Speaker 1: This is the Drive with Dale Lolly and Matt Williamson on your twenty four to seven home of the Black and Gold Steelers Nation Radio.
Speaker 2: And we are back.
Speaker 3: I am Dale LOLLI he is the Matt Williamson and Matt with the weird scheduling this week with Thursday game, three Saturday games and your Sunday games and Monday games. I thought we'd do a full week starting tonight and taking it through Monday DFS lineup for the Fantasy Football segment, so we have it allows us to talk about a bunch of different players as opposed to just playing tonight's game or something like that.
Speaker 2: There's already four teams that are substantial that are off the dock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we'll do tomorrow. We'll just do a Monday a Sunday Monday DFS lineup, so we'll have two different lineups.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 3: So anyway, so let's look at the lineups this week. So you get the Bills start with the defenses, as we always do. The Bills at thirty six hundred against the Jets.
Speaker 2: I don't think I'm paying up for that. I don't like the way their defense played lately.
Speaker 3: You get the Colts against the Giants at thirty five hundred.
Speaker 2: That's not bad.
Speaker 3: The Chargers against the UH Patriots at thirty four hundred, Buccaneers against Carolina at thirty four hundred, Vikings against the Packers at thirty three hundred, Lions against San Francisco at thirty three hundred, Dolphins against Cleveland at thirty two hundred. In quarterback in Cleveland, I don't think it's going to be dtr.
Speaker 2: I think it's probably Winston.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's interesting, that's interesting. Yeah, Dolphins on the road though, Rams at home against Arizona thirty two hundred.
Speaker 2: As you said, the tackle they don't have it, yeah, kind of Connors very questionable. Yeah, this still really I mean, unfortunately it's superwl weak for everybody. But right there's a lot of big dogs getting shut down. There's a lot of questionables. Who's gonna play, you know.
Speaker 3: The Commanders at home against the Falcons are thirty one hundred, The Eagles against Dallas thirty one hundred, Jaguars against the Titans are three thousand. Seahawks tonight against Chicago or three thousand. The Bengals against Denver are three thousand.
Speaker 2: Saints.
Speaker 3: Why would the Bengals defense be more expensive than Denver's defense in that game.
Speaker 2: I was thinking of the same thing. Aha, just say, what's Denver is gonna be? Denver's is really good, but they're putting up points. They're putting up points, but you're still gonna get sacks and yeah, things of that nature. I mean, Denver's got a good D.
Speaker 3: The Saints against Las Vegas are twenty nine hundred. I'd rather play Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: DA me too. Yeah, what's that one.
Speaker 3: Broncos against the Bengals on the other side of that are twenty eight hundred.
Speaker 2: They're not too far off.
Speaker 3: The Titans against Jacksonville are twenty eight hundred. The Bears tonight against Seattle or twenty eight hundred.
Speaker 2: We definitely go cheap. There's a bunch of these that aren't bad.
Speaker 3: The Bears defense is number one in the league against opposing quarterbacks. They do not give up anything through the air. You can run against them, yeah, yeah, but you can't pass the ball necessarily against him, And I don't see Seattle's offensive line is all kinds of banged up.
Speaker 2: It is. Bearsd hasn't been great lately, but that's a good point. You're at home. Yeah, on a short week, could be kind of a nasty field too, Who knows, I don't know what to what we're kind of weather, we're ex back in the night. But I don't hate that.
Speaker 3: The Packers on the other side of that game against Minnesota are twenty seven hundred.
Speaker 2: He's been playing well, but I could see a lot.
Speaker 3: Of points not against it. Yeah, they've been playing guard matship. Falcons against Washington are twenty seven hundred. The Raiders against the Saints wants to Move are twenty six hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: I really don't even care who the defense is, like a Kouspov's playing the Giants and Saints.
Speaker 3: Saints aren't breaking twenty points in that game.
Speaker 2: Though, I mean, I don't care the Crosby doesn't play, that's a good one. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now it's in New Orleans, I guess you know.
Speaker 2: I know, but the fans could turn on him too.
Speaker 3: You could also start the Cowboys defense against Kenny Pickett.
Speaker 2: Five hundred dollars might even be McKee, right. I mean, if it's hurts, I think you get out of it. It's not bad like it's cheap. Yeah, I think I like the going against I think I take the Raiders.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't. I don't have a problem with that.
Speaker 2: I mean, Sam, I would definitely go cheaper ones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just it doesn't make a lot of sense to pay up because some of the teams that you're paying up for are bad defenses, like Colts.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, and they're on the road, and yeah, so why not the Raiders. Yeah, it's good, spy not they're playing hard, they won last week. Get to play the Saints.
Speaker 3: You get to play the Saints. That's the big thing. At quarterback, you wanna go quarterback or tight end?
Speaker 2: All right? Quarterbacks? Fine, all right.
Speaker 3: Josh Allen is eighty five hundred against the Jets. Could be the last time you get to see him this year. They're at home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fighting an injury though.
Speaker 3: J Jade and Daniels seventy eight hundred. Jalen hurts his questionable seventy five hundred, Joe Burrow seventy two hundred. Denver's fifth against opposing quarterbacks and they get Riley Moss's back at corner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's big. Baker Mayfield against Carolina sixty nine hundred.
Speaker 3: You need to win that game.
Speaker 2: Jared Goff sixty eight hundred, Sam Darnold sixty four hundred, Rock Perty sixty three hundred, Bo Knicks sixty two hundred against that Bengals defense. I mean you've probably got to throw to keep up too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jordan, and he's gonna run like that's not bad Jordan Love sixty two hundred.
Speaker 2: That game could be a shootout. Yeah, I think it will be.
Speaker 3: Kyler Murray six thousand.
Speaker 2: I think they're my favorite too so far, Nickson Love.
Speaker 3: Anthony Richardson fifty nine hundred, Justin Herbert fifty nine hundred to Attago Vailoa fifty eight hundred, Drake May fifty eight hundred against the Chargers, Matthew Stafford fifty seven hundred, Aaron Rodgers fifty seven hundred, Caleb Williams fifty seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: They are he hasn't turned the ball over. No, he's got weapons and they can't run the football. No, it's not a bad defense he's playing. But he says a pretty well, yeah, they get weapons cheap runs like that's way cheap. Do you like him better than Nix? And I forget who's right now? Love, I might like those guys a little bit more but for the Buck, but for the Bock, I mean, Caleb Williams, is he stills a lot to prove Keithan Allen's playing well? What man? Yeah? Bryce Young at fifty six hundred even cheaper against Tampa Bay. Yeah, like they just played a few weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Bryce Young against Tampa Bay put up twenty three point sixty two Fantasy points.
Speaker 2: He's been productive. He had two hundred and ninety eight passing yards in a touchdown and ran three times for seventeen yards in a touchdowns. Running three or four times a game, give or take.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he's run the ball actually more than that recently. Do you like him more than five three seven three three?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't hate it. Yeah, I mean you know, for the Buck, you're the Bucks have to be low against quarterbacks. Yeah, they're going to put up points. Williams and Young are going to put up points in those games. I agree. I agree? Which one? Do you know? All the bad weapons? Maybe just because the cheaper one, so Bryce Young. I think we'd be starting Bryce Young at this point right there for Christmas.
Speaker 3: But again, I think I think when you look at his production over the last what five six weeks twenty seven point one two fifteen point nine. I guess he had a couple of talents.
Speaker 2: He's more roller coaster than you might think, but you would think his wheels would keep him his floor a little higher. But I think I might like Caleb Williams a little bit more just because of that. Okay, Well, he's a little bit roller coaster to a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess, but his his roller coaster is on the road though. Yeah, Bryce Young at home has been see his last several home games twenty six point seven to six.
Speaker 2: You're talking about Williams are young.
Speaker 3: This is Williams twenty seven point seven to six against Detroit. They played Minnesota at home, he had twenty nine point nine. They played Green Bay at home. Well, that's his low point twenty six or sixteen point twenty four.
Speaker 2: Let's put him man. Yeah, I think I think the floor at home for him, there's a big difference there. For whatever reason, they're so horrendous, they're a definite team. That home road splits her something to be aware of. Okay, so running back, let's go tight end. We got the standalone here. Brock Bauer sixty seven hundred. I think they're trying to get him. Yeah, I think they're trying to get the ball. Trey McBride is so he didn't play bad. No, he's right, he's fine. We never got to him. They're playing the Saints. McBride is sixty two hundred, George Kittle six thousand, Detroit is number two against tight ends. John Uther Smith is fifty seven hundred, Sam Laporta forty nine hundred. Big drop off there after those guys, and Djoku is forty seven hundred, Hockinson forty five hundred. Uh, don't don't mind the Joku. They feed him no matter what. He's questionable. Yeah, yeah, he played last week, but yeah, he was questionable.
Speaker 3: Kinkaid is forty three hundred, Kate Aughton forty two hundred. They're twenty eighth against opposing tight ends. Hunter Henry is forty two hundred, Brenton Strange four thousand, they're fifth against opposing tight ends. Tucker Kraft thirty nine hundred, eleventh.
Speaker 2: Craft's a good player. Yeah. I always hesitate to jump on their pass catchers for dfs because.
Speaker 3: There's too many, right, too many. There's a name on here that I want to get to. Kyle Pitts is not it. Cocomett is not it. Zach Ertz is not it. Will Disley is questionable. Jake Ferguson is thirty seven hundred, chig and quonquo. He's been hot, thirty six hundred. He has over twenty targets the last two weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he should not be that low.
Speaker 3: He should He has twenty one targets. He has one hundred and forty receiving yards on seventeen catches the last two games.
Speaker 2: Let's fire him up. I mean, I bet he's super chalky, but I'd rather have the lineup right, right, Yeah, when it's that chalky. Yeah, yeah, at thirty six hundred, that really I liked him as a Receiver's been some inconsistencies, but I like to play.
Speaker 3: Playing the Jaguars and Madson Rudolph starting, and the Jaguars embarrassed them at home a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Jags back seven is not good against past.
Speaker 3: Yeah, running back. You're looking at Saquon Barkley at eighty six hundred against Dallas.
Speaker 2: Consider it, and yeah, I don't love it. If it's McKee or picket though, that's the problem, right, I mean, it helps your touch push and short touchdown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna get the touchdowns. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Jamiir Gibbs is eighty five hundred.
Speaker 2: I get that one hundred percent too and would have a problem with it.
Speaker 3: Jon Robinson is eighty two hundred.
Speaker 2: Looks great.
Speaker 3: Josh Jacobs eighty one hundred. Minnesota is third against opposing running Yeah. Jonathan Taylor seventy nine hundred they are playing the Giants are twenty ninth against.
Speaker 2: Opposing crazy big game. Yeah, I don't think you're chasing points. They need to win the game, right right. Devin ah Chan seventy seven hundred. Cleveland is fifth against opposing running backs. This was one of his best games, but I don't love that one. Chase Brown against Denver seventy six hundred. I'm sure they're high, but he gets a higher percentage. They're actually sixteenth against running really. Yeah, it's not mean. His usage is almost insane. I mean it's way higher than any other back in the league. Kyron Williams against Arizona seventy five hundred. They're twenty six against opposing running Wow. He should be more expensive than that. Yeah, I mean he gets all the touches. Yeah, doesn't get a lot of carry or catches. But that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, James Connor seven four hundred. I think he's highly Kamara is seventy three hundred. James Cook against the Jets is seventy two hundred. Chewba Hubbard against Tampa Bay seven thousand. Bucky Irving on the other side of that is sixty seven hundred and does he have a question No, Carolina is thirty second against opposing running backs, and again, Tampa Bay needs to win the game.
Speaker 2: I would have a hard time not putting him in the line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he just he might be chalky too. Sure everybody against Carolina in the running back position.
Speaker 2: Is going to be chalky, right, I must win type of situation. That's your best guy. I'd rather he run the ball, really, rather have him than not.
Speaker 3: Isaac Grendo sixty five hundred. He's questionable. Tony Pollard is questionable. He is sixty four hundred. And of course the Jaguars are thirty first against the run.
Speaker 2: I'd rather look at Spears.
Speaker 3: Breese Hall sixty three hundred, Buffalo thirtieth against opposing running backs.
Speaker 2: I wonder what's his snapcounts? Ben, I don't think they've been low. No he played or anything.
Speaker 3: No, I think they might want to get into without He had fourteen for fifty two. Last week he had five catches on six targets for thirty eight. So he's getting the ball, Yeah, twenty times a game. The week before that they were he was banged up.
Speaker 2: Injury.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the catches are you know, you go back to the Colts game, seven targets, seven catches, four targets, four k He just it's pretty consistent.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Aaron Jones is sixty two hundred, Brian Robinson is sixty one hundred. Kenneth Walker's on IR it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that just happened.
Speaker 3: Rico dal Dell six thousand, phillies second against the run. I'll bet though, Zach Charboney six thousand in tonight's game. Yeah, they're twenty eighth against opposing running backs. I said, that's their Walker's out. He's a very run funnel team.
Speaker 2: I think that's the move.
Speaker 3: All right, So we got the quarterback and the running back from the other team in tonight's game.
Speaker 2: Okay, so yeah, it is what it is.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's move on to wide receiver. We can average.
Speaker 2: Sixty three fifty here the rest of the way, so we can still pay up for a wide receiver if we want.
Speaker 3: Jamar Chase is eighty four hundred.
Speaker 2: I don't like he'll get certain.
Speaker 3: I assume he gets a certained for they gets.
Speaker 2: Doubled and certained.
Speaker 3: Takes Hagen, Yeah, Justin Jefferson eighty three hundred. Green Bay is first against opposing wide receiver. Really, yeah, Puka ni Kua eight thousand.
Speaker 2: M A. J.
Speaker 3: Brown seventy eight hundred, don't know the quarterback situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said Pukah's kind of intriguing.
Speaker 3: A mon Ros Saint Brown seventy seven hundred, Mike Evans seventy five hundred.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he'll be fine.
Speaker 3: Ceedee lamb, you just said they shut him out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Terry mclaurin's seventy two hundred, he's questionable. They're thirtieth against to pass. DeVante Adams seventy one hundred. Crazy, Yeah, he's questionable. Tyreek Kill was questionable. There's a lot of cues here on the water receavage. Tyer Kills sixty nine hundred. T. Higgins sixty nine hundred.
Speaker 2: I don't love that either. It's coming back.
Speaker 3: Brian Thomas Junior sixty eight hundred. They're third against opposing wide receivers though.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, he's productive every week though.
Speaker 3: Malik Neighbors sixty six hundred.
Speaker 2: I don't care who the quarterback is. They throw them ball a time.
Speaker 3: Lad Mconkee sixty six hundred.
Speaker 2: I don't mind it playing patriarchy, Yeah no.
Speaker 3: Jerry Judy sixty five hundred, Cooper Cup sixty five hundred, Drake London sixty four hundred. He is questionable as well as his Judy Courtland. Sutton against Cincinnati sixty three hundred.
Speaker 2: Wow, I like that a lot. I don't see right, we considered Nicks. I mean that the balls go to Sutton, that's where they go. Yeah, yeah, I like that a lot. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm plugging it in at sixty three. That's too good to be true.
Speaker 2: About our budget any Yeah.
Speaker 3: Jordan Addison is sixty three hundred, getting their number one against best. Jackson Smith and jigba Is sixty two hundred. They're six against opposing wide receivers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they get good corners.
Speaker 3: Garrett Wilson against Buffalo sixty one hundred.
Speaker 2: He's been complaining lately, squeaky wheel. Yeah, yeah, squeaky wheel. That seems cheap for him anyways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, he hasn't been getting the ball they threw to him in garbage time less way, I think he gets the ball this week.
Speaker 2: I'm fine with it. Yeah, he's an easy one to convince me on. I love the player.
Speaker 3: Jamison Williams is six thousand.
Speaker 2: He's been pretty good lately too.
Speaker 3: Jacobe Myers against the Saints is six thousand. They're twenty fifth against the pass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure they are.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Jayden Reid fifty nine hundred. They are thirty second against opposing wide receivers.
Speaker 2: One of their receivers out I think is that Watt Watson is out out? Okay, Yeah, that clear things up a little. Yeah. I don't mind Reid, I don't mind Myers.
Speaker 3: DJ Moore could be our stack tonight. Fifty nine hundred.
Speaker 2: BacT. You haven't mentioned Keenan Allen. He's been on fire. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Juwan Jennings is fifty eight hundred.
Speaker 2: Detroit is thirty first against opposing wide receivers.
Speaker 3: DeVonta Smith is fifty eight hundred. Keenan Allen is fifty eight hundred.
Speaker 2: I think you go yes on that.
Speaker 3: That's a nice stack, and we have seventy two hundred left. I wouldn't even mind going Dj Moore with the stack in that.
Speaker 2: For the third receiver as our flex, or we could we could pay up with for our flex, we can get James Cook, Terry McLaurin, DeVante, Adams, Chuba Hubbard, Tyreek Hill, these guys off, they're all questionable. I don't like that. Neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we may be able to pay up a defensive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to pivot off Jig. I don't either.
Speaker 3: We could pay up a quarterback, but we've already.
Speaker 2: Put keenan Allen, Yeah, stacked nice back. There is there a running back or receiver we could upgrade too. I like the Bucky Irving, Yeah, call you know. I like Charbonne Tonight against like both of those. So we're let me regress here. We have one spot for amount of money that we don't love the flex for right, let me get so we could go brock Bowers at sixty seven hundred as a flex. As a flex, we.
Speaker 3: Can get neighbors. We can get lab mconkie, Cooper, cup Pollard.
Speaker 2: Do you prefer neighbors or McConkie, London, brist Hall Bad, Jordan Addison, Brian Robinson, Neighbors and mconkie kind of stand out to me. There's not much target competition for those guys. Is what is DJ Moore done? He had seven for sixty eight last time out. He had on ten targets his last five games ten targets, eight targets, eight targets, sixteen targets, seven targets. He has seven seven, eight, six, eight seven.
Speaker 3: In terms of catches now, the yardage totals once in a while sixty eight, forty six, forty nine, ninety seven to one oh six. But he scored two touchdowns in that stretch as well, and we got the quarterback in the lineup.
Speaker 2: I don't mind being double set. Yeah, they can't run the football. No, I don't think they're going to run the football against Seattle. I think they want to develop Williams too and get him as comfortable as possible.
Speaker 3: So if we go, if we do that, then we have thirteen hundred left over. We want to pay up a defense. We can go get the Bills defense against the Jets. We can get the Colts against the Giants. I think I prefer the Colts the Chargers against the Patriots.
Speaker 2: It's not bad either. It's in New England, but yeah, not bad.
Speaker 3: Should be sacks, should be sacks.
Speaker 2: I'd say Chargers of Colts. M who's the Giants starters at lock still? Man, I know he's hurt, he's horrible. Yeah, he's hurt and he's horrible. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Other than that, he's Yeah. The defense, I mean, I like the Chargers defense better than the Colts defense by.
Speaker 2: A long storm thousand. They're both pretty bad offense.
Speaker 3: And for the Patriots to win, they're going to run the ball. Whi's going to keep the score down.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Romandre fumbles a lot. Romandre fumbles a lot. Let's do Chargers.
Speaker 3: Okay, that still leaves us with five hundred leftover? Or do we want to try to pay up?
Speaker 2: Let me let me tex check defense. Let me check one thing.
Speaker 3: You're Raiders back in if we pay up on Courtland Sutton, he was our most expensive receiver. It's sixty get a real base. We can get Mike Evans at seventy five hundred.
Speaker 2: That's a move. I don't love the It's fine moving up on the defense. If anything that Gain does does on yeah, yeah, I'll be talking about the difference of maybe two points. Mike Evans is on that thousand yard crusade.
Speaker 3: I don't know how close he is, but they got two games left and he's got.
Speaker 2: I think he's in striking distance.
Speaker 3: He has, yeah, eight hundred and eighteen yards. Yeah, he's playing Mike Evans the ball. He is going to get the foot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That only leaves us to one hundred dollars left, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we got Caleb Williams at quarterback, win Tonight, Bucky Irving and Zach Charbonnet at running back, Mike Evans, Garrett Wilson, Keenan Allen at wide receiver. That's two weeks in a row we've had Mike Evans and Keenan Allen. Yeah, in a lot they hit for us last week. Chicken klonk Wo at the tight end position, thirty six hundred dollars, DJ Moore in a flex at fifty nine hundred, and the Raiders defense at twenty six hundred.
Speaker 2: Play in the Saints, play in the Saints. Yeah, there you go. Yeah, I like it, locking it in, locking it in, and we are in there, we go, all right, we're gonna get to a break that's gonna do it for the Fantasy Football Focus.
Speaker 3: A lot of decent matchups this week for Championship Week.
Speaker 2: There are there's some scary ones. Some scary ones yeah too, Like don't always dance with U Brunya. You gotta be able to some of the stars we're playing this week. I picked up Chicken quonquoll. Yeah. I don't blame me. It's a good move.
Speaker 3: I mean he's getting the ball a lot, Yeah, so why not take the targets. But anyways, let's get to a break. He is Matt Williamson. I am Dale Lolly. You're listening to the Drive on the Steelers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Is the Drive with Dale Lolly and Matt Williamson on your twenty four to seven home of the Black and Gold Steelers Nation Radio.
Speaker 2: And we are back.
Speaker 3: I am Dale LOLLI he is the Matt Williamson and this is the Drive on the.
Speaker 2: Steelers Audio Network. And Matt.
Speaker 3: After yesterday's game, uh, the twenty nine to ten loss to the Kansas City Chiefs, Mike Tomlin intimated that there would be some changes. Yeah, they're doing how they're doing and who they're doing it with. Nothing is off limits. So I have some ideas on some things. I would do. Okay, we'll go back and forth through. I'm gonna go first. One thing I would do is I would strongly consider putting Minka Fitzpatrick in the slot.
Speaker 2: I was thinking that too. I love his usage as a deep center fielder, but I think KZ can do it.
Speaker 3: Yes, and we have I think KZ on the field is better than what they're doing in the slot right now.
Speaker 2: I see what you're saying. I would rather have KZ out there, who's your best eleven KZ out there or the slot situation which isn't pretty at the moment, and make it close to the ball, you know, better run defender. We've seen a lot more of him not in deep middle of the last couple of games, and that's not why they're losing foks.
Speaker 3: No know, right, Like he's making plays all over the place.
Speaker 2: I think that's a real good one. And then basically make him the slot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which he's when they're when they're in the base defense, he's in deep center field.
Speaker 2: He can be here. He's still he's a free safety. When you go to when you're playing thirteen or eleven person, I should say he's playing the slot. It's a good one, yeah, I'm all for it.
Speaker 3: I mean, to me, the slot has been a big problem, huge problem, not just in in this recent stretch, but really.
Speaker 2: In the weakest part of the defense since Week one. Yeah, I mean, and which nobody was shocked about. You know, throw an undrafted rookie out there from the beginning, hoping Sutton's time comes. And it's doesn't look like that's a successful plan at all, to say the least. I'm not even sure if Someton will be in the league next year. I mean, he doesn't run very well. Maybe you'll have to be a safety, and is anyone going to do that?
Speaker 3: And I'd rather put him at free safety and just and then the slot.
Speaker 2: He might even be better at free safety than there's a lot at this stage of the game. Yeah, communication has been a problem with him. I like it. I'm all for it. I would go with Warren as my top back. Yeah, I mean, I think that one's the low hanging fruit. I just think he's the better player, fresher legs, more explosive, better receiver. Now it wouldn't be one hundred percent, that's not how that position works, but no, it'd be a two to one ratio or seventy five to twenty five at the very least sixty forty, which is kind of what has been the last couple of weeks just because of the way the game script is gone. You can dismiss it because they're losing. He's a third down back, and there's definitely some of that, but there's also been instances where I think on first and ten and neutral script, Nage you would have been out there and isn't now.
Speaker 3: You know, I did see this though today when I was looking at some stuff. Warren didn't run into a loaded box once yesterday.
Speaker 2: Doesn't surprise me. I mean that whole is night and.
Speaker 3: Day, whereas Nausea was like ten percent running into an eight or nine man box. And that's kind of one of the problems that how it's been this whole career right now with nause is that when he is out there, you're seeing single high and nine guys in the box. Yeah, it's just it's just not setting up well for him to run the football. I don't even mind putting him out there on some third downs and it's third and four and they're gonna they're gonna go to their nickel or dime I'm gonna run nausey up the.
Speaker 2: Middle because then he could play. He could stand up in protection for blitz, or you could dump with him on the screen. Yeah, or you know those type of things too. Yeah, but I think on more neutral stuff, I want more Warren for sure. I just think he's a more effective player. Yeah, I think so as well. I've always been a massive Warren fan. I don't know what his workload threshold is. I don't think any of us do, and it's a concern, but I think he's your second best skill guy. Yeah, you know, it's your turn. I don't really have another. I have some things i'd consider or flirt with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, A lot of it depends on is Joey Porter Junior back for the next game or not, and the people out there saying Joey Joey Porter Junior doesn't Matt oh or he stinks.
Speaker 2: I think it's yeah, right right. I think it's similar to Pickens versus the other receivers, I really do. I think that Room is one guy in the Pips, you know, I mean, and that includes Jackson. I've been down on Jackson for a while. I mean, I think he's okay, but he's better when Porter's out there. Yeah, I forget who I was listening to, and I never thought of this in my whole life, but certain Gardner Stingley, like, I think most people consider them the top three corners in the league. And I'm gonna say porters quite to their level. But all those guys got so much better when Reed, the Texans first pick in the second round, just played really well. And the dude that comes back for Denver like Moss Moss, Oh, I always forget his name, But you don't think about second corners influence in number one corners. But it is a lot more say than that, you know, like if you need your Alvin Harper almost you know that to be the stars compliment.
Speaker 3: That's why I don't have a problem with Jackson. He just can't be your number one guy.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if Jackson's good enough to be that too that I want, you know, that's all. I think. You can do better. Yeah, you can do better there, but what him being out is massive.
Speaker 3: If Porter is back, would you consider playing Trice?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would. I mean there's something especially in the Bengals game. Yeah, Like that's a tough challenge if you lose because of them, that's not great. Or if he gets beat more than you like, that's not great. But you might find something that you might find something out, you know. I mean, And that's a little bit of the GM and me off season ahead. But I want to know everything I can about Trice. I mean, Jackson comes back or not. I don't think there's any way that they go into camp saying Trice is definitely a starter, but it might be Trice versus number two draft pick for the starting job or you know what I mean, and have a couple more offices more. That's something I would consider. That's a good one.
Speaker 3: But now you're moving multiple spots in your secondary.
Speaker 2: But if Porter has to be healthy for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Porter has to be healthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know want to experiment with that like first round of the playoffs. Yeah, so that would be a one time thing and then go from there. And if Trice won, I mean I wouldn't I don't know. I don't know their practice schedule off the top of my head before this weird week, but I would assume he'll get a lot of run with the ones. If Porter's on has been the first practice he has already, now I will say this.
Speaker 3: James Pierre started that game yesterday, and right after giving up the touchdown to Christian Watson, he got yanked because before that play was snapped, he's out there looking around like I didn't know where to line up at.
Speaker 2: There were some of that, and Pierre has value elsewhere. But to me, Sutton and Pierre don't run well enough. You know, like obviously a huge offseason priority. Let's get faster on the back seven. Yeah, but maybe your fifth corner doesn't fit that bill anymore. You know, that's who you're playing with. Yeah, do you have any others? Nothing like jumps out off the table.
Speaker 3: I would not use Corderio Patterson as a running back anymore.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't either. I definitely would.
Speaker 3: Not, unless unless it's a situation like you saw in Baltimore where I'm gonna throw him a pass against a five ft ten linebackers.
Speaker 2: He's not getting to carry carries in crucial moments. Ever. Again, probably, I've been saying for a couple of weeks it's time to streamline the skill position players. And that means less Patterson, less, prough It less, maybe even Jefferson, you know, you know, like if two receivers are out there. I want it to be Austin and Pickens. Maybe Scronic would be my third if everyone's healthy to I mean, over Jefferson and the others, just because he has some nastiness and that ord of thing. I'm not even saying yes to these. I'm just saying the coaches should at least have a conversation, you know, like this is, this is what's happening right this week? Hey, what would you guys do? What?
Speaker 3: What changes do you guys want to make?
Speaker 2: If I'm coach, t like, just throw things out there. I'm not going to hold it against you. Just throw things out. Let's talk about it all. Does Peyton Wilson deserve more snaps? I'm not even saying get in the queens? But is he ready to be my Patrick? Queen? And queen be my Wilson? Seems premature, but I'm just again, I.
Speaker 3: Can't make that change in a week, Just too big of a change.
Speaker 2: Healthy fields? Does he get ten snaps every game?
Speaker 3: No matter what, He's got to be healthy first? And I don't know. I mean, he hasn't practiced practice.
Speaker 2: In two weeks, right, I'm running out of ideas though, you know what I mean, I'm trying to think what and frankly, we talked about this in the first hour. The changes you see aren't going to be this guy's on the bench, this guy got cut right, you know what I mean. You're playing with your guys. You might change the snapunce a little, or this guy doesn't play a nickel anymore, or Minko's your slot. That's a great one, but I think a lot of them will be procedural or how we call this defense, or when you call this sequencing, or maybe hey, Russ, I don't like the changes you're making at the line of scrimmage, or we're going to really stress getting the ball out in two point five or less. Or they have a weird trend that I don't love. And I'm an Arthur Smith guy, but I think I've really started to pay attention to it the last month. When they throw for a first down, they almost automatically go to a run on first and ten the next play, which I understand why, But these teams are smart too.
Speaker 3: They didn't do that against the Bengals. Against the Bengals, right, and they have been throwing more on first down and they have a strong tendency of complete a pass for a first down, all right, because get back to the run. But like it's like they put money in the bank and they're, you know, living. Here's the thing about that game yesterday. They had a sixty nine yard drive. They had a seventy two yard drive twenty five yards at h and they punted it from midfield, which that play Pickens caught that caught the ball along the sideline short, a short catch and the guy kind of stood him up real quick. But Pickings is twisting around to come out of it. The other tackler comes in and knocks they would be tackler off of him, and they blew the whistle. Yeah, and he's running down the sideline. He was not happy about it. It was going to be a touchdown.
Speaker 2: It was going to be a touchdown. Yeap, it was. And I don't kill the refs for that.
Speaker 3: They don't blow the whistle when it's a running back in those situations. They don't blow the whistle on a tush push.
Speaker 2: And they'll allow you to get there on the second halffort. Yeah, Like they blew it too quickly on that one. They did. They did, and it probably cost Seer's points or at least a big, chunky.
Speaker 3: Yard cost him the halftime lead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, a big one. They would have led a halftime in that game that was It would have been fourteen thirteen at the half. That was an error. I mean, there's no doubt about that. You mentioned the long drives. We should have probably brought this up earlier in the show the first segment, but gave too many short fields against You can't do.
Speaker 3: That, Yeah, and we should have Cordless. Cordless weight Man had maybe his worst over all day. Yeah, kicking the ball. That first one he kicked was the line drive one looked like something I would have came no hangtime. But even at that forty seven yards to open the second half, they get a field goal out of that. Now they had a three and out when they fumbled, then they got thirty eight yards, turned the ball over on downs, and then eighty five yards on the last one. They were moving the ball reasonably, con I mean they it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't three and out, three and out, three out, No, not at all. I mean some of that stuff's been better, and the running game to me, has been better. So it's been a lot of mistakes and you can't make the safe since these teams. Yeah, these teams are in the sacks.
Speaker 3: I mean, and when I'm looking at this, I'm watching, I.
Speaker 2: Believe Wilson for the sacks more than I do the as a whole.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was a protection problem.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I think in some cases, I don't know where the prime I don't know who the primary receiver is in certain situations. In some of those instances, but the primary wasn't open and he didn't have time to get to the second that you know, or for whatever reason, was looking to get out of the pocket. Kansas City had a nice plan against him.
Speaker 2: They did. They did, and their pass rush is good, but they didn't have Chris Jones, the defense coordinator is tremendous, and they did. I think they brought a fair amount of pressure in the game too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was actually beating if you saw the stats at halftime, I think he was Like when they blitzed him, he was like four for five for like seventy yards against the blitz.
Speaker 2: It was the other times teams are going to rush him up the middle, though, I mean, like, yeah, they kept harping on the broadcast, like the MA home scrambles were always when the B gap would open. I'm dumb gone like, but if if EAMs are not going to let A and B gaps open, you know that at this point. So maybe one of the adjustments that you make is to get him on the move more often. Yeah, it's a good conversation we had with Merrill. Two was he I hate speaking for others like this because I'm not going to phrase this one hundred percent right, but he doesn't love Wilson sitting in the pocket tapping it for three seconds. Yeah, because it's a sight. It encloses on you. I mean, it's big bodies, there's trees falling around you. But on the other hand, the way Merrill phrased it was, but I love when he's play action booting or you know, or something quick hitting play action, and you need your running game to have some substance to run. It's been really a problem. They had the running game against Baltimore. Yeah, they ran the ball effectively against the Ravens. I think that was my team wide biggest concern going into the Baltimore game. Like, I kept saying three nine per carry and couldn't cut it. It's got to be four to three ish, four to four. Well, that's gotten a little better. I mean, I think it was like four to seven against the Ravens. Yeah, and it was good even before nause He's ripping off runs against backups in the end. But it was six point five.
Speaker 3: I mean, Warren was six point five Wilson when.
Speaker 2: He he was like that the way six for fifty five runnings helpful. Yeah, you know, I'm just smart.
Speaker 3: You know you're not gonna get the first down.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, obviously on fumble, but it was.
Speaker 3: Six for fifty five and he had a one yard touchdown run. He was getting ten yards of chunk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, he was smart about it. Yeah. I mean, I think he's more apt to take off him go too.
Speaker 3: So, you know, I think the running game is is something that's going to I.
Speaker 2: Think the air was actually pointing up with the running game. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, but I mean, I think they do need to get him, even if it's just a little bit of pocket movement, just to get him out away from the middle of that pocket, because that's where the problems are coming.
Speaker 2: Spot and it really is a hard time see in the middle of the field.
Speaker 3: His his arm is strong enough that you know, even if you roll him out a quarter of the way he can still make throat to the other side of the field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean you're.
Speaker 3: Not you're not narrowing things down to just half.
Speaker 2: Its total halfield read or those type of things. I don't have any other like wholesale changes. I mean, you'd have to be in the building for what we have a hard time getting these plays in or this communication or man, this guy's not adjusting to this route or whatever. I mean, really minusia, you know type things you'd have to be real detail, not minusia, but like deep in the weeds. But I bet some of that stuff's problematic right now. And to your earlier point, it's harder to work on those finer things. Three games eleven days, right. I know this is a problem. I just don't know how to get it fixed because I don't make time. Yeah, doesn't mean we'll get it fixed, but you at least have a better chance of correcting that attacking the problem.
Speaker 3: I saw the frustration there yesterday with they had gotten a bunch of guys back on the defensive back end, and you're still seeing the communication issues. And I think that's where Elliott was going with like, hey, we get the same guys out here.
Speaker 2: Now he seemed very frustrated. Yeah, in his job. He actually said these are week one and two problems that week seventeen. Yeah, yehs got a new dude, right, Yeah, guys who played a lot of snaps. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So that's that's where they're at right now. Let's we'll see if they got the you know, a full week of practice to prepare for the Cincinnati Bengals, prepare for the playoffs, and prepare for the playoffs. You got a couple of weeks get prepared for that. So you get a couple of weeks, you know, if you want to make some changes, adjustments, whatever you want to call them, you have time to do that.
Speaker 2: I like the make of one a lot. The slot's been a bunch.
Speaker 3: Of that's that's to me, should be issue number one that get solved. Yeah, And that's the way to say, I understand you. You hate having him minky, we got a problem here. You got to go there, Manca, we have a problem there. You got to go there, which is kind of what they've done with him the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: But he's a good player that you one of the one of, if not the best center field or in the league. You know, you don't ask that guy to play second base, but sometimes sometimes you have to feel on the second baseman, you dude, Yeah right, that's the way it goes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's get to a break. He is the Matt Williamson. I am Dale Lolly. You're listening to the Drive here on the Steelers Audio Network. Matt and I'll be back to finish up the show right after this.
Speaker 2: At least.
Speaker 1: He's the Drive with Dale Lolly and Matt Williamson on your twenty four to seven home of the Black and Gold Steelers Nation Radio.
Speaker 3: And we are back. I am Dale Lolly. He is the Matt Williamson and Matt last week, I last week.
Speaker 2: All the days are running together. Could have been two days ago.
Speaker 3: Could have been two days ago. I believe it was last week. I don't know. But we had the conversation, you know what, was before the Houston game because we hadn't gotten to see Mahomes play yet. Yeah, and I said I would rather face an injured Mahomes or face a Yeah, an injured Mahomes than a healthy Carson Wentz.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Now, as I said when I said that, it would depend on how injured Mahomes, was it too bad?
Speaker 2: You didn't look too banged up either one of those games. No. I mean he's scrambling, he's getting the Yeah, you know they have that metric. You got to fifteen miles an hour twice against Houston already, and he's moving fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I took a lot of gruff guph for that, and I understand it.
Speaker 2: I mean, but bring sometimes you bring stuff up on the show to have a conversation. Of course, that's the way this works, right, And an injured Mahomes versus a healthy former guy guy who was a former good player in the running for the MVP Award. It was a conversation.
Speaker 3: I also didn't know how healthy at that time Mahomes was. He looks completely healthy right now. Yeah, No, I he doesn't feel completely healthy.
Speaker 2: At the time. It looked kind of critical for him, you know. Yeah, in terms of most people don't get up and walk around a week later, walk around a week later after taking the hit that he took. Yeah, and he's had a lot of ankle stuff and it was dealt with him over the years, but seems to be dealing with it quite well. He must spectacular.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was fantastic and again just diagnosing the mental stuff.
Speaker 2: I mean, he throws, but the mental stuff was great.
Speaker 3: And was able at times like manipulated cornerbacks or linebackers or whoever with his eyes. There were several times where it looked like he was going to throw that quick screen pass, you know, the quick bubble screen and even fake it and t J. Watt would jump in the air or whoever was coming in would jump in the air and boom, hit the guy in the slant behind him, like.
Speaker 2: Moving safeties with his eyes. Next level stuff, it's next levels. It's elite stuff. Yeah, it's rare stuff. Right. He was great yesterday. He was great, and that gives them a chance to win it at a third one. You know, there's no doubt about it. He is a special, special dude. And even Kelsey, you know, like he is a move like he used to and congrats to him. By the way, a thousand catches is awesome and most touchdowns in Chief's history in the same day. Good for you. That's awesome.
Speaker 3: You know, it sucks that he passed hinz word.
Speaker 2: Oh Yeahsburgh, Yeah, yeah, I forgot about that part. I was thinking more of the Chiefs angle. It all, but like he has such a good feel for I know this is the zone they're playing. I'm just gonna drift ever so slightly that you know, give us help when you actually cover him. That's the thing. And that's I keep talking about this Meryl conversation because we just had it today. He had a real problem with a lot of those guys just dropping to their spot as opposed to being football players or showing instincts or whatever, because no one's better at being football players. Are showing instincts than Mahomes of Kelsey. A lot of improv stuff. And we know this is cover two and you're supposed to go here, but you're more open if you're just two steps to the right, you know, and you gotta adjust quick, gotta play the game. Yeah, that ball's coming out, Yeah it was coming out quickly, unbelievably faster. I you know, initially was that makes a tackle problem a lot easier for right, So you're going to see that. That's how they're gonna play in way, it doesn't matter who they play. Ye And again, if the Steelers had Mel Blutt and Rod Woodson out there, you'd press those dudes and beat them up. But Without Porter, you can't do it. You can't do it right. You're really shorthanded. But it's a great game plan and that's all they're gonna play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but one way moving forward to fix that would be make it just a lot start yea, with Porter out there. Now I can Now I can press some dudes, now, I can, you know, get up in some passing lanes and do some stuff.
Speaker 2: And some things we haven't seen a ton of too. Is they've been really successful over the years. Those corner blitzeres get home quick. I mean not two point one seconds quick. But you know, Hilton used to get im media pressure a lot. Sometimes you'd run into a tackle and not get home. But let's let's make out of this.
Speaker 3: Lot even a game even some you know, linebacker Blitzer up the middle and things of that nature. I know their interior line is good.
Speaker 2: But sure, sure you got to mix it up. You got to mix it up, and you gotta you gotta make them. I even think about games going forward, you know, more so than what you just dealt with.
Speaker 3: Is well things stand up now as things currently sit. If the Steelers would play the Texans in the opening round of the playoffs, the winner of that game would go to Kansas City, right, Kansas City, So you might have to deal with that again. I'm pretty quickly. And so you learned some lessons in that game yesterday.
Speaker 2: That's what you're hoping for.
Speaker 3: That's what you want. That's what Steeler fans should want. You want the rematch with the Chiefs. It may not be the most appealing thing in the world, but you just played them.
Speaker 2: No one's going to give you a playoff wins left and right. No, it's you get a playoff playoff them right, start with number one. Yeah, get the first one and then go from there. Yeah. And that seems like a way is a way too, and it is good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you get some time in between that to fix some stuff and we'll see what the Steelers come out of their little mini buy with when they come back next week. But that's going to do it for our show today. So for my partner Matt Williamson, for Justin Miller here on site running the soundboard and the Justin Miller hotline, and for Tyler Viittmeyer making sure our video gets out there onto YouTube. Check that out there, and of course you can also hear the drive every Monday through Friday from four to six pm, right here on these very airwaves, where you can download the Steelers Mobile app and watch the show on YouTube.
Speaker 2: I am Dale Lollie.
Speaker 3: We thank you for listening to this edition of the Drive on the Steelers Audio Network.