Speaker 1: You're listening to Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It is the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. LaVar Arrington, Jonas Knox, Brady Quinn in for Dan and the guys. You can hear us weekday mornings before The Dan Patrick Show Monday through Friday, six am Eastern time, three o'clock Pacific. And we are off and running here on this Thursday morning. How are we feeling here?
Speaker 3: Boys? Hi, everybody, good.
Speaker 4: Good morning for we're all rocking and rolling here.
Speaker 2: So we've got a little bit of a technical difficulties going on, having some issues. We'll try and figure this whole thing out here.
Speaker 5: You want to try to make it back to CRPGM if you can, you can't get to it, okay, Well, and you're not on air, all right, Well let's let's get did to what a what an interesting way to start the show.
Speaker 3: But that's all right. Uh yeah, as you.
Speaker 5: Heard Jonas knocked before his technical difficulties, drug him down.
Speaker 3: The toilet bowl.
Speaker 5: I'll take over for everyone right here, and well, let's start this thing off with a little bit of Liberty Mutual. Everyone's searching for ways to save on insurance. Switch to Liberty Mutual and they'll customize your auto and home insurance so you only pay for what you need. Liberty Liberty, Liberty Liberty, get a quote at Libertymutual dot com or with your local independent agent, and maybe the technical difficulty has been corrected, and the up topper boys, as I call them.
Speaker 3: Are back. We are good, We are we all they are all right.
Speaker 2: So here's what I wanted to say to you guys, because I was a little bit surprised.
Speaker 3: That was kind of like my night Live. By the way, what happened last night?
Speaker 2: Oh oh, I'm sure, bro, you texted a little bit text well about you discovered a charge card that you said you've never seen before.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I saw. I saw an American Express come out.
Speaker 3: Where was I at? Oh no, yeah, where was that?
Speaker 5: I don't even me. I was at the ivy. Here you go, thanks Patty. I was at the ivy and I was having lunch with with Penn, with my my youngest daughter.
Speaker 3: We were having daddy daughter date. And you know, you know, I don't. I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm not impressed by very much. It's not It's just I just live life. It is what it is, and it's not very often something pops up I'd be like, oh, s look at that.
Speaker 3: But you did last night.
Speaker 5: Man, it was during the day last night too, last night too. I mean she saw my wife last night. Holy moldy way you see the watch when I get that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Broy just got to watch on right now, that's got to be four million dollars.
Speaker 5: But this, this, this guy that was serving the table was paying the bill like he he put the bill like the card in the pet and it just hit my eye like it like blinded me for a second, like like the sun rays hit it. It bounced off of the card. It hit me in the face and blinded me. And I could I could sue American Express for this card.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 5: I've never seen a card this color. I'm not I've seen black, I've seen red. I've seen a few American Express cards and you touch them, it's like, oh that's a card. But this one was different. I said, that's gotta be like oil money or something something. There's something different about this card that I've never seen.
Speaker 3: But it was.
Speaker 5: It was almost like titanium platinum mixed with white gold, mixed with something silver, mixed with every precious metal that that existed.
Speaker 3: When they drop it on the table to make a big clattering sound like. It sounded very solid.
Speaker 5: I don't think Day was dropping that card. That card almost looked like you could put it like on your necklace, like a like you could wear it like a charm after you're done.
Speaker 3: Dazzled.
Speaker 2: No, it was so looked like it. I can't explain I just explained it the best way that I can.
Speaker 3: Dude, come on, you could compare it to I.
Speaker 5: Just explained it the best way that I could explain it. You would have had to have seen it. I've never seen the heavy. I've never seen one like. I didn't touch it heavies, but they're all heavy. They're all heavies. And that wasn't even that was that was just the warm up. So I became best friends with Sean Kimp last night. That's my besting.
Speaker 2: Now we will be forever best friends.
Speaker 3: I don't think you understand, like, I didn't get many jerseys when I was young. I had a Sean Camp jersey. Though, man, I love Sean Camp. I have no idea why I grew up a Cleveland sports fan. I maybe had like a Mark Price jersey, maybe a Brad Dordy. That's it. Like then it was Seawan Camp. I have no idea why. I was the biggest fan of Sean Camp. Sonics teams were so cool.
Speaker 5: There was Gary Papon was in there last night. They was up in there, Sam Cassell. I saw Sam talk to Sam. Mike Players hold on so so, Mike Irvin was in there. T O was in there. Man, there there there were a ton I mean it was. It was a who's who of people up in there. And I tell you what, there was a whole lot of chum too. Oh yeah, oh, oh my god. You want to talk about attracting the sharks out.
Speaker 3: Penn State fratnizing going on there?
Speaker 6: Hell yeah, yeah. It was all kinds of who says it doesn't I saw speaking of cocaine. I mean not who said that.
Speaker 5: I mean, but you know, you think of usual suspects and verbal Kemp and Kaiser. I met Sammy Sosa, like I met Sammy Sosa last night.
Speaker 3: Man. Ralph Sampson was up in there. Uh there was.
Speaker 5: There was just a gang like the Pump Brothers are super dope and they they they represent such great causes. Many they represent the youth, take care of the youth. They do so many great things in the community. I don't know how they get so many people to come out, man, I mean they Marcus Allen was up in there. Uh talk to him. He's coming to the white out this year, so that should be fun. I told him, you're gonna come with me?
Speaker 3: Which one?
Speaker 2: There's multiple now there, No, it's not. It's just more celebrated now, Like can you imagine the thing of white out.
Speaker 3: That's a good way. It will be much more celebrated this year. Is Yeah, that's well said.
Speaker 5: I mean imagine, by the way, imagine all the jokes for Halloween.
Speaker 3: White out? How many how many people do you think.
Speaker 2: Are going to go dressed as Pablo from Narcos for halloweenblo for what they call him fradilar Ledge gbar Ledge gbar dang.
Speaker 5: I mean people we became famous overnight, Like Penn State is now.
Speaker 3: Like a Colt, a Colt hero or something. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean I always said, like everybody was joking, right, So the minute somebody make a joke about like, oh, they're doing that cocaine at your school, I'd like, how many times you done cocaine? They shut up.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, you over being You're a little sensitive about it yesterday.
Speaker 5: Now I think we could joke about it. No, I wasn't sensitive about it. I went through the scandal. I went through the scandal, bro, like cocaine. Sorry, no disrespect, But there's probably anybody out there that's judging them kids like, yeah, judge them for selling it.
Speaker 3: But most of y'all, y'all don't used cocaine.
Speaker 5: Like, like, you're lying to yourself and other people if you tell them you didn't partake in it. Now, at the end of the day, I don't like the fact that we keep getting in trouble. But I went through the sex scale, Bro, I don't there's nothing that even comes But I don't get I don't get sensitive about it. It doesn't you know, it doesn't equate to how bad that that.
Speaker 3: I'll say this much. You guys could have had a huge Nile sponsor. You know if.
Speaker 5: Hey, Bro, can you imagine the money we be washing and getting?
Speaker 2: What's the Let me actually look up what's the nearest ski resort next to State College?
Speaker 3: Chelsea Mountain? There you go?
Speaker 5: Why go there when we can bring it here? Well, here's the thing, it's still the summer. You want to go skiing in August. Can you help us out.
Speaker 2: Let's come in, let's come in, and let's let's spray the mountain. I mean, you know, maybe that's why some of these guys that are like thirty eight years old are trying to go back and get their eligibility. You apparently, no, apparently, And I'm shocked to see that you guys love the way.
Speaker 5: I would have said CRACKQ. I would have been offended. I ain't gonna lie to you. If they just say it crack, they out there up school, they smoking crack, I'd be like, you know what, that's offensive.
Speaker 3: I don't like.
Speaker 2: But we have the rich man's drug. So that is true. That's a good way of looking at it.
Speaker 5: Looking at it, let's be hot, let's be high class degenerates, if we're going to do it.
Speaker 2: So I was, and I'm impressed by your guys' commitment to this business because I thought for sure when the news came out that all of a sudden, there's the ability for multiple players that have been signed by NFL teams to go back to college because they'd like to get another year of eligibility, including somebody who had two sacks in a preseason game over the weekend. This whole thing is wild that we are at the point now where you can sign with a roster, be on an NFL roster, be active in NFL games preseason or not, and still be able.
Speaker 3: To go back to college.
Speaker 2: Based on what happened yesterday and the ruling that came out yesterday, I don't get it.
Speaker 3: A few things here, the first being that some players who are currently under contract are working with their agent to get released out of that contract before think about that, before they even get cut by an NFL team, or if there's a chance to get cut by an NFL team, they're already trying to work on. And in most cases, these guys went undrafted, so they're already trying to work on getting back to the college level where there's more of a guarantee of what they're going to make. They'll be highly coveted because of their age, experience, and obviously if they're able to at least make an NFL roster, it gives you a sense of how good they are and how good they'll be at the college level. So it's crazy that this, you know what. July thirty, first, Colorado Federal Judge ruling has now had this sort of impact, as all these other players have filed lawsuits as well to be able to find their way back for this fifth year if they graduated high school in twenty twenty two. So it's wild to think that, man. I mean there's a part of me that like, does pride exist for some of these guys? So like, is there an element in your back of your mind where you're like, no, dude, I wouldn't pro like I just had two sacks in a game. I don't need to go back to college. Nope. It would just feel like a little Van Wilder. It's like, yeah, ah, the old guys back. Oh, here we go, here we go again. Like I don't know, man, something about it just maybe just because the area in which we played LeVar, Yeah, it sits weird with me. I just feel like, I don't know, kind of like a loser, like I couldn't make it at that level or there was some concern. So I'm coming back and down here for another year. Let's run it back. Can I let me ask this question?
Speaker 5: Does a year make a difference in making it onto an NFL roster? I told my son this is true story. Both of them. If you're not NFL ready by your third year of college. If you're not NFL ready by your third year of college, start thinking about what your other opportunities in life are going to be. Go to the resource offices, meet with your professors, figure out what it is that you're going to do. Because the best time for you to get hired and get recruited to a job where you can grow in it and have a pretty decent ceiling is while you're in school. I feel like outside of certain industries, if you graduate, if you leave school, you're now immediately overqualified to get the job, and they're going to get somebody that's already in school that they're recruiting out of school to come get that job.
Speaker 3: What if you're not ready by your fifth year.
Speaker 5: If you're not ready by your third year, could something possibly potentially happen you have a growth spurt, you got a late one, or you were a young freshman, a young sophomore and starting to get a little older as a junior. I would say yes, there are some exceptions to the rule, but largely if you haven't acclimated to college football well enough to be on the boards to actually be a legitimate like employee for the National Football League. If you went to the National Football League right now as a fourth year senior, as if you come out as a junior, you better make it, because that's stupid to come out early and you don't make it. In If you come out as a senior to go into the NFL and you're not going to make a team, does coming back to college give you an extra or did you go to.
Speaker 3: Camp and you're like, oh, I see what I have to do.
Speaker 5: Let me go back to college and practice it and see if I can get it right for next year. I just don't think you're going to improve enough to be able to make it next year either.
Speaker 3: So here's where I'd say I think they can is look at the case of Fernando Mendoza. Had he not gone to Indiana and spent that year where they win a national championship, he wins the Heisman, is he going to be the number one overall pick? My guess is no. He was at Cal, a starter, played for a couple of years, was a good player, maybe even draftable, but not first overall pick. So yeah, I would say can make it, though that's draft stuff. But but but that's real. Like, to me, that's real because that's what you're ultimately talking about. You were talking about some of these guys who are able to come back for one more year, granted to be a fifth year and be able to be a guy who's undraftable to a guy who maybe goes in the middle rounds.
Speaker 5: So yeah, that makes a big difference. I look at losing your job. That's how I'm looking at it. You get into the league, whether you got drafted, whether you were unrestricted free agent, and you're not going to But.
Speaker 3: That's not how they're not that's not how they're looking at it. Like they're looking at their earning potential playing the game of football, and now it's starting. Your clock starts in college, you know, it used to be in the NFL, So you'd be looking at, Okay, how do I get to a second contract? How do I maximize my chances of getting that big second contract, because that's really where all the money is, and if you're lucky enough and healthy enough, you can make the third contract. But now these guys are like, I'm trying to earn all I can while I can playing the game of football. And that might start for some in high school that might start then for some once to get to college. But if they're into the third year and if they're making money but they're not one of those top guys, I would actually say what you're saying is great and it's right, like you're not an outlier. But I would say this. I would say, if you're not draft eligible, meaning like you haven't separated yourself by your third year, I would say you should want to go for two more years. You should want to maximize all you can because there is a huge gap in between you know, picked your player that's going to be coming back, who just got cut in camp or is trying to get released to go back to play for his fifth year in college football. He's probably gonna make half a million dollars, maybe more depending on the position, depending on the school and how much how much they have left in the budget for him. It could be a million dollars. If that guy was undrafted. He's not making that right, right, So all I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You know, you answered the question then, so it's not even really about you guys. You said, do they have shame to go back?
Speaker 3: No, because there's a there's a business element. But I still would be going back kind of like, hey guys, I'm back again. You know what I was? You know the other takeaway, Let's let's run back again.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know.
Speaker 3: The program they do it, they do a program too, or if it was a program, they're just like all right here again, you know.
Speaker 5: But this also exposes how good the NFL is. It does expose the talents because some of these guys will go back to college and be ballers for their team.
Speaker 3: They'll be bothered it's to college, it's twofold. It does show you how obviously incredible it is to play in the NFL for any period of time. But it also shows you, like, still how good that guy is, Like yeah, he kind of made it for a little bit or was there, but also he's damn good at college football. Like I was just talking to you my sister about something today about you know, just the odds of you know, one of their friends got a women's Division one scholarship you go to play soccer, and it was like, you know how hard that is, you know if you do the stats on it, like she is the three percent of probably America that can go play for a Division I program in a women's soccer program, considering all the competition there is for that, Like, they're they're pretty damn good. And if you're this kid where you even have a chance of getting drafted, or you go and can actually play in a preseason end, be successful, and then you come back down, you're highly coveted. Yeah, you're pretty damn good. Like I think all of it kind of demonstrates how good they are even at each level. But yeah, I mean, obviously the NFL level is the you know, ultimate level you're trying to get to and and play at as long as you can while you can.
Speaker 4: I just I don't know, man, like I would.
Speaker 2: I mean, what's what are we talking about difference wise from you know, these guys going to the NFL, Like a guy like you know, Jack Pieburn who had two sacks in a preseason game and now he's, you know, thinking about going back to college. I mean, what would he be making as a rookie as opposed to what he could get Nioise.
Speaker 3: Rookie minimum is probably what seven hundred thousand if he made the roster, and that wouldn't come out until you know, week one, you know that that week because obviously they'll have cuts after camp and then there's some roster shuffling, and really it's that week one game day roster that solidifies your position. But it could be less than that if he's on the practice squad. And that's what I think some of these guys are worried about. Now, private squad players are allowed to negotiate to be paid like they are on the active roster. You know, that sometimes gets lost in the shuffle where you know, guys will say, well, I'm still getting you know, paid like I am if I was on the active roster even though I'm not. But in his case, you know, he might be a guy who gets a million bucks. I think the question comes down to does he go back to LSU or does he go back somewhere else Because there's also you know, we're talking about this fifth year of eligibility for this class of a high school class of twenty twenty two athletes. But there's also a challenge to the transfer portal window. And there's players now who are challenging and saying, well, now the window has been shortened. That doesn't really fit and it's not fair because of how everything else is operating. I should be able to challenge the idea of a transfer portal window. In general, that's where this thing, the whole thing's going now too. And I think this is all a sign that we haven't needed some sort of federal legislation to calm this whole thing down, because what you're having is individual judges all across the country, you know, setting precedent and kind of baking up basically making the rules as they go. And that's never good for the sport. But unfortunately that's the world we're living in right now. That's crazy, man, I just would you guys have done it? It's just hard to comprehend.
Speaker 4: Alright, let me ask you this. And I and I also, I would have seen it.
Speaker 3: You'd have done all of it, would have done I would have done it.
Speaker 5: He would have done all I would have I mean yeah, I mean imagine my game would have been.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, I get to go back to young kids. I haven't even seen that movie. It's crazy. When you talk to young kids about what they watched, You're like.
Speaker 2: There was a whole lot of low lows or late whatever. What would LA laws and Beverly, there was a lot of LA laws and and.
Speaker 5: And that was what what was what's her name. Man, she's a good looking woman too. What's her name from? He got game from?
Speaker 4: He got game?
Speaker 3: Rosario Dawson.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean I'm a fan. The last night she she wasn't at least I didn't see her in spirit spirit.
Speaker 3: But there were.
Speaker 4: Comps me, hey, man, if you're gonna go fishing, no, man.
Speaker 3: The plastic surgeon, they said, go give me that.
Speaker 2: That was that was last night? Was that was the Serengeti last night.
Speaker 5: That was a national park, a protected you know what, an unprotected national park?
Speaker 3: Last night, don't people? Man, People was getting the hell up out of there.
Speaker 5: Man, you could tell all the dudes that was married that didn't want to be scumbags that cats was pouring up out of there.
Speaker 3: Last night.
Speaker 5: Mintrice was sitting outside just talking and my best friend, my new best friend shown camp.
Speaker 3: We were outside. We were sitting outside on.
Speaker 5: The deck just talking because it was really hot on the inside, and you just saw all these uptop boys coming out shaking their heads like getting.
Speaker 3: In their their way.
Speaker 5: Most which about the way, uh Waimo totally boned us yesterday.
Speaker 2: By the way, we used blame the guy in the Philippines is driving it it was a too I know, we got to get out of here.
Speaker 5: It was a three minute drive back to our hotel turned into a fifteen minute circle by circle by.
Speaker 3: I call called the help desk, and the help.
Speaker 2: That said, joph, Oh, we're sorry, we're dumb.
Speaker 3: We'll we'll give you people in the Philippines who are driving. I love the Philippines. You just attacked the guy. I love the Philippine.
Speaker 2: We will give you a crew. The guy can't watch, he can't drive every weymo. He can only control the ones that are messing up.
Speaker 3: That's what my money back.
Speaker 5: The lady said, I'm sorry, and I understand your frustration, but we're gonna have to send this in an email and you'll get a response in the next week or two.
Speaker 2: Oh you got a waymo female driver really help desk. Oh that's awesome. You know it's not the driver.
Speaker 5: The driver isn't jumping all like, hey, you need me to direct it down the street.
Speaker 2: It's the help does they're American, by the way, that waymo driving English? That WAYMO driver is probably in there looking for ass too.
Speaker 3: That's sill way.
Speaker 5: Moos was getting a whole out of that last night. Let me tell you, hey, come on over here. It was all kinds of way mos parking outside and they wasn't wrong.
Speaker 3: By the way.
Speaker 2: It is two pros and a cup of show filling in for the Dan Patrick Show here.
Speaker 3: Radio. So we are going to have some fun here.
Speaker 2: We've got a little segment we do called in case you missed it, coming up later on this hour. We're also going to have potentially and Albert Breer siding at some point. Potentially we are efforting that as well too. All of it is yours here on this three hour extrafag ends, and we will take you all the way up until noon Eastern time, nine o'clock Pacific. Up next though, a lot of smoke out there about the future of a very good player in the NFL, and apparently it was all bs. Find out who we're talking about right here next on the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 7: This is Rob Parker, and I'm here with an important public service announcement. Whatever you do, do not listen to the Paulie and Tony Fusco show Fox Sports Radio asked me to do a promo, but I'm here to do a no mo, as in, don't listen to this show. No mo, the host of two fools from Philly who have the dumbest takes ever in all of sports talk. And you know, if I'm saying that, they must really be bad. I have no idea why Fox Sports Radio picked this up, but I know where to put it down in the trash can. So please don't listen to the Paulie and Tony Fusco show, No Way, No How.
Speaker 2: Two Pros and a Cup of Joe. Fox Sports Radio thought that was the Narcos theme song for two seconds. The song I thought was just going in on me all all show long today. By the way, I had, that was a great idea. I'll come back with that I had. The Narcos theme is one of my intro songs, you know, ironically, coincidentally, I don't know which one you want to call it, but a former Penn State football player is.
Speaker 5: One of the agents in the in the shows. Yes, really, the black agent. That's all that one.
Speaker 3: That one.
Speaker 5: It was only one. There was only one, all right, Yes, I don't think so. I just think it well, I mean he he he.
Speaker 3: Was former Penn State player and was good one. He played with me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I was older, but yes, yes, that's Horse DoD He was like a guy. I think he's from Connecticut if my recollection serves me correctly. He was one of the top players coming out of high school.
Speaker 4: Where's it not. That's awesome and he lives out here in Cali. Shouts out to my homie man.
Speaker 2: Great show, one of the all time great Netflix shows, Narcos. They was after a pledge of Pledge Pledge, Gabal Pledge Gabar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was after him.
Speaker 5: He was trying to get Pledge Gabar, who knew he was an agent when he was playing like he was, he was undercover.
Speaker 3: He wasn't even there to play football, he was he was a Narco's uh you know, like.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, I'm not trying to just start a fight here. I'm just saying you would never hear these stories at Notre Dame for some reason.
Speaker 4: I don't know why.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that.
Speaker 4: You know, it just seems like the fact.
Speaker 3: You know, back when I was back I think maybe either before I went to Notre Dame or right as I got there. He was a freshman. I'm trying to think when Jeff Smoker was there in Michigan State, there was some there are some allegations there involving the old, the good old powder.
Speaker 5: I mean, hey, I mean, you know, some catch use what's it called to stay awake and stay stay focused adderall. You know, that's I mean, just yeah, anyway, college students try to find ways to be able to stay awake and keep their energy level up. You know, you just hope nobody damage their lives or anything like that while they were going through that learning process.
Speaker 3: You know, some.
Speaker 5: People have gone to pills, some people go to booger sugar. I mean, I'm just saying I send out positive energy and thoughts to all of those impacted by the narcotics that that have been found on campus.
Speaker 4: It'll be okay, you know, just just be better. That's all.
Speaker 3: We all go through life.
Speaker 5: We all go through seasons of life where we try to figure it out and find our way, and you know, you want more energy when you're doing it. You know, the healthy way is to use things like him drive or you know, stuff like that. You know, get coffee, like you said, you know, but some people go a little bit more extreme.
Speaker 2: Hey, uh, to each their own man. But it'll be uh, it'll be.
Speaker 3: A real uh be a real.
Speaker 2: Real different, different situation at Beaver Stadium, much like it's gonna be a different situation when Rory McElroy. Yeah, all right, old uh old Rory mac miss mister pound the table for p G A by the way, want to blow hard Rory McRoy is. I just want to say that all my record, I'm tired of betting on him and him losing every tournament and yet winning the ones that I don't bet on him. That pisses me off. So I got a problem with him. But uh, he's got a problem with live golfers returning to the PGA Tour.
Speaker 4: I don't want them, you know.
Speaker 2: Scott O'Neill, you know who's kind of you know, pushing the the live stuff here, letting everybody know, don't count us out, don't count us out. You've got you know, other players like Scottie Scheffler who are a little bit more supportive. Scottie Scheffler spoke about welcoming back some of the live players to the tour.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen, like when.
Speaker 8: We talk about the best players, you know, lives has a few players that are really good. You know, I think the depth that we have on our tour is a bit unmatched. But I think when you look at the higher levels of live Golf, there's definitely some players that would provide, you know, a lot of value to the tour and guys that I love competing against as well, and so I think going forward there obviously has to be I think some sort of penalties.
Speaker 3: What those are?
Speaker 8: You know, all that roll up and all those guys figured it out. You know, we have great leadership within the tour now, but I think having those guys come back and competing with whatever happens with LIV whether those guys want to leave or I mean, you got to ask them, but I think for me being able to compete against the best players in the world, you know, there's certainly some guys on that tour that can compete out here, and you know, I've I look forward to the chance to compete with them more often.
Speaker 2: So there is a welcoming tone from Scotty Scheffler, and then you've got Rory McElroy who talked about what sort of value these golfers would bring to the PGA tour ry.
Speaker 8: Scotty was asked about the possibility of live guys coming back and whether they bring value in your opinion, are there guys if it goes away that should be allowed back.
Speaker 3: I mean I'd argue, have they brought value to live.
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: I think PJ tour is in a really good spot. He's not wrong. You know, Ultimately they were so successful in driving ratings to the live tour then crowds to live tour. They wouldn't have folded like this that Sadi would have pulled back from funding that league. So there's truth. There's truth to both of it, because I think you see in majors too that there are a handful of players who have been able to compete contend in majors to a degree. But the business model for a live tour, and we have Scott O'Neill's sound on this as well. Yeah, let's take a listen to a wh Why don't we play Scott o'nil. We'll get to it.
Speaker 9: We have work to do, you know, we have things we have to accomplish. There are hurdles we have to jump over. There's it's a very complex transaction. We'll have to deliver, but man, I won't bet against us.
Speaker 4: Hey keep hope alive, baby, and that's not a yeah.
Speaker 3: That's for the Live to I don't know, And I think that's the hard part is you know they could even find a real betting sponsor, right. It makes it tough to bet against them, whether you want to or bet with them. The timing of these matches being in international destinations makes it harder for people not only to watch because it might be on it two am on the East coast or you know, laid on the West coast, but you're not only not getting ratings, you're not not even getting people who are able to live bet on it. So there's a number of things that hurt them. I think the shotgun starts that their format, the way they played that it didn't play to their advantage. There were some things though, that the Live brought the PGA Tour, and that was a renewed sense of hey, there is an idea that someone else can start up a league like this and compete. And you can't say that the Live Tour starting up didn't benefit the PGA Tour, meaning all those players have greater benefits now, the purses, the way they've got about the Championship Series, which we're starting in I believe twenty twenty seven, if I'm not mistaken. So there's a plenty of good that came to the PGA Tour from the competition of the Live Tour. Unfortunately, the Live Tour's model just wasn't sustainable. So you guys, remember you guys, remember when.
Speaker 5: When Quintus said the Maximus Decimus Meridius right before the battle, people should know when they're defeated. You know what that quote was. That was Russell grow saying would you? I would you Quintus? Would I?
Speaker 3: I mean, and they're.
Speaker 5: Defeated, it's over, Johnny, pack it up, beg to get back into the PGA.
Speaker 3: Stop fighting, give up.
Speaker 5: And all these people behind you with weapons they're about to die with you tell them to put the weapons down and say, you know what, we were just playing.
Speaker 3: We were just playing.
Speaker 5: We're coming back, We're coming back over there, which out like we were just playing around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like I don't, like, I get why Rory McRoy wants to be loyal and he and he's loyal to PGA, and I totally get that, and I respect it, that's awesome, But I don't begrudge any of these guys.
Speaker 3: For going to get the money.
Speaker 2: Yeah they got all they got big time call and are got guaranteed money that that they probably weren't going to get.
Speaker 4: On this do.
Speaker 5: I know we don't have a lot of time, but I would pose this to you guys. Don't you have to go a Rory McElroy approach to this and be hardcore on it and iron fist on it and and unforgiving on it so it never happens again. There is a great opportunity to stop people from ever trying to ever do this again and defect.
Speaker 3: I think that's one way of looking at it. I think, look, the people always had an issue with where the money came from and the ties to that money. That was part of the thought to it. There was also a thought of yeah, you know, they're making all this money, at least initially, but if it's just about a money grab, if it's not really about golf, and obviously they weren't even playing as much golf on that tour, and I think you could ask guys who came back like it kind of took away from the competitive spirit of the game because they got their money, so they're good. So now they're just out there kind of playing golf in a much more leisurely way, and it ended up not being as compelling of a product at the end of the day. But to your point, LeVar, like, yeah, I think if you take a strong stance, if you penalize these guys, which I think John Ram's got to pay what twenty five million to come back on the tours what I reportedly saw. I mean, that's a heavy penalty to come back, and it should be because if they got the money and that was all it was about, then all right, like give us some back into into the tour, help prop us back up again. And for all the guys who stayed loyal and the guys who've been grinding it out competing as part of it, you can call them stupid in one way, but you can also look at it and say, like there should be some sort of reward for their loyalty. And I think it's one of the things that Roy's trying to protect in all of this. There's a bunch of guys who've been competing their ass off, who didn't try to go take maybe a guaranteed bigger paycheck on a what if and they're trying to respect those guys as well.
Speaker 5: I think you just got it. You gotta stomp it out. You gotta stomp it out, man, you know Russell Crow said it. I'll stay with Gladiator. When you see the signal, release hall on them. You got to destroy these cats. I mean no coming back. If you leave any there will be eggs, they will hatch, you will have the infestation again. You have to delete it at the route, at the core so it never comes back.
Speaker 2: Do we really want to do anybody want to do a little bit of a look inside? You know where some of the money came from from some of Rory's sponsors as well too. I mean, if we want to play that game, we play that game.
Speaker 3: That's what you do.
Speaker 2: If we want to play that game, we can play that game. And you felt, but that's just what this is, what this is all about.
Speaker 3: Where did it come from?
Speaker 2: Where's the sponsor dollars come from? Tell I'm saying, I don't begrudge anybody for going out, and I understand you feel how you want to feel at all that, but those guys made a personal choice and they wanted to get paid and they were offered a ton of money. And if we're really going to go like, well where did this money come from? If you play that game, you could do that any which way with any golf or any.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's not quite the same though, Like like the PIFF the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia, and it's ties to whether it's human rights groups or the families of nine to eleven, those victims and those ties. That's real, dude, Like you can dismiss it, but in reality, like all that stuff is real, and and you can understand why there's a lot of people who are hurt by it. So you could say it's about money whatever you want, but this definitely hit home to a lot of people who had to suffer through nine to eleven are still suffering to this day.
Speaker 2: No, And and it's I'm not dismissing it at all, and all of that is real. I just think that, you know, it's not so like Rory's standing and preaching and letting everybody know it's not cool, and you know, I'm going to defend the It's.
Speaker 3: Like, man, do you have his list of sponsors?
Speaker 4: Rory's yes, Yeah, he's got a bunch.
Speaker 3: I mean, do you have the list? You said it like, he's like he's the one the same exact thing. Fairly sure.
Speaker 2: Nike's one of his sponsors, So you use Nike as that. No, I'm just saying that's one that I can recall. I see improve.
Speaker 3: Things Taylor made Omega. I'm not sure that you take it's the same category. Yeah, I don't think it is not at all.
Speaker 5: But you're going you go down to human right work, You're going down to human right play.
Speaker 2: A lot of questions gonna be be asked if you wanted to on a lot of safe words, a lot of things.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: By the way, if you've missed any of today's show, you're definitely gonna want to catch the podcast. You search two pros where ever get your podcast right after the show, Today's pot will be posted. Be sure to follow it rate at five stars. You can even provide a review. Again, just search two Pros where ever get your podcast. You find today's full show and the best of version posted right after we get.
Speaker 3: Off the air.
Speaker 2: Up next, is this a contract dispute or something else going on in the NFL?
Speaker 3: That's yours here on The Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 3: How does coat? I'm sorry? I got carried away? What came over me?
Speaker 2: We always say this, man, every time we do this show, We're never going to be invited back. We were on the air when OJ died on this show and some whol again behind the scenes played a fart sound effect that was so gross, literally shut the show down, and I think Brady thought it was real.
Speaker 3: He thought it was real.
Speaker 5: That was the worst fart sound I have ever heard in my entire existence.
Speaker 3: I still contend to this day it was. I mean, also, that was when Lee was here, and based on Lee's diet and all the issues she's got, like that very well could have been real.
Speaker 5: That is true now, that all put together is very true. O. J.
Speaker 2: Simpson dies and Lee turns the mic on and cuts a fart that sounds like a big rig.
Speaker 3: You've got to try that. That was not Lee.
Speaker 2: Everybody else almost was that that Like ninety two percent sure that that was a drop in the system.
Speaker 5: It was, but somebody was on the board that did it. I want to say, all.
Speaker 3: Is it, Joel. The tough part about that is that is a tough way to go. I mean someone's sending you off with a fart sound. I mean of that magnitude. Though it was not like a bomb it was it wasn't like that. Some people get taps some people.
Speaker 5: But it doesn't even matter if it's still in the system because the first time, that's it. O.
Speaker 3: That's it. So between that, oh.
Speaker 2: That's it, you know, the one and the narcotics references, I'm just not sure that that we're going to be invited back here anytime soon.
Speaker 5: When that joint hits you for the first time, though, it just it is the most revolted feeling I had.
Speaker 3: It cut me off parts.
Speaker 2: My brother told me he was listening to the show. He was walking through Costco and said he was listening to the show and he had to go to the side because he was laughing so hard and his ear pods in and people thought he was like, what are you laughing at?
Speaker 3: And this is a deeper story though, because as you know, Lee used to gas everyone else like he used to He used to get Jonas used to get LeVar Lorraine, like he would just absolutely unleash on everyone. So there was a solid chance it was him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like that's why I said ninety two percent sure there there was that that eight percent floating out there that that it was a legitimate one, uh right after oj pass so, which is terrible. By the way, you can uh we check us out on YouTube. I just want to point that out to everybody. You can search two pros FSR within YouTube again, that's two pros f SR.
Speaker 3: Hit the subscribe button.
Speaker 2: After you've done that the thumbs up icon, and comment away whether you agree or disagree. Let us know what you think. Again, just search two pros FSR and YouTube band subscribe. By the way, coming up here in about twenty minutes from now, we do have more details on a story in the world of football and beyond that we have been tracking all morning long. More details on that, so that'll be yours here about twenty minutes from now. Von Miller is now a Dallas Cowboy. Seems like he's been in the NFL. That was John Elways first pick right as GM of the Broncos.
Speaker 4: I think it was just that, is correct.
Speaker 3: I was just talking with him or excuse me to one of his old linebacker coaches, and I was just saying to him. When von first came in, he was that rookie that ran every single walk through, was running a full speed, and it used to make the lineman so mad, and they used to get in fights about it because he would just try to fly like into the backfield. And so obviously if he's playing that fast and the left tackle starts playing that fast and another guys start getting all amped up by it. So it was interesting to watch him because he never really changed. He just he stayed that way, and he was from day one like the type of guy that just grinded, worked hard, and like was playing at his speed and everyone else had to kind of catch up. I mean, he's got he's gonna be a Hall of Famer. He's got all the awards you could want, got all the money you could want. I think he's I think he raises chickens as well too.
Speaker 4: I think he's got like a.
Speaker 5: Chicken Texas he distributes them. Yeah, And so he was running into like chicken shortages. Man, I had your chicken, Yeah, chickens too. How can you have Kentucky fried chicken in Pittsburgh. I just don't understand it. How can you have a chain of Kentucky Fried Chickens or Louisiana Chicken and other places outside of Louisiana. It's just how is it Louisiana Chicken?
Speaker 3: I've never had pop Eyes ever?
Speaker 5: Going down? I don't know why, but bag coming up? Oh it's so good going down though?
Speaker 3: Is that just the Louisiana seasoning? Is that what it is? It might be.
Speaker 5: It might be you could get yourself uh you know, you could take a laxative, or you could eat something that has the type of seasoning that will act as one. I'd rather enjoyed the laxative that I'm jumping in on. So I eat certain foods, and those certain foods clean you out spicy food to do it?
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean maybe that's why you didn't like the Mexican food in Chicago. Maybe it wasn't spicy enough. Oh no, some other reasons. Yeah, tell us what what? I'll tell you a break? Oh no, oh no, you know?
Speaker 3: Okay? Now? Von Miller multiple time super Bowl winner. Don't you forget? I won't.
Speaker 4: Okay, I will not.
Speaker 3: You'll never forget. I will not.
Speaker 4: Put it this way the iron cheek would have some thoughts.
Speaker 3: Oh no, so methods forty Savon Miller is now.
Speaker 2: I remember the Dallas Cowboys being close to those chicken farms that he's got going on there, and he talked about what winning a super Bowl in Dallas would look like and how it would be different than the previous two he's won.
Speaker 10: The answers itself. You know, it's a Dallas Cowboys. I wanted super Bowl in Denver. We had a million people out there. We went a super Bowl with the Rams. It wasn't as much, you know, it was the parade. We were stopping their red lights and stuff. You know, it's just a we still want a super Bowl and it's still exciting, it's still dope, but it's just a different feel with those two organizations. If you know, I was with the Buffalo Bills and we ended up winning Super Bowl, it would be a holiday in Orchard Parker to be a holiday in Buffalo, Like everybody remembered.
Speaker 3: That had to be statues for everybody.
Speaker 10: That's just the type of organization that they have, the type of fans that they have. Dallas Cowboys fans are in that same type of strang They're not the same Bill Mafia, Cowboys, nags, totally different things.
Speaker 3: That's not what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: But the fans here are Dahara fans, and if we're able to do that, if we're able to have a successful season and win the Super Bowl, like, it'd be a holiday in Dallas. As will like, people love the Dallas Cowboys, they love them and hate them, but at the end of the day, they all root for the Dallas Cowboys, and for us to be able to win a Super Bowl, it'd be crazy in Dallas.
Speaker 3: It'd be a holiday as well.
Speaker 2: When the Knicks won the title, their fan base was obnoxious. I think that would pale in comparison times ten million by what the Dallas Cowboy fan base would be like for.
Speaker 3: I hope they annoy the crap out of you, Jonas, just like the Knicks fan, just like the next Knicks fans annoyed me. That that bother good? Yeah good, I'm glad. And that's because you're a Celtics fan. That's not to do with it. That has a little bit to do with it.
Speaker 2: No little, it does, not a little bit, not at all, A little bit, not at all, doesn't.
Speaker 3: It doesn't bother me at all, Not at all.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's the whole all of a sudden, you know, that the crying, that the carrying on. It's like every celebrity forever, okay, but like every celebrity's got to sit on the sideline and Timothy Shallow maze at you know, Karl Anthony Town's wedding. It's what are we doing here? Like like, like what's happening? Like I'm pretty sure Carrot Tops a Raiders fan. If they win a Super Bowls, he's going to be, you know, partying at somebody's wedding afterwards.
Speaker 4: Like what are we talking?
Speaker 3: I'm sure car has used some cocaine before. Oh, come on, that's in great shape. What I mean now you keep going back to it. We were trying to get away from me yesterday. Now you keep going back. What are we trying to get away from it? I mean you got mad because I entered the show bringing it up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just but I was joking. I wasn't mad. This doesn't one to be mad at. I'm just you know, I can't even say I'm disappointed. I'm just like just blowing away that. And then then when I saw the faces of the kids speaking.
Speaker 3: Of on the way and remember some cowboy. It was good, It was good. It was very quick. It was quick. You collided with the White House and Penn State. What's better the White House or the white out? You tell me?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I heard some dudes on on their podcasts saying that the dudes look like Penn State dutes are a bunch of your bronies. We got the whole world talking about us right now. Yeah, wait till you see the details like that for you coming up? Oh no, oh yeah, all right, it gets even better. Fifty put a post out on us. People are paying attention to Penn State like football season might be turned up. They they think that Penn State is the camp is to go to.
Speaker 5: Now people act like they don't like, uh, they don't like controversy. But I tell you what, this will right here is hitting a little different. You got to lean into it, I mean.
Speaker 3: All the way.
Speaker 2: So look, we're out here in LA and when the Rams won the Super Bowl, I can assure you the.
Speaker 3: Big nobody cared.
Speaker 2: And anybody listening on the Blowtorch and five seventy LA Sports, you know that's a fact. Nobody cared, cared at all. They did not care whatsoever. Yeah, there was a politician given a speech. He was wearing a Saint Louis Rams jersey on stage. Right before, you know, some woman holding the camera, you know, took a fall.
Speaker 3: It's just a very far like so like.
Speaker 2: But but like the Denver Super Bowl, Like Denver, that's always been a great fan base, but it doesn't have the national reach that the Cowboys do. And say whatever you want about Jerry Jones, but I think he's largely responsible for And I also think if the Cowboys were to win a Super Bowl, the first person anybody's gonna think of is Jerry Jones. Like, I think he is the biggest star of the Cowboys, Not Dak Prescott, not anybody Ceede Lamb, nobody else, at George Pickens. I think Jerry Jones is the biggest star of the Cowboys, and he's going to be the one that people are going to be discussing this with his legacy afterwards, you know.
Speaker 3: Just thinking there probably would have been such a big celebration in Saint Louis for the Rams had they won there. I mean obviously that had the greatest Shawan turf, so they experienced that. But and I can't quite recall what those parades looked like. But think about this. I mean the UFL, the Sales Battle Hacks Hawks have by far and away the best attendants, Like it's not even close by the way. I think they average over like twenty three thousand people for UFL games. I mean, that's their desire for football. Can you imagine if they had I don't think there's twenty three thousand people at the parade for the Rams. All I know is that that man's hit they were stop.
Speaker 2: And that's the light store in the parade Los Angeles. That might be some of the highest level of shade. Just don't ever put your Super Bowl ring off from the Los Angeles rate rail like that. That might that's a shade grenade on high level shay grenade is Maybe that's why Aaron Donna wants to come back, because it's kind of like the lebron LA Championship where he's got a half ring and the like it's tied together with part of an N ninety five.
Speaker 3: Maybe Vaughn's like, if I get two that I'll kind of just one. That's when I want it now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the bum Now they didn't win to Durank COVID.
Speaker 3: No, the Rams Rams won the year after. It was the twenty twenty one season. Yeah. Year before, yeah it was the Bucks. Yeah, but there was fans there for the for the Buck super Bowl looked a little of course, it was in Florida there, it was.
Speaker 2: It looked a little different by the way, to your point, the BattleHawks this past season averaged about twenty two thousand, eight hundred through their home games, and later season games were drawing crowds around eighteen to five. But they once drew forty thousand fans back in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: I mean, in a seriousness like that, that city that held the Saint Lunatics might come back out and start playing. You know, they might revivalize their career after that.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, that's that's a place you could see and I wonder if they would do because there was some people in Saint Louis were not happy with the fact that they that they body sued.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got paid off, they got paid off that, but it's like they don't get the share in the you know, the success of the team now, which stinks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but didn't you say that they were like what was near by was it like a toxic way station or something.
Speaker 3: But that was that when we practiced. That was out near like earth City, I think it was earth City, Missouri or something like that, and there was a there's like a dump or a processing plant. So yeah, if you were if we were downwind of that at times and it's stunk, did not smell good.
Speaker 2: So Saint Louis, that could be a team that gets an NFL team someday. Roger Goodell's talking about going international in all these spots. But you got Saint Louis sitting there drawing twenty twenty five grand for you know, an arena game basically, and they've got you know, they've got NFL teams that are you know, they're trying to talk about put it setting up teams. He told somebody, I think in Germany it's only a matter of time that we've got teams based in Europe. And like, dude, you got other markets that that could make this work. Why not go to those places? But apparently that's not not in the cars for Roger Goodell. Apparently thinks he can grow the game more in Hamburg than he can in Saint Louis. So but if you're if you're Von Miller, look the other thing about him. So he goes to Washington last year, and basically he had two choices. He could have done Seattle or he could have done Washington, and he chose Washington. Clearly didn't work out from a playoff run standpoint, he would have been part of a Super Bowl champion if he was in Seattle. But even last year nine sacks still productive, like multiple knee injuries, multiple surgeries, He's got close to one hundred and forty sacks in his career, like first ballot Hall of Famer when it's all said and done, and still producing at a high level. So you know, maybe, yeah, you don't have Micah Parsons on the edge, but you've got a bunch of different players that are going to be able to produce to kind of make it any different.
Speaker 5: They have a ton of talent, and listen, von Miller, this is all seriousness. Von Miller, even at the age that he's at, is still and we mentioned the fact that he was at nine nine sacks last year, He's still one of the more effective, impressive pass rushers in the league. Just because of his as Michael Parsons would say, just because of his IQ and understanding of the what, why and how he does what he does. But Rashaun Gary, I've been saying this for years, Rashaun Gary is a grossly under underrated, undervalued football player. His offseason workouts are phenomenal. His his attention to detail, to building building fundamental skills, footwork, handwork, pad level movement, all those things is phenomenal. The young man is He's as impressive a defensive football player on that edge as it gets. And and so they have and again we talk about Clark and Quinton Quinn Quinnon being in in the middle. It's just going to be a hall time for any offensive line. I don't care what team they play against. I don't care if it's Philly, don't I don't care.
Speaker 3: If it's.
Speaker 5: A pineas Seul in Detroit. I don't care what offensive line they go up against. You're not going to have the ability to double team all those guys. There's gonna be space eating taking place. There's gonna be one on ones for the outside guys. They're gonna bring those guys in. They're gonna run those NASCAR sets where they have three or four pass rushers on the field all at one time, and you don't know where they're going to be when the ball is snapped. It's gonna take place, It's gonna happen. I'm I'm looking at this Dallas team and I'm telling you there could be carnage you see taking place with the type of defense if they run the scheme the right way. I just think that they're gonna be pretty impressive this year, at least at the table is set for that to be what happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the question wasn't on offense. They've seemingly got it all figured out.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: We just we'll see whether or not the defense holds up their end of the bargain. And next thing you know, we're looking at potentially Von Miller winning a third Super Bowl with Jerry's Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: I won't make some glory, hi, Hey, I mean we gotta win some games first. That's not you know, can't get right to dessert for God's sakes. You know, you got put the car before the horse.
Speaker 2: But but hey, if we do get to that point, that always is an option on the menu. It is The Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. LaVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas knocks with you in for Dan and the guys.
Speaker 3: Coming up Mexo.
Speaker 2: We've got more on a story we've been monitoring in the world of football all morning long, and it's
Speaker 3: Yours right here on The Dan Patrick Show.