Speaker 1: Hey, y'all, is Lolaurna Rosa with the latest with Lorna Rosa on Black Effects and I cannot wait to see you guys at the fourth Annual Black Effect Podcast Festival. Okay, we're coming back to Atlanta, Georgia on Saturday, April twenty fifth at Palman Yards and it's hosted by me alongside DJ MV and Charlotte Magnea.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 1: We got Drink Chance of Noriega and Djafing. We gotta keep it positive, Sweetye with My Girl, Christopher Nate Haslin. We got Reality with the King with My Guide that my brother of Carlos King, and y'all know he does reality commentary like nobody can now. We also have Don't Call Me White Girl, the podcast I Love Mona and Club five twenty podcasts, along with the Grits and Eggs podcast.
Speaker 3: So this lineup stack Baby, turn Up. You're also gonna want.
Speaker 1: To check out the panels that we have lined up too, Feature and Cab on Stage, Pika Sumpter, and John Hope Bryant, just to name a few. Of course, it's way bigger than podcast. We're bringing the Black Effect marketplace with black owned businesses, but the food truck Court to keep you fed while you visit us. Okay, listen, you don't want to miss this. Tap in and grab your ticket down at black effect dot com slash podcast festival.
Speaker 4: Reality with the King is hosted by me, Carlos King. I'm an executive producer who have produced some of your favorite shows from the Real Housewives of Atlanta, New Jersey and my own creation, The Love and Marriage Franchise and Bell Collective. Every episode, we recap reality television from the Real Housewives Franchise to The Bachelor or Selling Sunset. In addition to celebrity guests, whether in the unscripted space or scripted as well. Rain Drops, Claudia Blue and I and Jasmine Helly Bram will be joining us in a bit. We are here to talk about the latest episode of The Real Housewive of Atlanta. This episode had a lot of moments as I was watching it where I could not wait to talk to you ladies about this.
Speaker 5: So let's get right into it. The episode. Are you freshening up your gloss? Blue?
Speaker 4: Because there's a whole bunch of shit talking that I doesn't about to happen.
Speaker 5: So the episode opens up where we learned.
Speaker 4: You know, Kim Michelle had her operation, she had glam beer. Her husband's there and she is happy that, you know, everything is looking better for her.
Speaker 5: She still has a lot of ways to.
Speaker 4: Go due to the leakage of her button plants that she has been extremely open about that occurred. And then we see in the next scene that the ladies are at a nail salon. Okay, so this nail salon included Porsche, Phaedra, and Cynthia. Kim Michelle walks in with the help of an attendee who works at the nel salon, and she starts to tell her exactly.
Speaker 5: What's going on. And on top of that, we get to see the ladies here for the first time. What really did happen?
Speaker 4: Oh, Jasmine here, Let's bring on Jasmine, Hi.
Speaker 3: Afterew Monday. Hey Claudia, hire Blue, nice to meet you.
Speaker 6: Welcome, Welcome, Oh, Carlos.
Speaker 2: Isn't a group situation with the ladies Charlie's angels?
Speaker 7: I love it?
Speaker 4: Good morning, Carlos, Good morning Angels. Yes, I am surrounded by beautiful women. It reminds me of my entire years in school. So, Jasmine, you came in at the right time. Because we're talking about the nelsonon scene. We're just getting started on the Real Housewives of Atlanta and how kay Michelle had the operation.
Speaker 5: She's on the men's she decided, look, I'm here to work. Okay.
Speaker 4: She got off the surgery table and got in on the chair to get her Petty and Manny. But before she could even enjoy that, she's telling the ladies about what happened. And then Porsche blurted out, oh, you got a miscarriage, and we see Kay Michelle in that moment laugh at office that no girl did it. But then in the confessional we learned that she's not too happy about what Porsche blurted out, and that carried the entire episode. I want to start with you, Claudia. Listen, people are divided. Uh huh, people are divided with Kim Michelle feels strongly and we'll get to the other scenes in a second, but in her confessionals, in this scene, she feels strongly about what Porsche blurted out, so much so she referred to her because I like to make sure I get you know, people's statements right, Cay Michelle says, I don't know if she is serious.
Speaker 5: Or dumb. Yeah, well, well, Audia your thoughts.
Speaker 6: She is dumb. She is dumb.
Speaker 2: You will never be able to convince me that you didn't know what the hell I was talking about when Porscha and if y'all caught this she and I was ready to say before I watched the whole episode, Okay, you know, maybe she wasn't trying to be shady when they met and they had they met up, right, But no, because Porsche caught herself and she says, the surgery you had for eight year, so she knew about this butt thing that ky Michelle was dealing with. They talked on the phone, and I don't give a god damn if I we both had miscarriagters. You never say nothing like that in front of a group and a public setting at a nail shop with cameraman, producers, and you're on a show that.
Speaker 6: Is not the place for it.
Speaker 2: You let Cay Michelle say if it was a miscarriage, Oh you get a miscarriage to say it's so insensitive like that. I feel like port would be playing in people's faces. She does, and I'm sure she'll go on some little stupid show and say that I need her for Cloud. Someone just told me that the comments I don't need you for Cloud, Porsche. I've not followed your page since you were on Dish Nation. Okay, so I don't need you for Cloud, but I can I'm not blinded by your acuteness. I can call it for what it is. It's never okay for you to be so casual about a miscarriage. And even if you thought that was it, you would maybe pulled to the side and be.
Speaker 6: Like, was that did you have a miscarriage?
Speaker 2: You don't say that in front of everybody because you just don't do that. That is a very sensitive thing to talk about. And I think she plays in her face and play stupid.
Speaker 6: But oh no, no, who me, No, I didn't mean that or.
Speaker 2: I've had them too. Do not believe that that port She's dumb. But she's also very conniving. She's also very me she knows what she's doing. She's a reality TV veteran, and people she does not get away.
Speaker 6: You do not get to pass that.
Speaker 2: You've been doing it for too many years and you know better. I think Porscha sees what we all see. All the attention that ky Michelle was gonna get. She's she's very much a very strong personality, and I think Porscha, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I think that was some nice, nasty shit she did.
Speaker 2: Right then. I didn't think that was cool at all. I didn't think it was cool at all. I don't care if you thought it was a mischaracter or not. You don't say that out loud in a nail salon, in a public place where the freaking nails text can hear you say that. No, no, You'll never be able to convince me otherwise. I'm sorry, and yes I'm biased, and I'm not apolsizing for it anymore.
Speaker 5: The fuck it, Jasmine Heiley Brown.
Speaker 8: I agree with Claudia's reasoning, right, Like, I the way Portia said her tone of voice was like a miscarriage, like she was joking. But I was like, that's actually not something you joke about, right, So like as someone who has like maybe a darker sense of humor, it's still not something you joke about, Like it's something so serious, like it should never be you should never be taken lightly. Right, And then she did say it in front of a bunch of people, and then she tried when they want to go meet up, She's like it was a safe space, not a safe space for Kaye. Michelle Show is just getting to know these ladies. So like, even if that was the case, you don't know if that's something that she was ready to share with everyone else. And so, Carlos, when you said, like people are divided, I'm very curious about, like what what the other side is saying, Like are they saying she didn't mean it maliciously or like.
Speaker 3: I might I'm on the other side, Okay, I would love to know.
Speaker 9: Oh, hey, blo, I think the debate isn't about what she said taky. I think anybody, even a Porsche fan with any sense, would agree it's tacky, right. I just disagree that it's malicious. I think there are two things that play here. Porsche is someone who we've seen since her very first season struggles with intimacy, emotional intimacy. Whenever things are serious, she either makes a joke or she has dark humor, or she's flippant, right with the Shemia thing. Whenever Shemya tries to have an emotionally intimate conversation with her about the friendship, you see how dismissive Porscha is. Oh, nothing's a big deal, nothing's a big deal. But then she talks crazy and the confessional Samiah walks on egg shells as if she knows that Porscha doesn't like to do things that are deep. So I think, on one hand, we have Porsche who things that are supposed to be seen as sacred. She's not the best at honoring those things, and she's entitled right now because she's the Gazelle Bryant of the franchise currently right I think the combination of her flippancy and her being entitled and feeling like she can do what she wants, and her sucking at emotional intimacy made her do something tacky and lazy. But I do not agree that it was directed at k Michelle. I think it was just her being misbehaved and having no manners, and kay Michelle just happened to be who was directed at.
Speaker 7: And I actually do believe.
Speaker 9: When she realized that her sloppiness had offended Ky Michelle. What I saw in that dinner was you could tell that the Porschia, who's usually defensive, was actually trying to have some emotional intelligence because she actually respects Cave Michelle.
Speaker 7: I saw somebody who's.
Speaker 9: Messy doing their best to be less messy with someone that they actually fuck with.
Speaker 6: And this is why I disagree. This is why I disagree. Okay, Blue, save me and you on the phone?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: We cool?
Speaker 2: We actually like each other, right, we rock with each other, right, And we've had conversations. And I've told you on the phone right about my surgery that has gone left. Right, We've had conversations about it. You've given me advice. I've had an issue with this implant. It's leaking, something's wrong, And I've told you I've been dealing with this for eight years and it's a thing. How are you now playing that dum where you just forgot all those conversations about this and you think it's a miscarriage. And if we're if we're cool enough for me to talk to you on the phone about this surgery, don't you think if I had a miscarriage, I probably would have said that on the phone to you then as well, Like I like, like, I don't know, I just felt like that. I don't even throw that out, Like, what are you doing?
Speaker 9: That's assuming a clarity and present tense personality that Porscha doesn't have. I have an assistant who I love. Right, she is a little bit Porscha like, So maybe this is why I see it differently. I could literally say to her, Hey, I'm gonna be on Carlson's show at four pm Pacific, do not comment four pm Pacific. She will still text me fifteen minutes in the show be like, oh, I'm sorry, I know I heard, but I forgot right. Porsche is a very This is not me showing her bell. I think that in Ky Michelle's the Surgery, Bruce, respectfully, it's such an old story. I was watching the episode when I was doing my makeup today. My makeup artist said to me, she said, oh shit, she's still going through that.
Speaker 7: I thought that was over.
Speaker 9: Just because something is common knowledge doesn't mean it still feels current. And so what I'm saying is I believe Kamashell had a conversation with her. I just don't think that Porscha's always listening. I think Porscha is very self absorbed. Porsia, She's very self absorbed. We've seen episodes of people saying things to her, and the very next scene, who said that it's literally one of her memes. I think, literally, Porscha I don't want see her in Bell. She might be a little dumber than y'all giving her credit for. I think she was absent minded and messy and then tried to clean it up and now we all think she's a brilliant master bider. And respectfully, Porsche, it looks like I'm looking out for you. I just don't think you're briding have to pull this off.
Speaker 2: I'm that's even more reason for ky Michelle to have a red Why I go up Because if I sat there, heard the intimacy of the the seriousness of a medical thing I'm going through, and you didn't even listen to me. But then the scene you throw a miscarriage, I think that's a major red flag. And I do believe careless though I do believe that came to Shell feels similar to what I'm I'm looking at it because the way came Michelle faced, but she was like, wait what I told you? And Porsche did Actually she did even remember her telling her about her surgery, which I don't even know if that's.
Speaker 6: True or not, because Porsche is a liar.
Speaker 3: It was a bad joke. Pora made like she tried to make a joke.
Speaker 8: Yeah, she tried to make a bad joke and it just isn't something to joke about. And it turned came Michelle off rightfully, so turned off us as viewers, rightfully.
Speaker 3: So that's just nothing you joke about.
Speaker 8: But yeah, Porsia, you know we Porsia literally I sit home on the Traders because she just talks without like thinking a lot of times like yeah.
Speaker 4: So with that being said, because I do want to ask this, Okay, Jasmine, you just said Porscha got kicked off the Traders because she says things that she doesn't think about.
Speaker 5: Louis saying, I just think.
Speaker 4: She's aloof and she's she's she didn't mean any ill intention to it. Claudia, in the beginning, you did say, okay, I have I watched the full episode because I first I thought, okay, maybe not. So my question maybe she didn't mean any ill intent. So my question is and and and again I'm not a woman, so I don't I don't feel the need to insert my opinion on the sensitivity of you know what what what what women go through, the miscarriage and all of that. Obviously, I know, I know it's a horrible experience. I was just told the other day because I was, I was on a me and a friend, was out with two other friends and then you know me, I'm a talker double days.
Speaker 5: Is that.
Speaker 6: Carlos right now?
Speaker 5: He is in heat Jasmine? And then they were they were like, Carlos, you're so inappropriate.
Speaker 4: I'm what you're talking about because I asked questions but that but that that's my makeup.
Speaker 5: So my question is, on one hand, was.
Speaker 4: It a slip up or do you do y'all think there was malice behind it?
Speaker 5: Cause I think that. I think what's.
Speaker 4: Divided by the audience that I'm answering your question with the jasmine. They're divided because people are saying, Okay, was it a fucked up thing to say?
Speaker 5: I can give you that, But was it malice behind it?
Speaker 4: And that's the question I have to you three ladies, starting with you, Claudia.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't never know what's going on in her brain because I don't talk to her or something.
Speaker 6: You know, I don't. I don't know her like that anymore.
Speaker 2: So I guess we'll see how the season unfolds. If it was malice, like you know, if she changes it up and doesn't you But again, then we could be like, all right, are bad she will oh my bad.
Speaker 6: It wasn't malice.
Speaker 2: It was a true mispeak, because we can all misspeak, right, that is true. What made me change my mind was during the Confessionals when we find out that Porsche had been on the phone with Cay Michelle and ca Michelle and she even said, you've been dealing with about your butting that you've been dealing with four eight years.
Speaker 6: And she stopped herself.
Speaker 2: She didn't go back and watch, she stopped herself when she was saying this, So uh okay, you just have to be so dumb to think that that could be to just throw that out there. And maybe I am sensitive to this. It has nothing to do with an obsession or a thing with Porsche. It has to do with being a woman. In the topic of miscarriages, anyone that's ever had one, If anyone ever throws that out there before you're ready to put that out there, or to even say it in a joking way, abortion.
Speaker 6: Or even a miscarriage.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'll say a lot of things about people, but I'm not touching that like that is something that like it's very personal to the woman, and you don't put you don't get to say that in front of an misspeak or not. That is something you just gotta like and you deserve smoke if you do. What is wrong with holding someone accountable for saying that. Whether it was ignorance, misspeaking, or being oh malice, it's still bad, you guys, it's still bad and it's not hate. I would I would if anyone said that, I'd be like, yo, chill, just chill. I just think that's just so such a personal thing, and that's I don't know. It's one thing when you've been on the phone with me, I've been talking about what I'm going through. If I say, oh, I had surgery in my eye and then in front of everybody go, oh you your new titties are just got bitch?
Speaker 6: Were you not listening to all the conversations I had?
Speaker 2: That's what made it for me, like, wait, what Either you're a bad friend and you just never listen to me on the phone, or you threw my business out there, or I don't know, it's just there's no good solution to it. And I think all too often we blushed brush off as oh she's dumb, it's cute, she misspoked, Oh y'all being too hard. Listen, she's a veteran, she's a TV veteran at this point.
Speaker 5: So yeah, but I am.
Speaker 2: Glad that Cay Michelle seems that she's able to move on from it. That's more important than what I think about it, that they are able to move on. So she's probably like, all right, I hear you, but I'm gonna keep one eye on you if it happens again. But if it doesn't, then it's all good.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 8: And I think to Blue's point that she made earlier, the reason I don't think it's it was malicious or she had malicious intent because she did seem to like genuinely feel bad when they were doing their like one on one lunch. So when she said it, it landed horribly. And I didn't know at that point, like was she trying to be shady whatever, It's just a bad joke, move on. But when they were on that one on one, Porsche was not her usual, like Blue said, defensive self when came Michelle confronted her. And so that for me, that's the reason why I could probably say she made a bad joke, like it didn't land It was a really sensitive topic, but she probably did feel really bad about that. Porsia herself said she had experienced miscarriages, right, so like she knew that it was not something to joke about.
Speaker 3: So I do.
Speaker 8: I don't think she had malicious intents, but you know your intentions doesn't mean like that's the way that it's gonna land, right, So, like you might not have intended for it to be malicious, but the k Michelle received it, it probably felt like that for her. But yeah, I think I think Portia did a decent job at like attempting her her version of taking holding herself accountable and like taking accountability and willing being willing to move forward after being confronted for something that she did.
Speaker 9: Yeah, intention doesn't negate impact, but misspeaking of my intentions does cost further harm. So it does matter if you say I did something on purpose that I agree was fucked up, but I didn't do on purpose, because me fucking up is the mistake that I'm willing to take accountability for. You insisting I did it on purpose when I know I didn't is now attacking my character and creating a home problem. So it actually does make a difference when you misspeak on someone's intentions because.
Speaker 7: I was perfecttion. If ilso misspeak to Carlos.
Speaker 9: Right now and I was mortified, I would be sincerely sorry, but I would be deeply offended if he then tried to tell me I meant something I know I didn't mean, because now you're telling me something that is not your place to tell me, and you have to either believe me or not.
Speaker 7: But it is offensive to be.
Speaker 9: Sorry and then have your character attacked. So it does actually matter if she intended or not. And I'm going to say something that I'm always remiss to say on camera, and I was listening to Claudia talk and I was like, oh, I have to say it now, Porsia and I suspected this for a very long time. I am someone who got diagnosed as nor divergent at forty one. Porsia does a lot of things that are I don't agree with, that are conniving, but are there are these moments where she looks sincerely like, oh, I didn't read the room. That is an undiagnosed nor divergent person. There are people who for years superimposed intentions on me when I said tacky shit because I didn't read the room properly. And I've wondered for a very long time if she does have a glimmer of Nord divergence, because the confusion that she has when she's like, oh, that's not what I meant at all, My bad, and then she feels attacked.
Speaker 7: That's actually something that happens to a.
Speaker 9: Lot of undiagnosed nor divergent Black women, where we say something wrong, we feel bad. Everybody else is saying with Claudia is saying, well, it's obvious everybody would know better. Your brain sincerely doesn't know any better. And now you're feeling offended because you're feeling misunderstood because trying to tell you an intention that doesn't belong to you, even though you actually feel bad about your impact.
Speaker 7: And so I'm not gonna diagnose Porsche.
Speaker 9: I would just say, though, if anybody in her life ever had an opportunity for her to get tested this scene. Actually, the reason why I'm showing her grace is I've been the portion of this situation and you were all wrong. I've been the Porsche who has said something tacky because my brain didn't clock it and I know better, and my intrusive thoughts one and now I've said sorry, and I meant it, but everybody's adding thoughts about my character that's completely it false. So I think that's why I'm sensitive to it, because it can actually be a mistake. I've been the person where it was a mistake and everybody was convinced that I should have known better.
Speaker 4: This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show.
Speaker 2: I would love to get that kind of grace.
Speaker 6: Always wish I knew that, felt like.
Speaker 5: I have gotten it.
Speaker 9: So so it's not a risk that you get, it's something that you feel like, Oh, I recognize this confusion. So I recognize something in her that I was like, there's actually a version of this where she did not mean it, even though she's meant others.
Speaker 7: And so she has an earth the grace to Claudius porn. She hasn't earthed the grace. Doesn't mean I can't see it being a possibility.
Speaker 4: And one thing I do want to get into next is this. So in the moment as we're watching the show, in the moment, cay Michelle does not say.
Speaker 5: Anything about it, She's she looks called off guard.
Speaker 4: She laughs at all, and we know there, we know there is such thing as a nervous laugh.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: What we then found out is once she left the Nel salon, she tweeted.
Speaker 5: Pretty much calling Porsche a bimbo.
Speaker 4: Right then she meets with Cynthia and Pinky and she calls Porsche a ding bat and it catches Cynthia off guard. As a journalist, Hey, for a show, I want to make sure I'm always accurate with the pros.
Speaker 5: She called Porsche a big ding bat.
Speaker 4: One thing I noticed was this, and I want us to talk about this because I don't think anyone else is doing it, which is why I love the show. Cynthia was there and when she when ky Michelle talked about what Portia did, Cynthia looked shocked, like wait what, Oh, I don't think she meant.
Speaker 5: To like that.
Speaker 4: But I think once you talk to her, you know she'll apologize.
Speaker 5: So my questions for the panel before we get to the other shade that was thrown.
Speaker 4: If Cynthia was actually in the room when this happened, and the person in the room, with Cynthia's own words, she didn't clock it either, so does it make the situation more nuanced because the person who said.
Speaker 5: It obviously then clock it because she said it.
Speaker 4: The person in the room didn't realize it was a big thing until ky Michelle said it.
Speaker 5: So do you think there's room for okay, Synth and the clock it. But even so, how how would someone know? Starting with you, jazz Net, I.
Speaker 8: Think that's a conversation we're having, right, Like, I think we all feel a little differently about that.
Speaker 3: Like Cynthia is she knows Porsche very well.
Speaker 8: I think Cynthia even said that in this scene, like I've been knowing these ladies for a long time, like essentially saying like Porsia may not have meant that, or I don't know if she said that in reference to that scene, but anyway, that's Cynthia. Okay, that's Cynthia's position with Porsche right their friends. She knows that Porscha probably didn't mean any harm. But I think that's what we're trying to unpack here, Like there's no way that Cynthia would would know for sure if there was mal intent behind what Porscha said. So I think Cynthia's kind of like some of the rest of us, like, oh I heard it, but like I just thought it was something that Porscha said, like you said blue like just a flippant another flippant comment from Porsche. I don't know what was behind it. That's what I took away from that scene at least, and it has.
Speaker 7: Been validated too. Let's be clear.
Speaker 9: Somebody can unintentionally say something harmful and if the impact it's hurtful. Nobody can say that what key Michelle is feeling is wrong. So like there's I mean, there's no argument that mich keb Michelle's feeling is wrong. We're more speculating on intention. I will say this, and this is the point of contention for me with the audience who was so aggrieved by this joke. I was the lone wolf, like five or so years.
Speaker 7: Ago, who hated, hated, hated the.
Speaker 9: Now infamous Real House was Atlanta scene at the reunion where Faedra made fun of Kenya Moore for doing vitro oh.
Speaker 6: I hated that. I thought that was thought that was funny. It was not funny.
Speaker 9: I thought it was so deeply offensive to see a woman trying to have a child and to mock her and say the Domino Pizza man is gonna just in the cup to give her a baby because she's too much of a loser to find a man to love her, and then you end up divorcing the loser that you were caping for when you said that to me. That was considered one of Faedra's top favorite scenes of all time on TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, wherever you go, The Real House of Atlanta fans loved that scene because at.
Speaker 7: The time they loved Faedra.
Speaker 9: Now that we've seen Porsiche do things like to allegedly take a married Van and she's in and out of favor now, the flippant comment about the miscarriage is the worst thing ever.
Speaker 7: I just feel like this is another case of if it.
Speaker 9: Was somebody else, any points giving grace might be more received. But because of the complicated feelings that women in particular have around Porsche and not being a girl's girls, and she might say your husband and making jokes about Charles Oakley, I think that she might have made a callous but not malicious mistake that the audience, certain people in the audience just won't have the grace to give her. And it's okay because she's earned that ire right, she's earned the ire. It's the boy who cried with from my opinion, I think she's full of shit A lot of times, I one hundred percent do not believe she's full of shit this time because Cynthia then just say that she's my friend, I know her.
Speaker 7: She was saying, the energy didn't fill off. If you're in a room and your friend.
Speaker 9: Says something stupid and nobody says anything and it's a blip, you're not clocking it because it didn't create a moment shift. Well, ky Michelle internalized, I don't think is translated to anybody else in the room, but came Michelle, which is why they all seemed shocked, which she said she had born of consens.
Speaker 2: Also, I think a lot of the reason why no one else kind of felt a way about it, which doesn't really matter what everybody else felt. It matters what Kye Michelle felt like you said, it's because cam Michelle, I recognize that nervous laugh of like, I'm not going to make a big like I'm not making it bigger right now. And then sometimes you get misjudge or people will say, well, you wouldn't trip on the moment, so I didn't think it was a big deal. So then you know, Simpy made her comment about water breaking and all that, and she probably really thought, and people think a lot of times with tough people that things don't bother you because you're a tough person in other situations. I don't care how tough you are, anyone who has had a miscarriage or has dealt with that, any kind of fertility issues, you are not like you can be the toughest person on earth.
Speaker 6: But that could be the thing that really hurts you.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, maybe maybe there's a world where she wasn't being malicious. Maybe I'm just you know, I'm extra like I've had one before, so color me extra sensitive to people putting it on business. And I had someone put business like that out there in the public space and it was devastating.
Speaker 6: It was devastating.
Speaker 2: Actually, they made it seem like it was worth It wasn't a mischaracter like it was an abortion and it's really it's just evil, right, So I'm going about my life experience again. Hopefully it wasn't, because I do like the version of the show where these girls are having fun, and I do think there will be some TV goals with Porsche and camis show that could be really, really funny and get the show back to like the fun kind of you know, a way that it used to be, where the jat the fighting is more verbal than physical.
Speaker 6: I would like to see that.
Speaker 2: So it would be great to see in the big picture that it was a one moment thing and it moves on and it really wasn't that. I would like to be wrong about that, where they could go back to the phone, because I'm honestly sick of every single episode being on ten with fighting of reality.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which is why I really did enjoy this scene with Cynthia, Pinky and Cam Michelle because it was shady and it was funny and all these things.
Speaker 5: I want to get you all thoughts on this. Cam Michelle, who is this.
Speaker 4: Is her her first season on Atlanta Housewives, and she's like, and what's up with Phaedra? All she does is make faces I love them and giggle. You know a lot of people took that and again it was divided online. There are people who question why it's Phaedra on this show because you know, people went back and looked at the first episode her in the all cast sine at Porto's house and she didn't say anything. They saw the all Castine Episode two, Kelly's waffles and she didn't say anything, And when she was at thean Nel salon, she did not say anything. I want to start with you, Blue, the fact that there has been this sort of conversation about the relevancy.
Speaker 5: Of Phaedra on this show.
Speaker 4: Are people into just who she was back in the day based on who she is now? Kay Michelle, being new to this and understanding how Ensemble's shows work, I looked at and asked Kim Michelle's like, that's a good point, Like that, what is going on here?
Speaker 5: And I think that's why she did it? But Blue, what do you what are your thoughts on what Kiy Michelle said about Phaedra.
Speaker 4: All she does is get go and make faces. And do you think there is a conversation about whether or not Phaedra is a good match for this show anymore?
Speaker 9: I think it was probably the most brilliant thing she said the entire episode. I think she broke the fourth all and was honest about what a lot of us OG fans I honestly, here's the thing. Phaedra was a star of a moment and then she had the glamor and the intrigue around her departure from real hospital with Atlanta as kind of like a smoke screen. And when she went on Traders, she had these Zappi one liners, but it was always in a controlled environment and she had plenty of time to practice her lines, like is ray in the mirror right, But she wasn't actually that quick. If you watched that the season, she wasn't quick her feet. It was like she would study really hard and then come prepared for a test. But the pickiness that she had, you could tell that she will slow on the uptake. I honestly think Faedro needs to retire. I think that going on Traders should have been her swan song. She should have ended on a high note, returning to the scene in the crime is now showing how stale the milk is.
Speaker 7: Ja Parks needs to retire. That's my opinion.
Speaker 8: Hashtag Fedra Parks needs to retire. I agree with you one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 8: I was gonna bring up her Traders performance, like yo, the network is definitely capitalizing off of like how well she did on the Traders, and they use that. I mean, I'm sure the fandom was asking for it, but like they use that as a reason to usher her back onto the show.
Speaker 3: But she just doesn't fit anymore.
Speaker 8: Like I just I am never looking for her in the scene, Like I'm never caring about what she has to say. She hasn't said much, but like I've never once in these three episodes wondered like what is Porsia Portsia, Phedra, What is Faedro gonna say?
Speaker 3: What is Fader gonna do? I'm never looking for her, like.
Speaker 8: I'm looking at everybody actually except Pedra now and you Blue, you brought up her rehearsale from that reunion when she did that with Kenya, Like that's that's old, old, old Faedra, that's old Padri. Like I don't think we're ever getting that back. So now I don't have a whole lot to says. I agree with you, Pedra, Sayonara, sisterash to retire.
Speaker 2: It's a nostalgia, right, Like you know when your show, your favorite show, your favorite singer was at the height of their career and then you like you're like hanging on to the memories from like oh, the nineties or the two thousands or whatever, like when the group was great or the performance was great. It's like you have a favorite quarterback from you know, I don't know, nineteen ninety three and putting them in the Super Bowl now was crazy.
Speaker 6: And that's what they did.
Speaker 2: They brought an old quarterback in from the nineties and gave her another shot. And sometimes it works when you bring someone back from the past, and sometimes it doesn't. And they got to be honest about it. I think she didn't give on Mary for medicine, and she's not giving on this.
Speaker 6: And again, I do think you're right, Blue.
Speaker 2: They are capitalizing off the the rehearse reads that she did on Traders and thinking that that same magic was there, I think she may be able to be like good again if it was with the same past, you know what I mean. It's like it's like, maybe I'm not saying she's trash. I'm not saying she's stupid.
Speaker 5: She's not.
Speaker 6: And I gotta give her.
Speaker 2: One note that I really liked that blue dress and her confessional gorgeous, like one of the most beautiful dresses I've ever seen. But y'all will never give me credit for giving this girl credit. But anyways, so she looks great on that, but as far as what she's bringing, like your storyline can't be that you're a mom, because almost everybody on the show's a mom.
Speaker 6: And then what else, like you're not giving, you're you're not a.
Speaker 2: Force multiplier, like Carlos says, all you do is make these weird ass faces and you stick your tongue out.
Speaker 6: You've got these blonde lace fronts. I'm not feeling and like, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, like I think Patria is like though, when we talk about actresses that go on reality tving that two measured and they try to like edit themselves and she's not in the moment. She's just like kind of like I think she's in her head too much, like how this is going to play, and everything just seems rehearsed and not spontaneous. And that's what makes these reality sounds great, is it's spontaneity, and we don't have that. Anybody's gonna be rehearsed. I'd rather have someone that sloppy with it and maybe stuttered when they say something, but it's in a moment and it's real and it's from the heart, and were like we felt that. Then these stupid cornyass like jokes that you probably wrote it home and you were waiting, you had your little tip sheet. Oh, I can put this joke here when she says this that and it feels like that, and you know, it's not hate, it's just the fact. And there's already too many housewives on there, so she should have been in front of the show.
Speaker 6: Cynthia's given way more than Pedra.
Speaker 2: Wait.
Speaker 8: Actually, that's a great point. That is a really great point. And yeah, you know, Fedra is interesting to me. I lost exactly. I was about to say something and it was gonna be a good point, and it completely left my mind.
Speaker 4: No, I'll.
Speaker 5: I'll say this.
Speaker 4: The reason why I was clapping when Claudia said what's missing is a spontaneity is because the conversations that me and my friends are having in this business, all of us who produce reality television.
Speaker 5: The reason why I'm so thrilled that, you know.
Speaker 4: The the audience loves Bill Collector Birmingham, is because what is missing is spontaneity. What is missing is real life story. And I am so bothered by anybody on Twitter dot com or exor or social media who are who's even attempting.
Speaker 5: To drag Pinky Cole.
Speaker 4: You don't have to like her physically physical appearance cool. You don't have to like the way she talks, fine, But what bothers me is this woman is giving y'all reality of telling the world how she lost her company, how she was bankrupt, how she got bankrupt, because she signed on as a personal gammon tour and she's educating you guys on what that means when you have the ability to have a company that you're getting investors. If you sign on as a personal guaranteur, God forbids something has your company.
Speaker 5: You're on the hook. As an individual, you're on the hook.
Speaker 4: So you guys are even listening to what she's educating you guys on because y'all so focused on her look or whatever, and she's given y'all reality. What bothers me so much is you guys don't even like people who are real. Y'all love people who had a heyday. Y'all love people.
Speaker 5: Who look good in a moonood dress or who looks.
Speaker 4: Good in a body con dress, who has a great weed, and y'all don't love the person who is given y'all reality.
Speaker 5: Ky Michelle left the operating room and got her nails done afterwards.
Speaker 4: Yep, she was dedicated to making sure let me show y'all my reality.
Speaker 5: She didn't have to call the producers and say, my ass is leaking, come film it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Just this weekend, a wonderful person on Twitter, and I'm so sorry because I like to excite my sources. He posted the highest rated I mean, the top twenty highest rated shows on Bravo twenty out of millions.
Speaker 5: Nineteen out of twenty were Atlanta Housewives nineteen who and they were produced by me?
Speaker 7: The thank you okay, yeah, say the rest of the sentence, friend.
Speaker 5: Uhank you baby? And my thing is this.
Speaker 4: That's why I don't when y'all try to say, Carlos, shut up. You're just talking about girl. You're watching a show I helped build. You're watching a show that I'm iconic. You're watching twenty fucking episodes that I produced, including Jersey Housewives.
Speaker 5: No, I'm the motherfucker who knows what he's talking about.
Speaker 3: Which was the twentieth show on there? You said what the twentieth show?
Speaker 8: Nineteen out of twenty were Atlanta, the twentieth was Jersey.
Speaker 3: Your other was I blog? Also, who is the person who?
Speaker 9: Thank you?
Speaker 5: Thank you? And my point is saying all that what was so iconic about season six.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Lorraine Halteil, Lauren Brent, Luke Bianca, my whole day, Lizzie. Lizzie worked on that season two, Kamar, let's go on on, Okay, Luke, Okay, fine.
Speaker 5: Now my point is because there's no Iron Team.
Speaker 4: My point is y'all fell in love with those twenty episodes because they were real.
Speaker 5: You had Porsche going through a divorce. You have Porsche who.
Speaker 4: Moved in Nini's neighborhood and Ninnie said, well, damn bitch, I didn't know that you're a bad friend. You have Fador in Apollo dealing with rumors that Kenya allegedly tried to suck his d okay. You had Candy dealing with her mother not liking this man. She's engaged too, all right. You had moments of reality. And when y'all talk about a show being bad, blame y'all. Y'all give so much hype to some of these girls who don't do shit. Yeah, so when a show is bad, blame yourself. Because I can tell you what happens is the network executives they look on Twitter and say, well, who they talking about? Where they're talking about that person, and that person does nothing, does nothing, but y'all like the way she looks.
Speaker 5: Picky Cole is giving us real reality.
Speaker 4: Picky Coats educating black women on I'm giving y'all the rawness of what it is to be a business woman. Angela Oakley's telling y'all, I lost two million dollars because of bad investments. Y'all hate real reality stars, but what y'all do love? Y'all love a bad bitch. Y'all love somebody who looks good in a fashion noble outfit. But the woman who is trying to give y'all good television, y'all don't like her.
Speaker 5: And then y'all wonder why these shows suck. They suck because of you.
Speaker 2: I will co sign one thousand percent all it takes for someone to be best dressed or well dressed for people to like them on reality TV. And I saw that on several of the shows. You see it on Basketball Wives, you see it on Atlanta Housewives, you see it on a lot of the other shows.
Speaker 6: That's all it takes. And you saw. I noticed the difference with Kim k. They hated her when she was wearing those bandaged dresses. You changed her syl Up. I saw the fakest shit I ever seen in the business.
Speaker 2: I saw people who I knew a hating on her, all of a sudden they loved her. It was because of the clothes. That is how simple minded some not all of the fans are. People will hate you because of how you dress or you're not coming with it. That's all it really takes. And that is a frustrating thing to watch because what you do is you made these people go go broke trying to satisfy y'all to be the most liked on the show, and go run their credit cards up and live outside their means to be like the most liked one with these clothes.
Speaker 6: These girls, I'm telling you not all.
Speaker 2: A lot of these Highlanta girls that we're talking about now, they are they actually been on there for a long time.
Speaker 6: They have bread.
Speaker 2: But like they will go, they will they will go broke, renting clothes so you can like them so they can get another season. And then you have a girl like Pinky Cole that you don't like because her hair is shorter, her clothes or her you don't like her body or whatever. She's a natural black woman and people giving her smoke. I actually am a huge fan of how vulnerable this woman is willing to be on this show at the detriment of probably her own marriage. She's telling us stuff before she's telling her husband, and I thought, I mean, that may not be good for him.
Speaker 6: But as far as the reality producer, that is gold right there. That is goal.
Speaker 2: She's given you one hundred percent and she's not even getting the big contract yet, and she's being a great reality star. And the fact that people are hating on her because of superficial things, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: I think she's dope.
Speaker 8: Keemachelle and Pinky coll were definitely gonna give us a lot more than the girls that we have seen already because they have something to prove. This is their first season, so I'm not shocked that they're giving us a lot. I do think with Carlos, you said, like people just love the girls who look good or whatever, and came a Pinky Coal Angela. They're giving us a real reality. I also think the fandom loves conflict, right, So when the girls are like reading each other or they're at each other's throats, like the high conflict, the heavy drama that's also something that the fandom wants.
Speaker 3: Or like they want to talk about.
Speaker 8: I think that's also like ruining the show a lot, right, because kay Michelle says something in the nel salon scene when they were all like asking her, she was okay, and she goes, how am I supposed.
Speaker 3: To fight with y'all? And y'all are being so nice to me?
Speaker 8: Right? So that colored my Like that colored the way I looked at her for the rest of the episode with this thing with Portia, because I had also seen people in the audience saying like she was like she was dragging it, like she was so offended by it, and I'm like, well, yeah, she is, like that's her first bone, right, she thinks that she needs to be in conflict with these people. This is her first like piece of conflict. So of course she's gonna hold on to this because that's like what she thinks the show is supposed to be. And so I think the conflict like you but wanting a lot of conflict and they haven't had a lot. I mean, it's been like light stuff so far. But I think that's also something that the audience is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then the thing is this I'm like real conflict.
Speaker 4: That's why for me, it's one of those things where the heyday of these shows was when the girls really had conflict, Like Faja was really mad that she thought her husband was flirting with Kinga and vice versa, and.
Speaker 5: Every woman in the world watched that and said, I get it. I understand that, right.
Speaker 4: I can get that Candy dealing with her mother not liking her. Dude, women, I can hang on to that.
Speaker 5: I get it. So when the conflict arose because of those things, it made sense.
Speaker 4: And I think for me, you know, look, I want to get into the Shamia scene now too, because you know, Shamiah is somebody who is a gorgeous woman and she's in and she's a kept woman.
Speaker 5: You know, she she works because she wants to go out the house and and work.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, they're called passion projects.
Speaker 5: Yes, so this whole thing, but the rum you know, I.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say this on the auto looking in and Shemiah, you can call me if I got this wrong. I looked at that scene and said, Shamia, I want you to have a business.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure this is the one and the reason why I'm saying I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: If this is the one is because I don't want Shmia to feel that she has to have something to promote because she's on the show.
Speaker 5: You know one thing that.
Speaker 4: I'm beginning the reality starts name, it'll come to me. I like it when a reality starts on the show and she's like, my man's rich. I'm on here because I like to have fun.
Speaker 5: And that's that.
Speaker 4: I saw some of what she was doing with Jerald. I thought, Gerald, I don't know if y'all call this. Jerald really does love his wife and he really is trying to help her, and it saddened me that Shamiah took that ad. Well, maybe he doesn't want them to have my own thing. No, he's looking out for you, and you came to that realization, unfortunately in the boardroom. And Shamiya, don't you ever pump your ass in a boardroom against this.
Speaker 5: Don't. I love you down and I'll see you at the Hawks gang. Don't don't. I don't care that whole rumbum, Shmia, don't get a baby.
Speaker 4: I think Jerald is an amazing husband and Shamia's story to me is so interesting, and again this is personal story. I think a lot of women can relate to Shamia being like, yes, I have all of this, but I want something of my own.
Speaker 5: And my hope is that this season we get to see her struggle with I just want something of my own.
Speaker 4: But that particular thing, I think, based on Gerald's intelligence, this one particular thing does not make sense.
Speaker 2: I think that's admirable that she wants, and I think that's a you know, I like women that want to have their own even if they don't have to. And also there's probably like the added pressure. Look, they're on a reality show. She doesn't want to be viewed as someone that's just home as a catwoman, because she has to go in a battle with these girls every day and hold their own And it's a lot easier when you have a successful business and you have something you can hang your own hat on, you know, And there is a pressure and I will even say this in Porsche's defense a little bit with the pressure of having to have a seen. So sometimes in Chemi show, sometimes you got to put a little tent on twenty for the show. So it's hard to know when we given commentary like I'm gonna go by, you know, just calling it at what it is.
Speaker 6: But I gotta keep.
Speaker 2: Reminding myself at the end of the day, they are on a reality show, and sometimes you may have to go a little hard or drag something a little bit more on point ten on twenty because there is a pressure of the show.
Speaker 6: Just like on the scene with Shamia and her Man. I mean, you still have that pressure of you all on a show.
Speaker 9: You know, you know, No, I'm concerned for Shamiah. She was my favorite last season, and I'm concerned for her because she started off with the trajectory of like a trace, not Tracy, a stacy, but now she's turning more into it. She by Charay Joggers early summer spring fall. I think that she was popular, but now the performative. Somebody posting I think that's the when we posted it and said, Shamiyah is funny, but she always goes a beat too long, Like the joke always lingers a couple of beats longer than it needs to, and it reads a little bit desperate. I think Shamiah really wants to be relevant for you to try to have a peach flavored rum and a place where peaches don't grow. And also I want to say about the pinky things my wife, I went on, when we're talking about Pinky, Pinky's greatest in this entire season, it's not having a lace friend. Anybody who's not in love with Pinky is someone who's a slave to optics.
Speaker 7: If Pinky with the same.
Speaker 9: Body, same everything, just had on our nine little favor special lace front and was dressed a certain way, I think the audience would realize how hard she's working. I think there's a laziness that happens even when you look at music. What do they say all you need is a clean white T shirt to launch a man, but for a woman, you have to get her injections in a lace front and contour and make sure that she's wearing a onesie and you know her boobs are propped up. I think there's a styling issue with the expectations of Atlanta, where there's a grace that I saw them give to Angela that they didn't give to Pinky, and honestly, the only difference was optics. And I think there's something problematic about it because how do we keep saying we want these shows to have realistic looking women, but y'all never cut them any slack.
Speaker 7: When we finally have them, so justice for Pinky.
Speaker 9: I think she's probably working for her check the hardest, even harder than k Michelle right now, though.
Speaker 7: Cay Michelle is clearly the star.
Speaker 9: And I really feel like Shmiah is going to get desperate and in the eyes of Chara, is going to probably become a bone collector. I don't know about the season so far, but she's acting like this rum company's not going to work out now, She's gonna make Stirring trouble her her entire storyline the rest of the season.
Speaker 7: I'm already getting that feeling.
Speaker 5: Jas said about Pinky.
Speaker 8: I disagree not to like bean soup you, but I in just the last Monday Night Live, I was like, I'm kind of lukewarm on Pinky right like, I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about her. It has nothing, it doesn't have anything to do with the way she looks. It's just I think it's the way that she comes across and we had this conversation. She feels almost too normal on the show, or at least last like the first episode or two, that was my takeaway, but this one, after this episode, I do, like I just said, I think she is because this is the episode where I thought that if she was gonna win you over without being optical, it would have been this one.
Speaker 7: So you still don't believe her after this one? I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm still I'm still not like, oh my gosh, I'm in love with her, but I am like, I'm very curious about, like what's going. I'm I'm curious about the relationship, Like how the hell did you go to a bankruptcy meeting without you got out of the bed with your man, went to a bankruptcy meeting and didn't tell him that's where you were going.
Speaker 3: I was in here like, oh, I wouldn't the producers.
Speaker 7: So the producers though.
Speaker 8: Told everybody else we're watching it. That's that was that was interesting to me. So yes, yeah, she is doing.
Speaker 4: This as a producer, and this is no shade. We love it when talent calls us before they partners, because.
Speaker 3: We're like, oh, Carlos, you're ruining relationships.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 6: I don't care about their relationships.
Speaker 7: It's good.
Speaker 4: When Anthony Frankel Water broke, she called her producer first, and then called her doctor.
Speaker 3: Second, mess and then her husband third.
Speaker 6: I do think that that would be an issue down.
Speaker 2: Because because hers gonna see I mean that of course that's gonna be such an issue, and she's not the only one of the shows telling us stuff before the husband.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the biggest thing for me this episode.
Speaker 8: I was like, that's that signaled to me so loudly, like Pinky does not trust her husband's judgment or his counsel like I could. I would never go to it into a meeting like that and not tell ray like I won't even I won't even have scheduled the meeting without like talking to him first. It's like not to get permission, but like, this is a huge thing. You're finding bankruptcy.
Speaker 6: And you got.
Speaker 7: Just be honest.
Speaker 3: Beta.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think in the presence of her, because she's very dominant when she's she said these were her words, not mine. She said, she's a very dominant woman. I don't think he's Beta though. I think it's just really hard to be super awful with an altful woman like that, Like I might think.
Speaker 4: To your point this though, to your point, we're gonna have a real conversation right in advance, because lord knows, y'all more offended by what we say than way.
Speaker 6: Do we still have to apologize because like, yeah, you don't.
Speaker 8: I'm not.
Speaker 7: Carlos. The comment on the screen is is why I was asking guys that question.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I was gonna say Okay, so I was gonna say this. I never met Derek, right. I do think Derek is beta.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 4: Oprah is with Stedman and and Oprah is a force, and she's all these things, and you ever met stead Stem is a very masculine, attractive, smart, intelligent man who loves his own white and doesn't need to borrow oprahs to be that. I think Derek is that. But but I definitely think when a woman is alpha, she does attract beta man. And let's be real, beta man does exist. It doesn't make you less masculine. It just means you you're more You're more calm, you know. I think listen, my advice to Pinky would be this, and my advice to Pinky is the same.
Speaker 5: I wouldive Shmia, you both are married to very smart men. Why the fuck aren't you guys taking advantage of that? That's weird to me.
Speaker 4: I would love to pill a talk I do anyway, Hey, Claudia, I would love It's like Joe, I would love to talk to my man about my business, like this is your partner.
Speaker 5: So the fact that you're going.
Speaker 4: To remove his Pinky's man, if y'all know anything about Derek, Derek is a major deal in Atlanta. He owns a lot of Philly cheese Steak Derek. Derek has a shitload, and Gerald, as we know, the age back, has a shitload. I'm sad that Smia and Pinky don't take advantage of the man.
Speaker 5: You're more comfortable laying with him, having his kids, but you're not comfortable bending his ear for advice.
Speaker 9: Hyper independence is a trauma response. That's that's why I was saying there, whenever you see an alpha woman who was ready to receive love, what do we all say? I'm sure Jazz you said it, Claudia. I know you and I have said this before to each other. I would love to be around a man who I can let my guard down and not have to be the one in charge all the time. I just need a man that I could trust enough to do it. So half the time, when you see a woman like thinky not Aquiesce's what Jazz is saying is, Hey, maybe I don't believe in your leadership.
Speaker 7: The other half, though, you have hyper independence.
Speaker 9: As a trauma response, and you don't know how to receive the thing you've been asking for. And what I saw was I kept on thinking does he not know how to be a thought partner?
Speaker 7: Or does she suck at asking for help?
Speaker 9: And I'm really asking for help, asking for help more than it being a reflection of him. And so I was like, Ooh, I'm watching him for those things that would make me feel like she has a reason.
Speaker 7: I think this is her.
Speaker 9: I think she's that fifty percent of the ALCA woman who claim they want a man who can be a thought partner, but who does not know how to acquiesk and relinquish control enough to actually let thought partnership happen.
Speaker 2: I felt that watching them that I don't think he's beta. I think he's a very big deal in Atlanta, like Carlo said said, they are more. I think there is a competition between them. I think they're in a competition. That's what I think. And if you're in competition with your mate, whether he's with her or she's with him, you do not want to admit to your competition that you have failed. You do not want to tell them that I did not I messed up with the money. You want to go handle it so you can jump back in the game, like, no, we good, you made drum million this week I made my million. They try to match each other with success.
Speaker 6: That's my opinion.
Speaker 2: I've been with beta men and I actually don't I don't dislike beta men. I think it is difficult to two alphas to be together. It's damn man possible. Everyone says they want to power a couple until they get in one, and the reality of it, it is too hard. And beta men usually are very very very very good for alpha women because it works.
Speaker 6: It works, you know, as long as.
Speaker 2: You not disrespect him. I think they're in competition for a few reasons. Hey, him saying he had a humble hert and she's like, oh, she clocked it, like we clocked it.
Speaker 6: Okay, she's not dumb. She heard that.
Speaker 2: So it's another reason when she's not gonna want to run to him and feel safe to tell him that I mess up with my business. Hell no, when you're in competition with your mate, you are not telling them you're el's. You're telling your producers, you're l before you're telling your man because you want to still be a winner in his eyes, which sucks.
Speaker 6: That's not safe.
Speaker 8: No, that's my opinion. That's crazy, though, I would hate. That's so crazy. That's crazy to be married to someone and not feel safe enough. You've had how many children with this man? You got to hear everything else three back to that, and you don't feel safe telling him.
Speaker 6: They have business. They jumped in because listen and the.
Speaker 2: Beginning to which people to popping people you get together, it's brand news.
Speaker 6: They got married. Yes, they got married before they really knew each other.
Speaker 2: They back to back to back kids, and then when the dust settles, then they probably talked real business.
Speaker 6: I bet you there was no business talking in the beginning. She knew he was popping, and he knew she was popping. She knew he was pop. Invice was a good luck.
Speaker 2: Probably Look wait, but they probably were so busy having a good brand new sex, first gut together and when the dust settles, look at she's crying a lot.
Speaker 6: She does not feel she's sad. She's depressed. Yeah, in my opinion, let me just say that I'm.
Speaker 4: Not And my advice to the ladies, Hey ladies, because Claudia says, no straight man watch this.
Speaker 5: So hey lady, Yeah, guys that I'm dating a break it in our straight.
Speaker 6: Demographic. Hey wooz, I'll call you later, Lady.
Speaker 5: Thank you for your service.
Speaker 4: I will say this, you're at a disadvantaged ladies. Ladies, this is coming from y'all, your big gay brother. I implore all of you all to be successful and the best and to make your own mind.
Speaker 5: I want all those things for you.
Speaker 4: If you happen to be with the man that is successful, you're doing yourself with disservice by not bouncing ideas off of him, being in competition with him, or trying to impress him that you can do this without him, You're going to lose. And it's not a maybe, it's you are going to lose. My last example will be, Hey, Oprah. The reason why we have the Oprah Winfrey Network is because Oprah was at a hotel with Stepman. She was complaining about what she saw on the TV. Stepman said, well, start your own network then, and she said, what do you mean. He said, you can't just complain about what you're seeing on television, your Oprah, So start your own network, and she did it.
Speaker 5: So take advantage of being with a man who you love and bouncing things off of him.
Speaker 4: You're doing your sub with disservice because you're gonna end up dating babe.
Speaker 5: I say that as a transition to Black Andrew because.
Speaker 6: Kindness add one thing about Pinking. I dis agreed. I saw a comment in the chat.
Speaker 2: I also think that there's a lot of pressure on Pinky, like because of like how people are viewing her aesthetically, which I think is bullshit.
Speaker 6: I think she's dope. I like her.
Speaker 2: She has that added pressure of being super successful, right because she knows, like that's what like, that's like her thing. Like some people just get by on being like with the bbls and the weaves and the lashes and all that. Pinky is her I think the most attractive thing about her. That's like her stand out thing. We all have our standout thing, personality, body, whatever, she's She's supposed to be the very successful, wealthy person. So when that falls by the wayside, that puts a lot of pressure on you, Like I got to keep it up because like that was the thing. Maybe that was part of the reason why her man was so was attracted her because of her business acumen. So when that's nots falling apart, do you want to really tell the person that fell in.
Speaker 6: Love with you for that?
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm assuming I'm making a lot of assumptions tonight, but she's she's she doesn't stop opening up to her husband. She's going to crack. She's kind of cracking, you know, and I feel bad for her.
Speaker 5: Thank you to the one straight guy that was.
Speaker 3: In the comments, the third straight guy because booze.
Speaker 6: And then.
Speaker 4: I want to read it because I want to that we do have straight men who go on this podcast.
Speaker 5: I mean who listens?
Speaker 7: So who?
Speaker 4: The producer three six five says, nah, my wife and I have been in business together since two thousand and nine and discuss everything, and she's a cancer survivor.
Speaker 5: So yes, till death. It was part. I love that. I love that, that love that.
Speaker 4: What I don't love is when you're on a day with the man and he walks in with his shirt open. Drew, Drew, y'all know, I love and there's not one person in this world who can make me hate her. Right, I love Drew, But I will say, is this I don't know Black, so this is not this to black?
Speaker 5: If it really is it. I don't know him.
Speaker 4: I think it's highly inappropriate to go on a date inside of a restaurant and you're shirt is all the way open and drew.
Speaker 5: In the words of Stacy Rash.
Speaker 7: Carl, your shirt is open and you begged for Kouchi for seven minutes straight.
Speaker 9: I've never seen that much Couchi begging off of an R and B video in my entire freaking life. He said, friends with benefits? Yes, yes, we're friends with the benefits. Does this job come with benefits? I would like to benefit. Oh, but what if we're just friends. No, I'm not here for your personality. Ho when do I get my benefits?
Speaker 7: At certain point, I said, oh my god, just give him some. In the bathroom, girl, y'all cut. Somebody helped.
Speaker 9: This man was begging for vagina the entire scene, and I was dying on the inside, Like, girl, you could just stay with Ralph.
Speaker 5: For all this.
Speaker 7: I don't know that was facetious at the end.
Speaker 5: But no.
Speaker 9: Black spent the first episode on the phone not taking any pe breaks, and the third episode with his titties out begging for Puss.
Speaker 7: I'm not a fan. I'm not a fan.
Speaker 3: I want to go, I don't have anything to you know, for me, sweetie.
Speaker 8: You know, Carlos, you know, I've historically been very hard on Drew, very hard on Drew. Even I was like, Drew can do better. I thought, even Drew can do better than this. It's a running joke.
Speaker 7: I think.
Speaker 3: I think Drew is a beautiful, beautiful woman, but she's just anyway. Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 6: I like black in real life too, Like he's cool.
Speaker 2: He has that hookah company, which I smoke those black smoke hookas I've had.
Speaker 6: I love them. They're really good.
Speaker 2: He's a good he's a great businessman. He's rich, he has a he's got a life together. But honestly, and you know, I like Drew and I will definitely I will listen. I'll try to make an excuse my girl. But I felt like he came into the scene acting For the first forty seventy five percent of it, it felt fake. It felt like a script was being followed, like he or he was like putting on for the cameras. And I did feel towards the end of the conversation he got like was normal, right like it got But the beginning the first thirty half of it was cringe and I felt bad, and I felt like even Drew recognized it.
Speaker 6: She was trying her best to play it off like Okay, yeah, you want to.
Speaker 8: Pay that part.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 5: So he didn't want Claudia, he didn't want.
Speaker 7: No, I think he wants.
Speaker 6: I do think he's one of the four straight men left in Atlanta. I do think that. But I do think that.
Speaker 2: It just I think he came in there with it, like he wanted to show like she's desired, she's wanted. I want you.
Speaker 6: You're sexy, so let me do that.
Speaker 2: But I think he kind of said things he wasn't supposed to, Like I don't know if she wanted him to say the friends with benefits saying or gifts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well I would give him the gifts.
Speaker 3: I thought that was a I thought that was a sweet gesture.
Speaker 8: Yeah, when I say why she could do better, I know, you know, just because he's not like the type of that I'm attracted too. I can recognize that she might find him attractive, like people find him attractive. So I'm not saying it like that. He just seems like a player to me, like somebody who just thinks like everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So that's why I was like, I feel like you could do better than this guy. Like he wasn't even talking, like let's move into the direction of like being in a relationship. Like I mean, he did try to say like you don't give girlfriend, you give wife, whatever that means in the words, why did.
Speaker 2: It make sense for him and hitting with the friends of benefits? I'm like, black, do you kind of hurt your girl by doing that? Like if he was coming here to give her a solid like you know, you gotta bring a love and song. We get it, but don't come on here and ask me to be friends with benefits. Come on in and say, let's take it slow, let's see where this goes. I would be mad if I won hit me with the friends of benefits saying I feel like it's kind of giving me, like it's helping with.
Speaker 6: The whole you don't know it's given, Like I don't take you seriously.
Speaker 9: Come on, Remember Mia had that man who was still with her when she was married. Maybe he saw Mia and her side piece and wanted to be clear, you're still married, and if I see you as a wife, I can't be a husband until your first husbands out the way he did say that it felt more like he did not want to be seen like MIA's sideboy and wanted to be like, hey, just to be clear, why you're still married, we can't be anything. I can't see I see you as a wife, but I can't be a husband while you currently have a husband.
Speaker 7: Take care of that. But until then, can I give you some benefits I would like to.
Speaker 8: I don't want to be but I still want to have sex with you even if you're still married.
Speaker 7: Like please, I don't want to do that.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Drew, we want you to go on another day and listen. Like Claudia said, Black is successful, it's not about Black. It's more about he gives play a vibes the open shirt.
Speaker 5: It was giving music video. It wasn't giving a real scene. It was giving I'm on the land of housewives and I'm about to show off. That's that's what I got from it. All good. Last of the night is Keim, Michelle and Porsche did meet up. I know we ran through this.
Speaker 4: I just want to ask you, ladies, what did y'all think about the apology Porsche gave only for Cay Michelle to say and her confessional that.
Speaker 5: She still doesn't buy it.
Speaker 6: I'll take it.
Speaker 5: I what that means.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whatever, whatever that means.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Like I said, I feel like Kay is gonna kind of drag this out. Kay Michelle might drag this out until she gets into another conflict that she can then like jump into, because I think in her mind, she thinks that's the role that she's on this show to play. So I don't think this is the last that we've heard of with this issue from Kate Michelle specifically, But it didn't seem like they've made up at the at the lunch that they had, which I thought was a really cute scene at the end. But yeah, I think Michell is gonna kind of hang on to this and be offended by it until she has something else to be offended by, and then she'll she'll go and do that.
Speaker 9: Then I hope something else happens in the next episode because I can't do another episode of this. I pray to God that Drew drops a drink or whatever the hell's supposed to happen, because I can't do another scene of y'all making me defend Portie no offense boorship, but come on, this is exhausting and I will say this. Ky Michelle made that comment about y'all so nice in the premiere as well. This is actually the second time she's made a quip on like subconsciously about how am I supposed to fight y'allf y'all being so nice? It's now come up twice in three episodes. I ky Michelle is a star on a bad day. Ky Michelle is better than most, so I'm not worried about her performance this season. I just hope we see her pull a pinky and just give it to us without all the thinking. I want to see her a little bit more uninhibited, and also too because ky Michelle and Porsche are having this weird moment and Porsche was supposed to be her nice, nasty friend from the premiere. I'm just wondering, is Cynthia and k Michelle and Pinky gonna be a trio? Like I'm curious who her girl squad is because she has such pain around female friendships. I don't want to see ky Michelle feel like it's the world against her the entire season.
Speaker 7: That would actually break my heart and be a waste.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it won't be, because honestly, I feel like a lot of the niceness the girls are showing the ca Michelle's because they're all they're afraid of her, including Porsche. I do think they're afraid of I think you're right now. I think you're really afraid of her and so. And I also think ky Michelle is saying, wow, they were really nice, because she's coming from how hard it was on Love and Hip Hop. One of the things I talked about. I think you coming from that, like you're on ten, You're coming to like a seven. You're like, oh my god, oh wow, we actually have a scene. We can actually hug it out. But I do think that was good for them that, Like you know, I do like that Porsha did apologize her and that did feel sincere what she did at that moment. I did like that because I do don't want don't want this to be dragged out. Unless we see more evidence that it was on some mean girls ship, then that's one thing. But if it really wasn't, then y'all are right it was just like some no divergent shit, then fine, I'll go with that, okay. And I want them because I do enjoy the scenes when they are key king and having fun. I think it's cute, and I think it's needed after all the years of all after the brit eaty of it all, and how contentious things were getting last season. Like I want to see the girl's key king having fun and making jokes.
Speaker 6: I think we the world needs more of that in these shows.
Speaker 2: So if she's Kis and it's real, I want that to be the case because those two together could be funny, because we're gonna need more than Porscha, than.
Speaker 6: Just dating different people every season.
Speaker 2: It needs to be like and Porscha has the personality to bring a lot of funny to the show. She has That's what made it so and Darian and I want to get back to that, not just like, you know, just denying shit.
Speaker 4: So rain Drops and if you're going to beat Atlanta, if any of you guys are in Atlanta, Charlotte Maine's Black Effect Network, I'm.
Speaker 5: Having a pan on a panel. I am on a panel with Tika Sumter keV on stage and a bunch of other people.
Speaker 4: They're excited and a bunch of other people. That's Saturday at the Pullman Guards.
Speaker 5: And I'm also going to do a.
Speaker 4: Live podcast with a very special guest that I will announce this week, so get your tickets at black Effect dot com.
Speaker 6: All right, everybody, pop it on this. You have a great birthday, Happy.
Speaker 5: Birthday, Every birthday.
Speaker 4: Blue, I love you, I love you, Claudia, I love you, Jazz Ben and Don't Forget, Don't Collective Birmingham Friday and Close and Loving Marriage Saturday.
Speaker 7: My family.
Speaker 4: Reality with the King is executive produced by me Carlos King, produced by Lizzie Nimitz, and a partnership with the Lack Effect Network. You can also find us on my YouTube channel at the Carlos King Underscore