Speaker 1: Who's number one?
Speaker 2: It mic be this guy cam Ward who just cut it loose in his pro day on NFL Network, And how did Ward feel about the workout and his conversations with the Titans. Here from cam Ward himself as he joins our guys in Miami. Aaron Rodgers pro day was twenty years ago this month, and here we are still talking about his next team. Will it be the Steelers, Will it be the Giants? Will it be something really cool that we don't even know about. We will tell you the latest as Rogers Watch continues. Have already been a lot of big moves around the NFL over the past couple of weeks, So who could now be in line for a turnaround in twenty twenty five. Judy Batista will reveal her picks, but first she'll smile and nod as I introduced the show Welcome Inside with the Insiders alongside Judy and Ian Rappaport and my Gara follow I am Tom Pelisserro. It is a big day, not because we had cam Ward on the field, because today Marx one month from the NFL Draft. That's right April twenty fourth, in Green Bay. There's just a few of the faces that you could see crossing the stage or getting the news at home that they have their new NFL team's first name off the board. Well, it seems increasingly there's a good chance it could be Miami quarterback cam Ward, who was out on the field in front of a ton of scouts and coaches earlier today, including some who happen to be sitting on that number one pick in Tennessee. After the workout, cam Ward joined cam Wolf and Brian Baldinger at Miami.
Speaker 3: Here joined with cam Ward off your pro day workout, and you were just talking about how many Pro days you watched going forward. When does it sink in that you were the front facing member of this draft class, this moment, give all the journey you've had to get here.
Speaker 4: I never really thought about it, honestly.
Speaker 5: Uh, And I'm I'm just blessed to be in a position for all thirty two teams to be here, you know, now for myself before my teammates, I've been blessing so you know, as it sunk in yet, but I'm excited for the for the future.
Speaker 6: I was holding Sam Brown, you know what, doing the workout, and you know, everybody makes this out to be a big production. He's like, we do this after practice every day, like almost did it almost feel like that at some point? Like you just I mean obviously you guys, you know, want to put on a good show, you want to perform, but like, did it.
Speaker 7: Feel like this this is this is our routine?
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is practice for us. That's why I've seen like two or three reloads. We would get it right back like like what we did at practice throughout the season.
Speaker 4: So so if you.
Speaker 5: Missed a throw or the receiver doesn't get there, they don't like how they was we getting it back at the end of practice. So that's just always our mindsets are you know, us as a whole quarterback and receiver room. And I know I'm just surrounded by a great group of guys from j G to Schrepo, sam Elaja Cam. But you know, the script, it was a good script because it was stuff that you know, I did a lot of during the season, So rhythm, just imitating players I already did. In my mind, I'm thinking more first and second down, third down scenarios like that's what we had some motions on there, and I'm just going through game time self. I'm not really thinking about, you know, throwing this specific route and this dropped to me, it's just all game game things.
Speaker 3: There was a throw that you did on the roll on the run where you hit a dime and it looked like you turned to the Titans brass Chad Brinker Mike Gorzoni and said something to them.
Speaker 7: What did you say to it?
Speaker 5: I said, I'm solidifying it today.
Speaker 4: They heard you.
Speaker 7: I made sure they heard me.
Speaker 3: So I guess off that tip. The Titans obviously have the number one overall pick.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: They like you, they've had you in the building. What did you want to show them today?
Speaker 5: I said, only showing them, but every really teams just thrown on rhythm where there's three steps on rhythm, five steps on rhythm for under in the gun heavy player, uh, you know gun five with moving outside of the pockets. Just showing them all you know under center stuff that I didn't get to show as much during the season. Let him know that I'm capable of it because the end of the day, the NFL is not playing on the center all the time there in the gun, but you gotta be able to do it. And so that was the main focus for me. And then on the net is just making it all a boy. My receiver seanna throw doem catchup with balls? Bet should and I have balls at the ground. We had a couple but the end of the day, you ain't gonna be perfect. You always got stuff to get better.
Speaker 2: At great interview there from Miami Pro Day, I will say, and this is selfish here, if he does go number one to the Titans, cam Wolf, who covers Tennessee a lot for us constantly talking about cam Ward is going to be a disaster for me to spit out the correct names on TV. But it certainly seems like ian as you watch that little by play there, cam Ward seems pretty confident that he knows where exactly he's going to be landing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, gim Ward should be confident now, first of all, as far as where he slots in for from you know, compared to the other quarterbacks, compared to the other top prospects. It does seem to me, based on the people I've spoken with, and this is obviously not a surprise, that he is looking increasingly likely that cam Ward is the number one overall pick.
Speaker 4: It is not done.
Speaker 9: People are not done with their evaluations. We don't even know what team is going to pick number one, but certainly seems the most likely scenario is that cam Ward is number one. As far as the Tennessee Titans go my understanding, despite the fact that they haven't signed a veteran quarterback yet still need one and do not yet have it in Trench Starter, haven't made the firm and final decision that they are making the pick. They are still going through the evaluation process that includes obviously this pro date includes obviously talking with members of the Tennessee Titan staff, dining with them during.
Speaker 7: The course of his pro day and before his pro day.
Speaker 9: I'm told the Titans are also going to have private workouts with cam Ward and Shador Sanders. Those should be over the next two or so weeks. It is all part of the process, guys, for them to evaluate where they are. Do they want to consider potential offers to trade back, or do they want to make the pick. To me, it seems likely as of now make the pick, but certainly they are not done with that decision.
Speaker 10: Well, whoever ends up picking first overall, whether it is the Titans or they somehow trade out of that spot, it certainly seems clear that cam Ward is he said he was trying to solidify things. That he solidified things today we know about his arm. One thing that I have learned about him, I pay a little bit more attention to the University of Miami Hurricanes than I do to other programs. It's my alma mater. But one thing that people who are around that program from the time he got there out of the transfer portal was he was a natural leader really from the beginning. I mean, obviously he got there, he was there only one year. He comes into the building, you know he's going to be a one and done, and he immediately asserted himself sort of as the alpha personality on the team. He elevated everything around him, elevated all the other players around him. And if you are the Tennessee Titans, or frankly, if you're any of those teams that are up at the top of the draft this year in need of a franchise quarterback, that's what you want in terms of personality. The skill is clear, you can see that, you can see the arm, but you also want that kind of leadership personality because all of the teams that are picking up high are at some point of a rebuild. Certainly the Tennessee Titans have what looks to be a multi year rebuild ahead of them. You want somebody who can elevate everybody in the room along with him, the way we saw Jaden Daniels do last year in Washington. That seems to be something that cam Ward is capable of doing as well.
Speaker 11: You see that Giants logo there, Judy the number third overall pick, which could have been number one if they had just lost to the Colts, like I guess they were supposed to. They didn't, so now they're kind of sort of out of it. And I was struck by the one shot we see of cam Ward with Mike Kafka, the Giants offensive coordinator, over the one shoulder, and over the other shoulder is Shay Tierney, the team's quarterbacks coach. And the Giants were there in full force to evaluate Ward, but they just might not get a shot to ever get up there and get to him.
Speaker 4: Ian Taught you said it was likely that.
Speaker 11: The Titans make that pick at number one overall, and that it is cam Ward. I would say that that is the consensus around the league when you talk to you quarterbacks agents or teams that we're trying to potentially trade with the Titans there for the number one overall pick, or have tried at least to this point. They're all sort of getting the sense that the communication was indicating we're going to stay put and we're going to take ourselves a quarterback here.
Speaker 4: Again, likely is.
Speaker 11: The word that I would use, because this is the draft. Nobody ever tells you for sure, and even if they know for sure, they want to keep that drama building up to draft day as well. So we don't know for sure, but the indications are that the Titans are more likely to select that make that selection at number one, and it is going to be cam Ward.
Speaker 4: We shall see still a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 11: Maybe somebody will blow their socks off with an offer and they'll say, hey, we just can't turn this one down and come out of the number one spot.
Speaker 7: We'll see on the.
Speaker 2: Time it's contingent is there at Miami. They also are one of the teams continuing to await a firm and final decision from one Aaron Rodgers, who at this point has taken a visit to Pittsburgh. Everything went well on Friday. Those teams have had those sides have had contract parameters in place. They had to get to know your meeting on Friday, certainly, though the Giants also remained involved at this point. Could it be one of those teams? Could it be potentially waiting for something else to open up? All we know for sure, and Cam Heywardes make this abundantly clear in multiple different venues, he would like a decision sometime soon.
Speaker 12: You're talking about an urgency with a bunch of you know, ogs that are might might be looking at the clock on the wall a little bit here, to be honest, That's why Rogers is kind of a fit there if you think about it, right, I mean like I don't know how much time he considers in his head that he does have left, but it would be similar to what you might be thinking, Cam, you know, and others on the team. That's kind of why it sounds like it's a fit. If you don't mind me just saying that.
Speaker 7: Dam Yeah, there's some poetic moves being played.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 13: The last Super Bowl he won was against the Pittsburgh Steelers, and now we kind of need him to come over here and win a Super Bowl. But the thing I love that it's not just going to be one guy there's a multitude of guys that if he does come here, they're only locked in on that.
Speaker 2: So from Hey cam Ward to Cam Hayward, that was a tough one. You've got a team in the Steelers that clearly has put everything else on hold at this point, Judy to try to get Aaron Rodgers there and Rich as you saw on his show The Richeisen Show, mekes a good point, which is this is a team that Mike Tomlin's been pushing in recent years in every venue possible. They continue to search for that answer at the quarterback position. Is it if they get this done Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 10: Well, I thought it was interesting that m Hayward used the word urgency right. There is an urgency because there are some veteran players there who have not won a Super Bowl, who are nearing the ends of their careers, so there is personal urgency for them. There's clearly organizational urgency for the Pittsburgh Steelers who get to the playoffs year after year after year and then don't win a game.
Speaker 8: They need to push much further.
Speaker 10: This is a franchise that is used to collecting Lombardi Trophies. It does mesh really well with Aaron Rodgers, who certainly has a personal urgency to win another Super Bowl or at least get back to another Super Bowl. That visit to the Steeler strikes me as all about fit and comfort. Right, the contract parameters we know are there, and you know whoever it is, whether it's the Giants of the Steelers, the money is there. That doesn't seem to be the issue. It seems to be his comfort level, his fit, his feeling about the football operation.
Speaker 8: Does he mesh with it?
Speaker 10: So when you're in a building for six hours talking to coaches, that's what that is about. Now, I'm curious to see when and if he has a similar meeting with the New York Giants. Obviously he lives in New Jersey, so getting to the Giants is not really that big.
Speaker 8: A lift for him.
Speaker 10: But I'm curious to see if he has a similar meeting with the Giants, to see how the fit is there. Certainly it feels like this is tilting towards the Steelers. It is just as we have said now for the last few weeks. He is going to take his time, He's going to make sure everything is in place and that he's comfortable with this decision because this is probably the final team that he will play for whenever he decides. And of course there's still the remote possibility that he could just say, you know what, I'm going to sit this out and I'm going to retire Judy.
Speaker 11: You talked about the potential visit with the Giants. That was the question. Okay, you visited the Steelers, Now, how about a visit to the Giants. Wait, no visit to the Giants, and there's none really scheduled to this point and he may not take one. Okay, So doesn't that then rule the Giants out? I mean, isn't that an obvious signal that they're out of it? And I asked that question to everyone on all sides of this thing, and everything I'm getting back is no, the Giants are still in play.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 11: You can believe that or not believe that. Maybe he's training them along. You could say that that's what he's doing in this case. But every indication I've gotten is that he's had enough positive communication with the Giants right now that he doesn't feel like he has to make the visit again.
Speaker 4: Because you talked about.
Speaker 11: Him living there in Jersey and him being a part of the market the last couple of years, it would really only be about getting to the facility and talking to those guys there. But again, he's had those conversations with them virtually, so feels comfortable enough in the information that he has received that way. Now, I'm not saying he's going to the Giants. I'm not saying that they're more of a favorite than the Steelers at this point. I'm just saying I've asked the questions that Judy was just asking, basically to the people who may or may not know, and I'm still waiting for somebody to say, yeah, they're out of there. No, everybody's keeping the Giants in play.
Speaker 4: We'll see.
Speaker 9: Well, one of the problems Mike is like we've all spent the last several months, just like we've done the last couple of years, trying to get in Aaron Rogers head, and he doesn't talk to a ton of people, and the people he does talk to keep it pretty close to the vest, so we don't really truly know what he thinks except by his actions. We know that he's extremely interested in the Steelers because it was in their facility for many hours, you know, with their football staff, seems like I had a great meeting with the coaches, specifically met everyone from Art Rooney and Olmark on all the way down to all the coaches. That sounded like it went well. I know he's taken some time to get to know the Giants over the course of the last several weeks. So what I really wonder now is what else is there? Right, Like, if there's no Giants, if he's comfortable enough there to make a decision, shouldn't a decision be coming right because he has no more information to gather. Obviously, the draft is coming in a month or so, so some decisions should be coming soon. And the other part of this is tom is if he doesn't choose the Giants, they have a number three overall pick. If they so desire, they can take a quarterback. If it's not the Steelers, I really do wonder what's next. There seems to be a remote post stability Russell Wilson is back there after the way it ended last year, they then forced into drafting a quarterback like they did or so years ago, Like, what other options are there for the Dealers If it's not Rogers. Obviously they hope it is him, But if not, it gets pretty interesting.
Speaker 2: The Kirk Cousins possibility continues to linger out there, though at some point the Falcons would have to be willing to move him for a reasonable price tag in terms of draft compensation, and also take on a larger portion of his salary than to this point. It sounds like Atlanta has been willing.
Speaker 1: To do so.
Speaker 2: Still some moving parts and definitely some teams that are hoping by the owners meetings that start next week they're not having to all answer questions about this.
Speaker 1: Loyal viewers of our show might notice.
Speaker 2: Some differences in the backgrounds tonight, Mike coming to us from a secret bunker somewhere in New Jersey, Ian apparently coming to us from someone's grandma's dining room, because earlier today he was doing this.
Speaker 7: Welcome.
Speaker 4: I thought, you.
Speaker 7: Say, this is actually real.
Speaker 14: And actually happen.
Speaker 1: Trusted it.
Speaker 9: I told Paps before the show that I would nail it, and I did. I am Ian Rappaport also known as rap sheet Uh, and I am hosting the Pat McAfee show today in place of Pat. We don't know where Pat is. He is in another country. Parts unknown is how it was described to me. But I am told he is joining us.
Speaker 7: Right, I'm sitting the screen. You yeah, I'm just saying, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I like the look on Pat's face when Ian said that he nailed the open, which was yeah, sure, buddy, that looked pretty good.
Speaker 9: You have funny and I had a great time. Those guys are an absolute blast. Fill in three hours. Talking about sports is slightly different from popping in from time to time like we do here. But so much love for Pat and the guys and for everyone who let me do it. An NFL network in again, you see my reaction me crushing the open, I would say probably the highlight, not just for me but for everyone pressing.
Speaker 7: It was awesome. I just have one.
Speaker 11: But what was your best NCAA tournament take today? Like, I'm sure you watched a ton of basketball over the weekend.
Speaker 14: No, I did.
Speaker 9: My favorite part basketball I was today was they said what was the name of the player who hit the shot from Maryland? And I thought for a second and I said Derek Queen, which is his name? So I you know, I was really proud of that moment.
Speaker 2: Very impressive, just like you put yourself on the Whedi's box with that, with that pose, there at the end of it, So congratulations Ian, safe travels back.
Speaker 1: We all love more of this show. The Insiders still to come.
Speaker 2: Caleb Williams got some new friends, including along the offensive line. Well that helped the Bears get over the hump. In twenty twenty five, Judy is going to break it down for us. Also can be joined by Lance Zurline, our draft expert, talking about some of the most versatile players in this draft, not just Travis Hunter, how about JJ Peygeese.
Speaker 8: You don't get your geese for free, you gotta pay.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna walk away. The show's going on though. It's the Insiders Big Day April fourth in Boulder. That is when Colorado will hold its showcase for Shador Sanders, Travis Hunter, and the rest of Colorado's draft eligible players. Borton opportunity for shdur did not throw at the combine to come out one last time and put his stamp on his draft stock. You can see it live on NFL Network April fourth, two thirty pm Eastern Time.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Insiders, Tom Pilli, Cerah, Mike.
Speaker 2: Carofalo Join now by our draft expert, Lance Sirline. Let's talk about some of the most versatile players lance in this year's draft, and clearly the first want any such a list needs to be one of those guys in Colorado.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's Travis Hunter. I mean, there's no doubt. This is a guy who's a two way player. Twenty six hundred snaps over the last two years. Twenty six hundred snaps over the last two years, which is insane. What makes him special is that he is really really good at both positions. He was a my top rated wide receiver in this draft. He's my top rated cornerback in this draft. And once you have as a player with unique instincts as a wide receiver, and that translates over even more so twofold as a cornerback because he recognizes the routes that are run. He recognizes when the ball's in the air, how to attack the ball. And I think that you know, when you watch Travis Hunter, he's going to be a player who can make big.
Speaker 7: Plays on either side of the ball. Now, how are you going to play him? I don't know. My guess is he'll be a full time corner and a part time wide receiver.
Speaker 15: I just know that when it comes to, you know, the ability to make plays on either side of the ball. He's a player that maybe we haven't seen in the NFL since maybe Chance Bailey, and even Champ Bailey only did that for small stretches in his career. So we're truly looking at a very unique versatile talent here in Travis.
Speaker 11: Hunter, Alabama coach Kaylin Debor and gonna join us later in the show. I'm going to ask him about Jalen Milroe. But guess what you get to answer first, Lance on what you think about the versatility of mister Milroe.
Speaker 7: Well, I think jaln Milroe.
Speaker 15: You know everyone's going to be all up at arms if you mentioned anything but him playing quarterback.
Speaker 7: But here's the thing. He's just an explosive athlete.
Speaker 15: I don't care if the ball's in his hands as a quarterback, if he's leaving the pocket as a runner. I know the NFL teams I talk to, they're very excited about him because he can do things that other quarterbacks can't do in this draft. But he can also do some things that other playmakers can't do. So what you're looking at as a very versatile playmaker when he comes in the game. He's a threat to hit a home run on you at any point. Now, where are you gonna line him up? Are you gonna line him up as a wildcat quarterback? Is he going to take snaps you know, as a triple option quarterback? Is he going to be a standard quarterback when he comes to the Is he going to line up somewhere in a slot? And now you don't know what to do with a guy like Jylen Milross. So I think he's a very versatile player because he's such an explosive athlete, and I think the right team could really set him up for success early in his career as they develop the quarterback part of who he's going to be as an NFL player.
Speaker 2: I was flipping over the R side of the ball here. Lance tell me about the versatility of Jalen Walker.
Speaker 7: Well, so, Jalen Walker.
Speaker 15: It's tricky with Jalen Walker because some teams believe that he hasn't shown enough instincts to be a full time linebacker. But I think it's just a matter of time He's going to be a full time linebacker. What he does well though, right now, is rush the quarterback. He's an extremely instinctive pass rusher. Now when you look at him, you can tell he doesn't have the size of a standard three to four outside linebacker. He doesn't look like a quote unquote edge player. But I think that's a benefit. In the past you might label him a tweiner. I call him a hybrid player now, and a hybrid player has a much more positive connotation. I think he's going to get better in terms of recognizing run plays and blocking schemes as a linebacker. But right now, what he can do right off the rip is going to be go out and get the quarterback. He can get into the pocket and cause mayhem, and he can do it either off the edge or is a blitzing linebacker from a variety of alignments. So I love that versatility because you can align him in a lot of different places and he can cause havoc from multiple spots along the defensive front.
Speaker 7: That's versatility on defense for me.
Speaker 11: Lan's talk to me about JJ Pegee from Old Miss.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I love JJ Pegee. So they used him. You know, it's funny when he went to Auburn. Initially they used him in a in a direct snap capacity. Then Ole Miss said, you know what, let's do the same thing. But what helps him stand out right away as things like this. On defense, He's got really special athleticism, quick feet, good spin move, he has rare change of direction for being three hundred and nine pounds. He is really, really tough once he gets in the backfield. And I like the fact that he can play all over the defensive line. He can play a three to four and he can play a four to three defensive tackle. They line him up on the nose at times, but the versatility doesn't stop with the lignement. Let's take him to the offensive side of the ball. On direct snaps, this guy is a monster. He finishes first downs at an unbelievable rate. Like every direct snap ends up in a first down or a touchdown, very rarely stopped. I think I counted him stopped one time. In twenty six carries. Twenty six carries, I think there were twenty five either first downs or touchdowns when he ran the ball.
Speaker 7: And if you're a team on offense, you got the tush push, the brotherly shove.
Speaker 15: Well, I'm getting j I'm getting the JJ payday because I'm giving the big man the ball and I'm gonna go let him eat right there at the one yard line as well, So try to stop that. It's tough stopping a guy who can squat six hundred pounds a quarterback. It's going to be hard stopping a guy like JJ Pageese as well.
Speaker 14: Well.
Speaker 11: I mean, the whole time I'm watching that, I'm thinking, who's strong enough to push that bush? And maybe, just maybe it would be Jalen Hurts who.
Speaker 4: Did the old squad of six I yuess you.
Speaker 11: Just mentioned it, So maybe they reverse the roles or maybe you don't know which one you're gonna get there. You're gonna get pig East pushing, You're gonna get Jalen pushing. That was his squad from wayback, which was topped by Dat and Win from Iowa or yeah, mine from Island Western.
Speaker 4: This is eight hundred and.
Speaker 8: Five pounds less.
Speaker 4: That's like six of you.
Speaker 7: Oh my, that's incredible.
Speaker 11: And he did it so easily, like there was no struggle on the way up.
Speaker 7: It's like joking. Look at that. They've got straps on the weights to keep them on.
Speaker 15: I haven't done something like that for at least fifteen years, so it's been a long time since I've been able to squad eight oh five. So you know, props to dad Win. That's really really tough to do. Trust me.
Speaker 11: Well, look, we'll give you a year and when we lead up to the twenty twenty six NFL Draft, we'll cut away to you. If you get to like eight hundred, we'll call it even.
Speaker 4: How's that sound like?
Speaker 7: Need some knee But I just got to get the right knee wraps. That's all I need.
Speaker 4: That's all right. We got twelve months to get it done.
Speaker 14: Lance.
Speaker 11: Always appreciate your insight, man, looking forward to more of it.
Speaker 4: In the last month leading up to the draft.
Speaker 11: Last year, the Bears had the ninth I had the first pick, but the Bears had the ninth pick was Roma Dunza along with Caleb Williams, who did the clothing. And everybody's like, we just came up with that. Now after one hundred plus years of the Bears, Yeah they did. They want to know who's next. So last year at nine, this year, at ten, Judy Batista back with me Mike Arrafolo to talk about her article up there on NFL dot com. Backslash Batista two teas well two and then one, so three total, but don't log on just yet. Hear what Judy has to say about the Bears and the potential for a turnaround, which is the topic of her article.
Speaker 10: Well full confession. They were also on the list last year as a turnaround Kennedy, and it didn't quite take off the way I anticipated, mostly because last year it was based all on Caleb Williams's presence. This year, I feel a lot better about it because they have finally done some things to help Caleb Williams. Namely, they really shored up the offensive line, particularly the interior of the offensive line. He was sacked sixty eight times last year, so the offensive line was a priority. They also did some work on the defensive line. They improved their pass rush too. I think one of the biggest things they did had nothing to do with free agency, though, was hiring Ben Johnson, a really creative play caller and play designer on offense and somebody who has already talked about spending a lot of time with Caleb Williams and sort of getting them on the same page.
Speaker 8: With each other.
Speaker 10: I think that's going to be really important for Caleb Williams development, and certainly having the offensive line in front of him. Will also help the running game, which Ben Johnson wants to emphasize as well. That will take some of the pressure off Caleb Williams as well. I think finally the pieces are in place to help Caleb Williams really elevate his game this season.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 11: The number one overall picking ca Ale Williams a year ago, Jade and Daniels no turnaround needed, came out of the gate hot with the Commanders. Drake may the number three overall pick. Let's go to New England and talk about the Patriots potential for a turnaround.
Speaker 10: Yeah, let's be clear, they were operating at a talent deficit in Foxborough last season. It's certainly contributed to Gerard Mayo's subpar performance and his exit after only one season as the head coach. First of all, they brought in Mike Rabel, who is an experienced head coach with experience and success, so that is a positive. And now they are starting to do things to help Drake Maye. Namely, they really invested a lot of money, especially on the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 8: Milton Williams of course got the big contract Harold Landry. They really addressed every level of the defense. They needed to do that. Now what do they need to do?
Speaker 10: They need to put more pieces on the offense around Drake May. This has been an issue for a few years in New England. They don't have much offensive firepower. They've got to address that next. But certainly there is the possibility now for a few more wins for New England. I'm not saying they're going to challenge the Buffalo Bills for supremacy in the division, but you could certainly imagine the Patriots winning a lot more games than they did last season.
Speaker 11: All right, Judy, now do what Brown's general manager Andrew Berry was able to do for Miles Garrett, which is convinced him that a turnaround from twenty twenty four to twenty twenty five, that twenty five would look maybe more like twenty three for the Cleveland.
Speaker 10: Browns'sn't forget in twenty twenty three they went to the playoffs with a revolving door at quarterback. So you got to give some credit there to Kevin Stefanski. He was the coach of the Year that year. He has not, presumably forgotten how to coach since then. The big win for the Cleveland brown so far this offseason is convincing Miles Garrett, and certainly the gigantic contract help, but convincing him to stay and convincing him to believe that they have a plan going forward. Keeping somebody like Miles Garrett is an important signal to everybody else in the building, and it is also important to any other player who may be entering the building. What they need to do, obviously, is settle the quarterback situation. It is unsettled now, but they have some options. We know They've talked to Russell Wilson. They have the number two overall draft pick. We will see which way they go, but certainly better days should be ahead because Jashaun Watson did not perform well last season. We all know that if they get even marginally better quarterback played, they.
Speaker 8: Should be an improved team from what they were last year.
Speaker 11: One of their quarterbacks now with the Giants, Jamis Winston over there signing with that team.
Speaker 4: Head of the East Rutherford.
Speaker 11: The Browns still looking to make a couple of moves, likely at the quarterback position. Judy Batista NFL dot Com backslash Batista for her list of turnaround teams or at least candidates to do so in twenty twenty five, Jalen Milroe. I can't believe how fast he wren seeing is how he didn't run straight there. We're going to talk to his head coach at Alabama, Kaylin Dibor. He's going to join the show with me and Tom coming up next about Milroe's potential as well as a few other Alabama prospects that's coming up next to the Insiders.
Speaker 2: Jalen Milroe certainly drew some eyeballs, and not just because of how he looks without a shirt on red an unofficial four point three seven forty yard dash at Alabama's pro day last week. One of the top quarterback prospects in this year's draft, just one of the top prospects as usual coming from the Crimson Tide. Tyler Booker, Gihad Campbell also among the highly rated players going into this draft. Where please be joined right now by their head football coach, Kaylen Debor joining us here on the Insiders, Tom Pilicero and Mike Garofolo coach A lot to get into you with you here, but I want to start with the really important thing. Shirtless quarterback forties. Are you in or are you out?
Speaker 16: When you said that I was then just now when it's Jalen Milroe, I think you have to be all in so h the guy is rocked up. You know, he's impressive and always Uh. I'm glad he ran the time he did, so it was a good day for him.
Speaker 11: Shirtless forties, yes, shirtless interviews no no, No, for us too?
Speaker 4: Is what's where I'm going?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 17: Milroe with that forty time of four to three seven?
Speaker 11: Uh, tell us the feedback that you got from NFL evaluators on hand, what you've told them as they've done their work on Jalen.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I think it's it's continued to continues to be more of the same. Ball comes off his hand really well and and uh.
Speaker 14: You know, uh he I thought he threw with a good accuracy.
Speaker 16: Again you can throw to all levels of the field and so just you know, the running piece I think speaks for ourself because there's so much that he's shown on film over the last couple of years. He's not just you know, running two guys. He's running through and I am. And so that really didn't surprise me as far as how he ran. But I think the other stuff it's just more verification you know, and elements and some things under center, you know, as I see the clips here, just stuff that maybe you didn't get a chance to see as much of.
Speaker 14: But he looked pretty comfortable.
Speaker 2: What about some of the off the field stuff, because obviously with quarterbacks you're digging into everything NFL team scouts, coaches. I'm sure you're getting phone calls, you're talking to people at Pro Day when they're trying to figure out can we bet on Jalen Milroe? The face of the program, the face of the team, the dude everybody rallies around.
Speaker 1: What do you tell him?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean he's been here at Alabama and he along with that, I think you have to handle expectations, and when you're the quarterback, it's.
Speaker 14: On another level. Here at Alabama.
Speaker 16: You know, he's he's had the highs and the lows, and he's had to stay the course and just continue to push through. And that's part of being a quarterback. And that's only going to continue to be that case at the NFL. And so you know, his personality just never waivers. He's you know, coming in super early. He's a guy that isn't afraid of the work in all areas whether it's you know, on the football field, in workouts, in the classroom, he just loves it. You know, the new challenges that come his way, he embraces it. You know, he's always looking to learn and he's got a growth mindset about him and so just really enjoyable to be around.
Speaker 11: You've got a bunch of other guys, no surprise with Alabama, but I do have one more on Milrod because there was another Jalen at Alabama just won the Super Bowl as a quarterback, and this being a copycat league, some folks are saying that skill set is very similar to what Jalen Hurts does at the NFL level.
Speaker 4: Do you see that?
Speaker 17: And have you had those conversations with NFL folks?
Speaker 14: Not to that extent.
Speaker 16: I'm really careful because you know, I know what I saw on film and remembered I actually played Jalen Hurts when I was at Fresno State in twenty seventeen, I think it was, and so so I'm up close in person do his thing as well. But I want to be really careful in the comparables, you know, because I think, you know, just talking to keep it more about Jalen Milroe and you know what I do know there, let everyone else kind of who's done all the homework over the last couple of years kind of figure that out and figures this translates to that or someone else you know that also is a you know, a quarterback that you know uses their legs and mobile and in that way.
Speaker 2: Tell me about Gad Campbell. Everybody thinks he's going to be drafted very high. Here, what's an NFL team getting in him?
Speaker 16: Well, the list you showed on the screen, there all five of those guys, and it'd be a broken record if we went one by one and talked about who these guys are as people. And Jahad is just like all of them and and some he's just a super super just great teammate herson just I mean, I loved seeing him walking in my office.
Speaker 14: I love seeing him on the football field. He's got a love.
Speaker 16: And passion for the game that just you know is kind of kind of like get to you know, kind of mindset, I get to do this?
Speaker 14: How great is it?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 16: And always an attitude and gratitude And you can see just the enjoyment he gets watching these clips.
Speaker 14: Here, the celebratory times.
Speaker 16: You know that he has, his teammates will rally to him because they're so happy form us because just that's who he is.
Speaker 14: And so the guy we knew he'd run well, just.
Speaker 16: Like he did at the Combine and just this last year he was a strong piece of our defense and continue to thrive throughout the season and then continue to get better.
Speaker 14: Was a lot of what he was doing.
Speaker 17: Brian Baldinger a big part of our show.
Speaker 11: And if I didn't ask about an offensive lineman here, he'd be extremely upset with me. So Tyler Booker twenty third overall and Daniel Jeremiah's top fifty prospects ideal, size, awareness, consistency, white base, firm base, everything you want to hear about an offensive lineman. How's DJ's analysis of Booker?
Speaker 16: There, this guy he's special, and uh, he's special because I always put it this way. He brings his a game every single day, and a game on the football field, but just as a.
Speaker 14: Leader, he's just elite that way.
Speaker 16: You know, he brings, he gets the best out of himself, and then he's going to make sure he brings up, brings others with him. And we talk about accountability. He was front and center with really leading the charge on that with our whole football team, not just his position group or his side of the ball.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 16: When when we uh had you know, times we were going through this season, you know, he was the guy that you always kind of look to, I think from the team standpoint to speak up, and when he did, guys listened. He means it, uh, and he lives it every single day. So I heard I heard an interview where it talked about Gunn of his mindset, you know, getting after defensive players and just you know, kind of taking the love.
Speaker 14: Out of football, out of their out of their heart. You know.
Speaker 16: Uh that is true, Like that's the way he is every single day on the football field.
Speaker 2: Okay, when last time I saw you was down to Alabama Pro Day last year. You'd been on campus for like six weeks or something at that point. It was kind of frantic. He didn't even really know the guys were working out at Pro Day. But we talked a lot about Michael Pennix and where he was going to go, and there was a lot uncertainty about that. Did you get a chance after the season to go back and look at him and what do you think about him now going into his first full year as the Falcon starter.
Speaker 16: Yeah, just super fired up for him as a person because I know his journey and I felt strong about it translating to the NFL and what he could do on the football field, and I feel at this point, you know, we're spot on and he you know, got a chance to be around him after he'd done some OTAs and before they were into camp, and then you know, I just love how you know, he just took that patience and everything he learned, you know, throughout the year and applied it when he got his chance on the football field. Got a chance to see him play the last game of the season, and just you can see the momentum he's gaining, the momentum he's gaining with his teammates.
Speaker 14: Fired up to see a year two, you know for him.
Speaker 1: Caitlyn, thanks a ton for the time.
Speaker 2: No, it's a busy spring over there at Alabama, so appreciate you being here.
Speaker 14: Yeah, thank you for having me on roll time.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest moments for fans of one of the NFL's oldest franchises, the Washington Commanders, last year drafting Jade and Daniels number two overall and all he did was respond by reviving that franchise with a lot of help from Dan Quinn and the rest of the crew, making a deep playoff run that they hope to top this year. For now, Jadon Daniels hanging out with USC basketball star Juju Watkins having a nice conversation, at least until Jaden's mom, Rgina Jackson decided just to sneak in.
Speaker 1: Here in the middle. Judy, you're a mom.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna come to you for the analysis of exactly what we just saw take place there?
Speaker 8: Can I pass?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 8: Guys are dads, you can. Yeah.
Speaker 10: I don't really understand what's happening here. I just want to say I love Juju though she's awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. I think you could.
Speaker 11: I think you can let them loose now, right, I mean I think I think we're where.
Speaker 4: We need to be professionally, right, I mean it's not gonna be. I don't know.
Speaker 17: I don't know, I don't know, I don't Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Just like when the producers make the both of you so uncomfortable that neither want of you wants to answer the question. I will point out she's not just his mom, she is also his agent, so making sure that she's taking care of the entire picture. We are back tomorrow seven pm, Easter tom Thank you for watching The Insiders.
Speaker 1: We will see it.