Speaker 1: From Hollywood.
Speaker 2: See you, Thank you for listening to us.
Speaker 1: On air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: He's Khalifa and Charlie Pooth there one or two point seven Kiss FM. Charlie Pooth, Tonny you heard from Charlie Pooth? I know you guys are on a regular sort of chat rhythm. Have you heard from him, Lely?
Speaker 3: I haven't heard from him, Leleiah, but I did wish him congratulations on his engagement.
Speaker 2: Did I miss that? Did you report that? Did I just forget that?
Speaker 3: It was a while, But it was a while ago, I want to say August, yes, summer.
Speaker 2: Did you report that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, And that's why it sounds vaguely for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who'd he get engaged to?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say his girlfriend. His fiance's name is Brooke. He's known her since like.
Speaker 2: Child, you're in their social circle. Did you know her as well?
Speaker 3: I've met her, yes, but he she he knew her from home, like she was his friend from home. Uh huh, And I was like more his friend in La.
Speaker 2: No, I know where you're from. Yeah, I know, I know you said she's from.
Speaker 1: His He is the friend from home and from La.
Speaker 5: I don't know her well.
Speaker 2: I don't know her.
Speaker 3: I don't know her well, but she seems very very sweet and he's very very happy.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, that's more than I needed, more than I need. Like, let's not bring up Harry Styles this morning exactly. I'm trying to understand. So this is a very interesting morning. I'm going to get to partly Sonny Hies in the upper seventies eighties Inland. Rain is coming tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: Enjoy today if you can.
Speaker 2: Rain's coming tomorrow night. It's going to add to the commute nightmares. We're paying bills, all this stuff. And we'll get to in a second. But something very cool and fun and unique is happening at seven o'clock this morning. It all starts at seven. It goes from seven to eight, and we do this in other shows at the course of the day on a regular basis. But at seven o'clock Kiss in the Morning on Airthrine Seacrest goes commercial free.
Speaker 1: That's right, we go non stop. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: So get some extra training reports, Maybe we'll pay some extra bills. Get ready for tubs, some extra wattage. We're going seven to eight commercial free. It's brought to you by troll So, Sydney, you're gonna do like these quick thirty second trolls cartoon. Yeah, commercial talking about movie. But you said you're using cartoony words.
Speaker 6: Well there's a kind of like a made up word. It's fantasmic and amazing put together, it's fantastic amazing and they use it in the movie.
Speaker 2: Well, Sysney was rehearsing earlier.
Speaker 1: No, this movie is so cute.
Speaker 5: When does it come out?
Speaker 1: It comes out this weekend.
Speaker 2: And also listen between seven and eight we're gonna tell you about because it's brought to you by trolls. Right, thanks the trolls band together in theater's Friday. Let's all say it. So anyway, we're gonna have no commercial seven to eight this morning.
Speaker 1: That's cool, man, I love that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, second date updates on the way. Do a leap that's coming after eight o'clock to talk about I go Houdini?
Speaker 6: Can't you tell? Italian? And I curled our hair today. We kind of just stepped them up and leap it's coming in.
Speaker 1: I wore my tall shoes.
Speaker 2: Are you going to stand next to her?
Speaker 5: I wore my ugs?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no one can see it.
Speaker 6: Do It's like super tall and I'm very sure. So whenever I take a picture of her, it just like I really I really kind of just like committed to a tall shoe today for I had an.
Speaker 2: Extra shirt out in a closet here.
Speaker 1: I'm a dark person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need to step it up. I we're a white T shirt in today anyway, So she's gonna be on. You know, she was talking about her album, I think, and we should ask about this, but she was saying that this song is about like the best stages of singleedom, the best stages of singleedom. There are a few good stages of single then the single theom get not good.
Speaker 1: You have to appreciate the single theom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there's an expiration day on singletoon. But we'll talk to you about that. That's coming up at interesting So interesting.
Speaker 5: When do you think the expiration is?
Speaker 2: Uh, well, that's what I want to talk about. So I'm just setting the stage. I haven't thought any of this through yet. I'm just throwing it all out there so we're ready to go later. So all right, before we get to this morning hack, which is a great morning hack on the way, it's something you should definitely ask kids when they get home from school. You won't believe. Actually, you may not believe the question, and you certainly may not believe some of the answers that parents have gotten after they've asked the question. But you will want to ask the question that and a quote for this Tuesday to put you in the right frame o mind is coming up in a few minutes too, Cincany, what is everybody talking about.
Speaker 6: It's the hottest workout trend right now on TikTok and it's called the cozy cardio. All right, so think of not necessarily those really intense classes that you might take, but more of a leisurely pedal on a stationary bike rather than the intense peloton classes that are offered, or like strolling on the treadmill instead of sprinting. But you can do all of this in your robe, even your slippers.
Speaker 2: That's the part of it.
Speaker 6: You don't actually have to put on the workout clothes if you're just gonna hop on your Nordic track and just walk for five miles.
Speaker 2: But I thought this was like something where you wear your slippers and you have those little pedal boxes and you sit there on your chair.
Speaker 6: You can do that as well, you can do that as well, where they have little the pedals under your desk.
Speaker 1: I want to get one of those.
Speaker 2: By the way, No, no, you like this idea cozy pedaling cozy.
Speaker 6: I like the idea of if you're gonna be a little lazy and maybe want to watch some TV or scroll on your phone or do whatever, why not try to at least get a workout in.
Speaker 2: But not take the place of the workout, which is what these people are saying.
Speaker 3: No, No, I think that this is like a bridge to get people back into their workout routine. Like I think it's it's for people that aren't necessarily on their workout routine. They want to, but they're too intimidated and they just it's too much to do it.
Speaker 2: Take the place of the workout.
Speaker 6: I think it does take the place. The girl who started this trend sort of speak on TikTok, was really feeling a lot of anxiety when she would work out, or she would feel like she would hit a plateau and like not really get any further, and she wanted to take away that toxic pressure of being in a crowded gym or feeling like you have to look a certain way to get your workouts in and et cetera. So she has this little treadmill in her living room and she'll just watch The Bachelor or you know, Love Island for her.
Speaker 2: If that works for her, it works for you, that's great. Not for me. No, I need the toxic stress. I need the endorphin rush. I want to go in there and sweat. I want I want to self torture. I need all of that to come out feeling the way I do. I go in loathing myself, I come out loving myself. I need that back and forth. That's for me. This this soft, pedaling, cozy cardio, it would not get me where I needed to get me, and I'd be more depressed.
Speaker 3: I don't like the gym, and so it's like no, but it's it's it's like if you're two, if you don't want to go to the gym, you don't want to go to these classes.
Speaker 5: It's better than just doing.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying I need the toxic torture so that I can come out on the other side feeling better about myself.
Speaker 6: Do you remember when I went bringing up Remember when I brought up the soft girl, Like a few weeks ago, I do remember that week. So it kind of falls into that same category of just really not wanting to give one hundred percent but still being able to get by.
Speaker 2: But I think that for me it wouldn't work because I need to again you heard it, like, I need to get into that headspace of I hate I almost hate this, so I love this.
Speaker 6: For me, it would because I get so sad sometimes when I see that I was watching TV for three hours and I was like, man, I really should have done something else.
Speaker 2: So exactly, So go to one of those You go to the boot camps yourself, You go for those torture classes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I go to those all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Well everybody, look, whatever your thing is for you, great. If you're a parent, what do you ask your kids when they get home from school? This is what you want to ask them. A lot of parents will ask them how is your day? But your response is usually good or fine? Right, So you'd ask the question a specific question, what did you do at recess? Do you ever asked that question?
Speaker 6: I actually do ask this question because recess is where it all goes down.
Speaker 2: Well that's the thing. So moms on TikTok have been sharing what they discovered when they asked, what did you do at recess? One kid was running a bracelet business. Cute, No, I don't think so. Yeah, maybe one was giving temporary tattoos in the bathroom.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, not as cute, not as cute.
Speaker 2: That you can also find out who they were spending time with and if they're having any trouble with anybody. So it's a it's good. It's good to be to have specificity in that kind of question what did you do at recess? Instead of just what you do all day at school?
Speaker 6: You get the tea as to what friends are either saying something mean or not.
Speaker 2: And you'll also I remember my mom asking me that, and it's like so much happened. Everything was fine, you know, like I don't know, like I would like, how was your day?
Speaker 5: Was fine?
Speaker 2: But if someone said to me, how is this seven oh eight chat with assistant? Time look back and say you know what, I don't know. Let me think about that for a second. I loved it.
Speaker 1: Let me look at my prep.
Speaker 2: Let me go back and look at my person, see what we talked about, because that this time I cannot remember today's quote. You're ready to frame it up on a Tuesday. Yeah, failed dreams can still create successful people.
Speaker 3: Say it again, you say it, Failed dreams can still create successful people.
Speaker 1: That's right. Everyone should say that five times this morning.
Speaker 2: You can still great successful people. We are going to play What's in Her? Oh, that is hot? That is a good one original song. What's the original of that? Work? Cover? Girl?
Speaker 1: Work it now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a good song.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 2: Let's see here. Angel is on the line to play he sold out jingle Bolk tickets. Kiss I found Angel? Good morning, How are you?
Speaker 7: I'm doing good? How are you doing today?
Speaker 2: Super good?
Speaker 7: Bro?
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for coming on with us. Are you ready?
Speaker 7: I'm ready?
Speaker 2: Okay, let me explain it because I don't think I remember. So today we're playing What's in Sicney's Purse. I'm gonna give you three items. You tell me which one is actually currently in Siceney's purse. You gotta get two out of three. Okay, Right on, here we go, Angel in AZUSA for the sold out tickets? Which of these is currently in Siciny's purse? A A glitter hairbow, B chewed gum inside a piece of blotting paper or C A number two pencil with a separate rubber eraser. Which one? Thank you?
Speaker 8: See?
Speaker 7: Let's go with bee.
Speaker 2: You got buddy there?
Speaker 6: Yeah, what's the answer, Siceny, I would throw my gum away, thank you very much, and not keep it in my purse. It was a glittered hairbow and looking at here, Oh.
Speaker 2: It's pretty okay.
Speaker 1: One, it's the.
Speaker 2: Next one. Heart. Which of these is currently in Siceny's purse? A lucky bean, a tape measure, or a name tag from the Mattel Toys Corporation.
Speaker 7: Oh, let's go with the name tax see.
Speaker 2: And is that correct? That is correct?
Speaker 6: I was just there at Mattel and so I still have the name tag in here.
Speaker 2: So Angel, I think if you get this right, you're gonna win. Which of these is currently in Siceny's purse? Hey, peppermint tik taks be a packet of oatmeal or see coupons to sports clips.
Speaker 7: Uh, go with the tick tacks.
Speaker 2: Sisity, what's in your purse tik taks today?
Speaker 1: Angel?
Speaker 2: Congratulations, you're going on our sold out jingle ball? Wait, baby, yay, I love you call me when you when I see there? Will you call me? Baby?
Speaker 7: Oh? Baby?
Speaker 2: Thank you? Angel Oute. We're gonna be the cutest couplet jingle ball key Angel, what are you gonna wear? What kind of things do you wear?
Speaker 7: I mean to be honest with you. Just send me a d M and whatever you asked for, I'll give it.
Speaker 1: We'll do some, we'll do some well side by side. Yeah.
Speaker 2: What is that video called? Where you make me? Oh?
Speaker 1: Get with me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna get ready with you.
Speaker 1: I'm cute.
Speaker 2: I love you, Angel, hold on, buddy, I'll get thanks a lot, brother, fun angel a jingle and anybody's going. It's always fun to meet people. Sho I do this second date update inside a commercial free Hour of Kiss. And then du Lipa joins us in studio. This is from Garrett in Venice, struggling after this situation. Maybe this has happened to you, or maybe you're glad it has not happened to you. So he meets this girl at a bar. He says in the email US, I was just out to get wasted after a rough week. She made fun of my outfit in a sweet and funny way. See that's great anytime you're insulted, it's charming. I love yeah, I do. I love it when someone makes fun of you. It's like I think that they're.
Speaker 6: Yes at the beginning, it's kind of flirtatious and cute maybe, but like carrying it on years into the relationship.
Speaker 2: But I think out of the gate it's flirtatious. I'm assisting on that. So anyway, Garrett says, we made out at the bar and then she came home with me. It was great, but she left before I wake up and is not returning my text. So he was really into it. It was like all seemed like all systems go, and then she bailed. So Garrett, good morning, thanks for coming on.
Speaker 7: Yeah, of course, guys, thank you.
Speaker 2: Here's here's my two cents. If you don't want us to make the call to her, I feel like she might have known you were just out for a crazy night and she was part of that, and she doesn't want to be part of that. After that crazy night, you think it's any chance of that.
Speaker 7: I mean, she seemed to be like pretty okay with it, and I don't know it went so well that like if she didn't like it, she probably wouldn't have, you know, saved with me that night.
Speaker 2: But how many times you texted her? How many times have you texted her.
Speaker 7: Since I literally just texted her one saying, like, so great meeting you. I'd love to see you again. Maybe like two texts, but yeah, no response.
Speaker 1: Garrett. This is definition one night stand.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that she might have realized that's what it was, and she was fine with it too, but doesn't want it to be any more. Don't you thinks anything.
Speaker 1: She left before you woke up? Right, I don't love it.
Speaker 2: Has anybody here.
Speaker 7: We done that?
Speaker 1: Me in my San Diego days?
Speaker 2: I think we haven't? We either we've all done or had it happened to us?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 1: I couldn't get out of there faster, I know.
Speaker 2: And you're trying to be so quiet.
Speaker 5: I can honestly say this has never happened to me.
Speaker 2: Well, what a buzzkill you are.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, there's a song for every foot out there.
Speaker 2: What anyway, Garrett, back to you, So we will call her and see we can find out. But I'm just saying, prepare yourself for her, like knowing that she was part of that story that night, since you were clearly on a mission, as you said to us, you had a rough week at work. You were just out for a crazy night.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, like I was just it was one of my coworkers got promotion, is bothering me. My boss had to talk with me about my attitude, trying to take my mind off it. Right next to her at the bar, and but I mean she I was wearing a black and white striped shirt and she was like, what's up, ref, it's this cute smile.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 7: And I was just hooked and we talked for hours. I ditched my friends. I mean like she was my crazy night. I wasn't like trying to have a crazy night. And then she tagged along. She became my night, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, well listen, Garrett, hold on one second. Her name is Lara. Is that right?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Lara?
Speaker 2: Okay, We're gonna try and track down Lara, get her to come on the air with us. We got her numbers to stand by. It's a second date, up date. Let's see why she got up quietly and didn't tell Garrett she was leaving. And now she's not responding to his text. So Garrett decides he had a rough week. You want to go out and blow off some steam, so he wanted to get wasted, goes to a bar. Does that meets this girl. They make out at the bar, they go home together. It's a great night. He can't believe it. She gets up before he wakes up, and she leaves, and then he texts her head this was awesome, great nightless hang and she doesn't text me.
Speaker 1: She's gone hoo dany right.
Speaker 2: Because we think, well, save this. Maybe Garrett should speak to do a leap. In a few minutes, he's gonna be here. We play that song. But anyway, the thing is, we think she knew that he was just on this crazy night and she was fine to play a part in that night. But after that, no more part. And that's why she got up and left. She snuck out before he could wake up. So, Garrett, we have Lara on the line. Be very quiet. We're gonna find out what the deal is here. Okay, yeah, sounds good. All right, here we go, Lara, thank you very much for holding on. We are here on the air. I've got myself, Ryan and sistaning Tanya. Good morning.
Speaker 1: Hi Hi hi hi.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna pry a little bit. Forgive us, but we're calling about a guy named Garrett who you met out when he was having a big night. Do you remember that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I met that guy at the Lincoln. Yeah, I remember him great.
Speaker 2: So he said that you kind of in a cute way made fun of his outfit, and then you guys ended up hanging out for the night.
Speaker 4: Yeah I did do that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What do you think when you think back on Garrett? What do you think about?
Speaker 4: I mean, he was he was a nice guy. Like we had we had fun.
Speaker 2: And is there more fun to be had with Garrett?
Speaker 7: You think?
Speaker 4: I'm not really sure that, Like we're a good spit to be honest, but he was. He was a nice guy.
Speaker 2: Now he Here's what we understand that you guys hit it off so much you went and hung out together that night. Is that right?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I did. I did go back to his apartment that night. But I don't know how you guys know that, but yes I did. I did go back to his apartment.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's very strange. We also know that you left before he woke up. Is that true?
Speaker 4: I did leave before he woke up.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's great.
Speaker 2: And just because you woke up early and need to get somewhere or what was the move there?
Speaker 4: No, I just feel like he has a lit growing up to do the next morning. I went into his kitchen because I thought I would just make some coffee or something to eat, and he literally didn't have like a single dish, Like, no dishes, no cups. He had paper plates and solo cup, no silverware, just like plastic takeout stuff. And that just wasn't really my vibe. So I just decided I needed to leave.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm just trying to think. There, you are in a new guy's house and you wake up to go into his kitchen to make yourself some breakfast.
Speaker 4: I don't well, I was I was going to like make us coffee like I was gonna do.
Speaker 1: I brought it back.
Speaker 6: They've already had a very intimate night, I'm assuming, right, So okay, so uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I'm grasping this. So everything was cool with Garrett. You have a good night, you spend the night. Then then you change, You have this change of heart the next morning after you wake up. You're not intending to sneak out, but then you decide to sneak out because you think it needs to grow up a little bit based on what you saw in his kitchen.
Speaker 4: Hmmm, yeah, I mean, I just he doesn't have to be like a perfect chef. Like great at cooking, but he doesn't even own dishes, like no pots, no pans, no bowls. It was just really really weird. And when I went in the fridge, he did have cereal and milk, but he had no bowls. So I was like, I have no idea how are even eating?
Speaker 3: And the red solo clops obviously, I mean, was it whole milk or was it a different kind of milk?
Speaker 4: No, it was like just regular like cow milk, like whole milk, cow milk.
Speaker 2: Huh okay, So is that a deal breaker for you? I'm going to tell you, milks tell me a lot about somebody. If you have milk, molk, you have some milk in there, that's.
Speaker 1: A big Maybe he just moved into this. Is that possible.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I mean I don't I don't think so. No, well, I don't think it's possible.
Speaker 2: Clara, thank you for your honesty that we're grateful for it. And I'm gonna tell you we know all this because Garrett told us this, because Garrett's on the phone listening to this. And then Garrett, now you know why she left because you have nothing in your cabinets. What is that about?
Speaker 7: Okay, Yeah, So I mean, you're right, I don't have that much of my cabinets, but I did just move out of my parents' house like pretty recently, so I just haven't done that big Target run yet, you know, Okay.
Speaker 4: I mean also, like, thank you for calling kiss to get a hold of me, Like I really appreciate that. Like when did you move out of your parents' house?
Speaker 7: I mean, like April? I mean, if I'm counting, okay, and this.
Speaker 4: Is what I was saying, how like I know that you didn't just move out because your bathroom was filthy. You clearly did not just move in. It was a really long time ago.
Speaker 7: Okay, But I'm going to do it though, Like I'm I am gonna like, I'm gonna do a shop. You know, we're gonna go. We could go to Target together.
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Is it just me? Or is this going well?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm so uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: I can't stop listening though.
Speaker 2: We should this.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: The thing I just want to and then we'll let you guys live your lives. But the thing I just want to be clear here is you did like the guy until you saw he had no cops. Is there any chance he can get some cops and you guys will have another good time together.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess, I guess sure, I would consider it. Why not? I mean that would be I think we did have a good time. Like I think you are a nice guy, but seriously, the bathroom was really gross and I'm I just can't step foot in your apartment until you promise me that you're going to clean that bathroom.
Speaker 7: Okay, that's fair, And I appreciate the feedback. And uh, you know, I'd love to pitch myself here. We made each other laugh. We had great chemistry, definitely good physical chemistry. Right, crazy will.
Speaker 2: Be the judge that I get out of the room quick. Let's just say, you guys call each other.
Speaker 7: I don't know, I speak for myself, but I mean, like, let's do a little targe. Let's do a little second day, little stuff from my place, maybe a little clean the bathroom together.
Speaker 2: No, for your head, He's gonna text you, thank you guys for coming on in good luckship. Good. When she said thanks for contacting kiss, I cringed myself. I wanted to go and hide. Can we talk about milk compatibility? Sure? So, I honestly, the more we think about this. Maybe it's because we live in Los Angeles, I don't know, and maybe it's because I have ball issues with full blown dairy. I don't know that I would totally sync up with a whole milk person.
Speaker 1: You can have your own milk.
Speaker 11: I mean serious, I agree, but I buy the three trees on the milk.
Speaker 5: I agree with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah see, I don't know. Ever since I discovered almond milk. First I was this way guy. Then I discovered almond milk, and I feel like I feel like a closeness to somebody that also needs almond milk for their situation, because anybody can have a whole milk situation, like I couldn't bless them. Yeah, good for you, but you deserve another whole milk person.
Speaker 1: No, you're gonna have your separate milks. But I know what you mean. I mean, Michael and I drink the same milk. Yeah sure, yeah, I mean I.
Speaker 3: Put powerful over my milk because I make homemade almond milk. And it's like, where.
Speaker 2: Did you learn that? Excuse me?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 5: Thanks? Girlfriend?
Speaker 11: Actually, did you make a video with a.
Speaker 2: Step by step?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: You did not know? You did not? She did.
Speaker 1: On air with a Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: It is a Tuesday morning. It's a great Tuesday. Tuesday is always the toughest day, right, Tuesdays the day we say we got to push a little harder. You know, all hands ne be on deck, But not today because Doua Lip has come in to put her hands on the deck with us.
Speaker 1: He's welcome.
Speaker 2: I noticed something very different about you. It's your hair.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it might be my hair.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I think last time I was in the studio here, I had a blonde hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so it's definitely your hair. I'm proud of myself recognizing good job, good joke. Is there symbolism in and it looks great? It looks great? Is there symbolism in that red?
Speaker 12: Symbolism? I don't know when I was.
Speaker 10: When I was making my new record, I just felt like I really resonated with the color red, and I felt like that was that's that was just my new vibe. Now.
Speaker 2: But when you walked in, there was a falsett of screams from Tanya.
Speaker 1: And now we've been excited. We've been waiting for your arrival.
Speaker 3: I've been listening to this new song on repeat since it came out on repeat, Yeah, it's I can't handle it.
Speaker 12: I'm so happy you like it.
Speaker 2: We're gonna play it and we're gonna I'm gonna get into the psyche of it in a second. But first, congratulations on the Grammys.
Speaker 12: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Grammy nominations.
Speaker 10: Massive deal, massive deal. I'm super, super super happy.
Speaker 2: What was the coolest or most interesting text congratulations text you got once people found out that you were two time Grammy nominee.
Speaker 12: What was the most interesting one? I don't know.
Speaker 10: I mean just the excitement that I think me and Mark Cronson and Andrew Wyatt and Caroline felt together. We have this group chat, and so it was just like, oh my god, guys, like this is so exciting. Can't believe we got two Grammy norms. And Mark and Andrew got one for the score as well. And I mean, the they they did really well this Grammy season. So it's gonna be exciting. I'm I'm super proud of everyone involved.
Speaker 2: Some people say that they don't, you know, fine, they don't really care if they get nominated. I don't know I would care, Like I'd be excited to be nominated for a Grammy.
Speaker 10: Definitely, you I mean, it's it's like I think, you know, some people maybe say, like, oh, it's it's not how you measure success, which I definitely don't think it's how you measure success. But it's so amazing to be recognized by your peers by you know, to have this like I don't know, I guess nomination or accolade aside you that you go, oh, like I did something that's really special and lots of people liked it, and and you know, it feels good of course, like you have that feeling. I mean, I definitely I feel very, very proud.
Speaker 1: And to be involved in the movie of the year.
Speaker 12: Yes, absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 2: Was Barbie your acting debut like a fish like a movie acting debut.
Speaker 10: It's it's it's the first thing that was like, I mean, acting debut.
Speaker 12: I did it. I did a little cameo, you know, but I will take it.
Speaker 10: You know, the fact that I got to be in a mermaid fish tail, I'm gonna lap it up for as long as possible.
Speaker 2: I loved it, did you, Barbie?
Speaker 10: You were well, I got asked to be Mermaid Barbie by Grass, but I got to I got asked to be the Mermaid Barbies plural, So I got to wear like four different fish tails.
Speaker 12: It was like the purple one, the orange on, the pink one.
Speaker 2: The blue one.
Speaker 10: I was like, it was really I was having a moment and I was getting carried around everywhere because I couldn't move in a fishtail. I was completely like, so I quite enjoyed just being carried around.
Speaker 12: I was having a real I was having a real Steve the moment.
Speaker 2: It seems like fun. So explain to us how you wrote Dance to Night. Did you see the scene that it was going to be featured in and then write to the scene and how how did you do it and how's it different from your normal writing process?
Speaker 10: It was completely different from my from my normal writing process entirely. I initially well, Mark hat asked me if I was interested in Mark Ronson yet, if I was interesting in working with him on this track, And all I saw was a dance rehearsal video of the whole cast in a dance studio like rehearsing to what was just the score essentially the strings string part. And I was like, oh, one thousand percent, I'm all over this definitely. I really I would love, love, love to do it. And I was more just kind of thinking about when was the deadline, when did we need to send it in, And it was just before they had started filming for Barbie. And I guess that the whole task of it was how do you write a song that's going to help tell the story as well, because it was happening, like the song happens on Barbie's best day ever, and it's just as Barbie's starting to have these thoughts of death right, and I needed to write a song that had all the excitement of the best day ever, and it had all the disco elements and the glittery pop disco stuff with then underlying lyrics of what am I going to do if everything kind of goes wrong? You know, how am I going to stay positive or optimistic in the face of things maybe not working out the way that I want them to. So that was kind of the the premise of it, and that was also the kickoff for the rest of the film as well, that kind of juxtaposition on throughout the whole film. So it was like, all right, regrets, I, We're going to make the dance crying song for that part, and that's how it was. It was just like really amazing because when I go in the studio and work on my own music, I write very much from just my own personal experiences, and this one was really diving into Barbie's world and her character and what her story was and what she was going through, which was really really fun to kind of go in and I, you know, have a task and have an assignment.
Speaker 12: I was like, this is something I really love and I enjoyed deadline.
Speaker 10: I saw deadline there was kind of it was not really not really a deadline because the film was already filmed then with the instrumental, so we had a little bit more time to get all the lyrics. But the best thing about that was that we had originally written the song. And then we went back in the studio again and we watched the song with the with the dance scene, and then I was like, oh wait a second, Like I think we need to just go back in and like do some rewriting. And there's like little moments where Barbie or Margo goes like she does a dance move like this right, and I'm like, oh, well, we have to put in like come.
Speaker 12: Along for the ride there and just like start tailoring.
Speaker 10: I was sorry, I'm waving my hands, yet I forget that I'm on the radio, and it was like, Okay, let's tailor little things to the dance moves to like really feel like we're scoring right the film. That's how the lyrics were written. So it was just a completely different experience. I absolutely loved it. Loved it cool.
Speaker 2: There's so many great layers to that song too. You know, you can almost picture it being played obviously here on the radio, but I can also see it in like a two story gold club in Europe along the coast, you know, after two am, and that's the kind of song that comes on.
Speaker 12: That's the idea, that's the idea.
Speaker 10: It's like that really late night, like things are getting a little messy, then this song comes on and you're like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: My second Yeah exactly. So you were saying that, chronologically speaking, this is sort of the first in a series of different stories, but it represents this is what I want to hone in on for a second, but it represents sort of the best phases or stages of single Them. Yeah right.
Speaker 10: I think it's just more like the different feelings and emotions that you have throughout the period of like single them, you know, it's I think also understanding. You kind of get to a point where you're like understanding what you want and what you need and what you deserve. And then it's kind of just a play on words obviously, like using Kudini like verb like this is great where I'm gonna Podini out of it, you know, Yeah, and we all use it.
Speaker 1: It's one of those terms that we have for sure.
Speaker 2: By the way, they said, I who DEI remember what was the Christmas party?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's gonna go, I'm gonna go request the song. We all want to hear the song. I'm gonna go request it. So he'll go, like request it and then he'll Houdini.
Speaker 2: I let them have some fun. But but it's but single them, you know, the good stages. Then that has an expiration date or it has a change into an next chapter or stories that sort of when you speak chronologically, what should we be thinking about?
Speaker 12: Well, I guess just like.
Speaker 10: It kind of goes into the phases of from figuring out single them into potentially a new relationship.
Speaker 2: And when you when you think about it, so then all right, so it's single them, new relationship, and then is there another single them?
Speaker 10: Then it's kind of like, you know, just kind of seeing if somebody can kind of keep up, keep up in a way I guess early days, early days. And then it starts getting a little bit more. You know, you're kind of starting to see through the Oh my god, this is like way hard.
Speaker 12: What am I talking about here?
Speaker 10: And then you're you're kind of like seeing the truth behind someone, whether they're real or not, who they are, what they represent kind of thing. And then you go into the phases of this is amazing and this is everything that I wanted kind of thing.
Speaker 2: And then that's when I get worried. That's no, that's when I get scared. No, it's going so great. That's when I worry the most.
Speaker 10: But it's going so well. You're like, all right, when's it going to go wrong?
Speaker 2: When's it going to go wrong? It's all going so well, something's gonna what's going to go wrong? But that's you know, my own issue.
Speaker 5: So wait, can ask you a question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, when you purge your entire.
Speaker 2: She said, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: When you before the song came out and you purge your entire Instagram, did it feel liberating?
Speaker 12: Oh, it was the best feeling ever. Oh, we can't do it. It was the best feel what you did?
Speaker 1: You archive or did you just delete?
Speaker 10: Okay, so they're still yeah, but they're not coming by, they're not going back there more just for me if I want to take a trip down memory lane or something.
Speaker 12: Okay, but really, I don't know.
Speaker 10: It just feels so nice to just have a fresh start and start something you know, new and it's motivating. And it's also nice to take a little break from social media because I think when I'm not posting that I'm not really looking. Also, it's kind of interesting because then I just stay on. I don't know, but yeah, it was nice to be off for a little bit.
Speaker 2: Let's purgege it would take me like a year.
Speaker 10: Well now on Instagram they've got the setting where you can do mass multiple stuff.
Speaker 12: Everyone in the background.
Speaker 2: Ready to purge a tech class after this, Julie, But thank you so much for coming in. It's always great to see you.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 2: We'll see the Grammys.
Speaker 1: With Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: I just want to note that Julip always here and everybody took some photos with I've never seen Mark producer jump across the table to take a photo with any of our guests have y'all.
Speaker 1: It's very rare. I mean, he was very giddy.
Speaker 9: Quick it became teenagers. My policy on this change. My policy was always never, it's not professional. But then Little knas X was in the studio, so I got a fixture and there little actually blaming Little nas X. You're all their friends, and everyone gets very impressed. So I'm continuing, Menzel got you. That was for the whole family.
Speaker 2: Now, exactly, Mark, So I see when the kids were not teenagers, they didn't care if you were cool or not. Now you have to show them that. Yeah, I have to prove that I'm funny. How when I'm right next to you, don't ask for a picture.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't ask Ryan for photos?
Speaker 2: One picture ever?
Speaker 6: Yeah I might have one picture with you myself, but that's not true.
Speaker 2: Every time I'm next to you, you guys ask to shoot videos.
Speaker 1: Well, we try to make the most of it, all right.
Speaker 2: Guys, I think we have to give some advice. Let's see here, Judy's on the line. Hi, Judy, thank you so much for Colin. How are you good?
Speaker 8: How are you guys great?
Speaker 2: How can we help you?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 8: My friends do a friends giving every year okay, and my one friend always hosts, which is super nice of her, And the list went out for all of you know, the assignment, whether it's something that you're bringing or something that you have to you know, do for the friends giving, which again is reasonable because she hosts us so that's fine, except this year I was put in charge of making the turkey, and I one has never made a turkey before, and two was kind of caught off guard because that's usually her thing, since it's like her house and she's hosting, and typically I feel like the turkeys made.
Speaker 1: Wherever?
Speaker 2: Are you on the readmill right now? Are you exercising?
Speaker 12: Am I?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: No, I'm not. I'm actually standing still in a room.
Speaker 2: That's weird. So here we are. You're gonna do the turkey?
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I am really not. I've never made a turkey before, and I honestly really thought she was going to do it. She's done it past years before, and before I bring it up to her, I don't know. I wanted to just see what you guys think, Like, is it rude for me to say, like, because you're hosting her, I feel like you would do the turkey you have before? And I don't want to seem ungrateful because she's kind enough to host all of.
Speaker 4: Us the turkey if we do not.
Speaker 6: Guests to bring the big old like castrole and the turkey in the around.
Speaker 1: And every time you make a left turn it gets.
Speaker 2: To get to your house, and my turkey's gonna stain the door and.
Speaker 6: You hit a bump and then all the juice goes flying.
Speaker 13: In the all I get it together, and Judy, you're like the sweetest sounding person.
Speaker 2: Just use your sweet charm and tell her what you told us and get yourself off the hook.
Speaker 1: I'll tell her. Give me her Instagram.
Speaker 8: I'm hoping what's going to work.
Speaker 3: Put the juice in a jar and a nice little glass jar. Put it in a big old foiled thing and cover it and if you.
Speaker 8: Go, you know, I hope it doesn't come down to that.
Speaker 2: Okay, good luck with this. I can't wait for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 7: You take care, Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Bye. I mean you you bring up to a pot luck, right, you bring cast roles and stuff. But I fact, if you have people over for Thanksgiving, then you gotta have the turkey.
Speaker 1: You're in charge of the turkey if you're the host.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, do you have to make a good turkeys?
Speaker 1: I rely one hundred sent on Michael for the turkey.
Speaker 2: Is that a skill of his?
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 6: He even has that turkey hat that you put on and he wears the apron and he really gets into it. He changes the recipe every year or so when we're hosting, right, but he's done like what is it called when you Brian brianet.
Speaker 1: He's done that before.
Speaker 6: We've done a deep fried turkey before him and my brother leave it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I leave that to him.
Speaker 2: It's a.
Speaker 6: Good flavor, yes, very good it is, yes, but it's like very crispy on the outside and juicy and tender on the inside.
Speaker 2: Let's keep talking about our turkeys because Tanya would want us to bring it to her.
Speaker 3: Clearly, my future mother in law is bringing the turkey for our things.
Speaker 2: Future in la.
Speaker 1: Why you guys should make.
Speaker 2: That she wanted to What are you doing?
Speaker 3: We're going to do all these because we're doing kind of pop luck style too, and so we're kind of seeing what everybody's going to bring and then we're going to fill in all the rest.
Speaker 6: I've got the cups, we've got the table, and I have the Sports.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tanya is a trending report, So go for.
Speaker 3: It, Tanya, So I said a no today could be a yes tomorrow. And I think that is the takeaway from this trending report. Because Victoria Monet So she is a singer, songwriter. She's out of Atlanta. She had a huge song this summer called on My Mama, and a lot of people also know her. She's written a lot of songs for Ariana Grande, like seven Rings, Thank You, Next, et cetera. So last week she was nominated for not one, not two, but for seven Grammys. And so I tell you this because back in September at the MTV VMAs, fans asked her why she wasn't performing at the VMAs, and she responded in a tweet she said, I see your advocation for me to have performed tonight, and I'm so grateful to you. My team was told that it was too early in my story for that opportunity, so we'll keep working. And so now everybody's eyes are kind of on the Grammys to see if they're going to ask her to be on the stage. But a lot of people are bringing back that tweet from September and just saying, look, it was too early for her to perform at the VMA's and she's up for seven Grammys and so amazing. Yeah, and actually her daughter, who's two years old, is the youngest person ever to be nominated for a Grammy because she's featured in one of Victoria Money songs.
Speaker 5: So at two years old as the youngest Grammy nominee.
Speaker 2: But you know, in our own mind, just thinking about like our own careers, and even the contestants said audition for American Idol that don't make it through sometimes the first time or initially because they're just not ready or they're just a little too young or inexperience, that no can be a yes later, and that no can create the yes, like that no fires and fuels the yes, even though we all were told no when we thought we needed a yes early on because we were ready, but we probably weren't ready. And that no, although in the moment, sucked, was probably the right thing to hear before we got the yeah. So I get it. So will she beat the Grammys?
Speaker 3: I think she's obviously going to be there because she's not made for seven. Who knows if she's going to be performing.
Speaker 2: Well we'll see all right. Thank you Tony for that. That's a good one. That's a mindful minute.