Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data. Let's take a look at.
Speaker 2: Some stocks on the move today. We're joined by.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we've had a mixed picture in tech earning, so I want to start there, Alphabet and Intel. We're talking about Yes, Google parent Alphabet, We're starting there. It shares a bit higher right the specifics or that it reported a beat on first quarter revenue profit that was thanks to strength and search advertising. Google Cloud actually brought in operating profit beat estimates, although it's slightly missed on sales. But this was really the news that the company needed because it needs to justify all the spend that it does in the AI race. It's been spending a lot of money there because growing competition, right, you have to spend more on infrastructure, on research, on talent, on all those things. So, yes, Google does benefit from AI startups at spend on it's you know, it's cloud and business tools. But people are starting to think of conversational chatbots as an alternative to Google Search, so that's what they're dealing with.
Speaker 2: Nobody cares. All they want to know is YouTube killed it. Yeah, because of their incredible creators like Lisa.
Speaker 3: Mateo most definitely. Okay, so we mentioned Alphabet. Let's go to Intel, so this is the flip side, right, so you have their shares have been down as much as seven percent week forecast for the current period and really tough words from its CEO, Lip Bhutan. He delivered his first earnings report from the company. So I wanted to point out a couple of things. He said, corporate culture needs a shake up, right, He's going to cut jobs, remove layers of management, force everyone back to the office. Expects operating costs to be reduced about seventeen billion this year, sixteen billion in twenty twenty six. And then when it comes to Levy's he said that a terra fueled recession could torpedo chip demand. So he had a lot to say in his first earnings report that came out.
Speaker 2: It basically is just a mess.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know it is, and he's got to clean it up. We go to T Mobile, the second largest wireless carrier in the US. We've been hearing about it right at and TV Rizon. So now T Mobile shairs have been lower as much as five percent mobile phone subscribers missed about four hundred and ninety five thousand subscribers that they added. It's still added more than AT and T Verizon reported to decline, but weaker wireless numbers really overshadowed kind of positive financial results. I mean, EPs, you had top estimates first quarter revenue, two raise its full year profit. But it's just this race to compete in such a saturated market between these three. You know it is people are tightening their budgets right, they're holding onto their phones longer. The CEO says, the company is not going to absorb the handset price increases. So you have all these things going on. They're rolling out promotions, incentives, they're just trying to get people to sign up for it.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, I think AT and T did well on their subs. Verizon and T Mobile did not do well on their subs. And that's just this quarter. Next quarter, it could be complete story, different story different. It's a zero sum game. Basically, you know, okay, and this.
Speaker 3: Whohoa, whoa, I look at it my cell phone bill.
Speaker 2: It's not a zerous giving. It's like a bordage pin. That's how they grow the revenue. It's just raising prices and they do and they have and it's a it's a triumply I don't know, triopoly. Yeah, maybe it's like a bank. It's outrageous.
Speaker 3: Tell me out on live shat am I run, I think I'm wrong?
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 3: Family plan is killing me? Okay, So we go to sketchers. Their shares have an off as much of five percent. The reason why Withdrew is full your outlook global trade policies. They make a big portion of their shoes from China and Vietnam, so force quarter sales below estimates. But have been trying to compete. Right, you have Nike and Adidas, so they offer the cheaper alternative. Right, they're trying to kind of break into that market. It CEO just says they're trying to navigate. Talk about economic volatility, we've heard that a lot too. The company said they're working to lessen the impact of new twists share in the cost with vendors optimizing supply chain, adjusting prices. But that too, like we've seen with the wireless thing, this is a big competitive market in.
Speaker 1: The twenty five percent this year, the stock movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.