Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. It's the final hour on this Monday and the final hour of my career. Elvis is in the building.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, it sounded like a good idea earlier this morning. I have my Elvis costume on. Bob and Montana. Came all the way from Montana. He has three Elvis costumes here, and he's very serious about this.
Speaker 3: He loves Elvis.
Speaker 2: He's been to Graceland fifteen times, and he said he was going to bring an Elvis costume outfit. I should say it's not a costume. I mean, this is lifestyle here. And I was thinking of getting remarried again at the Elvis Chapel and I did that many years ago. I got remarried there. You know my wife, of course, not another woman. But I was going to wear this into the Elvis Chapel and maybe get re remarried while I'm here Vegas. But Bob, thank you for doing this to me. And it's a little snug. As I mentioned to the audience, I don't want little Elvis to uh ah make an appearance here.
Speaker 4: You don't want him to leave the building.
Speaker 2: No, I.
Speaker 3: Yes, Paul, just to set the scene.
Speaker 5: You're wearing a classic mid seventies Elvis sequined bedazzled jumpsuit. Yeah, with the big pop collar and the huge row like the cape out the back of cape. Yep, the shoulders are popping. I would never not wear that if I were you. I mean, I would wear that, so you bore the plane.
Speaker 2: I may wear that tonight when we go out karaoke karaoke, Oh yeah, I could do in the ghetto. Isn't a while that he wore that and his mama crame often, I know, and he thought this looked great too.
Speaker 6: Women.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I don't think it mattered what he wore for the women.
Speaker 2: Like there's certain you know, actors, musicians where you know they're like fine. I mean, did you see the things that Mick Jagger used to wear. David Bowie, they were fine with that With me. Yeah, I think this pretty much is going to set the scene. Whenever I walk in, all of a sudden, my voice gets a little lower. Yeah, there's a vibe going on here at the Fountain Blue Hotel. Yeah. Seaton Elvis wore a white jumpsuit nineteen seventy two Madison Square Garden. Yeah, do you want to know how much it's sold for.
Speaker 7: I sold at auction.
Speaker 2: It's sold at auction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, half a million dollars.
Speaker 2: It's what please? Is that per leg or? Oh it's white, a white islet jumpsuit.
Speaker 3: Is it just like this one?
Speaker 2: It's it's very similar to okaye, yeah, yeah, for one million, twelve.
Speaker 7: Five hundred uh bargain.
Speaker 8: I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty sweet. You don't put that on though when you get it.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think you know. You put it in a glass enclosure.
Speaker 2: You do, right, you put it on a mannequin? Yeah, put it in a glass enclosure. Yeah, yeah, you can't do that right in the floor. Yeah. By the way, we want to thank the great folks at Fountain Blue. It's a sixty seven stories high, the tallest occupiable building in Nevada, and three six hundred and forty four rooms and suites here, So thank you for hosting us this and hell highly it is gorgeous. We're a pool side here and we will be here all week long, and thank you for all the hospitality there. All right, coming up, our good buddy Ross Tucker will stop buying and it is media night tonight. The Commissioner is also talking. Now most of the reporters aren't in on Monday, so I'm looking at what is the strategy here by the commissioner Because normally it's Friday when the commissioner meets with everybody, they get to, you know, interrogate him, ask tough questions. So you've done it on a Monday, which I find interesting. Yeah, Paul, did you see.
Speaker 5: What else is happening with the commissioner State of the Union, State of League address.
Speaker 7: It's invite only for the media.
Speaker 5: It used to be a true press conference where if you had a credential for the week, you could just I've walked into them.
Speaker 7: We can just casually walk in.
Speaker 3: It's huge. I didn't get an invitation.
Speaker 5: There's people we know who are big time medium versus Florio who and others.
Speaker 3: Who did Floria is not getting get invited.
Speaker 5: But back in the day it wasn't you know, it's a when it's a when it's invitation only, it's an infomercial.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's Prescotte.
Speaker 2: The reason why he's doing this also media night tonight, Uh, is that at the stadium.
Speaker 5: Yes, Allegiance Alesia Field and fans are gonna be lots of space for fans.
Speaker 7: It's a fan event.
Speaker 3: Well, who's going to be there besides the fans.
Speaker 7: All the players. It's a it's a traditional media night.
Speaker 2: Everybody's there because normally it was Tuesday night was media night.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they bumped it up. They're calling it opening.
Speaker 2: Night, Opening night, Okay, opening night where you get to a sale to your favorite players. Age seven to seven three DP show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show Joe Ellenbid. Turns out he does have knee issues here. I think that when he missed the Denver game miss Portland, there were media members who said, you know, was this load management there? It turns out that he does have knee issues. But you know what, anybody who has a problem with the media calling out these players, the players can blame the players because they created this doubt. Lebron and ad went to Boston when the Lakers won. I don't know if you know they were hurt. I mean there's always an injury or two. You're not feeling well, you're sitting on the bench there. That's why we question it. We don't want to. I don't want to question Joell Ebid's toughness. But if you we want to see the injury. I think that's really what we want to see. And maybe it's not fair to him, and you know that he does have any issues. He's had a lot of injury issues in his career and won't be up for the MVP because he won't have the pre number a predetermined number of games there at sixty five.
Speaker 7: Yes, Paul, and isn't I mean, this is an obvious thing.
Speaker 5: But like the players who are hurt, they're taking the heat for the guys who.
Speaker 7: Weren't hurt and set for years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, and Beid might be hurt, but the fact that we have to sit here and go was he hurt or is he being smart? He probably really is. But it's almost like, if you're an NBA fan or a casual, you have to see the guy go down then miss two games to believe that he really is injured.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he had missed playing against the Joker in Denver three consecutive years. Whenever Philadelphia went to Denver in three previous years, he didn't play against the Joker, So he misses this time around. We just assume that he's avoiding the Joker on his home turf. But Joker played against himbiide in Philadelphia. I think the last four years each time, yes, Mark.
Speaker 9: And that's the reason why the NFL is top dog because no one's missing a game for quote unquote, you know, load management. And also it's only seventeen of those games, yeah, eighty two. They're like, oh, I'll take five games off a year, but the.
Speaker 2: Beating that they take, you would think that somebody might take a game off because they need to take a game off. In the NFL, every game is just so critical. I know, I know, I agree, Paulie. We got to everybody but you best and worst of the weekend.
Speaker 5: Best of the weekend, Thanks Riti. But I was going to say the Caitlin Clark situation. It's been fun personally for me is a of a girl, A couple of girls. My daughter Molly, who's twelve, called and said, hey, Dad, you want to watch the Maryland Iowa game. That was pretty cool when you're out here with them. But the phenomenon is really wild. Fox National Fox dedicated primetime space to Iowa Maryland game. Is really this phenomenon. I don't know how long it's going to go on, but it's been really fun to watch. I would say the other tensative best of the weekend, the Rock announcing that the UFL is coming March thirtieth. You know me, I've always been a fan of spring football. Every time there's a spring football league, I hold my breath. The AAF, the AA whatever, all those leagues. I hope this one sticks and has some traction and partners with the NFL.
Speaker 2: Well, they're going to look at it as a developmental league. They're going to try new things. They're going to try cameras, they're going to try a variety of things. They're gonna maybe even the NFL might adopt the kickoff that either it was the XFL, where the team kicking off will be moving up, so there won't be a lot of run up to tackles. Buddy, the kicker will be back at the thirty five, but you'll have the players all the way at the other end of the field, so they'll be five yards away from the front line of those returning the kick, and therefore you don't have these run ups where these they are these big collisions there. So they're going to use it as a developmental league. You'll have players that you'll probably you know, if all the NFL teams can have a team or they can maybe a partner with the team and you have players that you're sharing off a roster.
Speaker 3: But I think that's the way I view this.
Speaker 2: It should work because two leagues weren't going to work, and even one was, you know, probably in doubt. But I think that they're at least doing what they need to do to make it work, make it viable. In Spring league, you can take you know, you can help your partners there. You got football people always looking at football as long as it's not gimmicky. And I think, you know, when Vince McMahon tried to give us the XFL and it was gimmicky, and then we don't want gimmicky. We want to make sure it's real football that we're watching. But I think the Rock being there, as powerful as he is, they're going to have, you know, quality football, at least the best that you know they can put out on the field, given who they have. And that's another thing. Does the audience buy into it? And that'll be really important. And are you going to get good players there that you might be able to follow or are they going to develop players that then you watch them go up You know to the NFL.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Poem, I'm really curious.
Speaker 5: And you were talking about your idea about making it a feeder league and what you said that years ago. If somehow like you could see the players go right from whatever, the BattleHawks to the Kansadity Chiefs and you see them float up there, and I don't I don't know how that's going to work, Like are you going to share a team territorial rights? I don't know, but that that will be the cool part if players go back and forth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, I mean I'm interested.
Speaker 2: I didn't watch much of the spring football anyway, but except for the quarterback play because I was always curious, if you know PJ. Walker is going to go up to the NFL, which he did, When you have those players and sometimes you'll your game and you go, oh okay, I remember him from Florida, And I think that helps that there's some kind of familiarity. You watch the G League, as I sometimes do in my downtime when I'm down, that's my downtime.
Speaker 8: Way.
Speaker 3: I'm a loser, and I'm going I'm going to watch the G League.
Speaker 4: I wasn't gonna say that out loud.
Speaker 2: I'm going to watch the Ignite play. You don't know who a lot of these players are unless you follow high school basketball, but you do get to see some of these players go up to the NBA.
Speaker 3: Yes, Marvin, I'm gonna lose it right with you. Yeah?
Speaker 9: Oh well in life, in gentlemen, you're not a loser I am, But I'm like, oh, man, Ignite, I remember that guy. But I was saying, to Paula's point, should you just have anybody that's on the practice squad for maybe like the Chiefs or any other NFL team, just go to the battle Hawks or the Sea Monkeys.
Speaker 2: Or the Sea Monks. Maybe a Tony can find a team he still can't. Yeah, but he's still on the Super Bowl roster, isn't he?
Speaker 3: With the Chiefs.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't show up. There's no way.
Speaker 2: How do you have a rent like that on social media? And then all of a sudden show up and everybody go, hey, hey, how you doing? Where you been? What did you mean by all of those those swear words that you had? Who were you talking to? Kan City Chiefs? And then they said he wasn't hurt, And then Andy Reid said, yeah, you're hurt with Paris in their sits. Olympic hopefuls take the stage in New York City the world's premiere indoor track and field event, The Millrose Games, next Sunday at one eastern on NBC and Peacock Gus in LA joining us Gus. Good morning, best and worst of the weekend.
Speaker 8: Good morning, mister Patrick, hope you and the boys out of state flight and hey real quickly, Hey, I'll give one hundred dollars to anybody that can get Fritzy to a strip club in that jacket. That is awesome. Ritsy, you're already still in the show, baby, love you. Best of the weekend. One quick one. I'm in kind of like a crappy move because we're getting hit by like the worst rainstorm in LA's history right now. About the whitewater wrap my way down to work now whilst for boulevard. So one good thing, Juju Watkins, I mean fifty one points, my god, most in USC history. I mean, think about Cheryl Miller played there, you got Thompson played there, and Juju Watkins dropped fifty one points. An incredible show. It was awesome to see. As always, you boys have one hell of a super Bowl week. You boys, take care out there.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Gus.
Speaker 2: I think we're getting your weather from Los Angeles here Las Vegas. Aaron and Fort Wayne, Hey aeron what's on your mind? Best and worst of the weekend?
Speaker 10: Hey Dan, thanks for taking my call. My best of the weekend was the first half of the Hoosier game against Penn State. And my worst of the weekend was the second half of that hooser game against Penn State. I think it's things to say NBA coaches struggle in college is a little bit. And I have a part of the face bet for somebody who want to take it.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Aaron and Fort Wayne, Pie to the face bet.
Speaker 10: Somebody dipped their toe and whether or not Taylor Swift was going to be dating somebody else. I bet that she will be dating another NFL player one year from today.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, well.
Speaker 7: I'll take that. I believe in love.
Speaker 4: I'm taking that to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, so you got to.
Speaker 10: You don't take it. You're negative about the relationship.
Speaker 2: You know, we love love, so you are negative about the relationship? Erin alright, maybe, but are you married?
Speaker 10: I am married?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right. I just want to make sure that you love love and so you do love love.
Speaker 3: Dude, don't you?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, does your wife love you? I would say fifty Oh, yeah, of course you are. I got another pie in the face about you in a year? Yes, well, will Aaron be married in a year? No, I'm rooting for Aaron. I am, yes, Martin.
Speaker 9: But you didn't ask the important question. There's your wife like you. A lot of people like, oh, I love my husband.
Speaker 4: I am asking that. Do you like a couple? Excuse me? You like your husband? Say, look at that, that's love. Yeah, I'm pointing out to an audience.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you, Yeah, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You gotta love love because you fall in love. You stay married because you like each other. Did you want to tell Todd that you love him?
Speaker 3: You're not sure if you like him?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 6: They were made a sure about it.
Speaker 3: Yes, but yeah we did.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Valentine's days like nine days from now, so people get together figure it out love, Like, what's going on?
Speaker 2: I know? And then my wife said, why would you say something mean like that? I said, hun, it's honest. I love Todd like seventy of the show. Yeah, I mean things like you know, I mean it's love.
Speaker 7: It's tough love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody's tuning in if we just say nice things about each other, right ton true.
Speaker 6: But knowing how sensitive I am, I you know, I kind of want to love and the like if possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not getting it. Now, you're not getting And by the way, how was your direct flight from Hardford to.
Speaker 12: Jackson's Actually quite lovely. I was sitting in three C and I got bumped up a little bit. Usually I'm sitting in thirty eight K somewhere in the back, and it went very nicely. I went from Bradley to Jacksonville as crazy as it isn't from Jacksonville to Vegas, and I slept a little bit.
Speaker 6: They had snacks. I had like some kind of trail mix. They gave me a can of cran apple and.
Speaker 12: Peanut M and m's that I was fine. Next thing I know, I could see the strip from the from the window of the plane.
Speaker 7: Eight hours of forty five minutes later, as a right end really wasn't.
Speaker 3: Did you did you get off the plane in Jacksonville?
Speaker 1: I did not.
Speaker 12: Everyone got off the pot except for me in this strained odd looking couples, which made me feel like maybe I made the right the wrong choice choosing this itinerary because there was like about one hundred people on the plane, and everyone got off as you would going from Connecticut to Jacksonville.
Speaker 6: But me and just two other people were the ones that then continued on.
Speaker 2: So they were stupid too, and they booked, they booked the flight to Jacksonville.
Speaker 12: Then too, I realized once I saw the only other two people that didn't get off the plane and stayed on to Vegas, and they had something odd looking at you.
Speaker 2: You what they may have said, But you're the only guy I know who took a directly indirect flight to Las Vegas.
Speaker 6: I think it was a total eight hours and forty four minutes of being on the plane.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, Well the good news is flight back is direct. It's Vegas to Vancouver. It's hard for it, but no getting off.
Speaker 6: I just like being on an airplane as love as possible.
Speaker 8: You do.
Speaker 12: But yeah, going back is the same thing. Back to Jacksonville. Stay on the plane, Jacksonville.
Speaker 3: Stay out of the day.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by Panini America, the official. When you do that, that's the feeling like I'm done.
Speaker 6: But you do that to all of us.
Speaker 12: Symptimes we'll make this point and they're like no, no, no, no, I just do it to you do this thing, and I'm like hoping you're gonna have a great reaction.
Speaker 6: It's like Brian and tapka, what do you got. I'm like, I just said this whole thing.
Speaker 2: About okay, but you're doing this for sympathy because there's the studio audis play to the audience exactly what I do, and you know what, they're not buying it.
Speaker 12: No, they look at each other like in the Punchos and they're all wet. I don't They don't need to hear from me.
Speaker 3: They they love you, but don't always like you.
Speaker 6: More often than not they probably do not like at least for my Twitter.
Speaker 2: Feed, it's yeah, look at that audience. They don't care. No, man, how about this clap if you hate Todd, that's not there's a lot of people clipping up the first or five shows.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're instigated that he's to clap about how about they dishline?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I know. I'm here with an Elvis helf. It feels like a moment for you.
Speaker 2: I gotta admit, you're sitting here dressed in an Elvis costume.
Speaker 3: Uh, it feels like.
Speaker 2: Like an exclamation point or something for you.
Speaker 3: In a good way or a bad way.
Speaker 6: Oddly enough, I don't know why. I thought you might look ridiculous, like you're in like a Halloween, But that looks like you can pull.
Speaker 2: It feels like a statement, is all I'm saying. It feels like a like a moment for you.
Speaker 3: All right, it does.
Speaker 2: I'm dressed as Elvis doing.
Speaker 4: The show right now.
Speaker 2: It would have been nicer if Bob, who brought this from Montana, got a dry clean before. Yeah it smells like a montanalls like a grizzly in here.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got a little spaghetti sauce on your collar.
Speaker 4: But that's the right, that's not true.
Speaker 3: I was ready to go to commercial break and then you have can can you stop?
Speaker 6: Does look like.
Speaker 2: Ross Tucker set to join us. We'll take a break. We're gonna work it out today. We're gonna be really good tomorrow. I can guarantee that. Yeah, wait, what are you doing, mar I'm with you.
Speaker 4: I'm with you.
Speaker 3: No, Ken, by the.
Speaker 2: Way, the triggers are fired up, and yeah, we got some great stuff over there. Yeah, all right, let me take a break. We'll come back with the popular Ross Tucker. He'll join us right after this on The Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wap.
Speaker 11: Hey Gang.
Speaker 13: This is Jay Glazer, host of Unbreakable and Mental Wealth podcast, and every week we will have on leaders from sports entertainment like Sean McVay, Lindsay Vaughn, Michael phelf, David Spade, got Fiemi, and also those who can help us in between the ears, anyone from a therapist to someone like Ed Milett for John Gordon.
Speaker 4: We've all been through some.
Speaker 13: Sort of adversity to get to the top. We've all used different tools. Listen to Unbreakable with Jay Glazer and Mental Wealth podcast on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts.
Speaker 2: My thanks again to Fountain Blue and all of our great sponsors here and our studio audience that we have braving the bad weather that we have here. Give bags to our in studio guest Keeper's Heart Whiskey Good Ranchers. They're supplying all the meat for about some Meat Friday on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Miller Lte the original Louisiana brand, Hot Sauce, King, Jawaiian and Trigger Grills. We'll try to and a few more phone calls here before we close up shop on this Monday. He is our good buddy Ross Tucker, host of the Ross Tucker Football Podcast, and he can be found on social media at Ross Tucker NFL. We call him the Meathead. James Vanderbeek, the great actor. He looks a lot like Ross Tucker, who joins us on the program Ladies and Gentlemen, Ross Tucker.
Speaker 8: Time.
Speaker 2: Of course, James Vanderbeek was on what was that Saved by the Bell? Dawson's Creek, Oh, Dawson's Creek, Dan true story.
Speaker 11: Okay, Okay, Nobody ever told me that I looked like James Vanderbeek until a couple of times when I filled in for you.
Speaker 4: And then it became this thing, Meathead James Vanderbeek.
Speaker 11: One of my roles for west Wind one is at the end of the conference championship game, I interview the winning head coach and quarterback when they come down.
Speaker 4: Off the podium. Okay, so I talked to mahomes.
Speaker 11: For a minute, and I'm talking to Andy Reid and he's got his arm around his wife, Tammy Reid, and she's just smiling and listening as I'm doing the interview. The interview ends and she looks at me and she says, has anyone ever told you you look like the guy from Dawson's Creek. I was like, Pauline told you to say that. There's no way, like Andy Reid's wife said out of the blue.
Speaker 4: Maybe she listens or watches the show. I don't know.
Speaker 3: James Vanderbiet, yeah, I like it.
Speaker 11: I like me.
Speaker 4: I mean he's not a bad looking guy. No, I mean, I don't know that he's in my level, but he's not a bad looking guy.
Speaker 3: And he couldn't get into Princeton like you did.
Speaker 11: Well, I'm still mad about Varsity Blues, the movie he was in, well number one. If you have an opportunity for the whip cream Sunday or whatever that was you and you're in high school and you're playing football, you take advantage of that opportunity. So I'm a little upset that he didn't take advantage of the whip cream what.
Speaker 3: They called it, whip cream is that.
Speaker 11: He was so focused on getting into Brown when they're trying to win a West Texas state championship.
Speaker 4: I mean, get some priorities, Vanderbeek. Yeah, I mean his dad had the right priorities.
Speaker 11: Okay, his dad knew that they had to play State High on Wednesday or whatever.
Speaker 3: It was amazing. Okay, best football movies.
Speaker 11: Oh, that's a good question. I'm kind of a softie for like a Rudi. Yeah, I'm kind of a softie for.
Speaker 4: Like a Rudie.
Speaker 2: See, let's see, that's a documentary. Seaton says, it's not a movie. That's a documentary.
Speaker 4: Documentaries. But so I grew up going to some third name games.
Speaker 2: But also, okay, but when Montana came on our show a few years ago and basically dispelled any of the myth of Rudy, uh, that caught a lot of heat too. There were a lot of people upset with Joe Montana. Don't you dare tell me that Rudy didn't really get that sack he was off sides. First of all, all right.
Speaker 11: That's my favorite for any nerd Dame game where like college game day, somebody will have to sign Rudy was off side. It's so good, but it is true. So he did jump the cut they count. It's so funny, Dan. I actually sent back in the mid nineties. Okay, I sent out thirty five VHS tapes to colleges.
Speaker 4: My coach, I was one double A.
Speaker 11: But I sent the nerd Dame in Penn State anyway, right, and I got a letter back from Nedame about if I wanted to walk on, and so I can sort of I can sort of think about what that was like for for Rudy, which, by the way, kills me because growing up in Pennsylvania, I had Penn Say season tickets. And my wife hates when I say this, But once I made the NFL, the Penn State guys like LeVar Arrington and Kenny Watson, they were like, man, you were started like three years for us, and I was like.
Speaker 4: Oh, don't tell me that. Don't tell me that. Don't tell me that.
Speaker 11: And my wife wanted to go to Printon. So she's always like, if you say that one more time. In her perspectives, he's Meadhead.
Speaker 2: James Vanderbeek Ross Tucker from west Wood One, CBS Sports, NFL and college football analyst. It was on this day in twenty twelve when the Giants beat the Patriots to win the Super Bowl. Was that the one where I got roasted going on Letterman and I said, the Giants will win the Super Bowl? And he said, have you been drinking? And I hadn't, but I remember you take the show in the like at five five thirty. Yeah, I got done, and I think Paulie said, you know, like, what did you do? And I said, I said the Giants will beat the Patriots. He goes, that's crazy, and I so, nothing happens. So it's done at five thirty six o'clock. I drive home show airs that night. The next day, people are going, how stupid are you that you think the Giants will beat the Patriots? And I said, I thought that because they had played the Patriots the final regular season game I think that year, and so I thought, okay, they're not afraid of them.
Speaker 3: They know what to expect.
Speaker 2: Now. Was I surprised that they won? I was, But I just remember making a prediction where it just kind of lingers, it hangs out there and you go, I'm gonna get crucified. Have you had one of those predictions where you go, why did I say that?
Speaker 11: Well, so what's wild is I had six different people text message me this morning because I went on some radio station in Kansas City and I said, I have no idea why the forty nine ers are favored in this game.
Speaker 4: It just doesn't make any sense to me. I mean, you watch the three Chiefs playoff games, Dan.
Speaker 11: They were the better team in all three, including at Buffalo at Baltimore.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, the Niners, I mean.
Speaker 11: I can think of six plays, maybe off the top of my head, against the Packers where if that went the other way, Keishawn Nixon dropped the pick, Darnell Savage dropped the pick, the Packers would have won, and then the Lions were bashing the Niners' brains in until they they had That might have been one of the most painful collapses meltdowns that I've ever seen. And I'm not even I'm not like a Lions fan, but that was hard to watch. So anyway, I just said, it doesn't seem logical to me that the forty nine Ers would be favorite. Now, they might win, but I guess my point would be if these teams played ten times, I think the Chiefs win seven, maybe eight. So I have no idea why that got news, but it got picked up by a certain cable news outlet.
Speaker 4: So my friends or people I know in my life are telling my dad.
Speaker 11: They're telling on themselves for what cable news outlet they watch, because they're all texting me, You're.
Speaker 3: On the front page of Bleep, Bleep Bleep.
Speaker 11: I mean it was I was like, really for just saying I'm surprised the Niners are favored?
Speaker 4: Is that I don't feel like that. That's like, are you a little surprised than nine ers are favored?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't want to say anything more because I don't want to end up on the front end like it. You know, It's weird how people when you make a prediction, they think you either love their team or you hate their team. Right when I say, like, I'd never bet against Patrick Mahomes, I just wouldn't. I wouldn't bet against Tom Brady. I mean, I've learned, I've been doing this forty years. I sort of have this figure down here. And so when they when I say I'd never root against Patrick Mahomes, Oh, so you don't like the Niners or you don't like brock Pritty, I go, no, no, it's not that I don't I don't have any bias whatsoever. If you said the Niners are going to be, you know, dominate, and it's going to be an impressive performance in Brock, Pretty's the MVP, I go, awesome. I'm just analyzing a stock, That's all this is. I'm looking at a stock and the stock is Patrick Mahomes. I'm investing in that. And you know they're two point underdogs, and I wouldn't be surprised, you know that if they go off as a betting favorite, if people, you know, start to look at the numbers here.
Speaker 11: And Dan, you referenced Tom Brady, and I think that's the right name for Patrick Mahomes. And the reason why I say that is I don't know if it's conscious or subconscious. But we're the point now where you know the Chiefs they went to Baltimore. I thought Baltimore was the best team in the league this year. Right the Chiefs went in there, they took it right to them. And I remember I played with Drew bloodsoe. I started a bunch of game as a Buffalo. Drew bloods so really good quarterback, and we thought we were gonna win because we had blood Sell when I went.
Speaker 4: To New England. You know you're gonna win.
Speaker 11: You have the guy like, even if you're down two scores late, you're literally thinking your head, we're still gonna win.
Speaker 4: We have Brad here, we have Mahomes. It's just a matter of how.
Speaker 11: And I think that that subconsciously seeps in because then the other teams start doing stupid stuff. The Ravens are getting penalties, the Ravens are you know, Lamar Jackson had one of the worst.
Speaker 4: Playoff interceptions I've ever seen.
Speaker 11: And it just seems like people make critical errors, dumb mistakes against the Patriots, against the Chiefs, where you're like.
Speaker 4: What are they doing? And I don't know if it's conscious or subconscious, but it's.
Speaker 2: A fact, yeah, because if anything, you have to keep your composure, like you can't try to force things. But that's what they sort of speed you up a little bit. Speaking of the Patriots, I said last week, I don't see Bill Belichick coaching in the NFL again as a head coach ever again, I just unless it's Dallas, unless something happens and then Jerry Jones goes, all right, come on in, Bill, I got to win one while I'm still alive. Maybe the Eagles that you would know better since you cover the Eagles. If that owner Jeffrey Lourie, I mean, I think they were interested in him, they just didn't pull the trigger.
Speaker 4: If you bring it.
Speaker 3: I mean Nick Siriani is he's on.
Speaker 2: It's a really it's as hot as that, you know, that flame behind you there under the seat. I just don't know if somebody's going to go to Bill, come on in and run the show here.
Speaker 11: I don't know if they're going to do that. I would be shocked if he's not hired as a head coach a year from now. Two reasons. Number one, I don't know what the right term for this is, Dan, but I think he's going to have like a media cleansing this year. He's gonna work somewhere in the media. He's gonna be insightful, he's gonna show personality. And there's something weird about when you stop coaching and people see a different side of you because they're only used to the uh.
Speaker 3: Like they're only said, wait, was that Bill Murray?
Speaker 4: And I don't know.
Speaker 11: That uh so uh No. I think I think after a year in the media, a year from now, a lot of people are gonna be like, you know, I like him, he is the best coach ever. They're gonna forget what a jerky is in press conference now. And I don't know if it's like media cleansing or whatever that and the fact Dan, I know you know him decently well, no, I don't.
Speaker 3: Well, well, I.
Speaker 4: Think you know this part. He wants that record bad. I don't care.
Speaker 11: I don't care what he says. He wants that record bad. So if a year from now he has to humble himself and just be a head coach, I think he overplayed his hand this year. Yeah, I think he thought he could run the whole show in Atlanta, so that's what he went for next year. Now that he's out for the whole year, I think he'll put feelers out about running the whole show. But if it comes down to it, I think he'll accept just being a coach somewhere so he can get whatever his thirteen wins, I don't know, fifteen wins, so he can get that over the next couple of years and have that because you ever know, you ever notice they don't do anything with the media, but anytime the Patriots win, the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh my gosh, NFL films has been there all year.
Speaker 14: We had no idea, and they had this documentary with the coaches, like and that's why on third and eight we saw when his left pinky toe was pointing outwards, he was gonna run in breaking around.
Speaker 4: It's like, wait a minute, well, I.
Speaker 11: Want to see the videos Dan from all the years when the Patriots think. I want to see the NFL films, cameras and guys from the years when they're not because they're all there when they.
Speaker 4: Win the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I understand what you're saying about the media cleansing, but you still have to turn your team over to him or believe that he is. He's just going to coach and he's not going to be part of the front office there, right. I think that's that's where you say, hey, no, no, I just want to coach, and then all of a sudden you start coaching, and then you're like Bill showing up at meetings where you go what you what do you?
Speaker 3: What are you doing here? No, No, just coaching. Just thought i'd stopped.
Speaker 11: Well that's the problem with like Atlanta. So Terry font knows the GM there. Rich McKay is the president there. You think they want a bounce, No, absolutely not. And they talk to Arthur Blank every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't see that happening. Do you think that Brady stays in the booth for ten years at Fox? No?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 11: That would surprise me. I think he might move on to other things. I'm fascinated to see how he does. You know, nobody will be more prepared, and he does have a good personality. I guess I'm just curious. We've never really seen him with his guard down, and we also haven't really seen him be overly critical of people.
Speaker 4: He's a very positive person.
Speaker 11: He's like, I'm gonna be curious because what I sense from him is he would be really frustrated by dumb plays by other quarterbacks. We see that with Peyton on the Manning Test, and I'm hoping Tom is real. I'm hoping, like when a quarterback does something dumb like the Lamar Jackson interception, I hope Tom is just like this is unaccepted, because he will get he he has a lot of anger in him, right, Like that's what fuels him.
Speaker 4: I would love if he's like, this is unacceptable. You cannot do this. I have no like that would be good TV.
Speaker 11: That would be good if he really acted the way he normally would when watching a quarterback do something like that.
Speaker 2: Well, we have Tony Romo and uh, I don't know, Jim, but that's all. That's his Tony Romo impersonation.
Speaker 4: Is at least Seaton waits for you to que him up.
Speaker 3: Yes, he does.
Speaker 4: Fritzy just goes into it, thinks it's the Todd Fritz.
Speaker 3: Shot, just blows through the stop shot. But you know when Jim nance will go coming up?
Speaker 2: Following the football game sixty minutes six up on the West Coast and then the new equalizer thirty eight?
Speaker 3: Tony, what do you think will happen here?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean they could run it and they what would you do?
Speaker 3: Jim?
Speaker 2: He only said that once in a game, I know, but that didn't stop us for musing it all the time. Like he's asking the play by play guy, what would you do?
Speaker 8: Jim?
Speaker 4: What would you do?
Speaker 3: Dude? That's why you're here, Tony. I think Jim Nantz is joining us this week?
Speaker 8: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Don?
Speaker 4: On Wednesday?
Speaker 2: Okay, will we do the Tony Romo impersonation to Jim Nance. Okay, I don't think Jim is gonna he won't laugh.
Speaker 3: He can't laugh.
Speaker 2: He can't, yeah, he can't.
Speaker 3: But like deep down he might laugh. Goodbye friends. Yes, all right, hey, great to see you.
Speaker 8: The way.
Speaker 4: Yes it is.
Speaker 3: It's wonderful.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's amazing. Yeah, amazing. They only came to see you. They're they're leaving right after this. Thank you for all the contributions with the show. We appreciate it all year long.
Speaker 4: No, man, thank you. I appreciate the opportunity. It's awesome.
Speaker 3: He's Ross Tucker from Westwood One, CBS Sports. Take a break.
Speaker 1: We'll close up shop after this. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Closing up shop day one here at the beautiful Fountain Blue Hotel.
Speaker 3: This might be the best audience we've had in Vegas. Right, that's the week. That's to the week. That's the best studio audience we've had this week. All right, you just got down. I'm sorry. Sorry. They've been fighting the elements here.
Speaker 2: They've been here early since five in the morning, and we have a studio audience the entire week.
Speaker 3: But rain is here and thank god, the Super Bowl is the indoors. Yes, Paul, and each and.
Speaker 7: One one of them gets a brutal headcul to take home as a.
Speaker 3: Supernot that is nice. That is nice.
Speaker 2: We didn't hand out ponchos though, big German went out and got five hundred ponchos this week.
Speaker 7: That sounds like, what's five hundred pancho? That sounds like something sort.
Speaker 2: Of like fine young Cannibals. But yeah, yeah, yeah, let's see. We'll close up shop here and what we learned, what's in store tomorrow? Todd The guest list Tomorrow we will have.
Speaker 6: Brady Quinn, Christiams, Albert Breer.
Speaker 3: So far for okay, Brady Quinn, BFO Brady. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: I mean, let's not sure change Albert Breer, Chris Sims. I'm just saying, BFO Brady here. I feel like now that we've done like some time in Dublin with Brady, we're all bros.
Speaker 4: Definitely, that was fun.
Speaker 2: We're Brady Quinn Brose Yeah, yeah, don't you feel like Colin? Now we know each other after Will Ferrell wrestled him. He did when we were in Dublin. He did. Yeah, he showed up at that bar. That was awesome. Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was in Shampaul and Brady was friends with that comedian Shane Gillis, who we met at our meet and greet in Dublin. We kind of knew who he was. He was getting kind of big. He's hosting SNL this weekend.
Speaker 2: I was shocked, you know when you guys told me Shane Gillis that set that he did was hilarious. It's the Netflix flick special that just came out.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Good for him.
Speaker 2: Funny dude, man, Good for him. He'll be hosting Saturday Night Live. This day in Sports History poll just a couple.
Speaker 5: Nineteen eighty nine, Cream Abdul Jabbar became the first NBA player to score thirty eight thousand points and uh oh. Two thousand and six, the Pittsburgh Steelers defeated the Seattle Seahawks twenty one ten in Super Bowl x L.
Speaker 2: Who was the MVP, Marvin Heines Ward Heinz Ward Blue, Blue Blue, Yeah, should be in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 7: In my opinion, that US announced his retirement right after the game.
Speaker 2: The pH oh oh boy, maybe too soon on this day twenty seventeen, twenty ten, Tennessee Patriots Falcons. Yes, twenty eight three, twenty eight three, great final score, thirty four.
Speaker 3: Twenty eight Yeah.
Speaker 7: Ouch, they should have won that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they should have. Thank you, PAULI, Thank you Todd.
Speaker 4: What a hot taake?
Speaker 2: Yeah, fans really regret that one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's gonna bother.
Speaker 2: Yeah from the ball a couple more times, because twenty eight to three bothered them more than twenty four to seven.
Speaker 4: Lions twenty eight three, because it was the middle of the third quarter and it.
Speaker 3: Was the Super Bowl. They were rolling, Yes they were, Yes, they were, Paul.
Speaker 5: When your most painful moment becomes a phrase in American history, yeah, like you could say to a group of people like, oh, I know what you're talking about, twenty eight three.
Speaker 7: Twenty eighth three.
Speaker 2: Dang, you just got twenty eight three.
Speaker 7: Damn Like I said, audited, you get twenty eight three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okayyrs twenty eight threes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, she left me.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, twenty eight three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry bro, Yeah, oh my god, she left twenty eight three.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 2: You gotta be really really down on the dumps, daddy. I was driving the car and then twenty eight three, wait, you crashed it? Yeah, but are you okay? Yeah, I'm okay. Twenty eight three.
Speaker 7: Got a fight at a bar? How to work? Twenty eight three? Oh sorry, oh.
Speaker 3: Man, you got your ask.
Speaker 2: Couple of good shots early and they got dropped in conang. I was leaning on all cards and then I got knocked down. Yeah, twenty eight three, All right, final results of the pole question. Did we have a pool question tonight?
Speaker 3: We had many? Okay, we had many many Okay.
Speaker 2: Let's say five years from now, college football will be a completely different landscape or pretty similar to how it looks now. Eighty four percent say completely different. Are Kansas Are the Kansas City Chiefs?
Speaker 3: America's team?
Speaker 2: A resounding no, stop fighting it stop, just embrace it, just let it flow.
Speaker 3: That's all. Just absorb it. They're America's team right now.
Speaker 2: Half the audience think Fritzy is the one ending up in the pool, okay, and some people taking exception, by the way, to the fact that Todd was calling people.
Speaker 3: Well, let's wait a minute, you can't spell Todd.
Speaker 6: I'm used to taking so much abuse every What's the wifel like I got to give it out.
Speaker 3: Okay, Odd Fritz.
Speaker 4: A strange couple.
Speaker 2: That's not that's not gonna stick. That's not going to stick at all. Let's go around the room and uh what we learned on the program?
Speaker 6: Those garbage pail kids called Odd Todd? I remember?
Speaker 3: Yes, splat, Pat Todd? Would you learn today?
Speaker 7: Andy reads White?
Speaker 6: Best Ross talk? If anyone ever told me, kind of looks like James Vanderby.
Speaker 3: All Right, seen O'Connor.
Speaker 2: Media cleansing might be the buzzword this week. Oh yeah for Bill Belichick, Marvin, what did you learn today?
Speaker 4: Ross was offered to be a walk on at Notre Dame.
Speaker 3: Yeah he could have been Rudy Part two? Uh, Paulie, what about you?
Speaker 7: Hands down the best crowd of the week so far?
Speaker 3: Yes it is, Yes, it is yep.
Speaker 2: Uh Todd?
Speaker 3: What did I learn today?
Speaker 4: We all learned.
Speaker 12: You used to have a great life, then you found yourself watching flag football activities in Vegas.
Speaker 2: What we learn brought you by discover everybody's feeling special. That's why I discover. You have access to twenty four to seven customer service as well as zero dollar fraud liability, which means you're never held responsible for unauthorized purchases. Learn more at discover dot com. Slash credit card limitations like Fritzy apply by Thanks to everybody here at the Fountain Move, the great studio audience.
Speaker 3: We're going to do it again tomorrow. Thanks for joining us. Dan Patrick Show