Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast.
Speaker 2: Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty arm Strong and Jetty and know He Armstrong and Jetty.
Speaker 3: I'm here a Jurassic World used to be Jurassic Park. It was just informed that it's no, it's dressing World. Actually, you seem to be moving dinosaurs all over the globe. Seems like a pretty bad idea. You think that they've learned from their past mistakes. What about in the nineties when Theresaurs friends stropping through San Diego? It where what.
Speaker 2: Will California learn? Wow?
Speaker 4: That's a good Tucker Carlson personation by a comedian.
Speaker 2: Wow Wow, Well the laugh gets a lot of attention.
Speaker 4: But to start the beginning, I mean, I really like play that the beginning part again, I'm here in Jurassic World.
Speaker 3: He used to be Jurrassic Park. It was just important that it's no, it's dressing World, Ashley.
Speaker 4: So that sort of thing there that he does all the time. Just you know, the powers that be have done something wrong. We all know that's wrong. But I won't explain tint at it. We'll all nod yes, yes. Jeffrey Epstein the Israelis. Yes, Jurassic World, now, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good. I went to coming up.
Speaker 1: If you're a special interest or you're a powerful person in California and you want something from the government, what you do is you write a giant check to Gavin Newsom's wife's charity and then Gavin will do whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for the details. He laughed. I laughed.
Speaker 4: So I went to the Jurassic movie with my thirteen year old and he has crossed into the age of four teenager doom like his brother, which hadn't happened until very recently, which is good, you know, ultimately, but you don't want him to have the attitude of a little kid the rest of their lives.
Speaker 2: But he wanted to go to the Jurassic movies. Really into that.
Speaker 4: He's really into dinosaurs, all that sort of stuff. He had a kid he was hoping would go to the movie with him, but that kid was on vacation. The movie came out, he needed to see it the first week, so he was willing to go with me. So we went to the Jurassic movie Friday night together. We get there, he's sitting there, there's a lot of kids in the theater. He said, Dad, it's going to be really embarrassing if anybody sees me sitting with my dad. Could you sit somewhere else? And I said sure, that's fine because I wasn't thrilled about watching the Jurassic movie anyway. I don't I don't go to movies really at all, and I certainly don't go to dinosaur movies.
Speaker 1: So I said, yeah, see, I love the idea of the dinosaur movie plays giant lizards running the rough shot across the landscape eating people.
Speaker 2: Love that idea.
Speaker 4: So I got up, going to a different seat, walked out of the theater and went next door and had a burrito.
Speaker 2: Which was absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 4: And I sat there and I had my burrito by myself, a nice quiet reading my phone while I was eating my burrito. And then I went back in and caught the last part of the movie and he said, what did you think of it? I thought, yeah, it was dinosaurs or something, which I assume is a good That's all for I just I cannot handle formulaic movies. I never really liked them, but I've reached a point where I just can't do it. Just I'm amazed that they still make so much money that you all like them. I mean, it's the same plot all of these movies all the time. They have the scientist, geeky guy who the girl eventually falls for, and then you got kind of the schlubby dude, often played by Jack Black, but not in this case. This is kind of corny and has funny Joe. Just it's the same characters and every one of these freaking movies, and they have the same conversations that I just can't.
Speaker 2: Do it right.
Speaker 1: Well, some people I read about this, and I was super curious about this, because, just by way of illustration, I convinced my wife we should rent on the streaming the new Wes Anderson movie. Wes Anderson, if you know him, you love him? Rushmore, Moonlight, Serenade?
Speaker 2: Was that the name of a movie?
Speaker 1: Just the Hotel Budapest is just brilliant artists. He makes art movies and I love him dryly hilariously surreal movies.
Speaker 2: The Royal Tembombs was him right, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, he's got a great list of very quirky movies.
Speaker 2: But you love him or you don't get them.
Speaker 1: And my beloved bride, my favorite human being Unearthed just doesn't get Wes Anderson. She's like, I'm really glad you're enjoying this so much.
Speaker 2: I don't get it. She likes that formulaic stuff.
Speaker 1: So I was extra interested in understanding that there are there's a substantial chunk of humanity that finds it comforting that in the chaos and stress of the world and life and death and disease and hopes realized and hopes dashed, it's comforting. It's like my favorite Beatles song.
Speaker 4: So it's the familiarity that people like, yeah, oh god, that's interesting.
Speaker 2: Okay, I guess that kind of makes sense.
Speaker 4: It is so off putting to me, but for a majority of people it's like this is I can relax. I know exactly what these characters are. I know it's gonna happen. I know nothing bad is going to happen to any of the people I like in this movie. That guy there, who's a jerk through the whole movie is gonna get it coming.
Speaker 2: And he does.
Speaker 4: Trinosaurus thing bites him in half, his arm comes off, rips is pearl, Argon's right out of his belly.
Speaker 2: Spoiler alert. If you're a moron.
Speaker 4: And didn't think the guy who was rude to the girl was gonna end up getting eaten by a dinosaur and all the people you like are gonna be fine.
Speaker 2: I just again, do you like that? You like that? I guess like here's the scene.
Speaker 1: It's funny you you were at understanding for like three seconds then went right back to contempt.
Speaker 2: Am I wrong, Katie?
Speaker 5: No, that's I'm actually loving how upset jacket.
Speaker 4: Here's here's the scene that I just can't stand. I've seen this like seventy times in my life. I think it was in one of the superhero movies I saw recently, and it does I hope I can portray this well enough. You got somebody he's trying to solve the pressure situation. Yeah, like, and he's on he's working on calculations, or he's on the trying to do something, and somebody says, we.
Speaker 2: Just got a call. I don't have time for.
Speaker 4: That right now. Or you're gonna want to take this call. This better be good? That scenett. Yeah, I'm in the middle of solving this major problem that is a plot point for this movie. You're gonna want to take this call.
Speaker 2: All right? But this better be good. And it's a.
Speaker 1: Major plot point, sir, It's a new one that's really gonna change the arc of the story better.
Speaker 2: Taking it makes me.
Speaker 4: Want to die seeing that for the seventieth time in a movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I know, I'm like you. Who's that four?
Speaker 5: I'm picturing that line running in a movie in a theater and you going.
Speaker 2: That's it? What is rhyme? On? And stand up? What is wrong with you people? Is that a new thing for you? This thing that just happened to the movie.
Speaker 4: Haven't you seen the seventy times in your life?
Speaker 1: I love this idea of a movie where a guy walks in and he says, Hi, I'm Joe Jones. I'm the charming, good liking fellow who will be slowly revealed as being evil. Then you'll be glad when I get my come upp and nice to meet you, mister Jones, says the other character, Right right, just go ahead and spell it out.
Speaker 4: I'm want to stand up, jesseph ber How is this suspenseful for you? Nothing's gonna happen to these people.
Speaker 1: I'm the glamorous current girl and who will reveal to be a controlling bitch.
Speaker 2: Oh that's funny.
Speaker 1: I'm the girl next door type whose heart is true and I will end up with the hero.
Speaker 2: Good to meet you. These two people that are.
Speaker 4: Falling for each other aren't gonna get eaten by a dinosaur.
Speaker 2: How are you worried about this? Oh?
Speaker 1: See, that's what I want. I want a dinosaur movie that's more realistic.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: You just never know when the slashing fangs of antiquity are gonna remove a major character's head, just like in real life.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 4: Scarlett Johanson's head gets bit off halfway through. Now clean off, twist right, but the scientists have fallen for and she kind of thinks he's cute. And no, no, she got her head bit clear. No no, the tear Exo song green ate her head off. What do you not care about that?
Speaker 1: The dinosaur doesn't care who's in love with whom?
Speaker 2: Idiots? The next move you go to Jackie.
Speaker 5: You just got to stand up in the middle of the crowd and look back at him and just start expressing your displeasure.
Speaker 2: Lecture them motor to work so.
Speaker 4: We can are up the spaceship and get out of here.
Speaker 2: Sir, we've got somebody on the phone. I don't have time for that right now, you're gonna want to take this call.
Speaker 4: It better be good and the acting in that do I need to have any talent to act in that scene.
Speaker 7: Much?
Speaker 4: I head want to explode, right, I've said my piece.
Speaker 2: You really so I go, okay.
Speaker 4: You find it comforting that the good people don't die and the jerk dies and that's good?
Speaker 2: And people clapped at the end. I want to say, what is wrong with you? Why are you clapping? This is the same.
Speaker 4: Movie as the previous seven, with different cgi ah people.
Speaker 2: I'd like to introduce you to doctor Smith.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 1: I'm the secondary character who will help the heroes, but I'm not important enough that I can't be sacrificed, so I'll be eating in about fifteen minutes of screen time, Doctor Smith.
Speaker 2: Dr Smith.
Speaker 5: People are clappic the end of the movie, and Jack his blood pressure is triple digits on both sides.
Speaker 4: What is wrong with you? How do you clap for this? S? I wish dinosaurs would eat you been now that would be exciting. I mean, I didn't even get to my other story of my son and his boy scout camp. Maybe I'll get to that later or tomorrow or whenever. Some more we'll get to later this hour, not next. But Trump, as he usually does when he makes an announcement, it takes questions, It goes on and on, and more details came out about weapons systems were given to Ukraine, so we got the latest on that a little bit later.
Speaker 2: And there was the thing you mentioned.
Speaker 1: If you need the California government to do something for you, you just.
Speaker 2: Bribe the governor's wife.
Speaker 1: Did I say bribe, I mean contribute scads of money to her charity.
Speaker 2: Awesome? That's next.
Speaker 3: Next month, Jake Tapper will receive something called the truth Seekers Award. In other news, Joy Behart just got a Playboy centerfold.
Speaker 1: Wow, inappropriate, I think, is what he means.
Speaker 4: Well, if that's true, doesn't make sense? Is the key there? I wouldn't expect that the truth Seekers Award? Oh my god, Yeah, I know, all right, when that's sickening.
Speaker 2: When that happens, we'll talk about it, I'm sure. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I love this. The Free Beacon with some great coverage. They mentioned that Gaviy Newsome, the governor of kell Unicornea, doesn't typically get involved in disputes between rival Native American tribes, but that changed last year when Newsom used his office to try to block a small tribe from opening a casino in northern California. In fact, in twenty August of twenty four, Newsom's office sent a letter on his behalf to the Biden Interior Department, urging it to reject a seven hundred million dollar proposed casino project north of San Francisco by the Koi Nation, a tribe with fewer.
Speaker 2: Than one hundred members. Wow.
Speaker 1: Biden administration approved the project anyway, So in May, Newsom sued the Trump administration in a last ditch effort to block the Coi Nation's casino.
Speaker 2: What the heck is going.
Speaker 4: On the whole Indian Tribe casino thing. I can't believe that still is existing in its current form.
Speaker 2: Forget about it.
Speaker 1: Should Newsom get his way, it would be a major win for the Federated Indians of Gratton Rancheria, a major California political donor which operates its own gambling compound close to the proposed site, which broke ground on a billion dollar expansion, a one billion dollar expansion in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 4: All under the all of this driven by originally the idea that well white people lied to the Indians and force them off their land. So we're going to help them rebuild by letting them have casinos, but then everything after that go sideway.
Speaker 2: Absolutely true.
Speaker 1: A somewhat different story, But back to Gavi Newsome, a little known California government disclosure database may shed some light on why exactly Newsom's so enthusiastic at quashing those evil Quite Nation people. In April of twenty four, a few months before Newsom sent his letter to the Biden Interior Department, the Democratic governor requested Gratton Rancheria contribute half a million dollars to his wife's charity, the California Partners Project, and they did.
Speaker 4: Wow, he requested, even, hey, that's a full.
Speaker 2: On shakedown there.
Speaker 1: And in April of this year, one month before Newsom filed his lawsuit against the Trump administration, he again asked Gratton Rancheria to contribute another half million dollars to his wife's charity. The tried cut those checks, specifically at Newsom's request, According to California's Behested payments database, which discloses whether whenever state elected officials request others to make donations on their behalf. Now I'm kind of glad that database exists, because I'll bet a lot of this stuff went on for a long time now. The Free Beacon says that data does not show an explicit quid pro quo between Newsome and the big Indian crime.
Speaker 4: Well, which is why you can get away with it, because you can't prove that that it's It's just a coincidence they donated to my wife's charity and not I did him a solid because I don't like that other Indian tribe.
Speaker 1: Ken Arnold, executive director of the Foundation for Accountability and Civic Trust watchdog group, said any reasonable objective person would conclude this looks horrid. Of course, that happens, and it is hardly the first time Gavey has taken action to benefit donors just after he secured their contributions to charities connected to him and his wife.
Speaker 2: According to a Free Beacon review of this.
Speaker 1: Website, uh they get into more of the details on that Newsom's wife, Jennifer Siebel Newsom, does not take a salary from the California Partners Project, but it works closely with her government office and serves an integral role in her efforts to force gender equity and private corporate boards. And remember she is a big time movie producer of educational films of woke themes in schools, including DEI and gender bending, madness and that sort of thing.
Speaker 4: Now, I don't know if she's doing this, but oftentimes the whole they don't take a salary. You don't take a salary, but you drive a car that the particular entity pays four et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 1: And you travel and you eat and drink, etc. Newsom has performed other political favors. After behesting contributions from companies within with business in a state September of twenty four, he'd behest today twenty five thousand dollars contribution from CVS. At the same time, the pharmacy giant lobby Newsom's office against the bill that would have cracked down on pharmacy benefit managed another coincidence.
Speaker 2: I know it's crazy.
Speaker 1: CVS cut its check to the California Protocol Foundation, a charity that pays for Newsom's out of state.
Speaker 2: And overseas travel.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's not a bribe at all, paying for his travel, that's just a contribution.
Speaker 2: Then Knewsom veto the bill a few weeks later.
Speaker 4: Of course, everybody involved with this would say to someone like, you know, maybe you the listener us would.
Speaker 2: Say, grow up, jeez, grow up, you children. How do you think this works?
Speaker 1: Newsom is behested nearly six million dollars to the California Protocol Foundation from private corporation such as CVS and activist groups with business interests in California since he became governor in twenty nineteen, and he's put the funds to good use. In January of twenty for instance, Protocol Foundation gifted nine grand to Newsom so he could represent the state of California at the Super Bowl in Miami.
Speaker 2: Wow, there's so much goodness California was represented. How much disgusting stuff goes on it's mining? Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Okay, So what did was Trump's big announcement about Ukraine Today? We're starting to figure it out. We've got some of his words for you.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: Any review that Vladimir Puttins could not clarify his intention to a peace deal?
Speaker 2: And what happens now in the next phase is there and we're going.
Speaker 8: To go for a period of time. Maybe you'll start to go share and I think we felt. I felt I don't know about you, Mark, but I felt that we had a deal about four times. And here we are still talking about it.
Speaker 4: So that's Donald Trump in the Oval office with the guy who runs NATO, uh saying I thought we had a deal four times.
Speaker 1: With fool me once, shame on me. You fool me twice, shame on me, fool me three times, shame on who? How about four times?
Speaker 4: I guess fill me four times? And I finally come out and say, I think Putin's a liar, and you start doing things like severe tariffs. If no deal in fifty days, why fifty days?
Speaker 2: Well? Trump was asked, why.
Speaker 3: Are you giving fifty more days?
Speaker 2: I think the well, I think it's a period of time. I think they'll forget.
Speaker 8: I've just really been involved in this and not very long, and it wasn't initial focus. This is again, this is a Biden war. This is a Democrat who're not a Republican or Trump war. This is a war that would have never happened.
Speaker 2: It shouldn't have happened. A lot of people being killed.
Speaker 6: When the.
Speaker 8: Final numbers come in, you're going to see a lot more people are being killed.
Speaker 2: In this war.
Speaker 8: Than than you think, than you've been writing about.
Speaker 4: I don't know about that, because the numbers are horrific if you've been paying attention and have been for three years, And why you need fifty more days. Last week was the worst week in terms of drones and missiles and everything for Ukraine in the entire war, And why you'd get fifty more days of doing that before you finally hit him, I don't understand.
Speaker 1: My guess is because you know, he mentioned I haven't been on this deal for very long. It's been six months in like a week. My guess is he is still clinging to the hope that he can get a deal out of Putin. I mean, obviously why. I mean because he's four times he thought he had a deal. Allegedly. He finally wakes up the other day, says Putin. He's surprised a lot of people. He's given us bull ass. He talks pretty, but it's bullss. Therefore, if he doesn't come around in fifty days, we're gonna hit him with some real sanctions.
Speaker 2: I don't get that.
Speaker 4: I don't need either, but I'm happy that they are sending weaponry to Ukraine, like Patriot missiles and Trumpe's asked about that.
Speaker 7: Will these be Patriot missiles specifically, or Patriot batteries that you're planning, and when you when.
Speaker 8: You're everything Patriots solid, it's a full compliment with the batteries when you expect, well, we're going to have some come very soon, within days.
Speaker 4: Actually, I think that's pretty significant Patriots lots of them, whole battery within.
Speaker 2: Days, So that's pretty helpful.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm. Maybe that gets Putin's attention.
Speaker 1: I don't know one more clip, if I might request, it's seventy eight.
Speaker 6: I speak to them a lot about getting this thing done, and I always hang up and say, well, that was a nice phone call. And then missiles launched into Kiev as some of the city.
Speaker 2: I said, strange.
Speaker 6: And after that happens three or four times, you say the talk doesn't mean anything. My conversations with them are always very pleasant. I say, is that really lovely conversation?
Speaker 2: And then the missiles go off.
Speaker 6: That night, I go home, I tell a first lady and I spoke to Vladimir today. We had a wonderful conversation. She said, oh really, uh another city was just hit. So it's like, look he's uh. I don't want to say he's an assassin, but he's a tough guy. It's been proven over the years.
Speaker 8: He's fooled a lot of people.
Speaker 2: He fooled Bush, he fooled a lot of people.
Speaker 6: He fooled Clinton, Bush, Obama, Biden.
Speaker 4: He did fool me, true, he did fool all those people. I don't know how he fooled them either, but uh wow, I'm making my squinty face over that one.
Speaker 1: He didn't fool you except those four times you thought you had a deal and you did.
Speaker 4: Or you're explaining to us how Putin's a bad guy, Like we don't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we know, like everybody knows, it's an odd blind spot for a very practical guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're going through the possibilities on this earlier, Like, how do you explain that Trump is not a dumb guy at all? And in certainly, I gotta believe in terms.
Speaker 2: Of reading human beings, he's.
Speaker 4: Got to be like at the very highest level of that throughout his life.
Speaker 2: I would agree, Yeah, I think could it be.
Speaker 1: You know, he made the claim I could solve this in twenty four hours now he's said, look, clearly that was sarcasm, hyperbole, I just meant I could solve it.
Speaker 2: The reality might be you can't solve it at all.
Speaker 1: It's unsolvable, and that I think would be a serious blow to his self.
Speaker 2: Conception is ego.
Speaker 4: Do you think that we in Europe can make this ugly enough for Russia that they'll quit?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh, we'd have to go a long, long way, and I think Europe's willing to.
Speaker 2: They're willing to do whatever they have to do. Man, Oh, where this is headed? More to come on that story. If you weren't listening at the time.
Speaker 1: The lines are frozen more or less the front lines because there's so many drones in the air. If anybody so much as you know, comes out of their fox hole and walks fifty yards, a drone sees them and kills them. So it's practically impossible to get an offensive going.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 4: Enough of that, Well, we mentioned last week how Russia had taken out one of Ukraine's top spies there on the streets at Kiev. I don't know if you saw those videos, but guy and T shirt and shorts runs up to super spy there in Kiev who's just walking down the street in front of his apartment complex. Shoots him five times, sticks a gun in his pants, and runs off. Well, there was a reaction to that from Ukraine, not surprisingly.
Speaker 2: Let me find that for you.
Speaker 4: Pretty good story on how they found owned that dude and someone else.
Speaker 2: Where my notes on this. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I gave him a stern talking to, gave him a stern talking to, and then that's how it ended.
Speaker 2: I can't find minutes. Sorry.
Speaker 4: Anyway, they found the dude and an accomplice in their apartment and said, while being questioned, they resisted and we had to kill them. Oh okay, in the midst of a war. I imagine you you don't worry too much about the.
Speaker 2: No no indeed, so they found them and killed them pretty quickly.
Speaker 4: I wanted to tell briefly this story about dropping my son off at boy Scouts yesterday. I continue to be amazingly impressed by the whole Boy Scouts. I guess it's just supposed to be called Scouting America now because girls are involved too. Not very many, but there are some Scouting call it whatever you want, and maybe they changed the name back someday. Hello, I don't know. I'm highly impressed by the organization on every level except for their paperworking websites, which is partially because they got the Jesus suit out of them a couple of years ago, you know, that whole scandal and then got lots of lawyers involved. And now the amount of paperwork that is involved in scouting is insane.
Speaker 2: I mean, you.
Speaker 4: Can't even imagine. It's like buying a house every camp. It's just crazy hours and hours. Just last week I spent on paperworking websites hours.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: It's something anyway, not their fault, that has nothing to do with it. The organization is absolutely fantastic and one of the things I didn't know about it that I've really come to appreciate is how it's kid led. Parents are there, you know, to oversee and if anything came up. I mean, you can't just send a bunch of kids out into the wilderness on their owns, on their own for obvious reasons, but the parents, just the leaders just stay back and kids take care of it. And you go through the ranks and you climb the ladder of authority by proving yourself and end up in positions of.
Speaker 2: Being in charge.
Speaker 4: And the way I've seen some of these fourteen year old fifteen year old, sixteen year old kids taking charge of these things is so incredibly impressive. I mean it would have been impressive years ago, but in this modern era where I know twenty five year olds who can't do that, I mean, it's really something and just absolutely love it. Like we got to the camp and there are kids out there with the clipboards and everything like that, and you know, hey, who you here with? Okay, well you go down there and you park there and you drop this off and everything like that. And then I get down there and then there was some kid that came to our group and he looked like he was fourteen years old, and he said, who's the PSO. I think that's the INITIALS, which is the patrol Scout Organizer or something like that. See, whoever, who's PSO here?
Speaker 2: I am? How many scouts you got? How many adults? Fourteen? Three? Okay? You over there? You over there?
Speaker 4: And it's just it's amazing lot these kids behave this way and what it reminded me of and we all should know. And I'm a victim of this or a victim. I'm a perpetrator of this as much as anybody, unfortunately is. Kids can grow to the responsibility. They're given in a way that we seem to have lost in this country. And you know, you give them the opportunity and they can grow into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't need them working in a mercury factory at age eight, like it's Dikenzie in London. But we've gone so far in the other direction, like infantalizing them until they're twenty five.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's the it's the polar opposite of the adults in charge of every aspect of a lot.
Speaker 2: Of youth sports. For instance, I love it.
Speaker 4: As opposed to you know, when you used to if you're old, this happened back in the day. You get some of your friends and go have a game and your bases were squashed popcans or whatever that you just put out. There are random distances and you made up the rules as you went, and that sort of thing just does not exist anymore. Yeah, and parents warn everything. And just to see that all these kids in charge like that, it was just it was something to watch. And there are four hundred kids there and so many cars and unloading stuff and loading them on boats and taking them there and getting everything, and it was the kids running everything is I was so impressed by it.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's so cool. I love hearing that.
Speaker 1: I know, I know not to turn it bitter, but I love the idea of the kids proving themselves, earning respect, climbing ladder, a true meritocracy as opposed to I don't know, some other belief systems, or it's whoever makes the most impassioned speech or whoever claims the greatest grievance. They are given the floor, they are given the respect.
Speaker 2: Not in my world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I gotta Watching that yesterday reminded me I gotta do better with my kids of you know, allowing them to grow into responsibility and everything like that.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 4: I saw that a lot as a kid working. I know it had a big effect on me getting into working with adults and being treated like an adult and being expected to act like an adult from age fourteen on. Yeah, and I worked with guys who were fifteen years old. You couldn't have told them. There was no way to tell them from a thirty year old in terms of their ability to like just be in charge of things.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Likewise, well, that's a great deal of the media is controversy, click bait. There's plenty controversial and there are plenty of things to bring to your attention that are kind of outragey or controversial, but there's no coverage of what you just were describing, of how notable that is and important that is. So for all of the sins or whatever. Scouting absolutely worth your support. Boys and girls clubs, big fan of them. Helping kids develop the tools to get themselves good lives. Not put them on the freaking government dole. Give them the skill sets they need. You know, those organizations, friends, you love America, you love kind of traditional values. Look into those organizations and support them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, either financially or the parents. Seeing a lot of parents a lot of hours like youth sports and other things, a lot a lot of I mean just underappreciated but absolutely one hundred percent necessary. Parents putting a lot of time in. I did nine hours of driving yesterday, not near as much time as a lot of the other people. Anyway, we'll finish strong next. Why didn't I buy in video stock company that makes the super cool chips for AI, which is now a four trillion dollar company. It's blown by Apple, Google, Tesla, some of the other biggest stocks in the world. And if I'd have got in the first time, I said, why didn't I buy in video stock?
Speaker 2: I would have been very very happy.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry an interrupt, but Michael, could you bring a towel in here please. I just saw a video of a demonstration of the state of the art robot soldier and I wet.
Speaker 2: Myself, so I would appreciate the help. Oh Lord, oh Lord.
Speaker 1: Probably using the chips I was just talking about, you know, yeah, probably so. Honestly, it's funny. I came across the video through an article about an editorial that, interestingly enough, was in one of the Chinese big newspapers that is approved of by the Communist Party, and it was a bunch of researchers expressing their concerns about the ethical and legal research into robot soldiers, and again the fact that it was published in Chinese Communists you know, publications I find intriguing and something I'd like to learn more about. But an op ed by these three researchers in the People's Liberal Liberation Army Daily warned that faulty robots could lead to quote, indiscriminate killings and accidental death, which would inevitably result in legal charges and moral condemnation and They pointed out that these kill bots if you will, violate various of Isaac Asimov's three Laws of robotics, the first of which is a robot may not injure a human being or through an action, allow a human being to come to harm.
Speaker 2: Well, those what did you say?
Speaker 4: There are those moral recriminations will really do me a lot of good when the robot armies are sweeping across the plains.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're really worried about the things just won't stop when they ought to stop, and will indiscriminately kill when set loose, to rampage across wherever they're set loose. Yeah, I share your concern, especially after watching that video.
Speaker 7: I'm strong. I'm strong. You're ready, Katie Green, I'm strong.
Speaker 4: Post that video or send it to me or something I want to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll put it up at Armstrong and geeddy dot com under hot links.
Speaker 4: Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew.
Speaker 1: To wrap up the show, there is technical director Michael Angelow to lead us off.
Speaker 2: Michael, Yeah, teach your kids responsibility.
Speaker 5: Let him grow the next time there's a thunderstorm and there's a hole in the roof and is leaking.
Speaker 2: Have him get a meadow.
Speaker 5: Ladder out of the garage, get up on the roof and patch that hole.
Speaker 1: Responsibility, Let you gain confidence up there. That's right, Katie Green are esteemed to us woman. As a final thought, Katie.
Speaker 5: Speaking of responsibility, I have way too much of it today. I have like three appointments and I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Go to any of it.
Speaker 2: Adulting so tiring. Jack. Final thought shopping for a cheap crappy car.
Speaker 4: Haven't done it many many years, But my my son's about to turn driving age, and so it's time to get back into the world of shopping for cheap crappy cars.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I haven't done it in such a long time. It's kind of its own funny, little niche thing. Yeah, go for a good safe one thought. You know, airbags, et cetera. Can you buy a car without air bags? I don't know how old would you have to go?
Speaker 1: Probably not? I don't know, model t probably. My final thought is, and again we'll post this video. These guys who are testing these robots shove it. They beat it with heavy sticks. They do everything they can. You can't knock it over and it keeps firing accurately.
Speaker 4: It's like the Winter Soldier, like the Bucky the super Soldier from the Marvel Lobbies.
Speaker 2: A lot like that. Oh that's frightening.
Speaker 4: Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 1: So many people, thanks, so a little time go to Armstrong and Getty dot com.
Speaker 2: We will see tomorrow. God bless America. I'm Strong and Getty. That's made in heaven under on the crazy meat. We're all better off and we're working together and everyone knows that. Okay, so let's go with a bang.
Speaker 1: You know, I'd rather swim in a pool filled with the boiling hot, sulfurous urine of Satan and say this phrase.
Speaker 2: That's quite a phrase right there that I notes. Bye bye, Armstrong and Getty