Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season two ninety one, Episode two.
Speaker 2: Of Daly's Eye Guys Day production of Buyheart Radio.
Speaker 1: This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America share consciousness. And It's Wednesday, June fourteenth, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, June fourteenth. National New Mexico Day, National Barbon Day, National Pop Goes the Weasel Day, What the go to wel Classic Track World, Blood Donor Day, National Cucumber Day, Shout Out Cukes, International Bad Day, Whack Day, whatever, National Strawberry Shortcake Day.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, get your cucumbers and your strawberries shortcake and have it. Weasel Yeah, and pop and pop that weezl that wheel spoilers. That song is a little scary at the end. There's a jump scare at the end of that song. Aberry the book, he Chase the wee or.
Speaker 2: The monkey something something that.
Speaker 1: Pop goes the that pop really comes for you sometimes. Wait, the original version was about an eagle doing battle over rice. Yeah, of course it was what it said, half a pound of toppenny rice, half a pound of treacle.
Speaker 2: What's who is that ship? Sounds like the way the money goes pop goes the weasel. That is stupid y, that is so bleak. Yeah, I think I think that's like half a pound of food and then it's just just turns into a half a pound of ship. Wait, ship, that's the way the money goes. Wow, and you just money, didn't I didn't know physic No, it's an uncrystallized syrup made during the refining of sugar. Hey, well, what the fuck do I know? Wait? Why did you think? Wait? Where did you get shipped from? I don't know.
Speaker 1: It sounds like a ship word. Yea, there it is. I was like, oh, ship jack is Yeah.
Speaker 2: Can I get your treacle sample?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Am I the only doctor here?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Doing a treacle analysis? Got it all right?
Speaker 1: Well, my name is Jack O'Brien aka Coma Coma, Come up, come up, come of grape ale e. And it's grim as come sticky, grape fun.
Speaker 2: Come up, come up, come come of.
Speaker 1: Grape aley a jig slurry new meg flurry.
Speaker 2: That is courtesy a Hugo.
Speaker 5: Boss.
Speaker 1: You keep you keep writing them, I'll keep singing them songs about the fact that the birthday milkshake at McDonald's is definitely grimmoth.
Speaker 2: Come someone put me on there's a there's like a grape milkshake that is like a float with grape soda. Oh, I'd be on board for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Someone pointed that out and they're like, look, idiots, this is actually kind of good education.
Speaker 1: Oh that sounds great, And I was like, this one is grimace come flavor. So I don't know why they're getting mad at us. I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles ground Gay.
Speaker 2: I wish you'd let me use that squad rack my.
Speaker 6: Friend now feature eyes upon my thighs, the plump shape they're in, and if you do not need to do some reps again, I would spot you may Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, look, we're talking plumpers all day over here. That's a Raizac on Discord again. I get it. We're getting thighs Rais. Yeah. Rais also shout out the lead singer.
Speaker 1: The just written from the point of view of a cool gym bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it. It's interesting because you're saying like, hey man, you want to let me use that, and then you're like, look at my fucking thoughts.
Speaker 1: I'll spot you beginning of a beautiful friendship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, what's your name, Jack? What about you, Miles?
Speaker 1: And that's how we met impressed by one another's thighs. Haven't been to the gym since, though, stars in our eyes and plump on our thighs. All right, well, Miles, little house keeping up top. First time in the history of the show, we're doing a new public cation schedule for the summer. One episode on Monday, one episode on Friday. We're scaling back to a mere eight episodes a week and putting a little extra onto, a little extra stank onto our Tuesday episode. We're interviewing experts. We're interviewing some of you guys doing some longsh long plays. These are the LPs you didn't realize all long you were listening to the ep o yeah, of TDZ and these are the els demo tapes. So with that in mind, we're putting where We're looking for you to tell us something interesting about your job. You know what our jobs are. Our guests are people in the media. What's something interesting about your job. What's the craziest thing that ever happened to you? Something people misunderstand about your job. We've learned facts about being a automobile repo man, a wedding of Fisionado, a animal autopsy preterinary pathologist, that's it, and a Domino's delivery driver. Thus far, keep them coming. We've been really enjoying hearing.
Speaker 2: From you guys. Hit us on the Discord, hit us at Daily Zeitgeist, don't here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Miles, We're thrilled to be joined in our third seat, yes by a very talented TV writer, podcaster, comedian, essayist. Do you know her from podcasts like Private Parts? Unknown for essays and writings have been published in a little places like The Washington Post, Stay, La Times, Ever heard of It? Bustle, Hello, Giggle. She's written for TV shows like Netflix, is No It All, Amazon's Emmy winning animated series Danger and Eggs.
Speaker 2: Please welcome the hilarious, the talented Courtney Cosa Copa. What's up, Courtney.
Speaker 5: Great to be here, guys, Thanks for that amazing intro.
Speaker 2: Great to have you starting to work in Yeah something make it easy to intro you with verve. What's new? Yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 5: What's new? I'm addicted to making podcasts. I have like three podcasts right now.
Speaker 2: There you go. So that's busy. Yeah? Nice? What else we got? Private parts unknown. What else we're working.
Speaker 5: On The Bleeders, about book writing and publishing, and then a very meta podcast about podcasting called podcast Bestie.
Speaker 2: Wait, how's it met at? Wait? What's what's meta about it?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean I'm like teaching people how to produce and podcast.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's fun. It's a really it's turning into a lovely little community.
Speaker 2: That's the fun thing about podcasting that I never expected from like every other medium I've worked in, was just how quickly people like are just become like like minded or just create a community.
Speaker 5: And you're like, oh my, look at you' all totally and I'm so flattered just to know the people that are listening. They're all so delightful.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they're so great. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Asking our listeners to like tell us their jobs has been pretty mind blowing because they're just like crazy impressive, like wild shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got hit up by a teacher from the UK. Wow, Like I want to talk about their I'm like, what we got?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 5: Is it different?
Speaker 1: Are they debunking the myths from the pink flets on the wall?
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean it's it's such a yeah, it's always it's always a nice you know, pleasant part of doing this kind of stuff. Like That's why I think it's important for people to just create whatever they want to because there's people will always be picking up what you're putting down on some find your people. All right, Courtney, we're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, a few of the things we're talking about in today's episode. By the time you hear this, Trump will have been arraigned. In the lead up to the arraignment, he could not find a single lawyer or to add to his team. He was looking for a Florida lawyer who had some expertise in this national security stuff and got a lot of no thank you from them.
Speaker 1: So we'll talk about that. We'll talk about people keep saying the Republicans might have to the Republican Party might have to step in, or they might have to do something about this, and I don't know what that looks like, even like potentially what they think that looks like. So I just want to kind of talk through that. Finally, gen Z is killing an industry, So we want to congratulate them. They got their their first body. They caught their first body, and as elder millennials, you know, Congress, CONGRATU welcome to say welcome uh. And we might even get into some Garth Brooks probably one of the most popular artists that I think about the but other other than his Facebook live video where he announced, well, it's official, We're on Facebook, which is one of my favorite works of media of the past like three decades.
Speaker 2: And I saw everything everywhere an I did. This is true.
Speaker 1: This is just one of the most surreal performances of humanity that I've ever witnessed. But so his politics are interesting because he's in the country music world, and so you get a lot of shit for just being like three clicks to the left of fascism, and so there's just been a lot of culture wars around him doing very down the middle stuff like serving bud light at his new bar. So we're just gonna talk about the politics of Garth Brooks slash Chris Gaines because he's been hitting the Chris Gaines might come out of hiding with the swoop hair and everything.
Speaker 2: Swoop hair. Oh man, that was a sick look. Oh man.
Speaker 1: That was the SNL where you know it was hosted by Garth Brooks and the musical guest was Chris Gaines. That has one of my top ten sketches of all time in terms of the space that it takes up.
Speaker 2: The Devil, The Devil one, Yeah, the Devil. That's from an.
Speaker 1: Episode where he does the monologue as Garth Brooks and teases musical guest Chris Gaines will be with us later on.
Speaker 2: So yeah, sold his soul for days. I hate mine days. Oh fun of a bitch. The guitar was out of tune. Yeah, one of the best, one of the best.
Speaker 1: Before we get to any of that ship, Courtney, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history.
Speaker 5: I watched Shiny Happy People, so I looked up, is Jill Duggar estranged from her family and looks like the answers?
Speaker 2: Yes, which was okay. So this is documentary about the Duggers who had what a TLC show? Is that where their show was originally at.
Speaker 5: Like seventeen and counting eighteen, and you know, it's like they kept having more kids, so the number kept going up. And I didn't think I was gonna you know, I wasn't like a fan. I didn't watch a show all the time, right, I was just desperate for something to watch because I feel like the offerings lately have gotten slim pickens. Yeah, but yeah, the documentary is crazy. And Jill is one of the older girls that suffered abuse at her brother's hands, and I think, but it was so nice to see her like gain her voice through this documentary.
Speaker 2: Oh gotcha. So how many so of these kids? How many are estranged? Like from the family? Is she like the only one who's like this is bad? Y'all? Like I'm I'm off this.
Speaker 5: I think the older girls. I think at least two or three of the older girls, right, yeah, So.
Speaker 1: The abuser was the one of the.
Speaker 2: Older sons, the oldest son, Yeah, the oldest son. And then did the parents like stick by him or what happened?
Speaker 5: Yeah? They just keep trying to cover up his stuff and to protect the industry of their family.
Speaker 2: Too, right, yeah, right, And the girls had.
Speaker 5: To go on, Yeah, they had to go on and talk to Megan Kelly about the abuse like it was no big deal. It's I highly recommend watching it. It's great.
Speaker 2: What is it on?
Speaker 5: Uh? Amazon Prime?
Speaker 2: Got it? Got it? Got it Amazon. I've heard of them. I think I think they do good work.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Yeah, they hire a lot of people, a lot their job creator creators. All those people should be thankful that they have jobs. Those jobs wouldn't be there otherwise they'd be starving if it weren't for Jeff Bezos's singular genius. What is something, Courtney that you think is overrated?
Speaker 5: Well, I just opened a student loan bill this morning, so I was reminded about college and how I still owe eight thousand dollars and how I'm probably going to go into my forties and still owe money. So I feel different. I feel scammed.
Speaker 2: What to you was like at the time, right when you were on the precipice of taking on this debt? What was in your mind? Did you have any foresight or was just kind of like, I don't know, everyone's fucking doing it.
Speaker 5: So no, I didn't want to go because I was going to be an actor too, and I wasn't I was wildly delusional, but I wasn't so delusional that I thought like, oh, the best way to do this is by going to college, you know. But my parents were like, you know, this is so important, and the thing is I love taking classes, like I still take writing classes to this day. But I feel like colleges are just for real real estate holdings. Yes, it's so indirect, like how the teachers get paid in everything, So anyway, scam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you studied theater or acting? Is that what you want to Yeah? Yeah, I mean, yeah, I know. My thing was like, I'll study history because my backup will be to be a teacher. So at least, if, like with all else fails, at least I have like a degree in something I can be like and I want to teach that, so fuck it, like let's go with it. But yeah, I totally get that. Part of me was like, what am I going to do with this ship if I'm going to be a sick ass podcaster? Yeah, I didn't have that for it.
Speaker 1: I knew I was going to be a podcaster. I majored in podcasting and everyone was very confused because it didn't exist yet.
Speaker 5: Yeah we all knew, yeah, exactly what.
Speaker 2: It's called podcasting. Dad. Colleges are like venture capital firms essentially with yes, yeah, with classes the teacher that also have classes there, which I think venture capital firms should just start offering classes and put college thank you exactly. Yeah, cannibalize them, like we'll teach you how to just fucking you know, pillage economically, financially, go ahead.
Speaker 1: That's one of those industries that millennials were supposed to have killed as colleges, right, wasn't that like a college? Don't care about colleges anymore? I thought we killed everything. Yeah, but they is.
Speaker 2: I don't know. They still seem to be thriving.
Speaker 5: A lot of millennials went though, But I do think in our wake we hopefully put a dent in some of these.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, maybe the gen Z kids who saw their older millennial relatives are like, what the fuck is wrong with Courtin me? No way, I'd take it for like, did you have fun at le Did you have fun at least in college?
Speaker 5: I tried to get out of there as soon as possible, so I graduated. I'd taken some p SEO, some college classes in high school, and then I also went to a fast so I graduated like two years and made mistakes in other places.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, of course, of course he took SEO and then said PSCU.
Speaker 2: That was my account. It sounded better.
Speaker 1: It sounded like it was going to sound more like it in my head, And it didn't quite work.
Speaker 2: Out what is something that you think is underrated?
Speaker 5: So I think this ties into today's episode, but knowing exactly what's in the latest Trump indictment, and you can listen to it like an audiobook, which I did. Ali Velshi read it on the MSNBC podcast Prosecuting Donald Trump or I think that's the name of it. But it was definitely worth the hour and twelve minute listen. And I think if you're going to be in conversations with people and not know exactly what's in it, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, inform yourself. I feel personally attacked right now, But hold on, just looked at in twelve minutes, let's let's let's take a quick break for an hour. Just the picture of the bathroom with the chandelier and the extremely low toilet, and I feel like I got it.
Speaker 5: That's all you need to see pictures.
Speaker 2: I think. Yeah, the one thing you hear a lot is mostly conservatives just conflating. It was like, well Hillary did that, and Joe Byron too, And you're like, that's not even close to the same thing. Do you even know what they did? Are you just saying that because that's what they said on Fox? But again, I think it's like the same thing where people will just watch MSNBC and be like regurgitate like a half a sentence they remember from Rachel Maddow and then you're like, are you sure what you're saying too? No, but Trump bad, and you're like, oh, you read the indictment, but you didn't read Clinton cash Okay, Wow? Interesting?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what what's something that jump that you feel like you wouldn't have otherwise known?
Speaker 5: Well, I didn't know. I mean the what's the code defendant's name, Walton Nada. Yeah, his whole involvement and just how illegal. Trump knew everything that he was doing was totally illegal and was just like playing cat and mouse with these documents, and it's like, that's some of the charges are just that, and it's obvious that he knew, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's direct quotes from him being like, well, what if we broke this law.
Speaker 2: Let's let's try breaking down.
Speaker 5: I'm showing you this. It's totally secret.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't look, but look at it. It's secret.
Speaker 5: And the aids are like, oh wow, this is a problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Favorite line when that aid is like so, and then I think he responds He's like, well, I guess there's that then, like Trump says something in response to the aid being like this is a problem, and he's like, well, I guess we've got to figure that out then, and it's just kind of like.
Speaker 1: It reads like some fucking modern family. Yeah, that's my favorite Trump. It's the same gear of after he delivered the COVID address anyway okay, yeah, okay, was.
Speaker 4: Being recorded and he's just like, it's not like he thought this was totally being done in secret. They're like, we're recording this. Do you know that this is being recorded? He's like yeah, and then he's like, oh, we're breaking the law.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh yeah. That seems to be.
Speaker 1: Anybody who reads it or you know, listens to the whole the entire indictment, their takeaway seems to be like, oh, he's well, like he's.
Speaker 2: Actually fucked this time. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I just don't want to lose sight of I just don't I don't want to lose my cynicism and my belief that he'll still find a way.
Speaker 2: Oh he will, he will get out of this. I think I'm just going to live in that because I would rather have the shock of my fucking life than even be like, I don't know, y'all, let's rub our mits together. I'm like, they always figure it out. They're going to figure it out, whether it's this judge or whatever, and then we'll just kick the can and then they'll be like, I don't know, we tried, folks, I don't know, vote Trump for president whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just it's so dangerous this time. It's like if you've seen an episode of The Americans, like there were for sure spies in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they kept catching spot do you remember, Like we kept talking about these stories where they'd be like, like a Chinese national who has ties to like their intelligence apparatus. Yeah, was caught like trying to enter mar A Lago. And at the time we were like like, do they just think they're going to like overhear him like saying stuff, and it's like, oh no, he was just look at the bathroom. They just had to ask to use the restroom.
Speaker 2: But but don't look at any of the boxes. Promise me that if you're going poop poo in there, don't look in the boxes. I mean there's even like that woman who like pretended to be like a rothschild and like hung out with him, and you're like, well, y'all, are you serious. It's the most low energy scammers pulling up in there. Imagine like a trained person with like, you know, functional knowledge of spycraft, and you're like you're in there and being like, oh, yeah, I'm here to repair the blah blah blah or whatever. You get a fake ass mar al Lago uniform. But it's funny to hear how many Republicans are like that place has secret service. There's no way that someone could just waltz up in there, and all you have are stories of people just waltzing up in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Secret Service looking just completely like like, I feel like Trump was the first president who didn't age like a president, but anybody who worked around him or was like trying to protect him from himself aged like a president. I think they were just aged like it was the final scene of Raiders.
Speaker 2: Of the Lost Ark.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, all right, well we're gonna keep talking about this. Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: And we're back. We're back. So yeah, as we.
Speaker 1: Were mentioning before the break, does seem like the fallout from this one and the specifics of the indictment seemed to be like he is on wax, being like, we're breaking the law. You know, the fact that his co defendant is one of his lawyers, I think is not helping his ability to hire new lawyers in this case, because as he was preparing to be arraigned on Tuesday, he spent you know, the twenty four hours before scrambling to find more lawyers and came up empty. So he's going to be represented by his two existing lawyers. After quote, several attorneys declined to take him as a client. He was trying to get a local Florida lawyer as well as someone with national security expertise that could help help him navigate the Espionage Act charges, and everyone was like no, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, he's the worst fucking client to have. One of his other lawyers who resigned just was basically like, it's not good to defend someone when there are other influences at play. Was there a very cryptic explanation and you're like, okay, like, yeah, I don't even know what the fuck that means. I can only imagine I'll assume the worst about that, But yeah, you add to that, just how fucking severe the case is, and people are like, oh, yeah, yeah, I mean, like, I guess if you want me to like, I'd rather not take the el soo publicly defending you on this.
Speaker 1: Lawyers who have turned him down and like have said anonymously, but they're like, first of all, he's a notoriously difficult client. Being any in any way associated with him could cause reputational damage. And also the strength of the indictment is unfuck withable. It's he clearly is like openly, clearly flagrant breaking law, the laws that he's being accused of breaking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and again on tape. It's not even it's not even like refutable some stuff. It's like, uh, here's exhibit A. This is when he's like it's secret, nope, peeking. But also look at it. I'm the present or I was. Look, I could have declassified it, but I can't now because I'm no longer the president. This is therefore classified information you were looking at. Yeah, yeah, it's it's it's way too much.
Speaker 1: So when you hear people say he's really like legally he's fucked on this one or anybody else. Yeah, I think the follow up is often like the Republican Party might have to step in because otherwise they're going to have a you know, nominee for president who is running from prison or like might soon be facing prison time. And I just still have not heard a single concrete explanation for like what they think that means to like save him too. I think I mean step in and like get him out of the presidential race.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, Yeah, I think that when people say that, they're missing a really crucial part of their analysis of what even the Republicans are. Yeah, because basically they've the ship has set sail with what they can do or not do, because the second they let Trump take over the base and not push back on his steady radicalization of the base, like and everyone's like, this thing's gonna get away from y'all. Better be careful, it's gonna get away from y'all. It's gotten away from them now. And so basically everyone's kissed the ring in the Republican Party. So they're all they're basically signed up for all the bullshit that comes along with it. That's why you only have like tepid sort of like distancing from Senate Republicans or like it looks bad but like he needs to go to prison. This is fucked up, like it's short of that. Like, the most they can do is be like, objectively, this looks like a bad legal case and it ends there. And so because of that, Trump has now completely he's he's taken over the party, and so he is the party. So there's no way the idea that they could do something like you'd have to presume that Trump was operating on the outside and that already that the party is not already in service to every of like all of his desires. So I don't I think from if you look at it like that, there is nothing they can do because they've just become part of him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what if the mass said like this is illegal, but he should be in prison, that.
Speaker 2: Would be wild.
Speaker 1: That'd be wild, and it probably I mean, but it might his feelings enough for him to like run as an independent candidate. But I don't know that it would like that they can do anything, like you can't prevent him from running as a Republican.
Speaker 2: I don't think, yeah, well I would they. I think, what, like, right, let's let's presume all the Senate Republicans are like they were, like, you know what, this is a bridge too far. He broke the laws. He has to go, he has to answer for his crimes. This is indefensible, and we like, as far as we're concerned, we want nothing to do with Donald Trumps as a politician or anything. But what happened is the base would just go, these people are fucking rhinos and fuck them and then that's it. That's where it ends, you know, like there's no there's no second layer of an or like they're not gonna think past that because again, Trump just embodies like white grievance politics in its most potent form, and there's nothing you can do to like change that, because unless you like address the ideological shortcomings of their like white grievance politics, they're just gonna go further down this hole. Because everything's in service of we're losing our spot, our influence, we're having to seed, like we're having to acknowledge other people's existence and be more inclusive. They don't want to do with any of that, so they're just gonna go further and further and just go like, I don't know this guy, fine, I don't care if he kills people, because at the end of the day, we're like here for this very intellectually, you know, sad like argument. It's hard to see how they change unless they have a real shift. And that's just I think that's that didn't happen.
Speaker 1: I mean, they didn't want him to be the nominee in twenty sixteen, and they weren't able to stop him then, and now he has so much more of a hold over the Republican Party, Like I guess their reasons for wanting to stop him are stronger now, or at least, like you could make the case in a mainstream media news article that he is like not a candidate who should be eligible for office, but that is not going to resonate at all, Like it presumes that the Republican Party has the same control as the Democratic Party, Like the Democrats were able to step in and be like, well it can't be Bernie Sanders, right, Like, no one's going to vote for him in the general.
Speaker 2: So it's like, well, what about all these millions of people that support him. We'll figure that out. We'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: Like, but the Democratic Party, like the Democratic base like inherently actually listens to the mainstream media, like and so you know, he won a single primary, Sanders want a single primary, and then the mainstream media went into full panic like electability ship, and then you know, it was basically over because that's that is a voice that the main that the Democratic voting base listens to, whereas Trump voters don't take like they don't listen to the mainstream media at all, and in fact, like if the mainstream media tells them something, they will you know, be less likely to believe it, which just it makes me think like in a much stranger we have like a much stranger next year in front of us than people are acknowledging because he is. I don't think his power is going anywhere. There's this idea that to say is going to come in and like save the Republican Party from Trump and like or that these indictments or you know, eventual convictions are going to come in and save the country from Trump, and I just don't think any of those things are going to work at all, and might, in fact, like give him more power with his base, which who like you said, it's like a combination of like racism and like martyrdom, like that is a really powerful combination for his base.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, all all fucking dictators do the victimization. Shit, sure, no, they all do because that when you say that to your crowd, then you have basically, in their mind implanted, Now y'all have to defend me because I'm a victim. Y'all fuck with me, right, I'm a victim, So what's up? And they will all say that's you're right, that's fucked up. We need to defend you, and that's all he's bringing out. Listen to the fucking defenses though from some of these Republicans, because they don't even make sense, like this, how far down the road we are with like other things that can be like it was a perfect call whatever we're talking about trainscripts where he knows what he's doing is fucking illegal, right, Like this is Jim Jordan talking to Dana Bash on CNN. He like he didn't even know what to say when she's like, but he's on tape and he's such like fucking melting.
Speaker 3: Clarice says, point blank on tape, as president, I could have declassified it. Now I can't, he says, in his own words, it's on tape as part of this indictment that he did not declassify the material.
Speaker 7: Therefore it is saying he saying he could have. Saying he could have is not the same as saying he didn't. He said, now I can't classify this material. He said that meant now he can't write right because he's not president now.
Speaker 2: But when he was what means he did delassify.
Speaker 3: He said that, which means that what he was holding was classific.
Speaker 7: Not not when he's not, not if he not, if he declassified it when he was president United States for.
Speaker 3: Good, But he's saying in this audio tape that he did not declassify it. It's what you're saying just doesn't make sense on its face exactly.
Speaker 1: And he's even like fucked, come on, Yeah, he has a smile on his face that is.
Speaker 2: Like, what do you want me to do?
Speaker 3: Yah?
Speaker 2: You caught me lying, you caught me lying? Okay, fine? Or then like here's Kevin McCarthy who, when asked, you're like, yo, this is a bad like you're saying, this is a bad look, right, This is what fucking Kevin McCarthy said.
Speaker 3: Was that a good look for the former president to have boxes in a bathroom?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Is it a good picture to have boxes in a garage that opens up all the time.
Speaker 7: A bathroom door.
Speaker 2: Locks, oh yes, oh yeah, because he's I know, he's serious about it. I could roll up to any garage door right now and just open that ship, just pull up and just because they're unlocked. I'm like, is what you know, like the lock for a bathroom is it for the in case the documents want to have privacy while they're taking the ship right what like anyway and you can pick them from the outside. They're like they're made to be like, hey, even if you lock it from the inside errantly, you can still get into the bathroom because there are ways to just disengage the door handle locks. So they're at this thing where it's like they're just saying things are there that aren't or these really half assed answers. And I think the only way that honestly you would see any kind of real reaction is you have to go against like one of the two tenants of the United States. It's white supremacy or capitalism. Right, So unless Trump I don't and again I've always said as a thought experiment, it would be wild to see if Trump could even break that barrier and be like, what we've got to do is take what we got to redistribute all of this wealth and give it to you guys. Yeah, and people be like, yeah, then would we see the reflexes of this country, the natural reflexes of this country kick in where they're like that shit ain't happening every right, And then you see all the fucking networks get lockstep and be like this guy's bad or just like stop talking about it, because, like you say, Jack, like all the time, like there is a instinct within the United States to reject anything that isn't going along with like hyper capitalism. Yeah, and I think that's the only potential third rail I could see.
Speaker 1: But they're definitely allergic to anything that is even suggests socialism. But I mean just to like, I don't think like a lot of people are, like the media was out in full force at his arraignment, and people are like, this is gonna be the next January sixth, and I think like as of now, which I think I think the arrangement, like as we're recording this just happened, people were saying that like the media outnumbered protesters, Like it does seem like there is in New York, right, Yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: They said in Miami oh, I'm not looking at it right now. There's a lot of mockers out there, Oh there is, ok, Oh yeah, yeah, I mean it's Florida. Like it's different. That's the thing is, like New York isn't going to have the same crop of people who are willing to like call in sick to go down to a court house, you know, than Florida is. Like there's, like I said yesterday in like a trending episode, there's the Florida of it all with this case too, that will have ramifications with the jury and whatever shit might take place outside of the courthouse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like for just for a worst case scenario, like we've got Carrie Lake, who lost in Arizona last year in the in the midterms, saying if they want to come for or like indict Trump, have to come through me and seventy five million other Americans and most of us are card carrying members of the NRA, which is like, that's pretty clearly a call to like civil war. She also like was like and to anyone who comes to his arrangement should like protest peacefully. But like, I'm pretty sure the implication of what she's saying is like that we're going to start a second civil war, and so like in the face of that, just the idea that like the Republican Party could do anything like what they're going to like give to Santa's like more TV ads or like give him extra fifteen seconds in the debates.
Speaker 2: It's not a party, though, I think we just have to stop talking about it as a party. Yeah, it's an autocratic organization within the United States, and like all they do is just defer to the head, which is Donald Trump, and the few people that don't they just leave. And that's only like a couple. Yeah, and I think there's also there. Jamel Booy had this op ed in the New York Times who talks about sort of like this paradoxical relationship that Republicans have and other people and organizations that are in distress have where you don't necessarily shed a ton of people because there are some people who think, well, I better stay to keep it from being worse. And that's why you get these like weird, mealy mouthed Senate Republicans or are like, well it looks bad, but then are like Rah rah voting to like not certify the election and shit like and you know it's I don't know. I think it's all having to do with the fact that they've once only sixteen happened. It was just a rap, you know, Everyone's like, do they've opened Pandora's box and this is what's happened? Like, it's not They're not going to be able to move to the fucking whatever cent, whatever the center is anymore. Yeah, without something serious happening. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Maybe, though, I mean, I hate to sound like such a Pollyanna, but the most of the Republicans, I mean of the Republicans, I know, I feel like they're more like business Republicans and have no desire to vote for him.
Speaker 2: You know, sure did they vote for him the first time?
Speaker 5: I don't know exactly.
Speaker 2: That's always my question. It's not always still friends with them because you don't know that part. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know the first part, but I didn't interrogate it too hard.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, yeah, I just so, I don't think that there's going to be these January sixth style like insurrections happening because people got so fucked over and his response was just like grifted on their behalf. So I do feel like there's less energy for that. But I just I think like we're obviously like it's everyone in the mainstream media is like, this is uncharted territory because a former president.
Speaker 2: Is being indicted.
Speaker 1: But like, I just have no idea, like where we like, what does the twenty twenty four election look like? It's gonna be so fucking strange?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it could be. That's why it's And again we know what Trump said, if he wins, he's not going anywhere. Yeah, he said, I'll never leave. And you know, he already tested defenses in his first administration and realized, oh shit, okay, I need more flunkies, Like I'm gonna have to purge half the people who are career employees of the government because those are the people that ended up interrupting the Like, those are the nodes in the system that ended up stopping the fuckery at certain points rather than making it fully smooth sailing. And to know that his whole because again, he's just running to get out of prison, so that's all it is. Like it's like it's like a race to the fucking election. So he'd be like, either I gotta win or maybe the hommy can win and pardon me, but that's it, like has nothing to do with anything else. And and you know, well the country will start me it's already fucked up. But it's like, what, what is like the voting day of the twenty twenty four presidential election going to look like like there's going to be people with guns at every fucking ballot place. Like it's truly just so dystopians. They're going to be at least one hundred and fifty feet outside of them. They're not going to get one hundred and fifty feet where the police will high five them and occasionally let them aim their guns at the other people.
Speaker 1: You too, And then yeah, all right, well very strange times. Let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about gen Z. And we're back, and finally gen Z is getting caught a body, blood on their hands, blood on their hands. They're killing booze sales at concerts.
Speaker 5: Woo.
Speaker 2: I just love that that finally we have our head first or I don't know, at least from my memory, a first, gen Z is killing blank industry. But yeah, they said something like there's an article on Billboard that was saying that like some of these like club operators are seeing like twenty five percent declines in booz sales at shows that are aimed at gen Z audiences. But this is a trend we've talked about for a while, like and it's been documented since the early adds, Like college kids are drinking less and smoking more weed.
Speaker 1: That's just everybody is it really is like everyone is now yeah, Like I don't know why we're blaming gen Z. It's just now we have for me, right, oh yeah, the edibles and we have psilocybin and like what you know that are much easier to get. Like you used to need like to know somebody's older brother who's a drug dealer to get mushrooms now quick. Now they have some dispensaries, so like hey we got mushrooms on the low, just so you know anyway, But yeah, like then it's funny, like there is one analyst in this article. They pointed out quote.
Speaker 2: They're either eating edibles before they come or there's more of a sober like mental health focus. It's like their fucking analysis. And I think what's interesting is that gen Z is definitely more mindful than their older peers. Like we've seen that across the board from like their their own sense of self and like what their values are. But also this was wild. Twenty one percent of gen Z like consumers have bought non alcoholic beer in the last twelve months. Wow. To me, that is really indicative of where they're at, because like when I was in my twenties, I think I bought non alcoholic beer once and it was to prank one of our friends that we nicknamed the Bastard. Just to give you an idea of like what the dynamics we plate there. Oh man, So I think there is something to that. But I think overall, like with all these articles, they always they're missing the point when it's like millennials are killing the diamond industry. It's like, no, we don't have diamond money, right and right now, if you go out, have you tried to buy alcohol at a sports or music venue, that shit is like five xd like pricing, So you know it is what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just charging more because they're selling less essentially.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean I think they also like they don't really make mention of the sacred ritual of young broke kids the pregame, right, and when I didn't have like going out to drink money, I would get fucked up at home and then go out because I know i'd have to buy any alcohol when I was out. Yeah yeah, I'll just bring a like flat bottle of vodka with me, Like yeah, like you fashioned? Why no?
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like I went to like a dive bar once with about it just to like save money.
Speaker 2: Oh my homie, the bastard. He would go to the bar and he would bring he would just fill up. He would do half diet coke, havelf jim bean and just kip and sip on that, and then he would go to his car and just like re up that shit. And then like they were eventually like what the fuck are you doing?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: So he would order diet coke from the bar and no, no, no, no, he brought in a twenty ounce diet coke bottle with him. I was just sipping off that in like flagrant style. That's amazing. But you know, people are doing their own thing. I don't know. I think it's just it's true, like we're just we're finding we're having fun in our own ways. And now these like venues are like what if we sold CBD. Yeah, It's like I don't know, I don't think that's what it is. What if you lowered your prices, But again, everything's costs more. So I don't know that jibes with the business model. I mean the first time, like the first kind of deep stoner thought like I heard about like my it was like ninth grade history teacher was like, why do you think booze is legal and weed isn't. We're like, because.
Speaker 1: Weed is bad for you, you're our teacher. We're trying to and he's like, no, it's because you can grow your own weed.
Speaker 2: It's easy.
Speaker 1: You know, you don't need the government to make it for you. You don't need a corporation to make it for you, so it's harder to tax.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was like, whoa.
Speaker 1: He was also dipping the entire time we were in class. Oh shout out to Kentucky.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like so telling how capitalist The headline is, though, it's not like these gen z kids are making way healthier choices. It's like they're killing this industry.
Speaker 2: Fucking up my money is the translation. All these headlines are, this generational cohort is fucking up our money. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The only mention of mental health in this being a good thing is from the analyst who says there's more of either they're eating edibles before they come, or there's more of a sober mental health and then they had like the journalist had to add the word folks. I guess it's in like the uh parentheticals that so like he presumably said, like there's more of a sober mental health thing or thing something mental health ship, probably sober mental health ship.
Speaker 2: They're either eating I like though it's like it's like the take of like a distressed parents, Like I think they're either eating edibles before they come, or it's like sober mental health stuff, like they don't even know how to actually bring up the topic of mental health without needing the help of the journalism, or it's like sober mental health thing. Focus. Focus is the word you're looking for, sir. Yeah, but yeah, it's it's it's it's sad to see you know, less booze sales and I don't know, younger people just figuring out what's better for them and what they like rather.
Speaker 5: Than yeah, nothing to celebrate here.
Speaker 2: What are the cops going to be? Like? The gen Z's killing the dui industry, But.
Speaker 1: Won't you please think of the one giant corporation that owns every booze company like that, those are the real victims here. That's who we really need to be thinking of. All right, Well, speaking of booze and music, Garth Brooks is in the news. I guess he's like always in the news. It's just like tends to be not news that I'm paying attention to. But this dude's still selling out like fucking football stadiums.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he.
Speaker 1: Really stepped in it because he announced that his new Nashville bar will be serving bud Light, the beer like beverage and target of transphobic outrage, and people are pissed. I this is the sort of story that I feel like I might typically skip past, but I am viewing, like Courtney, we had a pop culture theorist Aisha Harris on the show yesterday, and we're talking about this idea that stand culture and like being really like devoted to Taylor Swift or like whoever your musical favorite musical artist is, or like Star Wars or these things is like the new religion, because like religion has sort of gone away for most.
Speaker 2: Young people, and so I don't I don't know.
Speaker 1: I do think that it's probably worth paying attention to when these massive, like global phenomenon artists make a decision that like infuriates their disciples and it looks like I don't know, Hey, Garth Brooks. First of all, I do want to say I think it's important context for all stories about Garth Brooks. This man has left the planet Earth permanently. There's a video where he announces that he's on Facebook Live for the first time. It's a historical document at this point. It was when like Facebook video was new. But I just want to play real quick. You guys can hear the audio. Just know that he is looking deep into the camera.
Speaker 2: Get yeah.
Speaker 1: Like it's like a combination of like seventies cult leader, like just big glassy eyes, but he's also like trying to fuck you like a cult leader.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So basically it's a cult leader.
Speaker 8: Well, I guess it's official. We're now on Facebook. I really wasn't sure about this at the start, but then a friend of mine said something that just made all kinds of sense. She said, think of it more as a conversation. I like that, but I'm already finding out on my own. So it's wiping the walls out between you and me, and I really like that it allows us into each other's worlds or gets, in my case, hotel room. I think about things I want to post. I want to post cool stuff, slick stuff.
Speaker 2: Neat stuff, slick.
Speaker 8: Yes, stuff I'm gonna post is gonna be raw stuff like this raw because it's just too I am just getting wrong.
Speaker 2: So if this is.
Speaker 8: Truly a conversation, and I say, let the conversation begin.
Speaker 5: Oh, how much did they pay him?
Speaker 2: It's so he's been talking about he's been talking about this decision with like the bud light stuff on Facebook Live. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, I mean this was the beginning of a significant shift in the cultural landscape. But he is very just I don't know, I can't imagine that's what he's actually like in person, but it's very very strange vibes being given in that video.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah.
Speaker 1: So he also revealed recently that he's itching to revive his rock alter ego, Chris Gaines, which I don't know how many people remember this, but in nineteen ninety nine he released an album under the name Chris Gaines. He had floppy bangs and no cowboy hat and just like was really all in on this character. He recently said the Games Project was a lot of time put in because it's not natural you're acting on record. But I want to do it simply for the people who love the Games Project talking about like reviving.
Speaker 2: It, people who like me wearing a wig.
Speaker 5: I think he's bringing it back because he wants to wear hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I look, I love a wig, you know what I mean? And that shit, look, it's looks so dumb. But I get how he would put the wig on him, Like, honey, get in here, look at me. Look at this guy. What do we call him? Yeah, it ain't Garth, it's man. If I had hair, I would be somebody called Chris Gaines or something like that. Okay, honey, Yeah, to wear wigs as a bit, oh yeah, it was a bit. But people who've ran into me in public, like I've somebody, y'all see me at the grocery start, They're like miles and I'm like, turn to like flopping my hair back. I'm excuse me, Hi, you must be zeitgang.
Speaker 1: Yes, men will go to any lengths to not go to therapy and instead wear a wig, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah right.
Speaker 1: Ladies cheaper too, Yeah, but yeah, so this caused, like him, his decision to serve bud Light, not his decision to maybe revive Chris Gaines, caused huge backlash from country fans, and he just doubled down and said, but inclusiveness is always going to be me. I think diversity is to the is the answer to the problems that are here and the answer to the problems that are coming. Like it feels like he's speaking like a spiritual leader, which sure, I mean he so he's always been like a step progressive for his audience. Like he won a glad Media Award for his nineteen ninety three song we Shall Be Free.
Speaker 2: Which radical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the lyrics drop some lines by how we're free to love anyone we choose, and it was inspired by the Rodney King riots. Judging from the music video, it's also about the fall of communism all.
Speaker 5: This shit, come on, get him here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, communist cops whatever, let's all get in. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But like at that time, a lot of his fans were like fuck this, Like the country radio stations were boycotting the song, not all of his songs, but just that song. And apparently this came to a head. I think I vaguely remembered him singing the national anthem at the super Bowl, but he apparently like left the stadium forty five minutes prior to when he was supposed to go go on. He like bounced because and NBC like went and tried to get JOm bon Jovie out of the stands to.
Speaker 2: This guy's NBC wouldn't play the video, yeah.
Speaker 1: Because so he was like, you have to play this music video about like my we Shall Be Free song, and NBC was like, it's too dark, Garth. It's it's dark, Garth. We want light, Garth. We want friends in low places. And he was like, I'm walking, And so he left the fucking football stadium where the super Bowl was being held forty five minutes before and then and they couldn't they couldn't wrangle John bon Jovie quickly enough, and so they eventually just caved and let him show the.
Speaker 2: The were those phone calls like between the people on the ground in the venue and like the executives, like the higher I'm sure they were probably there too, be like Garth, look we're trying. He's like, no play it or I'm gone. Yeah, He's like, but it's and he's like, I'm leaving them, and they're like, fuck word. I saw bon Jovi. I was just doing coke with him in the bathroom. Maybe he can fucking sing it, and he's like, no, man, his voice is fucked from all the coke we were doing in the bathroom. So I guess we got to play this shit.
Speaker 1: His politics just generally are kind of confusing. Like he claims to be a Republican. I don't know if he how recently he's claimed that, but like he he performed at Obama's swearing in ceremony, turned down playing at Trump's inauguration because like Biden's, he played at Biden's too, and then he played at Biden's. Yeah, so he's I think he's like, you just have to claim to be a Republican if you're a successful country artist.
Speaker 2: I think more than that, I think he's just a very savvy capitalist. That's all this is. He knows how to make money, and he's not gonna fucking He's not gonna launch a business and be like and I'm on the wrong side of the culture wars welcome, come on in. Yeah, just raw stuff like this slick stuff like equality.
Speaker 1: There's also that time in twenty twenty where he played a sold out stadium in Detroit. But were a Barry Sanders jersey to the concert, and you know, Barry Sanders was number twenty, so the back of his jersey said Sanders twenty and people were.
Speaker 2: Like, he's a fucking burning bro like flipped out, which seems like I was still like, but he.
Speaker 1: Knew what he was doing, right, Like that was kind of weird. It's not like I think I even went so far as to like research if he always wears like the football jersey of like whoever the greatest player is. But apparently him and Barry Sanders went to college together and he's just a shit Barry Sanders fan. So that's that's where that came from. So it's always like, is he nah, right.
Speaker 2: Right right? I think he's just yeah, again, he knows like this, it's not he's smart enough to know. It's like, you can't I'm not going to be on the side of homophobia and like outwardly do that. Even if I might leave that in private, I know better than to try and make money off of a brand like that. Yeah, and again he might he might believe that himself or whatever, but I think when he makes these decisions, they always keep him like just on the right side of things to keep his brand like popular, like across the board ish. Yeah, he's just having it both ways. He's like a.
Speaker 1: Red blooded CMT friendly Republican and he also like is clearly more supportive of Democrats in recent years, and like he won't come out and say that he supports the trans community, but he will sell bud Light at his bar and promote the idea of diversity in general.
Speaker 2: Because his argument too also was kind of like, it's the most popular beer in the country, and until it isn't, I'm going to serve it. Yeah, So it's also like unless he was also like, hey, assholes, if you're that principled enough and you don't buy it, and it's clear that people don't like it, then maybe I'll reconsider. So it's like he's kind of also knows he's like, look, I also got the sales argument, not just the I stand with like the LGBTQ community, but hey, guarky, his argument about diversity was actually about diversity of beer taps at his restaurant. But he is the best selling solo artist in US history, like across the board, not just in country, in US history that makes sense. It is a little frustrating that, you know, it does. It does feel like there's an opportunity here, but not one that he will be taking. It's like waiting for a corporation to heal the divisions in this country. It's wild, though, too, to see the republican's instinct, through the right wing instinct, to be like, fuck Garth Brooks. Then right, because it's like the other thing is we have new God. Yeah. They the one person's like like a comment or was like, he doesn't seem to understand that woke and honky Tonk don't go together, that's right, And then another one is saying he's making me want to go to Nashville just so I could go ahead and piss on his doorstep. And another go ahead and piss on his doorsteps. Another person who ran off as a Republican. He's like, now I delete every Garth brook Brooks song from my collection. Never again Garth. Yeah. And Matt Gates said, uh, this is really interesting. He said, I'm sure glad we have Garth Brooks to tell us who is and isn't an asshole? Question, though, does it make someone an asshole if they cheat on their spouse, write a song about it with their paramour, and then publish the duet with that very paramour talking about Tricia Yearwood, Like it's like, are you sir, you're under investigation for trafficking miners? Please please fall all the way to the back and shut up. But again they're trying their best. Yeah, I mean I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna hold my breath for Garth Brooks to come in and you know, bring the country together. But I've heard good things about the politics of this Chris Gaines fella, so let's see where he goes with that project.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's wild though, too, Like when you look at it for all the boy quote unquote boycotts, boycott boycotts. Wow. Yeah, Like the sales have been going down actually, but it's still the top beer, right, It's like, sorry, we can't you know, as much as you think you're doing something that everything we're hearing is that you still love us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the top beer owned by the massive conglomerate that owns all other beers that you are now drinking instead of bud Light.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I can't give up this gay beer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, but I think that's also goes back to sort of like what the principles are on the right wing, Like it's never really rooted in something real. That's why they can't fully quit half of these brands that they say are like woke, because that would require them to be principled enough to be like I stand by my convictions that I hate gay people. Yes, and I'm sure there are people like that, but there's clearly not enough or the people that are inspired, you know, to that kind of action, that are like they can commit to something like that, because at the end of the day, y'all are just consuming like any other person. But I get that you like to copy what you think principled people would do. It's not rooted anything any real stuff, raw stuff, slick flick stuff like this. It ain't bringing down the walls. Yeah. Anyways, Courtney, such a pleasure having you on the show. Where can people find you? Follow you? Hear you all that good stuff?
Speaker 5: Check out one of my podcasts I have Private Parts Unknown, the Bleeders podcast Bestie. I'm also trying to get to the top one percent on OnlyFans before I retire, So there you go. Playboy Peak behind the podcast.
Speaker 2: How far are you from getting there?
Speaker 5: I'm in the top five percent?
Speaker 2: Damn wow? What that means?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: How many people? How many people does that mean? I don't I don't know people in terms of account I mean accounts, like how many? How many accounts are in the top five Like is that a like New Mary?
Speaker 5: Sure, it's a ton of people. Someone who's in like the top point one. But and she makes one hundred grand a day a month, Jasmin Jafar, I do not do.
Speaker 2: That, man, Well, amazing. Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying? You know what?
Speaker 5: This guy Stephen, he's not this guy, he's like quite successful. But Stephen d Night big. I guess he made Spartacus. But he had a great Twitter thread about the DGA vote and AI. So anyway, it starts with this thread. The fact that sharing viewership data was the one thing that the AMPTP absolutely refused to negotiate with the DGA on. This is a big reason I voted no to ratify the deal. The streamers, particularly Netflix, are hiding something. Whether it's good or bad remains to be seen. Anyway, He has a big breakdown of these numbers and a hypothesis on which way to go. But I do think the DGA should vote no and we have to have a big labor moment. So check that out. If you are following the writer's strike.
Speaker 1: There you go, Miles, Where can people find you? Is there a workimedia you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Oh? He made this the recent Spartacus.
Speaker 5: I'm like, think like that the Bartacus is in his IMDb. When I looked at because, I was like, who is this? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it looks like you made a whole career out of Spartacus.
Speaker 2: I'm like Kirk, he was working with Kirk Douglas and this man's like, let me tell you about AI real quick. In the streamers me oh on Twitter, Instagram at Miles of Greg. If you want basketball podcast, that's Miles and Jack Gott Matt boosties the season. Just ending congratulations to the Denver Nuggets. You've done it, suspect you put on their name. I mean the Nuggets. I love it. I mean I look, I saw, I heard, I know. Once you served us a heaping plate of L's the Lakers, I was like, this seems the best that I've seen. And also, if you wanna hear me talk trash reality. That's for twentyan with Sophia Alexandra and that's every Thursday, Ish comes out nice. Is there working media? Oh? That Idia Media? Do I have one?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, here's one from Brody goop To at Brody goop To tweeted, I got a perfect SAT score, but I didn't get into any college just because I'm Indian and also I didn't apply and I lied about the sah. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien a tweet.
Speaker 1: I was enjoying. Harrison Wine rep tweeted a guy at McDonald's got his order and.
Speaker 2: Said so fast. Wow.
Speaker 1: I just smiled, looked over and said, welcome to McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Brother.
Speaker 1: I'm just realizing it seems like that I am sponsored by McDonald's in this episode. Okay, I can assure you I am.
Speaker 2: Guys, google Jack's background you'll see he's the state McDonald's fortune. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeigeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram, we have Facebook fan page and website Daily zeikeys dot com where we post our episodes and our footnote where we link off to the information that we talked about. In today's episode as well as a.
Speaker 1: Song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, there's a song that you think people might enjoy.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I think there is a song that you might enjoy. This is a remix of the from the JJ Doome album. That is another like collaborative m F doom uh tape. But this is a remix by one half of the Neptunes, Chad Hugo. This is a track called govnor GUV Apostrophe n O R, but the Chad Hugo remix and it's nice for those of us who remember the Neptunes era. It's just nice to hear that sort of met Neptune's ish esthetic over MF doom and so that we're.
Speaker 1: Playing when Courtney joined the Zoom, I yeah, I was, I was again.
Speaker 2: This is the dope Yeah yeah. Check it out on the footnotes. Todaily is the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to y'all. Bye, good bye,