Speaker 1: Hour two Sean Hannity Show, eight hundred and nine four one. Shawn is on number if you want to be a part of the program. Former House Speaker KNW. King Rich, you know, blaming obviously the ongoing shutdown, the radicals have taken over the Democratic Party and blaming Schumer and said Schumer saw this as an opportunity to hold the entire country hostage to prove that Democrats could get a supposed win. This has been Schumer his position on government shutdowns the entire time he's been in the US Senate. This is critical to understanding, you know, how dominant the mom Donnie aoc Wing, Jasmine Crockett squad wing is and how powerful they are that Schumer is leader in name only like Hakeem Jeffrey's leader in name only.
Speaker 2: Listen, what if I persuaded my call is to say I'm going to shut the government down. I am going to not pay our bills unless I.
Speaker 3: Get my way.
Speaker 2: It's a politics of idiocy, of confrontation, of paralysis. It's sort of like this, someone goes into your house, takes your wife and children hostage, and then says, let's negotiate over the price of your house. You know, we could do the same thing on immigration. We could we believe strongly in immigration reform. We could say we're shutting down the government. We're not going to raise the debt ceiling until you pass immigration reform. It would be governmental chaos. Speaker McCarthy needs to stop letting the MAGA radicals drive his decisions and do the obvious and sensible thing, follow the Senate's lead and pass a bipartisan cr to prevent this reckless shutdown. We do not want to let a Trump temper tantrum govern our policies or cause the shutdown of a government which everyone on both sides of the aisles knows is the wrong idea.
Speaker 1: All right, So that's been his history until now. Now it's fascinating to watch this unfold because Democrats are at each other's throat, because now you have, you know, enough Democrats in the Senate to open up the government. We see what's happening with their traffic controllers with snap benefits, forty two million Americans impacted by that. Hakim Jeffrey's, when pressed on supporting a bill that would include Obamacare subsidies, says that they're not prepared to support a promise from folks. This is their healthcare bill. It's called Obamacare. They're the ones that shoved it down our nation's throat, and John McCain then, unfortunately had the opportunity to get rid of it, and his animist towards Donald Trump got in the way. Listen to Hakeem another Leader in name only, Leader Jeffery is just very quickly yes or no? Do you rule out supporting a bill that would include a promise to vote on Obamacare subsidies?
Speaker 3: Yes or no.
Speaker 4: I don't think that. I don't think that the House Democratic Caucus is prepared to support a promise, a wing, and a prayer from folks who have been devastating the healthcare of the American people for years.
Speaker 1: They're the ones that passed the bill. I kept warning at the time Obamacare would be a disaster. You know, millions lost their doctors, millions lost their plans. Forty plus percent of the country has one Obamacare exchange option. And you know the big promise, the average family will save twenty five hundred dollars per family per year. Every family's paying over three hundred percent more. Here's Achem Jeffries again, Leader in name Only, No matter what legislation comes from the Senate, they're voting no, doesn't matter what they pass.
Speaker 4: And far too many people are struggling to live paycheck to paycheck. They can't thrive, they can barely survive. And that's why Democrats have been waging this fight, and we'll continue to wage this fight no matter what comes over to us from the United States Senate to the House of Representatives at some point this week. And so as House Democrats, we know we're on the right side of this fight, the right side of the American people, and we're not going to support partisan Republican spending bill that continues to gut the healthcare of the American people. And we're going to continue the fight to extend the Affordable Care Act tax credits.
Speaker 1: Now, remember they're looking to extend health benefits that were designed to be temporary for COVID for people eight hundred percent above the poverty line. Okay, that is unsustainable. They're demanding to keep the government open seven weeks, one and a half trillion dollars, including health care for illegal immigrants, including funding MPR and PBS, including DEI programs abroad. That's all been part of their spending plan. The problem they have is the party has been radicalized. Even Tim Kaine, you know, who represents Virginia and all the DC employees in his state that have been laid off. He voted in the shutdown because it's not working any way. Joining us now, Senator Mark Wayne mull and our friend from Oklahoma, Senator how.
Speaker 5: Are you, Sean? I'm doing good. How are you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm good?
Speaker 1: Ten days in the Senate, but at least finally you make the progress. You know, I've never been a big believer that government shutdowns matter much until we get but we've never had one goal this long and it be this impactful to so many Americans at once.
Speaker 3: This is getting bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right today, we're going to have more cancellations on flights than anytime in the American history other than nine to eleven. And it's all because of the shutdown that we find ourselves in. And now the Democrats and by the way, the Democrats didn't get anything to reopen the government. Leader Thune offered them a ACA vote, but couldn't guarantee which ACA affordable healthcare, which is completely unaffordable. They he offered that back October sixteenth. We have been shut down for weeks because for their own personal leverage. The whole plan was to get it past on November election so they could vote for their communist mayor in New York. But the truth is they're out there now spending it. And Sean, you were alluding this just a second ago. They're out there right now spending saying it's all about health care. It's about the Republican Party is to blame for having unaffordable health care. And you remember President Obama said that our premiums were going to go down by twenty five percent. Today we stand at two hundred and twenty one percent increase. And even if we were to extend the premium tax that the Democrats voted for unanimously back in twenty one, they made it design to expire. Even if we did extend it, your premiums would still go up eleven to twelve percent. So it's not affordable. It's not working. And I think President Trump was absolutely brilliant when he said, hey, instead of giving the premium tax to the insurance companies, how out we give it straight to the American people and let them use it to buy the insurers plan they want. I thought that was absolutely brilliant.
Speaker 1: The President said that, I mean, there's so many innovative, creative ways to redesign healthcare, and maybe this will become part of the debate, you know, post you know, the reopening of the government, and you know that would include healthcare cooperatives, healthcare savings accounts. You know, we really we have great innovation in healthcare. I've had on this program many times. Doctor Josh Umber, he's at a Wichita, Kansas. You know, he had a healthcare cooperative, twenty four hour access to doctors that would take care of most things, including you'd get he would negotiate directly with pharmaceutical companies at a ninety plus percent discount and fifty bucks a month for adults, ten dollars a month for children. It includes telemedicine a lot of times you don't need to go to a doctor or an emergency room. A lot can be done with modern technology and FaceTime for crying out loud, and you know, all of these things save money ultimately. But you know, people funneled into a government system where promises were made and none of them were kept. Is has not worked, and they're kind of trying to die on this hill of turning something that they designed to be temporary into something permanent.
Speaker 5: Well, I think it's absurd that they're trying to turn the healthcare crisis against on the Republican's fault. But keep in mind, you had a community organizer, the one that came up with this healthcare plan and Nancy Plosi who said, if you want to know what's in it, pass it, then you can read it. If we want to fix a healthcare system, you can't fix this. You can't fix affordable health care. That's like trying to fix a bone motor. You got to rebuild a bone motor. In this Fickler case, you need President Trump. He's a business guy. He knows how to make business successful. He will bring in the brightest minds, the best minds together and negotiate a deal that will actually get American healthcare working for the American peace people, not working for consolidation and large insurance companies. And listen, I'm not against companies being profitable. I'm a capitalist. I believe in companies being profitable they hire employees. But there's no reason why we would continue to subsidize insurance companies that are making record profits right now. The reason why We had the Democrats passive premium tax program last in twenty twenty one during COVID was because the insurance companies said they were going to go broke because of the high expensive cost. Now even if you did away with that, they would still be making around fifteen percent profit even if you took out their premium tax, So we don't need to be subsidizing them anymore. What we need to be doing is looking at why is self care costs continuously and going through the roof. Why not take a deep dive look underneath the hood and say, let's scrap this program altogether and build a program back by getting a Marcus working and allowing people to have choice, choice in their market and what fits them best, rather than requiring all programs to have maternity care. I mean, it's absurd with the regulations they put on it because of a community organizer trying to fix our healthcare system.
Speaker 1: Well I said in the beginning, and remember that there was a mandate associated with us where everybody was ultimately going to be funneled into a government system.
Speaker 3: This was really.
Speaker 1: Their big step towards universal healthcare or a single payer system, which is what I think they ultimately wanted, and I think what they ultimately want now looks like they're progressing towards reopening the government, which means if they would expedite it in the Senate, then the House could open the government as early as Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Have you spoken to these senators?
Speaker 1: Are they going to stand firm now at this point that they took this test vote last night?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we had thirteen Democrat senators had agreed to vote with us last week as long as they could get past the two day election. That was their whole plan they had. They said that Chuck Schumer this is a quote, would take off the handcuffs and allow themselves plus Dick Durbin to vote for it. After the Tuesday election, they came out with just ridiculous demands, I mean sewn. They came in and they wanted the President to rescind all pocket decisions and guarantee he wouldn't do it for another year. He wanted the President to reinstate the security clearances from all those that he has tripped the security clearances from. They wanted a guarantee that the guarantee outcome on the ACA vote and that the House would pick it up. I mean just ridiculous stuff. We told him a go pound sand and it literally took user point three seconds to reject their offer. And then because of the mounting pressure of their body of their especially with Tim Kaine with a three hundred and fifty thousand federal employees he has in Virginia, the mounting pressure finally came back. And what we settled on is, well, we give you an ACA vote. That's it. And so we know that these eight that's already walked the plank, they're going to stay strong. The question is the other five that said they were going to vote with us, are they going to have the backbone to actually do what's right for the American people rather than continue using the American people as hossage and leverage points.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're in the room, you're in the clok groom, you're on the sun of floor.
Speaker 3: What are you hearing?
Speaker 5: Well, technically, if this thing, if they run out every hour, they could run this thing all the way to Friday evening because of the amendment boats they could have on it. If they just run out the debate time, it would be Wednesday. Because remember right now we're on the motion to proceed. So the Motion proceed comes with a thirty hour debate time. Once we end with the motion proceed, we got to mend the House clean CR because we're going to replace all. Instead of having twelve continued resolution of funding bills, we're going to have nine and then three funding bills. It's going to be at present Trump levels, which means this ag mil coon which is military and alledge. And then we got to change the date, so we got to change the House version. Once we do that, it opens another thirty hour debate and that since we're open it to mend, it can be amended. Right now, we have a problem with Ran Paul you know, or Senator from Kentucky. I to take a deep breath there. He is demanding a HEMP vote on this because he wants to up the THHD levels and HEMP, which could really draw the process out. If he does that, then we could see this thing could roll out all the way to Friday. We're trying to push back if he demands to have to have this amendment vote. I have said no. He said he will hold it up, he won't release the debate time. I don't at this point, I really don't care. Ran is on his own heel. To think he's going to hold the American people hostage like them over him is ridiculous. But we don't need his vote, so we can go around him. We haven't had his vote this sole time, so that's not important to us. But if he if he demands that, then he could drag that out a lot further. The Democrats have told us, the ones I've talked to today, they're ready to go home. They're done. They already know they lost the vote, so they went radio silent today. They're not talking to us. Least the leadership isn't. The ones I'm talking to said they're, well, they're willing to yield back to time and we'd be done today and then they'd call back the House. The House would go to on a Wednesday, and we could reopen the government.
Speaker 1: But it takes that would be a best case scenario. Too many people of suffering, Senator, and a clean cr is what Democrats always said they wanted. So, uh, Senator Mark way Mullen, Well, it's gonna be fascinating. Uh.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think this party's gone, you know, radical suicidal at this point. But if they think this is gonna you know, Americans are getting angry and they have every right to be a clean cr funding the government and current levels is exactly what Democrats always said they wanted. Thank you, sir, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know it's when I say them Democratic Party is hijacked. You need look no further than Zoron Marxist Kami Mamdani. You know, we played remarks last week of AOC, you know, basically telling Chuck Schumer get out of the way, the old guard has to make way for the new guard, and then went straight at Hakim Jefferies telling him, you know, well, Mamdani is the future of the party. I mean that, that to me is a very critical moment. And you know the leaders of the Democratic Party now, the poster child of the Democratic Party would be you know, Zoron Mamdani and AOC.
Speaker 3: She's I've been saying for years, she's the leader. You know.
Speaker 1: Nancy Pelosi at the time was leader, you know, a speaker in name only.
Speaker 3: She had no power.
Speaker 1: Hakiem Jeffries now has no power, and the Senate, Chucky Schumer is done, It's over. I think Hakim Jefferies is very likely done himself. And then you have Grandpa Bernie, you know that this is his moment. He now is the dominant voice within inside the Democratic you know, the radical Democratic socialists that run this party. Here's what he said, speaking out against the deal to end the shutdown. I mean, it doesn't matter that, you know, nearly forty two million Americans and not getting food benefits that they desperately need. I thought Democrats cared about the poor. Apparently not when it matters. You know, if they want political leverage, they acknowledge people who get hurt, but we need the leverage. That's what they've kept saying openly. Now here's what he said.
Speaker 6: Yet tonight, what this Senate is about to do is make a horrific situation even worse.
Speaker 7: So let's be clear what this vote is about.
Speaker 6: If this vote succeeds, over twenty million Americans are going to see at least a doubling in their premiums in the Affordable Care Act.
Speaker 7: In my statemum minded throughout this country.
Speaker 6: For certain groups of people, it will be a tripling and a quadrupling of their premiums.
Speaker 7: And my friends, know what you are voting on.
Speaker 6: Studies are out there that when you throw fifteen million people off healthcare. Some fifty thousand of our fellow Americans will die unnecessarily every single year. Anyone think that's funny, something to laugh at something if you just go past, I don't fifty thousand Americans die unnecessarily.
Speaker 1: I mean this rhetorical insanity. You know, in the minds of Democrats, the only answer is going to be a government answer. Meanwhile, Obamacare has been proven to have failed spectacularly. You know, just like most government programs, they make these glorious promises, cradle to grave, wound to the tomb, Social Security lock box rated money spent, headed towards insolvency. How's Medicaid doing same problem, headed towards insolvency? Thirty eight trillion in debt. We're putting that on our children and grandchildren. How are your government schools doing not very well, especially in blue states and blue towns and cities around the country. How law and order and safety and security under the defund dismantled no bill reimagine the police people not very well. You know, the military is about it, and even that deteriorated when Democrats were in power. And this is what they want to convince you. You know, when millions lost their doctors plans, and you're paying three hundred percent on average, more than you were paying when you were told you'd save on average twenty five hundred dollars a year. We're now going to double down on dumb, dumber, and stupid when there are creative, free market solutions. If we'd only think, you know, telemedicine should be a part of the equation. Now moving forward, you know, artificial intelligence can can detect, you know, disease early. You know, in five years from now, your odds of living to one hundred are going to go up exponentially. Anyway, let's get to our phones. Marie is in Pennsylvania. Hey, Marie, how are you glad you called? Hi?
Speaker 8: Sean, Thanks for taking my call. I'm a longtime Sean Hannity fan, and I'm calling today about John Fetterman. So I'm a Pittsburgh area Republican. Of course I didn't vote for John, but I have been very impressed with him, and I was just curious if you have any insights as to his real influence with his colleagues in Washington this last time.
Speaker 1: He's by the way, he's on TV tonight and he is he surprised me too. And and I like doctor Roz. Doctor Oz, you know, got killed by Doug Mostriano, who you know, took a position on abortion that I think it just was out of sync with the people of Pennsylvania. I'm not getting into that issue right now. And you know, he lost like fourteen points, the largest margin to Joshapiro of for against the non incumbent governor since the nineteen forties. And Oz lost by three or three or four percent. And you know, Mastriano lost by fourteen There's only so much ticket switching that was gonna go on. But he's been a real pleasant surprise. And I will tell you haven't spoken to him privately and on the air. He's a nice guy and he's reasonable. He does not like this nazi, fascist, racist hitler Stalin Mussolini, you know, insightful and dehumanizing rhetoric. He has supported closed borders, he has supported you know, he understands radical Islamis, he understands Israel's right to defend itself. I just find him an old school, old fashioned, you know, Democrat, which is almost nonexistent today. The fact that we even got to the longest you know shutdown in history now impacting so many millions of Americans, and but for just the bare minimum, you know, we're going to get the government open. It looks like just tells you everything you need to know about his party. He's not been a part of that. And I tipped my hat to him, you know, But I didn't love the election results, you know, I was my expectations were not high. I think that Virginia's a blue state. I think Glenn Younkin was the outlier. I think wins Series did not run the best campaign. To be very frank, Jack Chidarelli had the problem. In the last three years, they lost, you know, a quarter of a million people in New Jersey. He got one hundred and fifty thousand more votes and they got the last time and still lost. And you know, this migration is impacting a lot of states like New York, New Jersey and California and Illinois. So there's a lot going on here and the country is divided, and he's just not going to be part of that cancer. And I applaud him for I'm not going crazy, you know, streaming nazi, fascist, racist because you know, because the worst I affectionately called zoron, you know, you know Marxistkami Mamnani, but you know he is a comedy. I mean he is, that's his positions.
Speaker 8: Do you think Setterment's really making a difference with his colleagues? Are there more like him that are just afraid to speak up? Do you think that there'll be a turn from some others to join him in his perspective?
Speaker 1: If I'm right in my prediction that Donald Trump has laid the foundation for economic success that will be historic. And Reagan needed over a year for his his tax plan to take effect and before we really felt the impact of it beginning to really penetrate the economy and dropping the top marginal rates from seventy to twenty eight percent over the rest of his presidency that would be the last six years of his presidency. They created twenty one million new jobs and the longest period of peacetime economic growth. Couple that with energy dominance, and couple that with trillions and committed investments in our economy that President Trump has been able to accrue that no other president has. You know it just you don't snap your finger and just move the Titanic. It doesn't work that way. But we're moving in all the indicators are we're moving in the right direction, and it just there's a lag time before we start feeling it the way I think we will. I've been a believer in this in supply side economics my whole life, and it's never let me down so far. By the way, John Kennedy believed in it, right.
Speaker 8: Great, Well, I appreciate your insight. I again, huge fan, love my state. Thank you, Leanna, and I really am to please with was just interested in your perspective. So thanks for fighting the fight for us.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you. I love the people of Pennsylvania. You know, Pennsylvania just you know, hard working, you know, just just salt of the earth people, period, Grey people appreciate the call, Marie, thank you. All right, quick break right back to our eight hundred nine four one. Shawn is a number if you want to be a part of the program. All right, let's get back for our busy phones. Eight hundred nine four one Shawn our number if you want to be a part of the program. Richard, Texas Next Sean Hannity Show, What's up Richard. By the way, I saw that you guys adopted in your state constitution. Now you're never going to have in a state tax You're never going to have corporate taxes. A brilliant move that will attract so many businesses to Texas. Texas is going to thrive even more.
Speaker 9: Isn't that wonderful? And you know what I worry about the kids. Nobody does research. It's like, what's going on up there in New York. I hope someone's paying attention and they start passing this on to the children. That it's like, what's happening right now? I mean, President Trump's giving us an example of what a president should be and what he should do, and the transparency and just everything he does and how hard he works. You know, I came from nothing and I was able to work eighteen hour days, kind of like what you've said about your life. He took whatever job you could get and become successful with my wife's help. And I just think the kids don't do any research. Everything's at their fingertips, and that's a big problem of communism, Mom Donnie in New York. Maybe this is exactly what New York needs. Maybe this is what the United States needs to see to see how this works out, because of course it's going to fail. And you know, I just wish more people would pay attention. But I've always people are so busy working and trying to pay the rent and the bills that sometimes they just don't pay enough attention. You know. I'm sixty eight years old and the world's really changed a lot since the John F. Kennedy days when I was a kid in school and the Democratic Party shame shame, shame on them, And I don't know, I just really think that maybe this is what New York needs. This is in the United States, to see what's going to happen, and maybe these children will get interested in doing some research. And these are the things I worry about at sixty eight years old, because this country is not the same that I grew up.
Speaker 1: Well, Richard, you're raising a good point here, you know, when everything is offered for free, And this is why I wrote a whole chapter and Live Free or Die about socialism and its history of failure. Whatever name it's given, whatever form or manifestation it takes on, the promises are glorious. Everything's going to be free. We're going to share the wealth. You know, we're going to tax the rich. You're going to get your fair share. All your fears anxieties, worries about life and living will be taken away from you. And your government is going to you know, cradle to gray, womb to tomb, protect you.
Speaker 3: You know it sounds appealing.
Speaker 1: Is a part of that, Oh, however, it negates human nature. It human nature. We are designed to contribute when God gave you talent when you were born. You're not designed to get everything for free. And here's here's the truth. It always ends the same way. Unfulfilled promises. You end up with more poverty than when you started because they can't sustain it. Obamacare being exhibit A, social security Exhibit B, bad government schools Exhibit C. You know, defund, dismantle, nobail laws, open borders, you know, d, E and F and G, and just keep going and government fails, and they fail spectacularly, and then you calculate, you give of freedom in the name of false security. The beauty of capitalism is it it is predicated on a belief that you have talent and ability. And if you given the freedom to go out and take that talent and build goods and services that you provide other people and make a profit and make a living, it has created the greatest standard of wealth in the God and this is what makes America the greatest country God gave man. It's a little harder sell than telling you don't worry, We'll take care of everything for you. Now, I think the country is going to go through a period where we're going to have to educate some young people. And I'm hopeful that you know, this is why I wish people would would focus less on intramural stupidity and even in our movement, and focus more on, you know, helping people to understand what this is all about. But there's a certain appeal to this that we better be very wary of. And I think that you know, this is a canary in the coal mine. Now you see on the other side of it, people get it, and they're leaving, and they're leaving in droves, and they go into your state, my state, Tennessee, and the Carolinas. They're getting out in other states around the country. Got to run