Speaker 1: Hey, there are folks in this episode, Candy, your relationship survived the immigration test. Welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ. When we're talking about here robes. It's something that got our attention because we are huge ninety Day Fiance fans, and a lot of people should know what that means. That show's everywhere and it's been spawned how many, like twenty spinoffs.
Speaker 2: We still have been discovering new spinoffs that we didn't know existed, Like there's one in Paradise, there's one in the Caribbean. Yeah, we've been watching the one in the Caribbean.
Speaker 1: There's ninety day the other way, there's ninety day UK, there's ninety day before the ninety day, there's ninety day.
Speaker 2: After ever after where this question mark, there was another one?
Speaker 1: Okay anyway on. The show has been wildly successful, but it all stemmed from originally the original one was about, Yes, Americans find people they want to marry in other lands, in other countries, and then they bring them here to the US and you have this K one visa that gives you ninety days. Once they get here, you have ninety days to get married. Part of the process. Sometimes you have to get this K one visa, and you have to pass a test to prove that your relationship is real. Could you pass the tests right?
Speaker 2: And so we were watching actually just this week, and we saw one couple who legitimately was in love as far as we could tell. In fact, I think this couple we googled and found out they actually are expecting a child, so it was successful. But they were studying together to try and pass this immigration exam. I think at one point she said, Okay, what high school did I go to?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: What high school did you go to? So they're trying to remember all these things about each other's lives and catch up so to speak, to prove to the immigration officer that they are in fact a couple. It got us thinking would we be able or and I thought a lot of people would be interested. Would your relationship be able to pass the immigration test?
Speaker 1: If you had to go in there answer questions about your significant other, would you pass it in front of an immigration officer? I would like to think we would think about this. That made me nervous. And we're about to take this test. We have not seen the questions, and again they're simple questions. I don't put the exact ones, but we get an idea of it, and our producer is going to ask us the questions here in a second. The only part I'm nervous about in answering is that we know each other so well, but so much of it is behavioral versus your resume, Like I don't know a lot of little details about you went to this elementary school and you went here, and high school mascot was this, and I don't know that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: The thing that worries me is we've known each other now for ten years. We've been in a relationship for more than two, but we've been friends for a long time, and so we like, you know, when I tell a story, you sapes. I've heard that five times. So we've got that kind of a relationship going. But right, I mean up until I don't know facts twenty fourteen, I know I don't know all the details.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna be good. So we don't know if we can pass a relationship test. Take this along with us again, But we are hearing these questions for the first time. We were very with our producer. Don't tell us anything. We didn't google anything because we wanted to do this fresh, So let's give it a shot. That's Andy's gonna help us out here, super producer. Andy that you all, if you listen to the show, you're very familiar with Andy. But he is gonna fire away. We're gonna go back and forth.
Speaker 2: Agree, yes, right, yes, And Andy has taken this job very seriously. He has friends who have gone through the K one visa process. He did a lot of research online because it's not like they give you the list of questions, because then everybody would just study the list. So he has gone to great pains actually to make this as legit as possible. So again, yeah, we encourage you if you're listening, play along with us with your partner. All right, Andy, the floor is yours saying the first one?
Speaker 1: Sure, all right, go ahead Andy.
Speaker 3: All right, Amy, What is something small but meaningful your fiance does for you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Sorry, your partner in this case does for you every day.
Speaker 2: Something small and meaningful that my partner does for me each and every day. Well, he gets up an hour ahead of me to get ahead on the world for our podcast morning run because he's more of a really early morning person. So I appreciate that that's something it's maybe it's not even that small, but I notice it and I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Okay. The only issue I take with that, Andy, she said, I get up an hour is like an hour and a half. That's the only issue I take with this.
Speaker 2: I thought, you bet up at two forty five and I get up at three forty five.
Speaker 1: I'm up at two thirty.
Speaker 2: Easy, ok, the hour and fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: This is what we're gonna go. This is our problem.
Speaker 3: The relationships feels real. You know the times you're waking up.
Speaker 1: You know what that I bet? The immigration officer said, yeah, y'all are good. Y'all, y'all are bickering and bitching over time on my first question. Yeah, that's the relationship.
Speaker 3: All right, TEJ? Who is more of a morning person? You were me?
Speaker 1: Easy? Not a problem, done deal.
Speaker 2: That's not even You'll get zero disagreement for me on that.
Speaker 1: Oh it's interesting they would ask these kinds, but yeah, you would have to know someone and be in bed with someone or be talking to someone every single morning to know what kind of morning person if they are not, that's a good question, all right.
Speaker 3: Next question, Amy, what was TJ's first job?
Speaker 2: TJ's first job was at Red Lobster. He was a host. I don't know if he was a server, but he was Red Lobster.
Speaker 1: My first job was as a painter when I was in high school.
Speaker 2: I did know that, yep, I did know that.
Speaker 1: There was a group of us who are the sons of the administrators in the school district, and they we put together a paint crew and we would go around and paints do touch up work at all the schools around the school district. So that was my first job. You heard that story, but you don't remember that.
Speaker 2: I don't think I necessarily assigned that as your first job. I guess I was thinking more in a professional setting, but painting is a professional's.
Speaker 1: Professional setting Red Lobster.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Tej? Your question, if you could describe your partner in one word, what would it be?
Speaker 1: Enthusiastic?
Speaker 2: I think that's very true.
Speaker 1: Wow, I didn't even hesitate. I am Wow, you.
Speaker 2: Nailed that's good.
Speaker 3: Amy. If you sorry, who's the better dancer you or TJ?
Speaker 2: TJ is the better dancer?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I mean there's so many things we could say there, but yeah, that's a yes. I have rhythm.
Speaker 2: Yes he can. He can dance on the threes and fives and I'm stuck on the twos and four.
Speaker 1: You hear that threes and fives, there's there's only ones, twos, threes and fours. See clearly, clearly.
Speaker 2: He dances on the ones and threes.
Speaker 1: And fours and four.
Speaker 2: I just proved my own point that TJ has better rhythm than I do.
Speaker 1: This is fun fun We okay, we don't need to get to washing into this, but it's always funny, and pointed out that you naturally when songs are all you clap on the ones and the threes, and I'm on the twos and fours. It's just the snare that's the key. Listen to the snare and that'll be your twos and fours.
Speaker 2: It's not really that helpful, know what a snare sounds like.
Speaker 1: It's the drum that just But.
Speaker 2: Isn't there a drum that goes on the ones and threes too.
Speaker 1: Not the one that's keeping the beat for the song?
Speaker 2: I hear, the one that goes on the ones and threes?
Speaker 1: What's the I wish We can't play any music right now? Right we can't. We don't have the rights much money. But it's so funny to hear that you were keeping a beat. M that'll be mine and yours will be.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it's been decided. You're definitely the better dance. Yes, the rhythm is there? Got it? Okay, Uh, let's see t J.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: What are some of the things you have in common with your partner?
Speaker 1: We both love horror movies, we both love skinny Margarita's, we both we both love college football, specifically SEC. We both love travel, we both love beaches. Man, what am I? How am I doing?
Speaker 2: Uh? You're doing? Well? There was there was something. There's a million things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's uh you said. In common? Are our upbringing our trajectory through journalism, our careers? We have? Yeah, we got a lot of comments.
Speaker 2: Okay, we both have daughters. Wow, well this is your question, not mine. Why am I trying to jump in?
Speaker 1: You know, I think I would have passed. It's not just yes or no.
Speaker 3: That would have been a good I feel like I'm getting some intimate details.
Speaker 1: Okay, there we go.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes, two daughters thing, that's what the horror movies, the skinny Margaritas. I didn't know you both like skinny margarita. That's fun. What's your favorite place to go get them? That's not one of the questions, but you know, I am an interviewer.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're gonna say one of two places, Cali. Okay, ye oh yeah, we can. This is an interviews done. We nailed it.
Speaker 3: We're again, Please leave the office. Amy, What is the longest time you've been apart and how did you handle it?
Speaker 2: This is hilarious. Since we've been together, the longest we've been apart was perhaps it's either when I took my daughter's to Oslo, which was four or five nights, perhaps, and you know, it's just been a night here and a night there other than that, so perhaps it's maybe only been four nights and I missed him every second.
Speaker 1: That's probably right, four or five. I'm trying to think that Sabine and I went to Dominican Dominican. I don't know how long. That was, probably four or five, but that's the most.
Speaker 2: It's Yeah, I think I think five nights might be the most. And it's very rare. We're talking once a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Tej. What's a funny story you both like to tell about your relationship.
Speaker 1: Oh, most of our stories are very serious. Have you not heard about our relationship? Does nothing funny?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: You said, funny story? Okay, we need.
Speaker 2: Some more funny stories we have.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, we have a lot of We have a ton of funny stories. I love the story about the wonderful lunch we had at Industry Kitchen. We will never forget that lunch.
Speaker 2: A funny story.
Speaker 1: That's a great story.
Speaker 2: It was jet lagged from Mexico.
Speaker 1: Do they need us to tell it? So we have to tell this to Damn, I just set it up. Can I tell it?
Speaker 2: Sure? Maybe not fully?
Speaker 1: Okay, then never mind find the story.
Speaker 2: Never mind too funny and it's too good to tell.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of there's a stuff out of Las Vegas, your roulette issues in Vegas.
Speaker 2: How about how people fall around us? Okay, there's a that is a funny story.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a weird thing that we have. I think I think you consider me to have the superpower.
Speaker 2: I think you have the superpower. I think you have what did you call it?
Speaker 1: There's a radius around me, and if people getting a certain radius around me, people just fall. You all will not believe the number of people who have literally taken spills right at our feet, who like the most the hilarious America's funniest home video type falls you have ever seen, men, women, children, children bounce.
Speaker 2: I don't feel as bad because they don't really get to hurt anybody. If anybody gets hurt, it's not funny. But I am somebody. I have fully admitted this. I'm not proud of it. Some of my other friends who share this, including TJ, and I believe, my mother and both of my daughters, we all think falling is funny, like physical comedy is funny, Like it just is. I don't want anyone to be hurt, but it's just funny. And I feel like no matter where we go, especially when we travel, and especially if it's been a little stressful, we're kind of the tensions are building up, and then whammo, someone falls right in front of TJ in a very hilarious, dramatic fashion, to the point where we actually have to separate and walk away because we're laughing so hard tears are coming out of our eyes.
Speaker 1: Nobody's ever gonna believe, but it's hard to explain people fall in front of us in a way Babies have gone flying out of strollers. There have been what was the woman just in Venice dropped their baby and.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. And then and then how about when we were in France and one man took down his wife, Yes, and they were like we could have touched them and they fell completely and we had to separate. That one was really really funny.
Speaker 1: It seem like we've referred We should clear this up. It seems like we referred to a couple of babies flying out of stroke. We're not just laughing at babies falling. And it's not majority babies.
Speaker 2: Majority people like runners when you're out running, like just bite.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that girl fell at my feet when we left the restaurant.
Speaker 2: Okay, So how about when we were in Las Vegas. Yeah, you mentioned this, you said roulette, But how about the guy who walked into okay, walk into the entrance of the restaurant we were at and fell on his face in front of everything, Like right, that would be maybe a once and every five year thing. You'd see. We see this. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: Weekly, Yeah, it's once a week weekly, real fall. Okay, So, mister immigration officer, obviously we've spent time together, No for sure.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be around in triple full in front of you.
Speaker 2: Wat we will laugh as long as you're okay.
Speaker 3: Amy, where was your first date?
Speaker 1: Okay? I have that answer, and I assume it's going to be your answer as well.
Speaker 2: Our first date. I am struggling with this, our first date.
Speaker 1: It's almost a trick question.
Speaker 2: I mean, would it be o'donna use our first date? I I don't know what it was because we were friends for so long, went out for so long. Everything happened so organically. I don't remember actually saying this is a date.
Speaker 1: And that is the answer. Mister officers. We have no idea when we had a first date, because we have for ten years and going out. Let's go grab a drink, go have lunch, go do We have been doing that from the jump, So at one point we didn't go out to eat and say, hey we're dating now, this is our first date. No, we just kept it flowing and it was just such an organic thing. Yes, we are a couple who has zero clue and cannot name a single restaurant, day or time that we had a first.
Speaker 2: Dictum, we don't even have an anniversary.
Speaker 1: I know, say it ain't it.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: We've talked about it, like what day should we celebrate us?
Speaker 1: I don't know. We could just pick one, pick them all, all.
Speaker 3: Right, TJ. This is the question number ten. If you could both live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why.
Speaker 1: There's a practical answer to this, and there is a different ant. The practical answer is New York because Sabine is here. I have to stay here. She's in school here, my twelve year old daughter. So that is the practical answer. Now you throw that out. I think possibly saw you lead in Mexico because of the place we have robots, certainly spent a lot of time. But we were down in that area together and it's just a wonderful, sleepy, cool little beach town that we could possibly be looking at property as we speak.
Speaker 2: I actually last night said this to TJ. Why do we not as soon as we can figure out how to buy something in Mexico and just live there. I literally said that last night. So you nailed it.
Speaker 1: Wow, that was how we only got one wrong? I say we, I mean you, we only got one wrong out of the tent so far.
Speaker 2: Your first job, right, Yeah, but that was just.
Speaker 1: A brain fart on your bar. You knew the story, but coming Okay, we're doing all and it.
Speaker 2: Did work at Red Lobster. It just wasn't your first job.
Speaker 1: Oh man, those shirts with the I don't know what they wear now, but it was the fish all over the shirts. It was a button up short sleeve and khaki shorts. Attractive, I swear, Oh no, no, I had. There was an apron thing that went around here too.
Speaker 2: Somehow you probably made it look cool.
Speaker 1: I did well annoying you staying with us here, folks, we got ten more questions to go.
Speaker 2: Welcome back everyone. We are halfway through our immigration test to see if our relationship in fact is real, is legit, and we were curious not to see just how well we knew each other if it would pass the test. Hopefully some of you are playing along with us with your significant partner. If anything, it sparks fun conversations about getting to know each other even better and perhaps realizing there are maybe some room, there is some room for improvement. We'll find out we've done so well. I missed the first job. Let's see how we do in these last ten questions. Andy take it away.
Speaker 3: Okay, Amy, what is TJ's favorite hobby.
Speaker 2: TJ's favorite hobby is riding his motorcycle or taking care of his motorcycle. Just something about tinkering with his motorcycle. But it involves his motorcycle.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's that's fair. The other one I was going to say was running.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's an obvious one, and I was weighing that as well, But I feel like that's become more of like it's less of a hobby.
Speaker 1: I love that bike.
Speaker 2: The bike is a hobby.
Speaker 1: I love that bike.
Speaker 3: TJ with Amy's favorite hobby, hobby.
Speaker 1: Hobby she likes. She likes hiking. I don't know if that's an activity or that's a hobby. I don't know, Yeah, a hobby. It's different running, Like I said, that's not a hobby. Shopping isn't a hobby.
Speaker 2: Wow. Right, So would you like me to tell you what I would say my hobbies are but your hobbies are? I have two that I haven't been able to do around you very often because of the circumstances. But I would say two of them are interior decorating and gardening. Okay, yeah, I love those are my two like favorite things to do that I haven't been able to do a lot of But yes, so you haven't. In fairness to you, you haven't seen me.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think of it. There was something else you're saying, something else makes you happy. I can't remember what it was. But yes, that's fair. But yes, you don't do un Let's see you get excited. Yes, to do anything to paint a wall?
Speaker 2: Yes, I love I love doing anything for like interior design. Yes, it's my favorite.
Speaker 1: So that qualifies is a myss for me? Then?
Speaker 2: Yeah, now we're even awesome.
Speaker 3: It's not a competition, baby, TJ. Do you have any shared future goals or dreams.
Speaker 1: Do the two of us? Yes? Uh? Shared future goals or dreams? Yes we do. Uh, future goals running this year's New York City Marathon, getting a property in Mexico. We'll skip all the wedding stuff.
Speaker 3: I'm the immigration officer, so I would actually like to after the K one process.
Speaker 1: You know, I just want to talk to my mom about it first, mister OFFICERSA uh no, But yes, we have a lot of shared you said, what was it? Shared goals and dreams? Dreams to be able to continue to work together and be wildly successful at it. That is a dream of ours.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, Amy, what's one thing your partner does that you never expected?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: One thing my partner does that I never expected. Oh he loves to outlet shop. That was a huge shock to me and a welcome surprise. So yeah. So when I think we were somewhere renting a house and I saw an outlet mall and I was like, oh, an outlet mall and he's like, let's go, And I just thought, are you my dream man? What is happening? So that surprised me in a very good way.
Speaker 1: I do love some outlet shopping. I don't know what that's about. General, most guys don't like to shop, that's exact.
Speaker 2: And most guys especially don't like to outlet shop because it requires, you know, a little bit of digging and a little bit of searching. You know, you're you're trying to find a deal. There's some excitement in getting something that is a percentage off. That typically speaks to girls. That's been my experience. You love the whole process.
Speaker 1: Well, what is it? It's not? Don't guys often not like shopping because they end up having to shop with their partner and they end up sitting in that sad little corner in the store with the other men holding bags. Correct, two of them are asleep, three of them are making it looking at.
Speaker 2: The racks sometimes not just for yourself, but for us to bean or for even for me, Like you're you're looking around. You like the act of shopping.
Speaker 1: That's true, especially outlet shopping.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, Andy seems surprised by the way he was, like his eyes flew.
Speaker 1: What's the one out there.
Speaker 2: The Woodbury? We've been there multiple times?
Speaker 1: All right? I called that outlet not too long ago because I had something I bought at the outlet Christmas time and I loved it so much, and then I can't find it anywhere online. So I called the outlet store. I just was two weeks ago, isn't it? I called a story Woodburg Commons. Please tell me you got it? They didn't, By the way, it's that deep, uh TJ.
Speaker 3: What's the best advice Amy has ever? Give you?
Speaker 1: The best? I'm trying to think of so many of the h because you gave me a lot of what Eckhart totally titles. Uh Michael Singer titles. I think, man, I'm plucking it from Michael Singer's book. But I want to say it came from you for some reason, This idea of not continuing to trip over things you've already gotten passed. It's in one of Michael Singer's books. The way it was put was that just you, you passed by a small child and a stroller on the street, and you go, oh, child's cute, and then the child is gone and you move on by to day and don't think about that kid again. Well, why don't you treat all your troubles that way? Why don't you treat people right, people that get in your way that way? Why why we have such a I think what I'm trying to say here is that the advice I got that I picked up on this was before we started dating, and when I needed it at the time, was to not get hung up on things you've already passed or gone by a way of just settling your mind to a certain degree. But that came from and I was in a very difficult and dark place at that time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we started a lot of our deep conversations happened purely as friends early on. So yes, and I would not take any credit for any of the device but it was only yes things that I gleaned from Michael Singer and Ecartoli. I think one of my favorite things he says is relax and release, which is maybe similar to what you're saying. So you relax, you relax yourself, you acknowledge that you're feeling stressed, you're acknowledged that you're having a problem. You relax, and then you feel it and then you release it and you let it go, and you don't let it build up inside you and create what he calls thorns. So that now anytime anyone else does something that reminds you of that or brings that feeling back up, because you haven't let it go, You've stored it. He calls it a thorn. And so then you go about your life trying to make sure people don't touch your thorns instead of acknowledging the thorn and releasing it. And so, yes, that is something I constantly have to remind myself of. My best friend Nikki put that on her arm, Relax and release.
Speaker 1: She tattooed it, and I have surrender tattooed on my arm. Actually, but I'm trying to think of some advice you give me now, as in a relationship as a mate, advice you give me, can't think.
Speaker 2: Of any lovely.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to, like on a daily baside, to do this or make sure you remember this, or don't forget this, or I can't think of any right now. I'm sorry. I'm just under the pressure of the interview right now, and I can't relax my mind. That's my problem right now, got it. I'm nervous about this, Okay. I just want to do a good job, and I feel like I'm blowing it.
Speaker 3: Amy, do you remember the first time you met TJ's kids.
Speaker 2: I don't remember the first time because Sabine, I know that she would have been won and she was always running around the Good Morning America studios. So I do remember that I met her when she was couldn't speak, and that she was the cutest little damn thing ever in like just the cutest little outfit and shy is all, and just probably hugging TJ's leg and me saying hi, Sabine, and her maybe putting her face in his leg. But that I don't have the exact date, but I have like an idea of it, and I remember how little she was.
Speaker 1: Now she's twelve and annoying as hell.
Speaker 2: I think she's still sweet.
Speaker 1: She is a she is a great kid. She really really is a good kid. And you have had so much of an impact in her world or like over the past two years. Look, she's dealt with some upheaval, but you've been a very settling part of that. And she spends seems like all of her wake time with us. But no, no, she is she man, She's a good kid. Yeah, but I'm trying even And Elise, I met them, who knows.
Speaker 2: You met them when they were much much younger as well. It's one of those things where when we because it started out as just a friendship for so long, we can't remember when we first met. We cannot remember the moment we first laid eyes on each other. No memory.
Speaker 1: All right, well he's burned in my memory. You had a glow behind you, almost like a y. It was angelic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sign from the beginning teaching.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, what high school did Amy go to?
Speaker 2: This is so funny.
Speaker 1: She went to a high school in uh in Snellville, Georgia.
Speaker 2: M Brentwood very close.
Speaker 1: Wood is at the end.
Speaker 2: Yes, And.
Speaker 1: What I say, Brentwood, you said Brentwood. There's gotta be a brent A Brock.
Speaker 2: Uh M, fuck, let's just Brookwood High School, Brookwood, Brookwood, Brentwood.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if I just said to the immigration officer, she went to Ringo High School, and that would have been I would have heard it.
Speaker 2: But you did get Snellville, Georgia. Right, it's hard to forget because as it's.
Speaker 1: Your folks are still there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's well, they're not still in Snowville anymore.
Speaker 1: What's the town they're in? Okay't give it away. I would have just given it away if they were still in Snowville.
Speaker 2: But yes, sorry, oh my goodness, wait now I'm forgetting the town they just now it's completely escaped me. Kim Basinger used to own it, used to own what the town that my parents live in? Brazilton, Brazzleton, Georgia.
Speaker 1: I wasn't gonna give it away.
Speaker 2: It's a fun fact.
Speaker 1: Would you want to include the address?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: A stop? Is it twenty? Is it really?
Speaker 3: No? It's okay, all right, we only have four questions left. Amy, what was the last gift you got from teaching?
Speaker 2: Oh that's so easy, I am wearing I'm actually i have both of them with me right now. I have the purse he gave me and a pair of you gave me. Are these black diamonds in white gold?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, hoops. So I actually have them on right now and I can prove it to you, Officer. Here they are.
Speaker 3: I love evidence.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Wow, check that one off.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, TJ. How did your family react when you told them about your relationship?
Speaker 1: I didn't get a chance to Okay, there it is. Yes, this is a legit question that somebody be asked. But yes, that was that's crazy. We didn't get a chance to do what we wanted to do. We were building up to that moment of announcing all this stuff and it was taken from us. So that sucks. I hated it for our families, our parents especially, But yeah, we didn't we didn't get that moment. Well, we got moments to mister officer. See, she did meet she's met my parents on a couple of occasions, sat and had a great old Italian dinner with my folks on a lovely night here in New York. And we are going, oh my god, she's making the first trip home to make this coming up the first time she's ever been to my hometown and this is happening in a matter of weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, very exciting. I've never been to Memphis, so super excited. I'm hoping he takes me to Graceland.
Speaker 1: Mister officer, would you like to see our flight itinerary? It's books.
Speaker 3: I will ask for that binder that comes in the document review portion.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Amy, So the last one for you?
Speaker 2: Maybe? All right?
Speaker 3: What is the most important thing you both value in this relationship?
Speaker 2: The most important thing we both value? I think that the most important thing in any relationship is trust. I'm not talking about like trust that we are going to stay true to each other, but trust that we're both in it for keeps in it for each other's best interests. Trusting that even when we have tough times or bad times, that the goal is the same, that we love each other and we want to spend our lives with each other. So I think that's the most important aspect shared value that we have. Would you agree or disagree? Hey, this was your question, Well, I was supposed to be.
Speaker 3: I had an answer from you.
Speaker 1: I had different interview questions smissed the officer.
Speaker 3: I thought this was Now I'm just a nosy interview the.
Speaker 1: My mom. That's a matter of well, what was again the most important.
Speaker 3: The most important thing you both value in your relationship.
Speaker 1: I would go with friendship, but it was that was always the foundation. As long as that's there, I think we're going to be okay. But a lot we hear it all the time. People will get married and I say, no, she's my best friend and all list. You don't hear as often that someone actually marries their best friend, like we were best friends first and then the relationship happens. So to have that foundation, it's critical. I said before I've said here, we talked about it. Hey, before we even start our relationship, and say hey, if this is going to sacrifice or hurt our friendship, I cannot lose you as a friend. I would sacrifice a relationship with you, but I have to keep a friendship with you. So that, mister officer sers is what I would say.
Speaker 2: All right, and Tej, yeah, because you still have your last question, questions taking liberties now with this, I just.
Speaker 3: Don't want to ask it, you know, TJ, what is your favorite thing about living together?
Speaker 1: Favorite that it's tough because there's a lot. If I start saying it out loud, maybe I'll go, oh, yeah, of course, that's it. I love the routine of it. I love the not having to make I don't like. I love not having to say, well, where we're going to be here or there, or where are you're going to be? We know we're going to be together. I love that. I love the evenings of cooking together. I love being being in the house and in the mix and in one home with us. I love all of that. So the favorite thing about it, I don't know. I think it's the certainty of just how it feels. We had so much back and forth and we finally got to settle down and to calm down and to be together, and I think, yeah, there's some piece that comes with that certainty. And I know it's not just one thing, but it's it's that is the thing. I guess that's that's the most comforting I guess about where we are now.
Speaker 3: Okay, And as you know a K one visa it says that the purpose is to get married within the ninety days. This question goes for both of you.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 3: Have you talked about marriage and what kind of wedding you'd.
Speaker 1: Like, yes and yes, and thank you mister officer for your time today. It's really you've been great through this process, sir, and we look forward to the results. Do we get them now or should we wait to find out later?
Speaker 3: Let's see. Yep, you pass.
Speaker 1: So the clock is ticking. We got ninety days to get this done. Oh yeah, to answer that, that's fair. Of course. We talk about our we talk all the time. Yes, And I don't know if people will know ahead of time. There's not going to be some magazine spread with all of our pictures and inviting people to some wedding of our Yeah, just pop up one day and we're married and say, yeah, we just had our four year anniversary. Everybody going with, what the hell? Yeah, that's gonna be us.
Speaker 2: That's probably how we're gonna roll, just because I think, yeah, when you get to this point in your life, and I love a wedding, I love going to weddings, but for us, it's not about the wedding. It's about the marriage. So it's just a different, a completely different focus after having already truly been there, done that, gotcha all right?
Speaker 1: Well, folks, really, I'm curious to know if people if well, agin I'm majority female listeners here. Thanks, Yeah, okay. I wonder if going through it in their minds, if they could answer and think their significant other could answer most of these questions.
Speaker 2: I think, hopefully the answer is probably yes. They're not tricky questions necessarily, but they are thought provoking questions, and I think it's always fun to have a reason to dive a little deeper with your partner to see how well you know them. So we thought this would be fun and we hope you all enjoyed it, and we'll take it back to your favorite person who you're considering marrying perhaps or are already married too, but we appreciate you listening to us. Thank you. We hope you enjoyed this episode of Amy and TJ. You know where to find us on Instagram, and of course we're always there. A being Monday Friday six thirty am for the morning run. Check it out. I