Speaker 1: Well this Hey, welcome to Monday Show Morning Studio. One is Neon Moon, the greatest Brooks and Dun song. Boots Scooting is pretty good, not.
Speaker 2: The greatest, So it's it's too neat. It's like too novel Marina. If there's a line dance to it, it can't be the best best.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a good point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Neon Moon.
Speaker 1: Man, like an artist's best song has got to be one with like emotion, not just a.
Speaker 2: Upbeat, right, But like Garth's best is Friends in Low Places.
Speaker 1: No, it's not not by far, and maybe his biggest. The biggest doesn't mean best, okay, because if you're gonna get to listen to one Garth Brooks song, it's probably like unanswered prayers that will see Marvels whatever that that you know, it's one of those uh sometimes late or not if Marron never comes right, it's like one of those slow wins.
Speaker 2: That's why I think the Brooks had done. The greatest song is Neon Moon. When the sun goes down? What's the brand new Man's good too great? They have a million great songs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it falls in that like roll kind of more upbeat category.
Speaker 2: It's hard for an upbeat song to be an artist that has been around for generations, hard for an upbeat song to be their best because you don't connect as much and upbeat songs. Lunchbox is not really taking a part of the music.
Speaker 3: You're gonna miss me sing it. That's not him saying. Google songs by Brook Brooks have done that. Came up brook It's not them, it's by what Wait.
Speaker 2: You're gonna miss Me when I'm Gone. That's not the same song as You're Gonna miss Me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, You're gonna miss me when we gone me Gone. I don't know, man, I sound like.
Speaker 2: I think Tray Adkins sings You're gonna miss this.
Speaker 3: I just I just googled Brooks and dun it.
Speaker 2: When I'm Gone You're gonna miss me When I'm gone, You're gonna miss me?
Speaker 3: And I saw that. I was like, I know that song, but I don't know that song goes Let's see anyway.
Speaker 2: I think it's Neil Moon.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I can't agree with that, and I.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't fight to the death over it, but I feel pretty strongly about it. I was thinking about it.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know Red Dirt Road.
Speaker 1: Man, it's great that one you throw dirt road, keep going, that's all I got.
Speaker 3: No, keep going.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: The first beer? What Jesus, where are found?
Speaker 2: The girl that I call my missus almost rhymes, so that one. I'd listen to that in an argument. That's one that makes you feel stuff. Uh do you ever hear the Casey Musgraves, Brooks and Done Neon Moon from the reboot one. I have heard that.
Speaker 1: Let's let's play it, and then I want to come back and we'll talk to Ronnie Done because I'm doing a second reboot project.
Speaker 2: On the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 1: Now, let's talk about Brooks and Dune for just I know you guys made a big announcement, so you guys are rebooting again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's another boot, another boot too, Yeah, this one, you know, the first one we try to keep everything between the lines. That was kind of the mandate, you know, you can have a little bit of artistic freedom, whatever you wanted to do. And it played out great. This one. We turned to everybody lease eighteen artists and I really I have to look at my phone.
Speaker 1: No, I have them all here, you have them, yeah, And I have specific questions about some of them because I think this is really interesting.
Speaker 2: Like I like Marcus King a lot.
Speaker 4: Yes, me too, And you did a rock my Little Country turned it into a completely different animal. Have you heard any snippets from it? It's like, god, freak out.
Speaker 2: I've heard no snippets from the music. But you know you.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you did it on purpose or accidentally, but you sent me the whole contract to this record. What time it night was exactly? No, I have like the literal contract that you sent me.
Speaker 4: Really it must be especially the detachment from my word thing Okay.
Speaker 1: And I was like, I probably shouldn't know all the intimate details about how much Ronnie's made.
Speaker 4: Look, it's not gonna hurt I trust you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't send it anywhere, But you send me the whole contract to this record. And I was like, I don't know if he's telling me or he could have just said, hey, we're.
Speaker 4: Doing reboot too. I probably needed you to interpret it for me because I can't take out of stuff. I didn't want to play a lawyer, although you're not You're not cheap.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How about Kingfish, someone I didn't expect to see on a record, Yeah.
Speaker 4: How about it? He comes in with his entire band. They come up with a black van and a black trailer, walk in their equipment set up. They're tuning their stuff, putting strings on the guitars, and you know, after about thirty minutes or an hour, they sit down and rip, just tear into it. He's hot right now. I mean you see him in a cacella all over the place. I mean it's hot period, but blues way South, you know, Mississippi. Yeah, but the real.
Speaker 2: Deal, jelly Roll, don't believe. Yeah, that's a very passionate song. Jelly Roll is a very passionate guy. How'd that go with him?
Speaker 4: Real? Well? I mean when you hear the track, I kind of don't want to talk about too much of it, but I have to take a promo.
Speaker 2: For the sake of we're doing an interview. We have to talk here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have to do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just give me like I don't know, Like, what's the vibe?
Speaker 3: Do you say?
Speaker 2: Does he come in?
Speaker 3: And?
Speaker 4: Okay? Dan Huff produced this stuff. Joey Moy did a lot of stuff. Christian Bush, Yes, Christian Bush did one on Megan Maroney. But we go to do believe Dan Huff has a sixty string or whatever piece orchestra. Wow, it's massive. Well, come to find out, Dan goes, no, I've got to do this on this project. Sony just gave us cart loss to do whatever we wanted to do. They really did, just laid out there's no budget, you know, which is pretty dangerous to say, and you don't hear of it this day in time. But Dan's father was a string arranger in la It's all kinds of tricky stuff to his background that I didn't know. People don't some Michael Jackson's I know. I didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, coolest guy in the world. Anyway, we get in and they do the tracks and we kind of try to sing to him, but you you know, you kind of float through that because we're trying to grab the orchestration tracks. Then we go to Dan's house and sing it. Yeah, it gets me, and I'm I'm jaded. I've heard it plenty of times.
Speaker 1: On the original reboot. When you did Me on the Moon, it was Casey and it was kind of a I loved the version. Yeah, and I was at the Casey show and you guys came out and played Withather.
Speaker 4: We'll see on that one. That was reboot one. We were supposed to kind of adhere to the rules and stick to the arrangements a little bit.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: She comes in with her own band and went almost artistically. It should have been on this record because everyone took off and did their own their own thing.
Speaker 1: Well, this one is with Morgan Wallen, right, Yeah, So does he come in and have an idea of what how he wants to do it differently?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah he did, but he wanted to stick stick to the original as much as he could. And then Joey came in and added a h I don't know. It's like like a Mexicali Latino type of guitar.
Speaker 1: The song that's out now is play Something Country with Lanny. When did you get Lanny on the project? I know it's first song released, but why did you pick this one? Like how long?
Speaker 2: I don't know. When did you record it? Out of all the eighteen songs.
Speaker 4: She picked it? I think it was I don't know, toward the middle. We were you sit there in the studio. No one comes in with a preconceived arrangement or how they're going to do it, and the band is fabulous, so I hear her over there kind of tinkering around. His band is always doing the studio and they're kind of like hitting this is easy top thing instead of that, get a signature guitar thing that we did. Dunt du u u u u and uh, this is easy top lick. And she steps up to the mic and she said, way more power than I expected. I mean, she's a she's a whaler.
Speaker 2: Did you get any nose? I don't want to know who from, but can anybody not do it?
Speaker 4: I don't know because we weren't involved with that. Our manager of Clarence's Falling, he said, I'm going to call each act one time. He said, I'm not going to push. He said, if you're an into it, you're busy whatever. Uh, no problem, And he says that pretty much ninety nine percent of everyone that was asked stepped up and came on board. Megan Maroney, does ain't nothing about you? It's insane. Have you heard it?
Speaker 2: I've heard nothing. You have nothing. You've sent me a full contract but not a single track.
Speaker 4: That's the wild You know about my legal life, Yes, but.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen a haven't heard a single a single track. And you guys are back on the road. Gonna do a bunch more shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we did forty plus last year, and we're getting ready to do much more. In fact, I'm believing here and going to the management office to find out what we're doing next year. Tour's fun. It's more fun than it ever has been.
Speaker 2: Why is that you think?
Speaker 4: I don't know, no pressure, no pressure. But the crowds, I mean they're as big as they ever were. I mean, we'd just like it. Here's a funny thing we'll ask them, I said, third third the way into the show, towards the top, how many of you is this your first time to see Brooks and done?
Speaker 2: In?
Speaker 4: Three quarters of that audience raised their hand. Were new guys. I don't know who Brooks? It does let they bought tickets.
Speaker 2: You and kicks.
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, good for everything working out?
Speaker 4: Good, it's all the same. He stays in, losing in.
Speaker 1: I stay here, okay, So no, I do know, no, listen, I I'm just happy that you guys are putting cool stuff out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's all. We're having a blast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, reboot too. Uh it's coming out. When's the whole record coming out? Oh?
Speaker 4: Come on, help me here.
Speaker 1: It's a few months. I mean I haven't didn't say here November fifteenth.
Speaker 4: November fifteenth, okay, all right, yeah, Melanie's glued to the glass over there going November fifteen, got it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well, we're looking forward to it. And I've never been to a Brooks and Dune show.
Speaker 4: You know, because you were gig in the night we did our last one here.
Speaker 1: We played at the same exact time. I've never been to a Brooks and that that's wild to me.
Speaker 4: Well and vice versa. It's all I've gotta come. I know, I know we've talked a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Maybe we should just collab.
Speaker 4: Oh well, I'm good with that too, Robby.
Speaker 2: On what he can we collab on her? Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: By the way, the album is out November fifteenth. You guys can get tickets to the Brooks and Dune shows at Brooks dash done dot com.
Speaker 6: It's awesome, Anonymous, here's a question to be.
Speaker 3: Hello, Bobby Bones.
Speaker 1: I have one friend who I've known since elementary school, and she has a lot of great qualities. It can sometimes be fun to hang out with, but lately it's really been taxing to spend any time with her. She's a little self centered, she could take over conversation. She makes everything about her. At what point should I stop being friends with her? Should you continue to be friends with someone when it's not enjoyable anymore? Signed, lifelong friend, Amy, This is up your alley.
Speaker 2: You take it.
Speaker 3: That's up my alley.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel like you have good growth and balance and understanding of relationships. Me. I'm just like, if it weighs down, get out unless they're like hurting and you can fix it.
Speaker 2: Like, if you can fix it, hang in there, because you owe to them as a friend. If they're annoying you so much that you don't like hanging out with them, you don't need to be around that crap. That's what I would say.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that. Something my sister once said to me that was helpful is like things can serve their time and they can have an expiration date and it's okay, And that includes relationships at times.
Speaker 2: All I went to you, that's such a profound thing that you have learned from your sister, And I'm just like, does their knee hurt?
Speaker 7: Yep?
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll fix it and then you can still be friends later. Nope, Okay, she's just annoying get out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you just run away, but I run away. Expiration date no, no, no, I know I was saying what you might just like just shut it down. But I think that sometimes we put people in category of like, oh, we've been friends for this long, so I need to make it work or whatever. Fill in the blank with that, and expiration date kind of helps put it into perspective of like, oh, it doesn't mean you wouldn't regret it, or it wasn't good at the time, but it has expired.
Speaker 2: You can also move them from A list to B list, meaning you don't have to hang out with them as much, and you can still have a relationship and still have that friendship of you'll be there for them if they need something.
Speaker 1: Like some of my I would still consider them best friends. I don't talk to as much for different reasons. One they're annoying as crap now or two they live farther away, and both of those are reasons. My friend Courtney and my friend Andy, either one of them need a kidney. I'm there they get a kidney, But do I talk to.
Speaker 3: Them every day? No, because they both live far away.
Speaker 2: I have a couple of friends that are annoying now and I don't like to hang out with them, and they live here, but I don't hang out with them as much I moved them to be. But if your friend is this way, because like something's broken and hurt inside of but I think you can help.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but like you gets, you have to evaluate what is going to be.
Speaker 2: You're not a bad friend. Yeah, good, that's why I go to you for that stuff. Okay, I don't need me talking that crap.
Speaker 1: All right, that's the inbox, thank you, close it up. There's Jessica for Raleigh.
Speaker 8: I just wanted to let you know that, as I don't agree with everything Lunchbox has to say, there's one thing that I would like to thank him for and also complain about, is that he has talked about the Challenge forever so much that I've finally started watching the Challenge. And now I think I'm probably six months into watching all the challenges, but I'm now watching the UK Challenge. It is a fantastic show. LB is correct, Bananas is amazing, all of it's amazing. Thank you so much for the show recommendation. And let's back those on my good side.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: I've never seen it, bet I bet it's pretty good.
Speaker 9: But it's awesome. It is so good, it's so entertaining. The backstabbing, the line that that's what you like. That's not the game plan.
Speaker 3: It's all gameplay, it's all strategy.
Speaker 2: Let's do one more right, hit it.
Speaker 10: Have a fun fact Friday for you. If you don't want your microwave oven to beep every time you push your button on the screen, he's impressed, in and hold down the number one button for about five seconds. And if you want to keep it from beeping when it finishes cooking your food, you can press down and hold in the number two button for about five seconds. This works on all the newer Michael Wave ovens and some of the older ones.
Speaker 7: I'd like to.
Speaker 10: Say that eighty percent of the time. It works one hundred percent of the time.
Speaker 3: That's cool. That's cool.
Speaker 1: Hold on one, one, two for the beep at the end.
Speaker 2: I need the two. I need to like that. No, I kin't of need that or else I forget that, And that's that's a good point. I would need the dryer to go to. I forget their closing the dryer.
Speaker 3: Amy's Pile of stories.
Speaker 5: The latest trend in self care is called savoring.
Speaker 2: Savoring you you just accept your compliments and think about them and savor though.
Speaker 5: It's just what it sounds like. It's a focus on taking some extra time to appreciate and enjoy a happy or calming moment. Savor it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds a little dirty and name savor like I'm saving, But I mean I get it. I try to practice that a bit.
Speaker 1: Instead of just going, oh, well, this good thing happened, I'm gonna freak out about how it may not happen again, I try to go, okay, I'm a live with it for a seconds.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 2: I don't like the name, though, take it in.
Speaker 5: I know I saw it as like a slave like food, savoring food and nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I did too, But I guess I just think food.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: There's something called unhappy leave that is taking place at certain workplaces, and it's pretty much if you're feeling unhappy, you can take some time off. So uh, some of it it works into like what they call sick days, but some places are doing this in addition to sick days.
Speaker 2: But there's no chance there's a real job that has unhappily.
Speaker 3: I'm going to call the bosses today.
Speaker 9: For what I'm gonna ask for at least seven days of happy.
Speaker 5: You should call and just inquire with human natures. Yeah, call them and ask about unhappy.
Speaker 2: Leave thy real quick. Who has to say about Unchbox?
Speaker 4: Hey, Ty?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah you're on? What would you like to say?
Speaker 7: Unbox? Such a hard time understanding how people would need a friends coach. But I just find it hard to believe that he's got any friends. I mean, I think he's got more people than just follow rating, more than he has friends. So we thank for y'all be put up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Oh. We did a segment where we're talking about friendship coach and Lunchbox went off like the stupidest thing ever, which we also it was a it's a bit of a trivial area. But she writes books on how to make friends if you have struggle with it, and that I understand. And then he's talking about how unhappy he is any one's what's called anger? Leave Ty just wants to say that he thinks Lunchbox is difficult to be around.
Speaker 2: Is that basically it?
Speaker 1: Ty?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I have done less to speak for you. Let hang out, Let him hang out with just let him hang out, we get rid of it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it sounds like Time wants to be my friend, is what he you want to be ground in kind of trying to fish in for a friendship.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think, all right, Ty, we appreciate that call, buddy.
Speaker 9: It's just so.
Speaker 7: Annoying because every time something good happened to anybody on the show, it seems like it does.
Speaker 1: He takes it personal that it didn't happen to him, even if it's something that could not have happened to him.
Speaker 2: He gets upset when somebody else has something that happen to them.
Speaker 7: That's not a friend.
Speaker 2: That's true. All right, Ty, I hope you have a good day, man, thanks for falling.
Speaker 5: Like the unhappy leave is like people know they're not happy so that you don't go to work at all. I feel like if Lunchbox were to adopt this, sometimes he would just leave in the middle of the show. Up, I'm going to go. Speaking of working, I came across a list of some jobs that country artists had before they were famous.
Speaker 2: Give me their jobs if I can name him?
Speaker 5: Okay, FedEx driver.
Speaker 2: Oh mm hmm, Camee brown.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 10: That.
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 5: A bouncer at a bar, all garth Brooks specifically, Yeah, yeah, still laid hardwood floors all Thomas Red worked at Papa John's not a country artist, but she's.
Speaker 3: Pizza.
Speaker 5: Kelly Clarkson got it. Pepsi delivery truck driver.
Speaker 2: Bluecombs came brown after that experience.
Speaker 5: Jason Aldie got it, uh gas station attendant mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Carrie Underwood, any of them under There is a pizza place in Oklahoma from New York. Caitline is where they have carries. She used to work there. The pizza dish that she did hanging up, that's it's pretty fun.
Speaker 11: I love that.
Speaker 5: And the last one draining waste from houseboat bathroom tanks.
Speaker 2: So they're on a boat. They were like on a doctor.
Speaker 5: Chesting dirksidently are either just like us.
Speaker 2: Then they just made it famous. Okay, I'm Amy.
Speaker 3: That's my pile. That was Amy's pile of stories.
Speaker 2: It's time for the good news.
Speaker 5: Schools in Buncombe County, North Carolina have introduced serenity rooms to help teachers manage stress the morale. Hey no, but there's a nonprofit called the Cristo's Foundation, and they're the ones that raise the funds and furnished these rooms, and it's done so well at the first schools that they've been at for the teachers, like the response has been amazing, Like there's calming music, snacks, furniture that's comfy where they can just relax. They plan to roll us out at more and more schools than they can and it's just really going to be helpful for so many teachers.
Speaker 2: Why that's important is because teachers have high to our kids, and you want them to be in a better place. Because you want our kids to be in a better place, because our kids are the future. Because I believe children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way. That's it. I remember once I walked into the teacher's lunch and I was like, I don't know fifth grade or and what.
Speaker 3: Are they doing?
Speaker 2: Smoking cigarettes?
Speaker 3: It was crazy.
Speaker 2: My mind was blown.
Speaker 3: They're playing poker.
Speaker 2: They were literally just a couple of s cast smoking cigarettes.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that was the well sure it's not yesterday, No, it was in the eighties, nineties.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was like ninety school in the eighties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like I was ten and like nineteen ninety that fifth grade. They're definitely not doing that now. They're not smoking or not not in the place they might be vaping. That's true, they can be vaping there.
Speaker 1: That's quite like get I like the idea of making our teachers more comfortable so they make our kids lives a bit better, so our kids are more productive.
Speaker 3: That's what it's all about.
Speaker 2: Good job.
Speaker 3: That was telling me something good on the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 2: Now, Cassie Ashton, Cassie, it's been a long time since I've seen you a person.
Speaker 1: I watched social media. You're the most creative person I've ever seen in my whole life. So it's so good to see you again.
Speaker 5: It's good to see you too.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to be And so you have new music, the song called crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're like and it's a compliment casting right, you're like crazy in the best way.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Like you're out of your mind and the perfect screw is loose to be an artist because you're so creative. You make she makes her own clothes. It's wild like it.
Speaker 1: So I know, I'm super pumped in your back with music and you have a whole like it feels like significant. Do you feel like people are like believing in you and a part of Nashville that hadn't yet.
Speaker 11: Yeah, for sure. You know everything was big and rolling before COVID, and then COVID, you know, hurt us all in our own ways, me especially with the momentum, and I start really yeah, I just started over from scratch.
Speaker 2: What was happening before COVID, Like, what were you feeling?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Was going?
Speaker 11: Twenty nineteen was like off and moving for me. I was on Girl the World Tour. Everything was happening, lots of press coverage, Prime to go to radio top of twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Boom paused And so does it pause or does does it feel like a start? You have to like start from scratch again and rebuild everyth.
Speaker 2: Oh we stopped.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And I had to start from scratch because I basically did nothing for like a year and a half to two years because they didn't want me to do Zoom radio tour because I'm already left of center and Zoom can be difficult anyway. And I'm actually so thankful that that happened because I kind of had like an epiphany with who I was instead of who I was told I was. Over COVID, I just had this like notion one day of why am I making music that I would not want to play for my favorite artists in the genre. Why would I not want to run to someone like Chris Stapleton or Brothers Osborne or Sturgel Simpson and go, you got to listen to this? Why am I not making that? And why am I listening to other people about about who I am or or chasing trends when I've always been this sort of gritty, soulful thing. So I got back to that, which was was nice, and I feel like the timing now is.
Speaker 2: Right about your hometown.
Speaker 11: My hometown is called California, Missouri. The abbreviation is Camo. Four thousand people well stop like no Walmart. Lots of open minded people there, as you can probably assume, and I feel sarcasm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a little bit.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 11: I love being from there in all honesty, but I love just as much that I learned how to leave.
Speaker 1: And also it's like, again, I'm a massive Cassie fan and I've known Cassie for a long time, but it's like you're like hunting and beauty pageants. Yeah, that's kind of what you did. Yes, the juxtaposition of those two is like your normal life.
Speaker 11: Yeah, both sides are the same coin for sure, just because my parents were split and had opposite kind of raising styles. So moms, it was every stage that I could possibly be, on classical ballet, beauty pageants. You've heard the spiel Dad's Deer Season. I raced motorcycles like it's I am Daddy's little boy.
Speaker 2: So I've always tried to be I am.
Speaker 11: I am Daddy's little boy. I mean he I shave my mustache and he leaves his growing I've always tried to be just as much one side as I am the other, and sometimes that's hard for people to grasp or to believe. But I'm sitting here breathing.
Speaker 2: So that's true. Guys. She's not lying. She's sitting right here breathing.
Speaker 1: I would love for you to place on the forest if you're cool, dad, Yeah, I'd love to, if you wouldn't mind, Would you do called crazy first?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 2: I would love to. Right here, she has Cassie Ashton. Oh, I'm sorry we can't post the live performance on the podcast, but if you go to our YouTube page you can watch it there or maybe listen live. Okay, all right, now back to the podcast.
Speaker 1: So congrats on the record. It's out today. By the way, Cassie's record is called Made from the Dirt. Go watch her performance is called crazy on our YouTube page, and she just played it here on the show as well.
Speaker 2: Will you do another song?
Speaker 11: Absolutely, I'll do another song?
Speaker 2: So what are you gonna do? Do I know this one?
Speaker 11: The Straw?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: I don't know this one?
Speaker 11: You don't know this one?
Speaker 2: Okay? Is it good though? Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yes, if you said no, I reconsider it. You guys at Cassie Ashton, that's her name on Instagram. The album is out now. It's called Made from the Dirt, and we're gonna play the one now called the Straw.
Speaker 5: This is the one where it's like, you know, the straw that broke the relationship?
Speaker 11: Yeah, the straw that broke the camel's back.
Speaker 2: When did you already know that?
Speaker 5: Women by Her Country?
Speaker 7: I know that?
Speaker 2: But do you know the words? Sing along? You just take it?
Speaker 5: No, you're just setting it up like I like the idea behind it.
Speaker 11: I always before we play show, I always say, if you're out there and you've been in a relationship where you were doing all the bending and all the breaking and all the changing, and the other person didn't notice. This is for you.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm crap, yeah, crap, all right, she has Cassie Ashton. That's awesome. We all were like too scared to clap because we were like, that is that's amazing. We should clap. That's awesome. You know, I've been like a day Warner.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I've been a fan you have so long. It's so cool. You're I mean, and you've always been like you're really good.
Speaker 1: You've always been really good. You've always been really good and different, which is tough. There's a lot of people that are good but they're like everybody else. But now you're like really good and really different.
Speaker 2: But it's so cool. It like makes sense.
Speaker 5: That means a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, make it it all. I'm so proud for you. Your music is excellent. Shout out your player over here. He's like, I know this is Blake.
Speaker 3: Isn't he so good?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Blake's like literally so good.
Speaker 11: He looks fly. We're doing great.
Speaker 2: I saw Blake.
Speaker 1: It's like Blake kind of looks like Harry Potter with tattoos, and I'm like, that's the crazy.
Speaker 2: It's the craziest thing. It's so the album is out. It is called from the Dirt.
Speaker 1: Like that.
Speaker 2: It's called from the Dirt. I hope you listen to the whole record.
Speaker 1: Go listen to call Crazy in the Straw, and then if you like toast and listen to more because I can only convince you to give it like three minutes, but then I think you'll stay for a lot lot more than that. Also a few more tour dates, So if you guys want.
Speaker 2: To go watch watch Cassie play, I mean here we got Settember twenty eighth, and El Paso October fourteenth, and Huntsville, Alabama November first, and Charleston and November tewond and Surf City, North Carolina. So go to those shows.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you go. And that's everywhere our show's on. Go to those shows her social tickets at Cassie Ashton dot com. What I like about that song the Straw is it doesn't the straw part doesn't rhyme and doesn't come in at the end of like it's.
Speaker 2: Like the chorus, courus chorus end the straw. That's pretty sick.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you when you guys wrote that, Like that's a really interesting way to write that song.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: So that's all I think.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 11: Luke Laird, Laurie McKenna, the best, the best of the best. To open your heart too, for sure.
Speaker 2: I'll try that sometime. Yeah, let me open my heart. Cassie Ashton dot com. Good to see you, guys. There she has, Cassie ash Thank you. Good to see y'all.
Speaker 1: According to case twenty four dot com, eleven percent of us have sustained an injury doing this activity, which did not exist a couple of decades ago.
Speaker 2: Now that's the question. The game is never gonna get it.
Speaker 3: No, you're not gonna jet it. You're never go to get it.
Speaker 1: You're gonna Eleven percent of us have sustained an injury during this activity, which did not exist a couple of decades ago. On the phone is Dustin and Mississippi. Dustin, what's happening, buddy? I going doing pretty good. Now I'm gonna let you answer this first. Now you have like three chances here to win.
Speaker 2: It's so hard. That's why it's called never gonna get it.
Speaker 3: No, you're not gonnajeted.
Speaker 1: Eleven percent of us have sustained an injury doing this, Dustin.
Speaker 2: What's your guess?
Speaker 7: Almost like playing pick a ball?
Speaker 3: Oh man, that is a great guess.
Speaker 4: That's what I have.
Speaker 2: First, it wasn't even a thing a couple of decades ago. Pick a ball. It is not right, But that is a great guess.
Speaker 1: It did not even come in on that really, So according to case twenty four dot com, eleven percent of us have sustained an injury doing this activity.
Speaker 2: Again, it did not exist a couple of decades ago. What's the activity?
Speaker 1: So Dustin is gonna get to pick two of you you and if you get it right, he wins the prize.
Speaker 2: So Amy, lunchbox, Eddie Morgan, you're all playing? Let me know when you're in. I'm I'm in.
Speaker 3: I got it, nailed it.
Speaker 2: You'reing, Eddie, I'm in? Okay, uh, Dustin, you heard all their reactions.
Speaker 4: How sure are you?
Speaker 2: Eddie? Two percent?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 3: Okay, lunchbox one hundred percent?
Speaker 2: Dustin?
Speaker 3: Who would you like to play for you?
Speaker 2: I feel pretty good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you get too, But give me a lunchbox and Amy.
Speaker 2: Amy, how do you feel? I feel pretty good?
Speaker 4: Morgan?
Speaker 2: What's your answer? Mine has using a cell phone like texting on cell phone.
Speaker 3: Oh it's actually good, pretty good. Yeah, Eddie, I put WEE. But that's been here longer than the Wii.
Speaker 2: You know, the Nintendo Wi got it?
Speaker 9: Okay, Lunchbox, I almost want to switch the cell phone. But trampoline park, they didn't exist decades ago or some experience. My wife has done it. I've seen it firsthand, and people do it. My neighbor blew out our a CL and m CL that's true, like a year ago. So I mean trampoline park.
Speaker 1: Amy, walking and texting. So Morgan said cell phone and Eddie said the we Nintendo. We So both of you are incorrect. Now, trampoline park and texting and talking that's different than just using the cell phone walking and yeah, like like texting and walking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Amy, you're wrong.
Speaker 3: I like you're right, Lunchbox, Lunchbogs, you are wrong.
Speaker 2: Okay, so.
Speaker 3: What you're wrong? Okay, we get another guess. Yes, so we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: One around here. Now I'll read the question again and Dustin, now you get to pick that you think just one of them of all four will get it right at least, or none of them will get it right. So if anybody gets it right, or if nobody gets it, right.
Speaker 2: You get to pick.
Speaker 1: According to case twenty four dot com, eleven percent of us have sustained an injury during this activity.
Speaker 3: Which did not exist a couple of decades ago. Oh my gosh, I got it.
Speaker 2: I got it, I got it.
Speaker 3: I got not playing against each.
Speaker 2: Other, nobody.
Speaker 3: Dude, you want to pick? What's his name?
Speaker 2: Dustin?
Speaker 3: Dustin?
Speaker 9: You better say we're getting it right, because I am telling you right now I have got it and I guarantee it.
Speaker 2: So if you don't have it, would you like to wage for something?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Out of every answer in the world, it's an activity because he's that sure. I'm not that sure.
Speaker 3: I don't even didn't let me see your answer? Yeah, yeah, can you show him right?
Speaker 2: You can show him.
Speaker 1: Hey, Dustin, do you want to pick that somebody gets it or nobody gets it?
Speaker 3: Else I have it?
Speaker 2: No, you don't.
Speaker 3: I'm saying nobody gets it.
Speaker 2: Okay, anybody have Dustin?
Speaker 11: I have it.
Speaker 2: It's a VR headset.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: No, oh, that's interesting.
Speaker 5: You would You wouldn't even have to go back a few decades. You could be like a few years ago it didn't exist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, but could but also a couple of decades ago, it didn't exist. It's also wrong, oh.
Speaker 5: Amy, texting and driving.
Speaker 2: I'm really dedicated to texting incorrect, Morgan.
Speaker 3: I feel like we have more.
Speaker 9: People dancing because of like social media and stuff, so I feel like dancing could be it.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 5: Now people are getting injuries.
Speaker 3: Wrong, that's good.
Speaker 9: Okay, does he want to change because he's about to get he's about to not get.
Speaker 3: A prim Let me see what?
Speaker 2: Yeah, will you wager like a chest wax on it? How much hear that? That so bad? A stings?
Speaker 1: I just want to say, you know, you can say no, we'll just move on in life. But I just want to know how sure you are, because if you're if you're just mostly like.
Speaker 3: Buying professional or by like, because we're not just gonna go to the store and.
Speaker 4: Get there and do it.
Speaker 3: We're gonna bring a professional.
Speaker 2: Waxer in here and do it like you can get a wax kid.
Speaker 3: I've tried that before and.
Speaker 2: Then but one of the girls will do it. It's not loss for them, so they'll have to lose a game too. But if you're so sure, why not? But yeah, again, you don't have to, there's no no pressure. You talk about game, but it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: But what's it for me?
Speaker 1: You just have to show us that not only were you right, but you put a bet on it, like you're you put your money where your mouth is.
Speaker 3: Like you're the man. You are screaming, Yes, how about I donate to charity?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, you're missing that.
Speaker 3: We're missing.
Speaker 1: Okay, we can just move on. He's not that sure. But so he's just he just screaming. He's just screaming right now for no reason.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, I'm thinking about it. Just there, that's a lot of chest there.
Speaker 5: I'm eager to know what it is.
Speaker 3: Can we too?
Speaker 1: We can just move on because I knew he would do it. He just like to say a lot of things and I back it up and lunch, we would respect you a lot more.
Speaker 3: How about this? He doesn't care about respect?
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: If I'm.
Speaker 3: If I'm wrong, I'll send this dude.
Speaker 1: I don't even care about what you're sending him. We're just gonna move on because you do not back up what you say.
Speaker 3: That's fine.
Speaker 2: What is your answance? Bucks?
Speaker 3: Taking a selfie?
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, that is that right?
Speaker 2: Because you're backed out right, but he didn't because I nailed it.
Speaker 1: And this dude, you can't say the wax didn't happened because you didn't bet it, because it's.
Speaker 3: Happening going home empty handed. So the answer is taking a selfie.
Speaker 2: Let me go ahead and take a selfie.
Speaker 3: Why you guys say I'm right.
Speaker 1: He did not bet, so that shows you the kind of coward. However, you can be coward and be right taking a selfie.
Speaker 2: You got it right, right, right.
Speaker 3: So the good news is he nailed it.
Speaker 2: The bad news he's a coward, coward of the county.
Speaker 3: I thought you were yellow melly at that you got it right taking the selfie you want you want to say to him, Oh.
Speaker 6: My god, I told you, my man, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I have no idea what your empty. You don't listen to me. You don't listen to me.
Speaker 1: Dustin, you did not will We'll get Dustin off for another game at some other point.
Speaker 3: In the future.
Speaker 1: But does he feel I can feel two ways. I feel like you did a great show. Hold on, I can't hear anything. He won, got it right and he should be recognized for getting it right. But two, he can't start yelling how's my chest? Because he did not bet that. He got scared, so he's a yellow belly.
Speaker 4: But he got it right.
Speaker 2: Both can't exist. Go ahead, I'm sorry, buddy box, all right, all right, talk to you saying we'll get you on against something. I'm saying, okay, man, all right, there is hair anyway, I missed it. That's a lot of hair.
Speaker 3: I've never seen that.
Speaker 2: Let's let's let's play this.
Speaker 3: It's time for the good news.
Speaker 9: Last week in Full Sheer, Texas, a group of seniors they got together for soccer practice and they show up. They're kicking the ball around, they're about to take some shots at the gold and they're like, man, what's in that net? They walk up and there's an owl who tangled in the net. They're like, oh my gosh, we gotta save this owl. But you know, an owl could be very dangerous. So he calls his mom, says, Mom, what.
Speaker 7: Do I do.
Speaker 9: She's like, I'll post it on Facebook. See if we get some replies on how to get the owl safely out. Well, sucks is if you just cut it out, it could freak out on you. That's what they're scared of. No one's responding on Facebook. Pedro's like, I got I.
Speaker 1: Can't believe no one responds on Facebook Facebook, and they got people just just chomping and respond.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 9: So Pedro goes home, gets a big ski jacket, some big gloves and he starts untangling.
Speaker 6: The owl out of the net.
Speaker 1: That smart gloves and the owl is free like beekeeper costumes. Yeah, gloves that he will cut you, but save the owl.
Speaker 3: Save the owl.
Speaker 2: Damn looking at it, it was wrapped up.
Speaker 3: Oh it was tangled.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I mean it was trying, freaking out, trying to get out, and he just kept wrapping itself and wrapping itself.
Speaker 1: Good for those kids at Jordan High School for actually caring enough about the owl to take the time to free it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know what some most kids would have done, probably messed with it. I thought they would be like, who can hit the owl because it's already it's like targic. So I don't think that's most kids. I think that is like almost no kids. Okay, yeah maybe you you, but almost to its we do. Almost no kids. Don't tell me something good, Nope, not doing it? All right, good job, that's what it's all about. That was telling me something good.
Speaker 2: And that is the end of the first half of the podcast. That is the end of the first half of the podcast.
Speaker 3: Is the end of the first time of the podcast. That is the end of the first time of the podcast.
Speaker 2: You can go to a podcast to or you can wait till podcast to come out.