Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Hecma Harrison, and Newie Scrugs.
Speaker 2: Players Lats time, Let's ride, Let's go here. We are on Wednesday, work day at the start first going s WBC podcast studios. Heck Merrison is here. Barry Church scrub Yes, yes, Barry is the player on the show. We are.
Speaker 3: We are not play play up.
Speaker 2: That's okay, that's It's all good, man, It's all good. It's okay. Locker room's about to open up here in three minutes. Three locker room. I really want to be in there, but I'm doing this show at you appreciate would be there, man, So I'm just gonna sit back way, got my nuts, go ahead? What what CD got to say? Trayvon? Oh, you're right right? Digs Who did that number seven, number seven, number one in your heart?
Speaker 3: Seven on the field?
Speaker 2: Yes, four million views that video got, all right.
Speaker 3: And climbing right and climbing, and I'm still going.
Speaker 2: I stopped looking that hit four. I just laughed. Cowboys are taking going to the Atlanta fi because this weekend, guys, there are some troubling, troubling statistics for the Cowboys here. Opponent scoring average Cowboys thirty first twenty eight point three, rushing offense NFL rank thirty two, that would be last seventy four point one, a game turnover margin negative eight thirty. Only two teams are worse at giving the football away than the Dollar Cowboys, and they heading to take on the Atlanta Falcons, who are a five and three football team. And yeah, man, that's tough. So what mistakes are correctable?
Speaker 4: Well, I think when you when you start talking about those numbers, you start at thirty two. Any anything that starts at thirty two, that means there's room for improvement when you start at thirty two, and offense, it starts up front for me, the offensive line. If you look at this Cowboy team from inside out, there is a problem in the running game that starts with the running with our offensive line, whether it's the communication, guys coming at us with twists and stunts, all of those things. We just haven't been able to get the cohesion that we thought we would have between these five and it's I don't want.
Speaker 3: To call it.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm not going to start at the embarrassing embarrassment of not being able to run the ball. But every Sunday you come with that in the back of your head, saying, look, if the Cowboys could at least stay balanced as an offense, maybe they would have a chance to be able to compete in those games where you say, hey, we need to compete.
Speaker 3: Now are you asking that question yesterday? The competition phase?
Speaker 4: Where is your running game when you absolutely need to move the change? You don't need a three and out right here. You don't need Dak Prescott to come out on first down, throw the ball first down, second down, third down, because now the game plan and the scheme has changed. And I think Mike McCarthy's offense, which was number one last year, Mike McCarthy's offense, which was number one last year, this year, there's something startling about the numbers that knew he just stated, And you have to ask yourself, well, what changed? What changed? Was it the fact that we lost our running back to Tennessee? Was it the fact that we sent our star left tackle to the New York Jets? Sam Sam Salm I mean, but I don't think any of those things resonate with you.
Speaker 3: I don't think that you look at this team and say, do you.
Speaker 4: I don't want to put words in your mouth because to me, I don't look at that and say, oh my god, we lost those two guys and that made the difference between us being number one all the way down to thirty two. But there must be a reason for it. And the struggle that Terrence Steel had. I think as much as we've been pointing the finger at Geiden, Terrence Steele was probably saying, thank God, thank god, thank god. Nobody sees what's going on over ye seen. But this is why I say the room for improvement because we've seen Terren Steele and not not to say that he's been an All Pro player and all of those things, but not struggle this mightily to this point, to this degree where you're saying, my man Bosa is having it his way, those are that's got to stop.
Speaker 2: Burger king.
Speaker 4: That's got to stop, especially when you look at the next games, couple of games that the Cowboys have and I'm looking for and as much as the media and everybody on the outside is trying to expand on these mistakes and how the weakness of the Dallas Cowboys. I'm saying, are there any correctable mistakes for this team? And number one, it has to start with the offensive line.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then that's a huge part of it. When you talk about the offensive line. You know, I don't think anybody, including us up here, thought that, you know, that right side of the offsive line would struggle as much as it has so far this season.
Speaker 3: And that right side, I.
Speaker 5: Mean your future Hall of Famer and Zach Martin and you know, Terrence Steele. You know, they've both had their ups and downs so far this season and it just hasn't helped this offense overall.
Speaker 3: But when you talk about offensively, I think the biggest.
Speaker 5: Difference, you know, outside of having somewhat of a run game last year, is just, you know, the turnovers. The turnovers are continually adding up, you know, whether it's the decision making by Dak Prescott or you know, guys not running the right routes, not protecting the quarterback. He sacked fumbles here and there. But these are things that you didn't see from this offense last year. DAC did an outstanding job of protecting the football. Last year, his decision making was on point. He was able to, you know, get guys like Gallup, Ferguson involved, Ceedee Lamb had a career year. So when you look at the office side of the football, I think there's room for.
Speaker 3: Improvement, and it starts by protecting the football.
Speaker 5: And you got to in this day and age, you can't give offensive short fields out there like they were able to do in San Francisco.
Speaker 3: Now defensively, you know, I don't see it.
Speaker 5: I don't see where the improvement is going to happen defensively because there's no Aaron Donald, there's no lt there's no Dominican Sue in his prime walking through that door for the Dallas Cowboys. And like KNW we always says time proof and consistency. You know, we've seen it for the majority of this year, pretty much all this year and towards the latter part of last year, that this defense cannot stop the run. And now not only that, it's starting to boil over into teams being able to pick apart this team in the secondary as well. You know, we looked at what the forty nine ers were able to do last game two hundred and twenty three yards on the ground, averaging six point two yards per or carry, which are numbers that are their historical numbers. You never want to see that on the stat sheet. But not only that, brock Party was able to throw over two hundred and fifty yards in the airs without without Christian mccaf without Christian McCaffrey, you know, without how you go out there, you know, and brock Party is a good quarterback, but.
Speaker 2: He's not prolific. Look like Joe montag He's not, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Steve Young out there collecting these first downs with.
Speaker 5: His legs and his arm, I don't see, you know, whether it's scheme, whether it's players.
Speaker 2: I just do not.
Speaker 5: See where the improvement can happen defensively and not just put puts your offense in a buying because now you're gonna have to win shootouts. And we've seen so far this year that this offense, you know, as limited as it may be, is not going to be able to put up those thirty thirty five point games that are needed to be able to you know, overcome the defensive struggles. So to me, you know, it's it's shaky right now, it's shaky for this team altogether. But offensively I can see a little bit. Defensively though, I just I don't see it at this point in time.
Speaker 2: Run defensive Cowboys are thirty first in the league giving up one hundred.
Speaker 3: And fifty five yard game. Who's worse than that?
Speaker 2: There's a team maybe Carolina. So you say there's a chance they're giving it up. You know, you know what, this is awful. This is awful if you can't run it and you can't stop to run, this is how you end up drafting in the top ten and you got a first place schedule, first place schedule. You're playing a first place team this week Lanta Falcons is in the first place, and next week Philly you're play another first place team.
Speaker 3: We got to that, the Texans another first place. Yeah, that's that's that's a stretch for you know what, that's a stretch.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean, that's just great. You know when you say that there's not a chance, is great. Thank you so much, Thank you so much. You know, ten games, ten games left in the season, didn't you know there's not a chance. But I appoint you and walking through the no.
Speaker 3: He's not.
Speaker 4: And I point to what I think everybody's conversation is going to go to between now and the trade deadline is what piece can what can you do before that to bring in a one technique or a defensive tackle?
Speaker 3: What can you do? Is there anything anything you can do?
Speaker 4: Because I think the Cardinals seeing in football is doubt shall not give up the middle of the field. And if you are giving up the middle of the field, and there are reasons why just you talk about all the time, Barry Church, of being in that auditorium over there with the coach with a clicker in his hand, and you cannot tell me that there has not been bad film that guys have set that get your popcorn ready to.
Speaker 3: Come down and watch this debacle.
Speaker 4: There's a cause and effect to all of it in football, and you know that that's how it works. Right now, the middle of the field is being exposed. We're seeing and that's why teams are able to take advantage of us in the back half because once play action work once, Once once play actions start to work, then everything else.
Speaker 2: Starts to click.
Speaker 4: For any office, you come up again and when you're losing and you're giving up four hundred yards pery, you can point You can point fingers wherever you want to, but it starts in the way the teams establish themselves, and they establish everything in the run. You look at those numbers and the attempts at the run. This thirty they run thirty six. Come on thirty six times a game. How many teams are waking up and playing on Sunday where the ball is run thirty six times on them?
Speaker 3: Come on?
Speaker 2: So get away with it.
Speaker 3: You get away with it six point two.
Speaker 2: And get away with it. Cowboys have rushed for three total three touchdowns this year. Three How easy their opponent DC had two six six.
Speaker 3: Away from my predictions, you got ten more games. It looks smart he could do.
Speaker 2: Cowboys opponents are running rushing ran twelve touchdowns. Then yeah, so you yourself only could run in three and the other team is running twelve. They're still averaging right now this year the opponent are averaging thirty two minutes and twenty eight seconds in time of possession, meaning your your defense, which is already compromised, who cannot stop the run, is out on the field for a full half and a two minute. Trill man, that ain't it? This is this is this is this is losing football guys in your you know, thirtieth in turnover margin, and I was, I don't know what's correct I mean, it's nice to ask the question, what's correctable. I don't know what it is at this point. This this may just be who you are. We could say you're getting Michael Partson's back, You're gonna get dron Blam back. They'll help a little bit. But they don't set the edge and that goes. I mean, they're not sitting up here in the middle, you know where they're they're trying to run about. I mean, it's just it's how do I say this nicely?
Speaker 3: It's the players lauds.
Speaker 2: We have overrated the talent of this team, I would agree, and underrated the the guys that left left, the depth that left. Because we're sitting out here watching dudes on side.
Speaker 6: Who he is?
Speaker 3: Who that beat? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And what is he doing? And as much as we hey, Carson, look good, it can look good, look good, look good when there's a bland and it digs out there.
Speaker 3: But he too has been hurt. He too, he too has been hurt.
Speaker 2: And then you go his backup the depth on I took to the depths it's not there.
Speaker 4: But you've had an opportunity to see all of that this season, especially when you've had a run on every last one of your defensive ends being hurt this year.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's all.
Speaker 4: I'm just causality, all right, And so y'all watch football, and I'm not talking to a bunch of people that's just trying to have takes on the Cowboys in this it's it's you watch football right now in this season. There are two great teams in the NFL, all right, in my opinion, all right, correct me if you think otherwise two great teams. There are a handful of good teams, all right. Then they're also a bushel of middle of the road teams. And then there's the bottom basement teams. Where do you see the Dallas Cowboys fitting into at three and four currently into that? If you if you give that tiers in the NFL, I.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't put them at the bottom of the basement because there's you know, you got the Panthers, the giants of the world. You know you got that, just like I wouldn't put them, you know, in that category. I put them in that, not the good squads, but you know, below there, you know, below that and not to me is it's not really a great place to be because you know you're not going to get a top ten pick being you know, a little bit above average.
Speaker 2: But you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So it's like, man, you try to build for next year, but you can't really because your pick's not going to be that high.
Speaker 3: So I put them in that category.
Speaker 5: And when we talk about, you know, defensively, what gives me such like, man, I just can't see it.
Speaker 3: It's because when you look at it, you can say, if this team was.
Speaker 5: Just giving up explosives, you could be like, all right, you know, play everything top to down, make them go to distance, make them go eighty yards, one hundred yards to score.
Speaker 3: You just giving up explosives.
Speaker 2: That's okay.
Speaker 5: We can play top to down, we can make sure everything's in front of us. But teams are getting explosives and they're driving eighty your herds on them, like you just the time of positions right there, Like teams are not just hitting explosives on this teams, they're milking their way down doing whatever they want to. So it's it's it's very frustrating because you look at it and you're like, man, what way can they improve?
Speaker 2: They're a team that can't beat good clubs, but they'll beat the average to bad teams. You beat the Giants, you beat the Jets. You can beat a Cleveland Patriots, Baltimore, no, Detroit, no, San Francisco No. And right now, looking in Atlanta, you have to say, no, you're not going to beat them, even though Atlanta has some warts. They have warts, but they haven't been good enough to take advantage of those wards yet. Pittsburgh may be the one team that you look at down the road because you might tea is Mike t It's gonna be a winning football team. But Pittsburgh's got warts too. You know that the Pittsburgh is not a team I'm expecting to see playing New Orleans for the Super Bowl. I don't, not with that quarterback situation. So that's kind of where they're at. And I just think we I know, I raised my hand, overrated, I overrated the talent and underrated what what went out the door. What went out the door was good. We said it, and I guess I probably wanted to believe it, but I said it before. Mike Zimmer doesn't have the guys he wins with. Mike Zimmer likes big people. You don't have that. The carpenter doesn't have his tools, and Mike Mike Zimmer is not He's a coach, He and a musician. He a magician man, And you're out here trying to magically make MASI into something he's not. This is not Warren Sap, This is not Booker McFarland. This is damn Tristan Hill right now.
Speaker 4: I mean, but as much as you you say that, and then you look around the NFL of guys that play gap schemes, you don't see guys even the same size being a lesser first round, second or whatever it is, being blown off the ball like this. I mean, there's a difference between I don't know the technique, I can't do the job, and then then getting that happening club. That's what I'm saying. That's why I'm saying the middle of the field. You're susceptible in the middle of the field, and teams know that they can make those kind of plays on you. If I take away those six or eight big plays for one hundred and sixteen yards. That's why I say correctable mistakes, what do you say in the defensive meeting room, we have to limit the big play. That's the number one thing. And if you have four or five different of those big plays that don't go for twenty thirty yards, that may be the difference in a football game.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's what it all comes down to.
Speaker 5: Q In.
Speaker 4: The inches are all around us. That's all I'm talking. That's all I'm talking about, like inches, feet, my man, yards.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's just because there's so many Each level has that on this defense. Like you said, there's no you know, booger MacFarland right there, the Gays getting blown off.
Speaker 3: You know, second level.
Speaker 5: You know, these linebackers, as fast and as you know, aggressive as they can be, really just haven't been that effective because they have to deal with those linemen coming up to the second level. And then you got you know, the safety play. You know, you don't have to turn Matthew back. Then you can't just say, hey, you got this tight end, lock him up. I mean we've seen that.
Speaker 3: So it's like on every level, it's just Matthew.
Speaker 2: Guy Kyle Pitts is feeling good about this looking at shops. You know, let's go, guys, can we run the kittle, give me that Kittles, give.
Speaker 3: Me it over KT.
Speaker 4: And on top of that, you go up against a Bjeon Robinson that's only had one one hundred yard game this season, so.
Speaker 2: Make it too. Let's talk about that. After the break with Harrison Barry Church to.
Speaker 4: Positive honey badgery, he got, Look, he should have turned these guys in there.
Speaker 3: Chris Win break turn where Chris?
Speaker 6: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a proud sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred GA m b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 7: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 8: Prescott kits it slid for the first down.
Speaker 7: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect.
Speaker 8: Brow My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 6: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 3: Are you the.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to.
Speaker 2: Be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the.
Speaker 9: Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallas Cowboys dot Com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the Players Lounge. This segment brought to you by Yeddi Aristocrat Gaming. Aristocrat Gaming. But you know YETI read nobody like that? Okay? On Fridays, Yeah, yeah, okay, yes sir, the Atlanta Falcons are awaiting the Dallas Cowboys. Yes, Clarence Hill says he's going up on Friday. They're doing a special show from Magic City and the.
Speaker 5: Man they're going to get get the waffles, taking Joe, taking Joe brother he's taking with him.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, come back to the same.
Speaker 10: Hat. M.
Speaker 2: I've never been there, so I don't know. But I hear the wings are good wings. I hear breaking popular. Which one's your favorite? There? Very you know about it.
Speaker 3: I just someone who brought it to me. That's in the car. It was in the car.
Speaker 2: I just brought it out to me.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: The wings. When I ate meat, I can tell you that the wings are good and yoah yeah yeah, yeah, the wings were great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the wings were great. The waff was also really okay. Yeah, give us a whole review.
Speaker 2: That was good. What made the waft for good?
Speaker 3: It was fresh bad, it was fresh. It was good like the Rosco's chicken wall.
Speaker 2: But it's the sentiment and sugar that's in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, come on, man, we've all lived a little before we got here. So don't don't play with me. I don't do that, Yetta, don't do that that. I'm just asking, Okay, let's do that. I'm just asking cow pits.
Speaker 2: What do you want to know?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Double what you say? Better?
Speaker 3: You bet you don't go man, Man do zero. Don' go zero this week.
Speaker 5: You gotta learn from the mistakes, man, everything you gotta learn from him.
Speaker 3: And we've seen even Kittle.
Speaker 5: Is an amazing tight end, top three tight end International Football League, but I would.
Speaker 3: Dare to say Kyle Pitts is maybe even more of a threat.
Speaker 5: When you talk about his athletic ability and way to get downfield, and if we saw what Kittle was able to do in a one on one matchup, I mean, Kyle Pitts, he's got Like I said, he's got to be looking at chops right now.
Speaker 2: He's finally got a quarterback who believes in throwing to the tight end.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know, ken fulk Kirk gonna make sure that And that's crazy. What's crazy to me is that so many people gave up on Kyle Pitts before this season and was saying, mate, he was a bust and out. You know, those those rumors and whispers that were coming out of Atlanta. Now all of a sudden, he looks like a new man. And it's because you got a quarterback that can actually get you the ball, and you have an offensive coordinator in Zach Robinson that absolutely believes in utilizing the tight end. He comes from the Rams tree, which is the Shanahan you know, and all of that. You're gonna face that same type of offense all over again. But thank god for not being the forty nine ers, because this is this is one of those games that obviously the Cowboys don't I don't see them going back with the same scheme that they had last week. I don't think you believe in that anymore than that that works. So whatever, Zim, you know, re schemes to this week. It's gonna have to be different. It's gonna have to be one where he protects his linebackers because you couldn't those guys couldn't be effective.
Speaker 3: Last week.
Speaker 4: There were parts in the game where it was just like man, everybody's tackling the back of a guy's jersey, and that's because they're getting so much penetration up front getting to the second level.
Speaker 3: I want.
Speaker 4: My thing is that our getty cool customer was Marvin Overshwn. This is this is another one of those games for me that my silver lining from last week was seeing actual de Marvin Overshown active and move around as a linebacker. We talked about that, and I think those are the buy ins that you need at this point of the season because guys on the defense have to just say this about us now because you're thirty first. You don't want to be thirty seconds. You don't want to embarrass yourself. So how can you clean this up weekend? And we got it's got to start with stopping to run, But your playmakers have to be effective.
Speaker 3: For you and these guys on the outside.
Speaker 5: You know, the one bright spot or at least in coverage has been digs Jordan Lewis and you know you sprinkling all. I don't want to butcher his name. Alllo Waller, my man. I don't want to on jury reserve. Okay, yeah, yeah, I don't want to bud those guys on the outside. They haven't been crazily exposed like this. You know, for whatever the case may be. In the running game, you know, he hasn't been there. But in the passing game he's been able to you know, a little bit he's been able to do. Hasn't been the digs that has eleven picks, but he's been enough to be out there and shut it down. So to me, you've got to put your resources into that middle of the field that you talked about. Let those guys on the outside. Jordan Lewis has been balling in the slide.
Speaker 2: He's been falling.
Speaker 5: Nobody's talking about that because he's doing this thing. Let those guys lock up on the outside. Man, help your safeties out in the middle of the field. Try to take away Pitts as much as you can and force Kirk Cousins, who's a statue in the pocket. Is this defense for whatever the case may be, they do well against guys who can't maneuver, who can't run around, who can't avoid in the pocket.
Speaker 3: And that's exactly what Kirk Cousins is. He's a statue back there.
Speaker 2: So you want one on one with London, Drake London.
Speaker 5: I would take that chance over one on one with Pitts in the middle of the field. Would I would take Diggs versus London versus the other option out there, I would do that.
Speaker 2: Yes, they decided to go away from Digs, or you're gonna try and make Dick's travel.
Speaker 3: This week, I would. I would try to make dis t this time. At this time. You got to pull out all the stops.
Speaker 5: I mean, I know Zim doesn't like travel in his corners, but you know, for what he's done so far this season, it hasn't really worked out. So you got to try some new wrinkles, some new some unscouted looks. And to me, that's what you gotta do. You gotta put your best on best.
Speaker 4: It's the gospel when you say it, because I know when when you when you say that about Kirk Cousins, you don't have to worry about him being that man beater basically because he's not gonna try and run.
Speaker 3: He ain't gonna ska.
Speaker 4: And you saw what you saw with party when things broke down, when it would have been a cover sack, if you had anybody to give any pressure, he was like, well, damn, I don't have nobody to go to it. I mess with scamper for another twenty thirty yards and those are part of the big plays that when you held him, it was thirty five thirty seven and they still found a way.
Speaker 3: Kirk Cousin ain't gonna He's not escaping, He's not doing that.
Speaker 4: And if he does run, God, we got somebody that could chase down kirk Cusins. He gonna give it to you because when things start getting around the negles away from me, away from it.
Speaker 2: He got the ball.
Speaker 5: Now we've seen it happen before. So to me, you know, you got to travel best on best.
Speaker 4: My question to you and for Trayvon Diggs coming back from the ACL surgery, we hadn't really talked a whole lot about how he looked from before post, you know, pre and post. Has there anything changed about him? His hesitancy, you know, cutting any I mean because you played with enough guys to see that man this guy isn't the same guy that he was before you at the ACL jury.
Speaker 5: Physically, I don't really see much difference. To me, he still has some gold juice. He can still run. To me, the issue what he's been having so far this year is just the technique.
Speaker 3: He seems a little grabby, a little holding to me.
Speaker 5: When we looked at that Detroit game, towards instances where you're matched up against a Jamison Williams, who's one of the fastest receivers in the National Football League, this is when your technique has to come into hand. This is when you got to be patient with the guy. We seen him trying to jump jam him multiple times, and when you do that and you.
Speaker 3: Miss, he gonna be out the gates.
Speaker 5: So to me, it's nothing physically. He's been able to cut just fine. He's been able to run, at least to my eyes, just fine.
Speaker 3: It's just the.
Speaker 5: Technique, little things here and there that we've seen in the past him be just unbelievable at man stabbing here, running here right on the low hip, being able to jump routes.
Speaker 3: We just haven't seen that technique so far this season.
Speaker 4: And that's why I'm looking forward to Druan Bland. It just seems having Dern Bland back to me gives us another added guy that can deal with those smaller receivers. Trayvon Diggs is a guy that could take care of the bigger receiver London Drake Lundon.
Speaker 2: That's tailor made for that.
Speaker 4: But you give him one of those smaller the five eight burners, you know what I'm saying, that's when he's out of his will. And that's where d run Bland has flourished because he has been a nickel guy. He knows how to play in inside, in the trenches, so to speak, to be able to cover that space. So I think it's gonna it's gonna make for it, you know, for for us to see if this defense can improve on the back half. But it's gonna start up front. It's got it's gonna start a front. It's gotta start like literally in between the hashes, because we've been giving up the middle of the field. If you look at a chart of where this defense is giving away the biggest amount of yards, it's.
Speaker 5: Is this a game where you play zone against a kurt you know, zone or man in this situation, because if you give them time in there, Kurt, he gonna dice.
Speaker 3: Yep, he gonna dice yet.
Speaker 5: So is this a game where you you man up send some cats after Kirk to speed him up, or is this kind of is his zone game?
Speaker 4: I'm I'm gonna say, man, simply because I'm not afraid of what he does with his legs.
Speaker 3: If I meant if I miss.
Speaker 4: I'm not opening up a big gaping hole for him to get fifteen twenty yards through. All right, I think I can. I can change up the I can switch up coverage. I think Kurt's been in the league. I'm not gonna fool him. He's gonna know exactly what it is. But I still play with his eyes and make him think that I'm in something that I'm not in.
Speaker 3: Bring pressure from other places.
Speaker 4: That's where I think Zim has gotten stuck in his ways.
Speaker 3: Literally like he's gotten stuck in his ways.
Speaker 4: And as you talk about Zim not having his tools, you know, it sucks that his defense probably in three to four years, is going to be the defense that everybody goes to, because you know, it takes time for the defenses to catch up with the offenses. And to me, he's stuck in the time right now. That's not benefiting him, and that's why he's getting gashed. He's got to be looking at It's like turn that out, turn out, get rid of that, get rid of this.
Speaker 2: My face.
Speaker 4: I can't. I can't because I can't run that. That's getting me beat brother, brother, Let's take a break.
Speaker 2: Come on, let's just take a break. Damn boil. It's truth.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of truth of truth.
Speaker 2: Truth to Barry Church hack Maherrison, I new he scrugs players lounge troughte you about rister crut gaming right here on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 3: Hey Danny McCrae, here for Smoothie King.
Speaker 10: You know, every great workout deserves a great reward, so treat yourself right with new coconuts smoothie bowls made with real fruit, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola, creamy coconut and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey drizzle with two new flavors. It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after you leave the track. Scoop up new coconut smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yetti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today. Yetti Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season, the distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today, at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss Hugo Boss dot com and Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 8: Raising Caines presents the other rules of football.
Speaker 2: Rule one.
Speaker 8: Any broadcast without the express edition of cook to order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cutfries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation.
Speaker 2: And Rule thirty one.
Speaker 8: Anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Caines when it comes to winning game day. Caines rules Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers one love go Cowboys.
Speaker 3: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 4: Head to AT and T Stadium to experience Rally Days presented by seat Geek on Saturday, November ninth from ten am to two pm. Get ready to cheer on your Dallas Cowboys with tours of AT and T Stadium, autographs from the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, ticket giveaways, games, and more. Visit att stadium dot com Slash Rally Days to get your tickets today.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Heck Maharrison Barry Church is here in the Players Club for the Cowboys safety. I'm new he scrugs. By the way, if you're out here at the Star on Frisco and you ever get an opportunity to go up to the Cowboy Club, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, food's good.
Speaker 2: My first trip up.
Speaker 3: Bean Burger, bean Burger, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That one.
Speaker 3: We'll let you have that. Man like y'all always trying to diss on me.
Speaker 4: Come on, y'all, we I'm gonna let y'all play me like this, bro, I mean, come on with this man.
Speaker 2: Bean Burger is good. All right.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to help you, brother, know it? Yes, you do you need? This is gonna help you bean the bean burke. Then it's gonna help you man live like look, we want you around.
Speaker 2: Brother, knew it. I didn't know it was on the menu, sir, I had. I had scallops yesterday.
Speaker 4: So good up there though, TVs nice little the shaking to a tea soup.
Speaker 2: A lot of chicken in there, like they chalked up a whole. That mean it had to be three quarters chicken, that's right, put them on in there.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, it felt.
Speaker 2: Good about it. Chicken all the way over here today. So then it was the French fries. Bro They put some kind of seasoning on there like, oh.
Speaker 3: The trustle that was they got it, they got they got it.
Speaker 2: Was me and me and h see from Tony Fay. Hey, people eating French fry and you like, I'm about to finish these.
Speaker 5: Before you were killed.
Speaker 2: If they had to go, bring another thing fries for the other side to take, because would kill no.
Speaker 3: French fries good food of different shows.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, so I should have known you already.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: You know my first time over there, man.
Speaker 4: So woe man first timers rock Sam Modena has our emmy sitting up there. Man, you should check it out, just saying.
Speaker 3: Donate one over there. Yeah, got about what sixteen of them things?
Speaker 2: I know that smell. No sir, no sir, no sir, not at all. So Cowboy locker room is open right now. Media match coming away three o'clock here, so we'll hear exactly who had what to say? I think today is Mike is time to talk. So coming this week?
Speaker 4: Uh, this, this would be this would be the week.
Speaker 5: This is the week you want to rack up some numbers against the quarterback that's a statue in the pocket.
Speaker 3: This would be the week.
Speaker 5: Man, Yeah, because you ain't gonna seem anymore from that, you know hurts you got my guy from Houston. Yeah, this is one of the ones you gotta get after it officsive line ain't great.
Speaker 4: This could be the woman and here you are in the must win situation. Yeah, the must win situation NFC. You have to start playing. You've only had the Giants that your NFC Eastpointment opponent, But these NFC games that you're dropping at the end of the year, that's where I'm hating to see this.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question right here.
Speaker 5: If we talked about getting people at the trade deadline and all that stuff, you take an l in this game. First of all, w that's next week, six days, it's in six days. Yeah, I don't know, because I don't know. Do you do you let some people, you let some players go to go not one piece of way, That's what I'm saying. So you don't you don't want to go get a person, But do you start thinking about the future, do you start having some guys.
Speaker 3: Go to get picks?
Speaker 2: In conversation, it all depends on what what kind of cap hits are you're going to have to take in order to lose someone on That's That's the interesting thing is it's you know, it's not like baseball. Hey man, we're gonna send somebody on the ways you got to start. What if we trade? Like for instance, okay, on that video, a bunch of people were like, oh you need trade? Did get rid of Diggs? I'm like, do you know what the salary cap? Implication is? To trade Diggs? What is it? And then who's taking his place? That's certain thing. So if you're trying to send off some of your good players, who's left? Yeah, I mean you think about it. You know what's the salary cap? Who's taking their spot?
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: And it's not like you're gonna send you know, trade Ezekiel Elliott. You know it liked him. You know there's no real market for him. You know. By the way, Rinco Doda was inactive said he was sick. Did you see the video? I'm signing autographs. You ain't doing that.
Speaker 3: You ain't signing no grass man, is that?
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen that?
Speaker 3: I've never seen that.
Speaker 5: Okay, I've also never seen the man get dreads in like six weeks.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 4: I had, No, don't don't don't let the secret out because I'm telling when I.
Speaker 2: Come in here with mine, I don't want you. I want y'all to be the same way. But I like to see that with my wave brush.
Speaker 4: I don't want y'all to say nothing. Wait a second, Like three reasons ago, you had the little you know what I'm saying, stop, and I think that was terrible.
Speaker 2: That verracle gro.
Speaker 4: We need to we need to holler, need to talk there you got plugged me in.
Speaker 5: You have to have something to begin with it, or like, can I start like this?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? House?
Speaker 3: And it was dreading up, dreading up.
Speaker 2: Quick detail that very that's crazy.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you ain't signing no autographs on.
Speaker 2: The record show that I did not participate.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was interesting. I mean I thought it was interesting.
Speaker 5: Man, I'm like, wait a second, but you know I noticed it was it was fresh nose.
Speaker 2: And that spot its healthy. Sick man's running out there signing off.
Speaker 3: He was signing them up. You know, Rapunzel.
Speaker 2: Woke up.
Speaker 3: This is definitely not the hair show.
Speaker 4: Oh man, no.
Speaker 2: Getting back on track. I'm killing with this.
Speaker 4: Oh God, if I ever wake up like that, I'm longing FaceTime of you live very Look.
Speaker 2: It worked it. You ain't gonna believe this all to the top, and I'm telling you. You sit there. He's like, wait a minute, I just sawry. It just slid you. That was quick, man.
Speaker 3: But you know, come on, man's happened. Man, things happened.
Speaker 5: Man, But I'm not signing those no grad I'd have been saalty. But I mean, if he was what they say, I guess it couldn't go. Man, it happens. It happens in the league.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 4: As much people are saying, it's not a conspiracy theory. He was sick before the game. You know, he was soldiering through the autograph signing. So come on, guys, there's no no conspiracy, nothing happening. He good, he could come on, it's fake news. It's fake news, guys, Come on, he good. So I mean, it's still the running game didn't improve with with what we saw. And we're still at the point right now where we're asking like, who who's gonna be the guy who's gonna take the mantle in this running And you were saying give I would say, give him a shot, give him a shot, and they gave him a shot.
Speaker 3: Pittsburgh ran well, and then do you mix it up now.
Speaker 4: All right, So you've seen you've seen Cook and you've seen Elliott together. Do you come back to you sorry, I'm gonna go down on and Cook next week.
Speaker 5: Do you switch it? I think you gotta mix it up. Now that we've seen each and every one of these guys, you got it, but you gotta also put them in the right position. Like you got a guy induce, you know, throw him out there. Let him get some routes against these linebackers. I mean you got nothing. You got Zeke and Cook running routs out of the backfield, like you got a jitterbug type running back in you know, Deuce out there.
Speaker 3: Let him get some screens.
Speaker 2: Let them get in an open field.
Speaker 3: I just just Downhill.
Speaker 5: Runs the same old, same old, you know, defensive see those and they're just gonna be all right.
Speaker 3: Tie it to y'all. They're not They're they're not lined up here we.
Speaker 2: Go, like, you gotta switch it up. Let Turpin be a part of the running game.
Speaker 5: That's what we saw that last year. We saw sprinkles of that in the Cleveland game. You know what I've been to ceed Lamb and these reverses. You just gotta sprinkle it up a little bit, the same old same as it's just not getting it done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we hadn't seen a jet sweep in a minute. He hadn't seen We hadn't seen that. I mean it's like and the tight end screens are not.
Speaker 3: They not cooking, like they're not cooking.
Speaker 4: The seams like said, man, those are those are the part of the playbooks that you that you question and you ask yourself like, I know, teams script out some fifteen twenty plays whatever it is. But once you get off of the script, what do you do?
Speaker 3: What do you bring in?
Speaker 2: When do you bring in this kind man?
Speaker 4: Come on, man, come on, man, we're gon We're gonna share the cream with you too. We're gonna give you the cream. You're gonna be nineteen seventy two, fresh and year baby, stay south fro Newie got a gumpty Yeah, cane that thing.
Speaker 2: To the side. He ready. Oh man, innocent man, in this second, you're not You're a part of You're a part of it. You're definitely a part of it. Come on now, man, you know you know, so we can walk down here. I have seen enough confrontation from players about things. I'm trying to listen.
Speaker 4: I don't here's the thing. I don't think he would be upset about that. That is, he did that knowing that everybody would have the same question. But we just saw you son.
Speaker 2: A year off, three weeks.
Speaker 3: We just saw you, you know, what.
Speaker 2: To be like in school, checked out in May, and then when we come back in August, then that's acceptable thing.
Speaker 5: Go away for a minute. Don't go off for bye week like it was like the Little Little Player.
Speaker 2: Week. I mean it's bye week, coming away week, man, like Christmas break or something.
Speaker 3: Man. He was, he was dreaded up. He was share share, I'm mad.
Speaker 2: Well, boy, I didn't see it.
Speaker 3: I don't want to go all the way to Turkey. You got the cure he got, you know.
Speaker 6: What it is.
Speaker 2: This segment brought to you by Heckman, Barry and Aristocrat. I'll talk to you all at three o'clock on the media match. We'll do the players laut tomorrow right here, Dallas Boys dot Com Radio, Goodbye.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.