Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, we came to slay get into that I liked. So I'm feeling like a little nostalgia because you know, we're two years almost in like what a couple of weeks, right.
Speaker 2: It feels just yesterday we were doing more one year anniversary with cupcakes with our face on it and everything. I can't believe it's been two years.
Speaker 1: I know we have to decide, we have to figure out what we're gonna do. But I know one thing we're gonna do. We're going to be you guys will see some different visuals soon, and we're gonna be switching days. So typically the podcast comes out on Tuesday morning.
Speaker 2: Right, get correct, And so.
Speaker 1: We're going to be switching to Wednesday morning.
Speaker 2: Brian Ambition Wednesday. Hashtag Broan Ambition Wednesday. We are telling you guys now, so you can't tell us you didn't know what's happening in the world. This is going to be taking place the week of September thirteenth, I believe so in a couple with two three more weeks. Officially Brian Ambition, hitting your podcast, hitting your iPhone, your smartphone in the morning on Wednesday, just one just one day later, day later. Why, because we're the bosses and we decide.
Speaker 1: A little things up. I feel like we haven't had like a regular show in so long.
Speaker 2: It's been two weeks.
Speaker 1: It's been so long.
Speaker 2: It's always nice to get back in the groove.
Speaker 1: Yes, especially so do you You know you said you don't watch Game of Thrones? Right?
Speaker 2: Excuse me? You do dust fish, swim and water.
Speaker 1: It's my life something crazy, But I mean, I don't watch. I'm not gonna know what any is.
Speaker 2: You see the same thing last episode. It's such a tease because I was like, wait, she asked me the same thing, and I was like, yes, I do, and You're like, well, I don't watch it.
Speaker 1: Because I'm like everybody was like, oh my god, game what throws? I can't believe that happened. So I kind of want to know what the thing was, even though I don't know what the words mean.
Speaker 2: Well, you need to do the work. Do you have seventy five hours of life? Because you need to go back from the beginning and watch every episode and catch up. Yeah, I mean, it was a season. It was a season finale, and it was a pretty It wasn't as stressful, I'll say as a penultimate episode. I would would not be surprised if I had a noise complaint from my neighbors, because I was like that squealing and like screaming and stuff. It's highly stressful. It's so stressful that because they're like, at this point in the season, this isn't spoiling anything for you if you ever decide to watch it, but like everybody dies, and so by the end of it, like we are really down to the final fhaves, like these are the people you really care about, and at any minute one of them could die, and it is just ridiculous how much of a like, how much stress and how much anxiety you get from it. I'm actually kind of I'm relieved that it's over for the season because I can't take it anymore. I really can't. It messes me all up.
Speaker 1: Well, I was like what because I just heard so many people say, oh my god, I gave my throat and I'm like, what, what what? My best friend Ranna was like, girl, you don't even watch. I'm like, I know, but it seems like everybody's ribs up and I just want to see.
Speaker 2: You're just peeking over the fence. You're like, I'm gonna sit at the cool table. But what ch'all got going on over there? I heard' got good? Snacks?
Speaker 1: EXACTLY i want some.
Speaker 2: Snacks, no you made your. Choice oh my.
Speaker 1: Gosh, ooh so have you ever been to a dinner dinner En.
Speaker 2: BLANC i don't know what is.
Speaker 1: That it's one of those. DINNERS i think it started In, paris but now it's all around the world where LIKE i gut racist a white. Dinner, well everybody wears all.
Speaker 2: White thanksgiving up my mom's, house she makes you wear all. White notice everyone is. White oh, well.
Speaker 1: Everybody wears all. White but, Anyway newark. Had it's not a dinner on block because you have to LIKE i, guess it's almost Like ted And TED x and we were, like, no we're just gonna Have. Newark so this is the second year and it was so much fun this. Weekend oh my. Gosh, oh so you were all.
Speaker 2: White but then it's, like WHEN i think of, THAT i think About Puff daddy's.
Speaker 1: Party, well, NO i, mean, well the En bloc one is very. Flency from What i've. Heard you have to bring even your own tables and, chairs and they tell you what size your tables and. Chairs have to. Be it's not.
Speaker 2: Crazy, wait how is that? Fancy when you got to bring your own tables and? Chairs my dad's, NO i don't look.
Speaker 1: OUT i know, Right, NO i don't. Know, HONESTLY i don't get. It BUT i heard they're really like. Dope BUT i was, like, Whatever So newark hosts its Own newark under The stars and we get to wear all oh sounds of the. City you hear the, sirens and so we get to wear all. White and it was their second year and it was just so much. Fun THE dj was, awesome after, Beats caribbean, music just all kinds of. Music very little millennial, music WHICH i was, like, yes.
Speaker 2: Wait wait what millennial music as a?
Speaker 1: Genre well that's WHAT i just, call, like you, know the new rap Where i'm, LIKE i don't really understand any of these words or why this music is. Popping so a new, Rap i'm, like give me my, old my old school GENERATION x. Music it was just such a good time and it WAS i would say a few Hundred it seemed like a few hundred. People it was. Huge if you guys want to take a look at some of the, pics if you go to Hashtag newark under the. Stars but it was such a good time and it was just nice to See newark in a different. Light you. Know it was like no, trouble no, fiday no, fussing no, nothing just good food because so you bar, yeah well you bring your own. Food they do sell like, liquor so you can buy like wine by the, bottle and then you bring your own table, settings so everyone like kind of.
Speaker 2: Like like a picnic.
Speaker 1: Style, Yeah and, honestly it's really a lot of fun because you get to really express yourself through your table. Settings so some people go all out and then people like had simple table settings and some people just it's just, honestly was just a really good.
Speaker 2: Time oh, Here i'm looking On. Facebook there was one on uh In New YORK. Dc so it seems like every city has like a DINNER i didn't. HEAR i didn't know about. This is it like supposed to Be is it like secret not?
Speaker 1: Secret, yeah so you're supposed to like the way you have the way dinner On blanc, Works so it's like not just everybody could, come like IT'S i don't, know you have to like sign. Up the waiting listens like two. Years did you get a secret email about the secret email about another secret, email And i'm, like or you can just buy tickets To NewYork under The.
Speaker 2: Stars oh So New york under The stars is like it's, like.
Speaker 3: Uh it was like, hey right link and oh.
Speaker 2: AND i see you at.
Speaker 1: EXACTLY i, mean what was cute about it is that like like half an hour hour, Beforehand i'll let you know what the location. Is so the location is secret until like the last.
Speaker 2: Minute oh hm hmmmterest. Thing that's, Fun yeah it. IS i had the craziest this is thirty day. Yesterday what happened was it's like everybody and their mother decided to plan all their events on the last weekend Of august because they're, like, Oh Labor day is coming. Up you, KNOW i just got SO i had three things yesterday and they were all, like don't you hate it when it's all a list of, Things, like you really. Can't this doesn't happen to me all that. Often but in the early, afternoon my, cousin my new, Cousin, michelle had a bridal shower THAT i had to go, to had to go to love. Her and immediately after, that my husband was becoming a godfather at his cousin's daughter's, baptism so obviously had to go to. That but that was like happening in the middle of the bridal. Shower and then my best, friend one of my best, friends had a baby shower in the middle of the bridal. Shower SO i was, LIKE i needed her Minde granger's time turn or if you watch, her like, SERIOUSLY i MEAN I i and like we were talking a little bit earlier about what it's like when you when you have to like stack events and you have to divide your attention between all this stuff and you're running around like a mad, person like and you want to give LIKE i really wanted to give everyone one hundred percent of my attention and like my time on my. Focus BUT i was sitting there AND i was, Like, okay it's two. Fifteen IF i leave, NOW i have fifteen. MINUTES i can get, THERE i can find. Parking that's. Cool, okay baby was, baptized she got the water on the. Head CAN i leave now as a? Priest? Done, okay there's four more, kids But i'm just gonna sneak out the, back like and by the TIME i got AND i was doing pretty good until because all the two first events for one was in the Was Washington. Heights the second one was an upper west, side so that wasn't so. Bad but THEN i had to go To jersey ough like get back across the, bridge go To North, jersey and of, course of course ways let me down and sent me completely like seventeen miles in the wrong, direction and, ah AND i slid into home plate like at the baby shower at four fifty nine and it ended at five and they but you, know thankfully they were running a little. Over BUT i just like got in there AND i had my last, life you, know thirty minutes of the, events and it was it was, exhausting. EXHAUSTING i can don't go any.
Speaker 1: Place people, know it's not THAT i.
Speaker 2: Can't you can't miss these, things like BUT i, mean and this is partially like two of those, events and wouldn't even it's just from having NOW i have two families suit AND i love my husband's family a, Lot so IT'S i don't, KNOW i can want to be. EVERYWHERE i don't regret, it BUT i also FELT i been that person where you're, at LIKE i don't know whether it's a happy hour like a networking, event or even just like a work event or a friend like a friend's birthday party or, something and you're talking to someone and you see their eyes shifting and you see their attention being pulled somewhere. Else AND i always feel so shitty when that happens to. Me AND i hated it because YESTERDAY i was that. PERSON i was, like, yeah, yeah what's what's happening with your? Life you have four seconds to tell me BECAUSE i have to. Run AND i ran to the baby shower and it was like it was the very, end like they were just revealing the winters of the baby food guessing game or, whatever AND i was just, like threw my stuff, down got, it get a, picture get the, snampcheck get The instagram PROVE i was. Here let's take a group. Photo and yet a peek so. BAD i did not build any pea. Breaks and in my, DAY i was so. Thirsty it was it was, noo you.
Speaker 1: Have to do the. PROOF i was. Here hey how are? You? Oh like you look so? Pretty you're like she saw, me she saw? Me, okay, yeah that's WHERE i have like two friends Because I'M i can't there's too many, events like my mom was like her birthday was? On was It? Friday and she, said, so what day will you guys be coming to the. House i'm, like for? What because we don't do like birthday parties. Anymore she says for my. Birthday i'm, like, mommy what are you like? Fifteen you? KNOW i was, LIKE i MEAN i. Can't we'll, come but like we haven't done like when we were, kids we would have these little faux birthday. PARTIES i guess she's feeling. Sentimental so we came to the house On sunday and she was, Like i've been waiting For i'm. Starving i'm, like you didn't. Eat she's, LIKE i just figured you guys were going to do. Something i'm, like what is this impromptu party you're? Forcing?
Speaker 2: OH i hate when parents do. That they're, like, WELL i thought you would do it like you should know you're my, daughter And.
Speaker 1: I'm, like. Uh so we fought a awkward like do you want me to wear To chinese food or? Something she's like, No and that was, LIKE i MEAN i brought her flowers and she wanted some purse that we got, her and of course money because my mom was always like save the. Gifts i'll take the cash. Over so, yeah she's always been even as. KIDS i just, Like, mommy LOOK i made, you, like you, know a porcupine from a. Rock she's, like, yeah ask your dad to give you money to give to. Me oh my. Goodness i'm, like what that? Is my mom through and through, like oh that's so. Nice did your daddy give you anything to give to? Me something to? Fold? PERHAPS i was, LIKE i don't, KNOW i can.
Speaker 2: Ask she's like kind of tapping the card before she opens. It mm.
Speaker 1: No but it was a good weekend, though and just the hectic, one but it was definitely a good.
Speaker 2: Weekend, YEAH i can't complain. Honestly at, least it's better to have great family and friends than to. Not BUT i was but, YEAH i JUST i don't. KNOW i Guess i'll have to. Said this is in my life moving. Forward i'm already stressed out about the, holidays LIKE i.
Speaker 1: Know honestly for, real LIKE i probably. Have let me, see, Dude i'm trying to think how many friends THAT i, like, like speak to you on a daily. Basis three, yeah three daily basis, friends and then of COURSE i have like friends outside of, that and then friends and in, friends you, know like weekly friends and monthly friends and you, know but sometimes like the daily basis, friends it sucks BECAUSE i only have. Three then when they're, busy like it seems like everyone wants to talk at the same time or no one can talk at the same. Time So i'm just, LIKE i have something to. Say and Then i'm, Like, okay let me look at my weekly. Friends, hmmm who's. Available really none of you guys are available. Either Then i'm, like, OH i could call my monthly, friends BUT i THINK i gotta really. Care we're not that. Invested And i'm just waiting at, home like leaving, message just texting, everybody where are? You where are you have something to? Say it's, good it's. Juicy it could be just something ABOUT tv OR i had an. Idea, yeah but, still you, know your daily flights are supposed to be there every.
Speaker 2: DAY i really look forward to when the kids grow up and like might get my friends back one hundred, percent you know WHAT i, Mean like when they have like when they don't really care about the kids not surviving if they leave for a night and they're, like just call a sitter or. Whatever i'm excited for that. Phase of my.
Speaker 1: Thirties, yeah you know, what it's weird because, honestly only one of my my daily friends has a, kid and, like you, know he's part of the. Pack we're all like where we are, going don't.
Speaker 2: Bring him near. Me it's.
Speaker 1: Catching i'm, like, OH i don't mind catching a, kid maybe sort of kind of this. Week every Week i'm.
Speaker 2: Always LIKE i don't mind catching a, kid and.
Speaker 1: Then then and THEN i have like a, busy crazy, week and Then i'm LIKE i don't need a, kid and Then i'm LIKE i want a, kid and then, YEAH i mean such as. Life so update on my vegan. Diet oh, yeah it's been going actually really. Well LIKE i was, like, wait this thing is. Working so it's week two AND i lost ten whole, pounds like real.
Speaker 2: Pounds so that's, big isn't.
Speaker 1: IT i was, LIKE i haven't lost ten pounds on LIKE i don't know ten, Years LIKE i Mean i've worked out like crazy and not lost ten pounds and so and, not like you know how sometimes you lose like the water right and the next day it's like up and down or, no this has been like ten. Solid oh it's still off and so.
Speaker 2: Wow so have you been working out on top of, it or just changing your diet just to.
Speaker 1: DIET i, Said i'm going to start working, out maybe like another week or, two like BECAUSE i realize now that the working out has nothing to do with my. Weight it's really all about like, toning because LIKE i worked out for like two months, straight five days a, week blah blah, blah and no shift in.
Speaker 2: Weight and so weight loss happens in the.
Speaker 1: Kitchen it really, does, Honestly and it was hard at, first but, honestly now it's not really BECAUSE i REALIZED i was kind of halfway there SINCE i was like lactose. INTOLERANT a lot of the dairy STUFF i was already not. Eating and then the meat Stuff i'm not a huge meat, eater was mostly chicken and, Fish so of COURSE i missed chicken the. Most you, know WHEN i smell, It i'm, like oh my, gosh that's not so.
Speaker 2: GOOD i had the best chicken, Today and.
Speaker 1: Especially WHEN i cook it For supergirl And, Superman i'm.
Speaker 2: Like really that? Bad what is it about? It it's too much? Protein, HONESTLY i don't.
Speaker 1: Know i'm, LIKE i can honestly tell YOU i don't have no, idea why like me not eating meat and dairy has such a huge. Impact does that?
Speaker 2: Fish?
Speaker 1: YUP i don't eat fish. EITHER i, Mean i'm not gonna Say i'm not gonna bring THOSE i don't know That i'll be vegan for, life but AND i might use them back in BUT i kind of want to like, Reset, Like, Okay, tiffany let's get back to your regular weight that you Know i'm used to me being. At. Yeah, yeah BUT i feel good, Though and and my energy levels outside from When i'm not exhausting myself actually pretty. High LIKE i don't, KNOW i guess it's the. VEGGIE i don't, know but my energy levels are like through the. Roof as a, result my skin is like on. Fleak, Honestly i'm, like what the heck is in this stuff That i'm, Like i'm, REGENERATING.
Speaker 2: I would co. SIGN i, mean if the only thing that gets me through the hard moments WHEN i want cheese so bad is my, Skin because FOR i was that kid in school who got bullied to no end for the acne and like still had it in my, twenties and it wasn't UNTIL i cut out dairy that my skin just just got. Better it was, Crazy and that's that's WHAT i keep reminding myself up WHEN i go back to.
Speaker 1: Me too every, Time LIKE, i who WAS i think my mom's birthday and somebody else's. Birthday somebody made. Cake oh, oh one of my friends made a frum scratch scratch pound. Cake it looked so good AND i wanted something so, bad BUT i was, Like, tiffany when's the last time you lost ten? Pounds it was, like it's the thing that keeps me going That i'm, like, ugh Like i'm almost to where i'd like to, be where THAT i can just moderate and just you, know be moderate with my diet and like work out and maintain WHERE i. Am But i'm, like just keep, going you have a little while to, Go just keep.
Speaker 2: Going but take up before. Picture those always inspire, me.
Speaker 1: You, know AND i should, have But i'm not gonna. Lie didn't think it was gonna, Work SO i was like. Whatever Now i'm, like, DANG i SHOULD i should thinking of before picture and like my sports braw and like tight SO i can really.
Speaker 2: See BUT i was just looking at this old YouTube facebook. Memories they reminded THEY i had posted this picture like a year. Ago of my of my. Hair at the TIME i had FINALLY i was cutting off my own. HAIR i was, like let my natural hair grow. In and my little baby outfro was so, LITTLE i can't notice how much it's grown in a. Year, YEAH i had a little, baby curly scab hair thing on my. Head but that's like BECAUSE i remember there was a time WHEN i was sitting there like ready to just cry and be, like give me about the creamy. CRACK i can't do. This, Yeah and So i'm GLAD i took that picture because now it makes me feel better that it takes me half an hour to d tangle my hair, now, RIGHT i.
Speaker 1: Look back at my LOCK i forget how long they've, gotten like WHAT i remember WHEN i first had my. Locks it's, like you, know these little baby twigs hanging from your, head and now you're, like, oh look at, me Missus. Jackson if you're, nasty so well now. Right and it's so crazy because, honestly a few years, ago because of some stinking ex boyfriend at the, time he was, LIKE i don't know IF i liked the, LAX i think you, Should AND i was really considering cutting, them and somebody was like, Tifty are you? Crazy who? Is he cut him AND i.
Speaker 2: Did, Oh and decisions were so. SIMPLE i fell out of my.
Speaker 1: LIFE i was, like what my laughs or You i'll take my last thanks.
Speaker 2: Listening we got. IT i have TO i have to take a, moment brief moment of silence for what's happening In houston right.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: YEAH i have.
Speaker 2: A really good friend down there who's like getting married in two weeks and she and her fiance are kind of trapped in their. APARTMENT i. DID i had no idea because this weekend was so crazy and THAT i got in bed last night AND i was reading the news for the first time AND i was, like holy, crap let me text her real? Quick is she?
Speaker 1: Is? She?
Speaker 5: Okay So i've seen some of the pictures And i'm, like, what like someone told, me And i'm not sure if this is, true that that they got half the rain that they would get for a year within a few.
Speaker 2: Hours that's what it seemed.
Speaker 1: Like that's, CRAZY i thought for a.
Speaker 2: Minute because you, KNOW i THOUGHT i was looking at a map Of houston AND i was, like where is? It what? Flooded like was there's this like a little river that goes through like a little creek or something going through. It but it was the RAINFALL i. Heard that's what's so that just like this torrential rain and it hasn't stopped, yet and they're saying it's going to last a couple more. Days.
Speaker 1: Good that is, so has like has forty five declared a state of.
Speaker 2: EMERGENCY i don't know what he's, declared BUT i did read before we got on that he's doing some kind of press conference right, now like three days, later after after he pardoned a racist sheriff From arizona for defying The, constitution he decided to talk About.
Speaker 1: Houston, wow the. Usual did you hear about?
Speaker 2: That judge our our? Rap what is it Our? PAYOH i think that's how you pronounced. It this not judged, sheriff our. Payo it's a sheriff From Maricopa. County that's where In. Arizona that's Where, Tucson arizona is in that. County so it's a big. County And trump used his presidential, pardon, which if you, recall is typically used you know at the end to pardon criminals who have done time in, jail have admitted their, crimes have said they're, sorry like have proven that they're. Remorseful. This the sheriff was just convicted earlier this year and was due to be sentenced or sorry the TRIAL i think The, yeah it was due to be sentenced In. October SO i hadn't even spent any time in jail yet OR i don't know how much time he spent in, jail but not very. Long and he's pardoned, him and AND i Just i'll do my best to like do a quick recap BECAUSE i just listened to this on The The New York times Podcast The. Daily if you don't if you need like a quick twelve minute fifteen minute recap of the, news it's a good, podcast listen to. Plug but they had said that basically what he did is he was found guilty of defying a court. Order so basically he created these tense cities in his in his, county tense cities where he would put immigrants who were found to be in the area, illegally and they would wear like striped jumpsuits and they, wow they'd be in chain, gangs women and men like actually tied like chained together on the side of the, road cleaning, highways which he said helped to defer to to deter crime because, Quote johnny's in the back seat and his mom and dad can tell him that it's bad or that's what happens to bad people Who and he put them in these tents In, arizona mind, You arizona in the summer it gets like one hundred and thirty degayes or. Hotter and they were in these, tents women. Men he forced the men to wear pink. Underwear what just to further de humanize, them he made them Watch Food network ON tv and The Weather. Channel those are only two things allowed while feeding them vegetarian. Slop and obviously they were one hundred and thirty degree. Heat and he was quoted like they had a recording of him talking about how, WELL i hope when they Watched Weather channel and they see it's cold In canada that they might decide to go To canada next.
Speaker 1: Time slavery like concentration camps on The United states.
Speaker 2: Soil, Again, well that's funny you mentioned that because the tents they were in were Recommissioned Korean War wow TENTS i think were used for prisoners of war or something like. That, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah bring it all the way. Back but he was in Little trumpito's pocket because he was one of the first public figures to come Support trump the candidate over a year ago during the, election and so of course he came to the. Rescue but basically with, this the sheriff was found to be in. Violation basically a, COURT i think a court in his area ruled that he couldn't Target latinos with his immigration, policies and he defied that court, order and somehow they were ruled that what he was doing was unconstitutional and that's why he was. Convicted that's why he's going to or was going to be sentenced to. Whatever and so by using his presidential pardon to pardon the, sheriff it's sort of like legalquts are, saying, well it seems like What trump is doing with his constitutional power is affirming the denial of some of constitutional rights by a person in place of, power which sounds just about right for given who he. Is but, uh that's your headline of the.
Speaker 1: Day SO i wonder for all the folks that voted for, him are they like so or are they LIKE i, MEAN i know there's some hardcore people who are, LIKE i don't care what he. Does it's. FINE, ok this.
Speaker 2: IS i, mean this whole immigration stance like. HIS i know why HE'S i, mean it's clear that he's doing. This it not only does he get to help a friend, out but he's also pandering to his. Base they love.
Speaker 1: This.
Speaker 2: Yeah the, policies, yeah the policies that were ruled unconstitutional or the actions deemed unconstitutional by the sheriff are. Too we're all put in, place he, said to thwart illegal. Immigration but of course the tense cities and the making them eat shitty food and chainings showed no signs of impacting recidivism, rates which is the rate of people returning to prison or jail after they've been. Released like it had no impact on that at.
Speaker 1: All of course that's not what it's.
Speaker 2: About, well so he, Said, SO.
Speaker 1: I don't. Know i'm not gonna. LIE i really am like LIKE i poked my head out And i'm, like Oh, god the. News and Then i'm LIKE i can't do. IT i can't do. IT i poke my head out, again And i'm, like what is? HAPPENING i feel like people are just like you, know LIKE i feel like literally this president could like you, know be seen like slapping his wife in public and people would be, like, oh she had a fly on her. Face you guys are. Wilent he already.
Speaker 2: Did remember when those legal documents came off from his divorce, hearing when like his wife had accused him of raping. Her, yeah and, Nuts yeah WHAT i.
Speaker 1: Didn't, NO i did. Not oh my, god can you imagine If President obama? Had? Oh? RIGHT i just can't.
Speaker 2: Even, YEAH i Mean trump's been accused of sexual, assault, harassment all kinds of. STUFF i, mean he said he grabs someone's you, know, Vagina like it's not.
Speaker 1: Whether they like it or, not because they have to let you do it because you're. Famous he's made it very.
Speaker 2: Clear that he said, self he can go out And Fifth avenue and shoot somebody and they Wouldn't they still vote for, Him and he's. Right it's. Sad, sad it, Is, yeah this Is it's not at this point in my, mind it's less about convincing people who voted for him that they made the wrong choice and just more about you, know what can we do TO i feel like we're never going to have the next election is going to be. LIT i feel like everyone like we're not going to let this. Out BUT i wish it didn't have to get this way for us to for the, people BECAUSE i feel like people will get complacent and they're, like, oh you know, Whatever trump's not going to, win obviously It's. Hillary i'll just stay. HOME i wish it didn't. Happen BUT i you, know this kind of stuff is. CYCLICAL i feel, like.
Speaker 1: YEAH i know you're right, though something goes really like it's one of the reasons why we Had President Barack obama because the president before people were, like oh hell, no, yep and they came out in full. Force and then you, know people got complacent with with For President obama and then now here we. Are. Yeah but you, know it's been kind of funny about some forty five. Supporters they've been taking those you know how right now what's really lit is the THE dna.
Speaker 2: Tests oh, yeah like trying To, yeah Like caucasian people finding out that they got some some Uh africa some extra spices in.
Speaker 1: There, yeah and, like, honestly what's so. Crazy it's, like you, know so they're taking these sounds reading in an ARTICLE i forget what platform it was maybe a week or so, ago and finding out that like what a fourteen percent Of Sharan african and then then being like, whatever it doesn't even. Matter it's not about what it says, there it's about if you look. White i'm, like, yes it's not really how that, works. Dude AND i was just like, really just like, wow so you have proven well that you're in your history read there Is african. Blood and still that's how you. Said it's not about convincing folks that forty five is so bad or whatever that it's. Not he literally could kill someone and it would not matter to certain. People so you have to leave those people for dead and move.
Speaker 2: Forward just wait for them till thet die. OUT i, guess, yeah like a.
Speaker 1: Disease but so the problem IS i used to, say, like, oh when these old folks die, out but it's not old folks, anymore you, know it's a lot of young DISGRUNTLED i, mean you saw the pictures From, charlottesville you, know and then when they were called out and found out where they worked and where they lived and everything, else it was big crocodile. Tires If i'm not this angry. Person meanwhile in the video your face is.
Speaker 2: Yeah that. GUY i, Mean i'll say it again like it's a small, pocket but they, have they've gotten the platform that they've been waiting. For and, yeah because.
Speaker 1: It's start pocket with the president as your.
Speaker 2: Leader, yeah it's a very but that's all it, takes you, know it's all it. Takes it's just the The and as a member of the, media it's REALLY i MEAN i don't cover, politics, obviously but to the vitriol that he reserves for the media and the way that he talks about the, media forget me being a journalist for a, second being completely, biased but, like this is exactly what dictators. Do they convince you that what the media is telling you was a. LIE i, mean look At, china like so much is blocked from people there because the government wants to control the perception and control what they. See and it's just it's, just you know. It that's WHAT i keep kind of going back, to is how In, america?
Speaker 4: How?
Speaker 2: How? How but it's LIKE i said When Trevor noah gave that talk on it THAT i went to In montreal last, month where he's like everyone In america, Shocked but the rest of us and the rest of the world who've dealt with dictators and dealt with corrupt politicians are, like, well you.
Speaker 1: Know, welcome here's the. Handbook you can sit right in the back with. Them. Yeah, yeah that's a.
Speaker 2: Lot oh, YEAH i wanted. To did you see The Whole Foods Amazon?
Speaker 1: News, Yes i'm like geeking out because you, know there's a New Whole foods In New Arc.
Speaker 2: That's, right you've been talking about. That is it? Open?
Speaker 1: Yes it. Is, honestly it's one of my favorite. Places and because what they've built it inside this historic building called The Haines. Building they used to be like Like macy's back in the, day or LIKE i don't, know like you, know like one of.
Speaker 2: These usual department store.
Speaker 1: Building oh my goodness WHEN i, say, beautiful, wandy but. Beautiful and so they took this beautiful building and they've now made it like downtown like loft spaces and. Apartments they have other like there's restaurants in, there there's all these other just. Businesses and then The Whole foods has like THOUGH i think the largest space outside of the. Apartment so the building itself is just dropped deat. GORGEOUS i remember when the first TIME i walked, IN i was, like, wow look at all they've, done and the old folks At newark are, like, no this is what it looked. Like they just restored. It it's so. Gorgeous and The Whole foods there is, awesome and so it's been helpful with my vegan diet BECAUSE i don't have to go far now BECAUSE i only, live LIKE i live walking distance from. Downtown so it's just a great meeting. Spot And Whole foods has like tables and chairs inside and, out so people go and hang.
Speaker 2: OUT i love their food. Cords it's just something so. Satisfying, yeah are you're An Amazon prime? Member? RIGHT i am so now That amazon's Bought Whole. Foods if you guys didn't know that news. Alert so the deal went official Today monday when we're, Recording and so today Immediately amazon's swooped in and reduced prices on you know how they Call Whole foods whole. PAYCHECK a lot of their main products are getting, immediately got like up to forty three percent price. Reduction so, yeah they slice prices on avocados bad online or like in person in person in, person so you CAN i think they reduced. You So i'm, Listening i'm looking at the. List now we have a we have like a we have a list up On Magnified. Money we just saw a story on. It everything you can expect from the changes That amazon's, bringing but banana's, avocados, eggs responsibly farmed, salmon and, silapio organic baby cal and baby, lettuce animal, warfare animal welfare, rated lean, beef creamy and crunchy Almond oh that's my. Jam creamy and country almond. Butter that stuff's not. Cheap, apples rotisserie. Chicken people were losing their minds over the chicken prices and. Butter so this is Like amazon's promise is to help reduce to prices At Whole, foods but not just. That they're also gonna make apparently they're gonna Make Amazon prime the new loyalty program At Whole. Foods so they didn't say exactly what that, means BUT i imagine there's gonna be a way you like put in your email address and they give you discounts if you're A prime. Member but before there really wasn't a good way TO i, mean you could like get the circular At Whole, foods but there really Wasn't LIKE i don't think a super easy way to get a, discount like a like a on all your purchase. System that could be cool if they have Like Amazon Prime Shopping days or something like, That like if you're a, member.
Speaker 1: That would be out of. Awesome because My prime membership just renewed AND i was, like, yes we're AND i didn't realize, this but you can have if you if you and your boo live in the same house or who you and. WHOEVER i didn't realize you could Share prime membership with one other.
Speaker 2: Person, yeah up to? Four right is it up to? FOUR i used to share with my college. Roommates, YEAH i think it's up to four in a. Household they might have gotten, stricter like you have to prove OR i. FORGET i think you. Can, yeah you can definitely share with like one, spouse and then if you have kids you can Add LIKE i, forget how many kids to your to Your prime? Membership SO i was like.
Speaker 1: Yeah BECAUSE i used to always like a, superman would always be, like, wait what's Your amazon? Logging what's Your Amazon? Now i'm, like you have your own, now, sir you can purchase the things you'd, like and now you Have prime as. Well he was, like yes. Me he was so. Excited he was, Like i'm so HAPPY i D. J i was like, REALLY i mean he was irrationally.
Speaker 3: Excited we won't tell. HIM i was, like, sir, OKAY i was, Like i'll take the. Credit, like oh, WELL i mean that's all it.
Speaker 2: Takes, actually you can buy their you, know the three sixty, five The Whole foods. Brand you can buy it On amazon dot. Com, now, okay that's WHY i and Then i've never used Their amazon, lockers but they have those that some they're gonna add those to Some Whole foods. Too so but what's hilarious is like.
Speaker 1: They had them. There is that what that? Is?
Speaker 2: Oh they?
Speaker 1: Do?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah SO i think if you like order, stuff you can pick it up. There.
Speaker 1: Ah SO i want to before we close out kind of our buzz buzz for LIKE i, so for those of you who are listening who Are, Dreamcatchers, hey SORRY i had to go off on you the other. Day Actually i'm not, sorry but not you, personally but the folks that were being a little bit sassy in The DreamCatcher. Group if you're A, DreamCatcher you know that we have Our facebook group and it's really. Awesome it's like if we just crossed over to two hundred and fifty thousand whole women and a couple of, men and as a, result it's you, know it's it's not easy navigating and managing a group of that size because you always have different. Personalities AND i will say ninety nine, percent maybe ninety eight percent it's all. Positive but every once in a while you get folks who you, know want to be super, sassy AND i don't know WHY i take it so. PERSONALLY i GUESS i have four, sisters AND i just feel, like come, on, now that's not how you treat your, sisters like when we're all trying to do, better like you, know being disparaging in the comments or making fun of. People SO i take that really, seriously and, Honestly i'm not gonna. LIE i kind of take a sick little pleasure of booting folks who are mean Because i'm, like, yes And hank can't come back here. AGAIN i don't, KNOW i feel LIKE i just bullying just seems so crazy when you're, grown you, KNOW.
Speaker 2: I don't think, This, yeah it seems, insane AND i THINK i think part of it the reason you get so like hurt by it is because you could probably never imagine yourself doing, that.
Speaker 1: Yes And i'm, LIKE i Just i'm not going to say. That like you know how you read something and you're, like oh my, gosh this is, crazy this is foolish or. Whatever but to actually type out to someone that you don't know to say you're so, stupid you're a da da, da you're a liar or. WHATEVER i JUST i just literally cannot imagine like doing, that just because it's LIKE i don't know. HER i might be, like, what this is crazy if that was a, mistake BUT i just can't imagine like chastising a grown woman WHO i don't, know, like especially in like an environment where you, know, hey this is where we help. Folks and SO i just, LIKE i don't know what that mindset feels. Like AND i know that sometimes hurt people hurt, people but, HONESTLY i don't. Care it's one of those things where it's, like, well if it's you or, them it's gotta be. You you gotta go because it's a. POISON i really feel like negativity is a, poison and once you allow it, in it continues to seep and grow like. Cancer and if you don't cut it. Out so we're real. STRICT i was just having a talk with the team. TODAY i said zero tolerance. Policy they're, like, well what about, no, no, no zero. Time because WHAT i found is THAT i started doing a little digging WHERE i would research someone's name that was being mean in a comment, here and THEN i would look because you can do A facebook a search in Your facebook, groups AND i would look and see that this was a. Pattern so we. DON'T i just can't allow somebody to do. That, like if you do it, once you'll going to do it. Again you have to. Go we're just too big now to allow that to. Be and everyone knows the. Rule we post the rules, literally it's on automate at least three or four times a. Day we post the rules as soon as you come. In, Now facebook is really. Cool you have This facebook group like survey thing that when you click join the, group it has these three. Questions do you promise to be? Positive do you promise not to? Sell do you promise DA D and so you're like, yes, yes, Yes and then as soon as you come, in so you're, like there's no excuse to SAY i didn't, know because, well first of, all don't should have to tell. You it's like SAYING i didn't KNOW i could slap, Her like, girl you know you can't do. That so, yeah SO i had to like go live and in rare, form and BECAUSE i was already exhausted AND i just didn't feel like being my peppy, self and SO i really had to snatch the measures and be, like what we're not gonna do Is and SO i, MEAN i guess that's. Something you, know it's so. Crazy did you know the happy black? Woman, nope you never have the happy black? Woman like the she's got a huge. Following her name is, OH i forget her, name but a huge. Following like she was one of the original kind of LIKE i don't, know like just folks who were like really speaking to black. Women and so she has a huge youtooe. Following she just closed her free, group And i'm seeing it's becoming a trend with like some of these really large movements and brands they're closing their free. Groups AND i found out later after doing a little digging that she was just like it just got to be like babysitting AND i might as well focus on people who were paying and that's heartbreaking because a lot of people are needing help and it's like a few handful of negative nancies are taking away opportunities for people who are really trying to do and be. Better And i'm gonna try to hold out as long as i, can But i'm not gonna. Lie there some days Where i'm, Like i'm shutting this, down but then i think of like how many women hit me up and they're Like, Tiffany, HONESTLY i didn't even know where to, start like you, know you, know SO.
Speaker 2: I see so many like usually WHEN i get The liverat or the Dream catchers updates on my, feed like they're usually really, positive and, LIKE i, MEAN i hope you don't shut it down because it seems like people it's like The, reddit but for black women of color or black women of color women of color Where, REDDIT i feel, like because you know that you can go On reddit and do their personal Finance, subreddit which is actually has a lot of great, advice AND i find people are there are really generally, respectful but they also have like millions of admins constantly. Policing but you, KNOW i feel there's a value in having like peers to bounce ideas off of and like celebrate your. Wins AND i, MEAN i hope you don't shut it. Down that would be, sad but it's The. Internet like at the same, Time i'm also, like you're never going to get them.
Speaker 1: All, yeah AND i know, that AND i GUESS i said that said that you know what to, ME i think it's JUST i need to like maybe hire some more admins or get some more like volunteer, admins because YOU'RE i don't want to shut it down BECAUSE i see how much it. HELPS i can just imagine WHEN i was teaching preschool and or WHEN i lost my job AND i was. STRUGGLING i WISH i could have had a place to be, like oh my, GOSH i don't know what to do, because LIKE i, said not even if sent of women are so. Helpful LIKE i love WHEN i see a woman post Like i'm a single mom And i'm not sure about what to do about back to school and all these other single moms kind of like get together and they're, like, girl so this is WHERE i went shopping and this is WHAT i, did and this is what you can. Use, honestly it's just SO i don't plan on shutting it down anytime, soon BUT i, just you, know the frustration is.
Speaker 2: REAL i want to watch would you say they're all on a?
Speaker 1: WATCH i, know LIKE i just turn off the ability to. COMMENT i felt, like you, know like a a, mom, like what you're not gonna do is. Punishment. Punishment so now it's time to break and.
Speaker 2: Boost breaking booze breaking, brings boost and. BREAK i got a good break. TODAY i am turning and stabbing one of my old boosts in the. Back i'm taking a break from a former. Boost. Yeah true. Story so remember HOW i was, like, hey, Y'ALL i love these meal delivery. Services they're the. Best they're so. Awesome you get food delivered to your door and you just make your meals and they're amazing and you never have to worry about what to cook. It i'm done With Green. Chef i'm done with not Just Green, chef But i'm, LIKE i need a break from meal kit delivery. Services why because it becomes like the really annoying, mother like shoving food in your, face being like you better cook that food in the, fridge don't, don't don't go to happy hour because you got food at. Home like go home and. Cook it's gonna go. Bad it's gonna go bad in two days if you don't cook that. Cauliflower, yeah that. Meal so we literally last week we were, like can we just end? This like it was one more week WHEN i had to go in the fridge and like put stuff in the freezer because it was gonna go bad or like it didn't look, good and so we didn't want to make the. Meals SO i JUST i usually take it And i'll try and make something else out of. It it's JUST i don't waste any of the. Ingredients But i'm. Done i'm taking a. BREAK i might come back, later but you need a.
Speaker 1: BREAK i, did like, HONESTLY i only lasted like two, weeks AND i was, LIKE i can't do. THIS i can't do this because you're, right it's so much, pressure like did you cook like your? Mom did you? Cook are you cook? It are you gotta eat out? Again when you have food at? Home it is a. Lot AND i.
Speaker 2: THINK i saved more BECAUSE i mean we went to we did a Big Trader joe's trip and this is And i'm all excited because we have a car now AND i can like actually get a proper buggy to fill up at The Trader joe's and get like bags and all this kind of. STUFF i got canned, FOOD i got canned coconut. MILK i got a box of chicken, broth just because like this is the kind of stuff you'd never get if you live In New york or live in a city where you have to carry your own groceries. Home you don't get the heavy. Stuff so it's fun for. Me BUT i feel LIKE i stocked up on all that. Stuff so now we can actually come home and just look and see what's. There we have like frozen stuff we can cook in five, minutes and it's just it's just a Nice it's been like vacation at dinner, time you. Know it's just. Relaxing so that's my that's my.
Speaker 1: Break, Well i'm gonna Boost i'm gonna actually gonna boost my team, because as y'all, KNOW i THINK i said it, before my friends do not listen to my. Podcast they're, like you got a, podcast. Girl i'm, like now you, Know i've got a.
Speaker 2: Podcast but but my, TEAM i didn't, realize like we had a team.
Speaker 1: Meeting what's the last week one of these weeks AND i would say something About brown And bishan or somebody Mentioned they're like, yeah like And Brona. Bishin i'm, like, wait you guys listen and they were like, Yes i'm like what boop? Boop so Hey yataie's Hey. Tamera don't think who else did they? LISTEN i Think Leah, Malia, Sylvia i'm not sure if you, listen but what? Up hey girl And logan so like there's a bunch of, team but, LIKE i think these are the core people that, listen AND i couldn't. Believe i'm, like they, listen so you, know they, know you, know little insight about my. Life sometimes it's, weird like when like we'll have a chat BECAUSE i chat with my team individually On mondays and sometimes like somebody will mention something From Brian ambishing And i'm, like, what how do you know That i'm a little? Man, no because my friends are, like, yeah that's. Cute my family nobody. Listened, HONESTLY i have the most the least techye friends and, Family like no one's on social, media no one even knows what a podcast is like, honestly like even my, sisters which is, Weird like they're barely On, facebook not On. Instagram my boo is like just knows how to Use. Facebook the other day he was, like how do you do an? ATTACHMENT i, said just, please just get out of my, feet like no one is, like not even moderately. Techy my mom will show. Me the other day she was, like how DO i make my screen bigger on my on my? COMPUTER i just was, like, mommy who are? You did you get your master you like graduated like super cume. Loude how do you not know how to make your screen? Bigger and this is WHY i have to drive thirty five. Minutes he was, like come to the. HOUSE i need. YOU i was, like oh, okay oh so this is why my dad once did that when he was like the letters on my screen are too. Small i'm, Like, DADDY i could have walked you through over the. Phone he's, like.
Speaker 2: Now you always say that it's actually quicker to get in the. Car i've, learned don't even try, It.
Speaker 1: Like what's the? Body you're, like oh my, God i'll just be. There. Yeah so, Yeah SO i just want to say shout out and brown boost to my team because, honestly like someone, stated they are a bunch of. Unicorns it's these amazing brown women helping other amazing brown. Women it could not be more. Ideal and everyone is so invested in the, mission you, know everyone is. Like SO i had to tell them the other day the truth of. This i'm, LIKE i know, that you guys because we have this online punching, sheet like it's called t sheets where you can punch it online and you're supposed To like they have a set amount of hours that they do every, week like arrange that they can. Do AND i, SAID i can tell by how much work it is getting. Done y'all are not always. Punched SO i had to literally tell, them like stop working for, free because what they'll do is be, like oh you know, what, ooh this needs to be. Done i'm just Gonna i'm just gonna do ten minutes two hours later and they're, like, WELL i didn't Punch it's all, Right And i'm like, stop you, know BECAUSE i want. One, one they're so. VALUABLE i don't want anyone to get burned out like. Me and, two you, know to, me it's fair is. Fair if you do the, work you should be paid for. It but, like who else has that, complaint like my team is not punching in and being fully. Paid So i'm just really grateful for Y'all Brown Boost Hay. TEAM i Think i'm gonna call y' all THE b TEAM b team who should GET t? SHIRTS B.
Speaker 2: Team it's still left down on my own. Team don't worry about. It but, yeah so that's my boost good from negative Dream cultures to POSITIVE B. Team, yes, Sorry Green. Chef, WOW i just need some me. Time husby is really into. It he's, LIKE i can need all the frozen PIECES i. Want i'm, like, yeah there's three ninety, nine go for, it Right.
Speaker 1: Ah this is so easy to please when it comes to. Food i'm always Like i'm gonna have some sate this and.
Speaker 2: That the sooner you realize, that the happier you will be in your. Relationship what all they want is a girl, Cheese just do the least.
Speaker 1: Right or like every once in a, while like fancy food is like you made. Chili WHEN i make, chili he like calls his friends, like, Yo tiffany made, Chili and then all of a, sudden there's like five men at my door like, Hey, Tiffany i'm, like why are you? HERE i heard you makee. Chili i'm, like, really you should have seen. TODAY i THINK i was telling my best friend on the phone. Chili he looked, up like, chili, chill chili is happening When i'm, like, tomorrow, Tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna need to. COME i love some good. Chili you. Know it's there's A christmas in the. Air this past. Weekend it feels like almost like, fall like feels Like autumnate is on the.
Speaker 1: Brink he does feel like.
Speaker 2: That OH i can't.
Speaker 1: WAIT i do like.
Speaker 2: Fall sorry for anyone In houston or anywhere, else it's not like. THIS i. Apologize, yeah but you have to be.
Speaker 1: Sensitive fall is definitely a fun.
Speaker 2: MONTH i mean fits on the, train.
Speaker 1: Right so do we have any? Questions we, do.
Speaker 2: As, ever have questions you, guys please go To brown ambitionpodcast dot com drop us a. Note just click the ask us anything tab at the top and you can send us a note, directly or you can send us an email At Brown Ambition podcast at gmail dot. Com i'm GLAD i read her second email because she, said don't don't name my. Name oh, yeah so here's a good career. Question so she this is this anonymous. Podcaster we'll call Her. Jana, yeah we'll go With. Diana. Okay So i'm a big fan of the. PODCAST i will be turning twenty five in just ten, days And i'm reflecting quite a bit on WHERE i am in. Life oh, god twenty.
Speaker 1: FIVE i remember those when you just be, like, oh my live. Meal you're, like, Oh i've got literally the whole life to. Live go, ahead ask, Me.
Speaker 2: Okay i'm writing this on A, sunday AND i received a job offer On friday for a local nonprofit dedicated to mentoring at risk youth in local high. Schools i'm excited for the, job BUT i do have some feelings about WHERE i am currently in terms of. STATUS i would be taking a pay cup for this position about five thousand. Dollars my previous POSITION i left abruptly after trying to stick it. Through the job in the field was an experiment of sorts and just wasn't a right. FIT i Know i'm on the right track, now BUT i can't shake the feeling Like i'm excuse, me Like i'm regressing by starting an entry level position at only twenty five years old WHEN i graduated in twenty fourteen and have been through one entry level position already in addition to. TEACHING i feel LIKE i wasted the past three years AND i should have been mid level by. Now so, GENERALLY i thinking her question is this a step backward or SHOULD i just take the job and be? Happy good, question excellent. Question, actually yes it.
Speaker 1: IS i you, know it's so funny Because i'm, like, ooh twenty, FIVE i remember being so serious about. MYSELF i think like a twenty five bought a house BECAUSE i was, Like i'm an, ADULT i really need a. HOME i need a, home and to, me five thousand, dollars especially at twenty, five it's not super. SIGNIFICANT i think at twenty five That i'd like to see you just really focus on strategically taking positions that are going to get you to the ultimate, goals like regardless of what the income, is because the income not to say regardless of what the income, is but BECAUSE i do know, that like you, know taking less now means that you might have less. Later but being really strategic about the skill sets that you're. Collecting AND i don't, know nonprofit work is hard because it's not like Corporate america where it's like, ooh you made, less oh, girl because, nonprofit that's that's not that's, typical, honestly because they just don't have the, funds you know.
Speaker 2: What so you, WELL i was just going to read the extra. Detail she said she was going from forty thousand a year to thirty five thousand a. Year well, one, YEAH i, Mean i'll tell you a. Story SO i was just at this baby shower AND i was talking to a good friend and in MY i was, like you got five. Minutes i'm just. Kidding, no she was updating me on where she's at in her, life and she she threw me a blind like a curve, ball Because i've known her to work at this great nonprofit with Full Bright scholars full as part of the Full Bright scholar whatever fund or organization that manages that whole. Thing and she's, like, OH I i'm actually starting school in a week And i'm going to go. Back i'm to get my pre recks And i'm going to go to nursing. School AND i was, like, what she has her, master she has her. Undergrad she's been working here for several, years she's, established she's doing, great and she's pivoting in like a, major, major major way AND i was, LIKE i think that takes such, guts and she's. Not she's the second PERSON i know who's done something similar to. That another good friend of mine who's actually was the she it was her baby. Shower she worked for The Food bank Of New York city FOR i don't know a few years and had gone to this undergrad and all that kind of, stuff and then pivoted Quit and now she's a nurse and she's loving her. Career AND i feel like these both of them were in their mid twenties when they made this, decision AND i or mid twenties and, this AND i think the ONE i talked to you, YESTERDAY i think she's twenty nine or thirty or something like. That it's never too. Late AND i also feel, like if you're going to do, it you might as well do it. Now and if pivoting and going a little bit under what you were making before in the grand scheme of, things five thousand, dollars when you spread it out, over, however twenty four paychecks over a, year it's not like gonna shatter your. WORLD i don't think you take that pay. CUT i understand how it can feel LIKE i took a step back WHEN I i lost my job at my first magazine job At New York, city AND i went from earning forty five thousand to thirty five, thousand like that ten thousand dollars pay. Cut but IF i hadn't, PIVOTED i never would have been WHERE i am. Now AND i don't regret it for a. Minute you. KNOW i had to do WHAT i had to, do AND i made it work for. Me AND i think that you can make it work for you, too and just, DON'T i, mean be a little bit easier on. YOURSELF i guess you tried, something it didn't work, out at least you.
Speaker 1: Left, yeah, yeah, Yeah and it's good to, like to, me your twenties are really about, like, well really every age is really about to go for, it you, know but especially in your, twenties because the fall is not so. FAR i WISH i would have known that WHEN i was in my, twenties, because like, YOU i was kind of, like, oh, WELL i did go for it as far as become a school, teacher even though that doesn't seem like such a big leap for, me it was huge Because i'd gone to school for business and like what a AND. I you know, WHAT i did take a huge pay cut BECAUSE i got right out of. COLLEGE i got offered a job for fifty thousand dollars a year and my, internship AND i hated the. Internship you. Know the, money of, course was like WHAT i could have moved, OUT i could have bought a. Car and THEN i had the choice to work at a day care, center and, honestly they were paying, ME i think like twelve or fourteen thousan an, hour which was like nothing the fifty, thousand AND i took that, job the daycare shunner, job BECAUSE i KNEW i wanted to, shift AND i my fear was IF i took the fifty, THOUSAND i would be stuck on that path toward, yes more, money but also LIKE i didn't want to do, that and SO i ended up taking that twelve or fourteen fourteen dollars an hour, job and that led to a job offer which was, LIKE i think thirty two, thousand and then a competing childcare center offered me thirty nine, Thousand so instead of making fifty, YEAR i was making thirty nine within a few months after. Graduating but it was the best THING i could have done because working in WHAT i wanted to work, in which was being a. Teacher it set me up for What i'm doing, now which is ultimately teaching and everything THAT i know about teaching as a. BUDGET i learned at that daycare center every single, thing you. KNOW i learned how to be, engaging how to actually take someone from a place of no knowledge to, knowledge how to explain things, thoroughly how you, know like every single. THING i even learned how to run a business honestly at the daycare center BECAUSE i Was it was only like a two classroom, center SO i was like the like THE ceo of the, center BECAUSE i was like the lead. Teacher SO i was ordering, SUPPLIES i was managing. Staff we had like two other people who work, there and SO i was managing like you know, What, hey something's wrong with the. Toilet you, know somebody go find a maintenance. Man so BECAUSE i chose experience over income in the, beginning it allowed me to learn and then to eventually go for WHERE i am. Now i'm making way, more got making way more now THAN i would have HAD i started off at the job that was going to start me off as way more because the skill sets THAT i learned at like WHERE i really wanted to be allowed me to basically build the life THAT i. Wanted, so you, know, money although it is, important it is not the only decider for what you want to do with your. Life and THAT i really tend to lean toward really collecting experiences and skills so you can live the life that you desire at the end of the, day you.
Speaker 2: Know and she didn't mention whether or not she's asked for. More and if you, haven't at least, Ask, yeah you never, know you never. Know it's, uh it's it's it's. NOT i, mean the worst they can do is say. No and you should ask for you should ask for more if you haven't. Yet good? Luck what DID i call? Her? Diana good Luck. Diana don't be so. HARD i mean twenty. Five, man WHEN i think about twenty, Five, yeah who? Knew you, know you never know where you're going. To five years is a long, time, honestly and you can you could do a lot in five. Years you never, know you never, know you never.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, okay we.
Speaker 2: HAVEN'T i want to do another quick career. Question this is from a listener Called. ALEXANDRA i don't think she's okay with me using her? Name, Okay, So alexandra, Says i'm so's the Podcast thank.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: So i'm twenty three years old AND i graduated from college Last. August right, NOW i work at an entry level job at A pr. Firm just last, WEEK i had a one on one meeting with my boss that left me in. Tears while in that, MEETING i realized THAT i wasn't passionate about WHAT i did and started to panic THAT i was never going to figure out what exactly it is THAT i wanted to do twenty, THREE i would love to have a job that allowed me to express my creativity through writing and social media and also inspire and help. Others BUT i feel like in today's, WORLD i have to be quote realistic and have a job that's more. Stable i'm not going to quit my job because it's my only source of. Income good. Idea so my question is how are you guys able to navigate the career world and do you have any tips for young person like?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 1: So what does she? Say she was like? Her her passion is what she what's something? Creative were she she's allowed to do what she?
Speaker 2: Says i'd love to have a job that allowed me to express my creativity through writing and social media and also inspire help. Others and right now she's working entry level at A pr.
Speaker 1: Firm i'm, like, girl you want TO i need somebody to help navigate this DreamCatcher group that social media helping others a.
Speaker 2: Real long wanting it for her.
Speaker 1: Email, yeah you're looking for a. JOB i, mean like it wouldn't be full, time But i'll say this that working and so this is just a good for everyone kind of listening. That one of the things That i'm noticing is from so many of my friends are, entrepreneurs and What i'm noticing is their their businesses are growing and they're starting to really, hire you, know not enough for you to like quit your job, higher but enough for you to have side income. Higher and What i've seen was my business is that because we're growing so, quickly that someone will have started off as an intern and then six months later not even like one of the, interns NOW i just offered, her you, know part time. Work and in the woman that she's taken the place off is because she's been bumped up and she's only been here six. Months and so What i'm seeing just like here at The budgetista is that people come in if they do a good, job within a few, months they're bumped up and they're bumped up and they're bumped. Up and you, know, NOW i mean there are people who started like my my executive assistant. Admin she was awesome as AN, admin but THEN i found out she had her master HER mba in. Accounting so now she's like OUR, cfo she's killing. It and NOW i just. Hired she was only here for a month BEFORE i realized she was, amazing And i'm, like why did you say? That so now she's been bumped up THE cfo AND i brought on a new executive admin and she's been with us with me for like three, weeks and so, looking you, KNOW i would look to join some of these like entrepreneur groups On facebook because you, know a lot of people's businesses are starting to do better and they're able to offer at least something on the. Side and you get to learn in a safe environment because when you work for a really small, company you get to see, everything you, Know so like the intern Yatals, hager all, right so when she first came, on she just got to shadow different people in our, company AND i was kind of, like, well when you're done, shadowing tell me what you like the. Most and you, Know i'm always looking for more help than we can just put you there and begin to pay, you and so it JUST i would really look to see if there were entrepreneurs who were just looking for people to help. Out, like LIKE i, SAID i, KNOW i, AM i know my inbox is gonna be. Flooded i'm, like, geez you know, what don't email me directly email me at budget meast the jobs at gmail dot, com Budget mesta jobs at gmail dot, com because that's WHERE i take, on like you, know and flush through people's resumes and. Stuff but, yeah that would be my. Suggestion Because i'm seeing so many of my. Friends you know what, happens we're all sharing the same. People like MY, Cfo i've shared her with two minch she's like THE cfo of three of my other friends. Businesses because it's so hard when you're an entrepreneur to find good. Help so when someone finds good, help they're, like who do you use to design your? Book my Friend hector designs somef for like all my. Friends, now because you run into so many people who are not a great fit or who don't. Produce so when you find, someone you pass them, around like you Want, hector who wants Some hector who wants Some rachel who wants for, real like and so it there's a lot of money in, it because SO i might, pay you, know Like, rachel but now she gets income from my Friend cabrale and my Friend, drina and my other Friend lovey and my friend you. Know so it's there's just a lot of money in helping entrepreneurs and that way you can get you get to also learn and be free and decide what it is that you really truly. Enjoy so that would be my.
Speaker 2: SUGGESTION i feel like What alexandria really needs is just a hug and like a glass of wine and just a reminder that you're only twenty. THREE i you, know you're NEVER i don't know if anyone wakes up one day and they're, LIKE i, MAN i really figured it, Out like this life thing IS i got a, lockdown because like you think you got your career figured, out and then your personal life falls at a, part or like your family life falls if something, happens LIKE i, think if you're expecting to have everything figured out this. Soon it's just you're just gonna end up. Disappointed but you're working before you're finding out what you don't. LIKE i, mean your first, job you're supposed to hate, it right like you're supposed. TO i, mean you're lucky if you love your first. Job AND i think you KNOW i was lucky to love my first, job although it lasted like two. Months but take this, time like learn what you can. Learn you're at A pr. FIRM i, MEAN i know you're probably just cranking out press, releases but you're getting experience and you're building up the resume that's going to get your next job that you're going to. Love just. HAVE i think you just got to adjust your mentality about what you're doing right. Now i'm really sorry that whatever meeting you have with your boss left you so, Upset but there's only so much you can do at this, Point like there's only. There it's just like the last question we, have where you're kind of putting this like unrealistic expectation on yourself to have everything to be exactly where you need to be and to see your whole career mapped. Out it's not careers aren't. Linear they don't have to be. Linear, yeah have to step from this one little this one little pebble, here and the go the next little. PEBBLE i, mean you can be jumping on you got to go jump back one step, left, right one, step two steps, forward one step, back like you never, know and you kind of have to be prepared and be resilient when you hit a wall like you're hitting right, now and just know that something will come. Along but you, know be looking for, opportunities Like tiffany, said join some, groups see if there's work with entrepreneurs, maybe or just see what other job listens are out. There start talking to other. People let them know that you're interested in doing what you just like you told us you want to do social, media creative. Writing start talking to, people let them. Know don't make it silent something only in your own, head because only then can people possibly help. You and when you, said she, SAID i feel LIKE i have to be realistic and have a job that's more. STABLE i know a lot of people who get paid to do social media and. Writing, like, Yeah i'm a, Writer LIKE i was a writer Now i'm an. Editor it's, Possible like you don't have to downplay. It it's not. Unrealistic it's not just because it sounds like. Fun some jobs can be fun.
Speaker 1: If that's all. Crazy BUT i can remember thinking that WHEN i was probably in my, twenties like, ooh like you, know if you're, right if it doesn't sound, serious then it might not must not, be like you don't have to relinquish fun as much as you, know LIKE i, stress you know sometimes about stuff THAT i do for The, BUDGETIZIA i would honestly say eighty five percent of the, time it's. Fun i'm having a good. TIME i work with a great, TEAM i get to help great. People you, know there's nothing is ever, perfect but you know it's. Fun and you like WHEN i talk, preschool WHAT i mean like LITERALLY i swung on, swings swings and eight snacks and took naps WHEN i wasn't supposed to for a. LIVING i used to be, like let me model for the. Children the best way to lay on this cot see look at Miss. Tiffany this is how you. Sleep but you can have fun and making. Money so don't think, that like take that word realistic out of your your. Vocabulary my marketing, partner he doesn't even live in a specific. Space he just turned. Thirty for the last eight years he's been traveling the world and living in different. Countries and how he makes his money is that he does marketing for. Brands so he's one of the people that help to take my brand from thirty thousand Dream catchers to four hundred and fifty thousand Dream catchers and so that's what he. Does he Does, facebook, Marketing, instagram all that kind of. Stuff so he also teaches classes and teaches people how to how to market their own. Businesses and so the money is so good in teaching and showing people how to do it that he's been able to hop from country to. Country and LIKE i, said so that doesn't seem, realistic but that's the life that he. Lives so you want to step outside the box and realize that there's money to be made and whatever your passion, is you just have to figure, out you, know what does that look. Like you, know that's WHY i just encourage you to like kind of hop around and help different people and see what you enjoy and you, know maybe take a little side internship or LIKE i, said reach out to different entrepreneurs and say, Hey i'd love to help you with, This like if you see an entrepreneur on social, media then you think is. Awesome you, know you might, say, hey you, Know i've got like three hours a, Week i'd love to help you with your social media BECAUSE i notice that this. Happens no one's going to say no to free labor for the most, part and you, know you might realize, like, WOW i really love, this and then from, there move, up move on up in their. Company you just never.
Speaker 2: Know just go for it and you'll be. OKAY i MEAN i remember my being twenty, three twenty four years old at law three sixty No, shade, great great, company not for. Me hated every minute of. It fifteen MONTHS i was in, hell but it all worked. OUT i MEAN i took that experience AND i pivoted. It and you can do the exact same. Thing so and talk to OTHER i think we're asking this question and like hopefully just hearing us share our experiences and talk to you about it hopefully makes you feel, Better like talk to your, girlfriends talk to other people because you're not alone and like being unhappy with where you're, At but you can either let it like bring you down to like a pit of negativity where you, know you're kind of just like you know those people who just like kind of get trapped in the negative spiral and they hate their, job hate their. Lives you're going to walk into an interview with that negative energy and they're going to feel it like you need. To you need, to LIKE i, said change the, mentality start thinking about it from a positive for, Like, okay try that didn't. Work we can learn something from, it And i'll find something better and move forward with that different. Mentality optimistic and hopeful because you have so much time and you'll be.
Speaker 4: Fine yeah, right that questions.
Speaker 1: Question'all it's time for, win, win, win no matter. What so this is not so much a. Win remember we used to do like book. Suggestions, yeah so this is more like a. Suggestion so our podcast is. AWESOME i never was a big podcast listener other than, ours and like the read BECAUSE i like shading this sometimes on the. Side But i've been listening to this podcast That i'm like freaking in love with and it's Called HOW I Built? This have you?
Speaker 2: Listened do you listen to? Me WHEN i, Yo i'm, upty you cannot. Connect let that go. BY i literally have mentioned that, podcast like the last five. Episodes you know what's so crazy is? That like you heard that from? Me that's why you listen to? IT i probably, Did and why you downloaded? It, yeah BECAUSE i said, downloaded and then you and a bunch of our listeners downloaded.
Speaker 1: It can't you know what's so? Bad like literally TODAY i was like looking in the. MIRROR i was, like, tivioty do you have all type Erst like it's time to be honest with. Yourself. YO i have the worst, Memory. MAGGIE i can't remember. Anything But i'm honestly the only reason WHY i THINK i don't have all time meers is Because i've been like this literally since like fifth sixth. GRADE i could just you, know like remember my best friends say, It, tippy you don't remember, Anything So i'm pretty SURE i. Don't and my dad's the same, way and he's in his. Seventies So i'm, like, well maybe it's just LIKE i. Was AND i had a feeling.
Speaker 2: TOO i was, like tell me how much you love?
Speaker 1: It go?
Speaker 2: AHEAD i love HOW i got.
Speaker 1: This oh my, god so thank you. MAN i was, like where DID i get?
Speaker 2: This crowd cannot if you don't listen to, me who Will.
Speaker 1: I've Been i've been known to retell a, story like a juicy story to the.
Speaker 2: SHOW i, KNOW i edit the. Show i'm, like gir.
Speaker 1: Got some, tea And andrina would be, like you, Know i'm the one who told you, that ye, Story like you're twisting. It i'm, like, oh well, fine they took. ANYWAY i love. IT i just listened to the one about the guy who Started Power. Rangers oh, yeah that was a good. One it was UNTIL i did a little bit more research about, him And i'm, Like yank's not the nicest, guy but it was a really Good really you kind of.
Speaker 2: Get the sense that a lot of the CEOs in their company have a troubled. Past they Had rent The runway, ceo And rent The runway had some bad press a while, ago you, do and like The Whole FOOD ceo they had some bad, press like they had the lift people on, There LIKE i don't, KNOW i, Agree LIKE i think a few of them are like.
Speaker 3: Questionable, Yeah you're like it's, no but it's What power just.
Speaker 1: GOT i was, like, uh some of the sounds like that you were a little, Predatory BUT i mean it was just, great just to LIKE i always learned some big aha moment Where i'm just, like, oh you know that was genius and thinking about things in a different. Way and so, yeah SO i just wanted to give like a not really a, win but more of A i don't, KNOW i guess Now i'm, like oh, Wait and now That mandy's mentioned at fifth, time well this is time number. Six HOW i built? This they, do Because i'm just, like, Wait i'm, like one day we'll be on, there like HOW i built This Brown Ambition. Edition but, yeah it's an awesome. Podcast it's my favorite and it's my new Favorite Washington dishes.
Speaker 2: Podcast, excellent well news news to all, us.
Speaker 1: Love.
Speaker 2: You so my win is. Original it is sorry that sounded, waste snattiest THING i wanted it. To And i'm working on my, tone you, Guys i'm working on my. Tone so my wind was just REALLY i didn't watch the VMA's at, all BUT i did SEE i Love. Pink i've Loved pink Since pink was like AN r AND b. SINGER i Love. Pink she's like my guilty pleasure pop. Singer but, anyway she won The Video Vanguard award at THE VMAs AND i just actually didn't even watch her, performance BUT i saw her speech was getting a lot of, coverage SO i watched her speech and it was really it was really. Beautiful it was about how her little, girl she's a. Daughter she was, like, oh she looks about six or seven years, old has like shorter, hair and has like boyish, features and was telling her mom that she was the ugliest girl that she. Knew And pink had a really sweet story of how she told her. That you, KNOW i, mean if you See, pink Like pink has shaved head and, like you, know it has always been like kind of against the, grain and SHE i don't, Know so if you're feeling bad about yourself or you have a little girl or little, DAUGHTER i KNOW i have little nieces and cousins and, stuff AND i just want to put them in a bubble and protect them from the. World but it was a really, sweet sweet mommy daughter's. Speech so go watch. It you don't have to watch the VMA's as shared in, it BECAUSE i don't know how ANYWAY i, know but that speech was.
Speaker 1: Good, yeah so w and you, KNOW i don't Know. Alzheimer we could Have alzheimer moments.
Speaker 2: Also we need to talk. About is it alzheimer Or. Alzheimer's you're on The. Alzheimer's you're in The alzheimer's, club.
Speaker 1: RIGHT i don't have, DIABETES i have sugar. ALZHEIMER i got the.
Speaker 2: Sugar oh my.
Speaker 1: Goodness well that's, it, folks that's, all, folks