Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, welcome to Hold Up. It's a podcast that's a lot about nothing. I'm one of your hosts. I'm Josh Johnson. I'm a right for the Daily Show, and I'm joined by my co host Will face Long.
Speaker 1: What's up? What's up?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 1: What's up? What's up? Ladies?
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 1: Sprang both my ankles. But other than that, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Other than that, yeah, fire doing well.
Speaker 1: Just out here, just living. Doc. Shout out to City MD. Because the other urgent care I was going to I think what it was, probably trying to kill me. But they gave me these braces to put on my ankles, and my friend sent me. Then my homegirl, a homegirl who I consider a sister. You know what I mean. They call this bitch my sister on a regular basis. This human being. You ever seen Forrest Gump, Yeah, you know that part of the movie where he's running and his leg braces start breaking off. Be friends with comics. They said it'll be fun, they said, this heifer. Not only first she sent me the voice memo. First she sent me a voice memo, go and run for us.
Speaker 4: Run.
Speaker 1: So if you haven't seen my Instagram. This is what the leg braces look like. Okay, strapped up of iced out, you understand, double strapped. Okay. The blessing is every day I'm feeling a little bit better because I don't have a fracture nothing.
Speaker 3: I do know.
Speaker 1: I have a bone spur on my right foot. I don't know what the fuck that is, but apparently don't cause a problem. So other than that, I'm straight. How are you doing all your are your are your muscles and limbs working correctly?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I feel I feel all right. So today m hmm, this week's episode m this chapter in our friendship, this crossroads that we're at, yeah, is bananas versus plantains because you tried it, because I tried.
Speaker 1: Because you tried it, like a free sample at a cost coat on a Sunday, try dent.
Speaker 2: I like how I could feel. I could feel how you've been saved that up. I could I could feel like as you were doing you were too excited for the steps. You like the here and the here. I can feel you waiting. You wanted to say it the other day when I said this, and then you waited, and then you did it just.
Speaker 1: Now because This is where it's applical. But you understand, like when I tell somebody, don't play with me, sir, I'm not made by Nintendo or Parker Brothers. I did not come with a controller or dice. Do not play with me. You understand. You know what, We're not starting in the right place, because if this is anybody's first time listening to this podcast, it's coming real hard. You know, there feels like there's a lot of aggression. Honestly, is not the point. It's for the people to know. It's for the people to know sometimes to learn to educate. Okay, this is teachable.
Speaker 2: Moments, right teach you why plantains just don't have it.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm gonna let you start. I'm gonna let you start last episode I started because you always a last episode. I started with my vanilla and you are the one that attacked me about this banana plantain ship. So you.
Speaker 2: Counselor, not the faith.
Speaker 1: It's actually just a simple white you know. You counselor will start with your opening statement before I come before the Jewelrys and tell them how I feel like. Go ahead, talk about your little bananas.
Speaker 2: Call ahead, go ahead, my little bananas okay. First of all, bananas high empathizeiam, high and deliciousness, okay, can help you regulate your blood. Sugar can be life saving, all right. If somebody went into a bit of a sugar shock, all right, and you had a little piece of banana, you put that in your mouth and you make them chew it. You chomp, chomp, chomp their mouth for them. Boom, they wake up like an episode of Wishbone.
Speaker 1: Nah no, no, no, no, no, no, no, not an episode of Wishbone.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying bananas. They also, well they do. They stay cheap. Okay, they should be cheaper. They should actually be cheaper than they are right now. But that's the cartels business, and I'm not gonna get into it.
Speaker 1: A man, don't speak on nothing. That's none of your business.
Speaker 2: Yeah. All I'm saying is market price versus real price. They're very cheap and they should be cheaper. Also, your favorite treats, don't they have a banana flavor. I've never seen a plantain flavored candy.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, uh huh, you keep going, keep going. You know what I was gonna start. I'm gonna I'm taking notes, is what I'm doing. That's where I'm doing you banana flavored kit.
Speaker 2: You know, wow, Like just so people know, you know all the time that they'll say, I've been friends. She's never wanted to curse me out as much as she does right now, Like I could like the same way that I could feel her saving up that comeback. I can feel how much she wants to swear as she's going to get back because she knows what it will look like to the people. If she just starts cursing at me minute five about fruit, about fruit, so then it doesn't look like friends. If she just starts letting me have it with all the all the swear words in the Sailor's Handbook, admit at five or fruit. So I appreciate the restract, but I can also see the pullback.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: What else?
Speaker 1: What you got candy?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, candy flace. Also some of your favorite treats when it comes to the puddings, all right, A great banana pudding, Anila wafer pudding, Okay, a pie cream?
Speaker 5: What I mean?
Speaker 2: How many how many things? Bananas so versatile? How many things do you want me to list? Where do you want me to go? Where do you want me to stop. You're talking about the versatility. So the versatility, the versatility matters, it matters in the greatness. Okay, okay. Also the accessibility, it's very cheap. All right, they ripen. Well, we're not talking about avocados. We're not talking about something where I'm a cracking open and then just scream in my kitchen like I've lost my mind. Okay, we can watch the banana ripen.
Speaker 6: Also, I'll even put this out there, all right, I'll wrap up the opening argument with the fact that when people even see a plantain, a lot of the world, a lot of the world.
Speaker 2: In the grocery store is seeing their first plantain for the first time. They're like, damn, that banana's big. They don't even respect the fact that the plantain is a different thing. I've watched people buy a platain and this actually did that. Boy my friends what time. It was very funny. He bought a plantain, didn't know it. I'm like, I'm I'm not always a good friend, and so I let him eat it. So I so he break open the plantain and he like, Hugh, He's like, oh, this banana nasty.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And I was like, that's it's because it's not it's a it's a different thing.
Speaker 1: Ooh yeah, ooh, Josh Johnson, I didn't know that you had it in you.
Speaker 2: He also kept calling it a planting, even though I said plantain from the from the.
Speaker 1: People say planting. It runs through me. Also, it's people when people say salmon, Yeah, yeah, uh sword ooh.
Speaker 2: You'll you'll see a preacher say sword, and you kind of stop. Respective of its usually a preacher. Honestly, it's usually a preacher. And every time it happens, I hear sword and I'm like, you haven't finished that book. Don't do that.
Speaker 1: Then the book he means, is the Bible. Yeah, the sword of God will make me get up and leave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so what And mind you, I lived.
Speaker 1: In a place like I'm originally from Miami, right, so I grew up in Atlanta and Miami, and I remember hearing Scrawberry streeked, Ambulaps Library, m h and they were more acceptable to me than salmon.
Speaker 2: And sword.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's just something so offensive about it. I don't know if it's I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: So John a crest a salmon with a sword going through it, just on a strawberry, a strawberry handle.
Speaker 1: I can't just Oh, usually got this strawberry crest with a sword and a salmon. I hate Josh Johnson. Oh you just trying to this. So this is my NOOKI if you buck trophy, that's what you're trying to do to me.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna be a trophy. It's gonna be a jacket. Ah.
Speaker 1: I love it. Okay, So is this your closing statement.
Speaker 2: I'll wait till the very end to close, but I will end my opening.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Because of how I grew up and where I grew up. I do about plantains very early. Right now, some people only know about the plantain when they get it with some of the Jamaican food or Cuban food. You know, use like a cribbean food, right, only West Africa. Now, some people, now, let's go so you mentioned this sweet, let's go into the versatility. Okay. Now, a lot of places they just do the sweet and that's in Spanish they call it lutos. Right, and my mom made a lot like Cuban food, Caribbean food growing up, just because we're from Miami, and so we talk about the versatility. Bananas can only do sweet that's the only thing they can do, right. I don't know like you side like that. I don't know even roll your eyes like that, because you have you not had toast on this mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Bananas cannot mostly do.
Speaker 1: Not mostly not mostly did you got you got your what you say banana flavored candy, which we all know is nasty banana We know the banana flavored runt, disgusting.
Speaker 2: And slander man lies and slander excepted.
Speaker 1: Said flies first of all lies, lies, lies, banana now.
Speaker 3: Gross.
Speaker 1: You all know banana nahilators were discussed.
Speaker 2: The thing is this is this is this.
Speaker 1: Oh wait wait wait, I let you go on, go on. I let you make your open a statement. I let you make your open a statement.
Speaker 2: I'm with you. You were asking me a question. I thought I was answered, I engaged, did some conversation. But you're right, You're right, You're right. You all know, because I don't want to get too fucked over banana flavored go ahead candy disgusting.
Speaker 1: We all know when you get runts you would throw them bananas across the movie there gross gross, the banana dollen lator who wants a banana narenlator? Ain't nobody eating banana nuren laters. I think they might even discontinue the flavor. Tell me what other banana flavor candy is there other than the runt and the dollen lator. Who else out here making mamba? Is mamba making banana flavor candy?
Speaker 2: Yes, trash? Who else? You didn't even know until I said, I believe Starburst.
Speaker 1: Starburs ain't got banana flavor.
Speaker 2: Nothing Starburst had. The yellow is banana, the yellow is lying, it's lemon. The yellows lemon.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Wow.
Speaker 1: You're telling me your knowledge of a Starburst is so limited that you did not know that the yellow Starburst was leomon. Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, there's banana flavored ice cream?
Speaker 1: Who was eating that?
Speaker 2: There's banana flavored laughing taffing.
Speaker 1: So when you're talking about banana candies, you're really out here talking about the things that are thrown away the most often. Yeah, versatility. Now, like I said, show me a situation, because even banana chips are sweet, So show me a situation where the banana is used in a non sweet situation.
Speaker 2: The dehydrated banana chips are not.
Speaker 1: Sweet because they're not sweetened, but they're still sweet.
Speaker 2: I mean banana can't help the sugar that it comes with.
Speaker 1: Okay, there we go. Banana can only do what banana can do, and banana's giving you one note.
Speaker 2: Banana said, no, no, banana can blame them for the sugar that it has.
Speaker 1: I'm not blaming them for the sugar that it has. What I'm saying is because of the sugar that it has, it's only giving you one note. Right, No, no, no, no, no, Banana can only give you sweet, less sweet or a lot of sweet, right, because you know when a banana turned brown, it basically just condenses down into nothing. Right, So let's talk about the versatilities.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh my god, I really don't like it. I'm with your enjoy this.
Speaker 1: You are talking to someone who does not fuck with bananas, has not really fucked with banana since I was a child, never been a fan. My mom would baya and my brother would eat them, okay, and every time I couldn't finish one. Because now you're plantain, you're blot on. Let me tell you about the plantain. Okay, let me tell you what the plantain is doing in these streets, on these islands, from continent to continent, from seed to shining seed. All right there talking about versatility your plantain, because you know, when the banana's green, you can't eat it, right, You have to wait till it's yellow. You gotta wait for it to get little little spots on it, little speckles, little little freckles, you know, little pigmentation, little melanin coming up in your fruit before you can eat it, before it gets too stuff. Your plantain can be eaten at all of these stages. You can need a plantain when it's green. You need a plantain when it's yellow. You can need a plantain when it is brown and black as shit. In fact, you can get multiple things. So this is the thing. You can turn green plant teams you've got tossed on it right, fried, you've got my fungo. Right, you take it your soak a little salt, smash it, boom, fry it. You take a plantain green, you cut it up, you soak it in a little salt water, or you don't have to, you know, it depends on what you're doing with your heart. Then press it down, put it in some oil. Boom, you can boil it up, use it a thick in the stew. Also, you can dry it, turn it in the flour. When I do the Daniel fast every year, I can't use wheat flour. I got plantain flour in here, making pancakes, making muskins, all right out here doing the work. Then you know, like you can put it into a stew, thicking the stew up. Okay, you do my fungo. You mix it up with some meat, put it on the plate. Next with some rice. Dam you're doing that. Put in soows, put it in soups. Okay, with a little yuk or krassavo. You got some more plantains. Keep living it. Get dirt, keep living the get dirt. Put them in a plastic bag. Forget about them. Forget about them. Lift that skin. Look like it's had a long vacation at the beach. I'm talking about black. I'm talking about my tumbo. You take it out of there, bam, and now it's delicious and sweet. Fry that up and now you've got my doodles or sweet plateins. So you see what I'm saying. If I got a couple of different plantains, okay, I can make an appetizer, a main course and a dessert from one fucking fruit. I'm out here doing iron chefing, this bitch with one ingredient, giving you everything that you need. Okay, I've given you savory, I've given you sweet. Also, when you want to bring up potassium, plantain has just as much potassium as a fucking banana. We want to talk about vitamins and minerals.
Speaker 2: It seems like no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: It seems like I gave you everything. Oh, he's talk about how it ripens. Plantain's ripen the same way banana ripers. Because that's what When a banana is too ripe, he gets super super mushy, and you can't do shit with it. Either make banana bread or give it over to somebody with no teeth. Okay, that's what you can do with the overripe banana. Over ripe broon tin fry that bitch up, fried up, and you have a delicious treat. Okay. So I had everything you was talking about, Yet everything was talk about because can you do not? Can you deny that the banana cannot do savory and sweet but the plantain can.
Speaker 2: What I'll tell you. What I'll tell you is that the banana I don't see it doing savory. I also barely see the plantain doing sweet.
Speaker 1: Okay, you got everybody fucked up. Everybody knows you lit that skin on that plantain get dark and you just let it be itself. Banana gotta hop into candies and splits. Okay, all this other shit now, No, there may not be a plantain pudding that we know about, but there's a lot of products in the world. I don't know if people out here making sweet plantain putting. I don't know, because think about how wild a banana pudding could be. Also, I'm surprised the Southerner hasn't thought of as yet, like taking the like a banana and the banana pudding and like frying them up a bit and then putting them into pudding. You don't have to watre the bananas and banana putting just get mushy and gross.
Speaker 2: Yeah, them just looking.
Speaker 1: At your cousin, they get disgusted you out looking about your cousin.
Speaker 2: I guess my thing is just And look, I'm not saying that it is going to always be disgusting. I just the sweet plantains that I've had have been fine. It may just not be for me. I respect that people like it. I like that people like it I love when people like different things. But for me, plantain can do savory, it's not really doing sweet, not at the level of banana.
Speaker 1: Because the banana can only do one That's what I'm saying. The banana only has one gear. It doesn't have the option to do anything else. If you make banana chips, banana chips gonna be sweet or more sweet. Right, It's not versatile. It's just not. It could be something you eat in your hand or something that you see. One of my favorite thing to see in a grown man try try to eat a banana.
Speaker 5: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Cries Listen.
Speaker 1: You know he really just wants to bite into it.
Speaker 2: Here is it?
Speaker 1: A man going to eat a banana and he goes to bite into it, and then he looks around it sees that people could see him eating his banana. So now he has to break it off into pieces and put it in his mouth like he's eating chicken nuggets because he's not bold enough to just bite into a fucking banana.
Speaker 2: I think you need to start hanging around different men.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, this isn't a man that I knew.
Speaker 2: You'm just saying. I don't. I wouldn't even want to be on the same block as somebody who's like, oh no, let me break this off because I don't want to body thinking that.
Speaker 1: Listen, you've never heard a niggas say pause before he ate a banana?
Speaker 2: Not in person?
Speaker 1: No, bro, it is the wildest thing. Sometimes I feel bad for men like you just want to eat this thing sideways. Like, what's happening, bro, It's very high.
Speaker 2: Eating the banana sideways. That's that's insane.
Speaker 1: So when we were talking about these.
Speaker 2: Phallic fruits, do you think then that if it was put to the people, which we will do at the end of the episode, do you think that, as far as fruits go, bananas are more popular than plantains.
Speaker 1: I think it's because of the country.
Speaker 3: We live in.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm saying in the world, though, do you think that because because you're telling me things about plantains that I didn't know the dishes. I didn't know all the dishes you were asking me. Have I had certain dishes that haven't happened. Yeah, So I'm asking if you factored in the whole world, not just the US, and you put the two fruits up against each other, which one do you think would be more popular?
Speaker 1: I think the plantain would be more popular because of the versatility of the plantain. Plantain chips and some qualk.
Speaker 2: Oh listen, see plantain chips don't do it for me. Like, yeah, there's just something.
Speaker 1: That I've had some bad ones. I've had some bad ones.
Speaker 2: I can tell you that, Yeah, crumble three times. Huh, I've only ever had it three times.
Speaker 1: I can tell you if you want to try a good plantain ship, go to inpan out of Mama. They got a high quality plant chain ship and that you know over at that joint in that organization. This is something that a ali growing up. So I think it also is like your proximity to it, how often you had it as a child. It's just something you don't like. I don't genuinely I don't like the flavor of a banana. I'm like the texture of a banana. So I think I like a plantain because the the flavor is more because like I feel like bananas are an overpowering flavor. Sometimes you know, they're like, oh, we've got to we have to have like these you know, the smoothie somebody, Uh it's one of the smoothie places, and like, oh, we use the banana as a base. And I'm like, bitch, you cannot put enough fruit in this thing for me to taste all the banana you done put in this bitch.
Speaker 2: Look, you keep coming at and disrespecting the superior flavor.
Speaker 1: It's not superior, and it's anything that it takes over other shit. You see what I'm saying. If you're telling me that I'm gonna get a pineapple mango smoothie, don't give me a banana smoothie with a suggestion. Don't give me a don't drop into my mind, oh bad, Don't give me a whisper of mango an aftras of pineapple.
Speaker 2: Give me the fruit.
Speaker 1: Now, it's bananas overpowering, it takes over. That's why when I make my smoothie is my nutrition has told me to freeze the bananas, not not to change the texture of it, but to subdue the flavor of the bananas so it does not overtake my smoothie experience.
Speaker 2: Help me out, then, why is it banana's fault that the rest of these fruits are on struggle?
Speaker 1: Hold on? Now, you know a mango and a pineapple come out here kicking and scream. Okay, don't act like that a pineapple get giving you coladas?
Speaker 2: They're giving They're giving overpowered, aren't they? Aren't they getting overpowered easily?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Now why is that happening?
Speaker 1: You know what? I will attract this statement your honor only because you know, when you eat something and there's something you don't like in it, the first thing you taste is the thing you don't like.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's what's happened. Maybe, so I will have of attract my previous statement. But what I will say. What I will say is that the planting gives you a lot of flavors. It gives you a lot of options. It gives you a lot of things that you can do that the banana does not.
Speaker 2: It does give you a lot of meal options that the banana does not. I I'm not even disputing. I'm just saying, if we're talking about greatness, all right.
Speaker 1: God, greatness? You think that a fruit you unzip is greater than this other fruit that you unzip? Come on, all you've given me is nasty?
Speaker 2: Can you? I've given you peak flavors.
Speaker 1: Banana laffie taffy should be burned in a trash fire.
Speaker 2: Anybody, this is the other thing this is my nana Laie.
Speaker 1: Taffy shouldn't even donated to the needy.
Speaker 2: That's stop.
Speaker 1: Stop if you're giving out banana candy at Halloween all the tops.
Speaker 2: When you're saying you put a.
Speaker 1: Razor blade in my apple, I t I would take a razor blade in an apple before I took a packet of banana.
Speaker 2: Affritat How and dare.
Speaker 1: I think you wanted to say, how very dare you?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: Look my thing listen, you're think.
Speaker 5: Gonna be wrong?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no. My thing is you can take a banana to the head off the rip when you one zip. All right, plantain has to be manipulated. It has to be heated, it has to be dried. It has to be cool. That has to be mushed. It has to be all these things because on its own baseline, straight out the earth, the way that the lure gave it to us. All right, but it's not edibles. You're not just biting into a plantain, So as you get a hold of one, that's not what's happening.
Speaker 1: But you can't eat a green anything unless it's apple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm saying, even when the plantain is ripe and ready it's ready to still get worked on. It's still like what your fruit does is a relay race. What my fruit does is a sprint. Just throwing it out there, just saying, if you want a banana, eat immediately in the.
Speaker 1: Same In the same way that you can eat a banana raw, okay, once it's ripe and zip it, eat it, you can eat a plantain like that. Most people are dumb.
Speaker 2: Should you can't? I know what I'm saying. You can, But should you just because you can do something that means you should do something? Is that what you do? Are you out here just taking plantains as soon as you see them, ripping them open, biting them down. That's not what you do.
Speaker 1: We all know that you got to let a plantain get ripe.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, even when it's ripe, right, are you just biting into it or in the dis.
Speaker 1: There are other people that eat it another way. I don't eat sashimi, but there are other people out here eating fish fresh after are just hand in ocean. I'm not that person, doc.
Speaker 2: So why do they are when they bite into it?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: That's a great question.
Speaker 2: You said it three times and I let it slide.
Speaker 1: That is an amazing question, Brick.
Speaker 2: I would love if the first time you watch someone eat sashimi they just to themselves quietly. When are are.
Speaker 1: When you imitate somebody eating, does it make noise?
Speaker 2: Depends. There's some people. If I'm talking about how they were eating, I just make the face of how they were eating. But if I'm talking about like, okay, so this is to digress, this is very funny to me. This is like, this is like peak funny to me. Okay, So my uncle, where he would be eat and stuff, he would.
Speaker 1: Sil This is the same uncle that opened his foot with a microwave to take soup out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Got it. If you are not aware of Josh Johnson's comedy, he tells a joke about his uncle burning his foot with soup. Yeah, because he had a microwave on the floor, which is one of the most uncle things you can do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's done that with life together counter and he does have a counter, that's why it's on the floor.
Speaker 1: But he literally could have just used the box that the microwave came in. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: He has options. He chooses to live like this.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. So yeah, his uncle uses his foot. But the thing is, it's like, but so he used the foot to take the bowl out the micro because he could have just been over.
Speaker 2: This is why men can't be So then whenever he's eating something he really loves, like loves, loves, loves, so the bobbler's heart like a little kid loves. He can't eat something good without humping sod so. But it's not a musical hum. It's a creepy hump. So then he'll bite it like and it's consistent, like a dying car from a distance. Yep, it's not a hume like. It's none of those. It's just him biting and just and if you break it up, he will act like he doesn't hear it.
Speaker 1: I do know. I was in college that the first time I saw a grown man do that. This guy was like working with the theater. He was like in one of our shows, were like a grown adult man. He had ice cream and he had a song in his heart. Jack yet been everything. He had a whole little It wasn't a song or something, but he was. And I was like, what's what's going on? And She's like, oh what, I eat things that I like. I like to hum about it. I was like, Okay, live your life.
Speaker 5: Friend.
Speaker 2: Did you see the thing on Instagram where that bride? They were filled with that bride and she was enjoying her wedding bell and so she was like this and she was chewing and then she saw the camera.
Speaker 1: She was like, I think I saw her. She's like, hey, yeah, listen, it's your wedding day and your food is good. Bitch turned up like, ah, listen, if I get a wedding day, if the Lord provides, I'm acting fool on my wedding day, jack ibody, have a slipping slide of this, bitch. I don't know. I don't know what could happen. All right, this is gonna end up accidentally being a wedding the last two days. Who knows. We're gonna be eating, We're gonna be drinking. The DJ gonna be lit. There will not be a band because I hate bands at weddings. M hm oh. There's nothing more annoying than a fucking band and the wedding.
Speaker 2: What's the what's the difference to the do that DJ? Don't? If the band is good, what's no.
Speaker 1: Because the band is limited in what they can play.
Speaker 2: But if you have a list.
Speaker 1: The band cannot play swag surf and can they?
Speaker 2: We don't know that. Don't bring the right instruments. Josh bring the swag, Joshua, bring the surfboard.
Speaker 1: Joshua, Elizabeth Johnson. If you believe Joshua Elizabeth Johnson, I will not be treated this way, you fucking dare unless this is a band that can play. I gotta have a black band. I have a black not like a wedding band, just like a black band, a band at a black wedding. Here can a band play the wobble? I don't want to do this with you. I don't want to do this with you. You, Bobby can't even electric slide, Ah Elizabeth, I can't. I can't.
Speaker 2: So you're just gonna go ahead and attack me off properly, properly care electric slide. So I guess my thing.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 2: That bananas are still cheaper than plantains.
Speaker 1: Well, plantains aren't sold by the bunch.
Speaker 2: But doesn't that make them much more expensive by not selling them by the bunch?
Speaker 1: I don't know what's the unit price versus by the pound.
Speaker 2: The last time I checked, bananas were twenty nine cents a pound, and organic bananas were forty nine cents a pound. Okay, and so what are plantains usually going for?
Speaker 1: The plantain is cheaper? Got anything else, Elizabeth?
Speaker 2: You guys are gonna read they be out this podcast.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, you try. I'll say this. I have been amazed at how hard you have worked to present your banana argument. I mean you even wore a banana yellow hoodie.
Speaker 3: Mh.
Speaker 2: I came through fully because.
Speaker 1: You were worried I was gonna say something about this hoodie.
Speaker 3: I'm not scared of you.
Speaker 1: Good because people act like that. I'm not a nice lady, Josh. So listen, we're gonna kick this over to you, the listeners, because Josh has really just dedicated himself to just losing.
Speaker 4: What the delay on that was beautiful?
Speaker 2: Bananas are great if you agree, let us know.
Speaker 1: All right, Plantains are amazing and versatile. If you want to be right.
Speaker 2: Don't let duels say trash our beloved flavor. Okay, what beloved, our beloved fruit, our potassium, Our beloved plantains have.
Speaker 1: All the viightamins in minerals. I looked it up.
Speaker 2: Now when you cook them out, now, when you cook them out, all right, I can take that banana raw. All right, you can eat a plantain raw. Both people don't though you can? But should you?
Speaker 1: You know what we're gonna see.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, if bunch of sand in my mouth, I bite right into a raw plantad.
Speaker 1: You have decided to live like a seventy really? Yes me, yes, it's surprising. I thought you're a nice sophisticated man.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, for your banana propaganda. All right, banana propaganda.
Speaker 1: You know, you know, We're just gonna hold on. Do people like bananas? I'm just gonna ask. I'm just gonna ask this internet.
Speaker 2: How about? I asked the internet if people know what plant aids are?
Speaker 1: I googled this. People also ask what percentage of the population like? Is bananas? Right? Why do people like bananas so much? Why are bananas gross?
Speaker 5: Why do not?
Speaker 1: The first thing is on the urban List twenty eight things only people who hate But understand now, mind you, I don't like bananas. I'll eat banana nut bread because the bread has found a way to really to finally subdue the banana and put it in its place where it can help be a part of the flavor profile and not dominate it like a bully.
Speaker 2: So once again, we're gonna kick it over to you, the listener. Let us know how you feel about plantains, how you feel about bananas, how you feel about them versus each other? Maybe you love both? Does one edge it out over the other? And look, maybe maybe you love the thing or you hate the thing more than our argument could take into account. All right, Yes, I understand. I really do get it if you love plantains so much that my immaculate argument fell on deaf ears. I understand that, right. I even get how maybe you could have been swayed by some of the lies and propaganda that my co host throughout at bananas. All right, But I hope that you'll let us know how you feel. I hope you'll hit us up. Tell us how you're enjoying the show. Tell us if there's anything else that you want us to talk about versus anything else you wants to talk about. What's on us?
Speaker 1: Why Josh Johnson's living in a fool's paradise? Johnson is out here.
Speaker 2: In the clouds, all right, okay, sean honor.
Speaker 1: Josh Johnson has not only defamed me, slandered me. This is this is on record. This is all whack. So I think it's libel talking about eyes, spreading lies and propaganda knowing good damn well in his American Christian mind. Okay, he has been coming from my neck the whole time out. This ain't how we usually talk, This ain't how we usually get down. But Josh Johnson, it started to take things with personal Jesus.
Speaker 2: Okay, pray for me right now.
Speaker 1: I don't think anybody's ever said, don't you dare pray for me? I'm making my closing argument. Shut up, boy, So.
Speaker 2: I knew what you were doing. I knew this prayer was since here you were praying around me. You were praying.
Speaker 1: Originally it was my closing statement, but then the Lord fell up, the spirit of the Lord fell upon my heart. And since my ankles are messed up and I cannot dance like David danced. I know there are people on this listen to this podcast, were like, man, I know they're Christian, but why they gotta keep talking about it?
Speaker 2: Oh wait, they need me and rewrite, so I'm gonna run. They just text faith here.
Speaker 1: Okay, So thank you so much for listening to hold up with me doing say Sloan and Josh Johnson. Josh has some shows coming up. Please look on his website at his Instagram. He literally just ran out of the room. Thank you for listening to hold up and just remember Josh is always wrong.
Speaker 5: Bye bye, everybody.
Speaker 7: Go explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 2: Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven.
Speaker 7: Ten Central on Comedy Central and streamful episodes anytime on Fairmount Plus.
Speaker 1: This has been a Comedy Central podcast