Speaker 1: Motherfucking mini episode, mini episode, motherfucking mini episod.
Speaker 2: I in D E P E N D E and T. Do you know what that means? There? It is there, it is. Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to another phenomenal episode of My Mama Told Me.
Speaker 3: The podcasts where if we dive deep into the pockets of black conspiracy speriods.
Speaker 2: And we finally worked to approve the theories that you little Mama's got at home. Let's go. It's a motherfucking mini episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, hm hmm, yeah.
Speaker 2: I like just a taste, just the taste of the song.
Speaker 3: You are real confident on that spelling.
Speaker 2: I like that I died took my time beforehand. Really, I cannot tell you how worried I am that we're going to get an email next week and somebody being like, you fool.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't have I wouldn't have done it. It was bold. I respect it. I wouldn't have done.
Speaker 2: It, you fucking fool. How could you misspell independent?
Speaker 3: Even as you were doing it. I was like kind of sounding it out in my head.
Speaker 2: And I'm like Stinkerman, I'm David. And we we have an email today from a person named Devo. Devo sent us an email and the subject line for this one is uh ct E and R and B.
Speaker 3: That's you know me.
Speaker 2: It's a provocative subject line.
Speaker 3: I would I like. I like both those things, uh huh in my in my entertainment, right.
Speaker 2: I like a little Antonio Brown. I like a little Bobby Brown him.
Speaker 3: Come on, come on, that beat up out of me jelly. If those two were.
Speaker 2: Hanging out, fuck man, the hits that feels like crossing the streams and Ghostbusters, you know, I mean, I.
Speaker 3: Mean like they would beat up up up a bunch of people.
Speaker 1: They would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it mostly be Antonio at this point. Bobby be pretty winded, but he'd be encouraging him in a way.
Speaker 3: I think he still got one good karate kicking him, like the one he gave out of the chaplain that jah ruh video. You know what I'm trying.
Speaker 2: Of course, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: It was a classic. I think he's got I think he could do that one time anytime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I get that, And I bet it's a rate. I bet that kick kills the guy.
Speaker 3: Oh, it would fuck you up. You catch it on the chair, because let's not forget Bobby Bigger or whatever he was that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that that's mother fucking kick and you're gonna die and then his heart's gonna explode like John Henry, But I do think I didn't think he could kill a man with his one last karate kick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want that. I want that to be how he goes out him and jow Rule getting out of a chopper. Somebody says something slick.
Speaker 2: And he kicks their fucking head off, loving he fucking dies. Just a bumblebee, just a bumblebee of a of a man.
Speaker 3: I'm okay with it. But we're not here to talk about bumble bees. We're here to read one of your emails. You guys sent in you you cucks.
Speaker 2: And you COUKSU the Devo sent us this email CT. Well, let's see, because Devo begins the email by saying, greetings to the coon and your friend from the congo. I don't care about that one fucking bit. I don't like that at all, Like, not even a small piece of me feels remotely tolerant of whatever the fuck that was, Devo. There's no history in this show where that is an appropriate greeting to anybody that we were spect What the fuck are you talking about? The coon? I'll fucking kill you, defail, I'll shoot your foot off.
Speaker 3: He said it. He said it like you had called it so much.
Speaker 2: Like there's a history. That's crazy. Well, you're a wild bro out of your guts. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: You couldn't have thought that was gonna.
Speaker 2: Go over great, Divo, Come on, man, that's wild. I don't even want to read this bullshit no more, but I will. You started with the that's crazy, all right us.
Speaker 3: You were at work. We gotta keep reading this bullshit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is how I makes my money and feeds my baby. But I'll kill you devot. God damn, it's on site, he said. A friend of mine who smokes too much parenthetical recently suggested a link between R and B singers and CTE. She went on to site Ray J. Tyresee and Lauren Hill as quote unquote obvious proof. Please help Devo, and I believe the South African flag. Now I again, that means that you know English. Well, there's there's no translation issues here. You're a piece of shit, Devo, But go ahead. What do you think about this supposed to connection in between ct and R and B.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not gonna lie like those three people don't seem like maybe they got hit in the head.
Speaker 2: They do or they don't.
Speaker 3: For you, they make me seem like they could have got knocked around a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they got They all give big skull.
Speaker 1: Es.
Speaker 3: Here's I guess my thing. The difficulty with it for me is with football CT we see where they got hit.
Speaker 2: In the head.
Speaker 3: What are we attributing these head knocks to an R and B.
Speaker 2: Well, here's what I'll say.
Speaker 3: It's like falling over because did he drugs you at a party or.
Speaker 2: I like that as the theory, I will say that we are seeing a uptick of R and B singers getting in fights more maybe than we ever did. His story, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think that's the truth. I think they just didn't talk about it before.
Speaker 2: You think that their fights were happening as frequent only that Chris Brown and Usher is not a unique thing. I mean social media too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you ever hear about the Eisley Brothers, like her Tale of the Eye, They used to operate like a gang like. I think it was because it was always like you had to be that dude to sing R and B. I think it just wasn't highly publicized.
Speaker 2: Now that's fair.
Speaker 3: I will and then when rap, and then when rap started, a lot of those guys because like rap started, and a lot of those guys who went on to be gangster rappers, they had rapped not started, they still would have tried to be R and B singers. You don't say what I'm saying, They just got a new place to put it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will say that this feels real to me when when I start to think about some of the other predating R and B, like James Brown constantly fistfighting with his own band and shit, yeah, he's like fucking gonna kill members of his band on a near nightly basis, Like you know, fucking yeah. There's just so many great examples I think of, like band David Ruffin is another example that comes to mind of Like, there's no way Otis didn't punched David in the.
Speaker 3: Head exactly exactly. I think there was always that kind of element right to it. I think it just wasn't you know, that was not conducive to their to their images. Even you heard Barry White talk about when he was young he used to be good with a bull with he said he could knock a flee off a dog's ass.
Speaker 2: You know, the only thing I know about about Barry White from being younger is that he was a thief. And I learned that from sixteen Blocks, that Most Deaf movie.
Speaker 3: I never finished it. Barry White's a thief.
Speaker 2: That's so the core of the sort of like moral argument inside of the film for Most Death is that Barry White used to be a thief, and Most Death's character used to be a thief, and now he wants to like own a like a I think, like a restaurant or some shit or like a bakery. And so he's basically saying that Berry White can change. Why can't I?
Speaker 3: Oh, man, I thought that was a completely different movie. Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Bruce Willis is the Most Death having to make it sixteen blocks so that Most Death can I think testify so you can get out of jail and become a chef.
Speaker 3: I don't remember it's but either way, I'm just saying I think that there were definitely R and B singers who were like that. Yeah, I think it just was not I think Rap kind of took took took the shine away from it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So to that point, if we really look at R and B singers from the past, two Casey and Jojo are the most ct motherfuckers out there.
Speaker 3: Somebody dropped that little one upside down. Somebody hit that nigga with the tombstone because he's going nuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that the video, and I'm sure we're thinking of the same thing.
Speaker 3: But that video thinking about him writing that man eating chicken.
Speaker 2: No, that's not what I was thinking of at all. Oh the Casey and Jojo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where he's riding on top of that guy and he's eating the chicken. No, hold on, I got it, he continued to I'm gonna find this. No, I'm very excited.
Speaker 2: The video I was thinking of was when he passes out on stage at the concert and then has to have like they keep performing while his limp body gets dragged off of stage.
Speaker 3: Oh no, that seems terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's really funny. I'm glad we get to dred Casey and Jojo videos.
Speaker 3: This is exciting.
Speaker 2: We're you because we have new merch. We have very exciting merch that we are now selling and it's it's fucking great.
Speaker 3: We love it.
Speaker 2: So much just sleek. It's sexy. Come on, you want to tell them what we have?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have three different types of hats, which is really fun. We have a two tone hat, an alien dad hat, the traditional logo in black and khaki. Then we have the enamel pin with an alien who has a coofie on it since my mama told me. And then we have t shirts that say proud little Mama, which is who you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can buy the merch now, go to my Mama told me dot merchcentral dot com where you can see all of our merch. You can buy shit pre order now, but December tenth you can buy it for real, for real, and we want you to have all the sweet stuff, So get it.
Speaker 3: Just if your YouTube Casey eating Chicken.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you look up singer Jojo passes out on stage during concert and maybe we take turns so that we can track reactions.
Speaker 3: And okay, okay, do you want to go first?
Speaker 2: Sure, say say Casey eating.
Speaker 3: Chicken and it'll be him riding on top of a guy in the crowd.
Speaker 2: Oh, this takes you the weird websites. Huh, this took me to Facebook.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, I dove in dark parts of the internet.
Speaker 2: Give me some of that. Oh my god, you know what he killed me? Is that the entire time it did Oncen't until after he's eating the chicken that I realize he's doing this. If you think you're lonely now your lone, give me some of that. Wait until tune age on another man's shoulders.
Speaker 3: No less, because that, to me screams someone who's been hitting the head. Let me watch. I'm gonna watch Jojo passing out. Now, Okay, this is a minute forty five. Is that the right one? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's the right one.
Speaker 3: Oh is this when it was just them too?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this is this is like within the last like four or five years.
Speaker 3: Oh no, okay, so oh no, oh oh no, oh no oh this song. Oh security, security walked away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, security leaves them in casey's going. He's still going. Come on, man, just keeps going. He said, give it over my brother, oh man, as your literal brother all my life, in the middle of all my life, he died.
Speaker 3: And then he had to get up by himself.
Speaker 2: Security gave so little of a fuck that they left his crippled body out there.
Speaker 3: Oh man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and your brother's just like give it up for my brother, y'all. He tried his best.
Speaker 3: One thing. I love my little brother. My brothers wouldn't let me go out like that.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: They'd have dragged me off my big they had dragging. That's that's you can't he hates his guts, Oh for sure, for sure they probably is. Probably they were probably sucking each other's wives up. But it was a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they they've hurt each other real bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they left him out there to die.
Speaker 3: But I say all that to say, do I think that there's I think there's also a level I don't think the CTE is what it is. I think there's a level of unhinged you have to believe be to even believe that you can sing songs to make money. And I think that that lends itself to wild behavior. You're already over on that spectrum of like thinking, You're already over on that side of behavior where you're just doing crazy shit for you know, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder if we are missing a category of like brain damage and that maybe this isn't CCE is obviously specific to like the rattling of the brain that you get from like physical contact. I imagine that there's a type of brain damage that you have to be born with or develop in like a certain part of your youth that gives you that level of confidence to both be if you think you're lonely now as Nigga and I steal your chicken on another man's shoulders and sing, you know what I mean, Like, it's it's you have to have gone through some damage that isn't just us slamming your head into another head.
Speaker 3: What's the term Dunning Kruger effect. I think that kind of plays. I don't know, you never heard of Dunny Krueger. Let me look it up. It's it's basically like it's I think a lot of performers have it. It's basically like we're incompetent. People think they're overly competent in all kinds of things. Oh okay, okay. So the Dunning and Kruger effect is a cognitive cognitive bias in which people with limited competence and a particular domain overestimate their abilities. M I think there's a lot of that within R and B. I think it's just like people forget that we're so used to it, right, seeing entertainers and understanding what that is. But it is a wild thing to even want to do. Yeah, you know what I mean. It's kind of unhinged. Us included right to.
Speaker 2: Get paid for something that anyone theoretically could be doing, and we just live our lives off of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bro, I thought I could buy a house do what people do to each other on their lunch breaks. Yes, you know what I mean. It's like kind of a delusional place to come from in.
Speaker 2: General, and not only buy a house. You you like me, like all of us, you think you deserve the best house off of Yeah, off of truly something that they could replicate like with a text message.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And by the way, this isn't basketball. There are guys who are better than who are better than me at this in the building across the street right now. Yeah, it's fun. Yeah, it's not like it's not like people people love to talk about it like it's hoop or some shit like that where it's like they had to go find women Yama. There's a women Yama on every block for human dog.
Speaker 2: The barber next to my barber is the funniest nigga. I've ever met in my life.
Speaker 1: Like this.
Speaker 2: Nigga's a genius.
Speaker 3: I've met people in literally every station of life who were funner than me. Crackheads, doctors, come on lawyers due to work at seven eleven, like.
Speaker 2: Dudes that wish they could work at seven eleven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it has no, it holds no, it's like not. It's that's why I get so mad when people tie morality into it, Like, don't expect the funniest guy to be the most moral guy, because has nothing at all to do with it. And if that's what you're looking for, you're stupid. I'm sorry, you're a stupid person.
Speaker 2: That's also when comedy turns into bullshit is when like we were I was truly just talking about this with the homie this weekend. Of like, as soon as somebody gets told that they're like a truth teller or that like they see society for what it is, their comedy turns into fucking ass.
Speaker 3: Stinks.
Speaker 2: It just stinks. Every one of our heroes that turned into truth tellers stink because that's not what the fuck we're good at. That's not what we're doing over here.
Speaker 3: Truth tellers, thought leaders, all that shit trash bro it's stink. Yeah, it's not good. I think there's like an artistry to it, for sure, that I believe in, but all that other shit.
Speaker 2: But I think it's an artistry in the way that like the fucking Sistine Chapel kind of has some accidents in there.
Speaker 3: They put too many olives on my subway sandwich.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just like, yeah, I guess artistry, I guess, but but you don't know how to replicate it perfectly, you know what I mean? Like that just you you just hit a sweet spot. We all ride a sick wave.
Speaker 3: A sick sick wave.
Speaker 2: What the fuck are you telling the truth about nothing?
Speaker 3: And why do you go to a funny guy for the truth, you idiot? There's experts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go listen to a podcast with smarter people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what are you talking about? Maybe Ari Shafir shouldn't fucking form your ideas on foreign policy.
Speaker 2: A shouldn't have even the slightest way in it. No matter what side of the or Shafar table you're on, he should not sway you in the least.
Speaker 3: That being said, please follow me a cool guy jokes eighty seven. I am a new thought leader.
Speaker 2: Got a lot of thoughts. You look like you need some leading.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh no, but yeah that's so. I feel like less as far as this conspiracy, I feel like less ct more than people who are prone to do that as a job are kind of prone to wild behavior.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that makes sense. You have to lead with a fair amount of ego to want any version of celebrity, and I would say R and B especially feels like a very vulnerable version of the game because you both have to to constantly be demonstrating sensitivity while also flexing that you are the opposite of the identity that you create for your audience. You are both a hardened man and a sensitive lover, a gentle sort of like make lovey type person, and that those don't always make sense, and only a crazy person could make that work.
Speaker 3: And I'm okay with it.
Speaker 2: I prefer it.
Speaker 3: Give me some more hits, tray songs.
Speaker 2: I don't want Tyres to get healthy. I want him to stay just the way he is.
Speaker 3: You know, I can't get behind that. I can't give.
Speaker 2: Behind You can be honest.
Speaker 3: You're saying, I don't think he's making us another hit song is why I can't give But but I'm saying he's got another sweet lady in him.
Speaker 2: That don't matter, my guy, who could put all that behind you? I'm saying the Tyrese that we have, the contributions that he makes to our culture. You're saying you want a grounded, well rounded tyres I don't.
Speaker 3: I would like that for him on the way out. Yeah, on the way out.
Speaker 2: Sure, but he's got at least seven more years than him. Come on, yeah, I don't want him beefing with the rock for reasons he can't explain. That's so funny, It.
Speaker 3: Is so funny. It's tough. You really bring out the worst of me.
Speaker 2: I just don't want him to get healing.
Speaker 3: No, I get it, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 2: Call me a bad guy. I just don't think he should. He should be whole.
Speaker 3: I think you did it. I think we did it too.
Speaker 2: Can you tell the people where they can find you and the cool shit you have going on?
Speaker 3: Cool guy jokes eighty seven on Instagram? All my dates will be up there. I'm not going out till the top mid mid January, so I'm just around the Denver metro area. If you want to come see me. I love it. I appreciate you stand up for real fun right now. Yeah, I got some merch left over and bring David Toplate dot com. If you wanted to come out to tour and get one of those T shirts or hats or something like that and you weren't able to, they are now available online through the end of the year. And that's about it, you know.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, and you can follow me at Langston Kermi. I'll be their talking my shit.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm also not going out like out out until the top of the year, but I'm gonna be kicking it, so see what I'm doing. I guess I don't know. And if you want to buy merch from us, ma Mama told me dot merchcentral dot com. I believe December tenth, which is next week, the pre orders are gonna start shipping out. So if you're interested in buying a hat or a T shirt, be giving a gift to a lover perhaps who needs, uh needs a two toned hat to cover their oddly shaped head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, our face across that weird body.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on, you can buy at Mamma told me dot Merchcentral dot com. And as always, if you want to send us your own drops, your own conspiracy theories. If you want to tell us why in fact, R and B singers are not brain damage but instead profits of a future yet untold, send it all to mymamapod at gmail dot com. We would love to hear from you, like subscribe, rate, finger bang. Whatever it is that you're meant to do to keep this podcast alive, please do it. That's the whole shebang, by bitch.
Speaker 3: Give him me a good old rubber.
Speaker 1: Motherfucking mini yourself mini episode, Well, the fucking mini yourself. Well, the fucking mini yourself mini episode, Well, the fucking mini herself