Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: This ain't the little itty bitty teeny tiny Bowl, this is Super Bowl fifty nine. Get in on the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of Super Bowl fifty nine. Scored touchdown is key to hoisting best Lombardi Trophy, and you have a shot to score big by betting on them at Draft Kings Sportsbook, the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first bet, Try betting on something simple like a player to scored six. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars to get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bet. Download the Draft King Sportsbook app. Use code Money Moves, that's code money moves for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus best instantly when you bet just five books only on Draft King Sportsbook. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred Gambler dot NAT. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill casino in resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction Voyd and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on the amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dkang dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: The Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson has agreed to a deal to become the Chicago bears next head coach. Johnson has been the Lions offensive coordinator for the past three seasons, and if I'm not mistaken, I think they finish in the top five in offense each of those seasons. Who will feel the job vacated by Matt Eberflus when they fired him on November twenty nine. Johnson will become the nineteenth the head coach in franch the one hundred and five year franchise existence. Ojo, Do you like the hip you God? Damn right.
Speaker 4: I like the height you God damn right. Now, listen, we talked about Ben Johnson. Now this we talk about Ben Johnson. That worked wonders with Jared Goff, worked wonders offensively with that offense. The creativity that is amazed all of us all season long. Now you know Dan Campbell loves to go fourth on fourth down.
Speaker 2: Why do you.
Speaker 4: Think he's so confident in doing some of the things he does as a head coach because of Ben Johnson and what he's able to do. So I look at it from this standpoint. You got Jameson Williams, you got a mine, Ross Saint Brown, you got the porter. Now you go to another support of cast in Chicago that hef his skill sets, but.
Speaker 5: They get the job done very well.
Speaker 2: Right. You have a great.
Speaker 4: Quarterback, dual threat quarterback who's a little bit more mobile, a little bit more agile, can playoff script a little better than golf and Kadin Williams. He's a good thrower of the ball as well. This is going to be a perfect relationship not only for Ben Johnson, but for Kenny william in his career. I guarantee you and I'm gonna put it out there right now, and it's gonna be a I told you so a moment when the season starts and we're about when we in about maybe week seven, a week eight, and I'd be like I told you so, Williams being one of the top quarterbacks in the league statistically because of Ben Johnson and his creativity and its office of prowess.
Speaker 2: Watch. I like the high. Yeah, I like the high. But what I don't like Chicago and New England doing that fake stuff. Bring black coaches in the Yeah yeah, they brought Adie George in there. And you know, look, if you you gotta take it. Yeah, yeah, you know, damn well they won't excuse excuse me. Then you know, good d well, you know good, you know, good d well. You want to Ben Johns, right, but O Joe, hey, the Rooney rule, I got that quota. You got the same thing in New England. New England, y'all brought two black. Y'all brought Pep Hammer to the end. Y'all brought this other black you know good and well yeah, Yral Leftwich, y'all know good. First of all, Viral Left, which has been out of the league for what two years, and y'all gonna bring him in now. He ain't got no off at the court that but y'all brought him in. Yeah, and see, y'all what y'all did. The Patriots did that thing so good. They brought two of him in, brought two up. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, listen, they have to check the boxes. They got it. They gotta check the boxes, like you said, they gotta. You gott to meet the quota. You have to satisfy the rule that's in place.
Speaker 5: That's really not working.
Speaker 2: I ain't got no tea to it. And but look, I like to hire I like Ben Johnson. I like what he did. You mentioned it. He had a quarterback that's more mobile. He has very good Look. You got Roman Dunes that they took in the first round for the Bears. You got DJ Moore that you're signed to a conduct contract extension. You got Keenan Allen. I think Keenan Allen's a free agent, so you probably bring him back because he came on strong at the end of the year. He's that guy that he's not as fast, is not as quick as an amend the Saint in the slot, but he gets it done. He got tremendous moves, he got great hands. I like it. Be the big body. He can body you know, he can body you up. So I like that. I like that. I don't really know the running back situation. You're gonna have to prove the offensive line just because that's one thing Jandre Swift Ye offensive line, and you're gonna probably get better because you look at what they got and Detroit. You know, you got Penny Suell, who's a pro bowler, all Pro. You got Zeitler, you got Deck, you got Glass, now you got Decker, you got ragged, now you got you know, Detroit has a very good offensive line. And so you're gonna have to get that up to part in Chicago because your quarterback took sixty plus sacks. That's too many. O yo, Yeah, that's way too many sacks. Now, all of it is not on the offensive line, Caleb, Wi'm gonna have to do a better job of getting ready to football. It's okay to throw it away because sometimes I think, God, they get caught up. O yo, Well I'm gonna mess up completion percentage. Bro, throw that damn ball away. You don't want to be taking all those hits, right, But I like the high. I'm sure they got they got money and and and CAF face that they can improve this team. I love the hire by Ben Johnson. I got no qualms about that high. Uh. He's put his time in as an offensive as an offensive coordinator, as an offensive coach. I think it was right. It was the right time for him to get this job. So I really, I really like the high. I'm a little surprised that he went in the same division. Uh as if formal boss normally they get they get away, oh Joe. But hey, that was the best situation. I always thought that the Bears. For me, that was the best situation that was available to me. Now, I mean other people, the people like the Raiders, you know, cause ain't nothing to work over there. He ain't got no quarterback.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you understood that that was that was the best fit, especially for him and what he brings to the table.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought that was the best. I thought that the Jets, you got the Jets situation. You got a lot of stuff stuff going on with the Jets. One of the whatever whatever one of the job is available, O Joe. The Jets was available. The Saints, the Saints hopefully uh A G get the Saints or the Jets. I know, I think you know he obviously a played with the Jets. Hell he played with the Saints. Also, he was on the defensive side. He was on Sean Payton's staff when he was at the Saints. So but hopefully he gets one of these jobs. But it's gonna be tough without a quarterback. You gotta find a quarterback on Joe. Without that, you don't really have a chance to have longevity.
Speaker 5: At Lisa's gonna be short. Lisa is very short. If he ain't got no.
Speaker 2: Quarterback, well, ill leased is short anyway. But anyway, that's not what that we We're talking about that another day. Uh, but I like to hire I like Ben Johnson High Chicago should be good. That's a very tough division on Joe. Uh, you got young. We'll we'll see what Minnesota does with Sam Donald. Uh do they move on or do they keep elevate? JJ McCarthy gonna be very interesting because you got Jordan Love, you got golf, you got Caleb Williams. So like Cowboys have officially hired Brian Schottenheimer, who was their officive coordinator last year. Jared made the movie and he was comfortable. Now mind you now remember the reports that came out. Jerry really liked Dion, and Steven really wanted Brian shot and he really he really wanted Jerry really liked Coach Prime. But Stephen who they were really buts and I came over here said, oh, Joe, everybody knew it was some bull job, but it was just something to smoke screen. Hey, we talked to coach Prime. That's how mind, that's how one token boom we get on. We go with that, and uh the Cowboys. Notably, they didn't interview anto the top candidates, the Ben Johnson, Uh, Cliff King, he's very couldn't talk because he was in the h he was going week the week, so you only had your You could only talk if you were in a high week. So Naggie Spagnola, Eric g Aaron Glenn, none of the top candidates were interviewed by Jerry Brian Schottenheimer. Again, my only problem, oyo, I don't have a problem, Chad. I don't want anybody to think that I have a problem with the hire. But don't give me this bull job. You want somebody that called plays Mike McCarthy call plays yeh see We want somebody with previous head coaching experience. We want somebody that called plays. Brian Schottenheimer has never been a head coach. He didn't call plays. That's neither hero nor there. Oh, Joe, what do you think about that?
Speaker 4: Obviously, Jerry wants to continue continue his reign with power.
Speaker 1: He doesn't want to relinquish that power.
Speaker 4: He wants to be in control of everything, and he hired a coach that will fall in line.
Speaker 2: With just that, baby and break and bring you know whatever, Joe, not to cut you off, bring Jason Whitne. Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, most definitely, most definitely.
Speaker 4: So again Jerry getting in the way again, doing things his way, and the definition of insanity, Chat, you stayed, stay with me now.
Speaker 1: The definition of insanity.
Speaker 4: Is doing things over and over and over in the way you see fit and expecting different results. The results have been the same for years, for years, and you continuously do it. Jason Garrett, Mike McCarthy. Now, mister Schottenheimer, nothing is going to change until you remove yourself and get out the way.
Speaker 1: And allow people to do their job. Not you trying to do again, not you trying to do multiple things at once.
Speaker 2: M Jan Gaily, Dave Campbell, Wade Phillip, Jason Garrett, Mike McCarthy, now Brian Schottenheimer, all of them. Nothing. It's just different names, but nothing shame any.
Speaker 1: Any of the people that you just called.
Speaker 4: Will any of them challenge Jerry anything?
Speaker 2: My point exactly, and you let him feel your staff and you let him like, well, I want this guy to be on your defensive staff. I want this guy to be on your offensive staff. No coaches is gonna give that. No, no, no, they're not gonna do that. That's if it's one thing, Joe. I go to a company and I'm looking around, I'm going to give them an opportunity. That don't mean I'm gonna keep them. But if I like what I hear, I'll keep them. But I'm not gonna let you tell me where you got to keep this VP or you got to keep this CFO, or you got to keep this CEO. No, hell Na, that ain't happening me. But this hurt another thing, Ojo. Now, one other team attempted to interview Brian Scheinheimer. Now, all I want to know is this, look, I'm gonna get me somebody somebody else won't cause if don't nobody else wanted. That's something you tried to tell me something I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, you gotta think about it. Think about it now. Look at the elephant in the room now.
Speaker 4: The coaches that were available, we talk about good coaches, and also the coaches that were also available that could have come to Dallas, that could have interviewed in Dallas, wouldn't go for the Shenanigans.
Speaker 1: You think Ben Johnson gonna stand down. You're gonna tell Ben Johnson.
Speaker 4: Who we can bring on and who we can Aaron Glynn, I mean obviously he wouldn't.
Speaker 1: He wouldn't get the job anyway. You think Amaron Glenn is gonna come to Dallas.
Speaker 4: You're gonna tell Aaron Glynn what type of staff he can put together.
Speaker 2: But people believe he could work with Coach Belichick. Can you imagine him telling Coach Belichick, Hey, I want Jason Whitten to come on and he gonna be your coach. You waited, man, Man Belichick.
Speaker 1: Man Belichick is ted.
Speaker 4: That goddamn ted Jerry's world down.
Speaker 1: You have to get out of your own way. You have to. You don't have a choice.
Speaker 2: He's been an offensive coordinator before, he's with the Jets for three years. His highest point is highest points per game. They were thirteenth. He called for Saint Louis. The highest points per game was twenty first. He also called in Seattle. His highest points per game was six. In twenty eighteen, he had two three top ten offenses. As far as points, he averaged eight point seven, twenty five point three, twenty six point eight, and then that ended. And this was his first quar way back. That's been a coordinator, correct, Okay, So he's been a coordinator. He's been a coordinator for eleven years. Had some success. Uh orchestrated three top ten offenses in Seattle, none in the top twenty in Saint Louis and none in the top ten. And at the Jets. He was with the but he wasn't co coordinated or wasn't he was okay, okay, okay, So he's with that. He's so he was there with with Rex. Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay. So we know those offenses back then, Oh Joe was running the football play behind your defense. It was a more ground than pound. But his most success it came in Seattle. He did have great success in Seattle with russ six sixteen points per game, ninth in points per game, eighth in points per game. That's pretty good resume. But we know why he got the job. It's because Jerry wants someone that he can control. It's really that simple. There's no other I'm not gonna make it a black white issue because I don't believe it's a black white issue. It's a control issue. Jerry wants control. Jerry wants control because Jerry wants credit. None of the blame, but the control. Because this thing fell apart, I can't believe this happened. I'm shocked, is anybody No, you're not shocked as anybody you put this is together, you should be the least shock that it fell apart. But like you said, I mean, you do what you've done, you get what you've always gotten. It's hard for me to believe I can build a scenario. At some point in time, I'm going to change something if I do, if I get the same results for thirty years and my objective. But Jerry's a promoter, Jerry's not trying to win. Jerry's fool not food to meat. He might fool some of the fans in Dallas, and I think for the most part they've even caught on. Jerry's all about selling. Jery looks at it like anytime they're talking about me, that's good enough. We don't need to talk. They don't need to talk about me winning championship, they don't need to talk about be being that they're talking about me. So I'm in the news. That's good enough for him, and I don't see it changing. They bring back the same cast. If you look at guys leave Dallas and well look at now gall he went to the Rams. I'm just saying they make a trade for a guy at Carolina. I mean, they give a fourth round draft pick and the guy had how many he might have had four catches the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, obviously, man, listen, I don't I don't know what Jerry. Jerry is doing. I can't question it. I've been around football for a very long time, obviously, not as long as you have, and not as long as he has. He's an owner, he's a GM hell, he's every goddamn thing. He just thinks his way always works, and the fact that he wants credit is just beyond me. You know, when you can look at the landscape of the NFL with all the owners that consistently win, all the other franchises where they win consistently, you know, the Packers, the Bills, the Chiefs, the Steelers, I mean, teams have a rich history in winning, you know, in the past, the.
Speaker 2: Eagle, anybody going to the championship.
Speaker 1: Since you don't see any of the owners.
Speaker 4: Front and center making decisions, you know, pigeonholding head coaches, not allowing them to pick their staff, people that they work well with. I mean, all that, all that matters, All that matters, and the fact that control and credit is what he.
Speaker 1: Wants is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: But if you Jerry has Jerry has probably let's get say for the sake of but let's just be safe, he owned ten other businesses. How many of those businesses you think he hads on Probably not none because he doesn't know. But yet he thinks he knows football.
Speaker 1: But he's been around football the longest, so he feels.
Speaker 4: Like he knows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been around apploud, it doesn't make me a tractor. Hell you talking about it? Just call you around something. Hey. As a matter of fact, Oh Joe, I'm sleeping my garage tonight. That don't make me a car that's on I got. I'm just trying to figure out what what makes him think he knows just because you around something? Hell O, Joe, if somebody gonna give me all the note, if somebody gonna give me the scouting report, I can read off what they wrote down. You think, Jered going to the Senior Bowl and out there looking this guy got his no pad like, Okay, guy got great pad level, drops his hip, great transition, change of direction. Oh he bends the edge really well. I like the way button prints.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he don't know. Hell not detail like that.
Speaker 2: Hell no. But there are guys that do. What's the what's the guy name that runs the Cowboys? Will Will mcclayton, Will Clayton, he knows. He writes the notes, gives him to Jerry, and then Jerry and they have a little selection. Okay, okay, And who do we think is gonna be available when we select? At the time we select, they give them a list of names. Everybody have their faull Jered, this is what we need, okay, Jered, this is what we need. Brouh Michael Parson's fail in your Lap You ain't do nothing CD fail in the Lap? Come on, bro, that ain't nothing. They failed to you. They had an agreement Davontae's mill. The Eagles wanted davonte'smil that's like, hey, we'll trade up. Just don't bother him. We'll let y'all trade. Okay, why just don't select Parsons or you're not gonna select Parson. You're gonna take Davonte, right, Okay, boom CD fail in their lap. All the other receivers were gone, so who ain't gonna pick? They needed a receiver. Jedda was gone, Judy was gone, Rudd's was gone, Wada was gone. Wow, he really went out a limb and got ZD. I need a receiver. He the last one left. Oh no, my bad? No, yeah, because you Jalen Record.
Speaker 4: Went before City went to the Philly right Billy?
Speaker 2: Yes, so o Cho, that ain't nothing. If a guy just fall in your lap. No, you want to impress me. Do what Kansas City did. Zoom up the draft board and go get somebody. That's what's impressive. That lets me know, Okay, they know what they're doing. You didn't do that, so I just don't get it. Mingo had seventeen catches for one hundred and sixty seven yards all year. He had five catches for sixty four yards when he arrived in Dallas, and he played eight games, played nine for Carolina, and they traded a fourth round pick for him, right fourth or philth traded a fourth round pick for that kind ofduction.
Speaker 4: He doesn't know what he's doing. He may do, yes, but there's no way he does. It's not you know, it's it's almost it's it's it's hold on.
Speaker 2: Listen with did hold on? Hold Joe? Did Justin Jefferson go before after CD? He want to pick after? Yeah? He went twenty second? Oh so you so you went CD? And Justin Jefferson went twenty second. Check the number down, look at the number between the two. But he know football not the CD is a bad because CD is a number one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, But I don't know very many people that's taking over Jenna. I mean, listen, maybe Cowboy fans, but I'm talking about if you poll, if you pole GMS, you poll all thirty two GMS and says, okay, you got Jedda or you got CD, because right now people gonna take Chase in Jena. They won two. Both of those guys were unanimous first team All Pros. There weren't a whole lot of unanimous first team All Pros, but those two guys, with two of them and John jam there have been an All Pro every year except what last year he got nicked. He went over one thousand oh joint missed like seven games. Hey, you imagine what his numbers would have been. Ain't nobody close to him his first three years, his first four years, his first five years. Nobody is close to those numbers. Now, with the season that a Chase had, Chase might have an opportunity to get him. But he's gonna probably need another fourteen to fifty hundred, which is possible with his quarterback in that system. But Jared don't know what he's doing.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: And like I said, I don't got no problem with Brian shat and high. I'm just saying this notion that he's scouring and he's trying to get the best man for the job. I don't believe he's doing now. I don't believe he's ever done that. Now, say he's not gonna get a chat cowboy fans. Jerry is not gonna get anybody that's going to offer him some resistance. Brian let me tell you what. Brian Shott and Hobber doesn't have any say on the final fifty three, any say in free agency, any say in the draft.
Speaker 1: And all those are things that the head coach should have some type of saying or roll over.
Speaker 2: Just basically almost like, I guess what if they still have arranged marriages? Hold on, I do one. They gotta be with this, lady? Do I need to do it? You try to tell me what I want. I know what I want Jerry is that this is an arrange marriage. Jerry is telling you he's picking players, telling you what you need as opposed to what you want or what would best or or what would fit best to the system. Now, is them coming back? I mean I had the as far as I know. See that's another thing. What if Brian shot and hiber Water High is on DC.
Speaker 4: Now that's that's that's crazy. I mean, listen, it's crazy the way things are wrung. Obviously, Jerry has the power. We understand that he's going to.
Speaker 1: Exercise that right and that power at every turn and every.
Speaker 4: Chance he gets, every chance and every turn Terry gets, he's killing he's killing his own franchise, he's killing his own key.
Speaker 2: Pete Carroll was hired as head coach of the Raiders. Pete Carroll's and the Raiders have reached agreement on a three year deal with a team option for fourth. When the regular season start, Carroll will become the oldest person to ever serve as head coach in the NFL. He turned seventy four in September. The previous record was held by Romeo Cridinal, who was seventy three when he served the interim head coach of the Houston Texans. Oh Joe, do you like this one?
Speaker 4: It's peak, It's Pete Carroll. I like Pete Carroll. Pete's resume, you know, it speaks for herself what he's done. He's a Super Bowl winning head coach. Again, when I look at what he has to work with over in Las Vegas, I'm not sure why he would want to. Maybe he knows something we don't know. Maybe he knows something, you know, he has something cooking.
Speaker 2: What you what he wants?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I know, But still, I mean, just just going to take a job knowing that your least is going to be short, knowing that you don't have the most.
Speaker 1: Important position on your team.
Speaker 4: On that team that matters to be able to compete and contend, and that do you know what conference division he's in?
Speaker 2: Yes, YC West, Broncos, Chargers, Charge. Yeah, all of them got quarterbacks, everybody got quarterbacks whatever greatly.
Speaker 4: So I'm not sure that he got to be thinking about something. Must be cooking up something with Mark Davis.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this and Chad, y'all can help me. You understand, you're seventy years old. This thirty two year old things. She nine got long hair, she got ooh skin, built stacked like dirty laundry in the door, then her down the back, and when she stepped, he'll stepple. Y'all know what I'm talking about. She'll stepper. Y'all will see. She's gonna have a wire sell, she'll have old tom Ford, she'll have on them blood bottoms. Everything is, everything is immaculate, and she's interested in you. You taking that. Pete Carroll said about to be seventy four, how many jobs? And you think he gonna get in the NFL at the age of seventy with it?
Speaker 1: I like to listen when you put it like that, when you give me that kind of analogy, I like him. You going with it. But everything you just said, you know, you talk about tom Ford, you know, yeah, you know the nice shoes and she's a stepper.
Speaker 4: Well, everything you just describing that woman ain't the goddamn Las Vegas Raiders. It don't go together, you know. Now, the lost the Las Vegas Raiders is the one where your homeboys saying, hey boy, I ain't sharp. I need to want to take them for the team tonight. Now the one I got, you know, she's a team now her.
Speaker 1: Friend, she says, she had to bring her friend with her. Now a friend is on the six. But you're gonna take on.
Speaker 2: Us.
Speaker 4: It's like like getting getting ready to be the head coach for the Chiefs or something.
Speaker 2: But you have to understand the o jo. She's so interesting. She ain't got to have on nothing. She might come out the house with crops. She might come out the house with that bonnet on, but she's thirty two.
Speaker 1: Who curry.
Speaker 4: Let me let me give the visuals together. Now, how tall are we talking? How tall we talking?
Speaker 2: She's somewhere between she somewhere between five seven and five nine.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. I'm gonna do I'm gonna do you one better.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna do you one better because we both we both talked, let's just make a just just make a five, five, five, nine, five ten. So when she put some when you put some heels on, we call an amazon.
Speaker 2: Thirty two got a nice job. She makes six figures, low six figures. When you see how she ain't got nothing on that she carried. She carried Louis all the time. She got her own, got her own crib, got her own car.
Speaker 4: And you gotta be careful now because because everything you describe right now as a woman.
Speaker 2: She talked back, that's okay. I listened, she talked, I listen. I don't know what you talking about, O Joe. Hey, I about to be fifty self. Man, I hafit of you all that I passed that stage, O Joe? What I got to? Where the past? And I get he's gotta be by way. Oh no, she talked back, and yo, yo, you know what. You're right. I didn't want to go over there. Why didn't you tell me this yesterday?
Speaker 1: I like it. I like I listen, I understand you at this is a different phase in life. You under you have to understand you don't have to fight guy it's.
Speaker 2: Not like he Ben Johnson. See, yeah, Tom Brady wanted Ben Johnson, Ben Johnson, I ain't got no quarterback. Yeah, ideally, would I like to be in the same division. No, But I got a quarterback over here. I got skill position player over here. I got a lot of cap space and I can build. Guess what, I got a quarterback on a rookie contract, so I could put some pieces around him.
Speaker 1: You got, you got a little time, got by two more.
Speaker 2: Years, got two more years. So with that being said, O Joe, but Pete being seventy about to be seventy four, think about it. In the history of the game, there's only one other coach. Romeo was seventy three, and he was introl. Wasn't had he wasn't you know that wasn't Somebody hired him and gave him the job. He just took over. So for me, it was for for for Pete, it's a no brainer. Now Pete can't build a team. We saw what he did with Seattle. But Russ came to him in the third round. I think Russ was a third round draft pick, and we saw what happened. They had a great defense. They built that thing. They had be wagged. They had Sharon, they had Chancellor, they had Earl, they had Malcolm Smith, they had Bennett, they had Cliff April, they had Red, they had a squad. Russ come in. Remember now, they assigned Matt Flynn in free agency from Green Bay. He was expected. They gave him ten million dollars guaranteed, had a thirty million dollar contract, ten million dollars signing bonus, and he never touched the field. Russ Beady Mountain Camp.
Speaker 1: Crazy, how that world?
Speaker 2: Hey? And maybe they can, maybe they can, maybe he can strike lightning. He under see the thing is o joe. He understands. He's been ahead coach of the different stops. He's head coach at the Jets. He's head coach at the Patriots, head coach at Seattle, head coach here, head coach at USC. And you look at what he did. USC was USC was not winning before Pete got there. He put USC back on map. Now you not old enough to remember when USC had that juggernaut late sixties and the through the seventies. They were hell they were loaded, yes, yes, yes, yes, I mean you got to think about it. They had Charles White and Marcus Allen, Ronnie Lott, Dennis Smith, Joey Browner Ross, all the all those guys. So they were they were really Lynn Kine, all those guys were in that backfield, they were really, they were really good munyos. Yeah. I think Don mose Bar was on that team. They were, they were, they were loaded. But Pete knows how to build a team. But at the end of the day, if you look at the teams when he's had his best, most recess, always it matters and without him. So Russell Russ, Pete reunite in open I mean, Eman Russ, Russell Wilson.
Speaker 4: That's a good one. That's a good That's a good one. I like, I like, I like what you're thinking. That's a possibility. I'm not I'm not sure. I am not sure.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 4: That's a good one. A quarterback that you're familiar with, a quarterback that you want a super Bowl with, you know. But there were some there were some issues internally.
Speaker 2: It got you want to go there, like, nah, bro, I see the people like I see diminishing skills. Nah bro. I I ain't really trying to give you two hundred plus Russey bro I And you know, hey, spend the box. Yeah, yep, you know some type of thing be so bad on you. Youn't got a choice, but I don't. That ain't what that ain't what I said out, But sometimes.
Speaker 1: You have to do.
Speaker 2: You know that half your age plus seven minus three. So that's where I come forward. That's that's you know, that's my box. Yes, I stay right here, on Joe, I ain't going out part of it, you know, side to side, side to side, right here, But I ain't going outside that box. Okay, maybe, hey, you know who it is. Maybe you know what I'm talking about. You know you dog talking about O Joe. You know I say the aid sometime you know a uh like hey boy, age twenty seven thirty seven.
Speaker 1: Different, it's different. Listen.
Speaker 2: You know it's good.
Speaker 4: You know it's good about us is really understanding and realizing we're not.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're not the same as we were as we want.
Speaker 4: No, we understand what we're capable of doing at our age now the thing we did not in our teens in twenties and thirties.
Speaker 1: Man, we ain't pulling that. We're not pulling that shit off at.
Speaker 2: This No, no, no, why I ain't the look I ain't. I ain't for the grab, no twenty five year old like I could when I was thirty two, thirty three. I already know that right now, Oh Joe, I'm when I can, not when I want to. You see what I'm saying. Oh Yoe, I'm when I can't, not when I want to. Understand that yet understable stay we will not stay with it. There's a difference between the two.
Speaker 1: You know what, you know what you got? You got self awareness.
Speaker 4: Awareness is so important, but it's lacking in so many, so many of our men today.
Speaker 1: It's lacking in so many of our life things.
Speaker 4: You can keep up and do some of the things you did when you no.
Speaker 2: I'm hey, Hey, I'm who I am about to be eight six months fifty seven. Now I don't look it. I still I'm in shave, you know. I eat my vedges and do my alms. But hey, at the end of the day, they hit that Google, Damn, damn. Fifty fifty salm, yeah, uh fifty salmn. Hey, Hey, oh Joe, you know sometime you have to, Hey, catch a straggler come out of the supermarket. You know what. I'm there, I'm lead.
Speaker 1: On the list.
Speaker 2: I'm leading on the wall, waiting on.
Speaker 4: It's a ninth. It's the ninth is two strikes and three balls. What you're gonna do now? On a quarter to a two minutes? Two minute drive?
Speaker 2: Hey? While, hey, you sit in your car for a little while. Watch you go in and out? Okay? Hey, oh Joe, she looks as desperate as I am. The Jacksonville Jaguars finalizing a deal to hire Bucks offensive coordinator Lim Cohen as their next head coach. The move comes after Cohen agreed to an extension with the Buccaneers and removed himself from the consideration for the Jags job. Cohen met with Jaguars on Thursday to discuss the vacancy, despite the news of his return to Jampa, which would have made him the highest paid coordinator in NFL history. Jacksonville reportedly reached out to Coin after the team fired Trent Bauki to see if he would reconsider the offer, and after their talks, it appears Jacksonville has their guy.
Speaker 5: Well, I like it.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 4: And the fact that the fact that he chose to leave even though the Bucks were gonna make him the highest paid off as the coordinator.
Speaker 2: You know they gonna make it by de gonna make more than we were gonna make our Jacks. How you figure he gonna make at least seven million dollars with the Jags, the highest paid cortinator probably make you make three million dollars. We remember we just talked about Spagnola making No, that's that's what I'm just saying.
Speaker 4: But if they if they, if they're telling him to leave the job, we want you to reconsider. I'm sure allow him to set the market on whatever it is.
Speaker 2: No, they're gonna ask him to know, the Jags ask him to reconsider, so they're gonna give him a head coaching job, which would probably be somewhere around seven million. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers was only gonna give him three million million.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, yeah, not just saying said, okay, I had him backwards, but I knew he was leaping law Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: Nobody. Yes, absolutely, And and look and you're over everything. You're you know, you're responsible. I mean, the head coach comes with a lot of responsibilities. You're not You're not responsible for one side of the ball, You're responsible for the whole ball. Offense, defense, special teams. When we're gonna practice. What time we're gonna meet? Okay, what's the uh, what's the the training? You know what I'm saying. As far as weight schedule, okay, and your player? What time did it have to be there? How long the meeting's gonna laugh last? What time are we gonna leave Ohoe for road trips where we're gonna stay? All that goes on the head coaches, So congratulations. I mean I hated for Baker because Baker had really under his guidance, Yep, he was Baker. Baker had. Baker had looked like the Baker that they took. That the reason why they took it with the number one overall pick I thanked in twenty sixteen. The last two years he showed you why. And a lot of that had to do, I believe had to do with Lim Cohen. Not to say Baker doesn't have talent, because obviously you go first overall you got talent, But I think he had found someone that believed in him, that had an offense that was really catered to what he does really well. He had nice quality receivers outside with Mike Evis. Even though Chris Godwin got hurt this year, the young guys had come along. I love the running backs that they got, but I hate this. I hate this for Baker, But I'm excited for someone to get an opportunity to be a Hey coach because Hey, last two years, he's done a great job as an OC for Tampa and he's getting rewarded for his hard work.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's dope.
Speaker 2: So what do you think, O Joe?
Speaker 4: You liked him absolutely, absolutely, Listen if he can do, if he can do, if he can do an he did for Baker, imagine we will do for Trevor Lawrence. Baker Mayfield had Mike Evans. Now young Young Bullets has stood over there in Jacksonville. Now, Chat, I don't know if you paid attention to Brian, Tom and Junior, but he's the reason he's in the Pro Bowl. Here's a reason he's in the Pro Bowl. So that magic he had in Tampa with Baker and Mike Evans has always been Mike Evans. But I'm sure he can create that same magic between Trevor Lawrence and get him turned around.
Speaker 5: You know, after getting that huge and Brian had Tom and Jr.
Speaker 4: They were your security blanket right there there, your security banker right there, Travis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then go your security. Blame your bright Tank Bigsby. I think you probably need to do a little bit more with the offensive line. Shure that up. I think they got a pretty good defense. Maybe look at look at a corner, look at it. Look you got a high draft pick. You got a quarterback. You don't need a quarterback. I wouldn't spend a high draft pick on a wide receiver. I wouldn't spend a high draft pick on a tight end. I don't know if there's anyone that's worthy to be selected. Uh, if they're an offensive lineman that's worthy of a pick that high, Probably not. Maybe a defensive lineman, maybe a dB. But yeah, you got Trevor Lawrence, you got Brian Thomas Jr. You got Evan Ingram, you got Tank Bigsby, you got Trevor at In, I mean your every ATN So you got some nice quality pieces. But you gotta have to protect You're gonna have to protect trev and he's gonna have to do a job to protect himself. They have the number one pick, right, No, Tennessee has the number one pick.
Speaker 5: Okay, that means should do the shure do is going first.
Speaker 2: In Jacksonville's at five, So.
Speaker 4: Let me see it's uh Shad will probably go first to Tennessee.
Speaker 5: The second would.
Speaker 2: Be I think Cleveland's at two.
Speaker 4: Then cam Ward would probably go two. And who are in New England is three?
Speaker 2: Right? No Giants are three? New England's four, Jacksonville's five.
Speaker 5: That might that might be a shocker right there, two at three.
Speaker 2: I'm the question is what would Tennessee be moving to move down? Is there's somebody that's in the draft that Tennessee says we must that we must have and we don't believe he'll be he'll be available if we slide down to three, four, five, six, seven. That's the question, O Joe. Because the question is if Tennessee one player away, O Yoe, or do you de most Okay, If I can slide down and get next year's first rounder, get a maybe pick up a second or third this year and a second and third next year and in twenty seven, maybe get a fourth, I think that's the that's the best option because I don't think any of these teams are one player away. Now. Obviously everybody's not going to slide down, But if I can, if I can, if I can slide down Ojo and really really really build.
Speaker 4: I think I don't see anyone sliding down, especially with the players that that that we have one that are slotted in the mountin drafts to go top five. I don't see any team coming out of coming out of those.
Speaker 2: No. I should uh mark draft Ojoe should do Sander's one Tennessee Abdual Carter, the edge rusher out of Penn State. Two cam Ward quarterback out of Miami. Three Travis Hunter, the all purpose, all, do it all wide receiver, cornerback New England, Mason Graham d lion Michigan, Will Johnson cornerback Michigan, Will Campbell, offensive lineman ot Jets. Now this is just the marrow. Obviously, clearly Tennessee needs a court now, you know, listening there and talk today, there's like, hey, we're willing to bring Will Levits back, but kind of informed it that there's gonna be competitions.
Speaker 5: We know, we know what that means, and maybe that be good a good thing for Will. Maybe that would be a good thing.
Speaker 4: Having someone to help the foreshoempee at a high level, you know, to force you to minimize your mistakes, because you know when you got somebody looking over your shoulder.
Speaker 5: They can do two things. They can either make you or it can break.
Speaker 6: You's a lot, that's a lot of that's a lot of pressure when you know you can't make no mistakes, when you're trying to play mistake free football, then you start to press, you start rest.
Speaker 5: Let me listen. That ain't a good thing. It depends on how he's built mentally.
Speaker 2: I agree. I think the thing is old, Joe, is that ap did a disservice to the Raiders by winning that game, because this slid down from one all the way to six. So there's a possibility that you could, look, you can lose out on cam Ward and your door.
Speaker 5: Listen, listen on in the war room, you never know what's going to happen. You never know what goes on.
Speaker 4: They have those phones in there for a reason, so maybe something may happen, you know, before the draft, or you during the draft, and maybe somebody comes up and snatches the player that they want.
Speaker 5: On their board to make sure he doesn't get away.
Speaker 2: Well, they really don't have a whole lot of draft tradable pieces. The one piece they got is Crosby. Max Cosby Crosby. That's what That's one piece that everybody would be willing to give up a first round pick or multiple picks. Four. I don't see anybody else on that roster that they would be willing to give that up for rock Bowers. But they're not trading brock Bios hell no. But Max Crosby is the only one that I see that has the that has the capital attached to him that somebody would be willing to give up. He's the most valuable He and brock Buyers are the most valuable pieces. Well, clearly they're not trading brock Bowers. But I don't think the Raiders are one player away.
Speaker 5: But they need damn quarterback. That's what they need.
Speaker 4: They absolutely need to situation and then you build, you build her out.
Speaker 2: Mark Andrews publicly apologized for dropping the ball on what would have been a game time to point conversion. It is impossible to adequately express how I feel. I'm absolutely gutted by what happened on Sunday. I'm devastated for my teammates, my coaches, and Ravens fans. I pour every ounce of my being into playing at the highest level possible because I love my team, and I love the game of football like nothing else. That is why it's taken me until now to collect my thoughts and address this publicly. Even though the shocking disappointment are unlike anything I've felt before, I refuse to let this situation define me. I promise that this adverse adversity will only make me stronger and fuel us as we move forward. I think everyone that has shown me and our team genuine support these past several days. Despite the negativity, I've seen heartfelt love and encouragement, including from those who have generously donated to the Breakthrough T one D organization. Even when the moment seemed darker, perspective can reveal that there is still a lot of light in this world. I'm not going to do my part to bounce back and contribute to it. Hashtag God bless oh Joe. Was this necessary?
Speaker 5: No? No, not at all, Not at all. There's nothing you can do. There's no point of you know, writing writing an apology.
Speaker 4: They're ups and downs, their obstacles, they're hurdles any game, you know, anybody on the outside of that locker room and apology.
Speaker 5: You talk to your players, you talk to your teammates, you talk to your coaches, you know, and you let them know how you feel.
Speaker 4: There's no need you apologizing publicly to everyone that hasn't put in the work you've done. They're not there in training camp with you. They're not their meetings with you. No, they're not bleeding with you. They're not going to war out there with you. Now, they do support you because they are fans of the team. Any apologies should be had should be had within that team, to individual players and nobody else if that's what you see fit in doing.
Speaker 5: But that's the births of brotherhood.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know they're not gonna be talk talking trash about you, and oh maybe you just no.
Speaker 2: It happens, Oh Choe. I mean I remember Ernest Byner and I e B. I know EB. I mean knew Eb a long time he was in Baltimore or when I was there. It stayed in contact with him. He form of the ball, he's running into the m zon each other. He had a touchdown. They would have put the bull to put the Browns in front of the Broncos and got pulled it out. It happens. It happens. Look at Billy Buckler. The ball went right through his legs. Mhm. Magic. Johnson had a situation. They used to call it. They called him tragic. He had a chance to win the game, he drove the time out. They lost it over time. He was a two time finals MVP. So frans are gonna turn Look, I don't care what you've done, or.
Speaker 5: They'll turn on your quick man. They're turning you quick. Their layercy is not with you. The loyalcy is there with too, simply because you're a part.
Speaker 2: Of the team.
Speaker 5: The roof for Yeah, that that's it, and that that is it.
Speaker 2: I just think the Thingyes, he came out, he had to come out much better. Just ad I'm devastating, guys. We had an opportunity to tie this game up, like our chances from that point on, and just left it. But Ojo, you can't run. You can't run. You don't have to say anything.
Speaker 5: It ain't about running.
Speaker 2: No, o Joe, You've got to speak after the media. Let mess your question. Had he called had he called it and they won? Do you think Mark Andrews would a sports Yah? Yeah, yeah, oh he did he Why you said he don't have to speak? Oh? I mean.
Speaker 4: You know I'm saying write that that written letter that like the like we've got that's nothing necessary you got, Ojo.
Speaker 2: This is why I'm a firm believer. You have to be able to handle adversity the same way you're Yeah, prosperity. I didn't success.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't realize. He didn't speak to the media.
Speaker 2: He didn't speak, he didn't speak after the game, and he didn't speak in the excident. Yeah.
Speaker 4: See ye, I mean, but the whole the letter thing, that's like, yeah, I ain't writing no letter. I ain't no point for all of that, man, I mean I might write that thing to my boot thing. He had a great season, Mark And yeah, Mark Anthony dropped full passes this season.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 4: He dropped or passes all year long. It just so happened they came at the wrong time, two of them. Yes, came at the wrong time. Yes, you know it happens, though, O Joe.
Speaker 2: I think after that.
Speaker 4: First drop, you know, everything else was in his head after that.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing. Even on the first drop, they would not have got to touch down, so we can't hold that agains him. They scored on that. If it looks at the end of the game, this is what everybody remembers the fumble. Buffalo went down and got points out of that, the two point conversion. You know they weren't able to get the on side. Now there was a minute in thirty three seconds with two timeouts. Now you're gonna have to ask your defense. We'll never know. Maybe the defense gets a turnover and they score and they win the game. Maybe ay they go down and and and and and battle and Buffalo kick a field goal and they win the game thirty to twenty seven. We'll never know. But you have to be able to handle You have to be able to handle adversus the same way you have the success, because it's not what happens to you that that determines what what do you do once that happens to you? And I believe Mark Andrews is made of the right stuff. You don't have the success that he's had in this league. He's been an All Pro, he's been a Pro Bowl player, he's been Lamar Jackson's most reliable weapon since he's been in Baltimore. We can't we there's no denying that. And Jay Flowers had an unbelievable season, but since Lamar's been there, and Mark Andrews has been there. Mark Andrews has been his most reliable weapon. And I can imagine I owed to you. I've been there. I dropped the pass that would have given the Broncos home field throughout the playoffs. I just say, if I'm ever in that situation again, ain't happening. Well five years, six year later, I'm in that situation thirty eight, in the situation in Baltimore thirty and eighteen, Mark, I promise you you come back and make a play next year to win a game, win a playoff game. Just keep your head up. Bro, You're strong, You're a great player. You're gonna be up there with all the other grades, with the Ray Lewis's and the Sons and Ed Reeds, the Peter bowl Wells and the Mike mcquarie, the Jonathan Ogdens. You're gonna be up there, all right. You're gonna be up there. Yep, You're gonna be okay, So pick your head up. I know it's hurting. I know it hurts, Bro. I know it hurts because of the finality of it. Man, what could have been. You're so close. But Bro, you'll be okay. I promise you're gonna be okay, and it's tough. You know, all your teammate say, oh Joe, they try to tell you the right thing, man. You know, man, hey man, it ain't your fault. We went together. We lose together, but singlely that now, bro, not that this was on you, that's the way. But Pee, that was different with us because I remember we we lost to the Giants on Joe in ninety at ninety eight. We were thirteen, we were thirteen and three, played on a Saturday, and we take the lead. We weren't playing well. TV was really sick. But TV gave us an our standing ether and I think T might have had one hundred and fifty yards. TV was sensational. Man, they go eighty seven yards to three plays. Man, we get on the bus, you know, everybody head down. I walked about to do the game. That touched down, like you coacht. This just underfeated Caesar, damn.
Speaker 6: Damn.
Speaker 2: Huh oh yeah oh yeah, oh oh yeah. We were like that, oh Yoe, yeah for sure, ye Lee yeah. Oh Tim mackay, I said, oh yeah, you like to cost us you like, hey, you like to fell out like you did in Pittsburgh. Mm hmmm no, oh no, uh but we had but oh Joe, we had that type of relationship with the guys. Oh we had no problem. You drop a past or, you gave up something, Oh yeah, you had no Oh yeah, you gonna hear about it, yoh yeah, oh yeah, for sure, for sure. But you a me and Burns. That was. Oh, we're gonna keep your humble old, oh especially old till you know what I'm saying. You gave up plays in the game, become practice, you.
Speaker 5: Dim you do that in the game.
Speaker 2: Oh you got me, you got me locked up? You up there talking, You're doing this all in my faith? Why did you do that on Sunday? Oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah, Hey we could let We can't let hey, we can't let you get too high. We got to keep you right here. We gotta keep you right here. Because if we keep you right here, oh yo, we know we can have you. You start feeling good about yourself and all of a sudden, you start bull driving. Now we gotta keep your level and so uh yeah, I wouldn't wrote it. I wouldn't have written no letter me personally. Oh yo, that's him now, that's how he handled it. I would have been mad enough to would have been mad enough to stand up there in front of the U. Yeah, I let my team down today. I did. If somebody would have told me I was gonna have an opportunity to atone for the fumble right by catching a two part conversion and giving our team an opportunity to pretend, let me take this thing to overtime. A chance. That's all I could ask for. All you want is an opportunity to put to be in that situation, because a lot of times, oh Joe, you don't even get an opportunity to be in that situation right to catch a game changing plate or game winning plate.
Speaker 4: Moments like that come come around every so often. Every so often, though it don't happen all It don't happen all the time. Now, it's yes, fortunate enough because of the team he's playing for, they're going to always be in contention, and he's going to always be making players for Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 5: Yes, so he's gonna be all right.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be all right. Victory goes to the man that's prepared. Luck. They call it the volume