Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This He's Talking Cowboys, springing live.
Speaker 2: From the Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 1: Don't jack Burgers there.
Speaker 4: Puscott kidsondown and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: Go Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 1: Oh this one was sweet.
Speaker 5: Not only was it a come from behind victory, not only was it a divisional win. Not only was it the Philadelphia Eagles, but it was a day where the Cowboys keep their seasons hopes alive.
Speaker 1: They take down the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 6: Twenty four twenty one, the final on Sunday afternoon. Welcome into Talking Cowboys, Everybody, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas and the s w PC Studios got the whole cast and crew ready for you to rock today with Patrick Walker, Josh Roderigue, Isaiah Standback, Crispyam in the back. I'm Kyle Yeoman, so glad you're with us. And as you can tell, the voice is a little raspy.
Speaker 3: Raspy, so because you're getting after it little Yeah, is that what it is?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He was getting it from Baby's kids. I don't even know about baby kid. I don't know that much.
Speaker 7: Come many classic.
Speaker 6: I don't get down, but a little bit raspy, because my goodness, what a game it was, and it was it was every roller coaster of emotion. It was frustration followed by hope, then it was followed by elation, and then frustration again, and then what the hell is going on in the fourth quarter, and then all of a sudden you get an opportunity and when you needed it most, the defense of the Dallas Cowboys comes through. Say it again, The defense aka Dallas Cowboys came through. They get it done, and they end up winning twenty four to twenty one. Largest comeback since twenty fourteen Cowboys twenty one points down. It was twenty four, he said again, Larger since twenty twenty or twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: Against who it was against the Rams? No, this one. This one was against the Eagle.
Speaker 8: Okay, those guys, the Philadelphia Eagles, those defend.
Speaker 1: But it was the Raiders right the week before. Yeah, you beat the Raider out.
Speaker 9: Yeah, everybody calmed down It's just it's not like you beat the number one team in the conference what you did. Oh well, it's not like they were a defending champ. Oh yeah they were. It's not like they had all of their healthy, most powerful weapons on the field on both sides.
Speaker 1: But they did both sides and they had.
Speaker 7: You didn't get some get back from week one, did you?
Speaker 9: So they also, uh so, I'm gonna put this right here, you know, what the hell with that?
Speaker 1: Listen here when.
Speaker 9: Victory Monday after defeating the Philadelphia Eagles, and on top of that, like like how said, we lost six years of our lives over the course of those sixty minutes, but we are alive this morning.
Speaker 1: I was unbothered. It a line this. I was bothered. Oh no, okay, I bothered they did.
Speaker 7: Is very much unbothered.
Speaker 9: During the game, they did see that ball away.
Speaker 6: There were two people in the press box that got a little like side note on needing to just chill out a little bit, And both both of them are sitting to my right.
Speaker 8: Both of them show a little bit they do.
Speaker 6: It wasn't anything bad, but it was just the excitement of the game. And even I had to like bite my tongue.
Speaker 1: A couple of times.
Speaker 8: I'm sitting there like biting my fifth like trying.
Speaker 1: To say I'm not biting anything.
Speaker 3: There was somebody that was in the press box behind me and she was losing her mind. I said it was twenty one zero at the time. She's like, what is going on? I said, they're going to win? She said what I said, They're gonna win. As long as they score before the half, they're gonna win.
Speaker 1: And they did.
Speaker 7: You know, it's funny, and so that's why.
Speaker 8: Isaiah was up in arms, just because he had a prediction.
Speaker 1: He was cheering for.
Speaker 7: Right right, that was chill. What's funny, though, is when you're watching the game and you're close to Isaiah and then BC Berry Church and it's not going off with the cowboys. They're They're still like chopping it up, having a good time. It's like watching a Statler and Waldorf from the Muppets, these old men like they're terrible, like you know uh, and it's so frustrating. And as a fan, I'm sitting like right next to Isaiah and he's like he's smiling. I'm just like, what did I walk by and tell you we're about to get a turnover. Yeah yeah, and a few plays later that that came true. And there's lots to be said about this game, lots of feelings, lots of things that I can share. But why why does anybody want to hear from me? I think of anybody? No, no, no, I think of anybody we might want to hear from three times Super Bowl champion Hall of Fame Michael Irvin. Beam hit me?
Speaker 1: What what?
Speaker 3: What's the insurance policy for flipping over the for real? You're gonna talk about? Hear from the other potential Hall of favor.
Speaker 7: No, no, I think it was no better than said than Michael Irvin in that moment.
Speaker 6: I love how there was just no actual word until we want that out.
Speaker 9: Hold on not to be lost in the mix, the classic Michael Irvin gift, give me my audio?
Speaker 1: Where's my audio?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: I got I got? I got it good. We love ourselves some micros.
Speaker 7: I retweeted that. I was like, that's my humble response after winning a football game?
Speaker 1: Is I just first all?
Speaker 9: First off, we're the Eagles fans that were in the Are they awake now? I don't see them checking in. I don't see them checking in. Oh we'll get with you in a second. Man, I'm not gonna sit here and even pretend. I never pretend. But Isaiah Kyle Josh knows over the first quarter in a three quarters the game one in three quarters. Uh yeah, I wasn't. I wasn't okay. I wasn't okay. Bubble gus. Yeah, No, it wasn't even bubble gus. It was just I was pissed. It wasn't nervous upset. It was just like, what the hell? And my witness, why are you not getting up for this game?
Speaker 1: Like you should be getting up for this game. You did everything you could to give this game away.
Speaker 9: The interception in the end zone without real pressure in his face through off the back foot.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 9: Cavante Turpin, turf monster? And the list goes on and on, and then the drops from CD, and the list goes on and on and and then it happened, And then it happened. The George happened. What was that who scored that touchdown right before the core? Hey, okay, that lit a fire going into the half. And then I don't know if Schottenheimer used Jordan's magic spray from space jam right, No, but they came out and that.
Speaker 3: Defense before before you get to Jorge definitely got the touchdown before the half. But kudos to the competitive nature of one Cavante Terpen, because real competitors, when they make a big mistake and they hurt their team, they are so adamant and irate their irate and they're adamant about making a player to make up for that. Right, Like like you are like hoping and praying for an opportunity to touch the ball so that you can make up for the mistake that you had. People who aren't competitors are gonna whatever. You know, stuff happens. He wanted the ball, right, There's multiple times he touched the ball, but he made a big time play on a broken play to put the ball in position for Georgia.
Speaker 1: To be able to score.
Speaker 7: Yes, indeed, that was an excellent play by him. And we're Beam and I were just talking about this before the show. It's like Cavanti Turpin at least this year has been sort of a boomer Bus player. Yes, because you had that, you had the fumble, you had that amazing catch put them back into the game, but you also had another drop that almost fell into the arms yep of Zach Bond. So it's consistency there, but for him to put you in that position to get that score right before half, that's a big reason why you want this game.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 9: To that point and to that point, you saw so much resiliency across the Ford, so many players, not just resiliency within this game. Cavante Turpin, he has to fumble, then he makes the chunk play over the middle, and he rattles that off for almost fifty yards ceedee.
Speaker 1: Lamb with all the drops.
Speaker 9: But then when they absolutely had to have it on the free play deep to the right side. What an incredible catch. Sam Williams, He's a guy who definitely needed to show something at some point this season. Run guns them down from behind, punches out the ball, Cowboys recover, and then you.
Speaker 1: Have guys who were looking to prove themselves.
Speaker 6: Elijah Clark, That rep Mom Elijah Clark on special teams might be my favorite individual effort I may have ever.
Speaker 7: Seen during my every special teams coach needs to copy that play and teach forever, teach that exactly what that was. Isaiah. I need you to speak to this.
Speaker 3: If you if anybody had questions about players that don't necessarily get in the game on offense or defense, and wire guys on the team that he That is literally the definition of a special tennis player. You wonder why guys are on rosters for a number of years and you don't see them show up on the stat line. That right there is the reason why the guys like that are all across this league. That go out there and just give one hundred effort balls to the wall. You can't put this dude in the ground. Oh yeah, he did put him in the ground.
Speaker 1: He got up. Oh he put him in the ground again. Oh, he got up. Oh, and then he went up there.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna keep playing, get back to my lane assignments, and then somebody's gotta pay. Since I got shoved down a couple of times, somebody's got to pay for this. So let me go ahead. Let me go ahead and take my analog stick and go somebody real quick and go ahead and force up shut the game.
Speaker 1: Listen, the effort that.
Speaker 3: He exhuded on that is literally indicative of the heart of everybody who's fighting to be on a roster.
Speaker 1: And that's why he's on this roster.
Speaker 7: And to that point, what we've talked about before in the Mike McCarthy era, where it's like you get down like that twenty one points more often than not, I want to say, almost every single time you're down. Yeah, every single every single time you're down that much. Those cowboys did not find a way to call back into the game.
Speaker 1: A culture it's a culture change.
Speaker 7: It's a culture change with Brian Schottenheimer where they did not stop granted they didn't stop shooting themselves in the foot, they did it a lot less than the fourth They found a way I'm going to I mean, it's a culture change.
Speaker 9: Both sides of the ball coaching wise. That were plays where it's just like, you can't do that right. There was some some plays that refluse ran where like the touchdown where Donald was assigned to the flat and kind of left bland you know, but Booty naked on the back end for AJ to get inside with no safety protection and what are we doing there? However, also true that man from that point forward, he called a hell of a game because from that point, for the most part, you saw punk punk punk force fumblem takeaway pun punk force FuMB. I was like, oh oh my, oh mine. Then on the offensive side of the ball. Shotty, I really need you to stop running the ball with your wide receivers. Stop doing that, please. But once he stopped doing that, it shouts out to Javonte because he just continues to turn forward and shouts out to the offensive line for the Dallas Cowboys. Jalen Carter played yesterday, right you sure?
Speaker 1: Okay? Jordan Davis played yesterday? Right, yep? Sure? Jaylen Phillis played yesterday.
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: They played one half? Did they played one? Barely? I'll give you that. There are a couple of times I give you that.
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, hard Cooper had Cooper got a quarter, had one of one of Carter's pressures was unblocked when he early in the game, when he chased right, he was unblocked.
Speaker 7: But Javonte Williams in past protector, not my goodness.
Speaker 1: One time he got blown.
Speaker 7: He got the one time Nikobe Dean, I think, well, I saw one.
Speaker 1: Was a great watch you sack.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 9: But at the same time, said Williams down to Brevin span forward, he picked that up. There was another chunk play where he picked up the blitzer in the backfield.
Speaker 3: So you can't just blaze by the fact that Brevin span Ford could have easily tumbled and rumbled and fell over.
Speaker 1: Kep that he kept his feet.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he kept the fact that he was able to recover stumbling.
Speaker 3: I would have a c l trying to stay up at least would have thought about doing a front roll. Said nope, I'm getting staying on my.
Speaker 7: Getting my first touchdown.
Speaker 1: This his name moment.
Speaker 9: He's these young guys that have proved himself, like Elijah Clark on defense and Brevan span four on offense. And I said it in real time, so this is not hindsight, but in real time that deep pass on the wheel route to school and I was like, what is that? Not brill If you twe did that, I guess they hurt me because they gave you my bread touchdown at the end. They clamped on defense. And there's so much to talk about it. We'll talk about all of it. Offense, yes, Ken Jodi Bickins, Yes, but this defense man so the biggest thing.
Speaker 1: Davis.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 8: He was fine, he did he had a good hit.
Speaker 1: What it's a lot of what abouts in this game. I love that.
Speaker 6: And that's the thing is, I don't want to just scatter brain all of this because it's a hard game to break down. I want to kind of attack this as we go along us focus. I'm raining it back in here when it comes to the defense. If you really look at it, Philadelphia over the course of the game, first half and second half, so even when it was twenty one to nothing, the only three scores from Philadelphia came off of major Dallas mistakes. Correct major The first one fourth down and three from the fifty yard line on the opening.
Speaker 1: Drive of the game.
Speaker 6: First off, what we do win to get fourth down and three and just to give the football back to the reigning Super Bowl champions. After the opening you're just, yeah, you're considering, you're you're waving the white flag at that point they go down.
Speaker 7: And you're saying that you're desperate as well.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, you're saying, we don't trust our defense to get a stop. We need points here if we cross midfield, there needs to be points. So first off, so there's the first one, fourth down and three turns into a touchdown, seven nothing Philadelphia. Second drive for Philadelphia, you get a stop, great play by Kayln Carson on the boundary. Awesome play to take down was at Barkley at that point and believe this parting was by you take him down and open field on a third down and long, you make the tackle force the punt. Then Marrisleafou gets the roughing the punter, which I will contend I think he tipped the football and it should not have been a penalty.
Speaker 1: He didn't tip it, Floid tipped it.
Speaker 6: But the tip ball, whatever it ends up being, I think it probably should not have been a penalty.
Speaker 8: However, it was still a big thing.
Speaker 9: The league said that they shouldn't have been penalty and that they're blaming the network. They're saying Fox didn't get the footage to them fest enough in.
Speaker 7: The couch could have challenged.
Speaker 9: That is basically throwing Fox under the bus and saying it could have been overturned.
Speaker 1: But didn't get it quick enough.
Speaker 6: No, didn't get but anyway, anyways, fifteen yard penalty drive continues. It ends up in a touchdown fourteen nothing Philadelphia. Then the Cavante Turpin fumble that gives Philadelphia a short field. Even then penalties in a big play by the defense push them back a little bit and they have to go back down the field. Have the big completion of the Vonte Smith and then it ends up in a touchdown with the touch push to put it up twenty one to nothing. So the twenty one points that were spotted for Philadelphia to start the football game came off of major, major mistakes. So if you really look at it, anytime the defense was given a clean slate against the Philadelphia offense, check that box. Yep, it was really impressive what they were able to do on the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 1: And was it perfect?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: Was it spotless?
Speaker 6: And now, like you did with your paper, hold it up and say, is it now going to imply that the Cowboys have a Super Bowl championship caliber defense. No, but it is the second straight game where you've seen significant improvement, and this time it was against the formidable opponent offense that was struggling.
Speaker 8: We were talking about.
Speaker 6: That too, but still something that you got to keep in mind moving forward.
Speaker 9: And that last thing you said is one of the most important things because after the last week's game, which was the debut of Quinn Williams and those guys on defense, to go out and they have just a monster day, and so many fans rightfully, so they're like, okay, well, well it's positive. It's trending, but it's just the Raiders. I agree, both things were true. Yep, you can't say that this week.
Speaker 7: We said that on this show a few weeks ago. It's like, if we go in and beat the Raiders, Okay, sure, but if you go in and beat the Raiders and the Eagles, then you actually have some momentum, go like, you've beat a good team, that's a really good team that you play.
Speaker 8: Hell yeah, and had.
Speaker 7: Fan bases aside six.
Speaker 8: They had not trailed in a single game since week six.
Speaker 6: Dude, technically, I guess they haven't trailed now because they were you'll go.
Speaker 1: Win through with zero zero zero enough.
Speaker 9: Man, their levels to this, so excited about the win, so excited about the defense, so excited about so many pieces on offense that showed up and showed out. But dude, they were up twenty one zero, and at that point, Isaiah and now we were like, well, you're passing the sticks.
Speaker 1: It's skunk grew right yeah, mm plug that console right on back. N I mean, how easy.
Speaker 9: Josh made a great point in the McCarthy era versus the Shatnhamer era. How easy would it have been for the Cowboys four to five and one down twenty one to zero, just to mail it in to the defending champs to start making business decisions out there and saying, you know what, let me focus on twenty twenty six. I don't want to make this tackle. I don't want to end up on an I on. I'm a free agency next year. Blah blah blah. Man those boys out there on all three phases and said no, sir, not today, Satan.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I've ever seen, at least during our time of being outside the locker room for postgame, I don't know if I've ever seen a happier Cowboys team.
Speaker 1: Well collectively, the.
Speaker 6: Coaching staff that was up in the booth, yeah, came down yelling as they were walking.
Speaker 8: Yeah, just getting ready to celebrate.
Speaker 10: There.
Speaker 1: You had all sorts of guys.
Speaker 6: You had Jerry Jones fist pumping with his group as he walked into the locker room. I mean, they were really, really excited. It was a fun win across the board. When we come back offense, of course, they had some some ups and downs.
Speaker 1: Everybody had ups and down.
Speaker 6: Took a park game, but Dak Prescott is now the all time leading passer for this Dallas Cowboys team. We're gonna talk about his performance. George Pickens. My god, dude, this is nuts. This is getting crazy after the break, Okay, when we come back after the break, every.
Speaker 10: Day begins with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build a future. That's why we're here providing the tools, expertise and John Deere equipment you have relied on for generations to help you get the job done right.
Speaker 2: We're with you.
Speaker 10: That's our promise to you, because no matter the project or the challenge you're facing, where with you?
Speaker 1: Where are united?
Speaker 6: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag, box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 1: I'm home.
Speaker 9: Hey mom, Before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 11: Nice, Hey, can you an Yes, I've got the finale ready to play.
Speaker 1: Here's your wine.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 8: Isn't it nice not having to ask?
Speaker 1: We think so.
Speaker 11: That's why if there's a network interruption, at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guaranteed credit for fiber downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single incident Pact ten more towers. Strictions and exclusions apply. Att dot Com slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 1: How's it going you see that Cowboys game? Oh? I watched. I've been seeing some good things totally. They have some talent. You have some great talent, and.
Speaker 2: They got some fight hoping this is the year me too.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis. Nice to meet you. Travis. Go Cowboys Go.
Speaker 9: Cowboys make a new friend based solely on their shirt choice.
Speaker 7: What would you like the power to do?
Speaker 3: Bank of America, the official bank of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Copyright twenty twenty five. Bank of America Corporation.
Speaker 2: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. Back with Patrick Nosey Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah stand back, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans. Hope you were your Black Rifle Coffee gear to a local or a Cowboys gear to a local Black Rifle Coffee to get ten percent off your entire.
Speaker 7: What if you wear a Black Rifle coffee gear too.
Speaker 1: To a Cowboys game?
Speaker 6: Cowboys game, I don't think they'd give you anything, but it would be fun. It would look good. Zero percent off. But thanks for being here. Cowboys get to win.
Speaker 8: It is a victory Monday. What do you get you some thank you? Is that what you wanted?
Speaker 1: Freakingday? This guy doesn't know the bits Hyeah, definitely not me.
Speaker 6: All right, Cowboys win twenty four to twenty one over the Philadelphia Eagles. It is a victory Monday. Hope you're all having a phenomenal day. But I want to talk about this offensealked a little bit about the defense and what they did and how impressive it was, and we'll continue to break that down throughout the week. But the offense did what they needed to do. They made every play they needed to except for the ones that were on fourth down apparently and the goal line and we'll talk about that.
Speaker 1: Man and open and yeah, that kind of thing too. They got it done.
Speaker 6: But George Pickens, Dak Prescott still special at what they do.
Speaker 8: Patrick, Do you have anything to say about George Pickens?
Speaker 9: Mother may I, you may go dogs listen here. Everyone in the family is starting to understand what was already known. Okay, George Pickens in Pittsburghscott's words, Pittsburgh had no idea Dave Prescott's after the game, he said, He's not from here, He's not from this planet. George Pickens is a xenomorph. Guess if you will absolutely tell you he's the one that had Sigourney Weaver just in a whole panic.
Speaker 1: Alien.
Speaker 9: Mother may I, Yeah, no ball jokes aside. George Pickens is an absolute animal. He's a dog inside of a dog inside of a dog. When they needed it most, every single time they dialed up his number, he answered, mister telephone man, there's nothing wrong with his line.
Speaker 1: You understand me.
Speaker 9: So when you're whether you're talking about possession catches key critical possession catches to move the chains or you're talking about I'm just gonna heave this up and George Pickens is down there somewhere yep.
Speaker 7: Nine of nine. If I'm not mistake that catch and dope, that seems pretty good. Oh my god, was in human genuinely, not much I can say about that.
Speaker 9: Put to say that he wasn't done there, because here come the Cowboys on you know, the eventual game winning drive, and they're at the fifty yard line and Butter is warming up on the sideline, and everybody feel even though Butter missed the earlier one, the fifty one yard is still Butter. So we're feeling pretty good about Thateorge Pickens was like, I didn't say you could kick from the fifty yard line. I'm going to take this ball up the middle and run him for some more yak and put him in position which just a little forty yard chip shot George Pickens along with so many other factors, you know, so many other players who stepped up and made a play. But we're talking about Pickens, and right now I'm actually disappointed in you, Jerry Jones. I'm disappointed that there was not a contract at George Pickens locker immediately after the game. I need that deal done yesterday.
Speaker 6: I'm sure there was, and that his agent was like, we need Yeah, there may have been, and then George and his agent just went.
Speaker 1: I need this deal done yes day.
Speaker 9: Seriously, George Pickens, he is everything I knew he was all he was. I love the fact that you're starting to hear Dak Prescott and others say that he's become a leader, and we heard that earlier in the season, how he talks in the huddle and things like that. George Pickens is everything but that he needs to be and more. And thank you, Pittsburgh, thank you.
Speaker 7: But I was told that he gave you was gonna shut him down. Who I was told Mitchell is gonna shut down?
Speaker 1: Who told you that?
Speaker 7: I don't know? Philly fan four.
Speaker 9: Five one, Quinyan Mitchell, please please quit yan?
Speaker 1: Am I right?
Speaker 9: Seriously, man, nobody in the league has anything for George Pickens right or like Quinn Yon oh right here, nobody in the league has anything for George Pickens right now, not not no, nobody show me a defense that has a defensive back that is capable of stopping George Pickens in the groove he's in right now. Don't waste your time, but try because it's fun for me to laugh at you.
Speaker 7: Now we kind of have to have the CD lame conversation. Yeah, I mean genuinely, guys, what are we feeling as far as their chemistry together? Do we feel like CDC and ghosts when he's going up against the Philadelphia It's just and genuine I'm just bringing this up because that's been a lot of the the discussion after the game. It's like, what's wrong with Ceedee Lamb going up against He looks like a different player, confident, He's in his head.
Speaker 1: He's in his head, just pressing him. That's what I mean. He's just in his head.
Speaker 7: Because I faced as many double coverages as you might think, No, as.
Speaker 9: A lot of the time he was the clearout guy as a full NFL player.
Speaker 1: How do you get out of your head once you get in your head like that?
Speaker 3: I mean, everybody, every person is different, right, So I don't know what it is for a CD. I do believe that I would understand that CD was probably more heightened this game than he probably wasn't any other game, simply because of what occurred in week one, so he's probably he was probably thinking about that, the errors that he had, the drops that he had in week one, it was like, Okay, you're not going to drop this one, and then you drop it right, and there's kind of a snowball effect. So I think that he faced that he did make a big catch. Oh yeah, the game, he still had good yardage, right, he still had a good game.
Speaker 7: Over Cooper Degen maybe yeah, and use him he also.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he did good things. I mean, let's not let's let's not act like he had a bad game. He just drops making had a bad games for.
Speaker 3: Alarm Longer had a bad he was but he had eleven attempts, he had four receptions. That's what people are going to say. They're going to talk about the drops. Those are all things that, yeah, they're warranted. You can question them, you can wonder what's going on. But at the end of the day, I think he's just a competitor that was pressing too hard instead of just allowing the game to come to him.
Speaker 1: Those are plays that he makes in his sleep.
Speaker 3: I don't know, if you know, there could be a number of things that we can sit up here and speculate on right. I don't know if the pressure is on him because George Pickens is doing so well and he feels like he has to do you know, do above and beyond. There could be a thousand things, but ultimately, you know, hopefully he works his way out of it and he continues to be productive.
Speaker 7: He's human ultimately, absolutely, And to be fair, I think Dak was pushing really early on too. He was forced half. He was forcing it absolutely, and I think not putting it in a good spot for Seed. I mean that that interception was not a.
Speaker 3: Good correct if you go watch if you obviously you watch the film, because that's what we do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what we do here that you could tell.
Speaker 3: And as a former quarterback, when you're one of your main guys, right, if not your main guy is struggling, right, and you know that you want to give him opportunities to get out of that, you start forcing the ball to And that's exactly what Dak started doing. Dak started forcing the balls and trying trying to get him touches.
Speaker 1: And it wasn't almost had him he should have would have been. I don't know how.
Speaker 6: I don't know how he didn't hold onto that ball. I really, I'm not even saying that to hate like that type of a player.
Speaker 3: That was game over. So I mean, yeah, he'll be fine. He'll be fine. I mean, but he just as a competitor, you just have to let let it come to you.
Speaker 7: It sucks that he has basically a whole year before he can prove it again against the Eagles over.
Speaker 1: Possibly not possibly. I just don't think his point.
Speaker 9: I don't think it's a coincidence that, you know, the majority of his drops this season has come against the Eagles. He's trying so hard to have a breakout game against the Eagles this season for some reason that it's having the opposite intended to fix. But I'm not going to sit here not longer moved from a season where he got put up seventeen hundred and a bunch of touchdowns and jump on board with some of these other fans that are saying, oh, well, you know what can we do to move on from to now? We're not We're not doing that. We're not doing that because one of the reasons we're mate now. George Pickens. Don't get me wrong, he is cooking in and of itself. He is absolutely cooking.
Speaker 7: He raised a thousand yards, but he is.
Speaker 9: Thousand yards I think a thousand and fifty give or take for only the second time in his career. And he is i think second in the league in touchdowns, fourth, fourth in the league touchdowns, second in the league in yardage. Yeah, yeah, Jackson Smith. Yes, And so he's he's absolutely eating. That being said, we're not going to pretend that one of the reasons. The other reason is he's a dog. One of the other reasons he's eating is because teams still have to account for ceed Lamb. So while fans may not be giving Ceedee Lamb the respect because he's, you know, having a sequence of drops, believe me, defensive coordinators are going to continue to give CD still has seventy five yards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and people, that's the down game.
Speaker 3: I remember that he only he had one of them was fifty yards, So the heck what, like, you know, that's what he does.
Speaker 1: Seventy five yards. Forty eight yard was a huge catch too.
Speaker 6: Talking about the one where where Lamb or where pickings went up in double coverage, the one where Lamb had an and one he gets pied on the on the sideline.
Speaker 8: He still goes up to grab him, like that's still what it's all about.
Speaker 3: Let's I mean obviously I'm almost wow, very detailed, don'tkay, I was gonna use Those are both under throws. Both of those players are underthrows. Those are, in my eyes, there are multiple touchdowns that were left on the field because the ball was underthrown. So I I mentioned this during the game, and I was sitting next to BCU during the game. I'm a little concerned about Dak's throwing power right now. It's it's something that is not alarming to I was imagine the outside viewers, but it's something to pay attention to. This is the first time that I've seen we're is struggling to get the ball down the field on the money.
Speaker 1: Like he go back and watch the film.
Speaker 3: This year, it's been a lot of underthrows, a lot of underthrows, and I'm concerned as to what is contributing to that.
Speaker 1: I go all the way back to training camp and say.
Speaker 3: Okay, I know his hamstring is healthy, but you know it is a hip, right, he had a little hip thing going on this way, but like these balls are five four or five yards underthrown.
Speaker 1: Where these guys are having to stop turn around.
Speaker 3: George Pickens play should have been a walk in touchdown, but he had to stop and make a you know, an acrobatic catch ceedee lamb had to stop turning around, jump around. So just think about what could have been. I'm glad you'll take the catch, right. I'd rather take a catch and the overthrow all day long. Right, So of course that's the that's the other side of the coin. Right, I can throw try to throw it on the money and I can overthrow it, or I can just throw it up there and hope that he comes down with to give him a chance. So that's occurring, right, You're get in the completion and so you take that win. But something to continue to keep your eye on that these balls are not getting but as far as they as they once did.
Speaker 7: As long as you have the receivers that are able to make the plays on like, that's that's where I'm at, and that's what he currently has. And you can't just knock it, you know. I mean, even if the ball is not getting exactly where it needs to be, sure the talent enough to get you there.
Speaker 6: The CD catch was forty eight yards downfield. The George Pickens play was forty three yards downfield. So it's still I agree with you, there's still maybe a ten yard element there where you can hit him on the run and hit him and stride. However, the you're still seeing Dak Prescott throw it fifty yards again having a con.
Speaker 3: Very particular right, I'm being a real detailed I'm.
Speaker 7: Being very circumcising the mosquito.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I mean, I'm not taking anything away from Dak. I'm just saying that's Jarry Jones.
Speaker 3: There's as we start getting as you start getting these games right, like you start playing art this, we're still in the gauntlet now, yeah, you're still in the Gatlet you.
Speaker 1: Play one super Bowl team. You're about to play another Super Bowl team right in a very short week.
Speaker 3: So I'm saying, like, sometimes you would like to see some of these plays be touchdown plays instead of having to go out and snap the ball again, you know, from five ten yards out.
Speaker 1: Oh, I get it.
Speaker 9: Also true, and Isaiah makes excellent points and like, for example that to excuse me, the interception in the end zone was because he threw off his back foot, didn't have to throw off his back, so he couldn't drive the ball. If he can, if he plants and drives, then that ball is on a rope and it's there probably before or at least at least it's probably not a layer. It ended up being a layups. But in the end, are the Eagle? Is the Eagles defense one of the best in the league?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 7: Absolutely?
Speaker 9: Okay, three hundred and fifty four yards, two passing touchdowns, one oh three point two passer rating with a rushing touchdown, go for it. I like those words, all right, And then, like Cale said going into the break, that Prescott is now your new Cowboys franchise all time leading passer. He passed Tony Romo and in a comeback win and a comeback win for his twenty fifth career game winning drive. Oh okay, and now he sits at thirty four thy three hundred and seventy eight passing yards for his career and he's just thirty two. So he has more games this season to wreck up more, more years in his career to recup more. Of course, what matters more is getting that elusive Super Bowl. But man, we're not going to sit here and pretend that Dak Prescott is not, and has not been for a little while now, one of the best quarterbacks in the history of this franchise, and he just continues to etch his name into that history book. So congratulations for him and so glad that that came on a night. Whether it was not an embarrassing loss attached to it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, nineteenth career game for Dak with three hundred and fifty passing yards stay nineteenth out of those and it is it is very good.
Speaker 8: You want to know how good?
Speaker 1: Oh? Good?
Speaker 8: Do you want to know how good?
Speaker 1: I do?
Speaker 6: Tied for the third most in the NFL since entering the league in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 8: You want to know the three that he's tied with I do?
Speaker 1: One of them is Jared Goff, so good quarterback.
Speaker 6: Okay, uh, The other one is Patrick Mahomes okay. And the other one is Tom Brady thank god, with.
Speaker 1: Two legs and okay, two legends and the Superman.
Speaker 8: And the guy you gotta play this week?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 8: Yeah, one of the guys a full week to prepare.
Speaker 1: I hope we got four days three.
Speaker 9: But before we get there, back to the good stuff you mentioned nineteen was correct me from wrong? That win against the Eagles was Dak's nineteenth straight Was it his nineteen straight division win at home?
Speaker 6: Something like that. He's now twenty two and two. Okay, I think I think it's just it might be nineteen. Yeah, okay, I just wanted to make sure that. Okay, So he does absolutely own the.
Speaker 9: Rest of the NFC East wins and t Stadium. Well, he owns the Giants period. Yeah, no matter where they Saturn, the surface of Saturn, it doesn't matter. But yeah, it's just great and Dak Prescott, he obviously showed the resiliency as well from the interception and some of the throws early, the decisions that he lucked out, Zach Bond drops the interception that might have been ball game, but kept going, kept pushing, kept going, kept pushing, and helped lift this Cowboys team to just one of the most I don't want to be a victim of recency bias, but probably top three for me as far as experience, it's a great experience.
Speaker 1: And yeah, great team win.
Speaker 8: It was a team win.
Speaker 6: It took all three phases and all everybody on the field, every single person on that team needed to get it done. And maybe even a little divine intervention.
Speaker 1: Too from a little bit four too.
Speaker 6: So now I will say I think one of my favorite stats about this whole thing, this whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, let's go.
Speaker 6: Here's the thing about the jerseys that were on display, the Kelly Greens.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh yeah, awesome jersey.
Speaker 6: As much as I love a throwback Philadelphia, I love those throwbacks.
Speaker 1: They're great. Philadelphia was five and oh in the Kelly Greens they brought back.
Speaker 6: There's a reason why, because the Dallas Cowboys are the first team to defeat the Philadelphia Eagles and wearing their Kelly green throwback uniforms.
Speaker 7: Maybe don't name your color after a woman. Mmm, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Smelly greens. They are smelly greens. You know, I go Cowboys would be fun. I wonder if on the flight home with.
Speaker 9: Their al if I'm picturing it so blaughing, if Jalen Hurts is just like Ice staring AJ Brown like you got your hundred yards.
Speaker 1: I hope you're happy. Yeah, you're happy.
Speaker 7: I hope Brendan Graham is wearing his Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Flight text him and I hope Nick Sirianna thought about it.
Speaker 1: Do it? I thought about it. Do it to do it all right.
Speaker 6: When we come back, We've got some smelly stickers to give away our players of the game. This one's gonna be nice and sweet. More talking cowboys right after this. If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 12: If you shout how about them cowboys, you have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you are one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat. Better yet, gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious, ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 7: The wins will be even tastier. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 6: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order.
Speaker 1: Plus.
Speaker 6: Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 7: I'm home, Hey mom, Before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: Hey can you he hon? Yes, I've got the finale ready to play.
Speaker 1: Here's your wine.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Isn't it nice not having to ask? We think so.
Speaker 11: That's why if there's a network interruption, at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fiber downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single incident impact in ten more towers.
Speaker 1: The strictions in exclusions apply. It's a att dot Com slash guarantee. For details.
Speaker 2: To the Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Back here on Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company. This segment is brought to you by invisil Line, the official smile.
Speaker 8: Of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: A couple extra smiles today as the Cowboys get it done twenty four to twenty one, the final score over Philadelphia. And of course, as always on a victory Monday, we give out our smelly stickers. We give out our their scratch and sniff stickers for the most part that we put on this Cowboys helmet throughout the year, and we give out our players of the game. It's our version of helmets stickers. And we've done this back since twenty twenty. We've got a couple of new variety stickers to showcase.
Speaker 8: We're gonna let Patrick get us started.
Speaker 9: Yeah really quickly, since some of the family is asking for it.
Speaker 1: They say, hold up, the sign. No, see, that's good. As we're having our funny, we're going to have it.
Speaker 6: Can I say something on that real, quol i? This sign is still accurate to this point. But we've already outlined in the incredible run that it would take to get to the playoffs in.
Speaker 1: The first place.
Speaker 6: If you make it in, you're gonna be red hot. Let's just put that out there. So if you get in, there's a shot. There's absolutely a chance because you're going to be on an absolute heater ending the season and beating some of the best teams in the NFL to get there in the first place is a part of that run. So that signs accurate right now because I do I think that's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not.
Speaker 6: However, if you make it in, there's a really good shot that you are going to be one of the hottest teams in the league. Not the same defense it was three weeks ago, Not at all, And it looks completely that.
Speaker 7: Three weeks ago, four weeks ago.
Speaker 1: It wasn't just against the Raiders, now, was it.
Speaker 7: No, it was not.
Speaker 1: We'll see what they do this week.
Speaker 9: All right, off, jump off with with the smelly stickers.
Speaker 1: I'm going with bananas, Banana, going with bananas.
Speaker 7: Okay, Potassi, love it, love it.
Speaker 9: I'm going to give this to none other than undrafted free agents signing out of QS. Going to give this to Elijah Clark. Now hustle play why because that play was freaking bananas.
Speaker 7: Elijah Clark, bananas Foster, if you will.
Speaker 9: Bananas be a an as he got knocked down not once but twice and then got blocked in the back and still got up, kept motoring and absolutely sent.
Speaker 1: The returner through the gates of hell. Force fumble.
Speaker 9: Cowboys recover one of the game changing plays, and I love that for that young man. So, Elijah Clark, your bananas, my friend, Well do excellent.
Speaker 7: One thing I gotta say before I sign off for Talking Cowboys this week, there were a lot of comments coming through as soon as the tucket zeros sounds from the sideline. So many people like where is it? Man Like, yeah, no, I know, it's all in good fun. I laughed a lot, but to be fair, I don't want to make it sound like I'm taking credit for something from the sideline. That is Alex Lilly. He edits it. He's the brains, he's the man behind sounds from the sideline. I just publish it. It's not me, but wait, give us a little bit. It's a short week, so just give it break. Anyways, my spilly sticker today is going to be if I can get it off the thing, it's going to be a donut. You don't know why that is? Because the Dallas Cowboys held the Philadelphia Eagles to zero and I mean zero a donut in the second half. Impressive work for by your Dallas Cowboys defense. And I'll go ahead and give it to Matt Eberflus this week defensive coordinator. Okay, he did some things.
Speaker 8: I like it very nicely done.
Speaker 7: If I can get it off, you go ahead, Isaiah.
Speaker 1: Let me pass it off to Kyle.
Speaker 8: Oh you let me do it a little bit.
Speaker 1: What's taking you so long? Asaiah? Stole my if I claimed it first, sir, the first of my head. You know, don't get fed. So I got a question for you guys. What's the question?
Speaker 8: What is like the official Philadelphia food?
Speaker 1: Right? Like cheese steak? Like cheese WHI was not real cheese exactly.
Speaker 6: They like cheese steaks and I love me a good solid cheesecake or cheese steak.
Speaker 1: I think they're they're good. I like cheesecake too. Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 8: However, you know what they don't have.
Speaker 1: In Philadelphia, they don't have any good tacos.
Speaker 6: They're tacos and Philly or because they're Philly, because you're gross. However, Dallas has some pretty solid tacos. Little text Max, I got a three pack of tacos right here where they are like chuck full with with the red bell peppers, the green bell peppers, the beef.
Speaker 1: They got all sorts.
Speaker 6: Of stuff inside the tacos. But there's three of them there. So I'm gonna give a little three pack tacos to our top three wide receivers because they all needed to make plays in this game to get it done. George Pickens a buck forty again in a touchdown he had Ceedee Lamb. It wasn't his best game, but he made a big play on the forty eight yard.
Speaker 8: Or down the right sideline.
Speaker 6: Still had seventy five yards on four receptions. And then Cavante Turpin he had the big fumble, but what did he do, Isaiah? He got back up and he made the plays necessary to get the job done. So this is going to go to the wide receiving cores three pack of tacos right there, and it's going to be nice and savory.
Speaker 1: That week talk about it.
Speaker 7: Had a lamb taco.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, I don't know. Yeah, what you think it might be?
Speaker 8: It might be I'm doing I'm having the same price.
Speaker 1: Are you ready? I am ready? Alrighty, right then? Okay.
Speaker 3: We talked about a lot of different A lot of different people contributed to this victory, and ultimately it required everybody's input. We needed everybody to make plays. Elijah Clark, Quinn Williams, Osadigi Zua. I can go down the list. Everybody made a play, right, Brandon Aubrey missed one, came back and get hit one. A lot of guys had up and down games, but everybody made contributions towards the victory.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a culture thing. Sound like a culture thing.
Speaker 3: So you know who's responsible for the culture of the Dallas Cowboy might be on one.
Speaker 1: Brian shot Knight.
Speaker 3: You know what he did to the Philadelphia Eagles yesterday. He left a sour taste in their mouth. Hey, you know what I'm saying, had a little little lime here, left a sour taste in their mouth. So shout out to coach Shoty. How about that, coach Shoty, get a Shoty for me. You did one heck of a job building this team, man and making sure that everybody stayed locked in. They could have easily quit, and everybody did their job. Nobody looked down, nobody feels sorry for themselves. They all picked each other up. They all contributed to this victory and Philly left out.
Speaker 9: So what you're saying is what you're saying is he made Philly puk her up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did that her up. Philly, look at it right in front. It's much needed. It's good stuff.
Speaker 7: Brown there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it looks good right there. The crown of the helmet frown.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 8: That does it for us here on talking cowboys.
Speaker 6: Hope you had some fun with us today. Hey, good news. We're back tomorrow and we are gonna take some calls. We're gonna we're gonna take the phone calls because we weren't.
Speaker 8: Able to do that last week. So we're gonna take some phone calls.
Speaker 6: Plus, we're gonna start kind of turning the page a little bit.
Speaker 1: Start throwing out your turkey to Thursday.
Speaker 8: Yeah, start throwing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So it's Wednesday, the full preview or are we doing something.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do some preview tomorrow.
Speaker 6: We'll talk about it in the group text with some prevy tomorrow and then and then full preview Wednesday will have probably QB Vision and Science Lab Winda.
Speaker 7: We can do that.
Speaker 6: It's kind of my thunt. We can do that, and then we'll do some pick'ms. So it's all over the place.
Speaker 7: I'll do I'll do it. Get I'll do one.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I'll do one.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about it. We're gonna game plan.
Speaker 6: We've got two loaded shows Tuesday and Wednesday. You don't want to miss it going into Thursday and a matchup on Thanksgiving with the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys take down the.
Speaker 6: Eagles twenty four twenty one for Patrick noc Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah Standback, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeoman saying.
Speaker 1: So long go Cowboys. Way to get it done.
Speaker 8: Guys Cry, Eagles Cry.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.