Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, the.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast. This is your roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and beyond. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data, let's take.
Speaker 3: A look at some stocks on the move today. We're joined by Bloomberg's Valerie Titel. Valerie. Tesla's moving lower. What's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tesla down one point three percent. It's leading losses across the mag seven this morning in pre market trade after it's recalled all of the cyber trucks it produced and sold in the first fifteen months it was on the market in the US over a safety issue it's having trouble resolving. Nathan. There's some pieces of steel trim along the exterior of the cyber truck that can come loose. And note this is not the first time that Tesla has recalled the cyber truck. It's now the sixth time it's issued a recall within the year of launching this truck in November twenty twenty three, and one of those earlier safety campaigns was also about a piece of trim loose coming loose on the exterior of the truck bed. So Tesla is to the downside, down one point three percent.
Speaker 3: And this morning we've got word of a major investment that could be coming from Nvidia. How's that stock going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. This isn't really boosting the stock this morning. Navidia is trading down half of one percent. The FT reported that it's been planning to invest hundreds of billions of dollars in US made chips and electronics. The FT reports the company will spend around half a trillion dollars in the US over the next four years. The CEO is saying Navidia can manufacture its latest systems in the US through suppliers like TSMC and fox Con. But that news not having much much boost to the stock. This morning, Navidia down a half of one percent.
Speaker 3: Now, we've got some stocks moving on earnings this morning as well. Valerie tell us about Shoe Carnival that one's taking a beating right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, beating for Shoe Carnival, down twelve and a half percent. Nathan on disappointing sales guidance. Their fourth quarter net sales also missed estimates, but the guidance for the full year sales came way below Wall Street estimates. They now expect to sales to see a decline for this fiscal year and guided for earnings that were also below estimates. It's been weighing on the shares this morning. Shoe Carnival down twelve and a half percent.
Speaker 3: Speaking of below five below, much different.
Speaker 1: Story, a different story here for five below, another retailer reporting this morning. Those shares are up eleven point six percent. They had a beat on their fourth quarter results and they also issued an upbeat outlook for the year. Those shares are climbing up eleven point six percent, but some analysts are out already saying they're cautious about this move, saying that the long term impact of tariffs could weigh on the business. Morgan Stanley and Barclays both cut their targets after these earnings from five below. But it's still on the rise of eleven point six percent.
Speaker 3: And we've got more earnings later today. What stuck should we be watching there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, a slew of earnings. The big ones come after the bell, Nathan. We've got FedEx, which is known as quite a bellweather for the US economy. Reporting also at Nike. You know, how has the new CEO done with their turnaround plan, and then another tech name. We get Micron, the chip fabricator as well. All three of those reporting after.
Speaker 2: The bell the Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.