Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Hour two.
Speaker 2: On this Friday. It's a med Friday. We have corn beef on the way. Who has it.
Speaker 3: Better than we do?
Speaker 4: No body?
Speaker 2: Eight seven seven to three. DP Show Email address DP at danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a DP show Happy to be in Sacramento or our new affiliate Fox Sports eight ninety AM and one oh four point seven FM. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America. The official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show, The Everything Must Go. It's a spring clearance sale at danpatrick dot com. A lot of great items there. Go in and pick up a few bargains, and while you're at it, sign up for the newsletter. I tried to go the entire first hour without talking about Aaron Rodgers, but Seaton brought me back and I did talk a little bit about it as a possible poll question of well, give me the phrasing of the Aaron Rodgers poll question that we will go with in.
Speaker 5: Albertinez freezyology, which is more true Aaron Rodgers is holding the Steelers hostage, where the Steelers are indecisive about their quarterback situation.
Speaker 2: Okay, and I mentioned that. I think Minnesota is holding the Steelers hostage because if Minnesota just said we're not interested in Aaron Rodgers, then we'd probably have some kind of movement here. But Minnesota hasn't said that. Now maybe they feel like we don't have to say anything. If there's mutual interest then and you want to send a message to your team and JJ McCarthy, hey, you're my quarterback, he's our quarterback. We're not interested in Aaron Rodgers. Well, they are interested in Aaron Rodgers, and therefore Rogers is holding up the Pittsburgh Steelers because if it's not Minnesota, you would assume that it's going to be Pittsburgh because you have a better chance to win if that's important to you. Now, he might say, hey, i'll play for the Giants. I don't have to leave New York area, even though his home is in Malibu. But does he want to stick it to the Jets by being good for the Giants? Like I don't know motivation. I don't have a source with Aaron Rodgers. I usually find out Aaron Rodgers what he's thinking from Pat McAfee's show, But then McAfee doesn't know what Aaron Rodgers is thinking right now. But we'll talk to Devin mccordy, NBC Sports, former defensive back with the Patriots. He'll join us coming up here in a little bit. The Vikings were better than they thought they were going to be last year. They won fourteen games that I think changed their whole sort of approach here of Wow, Sam Darnold came in, JJ McCarthy, you drafted in first round. Sam played really well until he didn't. But now in your mind you're a super Bowl contending team and you should think that way. Well, that might change your philosophy going into this year because as you're going, we got there with Sam Darnold, where could we get with Aaron Rodgers. I mean, this is what I would be thinking. Now, would I want to bring him in? If I'm the Vikings, I'm about winning now. I don't think Aaron is going to bring the Aaron Rodgers world to Minnesota. You know, he's not bringing in his buddies. And you got a really good head coach. You've got a couple of really good wide receivers, defense is really good defensive coordinator. Okay, now we got a chance here to maybe we get past Detroit or Washington or Philadelphia. This is a chance, and this is a franchise that's never won a Super Bowl. You got pieces there, and it's tricky with a guy his age coming off the Achilles surgery two years ago? Do you want to go all in for one year? Rogers reportedly wants to years now. Do you have a Jordan Loves situation with JJ McCarthy with waiting for Aaron Rodgers to pass the baton? If I'm Minnesota, I entertain it. I do because I don't know if JJ McCarthy's healthy right now. But they've let three quarterbacks go. I thought they were going to keep Daniel Jones. I thought that made the most sense that he can play. He can play at a decent level until JJ McCarthy's ready to play. But let's factor in that he did have knee surgery that kept him out. He didn't take one snap. Aaron Rodgers does still give you that potential to put a threat out there on the field that you can make people nervous with Aaron Rodgers, Sam Donald, did he make you nervous? Probably not? But Rogers and look, Sam Darnold is not Lamar Jackson. Back there, It was not like you go, well, Aaron's not going to be able to do what Sam did. He should be able to and then some so I would take it. I mean, what's the downside that you hand it over for one year and whatever, you end up with eleven wins and you lose in the first round of the playoffs, Okay, and then you put in JJ McCarthy. But I just believe in winning now. Washington is trying to win. Now, Philadelphia's winning now. San Francisco had their opportunity two Super Bowls in six years.
Speaker 3: They tried to win. Now.
Speaker 2: There's certain franchises that keep sort of waiting, you know, the Chiefs win. Now, Let's get guys you know that are going to come in and play right now, we can win. Kelsey comes back one more year. Let's strengthen the offensive line. We'll get a couple of receivers in here, we'll plug in play win.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: This is your opportunity. And if I'm Minnesota, I roll the dice on it. I do seven to seven three DP show email address DP at dan Patrick dot com, Twitter handle at tp show. Also the Russell Wilson situation, because if you're Russ, if I was Cleveland, I wouldn't let him out of the building. I'd just say, what's it going to take. We want you to be our quarterback, give us some stability here for a couple of years. How about we have a quarterback that nobody's going to say negative things about unless it's his performance. But we can bring him in now. I still would kick the tires on Kirk Cousins. I would still say to Atlanta, what would it take for us to get Kirk Cousins, because Cousins would be an upgrade over Russell Wilson. But if you're the Steelers, all right, you got Mason Rudolph right now. If that's the answer, you don't like the question, and you're waiting for Aaron Rodgers, well are you going to bring Russ back? What if Russ signs with the Giants or the Browns and you're waiting for Aaron Rodgers, Like, how long do you wait? If I'm the Steelers, I just say we're the Steelers today, at the end of business hours today, we have to have a decision. And if not, you know, if he can't come up with a decision, then you say, Russ, you're our guy. If Russ still wants to do it. He might be like, I'm not waiting around for you. I could go to Cleveland maybe the Giants. Giants could still take a quarterback, but Russ might be that bridge quarterback.
Speaker 6: Yes, Marvin, if you're a Steelers fan, do you really want Aaron Rodgers? Because you saw what just happened in New York. The Jets won seven games without Aaron Rodgers. So, like you said before the beginning of last season, you're like, look, if they want seven games without him, what do they do with him? And now you're just getting an old Aaron Rodgers and not the old Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: Well, as long as he knows what he can and can't do, because he was very mobile, great footwork, now not so much. And now can he be still a great quarterback in the pocket? That would be what I'm curious about. Alice in Pittsburgh, Hi Alice, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 8: Dan, I've never called your show before. I'm a nurse and I work.
Speaker 3: Talking about Aaron Rodgers. Alice Alis, it's not going well here?
Speaker 2: Do you have like your radio on or it feels like I'm competing with something?
Speaker 3: All right, let's try it again.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 3: Turned down your radio? Turned down your radio? Okay, Okay, that better.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think I'm I'm driving to work right now. I'm a nurse and I work weird hours, so I usually call the guys the odd couple in the evening. But Aaron Rodgers, you know, the general consensus here in Pittsburgh is we don't want Aaron Rodgers at this point. I'd rather have Jameis Winston. They should just keep us, I think for a year at least. It's consistent. He's been there. It's a joke. They spend one hundred and fifty million dollars on DK. We don't have anybody that's throwing the ball. And I don't know how you feel about the quarterback situation here, but people in Pittsburgh are like disgusted with it already.
Speaker 2: But Alic's and they've been disgusted with this for a long long time. Is it because you just don't like Aaron Rodgers?
Speaker 8: I just I don't know. I mean, this is the old this is old, Like you guys said, it's old Aaron Rodgers. It's not what he was, you know, ten years ago, even five years ago, and he never came back from his achilles that well, and I just don't trust him. I think he'll get part way through the season and want to go off and meditate and drink ayahuasca or something. He just is I don't think we need crazy. We had enough crazy over the years here. I just wish we could get a decent quarterback again. And it's just it's really frustrating. What's left out there right now is not you know, we've got Mason Rudolph for two more years, and Mason is okay. I mean we had him as a backup. That's not our answer. And I don't know what it is. It's tanking maybe this year.
Speaker 2: No, they won't tank, thank you, Alice, because Mike Tomlin has the street. He always has a winning record. Pittsburgh is not going to tank. No, that doesn't make any sense. I mean, you got a lot of money type. You just spend all that money on DK Metcalf, you spent that money on TJ.
Speaker 3: Watt. I mean, you got you got money big ticket items here.
Speaker 2: It's just it's it's strange to see one of the great franchises be kind of in limbo here. I don't want to say held hostage, but I would just give an ultimatum. You're the Steelers. He's an old Aaron Rodgers. Does he help us? Is he a higher ceiling than Ross?
Speaker 3: Yes? I would have kept Justin.
Speaker 2: Fields, Okay, I would have take taken Justin Fields back.
Speaker 3: Jets gave him a nice offer.
Speaker 2: But if you're going to make him your starting quarterback, then you give him twenty minute.
Speaker 3: When did he sign for two years for forty million? That's nothing? All right? Put him in.
Speaker 2: He did okay last year to start the season. But if you're waiting around for Aaron, like, how is Aaron and Mike Tomlin gonna get along? How's that done? How's George Pickens with Aaron Rodgers? I don't know Minnesota. I get Pittsburgh. Their offensive philosophy has not been very good the last few years. But if you want to bring him in great Minnesota, I get it. The Giants. You got to have somebody playing quarterback. I guess, but I only I mean somebody was saying, don't rule out retirement. Okay, I won't rule out retirement. I don't want to be held hostage by Aaron Rodgers where I have to dedicate so much time on this show to Aaron Rodgers. You know, let's can we play the Aaron Rodgers game. Paulie of I told, yeah, now, okay, we have a couple of NFL guests and I will talk about Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 9: Here we go, Dann, Let's pull the band aid. When we show up to work on Monday, Aaron Rodgers will be dot dot dot.
Speaker 4: I'll go first.
Speaker 9: Just as the entertainment value, I'm going with the.
Speaker 10: Vikings Todd a Pittsburgh Steeler Seaton.
Speaker 3: Nowhere, Oh, Marvin.
Speaker 6: Aaron Rodgers will be on your last nerve more specific, please nowhere.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say nowhere.
Speaker 2: I think he's gonna still be walking the beach in Malibu, searching for some signal, some sign.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to let anyone force my timeline and my decision.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm doing ayahuasca right now, just like, just put me out of my misery.
Speaker 3: Here. I know I'm supposed to cover. And here's part of the problem. I'm not going to.
Speaker 2: Blame Aaron Rodgers for all of this. It's the media that's obsessed with Aaron Rodgers, all right, obsessed shows that you know they they'll lead with the Aaron Rodgers topic. And there's no there's no news. There's nothing, there's no reporting, there's no news. You'll get the you know air, you'll get Adam Schefter going, oh, I'm exhausted.
Speaker 3: No, this is your job, Adam. You cover this.
Speaker 2: It's not my job to cover it because there's nothing to cover right now.
Speaker 3: Yes, he he is.
Speaker 5: One of the greatest quarterbacks of this era generation, possibly the most talented ever to play the position. Is that not somebody worth covering?
Speaker 3: Well, we don't have any news.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but like ninety percent of this industry is speculation.
Speaker 2: I know, Like, but I don't want to be ninety percent of this. I mean we've speculated.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, I mean like the job itself is speculation. Like we talked the draft, that's all speculation. We talk about everything. Everything is all speculation. What's Russell Wilson gonna do? It's all speculation.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But for Adam Schefter to say he's exhausted over this, like, that's your job.
Speaker 3: That's what you do. You cover hunt a hunt two cell phones? Yeah, neither of them ringing, Yes, Pauling.
Speaker 9: I do think the Vikings angle is interesting because the Vikings are in this weird position where they want to compete now, and the guy who helped them get in this position, Sam Darld. They didn't keep and they could have probably, but they would have kept him too long. It's just and very It's a good awkward quarterback situation.
Speaker 2: But if you're gonna know, Okay, I don't have any My speculation is I don't have any.
Speaker 3: I'm speculating that I don't have any speculation.
Speaker 5: Yes, is Aaron Rodgers really going to go from the As to the Jets to the Vikings? Yeah, I mean we've seen that story play out before. Yeah, but I don't think this is a revenge tour. It's not a revenge tour. But I don't think he wanted so desperately to get out of Brett Farre's shadow that he's gonna follow his career path almost exactly. How weird is that? I would love it. I mean, I'm just looking for content here. No matter where he goes. He goes to the Giants, great, there's some content there. He goes, you know, to Pittsburgh if he retires man, certainly, if he goes to the Vikings, that's juicy as well.
Speaker 9: Yes, Pa, I hope he doesn't follow everything Brett Favre did wow just.
Speaker 3: Wow wow to be said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, raising money for col volleyball not no specifics, yes, Marvin.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 6: One last question. If Aaron Rodgers goes to the Vikings, do you have him as a like real Super Bowl contender?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 6: Like legit up there with the Lions and the Eagles like that level.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm the knucklehead who had the Jets going to the Super Bowl. Of course I'm gonna have Aaron Rodgers. I'm doubled down. I'm gonna double down here on Aaron Rodgers. Devin mccordy, former Patriot defensive back, won a couple of Super Bowls. He'll join us next here on the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 11: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 12: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 11: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich?
Speaker 12: We talk about everything, life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 11: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 12: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together, I mean that says something.
Speaker 11: Right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd.
Speaker 12: Say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the.
Speaker 3: Most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 11: Be sure to check out Cavino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covin on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: We'll get to more phone calls coming up eight seven to seven to three. DP Show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle the DP Show. Good morning if you're watching on peacock, Thank you for downloading the app and our radio affiliates around the country. DeMarcus Lawrence was with the Cowboys. He went to Seattle, and he was pretty blunt in what he said about leaving the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Sang's a scenery is always good, you know, But Dallas is my home.
Speaker 3: Nae mahome there.
Speaker 4: You know, my family lives there.
Speaker 1: If I've ever going to beat it, but I know for sure I'm not gonna win a Super Bowl there.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's right to the point there. He knew what he was saying there. Devin mccordy, NBC Football Night in America's studio analyst, three times Super Bowl champ with the Patriot, What did you make of DeMarcus Lawrence.
Speaker 4: It's funny. I think sometimes we forget when he said that Dallas is home, you expect to be back in Dallas. And I know him and Michael Parsons went back and forth on Twitter, but the truth is he's pissed Dallas didn't offer him the money he thought he would get. Seattle did so. Now, probably all of the feelings that I think a lot of those guys in Dallas probably have is we know we're not winning. We got so much other chaos going on around here. Now I'm gone, I'm about to aer it out him gonna say how I feel. So it's understandable. And you know, he got to Seattle, and I'm sure that reporter was sitting there thinking, we're gonna have a friendly conversation. We're gonna talk about Seattle and what's next, and he's a hold on, let me let me tell make a shot at my ex real quick and then we can move on.
Speaker 2: But would he have had a different answer if he was staying in Dallas and they did offer him the money, you know, in a contract to stay there. What he have said, We're not going to win a super Bowl, but hey, it's my home and I'm coming back.
Speaker 4: No, he's been telling us how they plan on winning a super Bowl, of course, and then we'd be talking about they got no shot to win a super Bowl, but they believe they do. So yeah, I mean that's how players are. You're always happy in that new place. March April. We don't know if it's real until probably, I will say, early November to late November of if this marriage really works.
Speaker 2: But you won three super Bowls when with the Patriots, When did you think you were going to win another Super Bowl?
Speaker 4: We thought every year, I mean every year we got started it was it was how to win a super Bowl. You know, eight out of my first ten years we were in the super Bowl or in the AFC Championship all like every year. So but I think it's different. I think Dallas doesn't truly care if they're enner super Bowl. They care about being talked about on TV or how we're talking about them today, Like that's what's important in Dallas, I think from the top down. So they don't they don't have that. They don't care to bring in the right guys that are lead to super Bowls or lead to championships. They want the guys that are going to be talked about. I think that's important to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I find that fascinating. But it says a lot about Jerry Jones that you get caught up in fame. You get caught up in people wanting to interview you and really losing sight of what made you famous, why people wanted to talk to you, and that you won three super Bowls. But that's such a long I mean, that's a generation ago. But I don't know why you would be so addicted to fame, realizing the fame you get if you run your team the way you should run your team. They don't spend money in free agency. They do rely on the draft. They've been fortunate with a couple of draft picks, including Dak Prescott. But I mean they're just Nobody has accomplished less while getting more attention than the Dallas Cowboys, right, And it's.
Speaker 4: Ridiculous because you just said it. They dropped this Ceedee Lamb, Micah Parson, Dak Presley. Think about these guys. They've driven, but they haven't decided to say, hey, how do we keep veterans and bring veterans in that show these guys what it looks like to win year after year. And I always you know, I'm in studio every Sunday night with Jason Garrett and if the Cowboys lose and I see Jerry Jones having this media scrum, and I would look at Jason, like, how do you, as a head coach come back to your team on Monday and address the game or whatever happened when the owner Slash GM just said whatever he had to say to everybody that we probably didn't want to talk about. And he would talk to me. He was talking to me about trying to keep the focus on the guys in the locker room of controlling what you can control, and think about that as a head coach. If you're the Dallas Cowboys head coach, you're trying to talk about controlling the things that you can control when it's kind of like the thing you can't control as your owner who runs everything like that, that'll never.
Speaker 2: Work if you were on the Vikings. Let's say you're one of the veterans on the Vikings. Let's say coach front office comes to you, guys and says, what do you think about bringing in Aaron Rodgers?
Speaker 3: Your response would be what.
Speaker 4: The plan? Like, what is this the guy that's going to take us to the Super Bowl? And then my next question would be what does that do for the development of JJ McCarthy. Do we believe that this guy can come in and give us the best chance to win the Super Bowl this year? Okay? If we say that, then does this help JJ McCarthy get better? Does this make him worse? And I would say depending on what we ever see from Zach Wilson, but an all indication, the guy that went down and played in Denver last year seem like a better player than he was on the Jets. He talked about the impact Aaron Rodgers had him. I think we live in a world we always tall about Aaron Rodgers from the media standpoint of like somebody says, I talk to his people and they say this and that. But it always seems like some of the direct comments from players like Zach Wilson is the guy was great for me.
Speaker 3: He helped me.
Speaker 4: So to me, if you think that's the case for me, I would rather see JJ McCarthy get to start in Minnesota. Let him go lead that team. But if Kevin O'Connell and Quassi and those guys felt like Aaron Rodgers was it, I wouldn't be angry at that.
Speaker 2: Jevin mccordy, he's an analyst for a football night in America, three times Super Bowl champ with the Patriots. Cooper Cup, you want to talk about, Well, that was quick. All of a sudden, it's like, can we get a trade partner? I know he's making too much money for the production or lack thereof. Where do you see Cooper Cup? What kind of receiver is Cooper Cup?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: I would love to see Cooper Cup for the New England Patriots. Maybe I'm a little biased. I would like to see him there. I think he's a guy that he's not the same. He doesn't have the same ability and quickness I think to get open no matter what. Like he was a guy that if you ran zone, he knew how to attack you and then could pick apart and decide for what covers you were in. And then if you played man, you just couldn't keep up with him. I don't think he gets away from man as well, but he's still very knowledgeable and I think if you bring him into a receiver room, I think he's gonna change the dynamic of your receiver room. Kendrick Bourne, a receiver for the Patriots now said back in college, he's a Cooper Cup told him, you're a better player than me. I just work harder than you. And I think that method and that mentality will help change your room. And if not the Patriots, we're just talking about them. The Dallas Cowboys could use a guy like Cooper Cup who comes in with a focus on winning games, winning Super Bowls, and he might have the impact similar to Saquon Barkley I felt had in Philly this year of putting the team first, doing what's best, and I think that trickled down to everybody. I think Cooper Cup can be that type of guy.
Speaker 3: I've been mentioning.
Speaker 2: If I'm the Steelers, I give Aaron Rodgers until five o'clock today. I just say, if you love us, join us. If you don't and you want to go someplace else you're not quite sure, then we don't want you.
Speaker 3: What do you think of that philosophy?
Speaker 4: I think at some point you have to do that. You have to draw a line in the sand, because how do you You have to decide how we get better as a team. You just went and you paid Dk Metcalf. You still have George Pickens on the other side. You're putting together something that is looking pretty good right now, Sign Darius Slay. We're missing the quarterback, Like Aaron, what are we doing here? Are you going to sign? You talk to a lot of different free agents they've talked about. When they go and they visit a place, the team tells them, hey, if you leave the building, offers off the table because we have to move on. So whatever it is, like, I think for them, you have to fear right now if you don't get Rogers and then Wilson signed somewhere else.
Speaker 3: Now, what do you do, he signs money.
Speaker 2: What's the most important thing that you're looking for or players look for in free agency?
Speaker 4: I think the culture that you're playing in, and then what system you're playing, And I think if you're a smart player and understand that it's not just the money. Because I always thought of free agency or being a player, how do I make every single dime in my contract? Everyone always talks about how do you just make the guarantee?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 4: Why if I sign a five year deal, why not try to sign on somewhere? Why I think I'll fit for all five years. So a part of that culture is is the coach on the chopping block? Am I going to sign with a coach in general manager that might not be here next year? And we get a whole new person with philosophy? And then the system you're in does it benefit you as a player? Everybody's selling you a free agency you need to do your own research and figure out, Hey, what kind of player was in this system? How do I benefit? You heard justin Jefferson, when Kevin o'conllen those guys got to Minnesota, he said, how do I become Cooper Cup? What did he do? How was he so successful. How is he so successful? For la and Kevin O'Connell said, learn every position, every wide receiver position. Then I can put you anywhere. So like that guy now knows how to be successful. You have to find that in free agency as well.
Speaker 3: Do you think guys go for location weather.
Speaker 4: I think some. I think some of the older guys. I think that's a part of it of you wanting to do something. I will say, family, weather, all those different things. Like I think of a guy like Cooper Kublic, he might want to stay on the West Coast. He's won a super Bowl, he's won a Triple Crown, like he's had a ton of success for him. There there starts to be things that you say, Hey, if I want to keep playing football, I want these things. And I understand that. But I think those younger guys who are getting too that first real big money, they'll sign like they'll sign anywhere. You heard Milton Williams he signing New Wingley said, I just want a super Bowl. A few a month or two ago. I think this might be better than that super Bowl. He's already forgotten about the super Bowl because he sees all those zeros.
Speaker 2: Good to talk to you, Devin, have a great weekend. Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 4: Likewise, I good talking to you there.
Speaker 2: It's Devin recording Football Night in America three times Super Bowl champ with the Patriots. A couple of phone calls in here. Uh Sean in Kansas, Hi, Sean, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 13: Hey guys, thanks for taking my call again. I actually have two things, if you'll let me one. My daughter turns to this weekend. She hasn't missed an episode. She loves the theme song we played in our car all the time. I was hoping to get a happy birthday. And that way, whenever you guys retire, whether it's in February or in December of twenty twenty seven, then I can play it on her birthday every year.
Speaker 3: That would be.
Speaker 14: What happened.
Speaker 3: Oh, no, we know we didn't get his daughter's name.
Speaker 6: Marvin, I was my hands are right here.
Speaker 3: I didn't touch anything.
Speaker 2: Well Ray wait, well, pa, Ray is filling in for Tyler.
Speaker 9: It appears the call dropped on his end from I'm looking at Marvin screen.
Speaker 3: On whose end they call it? Oh Sean's end? Yeah, and we don't have the name.
Speaker 2: Well, Sean called me back, so I can have your daughter's name and then we can sing the song. But Ray is filling in for Tyler, and I thought maybe it was pilot air there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Paul, if we don't get him back, should we just sing the song with random little girl names and maybe we'll hit the right one.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm going to trust that Seawan is capable of coming back. We'll reconnect there. It's a big moment here. I think this will be for posterity's sake. His daughter is going to be, you know, like twenty four, and then he'll play the song that we recorded.
Speaker 3: Sean. Your daughter's name is uh sean.
Speaker 12: On.
Speaker 13: Hey, thank you guys. My daughter pushed the headphone button and it turned off the phone. She's watching you guys right now, and I'm yelling. I'm just saying, hey, guys, that's her name is Oakley, and she turns to this weekend and she would love a happy birthday. But I also do have most valuable Danette Odds. If you guys want to hear it, Okay, Well, I'm going to say Paul is in the lead, and I think that's a surprise for some people. But I have to say this show is all about content and when you guys are on break, and even when you're not on break. Paulie is on Twitter posting the best places to get wings, the bars with the most spears. He's posting videos of nutshots and college basketball.
Speaker 3: But that has nothing to do with the show, though, Sean.
Speaker 13: He's keeping all of us entertained while you guys are off the air though, That's what I'm saying. Eaton also doing some soccer takes. He's in second place. But yeah, my daughter Oakley turned to this weekend. I think a happy birthday.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Sean, Thank you, Sean.
Speaker 15: Birthday, sat Down, Happy Birthday, Oakley, Happy birthday?
Speaker 3: Uh Bill and Indy? Hi Bill? What's on your mind today?
Speaker 7: Hey Dan, thanks for taking my call. I was hoping you to accept an offer or maybe a recommendation for a new meat Friday song. Okay, it's done to the tune of Casey Abrams. You know Casey Abrams, a song called the Simple Life or a Simple Life? You know that one?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Maybe here, Okay.
Speaker 14: Don't need no pasta, I don't need men, no beans, don't need no salad. You can keep all them greens because it's meaty. My cocoa burger I'm my cocoa rebbi, my cook some cornbe finds. Is that kind of guy? Because it's Meet Friday.
Speaker 3: There you go, Thank you, Bill Will. That's a that's a live performance.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 3: Steven Maryland, Hi, Steve, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 16: Hi?
Speaker 3: Good morning?
Speaker 1: Wondering if you would entertain a memorabilia piece to put front and center?
Speaker 3: Okay, what's what is the piece of memorabilia? All right, and you're gonna love this. This is a Loyola Lacrosse.
Speaker 8: Helmets time by Pat and Cam Spencer.
Speaker 2: Okay, uh, I probably wouldn't put it front and center. Maybe side, but uh yeah. You know, once again, if you send it in, you're not getting it back. The only thing we sent back was Carson Palmer's Heisman Trophy, and I did that well. No, also Darius Rutgers grammy. So if you do send it in, chances are it's staying here. I remember when Darius Rutger, so he had won a couple of Grammys for Hooty and the Bluefish, and all of a sudden I get this phone call. You got to send that grammy back. I said, wait, what happened? I said, you got a few of them? He goes, no, you can't have it on display. You can't you know, might prevent me from winning another Grammy. And then I joked and said, you're not winning another Grammy.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about hardcore.
Speaker 2: I was joking with him, and he goes, no, no, no, you got to overnight that. You got to overnight that. So I said, all right, overnighted I had a Grammy and I'm like, that's the most coverage the Grammy's gotten. We put it on display. So I sent it back to him.
Speaker 3: Buzz kill.
Speaker 2: All right, more phone calls coming up. Mike Tannenbaum, he worked in the front office. He was jam of two teams in his career, so we'll get his thoughts on maybe that side of this free agency period. We're back after this in The Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio w app.
Speaker 2: Speed up your hiring process. It's really easy when you go with the pros. Express pros go to express employment professionals and they reduce the time to hire, cut costs, find the right talent for contract and full time roles. Visit expresspros dot com today and transform your hiring process.
Speaker 3: Seaton, update the poll results if you can, please.
Speaker 5: Heck yeah, of course again we're up there talking about your favorite topic. Dan, that is Aaron Rodgers. Where is Aaron Rodgers going? Okay, Aaron Rodgers? Is he holding the Steelers hostage? Or the Steelers indecisive about their quarterback situation? Right now? Seventy two percent of the audience. The Steelers are just indecisive, okay.
Speaker 3: Basketball.
Speaker 2: Last night Steph Curry four thousand career three pointers, not last night, but his four thousandth thank you. Second on the list is James Hardinet and twenty seven. Luca had forty five in a loss to the Bucks. And we talked about this with Lebron and the schedule, that you can be kind of flirting with the play in game by the time Lebron comes back. We talked about Cooper Flag with the ankle injury. I don't see him playing against North Carolina. They did get past Georgia Tech con Canoople Canipple scored Boll I hope he makes it in the NBA free The Canipple con goes for twenty eight points as they beat Georgia tech Is twenty eight are the most by a duke freshman in an ACC tournament game since Zion had thirty one against Carolina and.
Speaker 3: Twenty one nineteen.
Speaker 2: So Connipple, yes, if he has a cold shooting night, goldnipples, Yeah, I get a little knippian y. Thank you, Todd relate. You always have per nipples for some reason.
Speaker 15: Why excited?
Speaker 3: You know? But why is that?
Speaker 16: I'm not sure I've got a condition.
Speaker 3: Is it a condition?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 16: I should ask my primary care position what's going on.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine a worse job than your primary care physician.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be fine, you know, even.
Speaker 2: The secondary care. Do you think the primary goes? I can't do it. Hey, Tommy, can you come in here and take take a look at Todd.
Speaker 3: I can't do it.
Speaker 16: And then I'm gonna ask for a second opinion and a third opinion anywhere.
Speaker 3: Yes, Paul.
Speaker 9: According to the CDC and Mayo clinic, causes the treatment of puffy nipples and men that's what they call them. They said, uh, hormone and balances excess body fat can cause boosted nipples, as they call them. There you go, and the best thing to get rid of it is, I want to.
Speaker 2: Guess get in shape, exercise, Yeah, okay, I.
Speaker 16: Don't know about hormone balance, chemicalm balance, yes, and the weight there.
Speaker 3: Do you think you have a chemical imbalance?
Speaker 10: Very possible, really yeah, I'm a little off. Yeah, but you know what, hopefully in a good way. Yes, well, puffy nipples. This is also from a medical website. Result of rapid or excessive weight gain and weight loss, hormonal imbalances, or steroid use.
Speaker 3: Back in the day, did you think about using steroids?
Speaker 4: Never?
Speaker 16: Okay, but it was flattering if someone came up to you and asked you if you were on something, which meant obviously they were impressed with your physic.
Speaker 2: If you didn't have to put a needle in you, but you were taking pills.
Speaker 16: And it was supervised properly, and there was no like side effects.
Speaker 3: Right, thing like, well, no, there's always going to be side effects.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I'd be too neurotic about you know, my skin's purple faces, bloated.
Speaker 2: Fritzy calls me, and and if Fritzy calls me, then I know, like it's either really something strange or something serious, So I pick up the phone. If Todd goes, hey, what are you doing going on? I'm going home. Funny thing happened. Funny thing happened with my mom. Now, I know it's a longer story, probably not going to be funny, but I do have great I do really like Todd's mom. I think she's a character. She's right out of everybody loves Raymond. So Todd then tells me the story that you know, his mom doesn't go out, don't go out, then leave the apartment, but always calls Todd hasked, what the what the weather's like?
Speaker 4: That's the weather? What's the weather like?
Speaker 16: Why don't you go You have a little terrace, you can go outside, go down to the lobby of the building, just fed the pigeons, sit on the bench with the all the elder cockers, and you know, just kind of do your thing.
Speaker 7: And this.
Speaker 16: You got to get out of the house. I have a Periodonti's appointment next week. That's when I'll go out when a van comes to pick me up.
Speaker 3: But I didn't know why you called me to tell me that story.
Speaker 4: I had to because it's like I just had to share with you.
Speaker 16: And then she went on all of a sudden, she said, continental Continental, and I'm like, I don't know what you're talking about. Mom. Then I realized she watches like twenty hours of the game show Network, So I guess she was doing the play by playing playing along from some game show she was watching.
Speaker 4: So I played along. It's edited Breakfast Divide. I didn't know what to do. It's very strange. What's the weather? And then she's yelling Continental.
Speaker 2: At Okay, why don't you just call your brother? Maybe he can relate to it and laugh a little totally gay.
Speaker 16: He's got less patience than I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it doesn't go well when they the two of them talk.
Speaker 2: All right, can we play the brand new game Great Job, Bad Job?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, Marvin has custom music for this. Right here we go. Yeah, time to play Great Job, Bad Job.
Speaker 9: Multiple reports. Free agent quarterback Gardner Minshew reached an agreement on Thursday for a one year deal with the Kansas City Chiefs. He did the backup for Patrick Mahomes. Is this a great job or not a great job? I'll go first. That's a fantastic job. Probably a nice check like in the seven million range. The goal is to not play one snappy entire season. You're not gonna get hurt, and you're probably gonna get bonus playoff moneies and maybe a ring without actually doing anything.
Speaker 3: I say it's a great job, Okay, Todd, great job.
Speaker 4: Great job all around. And the chiefs are always one step ahead of everybody.
Speaker 6: It's a smart move by.
Speaker 5: Them, right seating. Great job, band job, Gardner Minshew. It's a great job. But because the plus side outweighs the negatives, it's a great job in that you might get a ring. Yeah, you also know that if all goes well, you never have to play.
Speaker 3: You know, you're never competing for that job. You never know it.
Speaker 5: Should something happen, the sky is falling because you're the guy that's doing it. That's never fun. However, I would still take the opportunity. Marvin, great job, banjob, great job.
Speaker 2: If you're at the point in your career where you know you're not going to be a starter again, then it's a great job. Here's the problem, Gardner Minshew is twenty eight. I think this is a bad job. If you want to compete, I don't, I mean, do you want to be a backup? Daniel Jones gets an opportunity to compete in Indianapolis, although Gardner Minshew was in Indianapolis.
Speaker 6: Yes, Martin, So if you're Bubby Brister, that's a great job being a backup the John Away. Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, I mean Carson Wentz was there last year. Where did Carson.
Speaker 3: Wentz go North Dakota State? No? No, what team is he with now?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Not exactly a big signing by somebody there. We got him. We got Carson Wentz seven years too late.