Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Should discuss the hate he receives online while saying he's planning to be visible in the Cleveland community. Ninety nine percent of the hatred directed at me is towards my post and then I'm just his son. But the kids didn't grow up in the era where they watched him play. It's just the older generation that does it to me rather than younger people. Because when I come to a person and there's no negativity, I see, but it's all over online. That's why I say I like going to skill. I like going to schools in person and actually meeting the kids, and any question they have, I say, just ask me whatever the question you want.
Speaker 3: Pick any question, no filter, no anything.
Speaker 2: That's what they say and I and then I just answer whatever they need me to answer.
Speaker 3: What you think on Joe, any truth to what he's.
Speaker 1: Said, Yeah, most definitely, most definitely listening. It's the young folks really don't have a problem with it.
Speaker 3: They enjoy them.
Speaker 1: But it's it's the older kids, not older kids, the oldest older folks in general. That's a hat And yes, some of the hate does come from his father, but also some of the hate is going to come from him and what he's been able to accomplish so far, what people mistake for arrogance or cockiness, which is merely confidence, which is all he's showing. Some people don't like that. Some people want to be humble. They want you to dim your light because it makes them uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my life, it hurting your eyes, your light shine and brighton.
Speaker 1: It might do, but I'm not deming it. Obviously, he's he's a quarterback. The quarterback position is supposed to carry themselves a certain way. It's it's a way in which he doesn't carry himself. And he hasn't been given any grace as opposed to other quarterbacks that were jess as boisterous.
Speaker 3: You know, they don't know you know what.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen. It's different. It's it's a double standard, but it is what it is. So you unders staying that. I hope he doesn't change anything. I hope he doesn't change anything. Just put his head down, do the works you need to do, and handing your business and change the quarterback position, which hasn't been good for the Browns consistently in a very very long time, since number nineteen.
Speaker 3: Since since Bernie colsart in the eighties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and before that you got to go back to Atto Graham, so they really don't had two good quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: So I'm there, Joe, Well, I'm wishing him well. Man.
Speaker 2: Oh yo, you're not gonna be able to win with people because if I dress nice, Oh he trying to show off. If I dressed down, he broke.
Speaker 3: Yeah. You see, ain't no in between. No, it ain't no in between.
Speaker 2: Because if you you you projected, you're projecting right.
Speaker 3: Uh. The man's confidence. The man believes in himself.
Speaker 2: Every everybody that's ever accomplished anything has believed in themsels. Sometimes you're the only. If I don't believe in me, who else gonna believe in me? Exactly when people told me, oh, Shannon, you ain't gonna do nothing, I believe the one person that told me I would me because I was the one that was gonna be lifting that weight. I was gonna be the one that was running. I was gonna be the one that stayed in and didn't go out and party. That was gonna be me. Now, if it didn't happen on Yoe, I wasn't gonna be able to blame anybody because I knew what I wanted to become. I knew what I wanted to accomplish. But no matter what you do, if I say y'all going out there to do, I'm bragging, then I don't show up and play well, He's sorry.
Speaker 3: He terrible.
Speaker 2: Now I told you what I was gonna do. I'm bragging. I don't do anything. I'm not in the good I dressed well. Oh he tried to show off. I got hold of my he broke. So how do I win? I can't I eat at a nice restaurant. I mean, I wish I would play one hundred dollars for a state man. The dreams cost thirty dollars. The CB that a fat food chain man.
Speaker 3: He got it.
Speaker 2: Hey, he can't held a fat food chain because he k't e at that one hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: You see what I'm saying out, Joe. So at some point in time, you just got to be secure.
Speaker 1: In who you are and do what you want to do. No matter do what you want to do can't please everybody.
Speaker 2: Right, and that and that's the that's the that's the hardest part is that because before oh, Jo, you didn't have you didn't have we didn't have social media. So people couldn't jump in your comments. People didn't have a way of saying anything. I mean the national media day by you know, you had a bad game that would tear you up. But now, I mean, everybody jump on your timeline. Everybody got something to say.
Speaker 3: Everybody.
Speaker 1: You have to be in a in an error where everybody is very sensitive individuals that are in the limelight, whether it be sports, uh uh, entertainment, entertainment, you have to be mentally strong. Mentally you do you just you just have to be and if you're nice, if you're not making me strong, you don't need to be in certain business businesses in general, because oh they coming for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, book, everybody's not happy for your success and sometimes they want to see you successful until you become successful. And then you know, I told you Andrew Shows told me a great quote. He said, the easier it is to make money doing something, the more resentful and envious people will become of you, because everybody feel like they got a voice and they can talk.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So if you make an X amount of money that I can do that? Why he get to do it?
Speaker 2: I I can't. You see everybody realize I ain't fit to be six y nine. I'm not gonna be able to run No.
Speaker 3: Four three forty. I'm not gonna be able to hit the curve ball to slider or the change up.
Speaker 2: But talking on Joe, you need to tell me or a camera and a microphone and he can make that. He making that kind of money and making that kind of money.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the easier it is to do something, the more resemful and envious people will become of it and it and I'm not look like I said, I wasn't used to this, O, Joe. I wasn't. I wasn't used like play. I'm expecting Kansas City to dislike me. I expect the Raider fans to dislike me. I'm on the Broncos. We beat hell out your team. You should dislike me, right. But when I got into this and I didn't know, I didn't know I had this, like even at Undisputed, cause you know I was everybody's favorite uncle.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, don't, Joe.
Speaker 2: I was talking about the George Floyd, I was talking about Walter Walter Scott, I was talking about Eric Gardner, I was talking about Sandra, But I was I was doing all that stuff. O't Joe you talking about the Colin Kaepernick skip and I we talked about it when everybody else had abandoned it and would nobody touch it. We touched it, and I'm talking about with both feet. So I like, I'm on my own night because everybody kept telling me, Man, you need to be on your own. You don't need to be taking this YadA YadA YadA. Okay, man, he'll sell. He gossiply, he's zested.
Speaker 3: It's like with damn, they gonna they gonna come. Now, it's gonna come.
Speaker 2: But but you know what and and and uh, you know a lot of that that that comes along with it.
Speaker 3: I was like, Rick, they come along with it.
Speaker 2: I've always felt I wanted the fortune, damn the fade mm hmm.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: You hear a lot of people say, oh, your fame and fortune. Nah, I could I could have I could have did I could have picked the fortune?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, it's it's nice. It's nice to be the fortune is very nice. I hear a lot of people tweet that out. I want I want the money, not the fame. But it's really hard to have one without the other.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: It's very hard to have one without the other, and there there is, there's, there's, there's no giving things.
Speaker 2: Well, it all depends on how you accumulated it. See if you've accumulated in sports, if you accumulated it in entertainment, it's hard.
Speaker 3: Man. A lot of these billionaires, they're walk by you. You wouldn't even know who they were. You wouldn't you would.
Speaker 2: You, You would have no earthly idea that such and such is worth a billion, two billion, eight hundred million because they didn't make it in a way.
Speaker 3: That you saw them make it.
Speaker 2: See if a guy plays for as you well, Lebron James has made eight hundred million and what five hundred million in NBA salary. Tom Brady made three hundred plus million dollars in the NFL salary, So you can see that. But a guy that invested in Google that you didn't see. A guy that brought Netflix on the video you didn't see. Somebody had Berkshire halfaway, you didn't see. So and they sitting on tons or they got this invested in a startup uber and now they ten x fifteen x thirty extra money sitting on hordes of cash O joke.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, walked right by you.
Speaker 3: You never know, never never know.
Speaker 2: But uh, but you know what o't Joe, and and now you see it comes along with it, that comes along with his territory. I feel bad for I feel bad, but I think should do or being in the situation that he's in and being who he is. I think his dad's prepared him for this, and I think he's prepared him extremely well.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you know, time got it.
Speaker 2: You know people say time with self and he's going back and forth playing football and basketball. Well, I don't heat the vote, bro, I mean, think about it. If you can make if you can make twenty million doing one job, and you can make another twenty million do it another job. He was like, nah, I don't want that twenty million over there.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like he was doing it on the free. They were paying him to play baseball. Yeah, he leading two checks and he was good.
Speaker 3: Damn good. I mean you but uh, it's tough.
Speaker 2: I mean some people are some people are delighting that he got he went into the fifth round, but I you know, oh, joy, ain't where you go is what you do once you get there.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's my that's my favorite line.
Speaker 2: Because at the end of the day, you're gonna have to show one way or another you for cadb War with the first pick. He's gonna have to show what he can do in Tennessee all the everybody you will get help and the show the pass and cleat. Okay, you know, go prove you all what you say you are.
Speaker 1: And he's flying under the radar right now too now because of all the tension.
Speaker 3: Yes, and he's flying under the radar. I'm wishing him well too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I know you from Miami, but everybody wouldn't happened when you're with the Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: No, probably, no, hell no, No, I didn't care either.
Speaker 2: That was that's my dream. It ain't yours. Hey, I don't know what your dream. Ain't living your dream. I'm living mind.
Speaker 1: Hey, it ain't mean I ain't mad. It ain't matter who cared and who cared, not nothing. I knew what was gonna happen when I got there. I can tell I'll tell you that I ain't worked this hard to have a cup of coffee. Oh yeah, you know I tried for the Broncos. Oh no, it was gonna be no try try. I don't know nothing about.
Speaker 3: That though, Joe, I ain't had no choice but to make it.
Speaker 2: That's it, that's it to work up to put all those years. Think about how long you've been playing. I think I started playing at tackle football at nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I started at FOE Liberty City Optimists, I mean Miami Lakes Optimists.
Speaker 3: I'll never forget. Yeah, I started playing football at nine years of age, so nine.
Speaker 2: It got drafted at twenty one turn twenty two, like two months later, so thirteen years.
Speaker 3: That what I mean. Not making it wasn't no option for me.
Speaker 2: I knew they had something I can do, and now I have a thirteen year special team career. But I'll go play in the NFL. So don't give me no chance. Give me a chance that you want to get out there, you get the job back.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking about that, man, that's so long ago. Yeah, ninety eight, Maam Lake's Altimist. I remember my coach too, Miami Lakes Altimist, Python's or sixty seventh.
Speaker 2: That why you wasn't no damn four years old in nineteen ninety eight. What the hell you talking about? I'm thinking about my first coach. I'm telling you what I can I can remember recollect you said nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 1: Yes, I started at four, But I don't remember my coaches when I started.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm telling you when I coach. Yeah doesn't Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: My first coach, his mom was a substitute teacher, right, and that dadd Pee smoked all the kids tell about you want to play football for my son? You want to play football, son?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I like you better? You better? You talking to my grandma. You married boy, Asia, Yes, ma'am. Bus dropped me off the lady, let damn it run me over, pulling in the yard.
Speaker 3: Oach.
Speaker 2: Well no, lady, I got out the bus like that with damn you.
Speaker 3: You know you could have called man. That's that's say them some good memories.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Dor submissed with Western. So he's my second coach.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, because you know you you chicked you.
Speaker 2: You picked everybody got to pick three. You get to pick three players because that's how you do it. Though, Joe, see like I can't. I came late. They had already started. My first coach, They had already got their team. I already picked, but I was gonna play on her team and it and I was like, I gotta play on his team because he's gonna take me home, right, yo, Hey, if you wan't breaking, she had to shop home. I couldn't play right because if we didn't have a one car and my sister was gonna be coming to pick me up from practice. So Mary say, uh uh Francis, uh are you gonna fetch You're gonna fetch that boy home?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Mary, I'll pray him home, Okay, So she brought me home. Next year Dorset, I went the first round, brought me home and then.
Speaker 3: What was the guy? Uh Billy shoemaker?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Wow, man, I can't think of the guy's name. Oh jr. Damn might have been? Was it Dale? Kick? Ltter? Dale kick? Litter?
Speaker 2: Might have been my coach. I gotta I gotta ask Libery tomorrow. But I got that ride home though, yeah, oh yeah. And when I played when I got to high school, O Joe, I know it was a they. We wasn't supposed to do it, but you had to because my aunt. My sister would drop my aunt off to all the football games, basketball games to track me.
Speaker 3: Ship.
Speaker 2: You had to start, damn you. Oh you had to take my aunt home, right, yeah, my aunt ride home? It be all the guys in my aunt. Hey, hey, coach, you know my aunt. Oh yeah, you can come home.
Speaker 3: That's dope, man. Yeah, man, she went. My aunt Jane called the top.
Speaker 2: She went to every football every one of my football games in high school, every one of my home basketball games.
Speaker 3: She was there. Every one of my track meets.
Speaker 2: She was there every last one of them. Damn, I come out a I get dressed toop. You ready to go? Yeah, she get eight, she get in the band, she get on the bus with us, every one of them. As a matter of fact, my track coach and my high school football coach, Coach Hall, actually he going to the Hall of Fame. My brother, he coached my obviously he coached my mom. My mom graduating in sixty. I graduated eighty six, So twenty six years. He coached fifty years.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: He told the doctor, coach on will probably be about I Oh, coach all, Mama eighty one. So coach All, she'll be about eighty seven. He told the doctor. He said, coach, how you doing. He said, I'm doing good. He said, I got one more guy. I got one more boy to get into the Hall of Fame. And then doc, I'm good. After that I don't care nothing about after that. Yeah, yep, man, that joke. He called my sister. He gets in coach all, I don't know. Okay, when you find out, let me know. So he got it. She drove up there. She told him, coach Alie, but I showed good. So we just we just booked here. His wife reservation.
Speaker 3: Uh. Thank the other day. I think Shelley took care of the other day.
Speaker 2: That's what That's what makes it special, ochoe, when you have a coach that's been a part of this. He coached my mom, he coached my uncles, my driver's ed, my sister, you know, all my aunts, my sister, me, my brother. And then it was a part of it because he lived in Savannah. The home games, I look, I see him on the side. I see him standing over the side. Have a white guy named Billy Stricklely, O yo. Only white guy there, only come from Glynnville. Only white guy at the hall. He was at the That man was so proud, O yo. He said, it's the proudest day of my life. That had to beat the he was he's a pharmacist, so my grandma would send my sister be able to get medicine.
Speaker 3: Not have no money. He said, don't even worry about it. Don't even worry about it. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Billy Strick was at the game, standing standing on the side. I would see him because he ain't obviously he ain't. Coachy'all knew each other. They be standing there. That's what that's what, that's what makes it fun. Coach all drive. He drove the DC Drive, the Tennessee Drive to Jacksonville. If I'm close Atlanta, you driving, he coming, Yeah. If it's anything, if it's anything under twelve hours, Coach all gonna drive.
Speaker 3: He coming.
Speaker 2: We playing Carolina in the preseason game. Coach all there, mm hm, Coach all there. Yeah, man, because you know when they first started, they played at Clemson and then they got their own stadium. Coach all coming, and man, it's so great. It's an unbelievable feeling that he gets the experience. It ain't a whole lot. Ain't a whole lot of guys coach to coach. Two guys that go to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Uh, And he got He's in the coach He's in the hall. He's in the Georgia Coaches Hall of Fame. Man He was so proud that he told his me and my brother went up there and went up there for that man. That's what it's all about. Oh Joe Travis Hunter. Travis Hunter had a busy month. First, he was selected number two overall by the Jacksonville Jacks in the NFL Draft. Then he graduated Colorado May fifteenth, and on Saturday, he got married to his longtime girlfriend, le Anna Lenie. He gave her a gift ceremony worse at least at least six k. It's a Mercedes Bend a MG sixty three Brithers a hundred. Yeah it's a nice. Yeah nice, But.
Speaker 3: Your boy ain't got that kind of bread. Yeah bread, but you boy ain't got that kind of bread. No fail had it? He ain'tbody want to be my dad? Oh once you get to a certain age like myself.
Speaker 2: Oh yo, yeah, about to be fifty seven in a month, Yes, sir, I don'et have everything.
Speaker 3: I want now? A yeah, you want to chill? I did it? I done? Did it? I done? Did it?
Speaker 2: I donna have the Ferrari and the Rolls and the Bentley and the big body Bens and range. I don't have all that, get it? All but a I'm happy for the young fellow. Yeah made, he looks so made. He look happy, very happy man' that's what That's what it's about at the end of the day. And I'm glad him and his wife ignored all the haters on our side. Hey, no, ignore all the hats.
Speaker 1: Everybody gonna have an opinion, everybody gonna have to say this, blah blah blah whatever. I'm long as the happy trav Focus on what you got to focus on. Go out there and turn Jacksonville in Duval County upside the fuck down.
Speaker 3: Turn it upside down.
Speaker 2: We should have that should have been us many years ago. O yoe, never mind.
Speaker 3: Wait, what's what should have been us? Married? Oh?
Speaker 1: Ship right now that I've been trying to get you mad man, listen, I'm on truck like you.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm getting married.
Speaker 1: I told you I'm twenty twenty six. I'm not playing. Hey, let me take Let me tell you something. When when the ball? When that ball? When that ball dropped December what thirty first? Yeah, ain't got time to play.
Speaker 3: I ain't got.
Speaker 2: Man, Oh, Joe, you hate me. I had this white linen outfit. I was gonna wear this and listen, you gonna still be here. You're gonna still be able to wear it. I tell you that.
Speaker 3: Ye. Man, Hey, I ain't got time to play. Ain't nothing out there. Man, you right, you ain't? You know what I how you? When you're right, you ain't wrong. And listen, boy, I ain't got time to play no games.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: I'm jumping the broom, two of them, two of them. If you need be I told you listen, pay attention. Now.
Speaker 1: Think about all the stories we've been talked about. Yeah, all players, basketball players and everyone that's having success. Do you notice what they all have in common? They all wear it. I want some of that. I want some of that.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you listen, Donnie, I'm gonna tell you what Grandma just told me. God ain't finished with me yet. He he's waiting on me. I'm not gonna finish the work that needs to be done with you until I have a foundation to build it on. So I'm gonna go ahead and create that foundation now. Now now watch that everything just started just and.
Speaker 2: Until you pay me by fifty nine hundred when I get on you, I'm gonna take as long as God tell.
Speaker 1: Hey, Listen, I'll tell you what I'm gonna. I'm gonna talk to God about it. Let me see what he say. Let me he let me let me tell him. You need to talk to me about it. Hold on, praise lady. Let me pray on it.
Speaker 3: Why you gotta pray on my money? No, it's not, it's not.
Speaker 1: It's not about praying all your Money's just I want to talk to God about it.
Speaker 2: You ain't talk to him yet. Yeah, he's about you promised to God. You know, unk ain't got no patience, and I should be trying his patience. I need to give him his money.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: Listen, Jesus got the will. Don't worry about it. As long as Jesus got the will be going in the right direction.
Speaker 2: Well, I ain't in it, So I need you to pay me my fifty that Hunter, I ain't anything will that between you and God. I need you to cut your I need you to give me fifty out hundred the cash I got you.
Speaker 3: I got you. Ain't no pressure, ain't no pressure.
Speaker 2: Well, congratulations mister and missus Hunter. Miss Hunter, enjoy your gift at sixty three brabbles eight hundred Them things nice too.
Speaker 3: Hello is your favorite sports funk here.
Speaker 2: Don't forget to hit that subscribe button to join the fastest growing community on YouTube. Remember, Nightcap doesn't happen without you, so please subscribe or you're gonna make Ocho crime.
Speaker 3: Ojo.
Speaker 2: During a during OTAs this week, aj Brin admitted surprise at his current mindset comeing into the league. We're taught we're playing for this reason, we're playing for the trophy, and once we got the trophy, it was just like I thought everything would be fulfilled, like the hard work and everything, but no, it's a journey. It's the journey that matters the most, that means the most, because those are the moments you look back with your teammates. Those are spending time with you, going to war with You're suffering together, you're winning together. Yeah yeah, I mean once you look, I wanted to be a Pro Bowl player. Yeah, I want to be an All A, an All Pro player, and I wanted to win a championship.
Speaker 3: I ain't thinking about no Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: I ain't even realized the Hall of Fame until Mark Kinsler told me in ninety six. Like man, He's like, bro, you could put together a couple more years, you can go to the Hall of Fame. I s like what I was like, they take seven rounders in the Hall of Fame, but it's like it don't metal where you get drafted and they go by production. I was like, Okay, that was the first time that I had really even gave a thought. Now mind you, Ohoe? In ninety one we played in the Hall of Fame game. I went to that very building that my bus resides in. That's dope, not even thinking they did never even done. Bro, I'm from Glenville, I'm from Savannah State Hall of Fame. Yeah, and Joe Green in the Hall of Fame by Terry Bradshaw Rogers stallback. The greats are the greats in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Legends.
Speaker 2: Yes, but you realize and it's not good enough to make one Pro Bowl because hell, anybody could do it once.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Can you go back when they know you the guy when they game plan for your ass over?
Speaker 3: Can you get can.
Speaker 2: You become an All pro again when they're game planning for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: When you walk to the middle of field, man, hell of a game? Shark man ojo, hey man, you gave that work today on your ay. Don't worrybody, we see your ass again. Yeah, that's what I want. I want when y'all going to meeting on Wednesday, I want y'all to circle to ight that tighty end of eighty four.
Speaker 3: We got to deal with him.
Speaker 2: And I totally agree with AJ because there's nothing like that's what you o, Yo.
Speaker 3: I never missed the game.
Speaker 2: I missed the bus rides, the plane rides, the bull driving in the locker room and the training room, joking and meet you know, meeting room cracking joke. That's what you because that's what you're never gonna be able to replace.
Speaker 3: Ever.
Speaker 2: You never, you never, and you look, you're not best eats with everybody, but you're not gonna be around ten eleven guys that y'all laughing at joking back.
Speaker 3: You're never gonna be like that again. It's never gonna be like that again, Oya, No it's not. And listen and just but what you just talked about about A J. Brown.
Speaker 1: I've become a little bit more fond of young boy man as of late, hearing some of the things he's talked about. I'm not going to get into detail on it, but his perspective on life and other and other objects that I've seen him speak on and he's become a huge, a huge favorite of mine. Not even the receiver A. J.
Speaker 3: Brown. I'm talking about the human being.
Speaker 1: Person, the husband, the person he is and values and morals in which he stands, and then said, I never knew that about him. I never knew it about him because I've never had the opportunity to interact with him outside of the game with football. But hearing him and where he stands, you know, and in his beliefs, the very very very admirable from the outside looking in on on what I thought an individual was like, No, based on what I see on the field, but in who he truly is off the field.
Speaker 3: Dude, I love dude.
Speaker 1: Man, I love you real sharp, yeah, and he got a sharp mind, man, So it was a joy to see him in a different light than what I expected based on the football player that I got to watch on Sundays.
Speaker 2: I mean, I remember we won the Super Bowl and obviously, man, therein'st nothing like it. Like I said, we broke the NFC. The NFC had run fourteenth straight Super bowls, Oh Joe, and to win it and to hold that trophy, to actually to actually be on the field to have the confetti come down in your colors and you got the trophy. Now, think about how many times I've seen the Super Bowl winning team go on the field and get that trophy and everybody's looking at it.
Speaker 3: Now I finally have it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, small kid from Glennville, Georgia, where the Savannah State and seventh round draft pick and I'm the starting tight end to pronounce my name and everything, and everybody in Glimmer say, you know what, I know somebody actually played in the Super As a matter of fact, I probably went to school with him, his brother or his sister. That was me and winning that trophy there was that was that was like that was That was at that point in time, probably the crowning achievement of my career.
Speaker 3: And I remember going into.
Speaker 2: The off season and I was like, because back then, you know, in sixteen games, oh shoe. And then you know we had to still have the two weeks and so we started playing.
Speaker 3: I mean we first week.
Speaker 2: So I think I think the Super Bowl was damn near like the end of January.
Speaker 3: It wasn't.
Speaker 2: It didn't bleed into February. And I just remember like the off season o sho. I was like, man, so I took I took about an extra week off and got back into it. And I remember when we came back to OTA's and Mike got up in there. He's like, hey, congratulations, guys. I'm proud of this. I'm proud of you guys. He said, if you want to be special, you got to do do it again. Yeah, there are a lot of teams that won one in a row. He said, if you want to go, you want to be special, you want to be remembered. We got to go back to back. And that was the mindset that we adopted. And I remember once to see we came out of trail. I mean, we had a we had a great you know, as a matter of fact, we had a great uh training camp. Everything was great. We had we'd having fun. And Mike would put one like most teams have their schedule up there, all sixteen games, right, we put one game at a time. He said, this is a sixteen round fight. We go on one round at a time.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Oh, knocked the Patriots out and so we just going down, just checking out, just checking them off, checking them off for Joe, checking them off. Uh.
Speaker 3: Thirteen weeks because think about it. We won our.
Speaker 2: Last last game, no, yeah, with our last two games ninety seven. Yeah, when our last two games in ninety seven, now last game in ninety seven, beat the Chargers. Then we go through the playoffs, win the super Bowl, then we come out. So we win like eighteen straight games. Oh Joe, feeling good. Yeah, get to the playoffs. But I agree with everything he said that there's something about that moment. And when I get on the phone and I talked to Burns or men ros Smith calling Foots, feed some of them guys, and man, we just.
Speaker 3: Hey, man, you repersentuch. And so we're at the back of the plane, Joni.
Speaker 2: I mean, very few times, O Joe, do we ever talk about the Super Bowl game itself.
Speaker 3: We're talking about going to the game.
Speaker 2: We're talking about on the plane ride back, on the bus ride back. Very seldom do we mention anything about the super Bowl itself. We always talk about the plane ride or man, you remember we got eight man, we got snowed in and we had to go get people on snowmobiles to go to Buffalo. We get to the Buffalo like one thirty two o'clock in the morning. If we got a one o'clock game. Yeah, man, so much fun. Ain't nothing like that and nothing like that. And then when you're in it, ojo, Yeah, you don't get to enjoy it.
Speaker 3: You don't. You don't because you're in it and you feel.
Speaker 2: If you enjoy it, it's gonna take you out of that that mindset of what you need to do to make sure you try to stay in there.
Speaker 3: So man, ain't nothing like that.
Speaker 2: Hey, aj brid says he's also upset about the current haircut price in the country. Haircut price are crazy nowadays. I used to pay twenty dollars for a cut, ay, j ain't no more twenty.
Speaker 5: Dollars, but we I used to pay five two fitted Hey what I but you got to realize on you, I'll get a haircut in the seventies and my brother, my grandfather get bad my brother, you know, four dollars two to five dollars, Hey, get both of us get a haircut in college.
Speaker 3: That's all You've.
Speaker 2: Given you a teammate both which I would play a guy five dollar to cut back here.
Speaker 3: You what times are different? Boy? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, look out, you got no problem, you know, hey, good sixty dollars for a cut. I'm gonna go ahead tip your phoney. Oh Joe, dude, be there be wont two hundred three hundred.
Speaker 3: To cut me? Man? Listen, it's time listen shark fifteen dollars for apart boy, you know? And hold on? You talking about that haircut? Two hundred dollars? What two steaks at the grocery at the grocery store? What forty three dollars? Yeah, well you ain't.
Speaker 2: Well guess what how about y'all there in the restaurant seventy dollars?
Speaker 3: So at least you got two. Hey, they got to make their money up some kind of way.
Speaker 2: They ain't got no Look, you have to look. Look a lot of times, a lot of times. What happened, thought Joe, is that if an if barbers cut athletes, leves and entertainers, they want to live that lifestyle.
Speaker 3: Bro, you need this. You need to play, pick up a play a sport.
Speaker 2: You need to act, play an instrument, or ain't saying or something. But you not finna come up on me. Hey, I grow dreads first, I grow dred, I get twists. I'm not paying no thrill off of no cut. I don't care if I got twenty thirty forty fifty sixty million. I'm not paying no thrill off of the cut on.
Speaker 3: Yo, I'm not. That's a lot, but just a cut that listen, that's a lot.
Speaker 1: Now. Now what we can say is is about our but but our but our friend not too long ago.
Speaker 3: Who's down here, mammy?
Speaker 1: Not that kind of service. Yes, boy, I forgot, I forgot, I forgot the Instagram name. But for that kind of service. Yeah, one hundred dollars. Not be talking talk.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, okay, you're gonna cut it, you gonna die it.
Speaker 3: You will give me a facial facial and all. Yeah, God, now that I understand.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm not gonna get that every time, right any time, but every so often. You know, you got your nice little date night with your girl you want you want? Yeah, yeah, boom, there you go. Now you're good.
Speaker 2: Please man, you think i'm'a let you gonna be on my head for cutting my hair for thirty minutes and I'm gonna go give you three hundred and then you wanna expect the tip tip? Who tim what I got a till? Don't eat the ex salary to ride the bus. That would be a terrible experience for everybody bad. I ain't got that for Yo Joe, dude. Uh uh but uh now I try to think, hey, j yeah, well I'm saying I think I'm trying to think.
Speaker 3: When I played, how much was I playing for a cut? Yeah? I was playing by twenty thirty dollars? Yeah, yeah, I played the dude cut my hair. Now you do a good job.
Speaker 2: I give him a I give him a Hey, I think he's like forty five fifty os of hair.
Speaker 3: I give him a hundred am damn big money. Okay, yeah, big money. But he did that, do a good job of get me in.
Speaker 2: Cause, like like when I was in Atlanta on Yoe, I like all my I like, I don't like the I don't do no walk in.
Speaker 3: I like a standing apointment.
Speaker 2: So for my nails, my facials, my haircut, my massage, I would pay it for the hour, pay for the whole year.
Speaker 3: God damn paid the whole year. Because guess what, O Joe.
Speaker 2: When I say, when I say, hey, I want my time, then more after move somebody to get me in, as opposed to them moving me to get somebody else in.
Speaker 3: You already pay everything. Yeah, I done paid you. I done got back. Hey whyn't you?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I always said that.
Speaker 1: And you you complaining about me on you fifty two hundred and you paying for nails, manicures and headcuts a whole.
Speaker 3: They provide the service. What you doing? You take your money out of my pocket? Shod. I can't. I can't pay them. I told them, I saying I would. I told them Borrob, I would pay you money. But oh, you old me fifty nine hundred. I can't pay you. I ain't never heard nobody do that by you. Yeah, and you day Bot, your chad is out. Uh uh, I remember I paid.
Speaker 2: I had ran out because I get like so I got this package and that lady runs a special on facials. You know, if you go ahead and pay you by twelve, I give them on sle she'll give you fifteen. I bought the package, got the job at Fox. I still got some of the books. I have some of the books. I ain't got them no more. But uh yeah, but I like that. I like a static appointment. They know I'm coming at this time. Hey, uh, we're not going. We're not get my massage Monday. I should get massages Monday, No, Wednesday and Friday that's my massage. Haircut was Thursday, nails Thursday. I like that. I like no what I like. I like structure. I like a schedule. I like being on the schedules. I think everybody knows that. And I wonna be a and I won't be a and I'm gonna be I'm gonna be ticked if I come in there and I gotta wait longer than five minutes because you know I'm coming. I've already paid you for this time, so don't be trying to get aid. I can squeeze you in. Come at two forty five where you know my appointment is at three?
Speaker 3: Oh, Joe Oh.
Speaker 2: The NFL has a unanimously approved for its players to participate in flag football when the sports makes it debut in twenty twenty eight Summer Olympics, but not everyone is looking forward to the NFL's competing on the national stage. Quarterback Darryl Who's do set has led the US national team for four global championships that have emerged as one of the biggest m bassadors for the sport. Who's hopes he and fellow flag football is get a fair chance to make the ten man roster.
Speaker 3: The flag guys deserve their opportunity. That's all we want.
Speaker 2: We felt like we work hard to get the sport where it's at, and then when the NFL guys spoke about it, it was like we're getting kicked to the side.
Speaker 3: I felt like that was a guy.
Speaker 2: Who could speak out for my peers, for my brothers that's been working hard to get to this level, for us not to be forgot.
Speaker 3: I agree one thousand percent with him. I told you yes first came out.
Speaker 1: I mean a few shows ago when I talked about NFL players is getting the opportunity to play and owners agreeing it's okay.
Speaker 3: I still think and I can stand on.
Speaker 1: This when it comes to do set and those young fellas that play flag football for living that know all the nuances and the mannerisms, don't have that game operates, they could be the NFL squad. I talk about our best players, our best ten, against their best ten that do it for a living, against those that play in the NFL for a living.
Speaker 3: The flagball team will win because they know the game, they know.
Speaker 1: How to make it, they know how to take it into the game based on the rules that the NFL players don't know much about it's different, and I said, I'm hoping even though it's a ten man roster, I would hope it's more than that. So those that actually play the game of flag football get the opportunity to shine as well.
Speaker 2: So what they gonna do, O Joe? So are they gonna Are these guys gonna do anything? Are they gonna start like playing in the offseason playing flag football?
Speaker 3: Or they just gonna show up at twenty eight of them?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we got NFL players and we're just gonna put them on the team.
Speaker 1: One exactly that and now just doing that, it's also a disservice to the game.
Speaker 2: It does does you thought you got a big name, That doesn't mean that doesn't mean we and it doesn't mean it looks even worse. If you send all those big names over there, they get their ass whip, which is which is what which is more than likely happen exactly.
Speaker 1: Which is why you need those that actually do it, understand the game and know the game, and then you know how you can sprinkle in your pieces of of of NFL players that can go out there and athletically be a little bit better than everybody else.
Speaker 3: But again, those that know the rules will always have an advantage.
Speaker 2: And he's led him to the quarterback, has led him to four global championships.
Speaker 3: Or I mean with damn.
Speaker 1: Nice be Nice, tone be Nice. I played against him years ago. I forgot who we were. I played against some years ago. He nice and the whole squatty was playing with. He from New Orleans too, If I'm not mistaken, he Nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hope you know, don't. I could see if it was tackle football, Lott show. That's different.
Speaker 2: And the NFL want to put some of their guys kind of like basketball. See basketball is basketball. So when David Stern says, you know what we're gonna get the we're gonna make it this a global game, and we're gonna take out ten twelve best players and we're gonna let showcase them.
Speaker 3: I get that. But there's no correlation between NFL and flag football.
Speaker 2: NFL doesn't have a flag football team, right, So to try to take the game globally, I thought that's what you was doing. These uh uh these uh these international games for going to Brazil, going to London, going to all these different places. I thought that's what that was about. Let these people have, Let these people have this down and.
Speaker 1: The funny thing out when I think people people especially in the chat, are people that's obviously watching there probably gonna see these clips. When you think about flag football, they probably think it's oh, you just pull the flags.
Speaker 3: Oh, our players are so fast.
Speaker 1: But when it comes to the game of competitive it's a keyword competitive flag football with the elites that do it for even they will annihilate NFL players, Yes, will annihilate. You can manipulate the game in so many ways offensively, it's like, Oh, it's crazy the rules that go into it. And at what point will they just like.
Speaker 2: Flag I mean, you wouldn't ask anybody from flag football like, oh yeah, I hope they give us a chance to make the team.
Speaker 3: No, you ain't been playing NFL football.
Speaker 2: You ain't been playing tackle football, just like these guys are playing tackle football, hadn't played flag football since they left elementary school.
Speaker 3: Bro, you getting enough shine you in the NFL. Let these people have this moment.
Speaker 6: I hope, I hope, I hope they get an opportunity. Though, I hope they do. Oh you' let them people have the moment. Oh yo, God, you making twenty thirty billion dollars.
Speaker 3: These guys. I mean, they did a little bit of money that they're making. Let them have a moment. Damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I guarantee you they'll be a part.
Speaker 3: They'll be a part of it. They'll be a part of it. You know.
Speaker 2: It's okay for them not to be. It's okay if they're not. It's really it really is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, let me ask you a question. You were gonna watch it, whether the NFL participated or not. Are you more apt to watch it now? No?
Speaker 3: Watching it anyway? Thank you? That's my point.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't I don't think people, you know, and I don't like the fact that they just think, oh, it's flag football. It ain't just flag football, it's competitive flag football.
Speaker 3: There's a huge difference. It's a huge difference.
Speaker 2: Someone said, the solution is very simple. The National Flag Football Team versus the NFL Flag football team and the Colon Season Coliseum on July fourth, twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Winner goes to the Olympics. Well what hell, Well, the flag football team will be going to the Olympics. Yeah, you can't. And I'm telling you, I'm telling you what.
Speaker 1: The best NFL players, Pat Mahomes, the quarterback, chasing Justin that receiver Jackson a quarterback probably Lamar Yeah, okay, Lamari quarterback. They're going to lose to do set in whatever team he comes up with, whatever tend they have, I guarantee you and I put one of my savings accounts on it. This hypothethically speaking, I'm telling you and if people look at people look at Lamar Jackson, what he's able to do on an NFL field on a Sunday, or with Jamar Chase triple crown when it does on a Sunday, or Justin Jefferson who can't be coming, man, it's different.
Speaker 3: He's very different.
Speaker 5: Volume