Speaker 1: R and be Money.
Speaker 2: We are.
Speaker 1: Thanks take Valoti. We are the authority on all.
Speaker 2: R and B.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen. My name is Tank Valentine. This is the only and bet Money podcast.
Speaker 2: What edition is it?
Speaker 1: This is the tour edition.
Speaker 2: Ah. You see what we got on.
Speaker 1: You see we got on our tour.
Speaker 2: We got on our three threads man.
Speaker 1: We just finished with the Legacy tour. Yes, sir, you know, new edition, a legacy that has been forty years forty forty years of excellence, sellouts, and we were able to go help celebrate with them. Keith Sweat the sweat the sweat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, guy, come on, all the members, bab come.
Speaker 1: On, Crazy leg Yeah you know, Teddy Riley, Yeah you know.
Speaker 2: Aaron Yeah, Man stumped down yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, there go.
Speaker 1: That man train something you hear me, hear me something. And along with us we got to open. Well, I mean I got to open. You didn't really open. Thanks for opening. By the time you got on stage, it was nice and full.
Speaker 2: It was such a warmer.
Speaker 1: When I came out on stage, there were there's still a lot of seats left to be feels. When my music started and they would hear me singing. People start running, you know from the concessions trying to get in there. How did that feel?
Speaker 2: Because you haven't had that feeling in a long time?
Speaker 1: It felt great? Yeah, it felt great. It felt you know. I mean for me, it was just kind of it was more and so what I was a part of, right, So I you know, I was excited. I was so excited to be a part of it that I was just like, you know, we're gonna give it to whoever's here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're so different, bro, because we've both been around it. There are artists who are like hold the door, are are are are hold the set time until or in people in their seats, and we're not going on until you know what I mean. And and you've earned that space to be on that if you want to be on that, so too. That's why I'm saying, like, how did that feel that you're like, Yo, set time is a seven seven thirty, were going on?
Speaker 1: We're there, they see to not We're gonna make people understand something. We're there in the hole seven minutes to ten minutes early. They're not waiting on us. They don't have to knock on our door, right, you know what I'm saying we're standing out in the hallway when they like, oh, yeah, we've been ready, you know what I'm saying. And so, you know, for me, it's really was really one hundred percent being happy to be part of that because they could call anybody and the venues would have been what they were. They set out venues without me, so there's to be part. I was like, man, I'm gonna go crazy whoever. But by the time you know, we got to win, we yeah, you know, the people, the people were there. Yeah, and then we got right after that was slow. You know, you know, you know, you you popped out and what do you have onto?
Speaker 3: It's a little bit of a it's a little Gucci, a little gui you know, the lube times and the Gucy socks and you know, I mean the belt, I mean coordinates.
Speaker 1: I went out there to coordinate. I mean, you know, I've seen that belt before somewhere.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm a stolen belt from years ago. I think we had like a photo shoot of something. I left a belt and I said, you know what, you got a belt.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, I got belt four times fine, whatever, that's my belt. Now this slow and then and then you know, we went to beat it up, which is a very fun moment because I got to you know, I got to get it. I got to get it off. Shout out to all the dancers, Yeah, shout out to Daisy and Big Moe and all them for coming out hell and rocking with us. That was really dope. Let's get into the tour, man, Let's get let's get into the tour. We'll get into the acts in the in the second. But what was your favorite city?
Speaker 2: I'm going to be like the guests that we got, that the difficult guests that we have, I'm going to mix it. I want to mix. I want to do the Conboyeah, I don't know. I think my favorite he was California. It was l a and the Bay nice. It was La Bay like, it was just the and And those aren't easy cities, not at all because they're used to people performing. I think that the energy that those two cities gave us. Yeah, we just at another level level, you know what I mean? Like it was real love, and we got love all across the country. But I just you know, my heart is in California, man, So it's just it was it was special.
Speaker 1: It was a special what was your favorite city. I'm gonna say, I'm gonna do combo to gonna be difficult artists. Uh, I'm gonna say California.
Speaker 2: You can do the whole state. You goes in California in another state and.
Speaker 1: Then I'm gonna do uh, I'm gonna do the d m V.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: D m V was special.
Speaker 2: Man, just you know you mix it up. That's like four cities because you're talking about d C. You talking about Maryland because you know we went through that thing.
Speaker 1: It went through there.
Speaker 2: Man. Just Baltimore was fired. Baltimore was fire, Tomorrow's fire.
Speaker 1: So you know that was that was that was home man. I love being able to shout I'm home. But l A l A was special.
Speaker 2: And then at Atlanta moment bringing out Rees.
Speaker 1: Atlanta was great. Yeah you get to bring out Rees, man.
Speaker 2: Tyrese is always gonna you know, he's always gonna take it up a level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was really dope. Uh. Toughest night?
Speaker 2: What was your toughest night as far as and I'm talking about like just the things that people don't know about, like the getting to the venue, getting on stage, almost not making it on stage. You know what I'm saying, that's what I mean by toughest, not because we didn't have no tough nights. So like we didn't get booed. No, people came there, They enjoy us and enjoy the whole show. So we never had no tough nights in that sense, or even just even vocally.
Speaker 1: Toughest night was being sick. Those three shows. What it is New York, It was New York, and what was after New York? It was those three city the New York.
Speaker 2: Week now Atlantic City. Yeah, I think New York, New York, New Jersey then Atlantic City. I think, yeah, yeah, I know you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because I had to I had to take my medicine and and my migraines kicked in, and I didn't eat for those for those those whole three days.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, because they got the most amazing vegan burger ever had in my life.
Speaker 1: You told me about that in Jersey. Yeah, I didn't. I didn't eat for the No, it wasn't Jersey, it was it was Newark. That was Newark.
Speaker 2: Newark is where I had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where had work. But for those three three for they I didn't even eat. I couldn't eat. That was I was messed up so with migraines, everything was tricked off. I was going to venue through the show that Those were tough shows because I had to, you know, use whatever energy I had and put into those shows. And that was it. After that, I was finished.
Speaker 2: Toughish for me was Texas HM by Texas. Remember I could sleep. So I'm gonna tell you guys and give you this insight. I'm hanging out with the Tank, and Tank has rituals that he does that they just don't work for me. Oh so, my dumb ass, I try to have my little red bull shot. Try a little red bull shot. The Valentine can't drink red bull I'm sorry, I just not not that if I'm trying to go to sleep. It just it really gave me wings. I drank. I drank. I drank Red Bulls for like two straight shows, and then by the next I actually no one show. No, I'm sorry, one show. I got it the first night, and by the time I got to Houston, my eyes were bloodshot, red, were as red as this suit. And people thought I was sick. Yeah I wasn't sick at all. Yeah, I just hadn't slept. Because I was literally drunk that little bit of red Boy and was in my room like this, still up tweaking, and then it was time to go, so and it literally I was I had red eyes the entire Texas. So that was the hardest for me because it was just like I'm trying to figure out what the hell is going on with me? And then I realized it's me taking this little couple of SIPs of red Bull.
Speaker 1: I didn't tell you to do that.
Speaker 2: He didn't tell me to do it, but he's in courage. Yeah, encourage, Hey man, let's tell me about to turn up. And then I just can't turn down.
Speaker 1: You have a sing on red Bull? What it gets up there?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Worst hotel?
Speaker 2: Oh? Oh, what's the what's the city? It was that little like a little trap, a little trap hotel. We was in in a couple of trap. No, but this was the one where remember that it was kind of a day room ish because this venue also didn't have a dressing room. What city was that we were in the south? Is that Birmingham now? But no, Birmingham at a nice hotel. I gotta look at I gotta look at.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Virginia.
Speaker 2: It was in Virginia. Yeah, it was in v A.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We stayed in a hotel that the Clips used to sell drugs at. I promise you they sould work at this hotel. This hotel, I'm pretty sure I slept in my sweatsuit. It was on top of the cover.
Speaker 1: I get button naked. Another hotel. I can't, I can't help it. I gotta, I gotta for my balls on the sheets only where I can sleep.
Speaker 2: No, I was in the full eswecsly with the hoodie up. I didn't want none of it to get on my neck or nothing else.
Speaker 1: I don't want.
Speaker 2: And I know there's some probably some really nice hotels in that city, Bootes, and we weren't at one.
Speaker 1: We were at the trap pay by the hour. Let's talk about, uh stand in shape tough. I mean, did you work out on that tour.
Speaker 2: I did a little bit. I worked out a little bit, A little bit.
Speaker 1: I worked out on every off day, and then me and Shot had you know to push up. Yeah, yeah, the push up things.
Speaker 2: I didn't work out as much as I should have because we would get to the v I mean, we would get to the city and didn't have to get to the venue quick, and you know me, I gotta shower up and I gotta do the whole There's this thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, we get to the city, he has to shower. We get to the venue, he has to shower. We leave the venue, he has to shower. Wake up. The next day, he's got a shower. I like, I don't know what going on with your water bill at the house. I'm sure your water bill is crazier than your mortgage. I'm sure there's a weird imbalance. Makes no sense. If we weren't a little press for time, he would have showered right before he put on this suit. It just came from home. Yeah, you know, you know, I stayed on that because you know, I have to have to.
Speaker 2: Show them, you know.
Speaker 1: But it's tough on the road though, tough for sure, bad food.
Speaker 2: The road. Yeah, it's tough finding finding quality quality food, finding quality food.
Speaker 1: We had a decent rider, Like, we had some veggies, we had the veggie burgers. Yeah, but but it was as far as like, you know, meals, Yeah, finding quality meals. It was tough too because we also be at the venue by like six and then by the time you know, we leave the venue, we didn't leave early.
Speaker 2: Everything was closed. Everything was closed. Yeah, so yeah, that that that can be tough on the road. And you know, I would suggest for the new artists as you continue to build up, just just really start being meticulous about your writer and the things that you like because you're going to have to eat that all the time every day for the most part. And yes, you have catering, but catering is trying to make sure everybody is straight.
Speaker 1: And we were opening. It was our cater They would get to us when they could. They did the best they could cater for sure. The sprinter a nice sprinter. Man bought a really nice sprinter. But it's still a sprinter. But so guess what happened. So guess what I found out with the manufacturing. They didn't put the insulation in between the the emergency windows.
Speaker 2: So that was that whistle wood.
Speaker 1: And yeah, the whistle whistle, the the the acceleration coming through the speakers. Relax.
Speaker 2: It's a great sprinter, was was, It's a great go to magic mind.
Speaker 1: It was a defective part in the whatever you want to take your kids to Disneyland, it's fixed. Don't ride five or six hours though it's fixed. The sprint is perfect. After the tour, It's perfect. I'll never do it again. It's perfect. It's perfect.
Speaker 2: So, speaking of Sprinter, I spent a lot of money on travel.
Speaker 1: Are you going back every week?
Speaker 2: I went back home every week, you know that. And then if city was anything more than three hours, he flew, I flew. I just it was. It was tough. It's tough.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of rattling.
Speaker 2: Especially after the Red Eyes. I was like, man, no, because that was the other things, like I couldn't sleep. But then I get on the on.
Speaker 1: The sprintert we were opening.
Speaker 2: I was just trying to come give y'all good show.
Speaker 1: When I popped out, Man, I need this rest well open the next Sorry. What else? Vocal health, Yeah yeah, this is the first tour I made it through vocally one without having any like any sixty or fifty percent days. You know why because I didn't drink, which is weird because I'm allergic, which is I mean, I say it because I'm allergic to certain alcohols and I know that and I still.
Speaker 2: Still do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, stupid kid. And but this tour, you know, we talked about it before we went on tour. I was like, man, I wis want to let's just lay I want to lay off of that so that I can, you know, really get through the tour and be one hundred percent every night, right.
Speaker 2: And that's that's that's the other part about that, just to kind of dive deeper into it. You're not even a drinker like that. No, So this is what's like to the to the younger vocalists, just to the vocalist period, like, it don't have to be a lot, ye, it don't got to be a lot of alcohol, a lot of weed, or a lot of whatever you own. You're you're still tearing away at your voice.
Speaker 1: That little bit over time, over time, it just accumulates.
Speaker 2: But bro, listen, you was cooking, just cooking out there. Bro, you just cooking. You're singing your ass off. Try to keep my walk. Yeah it was hot.
Speaker 1: You sounded good too, brother, Thank you don't really have any bad nights.
Speaker 2: Vocaler, Me and my and my in my five minutes cook you cook, got my high five you cook?
Speaker 1: As about it. It was so many It was this one girl, say, listen to Jay Valentine's sounding like Jay Valentine.
Speaker 2: She just sound like you.
Speaker 1: Man, you should sound like the record. Sound like the record. You don't sound like the record, call you somebody. You may not like my vocals work on it, but there are my vocals. They're going to sound like me. You sound good. Thank you. Late nights, early flights, it's tough.
Speaker 2: That's that's another one. Get get rest, get rest, get rest. You gotta get your rest.
Speaker 1: I got to sleep. Yeah, I'm like, I need sleep. I value sleep over everything. I love sleep.
Speaker 2: And but that that's also when you do have a vehicle on the road, it helps because you just get in there and go to sleep instead of trying to run to that flight and be a fool like me.
Speaker 1: If I had the bus, we had the bush any way more arrested.
Speaker 2: We didn't need it. We didn't need it. We didn't need it.
Speaker 1: We ended up, I mean, we ended up doing well, save some money. But I don't think I'll ever do another tour without a bus.
Speaker 2: Out of bus. I just saw all you people who own bus buses and have bus companies. Just know that you should probably send him. I'll be calling because he's going to buy a bus. Now, what about your sprint?
Speaker 1: The sprinter is listen, I would drive my spring where you're going back, just going to get a juice.
Speaker 2: I know, Zena just be shaking her head at you sometimes, like you can take the sprinted to get juice.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, what else? Why you feel me at Charlotta? Therefore getting accosted by the lady.
Speaker 2: I can't remember. Someone online told me what the what the beautiful lady's name was? I can't remember. And also I don't want to. I don't want to do that on here anyway. I don't want to because she probably don't want her name said on R and B Money podcast she was mad? Why was she so mad?
Speaker 1: It was it was too early in the morning, first of all to be that upset about anything.
Speaker 2: So can you give them a little backstory? Because what happened?
Speaker 1: All right? So I got a coach seat. I had bought a coach seat because it was sheep, and I knew I would get upgraded. So I got upgraded. But I got upgraded to a bulkhead seat. And I want I don't like bulkhead seats because I need to I need to stretch my knees out. And I wanted to go back to my window that I had, my emergency window. I like to lean on the window get my lean off. And so when I was kidding. When I was getting on the plane, I said, I said, do you have the emergency window availablecause they called first class and I'm getting on. She's like, no, it's also not everything's gone. If everything's gone, I was like, okay.
Speaker 2: Well, I just you know, when I get on the plane, I'll just I'll just I'll switch with the person you know that has that seat.
Speaker 1: And now she said, no, you won't. I said, yes, yes I will. She said you will not. And she had took my ticket because she was looking to see if anything else was available, and she was like, no, you will not do that. You will not give your seat to another person. There are people waiting to be in first class and you cannot do this. I said, I why, because you cannot. I'm telling you you cannot. I said, but I'm just it's to see that already had that person did not pay for a first class seat. I said, well, I'm gonna just give them. It'll be a gift, like like a birthday you and I gift gifts. Nothing. You will not do anything. I was like this, I don't understand why you're yelling at me. I said, I just I said you know what, don't worry about it. I'll just get on the plane. Don't worry about it. I said, Can I just get my ticket? No, because when you get on the plane, you are going to try to switch. You have to promise me that you are not going to switch, I said, I said, I just want to get.
Speaker 2: On the plane. You didn't promise that.
Speaker 1: No, And then some young lady came. She overheard that. Worship, what's going I said, I said, at this point, I just want to get on the plane. I don't know what's going on. I don't know why she she grabbed the ticket from the lady said don't I got it, and she walked me to the place. She said, it's okay. I said, I don't. Why is she? What did I do? And you know, she did not want me to give my first class seat to this coach passenger that was in the seat I really like.
Speaker 2: And you would be able to do a good deed too, because people like first class, right, it costs money. She told you that people are waiting to get upgraded. You she would have been, you know what, what's the name of the next person that's about to get upgraded?
Speaker 1: But I wouldn't have got the window seat.
Speaker 2: You can't get them.
Speaker 1: See yes, I.
Speaker 2: Can not on her, not her, not on airlines. I wish you would. Yeah, yeah that was that wasn't gonna happen, brother.
Speaker 1: So yeah, she she worked me. How about you? Let's talk about you at at Oakland? How about you?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: How about you almost you know, I don't know. Want the security guys.
Speaker 2: Said what you want to say?
Speaker 1: Man? What secure guy? You know? Accuse your putting hands on them and threatening them. I mean, you know, you know in the bay, you know your area. He tried to put the police like you pried to put the police on You're like, man, well well we're R and we're R and B. Brother, it's sexy.
Speaker 2: It was. It was not my proudest moment.
Speaker 1: What type of attitude, the type of NB a young voy? Okay, can I explain? Can I explain?
Speaker 2: Waiting?
Speaker 1: We're waiting.
Speaker 2: So it was it was really a situation that didn't have to be a situation. Honestly, you know me, if I'm if I'm bullshit and I say I'm bullshit, I wasn't bullshiting this time, Okay this time, and all I was trying to do was give my folks their passes, which you know, that part was fine, but it was started to turn into people seeing that I was that I had walked out and you know the pictures and you know what I mean, I gotta take aup picture, which is fine and that's cool, but there's starting people are starting to kind of come around it. So I'm trying to hurry up my folks, like listen, y'all, here go, y'all passes, y'all straight, so y'all can y'all can come back. And when I turned to walk back into the tunnel, he's like standing right in front of me, so like I turned into him. So as I turn, I turned really close to him, and he's like, what are you doing? I was like, and he put his hand out and it was really close to me, and I'm like, put your hand down, and he's like, what do you mean put my hand? I was like, put your hand out, calm down. He's like, you're trying to move people in and out. He just went into what he thought I was trying to do, which was really wasn't true and didn't give me a chance to let him know what was going on. Because now we're now it's kind of a back and forth, and I don't like his tone, you know what I mean. And because I don't care what any of us do. I respect people. I just want my same respect because we're all adults first, even if you're a kid, you know, disrespect kid, you don't disrespect people. And his tone in his manner was very authoritative. Authoritative, yes, if that's the word for it. Yeahative, you know what I'm saying. Conversate, you know what I mean. They didn't put that in the motherfucker dictionary, now, nigga.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was doing too much.
Speaker 2: He was doing too much. And we had a little bit of back and forth, and he when he put his hand up again because now I'm about to start, you know, walking, he put his hand up again. He touched me, he touched don't put your hands on me.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't put your hands on the Valentine.
Speaker 2: If you touch me, I'm gonna touch you back. In the middle of testing him back, I also told him get his motherfucking hands off me before I beat and here, and he saw that I had my all access to move around it and he and and he's talking and I'm like, get the fuck out my way, get out of my way. They're going to put their passes on and then you gotta let them through, but get out of my way. And you know, he didn't like the way that our interaction went when you.
Speaker 1: Brushed past him. Did you give him a little shoulder? Did you give him?
Speaker 2: I can't confirm or deny me getting back to the dressing room, how I got back there, I just I got just I got there. I got there, you know what I mean. But I did not assault him, of course. So you know, we get folks end up coming through, we go to the back, we all kicking it. Next thing we know, it's like it's a little commotion happening. And what people also didn't know, because they couldn't put it together if they didn't know, what was our dynamic was that I'm also tanks manager, and I think it was it was like get to their management team because one of the artists.
Speaker 1: So you gotta go to tail with him. You tell me on me.
Speaker 2: Good luck, good luck. So they tell Lulu. They tell Lulu, Lulu is our role manager. Lulu takes care of everything for us and make sure that we also stay peaceful. Right. Lou is an amazing guy. So they go and tell Lulu, and Lulu knows me. Lulu knows me forever, and he seen me in those type of moods, and but he's just like that, don't sound like Jay because what they tell Lulu is what they tell Lulu and the police. Because he goes to the police to police. What he tells Lulu and the police is that I assaulted him, I put my hands on him, and that he needs me removed from the.
Speaker 1: That's what the police.
Speaker 2: So what they come do is they come get me out of the dressing room, and me, being the fool that I am, I run out the dressing room. What's y'all want to talk about?
Speaker 1: What's happening?
Speaker 2: Because also I know I didn't do anything. I know I didn't assault this man. I know, So I'm like, no, come on, let's go talk. And when I go to talk, he jumps in as if I need to talk to him and says, you're out of here unless you apologize to me. I said, who you think you're talking to? Yeah, there's no other way you can stay here. I said, you out of your motherfucking mind. I walked myself out. Fuck you, I've been kicked out. A better place, a better place, I'm gonna ford that to me. So I'm going I'm I'm like, I don't want to hear the rest. I'm like, it ain't I wouldn't apologize to you in a million years because I didn't do anything to you.
Speaker 1: And you know that police, the police. When I see him, when the police coming out room and police come in our room like this, he's like, come on, Jane, come help me out here.
Speaker 2: Jay come, Because I didn't think the police officer realized it was going to be me.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Shout out to him too. Yeah, he was super cool, and he just asked me, said, man, just promise me, man that you're just going to ignore him. Yeah, just don't don't antagonize it. I was like, I'm in here having a good time. I was like, if y'all, if y'all want me, no, no no no, no, no, no no no. We can't be known for kicking you out of the Oakland Arena.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: I was like, it could actually be a fun story. It's like, no, no, no, no, we can't kick you.
Speaker 1: I won't be the guy. Yeah, I won't be the guy.
Speaker 2: So that's that's the real story behind that. Man. It was unfortunate because it just it was a great night and that's not the energy that we have at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I don't other than you know what I'm talking.
Speaker 2: You had an incident GARANTGT in Oakland where you try to throw a chair through it with but you know whatever, it's fine when you Jimmy fly Snicker through the door. Remember you did that karate kick.
Speaker 1: I was mad. I wasn't mad at no body. Moving on, Yeah, moving on. Shout out to keep Sweat Stalker.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Keith Sweat Stalker.
Speaker 1: Who had who had pictures posted up all over backstage. She was not let not her no entry, no entry, no entry shade. They had pictures with her shades on and pictures were shaved.
Speaker 2: Oft in case she tried to be Carmen San Diego and be a different person.
Speaker 1: And every since. Shout out to Keith Sweat. I don't know, you know, I know how stockers are made, but I'm not gonna I'm not gonna Cueue Sweat. You know, I'm not going to cue Sweater knocking that down back in the day.
Speaker 2: And while we're and while we're there, Yeah, new audition, super fans, super fans, so we made the mistake of a few cities and stayed at the same hotel as New Audition. It's still nineteen eighty three.
Speaker 1: For sure for New Addition.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, so your mama or your mama's mama might have been hanging out at the hotel trying to get a glimpse of one of New Audition at two in the morning, absolutely still turning up in the lobby. I'm like, yeah, these women are very.
Speaker 1: Mature, drinking and aggressive like and they and they have settled for some young dang a line. We came walking through that listen.
Speaker 2: It was a couple of nights. I would literally walked through another side hotel like, you.
Speaker 1: Know what, come on round here, Tank, come on, show old lady something that BlackBerry my lasses, Like, okay, shout out to the Hall brothers, shout out to Hall brothers. You know Damien Hall, my brother. I mean, you know he's in good shap. You know he's not in the tank shack, but he's in good Ship. So I guess when I took my shirt off.
Speaker 2: He felt like they took their shirts off of the tires.
Speaker 1: Take your shirt off the entire set, and I'm like, I'm like, Damien not the whole set like you just you pickable, you know what I'm saying. Has said, no, sir, whole set shirt off gyrating whole time, Aaron Hall in the crowd shirt off whole time time. And I inspired that.
Speaker 2: I want to and shout out to Teddy Rally's outfit changes kept the shirt on, but it was multiple changes, multiple because he's gonna cut you known guy in mean he gonna have on the glitter hat.
Speaker 1: Yeah you don't see some glitter somewhere, Teddy Rally, you got enough hit records where all the glitter.
Speaker 2: He wants all he wanted to want to they was they was doing the hits. They was doing the man.
Speaker 1: Keep was doing the hits, hits and new addition. I mean that's another level man. Shout out to Brook pay Brook Pain Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, Like, what what you guys have done is amazing. Absolutely, it's absolutely amazing. Shout out to your whole team all youall guys man, from the role management to the security, Like everybody was so gracious to us and showed us so much love. Man. So that was really really cool man, and I appreciated it.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. This was also the no comp tour for us. Oh yeah, yeah, so this was happening when you when you're opening, go ahead speak on that when you're opening. First of all, money was good, so we you know, we didn't have any problem. My money went to tickets to excepting some of a lot of the stipulations, you know, because as I'm not a new artist, I'm not an opening artist. But it was like, okay, you know, New Edition money is good. It is what it is, no comp tour, which means the b PC they want all theirs, every dollar, every dollar on the first, every ticket on the first. And then you got to realize that New Edition is a group comprised of six Medix members who all have people they want to get in free. Then you have right going right before them, Keith Sweat, who is going to get his. Then you got guy who's going to get there. Three members in that group, and then you get to us and ain't left. Yeah, we just ain't got nothing left. The tickets are gonna be how.
Speaker 2: Many tickets you think you bought?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I lost count.
Speaker 2: I lost count, but then I got reminded when I looked at my credit ship, I just said, you know what they were not cheap tickets.
Speaker 1: We wanted, we wanted wanted them to see good so but shout out to the tour, shoutout. Wanted to shout out to BBC. Of course, Gary, who's my guy, good friend of mine, saying it is wedding man, appreciate you for having us. Shout out to the production Yeah, production guys, Shout out to the production man. All those guys. Man, those guys were like, you know, they let me.
Speaker 2: Ride on the bus. Yeah, yeah, I rode with the guys. Man. It's super cool, super cool guys.
Speaker 1: And I think the thing that a lot of artists have to realize about the production guys, when you're on the road, it's like, it's not you don't want to make it you against them, you versus them. They all took care of us, never took care of you, like they are your lifeline. They're the umbilical cord between you and the audience. So at that point, it's not your show.
Speaker 2: It's ours. But I think we understand that because that's how we operate, even here, even with you know, with Theben and Jacob, even here with and Jacob, they are an extension of us. I wish somebody would come in here and say some sideways the Ruben and.
Speaker 1: Jacobs wouldn't work out.
Speaker 2: Well, I get your ass, I keep my gun Harney podcast. No, but you know. But but it's just like we understand the team concept and we understand all the pieces. They may not be in front of this camera, but these cameras don't work without our guys. The production on this tour does not go without all of these guys, the stage hands and the engineers in the front of house shout out to toe, come on.
Speaker 1: And things go wrong, is what people do. Things go wrong, And you have to know the difference. You have to know the difference between dealing with incompetent people and technicalities.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: There's a difference. And we were dealing with some very competent people and sometimes when it comes to technicalities, things just they just happened. They just happen. And so in knowing that, I was like, nah, these guys were gonna know it.
Speaker 2: Like there were nights obviously, like I'm new to inears, right, so there were nights where my in ears were kind of going a little bit in and out here and there, and I just had to make my adjustments and the guys knew when I get off stage like I was, and I'm like, oh what he was in and out? Man?
Speaker 1: I said, trip off of that. Yeah, we'll figure out. We figured out figured out with it by by week two clockwork.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we also wasn't getting no sound check.
Speaker 1: We got no sound check, were opening, we were opening.
Speaker 2: Sorry, guys, sometimes our sound check was in front of you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Thank god for Toby and our crew, our crew, Tobias, Issha, my Barber, big Shot, big Shot, Uh, Corey Driver, Lulu International International Lulu and Corey said Bro Si Bro and the Valentine came along with us. We had a good time. Man. Jacob came out on a few rock with us. You know what I'm saying. Five days got some footage overall. Man, an amazing experience. Everybody's screen. When y'all gonna do y'all own tour, Army.
Speaker 2: Money Tour, it's coming, it's coming, it's coming. Hold your horses. We got you covered.
Speaker 1: And that was it. Man had a good time.
Speaker 2: Tour. Tour was good man. Tour was needed. It was for me personally. It was something for and I just want to say thanks Bro for inviting me to come out with you and to do the tour with you because it was it was it enabled me to get my feet wet and to kind of get back fully into it. And honestly, it was my first tour as an artist ever because when I was you know, I did my thing with my brothers years ago, we never toured. We did, you know, we did the schools and that type of stuff, but we never toured. And then, you know, when I was doing my artist stuff years back, I was doing spot days here and there. I do a couple of art do some clubs, but I never I've never done tour, you know what I mean. Actually, the first tour that I went on was a Fantasia tour that I'd ever been on. Period. It was a fantastic tour when we you know, when we were out with her. But the first one I was performing on was the New Addition Legacy Tour, which is a great way to great way you know, be introduced and you know, to to the rest of the country. And I was, I was honestly surprised, man, how many people knew who I was. I told you you did, he did, he did, But I was, I was pleasantly surprised. Man. And you know they found out the podcast NIKK sing.
Speaker 1: Y'all ain't tell me the podcast they canna be singing, So no, it was.
Speaker 2: It was really dope, man, and it was a great experience and something I'm going to always hold near and dear.
Speaker 1: Perfect you know what I mean. So well, thank you again. Uh this to make sure you check out y'all. Make sure y'all go stream stream our R and B music, stream our greats, stream new audition, stream, keep sweat stream. God keep our keep our legends, keep our leg can see on the map we we we need that. Those are the those are those are the Those are foundational artists that helped create everything that we're standing on today to this point. And again shout out to the BPC for putting that on. Man, just just great, great.
Speaker 2: I gotta make one big shot of something that I had to see up close.
Speaker 1: Ralph.
Speaker 2: Ralph to me at this point, if they're going to put up a poster of a lead singer, it's going to be Ralph treason because the way he held his guys down every single night, meaning like he was a part of every set. I think he mighty some nights he might have stayed out when BBD was still doing their set, and just you know, like I would Bobby, I would like Ralph Man. The work that he put in on this tour was amazing and I have, I mean, for all the guys, I got the utmost respect Ralph though. It ain't Ralph, though they say when they started talking about the West, as they talking about these leads, my comment back is it ain't Ralph. Watched him do it every night, no complaints, sing every song He's on, every New Edition song. Ralph Transman is on every New Edition song. Think about that. And I watched him do that every night. Miss I didn't miss to tell him got business. I just got it. You know, A whole new found respect for that man. And you know, those those those brothers are great, all of them. Everybody that shared that tour, that was on that tour, from like you said, from the production to the management, to the business side to the artist, everybody showed us crazy love to the massuse shout out to the Massus saving us, you know what I mean. We needed that, you know, I mean it was just just different things that they put in place to make sure that we were good. I'm just super appreciative.
Speaker 1: Of that's a too recap.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: We just wanted to give y'all that man. You know, y'all ain't seen us, you know, talking conversing, you know, and do we do it a long time with your suit?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: I mean this is you know, I know you know this is that this is rich Fresh custom. You know what I'm saying to tell you know, little Wie sell on the on the bottom. I don't don't bother nobody. This is probably my favorite rich Fresh shoot that he's made for me. I might put it in a museum or something, you know, or shoot, I got more dates coming up, so I might just I might just rocking.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell y'all like this, you're never seeing this suit again, So if you would like to purchase it, hit me high. It's bitter.
Speaker 1: I got three of these.
Speaker 2: I can say this is listen, I got three. It is, you know, for the way you can tell me if you want my sense on it, he the sense especially you want to see you know what I mean, if you want to you know, you want the value, you want the suit, the smell like the Valentine when it comes to you talk. That's an added you know to it.
Speaker 1: But we're talking about that. Yeah, it's special feature.
Speaker 2: Everything's for sale, but it's a special feature.
Speaker 1: Right by the shipping, right by the expedition the last day. I'm however, where the smell of the Valentine? Do you want them? The podcast, Ladies Valentine and we are the Harvy Money podcast, the authority on all things R and B. This has been the toury cap Man, much more life. We'll see you Oaur next episode. R and B Money.
Speaker 2: R and B Money is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. Don't forget to subscribe to and rate our show, and you can connect with us on social media at jy Valentine and at the Real Tank. For the extended episode, subscribe to YouTube dot com, forward Slash, R and B Money