Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Kate Berlan, I'm Jacqueline Novak.
Speaker 2: And this is poog, an ongoing conversation about wellness between two obsessive.
Speaker 1: Friends, two untamable intellects. This is our hobby, this is our hell.
Speaker 2: This is our naked desire for free products. This is poog. Today's topics loosely speaking, meat Festival, gentle Beat, banana cream pie.
Speaker 1: Greetings. We had an explosive dinner.
Speaker 2: Dinner was incredible and Jacqueline and I first of all, was three and a half hours. Let me do the math. Yeah, three and a half hours, Thank my god. I mean it was pure bliss Leechy Martinez. We were clutching each other screaming about the pleasure. And then Jacqueline, this is my joy. You went mandatory weekly, and I went, let's be to make it realistic and go mandatory monthly. You know what I mean. Yeah, that's the thing that Tony Robbins said that changed my life, which was and you're the one that got means Tony Robbins was people over us what they can do in the year, and they underestimate what they can do in ten years, really, which is yeah, I love that one.
Speaker 1: Damn Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, don't over you know, do it a month. Yeah, it's a month.
Speaker 1: We had the utter luxury jart sitting in a corner table that allowed us to sit next to each other and stare out room.
Speaker 2: I think the preferred dining arrangement is next to I mean, corner is great.
Speaker 1: I do too.
Speaker 2: Side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was essentially a corner, but it was. It's a soft corner. It's a corner, but it's it's where you can glance out. Yeah, and it's natural to be able to. It'd be interesting if a restaurant was shaped sort of in a circle. Okay, so everyone and like spiral circle where every table is kind of peering down to the next level. Like everyone's got a view of almost a whole.
Speaker 2: Room, like the Goggenheim.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the waiters dance, you know, the waiters moved their choreography, m crossing maybe. Yeah, the center is open.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, but I like the I like the idea of not having to crane in the head to glance. It's more of a gentle, natural glance to take in the whole room.
Speaker 2: It is a power.
Speaker 1: Everyone's taking in. Everyone You're taken in, just like they're taken in.
Speaker 2: So I'd also like to say I had an explosive dinner at Moza the last time you were there with you, I think a long time ago.
Speaker 1: What did you have?
Speaker 2: Everythingelievable.
Speaker 1: Start with one of their baradas.
Speaker 2: We had different mozzarellas, different toasts. They sent over. I repeat, they sent over some of the most remarkable prostudo I've ever had in my life. No, with a smoked mozzarella, smoke cheese, not my usual. This with the with the perscudo was shocking. It was top to bottom just excellence. Also the best spuggl atto I've ever had by far.
Speaker 1: Can't recall what that is.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like I want to look up the exact It's kind of like a negronid bit with bubbles, and as you know, I love a prosecco. Let me see, this was like a you know, a viral drink because there was like a joke about it on the internet or something I didn't quite follow. Okay, it's dry prosecco, sweet ramooth canpari club soda. Yeah, so it's like a it's like a.
Speaker 1: Negronie two forms of bubbles. Yeah, it's a that's interesting, don't usually feel like there's only one form of bubble happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or but sprits. That's why I'm such a spritz whore, because I love the club soda on top of the sparkling alcohol for extra effervescence.
Speaker 1: Almost seems like two gradations of bubbles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's bubbles on.
Speaker 1: Bubble finer one. By the way, the leeching Martini is now being served in a coop glass and it changed. I noted it.
Speaker 2: God, it was good.
Speaker 1: Jim confirmed in fact that I think it's new, right yep from the triangle Yep, Yeah, they changed it.
Speaker 2: I actually was going to say the coop I enjoy. I kind of did enjoy the retro feel of the old school Martini. I understand why they wanted to move past it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean practicality, I must say, is real. I lose liquid out of a triangle, just goes flying right over the edge, soaks a cuff. Yeah, the leeching Margini was perfection. I will say on this.
Speaker 2: The food was incredible. Everyone treated us so well. Suzanne came over to the table. Was heaven, Chris, Jim, I was speaking Spanish at some point. It was heaven. Oh yeah, So it happens when I have oech martini.
Speaker 1: You were good.
Speaker 2: I go bi lingua.
Speaker 1: It was flying out of you.
Speaker 2: Oh god, it was so good. I mean to be at dinner with you.
Speaker 1: I'm fresh off a nap, a real fourteen minute or nap. So the kind where I'm going it's not enough, but you know it's the kind of claim is good. I was just lying there. I was actually lying on my higher dose. Mat shut up, amazing. Now are you going guided? Not guided?
Speaker 2: Not guided? Are you sitting in an alarm?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I set an alarm, and did you drive? I'm lying on the higher dose pm F Matt right, amazing, it's warm.
Speaker 2: I have to unbutton my pind justly on my back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I put my feet up a little bit. Well you know, like you know this thing about putting your legs up the wall, being like you're.
Speaker 2: All legs up the wall at end of the day. That's what Melissa Wood does. She does it every day. Oh really what does that mean? So so everyone's clear, it's like, imagine you just are on your bed, but your legs are on the wall, like it's just elevating your legs, so your your heels are on the wall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, heels the back of the heels.
Speaker 2: The idea there draining fluid.
Speaker 1: What's the yeah, like like you're sitting like a right angle.
Speaker 2: What's the idea though? There?
Speaker 1: Like straight up classic Carol for what all of it? You know, like regulates like nervous system throws you into the parasympathetic Oh wow, you know fluid? Uh a million things? And then and then like it's fun. So like what I like to do with anything like that is like going at the position and then google the benefits. So I'm like, yeah, of course. And then like people are so like ridiculous sometimes like people are like, people are like, what are the side effects of legs up the wall?
Speaker 2: Side effects?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I notice it is a lot of increased mood Googles like what are the side effect? Like people are like and then like, what are the disadvantages to legs up the wall? What do they say? What could there possibly be? There aren't? I mean, I don't you know, there aren't. It's like, you know, it's the backlash, It's the inevitable backlash. Of course, I'm wrapped in a blanket, which is she is wrapped in a blanket. Interesting and it's a it's a quilt. It's a full sized beds quilt. Yeah, did you just bring it up from the nap? No, I napped. I napped blanket lists. Actually I napped napped like a like a soldier in nineteen forty two on a war cot. Okay, well, it is as you know. I have the mattress on the ground in the living room, the twin mattress. What's the mattress doing lying on the ground, and then the pamf matt is feeling all day? It's a yeah, hang out on it. Sometimes I use my computer on it. I gotta get into it. Like you haven't even used it once? Right. I just can't imagine having something like that and not packed it open. I cracked it open. Door still open behind me.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I mean for me, it's like they're staying. You must have eat on the floor. No, it's like I need to. It's the floor space. It's the heating it up. It's like I have to have the I have to put it on the couch. I have to have the foresight to heat it up. Do you know what I'm saying? Because it takes like an hour to heat up. No, well, no, for an hour.
Speaker 1: It takes what Well, First of all, we're talking about the pe m F Matt, not the sauna mat.
Speaker 2: No, we're talking about the PMF.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like five to ten minutes your kid to reach the heat. But it's also you're getting the PMF frequencies. I think even if the heats off. You're kidding, you heard me? Holy Yeah? And what about the ions?
Speaker 2: Okay, the crystals are in there, I know, no, trust me, everything.
Speaker 1: Laying on a bed of crystals.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna get into it. I'm gonna get it into it.
Speaker 1: What are you drinking there? The ice iced quad espresso. It's cinnamon powder and a little splash of cream.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I wouldn't normally I forgot to do not just sir, but literally. Susanne Tracked has broken in texted really, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Am I on it?
Speaker 2: No, she sent it just to me.
Speaker 1: I don't think she has my name, but she said two things for.
Speaker 2: You and Jacqueline. She wants to send us vodka. What And she has a good friend who works with some hotel in the desert and she can make your arrangements. So she's really a friend and alli hotel in the desert you say, yeah, I'll get more information.
Speaker 1: All right, that's huge.
Speaker 2: But we're in. We're in with Susanne.
Speaker 1: That's great, it's huge. I must say. The pride I felt is the chef made her way over to the table.
Speaker 2: Yeah, incredible food. She I mean, I couldn't believe that I ordered the halibit. I've never not ordered the steak.
Speaker 1: There the halibit.
Speaker 2: She goes, it was just shipped in today. That's hallibit I've ever had in my life to crave. How I couldn't even believe it. He reads a special. I go, I'll hear the specials for fun. But he goes, halib it would never make your would never pick up a haliban. Next thing I know, I'm ordering the halib it with caper belly keeper.
Speaker 1: Very worried for you.
Speaker 2: It is so good, squeezeber, very relish. Heaven fish was so fresh, didn't need much. Seven banana cream pie. I had two leachy teenies and I was ready.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we had a bana pie. Now, they pointed out before go ahead. Oh remember, I had a huge moment. We were like, let's talk about banana for an entire episode. Oh yeah, Because I was like the flavor of banana. It's so wide and it is okay. We had a banana cream pie and they were like, it's not a slice, to be clear, it's its own small pie and it's around. It was fuck?
Speaker 2: Was that not the We didn't even really properly dwell on that.
Speaker 1: Because the conversation was explosive.
Speaker 2: I cheered up twice, got choked up seven All positive, All good, God it was.
Speaker 1: It was really wild.
Speaker 2: One or two transformative dinners a month and you're good, but one you need? Yeah, one minimum. My stomach hurts. By the way, now, I very rare for me. I never get cramps, and I mean never, yeah. And I just was driving earlier and I go, what's this pain? I started to almost panic because, as you know, I, as I explained on last week's episode, I ran into a doorknob. Oh right, and I thought internal bleeding due to the doorknob, And I go, I think these are just run of the mill period cramps.
Speaker 1: Wild to run into a doorknob. Nothing else hit anything.
Speaker 2: I know, it was just the abdomen knob.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how did the nose not hit the door? You know what I mean? Because the face usually sticks out further.
Speaker 2: Yeahous, just the abdomen was struck. But I see what you're saying. You in last week's episode mentioned being pre menstrual period, wanting to clean up, wanting to get things in order. That's what's happening over here. I have to say, Yeah, the creative phase, it's incredible. The creative phase. Have you had a chance to try out the new technique? Reseet the room? Has it lived in you at all? I thought about reset the room yesterday.
Speaker 1: It doesn't mean the room has to be perfect to begin with.
Speaker 2: No, just one or two things you bring.
Speaker 1: You bring a cup in when undo the thing you just did to it? I like that, undo the thing you just did to it. I'm gonna take it further. I haven't fully implemented it.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. You just Today's one of those days I feel, you know what, I woke up earlier than I thought. Isn't it isn't sleep fascinating. Some days you wake up you're tired of. Other days you wake up or not. Why right? And there's a whole institution so to to to find this out. But today I woke up somehow I was okay. Today's one of those days. I'm getting I'm getting things done. I feel that the light of God is within me. Really can you feel it? And I'm wondering if part if it was waking up? I had to go do I had to do a work call while I was preparing for a work meeting meeting.
Speaker 1: My God did my making what's happening?
Speaker 2: Got ready for the meeting before the call as I was having my morning coffee, so then I was ready dressed. Mmm, because I find the chaos is you know, listening to the add book, they go add brain new here, I have to leave in a half an hour. What you hear is I don't. I don't have to leave now, okay, thank you, which I relate too deeply. Yeah, and then it's the most chaotic seventy minutes of your life right before you have to leave. Yeah, you could have had thirty minutes to prepare. Instead you have seven.
Speaker 1: Well now you know that being now or not now? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, now or not exactly?
Speaker 1: It is a big one.
Speaker 2: We don't Oh, that's what it is. We have to leave in thirty minutes. We don't have to leave now, yeah exactly. So I actually my partner suggested, which is really massive They're like, why don't you start getting ready, I'll make the coffee, my god, So then I'm already getting.
Speaker 1: Ready, knowing coffees process.
Speaker 2: Yeah that I'm drinking coffee, putting on my face, loving the Charlotte Tilbury lip What shade I purchased. I'm hesitant to even say it. I spent more money than I've ever spent on a lipstick.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, I think you showed I saw this. Show it to you, yeah, Sicily Paris.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most expensive, it.
Speaker 1: Was like forty.
Speaker 2: I go like, no higher, I was like sixty, insane. I mean, it's sick.
Speaker 1: Now to me. You must you must have seen some woman using it. The woman think it's my friend.
Speaker 2: If I had she yeah, yeah like that she really honestly, it's just such a pretty color. And then sorry to keep bringing out my partner, but they were like, that's my favorite lipstick I've seen on You purchased done over, you know what I mean. That's what pushed me into the purchase. I purchased out of pocket a foundation that was advertised me on Instagram. I want to look up what the brand is. It looks like a stick. It is a stick, you know, like Westmintester. I feel like I was advertised. I feel like I was advertised this as well, and I don't know why. Definitely were. It's like I bet if I type in sorry, this is boring beyond cognition.
Speaker 1: No, I'm very interested because most I was staring at a stick and going like and believing I need it, even though I don't really wear foundation as a result of this. O G O G E E.
Speaker 2: That's what the yeah. I saw it advertised on Instagram.
Speaker 1: I too.
Speaker 2: It's called the Sculptic Complexion stick evens out skin tone because you know what I went, well, this is perfect for travel because you just throw it in your bag and then you don't have a wet foundation bottle rolling around. Something you could put in your purse to do touch ups.
Speaker 1: Along the way between these between meetings, these photos.
Speaker 2: Purchased it beams. I mentioned again, I'm undergoing, undergoing so dramatic. I got a V beam laser treatment, which is meant to target redness. Had some burse blood vessels on my face, nothing too horrific, but just enough to annoy me almost daily, just barely. And I have to say one treatment, I'm seeing an improvement.
Speaker 1: I don't know what first blood vessel I have them doesn't really bother.
Speaker 2: Here's why. It's about placement. Mind's on the bridge of my nose right here, and it's like I put makeup on it, but then I wear sunglasses. It rubs it off, you know. It just it's exactly in the spot where yeah, yeah, if it were like on my cheek, I feel like I wouldn't give a shit. But it's fun to go, you know. I'm just I'm attacking the face with the with the laser, the hydrofacial hydro facial, and I want you to hear me. I am committed to be giving lima full LIMA treatment. Yeah, the at home Lima laser. I'm gonna go hard.
Speaker 1: Like you well, you know, you could sort of fall asleep holding it in a position and then kind of let it slip between the pillows. There's nothing better interesting technique. It's all about televisions. It's a television habit.
Speaker 2: I was falling asleep last night watching a film. Is there anything better than the quality of the sleep that you slip into while watching a movie?
Speaker 1: Unreal?
Speaker 2: And then I felt myself to hear it now, I felt myself doing the thing where again, I was watching it with my partner and I was trying to hide that I was falling asleep. So this is one of the big back to it. And then I go, I'll go, oh way, how about and then jolted myself awake. But then that's sleep that the hilt did. Well try to you know, wake up. I don't know, just you know, because it was like I suggested we watch it and then here I am falling asleep. You know, it's rude, but the delicious, the velvety sleep that can only come from watching something.
Speaker 1: Well there's to me, it feels like the brain and the sounds of the TV and whatever story has lulled you into, they're like they're in this handshake, okay, and then the fear that if the person you're with discovers your sleep that they'll turn it off. Suddenly it's like right, right right, And my brain was hanging from the handshake with that sound. If you now remove the silence, free fall.
Speaker 2: Sleep will go. Yeah totally.
Speaker 1: It's mhm action thrillers for me, that's what it was. That's what I want every night. Okay.
Speaker 2: See this is interesting because that's not my usual genre and it's certainly not my usual fall asleep genre.
Speaker 1: It's like, is that what it was? When it has come to this is fascinating? Is action thrillers? Oh my god, the faces you're making are I'm ridiculous.
Speaker 2: About the I've got to leave here. I've got to I've got to leave here. I'm telling you, I like like a version over here. I don't get cramps. It's shocking.
Speaker 1: What are you popping a mint? All drinking out of a large job, all right.
Speaker 2: Down in an air an airwon jar. I mean, I can't believe this is really what cramps are.
Speaker 1: Jesus so airwon jars. Deposit three dollars says that on there? Yep, so you bring those back three go back on the account. I bring them back all the time. Interesting you remember, right, oh yeah, oh yeah, honey, I say, oh yeah, but it was a huge event in my life.
Speaker 2: Well of course. But the savings they roll in savings or unreal.
Speaker 1: Savings are real.
Speaker 2: If you have the if you have the habit, you have to spring for it. But those of you, it's presumptuous for those of you not living within Los Angeles, erawon as I think we've established is a luxury. Shocking boutique heal food store. That's you know, you know, ridiculed and mocked for its high prices and its clientele. But guess what also is ridiculed and mocked. Couldn't think of anything interesting there, but yeah, you can imagine Rome. Yeah, no, you know what people think?
Speaker 1: Rome is taxed someone what did I see this woman going, Lima, it's not cheap, neither are you? And I was like, oh, that's a good line for someone who recommends products.
Speaker 2: But if you remember, you get ten percent off there final, but you have to pay a little fee up there up top. Here's why I don't understand that.
Speaker 1: The first time I heard it, I was shocked two hundred dollars for the year and a year when you then work on the whole ten percent off thing and you go, holy shit, wait, if I'm here regularly, it's worth it. Oh yeah, I mean so many things are like that. It's all about do you have the cash up front? You know what I'm saying. I know, it's like, yeah, anything with savings is sometimes you don't have the upfront cash. Sometimes you're at arawon on your last dime, going you know what, I'd rather blow it out for the last twenty bucks. Huh, you know what I mean, like totally done something good. I don't. I don't appreciate that the free smoothie each month. Oh, I've gotten it like weir recipe. I really don't appreciate that, that it's not just and.
Speaker 2: That free drink half the size, and that it is the free smoothie. Yeah it's not a full size, honey, Wow, it's a squat container. So again if you remember the first two weeks of the month, not the full month, the first two weeks of the month, which I also don't appreciate because I miss it constantly. Because yeah, the line is so long. I don't want to wait for a smoothie that I don't even really want.
Speaker 1: The line is longer. I know, it's even longer the wait for the drink.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, I'll tell you something that happened. Yeah, I was at Erawon with a friend.
Speaker 1: We order.
Speaker 2: We go up to the thing, two drinks, two osi e bowls. My friend orders for me, he's gonna get my eyesight asse e bowl. The guy behind goes just the two items. Like basically what happened. We ordered the boll We're standing there waiting it's Saturday. We're like, it's taking a long time. We're catching just the two items, as in, we're catching up the sae. We're standing there for I would say twenty at this point, over twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When I said sorry to bother, maybe we're hitting twenty five minute mark, I go, could I check the orders for the two assis? The over cashier over here just goes you guys didn't order Assi's. And we were like, oh my god, and he got so defensive in this way where it's like, you're so defensive that you you saw us waiting here for twenty you knew you you know what I'm saying, yes, And then we didn't. We weren't going like what the fuck. We were like, oh no, yeah, we thought we ordered it. And he was like, that didn't come out of your mouth, which also is kind of no, no, no, no, yeah.
Speaker 1: Now we go, yeah.
Speaker 2: What fuck you?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I guess not, we said to us. I mean, I don't know who who knows. But the bigger issue is that we were waiting for twenty five minutes, and as soon as it's.
Speaker 1: All say, it didn't come out of your mouth when.
Speaker 2: He heard us saying it to each other. I guess, Oh, I don't know. It was crazy, but I'm interested. And also I didn't see the total cash amount because I wasn't paying hmm anyway, right, and then at that point you just leave because you're not going to wait an additional half an hour for the afsite. Also, I'll say air one the then we'll get off air on the bulls for the ausite used to be larger and then they downside to a smaller bowl.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, cost has remained the same, I imagine. Of course, that is the way of the world. That is the way it goes. We're getting we're getting fresh sum tahini scent. By the way, Oh, Assume has spoken of our moaning on air, Thank god, it is simply the best. How do you not like use the like how much do you need? You know? But I like, if you're making a full dish of something, I don't know, like how much.
Speaker 2: In this house we're going through to he going through a jar easily every two weeks, maybe once a month. Yeah, doing a lot of tini at the house loaded with calcium. Oh really m hm. Sesame seeds baby mmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got like four different sesame seed products. Going at once on a calp noodle. I really want to Heini's worked in. The actual sesame seeds are floating on top. Toasted sesame oil. It's been drizzled at the end.
Speaker 2: It's like toasted sesame oil is one of the most absolutely delicious items on the market.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I haven't had almond butter in a while, and then I did. It was in the house and i'd forgotten and I was just doing a thing, just spoon in and then take the spoon in the next room, almost like like it's a popsicle or something like, just like and then sitting down and there's eating it off the spoon is So.
Speaker 2: I got to get back into food, my candy business. Oh, here's it. Here's a fun little I didn't even tell you this bar. Oh No, I did tell you my raspberry bark.
Speaker 1: I don't think so raspberries.
Speaker 2: Dump them out on a parchment paper tray.
Speaker 1: No, you've said nothing.
Speaker 2: Melt chocolate with coconut oil. Drizzle of chocolate and cocon oil over the raspberries, freeze it and chocolate and rispberry together.
Speaker 1: What do you mean with coconut oil just a separate drizzle? No?
Speaker 2: Sorry, you're you melt the chocolate with the cocon oil to make it a liquid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, a little a little cocon and then you drizzle on the berries like a bark freeze the whole thing and you can. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then it's like a raspberry chocolate bar. It's fabulous. Oh, raspberry chocolate the only fruit chocolate combination that will stop me in my tracks. Wait, let me think about this. What not cherry cherry winds? You're right, honey, yeah, thank you. By the way, I want to when is the last time you had cherry garcia ice cream?
Speaker 1: I mean ten years? Well for no, because well for years I was having cherry chip rebel. Okay, that was cherry Garcia was off generally. I mean, I'll eat it when I'm eating ice cream, but I'm not just on like nightly rebel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, totally, because.
Speaker 1: It was becoming like you know, when this thing becomes so normal that like you're not even tasting it, you know what I mean, like sort of it was like yes, like you know, like so excited that it wasn't speking my blot chugar. But anyway, that was a cherry chip and the feeling of cherry flavored ice cream, and then when you bite into chi, when you get a little cherry, when you hit a little cherry in there, oh yeah, or then you hit a chip.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll say to anyone listening, go out and get cherry Garcia, Ben and Jerry's if you have it in ten years, because I had it recently and I was It's unbelievable, transfixed, transformed. I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 1: But rebels is Is is very curious. I'd be very curious to try. And but yeah, that flavor is that flavor is? You know what I was thinking about last night? What happens if you whip faye? Okay, what happens if you whip Greek yogurt? Does it get huge? Now? I know you can whip it with cream, like you add a little cream and you whip it. I was reading, Ooh, I'd cream and whip. Wow. I mean, I love the denseness normally, but whipping it up, I'm just imagining this huge pile of just this and then and then. Yet we both stewed some blueberries on a similar night. Remember, I want to make my own drizzle.
Speaker 2: We completely separately stewed blueberries separately.
Speaker 1: I want to make my own drizzle, my own fruit on the bottom, M coffee yogurt and well, I don't know if that was ever anything for you in the late nineties, but yeah, Dan in early nineties, Dan, Dan coffee.
Speaker 2: Sure, I haven't thought about that in a long time.
Speaker 1: That had a specific quality because it was it was weird to have the coffee flavor with that, with the kind of sourness of yogurt. It was only that was the only It's not coffee ice cream. It's very different.
Speaker 2: I can't believe jocoline you bring that up, because I really had never thought about it. I hadn't thought about it in all these years. Yeah, what about.
Speaker 1: I'm hungry, I'm starving. Actually I just ate. Oh, you know what, I'm trying to do a bit, not exactly meditate, but anytime taking a nap or going to sleep, I lie there getting kind of a neutral position. And then it's not exactly that I'm trying to astro project, but I start moving my limbs around kind of mentally and feeling like I'm swimming, Like like I move my do you know what I mean? Like I imagine and feel that I'm moving my limbs. But then I'm leaving my body limp and still m h m hm and seeing like I'm swimming swimming, swimming, but I'm like feeling it, you know, like I'm creating in my mind the feeling of doing it, and I feel like it's gonna have huge benefits. And I'm not sure what they are.
Speaker 2: Swimming, Yeah, probably huge psychological benefits swimming while.
Speaker 1: Still and like because of reading all this stuff, you know, but firing the pathways in the brain like I was like, I was like doing a perfect plank in my in my mind seeing what it feels like.
Speaker 2: We've talked about that crazy that Netflix documentary Heel where the guy had the horrific spinal cord injury and then he rebuilds his spine mentally, and every night he would do like the surgery on himself.
Speaker 1: To Spend. Yeah, are you serious, doctor Joe to Spend's kidding that's him. Yeah, he did this like at the beginning of his mind surgery. Yes, No, I got to rewatch Heel. That's gonna to watch him holds him and then everything and.
Speaker 2: Every night if he if he falls asleep, because take hours and hours, two hours in let's say falls asleep doing the mental surgery. He has to start over again.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because I think he couldn't move and he had like a couple of weeks and they were like, we're gonna put a rod in your spine. And he's like, all right, well I'm just lying here unable to move, might as well, you know, do this mental There's also like like one of the things he talks about is a study where they you know, I mean they have they have this studies like this just going back to the forever. At this point, it's like getting embarrassing. You know. It's like one group practices like this basic piano exercise, you know, like ceg you know whatever. This other group like spends the same amount of time mentally imagining that doing it, and like the mental group like it is better. I forget. You gave me the ones who actually practice and like muscle strength in the fingers developed all me. That's crazy, the actual muscle fibers.
Speaker 2: I believe it. It's fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: It's all there. So you just gotta just gotta gotta you gotta lying there every time, you like, I mean, that's one way for me to go, Okay, I'm inspired, get in bed, like like you know, like, Oh, it would be fun. I'll soar through my consciousness.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: And I start by I also really into like my own body scans, where I imagine like dragging my hand through the energy field of my foot and seeing if I hit anything like kind of like so I'll be like I don't feel like, oh I just hit like a rock like in my heel and I sort of grab it and hold it and pull it out. WHOA, fill it with light? See what happens?
Speaker 2: Unbelievable. You're always filling the body with light if possible. I'm trying to think of a of a topic did you want to talk about because you said it.
Speaker 1: You probably don't, but you did say it like live to me, I mean in person, you were like talk about when you were distracted.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I know, let's talk about it because I actually wanted to know. I wanted to know what you thought was going on. Because what happened was that I was doing a Q and A I was by audience. I was asked a question and I one hundred percent wasn't listening.
Speaker 1: And I think you were asked the first question by the model, which is scary. It was the first question was right to you and I.
Speaker 2: I can't describe it. I just realized as she was halfway, I just heard the sounds that I heard him, like a question sound, and I was like, oh no, she's done, and eyes on you and I and I hadn't metabolized what was said, and then it was like I wasn't It wasn't like I was anxious or having anxiety, but I did realize like, oh my god, is this like the moment where because I felt the thing where I was looking around and everyone's looking at me and everyone's dead obviously waiting for my answer. And I was like it was a little anxiety provoking because I just didn't know and I couldn't and I couldn't go can you repeat the question? Because actually I guess I could have what I gotten To laugh and to be and to be clear to all the listeners, it was fine, I recovered, But did you I want to I want to know about you what you saw is my recovery. I want to know about it from your.
Speaker 1: Eyes, Yes, totally, But I have more questions first, which were I want to know is it like, oh no, she's like panicked? No, okay, great, thank God? Because I wasn't panicked. It was more just like I felt embarrassed. No one ever has to be nervous for Caberline, I'm serious. Okay, you've got it wow, in part because you have correctly presented yourself in such a way that it's all it all makes sense. You have not pushed some narrow party version of yourself. But then the real self is slipping through and it's a problem. You know. It's like you have a kind of inherent confidence, you know whatever that means. But like, I don't know, you're interesting. Okay, but but wait, wait, I but my question first to understand is sitting there to Q and A and you're up with a bunch of other people, and did you space in like first, like it was like Kate, you know, the first questions for you, Okay, we were like, oh, first questions for me, and then you kind of went away and then we're like, oh, wait, suddenly I'm realizing them at the end of a question, and I totally it's face or had you never noticed the question was directed at you until kind of like.
Speaker 2: I knew the question was directed at me. I definitely she was asking my question. I went away during the question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what eye witnessed was a kind of kind of like like you were kind of like like your eyes look like you didn't startle, you didn't do anything like that. You kind of I was sort of glancing head, kind of looking around like like I'm sorry. Like it was very casual and confident, like you're like like, I'm sorry. This is like probably completely like like I don't know what you said, but like almost like it'd be like it was really like quite outrighteous, but I actually sort of lost there and didn't really hear or something like you kind of just said it like immediately admitted. I mean it was. It was phenomenal. It was to me, it was impressive. It was like damn, damn is she comfortable?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wow, I will say I'm rabid for our next dinner. Get it on the book.
Speaker 2: God, I know it's got on the fucking books. I can't wait.
Speaker 1: I want it. I was just cackling on home. I brought. I brought home the energy of dinner, you know, the great mood.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: I came tumbling into the house. I was a high to hide a kite, just soaring actually stuck at CBS as you know. That was cute.
Speaker 2: I called my mother on the way home, soaring.
Speaker 1: Oh really, yeah, yeah, I'm dying for more of that.
Speaker 2: I wonder if I'm gonna get the schnitzel next time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've been, you've been. You've been fixated on the chicken while not ordering it. You just keep saying the word like schnitzel. Well, is it about that? Is that pounded?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pounded. You know. The classic is the v schnitzel. Of course, that's which that which cannot be uttered, chicken snitchel, schnitzel pounded, the smotherings, breaded fried.
Speaker 1: Mmm.
Speaker 2: I wonder if the leave is already working, already taking hold.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to rafts next week, reservation booked, can't wait.
Speaker 1: Did you sort of say, hey it's me of course? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Thrill, absolutely thrill.
Speaker 1: What do you eat it? A midday meal at home? Midday meal and there's still things to be done. It's hard, still things to be done, hard eggs, And yeah, I do a lot of time. I'm this is a lot of times I'm doing. I have the Sata tortillas in the fridge and I'm doing. They could send us some new items, or at least me I don't know if you do that, but I do. Sia tortillas are welcomely. No. I had an issue with with some kind of nuts with some of their stuff.
Speaker 2: But I'll do scrambled eggs, two eggs, beat them up, salt pepper, scrambled with some avocado oil. Really simple. Sometimes I'll put some parm in there, a little a little pasture raised raw organic cheddar.
Speaker 1: Mmmm.
Speaker 2: And then in the sia tortilla chili crisp or whatever on top. Oh yeah, avocado chopped up on the side with some vinegar.
Speaker 1: You have a chili crisp standard.
Speaker 2: The Mama Fuku reigned supreme still, but.
Speaker 1: You know they are three they are three seasoning. Of course, trio is huge for me. It's huge, and it's a great gift.
Speaker 2: Folks. Oh yeah, that's a gift too simple gifts go way they used to have. I think it's off the website. They used to fucking oh that's the fly by Jane. Probably I'm bastardizing the way I'm saying it, but they they used to have frozen dumplings you could get in a big pack. They're amazing. Drop them in, drop them right in.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't it be horrible. If food was only something the body needed monthly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one meal, one meal a month. I still think, as we know, meat should be eliminated. Could have meat once once a weekend or once a month. You do meat festival the third Saturday every month, and then your plant based the rest of the time, and then we can still live on the planet. Look at me in my perfect plan.
Speaker 1: Let's try astral projecting again. We talked about it ages ago. I'd really like to get it going. Okay, I can meet on the astral plane and then we can explore things together. I read about this. These teenage girls used to meet each other on the astral plane. One would come and grab the other one like wake up, come on, so cool. So I'd like to intend that. Okay, okay, tonight for night's sleep. Yeah, we'll start tonight.
Speaker 2: I never dream about you.
Speaker 1: Why trying to think. If I dream about you, probably I'm sure you've been in my dream. But I yeah, Jacqueline was there. So and So was there, but they weren't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were in there. Yeah, I'm in a brilliant by the way I'm making it. I have to pump up the pool. Instagram. We got to get the youth. We gotta go.
Speaker 1: I think we got it so much TikTok right lunch there. We have so much on TikTok wa ind to each other, not to them.
Speaker 2: We got to get smart. Yeah, maybe we gotta get smart. We got get young. I gotta get zillaennial on it.
Speaker 1: Well. I will say that being wrapped in a blanket was interesting.
Speaker 2: I might do an afternoon macha again, the magic mind. Oh yesterday? Did I consider today?
Speaker 1: I didn't know. If I've already had it.
Speaker 2: I might do it. I'm going to do one later to get me through my four thirty business meeting.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, old's business My blouse, Yeah, beautiful, my business blouse. Think you wore that to dinner, didn't you?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: I did. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We have to post on pook Instagram what we wore to dinner. I wore a very because I was really rushing. I wanted to like take a bath and really annoy myself with rare oils and get ready for a sexy dinner. But I was rushing. I had maybe fifteen minutes to get ready. I did a vintage le vise with a Marion Park sexy boot and a Buck Mason black blouse with a gentle beat. A gentle beat on my face. Jack looked very put together. Beat beat jackline, I don't know what you're saying. That's what the kids call when you do make up. Oh on your face, on my face? Okay.
Speaker 1: I wore a black pant and a top, a white top from page who sent it? Just some black trousers. I thought it was a bit business like and a boot. I had even less time to get ready. You looked great. I wore an Einstein's underscore and y see snail gold bracelet featuring a large snail, and I just like a bracelet when holding a martini glass. What can I say? A coop hair just pulled into a high pony.
Speaker 2: He was exceptional.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: It looks beautiful. You looked approximately fifteen years younger than you are.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 2: To always worried when something goes end. You look you don't look a day over in It's like it's like, bitch, I was hoping to look even younger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Hey how about compliment with no specifics because they're danger unless they are so hyperbolic as to be offensive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, love you, love you?
Speaker 1: That was pooh.
Speaker 2: If you enjoyed Pooh, Please subscribe, rate and review.
Speaker 1: If not, we will press charges.