Speaker 1: It is Thursday, November sixteenth. This is Jaguars Happy Hour. Jaguars Happy Hour is presented by the Saint John's River Water Management District and now Oyster Stuffing's worst nightmare, Jay p Chack, you know.
Speaker 2: What it is gonna be a big week and welcome in. It is Jaguars Happy Hour and a big two hours ahead here on Jaguars Happy Hour and the Doug Peterson Show. Week eleven. Coming up the Tennessee Titans and the Jacksonville Jaguars at EverBank Stadium this Sunday. The Jags moving past the blowout lost to the forty nine Ers this past Sunday. Back to back division games coming up and then three straight in the AFC North. So we have a pretty good idea in early December where this team stands. The Doug Peterson Show at five o'clock on the Jaguars Radio Network, we'll hear from the Jaguars head coach in Udo and Jaguars Happy Hour is brought to you by the Saint Johns River Water Management District, Florida's water It's worth saving on ten to XL ninety two point five FM, Jaguars dot Com, Jaguars YouTube JP Shadwick with Jeff Logoman. Good afternoon, Good afternoon, JP. How are you? That's so funny to that I just did the energy? I liked it. Well, I mean it's saving saving the water, and I like the energy that you announced my name with. That's it's good. Well, whatever I can do to help the that's the first time you put that same amount of energy that you do with the sponsor into my name. I liked it. We got two hours of this. Get ready, it's only just begun. Good. Are you past the blowout loss to the forty nine ers? No? No, you're not. No is this team?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Look when you when you lose by thirty one, And what a great opportunity to show kind of on a national stage what your team is about. And it's at home where you haven't played particularly well. That stings. And I think that a game like that, I think if you're a player, and I'm not a player anymore, but I mean that lingers, and it's not going to go away until you have something positive to replace that feeling with. And hopefully that positive feeling is a big win against Tennessee, a division opponent against home who has been your division rival for many years, Jaguars, at least during the Doug Peterson era, have fared well the game after blowout losses. So in games following a ten plus point loss since Doug Peterson's been the head coach here, the Jags are three to zero in the next game, and they've averaged twenty nine points per game. So their bounce back ability is there. A lot of that has to do with quarterback play in those bounds, a lot a lot. And the game that really stands out in my mind if you go back to last year, the game at Detroit and you got your rear end kicked, okay, then the next week you go to Nashville to face these same Titans, and I thought Trevor Lawrence in that game arguably had his best game of the year besides the comeback in the playoff in the second half, which was just, you know, otherworldly, But that game against Tennessee, he was on the money. His decision making was fantastic, he was competitive, he had his eyes down the field the entire time. At the end of the game, there was that little kind of a scuffle I think at the end of that ballgame and Trevor's pointing up at the scoreboard to the Titan defenders. That's the kind of Trevor Lawrence that I want to see this week, and that's the kind of Trevor Lawrence that I want to see the remainder of this year. He's got to raise his level of play because what we saw against the forty nine ers, that's not good Trevor. Okay, you want to see good Trevor. That wasn't good Trevor against the forty nine ers. And he said it, it's one of the worst games in his career last week, and I don't think many would argue with that. He was the first to say it, referencing that game in Tennessee last year. It was three hundred and sixty eight yards through the air, three touchdowns, thirty to forty two passing, and Evan Ingram was the major target that day. Yeah, and I don't think the stats really, I mean, because there's a there's a feel from watching that game and I remember it happening live, and just the decision making was impeccable, and it was quick, and it was the right decision and he ran a little bit. I mean, there was a lot of things in that ball game that you really liked about his performance specifically, and that's the kind of performance that he needs to find again. You know, look, right now, this offense is not playing well, playing simple. This offense is not playing well. This pass game. Trevor didn't play well, but it wasn't all Trevor. The offensive line didn't play well. They didn't have a running game to lean on to take a little bit of pressure off, and they were behind they had to abandon it in the second half. The defense did not give the offense extra opportunities like they had been doing. Special teams was not very good either. Okay. I know Doug Peterson talked this week or after the game said that special teams was okay, and I disagree with that. You know, you had the first punt of the game was a low liner by Logan Cook, which was like a forty one yard punt, and then again an eight yard return. That's a thirty three yard net. That's not good enough. Now, that's not what you want your punter to do, a Pro Bowl level punter. And then you get the injury to agnew Christian Kirk is out there and all of a sudden, the ball lands and rolls down to the one that's got to be fielded by Christian in that situation, I think the ball bounced around the I think in the teams right, the lower team somewhere on the field position. If you make that catch, then all of a sudden you don't get backed up at the one. Now, they ended up coming out and getting a field goal drive, the only scoring drive of the game. But still got to be better than that. So moving ahead, and you know, we'll hear from Doug Peterson coming up, as we said in the Doug Peterson Show five o'clock, we'll ask him this, But how do you approach it with the team? I mean, I'm sure he in that first meeting on Monday pretty much told it like it was. Is my guest knowing Doug Peterson, Well, there's another way to tell it. I mean, you know, you gotta the facts are the facts, and there's you know, some may think, okay, well, just you know, burn the tape and forget about it and move forward. No, No, there's you've got to learn from those stakes. And part of the mistakes, the big mistakes that the Jaguars have been making offensively has been the giveaways. And and it's it's not easy to fix that, okay, because you know, you as a defense you preach and preach and preach and preach takeaways, ball awareness, where's it at, Punch it out, okay, pressure the quarterback, get him to make an errant throw. Come in with the strike. First guy in wrap, second guy in punch. I mean, there's all those emphasis that you can have on defense and offensively. You probably do drills in practice. In fact, we watch practic just today and they do a drill there where they all of the people that are skill position players go through the uh I guess you could say kind of like the gauntlet. They've got to go through bags and they got people gladiators. Yeah, it's all kinds of things where they trying to knock the ball out because that's been one of the biggest problems. They have eleven fumbles loss this year, and then Trevor I think is responsible for about ten of the However, many said, well he's got the interceptions, obviously fumbles and then for fumbles, so he's got ten of the seventeen giveaways on offense, he's got to be better too, you know. So that's a that's definitely got to be an emphasis. I think for Doug Peterson and his offensive staff. That's one side of the ball. Jags fans want customized Jaguars furniture for your home. Checkout zipchaer dot com and browse all customizable options zip Chair furniture for fans. This is Jaguars Happy Hour on ten to XL ninety two point five FM. JP, Shadrick, Jeff Logoman. Jaguars defense last week, Yeah, Christian McCaffrey was all over the place for San Francisco. Different style this week, and we'll dig deeper into what the Titans have to offer but in just a little bit. But defensively, how are you feeling about them moving forward from last week? And didn't take the ball away last Look, they weren't very good either, you know, I know that. I mean the offense wasn't good. The defense gave a season high I think four hundred and thirty seven yards. They didn't get a takeaway. The entire offensive system with the forty nine ers, you knew exactly what it was based upon. It was based upon a lot of shifts in movement and then they've run the ball and then everything is set up off of establishing the run. So you wanted the Jaguars to establish their bully ball style of defense stop the run, and Christian McCaffrey and his mates ended up averaging five and a half yards of carry. That's not good enough. That's not bullyball. That's not the way the Jaguars play successful defense. And so that was disappointing. And then he had a couple instances where the ball is in the air and you can make a play on it. One of them where Bert Purdy the first drive, throws it back across the field and you've got two guys that are in the neighborhood and they don't make a play. I give a lot of credit on that one to a Uke because he gave a just a little subtle nudge to Tyson Campbell, who by the way, did not play that well. Obviously the hamstring was still a problem because he ended up leaving the game later in the game. But on that play gives them just a little nudge down low where the officials don't typically call the push, which was very smart by you, just like George Kittle on the long pass where he got Devin Lloyd a little subtle kind of push that is enough that gave him an edge but not enough to draw the yellow flag and give credit to the forty nine er if they came out ready to play. I think the Jaguars came out and maybe they were ready to play, but their performance was flat coming out. And that's the only thing that matters, because a lot of people say, wow, they weren't ready to play out of maybe they were ready to play, and maybe the performance just didn't give them any kind of positive energy in the ball game, and then it just kind of snowballed in a negative way, you know. But the bottom line is is that the performance wasn't where it needed to be early in that ball game, and then the forty nine ers controlled the tempo throughout. It was a blowout. Yeah, seven offensive plays total combined between the teams. It's seven nothing forty nine ers. Three and out for the Jags, and then a four play touchdown drive and the same thing again three and out and then a field goal drive and it's ten to nothing at the bat of an eye, and it's an up. He'll climb all day long. Well, and the defense gave up quite a bit of explosive plays. Brock Purdy was in rhythm no. That one that won the Kittle though, I mean Treyvon Walker's right there in his face, he had a hand on him, and he still completes it very last second. Well, and it's it's ill closed, it's man coverage cover one, and then you have a safety and I believe it was Cisco that up on a route. So look, if if the completion happens to Kittle on typically on man covered single high safety, that there's a safety that stays back deep. And the reason he stays back deep is to try to prevent a house call play. Okay, so if you got Cisco go back there, maybe he can come over, make a tackle and then line up and play some more downs, maybe hold him new field goal. And there was no help and Devin Lloyd ends up stumbling. And George Kittle amazing player, really good football player. I think one of the best two tight ends in the National Football League. George Kittle and Kelsey the best. Okay, So when you're dealing with the best, you got to be at your best. And Devin Lloyd, he he got devon on that one. Certainly did. Good players, I mean good players make you know, yeah, it's a good team. Good team, you know, in their offense their entire offensive success and team successes based off of them establishing Christian McCaffrey, and they were able to do that, and the Jaguars were off balance in its entirety. The first drive McCaffrey had ended up coming out play action and then had a couple handoffs to McCaffrey and then all of a sudden, they hit that play to George Kittle. Okay, that was down the Jaguars sideline where he was all alone. Jaguars shifted on a motion, kind of got caught out flanked, and Kittle's out there waving his arms, going to throw it to me. I'm wide open. Then Purty just lost it over there and he's uncontested with the catch and then down the sideline for ten yards before there's even a Jaguar defender in the area. The Jaguars Titans matchup this week is delivered by CSX. How Tomorrow moves and when we come back, we will figure out a tackling plan for Derrick Henry and I say we you will figure out a tackling plan. That's not an easy plan to figure They've had plenty of chances to try over the years. Even last year he and he still is the King. Seems like it he is still the King. We'll get into it when we return on ten ten XL ninety two point five FM. Jaguars Happy Hour brought to you by the Saint John's River Water Management District, Florida's Water. It's worth Saving. Welcome back. It is Jaguars Happy Hour on this Thursday, week eleven. Coming up. Jaguars Happy Hour brought to you by the Saint John's River Water Management District, Florida's Water. It's worth Saving, JP Shadrick and the Jaguars first ever free agent signing, Jeff Lagoman. Is that right? That's true? Right? No, no, no, they had was trying to build up your intro. No, I appreciate, appreciate the attempt. But they actually had the original ten, which signed essentially at the very beginning of that countar to year ninety five, and there were ten guys that essentially we were didn't have a job in the regular season of nineteen ninety four, and so they were called the original ten. But you were the first of I was one of the first free agents that shied that big wave. But yeah, but the original ten, Greg Huntington's guy, that's still here in town. That was part of the original ten that stuck on the roster. You know, we called him the Mangler. He was a part of that. You know, saw a bunch of those guys this past weekend there, Jason, I'm trying to remember Jason's last name, defensive end that ended up making the roster. So a couple of those guys ended up making the active roster that were a member or a part of that original ten. I'm going to keep trying throughout the next two hours to build up an intro for you each and every se right, great, I appreciate if I run across one that you like her. Well, that's accurate, accurate, somewhat helpful, not necessary such. Okay, look, I'll you can sugarcoat a few things. I'm okay with that. Bellis a little bit okay. We're on ten ten XCEL ninety two point five FM, Jaguars dot Com and Jaguars YouTube on Jaguars Happy Hour, and the Jags get the Tennessee Titans. Of course, the Jags swept the Titans last year up in Nashville and then here in week eighteen to wrap up the AFC South title. Derrick Henry is still on the football team, of course, and still putting up numbers. Maybe not the astronomical, big time rushing leading the league numbers, but he's right there near the top. In fact, he's not far off. He's second in rushing yards, he's fourth in attempts, and you know what he's going to be. You know what this game is going to be. When Derrick Henry lines up with his hands on his knees behind the quarterback, it's a physical style and you better hit him early and often. Yeah, it's a little different this year with the Tennessee Titan because in years passed, it's been so reliant on him, Derrick Henry, and this year it's a little bit different. Offensive coordinator Tim Kelly, it almost seems like they have a little bit of an identity crisis, okay, where they're not sure do we fully commit to being a run first offense or do we run that college you know, read option kind of stuff that we can do. And so Derek Henry's carries are a little bit down off of the norm. Okay, he actually has less carries than ETN by twelve, which is surprising because you know, look, Derek Henry's been a workhorse forever, but he's still effective and he comes out of the ballgame. They have a draft pick that was drafted out of tu Lane, a third round pick, Taj Spears, who plays a lot, and he also is taking some of those carries away from Derek Henry. He has forty four but Derrick Henry. If with a rookie quarterback, could you ever have a better running back situation than having Derrick Henry in the backfield? Yes? Solid. I mean it's just you know, he's going to take a lot of pressure off if the game stayed close, and if they can get Derrick Henry Rowling, I'm sure that they will stick with that plan. And with Will Levis, who is their second round pick, first pick of the second round this past spring, the rookie quarterback out of Kentucky, who many people thought was going to be a first round pick. He will be getting his fourth start. I guess they've committed to him. I can't imagine that Ryan Tannehill's very happy right now. Rumor is that he might have requested a trade. I don't know if that's true or not. Late now, I mean, guess what so, I mean, you drafted the guy that high for a reason. It's not like they, yeah, he's gonna get out playing well. Tanny Hill had an ankle injury and that took him out of the lineup. That gave the Titans the opportunity to get the rookie in there, and he ended up starting. I think his first game was against the Atlanta Falcons and then fortun Yeah, and he had a great game and he found DeAndre Hopkins and he was really good that game. And the last two games haven't gone so well for him. So this is a I think a great opportunity for the Jaguars to get right because the Tennessee Titans last year had by far the worst offensive line in football, which is amazing that Derek Henry still had the year that he did last year with behind that offensive line. This year, they've addressed the offensive line a little bit. It's not as bad, but it's still not great. Who on the defensive side for the Jaguars needs to step out and have a big game, a big standout performance. I know everybody does as a whole, but give me one guy you think should or could stand out. Okay, when you think of bully ball, the style of defense that the Jaguars play. What's one of the first big guy that you think about on the Jaguars front. I'm thinking the big, nasty, ugly guys in the middle right of the offensive line, Big Roy Robertson Harrison. Okay, what's he got on his chest? A c captain. So when you're a captain, okay, and you've fell in or have fallen off one week of your bullyball game, you need to get back to that bully ball and establish that again. And the captain needs to be at the forefront of that. I think Big Roy's got to have a dominant game. You got a first round pick in Scorronsky out of Northwestern, who's the starting left guard of the Tennessee Titans, who they thought or they believe he can be there. Quenton Nelson. Okay, he's not playing like Quenton Nelson did when he was a rookie. The other guard on the other side is kind of to be determined because they're probably gonna end up moving the starting or the starting guard from last week, which was Dylan Raidn's. They're gonna move him. The left tackle. Could they get Daniel Brunskill, who they signed in free agency from the forty nine ers back in the starting lineup because he was inactive with an injury. If they do, then Big Roy and his merry men need to whoop them in the center. Okay. I love him because he's like a little bulldog. And when I mean little, I mean little. Okay. This is an undrafted guy who last the last couple of years for the Titans, played intermittently and was mostly at guard. They taught him how to snap. Now he's at center, probably the best position just because of his size. His name is Aaron Brewer. Aaron Brewer from Texas State six one, two ninety five. Oh wow, fireplug, total fireplug. Wow. And I think two ninety five might be a little bit inflate. Probably. Yes. Have you ever seen many six to one to two ninety five guys walking around? Yeah? That often? Okay, they're pretty thick, right if they were six one and two ninety five. He's not that thick. I don't think he's two ninety five. I think he might be two seventy five for real. I mean, I think that's what you you remember back when you were playing little league football or or high school and you get ready to play list. This is my day get ready to play an opponent, and you go and you want to look at the heights and the weights of all the kids that you're getting ready to face. And of course you would embellish it. Every every little league at high school embellish height and wait unless you had some kind of weight restriction based on positions. Well, the colleges do it too, by the way, of course, you don't get the real until they show it to the Senior Bowl. If the turn brewer weighs two ninety five, I'll buy him a I'll buy him a steak dinner, and he might get there if you keep buying them steak dinners. It's ten to xcel ninety two point five FM. Jaguars Happy Hour, JP Shadwick and Jeff Logoman. Hey, the other side of the ball, Jaguars offense. There's been a lot of talk this week about the horizontal nature of the Jaguars attack and Doug peterson't even talked about it. Yeah, maybe we should. We need to push it down the field a little more at times, make those throws do some things. Are there opportunities against this Titans defense to do that? Yes, but you got to block folks up front first. Okay, the Titans back in and is not as good as it used to be in my opinion, got weakend this year because you traded away a two time All Pro guy and Kevin Byrd, who really good football player. They tried to get him to take a pay cut going into the year and he of course said no, and so they keep him on the roster. They traded him to the Philadelphia Eagles ended up picking up the safety Terrell Edmunds, who was a Hoky by the way, Virginia Tech guy, speaking of upgrades of all upgrades from the Titans to the Eagles. For oh, I mean good for him, Good for him. Kevin Byr is a good football player and he's been a really good football player for the Tennessee Titan for a long time. Got a reach tavoc on Blake Bortles a few times and a run of interceptions in his career. So they ship him off and get Arrell Edmunds and then get a couple late round picks for him next spring, which you know, okay, I get it. You're trying to rebuild a roster that has a lot of holes. Okay, So Ran Carthon, who is the new general manager of the Tennessee Titans. Probably could have gotten a little bit more, I think, but but nonetheless he worked that deal. So they're they're not as good in the back end. The linebackers are not as good as last year. The guys up front, I think are just as good, if not better. And that's a pretty good front. Jeffrey Simmons being the best guy. He's leading the way. I'm a big fan of Denico Autree. He's still getting numbers. He's a he's been as He's had a great career. I mean, you're talking about a ten year guy looking at his numbers. Fifty three and a half career sacks. I mean that's a that's a great pro career still in year ten. I mean, so he's got more than he can add to that tier. Tart, the big nose tackle slash defensive lineman, a good player. Pico is a good football player, Kyle Pico. Who did he play for before? I'm trying to remember. He got the big hair going out the back of the helmet. Good player, I mean, big, strong players. So they're good upfront. Harold Landry, who has been a very good edge rusher. You also have the guy who re established the culture in Jacksonville. Arden Key, I say that tongue in cheek, of course that he would tell you that he was the one who was responsible for establishing the Jaguars culture. But I mean they're good upfront. And here's the thing. JP Jaguars offensive line did not play well last week. No, they did not and did not play well against a really good front. That happens sometimes this Titans team. There's not a Nick Bosa, There's not a Chase Young. Ok they got an Eric Armstead because Jeffrey Simmons could be that. Okay, who's the other defensive tackle that that wore out? Walker little Johnald Blank. I got it right here because Javon Hargray. John Hargrey, good football player, big strong dude. So the Jaguars struggle with those five guys. Ken Law I put in there in the mix as well, because they went five down on the first play and looked like the Jaguars like, oh my god, there's five down. Wait a minute. This wasn't on tamed. It didn't look good. That's what I think Trevor talked in the game. You see, you know, they came out with some unscripted looks. That was the five down look right out of the gate. Out of the gate first send a message, But here we come. We're gonna line up five down and you can block us. Good luck, because we're coming. We're gonna play a little bit depleted coverage. So the quarterback's gotta have patience, he's got to keep his eyes down the field. Offensive line has to be good, and none of that happened. Plenty more ahead on this match up the Jaguars and the Tennessee Titans. P Rright Productions, the official event production company of the Jags, has everything you need to bring your next idea to life. Visit Alright Productions dot com. Kai Stevens joins us in studio Jaguars Reporter. We'll discuss her off the field conversation today and Jaguars All Access Television Tonight. It's Jaguars Happy Hour, brought to you by the Saint John's River Water Management District, Florida's Water It's worth saving. Welcome back, Jaguars Happy Hour, brought to you by the Saint John's River Water Management District, Florida's Water. It's worth Saving. JP Shadwick with the best deer hunter this side of Fargo, Jeff logo it. We're doing different intros for Jeff each segment tonight. Kay Stevens is with us now, Hi, thank you. If you're thinking one for Jeff, let me know. We can get it later. We're working on it. I'm going to go for three right now. Fargo, North Dakota or Fargo, George. That's a big difference, right, big difference, big difference. I'll let you decide. Hi, Kai. Here the Jaguars still in first place, six and three, first place in the Division three seed in the AFC. Outside the building, the sky is falling after last week's performance. Inside it feels like, yeah, they're embarrassed, but they're moving forward here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the dreary weather has us kind of with a dreary attitude for a little while, but definitely in the building they've turned the page. Of course, it's this is a huge game this week and next week in Houston. So that's definitely got you quickly refocused because if we don't, the things are going to spiral very quickly from here. Plus the Titans, I mean, you always get up for those games.
Speaker 2: You're better, Logs, Oh, it's Tennessee. Look, the reality is is that even though we look at the Titans right now it's kind of a team in rebuilding mode and that this is a winnable game, because I think most people are of the opinion of that because of you know, you look at the Titans record, you look at they have a rookie quarterback. You look at they got a new general manager, they're rebuilding their roster, they traded away Kevin Byer. It's still the Tennessee Titans. Okay, it's still a division opponent, and that may makes me nervous because it's the Titans. Okay, and last year, okay, the last game of the year. What did we think about the last regular season game of the year. There's no way that we can lose that game, right, quarterback just brought.
Speaker 3: In no so many injuries.
Speaker 2: See Kai comes in last year and the Jaguars sweeped the Titans first year in So you're like, oh, this is whit I'm kidding, of course, but it's not how it always happens throughout it. And he's you know, first you know, first era of that. I mean he was involved in the Jeff Fisher that's why Jacksonville is their second home. Oh, we don't like that because in nineteen ninety nine when the Jaguars were fourteen and two and the number one seed, the Titans beat him three times.
Speaker 3: Three times in one year is difficult to.
Speaker 2: Do, not easy, but impossible. Yeah, that came. So division games. Then you get the AFC North three times in a row, and we'll find out in the first couple of weeks of December if this team has what it takes or not.
Speaker 3: I mean, these are the circle on your calendar games coming up right, so to get these divisional games kind of behind you and then really you know, obviously the game against the forty nine ers was not what you wanted to see from this team. They're Jaguars we thought were in that echelon and they are not there yet.
Speaker 2: But hopefully if you.
Speaker 3: Can get some momentum going figure things out in these divisional games then and I don't want to discount the Titans or the Texans because those are not going to be easy games. But you can figure something out. Then when you're growing up against the Ravens, the Bengals, the Browns to a certain degree, you'll kind of see what you have and what this playoff run might look like.
Speaker 2: If you don't get a win in this game. What will be one of one of the center pieces of conversation after this game, just hypothetically speaking here after the game. This game, quarterback, he's got to play well. He lost a quarterback versus quarterback next week. But yes, you got lost to c J. Strout earlier in the year. If you lose to Will Levis another rookie in the division this year, I mean, wouldn't a lot of the conversation go to Trevor's getting beat by rookies in the division? What c J. Strout Will lefts what we can't beat rookie quarterbacks with our generational quarterback. What just saying I mean, I'm not saying that's going to happen. It sounds like you're saying were to be the case. I am very confident in this football team this week because of what I see you on the film with the Tennessee Titans. But I will tell you again, it's a divisional game and it's the Tennessee Titans set. You need to know. But the quarterbacks got to play better. I mean, he's got to play back. That's clear. He started that game off the first play of the ball game, which you run a naked bootleg, and they're lined up in five down. Five down is five defensive linemen. They've all got their hand in the ground. They're not telling you anything, but we're bringing five and so we're playing to deplete cards block us naked bootleg. Trevor's out of the pocket. You got Calvin Ridley on the boundary, gotta throw it doesn't get thrown. Here comes Warner of the linebacker because Evan Ingram stays in to help block those five guys. Warner just here he comes, going after Trevor pressures them because Trevor's late to the throw. With Ridley incomplete second down, you get a little completion third down. Trevor peaked at the rush. If he stands tall in the pocket on the third down, third play of the ball game, you got Brenton Strange wide open right in front of you. For a game that you move the chains first down. And that was kind of, I guess you could say a microcosm of the game for Trevor. His feet were happy, the clock was ticking fast. In his brain, his eyes didn't always down the field.
Speaker 4: And that's like the complete opposite of the Trevor Lawrence that I remember in last year at Tennessee the first Titans game, which he was lights out good.
Speaker 3: How hard is it to undo that though, because it's like it's the trust factor to a certain degree, and he can say he trusts them, but by body language alone, you can tell he doesn't trust the protection he has around him. So how can you get that back?
Speaker 2: Well, for him, he's gotten it back in a week. Okay. You know, you go back to last year, the performance that he had in London against Denver, that interception. I guess, yes, seeze first and go with the one boy. You come back the next week, okay, and I think that was a home game and you're playing the Raiders. Now you got a little bit of an assist from Derek Carr in that ballgame because he was so bad. If Derek Carr had done anything in the second half, the Jaguars don't win that ball game. But Trevor leads him back from seventeen points down. It played really well, Baltimore game played really well, so he was able to turn it around. And then you go to last year another example, which is probably the closest comparison to this week. Last year, you go on the road to Detroit and you get hammered. What was that score, forty four to ten? It was forty forty to fourteen, forty to fourteen. Trevor got danged up in that game. Remember that he ran off and came back in, came back in, finished the game. Yeah, but that was a thumping. I mean, that was a thumping. And then the next week you go to Nashville and Trevor was unbelievable. The decision making, the competitiveness, how he went through his reads. It was arguably that was the best performance by Trevor to date. Was that game. And that game I said, we got a franchise guy. That's the game. I said that to myself, we got a franchise guy because that was a franchise guy performance. And he had quite a few of them that followed after that. This year, I would say a couple he's had solid games and the one guy, the one game where you just go franchise performance was probably the Buffalo game. He was really good in that ball game and that, by the way, was the only three hundred yard passing game that he had this year. Their offense has been clunky, though, but he hasn't had you know, go to last year year, all those moments that he had late in the year, This is the time where he starts to need to show some of those molts. He's been consistent, solid, but I want to see we got a franchise guy moment, you know what I mean, where you go, oh yeah, we got a guy. This would be the time to pull that out of the hat, that's for sure. If you're looking for the MVP of the truck game, look no further than Ford to F one fifty. Loaded with impressive capability and designed to dominate, work, play and everything in between. This truck makes tough look easy. Your local four dealer prop partner of the Jaguars were on ten ten XL and ninety two point five FM Jaguars Happy Hour Kay Stevens and Studio with us Off the Field Conversation today. You record one late in every week. Who did you have today?
Speaker 3: We had the newest Jaguar as we're Cleveland with us today, So learn a little bit about him and how he's getting assimilated and how everything's going seems to be picking things up really quickly. He worked with the offensive line coach here, Phil Rauscher, was in Minnesota with him for the first two years of his career, so they have that comfortability and then just kind of picking things up and he from what he said, he feels very comfortable with what we've got going on.
Speaker 2: You know, Doug Peterson talked about getting him some time, right and getting them some reps and getting them in you know, how does that happen in the middle of a season and what does that even mean? Coming ahead? Right at some point? I mean, he's been the starting guard at Minnesota. Is he going to see the playing field of during games like what's gonna How's that gonna happen? I think a lot of that depends on Walker Little. You know, how how is Walker Little playing today, Tomorrow, Sunday? The following game, Walker Little didn't have a very good game. And the reality is, you stack another game like that on you know it. And here's the thing. You got a guy this week that could do that to you again. And Jeffrey Simmons, Okay, Tier Tart, two big, strong dudes. And that's the part. You know that Walker Little will have something to say and he will make the determination of what the future of Ezra Cleveland holds. Because the reality is is that if Walker Little plays well, Ezra Cleveland will just become a valuable backup and then you know, down the road, we'll see what happens. But if Walker Little falters, I don't think that they hesitate to go to an Ezra Cleveland. Now, maybe not end game, you know, in game, like I say this, will you'll see how the game is going if it's just a blow up or something. I think that if it would take a performance by Walker and throughout the game and then all of a sudden you're you're you're not winning, and you're like, okay, we've seen enough. Okay, but that's extreme. I don't envision that happening. I think the more time that you get Ezra to get comfortable, the better off for him and for the offense. But here's the thing. He's a starting caliber left guard in this league period. Yeah, he was starting from Minnesota. That's why when can we see that?
Speaker 3: That'll be out Saturday morning. I think they put it on Jaguars dot common YouTube.
Speaker 2: Jaguars dot com free website, and the Jaguars YouTube. He's long too, you know, he's built. He's built like a tackle and.
Speaker 3: He told on All Access he's a left guard like in his mind that's his position.
Speaker 2: Which is which is what you want. And the reason we asked him that on All Access last week was because he was a left tackle or a tackle at Boise State, which JP, you're a big fan of that blue turf. Yeah, he was telling us about how that they find feathers on the fields like land taking it's.
Speaker 3: Water water, Yeah, terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not good for the duck. Yeah, it's kind of a crash land just for the groundskeeper. Yeah, tonight, Jaguars All Access TV at Strings Sports Brewery. Who you got tonight?
Speaker 3: Christian Kirk will be back with us, all right. Yes, he's always good with us, so it should be a good one.
Speaker 2: He's always good with everybody, like yeah.
Speaker 3: He's it's very accountable, has good answers and yeah, I want to.
Speaker 2: Talk about this, right, I'm sure he'll sure, you guys going to grill him, right, Well, we're gonna ask him about the giveaways. I mean, that's you know, that's unfortunately, that's part of the job when you have a tough outing, and Christian was a part of that tough outing because he fumbled the ball in six. You know, you got to be able to to be accountable and talk about it. And you know, everybody wants to know how do you fix it? And so we'll ask that question. How do you? How do you fix it? Christian? How do you get the offense to feel like it's got some rhythm? How do you get smooth and not clunky? How do you how do you find the rhythm that you had last year? How do you push the ball down the field? All that yeah, is in play tonight on String at String Sports Brewery, Jaguars All Access, seven o'clock, Fox thirty. Be there, I'll be there, Kyle will be there. Are you? Are you going to be there? I will not be there. No, I figured you might be in a peanut gallery having a beer too cool. Not tonight, not tonight, some other night. We got a good game on tonight too, by the way, Thursday night football.
Speaker 3: We have Bengals Game of the week.
Speaker 2: Wow, Bengals Ravens. Wow. Big game, big game, I mean, j belly up at the barred Strings and have a beer, watch the game. Let's do it. We might have Okay, you might have talked. We'll see. We've got another hour in fifteen to figure it out. Jaguars Happy Hour is brought to you by the same Jimes River Water Management District, Florida's water It's worth saving. We're on ten tonight's out ninety two point five FM. Jaguars at com Jaguars YouTube on this Thursday ahead of the Titans Jaguars matchup in a week eleven, the Jags at six and three, the Titans the other way around. The division getting tight, of course, with Houston playing better football with good quarterback play and those two. The Jags and the Texans will tangle next week down an NRG Stadium in Houston the Sunday after Thanksgiving time. Now for the injury report presented by Baptist Health and the Jacksonville Orthopedic Institute, the official sports medicine provider of the Jacksonville Jaguars. Same exact report today for the Jaguars as yesterday. That means wide receiver Jamal Agnew with a shoulders slash rib injury now officially did not practice yesterday or today. It sounds like that could be a little bit. Cornerback Tyson Campbell with a hamstring issue is not practiced this week, and that's not trending the right way. No, that's concerning Anton Harrison offensive lineman back issue limited both days. Defensive line I'm and Roy Robertson Harris with an ankle issue limited both days this week. Parker Washington's window to practice opened off a knee injury. He's limited Wednesday and Thursday. But that is trending the right direction. And Zay Jones with a knee issue limited Wednesday Thursday. That also seems to be maybe trending the right direction on the field for Zay to go. We'll see what happens tomorrow, and then of course the designations come down at the end of the practice week and then game day see who's up and up and down. But that's that's the injury report for the Jaguars. It's a long list for Tennessee logs. Two players have not practice this week's Traylon Burks wide receiver with a concussion, Andre Dillard a tackle with a concussion. They have Neither one of them has practiced this week. I real quick with those guys. Traylon Burkes was not active their past game against Tampa and that's not trending in the right direction. No, and Dillard is a dill to Glard sure, whichever, I don't know the left tackle. He sustained a cushion in this past game which they had Nicholas petite Frere, who was also a left tackle for them that started a game previously in the year. He went on IR at the beginning of the week, so there are options if Dillard can't play. Are somewhat limited, so they would more than likely kick out one of the guards to play. Tackle. Daniel Brun's skill with an ankle issue limited both days. A guard corner Anthony Kendall did not practice today, was limited yesterday with a hamstring Sean Murphy bunning thumb issue limited both days. A couple other guys full Luke Gifford was limited today. The linebacker Ryan Tannehill's practice both the days full with the ankle issues, and that's about it. Everybody else is either full or has not practiced because of rest. So there are your Tennessee Titans. The Jaguars entertained them this week, and we'll see. That's the injury report presented by Baptist Health Tailgate. With Tony coming up this Sunday, November nineteenth, the head of the Titans Jaguars matchup Bisselli and Jags Legends two different levels of all inclusive tickets available benefiting the Biselli Foundation at Met Park. Visit Bissellifoundation dot com for more and use the code tony seven to one for seventy one dollars tickets. That's gonna be a black that's pretty creative tony seven one. Yes, absolutely it is, and so check it out Bissellifoundation dot com. Live music, all kinds of things going on a Sunday before the game starts at ten o'clock. You got plenty of time. It shuts down right around twelve thirty or so, in time to walk into the game and be ready. Sounds like a plan. Yeah, that I got food there they do. They've got food and everything all right, food, music, nice, drinks nice. They got a shuttle service. You can just walk. It's at Met Park. I think I was thinking about getting the shuttle service to go there. Are you gonna go? I'm gonna try to go. I don't know if I can get over him back, because you know, it's not easy. I'd have to be there right at ten and then leave it like ten thirty. Is that even enough? And here here's the one thing. You know on game day you kind of have a rhythm, you know, things that you usually do, you know, prepence for the foundation. It's just for the kids. Yeah, I know, I'm all for it, you know, Yeah, But I'm with you like you. You know, they're getting stuck in You're stuck in traffic. You never know these days in the traffic out here, well, I mean, I don't know about being stuck in traffic, human traffic. There's a lot of that too these I mean the game, I think it's sold out of their standing room, tickets being sold. It's going to be a great atmosphere, the divisional game. And I know that. Doug Peterson, that's one of the things we're going to ask him is, you know, the one thing you always want to do is football team is winning home. And this team is one and three at the bank, and that's that's not where you want to be. You know. Typically when you you I remember, going all the way back to college, high school, when you start to list your goals as a football team, one of the first goals is win your games at home. Okay, and then because you have an advantage here in your place, it's your fans, and you got an advantage from you know, the crowd noise, everything else, and so you want to win those games at home, and so far not the results that this team wants. It's the last home divisional game of the season. About that and even Thanksgiving you and this is a big one. This is a big one because it's a division game, and if all of a sudden you falter, it makes the Houston game. I mean a lot of attention would be put on that. And look, it's going to be a big game regardless. But can you imagine if you falter against Tennessee then you go to Houston with Houston have an opportunity maybe of taking the division lead. Yeah, because if they win Jags lose, it would be the same record, but they would have the tiebreakers and they'd be in first place going into the matchup next that's hard to get. And then their schedule. Look at the the Houston schedule coming up Arizona this week at home, Jaguars in Houston next week, and then Broncos in Houston the week after that. Three straight home games at the Jets and then at the Titans. And the Jets might be completely in the tank by the you never know, right, And the Browns had quarterback change with their defense is really good. And then the Titans again and then at the Colts, so that the Browns are going to be a challenge regardless because their defense is so good. But the next Mile Scarrett. Have you watched him? Oh my, yeah, he's ridiculous. He is so good. I mean, I'm talking like freakazoid good. He's probably gonna he's probably gonna break, most likely gonna break the single season sackerg How many has he got right now? Man? I think he's on pace to break it. I mean, obviously it's a seventeen game season now, which doesn't kind of compare apples to apples, But I mean, this guy, I'll never forget watching him when he was coming out of college. He was just you were just amazed at how athletic and strong he is set eleven already eleven sacks, eleven sacks and how many games in? What nine games? I mean if they've played nine in Cleveland? Yes, nine games, okay, eleven and nine, So he's he's going to be right there getting close to it now, twenty two, I believe, in two and a half. I think that's what it is. Yeah, straight hand in TJ. Watt When you when you watch, when you watch Miles Garrett, he does he does things athletically that are amazing. I mean sometimes, like a lot of times when you when you try to describe a guy, you say, Okay, he's really strong and really physical, and then hey, the other guy, he might be athletic and nimble. Miles Garrett puts all of that together in one package, all of it, and he is he is special. Got a few weeks to figure that out because that's on the schedule. When is When is that game? Which is one of the amazing one of the amazing Jaguar games. But Baltimore, no, we got Let's see, here's here's the order of operations this week. Tennessee at Houston home against the Bengals at Cleveland. Bengals Cleveland and then Baltimore after that first of all c J Stroud Bengals Cleveland amazing games. Okay, Baltimore an amazing game. Some people think that's the best team in the AFC right now, I'm not arguing. I don't know about that. I mean, I'm not taking I'm well, I'm not taking that crown off set right now. Yet you see the way they played week. Have you seen how many rings that Mahomies has got on his sting right now, right now, and right now, Baltimore is that's right? All right? So Doug Peterson shows next Jaguars head coach will be in studio with us, all right, So what do you want to hear from the top jag going into this one? I want to hear from him how you go about handling the week after a game like what you had this past Sunday. I mean really, because he's had success after games like this. Look and look, he's an excellent coach, and you want to make sure that you leave that nasty taste in everybody's mouth. But at the same token, you can't. You can't keep you know, beating a man down right like games to go, Yeah, you got it, you got it, you kind of got At some point you got to turn the pay and say, okay, let's go, okay, here's what we did bad and here's how we got to correct it. Now let's go. Let's not just sit here in waller in the muck, waller with an R. Yes, waller, waller. Well then you want to waller in them, Well, you certainly do not want to waller in that we're back in a moment. The Doug Peterson Show is after this. Thank you for listening to Jaguars Happy Hour.