Speaker 1: Hi am Kate Hudson, and my name is Oliver Hudson. We wanted to do something that highlighted our.
Speaker 2: Relationship and what it's like to be siblings. We are a sibling.
Speaker 3: REVALI No, no, sibling. You don't do that with your mouth, revelry.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 4: Ollie, Justine and Colinlupe.
Speaker 2: No, it's loop loope. No, there's no over are you.
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 4: Justine is really good friends with our sister in law Mayor. She's also plays the Sarah foss Her character and nobody wants this.
Speaker 2: That's right. That's a tough one, tough one.
Speaker 4: So it's really exciting to have her on because we get to like, you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's interesting to see if she has studied Sarah Foster in any way to try to emulate.
Speaker 5: Let's bring her in, bring him in them Colin.
Speaker 2: Don't forget Colin. Guys, don't That's what it was what Kate.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: I said him first.
Speaker 2: It's like, don't forget about all of you know.
Speaker 5: I talked about Colin first.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, are you in Denver?
Speaker 1: No, we're in We're in Mount Washington, which is where I live.
Speaker 5: Oh, so you're in LA.
Speaker 2: We're wearing the Nuggets hat. Oh yeah, okay, So I'm a massive Lakers.
Speaker 4: Fan, but you're but but we were raised like we're La Colorado.
Speaker 2: I'm a huge, huge Broncos fan.
Speaker 1: How did you pick between the Nuggets and the Lakers if you were like by you know, by coast or by by states.
Speaker 4: Because when we were kids, we had no football team.
Speaker 2: The Raiders and the Rams left in the eighties when we were too.
Speaker 4: Young, and so we grew up really with with Broncos, with like with John Elway, Broncos.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 5: But then the Lakers were always what.
Speaker 2: Are you going to do when the joker comes to l a o.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's so nice to have you on.
Speaker 4: I mean Justin and his friends with Meredith and we were we were in our intro. We were talking about how we met you first through mayor do.
Speaker 1: You remember the first first time we met Okate and I know where? Oh now, okay, so this is a story, which is that at Merediths pre rehearsal dinner that they had at that Waboo Sabbie or whatever. Do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, in Colorado.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I went to that and I went with my ex who was from Minnesota and I'm from Colorado. We like lived in the mountains when I was younger, so I'm like very used to the altitude. Camped all through, like all through our childhood, and at that rehearsal dinner, I'd been like, you need to like make sure you hydrate, make sure you eat. I had two STIPs of a margarita, and I went tunnel vision. Do you remember this?
Speaker 2: Now case.
Speaker 7: This is the best, slowly collapsed onto a jewel place and then fell backwards and was like basically passed out at this rehearsal party.
Speaker 2: Oh is this a chemo sabi? Yes, yes, yes, my god.
Speaker 1: He was in my face and she's like, what drugs are you on?
Speaker 5: And you were you were wasted?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was fucked up. It's so embarrassing because I have been like literally it has been amazing. I have like a hard cut of me, like preaching about how he needed to make sure he didn't pass out, and then I immediately remember hurt from across the store, like being like, welcome to askpens a beautiful wife. You were like you guys, you're the one who passed out, and I was.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, the great way, Oh, God, I'm glad we got this out of the way. Well just wait, Justine, how did you meet Meredith?
Speaker 1: We met like testing for different pilots in the same hallway. We were like, no, but we got to.
Speaker 4: I know, you have to work together, right, That's what I keep saying, May, I all have.
Speaker 1: To do something, the three of us, because I feel.
Speaker 4: Like there's something that's happening there. I know, and and May is just the best, and she's so funny and like so like loving, and I just we just love her so much. So Okay, let's get into your guys childhood.
Speaker 8: Born in Denver or born in New York.
Speaker 1: I was born in New York.
Speaker 4: Oh, born in New York. You're born in Denver and you grew up in Denver?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Well my parents moved from New York City to Bailey, Colorado, which is like a little tiny mountaintown. You're like conic for an Evergreen, if you guys, I like, I'm assuming you.
Speaker 2: Know, no, Okay, I know, I know Evergreen.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's like right near there. And then they look down to Denver and had him, and then we grew up.
Speaker 6: In Denver, born and raised like in Lowry area, you know where that's at.
Speaker 5: Did you like growing up in Denver?
Speaker 2: Real?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I loved it. I loved Colorado. I feel like it's such like close props and many do such beautiful like nature and we kind of grew up going in and out of the mountains and it's like a really friendly neighborhood that we were in.
Speaker 6: And I think there's just good people in Denver, you know, it breeds very down to earth granola people.
Speaker 2: Are you guys the only siblings?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 5: And what's your age difference?
Speaker 8: Two years, one year, nine months? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're pretty close.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 1: Now that I've had a baby, I'm like, how the hell did my mom?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: How old is your baby?
Speaker 1: She's eight months?
Speaker 5: Are you shooting? Nobody wants us right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: How did it going?
Speaker 1: It's going good, it's going there. The first season, I was pregnant through the whole thing, And this time I'm like dealing with, you know, like mom, like the first job since becoming a mom. So it's just like the balance and like the brain fog is like such a real thing and like I didn't I didn't know how we live with it, like like barely speak in full sentences now, so like I it's a little bit like tricky, but I'm having fun. It's gonna be a good.
Speaker 4: You know what that Once you get to like a year boy or girl girl, well she's a year old, you literally wake up and you're like, oh my, oh I remember this person.
Speaker 5: It's like your hormones just change.
Speaker 1: I'm so ready for that. I'm like glad to hear it too, because I've heard I have heard like mixed things. Like the other day I was doing something this I was like, it's never coming back, and I was like, fuck.
Speaker 9: You.
Speaker 5: Forever it comes back, it comes back.
Speaker 4: But but isn't aren't you? Isn't Noah the same age?
Speaker 1: She's like a few months ahead. But yeah, yeah, you've done links some play dates on set, which is really cute. It's like a very baby heavy environment, like Kristen brings in her little babes. I mean they're not babies anymore, they're like children. But Aaron your baby. There's like another woman who was pregnant last year who brings in her baby. It's like, it's very cute.
Speaker 2: What is Sarah doing?
Speaker 1: Sarah? I don't Sarah's never there. There's like ow. She's like, I'm monitoring it in some way, but she's kind of like not, she's not present.
Speaker 4: Sarah's Sarah is traveling the entire state of California with her daughter, who's like an amazing volleyball player right now. Oh really yeah, VV is like an insane volleyball player.
Speaker 1: She's a player, is that Josie?
Speaker 4: And Josie is also like an exceptional tennis player. So she has these kids that are like playing in these crazy tournaments everywhere.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: So she's watching dailies and like driving to like, you know, Carl's Bad.
Speaker 1: I feel like she's think in New York for like a long Like she was like, I'm living in New York. I was like every post she did for like a month was in New York. I was like, what is she doing there?
Speaker 4: Just all kinds of favorite daughter stuff probably like just handles, fabulous, know them?
Speaker 1: How do you know them?
Speaker 5: How do I know the Fosters?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: We went to school together. We went to high school together, and then we were besties. And then when I graduated, she decided. Sarah decided that there was no point for her to go really to high school anymore, so.
Speaker 2: She would end up in my bedroom.
Speaker 5: Sarah, all her friends graduated, so she went to this like.
Speaker 2: She was. She was into the Hudson Express, you know. I mean she would our our rooms were right across from each other, and she would sort of come in the room like what's going on? But she was younger than me, and I was just I would reject her.
Speaker 4: You know, Oh god, literally, Sarah just texted me, Yeah, she's asking about my.
Speaker 2: Never dated No no, no, no, no it is.
Speaker 5: Now let's change the subject. Why we got to get back to your childhood?
Speaker 2: No, but okay, we'll go back to your childhood. But you know, it works out like and you guys don't know if you've experienced this, but you know when when when I was I'm older, and Kate would be all about my friends like, oh my god, like hey Adam and Scottie like what's going on? I'm like, Kate, leave me the fuck alone. And then that switched when Kate got older and her hot friends came over. I was always likes, hey, Kate, like what's going on in your room? Like what's happening?
Speaker 1: You know, I really didn't really have that at all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, with the older sister dynamic, I feel like it's a little bit different. Yeah, older, and he was always yeah, I always had crushes on her friends, but it was never.
Speaker 4: So what did your parents What kind of household did you grow up in? Was it a creative household or like what do your parents do?
Speaker 5: What was their vocation?
Speaker 1: Yeah, my mom has kind of been in and out of like therapy, different kinds of therapy. Like she worked for the Boys and Girls Club for a while.
Speaker 8: She was a dancer though when she was younger, So.
Speaker 1: She's creative, yeah, and then and now she works as a therapist for mostly for women with borderline personality disorder.
Speaker 5: But oh wow, fascinating.
Speaker 1: He's really devoted her life to be and she's like one of the few therapists I bet that takes like insurance. So she's really like devoted her life, you know, doing yeah, helping people. And my dad is a visual artist and worked at the Denver Art Museum, So there was always like a lot of acceptance and encouragement towards being an artist or leaning and.
Speaker 2: You guys immediately sort of gravitated towards that that was kind of your life.
Speaker 6: They helped, you know, it was always in our life, like drawing, painting, visual arts. Justine was in and out of theater since she could talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you also were like we were always doing like videos and stuff like we would like I would want to like do like a cooking show, and Colin would be like the cameraman like with like a skit like we did like a one, like I did a whole thing on like Ned Kelly, who's like this Australian like outlaw.
Speaker 2: I don't know if y yes?
Speaker 4: Of course I was always the victim in all of all of us films. Like if he'd be like I need you be I need to we need to kill you, and I'd be like, what.
Speaker 2: Where like scene?
Speaker 9: Like how do you like do you want an internal death scene or do you want something like a little more out there Kate, I don't know, just just like kind of die, what's my what is my motivation for dying?
Speaker 2: Like a bullet went in your heart?
Speaker 1: Impact? Did you be the director or were you allie?
Speaker 2: I made Yeah, I made it all the every every weekend.
Speaker 5: He just the whole experience.
Speaker 4: Him and his best friend would write direct and they would act.
Speaker 5: In and I was always supporting. I was a day. I really was.
Speaker 4: I really was, And at one point I I sort of my parents recall this time when we were in on a vacation on like spring break or something in Hawaii and they heard me get fed up with them and because we were playing something or doing something, and I was so sick of just always being like the the you know whatever they wanted me to be, and I like delivered this like really fierce monologue.
Speaker 5: Demanding their tension.
Speaker 1: Like being an adult woman in the industry and being like I've had enough of playing these parts.
Speaker 5: Totally give me something with death. I will not waste another minute.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm like, Kate, go drink your version paint.
Speaker 1: Colada also would do music videos with friends, a lot of music videos, and they were like mildly inappropriate, like he would bring all like these girls over and like they have to do.
Speaker 8: They volunteer. It was also like the you know Jackass kind of generation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 6: It was where we just like skate through the library and flip off the librarian.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I did that ship too.
Speaker 1: We had it.
Speaker 2: It was like when the Internet was coming out with this thing called Plan X, and it was it was a lot of that sort of jackass stuff before jack as you know, where we'd go into like a supermarket and just like jump on the fruit and people like what are you doing? Like yeah, and like run out, like okay.
Speaker 5: Were you guys in the same school.
Speaker 1: No, well, some of it East High which is like the big like kind of like yeah, Cooper High School, and I went to an arts nine in school.
Speaker 8: Well, we went to elementary school through middle school and then I had hoop dreams. You know, so didn't you neighboring local you know, basketball heavy school?
Speaker 2: You were a baller, but you know.
Speaker 8: It didn't go very far.
Speaker 6: I liked and I didn't play because I blew my knee out. But you know, like any fifteen year old kid I.
Speaker 2: Thought I had. You had asked Race, how tall are you? I'm six' three, okay, okay shooting. GUARD i had the skill MAYBE i. Could, yeah, yeah you.
Speaker 1: Did mess up your like skiing, right.
Speaker 8: SNOWBOARDING i blew my knee out WHEN i was. Fourteen, God i'm.
Speaker 2: Very young to blow your knee.
Speaker 5: Out how many times as kids did you go To Red?
Speaker 2: Rocks?
Speaker 1: What mostly as teenagers though to like to drug.
Speaker 8: Rugs we did parking a lot Of Red. ROCKS i would sometimes go up there and not go to the.
Speaker 1: Certain it's Pretty.
Speaker 2: Yeah were you guys close growing up? Tight you were tight.
Speaker 6: CLOSE i think we've grown, closer probably SINCE i don't. Know we were always very close when we were really, young and THEN.
Speaker 8: I don't, know we were close in high.
Speaker 2: School, YEAH i.
Speaker 1: Mean we had really different. Vibes LIKE i was in vibe and he was.
Speaker 8: In like the like running like the black, sheep the Black. Sheep but he was gotten a lot of, schedules getting.
Speaker 1: Into trouble with the law all the.
Speaker 11: Time i'll never forget when we were kids.
Speaker 4: And oliver got in trouble And paul goes to All, oliver, oh we got expelled from school and uh and for some reason it turned into like a family, meeting And oliver.
Speaker 2: Forget at one.
Speaker 5: Point paul was, like you couldn't rob a. Bank you, know you couldn't rob a. Bank your sister she could rob a. BANK i was, like leave me out of.
Speaker 2: THIS i am oh.
Speaker 5: GOD i think that was the same time that that he, said who are you gonna Call?
Speaker 2: Allie well that was that. One, Yeah, yeah guy got so. MUCH i was in trouble all the time, too by the, way and he's screaming at, me and he's fucking losing. It, hey when you're, older and then, no we're not here to protect. You and who are you gonna? Call who you gonna? Call and it was, quiet AND i just Go ghostbusters and in diffuse the whole.
Speaker 1: Thing wyatt's talked to me About, kurt and it sounds like a very similar, disposition like the same kind of like, lover like the biggest Like Doudy, bear but also like just like when you got in, trouble.
Speaker 4: We want in.
Speaker 8: Trouble, yeah, yeah tough.
Speaker 1: Dad he's a he's a tough.
Speaker 2: Guy he's like he's in all the right, ways meaning like it was a little, thing the big, things you, know he gets you, KNOW i shot out car windows with a bb gun by, accident my cousin's, car and and you, know it was nighttime AND i THOUGHT i was hitting the bottle THAT i set, up but it was actually going through the hedge and breaking every window in his BELOVED rx. Seven and he runs he's going to then he comes back into the. House he, goes oh my, god like someone stole my, radio and like he goes this whole thing about how someone robbed his. Car of course his radio was, there BUT i shot out all of his. Windows mom was fucking, furious and Paul cer was, Like, eh it's, bad but you know what you did? Wrong why AM I there's no reason to get. Angry you get. It you're not.
Speaker 6: Stupid, yeah he would have been, based but he was in a similar. Way he had like a bigger. Perspective it was, like you're not gonna go down like a dark path by shooting out.
Speaker 8: A you, KNOW bb window or.
Speaker 2: Whatever. Yeah, yeah do you still have that rebellious? Nature?
Speaker 8: NO i think you KNOW i GOT i continue to get in trouble after. That i'm not gonna lie a little. Bit but then LIKE, i you, know after college you. Chilled.
Speaker 6: YEAH i think that there was a point in COLLEGE i got in trouble and then it was like, okay you know when you're eighteen and you're like actually going to court and you're.
Speaker 8: LIKE i, mean it's like not a joke. Anymore not that it was a joke, before but it was like you could really see how things like go. SOUTH i don't, know it was like either focus on you. KNOW i think WHEN i got in college that was kind of a turning point.
Speaker 2: Of like a wake up call SOR i need to focus on.
Speaker 1: MOVIES i feel like it kind of had to happen because call was like as a, child as a kid, kid he was like the most, sweet the most like, easy like just like this like kind of like BECAUSE i was like this like scene stealer kind of kid attention, seeker And colin was just like very like easy going and accommodating and like the good. Kid and LIKE i think you kind of needed like, That like it was like an exercise in like, agency you, know, yeah like and then it went away and now you're like, GREAT i.
Speaker 4: Mean or you, know we just interviewed AN adhd. Expert maybe you just HAVE adhd and you're. Impulsive Uh, no it was A i don't.
Speaker 8: KNOW i feel bad for my parents in a long ways they did a.
Speaker 4: Great, Justine how did you handle it when he was doing all this? Stuff where did you like secretly enjoy his like him getting into trouble.
Speaker 2: Or were you did you feel like we get your shit? Together?
Speaker 1: Yeah, NO i don't think. Either, WEIRDLY i was kind of. NEUTRAL i mean some of this stuff, happened we were.
Speaker 4: LIKE i was.
Speaker 5: INDIFFERENT i didn't care about.
Speaker 1: HIM i felt like some of the like the high school STUFF i was there. For it was like, lightweight like Like i'm like everybody drinks in high, school like.
Speaker 8: Everybody.
Speaker 1: Like it wasn't like he was in huge trouble and it was more just.
Speaker 8: LIKE i just remember a party when the parents were oh my, god that was really.
Speaker 1: Bad threw a party with my. Parents we were on like a trip up to the mountains and calling like through a.
Speaker 8: PARTY i lost control of a party and it was LIKE i was the new. KID i had just transferred from our like art high, school AND i was, like, oh parents were out.
Speaker 1: Oftown everybody does this and like and then all the upper classmen came and just.
Speaker 8: Like started inviting people And i'd, LIKE i was, like you can't go on that half of the. House they're like.
Speaker 6: Funny and then one of my friends it was the first time like any of us had really drank at, all and he, yeah you, Know i'm, like he's like really.
Speaker 8: Drunk i'm, like oh my, god.
Speaker 5: It's like it's like an eighty's a.
Speaker 2: Movie.
Speaker 1: YEAH i, mean, Honestly i've always LIKE i feel like we've always just had a really good relationship and really advocated for each, other even if we weren't like as close as we are now or as close as we are when we were little little we always were like, tight SO i think we were always rooting for each, other AND i was more just LIKE i. HOPE i just remember being, LIKE i hope he's, okay you.
Speaker 4: Know and then when did you get Into? Colin when did you get into photography and like cinematography?
Speaker 8: FILM i THINK i like was drawn to it BECAUSE i.
Speaker 6: WAS i was when we started doing music videos and stuff With justine and my friends and The jackass. Videos it was like there was a point WHERE i was, Like i'm either going to go to see you with all my Friends.
Speaker 8: That's WHERE i went release have a great, time.
Speaker 6: Or i'm going to go you, know seek out like filmmaking In, California and that was kind of the turning point of Like i'm going to do.
Speaker 2: THIS i went to see you to go to the film clut school like stand, bracket AND i was, like who's this dude like putting moss on? Film like is this fucking? Cool i'll go To. Boulder AND i went To boulder went to the film, program which of COURSE i didn't do SHIP i left after two. Years you. KNOW i MEAN i would make my movies like that, day you. KNOW i remember there was one project that had to get turned in On super eight AND i was, like what the fuck AM i gonna? DO i just walked around filming, things you know. What and THEN i was, like, OH i gonna do. It just felt a stop sign for like a long. Time went to the editing. ROOM i cut up a billion different images of just like fat like pacing up To cruz and then just stop sign AND i and Then i'm, like it's, life, Man, like just get, stop, bro the film you ever? Made sometimes you just gotta fucking, stop. Man and THEN i left BECAUSE i gotta get out of. Here you're, like, damn.
Speaker 5: Oh, godness you want to be like a.
Speaker 1: Filmmaker and then because you're an actor, too.
Speaker 5: Did you mean that's HOW i make my.
Speaker 4: Living i'm very, famous an amazing, actor but he is an even more amazing.
Speaker 5: Writer, Wow oliver is an incredible.
Speaker 2: Right we just we just did THE adhd. GUY i told YOU i, am And i've said this, Before i'm for sure the most like innately just this rawly talented person in our. Family there's no doubt about. That like it's just about accessing it and believing in myself and not being get fed and not being overwhelmed or. Frustrated But i'm you, KNOW i might die being the most talented without having being, recognized without expressing.
Speaker 5: This someone will find your little video and it will be Very.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly that's the one that's going to show in memoriamp side video, exactly the topside.
Speaker 5: Video, justine what was your for?
Speaker 4: Me my first knowing you as an actress Was succession AND i remember watching BECAUSE i had met, you and THEN i was, like oh my, god It's mary's. Friend and was that really like your first like big part or was there something before that?
Speaker 1: That there was another part that was pretty, big but it was on a network that nobody. Saw it was like for this show By David kelly based off of A Stephen king novel Called Mister, mercedes And Brendan gleeson was in, it if you, know cool of course amazing and he it was just like, honestly it was LIKE i played his right hand man and it was a really great, experience but nobody ever saw. It it was on this thing called The Audience network that was like around for like two years and then kind of like, evaporated so like he never saw, it but it was me BECAUSE i just got to like be with this guy who's so. Incredible he was such an incredible actor and such a great, teacher AND i didn't have to have the pressure of people watching it in any. Way AND i did three seasons of that and that he was called Mister, Mercedes and, yeah it was like based off of A Stephen king book about like this detective and this Girl, holly Who Stephen king is still like writing all of his books currently about. Her she's like a girl who's on the spectrum who's like a like incredibly smart and was kind of like his like right.
Speaker 2: Hand who is the actor you work?
Speaker 1: With it Was Brendan. Glees oh, Cool, yeah it was a ass like Mary Leise parker was on it for a little, while like it was it was. Great it was just, yeah nobody saw.
Speaker 2: It where is it? Now where does it? Sit it's On.
Speaker 1: PEACOCK i think now it's On peacock AND i think it might have moved To. Amazon it's, like you, know all these things they just like get like bought passed around and you're.
Speaker 2: LIKE i don't.
Speaker 5: Search they're like now it's On. Netflix so Then succession and After, succession did you feel like you got?
Speaker 4: Recognized, Yeah LIKE i would just assume that because people love that show that you were that was the first time you really felt like people would be, like oh.
Speaker 11: Yeah there was a lot of love for that.
Speaker 1: Show AND i think that it's funny because LIKE i feel like with even nobody wants to you, know it's a big, viewership but like people don't like stop you in the same way like On. SUCCESSION i think that it was such an like it had such a clout wlout and there was like such there was like even la people would be like kind of like geeky about. It so it was it was fun AND i got like a NICE i was like in a nice place WHERE i wasn't like the lead of, it and SO i got like a sweet dose of like Whatever Nick brawn or Like Sarah snook was. Getting and it wasn't like anything WHERE i was, like oh this is annoying or too much or any of. That it was just kind of like a sweet kind of, record like an amazing.
Speaker 2: Show it's one of my.
Speaker 1: Favorites he felt LIKE i was in it and not in it enough THAT i could like be biased about being a fan as. Well LIKE i was like separated enough from it THAT i was, like, oh this is an amazing show AND i can objectively like watch it as someone who's what.
Speaker 2: Was the working experience like on succession with Like armstrong and then all the actors and you, know of course you Got jeremy who's like a you, know a method. Guy i'm In. KIEREN i, mean was it was it? Light was it? Fun was it? Intense?
Speaker 1: NO i feel LIKE i feel LIKE i, mean first of, All Jesse armstrong is like kind of like a dream person because he's just like this, genius but he's like this, sweet sweet genius who's like not at, All like he just sets the tone of like this is like a nice, set like this is like the. Place and Then snook And kieran and like you, know the main, cast they're all like. That none of them were like their characters at. All they're very like light and like you, know is like the kind of girls like in a cap and like TIED i sweatpants when she's not like she's Like. Shiv And matthew was like sweet and, dreamy AND i think the only one who was like super serious throughout the whole thing was, like you, know admittedly and Notoriously jeremy yeah, own but you know it didn't like affect the vibe for.
Speaker 4: Me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Ah matthew McFadden As darcy was like was like defining for. Me LIKE i remember Watching pride And prejudice that particular. ONE i was, like this man is SO i was JUST i was mesrized by. Him and then to see him get older and the work that he's, done like he might be one of my favorite.
Speaker 1: Actors he's an Incredible we would go to table reads and it would be like he would just turn out some stuff we'd get the, night like the script the night before he'd come in he'd do a table read And i'd be, like you're, channeling like you're touched by, something because it Was he's just. Unreal and, yes he was like the most like, strapping like, hot like, sexy like brooding guy and in this he is like so not that. Guy he's just he's a. Chameleon he's he really. Is he's so.
Speaker 4: PHENOMENAL i people who have that ability are so inspiring to, me you, know like watching his, work he's so.
Speaker 2: Great i'm EXCITED i came, IN i came in. Late was about.
Speaker 4: ME i wonder like on that show that must have felt like, that like some of those scenes because you got to sort of like be quiet and, observant like a huge part of your characters observing the world.
Speaker 5: And not you know that that you actually got to really.
Speaker 2: Watch you, know.
Speaker 5: Them at like.
Speaker 4: Work, yeah you, KNOW i would, think AND i you, know it's always my favorite thing about what we do when you can actually have. Opportunities it's one thing when you have to be like actively with them the whole. Time it's another thing when you actually get to watch the things. Happen LIKE i felt that way In Glass. ONION i LIKE i remember this time that you, know everybody had these moments AND i just got to watch all these amazing actors to like go there and and have their like shining, moments and you're.
Speaker 5: Just, like, GOD i, mean we're so. Lucky this is such A it's so fucking.
Speaker 1: Fun it was like the ultimate treat being on that show because, that like you, said a lot of my part was Like i'm like a fly on the wall AND i got to watch like some insane like there was one scene on the yacht In croatia where we're like all around like a table and they're. Deciding, god it's like so it's so long, ago but they were making this like huge decision in season. Two the end of season, two it was like the last episode and it was like everybody around this table AND i THINK i had like three lines Where i'm like just like, interjecting and then the rest of it was me just watching these like huge. Takes same with the, FUNERAL i like got like watched this like epic, take AND i JUST i had that experience of just being like the mountaintop of watching people act with like the most incredible, material and it was it WAS i was never like it. Never it never got lost on, me like it. NEVER i never got like jaded or used to being around that.
Speaker 2: Level that's so. Exciting, yeah material, material it's you, know it's when you get that good. Stuff that's why that's WHY i haven't broke, out just so everyone knows it's this. Material.
Speaker 4: Colin when when you what kind of cinematography do you? Do like where do you travel and like what's YOUR a lot.
Speaker 6: Of sports documentary travel sometimes not much, lately a lot of.
Speaker 2: Local, uh the sports stuff.
Speaker 6: We did The fight For glory documentary about The World. SERIES i don't know if you're a baseball fan.
Speaker 2: That just came.
Speaker 8: You shot That kim, Up, yeah, YEAH i should watch.
Speaker 1: It it's On, apple is It? Apple?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Apple, yeah it's so.
Speaker 8: Good. Yeah into The lakers The. DODGERS i want to say that pretty Uneventful World. SERIES i think they did a pretty good job making it the, stakes.
Speaker 2: You, know, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Yeah, well and you're in the documentary filmmaking, world you, know you have to almost, hope especially in the sports. World it's like praying for those. MOMENTS i, mean even talking with The, masters When rory was up for at the turn at, Ten you're, Like, Okay i'm, like, FUCK i wanted This Dishambeau rory. Showdown everyone wanted. It he doubles. One you're just kind of, like, oh, no is this where it's? Going and then it just.
Speaker 8: FLIPPED i watched.
Speaker 6: Golfing i'm like sitting here, nodding like how CAN I he's, like, Yeah you're, like what does this have to do with?
Speaker 4: CINEMATOGRAPHY i always say documentary, filmmaking especially the cinematography it, is is the hardest because it's like how to make sort of stationary interviews interesting like what you're it changes the way the documentary. Looks like to, me that's the most important part of the, documentary you, know other than like footage that's old footage and put direct and cutting it.
Speaker 2: Together, yeah it kind of depends too on what docum mas. Human if you're doing Like love Is, blind you, know that's one.
Speaker 8: Documentaryation.
Speaker 2: Island who doesn't Love love Is?
Speaker 6: Blind you show up to a place and, like and you don't know what it's going to look like a lot of times and you'll have like you, know sometimes you'll get a sweet spot of like amazing shot and something amazing happens on, camera but most time you get an amazing shot and they.
Speaker 8: Never use it because.
Speaker 2: Going.
Speaker 8: On so it's a lot of you, know a lot of that where you're.
Speaker 2: Like, DANG i wish that was what's the dream, Colin, like what's what's the pinnacle for?
Speaker 6: You you, KNOW i would love to you, know move more into narrative, stuff, uh, photography directing things like, that but, yeah that's probably the.
Speaker 8: Pinnacle when an oscar for you, know.
Speaker 2: There you, well your sister doesn't seem to be hooking you. UP i know that ceeling.
Speaker 5: Now. Justine nobody wants. This everybody loves the. Show it is so much.
Speaker 4: Fun i'm, biased even THOUGH i don't have to be biased because it's great because you, Know aaron And sarah, create you, know created AN.
Speaker 5: Ep did you even like feel like you were Playing sarah or did you?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: She but it's LIKE i don't. KNOW i mean it's not Exactly sarah, obviously Like morgan is like much more like, SLOPPY i would, say less like postured and like. Clean BUT i also, did like definitely like the way THAT i like get into How morgan talks is by like listening to their. Podcast WHEN i was testing for the, PILOT i like went to Her instagram and like, scavenge like what is her like?
Speaker 5: Look like what is her?
Speaker 1: Look and like dressed like? Her AND i definitely, like, YEAH i definitely drew From.
Speaker 2: SARAH i haven't seen it, yet BUT i have. TO i have to watch.
Speaker 1: It watch you watch it in no. Time it's like it goes so fast and it's a.
Speaker 5: Binger, yeah it's like light and fun and like and.
Speaker 1: Easy it's an easy.
Speaker 6: Watch, honestly it's great because it's like all this, time just scene's been playing these like either when she was younger she was like the you, know bimbo bon.
Speaker 8: Blonde kind of, thing or, like you, Know, succession this is the first.
Speaker 6: TIME i think it's a role where she's actually leaning into her, comedy which as someone who knows.
Speaker 8: Her very well Because i'm her, brother.
Speaker 6: And, Like i'm very happy that like finally someone is seeing it and letting her like kind of, like, HONESTLY i DON'T i don't know, why but it took a very long time for anybody to notice.
Speaker 8: Or let you do it.
Speaker 5: Well it's hard to be. Funny ALTHOUGH i have to SAY i thought YOU i THOUGHT i felt the funny In.
Speaker 4: Succession as far As i'm, Concerned you're you're you, know it's like you, know we, say like you get to be.
Speaker 5: Observant you only have three. Lines but what you did in.
Speaker 4: That show was fucking. Awesome you were you were amazing and and. Hilarious thank you and your guys.
Speaker 5: Dynamic as a couple was just the fucking. BEST i Love, Alan.
Speaker 1: He's he was so.
Speaker 4: Great he's so.
Speaker 1: Good it's it's nuts how good he. Is He's like there's stuff THAT i would read on the page and be, like, well good luck selling, that and then you'd be like what the, Fuck like he acts like it's just like. Came it just comes out of, him like it was like living inside of him for like. Years you, know he's just so. Talented but thank, YOU i mean and thank.
Speaker 8: YOU i feelink it's more.
Speaker 1: GOOFY i feel like. THIS i feel like this part is there's a little more. Goof there's a little more goof Than i've. Gotten maybe that's.
Speaker 5: Yeah it's more you can.
Speaker 4: Be you're more, physical and it's like, yeah, yeah and and and funny is, Hard LIKE i think there's sort of thing that, though you, know to be funny is easy and, light but it's actually like to have the timing to be able to do the things that you're doing is really.
Speaker 5: Challenging you, know you have to have a certain kind of brain to figure that.
Speaker 1: Out you, know you definitely got. THAT i got to just say, this like you are just like literally one of my, Favorites like you have this kind of effervescent glow that is just like, unmatchable and you're so, funny and it's like it's you really do prove. That like, beautiful beautiful women can be like ridiculously, Funny LIKE i just think about how to lose a guy in ten, days Which i'm sure like, people.
Speaker 4: It's.
Speaker 1: Insane or what was the other?
Speaker 8: One you were just, talking well's gold or go To oh?
Speaker 1: Thanks so you just ride this line of like charm and goof and like it's just it's like your singular in that, Way.
Speaker 5: Oh, thanks.
Speaker 1: Babe it's LIKE i had to go on like A kate rant because it.
Speaker 4: Makes me feel it makes me feel. Good so season two any, spoilers are you allowed to say?
Speaker 5: ANYTHING i don't think.
Speaker 1: SO i, mean, NO i don't think. SO i think IT'S i, mean it's gonna be. FUN i think it's. MORE i mean it feels like there's you, know it's a different it's a different it's different a little bit because there's only so long you can sustain the like heat of the will they won't? They and they're DOING i think they're doing a really great job of. That AND i, HOPE i hope it is. GREAT i hope it's. Good with this that many eyes on, it it's just Like, GOD i hope it's.
Speaker 2: Good you, KNOW i, know highlighting lines before you came on this, PODCAST i saw a highlighter in your.
Speaker 1: HAND i, know it's great right in. Here my brain is so slow right now THAT i really do have to like spend more. TIME i, Mean i've always like worked on, stuff but this Time i'm like really having to work on things because my brain just feels like.
Speaker 10: Mush are you still?
Speaker 1: BREASTFEEDING i just, weaned like, Literally and SO i think part of it, too is they say, that like the weaning hormones are like a, thing.
Speaker 4: So it is a.
Speaker 2: Thing how's she doing with?
Speaker 8: It?
Speaker 5: Fine, yeah she was like.
Speaker 1: Kind of part of the reason we started weaning was LIKE i was going to work and she was eating off a bottle so much Because i'm at work THAT i think she just became more excited about the, bottle which was like kind of devastating but also so nice to get rid of all the things. AROUND i love, breastfeeding BUT i hate humping so.
Speaker 2: Much the worst eat eat eat all.
Speaker 7: Of my.
Speaker 2: KIDS i Mean i've heard that eight months for. Years by eight.
Speaker 5: Months they were they were over.
Speaker 4: IT i kind, of, yeah they were just sort of like the process of breastfeeding into food into bottle and breastfeed and then nighttime feed and then it just they just sort of like by eight months are kind of like over.
Speaker 1: It, yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Colin how are you just checking?
Speaker 8: In?
Speaker 2: Colin how are your? Breasts, okay they're. Good and how are your hormones they're? Wrong, yeah they're, good they're. Good are you, married by the, Way, no, girl, Girlfriend.
Speaker 8: I'm buried in love.
Speaker 2: With. Yeah are you.
Speaker 8: MAYBE i keep? You?
Speaker 2: YEAH i?
Speaker 8: Do you? Do?
Speaker 2: Intend?
Speaker 5: Okay are your parents In? La? Now are they still In? Denver they're both In?
Speaker 1: Denver and my dad's actually like literally packing up the house, slowly like, literally he's like packed up his whole house with no.
Speaker 8: Plans But i'm.
Speaker 1: Moving we don't know where or, what LIKE i.
Speaker 5: Think, REALLY i think.
Speaker 1: Here but he's just like it's so. Funny he's so. Funny he's like literally excavated the whole the whole house is packed, up but he doesn't.
Speaker 8: Have they painted. It he just hates the.
Speaker 5: Cold and so they're no longer. Together, no how long.
Speaker 1: Since probably like fifteen years, now since our early, twenties my early, twenties probably.
Speaker 2: Eight that's interesting and we're coming to the end. Here but now it's, like how is that in your twenties when your parents. SPLIT i mean that's it's like you're kind of your, adults you.
Speaker 8: Know LIKE i don't know how uncommon.
Speaker 2: That LIKE i was.
Speaker 6: Going to, college like it was probably my first or second year of, college AND i, think you, know we were kind of the reason they stayed.
Speaker 2: Together a lot of, IT i, Think, SO i don't, know this is like a HEAVY.
Speaker 6: I think a lot of people like they were such good, parents like amazing parents all the way across the, board AND i think so good that they focused on us maybe more than themselves and like interesting, GONE i think MAYBE i think my mom had.
Speaker 1: And it created like it was like tough on.
Speaker 2: Her yeah, right, yeah it was like now.
Speaker 8: They couldn't you, know deflect the maybe yeah a.
Speaker 2: While that's just. REAL i would assume you, know where you have just so much distraction and you're raising kids and everyone's, gone it's like, okay it's just.
Speaker 6: Us, yeah, yeah you, know active parents there for us all the. Time so it was, like, yeah that's so.
Speaker 4: Great it's like the real sacrifice of like all, right you, know we're going to raise great kids and then we'll and then we'll figure this.
Speaker 2: Out.
Speaker 1: YEAH i do think though that it's like a good lesson in terms of like even with, Us i'm, like, okay so now we know that we have to like prioritize our RELATIONSHIP a billion apparents like that that like will only help and that you want to like keep that bond really intact through the whole.
Speaker 2: THING i think it's crazy. Important and you, Know aaron AND i did. That we've been together for twenty five years. Now but you, know through, kids we never we loved our. Kids we were never precious about them in the sense that we needed to put, ourselves you, know not, first but almost pretty. Close you, know if you're looking at it like a, pyramid you, know the top of the pyramid is you as an, individual and then it's almost a, couple and then the. Kids because that trickle down is real.
Speaker 1: Thing IT'S i can't imagine it hurts to like have your kids like seeing your parents like you, know be affectionate with each other and see them making time for themselves and like Going my parents like never took a, vacation never had a, baby we didn't have a, babysitter we didn't have a. Nanny like it's it, was they never took.
Speaker 2: Time oh, yeah we we would go on. Vacation we, aren't AND i would go here or go, there go to hotel, rooms and it was they'd get. You they got used to. It it was, Like, okay they'd come back and they still love, us so we're. Not it's not crazy when they. Leave, YEAH i.
Speaker 6: Think they worked away from a lot of their very close friends when they came To colorado From New.
Speaker 8: York so.
Speaker 1: A family.
Speaker 4: Unit and you guys laugh and they're, like, well Now dad's gonna be bringing a bunch Of.
Speaker 5: Dad's bringing all his like his suitcases to.
Speaker 8: Mar i'm moving. Coming it's a.
Speaker 5: Long time to be in the cold if you don't like the.
Speaker 1: Cold, yeah and he doesn't use the. Heat so we call him on. FACE i mean he's literally in Like parka's in the middle.
Speaker 2: Inshe that's really, funny.
Speaker 1: That's what.
Speaker 5: On, yeah there's like a scarf.
Speaker 8: On and his.
Speaker 2: Really. Funny, yeah it's pretty.
Speaker 4: Wild so we don't have a speed, round but we do do usually do this thing at the end of each podcast where we ask each sibling to tell the other sibling two.
Speaker 5: Things there's there's two parts to this.
Speaker 4: Question one is is what would you like to alleviate from your sibling that would make, them you feel, like would make their life.
Speaker 2: Just that much.
Speaker 4: Better and then the other thing is is what is the thing that you would want to emulate that your sibling has that you wish you had a little bit more?
Speaker 1: OF WHOA i WISH i should have prepared for, That, OKAY i WISH i could relieve you of your imposter. Syndrome like what kind of What allie was saying, Earlier LIKE i just feel Like colin is incredibly talented and incredibly friendly and kind and like, skilled and everybody loves, him but he HAS i, think like a hard time like owning his worth in a space and knowing how valuable you. Are AND i think that the THING i would love to emulate is just how like easeful you. Are Like colin's got like he doesn't get like he does like it's he's like the kind of person LIKE i always have this like voice in my, Head LIKE i remember there was a time where we were running really he was living In Orange county And we're like running late to the, airport AND i was like freaking, out LIKE i, Like i'm like neurotic and a little bit like, this and AND i was like we're we're. Late we're, late and he was just Like, Jesse it's gonna be. Fine and that's like the, way like the way he says, that Like, Jesse like it's just that's his whole thing Is he's just like chill and like not like. Alarmist AND i think that's probably why he got caught so many. Times vibe to him where he's just easy and easeful and, easy like just like it's so cool And i've always wanted it ever SINCE i was a. KID i really.
Speaker 2: Cool he's like jail.
Speaker 8: Shmail, okay what DO I i THINK i would like to leave? You you, know a little neurosis or. Anxiety this is just gonna be the opposite of what she.
Speaker 6: Does you, KNOW i Think steem worries a little bit about certain things WHERE i think she, could you, know take a step back and just enjoy situations a little. BIT i, mean, yeah you, know you're an amazing person and you are, confident and that's which WHAT i WISH i could take away from you a little bit more is your ability to walk into a room and you, know feel comfortable with yourself at any.
Speaker 8: POINT i envy that a.
Speaker 1: Lot, Yaya.
Speaker 4: And then can't wait for season two and can't wait to see the. Documentary, yeah, yeah, Fun, yeah this is.
Speaker 8: Such a cool. Idea just even told me about the podcast AND i was, like this is. Awesome it's.
Speaker 1: Cool it's.
Speaker 4: Fun we have so much fun because we it's it's, like it's also SUCH i, mean we do different, things but it's just like people kind of you, know our audience knows certain certain people from their work or from you, know where they get their, fame but you get a completely different point of view on them when they're sibling is a part of, it and like what the dynamic is and and and what their family life was.
Speaker 5: Like and also you realize like how similar everybody is.
Speaker 2: Really there's so much a lot of. Interconnectivity, YEAH i love that so.
Speaker 5: Great, well thank you for coming, on AND i hope we see you. SOON i. Know thank you, Guys and we'll just have to like make a movie happen with, me you And mary.
Speaker 1: All you gotta get in.
Speaker 2: There i'll be in. It look you, Guys i'm telling You i'm a fucking amazing. Actor people don't get it yet because you can. Yet god damn. It i've got A netflix movie coming out it's gonna be. Incredible everyone, go.
Speaker 1: Let's do something.
Speaker 2: Together, YES I i can.
Speaker 5: Direct it can be THE dp we used to be a family.
Speaker 2: Affair i'm gonna be in the fucking. Movie i'm gonna be an actor in.
Speaker 8: It thanks so, much all you guys.
Speaker 10: So.
Speaker 4: SWEET i LOVE i love, her she's so. SET i forgot about that. Story do you remember that?
Speaker 2: Now, yeah of, Course oh my, god that was the best her getting that was so.
Speaker 5: Funny well that was FUN i love you, ALL i love.
Speaker 2: IT i gotta go