Speaker 1: Now, the Shotgun Starting Golf is full of mathematics. There's a lot of setup work that we have to do in order to make a tournament work. So I'm going to demonstrate to you just exactly how we do a Shotgun Start here and where we.
Speaker 2: Alright, alright, alright, did no man?
Speaker 3: Darn your.
Speaker 2: Greetings and welcome to another edition of the Shotgun Start. Today is Wednesday, April twenty second.
Speaker 4: Shape. How are you doing?
Speaker 2: Andy?
Speaker 5: I wonder how many people turn the pod off right now, like they're like, no, Brendan, Andy's got to do the intro done. Nope, We'll skip to Friday. I wonder what that what those numbers look like? I get peege on that at some point.
Speaker 4: Well, they know.
Speaker 2: The people that stick around know that podcasts with me and you on this speed tend to be rambling and just all over the place. I believe that we did do one that we titled a show about Nothing about five years.
Speaker 5: Ago, maybe one of the worst episodes in the Shotgun Start history outside of the one you guys recorded in the car, which is always going to be number one. But I will say I was very proud of you all that you even in your advanced podcasting era still do the thing where you're in different rooms in the same house doing the pod. I got a good kick out of that.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, we didn't have PJ. If we had had PJ with us in Scotland, we would have been able to just do it all together. But you know, we we regress to the technical of myself and Brendan and and thus we're going to record in different rooms.
Speaker 6: But it worked, it happened, It got a word door. I was a little I was stressing about the Wi Fi capabilities of whatever house in Scotland you guys had, but for even all three of you, it worked. It was great. It was you know, I'm just happy it happened.
Speaker 2: This reminded me I have a bunch of stuff I need to back up now that I'm on Wi Fi.
Speaker 4: That that is you know, quick there, And you.
Speaker 5: Have a question for you. By the way, Pege and I are airplane buddies, so we've already been on an airplane together this year, Andy, when did you decide to go to the like the flight controller microphone thing made me? Okay, what was the reason for this?
Speaker 6: Okay, this was for when we were doing a show at the us open last year in the brewery, so I needed better sound quality. I couldn't have open mics, so I bought these headsets. Brendan habitual bad mic etiquette.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's he's he and forth.
Speaker 6: Yeah, makes it hard to edit on my end. So I said, screw it. We're going headsets full time. So you just you know, speak and it'll pick up.
Speaker 5: And move around all you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I'm going to go back to that, the the mic stand.
Speaker 4: I don't like the headset, you know, I would.
Speaker 5: Like I would like every I would like once an episode, every episode you just randomly talk about, like a flight incoming, just just on the side, like Newark to O'Hair. Yeah, fo.
Speaker 6: Go Freddy Kitchens with the with the play sheet. You gotta cover and cover your mouth.
Speaker 5: It's pretty good. I like that a lot.
Speaker 4: I had a disaster of flight yesterday.
Speaker 5: Wait, so you were in Scotland. You flew Scotland to where to Wear.
Speaker 4: To Newark to sfo.
Speaker 5: Oh, you actually flew to Newark? I was I was actually joking about that. I don't I've never I haven't stopped but lived in the Northeast now for five years, have not stepped foot in Newark one time.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's fine, it's I feel like everything is Newark's like a generic you know, it looks nice, but it's just you know, there's no name brand behind it. I got delayed there for a couple hours. I ended up traveling. I was traveling for twenty three and a half hours.
Speaker 5: Hmmm, that's tough. That's tough. How was the Old Course? By the way, it was amazing. Okay, you played it reverse? Did you play it normal and then reverse.
Speaker 4: Normal and then reverse? It was a great event.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't think I have to like tell people this, but I mean that's about.
Speaker 4: As good of an event as you can do. They do the Old.
Speaker 2: Course Reverse Lottery, which I assume your chances of winning are very small, but you should enter it every year because if you win, it's like the coolest event you could do. They have dinner. They have a dinner one night. We did a live podcast one night, and uh, it's just like it's pretty surreal. It's just it's wild how the course works. And I think we're gonna do a Friday episode about this maybe next week. But in a way like the you don't how the front nine of the old course really makes sense. Yeah, and then the back nine is a little bit like chaos.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's really starting on twelve t it's just total chaos.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, the back nine when you're playing the in reverse is the front nine, and it actually makes a lot of sense. Like one T one tee to seventeen Green is a really good hole.
Speaker 5: Yeah for sure. So you hit driver on one and did you hit it down like by the bridge or was there did you have to take less than driver?
Speaker 2: So I played Hickory's in the reverse because it's only like six thousand yards Okay, Okay, so I mean it was long, but two is a two in reverse is crazy? So going from seventeen t or no next to seventeen green to sixteen green you have to play over the over the corn into the green.
Speaker 5: No to hit over there.
Speaker 2: I mean it's like it's way harder. I think it's way harder than the road hole.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean is it a part? I mean, I know it's pars of irrelevant. Is it kind of a par five in theory or no?
Speaker 4: It was apparently originally a par five.
Speaker 5: Okay, that would make more sense, But.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it made a ton of sense, like, you know, the obviously the hole on the old course that everybody says is just like you know, absurd is the twelfth hole because you can't see any of the bunker.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: No, When I was Caddy in there, Andy and I would tell people there were, however many eight bunkers or whatever out there, and they would look at you like you were a complete moron, which they weren't wrong. I was a complete more on. But there were the bunkers out there, and then they you know, I mean everybody hits it in them. I mean unless you're you know, unless you hit it three hundred yards, you're hitting it in a bunker no matter what. And I mean you could hit it way right to be okay if the rough's down a little bit. But there's literally nowhere to hit that t shot.
Speaker 4: It's it's that's a ridiculous hole.
Speaker 2: I was playing it dead into the wind, and I was like, I don't know where to hit it because like, if it's not into the wind, I feel like I could get past everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, which is mine. Yeah, you can vombit over everything with like with your with your actual equipment. But yeah, Hickorys would have been different to play on that.
Speaker 4: But yeah, Hickory's made it incredible. I I regret.
Speaker 2: I was like kind of in a I've got a lot of stuff going on with my life right now, in a bit of a.
Speaker 5: I mean, you got eight airplanes, you got airplanes frying of land. I mean, you got a lot of stuff going.
Speaker 2: And when I packed for the trip, obviously I did Augusta to Saint Andrews.
Speaker 4: I was gone for sixteen days.
Speaker 2: But I packed at like ten pm the night before Augusta, leaving for Augusta, and I just threw my clubs in.
Speaker 4: I didn't even think.
Speaker 2: But I like two weeks earlier I had thought like, okay, make your set like a real cool set for for.
Speaker 4: Your week of links golf.
Speaker 2: But I got to the point where I just was like and pack as fast as you can mode and just like threw the clubs into the travel bag, sipped it up. Yeah, and I was like, that's done. So I wish I would have thought about it more. But I mean, Scotland's undefeated. It's have you done the reverse?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, never never done the reverse. Would be very would be very into that, I mean, you know, like spending a decent amount of time. I would always when I had guys walk off twelve green, I would always make them turn around and I'll be like, just so you know, this makes way more sense, you know, and they would always look back and a couple of holes like that thirteen. I feel like kind of a little similar in terms of, yeah, the second shot to that green kind of you kind of can't hit a close second shot there, you know, unless the whole locations like way back. But they wouldn't push it that far back most of the time. But I feel like reversing that hole as well, you're more playing into the green or whatever.
Speaker 2: It felt like the entire back nine to me actually worked back or in reverse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know, it is the way it is.
Speaker 2: It would be cool if they kept mowing it out more and more every year so it gets better in reverse.
Speaker 4: And maybe they didn't do it more often. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's uh, I didn't expect to do Old Course reverse minute. But you know, the open opens at the Old Course next year. That's next year. I can't wait. I I like want to go to St. Andrews every year.
Speaker 5: It's yeah, it's it's an interesting major lineup. If you looked the next year August the Pebbles and Andrews and Frisco. Yeah, so it's an interesting lineup.
Speaker 2: It is mean pebble obviously, Like you talk about the cathedrals of the game, and I don't know if pebble should still be considered a cathedral, but it is, but it is, But it is with what equipment's done to it.
Speaker 4: But it is.
Speaker 2: You have a Pebble and the old course, like two of the most sought after venues to win a major at and then you and then you got Frisco.
Speaker 4: But Frisco. Maybe in one hundred years people will be like, PJA Frisco.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's one of the drums you beat that I love about the future planning for major sites is what if a new course gets built, it's awesome and you're just not going to have any holes. But by the way, I think there's a hole. Maybe is twenty eight open right now? For the Open?
Speaker 4: For the Open? I think they've been talking a lot about Portmarnock maybe.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay in Ireland.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting, that's controversal to go to Ireland, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, it's just it's interesting that we live in a place where you're hit here hearing about majors in like twenty fifty four, and then in three years from now, we don't know where the Open is going to be playing. But again, I think that's how it used to be. I'm assuming is you probably didn't really know the venue until a couple of years ahead, right.
Speaker 2: No, I mean that's the thing. I feel like it used to be like a year ahead, you know.
Speaker 5: But now now now he's googling. Now he's googling, so he's not paying attention now, PJ probably gon have to hoop in here and talk to me about uh, you know, etiquette, illegrdia or something. If you're if you're gonna be googling now.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's it's fine. He was getting there.
Speaker 5: You could.
Speaker 6: You can tell when the eyes start getting big that he's reading. But he was getting there. I could tell he was close.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, Peaj, let me ask you a question. How's your life right now? How are you doing?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 6: I'm doing great. I had a great day out in the links. Got to play some golf this morning. He was great.
Speaker 5: Where'd you play?
Speaker 4: Peach played wing foot today?
Speaker 6: I played?
Speaker 5: Oh I was supposed to play in that thing? But I had ad a CBS show this morning. Andy. It's the show that still comes up as the DVR as y'all's old show, which cracks me up. We've told him a few times that they could adjust that, so maybe we'll get it adjusted by summer.
Speaker 4: But from family members about it, they're.
Speaker 5: Like, where are you on the show, and you're like, no, not my show.
Speaker 4: Hey, congrats on your new show, The Scorecard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been a sports network. It's on on Saturdays and Sundays, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it'll be after the signature events coming going forward. We just did one. Joe Musso and I do it, Wagner does it, Emmelman comes on, Cold Nosed Pops on I think a Man is gonna come on every now and again as well. But it's beast. It's basically just right when the golf INDs on CBS, will be up on Paramount Plus. It's on YouTube as well. It's kind of you know, it's kind of across the board. But yeah, it was fun. I mean, Wags was out there recreating golf shots. We got the challenge Trevor about the wind. Yeah, he actually he didn't hit the shot. Perfectly like Scotty did out of the trees. I know you probably didn't watch a lot of golf last weekend, but he hit the second one twenty feet. I was very impressed.
Speaker 4: We actually did. We got it, We got it going.
Speaker 2: We were watching the Sky's telecast. But you know one spot we jumped in in St. Andrews that I didn't know St Andrews needed t squared. The tiger Woods justin Timberlake collaborate.
Speaker 5: Where is it? Where is it a cigar war? No, it's preposterous.
Speaker 4: It's so it's so absurd. It's just built for tourists.
Speaker 5: It's wait, where is it? What's it?
Speaker 2: So it's right by you know where the Greyfriars in is. It's like it's like three blocks from the old course. Okay, it was in the old movie theater.
Speaker 5: Oh I think the movie that's up past past the done Vegan on the left. Yes, oh man, I've been at that movie theater.
Speaker 4: So it's in a movie.
Speaker 2: It's this bar, this Tiger Woods adjusted Timberlake collaboration bar, which is humorous for you know, their their driving issues. But the uh, the place like it has sports on a movie screen. And then there's simulators. I mean it's just like a tourist factory.
Speaker 5: Was it busy?
Speaker 2: No, No, I mean it was it was at like, you know, probably thirty percent capacity. When we walked in. We just we went in and walked right out. I mean I wanted to see the space.
Speaker 5: Yeah I could, I could.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was more of a social just to see the social scene there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you want to go. If you're gonna grab a pinet, you'd prefer to probably go to a little bit more historical establishment if you could.
Speaker 6: Would you prefer to go to the T Squared in Saint Andrew's or the one right next to Grand Central.
Speaker 4: What do you think one in New York?
Speaker 6: Where do you think the vibes are better? I can't say I've ever been, but now I kind of need to go for science.
Speaker 5: Hey, PJ, listen, I will guarantee you this. If you want to go one day, a lovely little little little spring afternoon, you let me know and I'll meet you there. I feel like we're gonna be on do a full report. I can do a full report on how it is. We could take some picks next to maybe some of the great images of our two of our two kind of music and golf heroes, and and you know.
Speaker 6: What we should do. We should get Joseph to lunch with the boys, Bacon for lunch at T squared.
Speaker 5: So Facon Burgers at T Spiers.
Speaker 6: I think we just I think Squared might.
Speaker 5: Be sponsoring this pod very soon. Sign them up, give business peat on it.
Speaker 4: My sad thing.
Speaker 2: I'm just sad now thinking about this that PJ didn't get to go to the Woods a couple months ago because they closed down.
Speaker 6: I still can't believe how during during a TG all night they closed at nine o'clock. The game wasn't even away, it wasn't even right. It is right because we went, We were there.
Speaker 5: That's tough. That's tough man. That's not knowing your that's not knowing your clientele. You got to be open for the for the fans. Jupe Links locked and loaded.
Speaker 6: You know, but they played the jukee Links matches. It was not a Jupe Links match. In their defense, however, they do say that they play the jupe Link matches with sound on the flyers. They put, oh so you can hear, you can hear what's going on.
Speaker 5: You know. You know what tgl is is is a pretty good bar watch. I feel like I think TGL, you know, if football is over whatever, I feel like TGL is a pretty solid watch at a bar. You don't necessarily need the sound to at least just take in what's going on.
Speaker 4: Now, you know, while we're on it, let's hit some of the news of the day.
Speaker 6: The biggest news of the day.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I have two things.
Speaker 4: I have a different thing. It's the biggest news of the day, Shane.
Speaker 2: I'm happy because we've talked fifteen minutes about nothing, and thankfully, nothing's really going on in the golf world right now.
Speaker 5: This is factual.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's a zuri week.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, this is I'm surprised you're you should be like a pig and shit with this field. This is the worst field I think I've ever seen. This is the field that is going to radicalize me because this is abhorrent. This is a disgusting event, disgusting.
Speaker 2: It's not going to exist anymore. You can't have a cutthroat tour and hand out exceptions for a partner event.
Speaker 5: Hey, can I ask can I I'll ask both of you guys this. I post this question today on our on our on our show with a with Patrick McDonald and I and I think it's a decent take. Since they give out full PGA tour wins for the Zurich right now, and the fact that it is likely going to go away, why wouldn't Rory and Scotty play in this together and both get a win, like just be like whatever, We'll just win and it goes on and just add to their total, right.
Speaker 4: I think they value weeks at home.
Speaker 6: Tour win all right, Well it seems like everybody does, because I think the biggest indictment out of this whole thing, no Hoyguards just can't pack it up. Cancel this event. If you can't even get the Hoyguards, we don't need the.
Speaker 5: Fitzies are there now? Come on, the Fitzies are blocked and loaded.
Speaker 6: Well, you know Alex is a winner now, So I guess that that does change the prop on that I get a little bit.
Speaker 2: I'm personally a big fan of the Jonathan Bird chez.
Speaker 5: Revi oh Man, I loved that one. I loved that one so much. Do you know what brought We brought that up today and Patrick McDonald on our show said, Chez Revey has a win more recent than Speed on the PGA Tour that way, Yeah, that's bad. He was Chez won the Kudah a few years ago, more recently than it was the twenty two Kudah. Yeah. Then Speed's one on the PGA Tour, which is so wild.
Speaker 2: You tied this all back together for me, Shane, because Brendan and I were in Saint Andrews when Chez won the Coudah. It was the week of the Open in twenty two and we went on Saturday night.
Speaker 4: We stumbled into the woods.
Speaker 5: You went to the Timberlake and Tiger Place or no.
Speaker 4: We later found out as like the student union.
Speaker 5: Okay, it was a bar.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 2: It was just rocking middle of summer, all these you know, there are a bunch of twenty somethings in there. You know, they were kids making out and in the background, the Kudah was on.
Speaker 4: That's what we were watching.
Speaker 5: Chez just dominate some dudes, some dudes finally kissing this girl. He's like for six months, and you guys are like, can you move out of the way. Chez Revie might win the Barracuda. They're like, what is happening here? We got to get these Americans out of this place.
Speaker 2: God, we just found that the fabric that ties the old the old course discussion with with the with this week's Zurich.
Speaker 5: I wonder how Chez is played in the opens at St. Andrew's.
Speaker 4: You know what I heard from a source.
Speaker 5: Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: So there's been like a run of different guys that just dominate at Whisper rock Yeah, and Chez apparently was one of them.
Speaker 5: Not surprised.
Speaker 2: This person was like, it's weird, but like I'm standing on the tea box and we're we're flipping teas for partners, and I'm hoping the tea lands on Chez Revie not John Rock. I mean unbeatable at Whisper Rocky.
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean, you know, I mean go out there and you could probably if you hit a lot of fairways, hit it straight, probably shoot sixty five. You know, a pretty decent clip out there. It's not an overly long golf course, both of them. So yeah, probably doable.
Speaker 4: I hear spawns now that now the guy that nobody wants to do.
Speaker 5: So Tana, it was Tana, it was it was ogle V. Well remember remember ogle V? I think the year he won the US Open. Played in the like the the Club Championship there sony Week and finished outside the top fifteen. I think the the year after the year after he won the US Open. Yeah, you'll have to ask him about that.
Speaker 2: I will ask him about that. Ten Tannagalla took him out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Tanna Gala was the guy, and then it was and so then it was Chez and now it's JJ.
Speaker 4: Now it's Spawn.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there you go. So some Scotts golf news for.
Speaker 2: You, Chez review minute. We didn't even get to the biggest golf news of the day. Do you know what it is?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Uh, TGL Player of the Year. Did you see who who won TGL Player of the Year?
Speaker 6: I did?
Speaker 5: I did not?
Speaker 4: Do you want to guess who was?
Speaker 5: All right? So what team won at all?
Speaker 4: Who won? L A l A l A beat Jeep stinks?
Speaker 5: And I'll say, is Tommy Fleetwood's on l A. I'll say Tommy Fleetwood player of the Player of the years.
Speaker 4: That we're going with right first name?
Speaker 5: Oh Tom Tom Kim, Tom Kim, Tom.
Speaker 4: Tom Kim tg L player of the Year.
Speaker 5: Now, I wonder if you get a trophy for that.
Speaker 2: I mean, we were gonna we were we've been joking about doing our own TGL Awards segment.
Speaker 4: It's seting people the actual like actual trophies.
Speaker 6: I gotta be honest, I don't think we could have come up with something better than Tom Kim.
Speaker 5: No. I don't think it's like that. You can't beat the joke right like SNL like got to avoid some of this stuff. Sometimes it's just like too good to be true.
Speaker 6: I don't I don't think we could beat that. I think I think they jumped us in the pecking order for TGL Awards. I don't think we can top that.
Speaker 5: Listen, I consume a decent a on TGL. I don't necessarily remember if Tomkin was good or bad. I do know that he gets pretty excited on the golf course, which is good for TGL. Was he good?
Speaker 4: I think?
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know if you heard, maybe you didn't. He made a hole in one that got over nineteen million views across all the ESPN's platform.
Speaker 5: It's a good point. That's a good point.
Speaker 2: Some people he won the award because of that whole one, without a doubt, not.
Speaker 6: Naming names, some people hypothetically have called the hole in one into potential question given that it was to win a match to get Tiger's team into the playoffs. Okay, you know some people have thrown that out there could be anybody, but it got a guy trophy, So congrats.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know you know what him home to peach you like this while you're here, remember how I uh, this.
Speaker 5: Is an episode about nothing already, just nothing.
Speaker 2: You don't turn it off your families, Bacon, I don't know if I told you I got ticket ont of my bike.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I heard the story. I heard it on the pod.
Speaker 4: Do you care to guess how much the ticket was?
Speaker 5: I mean, you're in California, I mean is not cheap? Probably?
Speaker 6: I bet it's three fifty Oh I was thinking not cheap? Was one seventy five? Was my guess?
Speaker 4: Well? Split the baby there? Two hundred and thirty three dollars.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Or I could go wait for was it for speeding on my birthday?
Speaker 4: I decided to pay the ticket.
Speaker 6: No, you had, Oh you had to go. One of the odds the guy would show up, like realistically.
Speaker 5: Man, we I had that PJ had that happened in college one time we got in trouble for a party of our house. And the cop. I went to court and the cop didn't show up, and they threw it out, and I was like, the best day of our lives in all of college is going back home and telling everybody, really good.
Speaker 6: You could have ever received? This guy did not show up.
Speaker 4: I got too much stuff going on. I'm not going. I'm not going to traffic court.
Speaker 5: So Andy, it was, it's two thirty three. What is on the ticket? Like, what does it say you did?
Speaker 2: It says that I didn't. I failed to stop at a stop side. Oh yeah, okay, failure.
Speaker 4: To stop at a stop side two and thirty three dollars.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna guess this is the most ridiculous ticket you've received in your life. Is that fair? Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe maybe.
Speaker 5: I got I got aggressive left turn one time tickets in Arizona. Was going to I was, I was going. I was in my twenties. I was going on a date to pick up a girl to go to a movie. And I took a left in front of a cop. Honestly, honestly, not that close. I mean he did. I'm assuming he didn't have to lock up his brakes. Might I had to push the brakes and he turned his lights on and he gave me an aggressive left turn ticket. That's never heard that one before, never heard that one before.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know aggressive left turn it exists, just.
Speaker 5: Like I didn't know you could get a ticket on a bike. I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: I mean I should go I should have gone to court. I already paid the ticket, but you know it's not on your life.
Speaker 5: Do you think we're going to talk about any golf today or.
Speaker 2: No, Well, we've talked about golf, We've talked about the old course. I wanted to get to the next news item that beat. I would say Tom Khim TGL Player of the Year was number one, number two news item today.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: This was the press release that came across by desk this afternoon. Live Golf plants flag in Oklahoma with launch of OKGC, the league's first team anchored in a US state.
Speaker 5: It is now let me ask you honest. I mean, first of all, I mean, I mean dismissing the whole like we're an international product and we're not going to be in America. The fact that that was spoken, I don't know, three or four days ago. So does this mean is it smash is gone? Is that the point of it gone no more smash and now we're what do we call it in Oklahoma? Okag okay GC okay GC Okay. It's better, it's better. The logo is not great, I gotta be honest with you. From a logo guy with the star in the middle, just it's I mean, we could do better. We could do better with the logo, but the name is an improvement.
Speaker 2: You know. The they said that that was an award winning design company that that designed the logo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just listen, I mean list Tom Kim won an award to day and we're already laughing about that. Not all awards are amazing, right.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you what the okay See brand is about?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, of course.
Speaker 2: The okay See brand is inspired by the values that define the state.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, what would you say defines Oklahoma? Oh?
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, Oklahoma is a pretty I've spent decent amount of time in Oklahoma back in my younger days. Good people, windy oil, I feel like those are those are probably big parts of Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: And I'll give them grit grit, grit grit, right yep, forward momentum.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know what that means.
Speaker 7: It just says it randomly or is it part of this says these are the values that define the state, and ok GC grit, forward momentum, just not.
Speaker 5: To make this just a nothing burger, keep going.
Speaker 4: And a strong sense of belonging. Is there a value?
Speaker 5: I mean no, no, no, no, that's I mean, like, Grit's the only winner there. Everything else is just just words.
Speaker 4: What are your good values for?
Speaker 6: I like what? I just do you think Presty has this on the wall and like the draft room? I just like forward momentum, Grit. It's a long.
Speaker 5: Hey, are we going to just continue down this road of these types of press releases in sports forever? It only going to get like this worse.
Speaker 6: I actually hope it gets I hope it gets worse.
Speaker 2: Listen, we're entering the AI press release era. It's only going to get better for this podcast. It's only it's only going to get better the more you know, brand people rely on AI to write things.
Speaker 6: For that, I think we need to start bringing our own press releases back. I think we need to get back in the lab on some press releases.
Speaker 2: It's been a while. It has been a while. You know who you could do a press release for Friday Golf Clubs.
Speaker 5: There it is we did. I knew he could do it. I was so proud. I have a fridagg hat I was going to put on while you did this read. I don't know where I put it.
Speaker 2: We've got a membership. It's called Frida Egg Golf Club. It's exciting, you know. We we write stuff there. There's a community there. We have a bunch of events, the censor community.
Speaker 4: Well, there's you'll have a strong sense of belonging.
Speaker 2: If you joined Friday Golf Club, it's pretty Maybe it could give you some forward momentum in your golf game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: We used to say if you subscribe to subscribers that of Friday the Friday e newsletter, make more birdies.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, yeah, yeah. That was never proven, but you know it could give you momentum.
Speaker 2: But Friday Golf Club, you get discounts on merch, you can get early access to events. We have Friday Golf Club only events and.
Speaker 4: It's a great, great deal. So one hundred twenty dollars a year. It goes. It supports what we do. It helps us make more cool stuff.
Speaker 2: And I am really proud of the community, Like if you're into golf, there's just a bunch of people that are pretty chill and into golf.
Speaker 5: I mean, one hundred and twenty dollars is one decision to order out dinner versus cooking at home like a year. Yeah, that's just one. That's one time you're like, I don't know if I want to make the kill sala, let's order pizza. You order a couple pizzas and breadsticks. Probably ends up being one twenty with the delivery charge, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like we've entered a period of society where like just like every time it turned around, I'm paying one hundred dollars or something.
Speaker 5: I got. I got Chick fil A the other day for my kids and me and it was thirty eight dollars and I was like, man, it just feels like a lot of money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that used to be like twenty dollars.
Speaker 2: That's right, all right, Well, Fridayy Golf Club you can join at the Frida egg dot com.
Speaker 4: That was, you know, as good of a read has ever been done.
Speaker 5: For Freshi Golf Club Prodia.
Speaker 2: Oh I wanted to finish the press press release here, okay, so okay, GC the ethos will be reflected across team uniforms, fan first, merchandise, content and marketing activation throughout the remainder of the.
Speaker 4: Twenty twenty sixth seasons.
Speaker 2: So that ethos of grit, forward, momentum, in a strong sense of belonging, they're gonna just carry that through everything they're doing.
Speaker 5: Have you do you think you've ever used the word ethos in any conversation in your life? Andy, I think I've used it, have you? Okay? I mean I don't know, not a lot.
Speaker 2: I'll say that I don't think I've ever said strong sense of belonging. So all right, let's get to the schedule of the week. We've got a We've got a jam packed week. We've got a women's major this week which is big. The Chevrons a week schedule.
Speaker 4: Of the week.
Speaker 2: This is usually BP's thing here, but we got the Chevron which is at a new golf course this year. It's that memorial Park. I think this is a good deal for the women going to a memorial park.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, it's my event of the week, that's for sure. I'm excited to watch it. You know, I was thinking about Nellie and the way she's played this year, so she has three seconds in a win that went out of the gate. That was the weird one with the scheduling, But you know, I mean obviously every time she teased it up, it's like she's obviously got a chance to win, kind of like Scotty recently. Just two majors for Nelly and the last was a couple of years ago at the Chevron, different golf course. I feel like this is a great golf course for her, just bomb driver all over the place. But I think we need to start winning the majors. If for Nelly, you know, getting getting picking up a couple.
Speaker 2: More, Yeah, yeah, I would agree with that. I think just in general, LPGA has gotten off to a great start in terms of winners, big name winners, unlike last year where they had the run of like basically no recall.
Speaker 5: Just everybody was one and done.
Speaker 2: Yet I think, yeah, I think obviously for the sports sake, like Nelly, winning majors is really good for the sport. I listen, like going from Carlton Woods, a private club that you know was very underbark an event to the most one of the most popular golf courses in America. I think I think Memorial Park does about eighty thousand rounds a year.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Obviously they have a twelve month schedule. It's right in the city of Houston. It's like the place that the people play and it's a really cool design.
Speaker 4: I think this is this is awesome.
Speaker 2: I think the biggest thing, like I'm excited about is obviously the greens can get rocking and rolling out.
Speaker 4: There and they're pretty undulated, and.
Speaker 2: I think that's that makes women's golf a lot more interesting to watch, is when when they have these kind of small targets that they have to get at because they're extremely precise players, and it is really fun to watch when that's the case.
Speaker 4: So hopefully we get a firm weekend there.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: The purse is eight million dollars. I think it's up a million this year. I saw that news. Mao Sigo is a defending champ and a notables here are Lauren Coglin, Hannah Green, Jin youngco Lydia Coe, Nellie Korda as you mentioned, Minji Lee Gena, Citicool, Genothitical, and Lexi Thompson's play. So you can catch that on Golf Channel one to three East or Eastern six to eight Friday, same time Saturday, it is one to three on NBC or three to six on Golf Channel in Sunday's final round one thirty to two on Peacock and then two to five thirty on NBC SO on NBC Network TV for this weekend. The other big thing we've seen the pool installed, Shane, where do you stand on the on the on the temporary pool. It is like a pool that you would put in your house. It's a four and a half foot pool. It looks about eight feet wide and twelve feet long.
Speaker 4: It is beside the eighteenth.
Speaker 5: Gree It's got to be a penalty. The fact that it's a free drop is crazy to me. Make it a penalty. If you're gonna put the pool in, it's got to be a penalty.
Speaker 2: It's insane that they get a free drop if they hit it in the pool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's like that's it's water. That's the only free drop of water in golf history. Right? Is there another example of this ever? I don't think you think one?
Speaker 2: And another example of a tournament installing a pool for one week.
Speaker 5: Like it's you've got it's not big, it's tiny. It's like hard to hit into it, but like put the whole location right next to it on Sunday and involve the pool. If we're gonna build a pool for the jump, you've got to make it a penalty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it feels like this is a complete mess.
Speaker 2: If you're putting it in a temporary pool that looks absolutely preposterous just so the winner can jump in, as was the tradition at one of your most historic events, which you got it and moved, but you've somehow held onto even though the event's name something completely different.
Speaker 4: It's a new event. This is just it shouldn't happen. I feel like I get.
Speaker 2: More upset about the pool the longer it goes. And now they're going to build a pond just for them to jump into.
Speaker 5: I mean, is is that going to be a penalty? Is the pond gonna be a penalty or no.
Speaker 4: Okay, pod it's gonna be a penalty.
Speaker 5: I just can't believe the pool is not a penalty. It's so it's fun that like is a fun wrinkle to the golf tournament, you.
Speaker 4: Know, Yeah, it would be cool and it'd be funny if somebody hit it into the pool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean My favorite thing is that the I've heard that the players hate the jumping into the pool tranted.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I don't know. What can I tell you? What the most insane tradition in sports is is dumping liquid on me when I won. And what I think is the craziest is when you don't dumb champagne like when these girls, when US junior girls and stuff, they're getting water dumped on them. It's like, no, I'm good. The whole point of the dumping stuff was to spray champagne on people, right, And obviously if you're underage, you're not gonna spray champagne on people. That makes sense, But you don't have to spray stuff on people that coming out with a with a bottle of aquafina and dumping it on my head after I won a golf tournament. I would be legitimately annoyed at that.
Speaker 4: Well, the other thing is you got to take a bunch of pictures one hund.
Speaker 2: Like like I don't soaking wet.
Speaker 5: Remember, and maybe they still do it. Remember they had a robe sponsorship at one point, I believe where you'd get like the robe and the caddy'd get the robe. Didn't Some mom. Didn't some players mom like bust their leg one time jumping in, Like.
Speaker 2: I feel like the other thing about this is a four and a half foot pool.
Speaker 4: Somebody is there a lifeguard? Get hurt?
Speaker 5: There should be a lifeguard. There should be I'm telling you.
Speaker 6: I suggested that to Brendan last week. I said, you have a pool in a public park, Like, I kind of feel like it's a law that there has to be a lifeguard. I suggested getting like the Wendy Pepper corn just sitting there, sunglasses like holding the thing. I mean, it would be it would be great. I think you could.
Speaker 5: You can actually sponsor that. I mean not like we need more sponsorships than golf, but like you could actually make that a sponsorship thing. Make it fun, silly, Bring a Houston celeb out to do it.
Speaker 6: Big big umbrella on top of the lifeguard stand. If you hit it off the umbrella, it could bounce onto the green, it could bounce anywhere. The umbrellas in play.
Speaker 4: Maybe who could have sponsored the umbrella?
Speaker 5: Travelers? Who travelers? Yeah, the travelers under the umbrella. I love it. I love it. Get get involved, travelers. I just again, I understand trying to grasp to this small piece of history that is unique to your sport. The jumping in the water thing. While it might have been strange and the players didn't like it, it was something people remembered about the major championship. So you bring that to Houston. Sure, right, I know it doesn't make a lot of sense, but bringing it to Houston it's fine. That's fine with me. You know, if you move it's like, okay. See players occasionally like wear supersonic stuff and you're like, eh, it doesn't really or like in the history books. They're still in the SuperSonics history books. But you gotta at least went into it.
Speaker 4: Who are SuperSonics gear.
Speaker 5: I mean I bet they will. I bet they do walk into TGL with like a you know, the original og Durant logo, Jersey on or camp or something. I'm sure they could do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's uh, that'll be interesting. But you were going I interrupted first.
Speaker 5: Ye All I'm saying is, if you're going to lean into this, why not make it a little fun. I know it's a major championship, but it's water and golf have one result, and that is bad. And the fact that you're introducing water next to a green in a consequential moment. There should be some penalty there because that is how golf plays.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, If you're going to put this stupid little temporary pool in, it has.
Speaker 4: To be a penalty.
Speaker 5: Got to be a penalty.
Speaker 2: Any other spare Chevron thoughts before we move on to the next next event event on the calendar.
Speaker 5: No, I I'm excited about it. Like I said, it's my event of the week. I really like this golf course. I hope Andy that there are moments within the telecast kind of like what we saw at Pinehurst with Michelle Wee and Martin Kaimer. I'm hoping there's moments that they go back to shots hit on the PGA Tour to give you an example of maybe the difference of the trajectories or the way balls roll or things like that. It seems like an easy thing to lean into to just kind of marry the two tours a little bit, especially on Thursday Friday. Maybe not into the weekend, but I think that would be something cool to see, like where do players hit these T shots versus where the LPGA players are hitting T shots and then clubs they have in on average, I mean we don't get the same golf course often to compare these things to So I'm hoping there's some talk of at least integrating that, you know, within the broadcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: I think one of the things that the LPGA could do just in general, is like they're trying to to garner a larger audience, like that, they have to grow, they have to grow their audience. So like the most logical place to grow your audience too, is like how do we get people that watch men's golf to watch women's golf? And if you prescribed by that theory, that's a really good idea.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: All right, these people already watch golf. Let's make this more relatable so they can understand the differences more more clearly. All right, next, next event on the calendar is this is a classic we touched on this. PJ has been radicalized by this. It's that TPC Louisiana. The purse is nine point five million dollars defending champs or Andrew Novak and Ben Griffin the notable teams in the field. You're ready for what this document tells are the noble team?
Speaker 5: How many? How many are there?
Speaker 2: I mean it looks like I'm not going to count them. It's not bad radio, but probably about ten.
Speaker 5: Okay, seems a like a lot. There's probably two notable teams games. There's two notable teams.
Speaker 4: I'm excited for you.
Speaker 2: You tell me if the you tell me which ones are notable and not notable? Ready Wyndham Clark and Taylor Moore, No, brooks Keptka and Shane Lowry.
Speaker 5: Yes, notable, No Vacuum Griffin defending Chance, Divining Champions. Okay, I'll say notable.
Speaker 2: Billy Harshall and Tom Hogy.
Speaker 5: And I'm gonna say no, how tong Lee and Jordan Smith?
Speaker 4: Does that get going for you?
Speaker 5: They should have just written speed and just seeing if anybody noticed. They should have written it down.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I think George Smith is better golf for the George Speed.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm not saying he's not. I'm just saying in terms of if you're trying to get people to read this document and get eyeballs on it, you could have just leaned in and just all whenever somebody can play, and God is a mistake? Are bad?
Speaker 4: Matt and Alex Fitzpatrick.
Speaker 5: That's a notable team. That's probably the team that's gonna win.
Speaker 4: This is a fun team.
Speaker 2: Michael Brennan, Johnny Keefer, two boys that in the fall everybody was like, they're going to run the PGA Tour this year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I gotta be honest. Any there's like four teams like this. There's four teams that are like next up that are not probably next up. Maybe Brennan is next stup. We'll see.
Speaker 2: I got a note passed to be I'll keep this. This the source anonymous for this. But this is about a team. You title them the bad News Barons, says.
Speaker 5: Mad News Barons.
Speaker 4: Ken Birmingham duo Nick Dunlap.
Speaker 5: And so this is this is one of my This is one of my This is one of my like next steps that aren't next up. Like two years ago, you and I would have been going on, man, these are the guys you know.
Speaker 4: So yes, absolutely.
Speaker 2: Now this format you play best ball and then you play alternate shot. I have some statistics that are gonna illuminate a bit of an issue for the alternate shot.
Speaker 5: For it is this for these two guys, For these two guys, gosh, okay, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Nick Dunlap is last on the PGA Tour and strokes skate off the tee.
Speaker 5: Is that like one sixty six? Is that where he's at is at the ranking, It's like all the way down? Yeah yeah, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: And Gordon Sargeant, who will be hitting approaches from Nick dunlaps drives, is last in strokes gate approach.
Speaker 5: That's actually good. This is what I want to see.
Speaker 6: Oh, they played great, That's unbelievable.
Speaker 5: So this is your going from the the worst driver the goof ball on the PGA Tour to the worst iron player. Oh it's a dream.
Speaker 8: I hope they win the same wish they had and start vote thing we could vote on who to show Well, there are there are other teams that I think we should vote for on featured groups.
Speaker 6: But that has so good.
Speaker 2: I cannot wait to follow the shot trails of Alternate.
Speaker 5: Shot Andy, Andy, I gotta say this. You know how we've been doing a lot of like the behind the scenes golf stuff recently, like the PGA Tours got into it at the Players. I need an hour documentary of how Zurich teams happen, Like who's Collin who? Like what is it a text? Is it agents? Like? How are the even Brooks and Shane Lowry like, where did that conversation come from?
Speaker 6: Well, I can I can tell you how one team on the notables list came together. I heard, I heard how How Tong Jordan Smith pairing came together. They are frequent practice round guys on the DP World Tour last year, and apparently how Tong is just the most hilarious person to ever live. So when it came time I need a Zurich partner, Jordan Smith had one answer in mind.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'd love to play with Hall Tong league. Absolutely, But I mean, I'm sure there's some within here that you're like, wait, I mean again, keep reading, Andy, what else we got?
Speaker 4: Well, it's the last one.
Speaker 2: We're on the last one, ready, Aaron Rye and sayth sigala.
Speaker 5: I mean I think maybe i'd say notable.
Speaker 6: I think maybe it's not not notable.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's kind of what I think too, PG. I'm kind of with you.
Speaker 2: Well, does our one and Done league have picks?
Speaker 6: I have one that that I do have to make one? Uh No, the Frida Egg One and Done does not have one.
Speaker 5: Because I like them. I like the McCarty my I think McCarty Meisner team this week a lot in terms of winning.
Speaker 6: I also will just throw out not notable because it was way to add to the field America's Sweetheart Sedarsian Yellow, Miraju and Ryan Bryan Gerard.
Speaker 5: Well, that's kind of a nasty team. Nasty teams. How by the way, how do you guys mess up his first name every day? Not?
Speaker 6: You guys don't to me every show suitor over there.
Speaker 5: And say it to me. You say his first name, Andy, how do you say it? There you go, You're done. You never have to think about it again. You nailed it, You got it. It's as straight as hell. I'd love to play with.
Speaker 2: Our friend, who pointed out the dunlap sergeant pairing titled this one fall back option still with an eye on Sydney, Sweetey can s overcome being Gerard's fall back replacement.
Speaker 4: After Smiley denied.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna tell you that, I'm a said Arshan and Gerard might win this thing running away. I'm all about this team too.
Speaker 6: Well. And then and then you have the Gentleman in training and R and P. Who's Andy's other favorite team?
Speaker 2: PITTSPA, Pitts Spag Junior uh Jacob Scovel.
Speaker 4: I thought we were and erguard Patterson Peterson.
Speaker 5: There's some weirdo. I mean, like Jeff Ogilvey's playing well that.
Speaker 6: That is the thirstiest effort to get back in the Peacup good graces that I've.
Speaker 5: John Jonathan Bird's playing, I think, I mean, I'm not just like crazy.
Speaker 2: How about the peacup pairing of Pendy and Mackenzie Hughes got it?
Speaker 6: You know, can't put up a bagel in it in a four day is there?
Speaker 5: I think I think Pendy shall like sixty three on Sunday and uh so maybe he's coming in training.
Speaker 6: That's that's what I like to hear right there, Shane Penny's trending.
Speaker 2: That's the whole foursome of of Pea Cup players because you got Kevin you and Tom Kem.
Speaker 5: And brands In Seneker's playing as well right in this thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh my god, it's it. That's a foursome. Ogilvy Davis and Keith Mitchell and Branson Edeker literal peacock.
Speaker 5: What do the captains have to play with each other for?
Speaker 6: Like that?
Speaker 4: You don't even scouting They let go out and scouting days.
Speaker 6: He remember when DL three played with uh Will Sours Tours and Cam Young. Yeah, it's I thought it was. That's that's what it's all about, right there.
Speaker 5: Do you think do you think we got done? You think Davis was like, uh, well, they're really good. They're good at golf, yep, just like I thought they'd be really good. Hit it far like, uh scouting?
Speaker 4: You know what are you scouting?
Speaker 5: It's a first round. It's the first round of a golf tournament. Like, I mean, like they shot sixty eight or seventy three or whatever, right.
Speaker 2: Like, if they shoot seventy two, are you are they scratching them off the list?
Speaker 4: Like you know what? This guy can't can't hack it is, I.
Speaker 5: Mean broke his club, Like, I mean, what are you look at? It's like you're playing with the boss or something. You just try not to make just try not to make an ass out of yourself. That's the whole point.
Speaker 6: Bad Thursday at the window. Can't put him on the Peacup team.
Speaker 5: Sorry, boys, shot too over, missed a couple of shorts.
Speaker 2: You gotta cook uh on some on some on some walk up music we did.
Speaker 6: Brendan's Gonna come back a second year in a row. BP comes off a trip into the thunderdome of walk up music that you and I are just cooking out.
Speaker 2: How about the pairing of Rafa Campos and Toasty.
Speaker 5: You know, I was thinking about who would be the most fun person to put with Toasty and I couldn't quite come up with somebody. You know what's funny, I feel like I think it's Sergio. I think Toasty Sergio is the best possible team. I think that's like my dream.
Speaker 6: And well, Rafakopos might be the most like mild mannered person in the world. I was trying to think, could you go complete polar oppice? Yes, yeah, yeah, and I think we might have it here.
Speaker 4: Apparently a great letter writer.
Speaker 5: I gotta I gotta be honest. If there was a draft of ten players in the world to play a team event with, I think Toasty's in my top ten, and he might be in my top five.
Speaker 6: Well, you know it's he's getting it out there.
Speaker 5: Scared.
Speaker 4: You never have to worry about him not playing aggressively.
Speaker 5: I'd love to be on the first T and step Luis and be like, hey man, I think it might be five would just to see what he did to me. Might fight on one T.
Speaker 2: You know, what you do is you say Toasty, I'm hitting first, because you know he's gonna be hitting driver every hole.
Speaker 5: Of course, of course you.
Speaker 6: Gotta just what I don't need.
Speaker 2: You blasted it into the water when before me, before I'm hit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let me just hit what I want to hit.
Speaker 6: There's some terrible teams in this well on a on another good team. Note, I am at least moderately intrigued by the Penji Matt Wallace team, kind of in there.
Speaker 2: Out on Matt Wallace because that's the time he like undressed this caddy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, didn't there's a.
Speaker 5: Long time ago, hasn't he Didn't he win recently?
Speaker 4: Yeah? He did on the DP World.
Speaker 5: Yes, I feel like he won. I feel like he's won recently. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The uh how about does this pairing do it for you?
Speaker 5: Oh god, I just headed up.
Speaker 2: There's some ridiculous ones in here. I like the boiler Maker Shank Dunk and pairing obviously.
Speaker 6: Garrity and Matt Coocher. Do you think Cooch is gonna wait?
Speaker 5: Come on, that's what? Why?
Speaker 6: Andy?
Speaker 5: How is this not an hour show like show me? Gary Yigo and Matt Coocher making this decision?
Speaker 4: It's insane.
Speaker 5: Do you think Matt Coocher gets to the first t on whatever first practice day day it is Tuesday, Wednesday, He's like, oh, my partner is like that's like his look now that's interesting, Like do you think that happens?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got I wonder if he introduces himself.
Speaker 6: Well, it's a shame that Grazerman has a partner already for this because the Kutcher Grazer pairing, I mean, it was right there.
Speaker 4: Mentors Mentors is rock there.
Speaker 2: You know what I My favorite, uh favorite pairing is the former Problem Team. Who was that Nick Watney and Charlie Hoffman.
Speaker 5: Oh Man, in this field I cannot be a real team. That's not a real team. That's not a real team Nick Watney and Hoffman. I mean, you know, like I love, like I would love for Rollout to be on this podcast, Like what is he gonna say to these things?
Speaker 6: This field can't exist like this? It's can't this? You got a two year exemption for winning this? Are we kidding? Are we kidding?
Speaker 5: What about Austin Cook and Jason Duffner?
Speaker 4: Come on, like.
Speaker 6: Come on, can't I it hasn't been this bad before. It just hasn't like I looked back at the past fields. It has not been this bad.
Speaker 5: Hey, let me let me ask you guys a question. Take a guess at what Jason Duffner's OWGR.
Speaker 4: Is like eighteen hundred.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say it's definitely in the four digits.
Speaker 5: One three and forty eight in the world. His last four stars Puerto Rico mc amx mc RSM mc Sanderson, Farbes MC T thirty at pro cores and then mc mcsin his whole page, his whole page going back to twenty four is all EMC's one seventy fifth finish and at T thirty.
Speaker 2: I mean and Austin Cook probably is the one that got in the field and then asked Duffner Austin Cook since twenty twenty three, So twenty three he missed fourteen of twenty five cuts, had won top ten finish. In twenty four he missed seventeen of twenty four cuts that's sent to finish. In twenty five he missed six. He missed sixteen of twenty eight cuts.
Speaker 4: That's no top ten finishes.
Speaker 6: How is how is this event giving out full exemptions next cup points to the winner? How is this real?
Speaker 5: How is this like?
Speaker 6: These guys don't play in full field events.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you, Rory and Scott, he should have gotten together and said, let's go win, let's add it to the Wikipedia page.
Speaker 6: I don't know if those two need to. But if you're looking around, there are guys. Tony is like a great example who's in this field at least? But there are guys, okay, there are guys that could use a win totally that are like real players. Tom Kim is here, Tony Finow's here, But there are other guys in that ilk that need a win, and you're just not even gonna show up.
Speaker 5: Like, are there twenty teams that can win this? No?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: Like ten?
Speaker 2: I mean, actually I think there are, because I don't think there are any any great teams.
Speaker 6: Well, that's that's true?
Speaker 5: Is that the pretty dirty?
Speaker 4: This should be a corn tour event?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, I'd tell I would take this all day, bring it on, nitties, and I would love it.
Speaker 6: And then, just to wrap it up, it just hurts to see your your heroes get old. It's kind of like, you know, Michael Jordan on the Wizard that Ryan Palmer is is just with chan Kim the Tuugh vote.
Speaker 4: The tuk vote is asking you mean a hero of the players?
Speaker 6: A hero of this?
Speaker 5: He played, played play with Jordan, he played with Scotty. Who else you play with?
Speaker 6: Bubba rom Rom, he played with like everybody, I'll do it.
Speaker 5: I'll do an hour doc on that as well. Give me all the docs on how these teams got Well, is it.
Speaker 6: The story that like he would just ask super early and everybody just be like yeah, I mean that's.
Speaker 5: That's like when you're in ninth grade and you tell like your best girlfriend, like if we don't have anybody to date, let's go to prom together. Yeah, but it's yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or or if you know, if you're you're just trying, you want to bring someone and you're worried about competition, just to ask it early.
Speaker 6: Well, it was that we found that Scotty video last year from like twenty twenty two or whatever it was when Scotty was like, yeah, Ryan asked, and that I called like six other guys and nobody wanted to play. So I just told him Yeah.
Speaker 5: Was that Bubba? Was that Bubba that said that?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 6: I thought it was Scotty, but it could it could have been Bubba too. I don't I.
Speaker 2: Feel like Bubba that happened for Bubba with something else. How about the James Hant Kyle Stanley. Kyle Stanley is in this field. I haven't seeing that name.
Speaker 5: And you didn't say his official name. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Try to keep it clean.
Speaker 5: I got you, I got you.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: That does it for for Zurich. We'll talk more. Who's my pay? I mean, I don't want to.
Speaker 5: I don't want to actually send that to you or not to bring.
Speaker 6: He's actually taking Aaron Rye. Yeah, oh, I'll just I'll, I mean, I'll join you. I used Sadar shit already in I guess Puerto Rico in mind, so I'll for the well I can. In ours. We have to pick one of the two guys, so I'm gonna take Ryan Gerard.
Speaker 2: Then all right, next up on the schedule of the week, I don't know, just make it up. PGA Tour Champions the MITS, TUPCIE Electric Classic, Stay Baby, TT, Sugar Loaf and Duluth, Georgia. The purse is two million dollars PJ. Do you know the defending champs?
Speaker 6: I mean it's I mean, I remember I remember the event from last year, is.
Speaker 4: It Steve Allen, It's Jerry Kelly.
Speaker 6: Well, we know Jerry's not playing this week.
Speaker 2: Notables in the field Steven Allen, Affe, Steven Allen, Alex, Jacob ste Sink, the Kitchen, Big Arn, Miguel and Hell Jimenez, Zach Johnson, the Silver Slovak, Rory Sabatini, and David Thoms.
Speaker 6: How did Sabo get in this field?
Speaker 4: I mean, how would Sabo not get in this field? The guy guy was silver batal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the national hero, national treasure. What are you talking about? PJ Sultan Here.
Speaker 6: Here you go, top eleven of the of the available PGA Tour points list, sab top eleven player on.
Speaker 2: This You got the PGA Tour champions eligibility, right.
Speaker 6: I just pulled it up and pulled it up. Other people, other people qualifying for this event along with Sabo on that same on that same vein is uh Calc, David Duval, j has problem, Lee Janssen, Zach Jose Maria, and Kenny Perry, among others.
Speaker 4: So one of the Kenny Perry was a problem.
Speaker 5: Kenny Perry was a problem problem. Ball striker hit it's so good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he wore the transitions too.
Speaker 5: God, he wore, he wore the hell out of him. I called one of his senior open wins. I loved it. Loved Kenny Perry.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, Duffy Waldorf is in the field this week. That's going.
Speaker 5: I loved, I loved. I love me a little Duffy back in my day.
Speaker 6: We're ready go. This is great, great events, stable for scoring, this is this is gonna be.
Speaker 5: This is my seed TV PJ, PJ. We haven't talked about this. I got to do the the you know, the final CHAMPCE events last year. Yeah, with Zinger, it was just the most fun three weeks just.
Speaker 6: Chopping it up.
Speaker 5: The events were great. Zinger was awesome, loved it, Cookie was great, the whole crew man, it was awesome.
Speaker 6: Can you pass this along to to the to the powers that be that maybe want to, you know, cut this thing off and just ship it away for everybody, because I I hope, I hope. I hope for my sake, I hope for your sake, I hope for Zinger's sake, primarily that this does not go away.
Speaker 5: It's not it can't go away. I don't see I don't think it's ever going away. You know you heard Duffy Waldor's playing this week? Like you can't go away?
Speaker 4: I mean, you're not freaking Do you want to know what I event of the week.
Speaker 6: Is ah disc disc could be an anything. I don't know.
Speaker 2: What do you know about the Legends Tour's.
Speaker 6: The euro Champion Store.
Speaker 5: Where are they playing?
Speaker 2: I'm somewhat familiar with its work. They're playing in Barbados. It's the Barbados Legends and its hosted. The event is hosted by none other than Ian Woosdom.
Speaker 5: Oh how are you not there?
Speaker 6: Are you not there?
Speaker 5: Andy?
Speaker 6: Who is in this field? This is a better field than than Mitzbish?
Speaker 4: I got. I've got the field for you. I got. I made my own little notables for the fleece, all right.
Speaker 2: The headliner, according to the website is Scott hen who was the Legends Tour Order of Merit winner last year and defending champion.
Speaker 5: Scott Henn had the club towarl last week. That was dirty at the Major.
Speaker 6: He was he was involved last week. He's coming off a big week.
Speaker 2: We clul some other notables, Hendrick Stenson must be banned from the Champions Tour because he's playing on the.
Speaker 5: Legends how old is Henry Stinson.
Speaker 6: He's fifty fifty.
Speaker 5: Man. They are so lucky, they are so lucky. This guy's not playing on the Champions Tour. He would he would destroy souls if he was playing out there.
Speaker 6: I don't know, dude. He came in like an uncompetitive T forty seven last week against against the best players world.
Speaker 5: But he's warming up, warming up, just warming up, out of the bullpit. Let him, let him cook. Come on, you know, I take.
Speaker 6: No pleasure in reporting this as a Stu Sink fan, somebody who has campaigned heavily for Stu's sake. I didn't bring this up because we did. You know, you guys retired. It was midnight, Scotland tied. But I'm gonna get up on my soapbox now because I should have brought this up on Sunday. I think we kind of gotta throw an asterisk on Stu's win because Bland he wasn't there, and and Bill Lee Westwood. I think I kind of like, I love Stu. I watched you to be the Ryder Cup captain.
Speaker 4: I just do it.
Speaker 5: Cats the best you play, you play, you play who's across the across the court front and you come on right, was.
Speaker 6: Calling me out for last week Live cannot schedule events the week in the senior majors because they have too many guys that are relevant.
Speaker 5: Hey, PJ, I got listen. I don't know if you've been checking the like Apple News lately, but they may have things that they're focusing their attention on that's a little bit bigger than the Champs Tour schedule.
Speaker 6: For five seconds, it looked like Lee Westwood and Blandy We're going to be available to play at the concession last week.
Speaker 5: It's a fair point.
Speaker 2: The issue is the magic sticks are are soon. I mean, Poulter's got to be near in the age of Champs Tour.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's true, Poulter. Poulter might be a real problem in all caps on the Champs Tour, Sketcher's World champions Cup, and Poulter is about to be a.
Speaker 5: By the way, right now, my wife's putting my kids to bed, and then when I go up there in a minute, she's like, what were you doing down there? Like what we're all talking about it? Like we're like really focused on this this fifty and over European tournament, Like was at the hour mark though, so you're good. You're good.
Speaker 2: You get me out of here in a second, let me finish, finish the sorry.
Speaker 6: I out of my soapbox to quick there.
Speaker 2: Thomas is in this field.
Speaker 5: I see the Levey bumming around the TV compounds occasionally at the majors. I think he does French broadcasting.
Speaker 2: From French Broadcasting to Barbado's Gonna win it, uh Sor and Hanson.
Speaker 4: Jamie Donaldson, that's what I got.
Speaker 5: Jamie Donaldson.
Speaker 6: Wow, that's a name I have not come across many times in my Champions Tour research.
Speaker 4: To be a plane on the Legends Tour.
Speaker 5: Hometown hero coming in for this thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So that's that's my event of the week.
Speaker 2: Other last event, last but not least, we've got the DP World Tour, the Volvo China Open.
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: The first is two point seventy five million. Ashen Wu's the defending champ. Here are notables in the field. Jorge Campo, Eugenio Chakara, M J. Dafou, uh Hoshino, Nah Rosner, and Ashon.
Speaker 5: Wu okay no no p huh no p.
Speaker 2: Apparently you watch that on Golf Channel. You figure out the times and wherever you're streaming time in the middle of the night.
Speaker 5: You figured it out. You can Google, you got you got chat GBT, figured out yourselves. You're fine.
Speaker 2: I think that does it for today. You got any party thoughts? Oh, I'll give you a minute to talk about your whole one?
Speaker 5: I mean that? Yeah, I mean I made a hole in one today. That was fine. I texted you what I texted I made. It's like I made a hole in one one.
Speaker 4: Would you have rather had a whole out eagle or a hole one?
Speaker 5: So my club in Connecticut that I'm wearing this this Brooklyn hat right now, shout out. They do on your locker. It's kind of the old school metal lockers, you know, with like the holes in them that are cool. And if you make a hole in one, they put a plaque on your locker of the hole in one. Okay, And so this is my first of my club, so I'll get the plaque on the locker. So I'm gonna say the ace because they don't do that for a whole lot of eagle.
Speaker 2: But uh, that's disappointing. You might need to send a letter to the club.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's a lot of like metal and engravement and stuff you're having to do. But uh, you know, we just opened the club not too long ago, and so it's it's it's a good start to the season for your boy.
Speaker 4: That's a great, great start of the year. Peach. How did you play at the foot at wing foot?
Speaker 6: Uh? You know, I had a great day. Us g A, I have a I have a gin question mark.
Speaker 2: You know, we we got talking points a couple of years ago about what is it energy? You say it and I'm I don't know because everybody calls it jin.
Speaker 5: I say Jens.
Speaker 6: I think they said jin. But now you know that was that was, you know, fourteen hours ago, and I'm tired, so I could be misremembering this. Uh rip up, the rough was not all the way up. They only you played you play east or west west? Oh nic So it was great. I had a great day. So now as I as I said on Twitter, I can now if the Golf Galaxy fitting video did not tip you off to me not being very good at golf. I'm happy that my scores will now be publicly posted so everybody can can understand where I'm at in this journey.
Speaker 4: What'd you fire?
Speaker 6: I shot a ninety four comes up. That's great, pretty good, that's pretty good.
Speaker 5: Pretty good on west Man West is tough.
Speaker 6: Pretty good made birdie. So that's that's all I'm looking for. Uh what sixteen part part five?
Speaker 5: Nice?
Speaker 6: Good, take it, take it. But it was great. I had a great day first time, PJ.
Speaker 5: They play that as a part four in the US Open. So good par but we'll give you the birdie on this show.
Speaker 6: Hey man, you know, I have no expectation that in twenty twenty eight I will be in a place to potentially qualify for the US Open, So I myself personally am counting it. But I had a great day, and uh now I'm just I'm happy that everybody can go make fun of me on the internet for sucking at golf, because I do that enough myself. So now it's a group, everybody's involved, it's a group game.
Speaker 4: Now the reality that every golfer needs.
Speaker 6: To Yeah, you were, you were, you were lecturing me about this.
Speaker 2: Everybody sucks at golf factual, Like I I suck at golf totally.
Speaker 5: I sucks. I suck. I suck all the time at golf.
Speaker 2: That's what why everybody plays golf is the one sport where you always suck and you perpetually wonder why you suck, and you're trying to get better.
Speaker 5: There was there's a reason barstool, the four play guys are not four play The pardon my tay. Guys played at like a I think it was like a scramble against each other, and like, I love those guys. I think they're hilarious, and I mean, none of them are good. And somebody asked what club they were hitting big cats, Like who cares? Like what doesn't matter, And I just loved I like video recorded it because I'm like, this is the line that you need to send people when they talk about their game, like they actually are capable of doing X, Y and Z. Just go on to have fun. Man, if you shoot a good number, that's awesome. But most of us are terrible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we all just are varying degrees of terrible.
Speaker 5: Yes, but that's uh.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you those greens, not Long Island public course greens. Those screens are no no joke. Some of those are.
Speaker 5: Did you feel comfortable start on one?
Speaker 6: Started on one? Yeah, play it in order? I had a punt on eight green insane one? Yeah, one is crazy and then I had my last part of the day. On eighteen I hit I hit a wedge over the pin and I I had to put it like three feet sideways, like completely horizontal, and tapped it and I still ran like six feet past, which was great, and I was nowhere close to the pin.
Speaker 4: So I love when you get the back turned to the to.
Speaker 5: The whole and any that's tilling Hast right is wing foot. Yeah, yeah, so my my club Pj's tilling Hast. And there was a moment today where one of the guys I was playing with, Noboddy Jeff, had to putt again, like almost a backwards putt, just to have any chance.
Speaker 6: The only tilling Hast greens that I'm used to are Beth Page And let me tell you not Beth Page greens at wing foot, not flat and not that you know nothing in them. So I agree that it was. It was. It was great. Thanks to the USGA for.
Speaker 2: Getting on the getting on the rundy, the press circuit wet and out a shout out to the USGA.
Speaker 5: Shout out to the USGA.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 5: I was supposed to come there, but I had a show. I would have I would have been I would have asked a requested to be in your group PJ.
Speaker 6: Well you could, you could, You made it, You made all right for yourself today.
Speaker 5: That's a good point. Fair fair point, fair point.
Speaker 2: Not all of us gott to just go play golf all the time, you know.
Speaker 6: So no, yeah, uh huh.
Speaker 5: That's that's played like seven rounds in Scotland in reverse. Yeah, okay, I want to hear from you, not everyone.
Speaker 2: No, all right, Shane, thanks for coming on. Everybody should go watch your show. What is on next week?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, next next week and not not not this week, but next weekend, right after the golf ends, we'll be on Paramount Plus it's called Scorecard. Joe Musso, who's a good buddy of mine and I are kind of in studio, and then we'll have like the the bells and whistles of the guys out on the golf course, like Wagner and and that crew doing their thing. But yeah, it's I thought it was it was like quick. I mean, we do, you know, forty minutes on Saturday. We do a little bit longer on Sunday, but just to kind of give instant reaction to the signature events and a place if you're watching CBS Golf to go to right after, so yeah, give it a look. It's on YouTube as well if you want to go watch the ones from this past weekend.
Speaker 2: Awesome. Congrats on that, Peach. Thanks as always. We'll be back on Friday Walk Up Music. Friday, Brendan returns from Scotland. He's tonight was his last night there, so we didn't want to have him recording.
Speaker 5: And by the way, I think I think somehow someway this passed through bedtime. I'm hearing no children upstairs, which means you guys might have just saved me twenty five minutes of reading books to YouTube.
Speaker 6: We didn't save you. The Champions Tour saved you.
Speaker 5: The Champions Tour once again. Shout out to all the Champions Tour. And I apologize to everybody that made it this long, that you listen, or that you or you love the episode. I don't know where you're at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you've maded this LOGGI, you might hate your golf game man yourself.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: The pros the post considering the post story instant bats
Speaker 6: For the fatal past