Speaker 1: From Hollywood to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to US Air on Air with a Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 3: One A two point seven kiss FM Seacrest. Maya, She's just gonna get right into Maya. My has been holding that's why, thanks Maya, Oh Seacrest, Maya. Maya's on the line.
Speaker 4: Eight.
Speaker 3: Take a look at your screen, guys, eight to see you seacrets you want to see out of the back room, Maya? Or did you already? Hello? You probably did already because they put you on hold. Who did you speak with to put you on hold?
Speaker 5: Maya?
Speaker 1: Oh god?
Speaker 6: I what about her name? Why would you do this?
Speaker 3: Because I want to make sure that our guest services are up to par Okay, it was up to pr my How was your experience.
Speaker 1: With the back room?
Speaker 6: I'd say six and a half.
Speaker 3: A little quality control here? What could we do better? What could we do to make the first few seconds of your call better?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 8: How was your day?
Speaker 9: How was your day going?
Speaker 3: Constructive criticism back? You guys are rushy ruy.
Speaker 6: She didn't give a damn Oh.
Speaker 3: Fire guys, quality controls second?
Speaker 10: But for the back room right now?
Speaker 3: Well, Maya, maybe you'll get called that next time. Okay, let's go. So what can we do to help?
Speaker 6: Okay, So one of my friends from the East Coast, she was recently, came to visit me. The visit was totally unprompted. I had no idea she was coming, but I was super excited, you know, I've been working. Kind of happy to see an old friend. But I didn't know she was coming. So she came on Friday morning, and then she left Monday morning. That Friday, I didn't take off of work. You know, she didn't give me notice she was coming, so I didn't take off of work, and I had, honestly the biggest meeting with this client. They've been super picky, so I could not not do the meeting, you know what I mean. So I worked from home on Friday, so I figured it wasn't that big of a deal. Anyway, I was able to welcome her when she came. But as soon as she came, like you know, I had cinnamon rolls and stuff like that, But as soon as she came, I had to go into my home office and work. But this is the weird part. So now that a few weeks have gone by, she she kind of let me know that she was upset that I didn't take off work that first day, and she thinks it was rude, and you know, she came to visit me and she had to stay in the house. So I just wanted to get your guys' opinion on the situation, right, Like I'm already stressed out with work and stuff like that. And it wasn't like I didn't tell her where to go, like this is a good place to go for lunch.
Speaker 3: I mean, put this in your terms, because we heard that your experience with Ruby was a six and a half on a scale of one to ten. I did not answer the phone. Who answered the phone? It was me? I heard Ruby, she said, thought somebody said Ruby, So Michayla was a six point five. I stand corrected. Anyway, The point is, on a scale of one to ten, how would you rank your friendship closeness with this friend because she sounds like a lot of work.
Speaker 7: Good question.
Speaker 6: You know, our friendship has been pretty good, I say, I mean I don't it's it's been pretty good, like honestly, but pretty good?
Speaker 3: Is it five?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: What is pretty good? On a one to ten?
Speaker 6: It's like an eight point five?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's pretty good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, considering, you.
Speaker 3: Know, but okay, where's your friend now? Is she gone?
Speaker 6: Yeah, she's back in New York.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I think that, I mean, we're we're kind of past it. But I just think that that's a lot for your friend to ask you to be off work. You got to get your stuff done, and you had cinnamon.
Speaker 10: Butts and you had no notice.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I guess our point, Maya, is it has passed, like life goes on. Let's not carry guilt on this one. There's enough things in the world that cause pressure, stress, anxiety, cortisol. Let's not cause guilt on this one. I don't think so.
Speaker 10: And she is one hundred percent in the wrong.
Speaker 3: There you go. That's our ruling. I had a gavel to hit it.
Speaker 7: Well, nobody's one hundred percent the wrong.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, by good luck, Thank you honestly, Maya. So, Michaela, what happened when you're the phone doers?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't know, said hi, is as Maya?
Speaker 4: She said yes.
Speaker 11: I was like, I'm putting on hold for a second and Ryan will be with you shortly.
Speaker 12: She wanted to ask her, how are you?
Speaker 7: I was just trying to get her down as quick as possible.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a good call. You know, No, this show moves at lightning speed, and you were just doing your job of getting it getting up there, because you know, if you didn't have it on hold, Mark would be waving his wrists around.
Speaker 11: The planes over here and jumping up and down hot Pepper.
Speaker 2: Literal like jumping jacks that he does at the beginning of the show.
Speaker 3: Now, then you put yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly, he's gonna pull an arm socket.
Speaker 7: Yea, honestly, haven't hurt me, all right, I.
Speaker 3: Know it's dangerous, So just doing your work.
Speaker 7: Next time, I'll just ask how she is, Mark, and you have to wait.
Speaker 3: I need I need that ten.
Speaker 7: I need that ten, not a six point five.
Speaker 3: Thanks, that's a little real for us. We can't take six five even it is. Give us an eight kiss right, it's one o two point seven kiss FM. I let me grab Liz real fast here, Liz, good.
Speaker 12: Morning, Good morning.
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good? And Liz, what's happening?
Speaker 8: I just need some advice. My brother in law, my husband's younger brother, he basically took my baby's name for his dog, and like he asked me permission, but he did it in the family chat, so it was like, really, put me on the spot.
Speaker 3: And stole your baby's name that has not arrived yet for his dog.
Speaker 8: Right, So like, I'm not pregnant yet, I do have a little boy, but you know we are thinking of expanding our family and if I have a little girl someday, like I want it. The name's Piper, Piper Palmer. And he's like, can we name our dog Piper? And I was just, uh, like it got super award.
Speaker 3: You know, Piper's gonna pick pickles, pick pickles, Liz, did did your brother in law know that Piper was on your baby reserve list?
Speaker 8: Yes, like he asked permission in the chat.
Speaker 3: This is a foul. Yeah, this is a foul.
Speaker 10: This is you can't share the names with anybody.
Speaker 3: You got to use a little bit of common sense judgment here, brother in law, Like when someone picks it for their baby, you can't make it a pet name.
Speaker 2: And what is his reasoning that you haven't had the baby yet and you're not even pregnant that it's okay.
Speaker 8: Right, He's like, you know, it's all hypotheticals, so you know, we might as well have the name in the family and I'm.
Speaker 2: Just like, I mean, for all you know, yeah, he may have a point, like what if your next baby is a boy, would you name him Piper?
Speaker 8: No, I see it definitely as a girl name.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 12: So I'm like, how do we do that?
Speaker 3: Now we need to get back.
Speaker 7: There's no tip for tat here.
Speaker 3: Well, I'd like for there to be one. I just look, that's a bit rude, and I think it's not so thoughtful. And I like it's like when someone tells me their child's name is Georgia. Everything about me wants to scream with excitement to say my dog's name is Georgia. But I bite my tongue. Yeah, I don't talk, like, how many sonnies have you met as kids, Tony, Right.
Speaker 11: Honestly, not somebody, not somebody.
Speaker 10: I've met a few Dakota's, so I know what you mean.
Speaker 3: And you want to go, oh my god, my dog is named Dakota and then and then they're like, oh thanks, Yeah, First, this is a strike. This is strike for your brother in law. Are you going to change the name or you gonna do it? What are you going to? What's your move?
Speaker 8: Well, I'm just wondering, like, am I a monster if I ask him not to use it?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 3: No? No, please? Okay the dog can relearn?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I know. It's kind of like it's they've only had it for a couple of weeks now, so I'm just like, okay, maybe I just dogs don't.
Speaker 3: Know Piper from diaper, so call the dog diaper.
Speaker 10: I mean, one name is dog diaper. But Liz, what is your's?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 7: We could call Sonny like funny funny and she will just come.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's about the inflection.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 3: So why did you come up with an alternative? Lace stuff?
Speaker 4: Names it?
Speaker 3: Ryme with Piper?
Speaker 10: I mean, the dog's not going to be around forever.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, dark dark. But it's true.
Speaker 2: This happened in my family. So that's why I have a frame of reference. Who was it was Riley? And my my sister adopted this dog from a family in Boston, and so the dog's name was already Riley.
Speaker 10: But we have a nephew named Riley.
Speaker 2: And so when we when she got the dog, I was like, were you going to keep the name Riley? And she kept it and then now the dog's not with us anymore. Anyways, and we still have my nephew obviously.
Speaker 3: But it happens. Well again, this went for a turn. Listen, thank you for calling into the world.
Speaker 2: Let him name the dog Piper, and then maybe in five years you have your Piper and it's gonna be all be fine.
Speaker 8: Gosh, Okay, what's the pickle thing?
Speaker 11: What is Peter Piper picked a pair of pickle peppers? If Peter Piper picked a pair of pickle peppers, howney pickle peppers and Peter pepper.
Speaker 3: Pips who never, like no one's ever been able to do that? You do that?
Speaker 10: Like Mantra.
Speaker 3: This is vision Board Mantra. She loves pickles this year. Kiss if you just got here, thanks for coming along. Got a lot more show to go and sistany yes, Tanya, yes, Meet Alison?
Speaker 7: Hi Alison, Hi Alison?
Speaker 3: Hello? How are you Alison?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 10: What's going on?
Speaker 4: I'm pretty good? How are y'all? Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it says see, I just know what it says on the screen. I am single and I'm tired of being used as entertainment for my married friends. Oh my gosh, tell me what that means to the choir.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm basically the last single person. In my friend group, everyone's married or in long term relationships, And like you just said, I just feel like my friends are seeing me less as a friend more as a form of entertainment. Like whenever we're together, they love pulling out my phones going through the dating apps like it's a game. They'll swipe through people and make jokes and then ask me to tell them any my recent dating stories. At first, like I went along with it because I thought it was kind of funny too, and I thought they were helping me. But now I'm realizing that that's not really the case. I feel like my love life isn't really being taken seriously, but it's just kind of like more fun for them to swipe through the apps. But for me, it's like what I'm actually dealing with. It's my reality, and I feel like they don't even want to check in on how I'm feeling about being single or anything I don't even really want to share with them. It makes me feel like I'm the odd one out.
Speaker 3: And like, so's funny and just so funny because if if you were the host of this show, I'd be calling saying the same things about these things.
Speaker 10: Through you don't even have a dating app for one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what is it that you thought they were doing is sort of like to help And then it changed into a different tone.
Speaker 4: What happened, Well, I think that it just it kind of became too frequent, and it became like where they were kind of messed with the people on my dating app.
Speaker 3: That's messed up jokes, Yeah.
Speaker 4: And like sliping through them and clearly making sure that this person wouldn't match back with.
Speaker 3: Me your friends.
Speaker 10: It's just immature.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I guess maybe they're bored because they're they're bored in their healthy relationship, but it's not fun for me any longer.
Speaker 3: Now. The other way you could look at it is they're kind of bummed because they're stuck. You got But also.
Speaker 7: You are the gatekeeper.
Speaker 11: I know how this feels because I feel like when I was single, everybody would always just want to like go through my end dating app.
Speaker 2: I didn't go through your dating app. Would you still be talking the same tune right now?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 11: No, no, But I you you are the gatekeeper, So like you can also just say if they say we want to look through your date, you know, let's go through your dating app. You can be like you know, I don't really want to do that today, or like you know, I'd rather not. You know, you don't have to give it up just because you're single, and.
Speaker 2: They're not going to your person grab phoney except that boundary unless they're going to be helpful like me and Sierra were for Tanya.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean I enjoyed the meddling, but I could see where it gets some knowing.
Speaker 3: But also just to you know, relate Alison. There comes a point where people almost look, I don't want to say down, but they have a little judgy when it comes to can I ask you why you're not married? Can I ask you why you don't have kids? Especially this happens to me all the time, and you do feel a little defensive, a little left out, a little bummed about it, And you know they're coming from that place of like, oh, they have it all, so why don't you have it all? And I understand that.
Speaker 10: Your real friends shouldn't be asking you.
Speaker 2: That your real friends should love you for who you are, who you're dating, who you're not dating, like it doesn't matter, or.
Speaker 11: They just want you to be happy and find someone that's like your perfect match and encourage.
Speaker 3: That, don't pretend to know what Alison and I are dealing with.
Speaker 11: Oh my god, I know exactly what Alison's dealing with because.
Speaker 3: I lived it, okay, and then you found it's awful. So I think have you expressed to them that you're finding this a bit intrusive?
Speaker 4: Not really, That's kind of why I'm calling, because I was trying to figure out how to set the boundary without making it awkward, or even if I should say anything in the first place, or should I just like keep laughing at all, you.
Speaker 2: Know, be honest with yourself and with them. Okay, what's the point of having a friendship if you can't even be honest?
Speaker 4: That's this is true?
Speaker 3: And tell them to lay off a little bit, like the pressure is not cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know what.
Speaker 6: I agree.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 3: Do you call my friends as well while you're after you finish with yours?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. We'll set that boundary together.
Speaker 3: Thank you Alison for calling. I appreciate you. Good luck. It's a quote. A quote or seven o'clock gets you in the right headspace, all right. So there you go. You're having dinner at someone's house, maybe even spending the night and you gotta go to the bathroom. The key to being as stealthy as possible. Run cold water the whole time.
Speaker 7: Want to waste Why.
Speaker 3: Walk in there, Turn on the water, run it cold. It's gonna mask any sound that might happen. Can be embarrassing because the toilet magnifies that sound. And make sure it's cold, because hot produces steam and that traps the odor. You you don't want that, No, I'll read for you that I'm here today for that.
Speaker 7: You know what.
Speaker 2: One day I'm gonna need to use that, and I will think about you.
Speaker 3: Although we have those sinks where you gotta hold I gotta lean over from the toilet and hold my hand over the thing to get it to run for more than four seconds.
Speaker 7: Yeah, not enough.
Speaker 3: I can't even wash my hands. Today's squall, Tanya Ciciny. Even if it takes time, you're gonna get exactly where you want to be in the meantime. Find joy in the journey.
Speaker 7: Find joy in the journey.
Speaker 3: Find in the journey. About two point seven, it's kiss FM, Los Angeles. So I have to say, you know, I'm looking at some best ofs right now. I'm likek at some best of siciny some best of Tanya. You guys are you're glowing? You know, you're you're, you're you're What does Kevin Hart saying that iPhone commercial? You got your drip on?
Speaker 7: Okay? Wow?
Speaker 3: Kevin Art says, Kevin Art doesn't every commercial he's in. I actually really like he's in a new iPhone commercial and it's great. Actually laughed out loud.
Speaker 10: I know exactly what you're talking.
Speaker 3: He thinks, he thinks he's got the new iPhone, and everywhere he goes in the quick commercial, people are like, oh my gosh, look and he's like, I know, I'm finer in person. I know, I know what's up.
Speaker 11: It's me.
Speaker 3: It turns out they're really looking at the iPhone, right, because he had the orange one in the commercial. But he's I think he says at the top, I'm dripping in it or got my drip ones? Anyway, you two have your drip on. And so a lot of people may have asked you what are you doing? What's your worker because I got asked that question, not that I might drip on, but shows me what what's your workout? And I said, underwater? It's my thing these days. Underwater, underwater I'm doing underwater workout right the weights. So, uh, Tania is working on a new and duces, have you heard about this she's walking backwards?
Speaker 4: I have.
Speaker 2: I am told her that this prize is not the safest thing for her to do, especially.
Speaker 10: Because she loves like on the street that's like very slanted.
Speaker 3: Are you doing this on a treadmill or outside on.
Speaker 11: The I don't have a treadmill, so everything I do is out in the wild. But I've gotten very into walking over the last like six months, and even concept well I know, but I feel like.
Speaker 7: Walking is really of the moment, by.
Speaker 3: The way, people don't walk in and walk since we've been on this planet.
Speaker 11: Okay, no, no, no, but I feel like walking your ten thousand steps, I feel like now people are really paying attention to it more.
Speaker 3: You see, it's not ten thousand that was a whole market, seven.
Speaker 7: Seven, whatever.
Speaker 11: But now I've implemented walking backwards because it it kind of hits different muscles and just kind of different parts of your legs than when you walk forward. And also think it helps with the coordination. But I look so I probably look so wild to people as they're driving by when I'm walking backwards up to my house.
Speaker 3: So I see people do this at the gym. Yeah, and I have to admit I've done it before myself. And I think it's more than just you know, the new muscles. It's really about the brain because you're having to think a little bit more and focus. And I think that you probably get more out of it because you have to rewire your thought process a little bit more with your movement and that is a good thing.
Speaker 7: And when you.
Speaker 11: Walk normal like you don't think about it. I could be talking to somebody, I could be on my phone and you're just walking. But to walk backwards like I cannot be on my phone. I cannot. I need to focus.
Speaker 10: Does your dog walk backwards?
Speaker 11: So I've only brought Sunny once because she will not. It's impossible. She goes forward, she won't go backwards with me.
Speaker 3: So I don't know. You know, we have been walking on two legs for seven million years. I don't know how many people back then did it backwards. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't, but it is a very I think it is a good workout. I actually now walk forward with a weight. Vest Have you seen these things? Yes? I have, So I have a weight vest.
Speaker 7: Now for my right, I'm going to get one.
Speaker 10: Oh, if you get it, Ryan, she's.
Speaker 3: Gonna get it. Well Rot so sooner her husband will have one too.
Speaker 11: Before you even said this, one of Robby's best friends has been wearing a weighted vest and he does all his like work, calls and just walks around and for since he told us that, I was like, I want to get it's amazing.
Speaker 3: Just a few pounds on your body. How he can like really increase it? Yeah? Right, yeah, So there you have it. Any new any new programs for you?
Speaker 10: No, just bear walking the dog.
Speaker 3: Well that's good enough. Kiss FM. It's time for a second date update. If you are dating, you're gonna want to hear this. If you're not, you'll be so grateful you're not dating. So so Joscelyn in Long Beach says, we have known each other for a long time. He asked me out a lot, and I always said no because I thought he was a player. Is that a turn off?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Sometimes some people might fight it hot.
Speaker 3: It's true. Money clearly does not.
Speaker 10: But back in the day I always went.
Speaker 7: For the players.
Speaker 3: Anyway. They work together, and he keeps asking and asking They finally went out and it was a great first date. And now he's avoiding her, so he chipped away for years. They went out, and now he's kind of like not around.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's got a proved your point.
Speaker 3: Hi is this Joscelyn.
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's Jocelyn.
Speaker 3: Well Jocelyn. We are all here to help out second date updates. So what made you say yes to this guy after all these years of pursuing you for a date?
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know, like we grew up in the same area. We just knew each other well from being in the same church youth group, and but enough, like he had dated half the girls in that group, and I always thought I would never say yes to him.
Speaker 6: But we just kept crossing.
Speaker 12: Baths over the years. I mean I would see him at the mall or at Target or whatever. And then we actually, at this point now work for the same company, and uh, well technically he's an independent contractor, so we're not really coworkers.
Speaker 8: But I, you know, I just keep running into.
Speaker 12: Him, and he's asked me out again and again, and I thought, you know what, why not, I'm just going to go for it. So I finally said yes.
Speaker 3: So does it being like an independent contractor make it less of an issue in terms of dating people you work with. I think it might, right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, definitely, Like he's kind of just in and out, yeah, the office, so I don't see him that often.
Speaker 3: So I don't know him, but I like his persistence. So finally he gets you to say, okay, let's go. Then you go on the date after all this time. What went wrong?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 12: I mean, we definitely had a good night kiss.
Speaker 1: It was like a.
Speaker 12: Dancing kiss with the music and the sun said that was happening by the ocean, and it was great. I thought the whole night was awesome.
Speaker 3: And now he's avoiding you.
Speaker 12: Yeah, like I said, hey, i'll see my network, and I was thinking, you know that aside from that, we would definitely be on another date. He pursued me for so.
Speaker 3: Many years, so he's a player, which, by the way, if he pursues and then he gets then maybe that's the way the players operate, right, It's about the chase, and right he got you. Now he's lazy complace it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I don't know, but he's definitely avoiding me.
Speaker 6: So because he's just playing be do you so?
Speaker 3: Sistney thinks players are is so attractive.
Speaker 10: No, I don't attractive.
Speaker 2: There is a swag to them that makes you that is attractive sometimes and it almost is like a game in your head, thinking like I will be the one to change his behavior. I will be he's going to not be a player because he's gonna date me, And there's a kanya.
Speaker 3: It totally disagrees. So what do you what's your view on players?
Speaker 12: I don't want to be played by one, so I'm not really into.
Speaker 1: Them, got it?
Speaker 3: Okay, So we are going to call him next try and find out what happened. Like to me, it's so strange that you would be as persistent as possible to get a date with you and then finally it's disrespectful by the way, like finally you say yes and then he vanishes. So let's find out what's going down. Hang on one second, Okay, we'll come back and make that call to him. The player one of two point seven KISSFM. One of two point seven Kiss FM. We've got a second date update. We're in the middle of that right now. So let's bring up Joscelyn here who wrote in and said, so this guy, he's a third party. They don't really work for the same company. He's third party, but they work together. This guy, his name is Ricky, been pursuing her for a long time, right, years, Yes, he's been trying everything. Finally she says, Okay, I'm gonna go out with you. They go out, and then he blows her off. So, Joscelyn, be very quiet. We're gonna talk to him on the air. You'll listen. We're gonna try and find out what's up, like why the pursuit for years and then the blow off?
Speaker 9: Okay, Ricky, are you there, Yes, I'm here.
Speaker 3: Hi, Ricky, Ryan Seacrest, Systaney, Tanya, you are on the air.
Speaker 1: Welcome, Yeah, Hi, Hi, thank you guys.
Speaker 3: So we happen to know about this woman named Jocelyn, whom you I think pursued for quite a while.
Speaker 1: Uh okay, yeah, yeah definitely.
Speaker 3: And why did you pursue her for sof Like that's persistence, Like you know, if she says not into it, not interested, and then you kept going, what made you keep pursuing?
Speaker 9: She's gorgeous, definitely the prettiest girl I've ever seen. Every box that I'm looking for she checks off.
Speaker 1: So yeah, she's gorgeous.
Speaker 3: And tell me so Finally she said yes, after all this, right, you guys went out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did go out.
Speaker 3: Tell me about the day.
Speaker 1: Wow, I mean it was. To be honest with its probably the best night of my life.
Speaker 3: Wow. Okay, and then now what so you have a great date and then went out?
Speaker 10: Yeah, are you dating?
Speaker 9: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think we're dating. No, I don't know. To be honest, I really don't know.
Speaker 3: Would you like to date her?
Speaker 9: I mean yes, but I feel like she deserves someone maybe a little bit better than me.
Speaker 7: That's cute.
Speaker 3: Well that's actually quite sweet.
Speaker 10: Well why do you think that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's probably right.
Speaker 1: I would. I'm gonna be straight up with you, guys. I'm broke.
Speaker 9: So that's that's a bit a big problem for me, because I feel like she deserves someone that can take care of her fire, whatever she wants, And.
Speaker 1: To me, that's that's that's not me right now.
Speaker 2: Oh, but that's just so temporary. When I met my husband, he was broke too.
Speaker 3: I was broke when I moved to La Everyone's broke some time, and no one went out with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I find that hard.
Speaker 10: The connection is there? Money is money comes and goes.
Speaker 3: About that. Then she's not maybe right. So you went out, you liked her, you pursued her, she said yes, but you backed off because you don't think you have funding to date her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got I got a little intimidated to be. I don't know. I just I don't think that I can.
Speaker 9: I'm at that place where I can afford all that type of lifestyle.
Speaker 3: If you could, well life lifestime. What a first date? Where would you take her on a first date? What would you do?
Speaker 9: I mean endless amounts of funds? I man, I'd love to take her to a Charters game. I'd love to take her out to a nice dinner maybe or launch, depending on the time of day.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I mean take.
Speaker 9: Her shopping, just shower her and whatever she wants.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me, do you mind if I just impose a little bit.
Speaker 5: Okay, aren't we already?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: No, I mean, because you know, dating well in my real life doesn't go great. But in giving advice, I think I'm okay at it. So what if I told you that she wants to go out with you again, and we will give you some Chargers tickets and then we will send you to a place to eat that is convenient to where you live or after the game on us. Would that be appealing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be absolutely more than appealing. That that sounds amazing.
Speaker 3: Okay, could you bring back in Johnson?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I mean she's been here the whole time.
Speaker 3: Jocelyn, are you there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Hi?
Speaker 10: Guys, how do you feel.
Speaker 7: About all this?
Speaker 3: This is good news? I feel great.
Speaker 12: Honestly, I don't care that you're broke. I really don't, Yeah, Reggie, like, I mean, I promise you, I just I don't mind at all. I don't think about that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: I know you don't, but I do.
Speaker 3: And bro bro broke. Forget about it, Ricky, you're putting up walls. She doesn't care about the funding. I think you guys should go out, get to know each other and have a good time. I mean, where should we see them for dinner?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: Where do you live?
Speaker 1: I live in near Korea Town right now?
Speaker 3: Perfect, there's some great restaurants.
Speaker 2: It's there, amazing, And I love your chargers. Man, this looks like a match.
Speaker 9: You guys are making me feel a lot better about this than I have been feeling.
Speaker 1: I just want to say thank.
Speaker 3: You for that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'd love to take you out again. Absolutely great.
Speaker 3: The only issues I don't I have to find these charge your tickets. We'll figure that okay, fine, a back room, charge your tickets, Yeah, we'll figure it out. Okay, good, thanks guys. I want to say it's very difficult to meet someone in this town, and when you have a click, you can't let these little things that are in your head, your head, Ricky, not hers, your head stop you from finding the one am. So we'll set you off the first one and then it's on you. I mean, you can call me back if you want something else, but it's on you, and I like it. I'm going to get out of this call because it all worked.
Speaker 10: It really did.
Speaker 9: Thank you guys so much. I can't thank you enough. That's that's incredible, and especially the kind words. And I think it's just I just have to be honest from here on out and communicate exactly.
Speaker 3: And Jocelyn's into you. Joscelyn, Ricky invite us to the wedding. You know, I have my degree in officiating, So my degree, it is a degree and what to school.
Speaker 2: Okay, We're gonna let you guys go, Joly if you have a great life.
Speaker 3: Good luck bye. By the way, it is a degree in officiation.
Speaker 7: It's not a degree, it's just certificate.
Speaker 10: It's like a website. You click, click, and then you're ordained.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm not a great student. It felt like a degree. Okay, fine, that's the way she work though. I love that communication.
Speaker 7: Yea, love me not kiss up there with Lions Crest.
Speaker 3: Why don't two point seven kiss FM? Good morning, Elijah? How are you?
Speaker 1: Good morning?
Speaker 5: How you doing?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Buddy?
Speaker 3: Can I help you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 13: So my girlfriend made a vision board and it's kind of freaking me out.
Speaker 2: I'd run fast, excuse and why wait a minute?
Speaker 13: So well, look, I don't even think I was supposed to see it in the first place. She and her friends got together and did it right after the New Year. But I was looking for a post it in a drawer and I found it and it had like a bride and there was like this enormous diamond engagement range, all.
Speaker 2: Normal things that women usually put on their vision boards.
Speaker 13: Right, like an expensive car and these island vacations.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, I mean the vision board is aspirational too, right, It's supposed to be just that, you know, maybe beyond what your goals are. But it's a nice thing to aspire to be. What's the issue?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you don't.
Speaker 3: Want to get married? Is that the deal?
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, here's the thing.
Speaker 13: I get all that we've only been dating for only five months.
Speaker 11: Well, bro, just because she has this vision board doesn't mean it's you.
Speaker 1: Know, it's a vision board for this year.
Speaker 13: And I'm not that rich or anything like, I don't make that much money.
Speaker 3: But what were you? I guess what we're hearing you say is that you're feeling some pressure because of her vision board, and that pressure has to do with the future of your commitment to and with her. Yeah, is that what I'm hearing that?
Speaker 13: And the finances?
Speaker 5: I mean, look, am I line of work.
Speaker 13: I'm telling to be an EMC people like me don't usually get rich.
Speaker 2: Maybe you should make a vision board and then you'll be rich, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 11: But I think also to like, maybe that's worth a discussion that you can have with her, because if you know, if she has like these fancy cars and these fancy vacations, maybe there.
Speaker 3: Is important to her, right right, Maybe that's a good jumping off point to have a real conversation Elijah about who you guys are.
Speaker 10: It's a great idea, Tonya, and it might not be that big of a deal.
Speaker 2: She might be like, oh, this is just the stuff that I just cut out of magazine, like it's vacation.
Speaker 3: It's just like I mean, it's like the screensaver on your phone, exactly, like you're going to live on that beach, but you like to look at it exactly. I use this as a point to talk about what you're really thinking and feeling here in your relationship, and you'll get to know each other better. Great idea, and thank you for listening.
Speaker 1: Very good point.
Speaker 13: So I shouldn't be freaked out at all.
Speaker 10: I think you should.
Speaker 7: It's beautiful that she wants to to marry you.
Speaker 3: It's a healthy exercise to to do a vision board. Tanya does it here all the time in life.
Speaker 11: I used to put rings and brides since twenty fifteen on my vision board.
Speaker 3: And yeah, it took a little while, but she got there.
Speaker 7: I got there.
Speaker 3: Thank you, and good luck with the mt BRO. Thanks for saving lives.
Speaker 13: Well absolutely yeah, and thank you guys for hearing me out and giving me some advice I needed to.
Speaker 10: Hear that got call anytime.
Speaker 3: It is interesting that like, okay, where he thought her putting those things up is just bad news. Actually it's great news because he can now have a convers station about who they really are, like who he is, or who he's looking for, or what in what she really wants or means by all that.
Speaker 2: Yes, and maybe it's just like she wants it. Eventually she just doesn't. You know, it doesn't need to happen this year.
Speaker 11: But I've probably scared off so many men because I would keep my vision board in like on my bathroom window, or I'd keep it in the kitchen so I saw it every morning I was making my coffee.
Speaker 10: So when they'd come over to your house, it would just be out yep.
Speaker 11: With bridle rings and bridled and uh song lyrics.
Speaker 3: Years ago, we could have helped just move the vision board and this would have happens one a two point seven Kiss FM. Now let me explain this to you before I put Devin on. Last week, we were talking about a couple who posted a sign at their wedding and the sign said, pay to play one of the following songs you'd like to hear. And there's a list of these songs like, Uh, Don't Stop Believing by Journey was up there. Some Garth Brooks was up there. Uh, some Queen was up there, some classic sings, songs. There's a menu and ps the songs that were listed. The couple does not really like proceeds We're gonna go to their honeymoon fund, so think about that concept. These are songs that we think you like, we don't really love, but you're gonna pay for a honeymoon, so hey, we'll give up the time. People were divided, and then Devin heard that he's a wedding DJ from Huntington Beach. He says, never let your guests choose the songs. Devin, thanks for coming on with us. Now why do you say never? Surely, well, he definitely sounds like one, So Devin tell me why is it that the guest should never choose the songs?
Speaker 5: A lot of times the bride is worked really hard on a list that we love because it opens up floodgates into what it is that they like and what's going to motivate them to get on the dance floor, and then to incorporate some of the bride'smaids and some of the guests requests. But if you had fifty people doing a pay to play, they ultimately become your DJ. And the biggest part of our job is to look at it like a video game and we're shooting for a high score, and we're looking at Grandma, and we're looking at the bride's maids and the bride and wanting to get them to dance.
Speaker 3: Yeahs, I like what you're saying because you're trying to You're aiming to please, right, and you're reading the room and you're reacting off of the read of the room, and when you see some reaction, you build on that reaction. I mean, you're a purist and I love that about you. You've got to really you got to throw something out there, read your response, and then try and build on that, and that that fluidity is what it's all about.
Speaker 5: So you explained it perfect because you know, I mean, there was a thing once upon a time where they had every gaps on an invitation to put one song request. But you're already setting up half of the room to not even hear their request. And my priority is that journey. I mean, here's one thing like even your ladies written, you know, there now we'll say yes to this.
Speaker 1: How many times have you.
Speaker 5: Ever been at a party, been in a wedding, been an event, Here a great song, you start dancing and the next song sucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody clearly answer. But for you DJ, that's sad, like I feel bad for the DJ might go back out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, even if it was you, mom, dad, grandma and grandpa. I'm looking even at the table in the musical at tourney, I'm looking from them to bother.
Speaker 1: Their heads, tap their feet, tap their.
Speaker 5: Finger and totally p And if it's one song, I mean, if it's a Michael Jackson that got Grandma even coming out to dance, and my next song's not Jerry Lee Lewis, you know it's got to be two three of one type two three of another.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you sending some light on this because you're in the trenches on this and that is Devin. Thank you very much for being on with this. Devin, take good care.
Speaker 2: He's not wrong, no, and the video game analogy really makes sense.
Speaker 3: One or two point seven Kiss FM. Jasmine Sandimus, Good morning, How are you?
Speaker 14: Good morning?
Speaker 3: How can I help you?
Speaker 14: Well, Okay, I have a little bit of an issue my brother is getting married and you're next summer, and you know, I really want to be there, and my husband and I were actually going to have a four month old baby by then, so we have like this plan that we've worked out well where he'll stay at home with the baby while I go to the wedding. But we have an older child's with four and my brother wants him to be the ring bearer, which I'm ecstatic about and I think is really special, but my husband doesn't feel comfortable with our son going to Europe without them.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 14: So I'm just like literally stuck because I think it's like unfair. You know, I don't want to be unfair to my brother, who you know, really wants his nephew be potter of the big moment. But at the same time, you know, I understand my husband's concerns, and I just don't know how to like balance being there for my family but like respecting my husband's wishes.
Speaker 3: I don't know. If I don't know what to do. You all have to go. Yeah, kids, weddings, This is not my Bailey Wick, So siy, why can't you Anyway.
Speaker 14: He works from home and needs to stay home with the baby, but bring the baby.
Speaker 2: You know, four months old is like the easiest time to travel with the baby that age.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we're just not comfortable with like traveling with Europe.
Speaker 6: It's going to be so far, it's a lot happening.
Speaker 14: Plus, I don't want, like to leave the baby with a babysitter like that age.
Speaker 3: You know, I've just discovered an easy out. Oh, I mean, this is all about the baby. This is all about the baby's safety, well being and health. And there's as badly as you want to make everybody happy, there's only one lens you look through, and that is through the eyes of the baby. And then you're you're gonna total out. No one can No one can tellya you don't know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, first of all, you're the mom.
Speaker 11: If you want to take your four year old son to your brother's wedding, you should be able to do that.
Speaker 2: You should And I think your husband needs Are you saying you're totally comfortable with it, jsmine?
Speaker 14: Well, if I'm comfortable.
Speaker 3: With breeding, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 14: Absolutely my four year old, Yeah, I want him to be the ring bearer.
Speaker 6: But like you know, I don't want to.
Speaker 14: I understand that my husband doesn't want you know me there with him and without him being there.
Speaker 10: Not to make this more of a fight.
Speaker 2: But you can come at your husband, well, you can come out your husband like do you not trust me?
Speaker 10: Is this a trust issue? Like I am his mom?
Speaker 3: Like you're now, you're now, you're pivoting it to be this is not about the baby. This is about you not trusting me, this relationship. We don't think I can handle this, then we got a bigger problem. That's nice, I mean love it. Change the headline. Okay, so good, so manipulative and goodtivetive.
Speaker 2: It's giving, manipulative, it's giving, like my feelings are hurt.
Speaker 3: This solves the problem, Jasmine, she knows what she's talking about. I can't wait to hear how it goes. Calls back. We're here.
Speaker 2: I mean, can you imagine Michael said I could and bring my kids and were like, yeah, it's so weird.
Speaker 3: It's great. It's really a good solution. You got this, Jasmine, Thank you so much, good luck. I can't wait for you to go do this. He calls back after it happens.
Speaker 14: Okay, I sure, well, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Yes, no, you know how you operate.
Speaker 10: That's why I gonna call us NAX and be like, what did you.
Speaker 3: Tell my wife? It was called on air with one of two point seven Kiss FM. Have a great weekend. Monday, it's an all new Ryan's Roses and we continue to pay your bills. Take care, I'll talk to you to Thanks for listening so on air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe and we'll talk to you again Monday.