Speaker 1: Injuries from the game.
Speaker 2: Juwan Jennings had an ankle, he returned, Aaron Banks had a calf contusion.
Speaker 1: Did not that was it.
Speaker 3: Johnson ran with a ton of conviction against a really good defense.
Speaker 1: Wove was your thoughts of his performance? I thought he runs like he always does.
Speaker 2: I mean, when you get him the ball, he breaks tackles, usually gets more than we block.
Speaker 1: Then we blocked four.
Speaker 2: When we had the good lanes, he always hit him and got a bunch. But JP was awesome today. Uh, just the same stuff that was bothering them all week. There was a little too much today. Game time decision. He came in just talking to him about it.
Speaker 1: It was still there.
Speaker 2: I thought it was gonna be smart to keep him out, and glad we did. Jordan's said after the game he was told on Friday night and he was gonna start.
Speaker 1: When did Christian start.
Speaker 3: Feeling a ry?
Speaker 1: I never told Jordan he was gonna start.
Speaker 2: Told him he had to be ready a bunch, but that might have been Bobby or somebody trying to pump him up. But uh, I knew he was gonna have to play a lot. I told him that he was gonna have to it wasn't gonna be like usual. He's gonna be a number two back that was splitting a lot of the time, but now he didn't know he for sure was doing that till.
Speaker 1: The day setback on Friday.
Speaker 2: Is that No, he didn't have a setback. I mean it was it was on and off throughout the week. He was able to practice throughout the week, just it was always bothering him to a degree, and sometimes it goes away, sometimes it comes back, and today was bothering a little too much to where we didn't feel good about it.
Speaker 3: Those situations where if there's anything a linger over the next several weeks, what's up is this?
Speaker 1: Is there a concern that there's something that's going to linger over the next always.
Speaker 2: I mean it's been lingering the last few weeks, and but it's getting better and better and hopefully it'll be better next week. He's one of those situations where if there's any soreness pregame, you lay on the.
Speaker 1: Side of caution. Not any soreness, but there was too much.
Speaker 2: Soreness performance tonight kind of give you some reassurance that you could allow Christian to maybe heal more than not. Really, I mean we always, we feel think very highly a JP when he's been in those situations.
Speaker 1: That's what he's always done.
Speaker 2: And you know, you always want Christian out there what he brings to the run game, also what he brings to the past game. So it's huge you have Christian, but but not as expensive losing for more games along with his team this summer of the holdouts and then obviously you're shooting and so much is going on in.
Speaker 3: The last few weeks.
Speaker 2: Did you ever worry about the name that you understand this is what could be possible? Only yeah, I mean our I mean I'm with our team every day. So I know there's lots of news stories and stuff with holdouts and things like that and when are people coming back. But our guys have been awesome in practice. They've been very focused. You know, anytime guys don't get a lot of practice in, you know, I wish we could have more, so I wanted to mesh more with those guys who just got here this week. But being able to get four practices in with those guys having the extra day things like that was great for them.
Speaker 1: Still got a long way to go.
Speaker 2: Today, by no means was perfect, and there were some parts that were sloppy, but just overall, three phases played really well together, being able to score there at the end of the half and with the field will run the clock out, score the opening drive of the third quarter, our defense get the two turnovers, our kicker going six for six, being able to have thirty seven runs.
Speaker 1: I look at that as a complete team goal that we tried to do. So I was real happy with just the team overall. I'm sorry, just Trent and you look to you, I mean, they seem fine.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm sure we'll see some things when we watch the tape, but I mean nothing that cost us.
Speaker 1: He gets the run. I mean, you guys have some changes over the offseason on that side of the ball. It's majories. Obviously, it seemed like a strong persons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was really happy watching the de from the sidelines. I mean, I thought they were running and hitting, that's the thing that jumps out the most. And they got a few big plays on us and a couple of drives that got it moving. But for the most part, I thought we were winning most of the downs and gave up a couple of big ones that we got to clean up.
Speaker 1: But I was real impressed with our defense today offense.
Speaker 3: But you guys started three and out and then he scored I think on eight straight possessions after that. Is that I don't want to say, did you expect it to go that productive without Christian?
Speaker 1: Someone spilled on myself. Sorry, what's that?
Speaker 3: It's a tough question.
Speaker 1: I mean, you don't. You don't really have expectations like that.
Speaker 2: You just can try to score every time you get the ball, and I don't expect to go three and out ever, But it still happened. So I didn't know that we did that until they just told me, and it kind of made sense that I don't remember seeing Mitch very much and so that did make sense. Not having Christian is huge. But you know, we've got a team that really commits to running the ball. We got ten guys out there who block for whoever the running back is, and we got some running backs and some receivers who know how to lower their pads and run the ball to rock.
Speaker 1: In his first full game without Christian.
Speaker 2: He seemed very very good. I mean there was many plays that he left out there. I thought he made some big time plays. I mean they're towards the end, you know, got a little conservative, just felt that we had the game and wanted to focus on win in the game, so we didn't have him do a lot there at the end, and he was very smart with the ball and made sure that there was no chance for them to get back in the game.
Speaker 3: Got a lot of snaps in the summer, a lot of first team snaps. Did he get better throughout the summer and did your confidence in him row throughout the summer?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I think Jordan's looked the same as he always has, you know, not just as in Christian But we lost a number of backs. And the coolest thing for JP that he was in such good jape shape going to camp that when a lot of guys go down and a guy's got to do a little bit more in practice, then the next thing you worry about is him going down. And if he wanted to come to camp in such good shape and so ready to go, and it would have been hard for that not to wear him out.
Speaker 1: And he never never faced him at all. I mean every day in.
Speaker 2: Practice he was the same as he's been in the past and carried it over to the games.
Speaker 1: And to me, it looks like he always does.
Speaker 3: Comporrole as you've ever been going for field goals of fifty.
Speaker 1: Yards or longer.
Speaker 2: Probably for the distance. Yeah, I mean, that's that's the difference with Jake. He does have a big leg and I get a number and where we can attempt it from, and I don't really think much different of it whether it's fifty or forty seven. I don't think it's too big of a difference for them.
Speaker 1: Pretty much a turnover to start each half.
Speaker 3: How did that energize the entire team?
Speaker 1: It's huge.
Speaker 2: Anytime you get a turnover, it fires everyone up. I wish we could have scored touchdowns off of both of them, but to still get points. That was one of the reasons we got the two score lead and never give it back.
Speaker 1: Like a Sorenson's game call. It was his first time as a defensive coordinator. What'd you think of some of the dialogue there. I thought it was great.
Speaker 2: You know, I've been on those that side of the headsets throughout the preseason. I am a lot during the games and just listen to communication before those with those guys next done a great job with all the position coaches and everyone there. They got a real understanding of what we're trying to do, and they communicate well and I've been very happy with that side of the ball camp.
Speaker 3: Bobby Turner said, you know, look at it at Jordan's rookie year that he needed to grow up. And maybe Bobby Turner says about every running back, but I mean, in what ways has Jordan kind of mature? Not just you know, as a player.
Speaker 1: But off the field.
Speaker 2: I mean, Jordan's always had a ton of confidence since the first day he got here. And I think, you know, I think the most part is getting used to Bobby coaching them, realizing that he's not always angry. He just kind of stays that way and kind of learned to appreciate it. And I think Jordan's really pushed himself each year of just the way he's worked off the field, being more conditioned. He's never been badly conditioned, but he's you know, we got some guys in our building, like Christian guys like Fred Juice, George, guys who are very obsessive with how they work out, how they condition themselves, how they eat, how they sleep, and I think that stuff's really rubbed off on JP over the years.
Speaker 3: Oh there's a report that you guys were ready to trade how you before it all came together, that even he had a had a meeting with you, and then you had to like trying to run up the stairs and try to make sure he was in trade.
Speaker 1: Is that all true?
Speaker 2: I mean most of it. Yeah, that sounds a lot more aggressive. You just pointed at me and said to you, No, No, it was that I wanted to make sure it wasn't traded already. But no, it's how I kind of reported you guys throughout the whole time. You guys would ask me stuff about it, and I say, anything could happen, Like there were reports that we almost traded in with some teams and then we did it, and some were true, some weren't. But it's the all options were open, and it was a tough thing to kind of get to the final spot.
Speaker 1: Of it on both sides.
Speaker 2: And when it was all said and done, I'm glad that we had the patience. I'm glad that it worked out the way it did because I love having Ba here. With the next two games on artificial services play the factor into what you do with Christian particularly you know, the.
Speaker 1: Last time you played on.
Speaker 2: Not totally yet. I don't think that was because of Dre. I mean the game I had to do more with the practice week. But you know, you can make the stuff with turf and everything. It's you know, I'll ask the player how he's feeling. If they feel good and they're ready to go, they're ready to go. If they say I feel good on grasp but not on turf, that's usually the way of saying that you don't really feel that good. So we'll see how he feels tomorrow'll see how it feels the next day, and we'll see how it feels on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Christian probably wouldn't play against Minnesota just because it's a short week.
Speaker 1: You're saying, I'm saying, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: That person must be God, because we just found out he wasn't playing today, and I have no idea how he's gonna feel tomorrow or the next day. I thought he was playing this whole week until today, So I don't know who knows that he's playing not playing next week.
Speaker 3: So given what you expected of them to.
Speaker 2: I thought they did a good job. I'm glad they got through it healthy. You know, it's always easier to rotate skill. Guys have never been in that position with a tackle before, so I didn't totally have an idea of how to handle it. Yeah, it would have felt really weird rotating a tackle throughout the game, and it would have felt even weirder Trent standing next to us with the offense out there, and I think he managed most of the game.
Speaker 1: He went in for an IV I believe.
Speaker 2: Sometime in the second half and missed a couple of plays, but not too much. I thought it worked out real well for the first time back.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, thanks guys,