Speaker 1: Yeah, I was donkey up to today's time.
Speaker 2: Damn he hogged it's time for Donkey of the day. I meant trying to beat donkey today.
Speaker 1: No more.
Speaker 3: They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making new people do these days.
Speaker 4: Called donkey of the day, and it really caught me off guard. Damn so iman, who got the donkey of the day today?
Speaker 3: Well, donkey today for Wednesday June twelfth? Oh, dropping the clues bonds for little Dowater Today is little Duball born Day, Happy born day, little gooball happy very say boy Yes, Wednesday, June twelfth. It goes to a California school teacher named Wendy Munson. Now Wendy was arrested in October of twenty twenty three after a staff member saw something and said something. See this staff member believed that Wendy Munson was teaching class drunk, and she was correct. Can we flash back to the original news report from October twenty twenty three. Let's go to CBS News Sacramento.
Speaker 5: Sucking great teacher is behind bars. The Cutter County Shares Office said deputies responded Monday morning to Astro Elementary school and Live Oak, and a letter to parents. The superintendent revealed staff reported concerns to administrators. Deputies say the teachers showed signs and symptoms of being under the influence months and students shared the moment class took a turn.
Speaker 1: She was nice to me, to the whole class, but she had to stop with the lessons.
Speaker 5: Monson faces charges including drunk driving after video footage showed her driving to school, also child endangerment for reportedly being drunk while teaching her second graders. I ate parents took their questions and concerns directly to the school. The principal did tell me that she was five years sober.
Speaker 1: Whether that's true or not, I don't know.
Speaker 5: But I also heard that there was a recent DUI arrested.
Speaker 3: Oh man, let me tell you something, man. I Hey, a lot of kids, including my own, complain about teachers, not in the way that we complained about teachers, and the way that I believe Brandy complains about Raj, Well, the way we all complained about Raj. You know what I mean when I say that, right, you know, well intentioned, hought the right place, good people. But something's not quite right. I've been told by kids that you hear teachers complaining about the low payday get, which I understand, but I think that's one of the issues because, you know, being a teacher nowadays, especially in public school, is truly a public service because you're not doing it for the money. It's something that most people do for the love, because they damn sure not doing it for the pay.
Speaker 2: Now you have some public.
Speaker 3: School teachers who feel like, you know, feel like that, But then you have some teachers who mentally and emotionally, probably just on fitt to teach. Wendy Munson coming to work drunk early in the morning. She's clearly dealing with something. She clearly has some sort of addiction. And I think sometimes we forget we are the new adults. Okay, I was born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight. I'll be forty six on June twenty ninth. I am fully grown, being fully grown. But we the neew everything. We the new pastors, the new teachers, the new doctors, and we.
Speaker 2: All shouldn't be but here we are.
Speaker 3: And if it's one thing that this era, you know, if it's one thing that this era we are in has shown us, is that there's absolutely zero consequences to people's actions nowadays. See, Wendy was arrested for DUI and she was teaching class drunk, but she will not face any charges because apparently teaching wild drunk is not illegal. Let's go back to CBS News Sacramento for the report.
Speaker 6: Please, it is not illegal to teach striving The shocking discovery after a month's long investigation into Sutter County's second grade teacher Wendy Munson, who was arrested last October for driving drunk in child endangerment. There was the possibility that she drank after she arrived at the school.
Speaker 7: That's why District Attorney Jennifer Duprey couldn't file any charges, even though investigators say the teacher was on the job with the blood alcohol content level two times the legal limit.
Speaker 6: I certainly don't support anyone teaching children drunk, but I can't charge some criminally.
Speaker 7: Duprey says there is also inconsistency in the law for child endangerment, saying it's a matter of proving the teacher would in danger versus may endanger the children.
Speaker 3: Jesus not coming back, y'all?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 3: Would he? He made that stake already. He told his dad, Nah, nah, that's a bad batch down there, and nothing we can do about that one. Nothing mad is because nothing maddens. That should be the world's creed. Nowadays, teaching while drunk is not illegal. It is perfectly legal for adults to be watching over elementary school kids while under the influence. Well damn it, honey, Biden, you found your next act. Okay, you can smoke all the crack you on, drink your liquor. Hell, bring your gun. I ain't nobody cares anymore. If it's not illegal to teach while drunk, then a might as well be legal to buy a gun while under the influence too. But let me stay out of those white folks business. They spend months investigating Wendy Munson but could not file any criminal charges, simply because they believe she drove the school drunk but couldn't prove it, And though they don't support a teacher teaching while drunk, they can't charge her criminally. Parents rightfully so concerned about what type of precedent this sets that teachers can be intoxicated while in the classroom, Well it's gonna set the precedent of second gradest knowing what Don Julio and dou say is before they know addition, subtraction, and multiplication. Those kids those bottles in their house, Now they're gonna see him at school. Might as well have open bolls for teachers. At this point, kids got recess, teachers got happy hour. America, through all its flaws, used to be a proper country. Okay, everyone is just so morally bankrupt now that nothing matters. Because nothing matters, I would think that if you show up to most jobs intoxicated except for this one, especially as a school teacher, then that's a fireable offense. Most schools are drugging alcohol free zones in this elementary school, Neustro Elementary. I believe it is states that for violators of this the boards shall require termination when termination is required by law. So why isn't Wendy Munson fired? Also, if you're drunk around kids, aren't you endangering them? Well, according to what I'm reading, there is in consistencies in that too, because it's a matter of proving the teacher would endanger versus may endanger the children. They couldn't prove that our intoxication would endanger them. That sounds like somebody drunk, wrote that I would think teachers would be held to a higher standard, but not in twenty twenty four. Why say it with me because nothing matters. Because nothing matters. Please give Wendy Munson the sweeps outs and the Hamiltons.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you are the dog of the day, the dog all the day.
Speaker 3: Ye can you believe that? No?
Speaker 2: I can't believe that. But I ain't gonna lie. I say, depending on the grade, I would come in there drunk.
Speaker 4: Cereal, these kids these days, it's not gonna be like a dysfunctional drunk, but I'm night have to take a little shot loosing up walking in, take the edge off, you know what I'm saying. Like, if it's like not second grade, now come on, girl, but high school?
Speaker 2: Shut up?
Speaker 4: No, like middle school? High school? All right, yeah, because they might come in there drunk too, the students. But I'm just saying not elementary. But yo, the kids these days are at the hook.
Speaker 2: So I'm had to come in there and how drunk.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad you chosemedy and radio and media as opposed to, you know, being a teacher, and.
Speaker 2: I didn't choose it, chose me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can come to those places dunk and you've been over there choking for the past three minutes.
Speaker 2: I know, and I didn't know what wrong. You ain't even excuse me, he said, hold up, donkey, what's going on? You good Jess.
Speaker 3: You was just like, yeah, well I ain't. I ain't see you turn the green. I peeked over there and you were still looking like you're breathing, So I thought you was cool. I was just thinking, how would I do the heimlic with your pregnant belly.
Speaker 1: No, there's no way that you could.
Speaker 4: But you did say Jesus made a mistake, and he don't make mistakes, so why would you say that?
Speaker 2: Said his first He made mistakes the first time? Coming back?
Speaker 3: Listen, listen, we've all made a bad batch of something, okay. Oh, God has created a lot of things in all of these different universes. You ain't gonna tell me you ain't a bad batch. Hell on Earth.
Speaker 2: I don't care what you know.
Speaker 4: They become bad when they when they grow up, you know, while they're growing depending on what they see.
Speaker 3: A bad batch is a bad batch. Eventually, you got to throw it out. This ain't even his first This ain't even his first time trying with us. Okay, alright, you're gonna try a lot of different things on this planet.
Speaker 2: All right, this one ain't working either, alright.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for that, Donkey to day