Speaker 1: Watch up and welcome back to another episode of No Sinners Podcast with your host Now, fuck that with your load, glasses, maloney, dog, what's the deal? Tell me?
Speaker 2: I don't know what what what the hell are we doing here today?
Speaker 1: You know what? Someone was on my mind. I saw this dope ass me and it was a really amazing me. Uh. It's a picture because of a candle, right, it's it's it's a it's a community of candles and they shaped like humans, right, but they're candles. That their head is candles, and they're headed to a podium where somebody is hanging. And the man that's actually taking it's a man that's his head is like a light bulb, and he's going to the place where people get hung at that the hangman is taking him over there, and and the hangman is taking him up there as everybody the candles look on sure sure and that that picture really resonated with me, like because I felt like this almost my whole life. I tweeted the picture on my Twitter at g Malone and somebody said, man, glasses, is that really what it is? Or do you just be going against the grain? And it goes back to some of you always joke with me and like man trolling, and it blows me away that people don't realize, like I don't believe in like going against the grain. Like every time I say something and people don't get what I'm saying, it's really frustrating and it's hella lonely. It's like I could have a conversation with somebody, right, like my top five favorite, excuse me, not the top my top five favorite. Like I look at professional sports, let's say basketball, by what you accomplished as a professional. What all of the things you accomplished as a professional basketball player in the league? Right, you know, how did you do as a rookie? Did you make the All Star? Did you lead in any league that you know categories? Did you make any all NBA teams? Did you win any league you know individual awards? Did you win a championship? Did you win any accomplishments extra because you guys won a championship like a finals MVP. Right, So I kind of go through these mathematical processes to really decide who's like how I would rank it, right, Like for example, Tim Duncan is the greatest power forward to me of all time. You had the greatest NBA career of all power forwards. The second one would be Dennis Rodman, the third one would be Gianni's Antetokunpo, the fourth one would be Kevin Garnett, and the fifth one would be Dirt Mayo. This is all not taking Bob Pettitt into thought, right, as you know. But people hear me say Rodman as the second best power forward right, which to me would make him a top ten all time NBA player, right. Because NBA is played in teams, it's five man there's no one on one. So I always look at the best five like the best five starting in a position, because nobody plays on one on one. If I try to make the league one on one who I thought was better, it wouldn't take into account anything but my ignorance in what could happen in a one on one basketball game because no body is playing each other in one on one. It's only a team sport. But this is Math saying this to me. Math said that. So when I say the best five NBA players of all time is Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Lebron, James Tim Duncan, Bill Russell, is because those five guys accomplish the most as an NBA player from those positions. The second five would be Steph Curry, Kobe Bryant, Larry Bird, Dennis Robin, and Kareem Abdujabbor. But people hear the term, they hear Dennis Robman's name, and most people immediately disagree because he doesn't score a ton of points. And then you'll hear this traditional argument of oh, you know, well, you know his offense, and I'm like, well, he's the greatest offensive rebounder, you know, considered the greatest offensive rebounder in the modern era. Sure that's offense. Yeah, Like you would look at kreemab du Jabbar scoring thirty points a game, and you wouldn't care that he averaged three assists. Who the fuck cares he averages thirty points. Well, if a guy is averaging seven assists, I mean, excuse, excuse me seven offensive rebounds, that's like nobody fucking does that. Yeah, not not in the modern era of hoops. Nobody's averaging seven offensive rebounds a game. Like, if you go back into the nineteen ninety six finals, I think Dennis Rodman broke the offensive rebounding per game record two or three times.
Speaker 2: Sure, he also broke the underhand outlet pass record several times.
Speaker 1: Right, So I look at his defense, I think Defensive Player of the Year. Like I've done enough math to understand. Since the invention of the Defensive Player award, the MVP has gone to an offensive situation. If you understand, the NBA values offense, right, because that's what selles seats. Ninety five ninety eight percent of the time, they're going to pick the offensive player that has the greatest highlights in the NBA at the time for the most part. But there's no true way to pick it. But the math gives me the consistency to think. You know, I wager on the math that has already been proven, and that's how I come up with my thoughts. So I can look at a Dennis Ridman, who is a two time Defensive Player of the Year, mind you, on teams that are the number one defensive teams in the NBA, not not all the time the number one offensive teams, but pretty much ninety nine percent of the times, they're going to be the number one defensive Player of the year with one of the best defensive players of all time. For sure, He's been the best defensive player on every team he's been on, and every team he's been on has had a top two or three defense, if not number one, they may have a number eleven offense, like the Pistons, did you know what I mean? Or the Bulls where you know the second and third year, they might have had a number four offense, right, but they had the number one defense. So I can see his impact on the court. But it's not because I'm a fan of Dennis Robbin. It's because mathematically I value offense and defense the exact same. So I equate the defensive Player of the Year with the MVP. Right. I equate great defenders with great offensive players, especially if they're accomplishing things like all defensive first teams, rebounding records, you know, defensive player of the year, whether it's block shots, steals, I equate that. And then so even when I'm looking from the offensive side, for Dennis Robin, he's the greatest offensive rebounder in the modern era for the most part. You know, maybe more es Malone can argue that, but people can't average six and seven offense. This is incredible. That would be like the equivalent of somebody scoring thirty five points a game. That's how rare it is on the offensive side of the ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, there's the spurt was shorter. But didn't Ben Wallace have a little run where he stacked up a lot of rebounding numbers for sure?
Speaker 1: But he's not even the offensive rebounder, and nor did he rebound the ball nearly as well as Dennis Robin. But he was the defender Dennis Robin.
Speaker 2: Well, I thought somebody, who the hell was it? Somebody says Robin put up like fifteen or sixteen boards a game for a few years.
Speaker 1: I think Drummond did really well drumming. But so what I'm saying, like, that's what I'm saying. It's like, even even with Ben Wilace out the fact that Dennis Robin is such an incredible offensive rebounder, I can position him even as a two way player. And most got Magic Johnson, who does get a ton of credit for really good defense. He had the steals record multiple times. Like great players figure out how to make a difference even if it's not in the traditional sense. Even if Magic Johnson isn't the greatest one on one defender like you can put on the basketball court, he still was able to make NBA League leading defensive things happen like the Steels title two or three times, and since he was an NBA player, no sillers, gl my brother Peter just working some shit out like usual. So the mathematics of it all is how I come up with it. I don't come up with this shit to argue with people, like, I'm not trying to start a fucking argument with people. Rest is sure. If I said something, it's because I've done mathematical work to come up with the thought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you appreciated my analysis of your style, being like, you get pushed to a point where everybody else in the room is saying something so absurd that you have to then say the rational and people think that you're trolling the room because the room's consensus is North and you're like, no idiots South.
Speaker 1: Yes, And for the most part, I will let them just say it. I will let people just say ignorant shit, bro Like, I will not keep thinking about it until it starts being overwhelming and it's a room full of motherfuckers saying bullshit. Then I gotta say something, Hey, man, that is not true. That is not true. I don't go around finding motherfuckers to disagree with I hate man. Disagreeing with the masses is such a lonely road. Like I was on a podcast with these two ladies, you know you in New York, the Horrible Decisions Girl Mandy and Wheezy Right and the girl were asking me. The girls were asking me, They say, man, Glasses, how do we meet a quality guy, like without going through the rigm Monroe or the bullshit? And I'm like, so they start. I start asking them questions.
Speaker 2: How do I get a bunch of money without having to have a job.
Speaker 1: Well, my thing was, I start asking questions, and mathematically I came up with, well, you shouldn't put out until you get married. That's who you will see who somebody really is, if you really want to see. And I mean it was six seven hundred, eight hundred women in my comments. You go look on my Instagram at Glasses low it's women cussing me out because I'm telling them the greatest advice possible based off the mathematics. Like it's not like I went into a Bible and picked up the wisdom of thousands of years. The mathematics says the same shit right now, And that kind of in that becomes the story of my existence all the time. Cuz, like right now, like one of the most important things to me, right and it should be to anybody in pursuit of something great is to succeed at a level that very few succeed, right, or really to maximize who you are. Let's say that, right, I know I can have a gold album. That's my goal, a gold album because at that point, if you have a gold album, you have broken through the underground. It don't mean you a star, like let's say Drake or Kendrick Lamar or Kanye West, but you're not underground no more. At least you're on top of the sement. And I know I'm worthy of being there right now, wherever.
Speaker 2: Else I go.
Speaker 1: Once I get from the underground onto the no I break through. Fine, But that's the goal. And I just keep talking to people around me bro like I'm like, hey, man, like we really are misusing technology when it comes to hip hop, Like we're misusing everything about being alive and hip hop right now. You know, we're not using any of the tools. We're still playing by rules that were created forty years ago for completely different technology. Like we feel like the guys in the nineties like were way smarter or better, and it's like, no, man, it's like back then. If you like the singles, they forced you to buy the album. They would spend all of this ridiculous money to work a single because they knew if you liked that single and you went to the store to buy it to hear it again, they was gonna be able to get fifteen or twenty dollars out your ass for the album. They purposely undership the singles because they didn't want to make three or four dollars on those cassettes. No, they wanted to make fifteen or twenty dollars for the compact. This the whole album. And then at that time you were forced to digest the brand of the artist you were buying because you heard all of the songs and they were really nice musicians, you know what I mean. So obviously doctor Dre was able to do with the chronic is brilliant and he gave you He presented a brand of a person that we all came to know and love, which is you know, Doctor Dre or Snoop, right, But we were very much forced into it because rest is sure, if they printed up enough CDs of g Thing and Dreda and let me ride in little ghetto boy. More people than not would have bought the fucking single. It's cheaper and it's what I want, So it's simple business. So I'm telling people that in in a climate that people really felt like singles market albums and they don't singles market themselves. And when I say something like that, bro, it drives people crazy. And I'm like, because so long the room has been saying singles market albums, that was the thought exactly funny.
Speaker 2: I was thinking in the car yesterday about remember that pareto distribution thing I sent you with you a while back, like a week ago.
Speaker 1: To them, Sure.
Speaker 2: It was described. I've seen that concept illustrated with the way that the USSR, like when they toppled the Ukraine and they had the massive famine because all the really good farmers got killed and they took all their land and gave it to the peasants. Well, the peasants were not good farmers, that's why they were peasants. And the good farmers were running all the farms. They were good farmers, so they couldn't come with any more grain, and they all died, so like and so far aside that applies to some music. The distribution is pounds of grain. It's not plants of grain, you know. So like now, the distribution metric is streams. It's not how many songs you make, how good the song, how many albums, know, it's how many streams. That's pounds of grain. It doesn't matter how many grain plants you have if you only get in one kernel of plant, you know. And I was kind of like the you like like exactly, kind of like what you're saying, like that, it's a it's a new paradigm the light bulb by all the candles. Every time you have a paradigm disruptor, it's hanging the disruptor. No one wants to deal with the disruptor. It's uncertainty. It creates problems. That could have been a bunch of combustion vehicles and an electric car. It could have been Fiat currencies and bitcoin. It could have been any of a number it could it could have been copper and graphy. It could have been anything, you know, but they chose candles and light bulbs. And it's a perfect illustration. And I think as far as music, goes Yeah, but it needs to start to shift from that album mentality. I mean at the end of the day, really, I mean, unless you love to death an artist, it's it's kind of hard, like it's it's it's not it's not saying it's hard. It's harder for the artists to hold the attention of the listener in a digital environment that's cloud based.
Speaker 1: Man, you just gave me a crazy idea during that conversation, Like, once I figure out what the minimum per stream is, like the minimum time, Sure, if it's thirty seconds, Like what if I took thirty seconds? Right if I told a story that was six minutes long over the same beat, but I broke it up because you could have zero you know, you can have zero space.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to look at like YouTube ads. YouTube bads are giving fifteen seconds if you don't say the name of the company in the first fifteen seconds until that skip button hits. How many times do I not know who the fuck even the advertiser was because they didn't get to the name of the company in fifteen seconds.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm saying, let's say, if it's thirty seconds, yeah, then I just make it one track two track, three track, four track. That's pretty good. It could be the same song, but space, you know, the zero space as a choice.
Speaker 2: So you get credit for fors to the credit for one boom boom. There we are.
Speaker 1: Okay, back to your point, forgive me. No, I was done, no, but I wanted to respond to it. But I was writing that idea as you were. It was hitting me stream metrics. What was the last thing you said? Uh?
Speaker 2: I said, Like, Now, I think about how how confining the album was. You're in your car, you have to put it in. You hit next, You're still confined to the same disc. You can only go to the next song. Now you're hit next, You're in a whole other genre, with a whole other artist and a whole other album a song. There's no more confines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, good point. But I don't think it's because the audience has a short attention span. I'm not saying it is no, no, Okay, okay, forgive me.
Speaker 2: I'm saying technologically speaking, the effort level, like the the physical actual barrier to leave the album now vers twenty five years ago, is totally diferent.
Speaker 1: Sure, you're definitely more convenient.
Speaker 2: At best, especially in a car. I mean like when they had the six discer and you had it on a shuffle. That's as much of a mix as you're gonna get. Fact now, Yeah, and you got cloud mixes now that people put together that have aggregated data that people now get spends and they get money because they just put together good mixes of other people's shit. They have a good.
Speaker 1: Channel, which is what a mixtape was. Yeah. Sure, so I think there is opportunity, right. I think there's actually more opportunity than ever before. But I just think you have to stop playing by old rules absolutely, and when either I bring these conversations to people because they make me feel like that fucking light bulb in a room full of candles, and niggas want me hung, because it's almost like everybody is my whole life, not just my music career, my whole life because everybody been forcing me to play ball. But the problem with the way most people are playing ball ninety percent of the time, ninety out of one hundred, there are the ten times, like my older homie Pluck, there is sometimes he tell me something that makes perfect sense, even because I'm not doing the math or I don't know the math in that arena, right, like gangbanging. He would tell me certain things because he understood the math better in that arena. But I'm having a conversation with people. It's not about that. Like nine times out of ten, they're just doing what they think they are supposed to do versus why it makes sense. And that shit is fucking frustrating, bro. And whenever you challenge, you know the room because the math. You're doing the math that everybody's saying, but you're coming up with a different solution. You're doing the equation, but the solution is different. You're doing the multiplication, but the product is different. You're doing the division, you're doing the adding, but the sum is different. You're doing the subtraction, but the difference is different. Yeah, you know. I mean, I'm not getting what you're getting. And it's easy, and I get it because I've been on people's podcast. Fucking Big Court got me like that one time. I'm saying something and he acted like when the camera's on, he didn't get it. And when the camera went off, he was like, yeah, I was just fucking with you to make conversation, And I was like, am I the only person I'm dead serious about? What I'm saying all the time, Like I don't think people really believe all. I believe all the shit I am saying. If I'm talking about Dennis Raman being the second best part, I believe it. And it's only because I'm doing the mathematics. I'm not saying who I like better. If you ask me who I would like better, the list would probably be completely different. If it was the five power forwards I like better or I like watching It's completely different than the five greatest you know which. We have accomplishments to come up with that thing. But people will I separate what they like from accomplishments, or they will not separate, you know, offense being the centers piece of what they like. Even though every last professional great, all time great coach or sportsman in the history of the thing will tell you defense wins championships. And that's why we play sports in the first place, is to win.
Speaker 2: Sure, John, the simplest math in assessing a team sport is what is your impact footprint, so to speak, on a team and how much did the team win? If you're the eighth guy on the importance hierarchy of your roster, I don't care that you're like like Jack Haley winning four rings or whatever, hanging out with Robin to keep him in line. I don't care about you, Jack, Sorry, sure, But like if your top one, two, three on a team and you got five or you got six, you got to multiply six by point eight five importance index score, you know what I mean, and then you get five. If you're Robert ri and you got six, but you're a point two five index score, you only got like one and a half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, But I think it just makes people feel better when they they can disregard me presenting a different solution to a problem that they never did the work on themselves. People, And I get why, bro, Like I think men hered me and you have talked about this. I don't think people are stupid or incapable of doing the work. I don't think they they don't have what it takes to do to work. I think they are Hella distracted in Hella lazy one or the other right to where people don't want to do the math on their own. They say, just give me the answer and then I'm a right to answer. It made me think like I took pride in taking tests. I'm starting to believe that that is not normal.
Speaker 2: It's not normal. I was the guy with the zero. Like, here's my high school life. I would get a low F on my homework score portion of the grade and a high A on my test score portion of grade because I don't want do any work. And then I would go before finals a week and negotiate with the teacher. If I get a ninety and eight or better on the final, will you give me a B minus and disregarded as assignments. I blew off because I have a ninety six percent test average, and the guy would think, you're never gonna get a ninety eight, so of course I'll offer you that deal. You're never gonna get it, And then I would get it, and I'd get my B minus and go home, and then I do every single fucking solitary class that they had to offer me. You know, I didn't learn the lesson of school, which is school is about learning a process and learning about time. All the things that school teaches you that they don't tell you that they're teaching you. I didn't learn those things. I would just learned the material that they were teaching me.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny that term you use, negotiate. I think we don't negotiate enough. I think a lot of things we're doing we're just taking what everybody's telling us what it is. Yeah, I think we need to really push that term and really push the idea of negotiation, because that was important. There's all kind of deals to be made, Like it's driving me crazy, Like I'm like, yo, I need to get a gold album, Like I have a gold single, but I need a gold album. Like I need my brand to sell five hundred thousand copies in America, Like that is my goal when I didn't have one, that I figured out what it was, and now to achieve it independently, it's such a challenge, Like there's very few there's very few companies who've done it, like Delicious Vinyls. And maybe I need to do some homework because man if I did it as an independent bro, that would be like incredible.
Speaker 2: Let's just just hear me. This is a very badly illustrated, off the top of my head scenario of the hypothetical. Let's take what you were talking about with short song concepts, and let's suppose you did I'll say, for the sake of it, like TikTok songs, songs that are short enough to fit within whatever the framework of the real length is, you know what I mean, And you just do it like r Kelly trapped in the closet, where you got parts want to do? Provide seventy eight and nine and it's a five minute song, but it's broken up into ten parts that are all thirty seconds. They proliferate in total through every platform in the world. You get whatever the hell astronomical total downloads are. They just qualify you on their paradigm for being gold. But you're the most viral name in the industry because you put together these stories that are consumable in total on every single platform by every single person on every single platform. And now you're more listened to in the aggregate than the next guy who certified gold. But you're not certified gold because your paradigm doesn't match into the systems and play because they are cane.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, but I think they would still certify you. Go then they just wouldn't certify the next guy. Goal.
Speaker 2: Okay, then be the new the first guy on the new system.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But see that's what I did with Tupac mus Die like that. Was the problem, Like like I was able to shake everything, but they pretty much you know, banned me, shadow ban me. Like this nigga is pushing out, you know, like Gangster Rap was in the early eight in the late eighties, where it was like this is too much. I mean it was it was crazy is it was too much? The intellect the thought of that it was a fear, you know what I mean, for people to have where it's like, damn, somebody could have this kind of power.
Speaker 2: The New Top was a five part series facts. They had twenty five million TikTok down Loows because they that's the fun anything. I was listening to some people talk about it, and I've thought about this for a long time because I have a few friends of mine that are not famous, but very very very good at social media and have built like very sizable followerships for themselves. The government's going after TikTok, right, they're trying to shut it down into a four sale of TikTok, and they're suggesting that China's doing ABCDFG. I don't think that that's necessarily true. They point to Sartain, but he could be. It could be, but it has a very similar feel to the five G Huawei hardware conspiracy, which turned out to be disproven, and they say, oh, well, China's pushing this idea. No, they're not pushing it. They have the purest, most finely tuned and distilled algorithm for virality of all the platforms. So when you have a smaller and expanding base of users and you have that type of purity, whatever gets hot early goes wild. It's a brushfire. So they had a brushfire of you know, topic A, B, C, and D that didn't happen on a already very hefty followership of like Instagram that has walls built up around what can go viral and how. And I don't think they TikTok perfectly honest with you, is guilty of what they being accused of.
Speaker 1: M Yeah, it seemed like to me when you use your brain and you do the mathematics to come up with that, like there's a group of people that don't want to think, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's not a group, it's there's a there are there is a group of people who want to think.
Speaker 1: M. Yes, it's just hell of frustrating, And I feel bad. I feel like a lot of people who listen to no selings. They have to be people like that. Yeah, I mean you have to be willing to do the work.
Speaker 2: Sure, I got a handful of like random like inboxes because of some and that was like that was a bit of a shots fired kind of like heat check post that I did about like with the Kendrick Kobe and and people got bent out of shape and I got inboxed about it by a handful of people, and only Mook was the only guy who knew exactly what I meant before I said it. So anybody who inboxed me, I just sent him like a forty five second voice message back. I was like I meant it in this context this way, and they're like, oh, I should just say so. So they got it, and they were all thoughtful people that took took, you know whatever. There was one guy who was the coolest guy and he's from Carolina and I got it. He didn't follow me, so it came up in one of those like hidden messages, and his profile picture is nip. I'm like, this is gonna be a death threat. I'm like, watch, I'm a clerless, It's gonna be I'm gonna dude was way cool.
Speaker 1: We had a.
Speaker 2: Conversation back and forth. Very thoughtful guy, but like this audience is a very intellectually intellectually engaged thinking audience. That's that's kind of the lightning rod that you know you've put up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, facts, do you think it's something? Do you think it's disingenuous to use those kinds of things that you know people are going to have emotional outrage too to make points because you know they're going to have emotional outrage to him.
Speaker 2: In a state of in a in an integrity vacuum. Yes, in reality, No, for the following reason. I think people are stuck in such a rut that it takes a light bulb in a crowd of candles to like rattle them and get their attention and serve as a catalyst to critical thought. Critical thought is in scarce supply these days, and it needs to be you know, there needs to be a spark to a lot of dormant gasoline. And I think that sometimes that's necessary. I don't think that it's wrong. It just depends on why you're doing it. If you're doing it for manipulative, stupid reasons or if you're doing it for righteous reasons, is more so where I would draw the line.
Speaker 1: Mm, I guess that's what we're saying, and that's what we're talking about, that morality vacuum versus what's needed in real life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we live in the age of platitudes everything, like from a lot of artists, particularly in a highly it's been a highly politicized environment for over a decade now, and all of it is the better the vaguer, you know, like Barack Obama's the first guy hope and change. What does that even mean? You know? And now it's like I'm campaigning for equality and prosperity or just some nonsense. I mean, those are just words, but people like them and they Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: There's things that bring joy or or excitement to people because those words hope and change are very much h viral words. There are very much things that create excitement, even if you're not specifically talking about what you're going to change or who you're bringing hope to or what you're for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and and that's absolutely playing to the moment in history where people do not do the critical analysis, what is the hope you're providing and how is the change going to happen to meet said hope? Diagram the apparatus. No one's doing it. They it's easier and cheaper and funner to just say the thing, you know, And I think that that's not you know, that's not a long term proposition. M hm.
Speaker 1: What it caters to the Maybe maybe that's the problem. Maybe, you know, Yeah, I'm never just going against the grain. Well maybe you know, people keep saying that, like I'm not catering to people's emotions enough, sure, or the emotions that you cater to welleah, cater to the end to make more than their emotions.
Speaker 2: Well, like here's a hot take. People have no problem discussing, like any quality of athleticism. Let's say, no matter what the athleticism, anything physical. It could be black people are faster on ground, white people are faster on water, whatever it might be. People are totally fine with a sesseg athletic. You know, variabilities of outcome and how whatever form did they come m People get real touchy about intellectual variability of outcome.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying is right or wrong. I'm just saying, wow, I would to assume that that guy by association could jump higher, but that guy by association doesn't do math.
Speaker 1: Real.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it's like.
Speaker 1: I think they do when they when they needed to use today benefit. I mean, my idea for why people don't think is I just think they're too consumed with everything else going on in life. I think people do drugs because they don't want to have to deal with real life. I think people get drunk because they don't want to have to deal with real life, almost as if they get to use it as a way. Like when I hear people say, well, I'm just trying to have some fun when they drinking, and I'm like, well, why not just have fun? Like, I don't get why do you need to do anything extra besides have fun? I'm confusing. It's a weird space where you, like, you know, people are going dates, women are let men take them on dates to places and drink alcohol, And why are you lowering your inhibition? And I don't want to think. Everybody who's ever that I know that's an honest person has told me alcohol is not really good. It's not a taste. It's not something you drink to taste, you know what I mean, Like, if you're going to drink, then they notice the taste, but compared to just beverages in general, it's not something that tastes good.
Speaker 2: So nobody puts alcohol flavor artificially on things. That was one of my early comedy bits was about, don't tell me your pussy tastes good. There's no pussy flavored ice cream. There's no pussy flavored sauce or condiments that you put on other things to make them taste better. And the same hole is true for alcohol. Nobody pours alcohol on a steak because it's a little tough.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying so so I'm saying it's like like people are making decisions. It's so many decisions being made on autopilot. And when you stand up in a room and say, hey, man, why are you doing that? If if this is not your goal, it's like they don't want to think. It's like you're pushing them to think, and it's fucking frustrate man, Like so many shit you shouldn't even have to be pushed to think about this generation.
Speaker 2: And it's true in the micro, and it expands in the macro. I don't really believe a lot personally in groups and group think. I think, I mean, like I know, it happens, happens but I think that it's reverse engineered in the way it's delivered. A group is just a group of individuals. You know, if you get the individuals to look at this thing in the same way, then it's now of a sudden you have a group think but you don't. But this our generation and the ones younger than us, there was a turning point. It's some somewhere where the priority shifted from opportunity to security. And I think it was when stuff got good enough to be good enough. Now people are like, look, just give me the bare minimum and the least amount of headache and that's okay, where seventy years ago the bare minimum wasn't good and that it wasn't okay. So people had to have they had to have ambition, they had to have, you know, a pathway to get to what was okay, because what was okay wasn't right in front of them. And I think that that's you know, manifested itself through every aspect of society. Now, that's kind of like, principally speaking, I don't care you smoke weed all day. I don't like, I don't It doesn't bother me. The legal weed doesn't bother me. But I can't sit back objectively and say I don't come to California and go this has become a problem. There's too many people to smoke too much weed too much of the time, and very few of them are not negatively impacted by doing so.
Speaker 1: Hmm. I'm just I'm thinking, where is the meeting ground? Right? Where is the meeting ground to? I don't know, like, because I could never just assimilate into people that like. I won't call it group thought because they're not thinking at all. But I could never assimilate into a space where I'm not doing the math, where I'm not doing the work, where you could just pass me the answer. I could never assimilate into that society. But somewhere along the line, for the sake of doing business, I have to connect to people.
Speaker 2: I think this is a big difference. I don't think you should ever assimilate to the lowest common denominator, or at least even to the most common denominator, if you don't understand why you're doing it. But if you understand why other people have assimilated to that common denominator, you can relate to that catalyst and you can provide an alternative spark, and I think that's kind of more So you have to be able to do if you're engaged and other people are not engaged, you have to understand why are they not engaged, what are they engaged in? And how can I get over there into that space to which they're engaged.
Speaker 1: What's funny is so I promise also to forgive me. I promise myself well when I do podcasts here and I will take notes to smart.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: I've noticed a lot of really dope artists, not a lot, but a decent amount have said they're going to dumb down, right. I've heard jay Z reference dumbing down, and it's like, I think you dumbed down to take advantage of people.
Speaker 2: I think that's true to a degree. It depends on your starting point.
Speaker 1: Well, I think you dumbed down to only take advantage of people. First off, if you reference people like their dumb because notice in this conversation, I've never referenced people as dumb or and able to think right or stupid. I think they are. There are people that are ignorant, they don't know. I think people are lazy because they've been conditioned, or I think people are distracted. Life throws so many different things that you bro that you are distracted, so you can't people are depressed. Well, I think the catch is to get smarter. Yeah, Like I think dumb and down may have access you into millions of people. Right. Like, let's say if you dumb down as a rapper, right, you you get to you know, millions of people, right, two million people, because if you're dumbing down, you're speaking their language. But what if you get smarter and then you appeal to five hundred thousand people that can move the world, Like instead of trying to pass a message to trillions of sheep, you pass or you five hundred shepherds to five hundred of shepherds, and then you still move the sheets either way.
Speaker 2: I get that, and and that's that to me, is is a concerning statement that jay Z, that's what you said.
Speaker 1: Right, he said dumb down double my dad.
Speaker 2: The dumb down his his content or river. I've heard numerous people on the complete other end of the spectrum of society quote what's guy's name, Rush Limbaugh mm hm, saying never disrespect your audience, Never assume your audience is not smart enough for what you want to say. Yeah, you know, and I think that that's violent valid. Uh It's like, I'm gonna nerd out for a second. It's gonna be way nerdy. I've been I invested in this company called Versus AI. They're different, They're a whole different system of artificial intelligence. Their cognition is defined by and they actually have like on their c level board, like one of the leading neuroscientists of the brain and how the human brain works, like in the world. So they're modeling their entire program model after how the human brain learns, not singularity they call that. They say, we're multiplicity in Navidia chat GPT is singularity. So singularity and the current paradigm of AI is what's the most common answer based off this massive metadata of whatever the fuck when you ask a question. All that means is you're taking everybody and stuffing them at the high part of the bell curve. You're giving everybody a one hundred IQ for better or worse. The other apparatus is we're going to take our program and it's going to operate that the human brain is going to learn by trial and error, the same way that you know an adolescent eagle learns how to catch a fish, the same where a human being learns how to not crash a car all those other things. So it's outcome oriented. And I think that dumbing down is just a cheap way to try to hit the high part of the bell curve, you know, whether you're in it or not in it. And that's kind of the general gist in opposed to trying to figure out, all right, the high part of the bell curves here, they're focused on this, how can I get the high part of the bell curve by adjacents. It's like a you know, like a bright light if you ever. If I'm looking here and there's a bright light over here, I'm going to see it thirty degrees away, one hundred and seventy degrees.
Speaker 1: Away, I'm not going to see it.
Speaker 2: How can I get my bright light thirty degrees away so that they all see it? Kind of thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that. Well, yeah, I just have to get smarter. I have to get wittier. Smart is all about wit. I have to get wittier, sure and not. I don't have to dumb down. I need to get wittier, Like fuck, if people you know it bothers people like I know I'm doing the math, but I just need to get wittier. I need to get I need to apply more with I don't need to dumb down. I need to get smarter. I need to really you know, like I said, is if I get smarter, it works out.
Speaker 2: Sure, maybe you need to get I don't want to say more casual. But one thing I thought was very very interesting you were talking about with regard to the Kendrick Lamar Drake thing, was how and like, I'll be very frank, this recent stuff is the first Kendrick stuff that I really liked. Sure you know, I'm not knocking the guy I met him.
Speaker 1: Understand that God has that has definitely God has done a fantastic job. God has done a fantastic job of making his music really overly sophisticated at times. And he's a really intelligent dude, you know, real smart, no music. But he also knew how to do the same damn thing without it being that way. But I think, you know, he probably has a really great reason. One thing I can tell you about everybody at TDE, whatever they're doing, they doing it on purpose. Whether that's cute, whether that's die, whether that's so, whether that's Jay Rock, or at least that batch of people. They're doing it on purpose. This particular situation he didn't like because it needed to be kind of instant, like he didn't have enough time to me to over complicate things.
Speaker 2: That's my point. You had said that this recent release was the closest thing you have observe to actually knowing him in person. Sure, if you were to walk open the door and there was five hundred people outside, what's the voice on two seconds? Notice that you would use to talk to five hundred people one at a time as they were just kind of all you know, in your face and shit like that. And that needs to be how you You need to take that moment and not overthink it because you're likable to the masses at the drop of a hat, you know, take that experience into the studio because it's gonna be you wouldn't oh my god, as far for people outside. Let it come with the most sophisticated way to not relate to them. But I'm gonna be really really highly intellectual in the process, and I'm gonna walk outside and make a statement and they're all gonna be like, what the fuck was that? And I'm gonna go back and side, you know, roll out, do exactly how you would naturally do, where everybody likes you of all scale, shape, size, and whatever. And that's the voice you got to bring to the studio because it's the most natural, it's the most and it's the most socially developed into being you know you and why you're likable as a person.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's a good question. Appeal to two million sheeps or five hundred thousand shepherds. Excuse the dame million sheep or five hundred thousand shepherd. I keep forgetting those words of plural.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure, it depends on the endgame. If the end game is if the metric of grain is streams, you probably want to go straight to the sheep. If the metric of grain is social impact, you might want to go to the shepherds. It depends on how you want to value your grain.
Speaker 1: But you don't think the shepherd drive the sheep.
Speaker 2: I don't get the sense. I don't know the metrics. That's sort of kind of like tantamount to marketing directly to DJs or mixed guys digitally, assuming that if they put your shit high on their mix via some sort of payola apparatus that you're gonna get bang for your buck, whereas that may or may not be true. If you put content out that just plane hits to the masses, they're gonna put you on their mix. So, I don't know, it's a little bit different in that regard, and I don't know the nuance is enough personally.
Speaker 1: And looking out for tuning into the No Sellers podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, comment, and share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA and produced by the Black Effect Podcast Network and now Hard Radio. Yeah