Speaker 1: Welcome in What's Driving the Great Episode three p.
Speaker 2: Ninety.
Speaker 1: This episode has always brought to you by our friends at boost Mobile, and Demanse is not here today. We will explain why later in the show. If you watched the very beginning of First Things First tomorrow or yesterday, how could you have watched the very beginning of First Things First tomorrow? If you walked to the very beginning of First Things First yesterday, or if you follow my wife on Instagram, you already know why Demanda's not here if you didn't do those two things. And first of all, why would you not have done one? And why would you be doing the other? Why would you miss the beginning of the show? And why are you following my wife on Instagram? Uh, you already know if you've got it through those sources or those avenues, but if not, we will discuss it later in the show. However, we have a ton to get to. We have a very tight clock today because I sadly misread my calendar and double booked myself this Tuesday. I booked myself for something that I thought was tomorrow, but it is for today, and we have breaking news. Nico Harrison's been fired more on that in a second but first rate to voicemail brought to you by Boost Mobile. Lebron's gonna practice with the south By Lakers this week. Gronk is gonna retire as a Patriot, and Joe Burrow returns to practice. The guy loves football. Good for him. Will it matter? I don't think so. We will discuss that in a bit. Reminder of everyone to like, rate, subscribe, review to the pot, please Spotify, iTunes, YouTube, all of it. It helps us greatly, and I think again, stay tuned for the end of the show for a really awesome announcement. So Tim McMahon, who is as plugged into the MAVs as anyone with respect to Mark Stein, telegraph this a bit yesterday on The Great Hoop Collective podcast with he and Wendy and my pal Tim Bond TIMPs talking that Nico Harrison could be fired and Nico Harrison, Now, I don't want to incorrectly report this as we record live or we broadcast live at ten thirty four am Eastern, Nico Harrison has not yet been fired. In a truly mortifying end to a truly indefensible nine month reign of terror, Nico Harrison has a meeting with MAVs ownership in twenty five minutes where he will be fired. I gotta tell you, I'm not sure I'd show up to that meeting. If Shams has it and the whole world knows that, you know what guys with this can be a zuom So the impacts and implications of this are far reaching. Most note is the following. And this might sound shocking, this might sound drastic, but I believe this to be true. Teams around the league should immediately call Dallas and ask about Anthony Davis's availability. Certainly teams around the league that would be interested, and this probably is going to have to be something far later once you see him if he returns pre trade deadline should ask about Kyrie Irving. And that is because the Dallas Mavericks are now in total build around Cooper Flag try to rebuild our draft capital. That keep in mind they do not either have they either don't have well, they either don't have a pick or don't have their own pick. In the next four drafts, they had gone all in around historically great superstar Lukadancic and then because of Ego and Hubris Lukadancich was traded in the middle of the night in the type of move that if there were ever cause for a fan base to file a class action lawsuit against management, this would be it. You had one of the greatest players ever at the very beginning of the prime of his career. And I said it at the time and I will say it again, And because of nothing more than power and ego, you lit the franchise on fire, power and ego. Everyone was searching for why Nico would have done this, and the only logical and it's not logical, but the only reasonable explanation was he didn't like the fact that someone within the organization had more power than him, and that someone was Luca. So we got him out of there. And it will go down in the annals of sports history as one of the single greatest gaffes in a front office has ever made. That is not an overreaction, that is not an overstatement. That is simply what it was the moment it happened, and now is being exacerbated night in night out as Luca, instead of coming off an injury as he was last year, reminds everyone, Yes, I am the guy who dragged a Dallas Mavericks team to the conference finals when I was twenty two and to the NBA Finals when I was twenty four, And now I'm twenty six, and I have more first team All NBAS under my belt than Steph Curry does. And you got rid of me, and I don't. I also don't think this is an overstatement. Nico Harrison will never work in an NBA front office again. He's gonna have to work for Nike or an agency or something. But this is you cannot recover from something like this, and the arrogance that less than you know. We are a dozen games into this season and Nico after they spun a one point eight percent lottery ball chance into Cooper Flag. The fact that he said, do you see the vision now was one of the most tone deaf, ludicrous statements. And I'm not a MAVs fan. Hell, I'm gonna DiPT did I guess Laker fan? Because that's who Bron plays for. So the Lakers getting Luca, who's my second favorite player, was and he and Bron playing together was a true dream. And I'm still mad about this trade on behalf of mad fans. I can't imagine what this is This was a sports felony inflicted upon a fan base. And yes, now the villain has been captured and is facing justice, but it doesn't change the havoc he reeked and the long term impact on your fandom. So I I want to just revisit before we get to last night's game, before we get to football, what I set off the top and credit to Tim Bond, TIMPs. He's been talking about this for a while, but now it is to me a more because it was never gonna happen with Nico in charge. But the Dallas Mavericks have to consider a fire sale. So let me let me. I want to give everyone the actual draft picks situation for Dallas. In twenty twenty six, they have their pick, so my apologies, I said that wrong. Twenty twenty six, they have their pick. This year, they have their pick, and maybe that's good because right now they're terrible. In twenty twenty seven, they're pick basically totally unprotected, protected only for spots one or two. So unprotected goes to Charlotte. In twenty twenty eight, Jesus, the rich get richer, the thunder can swap with them. In twenty twenty nine, their pick goes somewhere in a swap, and they do have the Lakers pick, and in twenty thirty, my god, the Spurs can swap with them. So first of all, in twenty twenty eight and twenty thirty, the Mavericks first round pick is gonna go to the Thunder and then the Spurs. Holy shit, in twenty twenty nine, their pick goes somewhere. I can't figure it out. It says two most favorable of Dallas Houston, Phoenix to Houston and then other to Brooklyn via Dallas and Phoenix to Brooklyn via Dallas, or Phoenix to Houston via Houston. Swap for Dallas or Phoenix. I don't get it, but whatever, the MAVs will not after this coming year's draft. They do not have control of their their first until twenty thirty one until Cooper flag is in the midst of his second contract, so they need to recoop picks they need to figure out, like Klay Thompson's contract is fully underwater. Kyrie's an interesting one, and I it's just and by the way, they're three and eight and I think, let me check, I think they have literally the worst offense in the NBA. I know. So let's just check in real quick. Defense wins championships, because that's all we heard from this guy. All we heard from him. Their offense is oh, is it no longer dead last? The hold on? Let me, I had it. I thought they were dead last. Maybe I'm wrong because that says they're fourteenth right now, So, oh, that's last year. I'm looking at last year. It's like, hold on a second, This can't be correct. They can't be the Mavericks having the fifteenth offense. No chance, all right here we go. Oh no, if fair is fair, they don't have the worst offense in the basketball. They have the second worst offensive basketball to the Pacers, whose best player Torre's Achilles in Game seven of the finals, and second best or third best player left the team. Now, I mean, this is just perfect, just chef's kiss. Perfect defense wins championships. The Dallas Mavericks are three and eight. They fired Nico Harrison. They currently have the third best defense in basketball. Maybe that was a miscalculation because you have the second worst offense in basketball. Good luck, MAVs fans. I feel sick for you all right now to ours. We had three dog primetime games this week. It started with a ten to seven Broncos win over the Raiders. It ended with a ten to seven Eagles win over the Packers, and sandwiched in the middle was Aaron Rodgers looking every bit of forty one years old, and the Chargers blowing them out after a game that was three to two at one point. So the Eagles win ten to seven quickly on the Packers, and then we will get to Philadelphia. The Packers have now lost all three of their losses. Their defense has not allowed seventeen points that I think that is more losses when the defense allows less than seventeen than the rest of the NFL combined. Aside from the bizarre Cowboys forty to forty tie, that defense has been as advertised. But there seems to be a weird disconnect growing between Jordan Love and Matt Lafleur. And the Matt Lafleur thing that came out of nowhere was Matt Schneiderman from The Athletic wrote an article this morning and asked Lafloor last night about his job security, which I did not see coming. But Jordan Love at zero touchdowns one pick a seventy four rating over the last two weeks, two losses, the team has scored a total of twenty points. Now do I think the Packers are gonna miss the playoffs? No, but it can't be dismissed. Right now, they're the seventh seed, with San Francisco being percentage points back. As the eighth seed, San Francisco has a far easier schedule moving forward and green Bay has a far tougher one. So as far as easiest schedules moving forward, san Francisco has or toughest skill Let me do it a different way. San Francisco has the twentieth toughest schedule moving forward, so thirteenth easiest, and green Bay has the ninth toughest. Green Bay has one game left against a bad team, flat bad team, that's the Giants. San Francisco has Titans, Brown's, Cardinals Panthers, so that obviously greatly works in their favor. Now, even if San Francisco gets hot, the question is could Chicago fall out of it? Who has the second hardest schedule remaining? And that's certainly on the board. So I don't predict green Bay misses the playoffs, but it's certainly possible. More importantly, though, that team's got to figure out what's going on with the offense. That's the story out of green Bay this weekend. The more interesting thing, as always, is the pat the Eagle side of it, because the Eagles just they're they are just saints of the content industrial. Uh, what are you complex? They win, but they win in such bizarre fashion, and they create these firestorms that you see, you see them lighting fires during the game that you know are going to sustain at least until next week, even while you expect them to win. So yesterday was just a horrific offensive performance where once again, after declining to trade AJ Brown, they decided to pretend he's not on the team. That is, of course, until the very end of the game, when they have the game stone one, as all they've got to do with thirty one seconds left is punt the ball, and green Bay is going to have the ball with around twenty five seconds left, maybe backed up inside their own twenty worst case scenario for Philly on their own twenty and no timeouts. Instead, Sirianni leaves the offense out there, has them go for it, and then tries to feed aj Brown a feel good highlight moment. It falls incomplete and all of a sudden, the Packers are two plays away from being in field goal range. Just an absolute banana's decision, soaked in either ego or trying to play Kate what you know is going to be an upset AJ Brown. Yeah, man, we didn't go to you all game, but we went to you when it counted. All this just craziness, right, And it gave the Packers a chance to win the game. It gave him a or at least tie the game and then winning an overtime, so I know. I mean, Siriani's record is what it is. And the Eagles defense looked awesome, and while Saquan got bottled up on the ground again, he did have the one long reception that was huge. But Philly is just such a weird team and they they simply seem allergic to drama free wins. And I don't know what has happened to the jail and hurts AJ Brown connection, but I know it is in shambles compared to what it once was. And Siriani's call to go for that fourth down was just as poor game management as it gets. And for folks that always freak out about the analytics, Boogeyman. It should be noted every single analytical model preferred punt there, every single one. Sirianni was going for a highlight moment that could have cost him the game. With that said, they're seven and two after they play the Lions this coming Sunday night. They've got Cowboys, Bears, Chargers, Raiders, Commanders, Bills, Commanders. So given that we expect the NFC North and NFC West to beat up on each other, and Tampa just lost, Philly's in really good shape to maybe be the one seed. They're just such a weird team, such a weird team that wins but in not even dramatic, just angst fashion. So Scruffdog says Casey won the same ugly games last year. No doubt Casey won close, but Casey was right or wrong, a brilliant after the games, running onto the field, celebrating locker room totally connected. What Casey wasn't doing was having a weekly heart to heart with their star receiver. I guess in bart because last year Casey had no star receivers and Andy Reid calling some of the most absolutely bizarre end of game plays. So I got no problem with winning ugly, but that was weird and by the way, and I'm not gonna spend time on it because I just at this point I don't get why the NFL can't get this right. But once again, the Packers are in a fourth in inches, they line up for a regular football play. They false start, it gets called. The Eagles are in a fourth in inches. They line up for their stupid rugby play. They obviously on lie on live camera, not on slow moo replay false start. It doesn't matter whatever, man. Today's show is brought to you by our new presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet. To that time of year, whenevery day feels like a big game day. You got Pro football, college football, NBA, college hoops, it's all happening, and on hard Rock Bet, there's always something to bet on. If you haven't tried your first bet on hard Rock Bet yet, there's still time for you to get one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bets if you win. Just place a five dollars bet and if it hits, you get not only your winnings, but one hundred fifty dollars in extra bonus bets. And if you're not sure what to play, eat your first bet on, check out the hard Rock Bet Stats Hub. It's loaded with trend streaks and stats to help guide your picks. Numbers don't lie, and neither does the data in there. Here's some that stood out for me. Travis Kelcey has gone for at least forty five receiving yards in seven straight games against divisional opponents. Is over under his set at forty three and a half this week against the Broncos, and the Seahawks have won ten straight on the road. Unbelievable. They're underdogs in LA against the Rams this week. Check out the stats Hub, get the edge and bet with conference. The hard Rock Bet sportsbook GAP is the only legal sportsbook for whenever you're in Florida, and it's also live in Arizona, Ohio, New Jersey, Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia, Illinois, and Colorado, coming soon to more states as well. Plus, hard Rock Bet offers new promos every single day, so whenever you're listening, open the app and check out what they've got going any day of the week. Download the hard Rock Bet app and make your first deposit today. Payable and bonus bets not a cash offer offered by the Seminole Tribe of Florida. In Florida offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC and all other states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one eight eight to eight Admit it. In Indiana. If you are someone you know as a gambling problem wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia. The biggest upset of the weekend Buffalo getting blown out by Miami. And so Buffalo is still the team that I would least like to play in the postseason in the AFC if I'm Kansas City. But there are some red flags here, Okay. One is this, As of a month ago, the Bills had one double digit loss in the last four years. In their last sixty games, they had one loss by more than a score, and it was the blowout to Baltimore last season. And then they avenged it and beat Baltimore in the playoffs. They have two double digit losses in their last month of football, ten points to Atlanta and really getting boat raced by Miami when Miami controlled every aspect of the game. That is concerning the fact that the Bills themselves might not think they're quite good enough, evidenced by the fact that they offered a one and a three for Jail and Waddle. That is a little concerning the fact that Josh Allen is starting to turn the ball over again, but now it's not coming with the quick strike sixty yard touchdowns on the other side of it. That is a little concerning. So it's not the sky is falling, but it is a little.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 1: Also, they are going to be I now fully believe and this is real, tangible and it matters, and it might happen to the Chiefs too. But they are going to be the wild card team in the AFC East. They are going to be on the road for potentially the entirety of the playoffs. That's not nothing. And when they started four and oher with one of the softer schedules in the league coming like as their next month, they looked like they were in great shape for the one seed, which is one thing they've never gotten since Allen's been there. Now they're six and three with all of a sudden weight is that a sneaky, tough remaining schedule home for the Bucks, then a Thursday night road game against a suddenly semi frisky Houston team, then at Pittsburgh, then all of a sudden, a game against the Bengals that people think Joe Burrow will be back for, then at the Patriots. Then you take your breath a bit at the Browns home for the Eagles, in a game the Eagles might go into saying, hey we win this, we can you know, one seed implications. And then at the home for the Jets to you know as a nice little end of season respite, so it's not nothing. And then there's also this, which I think is noteworthy, and we can fold this in to Brian Dable being fired after another fourth quarter collapse by him. If this goes badly for Buffalo, like badly, I don't think they'll miss the playoffs. But if this goes, they're the five seed and they go to Baltimore, which now is the huge favor to win the AFC North and they lose in round one, it would the Buffalo Bills consider reuniting Brian Dable with Josh Allen, but not as a coordinator as a head coach. It is something to think about. Again. I think Dable deserved to be fired. However, I his connection with Josh Allen was great. Josh Allen has had massive influence on who the coordinator's post Dable would be. It seems like there's a little angst there Dabel and McDermott. According to the great Tyler Dunn, who has a great substack that people should subscribe to. Go long TD. You know, as reported that the Dabel McDermott relationship was not great at the end and had a great story a couple of years ago about whether or not they kept the wrong coach and letting Dabel leave and keeping McDermott. Would they consider bring Dabel back and reuniting him with Josh Allen as the head coach. I'm sure they you know, I shouldn't say. I'm sure I would think they'd love him as the coordinator, but I don't know what that relationship with McDermott is. Just something to consider now. As far as the comebacks, this weekend, the Jags just invent ways to lose. Some of it's on Trevor. He was not good in that game, but the comeback was more on the defense. It was a miracle with how poorly Trevor had played that they were up twenty nine to ten and then they just invented a way to lose. Just a horrific beat for me and picks in the whole nine And credit to Caleb for a second straight weekend with clutch drives in the fourth quarter to really flip the narrative on him in their season. And I don't think the Bears are that good, but they dominated Cincinnati, then collapsed and then stole it back. They got dominated by the Giants and then stole it And now all of a sudden, they're in Minnesota, a team that they dominated for three quarters in Week one and then gave the game away with a chance to get to seven and three. And yeah, I mean there were a field goal underdog and so and I'll say one other thing about the Bears. All of a sudden, those two Packer games late in the year don't seem quite as ominous, and they are huge games, just absolutely huge games because those teams are now, I guess they're both still in the thick of the NFC North Race and while also being in the thick of wait, could we miss the playoffs? The producers are asking me worse mistakes, selling my Caleb Stock too soon or holding onto my Trevor Stock. Well, listen, I didn't sell my Caleb Stock. I diversified my portfolio a bit, but I you know, I still I still have some of it. The Trevor Stock might be going to zero boys now. On the bright side, in two years, when Trevor Lawrence is the starting quarterback for Kyle Shanahan San Francisco forty nine ers and looks like the league MVP, I'll get to have Colin's Sam Darnald moment right that he's having right now. We'll get to Donald in a moment. But first, as the holidays approach, get what you need to personalize your home with Wayfair shop holiday decorps for every room in the house, whether it's Christmas trees, wreaths, or inflatables for the front yard. Wayfair is your one stop shop. Everyone wants their home ready for a hosting during the holiday season, and there's no better place than Wayfair to make sure you have every kitchen essential, brand new holiday lennons and towels for guests or seating rugs and lamps for a living room refresh. Wayfair has everything to get your home everything your home needs, and there's no better time than now to get your home ready for hosting. Something for every style and every home, no matter your space or budget. Wayfair makes it easy to tackle your home goals and giftless with endless inspiration for every space and budget. Fast and easy delivery even on the big stuff. No more huge delivery fees for furniture. Get big stuff like sofa's, dining room, tables, beds and more. Ship free. Get last minute hosting essentials, gifts for all your loved ones, and to court to celebrate the holidays four way less. Head to wayfair dot com right now to shop all things home. That's Wayfair dot com. Way Fair dot com, Wayfair, Every style, every home All right. So I got this game dead wrong. The Bucks off of by get upset by Drake May and the Patriots. The Bucks are in a bit of a rough stretch, and they all of a sudden have a massive game for both teams this weekend at Buffalo, And we've said this all year that the Bucks had this Pats Bills Rams stretch, which is really hard, and then the softest final six games of the year one could ever imagine, Cardinals, Saints, Falcons, Panthers, Dolphins, Panthers. Part of our Bucks to the Super Bowl belief was that because of that schedule, they could be the one seed and if they can get a split at Buffalo and at the Rams, that still vary in play. If they can get a split at Buffalo and at the Rams, they absolutely can just sweep that right hand column and be thirteen and four. If they lose both of those games, then you probably have less faith in them also sweeping that right hand of the column, and all of a sudden, they're likely eleven and six, and it feels a little like, Okay, these are the Bucks teams we've seen before. I still believe this team has Super Bowl upside, particularly because they are they are going to get everyone back, with the possible question about Mike Evans, and they dealt with just a disproportionate amount of injuries. But that was a game they were up early and then got thoroughly outplayed by the Patriots, who shout out. Listen man, everybody, every NFL fan out there should look at what the Patriots are doing and then ask themselves, why are we Why is our If you're in a rebuild, why is our rebuild not gone? The way the Patriots has under variable And the answer for all of them if it's not going well is we either have the wrong coach or the wrong quarterback, unless they're a rookie rookie rookie quarterbacks or rookie quarterbacks. But all it takes to become a contender is the right coach and the right quarterback. Everything else you can fill in around the edges. And if you're certain you have the right coach and the teams you know still in the midst of is still floundering, then you don't have the right quarterback. And if you're certain you have the right quarterback and the team's floundering, then you don't have the right coach. It's really that simple. And now that's just to be like on the periphery of contending. To actually win a championship, it takes a lot more, but you can turn it around that quick in this league if you have the right coach and the right quarterback, and the Patriots are showing you that, and I think Drake while Stafford to me is clearly the MVP right now. I understand the reason Drake May is the best MVP odds is they think he's likely to be the one or the two seed, and there's a chance because of how good Seattle's been that Stafford's a wild card and that just really hurts your ability to be legal to be MVP for the quarterback of a wild card team. So that's why the odds are where they are. But through ten weeks, Stafford's been the MVP, but Drake May is now just gonna be a perennial top five quarterback. I really believe in that. I think he's that good. He's only twenty three, he's big, he's strong, he's tough, he's legit and Vrabel Rabel's game management stuff. I just like so much that he's so he's always thinking about stuff. He did something and it almost cost him and maybe it's not even the right PA move, but it's something I from my couch have wanted my team to do for years, which is recognized. At the end of the half. The goal is not necessarily simply score a touchdown, the goal is two. Like let me put it like this end of half. Too often teams don't recognize, all right, if we score a touchdown and leave the other team plenty of time and they go down and get a field goal, that is only one point better than if we just killed all the clock and kicked the field goal ourself. That's only a way, you know. It's seven to three versus three. Nothing's only one point better. And if we and if we score a touchdown and leave them plenty of time and they go down and get a touchdown, that's a net zero as opposed to grinding out the clock and kicking a field goal, which is a net positive three. Rabel was thinking about that, which is why when he had first in goal from the one and Tampa having zero timeouts, there was a minute forty left he took a knee. Now the Patriots afterwards lied about it. That's fine, that's what he was doing. And I know some of the analytic models things that's a mistake. I thought it was incredibly sharp. Incredibly sharp. Where you are you feel like we're still going to be able to get a touchdown. So let's limit the amount of time the opposing team's gonna have to come back on us. I think it's super sharp, and so I listen. I know Drake May said Videvea blew up the play. I do not believe him, and I think the Patriots are really buttoned up. Hey guys, you ever notice how everything keeps going up? Rents going up, streaming services are going up. Even your favorite burrito spot suddenly thinks, sauls it should coss extra boost Mobile. You and your phone don't have to play the will this go up soon?
Speaker 2: Game?
Speaker 1: Why? Because Boosmo was a unlimited talk, text and data plan at a price they'll never go up. In fact, same price you'll pay for life. So switch now for unlimited wireless at a price that will never go up. Only at Boostmobile after thirty gigs, customers may experience lower speeds. Customers will pay twenty dollars per month as long as they remain active on the boost Unlimited plan. All right, Lions beat the commanders. The commanders are done. Dan Campbell took over play calling. I'm not sure if I fully buy that he took over all play calling, but he did have his glasses on play sheet in hand. This is something interesting to monitor with the Lions as the Lions have a really important stretch coming up. I'll be totally honest, I was that afternoon window of the Lions blowing out the Commanders, the Seahawks blowing out Arizona, and the Rams blowing out the Niners was kind of uninspiring. I wish one of those games had been good. So I'm not gonna say I was checked out, but I was watching Rams Niners the closest. But that's a good bounce back win for Detroit. And then the night game Chargers Steelers, Aaron looked old and looked like he didn't want to get hit. I mean that, and all of a sudden, the Ravens are minus two eighty or something to win the division. The Steelers margin arra has evaporated. The Chargers, on the other hand, looked awesome and credit to Justin Herbert. And I don't think I did a great job on TV on this yesterday, so I want to just clarify here. I think Herbert was excellent in that game, and I think Herbert has the ability to be excellent. The point I was trying to make on TV yesterday was I just don't want if he's not excellent, or if the Chargers end up collapsing, or if they're nine to eight and sneak into the playoffs and losing Round one, I just don't want to hear how oh, it's like, what do you want from him? Is offensive line's hurt? It's the NFL, man, everybody's dealing with something. The Chargers have had bad offensive line injury. Luck Luckily, they have a great defense, a great head coach, supposedly a great quarterback, and we just saw them against Pittsburgh dominate with the team they're gonna have moving forward. So if Herbert's supposed to be one of the five best quarterbacks in football, which all of his fans swear he is, then they should be a legitimate contender right now. And let's just on Sunday night, they looked like it all right. The other games quickly Broncos beat the Raiders. I'm gonna listen, We're into a ton of Broncos chief stuff this weekend, and this week I should say the the event is awesome. Bo Nicks is not good. He is not scary, and I believe he is the reason they are going to go from eight and two to being a wild Card team Colts beat the Falcons thirty one to twenty five. Jonathan Taylor is maybe one of the best running backs of his generation. The guy for his NFL career has averages one hundred and ten yards from scrimmage per game and nearly a touchdown per game in seventy seven games. Just an unbelievable football player. Jets beat the Browns twenty seven to twenty thanks to a couple kicker or special teams touchdowns. Justin Fields completed six passes in that game, saying, to meet the Panthers seventeen to seven in a game, I'll just be totally honest. I was not locked in on at all. Tyler Schucket looks like played, Okay. Ravens be the Vikings twenty seven to nineteen in the game I did watch closely. Great win for the Ravens. Not a great game for the Ravens, and they they just haven't looked like the Ravens yet this year. Maybe that's coming, but at this point they just need to stack wins and then maybe the two best teams in football. Not much to say about them right now other than they might be the two best teams in football. The Seahawks annihilated the Cardinals second straight game. They were up twenty eight to nothing in the second quarter, and the Rams beat the Niners soundly, and now we get Seahawks Rams this weekend. I cannot wait more on that, those two teams and Thursday show, and I am not going to do the very sappy.
Speaker 2: I might.
Speaker 1: I don't. Demonse would be mad at me about this, and I kind of want to do like a long form tribute to my son because the news is my son, my co host Demonse is not going to be here for the next few weeks because my son is now a dad and his baby girl, Mila, was born Sunday morning, and I'm just so so yes, I'm a grandfather now and I'm just so over the moon happy. My wife's out there in California and I I, uh, I can't describe it. And again I don't. This should have been Demande's announcement to make, but we didn't really plan it that well in that he was like, I'll announce it when I come back, and then with is you know it's gonna be on social media? Like what? So, this is what I want to say. Demand has not had the easiest go of it, and he for people that know about my family whatever, you know, my wife was very very young when she had Demanse under some really tough circumstances. And he's been through a bunch and he, like everybody you know, has had some successes and some failures, and you know, it's sometimes been maybe more down on himself than I you know, felt was right.
Speaker 2: And and his his fortitude and ability to just continue striving forward and what he's the man he's turned into in the last five years, from just announcing to his mom and I he's leaving the house he needs to go figure it out on his own and got a job in the Midwest building fences to just kind of become a.
Speaker 1: Grown man and on that from there to where now he's worked at Fox for a few years, does a great job there, is so good and so fun on this podcast, and now is starting a family of his own. It's just unbelievable and I'm just so proud of and we'll talk. I'll talk about about that more with him when he's back. But congrats to him and Maddie on the baby Girl. Mila, love you all so very much. Talk to you guys Thursday.
Speaker 2: What's right