Speaker 1: I be in Reddit, and I be in like the m id asshole sub reddin like a lot and are a I T a yep?
Speaker 2: Yeah a I t a h.
Speaker 1: And then so one of the one of the reddit questions was my wife just passed away and am I the asshole because I won't let her a fair partner come to the funeral. So backstory, the wife cheated on her husband. They've been separated for about six months. She's been like fucking with the fair partner, the person she cheated with. They have two teenage children. The mother just passed away in a car crash, and he's asking m id asshole for not letting him come to the funeral.
Speaker 2: Is a funeral, Yeah, you just pull up.
Speaker 3: I think this is more nuanced than is the binary. Is he an asshole or yeah? I get his point of view, but I'm like, yeah, it's a it's a funeral, And if dude wants to come, I'm like, I'd be like, you can come, but.
Speaker 2: I don't want to see you.
Speaker 1: But you also, I think people are not taking into account the children as well, Like if the children don't want him there, he ain't there, Like I don't.
Speaker 2: Want him there. I get that too, because they're already dealing with the loss of a parent. They maybe don't want to compound that pain. But this is not a great cold open, I would say. Also, do you ever do you ever go on, am I overreacting? Oh? All the time? Am I overreacting? It's so stupid.
Speaker 3: It's it's like, it's like, obviously I'm being fucked over.
Speaker 2: Am I overreacting?
Speaker 4: It's like what?
Speaker 2: Well. It's funny too, because there are sometimes people are getting gas lit actively and they go to Reddit to be like, am I overreacting? Like you need to get out of this fucking marriage based on what you're describing the Oh, someone just put am I overreacting for thinking this is a normal group photo? Pah, wait, hold on, this is stupid as hell.
Speaker 5: You said a normal group photo pose?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this is like it says I. Twenty three mail went to meet and greeted some see some members of a YouTube channel called Donut Media. I went to this meet and greet alone, even though it did donut donut Yeah. She asked how the event went, and I sent her this photo not really thinking much of it, like I had about thirty seconds to take a photo. Get some signatures, and I didn't pre plan how I was going to pose. I'm naturally kind of awkward person, so I defaulted to just having my arm around everyone's shoulder. Anyways, my significant other ghosted me out of anger slash sadness and said that I was basically crossing the line by putting my arm around the lady to the left of me. I'm wearing the blue shirt and pose they were in leaning towards me. This is the picture. Wait, what's what I think there's? Significant other is saying that this guy's violating.
Speaker 5: Does he put in his arm around the girl?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said, It's not like I put my arm around her waist or anything like in the picture of Jesus.
Speaker 5: Yeah, now you're not overacting.
Speaker 2: But yeah, whatever this is, this is not a good cold open. Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three eighty two, Episode four of the dailies I Guess the production of iHeartRadio. This is the podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. You say, what is today? I actually need to know too. What day is it today?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: You know what? It's April third, twenty twenty five. It's National Film Score Day, National Burrito Day, National Chocolate Moose Day, National tweed Day, National Finder Rainbow Day. So if you could wear your tweets good as day, I know, I'm like, I like a film score, I like a burrito, chocolate, moose, rainbow tweet.
Speaker 5: I could try some tweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah why not? I mean that feels like a sort of scratchy fabric. But hey, uh anyway, my name is Miles Gray, aka I got I got I got I got bankruptcy. That forcing me to sell your DNA. This insolvency requires me to sell your DNA. Your privacy is my property. When I sell your DNA, the cops and pharma companies will buy your DNA, y'all if you made the mistake or the right decision to give your chromosomes to twenty three ande meters. Just so you know, if you missed that episode, they are bankrupt and they will sell your DNA for whatever they can because that is the one asset they have. You can go to their website and say, destroy my sample, my saliva, get rid of it. So if that kind of sci fi dystopia thing.
Speaker 5: Bothers, you need to do that, Yeah, you should.
Speaker 2: You should. Anyway, Besides that, I have to introduce my co host today. Obviously you've heard him yesterday, you've seen you've heard him on trends, You've heard him everywhere. He's brilliant, he's talented. He's a host, he's a voice actor, he's a comedian, he's an improviser, he's he does everything. Okay, and you probably know him from I mean, I'm the intro is too long. Just give it up for Chicago's very own jockeys.
Speaker 4: Now, whoa oh Jack Jack, he's me ooh T d Z yay what it used to be? No, where did Jack go? Brian go? Where is he? He's not working for you? Oh oh what gross?
Speaker 6: How we doing?
Speaker 2: How wee feeling so good?
Speaker 5: We are back back to back days. We got the two black hosts.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, it's funny. I love it. Monday started with Francesca. I got to honor my Asian side. Now I'm year there you go my brother black side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then by and then tomorrow will honor need I need.
Speaker 2: Alaz Yeah yeah, my white will come on.
Speaker 5: You will hear from I don't have a white partner, No, no, you I long time.
Speaker 2: Listen back in the day. Look, we're all going in the day. Our lives have seasons, don't they. And speaking of seasons, this is one of the most seasoned our guest today, one of the podcasters, I would say, the og, one of the ogs of the game, one of the few people who can claim a billy okay, a billion downloads, you know what I mean. We're out here struggling trying to get to a million a month, you know what I mean, We're out scrape and trying to This man has done it all. He's a brilliant podcaster, a brilliant voice, a fantastic voice. I mean, like not just speaking musically, he's and also look, it should be no secret that someone this talented is so notable and gracing our second rate podcast with his presence. Please welcome today's guest, mister Chuck Bryant from the show Stuff You Should Know.
Speaker 4: Ow.
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, thank you for accepting me in my middle aged whiteness to the cool club.
Speaker 2: Hey. Look, when Jack's here, he's keeping the he's keeping the quotas up, so you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we're all we're doing perspect There we go. How are you, man? Have you been? I'm great.
Speaker 5: It's good to see you man, it's it's uh, you know, I figure, what year is this for you guys?
Speaker 2: Eight nine, I've been going into eight. This is the beginning of year eight.
Speaker 5: Okay eight years in having me on for the first time, that seems about right.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. Yeah, I had to ask Jack. Was like Jack, you know, I know, you know what it is like one of those things too. It's like you think, like Josh or Chuck would ever come on, and like we get all self conscious. So I'm glad that you come on. You you you you actually made the approach because yes, we're huge fans of you and everything man, happy to be professionally. You're such a good dune guys.
Speaker 5: In a while, the La wildfires brought us together because that's when yeah, you connected checking in on you guys, and yeah, man, well, while I'm mad at you know on the.
Speaker 2: Show, No, no, I know, I was like, I was like, Chuck ain't just checking on me because he wants to be on the show, Like Chuck, No, No, obviously, you're, like I said, you're such a good guy man, and it's great having you. Look just since it is music score day and I know you're a film buff. And I know jack Keys is too. Uh does everyone mind sharing a film score that is near and dear to their heart? Or maybe a composer of film scores? That's that's a good chuck. I know, I feel like you. You probably have one pre set ready to go as a lover of music and film, But is there a score that touches you? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, maybe I can avoid the John Williams stuff because that's just sort of easy to go to. And sure, yeah, and Danny Elfman, uh, you know, all the old Hitchcock stuff, and I'm not sure the composers, but you know it's hard not to listen to something like Psycho and not just the you know, the shower scene stuff, but right, just that great string score through the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Bernard her Money. Oh is that who it is? Yeah? Yeah, yeah that's what I just I looked it up. I didn't know he goes off the podcast or stuff where you don't hear my keyboard typing as I do. Yeah, you're a real Yeah, yeah, obviously I've been doing this. Yeah, that's what I do.
Speaker 1: Is I got too, like, come to mind, I really love the Eternal Sunshine with the spotless mind score.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, I.
Speaker 5: Think it's beautiful in heartbreaking and the music when that with the movie.
Speaker 2: Oh that's John Bryan Okay, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, it's really beautiful.
Speaker 1: And then the last like the last like twenty minutes of Zombie Land score is fantastic, really, like it is so fantastic.
Speaker 2: I like downloaded it.
Speaker 1: I downloaded all the songs just from the last twenty minutes to like listen to as part of.
Speaker 2: My regular rotation. Wow, just because I love it so much. So those is the composer there. Look, I'm gonna I'm gonna look it up so everybody can properly look all these up. I love anything by John Berry, like all that Double O seven stuff, because a lot of that is like upstream from hip hop, like a lot of those. I got really familiar with John John Barry's like compositions because of the samples that it was in, like Senior, Pimps six Underground, like all so many interesting songs. He also, I think, most recently Wash from tru TV off by Kendrick Lamar where it goes Mustard. That horn sample is from The Black Hole, which is a Disney live action film. Yeah, not a good movie. No, no, that was a weird run when Disney was like doing the live action thing, and they're like, you know what, maybe not they weren't there yet.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, the live action of the black Hole?
Speaker 2: What they were They were making films that were completely separate from like sort of the universe of characters we know, like their Disney characters.
Speaker 1: Right right right, yeah, and it made something called The black Hole not not a good movie.
Speaker 5: That's sort of their early stab a sci fi.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because what Flight of the Navigator that was a Disney one too, wasn't was it?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, no, anyway, for Lisa felt like it was all that to say, good having you, Chuck. We are going to get to know you a little bit better. But first I'm gonna do the thing I did yesterday. Just up top, we're gonna eat some news vegetables so we can get to the fun things and less feeling like we live in a rapid fire dystopia. But you know, these are little less messed up than yesterday's. But nonetheless we should touch on the fact Eric Adams, the mayor of New York City, his corruption case has been dismissed a federal judge dismissed the case on Wednesday, but he also denied prosecutors the ability to refile the charges after the mayor election. Judge Dale Eho dismissed the case with prejudice. So basically, this dismissal actually kind of helps Eric Adams from being sort of coerced by the Trump administration because because of this, the Justice Department couldn't wouldn't be able to revive the charges if they wanted to, to sort of be like, you need to play ball or else we'll revive the charges. So because it was just dismissed with prejudice, that's really not on the table. That might be to the dismay of Trump. But also, what are laws anymore? The judge did say this, though, quote there are many reasons to be troubled by the government's decision. Everything here smacks of a bargain dismissal of the indictment in exchange for immigration policy concessions. He found it disturbing, and yes, that seems to be the word of the year. And also yesterday or as we record this is quote unquote Trump's Liberation Day, where we were about to find out what the tariffs exactly are. Will they bring us to an age of prosperity unlike we have ever seen, or will this be one of the biggest economic ls that we will witness in history. I don't know, but experts did say his tariffs would quote royally fuck the US economy, I believe, cost the average household an extra thirty eight hundred dollars per year. So that means if you're living check to check, you need to come up with an extra three hundred dollars a month. That's another way to put it. Things just got three hundred dollars more expensive per month. Lower income households will obviously be paying a huge percentage their income five point five percent difference, you know, a difference compared to one point nine percent for the top ten percent. So we will see, we will see. But there does seem to be more and more Republicans grumbling about the fact when they realize you're like, wait, I'm bordering Canada. Wait, my local economy does depend on robust trade between the two nations. That isn't completely off the rails. So we'll see. But again, we'll probably talk more about that, so we'll keep our eye on that. But now, Chuck Bran, thank you for joining us. What is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are, what you're into right now?
Speaker 5: Oh boy, let me see here. This is something that should really interest you, guys. I was looking at my search history yesterday and it was Bob Dylan setlists.
Speaker 2: Okay, from what like specific years or like is he touring or he's not touring right now? Is constant?
Speaker 5: I truly thought that I thought he was dead.
Speaker 2: Alive.
Speaker 5: I saw him twice last year and oh, dope going in the summer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's still going to hate the movie about him. So I was like, oh, he must be dead.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 2: Usually, like I can't do a biopic if they're alive.
Speaker 5: I mean yeah, usually right for black people, they don't do loud.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was looking at Bob Dylan setlist because I'm a big Dylan fan. And if you're sort of I'm not quite like Dylan ologist level, that's the like the super Nerds. But if you're into Dylan and you've seen him a bunch, it's always very interesting to see what he's going to play. And so he started up his new tour last week and you know, all the all the old middle aged white guy nerds were like, Oh, what's Bob gonna play? So I was checking out what Bob was going to play? Are you requisitely satisfied?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know he pulls out a few old favorites, but you know, he's very famous for the re arranging things, you know, beyond recognition live, Like he's always kind of done that. So you know, just because you see a song like all Along the watch Tower or you know, one of his big hits, doesn't mean that you're going to recognize it when you show up, because he's just gonna.
Speaker 2: Play it in a kind of a crazy way. That's tight.
Speaker 1: I love an artist do that when they give you a little different flavor. Yea for the live performance and then like sometimes I was become like my favorite versions of total if they are released, you know, for public consumption. So yeah, I love that. Also, do you get like, when you go see the set list, will that make you less excited about a concert and not want to go see it or do you just like to be in a room?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: I just love live music. I've been going to shows since I was eleven, and nineteen eighty two is my first show. So I would volunteer usher at you know, the big Omni Arena in Atlanta. I was I was fourteen years old, like I looked probably nine, and I was just showing full grown drunk adults to their seats and stuff. So I just wanted to get in the room. I usually don't if it's a band that I really like, I won't look at the setlist beforehand because I'd just rather be surprised. But with Dylan, it's just so he's one of those guys where it's like, what's Bob gonna play next? Like you kind of never know where he's gonna go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gotcha. Wait, what was that first concert you went to? The very first one?
Speaker 5: Yeah, my first show was a cheap trick at the Fox Theater in Atlanta in nineteen eighty two, and my second one was Van Halen in nineteen eighty three.
Speaker 2: So oh, no, good concept I got going on. Yeah, my first concert, I was nine years old, okay, and I went to see UB forty with US three and US three rings such a bell? Who was here? Okay? They played that song Candeloop that was like hot up up. It was like in every commercial here, I'll play this is just for just so we'll see if we get hit with a copyar strike, as you.
Speaker 5: Know, we have something special down here.
Speaker 2: Last, this is like the most nineties.
Speaker 5: Track recording for Blue Nold Records.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this one. So this was the first concert I went to and my dad took me, and there were so many people smoking weed during the UB forty part of the concert. But I was nine. I had no idea, and I was like, I was like, they could smoke cigarettes in here and I don't. Yeah, yeah, yeah we.
Speaker 1: Shouldrobably get yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: I smelled your Nose cover of Nose.
Speaker 5: I smell made it that cheap trick show and I never smelled that before, and I just remember thinking, like, because you know, the first time you smell it, it smells like nothing else on the plane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, You're like, you've ever smelled it? Burns? I was like, what is that? Oh my god? Yeah, yeah, what a time.
Speaker 1: You guys' first concerts were like, you know, young, cool and fun. No, mine was pretty ump. My mom was around the ten to twelve ages. I can't exactly remember what, but mine was. Mine was the all that concert in ninety seven, ninety eight, somewhere around that, and like, so it was all that they brought the sketches live, but then it was also a concert, so it was ninety eight degrees and Tatiana Ali were like the first people I went to go see in concert, and then my second concert was R.
Speaker 2: Kelly No Shame, one of the at the time Chicago's beloved the time. You know. Yeah, we were stopping in the name. You know, I missed with like TV shows like would do concerts and stuff like I remember seeing the Ninja Turtles live and ship the whole thing. Chuck, what is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: Napps. Yeah, I came out.
Speaker 5: I came out very publicly on stuff you should know when we did a full episode on napping and uh, I came out as a napper, daily napper if I can. And uh I got a lot of email from people that not were shaming me, but just you know, I can't believe you can find time in the middle of your days just to lay down and do nothing.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing nothing, I'm sleeping.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's something you're reading and recharging.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're also how are we talking here? How long? Well?
Speaker 5: They say, and this is the you know, the stuff you should know part, like the science of it is, is that whatever your your one sleep cycle, one rim cycle is is the best nap. So you don't want to cut it short and you don't want to go over that because both of those can make you feel sleepy. So I set my alarm for forty five minutes, but it usually ends up being like thirty five to forty. I'll just sort of naturally wake up feeling good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's funny when people are like, how do you find the time, and like, meanwhile, we're scrolling on our phones for like an hour and a half.
Speaker 5: Straight, look at that screen time number and ask about your time exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you mean? How do you?
Speaker 1: Nobody anybody who says that, I guarantee you does nothing for seventy percent of their day, right because because people who are actually busy know how you can find the time.
Speaker 2: Delivering ground down? Sure? Yeah, yeah, but it all depends.
Speaker 1: Because we actually have little blocks of time where we are in between shit that we could fucking nap.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well that's why you know, we gotta I think we just have to normalize napping across the board, like dreams and things, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Can I all?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: So you're a napper I agree.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask you, you know, because some people and I like, my girlfriend naps too much. Like she'll take she'll go to sleep for like two to four fucking hours. Like that's not a nap. You're fucking yourself.
Speaker 2: Up, making it worse. I mean, yes, but like.
Speaker 1: But also like I, you know, I try to do like the set the alarm for like twenty to forty minutes somewhere in that rang no one that'll take me a few minutes.
Speaker 2: To go to sleep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, blah blah blah. But I also do not nap in my bed. I only save same like actual sleep time for my bed. Is it just like couch or chair napping?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a nap.
Speaker 5: I got a napping couch in my h my spirit my office area.
Speaker 2: So that's where I go.
Speaker 5: All right, turn on the white noise actually brown noise, and put on the sleep sleep mask and.
Speaker 2: Brown noise like a bunch of farts. Yeah, if white noise is this brown noises?
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh okay, just lower lower frequencies.
Speaker 2: Oh I like that too. There's my beat.
Speaker 1: There's also pink noise, I think, Yeah, I've heard of there's a bunch of noise there's a bunch of noises.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a bunch of noise out there, A bunch of noise. The noise economy is thriving right now. Yeah, Chuck, What is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 5: Well, I have a I have a whole list of people I think are both overrated and overexposed that I sort of go off about to my friends all the time.
Speaker 2: Spill that tea. I think we.
Speaker 5: Should get Peyton Manning, Dave Groll, Matthew McConaughey, Jimmy Fallon in the Rock and put them on a rocket ship and shoot them out to the ISS and tell them just to spend a couple of quality years there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I'm tired of all those guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can I can rock with you, except on a rock because I'm a wrestling fan. So he'd become he'd be coming back sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he'd becoming I think that would be tolerable, right, the rock, just coming back to do wrestling. It's all the other stuff. I'm like, that's fair, that's fair too much.
Speaker 5: Without guys, he's he's I mean, I'm not a big Dave girl fan, so I should say I'm probably a little biased. But he's dialed it back a little bit since he got outed with his uh extra marital affair.
Speaker 2: But before that, he was just one of those overexposed guys.
Speaker 5: He was everywhere all the time, showing up like McConaughey these days, like I don't need to see Matthew McConaughey on the sideline of every Texas football game fifteen times.
Speaker 1: You know, right, or selling me insurance? Yeah cars? Oh yeah, that I'm like he does he does a few. He does like Hulu commercial. He'd be doing a lot of commercial.
Speaker 2: It was true, like Dave Groll for a second would be like in so many like viral internet videos, like there was a stretch. It's like Dave girl showed up to play with this kid's birthday and it's like sort of how Jackie's you know, It's like how on Ham kept showing up at you stuff and like doing comedy stuff all the time. We're like, Okay, John, we get it. Bro.
Speaker 5: You like comedy, yes, and we get it. You have a big dick and you like.
Speaker 2: Every character you come in when sorry, John, one note for your improv every time you come in you go doctor. My penis is so big what should I do. No, it wasn't surprising.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait so you said, okay Fallon, yep, we said Fallinton, Peyton Manning Man just like Eli's on the list now too. But god, I'm so tired of those guys.
Speaker 1: They do a lot, They do a lot, especially just I mean I I do think Peyton is funny ish, like he has a natural like time. Yeah, but the bars, but the bar is low for athletes. Yeah, so that's that's fair. But he is he is out there in these streets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, he's And don't they have like a whole man show. It wasn't like a show with all them too or something. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Well, when you can watch Monday night football with just those two brothers as the you know, like in their bedroom watching it or whatever, like the Manning cast.
Speaker 2: Oh right, right, right, Because Tom Brady is not great on Mike put him on that rocket too. I'm tired of that guy. Yeah, yeah, I'm tired of touchdown Tommy. All right, Well, let's take a quick break and we'll come back, because hey, the Trump administration is finally starting to wobble, so we will take a look at that right after this, and we're back. So, you know, after a few really shitty months under Trump and Musk, we are finally starting to see some of the weaknesses emerge from this administration. And early this week, Tuesday especially, seem to be a really bad day for Trump and the GOP at large. The first thing, so, the GOP attempted to kill a proxy voting bill for new parents. Right, So the whole thing was like, hey, if you've had a new kid, you don't have to come to DC for the first three months. You can you can vote by proxy. So it also doesn't completely negate your vote as a member of Congress. Now Speaker Mike Johnson really did not want this to happen, but they they overcame this when nine Republicans defected to join the Democrats on this one, and hey, they're like, yeah, maybe we should be okay with new parents like still being able to like cast their vote as Congress people. You know, I think this kind of made things a little bit tough for Mike Johnson because he was so mad he adjourned the House for the rest of the week, meaning, you know what, we're not even gonna vote in to We're not doing any work this week. We're done. I'm gonna play this clip from him where he's gonna sound very like acting as if something terrible happened. But really, just keep in mind, all of this is because he lost So he just lost control of his you know, his members, so publicly. This is Mike Johnson talking about that this was this was so bad and now we can't vote anymore.
Speaker 9: Ninety six percent of House Republicans voted against proxy voting because they believe it's unconstitutional and they agreed that it would open a Pandora's box. And so that's what we just saw. Let me just make this clear. That rule being brought down means that we can't have any further action on the floor this week. That means we will not be voting on the Save Act Election Integrity, We will not be voting on the rogue judges who are attacking President Trump's agenda. We will not be taking down these terrible Biden policies with the CRA votes. All that was just wiped off the table is very unfortunate. We'll regroup and come back and we'll have to do this again.
Speaker 2: So sure, Mike, Sure, jan as we say, and that's what happened. That's now now we can't do all these other things we said we are going to do. I just don't believe it. But they're really into the constitution when they're into.
Speaker 5: It, yeah, I know, right, yeah, when it's convenient.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really jarring to see them always like do things that are completely are so purely on its face unconstitutional, but then still try and use that rhetoric to evoke the Constitution to act like there is some kind of higher purpose to any of this.
Speaker 5: When isn't that surprise in miles.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, yes, I say, I say, I say that, But I've I think I've lost the capacity to be surprised or shocked to do the city of them.
Speaker 5: It's very funny.
Speaker 1: Is it is so interesting to me too, because I'm like, you know, I've been wondering, like, will we start to see the cracks like at this point or not? Man Like, we all know what's going on in a dangerous administration and everything like that, But.
Speaker 5: Like it's so they they don't like this.
Speaker 1: Man Like when when they thought like Trump was done after he lost the first election, they was like, this motherfucker is terrible.
Speaker 2: He's b and they was like, damn here about to win again?
Speaker 1: He's great, He's fantastic, right, and it's just so clear, And that's what I'm waiting for. I'm waiting for the moment when it's clear that like, all right, we're finally done with Trump's policy like blah blah blah. I want to see, like how much infighting it's going to happen.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's already happening, happening because there's I think because right now the policies are so terrible and unpopular that even like his biggest supporters are having trouble like wrapping their heads around like even like the tariffs is a really good example of that, because as much as they want to sort of be like exactly America first, they really don't realize the pain that it's going to inflict on their own constituents and even their own donors within the state whose industries will be affected, who they need that cash to stay in office. It's it's a very tight rope they're walking. And I think that's also why there are Republican in the Senate we are now considering joining the Democrats to like rebuke the Canadian tariffs, so basically stop this emergency declaration that Trump made to say, like we have to have tariffs because of Fentanel crossing the border, which is like not even a thing that even Pulsi Gabbard agrees with. She's like, yeah, it's not really coming in from there. And again these are there are small things like I it's it's hard to say, like, will there be a moment where they finally just say, you know what, we're off this because I just don't. It's truly a cult at this point. But on some level, that instinct for self preservation as a politician like begins to like sort of bubble up and it comes out in this kind of way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you gotta hold onto that power, guys. Yeah, by all any means necessary. It's uh, at some point the House in the Senate that we're gonna want to actually do their jobs. I would think, uh, because they're gonna want to govern and their and their constituents are gonna want them to govern, and they're not doing that. So I mean, I think that's when the cracks might start furthering a little bit. It's like, yeah, when they realize that they don't even have a job. Their job is just to their cheerleaders. At this point, right.
Speaker 2: See, this would be a great time for safe Light to sponsor the show because I could say, and much like when you get a little nick on your windshield but starts as a small star can turn into a large crack that will compromise the structural integrity of your windshield. That's why safe Light repairs, Safe Light replace. Okay, got you, man, I'm gonna get my dad on that. Bro he started, he started, He helped start safe Light, So I'm gonna get my dad on that. Really.
Speaker 10: No, I don't know, man, I thought that I know, and I know there's intellectually too about you, but damn, this is the dry delivery of improvisers that is very hard to deal with sometimes in a serious news not a serious news show, but when you're talking about the news.
Speaker 5: Well you change your name from from Neil from safe Light because.
Speaker 1: That was that was that was, that was what gave it away, right because you know Jack Keyes is like a NEPO baby, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: His dad's a Safelight.
Speaker 1: We said, that's while his glass looks so good, man, Yeah you.
Speaker 2: Never noticed, you never notice, has nothing no glasses cracked around him?
Speaker 1: No, that's never not even in his not even his skin no crush. I saw him drop a drop a cup and it didn't break.
Speaker 2: And when I saw one time, yeah, one time he did. One time he dropped a wine glass and shattered. Someone came out, the shadows replaced it for him, just came. I couldn't believe it. Another one. So here, let's move on to some trouble and Musk world, because I think that's some of the most satisfying news right now. To start off right, Politico is reporting that President Trump has told members of the Cabinet and other people within the White House that Elon Musk will be stepping back soon to follow his dreams of making just the worst ship posts on Twitter. Just a month ago, officials were stating that Musk was like, They're like, he's here to stay. He's doing a great job. He's really bringing all these innercies to light by errantly firing people who are in charge of nuclear safety. Sure, but again, because he has a nonsenate, confirmed confirmed position and is a technically temporary government employee, he can only be employed for one hundred and thirty days legally. And I say legally, because what are laws anymore? But we don't still don't know, you know, what is going to happen. But you know, the if he actually steps back, if he just does this shadow thing to keep the heat off of Trump. But either way, I'm glad to see that his kid will finally be retiring as a Secret Service agent he go to preschool, because that will be you know, kids deserve to play. They don't need to be meat chias, you know what I mean. They deserve to have fun. So to that end, right, this brings us to the Wisconsin Supreme Court race.
Speaker 5: So whoa eat shit, my boy.
Speaker 2: Liberal Susan Crawford won the Wisconsin Supreme Court race against Brad Shimmel on Tuesday. They called that race like fucking almost instantly. That's how much of that's how much of a smash job this was, and how big of a fucking loss this was for Brad Shimmel, the conservative seeking that court bench position. So we all know Elon put about twenty million dollars of his money and associated groups that are aligned with him into this race in an attempt to swathe.
Speaker 1: He was like giving out. He was like giving out million dollar checks and shit, yeah with a.
Speaker 2: Big old cheesehead, you know, Wisconsin. Yeah, he pulled up to Wisconsin with a cheesehead hat on giving out million dollar novelty checks, one of them to like the kid who was like the head of like the college young Republicans in the area. It's like, these weren't even normal people. They're just like, yeah, total plants. I'm sure. He's like, look, we'm gonna give you this million dollar checks, right, you can keep you can keep like fifty grand, okay, yeah, and let's just yeah. And also, man, after taxes, this one hundred thousand probably ended up being like, you know, like three fifty anyway, So like, let's just let's just call it. Let's let's just make this simple for everybody. But Crawford's win now to this bench now established liberals as the majority on the four to three court. So it's maintaining the liberal majority, which is huge because there are things like the census coming up where you know that has huge implications on how districts are drawn. And this is again a very consequential thing because again with Wisconsin being a purple state, there are a lot of things that are going to go in front of that court that can be pushed either way, like again, labor rights, access to abortion care, all those kinds of things so great, fantastic the thing that people are really starting to see now it's like Elon truly like verifiably made things worse. Yeah, Brad Shimmel, You know, like Crawford's data suggested that she was at an advantage, but not a ten point blowout like that. It ended up being so one writer in Politico sort of put it this way, just showing how sort of naive Musk is with his sort of show voting quote. Insisting on showing up to campaign to a campaign in the final weekend of the campaign was self defeating enough. But it's hard to think of another state besides neighboring Minnesota that would be less receptive to handing out money for votes. These are high turnout, healthy civic culture states. Musk may not have known that, But why didn't any Republicans who did steer him away from Like why didn't any Republicans steer him away from the cash gambit? I think because I don't speaks to his arrogance.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because it well, it wouldn't matter because he thinks, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, he brought he brought the presidency.
Speaker 1: So yeah, in his mind, he just like, I'm the richest man on the planet. I got the most power on the planet. Uh, you know, I'm an immigrant who, like you know, apparently exactly.
Speaker 5: Of course he wouldn't listen, right, So, Miles, are you saying that Elon Musk potentially persuaded this election in the wrong direction and the very next day it was announced that he would be stepping away a little bit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, very straight. The grumblings happen like that. And I also wonder if the Elon announcement is timed with the tariff stuff, because I wonder if that story leaks for people to go, okay, well, maybe the doge stuff will finally die down and give a little bit of confidence to the market because the tariffs aren't being announced till the fucking market's close. Yeah. Like, people, it's very intentionally, you know what I mean. Like, that's one thing about Trump. He knows he's like, Okay, I don't want to have a headline about how I announced it that morning and then what it did to the stock market. I mean, now they'll just say what it did to the stock market the next day, right, But it's gonna fucking yeah, oh yeah, yeah. I mean a lot of people are saying because none, none of the tariff stuff as of this recording has been really cemented. Like even Caroline Levitt, who's the Press secretary, is like, I yeah, maybe, like there's no real concrete answer yet. It's all very much in this man's brain, if that's what we called that in his skull. But I mean, like, if you look at this the swing map that the New York Times put out from this congressional race, the entire fucking state swum left after voting for Trump in the presidential election.
Speaker 1: So you know, some of these races and some of this this past election was weird, man, like not speaking you know, progressiveness of side and how we were very disappointed and disheartened and disinterested in our own side for multiple reasons. Uh, there were so many instances of like X Y and Z one but Kamala.
Speaker 5: Lass down ballot. It's so weird, man, it was. And then like now this blowout and like, I get it. We have what.
Speaker 1: Month is this, February, March, Mar, April. I've been too busy. We have four months of this presidency second term.
Speaker 2: We get it.
Speaker 5: We knew it was happening, but like.
Speaker 1: Are people that dissatisfied where they're like, damn, this foremost was so bad list have a blowout, or like there was that race closer than it was supposed to be an Elon. Really, I mean there are people are not wait to be like that because I never thought that before.
Speaker 2: But like, plenty of people are casting expersions on like what the materially may have happened in the election. I don't know. I definitely see how people became disinterested in this election based on the fact that nothing was being addressed that affected working people directly, Like it was all this very like high altitude political talk. Rather than telling people like we will get you free health care, we are going to raise minimum wage, we are like these are the exact stated policies, And there was this whole they were chasing the mythical Trump voter who was an independent who they might be able to pick up off, rather than really energizing the base. But anyway, plenty of course mortems have happened on the presidential election. But I do think sadly so many people went into that election so uninformed that now they see what is actually happening and they're like, oh no, no, no, all right, boy, what's what's happening here, but you know, around the around the country, there were also special elections where Republicans were defending seats where like Matt Gates had left and others, and they they did win those special elections. However, they get underperformed considerably.
Speaker 5: So by like I think the Trump win some of these by like thirty points, and then they won by fourteen or fifteen.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's a bit, that's a big dip. It's definitely, yeah, it's happening. It's definitely the thing. Something is in the air, for sure. But hey, let's not let's not worry about Elon because he is being as predictable as any thin skinned bully who just got shot on so publicly. He claims that the actual thing he was spending money on in this race where he was out here handing out million dollar checks to vote for Brad Shimmel for Supreme Court, he said, it was the voter ID law that that got voted and approved during that election. That's actually that was the whole point. Oh, come on, so no else taken. That's the thing he said, I expect. This is what he tweeted like last or this technically this morning. He said, I expected to lose, but there is value that losing a piece for a positional game. I'm sorry, what is you spent twenty You spent twenty million dollars expecting to lose? Man, he's give me twenty million. Yeah, he go ahead and get me.
Speaker 1: He'd give me ten million dollars for me to play Lebron James and basketball.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna lose. I'm gonna lose. But if that's okay with him?
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, yeah, right, yeah, I'll make it interesting. I'll make it into Oh yeah, you want me to dunk on Lebron? Yeah, yeah, okay, I'll make it yeah, easy, easy, I can make that happen. Then, yeah, first possession. Boy, I knew that was gonna happen. I knew that was to happen.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean because right before this specific election for the Wisconsin State Supreme Court, he was saying this specific race could quote determine the future of Western civilization. Yeah, but of course, but of course, but it was it was about No, I wouldn't really concerned about that. This is giving peak ray J behavior, Chuck. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the very famous interaction between ray J and speedy. Ray J the entertainer. He was out here hawking new sunglasses that he said were indestructible. I'm gonna play the clip because it's it's the exact same energy when ray J is like, I have unbreakable glasses, and they're like.
Speaker 5: You've never seen this before.
Speaker 2: This is this is basically Elon Musk saying, yeah, you expected to lose.
Speaker 8: I just feel like you're so.
Speaker 5: Frivolous with your products.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: You're slapping the table, they're flying everywhere.
Speaker 7: You're tossing the glasses.
Speaker 3: They're unbreakable, unbreakable, breakable.
Speaker 7: Break them.
Speaker 2: Step on right now. No, you step on them. It's your product. You step on all that.
Speaker 4: Speedy, step on them.
Speaker 8: I can't do that.
Speaker 2: I bet you can break these. They're unbreakable. They're not unbreakable, Speedy, don't tell me the unbred Listen, don't challenge Listen, don't challenge there, break Listen.
Speaker 5: Speedy, they're unbreakable, they cannot break.
Speaker 4: It's impossible.
Speaker 2: I don't care, but that's amazing. Boom, I don't care. That's really funny.
Speaker 5: No one in R and D and testing did no one ever try to just snap them in half like that.
Speaker 2: Like hand them to a four year old my gosh right, exactly, wear them near a toddler who likes to grab that people's breakable. It's not boo, I don't care that. That's really funny. Great, thanks Elon, You're in good company here. But yeah, I mean crack man.
Speaker 5: He is a rich white boy who was a fucking nerd.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we should say olivegark, you know, rich oligause he is a little more loaded. I think, yeah, yeah, you're rich. You know we are rich.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we are rich and spirit poor in cash.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: And who was a nerd and probably got bullied for being a fucking nerd, and which is not good.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that's good.
Speaker 1: Stop, you know, tell your children to stop bullying nerds because they grow up to be Elon musk uh. And then, like most nerds were people like that who grow up and get money in a little power, they become the worst human beings on the planet.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: And then funny thing is he just still doesn't know how to do it.
Speaker 1: He doesn't know because he's still getting we still roast the ship out of I know it affects him so much, and it brings me a measurable joy.
Speaker 2: He said. Something that's really telling is that he said empathy is destroying the United States.
Speaker 5: Sure, that's the thing I've seen that. That's sort of like the the men's rights movement. There's this this supposed Christian empathy is destroying our you know, our manhood are and and like and then the clip I saw was one of the guys that's like, you know, especially Christian women. You know, these fine Christian women are just far too empathetic, Like, man, I'm sorry, what a world we're living in.
Speaker 2: And that's I want those people to go. You know what Jesus' fucking problem.
Speaker 5: Was, right, Yeah, too much empatic empathy?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna say too much? I mean, they probably would because at this point it's this religiosity has just been a cover to sort of excuse their tools.
Speaker 6: I wish they would have put me up on that cross. Do you think I was gonna let them nail me to the crossing? I would have let them nail me to the cross. I would have put them ships out like this, what's up?
Speaker 2: I'm the son of God. Try it. I would have vaporized them all with my laser.
Speaker 5: Eyes, like the wine baby turning ya all on one.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, gol Gotha would have been a pile of empty wine bombs. Baby, that's what That's what would happen. But anyway, so.
Speaker 8: The the other thing, too is I think, well, that's what the christ is gonna be about. Matter what I mean, I feel like we're close to some kind of completely retailing of the Bible where Jesus is some like badass with no empathy who hates immigrants or.
Speaker 5: Something that might be that because there's too many punish your t shirts like super white thin from the Middle East, but super white somehow super.
Speaker 2: Thin blue line tattoo on his on his back or whatever. Yeah, it'll be, it'll be. It'll be dope. But again, I think it's important to keep in mind while the word is that Musk may sort of publicly or formally leave Doge and we don't know what happens after that. This cannot the media cannot let this be an optics wind for Trump and allow a narrative to take hold to be like, well, now that Musk is leaving the White House, maybe the country will go back to something recognizable. No oh no, it's not limited to Musk. And also, let's understand that he is putting money behind things to keep Trump's agenda going. So even if he's out of the spotlight, he's still very much part of this. And I don't know, we'll see how mainstream media handles this. But I just don't let up Musk, you know, faith in the mainstream media. God, maybe maybe maybe bring me back, Bring me back, guys, don't let don't let the Musk leaving thing become like, all right, well he's finally cleaned house. You still have a bunch of weird Cretans in that White House. Anyway, that's some l's for the Republicans. That was a nice little thing. Let's take a break, and when we come back, just some thoughts on the passing of Val Kilmer.
Speaker 4: What we do back.
Speaker 2: And we are back. So on we just Tuesday, we did have the fight out about the passing of the actor Val Kilmer. He passed away at the age of sixty five. He was battling cancer since twenty fourteen, but did succumb to pneumonia, as we found out from one of his children. I didn't realize that he was like initially hesitant to undergo medical treatment because I didn't know he was like a Christian scientist, but then later he did do He was like, no, I'm doing chemo, and he had multiple tracheotomies and eventually was using a feeding tube. But I just like it's interesting to think about Val Kilmer because he's sort of like one of these I feel like underrated in a way when I think about how powerful a lot of his performances are, but you don't people don't necessarily like sort of mention him in the same breath as like some other sort of huge, sort of superstar actors. But gotta say Doc Holliday was one of my favorite, Like it's like one of the first times I really liked a Western was Tombstone, and I was like, oh, this is again. He's just kind of there, like doing his thing. Top Secret was another comedy that I loved. I think is super underrated, at least for people my age and who could forget Willow. But yeah, I just I just wanted to open it up because I think Val Kilver was just kind of one of those people who have they've sort of left it. He's left an impact on generations through like all the different kinds of roles he's at.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean it hit me kind of hard because like I wasn't you know, I wouldn't have listed him as like one of my favorite actors or anything like that. But gen x like my Instagram with gen x ers was just lit up with Val Kilmer tributes, and you know, if you're my age, you know, I'm in my early fifties now. As a teenager, it's like Real Genius and Top Secret, right, and then Willow and Top Gun and Tombstone, and then in college he's in he plays Jim Morrison in the Doors, and it's like he was just always there doing these roles that weren't like Oscar winning roles, but he was. He was in hugely popular movies from the time that you know, if you were a gen xer, from the time you were like, you know, nine, ten years old up through like you know, playing Elvis in True Romance, like doing cool Ship like that. So he's it's just one of those things. We also kind of had to mourn him twice in a way because of the devastation of his cancer, you know, basically making him go away and not being able to act anymore.
Speaker 2: So it's just super sad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was, it was.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 5: It was nice and sad to see him in the latest Top Gun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that was a big deal for him.
Speaker 2: He got to act one more time.
Speaker 1: You still see the acting shots, but he couldn't speak obviously, but it was it was I'm very happy that he got to have that experience before he passed away. Yeah, cancer kicked his ass the last years of his life, which and you know part I don't want to talk about, like his recently or not doing doing treatments.
Speaker 2: At first, it's more like, yeah, I didn't realize that.
Speaker 1: No, well no, no, no, I mean well, it was a huge point because people are saying people did say that that was a part of the reason why devastating and the accelerated in the way it did. Yeah, but I'm gonna say something that's uh not a popular opinion. It's good for Vaucumer. But I liked Batman forever. Oh, Valcumer is my Batman man.
Speaker 5: I was waiting for his ass to go.
Speaker 1: No, no, I liked I like Batman forever, and Valcumer was my bat like I loved Michael Keaton. When the original Batman came out, I was three or four, so and I do remember those original Batman's before Batman Forever, which is why I wanted to go see Batman for Michael Keaton because like the Keaton Batman's because I loved those, and then the Batman anime the series, but like Batman Forever with Tommy Lee Jones and Jim Carrey and Valcumer and Drew barrymore Nicole, like.
Speaker 5: The introducing of Robin and like it was like a and.
Speaker 1: Like the first two were very like gritty in and this one was very like colorful and and like a comic book.
Speaker 5: And I love Valcuum. I love Batman with.
Speaker 1: A lisp uh that movie and the Cole Kitman's fine ass in that movie. Like so I've always had an affinity for Val Kilmer since Batman Forever, and then like got to watch other his other stuff.
Speaker 2: So I think felt like the passing of the tour. Like that felt like millennial Batman, you know what I mean? Like where because it was so nineties that Joel Schumacher directed Batman Forever, because so colorful to your point, like in way different and had Yeah, man, I loved it. I liked it.
Speaker 1: So I will I will say something that not many people say. Val Kilmer is my batman.
Speaker 2: Whoa, Yeah, I mean it ain't George Clooney for me, it will and not even Christian Bale for me, Like I it would be between Michael Keaton and Val Kilmer for me. Yeah, yeah, you know, I think I'll give the edge to Mike.
Speaker 5: That's fair.
Speaker 2: That's fair.
Speaker 1: That that is the that is the popular opinion, which is popular for a reason because it is generally true.
Speaker 5: But I love Val Kilmer. Did y'all see the documentary The Val Kilmer documentary a couple of years ago? I heard it was Finn heard it really good. Yeah, you've heard check it out, you know, I feel like maybe it's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Is it just like just sort of is it like a retrospective on his life or just kind of where he's.
Speaker 5: At or yeah, kind of all of both. It's really really well done. And his son narrates it and sounds exactly it's almost he's he's narrating it as his father in the first person, but his voice sounds just like him, so like it's almost like he got his voice back, you know, for this thing. And it's really very moving. Oh it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Well, Chuck, thank you so much for joining us on the Daily Zeitgeist. Man, it's been an absolute pleasure and an honor. Where do the people find you? Follow you, hear you all that good stuff?
Speaker 5: You know, stuff you should know. We're in our seventeenth year. So if you can't find that show, then you know you need more help than I can help you with. Wherever you get your podcasts that they say you could. I'm on Instagram. That's the only thing I do, Chuck the podcaster is my Instagram handle.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: I want to see pictures of me and my dogs and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: And also your Apron shout out your new Apron you bought at the beginning of the year. I also want Apron man Geese. I can't remember the brand now, but yeah, it's good looking Apron. I'm I've been on the Apron game for three years now because I love cooking, and especially when you're trying something sizzling. I had I would just get all something like oil pop stains on my shirts and stuff. Then I'm like, what yeah I doing? Is there a work of media, social or otherwise any kind of media that you've been enjoying that you want to put people on to or just shout out generally.
Speaker 5: I'm going to shout out a TV show that's kind of newish, but I know a lot of people are watching the Studio, but I am way into that show. I think it's any industry, movie industry, TV industry stuff is always fun for me, and I think it is brilliant. I think seth Rogen is just fucking amazing. How incredibly talented that guy is. The second episode, the Ononer, is just incredible. Tell me and everything about it.
Speaker 2: I just I just started it, and Jackie is you'll. I think it's definitely requisite viewing for anyone interested that idea appeals to you. But when you're when you really when you know kind of the vibes it's it's in a way that it's terrifyingly hilarious. And also they say Catherine Hans's character is like shading someone very specific in the industry, and now I'm really curious what that is. Have you seen you see?
Speaker 5: I'll watch it.
Speaker 1: I have I do have trouble watching things that I went up for and didn't get, but I will watch it because, like it did go to someone who is I love Dwayne Perkins is fantastic and he's great, and I love Dwayne and like, it seems like such a fun show, and I've heard nothing but good things about it, so I'll swallow my pride try to bring.
Speaker 5: Up a pain point for you.
Speaker 1: It's completely fine, It's completely fine. I hear it's fantastic though. I hear it's great people and there's so many good people in it too. Yeah, yeah, it's really I was.
Speaker 2: I was taking it back, absolutely, Jackies, where do the people find you? Follow you? Hear you all of that good stuff?
Speaker 1: Listen, you know, if you give me just sixty seconds, I'll say, you can find me always in these streets. Yes, you can also find me at Jackie's Neil on Instagram, a blue Sky, whatever you are on. Also, I mentioned this yesterday. I'll mention it again. Comedian Clash. We are doing a little mini Texas tour coming in June to Texas. We're doing three city tours Austin, Houston, Dallas. I still have not announced it. We have not fully announced it officially yet, so these are the first eyes announcing it, So keep your eyes out. In the next like three ish weeks, will be announcing the tours and tickets will be going on sale and everything like that. I'm also keep an eye on on dropout TV.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, that's all I can say until things are announced, but just keep your eyes out for that. A work of media, and I am liking I just put something in a chat this this this, this, this is so you know, like during halftime when like or like timeouts or whatever where they have like little games at basketball games, they have little like things for the fans to do. This one was two fans and they had to like run to opposite ends of the court and do layups and like do multiple layups and blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: That's basically what the game was. Layup contest.
Speaker 1: If you started at like thirteen seconds, one of the dudes, who's going to do a layup? Like tears this ACL's the layup and then.
Speaker 5: The woman who's the host does not know what to do. Yeah, and I was.
Speaker 1: I was so high when I watched this last night, and I was on the fucking floor last ye.
Speaker 2: That's why I make sure if you do one of these things, look at the paperwork you're signing. Okay, I don't know, he might be sl with that a c L surgery, but here we go.
Speaker 4: Placing on the board the bust off.
Speaker 2: So they're at the half court line. They're getting warmed up.
Speaker 4: We'll be a winner.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Dad, Are you writing.
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 2: Oh he's already took off so hard.
Speaker 7: Oh no, he is not good. Oh man, man is just going he's a man.
Speaker 5: Is just still doing layup.
Speaker 2: He's winning that take second.
Speaker 5: She's just in the back like can you.
Speaker 1: Even his opponent is like hey to and she makes him stop doing the layops, like here, you stop doing layups?
Speaker 5: Some check old with me.
Speaker 1: It is so fucking funny to me, It might not be funny anybody else.
Speaker 2: I was at that game.
Speaker 5: You were at that game.
Speaker 2: I was. I didn't see that though I was.
Speaker 5: It was I was, you know, I was getting a beer or something because I wasn't in there, but my buddy told me about it. When I got back. I got a lot of Hawks games.
Speaker 2: So so funny, that's oh god, that was just also like that's also a terrible injury. That's I'm like, like it's funny, like in a comedic sense, but like it is. But I feel you're like, damn, you did that added Hawks.
Speaker 1: Game for man and then he got to have he got to he had to be taken off on the stretcher.
Speaker 2: Also, did he slip on some moisture like he slipped I don't know if he slipped his knee gave out like I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm sure he signed something.
Speaker 2: Where James called Sweet James. This would be another moment.
Speaker 1: If we were.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by Sweet James Law, you could have this man should be suing that. That's Chuck's dad, right, James James? Right? We oh, yeah, that's right, that was James. Actually, yeah, here we are.
Speaker 5: Tell you he's no Jimmy Safelight though.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah. A work of media I like is from at Janis dot bsky dot Social posted give Hayao Miyazaki a gat full legal immunity and the home addresses of open Ais border directors because of the ghibli Ai stuff is an abomination to jibli fans. I gotta say. At Leayonbscott dot bsky dot Social posted my new theory is that once you have a certain amount of money and wealth, you start to go crazy and detached from reality. That number is different for everyone. For me, it's twenty dollars. Uh and I just really diea I know that feeling. That's like when the paycheck hits. Anyway, you can find me at Miles of Gray pretty much anywhere. You can also find this show at the Daily Zeitgeist on Twitter or at daily Zeitgeist on Twitter, at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram, at daily Zeitgeist on Blue Skype just daily Zeitgeist. We're everywhere. We're everywhere. And also look, if you're listening to the episode, just go reckon your little app right there, look at the episode notes and that's where you will find the footnotes. Okay, that's where we link off to the information we talked about in the episode, and also the song that we are going to ride out on. I just want to say, as you probably heard on Monday's episode, I'm getting back into music because after the fire, lost all my musical equipment and I've just been yearning to make music again. But part of that has been for me has been DJing because I used to DJ a ton when I was in high school in college, so I just started dipping my toe back in djaying, and I'm like so overcome by some of these old school like dance house tracks from yesteryear that just hits so hard for whatever reason, and there's just one song I want to I just need to shout out. It's everyone's heard it, but it is I think one of the best tracks. It's the Bomb by the Bucketheads. Okay, this sounds moving through my mind on ye that track, that whole track, but the longer version has such a great build up. I just want to say, put that in your stereo and have a good time, because it gives me great joy and I hope it does for you too. So that's it for today. The Daily Zeitgeist is a production of iHeartRadio for more podcasts or my Heart Radio visit iHeartRadio of Apple Podcasts or wherever they give these things away for free. That's going to do it for us today or this afternoon or this morning. But we will be back later to tell you what is trending, and until then, aboye bye. The Daily zeit Guist is executive produced by Catherine Law
Speaker 5: Co produced by Bee Wang, co produced by Victor Wright, edited and engineered by Justin Conner.