Speaker 1: Are we actually recording this time? I mean, let me tell you last week's episode, my MIC's not even on. What are you doing? You did you sabotaged me? Okay, last week's episode was pretty good.
Speaker 2: It was very funny.
Speaker 1: It would have been a great video. But somehow it's gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know where that one went.
Speaker 1: Why are you texting Luna picture?
Speaker 2: My mom is Look at what a great picture of Luna she took. Isn't that adorable? She's such a pretty animal.
Speaker 1: She's very sweet, but just dopey looking all the time.
Speaker 2: I know that's her though, Like, do you have a pet voice? Don't get into this. You have to pay the intro first.
Speaker 1: We did it already, and we did pet pet voices.
Speaker 2: Did not my fault that you didn't lower your volume loud. Well, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, pet voices are always dopey. Who he goes, that's yeah, that's how we think Sawyer would talk, because he's a giant dope. Yeah. Amy will send me pictures in the morning and she'll say, can you believe this is how he's sleeping? And his feet will be like way up in the air, up against the wall, his body's all contorted into oh did I tell you that? He that did I? I haven't spoken to you here anyway. He was really sick.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he got limes disease.
Speaker 1: Lime.
Speaker 2: I thought it was limes.
Speaker 1: It's singular.
Speaker 2: You are. I'm so sorry. I am we are not even a foam minute in and I just have to say this. I got to get this off my chest. What you are such a dick sometimes?
Speaker 1: Why I just want, oh.
Speaker 2: My god, here I am being like, oh my god, he got limes disease, and you go, it's actually lime.
Speaker 1: I just want it's singular. But anyway, you just sound intelligent. I'm trying to you just want me to sound intelligent, trying to help.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you are that person. You are really that person.
Speaker 1: I want to make sure that I'm right. Can you look it up? Because I did? Then you know then I feel like a jerk.
Speaker 2: Well that would actually, if anything, make me feel better, right, I'll allow you to feel better.
Speaker 1: Anyway. So last week he was just very lethargic and he was not having anything. He was just like, leave me alone and he and then he was limping. Yeah, so we took him to the vet, and the vet was like, oh, I think it's just kennel cough, because he was boarded for a day because Amy and I went away for the weekend. And they're like, I think it's just kennel cough. Here's some pain killers, take care, everything's normal, and we were like, really, this was not our regular vet. This was like one of those you know, pet store vets, because they were the only ones that were around on a Saturday. And by the next day he couldn't stand up anymore. I had to carry him outside so we can go to the bathroom, like this is really bad. So we were able to take him to our regular vet, who immediately took his temperature and then gave him a test for lime disease and he was positive. She gave us some medicine and he was literally better in like three hours.
Speaker 2: Does it is that like a foreverthing? You know, kind of like a human's get it forever with people?
Speaker 1: I think it stays in you. It's just controlled. I don't know how it is in animals.
Speaker 2: So interesting anyway, sorry to hear that, but doing better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's doing great now. It's like nothing happened.
Speaker 2: Good. Yeah, that always makes me happy. And he won't remember. The dogs are dumb.
Speaker 1: They're so good. I mean, no, they're not dumb. Dogs. Dogs are smart. They can be smart, but they don't remember stuff. Like they always say that they have no concept of time whatsoever. You can leave them alone for five minutes or five days and they'd be like, hey, guys as soon as you get home. You know, they don't know it.
Speaker 2: That's why they're adorable. Yeah, and there's just it's just unconditional love. It's nice, something that a coffee machine doesn't give you.
Speaker 1: You know. Speaking of coffee machine, we'll get to that in a minute. But it's dogs are great in the sense that it does not matter, like they don't care. They don't care what kind of day you had. They just come and love you no matter what.
Speaker 2: And that's what makes them special. And I love them, and I love Luna. She's just a little biscuit of love.
Speaker 1: Yes, unless they have lime disease, then they don't want to be around you at all.
Speaker 2: And they poop in your house. No, he didn't poop me, just threw It's nice. Oh threw up yikes.
Speaker 1: But he's fine now. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyway, do we want to get to the conversation. Well, first of all, today is Wednesday, April thirteenth. Yes, welcome to bull Chat. Welcome.
Speaker 1: I'm Scotty B. I'm Andrew in case you didn't know, And we normally do a.
Speaker 2: Cereal podcast on Mondays called serial Killers and you can listen there every Monday where we review three cereals.
Speaker 1: That's right, But yet this particular podcast is still under the serial Killers banner. So if you came here looking for cereal, please come back on Monday.
Speaker 2: Or just look for the episodes that aren't labeled bull Chat. Yeah that literally that do you know? Every time I mentioned to somebody that, like, this is your cause that you try and bring up, Everyone's always like, is he dumb?
Speaker 1: It's not a cause. I'm just trying to explain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but your explanation is stupid.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you always say, oh, oh, we're number eighty on food podcasts. That's great. So when somebody is searching for a food podcast and they go to serial Killers and they hear us talking about dog vomit, they're like, I don't understand.
Speaker 2: So that a great cheeseburger that was delicious. Boom, we just talked about food. Next, no cereal Mmm, I had a great bowl of fruit rings yesterday. Loved it. You actually did next, you actually did It's so, why would you split up your audience into two separate podcasts. Keep it all under one and it just makes sense.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh, speaking of podcasts, Yeah, where's the Scott hates everything or Scott is angry or he hates life or whatever it is. Where is it? I don't hear it. So I was driving I was driving one of the station vehicles in this morning because I had to have it inspected in an oil change. I still do that after all this time. I started doing that probably in nineteen ninety six, and I've been going to the same guys since then. So they know all our trucks and I'm friends with them, and I know they won't rip us off like you know some car places could repair shops, and so I've just been going to them forever. So it's just something that I still do because you know, I know the trucks and I enjoy doing it, so whatever. In any event, So I was driving one of the trucks back in this morning and the radio didn't work. So it's you know, at four o'clock in the morning, you're driving in the dark. You need something to listen to. Yeah, you know, good thing. I had a phone, Andrew, you know, so I pulled my phone. I'm like, what should I listen to? And I had already listened to all our podcasts because I do the day they come out, because that's just what you do, is a good podcaster. Yeah, you listen to it, make sure the quality is good, and check everything out, you know. And so I didn't have one of ours to listen to, so I figured, you know what, let me turn on the Brooklyn Boys. They're always good to us. Brody makes all our jingles and stuff like that. They're co workers. Why not support them, you know. And so thirty minutes in, Brody had said one hundred percent five times.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Thirty minutes in, have you texted him this? I haven't because I know he listens to this. So eventually he'll be like, dude, dude, why are you talking about me like that?
Speaker 2: And a DC all comments Brody to ed this when what.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, I love them, But you know, I have a thing with the one hundred percent you do. So again, when you say it so often, it's a crutch, you know, so I'm just just pointing it out, just like you say, you know a lot I do. Yeah, I will try to be more cognizant of that and not say it. You know, didn't say it, you know, I don't. I don't recall ever even saying that. I just made that up. I don't think you actually say it that often. I just wanted you to feel self conscious. Hey are you hungry?
Speaker 2: Not really? Why?
Speaker 1: Because we got this great box last week from Carla Maurie's friend. Oh the cotton candy? Yeah? Why not? I can go for some sugar.
Speaker 2: Chat about Also, while we're doing this, a conversation that was had, Oh.
Speaker 1: I need to go get something real quick.
Speaker 2: What I'll be back in less than Where are you going? Okay, he's such a weirdo. I don't know what he's doing. Where he's going, What is he getting? He's it looks like I don't know. Anyway, Scott is going to tell a story about something that happened. He has a coffee machine here. He's very odd with his coffee machine. What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: Don't piss me off right now with this?
Speaker 1: Why today? Today? As when we're recording this episode, it's national epinada day, So I'm getting raged. Why there's a bunch of epinadus. Oh you my god.
Speaker 2: We have great empanadas, delicious empanadas from Empanada City. Yes, thank you to the Brooklyn Boys for having them on your podcast and being your sponsor. Yes, what Scott's about to do should enrage everyone. It is infuriating. It is stupid. It makes zero sense.
Speaker 1: Currently, I'm not eating fried foods, Scott.
Speaker 2: You can't keep saying this. Why you can't keep saying this?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Because if you're not going to eat fried foods, it's great that like you think that what you're doing is healthy. It's so wasteful and makes zero sense. You eat a whole thing of pasta after you eat the inside of two epinadas and a whole bite of flyaw that you threw out. That is a wasteful thing. Don't chew the top off of an epinada like it's a grenade and suck out the inside. This is dumb.
Speaker 1: Why the apple filling is delicious?
Speaker 2: You're eating the sugar. Remember when you weren't eating sugar?
Speaker 1: Never stood, I'm not eating Okay, this tasts like honey, They're so good.
Speaker 2: Just eat the whole thing. No, why this? What is this gonna do to you?
Speaker 1: It's it's an entire fried thing. It's f.
Speaker 2: An entire thing of pasta. This is your third fillings of empanada.
Speaker 1: The other one delicious.
Speaker 2: You gotta stop thinking that what you're doing is healthy. It's healthy er, it's okay. A lot of things are quote unquote healthier. Vaping could be seen as an alternative to smoking. Technically it's healthier, you're still eating the inside of it.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. I have a cardiologist appointment in a month. I will ask him if what I'm doing is helping me or if it's just stupid.
Speaker 2: It is just stupid, and you're gonna eat one and banada, eat one and actually enjoy the full thing instead of you going for three of them and eating three fillings of them and then just throwing the rest out.
Speaker 1: I'll have him write a doctor's note, and you would, you.
Speaker 2: Would, because he's gonna say, oh, no, what you're doing is right, Hey, could you write that down for me? And because it's a doctor, it's gonna be just scribbles and you're gonna say, see.
Speaker 1: No, he has good hand.
Speaker 2: Actually, mmmm, it's just so wasteful.
Speaker 1: Why is it wasteful because I'm not eating the shell.
Speaker 2: You're just wasting ananada that somebody would have the full one of It's one thing to take a bite of something and say I don't like it. You eat the entire thing.
Speaker 1: And listen, Champ. There's fifty of them out there still, so they're gonna you head flying, They're gonna get I had a whole bite of flying. I only shucked it. I had a bite and then I looked it up and I was like, oh my god, there's a lot of cholesterol on the flo and so I threw it out.
Speaker 2: You in this cholesterol thing? Yeah, why aren't you just like going for a walk?
Speaker 1: Everything I do, I do, but I'm also trying to watch what I eat.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I could tell by the third empanad of filling that you're eating. First of all, that's sugar. The first two empanaudus were veggie, so it was just like a crush of veggie burger inside of it, which was delicious.
Speaker 1: It's the matter with you. This is my dessert is apple pie.
Speaker 2: It's just filling, the filling of the apple pie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's fresh apples. It's not like the comstock stuff in the can.
Speaker 2: Actually, no, they're frozen.
Speaker 1: Who cares.
Speaker 2: It's not like I have another fresh, but you said they were fresh.
Speaker 1: They were fresh. The skins are on that. I can't do this, dude. It's not like I opened up a can of pie filling and I'm eating it. I would, but I'm not you exactly.
Speaker 2: You would, And this is what I don't understand. You would eat the like a whole can of pie filling. Just eat the whole thing or take a bite or eat half of it and be like, oh, I'm.
Speaker 1: Good, what I just ate three quarters of it instead?
Speaker 2: It just makes zero sense.
Speaker 1: So should we still go to the box? I mean, there's so much sugar in that box? Or should we wait?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, let's have it because cholesterol. There's no cholesterol in cotton candy. That's what this bull chat is going to be called.
Speaker 1: Are you're titling it? There's no cholesterol in cotton candy. That's spectacular.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, a good friend of Carla Marie, I think.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, she owns a company. I can't. I just don't. It's just so infuriating because it's like.
Speaker 1: There's plenty of things that you do there if you're eating to.
Speaker 2: Me, listen, mine are little things. Yours is like a high I love this. If we could keep this.
Speaker 1: Forever, I love it. Well, let's keep this divider up.
Speaker 2: Yes you. I just I don't understand. I just don't understand anyway, So it steels like the match game.
Speaker 1: This box came from art.
Speaker 2: I like long walks on the beach, and that's.
Speaker 1: Not match game. Match game is worn't blank?
Speaker 2: What am I saying? What's the one I'm thinking of?
Speaker 1: You're thinking of the dating game?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the dating game. I like long walks on the beach and I'm an antistian.
Speaker 1: That's petition is backing two and two?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I remember you said that once.
Speaker 1: M hm. Oh we can use that, you know what, when it's time to break. Let's use that today.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, two and two?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay. Anyway, So this box came last week from the art of Sucre. Is that how you say it's soucre that's sugar in Spanish? Or no, it's not Spanish asukar is Spanish French? Is it? I don't know, but so and I brought one of them home and my kids was like, oh, my god, I follow her. It's Emily. Oh wow, oh somebody stole some. I know you did.
Speaker 2: You took it home.
Speaker 1: I took one one bag home. This stuff missing anyway, So this is the one that we should eat in. Let's see, it's cotton candy.
Speaker 2: No cholesterol, so we're good.
Speaker 1: Sugar cookie, peanut Colada, champagne.
Speaker 2: Actually, the champagne thing was really fun, I will say, because it changes the color of your champagne and it makes it look like there's glitter.
Speaker 1: Orange, bourbon and watermelon.
Speaker 2: Your hands clean, that's most delicious.
Speaker 1: Your hands clean.
Speaker 2: You can take a first piece, buddy, No, you can.
Speaker 1: Pull it out.
Speaker 2: Now you can.
Speaker 1: Here, I'll squeeze it. Look. So this is limited edition cotton candy, seriously lucky and we had some of this at home. Ready, there's there's Lucky Trump's marshmallows jammed in there. Take it. Just take the whole whole clump. Oh wow, mmmm ready, why do you day three cereal? Mmm? Wow? They're not good.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I'm just gonna do the marshmallows because the cholesterol.
Speaker 1: Yeah, m it's so good. It's so sweet, but so good.
Speaker 2: That's alicious. So the art of soucre Yeah, and you go here. Wow, you can go to art Ofsuecrey Dot.
Speaker 1: What's their instagram art.
Speaker 2: Of suit Gray as you cre go get yours now? I would actually try their other ones. Orange bourbon that sounds delicious.
Speaker 1: They get home, we have it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the glitter bombs that you could add to your drinks. I have to say those things are really fun.
Speaker 1: They're very interesting. And my daughter Cooper likes like putting things in water and things happening, Like right now, she's growing a sloth. You put this thing in the water and eventually like breaks out. Huh, but it's taking a long time. But supposed to be out in seventy two hours and it's still just poking its head out. So I'm not sure what's going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe it got stunted stunted growth.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So oh, speaking of Lucky Charms, So did you hear the story that there were like one hundred and fifty people who were yes, had some really really bad gastric problems from lucky trop I don't know if I believe it or not.
Speaker 2: Do we want to do one of these pouches too?
Speaker 1: Okay? I was talking about Lucky Charms but that's cool.
Speaker 2: These are good patches.
Speaker 1: Oh no, which one was mine? Which one was yours?
Speaker 2: Mine? Had all the marshmallows taken out?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Uh, continue about your the diarrhea.
Speaker 1: Nothing, nothing, just I'm just saying I don't know if I don't know if I believe.
Speaker 2: It me either. It's like the shrimp right, but yeah, yeah, I just I don't know whatever happened to shrimp tail, right, and.
Speaker 1: Whatever happened with the lucky Charms thing. Nothing ever came of it because I don't think it was substantiated.
Speaker 2: I don't think so either. No, I think it's quick to go viral these days, and then they people get popular and then people start asking questions and poking around, and that's when they all of a sudden they are like, why are you questioning me?
Speaker 1: It's not like they pulled it off the shelves. It's still there, right, good, I'd love the marshmallows.
Speaker 2: And god, there's no cholesterol in this. This is not Yeah, that's great. Should we do these patches?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: They're from the good patch?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Apparently you peel and place one patch on the inside of your wrist, and uh, it gives you things.
Speaker 1: What does it do?
Speaker 2: This one has vitamin B, some caffeine, some green tea extract.
Speaker 1: Why do you have the night night ones? There? You want to knock me out?
Speaker 2: No? Well yeah, why not? This one is for dreaming?
Speaker 1: Well those are both night.
Speaker 2: This one's awake.
Speaker 1: Do you have another day one?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well no, there's four patches in.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'll do it.
Speaker 2: Let's try him.
Speaker 1: What do you do with it? Just stick it on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's supposed to give you energy. I am okay, it's the claims are not substantiated by the FTA. I mean, I don't want to go into it pessimistically, but I don't think it's going to do anything.
Speaker 1: Where do you put it? Uh?
Speaker 2: This says peel and place patch on inside of wrist.
Speaker 1: Do they have a ginkle bolobo one?
Speaker 2: What the hell is that for memory?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: They actually do.
Speaker 1: I need that. What are you doing peeling it off? Don't put it on the hair? Go ahead? Okay, thank you. Now people are going to think that I have a nicotine patch there, nicorette. Yeah, no, it's fun. I don't have any hair me. I don't have hair right there either. Let's try the But what I mean what if it does. What if it's like it injecting us with some bad stuff?
Speaker 2: What if it has drugs in it? Nancy vacant but never.
Speaker 1: No, But what I mean you don't you don't know what's in these things? What if it is is like you don't feel anything.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm feeling.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling awaken, alive the hell out of here. Okay, let's talk about the thing that happened the coffee.
Speaker 1: You want to do it right after this or do sure, let's do it right after Okay, we'll be back in two and two.
Speaker 2: And we're back. I have to do the countdown.
Speaker 1: Dude, that is the longest space for sure.
Speaker 2: It's not again. You don't do anything. You come here, you show up, you insult me, you go home. I have to edit all of it and put it up.
Speaker 1: Edit. You don't edit it.
Speaker 2: I make sure it gets on YouTube. Except last week's episode. And it's not my fault because my computer is having issues.
Speaker 1: And last week was probably one of the best episodes to watch.
Speaker 2: I like that bull chat.
Speaker 1: We farted in the microphone.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that part was well. Anyway, I was so excited last wi when I listened last time I heard a Shopright commercial. Really, I mean, I know you don't listen, but yeah, in the right here in the New York, New Jersey area, there was a shop right commercial and I was very excited.
Speaker 2: I was like, Wow, they should actually advertise. I know they should right on one of the I'm telling you, this is our year. We're gonna blow up. Everyone's gonna be like whoa.
Speaker 1: There is one thing about it. There is one thing about shop Right that I have to bring up. So the big yellow trucks that drive you see him on the road sometimes. I know that. You know, you live in the city, so you don't see too many of them. But when you're on the parkway or the turnpipe. Not the parkway, no trucks on parkways, but you're on the turnpike, you probably see them. And so they have little slogans on the side. This is one of the older trucks, but I still see it. So there's the big Shopright logo and then it says why pay more with an exclamation point. Shouldn't that be a question mark? Like isn't that a question?
Speaker 2: No? Because think about it, it could be why pay more, or it could be why pay more?
Speaker 1: No, because then it would be why coma pay more exclamation point? And that wouldn't make sense grammatically. And why is a question? Right?
Speaker 2: You should write to Shopwright Corporate.
Speaker 1: I don't need to write to them. I'm just I'm just curious, Like if Brody was here, what would Brody say?
Speaker 2: Do you want to call him?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You know what, Let's do that.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's call him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, call him.
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 1: Don't mention the hundred percent? No I am no, no, no, don't.
Speaker 2: Let's see. I think yeah, nine eight nine two eight.
Speaker 1: Let's try this all Let's see if he picks up David Brody from I bet you he's not going to answer the Brooklyn Boys podcast.
Speaker 2: He's not going to answer.
Speaker 1: I think you will, well you think you're sleeping on the couch.
Speaker 2: No, he's not going to answer because it's you.
Speaker 1: What if I try calling you? I bet he answers.
Speaker 2: That would be not nice.
Speaker 1: But my phone doesn't hook up to the Superman box it can Yeah, he's not going to pick up all right? Well, well wait wait, give it one more? Ring you dinghy one more? Did he answer? No? No?
Speaker 2: Well, okay, we tried. I guess we'll never know, or he'll call us back in while the show is going on.
Speaker 1: I don't know anyway. I think it should be a question more because I think why pay more is a question?
Speaker 2: Okay, So let's get back to the topic at hand, the coffee that I meet today. Yes, you have a c rig that's sitting right there. You refuse to use the one that I want to use.
Speaker 1: Because I fear the one that I got because I think people do stuff to it.
Speaker 2: Nobody did anything to it.
Speaker 1: We don't know that we're not here at night. That one's out in the open. This one's locked up.
Speaker 2: Okay. But before that, when I even brought it in, you hated it. I did, Yes, So you had a gripe with my coffee machine since I brought it in.
Speaker 1: Because I think you might have done stuff to it at all. I don't know what you put in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my thing. I just love playing with machines. I'm not You're right, I do sleep with the coffee maker. Soke's been the side chick.
Speaker 1: See told you?
Speaker 2: No, it's so.
Speaker 1: I have a burning sensation on my hearth, does feel a little warm. What's happening? I'm telling you to doing caffeine for our bodies. Who it's putting a chip in me drugs?
Speaker 2: Nancy, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Go on, I took the Dare pledge.
Speaker 2: Nancy, go ahead anyway.
Speaker 1: I don't think I don't think there was a thing yet she was.
Speaker 2: Just say no, okay, Well Nancy, I didn't say no, he drugged me. What I should have done this one because it had himp extract go ahead, and then you would have had it, and then you would have probably had a meltdown on live radio podcast. Anyway, So today I wanted to use your cuic I didn't buy my dunkin, so I went to go use your coffee machine.
Speaker 1: Which I wouldn't have minded.
Speaker 2: I have a bottle that I bring in every day. Hmm, A water bottle, yes, right, it's a great It's Beaker bk R. If anybody is listening from anywhere that is even remotely involved in that company and sent them to us, I would love that so much. They are my favorite glass bottles. Here. I want cold water. We are running out of what are they? Bottled bottled water like the Dasaanni ones that we get Dasani?
Speaker 1: What do we get get? Pure life?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: From Nessli. They just changed the label. It looks like a weird little.
Speaker 2: They're trying not to say it's Nestlie.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, by the way, somebody is going to dmor or post below or whatever and they're going to say you shouldn't use water bottles.
Speaker 2: It's this is why I started bringing back my glass bottle. I started five days a week that I'm Hereycle. Do you know it's still goes to the same place, so you're not really doing anything in the nice try sport go ahead. So I like using my glass bottle and I put the water in it. It's nice and cold, it's wonderful. And then I pour it into a cup, a nice paper cup, and that's what I do, and it's great.
Speaker 1: Why don't you just get water from the water purifying machine back there into a cup.
Speaker 2: Because that holds a full Leader. And how much water do you drink? I drink at least four lids a day. Leaders, That's yeah, it sounds very Canadian. I have like at least four liders a day.
Speaker 1: It's so great. No, the soda still comes in Leaders, so I get I'm sorry pop for the Midwest friends.
Speaker 2: I drink a lot of water, so instead of going and filling up a small cup every time, I just bring in my water bottles.
Speaker 1: And exercise would be bad.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm drinking four gallons of water. What are you doing?
Speaker 1: You said, leaders? Leaders, Well less than gallons?
Speaker 2: Well two of those is a full gallon, you dope, not exactly ime disease. It's nice that you're showing concern, but it's lime anyway.
Speaker 1: I just don't want you to sound dumb. I want to make sure people you're a very intelligent person. Oh okay, everyone makes mistakes, so do I? We all do?
Speaker 2: You never admitted everyone?
Speaker 1: So yes, we do. You know the song anyway?
Speaker 2: And your dad from my water bottle. So I took my water bottle water, which again I have said, I pour it into a cup. My lips do not touch this bottle ever, and I clean it ever in my dishwasher. That's why I bought it, because glass can go in the dishwasher. Your dishwasher is dirty, okay. Anyway, Yes, I poured it into this cuig machine, the single cup one, and Scott had a meltdown. He's going to say he didn't, but you all have listened to us for a solid two hundred episodes. At this point, Scott has meltdowns over the stupidest things.
Speaker 1: That's true. I'm not going to deny that.
Speaker 2: So he had a full on meltdown saying, how could I put my dirty water in his machine?
Speaker 1: Your dirty mouthwater?
Speaker 2: My mouth has not touched this bottle ever. It has like a straw.
Speaker 1: Oh so there's backwashing there.
Speaker 2: I have not used it that way in like a two three years, and I wash it.
Speaker 1: That's old.
Speaker 2: I wash it pretty consistently.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Andrew. I know, because I wash it, I'm gonna have to get like that coffee pot cleaner and run it through there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good luck with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If anything, it's my water is clean because it come from the machine. Okay, and it's boils in there too.
Speaker 1: This is a silly conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know, I'm right, hey guy, because once I spell it. Oh, I'm sure he's not eating the tip off of it and then sucking it out.
Speaker 1: Oh no, No, that guy is healthy. He's eating everything.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's not nice.
Speaker 1: What no one can see who he is?
Speaker 2: That's not nice.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? Wow? What bullying?
Speaker 2: Knock it off.
Speaker 1: I'm not bullying. I was just talking amongst ourselves and nobody knows who it is. So what's the difference? See that guy over there, he's eating them all too Wow? What anyway? Ten bucks says, he stops at the table ready, five four, three two one? Damn it, I ten dollars. But when he comes back from the bathroom, you well, you're.
Speaker 2: Not gonna give me my ten dollars.
Speaker 1: I will, you won't, just like you paid me that time. Remember, I forget what that was. But do we think this caffeine thing is working? Is that what this is?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Maybe that's why I'm so jittery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, be awake, stuck in the afternoon slump. This patch is complete with caffeine B twelve and green tea.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have a burn on my wrist.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you will.
Speaker 1: Hey, what are you watching right now?
Speaker 2: What am I watching? Severance?
Speaker 1: I haven't heard of that.
Speaker 2: It's on Apple TV. It is excellent. It is a phenomenal show. I cannot suggest it enough. The season finale aired yesterday. Oh today, came out today and I haven't been able to watch it yet, but I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: Friday came out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, that's cool.
Speaker 1: Amy and I've been watching the dropout. We love it, cannot get enough. I think the last episode is out and we're gonna get ready to watch it. Have you watched the HBO documentary HBO? No, the ABC documentary you mean?
Speaker 2: No? The HBO one on what? Yes? No, the one that it's based off of.
Speaker 1: I thought it was based on the twenty twenty thing. No, are you sure? It's actually based off an AB book podcast?
Speaker 2: Well again, which is called Bad Blood? Which is the book? Okay, it's all based off.
Speaker 1: Look, I read the credits and it says, you know, based off the I don't want you to sound down. I don't want to sound Please educate me yet.
Speaker 2: I'm trying. But every time I keep saying something, it's it's the ABC special that's put it in the credits.
Speaker 1: That's what it says. Yes, what is the HBO? First of all, can we just say and let everybody know we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Fairh nose Elizabeth Holmes, she talked like this one drop of blood.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, though, I don't recall this even being in the news years ago. I don't remember. I don't remember this whole thing.
Speaker 2: So I so it's been a while. This one. It's it's been a long time coming, and it's recently had renewed interests because her the court, like her trial finally happened, right, and she's probably not going to go to jail, and it's a whole contract.
Speaker 1: Tell me, I didn't watch the last episode yet.
Speaker 2: Well, you probably won't find this out.
Speaker 1: Okay. So she's a Stanford dropout, that's why it's called the dropout. And she invented this machine that takes blood that didn't really work, that tests blood. He's supposed to be able to on a drop of blood test two hundreds of just one drop of blood. Yeah, which seems like it, Yes, would be amazing and could happen one day, if.
Speaker 2: What she claimed could happen, we're true, it would be a medical miracle because instead of doing blood work where they take vials and vials of blood to test all this stuff, they could just take your one drop and test you for a million things at once.
Speaker 1: And you know what, I believe that eventually that will happen. He's just not there yet.
Speaker 2: I've asked my friend who's a doctor, and he said, it's actually way more like it can never happen. Really, it's the technology behind it is pretty close to.
Speaker 1: Like, Okay, well, I mean the Caveman didn't think they'd ever be able to drive a car either, But.
Speaker 2: I don't even think they thought of the concept of a car.
Speaker 1: When they invented the wheel. They were like, huh, maybe we can get four of these and put them on the thing with gas and drive one day. And the other guy was like no, and hit him in the head with a club. You know, exactly the aversation happened. That's the same thing that you're talking about with the doctor. People are skeptical and like, these things can happen, but eventually it could. Eventually, Yes, anything could happen. Anything could happen. I still think we'll be able to teleport in one hundred years.
Speaker 2: No, that'll never happen. Okay, that one. Okay, So this one I could blow your mind with. Would you be the same person after you teleported?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, why not?
Speaker 2: Because you're because chemically to take you from one place to another, It's like this version of your body is dead to take you to a new place and re put you together.
Speaker 1: Basically, you're just jamming yourself into a fax machine and coming out somewhere else. That's really what it is? That's the technology? That what.
Speaker 2: The fact that you just called teleportation technology a fax machine technology, I think is all I need to know.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you. It's so fun. Episode also about that, back to Sawyer being sick. So we're lyme disease. Yes, we were on the way to the vet, which is an hour from our house, so we were halfway there already and we're like, damn it, we forgot all the paperwork from the from the other day with the blood results and everything. So I had to call my dad, and my dad in technology really do not mix. So I was like, listen, I need you to do me favor. Can you please go to our house? And the paperwork is sitting on the counter now it's like eight pages, so I'm not really sure. I'm like, I think I don't know if you'll know how to take a picture of it and send it to me without it being all messed up, you know. So I said, do you still have a fax machine in your house? And he's like, yep, I know how to do that. So he went home and I have an e fax from work, you know. So it came right to my phone, which was great, and all the pages were there and scanned and whatever.
Speaker 2: My mom faxes me things all the time.
Speaker 1: I still think that a fax machine is fascinating. I really do. Before you know, it was email attachments and whatnot. I mean I just was like, wow, you so you put that in here and it comes out of the same machine in California yep, seconds later. Yep. It's fascinating. It still is fascinating to me, even with you know, flying cars and stuff. That that's it for me.
Speaker 2: We haven't really gotten to flying car, you know. But they're trying.
Speaker 1: They're prototyping them. They're trying so which, by the way, in my mind, will never work. Ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a whole different set of traffic rules.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. You have an accident in the sky, Okay, everyone below is dead.
Speaker 2: It's like hello, yeah, it's not. I don't know how that's gonna work.
Speaker 1: I just don't think it can.
Speaker 2: Okay, So back to the dropout. Yes, sorry, we've really been ping pong and back and forth to the topics. Okay, So that one she wound up getting caught because then she was scamming people out of money and.
Speaker 1: They put them in Walgreen stores. Yeah, but it wasn't even real.
Speaker 2: I know, she was just sending the blood work out, I know, and it wasn't just a drop at that point no, huh yeah, and then people were thinking they might have cancer because like the diagnoses were wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, yeah, it's a very interesting series. It's called The Dropout and it is streaming on what is it a Hulu?
Speaker 2: But HBO has a documentary called Bad Blood, which also has the APC documentary. It's all just yeah, I would like to see that too. And Jennifer Lawrence is going to play her in a movie apparently, and that's gonna be really good because I have a feeling she's going to do a good Jennifer or Elizabeth Holmes.
Speaker 1: Does Elizabeth Holmes make money on all of this? So is they're using her likeness?
Speaker 2: Did you watch the one with Anna Delvi? No, that was the one where she scams people. She like wanted to start an art institute and she scammed all these like social lights in New York out of millions.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, so she I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: But it was on Netflix. Yes, the show is terrible, but she got three hundred thousand dollars for her life story but all of it had to go to pay off the people she's still trying to pay off, got it.
Speaker 1: I just I don't understand scammers, like why and I don't know, Like you get these calls every day, you get these emails every day. Well, my mom constantly tells me I want an iPad? What do I do? I'm like, you didn't win anything, please just stop.
Speaker 2: Well, I think when it comes to scamming, there's like different levels of scamming, right, Like we all get the scam emails that are like give me fifteen bitcoins. This video of you is getting released.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you and I both got that the same day. Could you imagine if those videos got released, we'd be in big trouble.
Speaker 2: Or like the one where it's like I'm a Nigerian prince, send me your bank account information. Yeah, you have those where obviously it's a scam, but the elderly do get caught up. Then you have your phone scams where it's your car insurance is running out. Call now, the IRS is looking for you. Call now, that's a big one, and people pay that a lot. That or the utility bills.
Speaker 1: We're gonna shut your electric off if you don't send us a Walmart gift card.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, they're holding you hostage for a Walmart gift card.
Speaker 1: That's the thing, you know. I guess that their thinking is if we send a thousand emails out, one idiot will.
Speaker 2: Bite exactly, And that's how it kind of goes downhill. But when it comes to scams like tender Swindler or this one.
Speaker 1: That's what's been happening to me kind of. I don't know if that's I don't think I mentioned this on this show, but there are people who are making fake Instagram profiles all my pictures, yeah, and then claiming that you know, my wife died in a car wreck and my kids that they're alone and this one's in the hospital and needs it and and wound up taking this one woman in England for her whole life savings as me. And it is so it's so upsetting. Yeah, And they don't use my name though that like their name is like Paul Richard or Raymond or something like that. But it's all my pictures, so they sell a sob story along with with you know, me and my kids. And I think that the most upsetting thing is that you like, there's pictures of my kids there, so they're like, my kids are the pawns in this little game, I know, and Instagram is just like, eh, yeah, sorry, I actually just got a response today. Sorry, we can't take it down. You know, it's not that doesn't violate our code of conduct. It's insane talking about it, right, stupid. You'd think that, like somebody making a fake profile on an account or on their website where it's supposed to be connecting with real people, would be a violation of the terms, but apparently it does not. I can't believe by now Instagram, of all places, does not have some sort of facial record technology and when they see an account pop up with the same face as somebody else, it doesn't raise a red flag.
Speaker 2: Again, they're not interested in like that as much as they are everything. Every page that you've ever been to, well that they could use that they can sell you ads, right, they can sell us stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, the Hess toy truck is a stuffed animal this year. What what is that?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: The Hess trucks back and it's better than ever.
Speaker 2: Back to scammers.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is if you just have a good story that you could tell somebody and get enough people to believe in it, or you could just run away with that money, you're right, or just get people to sympathize with you.
Speaker 1: Let's come up with a story.
Speaker 2: I mean you already have one. You have a guy saying your kids are in the hospital, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not my story. Yeah, you and I need to come up with something like if we asked every listener for one.
Speaker 2: Dollar, yeah, we'd have five dollars.
Speaker 1: Probably we probably get a good amount of money, because what's one dollar. I always thought that, like if I was in some dire straits and I was like, you know, couldn't afford to live in my house anymore, or something like that. I was in the streets and and I was like, every listener, if you could just vendo me one dollar, that's all I want is one dollar. I probably get like five thousand, ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: I don't think you're got five thousand dollars. You don't think so if you maybe went on the radio show that we work for, that's true, yeah, right, But even then, I don't know how many people are just gonna willingly give a dollar to somebody.
Speaker 1: Oh, my god. So I did that coupon challenge with Diamond Diamond on the air and I used Ibota. Can I just show you, Yeah, you know what I bought? It is, right, Yeah, So i Bota is this app. So when you go shopping in the store, there are certain products that you buy, you know, at the store, and you scan your receipt when you're done, and it gives you money back into your account. It just dips into your PayPal account. For every twenty dollars you can, you can redeem it. And so if you have people sign up and they use your referral code, you get ten dollars for every single one of them. So I've already racked up one hundred and thirty dollars from people signing up and using my code.
Speaker 2: Are you happy?
Speaker 1: I'm so happy. I think that that's the coolest thing because I help you save money and you give me a little extra bonus. Yeah. So if you sign up for this and use this code, you get a bonus, and I get a bonus. So I might as well give it out right now, Andrew, I'm not asking for money, but just sign up. You can save a lot of money at the supermarket and You can get a bonus too, just for starting. You get ten or fifteen dollars or something like that. So it's I bought a ibotta get the app now and use referral code. Oh why h m m you work it up if you didn't get it, Oh why h m m you?
Speaker 2: Or go to his Instagram profile, the actual Instagram profile, not some guy with a private profile named like Carl. Go to at Z Scott e B and it's in his The story is in his highlights.
Speaker 1: Did it actually work though, because you had to redo it for me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can we give everyone your Instagram too, because you need some followers as well. I mean I don't use it, Andrew Putt, Oh you deleted it.
Speaker 2: I didn't delete it. The page is still active. It just I don't have the app on my phone anymore. It's been two weeks. I haven't checked my Instagram.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Oh I got it. Oh that's so sweet, thank you so much. I got another referral. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, anyway, you wanna take another break and my back right after this? Ten more dollars? Okay, So we are actually recording this episode a week before or no a day before the whole show goes on. I'm not gonna say goes on vacation, but is off for a week, because there are some of us that are not going on vacation. You are not. I am not. I am not, so Nate is not. There's a few people that are still in town.
Speaker 2: I'm actually excited for a staycation. To be quite honest with you, I'm excited because i can work from home for a week. Yeah, which is nice. I can't wait. This is like I'm gonna sleep in, I'm gonna relax. I'm gonna connect with some friends and your coffee maker. Yeah, my coffee maker very nice. I actually that is one thing I'm super excited about. I when I'm home, make an incredible told you an incredible cup of coffee. I have an amazing like set up a pour over. It's chici coffee as you would call it e and it's delicious.
Speaker 1: We're all about eight o'clock coffee. What eight o'clock? It's called eight o'clock coffee. It's the red bag. Okay, you never heard of it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I mean they're beans and we grind them where we buy the ground. Sometimes. See it's I have slowly began begun began begun drinking more and more coffee, and I'm not sure if it's good or not.
Speaker 2: See, I was at a point where I was drinking too much coffee.
Speaker 1: But then you hear something on the news where they're like, have six cups a day, it's great, Uh, and then it's not. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I think for what coffee does to me, I don't want to do that. I think it's a little too much. I notice like it very jittery. The worst is when I get like a caffeine high type of deal. It's not fun.
Speaker 1: See. I'm not sure that it actually does anything for me because at this point, I feel like it's just habitual and every morning at the same time I make coffee at home. Would you ever be able to quit quit coffee? Yeah, I guess because you know, like when I have a blood test or something like that, you can't. I don't drink coffee.
Speaker 2: What if we try and do it for a week? You should join my But here's the thing you should join my fake fitness challenge. Would you like to join it? No, here's the thing called the seven First of all, I want to know why I have to give it up for a week.
Speaker 1: It's not doing anything bad to me, just to see if your brain hurt.
Speaker 2: Why, because then you know how addicted you are to it, because you do have a caffeine. Without knowing it, we all.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're right, caffeine, sugar, everything, there's no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: Join the seven next time you could be in this fun group chat with us. I don't want to this one. I have to say. Yesterday was the juice day?
Speaker 1: What is it? Yeah, that's the thing. We were supposed to record Serial Killers yesterday.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: I'm not lie, I'm not lying, but you weren't going to be able to eat cereal because you're like, I'm juicing today. Damn it the one day.
Speaker 2: Okay, So back to the vacation thing that everyone just heard. Scott does a lot of work. To his credit, Scott does a lot before vacation. He has a lot of pre production or production that he has to do because everyone like, yes, so it's just a lot. So you already told me that you had a ton of productions they were recording in there.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: The person who was supposed to be on it, you told them one time we had to cancel it. So I was driving in.
Speaker 1: Well, you were coming into work on some other podcast, Andrew false not false, you told me. And also ten thirty okay, yeah, go on.
Speaker 2: So I was driving in to do this and then I could have done the other one at ten thirty. Over there, Life Spanglish. Go listen to it. It's a part of the Michael Turer Podcast Network. Listen to it wherever podcast are available. Do you promote this podcast over there? I don't think you do. Well, I'm I'm just a producer on that one.
Speaker 1: Oh well, maybe you can have them.
Speaker 2: They've been on our show.
Speaker 1: I know, maybe can have them talk about this one since you gave them promotion.
Speaker 2: They would love that. Okay, they want to come back on all right? Carolina barritaz in Honey German. Great podcast, Life in Spanglish. Goal listen now back to this. So that was going to be a ten thirty. I'm in my car on the way here.
Speaker 1: You're not calling it out of it. You're not going to get out of it, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: I am because you called me and said I don't think I could make it work. Dude, I don't think I could make it work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I just can't The whole controversy is not the fact they were pre recording. Is not the fact that we couldn't do it, the fact that you you couldn't do it because you texted me. You're like, oh my god, I'm juicing, I can't eat cereal.
Speaker 2: How would we have done it? How would we have done it?
Speaker 1: We would not have because you were juicing.
Speaker 2: How would No, I was even without juicing.
Speaker 1: I was planning on doing it. And then yeah, and then what I'm sing they were recording in there. No, Gandhi was going to come in and she was going to take your place.
Speaker 2: But how could she have because they were recording for the next week. They were doing all that at ten o'clock.
Speaker 1: No, they were ready to go by ten fifteen. Gandhi was gonna come in here and she was gonna eat because you couldn't.
Speaker 2: You called me and told me that no, don't come in.
Speaker 1: Then we're gonna have our listener on the phone or on the zoom or whatever, because she had the cereal at home.
Speaker 2: But I can't take any blame for this a little bit because we refuse to take blame for listen.
Speaker 1: Listen, pal, what if I said at ten o'clock all right, let's go. Would you have been able to eat cereal? Yes? Or no? No? Done? All right? What else? But no, because you you called to me, and if you said it called me, I was ready to come in.
Speaker 2: I was in my car, I know.
Speaker 1: But you couldn't eat. So what's the difference.
Speaker 2: You already had your work through. I was gonna sit here and Gandhi was gonna be there, So therefore it isn't moot. If anything, you just introduced incriminating evidence on yourself.
Speaker 1: Like a dope. It's not incriminating you.
Speaker 2: It is you said that Gandhi was gonna sit in here while I didn't eat cereal, and we had the listener on the phone. You had to work around. So therefore me coming in we could have done it correct. I had to catch a train and there it is, your honor. Let the court record show.
Speaker 1: No, I think that it would be the case would be dismissed because you weren't gonna be able to eat cereal anyway.
Speaker 2: No, because the point is I was coming in. You told me to stay home. Have a nice night with that one got today, Judge Harvey, in here, please what Judge Harvey, Judge, I wish it was Judge Judy, why she still walk? Yes she does. Oh, the people are real, the cases are real, the decisions are final, Judge.
Speaker 1: Judy, I don't think the cases really are real. We talked about this. I know.
Speaker 2: Anyway, what else we would be good on a court show?
Speaker 1: You think that we would be good on every show. We're not even good on this show. Have we'd have such a fun dynamic. No, I don't think we would, because I don't know if people just want to see two idiots yell at each other.
Speaker 2: I still think amazing races are in I don't I do. We would have so much fun.
Speaker 1: I don't you call that fun?
Speaker 2: Yes, going to fun different countries and we'd run around and catch flights and you would murder each other. I think that's what casting would want from us, and going in we would know that, so we would kind of lean on it a little bit where it would be like, oh, look at these two. I'm still trying to get on my six hundred pound life.
Speaker 1: That's my goal.
Speaker 2: Team podcast, that's what they'd call us, and then we'd I guarantee you we would make it far.
Speaker 1: Do you know that TLC does not have the extreme couponting anymore. I know they completely removed it from their website. They don't anymore, apparently what happened.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of shows like that, like VH one got rid of all their original program.
Speaker 1: Not even on there, It's not even on their site anymore. Does that mean that I can take the episode now and put it on YouTube and make money off of it.
Speaker 2: Probably no one's gonna check.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean the Discovery is the network. I mean they probably still own the rights to it, don't you think? Now?
Speaker 2: What have you checked Discovery Plus or any of those streaming services. I will have to because if it's still there, that they probably did it to move all their content there. This is the thing, And tell me if you feel this way.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: I feel like originally there were two or three apps that you would need. It was Netflix, then Hulu, and maybe you'd get one other one. Now I have like seven different streaming things, and it annoys me because I feel like half the time I'm paying for content that I don't even watch. I have Paramount Plus. Ask me when the last time I watch something on Paramount Plus was no? Right, thank you?
Speaker 1: So isn't it like over one hundred dollars a month for all that. Yes, that's insane, and that's on top of YouTube TV that I pay for.
Speaker 2: So this way I don't have to pay for cable at this point, I just should get.
Speaker 1: Cable because cable's probably cheaper, right, I mean, we pay I think it's like two hundred bucks for cable Wi Fi. A landline on a blame line?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: I still think that a landline is important, listen for an emergency, whenever whatever. They throw that into everybody's bundle because they're like, you're never going to use this, but just take it.
Speaker 2: It'll make your price cheaper.
Speaker 1: And how will I ever know that my car warranty is expired if without a landline? So curiously, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous, honestly, I don't. It just feels like there's just too much content nowadays and there's not.
Speaker 1: There is, And that's the thing. That's why, like a network TV show, the viewership is so much less than it was like ten years ago, because people are all over the place. It's the same thing with the radio show. There's so much stuff to listen to. Why would they listen to us? Like we have to be so compelling that they have to listen to us.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what's interesting about podcasting is that, like, unlike radio, we really have like a weird segment of an audience that we talked directly to twice a week.
Speaker 1: And aren't there like how many hundreds of thousand? There's gotta be millions of podcasts.
Speaker 2: No, well yeah, but on top of that, here's what's like super interesting and also weird. There's no way to tell what streaming numbers are. So like Netflix, when notice the next time you see a Netflix movie come out that's like a big budget one, yeah, make sure you look. They won't tell you how many people watched it. They're like, it's just the most watched. And I don't think that they should get away with that. I think they should have to report the numbers.
Speaker 1: They must have the statistics.
Speaker 2: Don't you think they do not report them? You do not have to report them. Isn't that insane? So they're just selling stuff? Oh, what's going on, Brody? I just saw that you call it. They have a conference call in a minute, but I can call you afterwards.
Speaker 1: Nah, it's too right, it's fine, But.
Speaker 2: They don't report their numbers. They're just like fifty million accounts watched it, but how far did they watch it? They don't tell you how much did they watch? They don't tell you.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing when you get it. When we get to listen on this podcast, how far in do they have to listen in order for us to do that?
Speaker 2: One we actually can find out, like a YouTube video, you could see how much people get in.
Speaker 1: Okay, but do you think people are listening to fifty minutes.
Speaker 2: Of I'll tell that. Yeah, I could tell you, but but.
Speaker 1: How far in do they have to listen before we get a listen credit?
Speaker 2: I don't actually know that. One newman knows told this before other Scott, Yeah, curious, thank you. Okay, but yeah, I think that's ridiculous. And I think that is going to cause all the streaming networks to go down because I think something one day is going to be like how Because think about it. If you make a movie right now, right, sorry, If you make a movie right now, and I say you're gonna get x amount of views, right, what is that worth? So if you're selling advertising dollars and saying trust us, you'll get the return on investment, but I can't report any of the numbers legally. Isn't that insane?
Speaker 1: I guess it's just a guesstimate. Exactly can you take this off? How do you get this off? Don't take it from the hair part. Ah, you just cut your finger my nail.
Speaker 2: I did get a hair gross.
Speaker 1: Huh. Now, okay, didn't do anything. Cotton candy is not the receptacle for that.
Speaker 2: Were you gonna eat it?
Speaker 1: I might have.
Speaker 2: No, you wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Did you see, by the way, last week, because when Kubby was on with us last week before that, we were talking about old eighties commercials and we played the cigarette mash. Did you see the picture I found? Did you not look online on Instagram? Again?
Speaker 2: I don't have Instagram. I haven't had Instagram for two weeks.
Speaker 1: Andrew, So wait, but you said that you go on your laptop and you look at it.
Speaker 2: I look at Twitter. I haven't looked at my Instagram in two full weeks.
Speaker 1: I don't know, buddy, that you're for a millennial. You're not doing very well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm over it. I hate it. It's stupid. It doesn't add anything to my life anymore. I just kept liking the same videos. So anyway, Look, there's the picture from my room from the eighties. There's a cigarette mash poster on the left there, and there's an ALF poster on the right. Because I was in the ALF fan club. I can't because you're the one that's out of this world.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 2: I know? Elf? Elf ended super depressing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're the one that's out of this world. That was his song. He put out a single, Everybody do the cigar ram Mash. That's not how it went at all. What are you doing.
Speaker 2: Cigar ram Mesh?
Speaker 1: What are you doing? Everybody?
Speaker 2: I just want to now check my Instagram?
Speaker 1: No via that. No, So I found a lot of my Alpha fan club materials. I still have a pad that has ALF on it. I found the record it's the theme song, and also his song on the back and a little pin Fine. It was fun because you know, back in the eighties, when you liked something, there was no website to go to. You joined the fan club, so you had to send away and then they would send you the fan club kit that had all the crap in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I still have some of the ALF crap. I love that mm hm.
Speaker 2: I did that with Nick magazine when it was out. There were a couple things in that magazine I wanted, so I would send away for it.
Speaker 1: Well, you know me, I used to send away for everything you had, the book you would go through. I just liked getting mail. That was my whole thing. You know. There would be a package for me and that would be the most exciting part of my day.
Speaker 2: I'm going to Philadelphia next Thursday.
Speaker 1: I want to come.
Speaker 2: Should I go to the Mint?
Speaker 1: Yes, you should.
Speaker 2: I'll go back. I went with Paton Renee once and it was nice. But I'm going back.
Speaker 1: Are they allowing visitors yet to the mint? To the mint? I'm sure they are, I hope. So I would like to watch the mint half dollars. I want to go to the zoo. Okay, the Phillies.
Speaker 2: You it's supposed to be really nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean we have zoos here. We don't have mints here.
Speaker 2: Though, Yeah, I mean I've been to the mint, though.
Speaker 1: We need to go to I want to go to the Bureau of Engraving where they make the bills. Where's that there's there's a bunch of them. If you I don't know, if you ever if you knew this, but oh I don't have any you have any cash on you at all.
Speaker 2: I might, I might a mike hold on.
Speaker 1: So take out like one. You have a one dollar bill maybe or two or something. So you see that h right there? Yeah, do you see what it says on top of it? Look really carefully, Enteral Reserve Bank of Saint Louis. Okay, So that bill was printed in Saint Louis. Every exit, every bill has a different letter. B is New York, This one's A.
Speaker 2: This one was made in Massachusetts. Wow.
Speaker 1: So that little letter on the left there, and that's what the serial number starts with. So when you see the letter in the serial number, just look at the little circle thing there, and that tells you where the bill was made.
Speaker 2: What a fun fact.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's a good one. That is a fun fact. And certain bills are only made in certain mints, not mints whatever they call them, the Treasury thing. I love that, Like the two dollar bills are only made in like two or three different ones.
Speaker 2: I think I want to go see the White House. That is my goal. But I want a White House tour. We didn't.
Speaker 1: We didn't get the freaking East. So when I got the email from them saying, unfortunately you did not get chosen in the lottery.
Speaker 2: I want to go to visit the White House. This is my year. I'm going to see it. I want to do it. I want to see all of it. You can just climb up the side that seems like it's unsafe. Oh okay, rather not, I'd rather make it inside a life. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh it's Easter Sunday coming up. Yeah, and Passover. Yeah, happy Easter or sorry, hoppy Easter, and happy Passover to those that celebrate.
Speaker 2: We used to have a bunny in our house and it was like a little stuffed animal and we go hoppy Easter, yep, hoppy Easter. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And this is also the time of year where people buy bunnies and chicks for people as gifts and then they wind up in the street month from now because people don't know what to do with them.
Speaker 2: Right, I have no idea about that one.
Speaker 1: No, it's true.
Speaker 2: I had a chick once. Yeah, maybe it was around Easter. I came home with a chick because I was with my Nona and we were on a farm and my Nona's like, she's Italian, she's off the boat Italian. And we were at a farm and I was like, oh, this is cute. And my Nonah was like, you want it? And I was like, yeah, I do. I was young and I came home with a chick and my mom was like, what the hell are we going to do with a chick?
Speaker 1: The little yellow one? Yes?
Speaker 2: Uh? And literally every time they walk, pee.
Speaker 1: Poop, peep, peep, peep, peep, pep, and they poop, that's what they call them peeps.
Speaker 2: Yes, So where was I going to keep a chick?
Speaker 1: So it's a good thing.
Speaker 2: There was no dog there, No, we didn't. That was before Luna.
Speaker 1: Sawyer would eat that thing up.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it was nuts. We had a chick for a hot minute and Minna I think when we actually gave it back to the farm or cooked it, No, was like, why didn't you keep it? My mom was like, where are we keeping a chick?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well, that's what happens in late April every year, is that all these like animal rescue places wind up getting an influx of rabbits and chicks because you know, chicks are cute when they're yellow and people all over, and then they grow into chickens and they're they're scary. People don't know what to do with them.
Speaker 2: I'm afraid of birds. I am so afraid of birds. I am terrible with birds.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I held the chicken and let me tell you, it's the scariest thing in my life. I gotta tell you two quick bird stories right after this, kid, if you want, we can't do three breaks. How do you mean, tour listeners?
Speaker 1: So last weekend or two weekends ago whatever, Amy and I went out to sag Harbor on Long Island and it's a you know, it's right by the water or whatever. So I was taking a walk and all of a sudden, I hear boom, and I was like, what the hell? And like a few feet away from me, a seagull dropped a clam or whatever in a shell so it would break so they could eat it. Because they go they pick the stuff off the beach or out of the water, whatever, and they can't open it with their beaks because they're yeah, they're tightly closed, so they drop them and they smash them. I mean, they're very smart and resource man, but you could get killed. If I get a clam dropped on my head from one hundred feet in the air, I'm.
Speaker 2: Dead, yeah, you know, And imagine I bet you there's like a weird statistic of like clam deaths per year.
Speaker 1: I'm not kidding. The thing was flying right next to me and I heard a smash and I was like, what the hell was that? And it took me a minute to figure it out, and I took a picture of it. I took a picture of the bird in the parking lot because I was like, wait a second, this is the birds are terrifying, this is insane.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you. I held a chicken once on my friend Nick's farm. I was so awkward holding that chicken. Let me tell you something. If I ever make it on Survivor, I bet you they're going to be like, oh, go catch the chicken. I'm not going to catch a chicken.
Speaker 1: Look at that bastard. He broke it and then he was eating it in the street, in the middle of the street. That's how close it was to me.
Speaker 2: It's amazing how smart they are. But it's also terrifying.
Speaker 1: Right, So, can I tell you my second bird story?
Speaker 2: Absolutely so.
Speaker 1: A couple of days ago, I was in my room getting dressed and the you know, the blinds are up, so my neighbor's got a show. But on top of that all of a sudden, feathers start floating down past the window like it's snowing feathers, Like, what the hell is going on? And I'm looking around and more feathers, and I said, girls, come here, look at this real quick. I said, it's raining feathers. What is going on? I said, I think I know what's happening. So I went outside. I looked up on the roof and there was a hawk tearing apart. I don't know what kind of bird it was, but that he saw me, and he was like and he took the thing. It was like dangling at it. He flew away with it, and it was like it was like shaking, you know. But and then there was like this feather pie on my roof. It was disgusting.
Speaker 2: No, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know that birds eat birds.
Speaker 2: I listen, hawks are we'll eat everything and anything.
Speaker 1: Our neighborhood has hawks. They perch themselves on the top of the trees and they watch it because they'll take a little dog too.
Speaker 2: Well. We worry about Luna.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Luna's probably a tiny bit too big.
Speaker 2: That's I think. But the hawks are big. You don't realize it until they.
Speaker 1: Swoop down like these little teacup dogs. Yeah, you gotta be careful, they'll come down and take them. Yeah, and they make this noise rock, They make this loud, angry noise.
Speaker 2: Is that your bird noise? Those people are like coco cock noses.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what they say, that's your bird. They're loud and angry like they make. That's the noise that they make.
Speaker 2: You you never watched the rest of development. No, No, they don't know how a chicken sounds.
Speaker 1: We'll just be like a because when you hear chicken, it's buck buck buck buck buck buck buck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't know how a chicken sounds. You're that with a hawk?
Speaker 1: Wow, Well that's how that's a howk That's how the the Cadbury Creameg commercial is. It's that's that's that's the chicken. I love Cadbury Kreameg. By the way, haven't had one in years, but that was always my favorite Easter candy. What if your doctor tells you you could have a Cadbury Creameg every once in a while, I wouldn't why because you know it's a gateway drug for you exactly because then I'm back on the bandwagon or off.
Speaker 2: It on it what? I think you're smart enough to know what you should and shouldn't eat, And I don't think you give yourself enough credit.
Speaker 1: And that's why I don't eat that stuff anymore. I try. I try not to because once I start, I will not be able to stop. That's the problem. You're like pringles. Once you pop, you can't stop. Or what's the law? You know that? Ken? He just one laze right, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, fifty seven minutes I think that's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, plus two or three commercial breaks, so you know we we were up over an hour? Yeah you want to actually let it go to an hour though?
Speaker 2: So ye, we're good. Really, I mean, what do we need to talk about for another two minutes? Three minutes?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Well, have a safe and happy holiday if you celebrate. Yeah, remember Easter candy half off on Monday. New serial Killers on Monday, New serial killers exciting? Do you remember what cereals they are? I don't even remember. Uh?
Speaker 2: Is he don't want?
Speaker 1: Is it the pouches? Yeah? Oh it's okay. So we have three bagged cereals coming up on Monday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was good.
Speaker 1: Mostly they're granolas.
Speaker 2: One of them was really good and one of them was really gross. Yep, it was that good.
Speaker 1: Better blah over that. I gotta you don't remember the title? Yeah? Did I even? I don't even think I sent you that. What I'm supposed to do.
Speaker 2: You haven't done any of it. In fact, that's it's terrible for me because then I sit there and I wait because I have everything ready and I just need two things from you.
Speaker 1: It's funny because like behind the Curtain, so Andrew will post the podcast on Sunday night to start Monday morning. Yes, and so I'll be sitting on the toilet Sunday night and I'll get a text, uh description an episode please. I'm like, dude, I know, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I just if you know, and then you should just do it afterwards.
Speaker 1: I should do it right now.
Speaker 2: Legit. Have a simple job. No, your job is simple. You just write the description and send me it I have to say, and you only have to do it for one episode, for one thing. I do bulchat. All of that is me. Guess who also puts it on spreaker? Me? Guess who puts it on our YouTube? Me? Guess who has to make the thumbnails for it. Me. Guess who has to do all of that and just needs you to do one single thing.
Speaker 1: I have to think of a clever title and write a description for everything.
Speaker 2: Take you that long?
Speaker 1: No, it shouldn't, but I like it to be good.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, I know.
Speaker 1: I appreciate all your You do a lot of work and because you're very knowledgeable. Uh huh, I don't know how to make thumbnails. I could, but I just didn't learn how to do it. I don't know how to need to learn.
Speaker 2: It's very simple. It's just literally going on swapping a picture, putting this it.
Speaker 1: Look there's no doubt about it. It makes me to go back. I need to learn how to do more things than I know how to do currently, because at some point in my life I'm going to need to know how to do those things because Andrew will not be there for me anymore. You know. It'll be a sad day and I will miss you greatly.
Speaker 2: Am I dying?
Speaker 1: No, You're not dying, but at some point we're gonna part ways. This can't last. Nothing last forever. You know. Wow?
Speaker 2: That got grim Thank you so much listening, Yes to hopefully a couple more episodes of this show.
Speaker 1: Please follow us at serial Killers PC and we call it serial Killers PC because the regular podcast is called serial Killer. So that's cereal with a C in case you don't know that we also eat cereal. Yeah, keel, all right, and that's it. So until we see you on Oh, I gotta get the ball.
Speaker 2: Monday, Monday.
Speaker 1: Should I leave the milk in the refrigerator for the whole week and see.
Speaker 2: New, new, new new until next week?
Speaker 1: Oh, Andrew this take? Can we please get a tablecloth with our logo on it? Well, you invest in that, Okay, until we see you next week, say clink Andrew, Colleen, look at that exactly, He's sixty boom wow