Speaker 1: He is Drink Chants, motherfucking podcast man. He's a legends every Queens rapper. He ain't segreed that your boy in O R E.
Speaker 2: D's a Miami hip hop pioneer put up as d J e f N.
Speaker 3: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players you know me and the most.
Speaker 1: Professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drink chans mother postcavery days.
Speaker 2: New Year's c that's it's time for drink Champions, drink up, motherfuck motheruck.
Speaker 1: But it could be hoping to the stupid boy and O R E. What up? It is d J e f N And this is military Crazy World podcast Manie something when I tell you, I'm so excited about today's show. This man has been in this game for four decades. He's been making records since he was ten years old. Literally self proclaimed. The people claim cain't in a dance hall. He's been doing this hit after hit. I went through this man's discography and I had so much fun just listening to how much hits throughout the whole time, Like this man could just fall on a hit big records. There's a lot of controversy going on Grammy Award winning. I've been nominating.
Speaker 4: I ain't win shit.
Speaker 2: Don't worry, it's coming from me. You know the doctor girls.
Speaker 1: Dem sugar. It is going down. In case you don't know what we're talking about. What your mother won the only impeccable Listen, I went through your music. It took us three days to try to get through the whole music. Yeah, I mean so it's this rumor true that at ten years old you won a contest eight damn eight. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I did my first did our first song when I was eight.
Speaker 5: So when when I went the contest, it was Taste is Talent Show. When I won that contest, I get a contract to record, right, So I went to the studio and I knock called the song. I did two songs, one card over the Sea and one called two Funcy Why Yeah? And then I did my first album at age ten.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is a lifelong question. What is the difference between reggae and dance hall? Oh the bead.
Speaker 4: Reggae is one job, dance out is four job.
Speaker 1: Reggae's one job, dance those four jobs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, John sallis drop drop.
Speaker 2: Like a rock.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Reggae is the feeling of the people, like all the people feel about the government, or the people feel about their lives that they're living, or the people feel about the system that they're living in. So this is all the reggae music is. So reggae music is social commentary. So when you're doing dance, I know you talk about all the people live, or the girl them wind up themselves, or the girl them Jess, or the girl them look nice. So when they go, welcome the guys.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: The difference in the music is how you express yourself, because you have some people don't know what to express themselves.
Speaker 4: You have some people just do themthing different. But dance, our.
Speaker 1: Music is is a different.
Speaker 5: Type of genre. It's a different thing. It comes like hip hop to you. Like when when I used to listen to Slick Quick and you go a.
Speaker 4: Lout of Doddie heard the party, We don't. So every nobody and doesn't when we wrack up.
Speaker 5: On the mic, okay, and then you get a fifty cent and they get you. It's a different type of music. So when the music come together, it kind of don't sound different, but it is different because sometimes the music speed up and sometimes the music slow down, So you still got dance all DJs like me, dancehall artists that do one drop, like you have a sizzler a black woman and you have a bunch of bant and will come and say it's not unyasy good.
Speaker 4: So it's it's there's a difference in the music.
Speaker 5: But the dance all artists do reggae music because the reggae music is the original music where the dance all come from. But dance all now we try to make it. You know, it's coming like call faster than you see.
Speaker 4: But down sound is straight to reggae danzall music. That's what we do.
Speaker 2: But it's not just temple. It's also substance.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a substance, right. You have some music don't got no substance. They can't last. You have someone who sing one song and it lasts for two months. You have a money sing the next song in the last for six months. But you have a money sing I sang and it last forever.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Because I always tell people that Robert Nest Tomali died, but Bob Molly never died, so he's always alive. Because you're always hear the music, so Yeah, that's the type of music. I love to sing. Music that lasts forever, music that you can tour them like forever. So if you I got an undred an eight to seven number one song, why should I want another?
Speaker 4: But you have to make.
Speaker 2: Music and eighteen albums. Yeah, has seven compilations.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but what I'm.
Speaker 1: About around a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got, I got, I got over two thousand eight songs. But its songs. It's song. Number one is number one. When when you're.
Speaker 5: Making number one songs, you're making songs that last forever.
Speaker 1: The songs out you can go and say two thousand hit songs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, over two thousand.
Speaker 2: We didn't get through none of his.
Speaker 1: Bro hmmm. So I always had to ask you this question. Is Romney a real person that has big fast sister? You call him Rommy? I was like, he's me, call it just a big man. I was like me, it's a real man, of course. So what did he do to you? You're doing like him?
Speaker 5: No, I don't hate, I don't hey, I don't try to age is just a bad word.
Speaker 1: But what did he do?
Speaker 2: Cast drama and his sister whit sister.
Speaker 4: Hate him?
Speaker 1: It's from in the country, he's a real person. He gets to hear this record, he's like, don't hear it, it's just a hit. It's a hit record, Like I would like it.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about you. Nobody know you know, everybody knows who you are. Now do you like that record? There you go.
Speaker 2: He might be introducing himself like I'm the one that ben.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying it?
Speaker 4: See wrong? Me is that guy we grew up it.
Speaker 5: But then he birol people, thinks burow your money and burroy you and then he not pay you.
Speaker 6: That makes sense talking about I got a lot of them this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know the man I need some money to do this.
Speaker 5: You go like, okay, there's a few dreads, and then come back again and man, I need someone to do this. Then you get to realize that this he's doing it too often.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so the last time I asked him to pay me back and.
Speaker 4: There's no pain. Yes, I get offended.
Speaker 5: So I sing a song I will go knock grow me out, like right now today, right now, I would sucker punch him like exous. But sometimes it's better to make fun of it. You sing music about people, and people become recognizable.
Speaker 4: People start to say, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 5: A minir room if I'm on the road, and that's it. So when you do ship like that is you know, you turn out good and their side, but then you get a hit sound.
Speaker 2: And no one's lending roamy money anymore.
Speaker 1: Now you have you have a legendary moment and versus the whole whole verses that you got. That's the first time that I ever see people say that. It was like like like Jamaica one, like you're like, you know how people say this guy, that's the first time I say, that's the one thing. But you when the policeman came, oh and you said, you don't want to be that guy? I said, I used that for everything, like anytimes somebody's doing so you don't want to be that guy?
Speaker 4: Got no, that was a good time.
Speaker 1: So they tell us what happened to the police arrival.
Speaker 5: It was the epidemic mm hm in Jamaica, the COVID defend. So we were supposed to be in a student's Yeah, so we're in a student like this, all of us none of us have COVID, so we were dere doing the thing and then the police just walk in.
Speaker 4: Announced the unannounced.
Speaker 5: And then remember the Prime ministel of the country is on the phone saying we're ed. Seeing his boss is on the phone saying we'recked. I need us walk in. Mister molass Davis, what are you doing there?
Speaker 1: I'm like what.
Speaker 5: Because we just take the break, so you're walking on the break walking the wrng time you should do that is walking in the wrong time. So same time the break, we come off break. So we're going back live now and he's like, mister Davis, I'm talking to you, and now I'm like, do you want to be that guy? I don't think you want to be that guy? And he's like, what, let's say we got over fifty.
Speaker 4: Thousand people a year, five hundred, We've got five hundred. Yeah, five hundred thousand people online watching us live right now going into six hundred thousand, and then you just walk in like at least.
Speaker 1: He can give the camera though, if you got a camera, I want to throw he wanted to shine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you see both of them.
Speaker 2: It was polices.
Speaker 5: It was two police guys, but there's one talking, the next one not saying nothing. So when I look at him and said do you want to be that guy? The next one go like this. The next one, I wanted to run through the door. He's like, damn, we weren't coming fucking up this ship. Well we're doing here. So that was a nice moment for the thing. But I don't like when.
Speaker 4: People try to break.
Speaker 1: Up the music.
Speaker 5: When you come and see the music it's playing and everybody is up being fun, Why you want to come and break that up.
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 4: That doesn't make no sense.
Speaker 5: What's so it's for you to build that vibes together? Because me, yes, we wore for twenty two years.
Speaker 4: We were Nemesis, like seriously, like, yeah, the only thing we never do is show fist.
Speaker 2: Did it almost go there?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 1: Ever?
Speaker 2: No, we're true words because it seems serious from the house.
Speaker 4: No fist. I'm a bad man. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: In situations like that, usually the crew of the people around them get affected.
Speaker 1: Ye, what about that?
Speaker 5: They're the one that get messed up because they go where I'm fucked around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, somebody up, but that's it.
Speaker 5: But me, me and bunch of killer we never chow fist because I'm not that. I'm not that guy that you can mess with, Like I don't play right and I got friends that don't play, and I got friends that don't play, and I got other friends that don't play.
Speaker 1: And yeah, did you date his ex wife or something like that?
Speaker 5: No, his ex girlfriend is my wife. Wow, that's a different thing. Was my wife shouldn't say? Is my wife? Was my wife? She got a kid from me. He's eighteen years old. His name is Marcain. I love him to death. Yeah, but yeah, wow, I was.
Speaker 1: Going through the I was like, oh, she's almost love it started.
Speaker 4: That's that's when the beef almost ended.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, but you know, you see a girl, you're like girl, girl like boy boy like girl girl and boy get together.
Speaker 1: By Yeah, that was it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I watched the.
Speaker 5: One with I think with Babyface. Yeah, baby Faced is my singer. I'm kind of bis don't know about it.
Speaker 2: Who the baby Face go against?
Speaker 5: Oh god, baby Face go somebody? I don't remember, but I forgot. Yeah I remember baby Face though. And then I watched No One BMX.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Riley, yeah, baby Face googling on time.
Speaker 1: I have to tell you to do that.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, that's what's up.
Speaker 4: So I watched them both.
Speaker 5: I didn't like the vibes, but because I wasn't getting the vibes from you know, so I said, Okay, we're not going to do no versus like that.
Speaker 4: We're going to do like nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 1: But clash clash, you're.
Speaker 4: Gonna be each other. That bomb bom bomb.
Speaker 7: That was it.
Speaker 5: That was a beautiful thing because the vibe was nice. It's not like we're fighting. We're trying to raisent each other, but we're not fighting.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it was I love that verson.
Speaker 1: I loved it.
Speaker 2: It stood on to all the verses. That was like the first one that like everyone like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like I said, there was credited in Jamaica for winning, you know what I mean, because it looked really good.
Speaker 3: Jamaica didn't get credit too to a degree because and did you I want to ask if you felt that because Billboard they covered the versus effect. Yeah, they didn't put it, didn't put men in bounty kill, So who do they put that?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: Everybody else that didn't put us up? But I don't care, come right, because you see.
Speaker 5: The problem is big boats in magazine that came out. But the world is Internet loving right now, so everybody's on social media everybody's on this, everybody's in that.
Speaker 4: So the people that watched the verses, they know.
Speaker 5: If big Board didn't want to recognize us as you know, that's that's that's their loss.
Speaker 4: It's not minds true.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you, what do you what do you feel about afrobeats?
Speaker 5: I love the way all them implement dansall in the aphrobeat.
Speaker 4: You understand because.
Speaker 5: They say the music is from Africa, so they can do anything. They can use any music they're ont use. But the alphabeat is it's nice music. You can dancely like salsa, do all of that together.
Speaker 4: It's nice. It's nice music. So I actually love it.
Speaker 5: I appreciate the Africans to come out and show their talent. But yeah, so when somebody loves music and appreciate it by going and build their own song, their own music off your music, you got to give them appreciation because they show you that they love the music, and you inspire.
Speaker 4: So if you muse it, don't inspire ship seriously, So you got to think about that.
Speaker 2: Too, right yea, And eventually generationally things will get lost, history gets lost, unfortunately.
Speaker 5: Yeah, seriously, you guys, just know that your music is music I don't remember the first time I hear a hip hop song was.
Speaker 4: That's it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Just every cookin It's what your name?
Speaker 1: Kid? Him play and I can't pitch a beating man. Listen what that's good? Come? What I watched House Party? What that makes sense? Yeah? God kill him?
Speaker 4: Play? Yeah? I please you remember it's not gonna work.
Speaker 5: When it come to music in my household, it was reggae, country and western.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seriously country western?
Speaker 4: What oh you think I know?
Speaker 1: Kenny Rogers? What I want to say? You listen to Kids Brooks and Dolly Parton. Don't you talking about it?
Speaker 3: That is?
Speaker 4: We now with me?
Speaker 1: Can we sail away with me? To one? Now the word? And we rely on each other one love to.
Speaker 4: Another music papaye we we we we we go through all of that, all right, but you have this guy wasn't even getting Brenton you have a say and said, because.
Speaker 1: There be so.
Speaker 6: I don't know what.
Speaker 1: It's gospel?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: There the.
Speaker 4: Across that used to play my house.
Speaker 1: Your mother, Christian?
Speaker 8: Yes, did you have to sneak and listen to other types of music in your own household?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: You gotta bar across the road?
Speaker 4: Road back so you put the money in it.
Speaker 2: Then what your father used to listen to? If your mother used to listen to God?
Speaker 4: My father is rested feelings. So you listened to Bob Marley and listen to you know? You need to go? Gregory? ISAA excelled them people yet?
Speaker 1: Actually Bob Marty and the Whalers, Bar Mary or Bob Marley on the way less? Okay, yeah, that's my ship, relutionary Bob to I gotta be a little bit angry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, listen to the revolutionary vibe.
Speaker 1: You want to do something?
Speaker 2: You want to go outside?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Did you watch Bob in the movie? I saw it? I ain't unconfident.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, but.
Speaker 1: By what side? You don't like it?
Speaker 4: I got nothing to say about that?
Speaker 1: Oh? I saw it?
Speaker 4: But what what?
Speaker 5: What do you want me to say? This is Bob Marty. I can't say nothing bad about Bob.
Speaker 6: So what did you?
Speaker 1: I saw it?
Speaker 6: Okay? Thank you want to what do you think about it?
Speaker 1: Twice? And I'm about to spatch it to get in my house? Would you make a movie like that about being in what?
Speaker 4: But I can't make a movie like that yet?
Speaker 1: Because you know more to go? All right? Yeah?
Speaker 4: But there are certain things that I've been through that I don't want to.
Speaker 2: You're not ready to.
Speaker 1: You're not ready. You can't ready for that.
Speaker 4: You're going to go to prison.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was life. It's not pretty.
Speaker 4: It's not nice because we we we grew in the wood like and we don't grow nice. It's not it's not a nice thing.
Speaker 5: Like trust me, we just didn't suffer, you know, because yeah, about it wakes too make money.
Speaker 3: So you know you're but even how you said how you're saying that, people don't really can't visualize it like that.
Speaker 1: So that's what I'm saying. It's great to have a movie like that you made.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go a person.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna but there's some things you can leave on the cutting on the floor.
Speaker 4: You don't have to.
Speaker 2: It seems like he wants to tell his real true story, but he's not right.
Speaker 4: I can't do that. Then we're going to go to prison.
Speaker 1: That he's gonna wait long time, everybody, it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 4: That's about it.
Speaker 5: Because if I'm making a live story, and making a live story, I'm making a story of my life to be truthful. Yeah, I don't be truthful. I'm going to make a Ray movie like Old Ray yet blind and all of that. To lose his hype and all of that. I have to show you or I grow or I become am right. So if I show you, I'm gonna good person.
Speaker 4: I got no time for that. I got no time for person. I got no time for cops that, got no time for judge and none.
Speaker 1: So yeah, cheers. So then other day I saw on Instagram a guy post and he said, even the poorest man from the island is richer than it's rich. So so what I'm talking about, it's richer than the average city boy because when you from an island, you have access to clean water, organic food. Like your backyard is hopeful, yes, paradise. What you believe that what you're saying, all.
Speaker 4: See in Jamaica. You just get up and you see a man tree just growing in the yard like that.
Speaker 5: You see just go in the yard like that, a bread food tree just going your yard, like manga tree just going your yard like that.
Speaker 4: So you can't hungry. These are not fruits that just grow by itself.
Speaker 5: You eat the mango and throw away to see and it's see grow into a big ass tree and you're looking like a whaa. You don't have to plant that, you don't have to plant banana trees, you don't have to do none of that.
Speaker 1: It just grow.
Speaker 5: So, yes, Jamaica is different. And the under we got natural water from the mountain. So when when the mountain bus open, it gives you a spring. That's holy mountain or no, no, just all the mountains.
Speaker 1: What you go to? What are you saying?
Speaker 4: You go to a river, there's a spring in the river.
Speaker 2: The source is the mountain.
Speaker 5: There you go, so that you got spring water that you got to buy in the Bacca. But you can just go to the mountain and go like that's full of.
Speaker 1: Your glass and right, yeah, truly clean water.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's Jamaica.
Speaker 1: Figure.
Speaker 4: It's just a nice place. It is a nice place. Just wicked people live in nice places.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The government is wicked.
Speaker 1: The j LP was wicked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, got JFP and p n P and p m P like bluzz and cribs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's what in the Caribbean. The political parties are like what blezzing cribs. Yeah, and they used they used the people in the townships to fight for them.
Speaker 1: Ghost.
Speaker 4: Remember we come from a place where you have to be something. It's either your PNP or your jed P.
Speaker 1: Right be a musician. Yeah, that's what's upthing makes a noise for that show was about giving people they flowers while they could smell them. You know what I mean. They thought while they could think them, and they drinks while they could drink them. We wanted to give you your flowers, snoop dogs that it's better than the Grammy because it comes from your people nineteen crimes.
Speaker 4: Look at my flowers.
Speaker 1: Yes, So do you want to want to do quick time? Because I don't think he's gonna take shots. So to have him he could drink, he could just take have rosters drive January.
Speaker 2: Really, Sonny, you take sunny, he'll take the shots.
Speaker 1: Yes, we don't want to give me a shot. What what do you like? I don't know what you've got.
Speaker 2: We've got mamajuana from the make Republic.
Speaker 4: Don't get.
Speaker 6: I don't want tequila. What's of tequila is?
Speaker 4: Fuck me up? Marijuana? I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't I drinking marijuana tea, but I don't drink majuana.
Speaker 1: The back that No, that's not Marijuana's mama wan he knows, he knows what marijuana.
Speaker 4: I don't do my moajuana. I just don't do mama wuana. I could take a shot to what is that?
Speaker 2: This is vodka?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, give me.
Speaker 2: Tequila. Wet got some music?
Speaker 1: Let me ask you, how did you start drinking nineteen Crimes? How did you get on that? All right?
Speaker 5: I'm a wine drinker, okay, yeah, so they all right. I like Australian wine. Yeah, and I like Italian wine.
Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 2: So I like it's how you want to a white wine drinker.
Speaker 4: I'm a red wine drinker.
Speaker 5: I don't drink nothing like Yeah, my girlfriend drink white. So sometime I have to, you know, muscle.
Speaker 4: Up and be the man, Like what what are you doing the snoop? Do you drink? I think everybody who knows me know that.
Speaker 1: I dream souse. As soon as I said I hit snoop, I was like, Beanie man wants to drink nineteen Crimes. He sent that ship so fast.
Speaker 4: Man, Yeah, you know I drink.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna explain him to the game.
Speaker 2: We're going to give you two choices. This is our drinking game.
Speaker 4: Okay, drinking game.
Speaker 2: Two choices. This is really to bring up stories anything you want to talk about with anybody we mentioned, and you pick one, nobody drinks. But if you say both or neither, like you don't want to answer the question, we're drinking.
Speaker 4: Oh we have to drink.
Speaker 2: If you don't want to answer the question. If you don't pick, this is going to be yet.
Speaker 1: Are you ready? I'll go I tak the first one. Go ahead, Peter Tosh or Bob Marley. Whoa, that's add one. But I will go with Bob. Bob. Yeah, just so you know, I don't make up these questions.
Speaker 2: A Dominican and over there I'm being over there sniff cocaine and they just make up funny.
Speaker 1: But it's organic, you know. I'll go with Boat.
Speaker 2: So we're taking a shot, all right.
Speaker 1: Taking a shot.
Speaker 4: I'll go Boat. I some of that blood cutting, okay, he wants he wants the Yeah, I d cut.
Speaker 6: You want to try that?
Speaker 4: Mama, No, no, he said, you don't want them, Mama, Mama, Mama always.
Speaker 1: He no, mam, you got this.
Speaker 4: I'm not drinking, Mama. I don't want to. That's what happened.
Speaker 1: I don't drink that. He relaxed. Man, he makes it in the top and kill.
Speaker 2: He doesn't make it in a toughing candle. Yes, he's stopping on it and it's no great.
Speaker 6: So I think.
Speaker 5: Just like that's coming like Prissy in Jamaica when they tried to give you something crushed banana, some irish.
Speaker 4: This this black man put out his boot and he's time. They can't look from.
Speaker 1: The train.
Speaker 4: If he's doing that. Okay, I'm not drinking that. I'm not drinking. Mama on now, okay, and Peter Peter right, he's from the show to the liver, Come on like, let us quiver right.
Speaker 2: Goddamn Tony Kelly or for real good right?
Speaker 4: Oh well, whoa damn you really made that?
Speaker 1: That's all?
Speaker 5: Wait what that's the old one too, because Tony Kelly produced all of my eight songs and for produce cuts then Sugar Sugar Kelly.
Speaker 1: Is he like the Doctor dre of Reggae and Death.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's both of them. It's it's it's two of them. You got Dave Kelly and Tony Key.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Tony Kelly is yeah, he's from shabarrank in time. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Cody Kelly produced and Maxy Prieze saying you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so both saying both boy, oh god, you're.
Speaker 4: Not gonna set me up. I'm selling you.
Speaker 2: We got you, and we gotta come back after to talk about Yes, yes, the whole shot. Yes, yeah, and I need can you get take this.
Speaker 1: Stories stories about the Yeah, okay, this one, this one, I know that you're going to have some stories. Yellow Man or Ninja Man Ninjain Okay, that was that was easy, got your story. No, Ninja Man is my.
Speaker 4: He's the one to teach teach me how to work in the performing state. He got twenty kids, right, yeah, I don't know much kid, he got like thirty five.
Speaker 5: Man that that man don't pay. Now that that man doesn't pay. Ninja Man is he's my die. He's my done dog and it is my DJ.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, like seriously, okay, all right, let me see this record Tony Kelly producers Okay, because I see Yeah, Tony Kelly produces one. I seen this one.
Speaker 2: And these are for my personal archives.
Speaker 1: Take back.
Speaker 5: Kelly produced the two songs right there for me for Shocking Vibe Productions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bother them.
Speaker 1: For that already, right, all right, all right, So Tony Kelly did.
Speaker 5: So many songs for me because all right, he's the one that fright me after the badness, like you need to stop doing the buts and do the music.
Speaker 1: Let go the bass and do the music.
Speaker 3: Really like Kelly, why why was he saying that? Because I love I love that that the bonds of no.
Speaker 4: But I'm telling him a bad man. Don't want to think about the break now my nose just not come on stop? You see, do you know about my wicked meg?
Speaker 1: No? I want to know. I was hot, like man, I was hot.
Speaker 4: Have to run away from Kingston to go to the country, and I didn't know like this.
Speaker 5: Then they came my friend and my police friend come around and you know, yeah, then you know we do the thing, and the thing and the thing happened, and the police just do the thing and the guy get knock out and that was it.
Speaker 4: But I can't tell you all of that because I was going to go.
Speaker 1: We can't talk about that. So you know, we talked about it. Yeah, I just yeah Seampa or elephant man Shampa, Okay, not Dominican, right, he's from Jamaica. He's from That's why I wanted that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, elemen fan, elemen fan, that's what I called him about it. Get it wire, that's my name for you. Don't worry about it. I can't tell the girl man an elephant that that doesn't mean that.
Speaker 1: Was you know, are you elephant fan?
Speaker 5: No Eliman fan. Yeah, because he's a grown man. That the energy is a as an infant, because you just jump all over the place and as.
Speaker 1: You got yeah, yeah you know and go yeah that's all ol reggae both okay, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, every time you said little shots.
Speaker 1: No I got little shots.
Speaker 5: I'm not taking no big shots going keep you little shots. Give me a minute, give me a minute, one minute.
Speaker 1: There we go. Shut all right, Lady Saw Patra you got to train with Patra though too, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I see Portray is my my friend from Loang Long. I know Patrack before I know Lady Saw. But but Lady Saw it's one of the beddest female artists from our makers.
Speaker 1: Do not pay. She's already O G two Yeah, definitely, yeah, she's she she.
Speaker 5: All right, spices the Queen of the dance hall. But Lady Saw she really rocked the queen like she she was the queen before she baptized and turned Christian and all that.
Speaker 2: But don't you kind of record The Queen of the Dance Hall with Patram, don't you got to record The Queen of the Dance Hall?
Speaker 4: And this with Patro Yeah, Patra was part of the Dancehall Queen. Yeah, yeah, the World Movie Queen.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But it was what you're saying, ladies, she was wicked. I love Patch, don't get it twisted. I love Patch that don't get it twisted. I love Butcher. But lady Saw. She's original, she creates music. She she's just coming here to beat then them now, oh.
Speaker 4: Me hot, you know.
Speaker 1: Saying she's crazy, but.
Speaker 4: You's wicked, wicked, wicked, but lady, so it's a different human being. She all right. She reminded me of me, like there what you.
Speaker 2: She's the best, reminds me.
Speaker 1: Answer.
Speaker 4: I'm the king of the answer. You go get that, get that.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: She reminded me she's wicked. Ladies, I don't remember.
Speaker 1: All right. You see she she goes, she goes X rayed, but not x rated.
Speaker 4: She going the farm up to make you want to do ship, but not do that ship that people doing. All right, See, Lady Saw, all right, remember when you come on with you?
Speaker 1: I said, Yea.
Speaker 4: You can't gun goo there. You can't guys about me about Yeah, I might be a little that's it's about it. And I'm like, what.
Speaker 5: Now I get interested. I started to going like this. I started to getting interested. And then I saw her performing stage. She she got on her tice and she's keep on with that for them, grab up by something, what and what? So she breaks the dance all scale. So she makes all women know how to perform. She may call women know what to sing and what not to sing, where to go, where not to go. But she comes conscious too. She just don't do all slockness. No, she don't do that. She she comes conscious too.
Speaker 1: So what she do?
Speaker 4: She inspired me.
Speaker 1: And I love her for that.
Speaker 6: That's powerful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, SiZ.
Speaker 4: Huh, sizz.
Speaker 1: Sizzla are cable toon? Who both? Oh right now?
Speaker 2: Cheers?
Speaker 1: It was a sizzling story. HM, give us a sizzling story story story. Okay, I worried both of them. Actually did tell him.
Speaker 5: See what I'm saying, you're not listening to him, Nigga go to president. Yeah, both of them. But Sizzla is uh.
Speaker 4: He's inspirational by the music that he sings and how he delivered his words. And you know I always sing his album is the Fireman and he is my performer, is my my record, and I just mm.
Speaker 1: Hmm describe Great t R or Gorilla Black? What what.
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That's the Dominican.
Speaker 5: My friendship right now, go ahead, Black is my friend. We we sing something together, did you?
Speaker 4: Yes? I did his first song.
Speaker 2: Pause, why we say.
Speaker 1: Please? You should explain it for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Bus means like break the artist. Okay, yeah the artist. Yeah. No, his first song is with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is about money. I get shut and idiot but money. Yeah, yeah that's true. And and and going that black student.
Speaker 4: With me too?
Speaker 6: Did you choose did you choose me?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: No not these black people call me, said so, I just went and go on the record. And they called me again and he said, we.
Speaker 1: Go to a video.
Speaker 4: But the problem is it was Germany. Du Prix German. Yeah, okay, okay, Jesus Christ, my American talk did come from.
Speaker 1: Germany.
Speaker 5: Du Prix called me and said, listen, I needed in this record. And then he called me again and he said I needed this record.
Speaker 1: So she means to be called you both times for both. Yeah, I know what you mean to.
Speaker 4: Be well what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that coming backwards the virgin. Come on, dog, and you got the Janet Jackson.
Speaker 4: I see it.
Speaker 1: My bad get get anything. I was a virgin to get anything. Yeah, it don't makes sense. Now there you go. Yeah, Chaman was you know he was on virgin as well. Right, you just said it makes sense? Who see I have to drink? Okay, all right, cool, fair enough?
Speaker 2: Sim who got the keys to man?
Speaker 1: I told you if you say send semon a person that we got the keys about Vemo, you legally slapped them in the face like it's presidential approved. Yeah all right, I spread the room from the deliver.
Speaker 6: Okay, come on, let us quiver know the one already?
Speaker 1: Mind?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, for no reason you want the next one tupaet d m X. There we go now and piece of both of them go put.
Speaker 1: Quick walk back.
Speaker 4: But I love DMX to that that's the problem. Yes, this just bitch is doing for my nigga.
Speaker 5: That's that's one of the toughest rapper ever after BIGGI smart o, biggest smart.
Speaker 4: It's my rapper. Don't don't get it twisted. I love your songs. Yeah, I gotta don't get right.
Speaker 5: But Biggie smart It's flow is Yeah, it's a different Biggie's different. When when Biggie grab a beat, he just grab it just like down, I say, you gotta snatch the.
Speaker 1: He that's what Biggy do.
Speaker 5: Biggie just snatched the Ready first your biggest small song. I was like, I wasn't ready, what's up with this nigga? And then I hit the next one?
Speaker 1: And what the man?
Speaker 5: Flow is different Tupac, Now his message is different. The Tupac sent a message don't play with it, don't play with it. But d m X, this nigga bark like a dog, right, this man about like a dog. That niggasig I gotta drink. Ok are you getting drunk?
Speaker 1: Take my mama.
Speaker 5: If I got issue with DMX. Okay, you came to Jamaica, so your shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Liver, So he came to Jamaica.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he came to Jamaica and he was on one of the toughest shows in Jamaica. Like seriously, it was unsting, Like Sting is one of the toughest shows that they will boot you or fring Bacca that yes, at this show, they don't play.
Speaker 1: What are they flinging at you? Bottles?
Speaker 2: Bottles?
Speaker 1: If you sucked up the.
Speaker 2: Glass bottles and it's not good like the.
Speaker 4: It's not waterboccles like to little water bocca baccas.
Speaker 1: As bottles. What the mess you up?
Speaker 4: But when the walk out, he.
Speaker 5: Was in the cage and you come on, you drump at the cage and y Jamaica is upsiding down.
Speaker 1: That is wicked.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you wicked.
Speaker 5: There's few roppers come to Jamaica that move the audience because Jamaica is the toughest audience you can ever imagine. Just don't worry about it. They just don't like people. It's the toughest audience you've ever seen, like ever. You walk out and do any your best and they're looking like you like this. Yeah, they just say what do you see doing?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: Get off the stay what?
Speaker 5: They don't play? This is the toughest audience ever. But once you can rock them one time, all right. Jamaica is the only place I know that you got the wind, the wind, the crowd, win the crowd. When you're going stage, you got to wind the crowd first. And then the crowd started.
Speaker 4: Bill up and they started build up, and they started a bill up from once you win them, you're good. If you don't win them, ye're not good.
Speaker 5: Yes, you're sleeping in the dog eyes tonight.
Speaker 4: That's Jamaica. So when DMX came to Jamaica and come out and say, watch the bitch is one from a nigga?
Speaker 1: What they killed them?
Speaker 4: Man? They killed them, We killed them. And then this thing started.
Speaker 5: Freestyle started to talking about ultrabius in the beach and all that, and talk about the weed.
Speaker 1: Got to smoking and go to Nick grilling ship. What a you're not saying they kill it? I love that.
Speaker 4: I love that nigga seriously.
Speaker 1: I love him, like seriously, rest in peace?
Speaker 2: You know? He said both? He said both?
Speaker 1: Okay, drinking for that already?
Speaker 4: Are you drinking too much?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Actually drinking too much?
Speaker 4: Why is why is dropping ship?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Burning spears are the techniques?
Speaker 4: Burns, fears?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Shotas a third world cop?
Speaker 4: H man, I'm gonna drinking okay.
Speaker 1: Oh damn for sure? Shot me too, for sure? Shot?
Speaker 2: Hold on, let me get my shot.
Speaker 1: Shot. That's when college was skinny. More people know shots than they know third world cop. You're gone too far?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Is that just here.
Speaker 3: You think even in Jamaica, you know, in Jamaican didn't know everything, know everything, Jimmy everything, Calypso or Soca.
Speaker 6: No, but he's supposed to take the shot too.
Speaker 2: Yeah man, but you dropped the gun. We're supposed to take shot.
Speaker 10: Here.
Speaker 4: Shot yeah, yeah, my shot?
Speaker 1: So well all right, leave sir Soka that yeah I got. Oh boy, thank you much.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Cliff for Gregory ISAs.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I think you're doing it on purpose.
Speaker 2: Hold on, let's let's take a breathe in and looking at each other, said thank you for being here.
Speaker 6: How do you say it again? What's the toast that you say.
Speaker 4: From your troll to the liver from come on linc, let us quiver, let us quiver.
Speaker 1: Or boju bontan, I ain't.
Speaker 4: Got nothing more liquors?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so we got to wait.
Speaker 4: You say I got one?
Speaker 1: I got one, right, Okay, you got one? Give us the shopper story. I mean, so, hold on, let drink. Let's drink. I know you're feeling good drinking anything good. He's cleansing his liver. January dry, January foul motherfucker.
Speaker 4: You see, it's great Jamaican artists we're not that close, like you know, because bad man don't worry about it.
Speaker 5: But Shaba is he is a great artist and I love what he did. He came out and he shows us how to do it. And I really respect him for that. I really respect right well he called himself to him. Wow, yeah, because you see the work ethics that he have.
Speaker 4: It's serious, like serious work ethics, like serious work ethics. And when when he's in the studio, I went, he's on stage anyway, you find run and it's different. One yeah, one.
Speaker 5: And we really appreciate that. As Jamaican, we really appreciate Schavar Rankin.
Speaker 4: But me and him, it is not friends.
Speaker 2: It's not friends.
Speaker 4: We're not friends.
Speaker 2: And I'm assuming yeah the reasons.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm a bad man, but but you don't have to be friends with somebody to respect their work.
Speaker 1: His work.
Speaker 5: I respect his work and everything that he do for the music. And I really respect that from Shovar because the two Gummy awards and showed Jamaica that we can do this. Yeah, and show we as dance out artists that we can do this.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So yeah, I really appreciate Schvar.
Speaker 1: I respect that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he didn't he didn't pick, so that means you picked both both both.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Bush is great but is miserably and is a different attisan. Put I remember and come I said, I love my bike, love my money and think.
Speaker 4: Loved Pamela and dance nothing.
Speaker 1: Them thinking.
Speaker 4: And then he come and said, we're gonna stop cry lock my.
Speaker 6: What joins just wicked?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't mind us ship from there too, dig it up, Ye, let's see what Yeah, yeah, let's see what I got crazy joints.
Speaker 2: He's wicked, so we we're both idea.
Speaker 4: From short to the liver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on, liquor make you let us let us so nas or jay z mm hmm. Really he's not a humming.
Speaker 4: But none of them is different.
Speaker 5: Lyrics now and Jason Lyrics, they're wicked the wicked rappers like seriously, yeah, stop stop, don't don't do that.
Speaker 1: Don't do that the wicked Rappers. Part of them is that both or think you should.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's go.
Speaker 1: Follow cheers, all right, Biggie Smalls or big put you jumped you biggest, smaller, big punk. That's a ni comparison. What are you doing, Biggie Smalls, Biggie Smalls, Okay, got the next one.
Speaker 2: Super cattter Sean Paul him down on this list again because.
Speaker 1: They drunk over there slipping cocaine drunk.
Speaker 2: Just answer Papa song, I won't.
Speaker 1: There's nothing.
Speaker 5: That's not a comparisons. Yes, I love Nancy, but Papa say okay.
Speaker 2: Damien Marty or Stephen Marley. What what are we worded? Junior Gong or Stephen Marley?
Speaker 4: What Junia Dang is the DJ?
Speaker 5: I'm a DJ. Who do you think I'm gonna choose? I love Stephen Marley. It's one of the best producers I know from all the Jamaica. He produced some of the greatest songs, and he produced Damian Marley and all of that.
Speaker 1: It's just wicked.
Speaker 4: I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Drink okay, man, I thought he was going back and then he said, but so Wayne Wonder or Garne that silk seriously that Wayne, you got it back to me.
Speaker 4: But you know what that was?
Speaker 5: Stop don't do that way in Wonder suit all right, that's just like, oh God, that's like you're much fool with.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. There you go, which one is foore?
Speaker 4: You go just just whe you know, worry about it agresses.
Speaker 5: So you're going with ten minute shoes gone and said when in Wonder's my singing?
Speaker 4: I love him, it's great. But Ghane said, Wayne Wonder, come on, I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to mess up this one legacy what he left for us as Jamaican just because waynt Wonder? You sing original song too, but Gan and still sing all origin right one, Jefferson, Yes, you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Do the next one?
Speaker 2: Bess Hammon or Junior reach.
Speaker 6: What the last funny?
Speaker 2: The last?
Speaker 6: The last one?
Speaker 4: What can's uncle?
Speaker 1: Barious? Junior read exactly do that? I told you Columbian over there to can that's uptown? Call that uptown even though it's to the left.
Speaker 2: They do cook.
Speaker 4: Also, are you going to experis Simmon with.
Speaker 1: God? Jesus should have embarrassing person.
Speaker 5: Somebody else's embarrassing gods and that that should have been your first question to read.
Speaker 4: No, you're crazy, No, no, No, that.
Speaker 5: Will never happen. Is the great test levers rock singer. Trust me, I have something, Alton Addis, you.
Speaker 4: Don't know who that is. Don't worrybody, but baris him right, that's that's my that he picked Barus what what.
Speaker 1: He picked?
Speaker 5: I'm not going to do that because Jamaican is going to watch this ship said boat, it's not going to be good for me.
Speaker 1: That's what.
Speaker 2: Respect.
Speaker 1: The junior reader respected.
Speaker 2: Respect.
Speaker 1: Yeahs yeah, I got, I got, I got something Shaggy or snow, that's just that's that's how I love that. That was that was people don't get a call. No, I think that guy was from It was mister Lee Guinea.
Speaker 2: He loves.
Speaker 1: He just looked the Dominican. He had to leave his car. Yeah, Shaggy, Yes, that's not me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love I love.
Speaker 2: My informer was hard to let's be remix with everybody on the.
Speaker 4: Song with me.
Speaker 8: I was on it, oh dude, yeah yeah the Peppasy beat though, right, I've seen this.
Speaker 1: That that remixes.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't think about see, I don't know about peppersy.
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to tell you that Shaggy, it wasn't my antiest good. It wasn't me.
Speaker 11: I didn't say Carolina was his classic Jesus Shaggy, No, you do it, you gotta all right.
Speaker 4: You see Shaggy, all right, I know the low Carlina Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah is uh, I mean, yeah, okay, Well that was a wicked.
Speaker 4: I needn't come, I said, And then I mean about.
Speaker 1: God, you know me right up with God? She up in with me? What God? I didn't come, I said, Tom, and you my mom paid, got you, my mom paid.
Speaker 4: I'm not talking about this big no no for millions records set up the foundation.
Speaker 5: Shaggy is wicked. It's not like us, like, you know, we're gangsters. Other team is like, you know, yeah, but this is there's a difference between Shaggy and well, what's the name of that?
Speaker 6: You said that a straight face.
Speaker 1: He's a dream alumna.
Speaker 4: Love us love Snow. Yeah, man informer was wicked and then you're coming out, we'll do that for you. That was not a song.
Speaker 5: Ship I might behold, I might be them not, but don't take Yeah, I know I was in the remix.
Speaker 1: Thank you, but yeah, what you're not saying.
Speaker 4: But I can't choose Snow over Shot mixing.
Speaker 2: I think Snow would choose Shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, there you go. So this is the last one and then we're gonna go into the interview. Yeah all right, so this is a quick Thomas than he just pished it up. This is the last one. This is the most famous one. Loyalty or respect.
Speaker 5: Ah respect his bullshit, because people can disrespect you even though they respect you. But loyalty is his love and Hannah. So, a man that liar to you will never disrespect you, like never ever. He die for you, would do anything for you. So lionalty is.
Speaker 13: Boss picking Lloyders, I'm thinking, I'm that was a great answer, a great answer.
Speaker 2: He basically said, both.
Speaker 1: Loyalty. If you got loyalty, you're gonna have respect.
Speaker 2: He said it much better I should He said it much better than you just said loyalty.
Speaker 1: No, No, he's just saying it comes with He's saying, somebody liar to you, they kind of respect you.
Speaker 4: Never disrespect him. They were a kid for you. They will fight for you.
Speaker 1: They are we ready to do this shot right now. There's the biggest thing on the internet is it's just two things. In the hip hop world, Yeah, there's this controversy going on between Cam, Jim Jones and Mace. But then in the dance hall world, my word, yeah.
Speaker 12: You do it.
Speaker 2: So in the dance hall world, do it.
Speaker 1: It is the controversy of Beanie Man called King of the dance hall. You have a record for ten years, it's records out.
Speaker 2: No one's ever refuted you. Never, No, you are not the king of the dance hall. No one's never said none of that.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: But there's been a concert on New Year's Eve. I believe, And I wasn't there. Yeah, we know.
Speaker 2: And but was it Bounty Killer that that said to Vib's Cartel. I believe, And he said he's the king.
Speaker 1: Of the damn. No.
Speaker 4: He said, you didn't take anybody crown, your bill, your own, come by yourself. So he cando take my crown. I'm I'm king Kong.
Speaker 1: Fuck why you do it?
Speaker 4: You gotta know this music business.
Speaker 5: And the difference between me and Vibe cart I remember when manure Vibe cart like, when I just know him, is when he was in the classroom Ninja Man and they actually disrespect Ninja Man in stage, kick him down in stage and use a background.
Speaker 4: The community said, and Nja Man.
Speaker 5: Is a bad man. Then that man is in prison for murder. I just want you to know, if you don't know what I'm talking about, that's a bad man, okay.
Speaker 4: And then the next bat month called men.
Speaker 5: This is where my bod friends he called me and said, yo, yeah, for come do this please? I mean, I said do I am said, come chat her under my house. So my girl in my house and there was a Vibe Cortail right did something. I said, all right, what you feel I can.
Speaker 4: Do for Vibe Contailer And they say, yo, anything that's get them punch some shorts, cause nobody I book him, no, and I do this nobody and I do this, and.
Speaker 5: I bring him on my stage. You know I got I got to be there to prove you know that I bring him on my stage right too. I went in the country even wasn't to kill I'm a worried fit Vibe Cotail like, seriously, I redid that.
Speaker 4: And then when.
Speaker 5: Somebody I know that you work for your crown, you do one hundred percent of work and somebody do fifty and want to get a undred don't want to get an hundred percent Tickeys, I don't feel it is right, you know, But I'm not saying no.
Speaker 4: Man, Kim be king. Everybody was born as a king from being all your mom's He's a king.
Speaker 2: Can there be more than one King.
Speaker 5: Of music, of dance out Michael Jackson and King of Pop who else since the king of pop.
Speaker 1: Don't worry.
Speaker 4: I'm waiting.
Speaker 2: Let me.
Speaker 4: You can't answer next week.
Speaker 1: This. Yeah, there you go, But let me ask you. Let me ask you.
Speaker 2: Did you take offense to that?
Speaker 1: Being set on? No curious in mind.
Speaker 5: I can't take offense of that because every man have the right to their own opinion.
Speaker 4: Is your opinion? I can't worry you with you with your own opinion? Is your opinion?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 4: I was crowning king. I wasn't asking for it. Somebody put a crown my head, like and give me some plaques, some big plack like, yes, you've been doing this for all much years and and and that was it. Then all of a sudden you come in and say, yeah, yeah, man resigned that that that's disrespectful.
Speaker 1: But did he say resigned? Did he say? Did he say that?
Speaker 5: Or was it mindset? It might have a king out and new king? I mean, what are you telling you? I just feel like I'm just.
Speaker 6: G b t break it down.
Speaker 3: No, I just feel like we could have multiple kings. You know in dan So, I think you are the king. Yes, you are the top king.
Speaker 1: You are the Bobs Cartel said he's the new king. He said to himself. I thought that I didn't.
Speaker 4: See if you're coming, Yes, I can be the king too, it's no problem.
Speaker 5: Okay m hmm, but there is only one king. If you try to fight the king, the king is going to kill you.
Speaker 1: You know that, right, He's got throw the king right.
Speaker 2: Right here.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: You see the problem is, I'm not fighting. It's a great artist. Like there's a number one artists.
Speaker 4: I'm not. I'm not taking that. I'm not not never will because he's a great artist, he's a great lyricist, and he's a great.
Speaker 5: Recording artists. Yeah, but to be a king, you have to be a people person. Now, you have to be a good performer.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 5: If you're not a good performer and a people person, the hell you're going to be the king or the hell are you're going to talk to the people or the other people is gonna follow you?
Speaker 1: And this is what it is.
Speaker 5: It's it's not like I'm trying to say, Okay, he cannot be. He can be if he be everything. You see, I literally decided for you to say if if if I somebody like this, he's gonna smiter at this because you want what I what I have and this is not what I have, is what I bid it as a person, as a human being, knowing that people need to be respect People deserve performance, people deserve somebody who actually love the music and actually love them. I will go out them perform for free one time, not two times.
Speaker 4: Don't worry about it.
Speaker 5: Promote to get your money, line up, don't don't mess around with the ship. But you know that's how it goes. So I'm not talking about yays. I'm the king of down South forever, nobody. I never tell myself that. Somebody give me a crown. I sing one girl song, pump bit bump floor against while we sex them up to them called me, I'm the girls them sugar.
Speaker 1: That's uh, I'm looking up.
Speaker 4: That's a girl song. It's not I am saying that I'm the king of the dance hall.
Speaker 2: But if you make the girls dance, yes, just cut the beat was like yeah.
Speaker 5: And Tony Kelly produced her son again. All right, sorry, yeah, I'm not fighting. Okay, we'll shot.
Speaker 1: I need a shot. Joins together, Okay, can I get some of that. I'm going to show first time he's been drinking on the show. No, No, he's been talking about.
Speaker 4: I was in New Yeah, out the Eastern Eastern Parkway.
Speaker 1: I was there that.
Speaker 4: Somebody told you.
Speaker 12: I was there.
Speaker 4: And the guy in them shot started coming to Plittburgh like wickedly, like wickedly, like yeah, right way way, and you're cuoping and baying like why are you Puerto Rico. He's saying people Scuba. I know he's Scubay, but he speak Spanish with your the same people. They fling a back of the beer. Wait what they fling? Okay, have to catch you in the bed.
Speaker 1: Back. I told him.
Speaker 4: By man, I don't say ship because I'm gonna go to jail because I don't want to go to Chad. But but pitotboy is he's really a good artist. He's not really he's really your home team, yeah, trust me.
Speaker 1: And he came here, drank a whole bottle by himself, and he came by.
Speaker 2: He came by himself. I like what you said about the Porto Rican, You're right.
Speaker 4: The Puerto Rican guy. Come on there, the fringing buckle. I'm like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: They gonna kill the people.
Speaker 4: Like this and that Anna buff in the crowd and I'm like, what the what they doing? And you know that Jamaicans came out of me and the start telling my boy up on came on my air boy. Yet the air boy I said, oh ship, he's Jamaican. And that was it and people we went back in the car together and he was like, thank you man. I love that because they flinger cannon. This editing when one time they think they're fineing can beer and it's that's when they started to getting block because when he started to disrespect artists, to disrespect me, and I don't do that. You can't disrespect no artists in front of me.
Speaker 1: I remember you helped me down in Jamaica. I don't know if you remember that. I was walking to the stage and you said he was pressing up the weed like this. You said, amen, don't run when Super Doug come on, they're gonna.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm like, I'm like, I'm thinking he's playing Like like.
Speaker 1: I'm like okay, Like he's like like, don't ride him or not gonna come on. So I'm like, all right, cool, I come on. Even the policeman was like, hey, don't chill. So I'm gonna act like guns fire is just normal.
Speaker 4: Just told me, I'm like this.
Speaker 2: You are supercoming.
Speaker 4: He was like, you can say in this hun yeah, everybody fight your shots. What the fucking thing they're going to do when they come to your show?
Speaker 1: They want to show you Like he looked at me. He's not don't don't remember like like like he questioned the week like this, he said, don't run man. I'm like, remember, I don't know what you remember that. I didn't hear him. Remember that. Imagine if you ran off the stage, I would have. I ain't gonna lie tell me. I mean, it wouldn't have been a natural like shout you but shot, it's not coming towards you. Just hearing gunshots abnormal. So I'm like, that doesn't fly.
Speaker 4: Listen, I didn't know that. You remember that?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I shout that. Man helped me down if it wasn't for you, because you told me you looked at me like sy and you knew my lyrics was proting something to me. And I was like, oh ship, And I was like, I don't remember that. I was like, I was walking to the stage. I was like, but do you say shots? I'm thinking this. I did not think that literally shout out and was ready.
Speaker 2: He gave your credibility because.
Speaker 1: He told you.
Speaker 5: Now, I'm like doing that run when the gun chests fighting, shot Gunschest is going to fight, all right, I see by his name.
Speaker 4: Fifty cent came to Jamaica the gun jet fight and you go and I'm like, what the fuck are you doing? Take up the bulletproof bests. They're not gonna shoot you except you. And he goes, I'm taking up the bulletproof vests and oh, fucked up.
Speaker 1: You fucked up the place, you fucked up the place. Scared.
Speaker 4: But this is Jamaica.
Speaker 1: We are bad people. Yeah, I'm sorry to say that. We're.
Speaker 5: Yeah, some of us bunch of bad sex and things behind the tree and things money.
Speaker 1: Ship like that.
Speaker 4: But a lot of good people were good people. Know, we are good people. All of us are good people. All of us who going my mama belly behind the tree.
Speaker 1: We are good people.
Speaker 5: Yes, you know, I'm one of them. Don't worry about it. You just have to know the environment that you're into. You see the environment that you're into, that that's that, that's where, that's what makes you man.
Speaker 4: So it's coming like you've got some chicken and you feed them, and chicken they're gonna eat chicken. Yeah, man, But if you feed them in coin.
Speaker 5: My last is mm hmm, and keep them firm, they're gonna be some body fouls.
Speaker 6: We like the firm.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you, right, you know, social media is a big thing and popcorn like he recently posted your song on I believe he was sitting down and he posted the old song on you and you. I believe he was referring to Gaza.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yes, I think I think they're doing that true, that the contail thingment. He's trying to be King of the dancer. M yeah, tell me about that. That's nothing, okay. You know, I do respect these people.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying I don't respect these people.
Speaker 5: But when you do all your work and you work for this this man, and you get this man up and put him on it the stage where people can actually see him by himself, without you, and then he come back and try to take your type, I don't feel it's right.
Speaker 4: I don't feel it. It's I feel it disrespectful.
Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 5: And yeah, and that's all I have to say about that. But I do respect cat, but m be the teacher, stay in your lane, don't try to jump the bridge.
Speaker 4: But what are you doing? You gotta be you know, staying your land?
Speaker 1: Would you work with them again?
Speaker 5: What I do music, That's what I do. I know age artists and you know just how I'm talking and not disrespecting. Okay, good, there you go. I love artists and and.
Speaker 4: This is my thing that people don't understand about me. I will never do respect of artists.
Speaker 1: Lest this just for me.
Speaker 5: So if you want to go against me, then it's a different thing. You get what I'm saying. But I'm still not going against He was in prison for thirteen years. You can't get a nigga break.
Speaker 1: Hypothetically. Hypothetically before you say that, remember you saying, is it true that he called you from prison? And then the police called you afterward?
Speaker 5: They called me after Jamaican, go what the you're doing? The police had money, t everything, but they call me because they know this nigga got the money.
Speaker 4: Oh so you're the one.
Speaker 5: That supporting I'm like, nigger, who are you all right? We're a cop from God. I'm like, okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: So you don't have a phone.
Speaker 4: Now I don't have a phone.
Speaker 6: You read the life.
Speaker 1: You don't have a phone.
Speaker 5: No, I don't have a phone. I didn't have a phone before that. But my friend go to prison. You got to get through bangers, so I got to bangers whole day. Hell, you know the banger number banker.
Speaker 2: That's wild with the bankers.
Speaker 4: The burner, Yeah, I got it burning phone, Like how they get that number?
Speaker 1: Wild said?
Speaker 5: That mean you have to be listening in an The man called and know who called him? That means you do precate the man number?
Speaker 2: Yeah, constants and.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and.
Speaker 4: This man came out.
Speaker 5: You never called me, never checked me, never called nobody from me, never do nothing nothing like that.
Speaker 4: But thank you for your time, sir. Thank you for your time, sir. And respecting money.
Speaker 5: That's all I got to say to you, because disrespecting me that that doesn't make no sense.
Speaker 4: Why do you want my crown? Why do you want to be me? Nobody can't be you.
Speaker 1: Everybody, every man wants to be the king? Though. Is there is there a respectful way to try to say that I could be a king too.
Speaker 2: I'm asking because this is out of these No, what.
Speaker 6: Makes somebody worthy of the crown? What what makes somebody worthy of the crown?
Speaker 4: From nineteen seventy seven.
Speaker 6: Not you, but people that want to take the crown.
Speaker 1: I was born, he was.
Speaker 4: Let's see what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Performance, yes, please the crap right, please the people. Not only singing song and saying ship and doing that and doing this and doing that. It's everywhere you're going. You got to represent the music, so you do being the king of dancehall.
Speaker 4: To me, it's not just it's not just a tackler. I already have type becers. I'm the girls and sugar, I'm the doctor. I do all of these things already. You get what I'm saying. Just it's not just having a tyckle. It's just being you as a real person. That's what makes you can dancehall. It's not the hype.
Speaker 5: I never hype. I can't hype. I can't do that because I know Johnny hype. I know put the hype. I know every hype in the dance all business. So I don't do whipe like never ever will do ihpe like. I never hype.
Speaker 4: Yes, say that guy come here today. I'm trying to be here for two days.
Speaker 5: I try to left England and then my guyfriend didn't come to the to the airport I fall asleep and then the goddamn VIP so I have to come to Jamaica to find some people to travel with me because I'm tired that work. So today when I missed the flight, I'm like, somebody is working on me. And then we got the next flight and then we're here. Because if I didn't do the show today, I would I'm not gonna say I'm going to go to prison.
Speaker 6: So work ethic as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, this this is it.
Speaker 4: You gotta be firm within the music.
Speaker 5: Okay, gott Today I saw mydija do I sure with our DJ up on the stitche.
Speaker 4: We are Jamaicans.
Speaker 1: We don't do that.
Speaker 4: You don't get eighteen thousand people in front of you.
Speaker 1: Wait, what don't you do? I want to be clearer. Don't do that. So you don't want to DJ, you cant DJ on stage.
Speaker 4: We are downsall artists. We are reggae artists. We do band, we do jumping on bas and guitar and keyboards.
Speaker 1: Live.
Speaker 4: So this is what we do life music.
Speaker 5: And you do not perform for twenty five minutes on your own goddamn show.
Speaker 4: You do not you do one hour? Then you need to juice I guess what are you doing?
Speaker 5: You do and then you want to tell me that you can answers that won't stop. Somebody excuse me, I want to get a knight. I'm gonna step myself.
Speaker 1: You don't want positive.
Speaker 3: So let's say my hypothetical scenario was, let's say the respect level was patched up there.
Speaker 1: You know, on his on his path, and yeah, I love that.
Speaker 5: I love the honor, and then I love the honor. Then but ticula, come on, and then I I actually did the same thing that particular did. That's why I'm not fighting for it. I'm not fighting against him for what he did. I actually do the same thing. I tell the people then that yo, this month, now the next month. And then in front was the money, No, this month is the money. I actually do the same thing at sting. So, yeah, I can't fight that, you know, I can't fight what.
Speaker 1: You see me.
Speaker 5: I'm a loving and respect person. I respect everybody until you disrespect me. Disrespect me there you know who I am. There's just a different thing.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so King of Dance Hall, King of Kings of Dance All Tour, Bounty Beanie Cartel, you'll be into that respect level was what.
Speaker 1: Ambusher. But you're saying what this is? Say white love to performance crazy, I'll be flying.
Speaker 4: Like cap it like.
Speaker 3: That's what we want to see. That's what we want to see. We don't want to see two greats go at it like that.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: But there is two snippets out.
Speaker 4: But they need to leave me alone, leave my crown alone.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's it.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying ship Yeah.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you about because that's one thing is you have a snippet out and it seems like it's kind of like a record a dragon. No, No, it's a snippet. Okay, it's a free style.
Speaker 4: What got a little song? I did a freestyle? This is I'm that damn that person. I don't like when you call and try to talk to me the wrong way. Oh you try to sing a song and talk to me the wrong way? I go but one time, so I find it ready that he's singing the ship on.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 4: It's like when two back and biggest small who shot you that this is not different? This is the same. That's not the same fucking thing. So it's what I'm saying. It's not like you're supposed to say ship and I'm not supposed to say it that.
Speaker 5: That don't make no sense When I say ship, I say ship. So I call a nigga humpty dumpty?
Speaker 6: What he called somebody humpty dumpty.
Speaker 5: I've caught that called him umpty dumpty. I did, and you see it's not it's not disrespect. He just look like I'm to dumpty.
Speaker 4: But it is my friend. He's my auntist.
Speaker 1: I love him.
Speaker 4: Bleaching, yeah, oh God, don't do that. Oh God, I'm gonna wipe.
Speaker 6: It's not like we don't see.
Speaker 1: It's my sweat.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna wipe mice, wipe my sweat.
Speaker 6: Okay, you wiped it off.
Speaker 4: A nigga. Never watch another nigga. What another nigga do? That's what a nigga do. I'm all right, I am.
Speaker 1: Could I get a round of the plus for that.
Speaker 4: Our nigga.
Speaker 5: Never watching that nigga. If he bleaching, bleach, it's that's his skin, that's not mine. If he put tattoos in his skin, is that's his skin that's not mine. I don't got a tattoo and I will never bleach.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I bleach like not sleeping bleach. Do you know I bleach?
Speaker 1: Can you.
Speaker 4: Sleeping bleach?
Speaker 5: I'll be working in a shooter from eight to eight, eight o'clock in the morning to eight o'clock in the next morning.
Speaker 6: Okay, what.
Speaker 1: What what we do? That?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What? This is? What? What?
Speaker 4: This is what I do? I don't care what they do.
Speaker 1: This is what I do. I make music. I do not all right.
Speaker 4: If I'm in the studio, I don't know what time it is.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 2: That's what you mean o'clock, brother, come in and.
Speaker 4: Fucking clock. Not only time?
Speaker 5: All right, our dose out for a hour, not going inside. Those out for an hour, and then I wake up and ready and advice five songs like build them right on the spot, recall them doing the boom, done, everything, harmonies, everything and done.
Speaker 4: And then tomorrow you make the ship and we're good and we all right. But then it's not for me to say what for you not to do?
Speaker 1: But what I do is not.
Speaker 5: It's not technical. It's an ordinary mm hmmm, because that bit of lyrics in my brain.
Speaker 2: You know, write what for what reason?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I got a head from school, you know long I got ahead from school. I'm fifty two years off. It you know, you know Long, I got here from school. Now you know Long, I got a head from school. The fuck I'm going to write.
Speaker 2: He's like, fuck writing. I'm not in school.
Speaker 1: I read at what I'm just saying.
Speaker 6: Of course that's right.
Speaker 1: I said.
Speaker 2: I just signed okay, okay.
Speaker 4: And then I signed that ship and that's it. Why should I write? This is the problem is it's not writing the spelling the song. Spelling the song. You got to beat. You have to beat.
Speaker 1: You got the beat and you go doom.
Speaker 4: Doom, doom, doom, boom joom doom, poom poom poom poom singing, so so you know, gether thet joking.
Speaker 1: This is how you do.
Speaker 7: It now.
Speaker 4: It's not like we were doing.
Speaker 5: And somebody's trying to stop you because that's the way they're doing. And like I see some fans think that they're like they want me to stop d J, like back off from get out of the business, like or am I going to left the business too?
Speaker 1: Or am I?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: Am I going to left the business too? There's nobody that can perform like us. There's nobody that can do what we do. When we're gonna stay that you moved the whole entire audience. We don't move the front of the audience all the side of the audience. We moved the whole entire audience. Are we going to left the music to Somebody showed me that power.
Speaker 1: I make up a lot of words in my life that but on girl Damn Sugar with Maya and Pharrell, Yeah, what the focus is gonna know.
Speaker 5: What that stocks Zach mean big ass, big Assazel Gazelle.
Speaker 2: Gazelle didn't mean it before that or you just made it mean that?
Speaker 5: No, it's mean that before that, before that that I'm at somebody, don't shoot me. I'm a shante. You can't go to Ghana and asked him what.
Speaker 4: I mean and gotcha Yeah damn Sugar.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So if I say zachz I mean the.
Speaker 3: Bitch sha Yes, Well, people saying girls of Sugar before you what? No, I feel like you should that you should have have that coined or something. Oh, I see it copyright. I see it on merchandise all the time, and it's like, how do you feel about that when you see people?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, but you know it's a worry, but you.
Speaker 2: Do want to take it from from the source and then trademark me put it on the.
Speaker 6: Source to the sauce.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: I don't even knowing nothing about that kind of ship. And I'm telling you I love music for music. I don't love music for the money. I didn't know that music was coming with money. I just started saying music, and their money.
Speaker 2: Started caing, well, you're doing it when you were a child, So I did.
Speaker 4: Wasn't know that money was coming. Money. Yeah's just money. Money just came. So yeah, now I gotta manufacture everything. I gotta manufacture some T shirt with scure something jacket with my and the ship. There's built some big billboard exactly look at me now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you said, when you come to music, it's not about making so much money you can make the music, is.
Speaker 1: Right. You gotta love it.
Speaker 2: It's a sacred thing.
Speaker 1: This god.
Speaker 5: Why people don't understand when when you come to music that you have to love the music.
Speaker 4: You gotta love what, what you're doing, what you're into?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 4: What are you singing about? Why are you singing?
Speaker 1: What are you telling me?
Speaker 4: What do you want me to do? You want me to jump, you want me to skip, you want me to roll over?
Speaker 1: But what you want me to do?
Speaker 4: Show this music?
Speaker 5: When I go to a stage show which is not my show, and and and I see an artist on the stage, I go there to see your artists perform.
Speaker 4: I don't go there to see the artists doing bullshit. I'm just there to see you do your guts. I can feel it.
Speaker 8: How do you deal with unruly fans? I did see somebody jump on the stage and try to grab your mic, Like what how do you How did you keep your composure in that moment?
Speaker 6: I give the hands you did?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I do. Take a mic.
Speaker 6: Think that he could just come on stage and just because.
Speaker 5: You want to be beating man, So he's like, b yeah, you're coming like funk, I'm beating in tonight.
Speaker 4: Jump on the stage like okay, there you go. What are you saying?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And then the security kicked them off, and then you you go, that's like okay, you can handle it.
Speaker 4: And then hand iteah, there you go, because you see all right? You see in life you gotta know if all right, if you it's the best worker at your shop, and you said, say you sell a computer and use the best computer, celler you every time you talk about a computer, somebody want to buy it, like ship. This is ship what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Wait, then somebody has come and not talking about the computer the way you talk about the computer.
Speaker 4: Computer. Stop set if you can get read that person sell some radio or something.
Speaker 5: Then you go around there says some stereo do something, because you're messing with my job. So you're going to give them a chance, like, here's a chance to do what you're doing. Try to sell this computer. He's not going to sell it because they're not selling like or you selling it. You're telling everybody about the computer. Everything about the computer, every image, everything about the computer.
Speaker 2: Their passion is your passion.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's why I never played football. I don't know ship about that.
Speaker 1: Nobody you're gonna spook a swiff. You don't spook a slip.
Speaker 4: Nobody give me those swiff.
Speaker 1: You were passions. He've been smoking from.
Speaker 4: Rolling bakerst No collaboration, guys, crazy if if you.
Speaker 2: I got this one, jamake, I smoked by myself because of Jamaicans smoke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't trust nobody.
Speaker 5: You gotta smoke by your goddamn. Can't bet a blunt. You can smoke a blood man, give blunt. You gotta blunt smoke, send down the blunt.
Speaker 1: This is irid, Beanie. This is I grade, Beanie.
Speaker 2: You want to know I'm getting.
Speaker 4: I'm telling let me ask you.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you.
Speaker 2: We know what you're gonna say, but I gotta ask you anyway. What is the best island?
Speaker 1: A lot of pressure. The iugest great hurrit is life. Life. I great life, great life.
Speaker 4: Now the weed that you're smoke, it's a different thing because we change every fucking week.
Speaker 1: Is sk.
Speaker 4: And then you got Chranic. They you got tool.
Speaker 1: This is well.
Speaker 5: The best I grade in the world is life because when you can live your life for what your life world.
Speaker 4: And what your life deserves, that is the highest grade.
Speaker 2: You said the best islands island, the.
Speaker 6: Best island, the best in the world island Jamaica.
Speaker 2: My second part, what's the best island in the world besides Jamaica.
Speaker 6: America?
Speaker 1: You guys by yourself, buddy.
Speaker 2: Dominican, don't don't listen to him. The island.
Speaker 4: What's the best? Right the rights from Jamaica Aston Jamaica, Jamaica.
Speaker 2: I respect that I left Trainingadady, he's like second second place.
Speaker 5: I left training that what I don't eat doubles dog the only doubles. I don't eat nothing that dog, don't you know, Yeah, doubles. Doubles is nice, don't doubles. I tried, already tried like two times.
Speaker 4: But yeah they got trick peas and peppa and ships and flowing ship and it's nice.
Speaker 5: Then you gout next one called trippers. It's nice. But once I show to the dog and the dog down.
Speaker 1: Eat it, he's like that ship.
Speaker 2: Wait talme out, come on, come off, you do dog?
Speaker 4: Dog eat fish? Dogg eat thumplings.
Speaker 1: I never don't wait everything. The dog would eat the double.
Speaker 4: The dog down, Where do you get the double trinidad?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: What I mean like a specific No.
Speaker 4: I was on the roadside on the trip.
Speaker 2: Was the straight dog about your dog?
Speaker 1: Straight up? Uner dog? Homeless?
Speaker 4: Hungry dog said no, I'm not fucking around.
Speaker 1: I see the other day the other day. I swear to God, I can't get me something that someone did.
Speaker 2: Study and even dog McDonald's. And the dog wouldn't eat McDonald So.
Speaker 4: Why should I eat my nuns.
Speaker 1: On Instagram?
Speaker 4: Send me to burger king dog.
Speaker 1: With that? So let me let me ask you, Beanie. When I went to I went JA make a couple of times, yeah, a lot of times, right, But there's really Chinese Jamaicans of course.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: You know, like you got Chinese, Japanese, Continuese, Indian, these theses Japanese. Man, they can they be remember that's a good question actually for us.
Speaker 5: I remember, Chinese have sex, they want to have kids. They can't have anything in China. Any think they're going to come advocates.
Speaker 6: That's I don't regulations.
Speaker 2: All you mean in China?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the yard you can have fifteen hundred.
Speaker 6: They they got yo.
Speaker 1: Thinking. So the Chinese people come to Jamaica, Jamaica, let me tell you some Chinese went outside Actimoty gardens and I went to like a bodega. Chinese man was there, and I was like, he was like, come on, you can't like you know, he was speaking, he's speaking y'all generations. I knew, like the China man was born the cool you know what he did was bond there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: You know what the chinaman did.
Speaker 2: Father was born there.
Speaker 12: You know what he did?
Speaker 7: I came there, yeah and there you go. Sorry, yeah, you know China. He said, yeah, anybody that's not.
Speaker 1: Really that's real. That's what has made it sound like that's you making me. I can't tell you one word that comes from Jamaica. I suck it up, fuck it up. No, you gotta say like up no ChRI yes.
Speaker 4: The only word that the only word I know that Jamaican use. Bombo clot of course, what is a bumble clod?
Speaker 2: It's a lot of things, a lot of things.
Speaker 5: Your hand, the fans have you put on a couple of you ass Yes, it is your bumbo?
Speaker 2: What the singing man?
Speaker 4: It's true, that's what That's what it is. And then yeah, clap who you and your mother?
Speaker 1: Second?
Speaker 4: This is this is a going thing.
Speaker 2: We're talking the worst ship right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what a man telling in Jamaica about your moms. That's a different thing.
Speaker 1: Be ready to fight everybody. We're moving up and.
Speaker 4: We are you talking about something? We have that one you know crazy, it's horrible. That's gonna be wicked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they do.
Speaker 4: It's fun.
Speaker 5: It's coming like a black man calling the next black man, what's up my nigga? And then the white man come and said, that's my nigga. That gonna be funked out.
Speaker 4: That got me nice. They not came out, he said, but your niggas every day.
Speaker 1: No, that's not for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, call me your brether, are your friend. You don't call me a nigga because we've been too slavely for four hundred is.
Speaker 2: My friend was at the airport the other day and a Haitian called him a nigga and he was talking than him.
Speaker 1: He's like, he's like, he put up your wie.
Speaker 2: He's like, I'm here.
Speaker 1: He's like, nigga, Mike right here? What you making bread? The older Jamaicas came out. Drey got into an accident and still showed up.
Speaker 2: Got ya Jamaica's like ah, I ever told the crazy Hood story, saying crazy Hood in Jamaica in the radio no go ahead us. So I was at how can I be down Jamaica in nineteen ninety five?
Speaker 4: I think ninety seven something.
Speaker 2: It was only nineties.
Speaker 4: Can I be down?
Speaker 2: Remember when there was Jamaica? Yeah, culche Rios.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And we went to do a local radio show, me and my boys, and our name of our crew is crazy Hood Productions. So where we go on the radio, they said to say who you are, We're like crazy Hood for actually great and they start giggling and laughing and and saying, oh na and then.
Speaker 1: We're like crazy hook crazy, like oh you know, I know they told those as words and that.
Speaker 2: Was like you basically were saying you was crazy Penis Productions.
Speaker 1: Yeah there was crazy buddy production. It's like it's like, look, we kept saying crazy. You count the name only.
Speaker 4: Years guy, and then you're in front of Jamaicans. Dude, it's not artists. They're now.
Speaker 1: No, there was radio people.
Speaker 4: Hey, you're like crazy looking production.
Speaker 9: I just don't and we're like, you're crazy hunt. They were like, where you from crazy?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Just some guy try looking for something coming out that crazy like.
Speaker 1: Crazy production? Where that crazy?
Speaker 6: You knew that man's stuck with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was fun up.
Speaker 4: In Jamaica.
Speaker 6: Male or females, now everybody.
Speaker 2: My buddy, okay, but they knew, they knew what we man.
Speaker 1: But they was like you guys, you listening crazy other ready you can't do that?
Speaker 4: All right, Jamaica, My team m White. I just said the rocking thing. I want White.
Speaker 15: That's pause, yes, pause White, Yeah, Jim Lincoln, No, we don't want you to ask you in Jamaica. Jesus, that's the guy who want that question.
Speaker 5: All right, all right, I'm going to tell you one thing. Let's go for that Christian site. I saw any music I play. I didn't swear my name.
Speaker 2: He understands that does not Just go over about it, Christian Tory, you don't want to go to his church. His church is Christian, but it's nothing but white people at his church. He goes white church and he life streams at all and he's dominicant.
Speaker 4: He swearing white. He's Dominican, Cominican Island.
Speaker 5: So you Dominican, the all white church. All right, which part of the domin you coming that republic? Ur Dominica, Dominica.
Speaker 6: What you said, Dominican Republic Dominic Okay.
Speaker 4: He's on the other hand, told him, oh you you got that out of all for eighty Yeah, I get you.
Speaker 1: Don't move about it.
Speaker 4: I'm not warring.
Speaker 1: I'm not don't worry about it.
Speaker 4: So Christian's turk sold moved to the last in the name of Jesus, moved to the right, and the name of the Lord.
Speaker 1: Shake that of that Jesus gave shake. That's you don't want, mister.
Speaker 4: He was like, yes, I do, Yes, I do, miss, And you want to the posta behind a Christian woman in the church.
Speaker 1: She starting the puss, like.
Speaker 4: What you don't do that?
Speaker 1: Just in twek they do that.
Speaker 5: They go to church to twork and they put on their best suit too. They come out and they move big like this and the.
Speaker 6: Yeah they do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people people do what they do. So if you're Christian, you go to church to praise to God. But you go to church to funny, you don't go to.
Speaker 5: Church and sit down and by his church like church, what church are you gonna say?
Speaker 1: It's all white people Instagram live and at church. You know they all they all.
Speaker 6: This is not.
Speaker 1: What can church? And go to.
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: You go to Catoe.
Speaker 6: Church had a video there, that's.
Speaker 4: The church.
Speaker 1: Just give me a church. It's yourself. He's got.
Speaker 6: Oh we dished a video there.
Speaker 1: Thanks, so you're going even a pop and all of that.
Speaker 4: Even he got the picture.
Speaker 2: Of the pope in his crib. He did not, Yes he does, he does.
Speaker 1: He got a picture.
Speaker 6: Yes, he said, you have a picture of pope in your house.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's in his bathroom.
Speaker 6: Or at all you.
Speaker 4: Gotta yeah, not down to sid that chucked him. The pope was here, bat you.
Speaker 2: He praised the po When he has to go to the he said, please pop help me.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, man, it's fun being there.
Speaker 1: This's just so let me ask you. Because I'm a foodie. I go to Jamaica. Oay, you take the shot. I go to Jamaica. What am I supposed to eat when I go to Jamaica?
Speaker 4: Okay? Where are you supposed to tell? What you're supposed to?
Speaker 1: What? Where?
Speaker 2: And what's a big island?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 2: Where's a lot of.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: If you want to eat, you eat.
Speaker 1: Swim around.
Speaker 5: We don't call it fish because you called it swimming around. Swim around the fish they're swimming around. They call it swimming around.
Speaker 1: I like call him around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you want to eat some steam.
Speaker 2: Swimmer around. I'm gonna do that now when I go to the restaurant, I like swimming around.
Speaker 1: Please, swimming around.
Speaker 4: You gotta go to the beach.
Speaker 5: If you go to the beach, then you got some some good chef on the beach and and they cook it different. Especially if you come to Kingston.
Speaker 1: You go to a beach and.
Speaker 6: Yeah that's where it's at right there.
Speaker 2: So Kingston got beaches. I thought Kingston had beaches.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, now that they have the highway. There's a highway that the hood certain nice places. Still a big city, but strip of fresh seafood and everything.
Speaker 4: What are you saying? You ain't got no beach? What is he saying?
Speaker 3: He's asking if there's any beaches, a kid, there's any beaches in Jamaica.
Speaker 4: Do not let me come over there. I'm begging now, you see, And it's not only you still because you got out of places around there before you reach you can turn off on the left. But they sell the best seafood, haven't wow, Like you will never get a better at tasting seafood. This is in Kingston, right, yeah, yeah, you got across the bridge. It's like saying downtown to Miami Beach.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right there you go, right, so you go across the bridge and and the beach. You see, got the best, you know, like.
Speaker 6: Our sea is in the whole meat like that fish.
Speaker 2: No no swimming around, swimming around, man swimming?
Speaker 1: Okay, stop sayings. Who got the best vegan food?
Speaker 4: Who got the best vegan? Now you got it?
Speaker 5: Ships, you got itel restaurants. You got everything in Kingston that that is in Kingston. That is nothing that is in Kingston. Like off a tree and cross over the area. Yeah, you get the best.
Speaker 4: Vegan food is that? And then then.
Speaker 5: If you want, if you go to a restaurant and ox a vegan food, the chef can't cook up a vegan food for you any west want, Yes, even though the selling vegan food him said, even sell pork.
Speaker 4: No, no, you can't fire up on that pork.
Speaker 2: You're sucking up.
Speaker 1: Bro, Hey man, I need to learn. I don't eat red meat, so I'm good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fire up pork, yeah, fire bomb if yeah, yeah, that's why I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So you can't go to a restaurant an ox chef for cook.
Speaker 1: Nice vegan food, so you never ate OX selling your life?
Speaker 4: Why should I?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, I just want to ask the question.
Speaker 4: But why should I?
Speaker 1: I'm just saying like that's the national day of the island.
Speaker 2: No, damn, even can't like hockey solfish fish. What we're saying now, swimm around hockey saw fish and yeah, hockey and swim around.
Speaker 1: Swimming around is the national dish of Jamaica.
Speaker 4: Tell me, can't sing around.
Speaker 1: You swim around?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't go sid fish if you want?
Speaker 16: Okay, so your advice best people call it back aloud back, but you know it's also could be used to ways, what's that?
Speaker 2: We sometimes we say the woman's parts. Yeah, no, no, no, you.
Speaker 6: Don't want that. That's watermelon. That's what you want?
Speaker 2: What watermelon?
Speaker 6: Yes, that's a different.
Speaker 5: Subject, Papa, papa, and right all day. Yes, yeah, but I don't do watching and well.
Speaker 1: Stop like.
Speaker 4: You got a big baby. He climbed up tree.
Speaker 2: No you just eat the watermelon and cooking the water pineapple to oh no, the dudes we eat.
Speaker 6: You eat the pineapple, the.
Speaker 4: Pineapple, pineapple, eat the steaky like you eat the pineapple.
Speaker 5: Why do you do you busted papa and take off his seat. I got to see them there right out the front. So you take them on like the pai. Yeah, yes, Papa, I mean papa.
Speaker 6: Okay, Papa.
Speaker 1: Say it like that.
Speaker 4: It's something better, say it again again.
Speaker 5: So that's how you do that. That's a nice fruit. Yes, yeah, man, that's a nice fruit. And I I don't do what you're talking about. I know why you were talking.
Speaker 4: I wasn't talking about it, timber watermelon, just eat it.
Speaker 1: Shut up.
Speaker 6: Right, I'm taking a shot. I think he needs some more back up.
Speaker 2: But what you are you worked with Janna Jackson?
Speaker 1: Yes, I do. That was on the same studio together, the same you know, we did the videos together. Okay, yeah, because the problem is.
Speaker 4: Jermen, we're never allowed to come around me because.
Speaker 1: So you only met each other at the video that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, we.
Speaker 5: Don't want to talk about that. The vision was good, shoots was nice. They was nice, best stay.
Speaker 1: Everything was good.
Speaker 4: Everything.
Speaker 1: I have no idea what I don't know that do your toast.
Speaker 4: From the troid to the liver come on liquor.
Speaker 1: That is quick there, right, So you arguably been into the game for four decades, right, if you could pick what, which decade that's your back?
Speaker 5: Ninete the nineties, Yeah, from ninety two to two thousand and nine.
Speaker 2: Whoa, that's a that's a good era is Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's porn in a decade, But I respect you. He's a decade plus.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that that that was the last time I get Artists of the Year two thousand and nine.
Speaker 2: So he ended it after that, He's like, no, no, there's not no good after that.
Speaker 4: What more you're going to do?
Speaker 1: List after the Grammy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I went to Grammar two thousand. Yeah, this is after the Grammy. But what more you're going to do? You can just sing a song and it's another its song. That that's it.
Speaker 5: It's not like you're gonna make your first its song and our people is gonna generate to the song more than the first song. I generate to the song more than the second song. Is what else he gonna do? This is what you're doing. You're keeping your name seeing all right, I'm in Jamaica and and I'm going to the parties. And then I mean being all being the man sim Sima, king of the dancer.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have to go slap.
Speaker 1: Slapped him.
Speaker 4: This is why it is. And I went down and said, lo ship, but I'm going to put in the dancer. And I go like, I've never bought a I'm a never plick up pet. I said, oh the one back on chack.
Speaker 5: Grab everything we have, you know, my god, So I don't tell me I got about mine.
Speaker 4: If you did them, send me. I have me a glass. Buy me when I leak something up my glass?
Speaker 5: Got them six because them So when they're like we started to let boy for chuck off car and all, but you get me out here and I see coming different care now, then I wonder when I thinks them so that one can on me us there brought me out in the.
Speaker 17: Dirty clean all right. You see, all right, we know little ship like that.
Speaker 5: It meant people know where you're coming from and make people know who you are, and many people know what firmly is and what you're thinking you're thinking about life because I've never boke at you and I never picked up I'm not that teeth.
Speaker 4: But man, I can't said that the other time.
Speaker 5: Coming on God, Yeah, this is a goes when you when you when you're making music, you're making music, when you're making music, yes, you have to get into yourself exactly, and you have for get into your head.
Speaker 4: You have for news that fuck this is no fuck that, fuck that, fuck that, fuck that. Okay, here we go boom.
Speaker 1: But let me ask you something. Right you know today?
Speaker 2: Uh, like I said, I was studying your music for all these days, knowing that you was coming up. But today we had a twenty three year old kid come hang out and work out with us. Yeah, and as we're playing your music, this dude knew every single record of yours.
Speaker 1: A twenty three year old. Oh then that's great. Like I'm like, wow, did you did you purposely make global music? Or what's this now?
Speaker 4: Your purpose. Now you're doing purpose in that global music.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: The problem, man, is the music that you you learn to sing music from, it's global music. So the melodies and the sounds and everything that you use is that's what it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Hm.
Speaker 4: So if you come and says, she don't really need a friend, she don't need that type friend for it's global music. So you literally making music everybody. So you're not only making music for your turf. You're making music for your turf. It's turf, your turf, your terf.
Speaker 1: It's everything.
Speaker 4: You're making music for everybody. So if you're actually go and sit down there and go, yo, yeah, pope, come a nigga won't say. A nigger nigga won't say, and they're gonna shoot there in the face here in the.
Speaker 1: Day you want to get, you know, I'm gonna sign you right now.
Speaker 2: This is me.
Speaker 1: This is what we do.
Speaker 5: So if you want to go, okay, let the people dance the go I want you dance and they're fine again on the streets, and.
Speaker 4: Who are dancers in it? One day invited him. I don't know why black Wiz love it. Don't even borrows, just fine and you're saying and you're dancing.
Speaker 1: Music, we're related to it right now, way doing this.
Speaker 4: This is what I'm saying. This is music so people can rock.
Speaker 1: You can't be shooting every.
Speaker 4: God time day. You can't be young bagging every god time day.
Speaker 1: You have those gunman tunes, and you have those tunes and you have those girls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but but everybody listened to music.
Speaker 1: So he was too.
Speaker 5: Hurt my bullets, my guns now no no. And if you're this bad man, your blood will have to run yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And if you're like a scratch, then your life don't badman's shot posing for fun. If it's me, I'm a gun badman, blach with it, sleep with it. We are co much with it, and go straight with it, not leaving it, not losing it. That that don't that.
Speaker 5: Don't say that is recommending me for to be the best man in the world. I'm just recommending music to people that love at the music. So when we got man a bad Man with kid Man Monk and this, and we got.
Speaker 1: Memories, they remember you music.
Speaker 6: This is music memory.
Speaker 5: So it's not really a fire gunchat for money your fire gun chat to people.
Speaker 3: Bring but okay with that being said to because your influence is powerful, and even in some souns that you have, you're saying that like you have pressure for them, for them saying to stop singing those gunsuns.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course, because I'm the guys from sugar. What do you think my girls is gonna cry for me?
Speaker 3: Get finished finishing. I'm just saying, like, did you have that pressure? That pressure?
Speaker 1: What was it like?
Speaker 5: That's all I said until the day more gallic mind and we had to gather in my child and they got them, get in my tree plant on the tops to those times of Chians and galla blah, gallic wide, galislay and galle loose on your life.
Speaker 4: And cause them like we had to gather them. You have to do this and then they go, welcome the girls.
Speaker 1: It's floating right now. I'm taking a shot. I'm sorry taking a shot. I'm going with you.
Speaker 5: Take you get what you you have to know when to please the fans, because you're singing for your fans.
Speaker 4: You're not singing for yourself. You're singing for people so people can love the music and people can love you for who you are. Trust me, you yeah, that's thinking.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you right, God comes down before, God comes down before good. I feel when God comes down, we're ending.
Speaker 1: Came down, God comes down, There comes down.
Speaker 9: Go go there.
Speaker 2: Let's take this drink really quick.
Speaker 1: This is to be real. Leg hold on, let me give you your flower, real legend man. Let me just tell you something, like you always every time I go to Jamaica, you always was around holding me down, being a good man to me the time.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 1: I told you, I like, I was like the last three times before I meant my white heart there and Beanie Man and he's a dawn bro. Like what did I tell you?
Speaker 2: I said, He's like you got to see him in Jamaica, Like he's a dawn on the dawn.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, King the King like for real, always come through.
Speaker 4: King got nothing at me.
Speaker 1: So I want to thank you. Thank you for coming to this show, but thank you for being who you are. Thank you for being the legend that you are. Like when I research your history, knowing that I can see that you my friend. Yeah, when I researched your history, I didn't know about you coming out since ten years old. I didn't know about the baby years old. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Let me give you that timesI music since I was five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hold up one years old?
Speaker 4: Whe in that didn't?
Speaker 2: That don't.
Speaker 4: But I started music since I was five. Five really for me, for really, I started building Comma what I just told you that I was against Michael Jackson.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I started music since five. I started to do that thing. But saying the start from I was five, But what's he doing? I try to tell you that listening to what I'm saying, definitely all this. You call Papa soon near and he said he's the one that this is my coach and generally Trees is my coach.
Speaker 1: And yeah, respect that's the yes.
Speaker 2: Before we get out of because I want to ask the sound systems, the sounds, the people that were moving in Jamaica making you guys the stars. Yes, does that still exist today? What like the Stone Loves et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 4: What we live in Jamaica.
Speaker 5: We do dance every night Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and when the first day sat again Sunday Sunday every day in Kingston, Mantica Bay, that's all the main city in Jamaica.
Speaker 4: This is what happened.
Speaker 1: We party every night. Not not me.
Speaker 4: I can't do that here. No, No, I can't do that. Ship sometimes sometimes I got out, No, but I work. That's what I tell you. I read write truth. I don't ease up right now.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm making a new album and I gotta make some radiums and ship and yeah, very this is exclusive.
Speaker 4: Nobody knows this ship? Oh sorry, why do I say that?
Speaker 2: The exclusive here right now? What what exclusive do we have right now?
Speaker 4: Oh god, I can't say that.
Speaker 1: Treat. This is a sound, this is list.
Speaker 4: The problem is somebody gonna catch the many. Please, I can't do that. I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: He has a new album coming out, a new album coming out.
Speaker 2: Independent, Yes, independent.
Speaker 4: Too, I'm I'm independent.
Speaker 2: He just melody right now?
Speaker 1: VP.
Speaker 2: No, no, people, we're brother Jamaican too.
Speaker 1: Bro the.
Speaker 4: You're this Christian and his sister and it's a victim and all of them. The chins are still there. Okay, there's nothing you can do. Just you see I learned karate because the change. Yeah yeah, he's like that was somebody.
Speaker 2: People love.
Speaker 4: Arateop just don't wickedest thing. So we ain't gonna come out. The chains stay wicked about them.
Speaker 5: They they love music. But I love money, money music. So they went money from you and give you what you're supposed to get.
Speaker 7: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: That's why you're supposed to get.
Speaker 1: They give you what you give they want to get. Okay, this is.
Speaker 5: Difference, and I love them because they do a lot. They didn't want to distribute them songs.
Speaker 1: All of these. Yes, pp it's on there what they're done. This is my joint right here.
Speaker 2: You picked both of these now looking at but this is the joint right here.
Speaker 4: That's the ship.
Speaker 2: You know, this is the joy.
Speaker 1: This is ship.
Speaker 2: Take back your record, beat man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you see this, this is this is my label, Vibes House, my labor.
Speaker 1: What's the name of it, Vibes House, Vibes House.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was my labor. I changed it.
Speaker 9: This was.
Speaker 1: I'm not but you got these.
Speaker 5: These are the nice songs, like you know, nice songs. They put out a nice label, like be nice to my record.
Speaker 8: Like this.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to do that. I'm not going to that. You're crazy, all right. So the guys, I see, I didn't bring ore with the you know what I mean? Believe you all goodness?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: So you understand what I'm saying. You said, that is that the joint?
Speaker 1: Bro, this is the joint. Yeah, you're breaking it. I love this record.
Speaker 2: I love this record.
Speaker 6: Right, you gotta sign him, right, yeah, you sign.
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 4: The invice and fight head. So I got your stand on the kind of you and gall I tear off.
Speaker 1: Your memory is fantastic. What hold on?
Speaker 6: Hold?
Speaker 2: You just made me think of a question. You want his record back? But real question, real question? How do you think it's different?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: How hard is it for an artist in Jamaica because you guys are writing on the same rhythm? Yeah, right, rhythm for us here for them there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's the same beat and watch the dry help the culture, the culture.
Speaker 2: Hold on because I don't want to divert from what I'm asking them, because the thing is is that they're basically making their own songs to the same beat, but only one rises to the top, like really rises to the top.
Speaker 5: One get numbering, but the rest of them get popular because that one song.
Speaker 2: It helps everybody, but it becomes like a mountain, but there's only one at the top.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 2: So how does how does that like, how does that divert from what we're doing over here?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: They see.
Speaker 5: And in America, people make one song to one beat, one song to one beat, song to one beat, one song to one beat. So if you become a superstar, you're the only one in that beat. So that's not eving nobody in Jamaica.
Speaker 2: You're helping everybody. I'm sorry, did I answer to fast that bad?
Speaker 8: But there's only but certain songs that become like global and commercial as far as like dancehall songs.
Speaker 2: Yeah one, but for them if if you can make the one rhythm, but then everybody underground you're helping.
Speaker 1: If you hold Brook had the song than Castle Bay now Jamaican underground, that's that's rhythm.
Speaker 5: People think Jamaica is on an underground, but Jamaica on the Old Caribbean and the old Caribbean community, Africa, England, everywhere. Even every song you make, every song you make Canada ever with so every song you make is international. Not because you, as the American person that know the American music don't know it. American people know it. So this is the Jamaica ghals. So what when I'm gonna go watch remember get.
Speaker 4: Experiment.
Speaker 5: Now you got enough Jamaican artists who has not been knowing. But this song is bigger than him. Face because I've never seen psyet. So you have soun like lady, lady, lady, why do you all dear? It's so you know that sounds all right? Johnny that oh sing that sound?
Speaker 6: See I was about to say, I don't know that's wrong.
Speaker 5: See this is a problem because back in the days, people never used to make music. See man said, girl, I've got a day, and that's just mean I can't still it.
Speaker 1: Oh, in my.
Speaker 4: Life I've been wanting you good, not just once or twice.
Speaker 1: Tell me that's how I am free?
Speaker 4: Like a bird indust tree. Who's seen that song?
Speaker 1: Idea? Who saying that song? I don't know say that song? Everybody got a day?
Speaker 4: Gotta day?
Speaker 1: Google Google, you can't get it.
Speaker 6: I'll turn that is.
Speaker 5: I can tell you the name, So I turn that is. I'll turned Ellis sing that song. Yeah, oh you said you all right?
Speaker 4: Said this is what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You see, the song is bigger than the artist, right because nobody knows who the artist is.
Speaker 1: So you see, if if, if, if you're.
Speaker 5: An artist, the best thing you used to do is work art in the studio, on art in stage.
Speaker 4: So people can remember who the damn remember who you are?
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 4: Which one of you know?
Speaker 2: Tiger c Y g A or.
Speaker 6: Switch Tiger were talking about.
Speaker 4: From Jamaica a party and you will gather? I said, like, who knew that?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: This is what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: We're in class right now. People, let's pay attention.
Speaker 5: So you gotta know that you said the music it's not it's not it's not supposed to be what God man, we maybe.
Speaker 4: That may made that right up America.
Speaker 1: Tiger to Tiger, he was he had the m and says that, bro, you want to sound like me?
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, but you gotta know these things you see all right? You see dance ound music. It's a sweetest music in a word.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: I've been to place where people don't know what they're supposed to expect when it comes to dance music.
Speaker 4: And when I go on the stage, you start to do this, it's crazy.
Speaker 5: People start to rock with it, people start to move, people started gool, people start. It's a different thing. That's why I tell you it's a different dna. You see, hip hop. Hip hop got his own DNA.
Speaker 8: You know that.
Speaker 5: Let's see will not be here. You just find a fucking melody and go boom on the right beat and say funk that.
Speaker 4: The niggas.
Speaker 1: Hey it, and you see you can't sing that song forever.
Speaker 4: Forever.
Speaker 1: How many babies you think you made to your music? You like, how many babies your music you think made? Yeah, just walk into babies. Give me they.
Speaker 4: Never made that made Stop stop cause you like the Teddy pinograph that dance because you see, I'm the guys im sugar. So if you sing.
Speaker 2: Songs for the lads, all right, does girls them sugar mean like sugar daddy.
Speaker 1: No, you're not tricking. You're not tricking. He didn't mean the sugar on that side of it.
Speaker 6: The other.
Speaker 1: You got you got somewhere here.
Speaker 2: You don't have to let me go. I'm gonna give in the game.
Speaker 1: He said, that's water right there. I can see you sigas the water.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking, you know, excuse me, I'm gonna you the liver. Yeah, come on, Nicka, that's.
Speaker 2: Cret the boiler. I leave it that.
Speaker 1: So God comes down from Earth, Okay, I forgot about that. I mean from heaven.
Speaker 4: Came from God is not from earth like you said.
Speaker 1: I mean heaven. And then he says to you beating man? Yeah, but what what I shaid?
Speaker 2: His gun talking to him? Man, I do want to know this.
Speaker 1: He's definitely talking to Australian.
Speaker 2: You's not.
Speaker 1: He's talking yard. He's talking y'all, God says meanie man. Yeah, you get one chance to make one with the one song? Yeah, any producer, yeah, and any feature dead or lie.
Speaker 2: What it could be the King of I can see him. I don't know why Michael Jackson and him, in my mind had his record together the same dansert.
Speaker 1: Do two artists?
Speaker 4: Michael Jackson about money.
Speaker 1: You can pick he's like producer who's producing? Oh? God give me?
Speaker 5: I would produce it myself, but I can't talk to talk about myself. Seven phraise is no recommendation. I don't do seventh phrase. I don't do that, Okay, Stephen money, you give me that, Stephen Morley, Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you got you got, you got Michael Jackson and Bob Molly and Stephen he got it. Go to God, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 4: I don't remember names, and I'm I'm I'm mad man. All right, you got to produce me a Christy Jones Peace, Stephen Christy Jones. You no, no, no, recod music, record music me classic American music. Yes, that would be a beautiful combination.
Speaker 1: Michael Jackson, Bob Molly Bean.
Speaker 4: Jones record, I don't talk, don't talk.
Speaker 1: She wouldn't get on the record. You gotta get on the record.
Speaker 2: You've got it on the record.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking the record right now.
Speaker 5: All right, Steve Money, I think I love having producer in Jamaica. See King Jammys is one of the best ages. Dancehall producer Barba Dixie is dead right now.
Speaker 4: God rest his soul. Okay, all right, we what we could have stinging the nineties, shocking vibes, three Blue weekedness thing we kill. Everybody don't know about it. Nobody feels like they're bothering us nothing. They're both of them. Nobody like that's why.
Speaker 1: Ever.
Speaker 5: They just want to know it. We kill the nineties, We'll kill it. But you got Boba Dixon, Digital b he produced Cone It silk, all of these people even make all of these artists like she's just curssed Leroy Gibbons that Oh God, Roba Dixon, I bless you every time, and I'm glad it.
Speaker 4: There I met you.
Speaker 1: See then you have Bravo is Bravo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bravo is the one of Bill Campington.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, they look good.
Speaker 5: Yeah right now you know what I'm talking and to over taking. Yes, So you have Brad, but then they have King Jammys. Then they have Uncle Te Uncle Tu one articular see, and then they have Bonnie Lee, Bonny Striker. He's the one that really span God, God rest his soul to you know. But you see when they come to music, they got some people that got a arm God, they got a famula for it. You have some people after I have people forget the formula for the music where they're more produced them to ever know what in my produce somebody that already all right, man, I get some money, advice them, pany them. They know where that I produce them? The God, you see, if they know what they have, I know, the gold and the diamond that they just get in the first place, they will they'll be good in this life. And the music reggae music and dancer music would be the pop music of America.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's well, see you singing.
Speaker 4: Because they don't know what they have.
Speaker 5: All right, look at this, all right, somebody come and say, all right, my friend comes from Africa.
Speaker 4: What's his name?
Speaker 1: Two face?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Anikova said, you are my African queen, the girl of my tree. I love you in the winter, I love you in the I bring him off first.
Speaker 4: Oopo felt ba. If I give another maniaro the reason why I say it fell a Bau. I got some conscience by MYSELFE have a lookout of mine, Almighty God, who never give another mansa?
Speaker 5: Who now man tell what to say? I'm gonna get my so gotta bless no mine because this is his first song. Then everybody now wonder who's just coming from? Where the music coming from? Then I started search from letting them find him, driving me a look apiece that tread and drying me and I'm bringing me And then.
Speaker 4: You have one of the biggest things in the world. It can't stop playing. You are my African girl of my tree. I show you see. People don't understand when they come to music effort.
Speaker 5: Oh God, right, that's some music come from it don't come from nowhere, but they play it, but they listened to it, but they sing it, but they write it.
Speaker 4: But anything about it. When it comes to music, music is from the heart.
Speaker 1: But how do you link with the neptunes, nephtunes, neptunes.
Speaker 5: No, but Nephew was the youngest thing that there was making music all about.
Speaker 12: And I'm like what.
Speaker 4: The boy but didn't making music all about? I'm like what?
Speaker 5: And then I called version and he said, okay, I need to make a song, and they say, what kind of song you have for me? I mean, I said, Moore, I'm mixed sim simon girls, I'm sugar, and I wonder as one record, as one record sim Simma beating one of the girls and sugars.
Speaker 1: But I need to beat.
Speaker 5: I can't find the goddamn beat. So patcheck Moxie, Yeah, Patchet Moxie.
Speaker 4: He called me. He said, end up the team, let me still that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like what.
Speaker 4: I mean, we're telling you out nept and dead. And then you know he is. It's the very cocky guy that about him.
Speaker 1: What studio is this right track?
Speaker 4: No, it's what what sound on sound the next Tuesday?
Speaker 9: Name?
Speaker 1: Not Thatdy's House? No, No, not Unique, not d n D. He stopped that stop. I mean, man, he didn't work at the Hood studios.
Speaker 4: It's right, it's.
Speaker 1: Miami, Yeah, you know, in the lactory in Miami. Because that's when he started you in the beginning, he got, yeah, yeah, yeah, y you know what you got?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yo, you in the.
Speaker 1: Beginning for around.
Speaker 2: Yo, what are you doing? Man?
Speaker 1: Know you're right, that's the that's the beginning. Yeah, the tracks at that, he blew up. Yeah swaying, dude, damn you what year was this? Did you see what?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: You saw that? He's right, He's right.
Speaker 4: You know you sat talking direct questions, talks a way.
Speaker 1: It was what year was? That is real? Talks me what it was?
Speaker 4: What year it was?
Speaker 1: It was? I love that year.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm like, dad, it was the best said.
Speaker 1: And that it had to be ninety nine thousand. It was it infected for me or not? No, no, no, in fact you knew heye ninety dear, that's my year.
Speaker 14: Bro.
Speaker 4: You know when.
Speaker 10: I totally forgot you because I look got I don't know, I say wrong, got something cheating for you that makes sense? And we got to drink shot.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry, you can't chance.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 4: And you go buying playing for I'm buying playing.
Speaker 13: Like what?
Speaker 4: And he goes and he's going to the studio. This nigga going to the studio. This man going to shoot and sim simmer, Sim simmer, sim simmer, and you go and say you gotta send girls and sugar and this sweet. I'm like what and this is the song? And then I see this Indian girls sit down the shoe that I don't know who the Indian girl was. That's Maya.
Speaker 16: Mayay, I mean Indian girls in my age, she's the Indian girl.
Speaker 4: But I see this. I'm just saying, no, she's an American. So you know that the ship spelled different.
Speaker 5: You know, American they talk different, you know they they they don't say that. They don't do these I don't know, makeup crazy people.
Speaker 4: Americans don't d why you don't do d fhiitty.
Speaker 1: Like fitty.
Speaker 5: Don't they don't do teas. Sorry, I get it wrong when they don't do teas. Fitty Philly like Philly is fifty cent. Do not say fitny you lost.
Speaker 4: No Americans say phitty phitty cent, it's fifty cent.
Speaker 2: Some of us still say fifty.
Speaker 6: It's pity.
Speaker 1: Don't makes don't say three. It's that tree.
Speaker 4: Making known sense free.
Speaker 1: You put the tongue between your team.
Speaker 2: You don't say three o'clock.
Speaker 5: True clock, Jamaican open the mount and dark a trie clock that they're known it's three old clock.
Speaker 1: Exactly that they don't do that ship. What are you doing? People?
Speaker 4: The people that go to the Universal City ain't got it with too much diploma.
Speaker 2: University means college. I've learned that university. I learned that basically, I didn't know that. I didn't know that.
Speaker 18: University, college, university. Two weeks ago university.
Speaker 5: I was like, somebody English, listen, you expect somebody in Jamaica.
Speaker 4: Tell it is three old clock.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, three o'clock.
Speaker 4: Yeah, te clock, tree clock, four o'clock, what time?
Speaker 1: No two o'clock?
Speaker 4: But one my get up.
Speaker 1: This is how we is.
Speaker 4: We are drinking all right. You see the problem is we build our own language.
Speaker 5: We never get it from nobody at times. Really, so what we do we put the English and the French and the Spanish together and beating them.
Speaker 2: But that's why it's got Spanish.
Speaker 1: I don't know about French. I don't English everything. Yeah, I didn't know that. I didn't know. I know about the English.
Speaker 2: And uh so you think you know what's funny. You know what's funny that I saw today that it said that Patois is English creole, yes, which makes sense with what he's saying right now, which makes sense which what he's saying right all right?
Speaker 1: Is he all right?
Speaker 4: Let me tell you something?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: You see, Jamin can't bad word sorry, cruise and woman accessories.
Speaker 2: Everything is a boombo or boomba blood cloud?
Speaker 4: Is you know what come around? Blood? Blood clod?
Speaker 1: You know what you're making bad word?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 6: No, your blood oh your blood clots?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you get a blood clot that comes out of there. I mean blood class. I'm just saying, real life woman book, what's happened, yes, but yeah I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying that what happened.
Speaker 5: Them down the sanitary thing never then sat in my father cloud. It's man superior, but not all doing a woman.
Speaker 19: No, he's a blood clot No no, no, not that cloud like cloud, like physically cloud, I'm clear from like blood clos So what.
Speaker 5: I'm saying, So what I'm saying, one more cloud? Yeah, I think that about that boy, go away one but your near kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just came in.
Speaker 1: Happening blood clock on your butthole?
Speaker 6: Is that happening though?
Speaker 1: Boom boy, boom boom boy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, an emergency I never had I'm coming out of my ass.
Speaker 2: He said, in case of an emergency, women, you're ship.
Speaker 4: Oh because if.
Speaker 11: We I don't know you had an epiphany. No oh yeah, yeah, everybody, what is the matter that is not maybe spicy food, that's not.
Speaker 4: Telling people make them time? So his wipe up.
Speaker 1: I get what.
Speaker 4: People.
Speaker 5: I'm telling them the end of them time they went and build their words. Yes, that was like fourteen something. So these are the things that people have to understand about Jamaican. Jamaican people, we make our own words and then other people turn it into bad words. It's not bad words, it's the right words because at the time there was nothing there to say.
Speaker 2: It's clear right, all right.
Speaker 1: I guess some too, Piers.
Speaker 4: That's why we use too stick. White people use to sick because there's no toothpas mm hmm. You don't know, ship, but.
Speaker 1: Don't you putting? Really? Kevi is like I'm going in.
Speaker 4: Utick because there is no I love it.
Speaker 1: Some time.
Speaker 4: There is no tooth brush. You're putting the brush your teeth. There's no just say you have a tooth stick to to too stick and and the wicked thing.
Speaker 5: It is the clearest thing today because the bubbles and the rest of fear and them them don't stop too sick because them cleaning them teeth right.
Speaker 4: True, this is the problem. So it's not like I put tooth piers from the tool.
Speaker 5: Bus on the ground. Yeah, yeah, you're over something. What I'm saying, it's not like that. The what they what they're doing right now. So it's it's a difference. So a lot of people that talk about things and.
Speaker 4: I don't know what this means.
Speaker 10: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: You got a pigure. Let me ask a question one second.
Speaker 3: Would you ever do a collaborative album with hip hop artist Damian Marley? Did one with nods with distant relatives and.
Speaker 1: I do music? What you said, I do music? That's a good question. We want to know.
Speaker 4: No, man, I do music. Just trying to do.
Speaker 1: What what what?
Speaker 4: He said something as savage bad bunny not.
Speaker 5: His bunny, that I did a song and dynam already Yeah with how we do album and day.
Speaker 1: And weel what.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you someone this song beginning their names. I would know the song, but.
Speaker 6: No name.
Speaker 2: Kendrick Lamar, Kendrick and Beanie.
Speaker 6: With Crazy.
Speaker 1: Jake.
Speaker 4: If if you ever watched his interview.
Speaker 2: Listen Beanie. If Kendrick is watching his interview, what would a collapse look like sound like?
Speaker 1: At least give us some little come on? I can't you want me to freestyle?
Speaker 2: Please please, bro, please the freestyle, please please please Yo, this is meaning.
Speaker 4: Man and all right, good sheavy, there we go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, this is being a man and Ken Drick Man and everybody got your new separate from the place, and everybody turned down them care around musical player. Everybody moves them but the biggest but the superstar polls. If you're listening, please don't check in. But man that you don't you know when I reckon, mister dad, gookie stop stop stop mister.
Speaker 1: You turned me off. Yeah, you know that's on you. I mean you're listening to me. Give me the four you go you go for to try.
Speaker 2: Stop you doing like this?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but down south see everywhere, you know, but Monday, I'm not top ranking killing people up on ne Bunking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Swiss must walking now second, I'm ready for that ship. Don't don't don't say again, I ain't saying it. Mm hmm. Alicia Keys, Alicia, Alicia, Alicia Keys.
Speaker 5: I'm sitting then. I think she's the best thing in the world.
Speaker 6: Together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really.
Speaker 6: The fession performing arts, I was kitchen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I think she's the best singer in the world.
Speaker 5: You don't play any woman that can play a piano and sing at the same mother fucking time.
Speaker 1: Nigga, what are you doing?
Speaker 5: Of course, learn it Learn Learning meant the best album. I don't know what fucked her up, but she is my sting and I love her son because that kid.
Speaker 2: Yo, her son is off the cha.
Speaker 4: The money is.
Speaker 5: Stop the cat the chair, and the money is broll.
Speaker 4: She got two sons. You got Gion, who's the one performed.
Speaker 2: He's killing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you go.
Speaker 2: Baltimore on it.
Speaker 1: All right? You said both of them are killing it.
Speaker 4: A dog.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 4: Look on me. Look for me. She's my only singing. If if she's not my only singing.
Speaker 1: I love learning.
Speaker 4: I love learning too much.
Speaker 2: This this.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not gonna cry. It's gonna come up.
Speaker 2: We're star that's real ship.
Speaker 4: Though I want to come my minds. I can't do this ship. Just give me a minute.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try one, two three.
Speaker 4: Learning.
Speaker 5: She's the first woman in America, in America, does that mean in this this country, this country of America. She's the first woman told me that you it's going to be superstar. She told you that, Yes, she told me this five. What are you talking about? This is before where here.
Speaker 2: Not where you can Before that, she told you that, what are you doing before she's a superstar, she tells.
Speaker 4: Your advertising really.
Speaker 2: Before she is superstar, she tells you your superstar.
Speaker 1: Trying to tell you this that I'm a superstar from.
Speaker 5: I'm a Superstar from nineteen ninety two, before she is she Mama superstarar from nineteen ninety two. I repeat myself when you know, learning it from Boogie Dune. The argument man.
Speaker 1: Will help me out to as well.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm a superstar from nineteen ninety two, when me and Dougie fresher this time and put you before that.
Speaker 2: Bro, let me get some bullied, bully crazy son.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about superstar. You have to have super maniga start like white people radio, because I'm not gonna lie a lot of white people like they know your music.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 1: What because like when I work out in front of my neighbors, there's a lot of white people. I can only play Bob Molly. I didn't realize Bob don't really curse. But then I played with your music for three days and they can and they were like, they were like they walking.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh no, this thing is.
Speaker 1: This thing is global. Yeah, they didn't know you about mind They don't know. Yeah yeah, yeah, white people think. But the way I do.
Speaker 4: If I'm on school where I do?
Speaker 2: Is there any ship?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I took minds already anything. I don't want to tell your fans.
Speaker 4: I just want to tell my friends that you can take that shot though.
Speaker 1: Fans.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he gets more vicious and he wrote someone from.
Speaker 2: The visious too little visuous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do that.
Speaker 14: Your little love to change freak friend you wrote, Doug you fresh fresh, little viious.
Speaker 4: Looking is my artist.
Speaker 1: Back?
Speaker 4: And then down a Van Thomas. He was a producer of Little Vision and he brought him to me and Jamaica. He's from Jamaica.
Speaker 6: No, I don't know from Jamaican.
Speaker 8: Bolynce is Jamaican, Yes, yeah, yeah, Americans, but.
Speaker 1: Child stall so it only makes right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but now you go, And I said it want a song.
Speaker 5: So I was in the studio and I was doing I Want You Down, So being the fighting again on the streets and been well done since the Amanda Tiger.
Speaker 4: Nobody left for I don't know why black Widz. I love it.
Speaker 5: So they they followed to me and said, I need to do a song that the people I am popular wit them.
Speaker 4: Can hear the song like the familiar. So and where is it? I want you? Let me just swipe and again and then I don't know the name that give me.
Speaker 5: I think it was his school girlfriend and he gave me a name and and I did that and then come and said I got the next video.
Speaker 4: My man said, yo, some got up free and then Vicious. I don't know who. Somebody get to him. I don't know, but yeah, the whole time I thought he was Douggie Fisher, Dounky.
Speaker 2: Fisher, that was a part of the record.
Speaker 1: But we don't know.
Speaker 4: Now somebody get to him next, seriously, somebody get to him and I say, yo, all right, and they do the first and everything and then Who's.
Speaker 6: I deal with it for Dougy Fish to just be boxed on the middle like.
Speaker 4: No, Douggle Fisher was part of the company you.
Speaker 6: I mean as far as the production in the sound.
Speaker 5: He was part of the company. Donovan Thomas and dougle Fresh. They're the one that comes because all right, nineteen.
Speaker 4: Ninety one, we're coming from. Yeah, you know I go out there, Yeah, nineteen nineteen ninety I were coming from.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Anyway, we went to the National said them called Nancy Mandela was released.
Speaker 4: M hm, So I went to the Nancy Mondela show.
Speaker 1: Is that when you got booed? Yeah?
Speaker 2: The fun shout up.
Speaker 1: I didn't know if it was that one or not.
Speaker 4: Yeah aa aheyeah, yeah that's the yeah I got booed. Yeah, we don't have to waste the story. Yeah, so yeah, that's the year it was. I got when I got booed?
Speaker 1: How di got feel getting booed?
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 4: Jackie Fresh? Yeah? Six minute, six minute.
Speaker 2: The picture.
Speaker 1: Dog get Fresh a lot of all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's the one that able to be all right, all right, Juggiet Fresh, it's my family.
Speaker 1: M hmm.
Speaker 4: It's called Douglas Davis. That's his name.
Speaker 1: And there we go.
Speaker 4: So you know what I'm talking about? Yep, blood family ship name real, Yeah, that's real.
Speaker 2: Well, let's take it the.
Speaker 1: Picture, all right. Anything you want to say to your fans before we get about.
Speaker 4: It, all right, because we're gonna give over here we're talking too long.
Speaker 5: That's you know what I'm saying to all my fans. I'm making a new album. I got a new song coming out.
Speaker 1: And we're give it's easy.
Speaker 4: Don't funk it. What are you talking about? You can't play pieces ship. You haven't sun with Parma. Can you go get Parma from him right away?
Speaker 9: You have?
Speaker 6: You have a sign?
Speaker 1: Yeah? All right? You got a good yacht master on. I'll see you. I see you, brother, now, I got that. I see you, brother, Rose Gold.
Speaker 2: I can see it from over here.
Speaker 1: You don't have a good eye. I am I right ross up my eyes. I'm roped in my mind.
Speaker 5: My mind a roster farm, and say something. I stopped flossing because flossing, Yeah, flossing.
Speaker 1: Jesus stopped. Jesus looking at me and no, I don't let go. You explain, explain myself. Please about to get out.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying messing anybody.
Speaker 1: You are married, you got out of your ship. But I love how you said my name, Narri. I'm now marry and now you just made us get by Narry. I thank you so much. Not let me just tell you something. I thank you so much because nobody a lot of people don't know how much how important you are to this culture. Some people know, but a lot of people don't understand. A lot of people know.
Speaker 4: A lot of people know.
Speaker 1: A lot of.
Speaker 5: A lot of them is some people do not appreciate the music like it's supposed to be appreciated, right, and they disrespect the music.
Speaker 4: And because you see the problem is if you're ready the artist that last for six months and three months you're doing that love the music.
Speaker 5: If you appreciate a song because you love the song, you do not love the music. That me listen to hip hop and listen to R and B, I listen to afro B, I listen to something else. That mean you don't listen to the music et ClfA, which is not disrespecting no music in the world, because I listen.
Speaker 1: To every music.
Speaker 4: So all we need is the carrying people to support the music. It's not it's not a.
Speaker 5: Fight against no music. You're crazy in mind. We go to every country this world. We go to Spain, and we go to Maine, we go Inzane, we'll go Dame, we'll go a part. Yeah, you see, go everywhere you do, all right, you know what his nigga.
Speaker 1: Now what dn A. I know his name Yea, I told you.
Speaker 2: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs ll C production hosts and executive producers n O r E and d j e f f N. Listen to drink Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs, hosted by yours truly, d j e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials that's at drink Champs across all platforms at the Real Norrie go on I g at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on I g at dj e f N on Twitter, And most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com