Speaker 1: I Am all in.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 3: I Am all In with Scott Patterson, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: All Right, Everybody, Scott Patterson one on one interview, I Am All In Podcast, iHeartRadio one eleven Productions. We are going to be talking to a Jordan Belfie, who played the role of Jordan Chase for one episode in two thousand and five. His only appearance was in season five, episode eight, The Party's Over. His character was Jordan. He was sent to talk to Rory at the party by Emily, who told him that they were made for each other. Logan and erupts them and thanks Jordan for keeping his girl quote unquote busy. All right, A little bit about Jordan. He was born in Los Angeles, California. He's an actor and producer known for Entourage two thousand and four, All American twenty eighteen, Grades Anatomy two thousand and five. He has been married to Rochelle de Maria since October twenty seven, twenty eighteen. He has a young son. And we're going to get to know Jordan a little better. And why don't you bring him on in? Hey Jordan, Hi, Hey, all right, let's do it. Man. How'd you get into acting.
Speaker 3: How did I get into acting? Well, I started actually when I was a kid. I was obsessed with cinema. I was always shooting movies and wrangling all the kids from the neighborhood. So I was always obsessed with movies and with acting. I started doing commercials actually, you know, when I was a kid. But I went away to film school back east. I grew up in southern Calfin in LA, just outside of the you know, in the suburbs outside of LA. Went to New England to school to Wesleyan University. Was a film major. There was directing shows and performing in shows. But I was a film major. And then when I came back, I really started my career. I directed a your thesis film while in school that got seen when I got back to LA, passed around, got me picked up by the agents and managers I had at the time, and then I started my career wonderful.
Speaker 1: I am. DP page says that you were a camera production assistant on the movie Wild Wild West. Is that true?
Speaker 3: It's totally true. I was still in college at the time. I, like I said, I was a film major, So I was hustling and getting in and around anything that I could, And I got on that movie as a in the camera department, and I was a teenager and I was taken in by the camera crew. It was a famous director of photography named Michael Ballhaus fellows and tons of Scorsese movies, story DP. I worked in his department. The camera operator on that movie became like a mentor to me, not only just a friend, but a mentor, and he ended up shooting that that senior thesis film of mine my senior year of college. And so I built this amazing community of a film makers and friends who were serious professionals and became mentors and it helped me generate a start to my career. But yes, it's totally true. And will Smith was very kind to me at the at the time I was. Again, I can't say that he did, but it.
Speaker 1: Was, it was.
Speaker 3: It was a really formative point for me in terms of being around it was. It was the biggest of the big in terms of studio movies, and I was a teenager and I was right next to camera the whole time, and I took in all of it and it really affected me, affected what I wanted to do, but also the way in which I was going to go about doing it. I absorbed everything I could from, you know, the guys that were doing it at the highest levels, and so I was really lucky and really fortunate to be in that position and then to uh to take it all in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean watching a guy like Ballhause jeez, yeah, yeah, deep, He's always got me very excited. If you knew that it was a top guy and you're going to be working with a top guy, then everybody just kind of sat back and let him light and let him do his thing.
Speaker 3: And although I will say, I don't want to talk out of school, because again I was I was just a camera assistant on that. But a guy named Barry Soenfeld was directing that who famously, you know, made Men in Black, you know, with and movies I loved, like Get Shorty and things like that. But he I could even tell, and again I don't want to talk out of school, but I could even tell at that point that he and his style and Michael Bauhaus's style didn't really mesh. Oh no, And unfortunately, I think it's sort of like resulted in a movie that really wasn't what it could have been. But in terms of the people and the experience for me personally.
Speaker 1: But I mean, but Unfeld picked him or did the studio just say you're working with Balhausen.
Speaker 3: I can't. I don't know enough to be able to say say.
Speaker 1: They must have sat down. I mean they spend all of that time in pre production together, you know, mapping out shots and locations they were together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But you know, as with anything in any kind of collaborative art form, sometimes you know, it isn't until you're in the thick of it that you know you either you either line up or you don't.
Speaker 1: I know what happened. I Will Smith started just unloading on both of them, right, he was just slapping people all over the place. Right.
Speaker 3: It isn't true, but funny, funny thought nonetheless. But yeah, I mean that's why I think, even in my own career, in my own life, when you find people that you work with that you just that spark happens. It's a sort of difficult thing to describe to people outside of it. But there's an electricity, there's a sort of ineffable, you know, ethereal connection that can happen that becomes a electric and profound And when you find that in somebody that you're working with, you want to work with that person over and over again. It's why you see you know, you know DiCaprio and Scorsese or any of these teams, or the movie after movie after movie. You just want to keep working.
Speaker 1: With those I found that several times. But it was always with the craft service food I found.
Speaker 3: But equally equally is important.
Speaker 1: Amazing. What do you remember about your role on Gilmore Girls?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so when you guys reached out about this, it was it was going a minute.
Speaker 1: Did you even remember being on this ship?
Speaker 3: Oh? No, I know. I will say, I'm not going to pretend that I don't remember. You know, you try to think that, oh, I'm way past that, you know. No, I remember everything and everything I've ever done, and I remember almost everybody I've I've ever worked with. That's the way my mind works, and that's the way my heart works. But uh, what what do I remember about it? I remember, I remember auditioning for it. I remember in the room it was a very specific thing that they said, uh that we talked fast on this show, and that's just the way we do it. I remember even in the audition them telling it. It was just sort of a thing. I think they said to any actor, any performance coming through, this is our this is the world, this is how we we operate. And it was very clear from moment one that that's how they operated. The other things I remember, I don't know how much detail you want, but.
Speaker 1: I want it all, man, give it to everything.
Speaker 3: Oh god, man. I remember that that they were very into for characters like like you know that came through for an episode like mine. They were very into using your own name the name of the character. There was something about that that I think that they thought that gave us sort of some extra little authenticity, something little icing on the cake.
Speaker 1: Well, they didn't have to clear it.
Speaker 3: That might be a practical legal reason that I'm not aware of, but I'm going with the artistic side. But you might be right. I'm trying to give the creators and the and and the writers.
Speaker 1: That is what I do. I ruin it. I ruin it. I just I just I'm.
Speaker 3: Sure all the magic and mystery.
Speaker 1: I just keep my mouth shut. I'd be I'd be a lot better off now.
Speaker 3: Scott, It's cool. I actually I believe I believe it. I believe that characters like that they.
Speaker 1: It's not cool. I gotta stop rowing and stuff. Man, No it is. It's an amazing detail. It's fraught with artistic integrity. You used your own name.
Speaker 3: I didn't use my own name. They changed the name of the character. What a twist, I mean for all of it. Man, the character this I couldn't tell you. I don't remember what the character was named. Prior to me, it was something Chase, but they changed it. I showed up, I got the script, and all of a sudden it was Jordan Chase and some of the other things I remember. I remember very distinctly waiting probably twelve hours to shoot. It was one of those things where I remember sitting in the trailer whatever schedule. The schedules like that happen all the.
Speaker 1: Time, and you probably got the call from the you know, saying, hey, you know, we're just about to get to your scene.
Speaker 3: You need to come back now correctly.
Speaker 1: Then you're there all day.
Speaker 3: The reason I remember that, Scott is because I know I'm from LA but my entire childhood and life I've been a Boston Red Sox fan. This was two thousand and four. This was October of two thousand and four. I remember it very specifically, this.
Speaker 1: Is when they is this the first time they won it in a long time? Right?
Speaker 3: This was the year that the one and while we were shooting Gilmore Girls, the alcs between famously between the Red Sox and the Yankees where they were down three games to zero and then came back in one fourth straight in this miracle thing to beat the Yankees in order to go the World Series. And the reason I mentioned that is because I remember during those twelve hours that I was waiting at the end of the night, I sat in my trailer and I watched the Red Sox lose one of those three games to the Yankees, and it burned in my mind. And then when they finally called, I went and shot that's that's stuff and Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 1: So you're borrowing from your own life and bringing it into the work.
Speaker 3: Borrowing something interesting.
Speaker 1: From Jordan with the loss, the baseball loss.
Speaker 3: It's true because in that scene I am I am totally rejected.
Speaker 1: I do lose because I remember watching the episode and I remember seeing you, and I said, this guy is rising above some serious pain. Now I know what it is.
Speaker 3: I could tell the sarcasms a little thing, A dare you diminish that role. No. I And again, I don't know if this is interesting to you or your your audience, your listeners. But the other reason I remember that time so specifically is because that two thousand and four, as long ago as that was, it seems like a lifetime ago. It was actually a very transfer. Well, it was kind of an inflection point in my career because that was also the same year that I started on Entourage. Ah, and that changed my career.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, So what was the part like on Entourage? What did you do on Entourage?
Speaker 3: I played this character named Adam Davies. I was an agent. I started out as Johnny Drama Kevin Dillon's character, his agent, and then I grew to become a nemesis to Ari Gold and Jerem Pimmon's character. And so I did it for six years. But that year, the first was the first episode that I did, And it was supposed to only be one episode originally, but it just it became something that grew. Deug Gallon, the creator kept writing me in and it just became this this character on the show. But that was the same time I was doing this this Gilmore Girls, and so it's burned into my memory for that reason as well, was that it was one of those as an actor, you remember those moments in your career. There are these like points along that that graph that you're like, that's when that happened and that changed. It was that.
Speaker 1: So what do you remember about filming with with Matt Zukri and Alexis Bledel.
Speaker 3: You know what's funny is that I just worked.
Speaker 1: With Matt no on The Resident The Residence.
Speaker 3: I just and we talked about it and it's it was it's one of these things about this this business, and it's a beautiful thing actually that you know, in effect, it's a very very small business. It's a small world, but it's an infinitely smaller business. And you know the fact that you could circle back with somebody and reunite and work again, you know, seventeen eighteen years later or whatever it is, is remarkable and it's you know, it's it's super fun. I mean I didn't I got to be honest, I didn't get to necessarily know them super well, you know, from coming in and doing an episode. But everyone was cool. I mean it was fun. And you know, for anyone that's listening that doesn't know what we're referring to. What I remember is that it's basically this party, and I'm hitting on Rory. Is it? It's work. I've been asked to go up by you know that she's you know, maybe available, or at least that's what I've been told, and I go hit on her.
Speaker 1: And as as a young man would, as.
Speaker 3: A young upstanding man would.
Speaker 1: I don't invited to the party for that very purpose.
Speaker 3: So so Matt, you know, in the scene, Matt slides in and save her from from me. As I write, so we're big.
Speaker 1: We're big Matt fans here at the podcast. We adore, we adore Maddie.
Speaker 3: He's a nice guy.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's a terrific, terrific guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I will. And you know, I think a lot of times because I've you know, I've guested and recurred on many, many, many many shows, and you're in an interesting position when you're coming in to do an episode or two or three, or do an arc on a show like that, because you're essentially a guest in someone else's house. And in a way I've been told, you know, I don't think about it this way, but in a lot of ways, it's actually a more difficult position to be in.
Speaker 1: I agree, I do it. I agree with that you have.
Speaker 3: To just sort of drop in to an already established.
Speaker 1: World, especially that show.
Speaker 3: Especially that show, but an already established universe that has its own rules, its own tone, it's its own rhythms.
Speaker 1: You weren't allowed to look at anybody, right, those signs were up, don't You're.
Speaker 3: Not allowed to look at Mad or you know, or Alexus in the eye. I mean, those things color it. But but you have to drop in and operate in this way that like it's seamless with with a world that's already established that you have no ramp up to ease into, and so you've got to drop in and be there. Yeah, in a way like doing a role like that on Gilmore Girls. I mean it's, uh, you just got to kind of you've got to execute. You got to drop in and be there.
Speaker 1: Did you rehearse? Did you rehearse your scene? A ton of times? That way?
Speaker 3: Oh? Personally or personally with or with with the Mad and a Lexus?
Speaker 1: No, I mean your like the Night Course, I mean, of.
Speaker 3: Course, I mean you you know, you do all your own work, and a lot of that, particularly because I'm probably not telling you anything you don't already know, or most of your audience doesn't already know. But the speed of television there is zero rehearsal and so.
Speaker 1: Really well known. Well for that, I guess that kind of a scene they didn't they didn't they didn't rehearse the scene.
Speaker 3: Not just not just that kind of scene, any scene. I mean you And what by I mean zero rehearsal. You might do it a take or a rehearsal take or to just to sort of you know, stage it for for you know, the director and the crew and they see you know your position and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they have to do it for camera to get focused focused us.
Speaker 3: You run it. You run it once or twice for those reasons, sort of practical reason and sometimes you know, for you to find it for a second. But you don't have time to work it and make discoveries. And really you're expected and and as you should be, you know, to to be ready to go and turn it on and execute, and television and and a lot of movies, you don't have time for that. You you got to be a pro and show up. And so even more so with a scene like this, like we're not going to rehearse, rehearse, it's like you're gonna be brought in, You're going to drop in, You're do it once for camera and for Marx, and then you're gonna shoot. Yeah, particularly when they're running as far behind as they were that night, right exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, You poor guys have to pay the price every time with those big setups, in those big party scenes they take forever.
Speaker 3: It's a small it's a small price to pay for that price.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So when you're out in the in the real world outside of the Hollywood bubble, are you recognized for the Gilmore girl role? Are you recognized for the Entourage role? What do you recognize for?
Speaker 3: There are a handful, you know. Again I say this humbly, and you know, out of complete uh gratitude for people, you know, having appreciation for your work. It's not too or anything like that. But yes, there are. There are a handful of roles that I've had the wildly good fortune to play. The people love that. People watch over and over again and recognize me for when I'm out and about. Probably, you know, the the biggest one is Entourage because it has that show, you know, although it's been off the air for a number of years now. The fandom around that show and the way it was a kind of again it started in two thousand and four. HBO was the prestige game in town. It was no streaming. HBO Sunday Nights was sacrocick. It was the prestigious night of television. In fact, remember the whole thing HBO. It's not TV, you know, it's HBO.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: It was that era of like just you know, Sopranos was still on, but you know, Sex and the City and then Entourage came. It was like zeitgeist stuff.
Speaker 1: Right, they're using swear words.
Speaker 3: Wow. Yeah, But I can't tell you how many people love come up to me quote my own lines back at me, want to talk about it, or tell me about how they moved to La because of that show, or they wanted to get into the entertainment business because of what they saw on Enturage or whatever it was. It was a lot of people's window kind of lyriistic jokes on Yeah, it is really true. But you know it's also interesting, Scott, is that when you look enough, time passes because La itself was sort of almost another character within the show, because it was all about Los Angeles and it was all shot on location in and around Los Angeles. What's amazing is when you look at the show, now, how much of a kind of time capsule for Los Angeles the show because unfortunately, how La What La is sort of what's happened in La in the past handful of years and you look back on entraage and you see it glaringly. But anyway, to finished answer your question, Entourage and I start in, you know, in a Hallmark you know rom com, a kind of you know holiday Hallmark movie. Oh really, for whatever reason, I you know, I start in this movie. People, it's one of the most popular Hallmark movies.
Speaker 1: Of all time, no kidding? Who is who is your co star? Who is the female?
Speaker 3: A woman named Katrina Law? Okay, Katrina is now on NCIS, but they they play it every single holiday season for ten years. It is remarkable. And what's what's special about that? And I'm not diminishing that genre at all, because it's is that it because it airs every year, and it's part of it's become a part of people's holiday traditions. You're in their homes. You're not just in their homes, but you're in their homes during the period that they're most kind of with their family in that kind of cozy place. So for for my movie, for that movie to be a part of people's tradition and their family time in that way, it's a really special People love it and you know you can't help, but just you know, be grateful for being able to be a part of that, you know, be a part of people's lives in that way. So those are probably the two things off the top of my head that people recognize me the most out and about.
Speaker 1: Got right right of course. So you played opposite Jeremy Piven. Did you get to work with him during you know, during your scenes or did you shoot your scenes separately? What was it like working What was it like working with him? Because I know he's a he's I don't know him, okay, but I was around him a little bit at one point the I don't know, twenty years ago. He's a very intense guy, right did you find him to be? And he's a very good actor, ya, So what tell us about that experience? Did you bring your bongos.
Speaker 3: Bring my bonds?
Speaker 1: He's a big into drumming?
Speaker 3: Oh is he? I will? I will admit I didn't know that, right. Uh, he's a very good actor, and he brings he brings a lot of originality and instinctiveness and energy and force to the role, and specifically that role. I think I think everyone once in a while, every once in a great while. I mean, in fact, I think if it happens once, maybe twice in your career, that you as a performer, as who you are and a particular character just aligns so much that it sparks why and if you and you know, a lot of people spend their whole careers searching for that that role. It just it's And the thing is is that there's a good deal of it that's outside of your control, because.
Speaker 1: You find that most of the time that role finds you.
Speaker 3: It's a good question, you know what I mean. I do know what you mean. I'll give you an example. I'm in I'm starring in a movie right now that's in theaters. It's been in theaters for the past this is the seventh weekend. It's the latest film that I'm called Nefarious. It's me and Sean Patrick Flannering came.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know Sean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a terrific Yeah, and a really like a really solid good guy. And the movie is essentially what they call a two hander. It's really just a two person movie. So it's just me and Sean for almost the entirety of the film, which is insanely rare, incredibly unique, and you just don't see movies like that anymore. And there's it's really about performance and and and because so who you're acting opposite is everything that that role is one of the you know, one of the best juiciest, delicious, rich complex roles that I've ever had the opportunity to play. It's you know, and and also being released to theaters as it is and being as successful as it is, it's like had this insane run. I mean, the number of variables that have to come together for all that to happen is lightning in a bottle that most of which you can't control. But to your point, how that movie came to me, I'll still never.
Speaker 1: Really know, because you're in the game.
Speaker 3: You're in the game.
Speaker 1: You're in the game, You're you're you're you're slugging it out every day, and you know, a lot of days you're getting beat up real bad, and then you just you know, you you stay in the game. You stay, you keep punching, and stuff is going to happen. You know. It's for me, it's always been a marathon, you know. And it's just like the longer you stay in it a the better you're going to get at auditioning, the more your name's going to get out there, the more work you're going to get come in your way, and the more people in your category are going to retire for one reason or another. And it's just.
Speaker 3: It's just just wait it out. I think I think that there is a huge amount that that that is dead on.
Speaker 1: That is, yeah, it keeps you keep you stay in the game. It's you don't have to be relevant, you know. It's like it's hard to be it's hard to become relevant and then stay relevant, you know. But it's like if you're in the game and you're like, hey, I'm here, you know, I'm I'm auditioning, and I'm like I'm out there and I'm available and I'm working. I want to work.
Speaker 3: I think that's I think that's totally.
Speaker 1: It's the mindset. It's it's like it's your mental toughness to hang in there, you know, I think.
Speaker 3: But also as you said one of the important components is that you know, you never stop working, and so you're you're also always refining your craft and building that experience and having that, you know, sort of the wake of all those roles stay with you, and you bring that to everything that you do. I mean, that's the thing that people underestimate about not just acting, but probably any craft, is that you're not just hiring that person for that job. You're hiring that person also for essentially every other job they've ever done, because all of that experience, all of that how much they're known for all those other roles, but all of those other roles that they've done are a part of what their craft is and what they're bringing to now this new role that you're hiring them for. And I definitely think that's true for me, and everything that you just said is true for how I've built my career. It's been a total marathon. I mean, we're talking about me starting on Entourage. That was in two thousand and four, that's almost twenty years ago, and I've never stopped. And so you're right, like, this role in Nefarious is the name of the movie. I didn't audition for it, came to me, and just on a personal note, you know, I've shared this in some of the press and stuff I've done for that movie. But when that movie came to me, I had to make a decision. And my wife was nine and a half months pregnant.
Speaker 1: This was gonna be my next question.
Speaker 3: So I had to make a decision because I knew that if I took that movie, I was almost guaranteed to miss the birth of my first born, and in fact, I did miss the birth of my firstborn son, not just my firstborn son, my first born and so he was born, as I shared, on day one of shooting.
Speaker 1: That movie, and you were out of town.
Speaker 3: I was out of town.
Speaker 1: How far away were you.
Speaker 3: In Oklahoma City?
Speaker 1: You're in Oklahoma and she was here in La.
Speaker 3: I went to bed. She went into labor the night before day one of that movie, a movie in which I was in every moment of the entire movie. So like I was describing a two person movie, it was this massive endeavor that lay before me that I was about to embark on. And the night before starting that my wife went into labor. So I went to bed that night, knowing I was starting the movie in the morning, and my wife was in labor. I got up in the morning. I went to set, which was this real penitentiary where we were shooting at. I went through hair and makeup, I got to my trailer, I got into wardrobe, and I got the text from my mother in law, her mom, that he had just been born. And I facetimed and my little boy, and again.
Speaker 1: This is my first Did you cry?
Speaker 3: I was trying not to because I was in makeup, but it was impossible not to. I mean, I'm looking at I'm facetiming. He's ninety seconds old. He's on my wife's chest and I'm looking at him. And as cliche as I'm sure it sounds to anybody that doesn't have kids, it really is this out of body moment and I'm looking at this being and he's an alien, but he's also and I'm having that moment. And then right in that moment, Knock Knock Jordan were ready, and so I had to hang up and want to go do the first shot of the movie.
Speaker 1: And what was do you remember? You you remember the scene that you had to do?
Speaker 3: It was it wasn't it wasn't an intense thing. It was this driving scene, but I went, but nobody knew, nobody on the movie right now.
Speaker 1: You don't wanna, You don't want to tell them like, hey, I'm gonna I just my you know. And then well the other thing is the producers like, hey, you know, why did you do that? You're causing all these delays, it's costing all this money.
Speaker 3: I think it was mostly because they probably were would have been horrified that I would just leave and just take off, and that they couldn't probably tell me no, because you know, and and I'm sure there's probably a lot of people that understandably would have just said, I'm out of here. I gotta go.
Speaker 1: That's a tough call because you know, it's like that's long term security for your family, and that job is definitely some security, but you don't know what that job is gonna lead to, could lead to much bigger and better things.
Speaker 3: Never know. And that's, by the way, and that wasn't the only thing. It's not like I did. It's not like I told my wife this is what I'm doing. No matter what you think, I'm leaving.
Speaker 1: Don't care. You go have your baby. I'm gonna go do my acting career.
Speaker 3: No, we we you know, this was a this was a deep intimate decision that we came to together and we decided as a family it was best for us and best for our family, like you just said, long term, and so I have every intention of being there the next time.
Speaker 1: You know, it's it's a it's a tough it's just such a tough call, but you gotta do you know, you gotta do the right thing for the family. You can't be wrong in that situation. If you're there, that's the right decision. If you're not there and you do the movie, and that's the right decision too. So it's like there's both decisions are correct because you'll.
Speaker 3: Never know, you'll never know what Domino's like will be set in motion from as a result of each position.
Speaker 1: No, no, seriously, and they could be great movies and they could be you know, could be good for everybody.
Speaker 3: Your hundred sent Okay, I'll share one little thing if you're interested, one other little part of that which feeds into what you just said for me personally, and again you can some of it, I know are things that we when we say we see signs, you know, I know that there's probably an argument to be made. It's it's about what we want to see or what we're projecting onto it or the rest. But I will say that this one story that I have shared with with certain people. My son's name is Rocky. That's what we named him. And we had already named him, you know, by the time I left for Oklahoma City. And I got to Oklahoma City, which is a city I'd never been, and I was staying in a hotel I didn't choose, but I got there on that Sunday night. He was born that Wednesday. But I got there that Sunday night and I got to my hotel and I got up to the room and I was I remember thinking I was torn up about about it. And I remember getting to the room and I was standing there, I was alone, and I said to myself, what the hell am I doing? What am I doing? I'm in Oklahoma City. My wife is two thousand miles away, you know, about to give birth. What what am I doing? This is crazy? And so, you know, I was feeling that, and I was like, you know what, I'm just going to go for a walk. I'm just gonna I'm just gonna clear my head. I'm just gonna go for a walk. I put my bag down, I walked out of the hotel. I turned right. I walked a block and I looked up and there was a gigantic sign that said Rocky right next to where I was staying. A literal sign. Obviously the figure it out expected self explanatory, but a literal sign. I've never seen a sign that says that says Rocky. It it was a venue. It was like a bar, you know, you know, music venue kind of thing. And I you have this moment where I remember thinking, okay, I'm maybe it's okay, it's okay. Then Scott I go to set and my stunt coordinator on the movie, Sylvester Stallone's double like twenty years who did the movies? Impossible just impossible, And I remember thinking, whatever you believe, whatever you believe in, okay, it's okay that I'm here. And it gave me a certain sense of peace that I was that it was okay at least for me.
Speaker 1: Amazing, Yeah, what are you working on Now's? First of all, how old is Rocky now?
Speaker 3: He is now seventeen months, He's.
Speaker 1: Just seventeen months. He's still a little little nut guy.
Speaker 3: He's uh, he and he's I mean, you have I have any kids.
Speaker 1: Yet, I just have I just have Nick. He's he's going to be nine years old early June.
Speaker 3: So you have a little boy. I mean you can remember if you remember that far back. I'm sure you do. Although everybody says the same thing to the point where you're like, yay, I get it that. You know, everyone says enjoyed, it goes.
Speaker 1: Fast, enjoyed it goes It really does.
Speaker 3: But I know, and you hear it and you know it intellectually and you're like, yeah, yeah, I get it, and then it's totally true. Right.
Speaker 1: But you know, he's when he starts getting older, like he just starts getting six, seven, eight, you know, and you're gonna have full on conversations with him, and man, you're gonna think back and like, God, it just seems like yesterday he was this. It's just this cute little bundle of you know, and it's just it blows your mind. Yeah, it goes fast. It's almost the decade, and I just it seems like it just happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm already feeling that he's only eighteen months old. I can't even imagine when when he's nine and I can have full on conversations.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's it's amazing, it's it's it's a mirror every single day is And I've said this before. You know, people and and and they can they can have their own definitions about what the meaning of life is. I discovered what the meaning of life is as minute he was born, and then I went, oh, that's what it is. Got it, full hard, clear eyes, right, all of.
Speaker 3: A sudden, Absolutely, no, it's true. I mean, uh, all of a sudden, you're you're you're outside of yourself. You know, there's there's something so much bigger than than you, there's something so much more important. And I think that's probably you know, one of the most important keys to life is that, is that there the target is outside of yourself.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, always is it.
Speaker 3: It always is. And when you become a parent, it's the most tangible embodiment of that. It's the most tangible representation of that because you know, before you become a parent, you don't realize what you would do, what you'd sacrifice, what you'd sacrifice, you know, right with yourself for another.
Speaker 1: That becomes very clear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it first starts, at least for me personally. I want to speak for everybody else, but that first started the moment I got married and I become you know, then there's that because at first it goes you, and then and then your spouse and then your children. But man, it is uh. And so by the way that that's also one of the I'm thinking about. You know, what you're describing with your son Nick being you know, nine or ten years old. The story that I just shared with you about Rocky being born on the first day of this movie. I mean, this movie then will always like inextricably be interwoven with him and my life and our family in that way. I mean, there's this marker in this in this beautiful.
Speaker 1: We can't tell him when he's old enough this movie. This that scene right there that when I'm saying that line you were being born or you were just born, you were five minutes older, you were fifteen minutes old.
Speaker 3: So when you're talking about when you're talking about Nick being nine, I'm like, I'm sure at nine I could probably start to share that with him. I can. So that's what I was almost envisioning for myself when you were talking about your relationship with your son is that I can't imagine like getting to do that at that point.
Speaker 1: Okay, you guys, it's you have magic every day in your life, every single day with a child. It's magic. We're gonna do a little thing called rapid fire. Yeah, we're gonna do rapid fire. We're gonna do rapid fire. I'm just gonna ask you some questions.
Speaker 3: Isn't that what you've been doing? What's what's different?
Speaker 1: More? There's more questions, there's.
Speaker 3: More questions at a faster pace.
Speaker 1: These are these are Gilmore specific question. I'm not going to go any faster, even though it's called rapid fire. We don't. We don't go fast. We don't put that kind of pressure.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's not in keeping with the general Gilmore girl's aesthetic.
Speaker 1: Though we have gone away, we have gone away from the rapid fire aspect of the rapid fire.
Speaker 3: All right, So are you looking for shorter answers? Then? Is that what could make it rapid more rapid?
Speaker 1: You can give any answer you want. Okay, it can be short long, It doesn't matter to your game. Seat belts on, Ready to go? How do you like your coffee?
Speaker 3: Uh cream?
Speaker 1: Are your team? Logan? Jess or Team Dean if you know what that means.
Speaker 3: Was Dean Jared Patleki. Yes, wow, I don't know how I pulled out. Hey, fun fact, I did a I did a pilot with Jared Padlaki, which is I think he was the first pilot he ever did before Gilmore Girls. Really, that was where I met him originally. Uh so, No, I don't know that I can answer the question because that's he's the only one I know in that three.
Speaker 1: Gotcha? Who is your favorite Gilmore Girls couple? Luke and Lorelei, Laane and Zach, Emily and Richard Suker or Jackson, Luke.
Speaker 3: And laurla thank you?
Speaker 1: What would you order?
Speaker 3: Answer?
Speaker 1: Luke's that that is that is It's there's no right answer. Uh what would you order it?
Speaker 3: Luke's diner, Alice, you have to have the diner to be able to I don't know. I don't know his die. I don't know. I don't know how good at this game I'm gonna be Scott.
Speaker 1: No, no, it's not a question of good or bad.
Speaker 3: It's just no, I mean Gilmore Girls universe.
Speaker 1: Uh well, then Burger, I'd make I make Greg burgers burgen Froy.
Speaker 3: But I'm a breakfast at that time. Oh sure, okay, I'm a big I'm a big breakfast guy. So I would definitely go with with like straight up classic, you know, eggs over easy, making some super crispy hash, and maybe even a little touch is a little indulgence, a little like small ordering a French toast and or pancakes American.
Speaker 1: Breakfast Jackson or tailor for town selectmen. No idea. I don't have a club, all right, no idea. Would you rather listen to hep Alien or The Troubadour's cover songs? You don't know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 3: The worst rapid fire you've ever done?
Speaker 1: The don't rubbing your eye?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: What? What have I gotten myself into it? I wouldn't. No, I know you can answer this one. I know you can answer this ready, Harvard or Yale?
Speaker 3: I guess I gotta go. Yale's the worst?
Speaker 1: Really? Why have you been? Have you attended Yale? Have you been to Yale? Have you?
Speaker 3: Well? I did go to school. I went to Wesleyan, which is also in Connecticut. R Wesleyan is in a little town called the Middletown, and Yale's in New new And they're just, I just, I don't know. I'm not into yales. They're off.
Speaker 1: What's Rory's bigger mistake? Crashing her car her boyfriend built for her, or sleeping with her ex who was married, who happened to be the same person Jared.
Speaker 3: Battleki Wait, even though I don't know the context, give that to me again. She crashed her car.
Speaker 1: So Dean, So Dean built her a car. He actually made a car for her from scratch and gave it to her for her birthday.
Speaker 3: What kind of car was it?
Speaker 1: It's just, you know, it's like some kind of rambler whatever. It was kind of a cool car and she crashed it. And then when when when when he was married, he married, he married his wife, Lindsay, but he cheated on his wife with Rory when he was having some marriage.
Speaker 3: That's like far the worst thing. It's not even close.
Speaker 1: The the the cheating is the biggest.
Speaker 3: Mistake, right, not even it's not even close. I don't even know what caused her to crash the car.
Speaker 1: But what if she was trying to run over Dean's wife.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the first question I had was how did she crash the car?
Speaker 1: I don't I don't know I don't remember who from Gilmore would you not want to be stuck on a desert island with?
Speaker 3: Who would I want to not be stuck?
Speaker 1: Would it be Emily Gilmore? Would it be Michelle or or would it be Taylor?
Speaker 3: Uh? No, I think that dude Finn.
Speaker 1: Oh, you don't know, way you don't want to be with Finn.
Speaker 3: I only say that because he was the other guy in the scene. Oh, I don't know. He sounded uh, I don't know. He just sounded a litt annoying to me.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Okay, I got you, I got you.
Speaker 3: Is he a popular character?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You're like, who's Finn?
Speaker 1: No? No, he he was in the Light Light and Death Brigade and he did a couple episodes. I think he was popular. I think he was. I mean, I don't. I don't really know something in your life you are all in on?
Speaker 3: Oh well, I mean I think the most clear obvious answer is this is my little boy.
Speaker 1: There you go, Okay, all in on being a dad. I know. It's wonderful. Jordan, thank you so much for your time.
Speaker 3: Sorry listeners, for being the you know, the least Gilmore girls knowledgeable.
Speaker 1: It was it was a great interview. Stop it, I mean, you know you can, I mean no.
Speaker 3: I know, it's it's fun. Look at like doing that show was again at a very like formative important point in my career and in my life, and I remember it clearly, and everybody I met was cool, and like I said, seeing Maddigan recently, all of it was really special. So forgive my lack of Gilmore Girls Universe knowledge, but I do have fond, fond memories, and I'm like touched and more than grateful that you asked me to be apart.
Speaker 1: All good man, great talking to you, great meeting you, Good luck, continued success is best of Rocky and U. Ry Richelle what yeah, didn't even say?
Speaker 3: Do you look? I guess everything. I guess. That's called the Internet, isn't it.
Speaker 1: You know it's I have this information in front of me. Maria, that's Rochelle de Maria's name.
Speaker 3: It's now Belfy yes.
Speaker 1: But Belfie Mario Maria.
Speaker 3: You know it's it's a good question either way. Either way, it's it's really There was actually a third way, which was Damia and I remember when we met. I asked her and she's like, whatever you whatever.
Speaker 1: Just kiss me, you full, just kissing. Uh. We all abust, thank you, thank you, thank you. We had a blast. And hope uh and everybody get out there and go see nefarious and thanks for your time, buddy.
Speaker 2: All right, man, hey everybody, and don't forget follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 1: Oh you're Gilmore fans. If you're looking for the best cup of coffee in the world, go to my website from my company, Scottip dot com s C O T y P dot com, Scottip dot com Grade one Specialty Coffee