Speaker 1: Morning Run with Amy and TJ and iHeartRadio Podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning everyone, it is Saturday, May seventeenth. Welcome to the weekend edition. This is your weekend Morning Run where we talk about the stories that kept us talking this week, and there were a lot of them.
Speaker 3: We actually had a list.
Speaker 2: We had to kind of prioritize which ones were the most talkable because there was so much to discuss and so many opinions that flowed after we were done with Morning Run, So we were here to have those discussions and hopefully get you guys thinking too about.
Speaker 3: What happened this week.
Speaker 1: And I'm TJ Holmes, I'm Amy Robot.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I'm messing with you.
Speaker 1: When we saw it, I said, hey, so are you take the top here like we always do Monday through Friday? And you'd sure enough, you've got the date and forgot to introduce us.
Speaker 2: That's true, I forgot. Sorry.
Speaker 1: See we're off on Saturday. They can try to tell they're a little looser or a little loopy on Yeah, you Knowaday.
Speaker 3: It's been a long week.
Speaker 2: As I was discussing all the head headlines, we had a lot of working to do.
Speaker 1: So yes, we've have gonna go Monday through Friday. We'll start with the story on Monday that had us talking President Trump wants a new plane. He wants a new Air Force one, and he wants Cutter to give it to him. The offer rose a big deal this week. People were upset and wonder if it was even legal for the United States to accept a gift of four hundred million dollars from a foreign country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the gift is a seven forty seven eight jet that will be outfitted to replace Air Force one. So yes, there was the legality of it. Can Ken, a head of state, Ken, an elected official, accept a gift this large from a foreign country. And from what we heard from Pambondi, the Attorney General, if they claim if President Trump actually puts the plane in or like, I don't know how they do that, they make it a part of his presidential library.
Speaker 1: We're supposed to be donated later to his presidential library. Then they said he would have access to be able to use it for his personal use. That's a four hundred million not a gift to him.
Speaker 2: But Cutter said very specifically, no, this is a government to government gift. So our royal family is giving the government of the United States this plane. However, then it just doesn't make any sense. It actually seems like it would be the opposite. In order for that to be legal, according to the Trump administration, he would then have to donate it to his library, which means he does in fact, then get to personally use this four hundred million jets.
Speaker 3: So that really raises obviously a.
Speaker 2: Lot of perhaps ethical questions, but there are security issues with this as well, which when you start to think about it, Wait a minute, the most important person in the United States, the most powerful person in the world, is going to fly in a jet given to him by a foreign nation in the Middle East.
Speaker 1: Well, see how that works out. So that's going to have people chatting for a long time. We were talking about that, certainly after we reported it on Monday. Tuesday had a bunch of significant news headlines, but the one that really had us talking was the idea that we have For the past six or is it seven straight years, the most popular baby names in this country have been the same two names. Now, you got one of the I think you got one right, and then you were surprised you got the other one. But I wouldn't have come up with the male name, right, the top two names.
Speaker 3: Well, so what were we talking about? The women?
Speaker 2: The female names, the little baby girl names.
Speaker 1: No, the most popular names, well, boy was Liam. The most popular name for a girl.
Speaker 2: Was Olivia, right, And I had guessed Emma would be the most popular name for a girl, but that was number two on the list, and Olivia that was a little That was my guess for what maybe the second most popular girl name was. But that is those are two names. We know an Emma. We have an Emma here who's a producer here at iHeart. But I actually don't really know a lot of folks named either one of those names. So it must be the new babies coming up as the last six seven years, the new babies. So the new babies, like the first graders, the kindergarteners, all of those babies have those names. But the boys' names, I wasn't even close.
Speaker 1: But it's six or why the past six or seven straight years people have been naming their kid They've just they're just wildly popular right now. Not exactly sure how these things happen. But it used to be, Michael, it used to be.
Speaker 4: What was it? George was big for a while.
Speaker 3: There were David.
Speaker 2: Those types of like biblical names, I feel like always have lasting power. And maybe Noah, maybe that's where it comes from, because I do think people so Noah's back, Noah's back, no Noah is number two for the boy's name, Liam's number one, Noah's number two.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying, going back to ustalk biblical like, yeah, bringing Noah back apparently so.
Speaker 2: And you know what, It's funny because when I named my oldest who is now twenty two, Ava, that name is still on the top ten list of girls' names. And when I named Ava Ava, I didn't know of another Ava, so I thought I was being creative and unique, And turns out Ava was like Ava number three.
Speaker 3: Her best friend's name is Ava.
Speaker 2: They have to go by Ava, Ma and A have a C like it's it's. I was very disappointed with myself that I was such a follower without even realizing it. But I do think you might hear names you don't know why or how you heard them, but you like the ring they have to them, and then everyone somehow gets on board. And now we've got all these girls named Bolivia and Emma and Ava. They're all like A. The last name I mean it all ends with an uh. Right.
Speaker 1: All the girls' names, Evelyn is in there, Isabella, but Mia, Amelia, Sophia.
Speaker 2: Sophia with two spellings pH and an F and yeah.
Speaker 1: And for the boys it goes from Liam, Noah, Oliver, Theodore, James, Henry, Matteo, Elijah, Lucas, and William. So always interesting when the Social Security Administration puts out that list. Now we have a story. We try to pluck some from every day, but roads I'm looking at my list and I just don't want to do it. On Wednesday, the story here was about we were gonna do Pete Rose because we got, of course word that he was He's gonna be reinstated into baseball.
Speaker 2: Told me that was the most significant story of the day.
Speaker 1: When you say you're not that into it, you weren't you like Pete?
Speaker 4: Okay? I heard him, Yeah, what do you do?
Speaker 2: I know, I knew who Pete Rose is, and look, I like sports to an extent, but I'm just I haven't I'm not a big baseball follower.
Speaker 3: And so I was like, okay.
Speaker 2: And also, you know, I'm just asking is it does it matter that much? And you can tell me that it does yes, is the to get into the Hall of Fames after you're already dead?
Speaker 3: What does it matter?
Speaker 1: It means something to baseball. This has been around one hundred years. No, it means something to baseball that their records in baseball are sacred. Their rules in baseball are sacred to them. It is is don't try to you, do not begin to.
Speaker 4: Try to understand.
Speaker 1: You got really serious, because there is a way here because you're not gonna. I accept it and respect it, even if I'm not on board with it. But that is one of their things. These records are sacred. So for something like this and a guy like this who has meant everything to baseball to not be in their Hall of Fame, a lot of people said, no, that's not right, and then of people saying, now, now he shouldn't be in. It taints the game he cheated. No, he doesn't get in period.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to put you on the spot here, but have his any members of his family who are still around, have they weighed in on this, have they joined in the debate or have they allowed the public and perhaps people who make these decisions. I think actually there was a push and then President Trump made a push.
Speaker 1: Manfred the Baseball Commissioner, met with Trump and the Pete Rose. This came up, and yeah, Trump said he's going to pardon Pete Rose. That has nothing to do with baseball and getting back in. But he had attacks.
Speaker 3: He had a couple of issues in five or.
Speaker 4: Six months and you hit Yeah.
Speaker 1: So a lot of people say, yeah, it's a great record, but.
Speaker 2: It's does your behavior and I would normally say outside of the baseball field, but this actually was a part of the game because he was betting right correct on games that he could potentially influence the outcome of He was.
Speaker 4: The manager and a player on the team.
Speaker 2: So to me, if you're using the sport that you love and you excel at for financial gain, that is actually illegal. I kind of get why he shouldn't be celebrated or honored because he took something that was an amazing record and and tainted it to a point where it feels wrong to elevate or celebrate someone who chose.
Speaker 3: To do so.
Speaker 1: Now, it hasn't been a part of the conversation that he bet and tried to have an impact on the outcome of the game.
Speaker 3: But you that's possible.
Speaker 1: You can always do that, but that hasn't been a part of the story. That he was out there tanking or anything like that. That hasn't been a part of it. Yeah, I guess context doesn't matter there, but I don't know. He's he cheated and people say you shouldn't get in.
Speaker 4: I don't have much of an argument with either side.
Speaker 2: They take away Olympic medals from people who they have found to have cheated. I mean, you can cheating can be a lot of different things, but ultimately it's, you know, to take something, and he.
Speaker 4: Cheated the game because they say cheated the game.
Speaker 2: See, we did end up talking about it, but I knew you were passionate.
Speaker 4: It wasn't the one we were supposed to talk before.
Speaker 3: Were we supposed to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Because Wednesday was the day we got those really, really harsh, graphic details about free coughs in Diddy's trial. That was the day that people were talking about that trial more than any other day because it was just mind blowing. And I see it on our list here because we'd already decided we weren't going to dop rose and I said, you know what, I don't feel like talking about freak offs again, we've been covering that and just.
Speaker 4: Let's let's let it go on.
Speaker 2: Can we actually have a space for where we cover that, so I think we can keep it in that feed.
Speaker 4: Let's do that.
Speaker 1: Thursday, we have an argument here Ropes for what was the favorite story of the week on Thursday is that your streaming app Max is getting a name change and it's going to change his name back to HBO Max, which was its name before it changed it to Max. I'm sure you followed, but yes, this was People had fun with it, and I applaud HBO for having fun with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do appreciate when they announced that they were going back to the name they changed it from two years ago, that they did acknowledge how silly that may seem to a lot of folks. I actually felt so validated because I was hearkening back to just even a few years ago, when it was HBO Go, then it was HBO now then it was Max, or there was HBO Max and it was Max and now it's HBO Max. But I'm telling you, some of these apps all still exist on my phone or on my iPad whatever I haven't changed or updated, and it is confusing to me which one is the one that actually works and which?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's on you use your name in past for two years?
Speaker 3: No, but I still have these other apps.
Speaker 2: Well, now I got to go back to the eight Do you have to download a new app?
Speaker 4: Probably just changed the name. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Date I'm going to take. Bbogo was two thousand and eight. Okay, well for then they changed the HBO. Now in twenty fifteen, you have an app on your phone that hasn't been in existence since for ten years.
Speaker 2: I have one of those on there, and over the years I've gotten fresh, like, you know, like wait, which one is the one that it is?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: See, this supposed to be a fun favorite story. You're now you and I as worked up about this as I was about b Roads.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm going to get it all straight.
Speaker 2: I'm going to figure it out and hopefully HBO Max stays HBO Max.
Speaker 4: It's funny.
Speaker 1: I love it, and you know, I love the reasoning for it. We were watering down the HBO product by having Max have all this weird stuff next to Game of Thrones or next to White Lotus, and then right below that you can watch thousand pounds systems, but why.
Speaker 3: Can Netflix do it? In HBO? Max not or Max Nott.
Speaker 1: But to your point, we actually appreciate HBO and look to it for a very specific quality programming. It's like you, that's your laying HBO. You're a top tier fine dining.
Speaker 4: Netflix is a buffet.
Speaker 1: It's okay, stop trying.
Speaker 2: To be a Then wonder Hulu and Prime Video. It's so funny because we have certain shows we want watch, and then certain streaming services take up different seasons of it, and we're.
Speaker 3: Like, wait is that on pl Video? Here's that on Hulu?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 2: I think that one's on Netflix? And so it gets super.
Speaker 1: Roses is so worked up about this, she just whipped her arm across and threw all it was a coffee into our producers.
Speaker 2: It was Starbucks coffee, which made me think about the Starbucks employees who are protested.
Speaker 1: Is it hot?
Speaker 3: I know at this point it isn't, and.
Speaker 4: Andy, people have people have been sued.
Speaker 2: Sorry no, actually it's been sitting here for almost three hours, so it is not.
Speaker 1: Form with that first degree burn.
Speaker 3: Apologies, my apologies, Andy.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is intense between Pete Rose and HBO.
Speaker 3: Max who knew you were going to get this worked.
Speaker 1: Up on Friday though we had we had just too mini stories to talk about.
Speaker 3: We did.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take them an order.
Speaker 1: Of h least least I don't know, offensive to most offensive.
Speaker 3: Okay, no, I need.
Speaker 4: To flip that.
Speaker 1: I'll start with the one that's more difficult to talk about, and that's Mokey Robinson.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Look, and we're going to do a separate episode. At one point we talked about this, what do you do with the Legends? And you've loved their music and it's every way and it's been a party of life, and these types of heinous things comes up. He is absolutely denied all allegations against him, but to hear now it's not just a civil lawsuit, he's being criminally investigated for sexual assault.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think Look, we have seen plenty of lawsuits, civil lawsuits, and a lot of people roll their eyes or at least question the validity of this, because a lot of people will say, hey, you're going to go to a lawyer and get money versus going to the police and trying to seek any actual legal remedy where somebody could be punished criminally. You're not getting any personal gain for it. So when you start looking for money, that's when people start questioning the truth of some of these alleged victims. However, in this specific case, it was so there were four former workers who were housekeepers correct of Smokey Robinson and his wife, and they did stand up have a press count conference. They wore masks, so they are still technically anonymous, but I think they wanted to lend their voices and it just have people see that they are in fact real people. Okay, you can think what you want to think, but yes, when we hear that the LA District Attorney is now investigating Smokey Robinson at the age of eighty five for sexual assaults, that's when it rises to a whole other level and you do start to think. We actually were listening to some of his music when the news came out, just to kind of be reminded it how iconic, not that we needed to be reminded, but just how iconic his music was, how iconic his songs were. And it's just sad, it's just sad to and can you separate? We ask all the time, can you separate the art from the artist?
Speaker 1: And we talk about great artists over the years, there have been some I mean, look, people will have their opinions about r. Kelly, but he was at the top of the game. I mean, what do you do with artists like that? People still are Michael Jackson. How do you separate the art from the artists? How do you separate some bad deeds, like heinous criminal deeds from right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not even bad deals, it's actually heinous. I do think there's a scale there. I do think there is. Like people make mistakes, people commit crimes.
Speaker 2: You can forgive people for certain things because of what they were going through, what the circumstances may have been.
Speaker 3: But when it.
Speaker 2: Comes to repeated serial sexual assault allegations, that's on a whole other level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we got that, Yes, active investigation now going on, criminal investigation by the Sheriff's apartment out there.
Speaker 4: The other story that.
Speaker 1: You could not get enough of on Friday was the FBI. Former FBI Director James Comy is being investigated by the Justice Department for a picture he posted on Instagram.
Speaker 2: What the hell of seashells by the seashore?
Speaker 1: That's that simple. That is everything we just said is one hundred percent accurate.
Speaker 2: It's you know, I'm also thinking, what was he thinking. I know that he was trying to be cute and clever, and that does not always get you in.
Speaker 3: Trouble sometimes, especially when.
Speaker 2: You are a former FBI director who was fired by the current president and you then take a photo and post a photo of seashells that were arranged by whom. I don't know, but maybe he stumbled upon it, maybe he did it himself.
Speaker 3: We don't know.
Speaker 2: But it said eighty six forty seven.
Speaker 1: Okay, we get it the way you just thought. Okay, did he just come upon it? Is that possible? Probably not. So then I think, why is the former director of the FVAH out playing with seashells?
Speaker 2: There are a lot of questions, but so look, he is claiming that he meant, or at least he thought of it, as getting rid of forty seven. And there are signs and t shirts that are out there if you are someone who doesn't like or want President Trump in the office.
Speaker 3: He currently holds this is some eighty six get rid of forty seven.
Speaker 2: But anyone who knows, hey, let's just eighty six that or I have eighty six my plans. It's kind of talking about killing killing something, killing a place, killing something, And so yes, it was interpreted by many high ranking members of the Trump administration, including the Department of Homeland Security, the head of the FBI, all and jail. This was a direct threat against the life of President Trump. This was an intent to put a hit out on the president, is what they said.
Speaker 3: I believe.
Speaker 2: And yes, we even heard one of the officials say that they would like to see him behind bars for a photo he took of seashells.
Speaker 1: Well, look just for the environment we are in. And this is a president who survived an assassination attempt, more than one has been. And then the second guy, right, he didn't the other guy didn't get to him, but he was there and then was hoping to do harm. That's two counts as an assassination attempt. Dicky, given what we've seen, we just cannot do this. We cannot have this. He probably did not. I'm sure he didn't mean it in that vein, but I am sure now that he thinks about it, he shouldn't have.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, it is incredible. If we should, we could do a whole podcast on social media. It's amazing to me that people have not learned their lesson and you can take it down. But you saw Donald Trump Junior take a screenshot before he took it down, and it's now everywhere of the photo he put out saying he's trying to murder my father.
Speaker 4: Who I did not know. The former FBI director like to play with seashells. He's probably got a cool collection at his house.
Speaker 3: Maybe he makes sand castles too.
Speaker 4: I always bring come some back with me.
Speaker 1: So we should go find a beach day with James comy.
Speaker 2: Uh, okay, yeah, yeah, let's see if you can sit down and do that with microphone.
Speaker 4: Thank youself.
Speaker 1: This is okay. I keep saying the favorite story of the week. HBO Max certainly was a big one. I James Comedy was a favorite of yours. But this is the one, this final one here we're gonna give you.
Speaker 3: Is it my favorite one of the morning?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: It might be because it ultimately worked out in the woman's favor. Men have their hearts broken at a much deeper level. It hurts us more to the point of death, and we die from a broken heart twice at twice.
Speaker 4: The rate of women.
Speaker 1: Man, we just feel roades. That is actually the headline, folks, that's not a joke. And this is a study by the American Heart Association that found that people with broken heart syndrome is what we usually call it. You have somebody with a long time. We've seen these stories. The spouse dies and just literally months later and sometimes days later, you were describing the second spouse then dies. They dying with broken heart.
Speaker 2: But when you're talking about dying from emotional pain, that's women. It's physical pain that causes men to die.
Speaker 4: No, you are saying syndrome.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: Because heart syndrome.
Speaker 2: It was very specific when they did this study. This was a professional study done by American Heart Association, like medical professionals.
Speaker 3: But eighty five was it eighty five?
Speaker 2: Or is like eighty three percent of people who die from a broken heart it's women and it's an emotional reaction to something.
Speaker 1: Go back because all the numbers did I screw a little bit?
Speaker 4: Okay? No severely? What good thing?
Speaker 2: You have a man saying this, thank you for Can you man slain this for me?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Go ahead, try mister man.
Speaker 4: Try to keep up here. I was talking andy or that this would be easy.
Speaker 3: He would lowered voice.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, They had two hundred thousand people in the study. Okay, okay, so eighty three percent of those folks were women. So all the people who had broken heart syndrome, eighty three percent were women. So overwhelmingly you will end up with broken heart syndrome. However, of the women, only five percent died from broken heart syndrome. Of the men, eleven percent die of broken heart syndrome. So we die.
Speaker 3: A very important part of this study.
Speaker 4: Heart. You all do.
Speaker 2: And so when you say broken, when you stay broken heart.
Speaker 3: Let's be clear.
Speaker 2: This study definitely that when women did die, those five percent died of a broken heart or even it was from an emotional reaction to losing a loved one.
Speaker 3: Y'a.
Speaker 2: Also is from like having a heart surgery complications.
Speaker 3: It was just a physical issue with your heart. It was not that you were emotionally impacted.
Speaker 2: It was that you had a physical reason for having broken heart syndrome.
Speaker 3: It wasn't about a woman, It wasn't about a heartbreak.
Speaker 4: Let me be fair.
Speaker 1: Broken heart syndrome is it is actually a real medical condition in which it's character right. You might feel like you're having a heart attack, but your your jest gets tight, you get some shortness of breath that is broken heart syndrome that is brought on by something traumatic in somebody's life in one way or another. And to your point, I'm conceding that it's brought on for women usually because of something emotional. For men, it's usually something actually physically stressful, maybe a surgery, maybe a stroke. So the doctors say we are not as susceptible to it, so it takes something harsher to get us to.
Speaker 3: This surprises no one of most physical.
Speaker 4: Things are the ones other reasons that.
Speaker 2: We're We just care more and love harder.
Speaker 4: You think so.
Speaker 2: I think we emotionally interpret and hold onto things in a different way than you do. How we feel things more deeply and personally. And I think we take things on in a way that we almost blame ourselves, or we go into a kind of an emotional spiral a lot of times if there's some sort of traumatic loss, and I think we feel it in a way where it's it's so impactful that it causes our heart to break. I do think that you all are generally speaking, compartmentalize and aren't as in touch with your feelings. You just don't acknowledge them, and then your heart isn't impacted as much.
Speaker 1: Wow, so we have to acknowledge them. Maybe we're feeling it and society won't let us do that and.
Speaker 4: Still be men.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is, I think you need to be more in touch with your feelings.
Speaker 4: You think I'm in touch with my feelings.
Speaker 3: Sometimes but not always.
Speaker 4: What about right now?
Speaker 1: Are you reading my emotion?
Speaker 4: Are you reading? You get it?
Speaker 1: You see what's happening.
Speaker 3: It's playful, it's all fair.
Speaker 4: It is all right, folks.
Speaker 1: That was our weeks, our week, and yes, sometimes we have things much more we want to say. They won't get a chance to get into the Monday through Friday morning run. So this has been fun, and thank you all for listening.
Speaker 4: You all have been.
Speaker 1: We keep doing it because you all keep listening, so that feedback.
Speaker 4: Is very much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we hope you all have some Maybe you can have some fun conversations with your other half and yeah, we can just discuss how we feel about each other's hearts.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, hearts are breaking everywhere, but fellas be careful fulb We always appreciate you listening.
Speaker 2: I'm Tjing and I'm Abi Robok have a wonderful Saturday,