Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe, Katty Armstrong, and Jetty and he.
Speaker 2: Arm draw.
Speaker 3: The drum studio scene sees and your dimly lit room deeper.
Speaker 1: From the fowls of.
Speaker 3: The Armstrong and Getty Communications Compound. Hey, y'all today, it's all right Tuesday. We're under the tutelage of our general manager Trump's first one hundred days. Mama, give him a letter grade. We'll take care of calls from Oh bah, what grade?
Speaker 1: And why? Oh please? I don't care. I gave him a bee my. I just don't care. I'm glad he's sealed up.
Speaker 3: You don't care. I don't care, apathetic, I don't care.
Speaker 1: It's if there's.
Speaker 3: One ongoing theme we have on this show, and it's hit me in the face hard in the last twenty four hours with all this dog is, why does everybody spend so much time talking about the president? Don't you have anything else to do with your life? Is there something else you want to do with your life rather than to the end of your days your dying breath.
Speaker 1: Discuss whoever's president? Is that what you saur national pastime. This is our national sport. Come on, we've known that for a while.
Speaker 3: What I'll tells do to talk about how your favorite baseball team's doing. None zero. But people do it. They enjoy it. It's a pastime. What a horrible pastime. It's like the worst past time I can imagine. I don't know, I collect infections or I don't know. You can't think of the worst pastime. Yeah, Anthony Fauci did that. It didn't go very well, speaking of infections or virus or whatever I had. I feel close to normal for the first time in three weeks, So I'm very excited about that. Even in my way, my head is still full of whatever it's full of, and I can't here out of either ear. But in terms of vim and vigor, both both of these, I feel fantastic. So I hope you sound quite normal. I hope you don't catch this disease whatever. My son's got like five days behind me and really struggling. Oh, we got a note from a nice fellow whose son is five weeks in. Oh my god, just the coffid and sneezing and weeze and unspecified respiratory infection.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, poor little lad and not something that antibiotics can do.
Speaker 3: Something without apparently not Wow, its email read like a civilized man who has access to medical care. Yeah, I don't think the antibotics have done anything for me, So I think it turned out it was a virus and not something that you could deal with that with anyway. You know, don't take your advice from disc jockeys.
Speaker 1: That'd be my never use that, Never use that term around me, sir. I don't ever want to hear you say that again.
Speaker 3: You say that again, it won't be the truth that hits you in the face. All right, enough said, Oh, which reminds me. I'm so excited about several topics we're going to get to today.
Speaker 1: Cool really ensued.
Speaker 3: Perhaps chief among them, can one hundred unarmed men defeat a single gorilla in a fight? Science and AI have weighed in on the question, Well, if you had a strategy maybe. If you didn't have a strategy, no, but if you had a strategy.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're a thinking man.
Speaker 3: One hundred unarmed men against a single like eight hundred pounds lowland gorilla. I think your strategy we'd have to include some brave people who are willing to take a severe ass kicking.
Speaker 1: To be the lead.
Speaker 3: Guys, Please the old Yankee your arm out of it socket and beat you with a bloody stump, right yeah, times like thirty at least.
Speaker 1: Or make you his wife briefly.
Speaker 3: That would be a surprising twist later in the show, can one hundred unarmed men defeat a single gorilla in a fight?
Speaker 1: Today?
Speaker 3: With the topic everyone's talking about? So I do pay attention to the media landscape because that's what I do for a living.
Speaker 1: I thought that was this was interesting.
Speaker 3: So Trump has got a rally tonight, first rally since he's been president Tomorrow Night News Nation, which I've started watching every morning along with the other shows that I watch. Tomorrow Night, he's going to be on a show with Andrew Cuomo, Bill O'Reilly and Stephen A. Smith on News Nation. That's their lineup for a town hall with Trump tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: It's a heck of a lineup, isn't it odd? Eh?
Speaker 3: So if you if you've been sleeping on that channel, I know a lot of you been screaming at me, why aren't you watching this? But if you've been sleeping on that channel, you got to check it out. It's like I said, it's it's weird. It takes a little getting used to, and it's making me think about what we do. But it's flat unfair. It just doesn't have the passion of hatred that the other channels have, where you gotta hate somebody and scream about it. They don't do that, so it just I'm not used to that. That's the way all news used to be when I was younger, nobody was screaming about hating anyone or anything. But I need to watch it. Not all dislike, I hate the term hate. Not all dislike is inappropriate, and not all energy or enthusiasm is negative.
Speaker 1: But I will have to watch.
Speaker 3: It's just a calmer Is that how you would describe it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, less analysis for one thing, Just less analysis overall. We have too much analysis, that says a guy who makes his house payment with analysis and is analyzing even if he speaks. Yes, but there's too much freaking analysis. There's not enough news reporting, and there's way too much punditry around the little news reporting that is inaccurately put out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah you could say that. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: I was profoundly annoyed, for instance, by a Wall Street Journal report this morning written by some gal about the chaos and ugliness and yelling speaking of that sort of thing at various Republican congress people's town hall meetings during the two week recess. And it was long and included far too many quotes of what people were shouting in what district and blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: And I'll get to that in a little bit. But at no point did.
Speaker 3: This gal even ask the question, which is widely.
Speaker 1: Known at this point.
Speaker 3: I've said at this point twice, at this point, at this point, and even I think you've sufficiently covered at what point we're at.
Speaker 1: Yes, we are.
Speaker 3: At no other point than this, clearly so concluded by remarks. And then you walk up the stay, anybody picks an ice space out for a second or did he not say anything? It's either brilliant or wait a minute, yeah that's said. Wow, I'm like work in Kamala Harris's side of the street.
Speaker 4: When you consider the passes your time, right, you have to consider the significance of the time that passes, all right, But she didn't even ask the question, and it's been answered, are these organized disruptions by democrats?
Speaker 3: Doesn't even make a brief appearance in the article. Hey sweetheart, he says, somewhat demeaningly, why didn't you spend an extra few minutes on that report and dig into that? I know, I haven't wanted to play some of the clips that they just go crazy over on CNN and MSNBC about these people that disrupted this Republican congressman's town hall is shouting in.
Speaker 1: His constituents are so unhappy. What's a job he's doing?
Speaker 3: Like when I saw where they were shouting tax the rich, and I thought, there's not a freaking chance in hell there's a self organized group of Republicans showing up to the Republican congressman chanting tax the wretch.
Speaker 1: Not a chance.
Speaker 3: It's extremely unlikely anybody who voted for that person would shout that under any circumstances. Right, and so again, so that news article, and I'm sorry I didn't make the point. But the news article is in its own way analysis because it is not collecting the facts that are relevant to understanding the situation.
Speaker 1: The situation is interesting, and it's fine.
Speaker 3: Democratic activists are organizing groups to go to Republican congress people's town halls to disrupt them and shout obscenities or chant or or come out against doge or whatever.
Speaker 1: There are a bunch of different examples. That is what's happening.
Speaker 3: Well, if you are only going to continue the story from my channel, I would say, and mainstream media is pretending it's their own constituents turned against them. Yeah, yeah, highly annoying. We should start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getty on this It is Tuesday, April twenty ninth to or twenty twenty five. It is the one hundredth day of Donald Trump's whatever the year, twenty twenty five. We are armstrong in getting we approve of this program. You know, one of the primary difficulties in defeating the gorilla, Jack is that they have extremely thick skulls, so you can rain blows down upon them. I don't know, and and and you know, do practically no damage. I'm not comfortable with the idea of beating a gorilla on this story either, but I suppose of my life depended on it, I would well, I assume the gorillas signed up for this willingly. Anyway, let's begin the show according to FCC rules and regulations. Let's begin beating the gorilla of the lies of the progressive as precisely, atl Mark.
Speaker 5: Cwton has renegged on every promise that he's made to President Trump. I think at Putin thinks that America has taken the bullet train to jump town.
Speaker 1: Oh geez, alright, that's it. That's it.
Speaker 3: Speaking of bipartisanship and the lack of it, can everyone get together, left, right and center and agree. Senator John Kennedy needs to stop with the homespun little sayings. You're not illustired, you're not amusing anybody. You're not enlightening anybody. Nobody is gratified by the bullet train to chump town.
Speaker 1: It's not a.
Speaker 3: Thing to legislate. Well, he found a niche. You gotta admire carving out your own niche. My niche is kind of odd, hometown homespun sounding phrases that nobody's ever heard before. I wish he'd take the greyhound bush to shut up villa.
Speaker 1: Oh boy.
Speaker 3: Loud, Perhaps a transient to stick his head inside my cyberbast yesterday, and I think I'm paying a price for it. I need to tell that story later. W what, yes, what did he do? I find myself wondering, I'll have to tell that story later, not at this time, at a different time. We've got Katie's headlines on the way, which we got to get to. Got mail bag this hour. We'll catch you up on some of the news of the day. Why did that seventy million dollar fighter plane fall off the aircraft carrier yesterday?
Speaker 1: What the hell?
Speaker 3: What is going on there? Are we getting the whole story? And maybe we shouldn't get the whole story? I don't know, but we'll.
Speaker 1: Tell you about that if you don't know about it. No other stuff on the way. Stay here the Wall Street Journal editorial board.
Speaker 3: Who some of you care about and some of you don't, says my music stopped abruptly, says Donald Trump is blowing his second term with misguided tariff and Ukraine policies.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're can diget into that more later.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The Journal also featured a lot of their editorial writers with their own three, four or five paragraphs of thoughts on the first chunk of the administration.
Speaker 1: It's fairly interesting.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's about what you'd think and about what we've been saying, a lot of good stuff, more turmoil than people want and some stuff that we can't quite figure out what he's thinking. Oh, he's gonna give it his speech tonight. He's gonna maybe this is one of Katie's headlines.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but he's.
Speaker 3: Gonna walk back the whole car traff thing a little bit. So we'll see how that turns out. Yeah, I've got a bunch of stuff, believe it or not on the terriffs. That's interesting, not just the same old blah blah blah you've been hearing speaking of Katie in the headlines.
Speaker 1: Who's reporting what Katie greed?
Speaker 6: We'll start with the Washington Post. China says it won't kneel to the United States and.
Speaker 1: Urges countries to resist bullying.
Speaker 3: Now, you're the greatest bully on earth, your dirty commies. I did read how this is call people to rally around President she.
Speaker 2: And you know, a big, big boost of nationalism fly has the tariffs on China and then being able to talk about the evil believe the United States, et cetera.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, imagine a country engaged in hostile trade practices.
Speaker 1: That would be awful.
Speaker 3: Well, you're right, technically, but that doesn't diminish the fact that it is helping with their nationalism and solidify she as their leader, which is not.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: From the Associated Press, Russia declares a seventy two hour ceasefire in Ukraine for next week to mark Victory Day in World War Two.
Speaker 3: Lion bastards completely phony.
Speaker 1: From NBC. Attorneys dispute.
Speaker 6: Trump officials claim that deported moms willingly took their United States citizen children.
Speaker 3: So Marco Rubio says, you boot out an illegal mom, her kid can go with her.
Speaker 1: Stay here. It's her kid.
Speaker 3: And in the case of these kids, they went with mom. Others are claiming, well, first of all, the headline, the original headlines were like we grabbed the two year old out of their crib and ship them off alowen right, yeah, are you kidding? They could have departed deported me to El Salvador or Iran or Mars. My kids would have been coming with me. Can you imagine You've got to leave the country now.
Speaker 1: Okay, see your kids. Good luck with that whole growing up thing.
Speaker 3: I understand your point. I don't know if I'd take my kids to Iran, I might find a sitter. Into like to figure out how do you act the whole if they're two four and whatever ages that the kids in question are.
Speaker 1: If that phony story, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Just please have aoc go and cry somewhere and let's wrap this up.
Speaker 1: It's just silly.
Speaker 3: Have her stand in a parking lot, gazing through chain link and weep her bitter tears.
Speaker 6: From the New York Times, India seems to be building it's case for striking Pakistan.
Speaker 3: Her boy from the applications abound.
Speaker 1: More on that to come from the hill. According to Zillo, starter homes top.
Speaker 6: One million dollars in two hundred and thirty three US cities.
Speaker 3: I was talking to a guy yesterday in a town where your average dinky little house is a million dollars and he bought that place in nineteen seventy nine for sixty three five.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, now that's some equity. Wow, Wow, that's amazing. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think the median house price in cal Unicornia now is eight hundred and thirty three grand or something eight sixty six something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, how does it?
Speaker 3: And then you add in what uh home ower's insurance is now and energy bills?
Speaker 1: How does anybody afford to live?
Speaker 3: And we need to get into a cavvy Newsom's hole whip sawing the refineries and the oil companies, and how a gas in California could easily rise another dollar in the next year.
Speaker 6: From the New York Post, Mount Fuji climber rescued twice in one week after going back to retrieve cell phone.
Speaker 3: All right, you gotta leave him there, right, thank you. I think that should happen with way more people. You go snowboarding outside into the dangerous Parky, you took a risk.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna send our helicopter.
Speaker 3: A lot of folks get billed depending on where you are if they have to send the big emergency crew out to get you this guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bill, and twice.
Speaker 3: They should tell you that ahead of time, we'll come get you. But it's gonna cost you eighty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: And finally from the Babylon be false alarm. Smoke coming from the Vatican is just Cardinal Steve accidentally burning.
Speaker 1: His toast again. Ah, silly Cardon Steve.
Speaker 3: Like when the ambulance took me to the er with my gouldbladder, if they'd told me it had cost me thirty five hundred dollars out of pocket, I would have crawled screaming to the hospital on my own rather than pay three five hundred dollars out of pocket. Some more of the news of the day that we need to catch you up on. There's too many things happening at once. Anything that can be done about that? If you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: The White House is partly considering ideas to boost the country's birth rate, like sending Elon Musk on spring break.
Speaker 1: Oh jeez, hello, he.
Speaker 7: Cause, does anyone here have have you to rye.
Speaker 3: Play that other joke, Michael, because maybe that spells out the story here before we tell you what it is.
Speaker 7: The White House is partly considering ideas to boost the country's birth rate, including a five thousand dollars baby bonus for women.
Speaker 1: Five thousand dollars.
Speaker 7: Do you know what it costs to raise a child?
Speaker 1: Dollars?
Speaker 7: That's like taking a dollar off coupon to a Mercedes dealership.
Speaker 1: And the money isn't behalf of it.
Speaker 3: I mean the lifestyle change, the likes of which you've never had and never could even imagine.
Speaker 1: I hate this. I hate the countries are doing this.
Speaker 3: I hate that we're we're contemplating doing anybody who would have a kid who wasn't going to have a kid otherwise for five thousand dollars, that poor kid is going to have a miserable life.
Speaker 1: I would like them to be outlawed from that. You're no kidding.
Speaker 3: There are only two questions here, and they are kind of the same question. Number one, to understand the irresistible primal urge to reproduce, and be to understand its absence. Those are the only thing that's the only thing that's going on here.
Speaker 1: The lack of no.
Speaker 3: I don't want to have a kid. I still don't want to have a kid. Now I'm fifty years old. I can't have a kid now. I mean, that's just it's unprecedented in human history, well, in the history of virtually any biologic beast. Right, That's our question, not the lack of five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Correct, And I have long long.
Speaker 3: Maintained, having lived it the whole We're going to wait till we can afford.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: If you want to have a kid, have a kid, You'll figure it out. You're smart, you're ambitious, You'll figure it out, or you'll be poor for a while. I've done it. It doesn't kill you anyway.
Speaker 1: Where were we? Ah, yes, oh, I got a good tease. Yes.
Speaker 3: Wall Street Journal with an article out about how the whole starting your day at four am thing is really catching on with go getters. Oh yeah, I saw that because of a viral video that somehow we missed. We'll have to talk about that maybe an hour or two.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, the pre dawn superachiever lifestyle. Yeah, good luck. You knock yourself out.
Speaker 3: So let me know how that goes well. In fact, don't don't let me know how that goes I don't care. A couple of stories, several stories actually really related to the whole ever evolving tariff situation, just to give you a snapshot of what's going on with the economy. Weirdly enough, on this show, we don't necessarily present everything for the purpose of, you know, praising or condemning Donald J.
Speaker 1: Trump.
Speaker 3: It's just interesting. Here's your headline number one from the Wall Street Journal. GM pulls profit guidance, citing significant tariff impact. GM's net income slid six point six percent in the first quarter on weaker sales of highly profitable trucks and SUV's, and GM is shelving its earlier profit guidance. That's when they tell investors, look, here's how it looks. We think we're gonna make an x amount of revenue x amount of profit or within a couple of percent for twenty twenty five. They have shelved it all, saying President Trump's auto tariffs have clouded the outlook and its prior forecast quote can't be relied upon, said the chief financial officer. They would come back to the market an update once executives have more clarity.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 3: Given the evolving nature, evolving nature of the situation, we believe the future impact of tariffs could be significant. So but that was before what in the last twelve hours, Trump announced he's gonna redo the whole car tariff thing in a very complex way so that you don't get double tariffed for aluminum or steel that goes into the car and then the car's made somewhere else or whatever. So a man that Matt's going to be complicated on that just for the purpose of avacuracy. That was actually after that announcement. Okay, GM's just saying we still don't know what's going on, and sure we can't rely on our earlier predictions. So I can't imagine how complicated the formula is for something that's been tariffed already and now is in the car or not, or something unspeakably complicated. I've seen and read an analysis of what it would take, and it is mind boggling. The story that Jack is referring to yet another headline. President Trump is expected to soften the impact of his automotive tariffs, preventing duties on foreign made cars from stacking on top of other tariffs he has imposed, and easing some of the levees on foreign parts used to manufacture cars in the US. According to people familiar with the matter, this is what we've been talking about. How you can have a US make that has that's assembled in the United States, that has parts from twelve different countries, and you can have a foreign make that also has parts from twelve different countries made in the United States, and who gets tariff. What the decision means automakers paying Trump's automotive tariffs won't also be charged for other duties, such as those on steel and aluminum, according to people familiar with the policy, and the move would be retroactive to the beginning of the month.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: What so I saw something in the article about that with rebates afterwards or whatever.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you talk about complicated formulas.
Speaker 3: The Administration will also modify its tariffs on FOURIGN autopart slated to be twenty five percent effective in a couple of days, allowing automakers to be reimbursed for those tariffs up to an amount equal to three point seventy five percent of the value of a US made car for one year. The reimbursement would fall to two point five percent of the car's value in a second year. I won't continue because I can hear your eyes glazing friends. Yeah, And the one part that bothers me, well, there are several aspects of this would bother me, but one that really really bothers me is if you are a giant automaker and you have millions and millions and millions of dollars worth of lobbyists, you can get breaks on the tariffs. If you are a small manufacturer in Indiana, California, Florida, wherever.
Speaker 1: You cannot.
Speaker 3: And so the tariffs are going to murder small businesses, and the super giants will wade into the swamp further enrich the swamp and get their carve outs, which is a remarkably untrumpy way to run things. Right now, all the reporting around, well anything with Trump is got to be suspect because you never know if they just are going out of their way to hate on Trump. But I did see an article yesterday predicting that something like two thirds of toy stores are going to go out of business before Christmas because they just can't. They can't order any toys because most all, practically all toys come from China, and with the one hundred and forty five percent tariff or whatever it is, they just can't stock their shelves.
Speaker 1: And so we got to close your doors.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: If that's true, obviously that's horrifying.
Speaker 3: Whereas, like you pointed out, the Targets and the Walmarts will figure out a way.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, this show is so weird.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they say Trump's right and sometimes they say Trump's wrong. For instance, so far, your super giant retailers like wal Mart and I almost said Kmart, Good Lord, and Target have kept prices low on phone chargers, towels, blenders in the face of rising tariffs, and according once again to the Journal, the America's largest retailers are trying everything. They're pressuring their suppliers to absorb some of the cost increases.
Speaker 1: You take a haircut, I take a haircut.
Speaker 3: Dropping free perks from corporate offices, so they're cutting things closer to the bone. They paused some shipments of goods from China and are leaning on inventory that's already been imported to the US, but there's only so much of that so so far, most prices have held steady overall, and the real jumps in everyday retail stuff that we buy that could fuel inflation are not evident. But the chief executives of Walmart, Target, and Home Depot met with President Trump last week with a strong men, the status quo cannot last forever. They weren't Trump that higher prices would be difficult to avoid and said certain products would become scarce I retailers decide not to sell them to avoid tariff costs. They told the Parsident they would work to keep product prices as low as possible for as long as possible, but it ain't gonna last forever.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of opinions on this, and again some of its political spend. Some of it is guessing because it's very complicated. But as listening to one who seemed to be a non partisan economic guy talking about, we're a couple of weeks away from this hitting us all like just a sledgehammer, either bare shelves or things that are there that are prices we've.
Speaker 1: Never seen before. Yeah, and it's just going to be like a slap in the face.
Speaker 3: And then this maybe you already had this story, but Amazon is going to display the tariff costs in there when you check out. See you check out on something on Amazon, and it'll have it's twenty one to ninety eight plus the six eighty eight because of the tariffs for a total love just to drive home the point, which is a political mood or to try to keep them out of you being mad at them or what. I don't know, putting aside the fact that that would be nearly impossible to determine.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean, if.
Speaker 3: Coming up with the you know, how do you tear a car built by parts from all over the world that have crossed the Canadian border half a dozen times?
Speaker 1: Literally?
Speaker 3: If that's complicated, imagine then factoring all of that crap into a final price. Yeah, interesting move by Amazon. It's like the restaurants that have and my sympathies are are absolutely with them. In cal Unicornia, for instance, the restaurants that have put a you know, three dollar searcharge at the bottom of the bill labor fee because of the artificially inflated minimum wages in California France. I think I think unless some we can talk me out of it, I think I like this sort of thing. If a government policy causes you to raise your prices, make it clear on the bill. Here's and you don't like the policy, here's the government policy what it cost you. I wish it didn't exist either, but I got no choice. I think that's a good idea. I love the way you just put that, because no matter which party is in the office, and if you have principles, you'd agree with me. I want people to have a greater appreciation for how government policy affects life. There ought to be like the guy who baps you over the head and takes your stuff in some blue state. He ought to have to say, by the way, I'm only on the street because of progressive crime policy, and then he hits you over the head.
Speaker 1: Full disclosure all right.
Speaker 3: Now here's something that would or you know, when you would go there in your cars up on blocks, there ought to be a note or something brought to you by Gavin Newsom's crime policy. For instance, Hey you see that classic car that's attached to the RV. Now, Hanson, that's a nice looking car. I don't know where you got it. Some sort of seventies boat. Yeah, that's cool car. Where the guy got it? The old r V that's parked up by the radio stations here, that's been parked here for weeks.
Speaker 1: Guy just lives here now, I guess yep, cooks on a hot plate outside running off a battery. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now apparently he's got a land yacht from the seventies. Fabulous.
Speaker 1: Good deal.
Speaker 3: And then this headline, which is absolutely pro Trump. The merk the pharmaceutical giant will grow its US manufacturing footprint with a one billion dollar plant in Delaware, becoming the latest drug maker to invest in the US. Is Tariff's target. The Tariff's targeting the industry, loomed. The facilities products will include biologic drugs and a new, easier to use version of key Trudah, the company's blockbuster cancer drug. The plant marks Merk's first in house manufacturing site in the US to make key Trudah and we'll ensure American patients get drugs made domestically. And the CEO said good stuff about it's really a strategy to make sure we can source US needs from US sites. As you look at what the current administration is doing and what Trump is trying to achieve, this is very much aligned with that is they're trying to kiss his ass. But also, as we learned in covid Man, we've got to have our critical drugs made domestically or at least not made by our mortal enemy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a man.
Speaker 3: If they shut off all of the ssryes, for instance, we get into a big war. Imagine that everybody in the country can't get their zolof will buttrin whatever mental health drug they're on. We'd have a nation full of people go and losing their minds.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, Yeah, that would be bad. That'd be a bad one.
Speaker 3: As if we don't already have a nation full of people losing their mind We got mail bag on the way, a bunch of stuff stick with us. So the hooties are firing at one of our giant aircraft carriers. They turned the steering wheel really hard and seventy million dollar fighter.
Speaker 1: Plane falls off. Is that what actually happened?
Speaker 3: I don't think there would be precautions anyway.
Speaker 1: More on that blocks a chain?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Okay, Plus the question vexing mankind? Could one hundred unarmed men beat a gorilla in a fight? Stay with US live team coverage. We're actually in a stage it. Here's your freedom loving quoting the we have a little trouble securing a license. We had to move the show to Las Vegas. I've referenced this many many times, so I thought I would hit you with the full quote from Abe Lincoln. At what point then is the take two? At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, to ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of free men, we must live through all time or die by suicide. Very fancy wave saying nobody outside is going to bring down the US, but we could screw it up so badly we bring ourselves down. Let's try not to yeah. I think that's always been the case with your big empires. I mean, at the end, it's the barbarians that break through the gates. But the reason they were able to break through the gates is because you dissolved from the inside first. Right right here here, mail bag, feel free to drop some note anytime. Mail Bag at Armstrong e geddy dot com is the email address. Mail Bag at Armstrong at getty dot com. Nice know from John here. As I go through life, I realize there are a lot of dumb sobs out there, and all this polling s is driving me nuts. Let it play out, nothing happens overnight. I'm so disappointed in humanity. If I didn't have a beautiful family, which he describes, I would launch myself into the Delta Mendota Canal on my way to work tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Can everyone just chill out?
Speaker 3: I'm guessing not fringing morons, very tiring planted garden. Listen to the birds chirping around you. Life can be hard, but you only get one shot at it. End of rand Well, that's basically what I arted with no. One hundred days of Trump. Is this what you want to do with your life? You want to focus on whoever's president and what their approval rating is every day of your life.
Speaker 1: Till you're dead. You're gonna look back on your life and think, well, I was.
Speaker 3: Well spent, and have your hatred for them or love for them the animating factor in your life. Right, sure, glad, I made my whole life about who's president, and that's what I did all day long. Moving along swiftly to that point, Jim is SoCal with a lovely note. We were talking yesterday about how the tramp stamp is back. Yes, yes, yes, lower back tattoo for young women in particular. Yeah, gen Z's reclaiming it, Jim writes Jack Joe, because keep in mind that many of those tattoos are kind of bilateral, if you will, they're you know, wings or something, you know.
Speaker 1: Picture that.
Speaker 3: As I read this, guys, I discovered years ago the term arskeevai, which translates translated from German is ass at, a humorous euphemism for tramps tamp. Evidently that's what they call the tramps tamp in Germany. That's the Germans, a whimsical people. They're known for theirs. Let's see our new feature, which I think what did I call the Canada feature.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, we Canada.
Speaker 3: Well, loyal listener Roberts suggests, how about a boot Canada. That's pretty good? Or his email topic is oh Canada, that's the obvious name for the feature stories about Canada. Thank you, Robert Canada. The new prime minister who got elected yesterday. I had some rough things to say for the US of A. We'll play that.
Speaker 1: For you later. That's how he got elected.
Speaker 3: Several leftists around the world have gotten elected by saying I'm the guy to fight Trump, not my conservative colleagues. So the world has swung to the left.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 3: Let's see a couple of interesting thoughts on the Ukraine conflict that we don't have time for. Interesting compare in contrast from Ted here. I'll give you a very very short version. The UK is predicting the forecast of blue states like California. Workers age sixteen to twenty four just cannot find jobs because of artificially high minimum wages. And now the government is making it more and more expensive and complicated to employ anyone, and it's devastating youth employment. Dang it, my kid's gonna be looking for a job here in the next six months. Don't it.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty