Speaker 1: Hey, chick, this out managed your boy you on drou check me out on Bootleg cav You dig.
Speaker 2: All right, man, Before we get into this episode, it is brought to you by our good folks at Imperial Extraction, your plug for world class dank without breaking the bank. That's right, y'all, freshly harvested every single week by the best cultivators on the West Coast. We're talking about the flower, the pre rolls. First of all, these pre rolls right here are crazy. They also got the flower. They also got your carts. Whatever you need. What you need to do right now, though, is go to Imperial Extraction dot com and use the promo code Bootleg fifteen. Use that promo code. You get fifteen percent off site wide. Go do that s get into the interview Yong Man Bootleg cap Podcast special guests in here. I've been trying to get Young Draw on the show for a very long time. Man, he's in the building.
Speaker 3: I'm in the building, Young drow Baby.
Speaker 2: Well that's good man, and I'm you know what's crazy is like there's certain people like when you meet him. Well, first of all, I met you last night, but I appreciate you coming poloed out like this. You know, I feel like it's only it's it's on brand. Like if I if you would have put up here like in a pro club or something, I'd have been like, damn, you came up here with that ship on.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how much polo do you own?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: A lot of it? You know what i mean? Over the like. So, I've been doing music since two thousand, Okay, I want to say like two thousand when I got you know, we start getting like rap checks. So and then in high school of course I had like right, but like getting money off it twenty four years yeah, like yeah, putting it on, having it on pieces, going to New York. That's when New York had the Rugby store. I used to go up there and get pieces. And then I started customizing some of it, taking the patches from that, putting it on stuff that I already had, and you know what I'm saying, recycling it, you know what I mean. I used to when I shot for it, though, Like I'm like, I might get a shirt, you know what I'm saying, and it might take two years to match it up, right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So you might just be holding on to a shirt on two years.
Speaker 4: Hold on to it for like two years.
Speaker 1: Then I find, you know, the shoes to match it in pants and all that built socks.
Speaker 2: You know, when I was a kid, I can only get the United States Polo Association from Ross.
Speaker 4: No, Bro, don't ever say that, bro.
Speaker 1: But I was like, look, we call that polo assassin, like it's the killer of all you know what.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, because I thought it was the same thing. No, it's the man. It looks like the same thing.
Speaker 1: The man on the horse actually has a book bag on and some other stuff.
Speaker 2: He's got like a fig he's got like it's like a lot going on in the horse.
Speaker 1: He got a golf club and like I don't know, he got a cane.
Speaker 3: He got too much stuff and the kye popped off.
Speaker 2: And I had a job at Macy's, so I started stealing like real polo out and then I got caught and got fired.
Speaker 3: I'm technically banned from Macy's.
Speaker 2: But I got some nice uh you know them them them at the time the collar churts were popping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know that that horse on that that was a donkey. It wasn't not real horse. It was a donkey man.
Speaker 3: The US Polo you were a real jacket.
Speaker 2: They had a US Polo Association outlet and Arizona Mills And as.
Speaker 3: That ship did it burn down? I think it's still there.
Speaker 2: No, you can see people rock of that ship, like they got that ship off, like dog, that ain't polo. I guess that's an actual like league or something like, it's a real thig, Like I.
Speaker 1: Don't know what that was like when we used to like we tried to wear that ship like in high school.
Speaker 4: Bro, it was like, what's that got a unicorn horse? Yo?
Speaker 3: How much do you think your collection is worth?
Speaker 2: M hmm because some of that, like a lot of that stuff, like the even the Teddy Bears, like you could like.
Speaker 1: Well, like I know, I spent like like a million on over over the twenty year, like over a million dollars over twenty years, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like, which probably isn't that bad if you compare some of these guys spending like a million dollars in a year on like Louis and what they actually get for it, right.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, So like over a meal or something like that. You know what I mean, I don't. I can't. I'm not able to pinpoint it. But I've given away a lot of it, you know what I'm saying, just because one time I just got sick.
Speaker 3: Of it and I was like taking a space.
Speaker 1: Well, I just got sick of the brand because you know, the world started changing. And then I was like I still had it all and I used to just start wearing.
Speaker 4: You know, random shit, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And then I was like, you know what, I stand out pretty good in that, so, you know, and then like I could put I couldnt have it on and people would even recognize, like, you know, they'll be like I wanted to say that was you, but I didn't see that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: What have you been up to?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: I know you just dropped.
Speaker 2: You're on the new single Rico shot the Pip Squad Click. I know PSC album is on the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, album on the way.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: It's been a hell of a ride, just you know, recording with the guys and getting back in there even you got some good ass music man, and me and Tip just actually been working on some stuff that me and him going to try to get an album out, you know, what I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying, like a joint album. Yeah, Tip and Drove.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Man, you know this right here, what we're doing with the guys, just showing us as brotherhood. You know, it's a lot of clicks that started that's not together, right, all of us are still together all these years later, all these years later. So I really want to just showcase the brotherhood and how we ain't letting them break us.
Speaker 4: You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: What's crazy too?
Speaker 2: Because like really if you think about like the mixtape era, I mean, fifty said gets a whole lot of credit as at it as well deserved, but I feel like the PSC tapes were like the whole other thing, Like you know what I'm saying, Like it just kind of like I feel like it was that and then there was like the Southern Smokes and then the Squat Up Ship that Little Wayne was dropping around that same time. But the PSC tapes to me like stood out on like a whole other level.
Speaker 3: And like what was it like?
Speaker 2: Because back then it was you know, I was always confused if you were an artist because mixtapes were bootlegged, right you would either download them online or they was at the at the barbershop, or like, how were y'all making money off of something that didn't have a skew that was at best Buy? Like were y'all printing them bitches yourself?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Printing myself like drama, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And of course famously enough Drama who was hosting them? Shit? You know he went to you know he got he got to hit him in.
Speaker 4: Up, he got jam you know. So I really looked at it as.
Speaker 1: Like like warm ups, you know what I'm saying. I ended up well, my mixtape game, I think I got like.
Speaker 2: Fifty The one you have that's on Spotify is it Day one?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 4: There's a couple of morning Day one on that.
Speaker 2: Day one is the one I sold at the swap meet myself. That's how I got my name. I was printing them covers out my creer. It's funny cause I was just looking at your Spotify and I was like, oh I sold that at the swab was like that's crazy, and you listen and sorry. Anytime I have an artist in that, I've pirated music from when I was seventeen. I definitely pirated your first album, yeah, and made some money office.
Speaker 3: I probably owe you some money.
Speaker 4: But it's cool, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had your I had the fucking bootleg shitty litte hundred dollars printer printing your album cover.
Speaker 4: Out for sure.
Speaker 1: Man, that's crazy man. But you know what though, too, I don't think that's bad. I don't think that's bad because you know, whoever bought it like that, the relevant the relevancy of that, you know what I'm saying, Like, you still get circulated.
Speaker 4: People know it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And you cant was an era too, you contribute like.
Speaker 2: The bootleg man was, Like, you know, we were necessary back in the day to a certain extent. You know, like you if you didn't want to go watch The Matrix three, but you wanted to see what it was about. I had a copy of it, but you just had to deal with some people standing up and walking in front.
Speaker 3: Of the screen.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: But but still though you still turning, you turning people on to us that you know might have wouldn't have got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I always tell like, dude, DJ Smalls, if I ever meet him, I'm be like, bro, you know, I met him once he was DJing for Gotti and I just told him, I'm like, bro, I had them Southern smokes going crazy, swap meet though.
Speaker 1: Me and smoked me and smoke got in. I mean, I'm being small got in man. He was cool.
Speaker 4: Dude was like.
Speaker 2: Damn the gangs, the grills and all the June the radios were just like fucking just best sellers.
Speaker 3: Man. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: I feel like you have become like an underappreciated like figure when we think of just like just in general, just in hip hop, man, because I feel like you're you're like an elite level MC, but you also have like this classics like even like you know, like I'm like high times. I think it's like super slept on body of work that you put out what's like ten years.
Speaker 3: Ago now, right, yeah, Jesus got it might be twenty thirteen, twelve somethod.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Fuck that song was hard. I forgot about that. We be in the city, in the city, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: But you also feel like you're okay with that. I don't know if that makes sense, Like you ain't like like I feel like you like like you you're so good at this shit, it comes so naturally to you, but you don't like stress over the flowers or stress over Like I've always just kind of felt like you do the shit because you love it and do what it does.
Speaker 1: And I mean, well, but like I can't be I don't be upset with it because it feeds me, you know what I'm saying right like to you know, like I go out and when I do it, like if we like we just did like forty thousand people the other day, me and Tip in Fort Stewart and that's crazy.
Speaker 3: They were singing it like it came out yesterday.
Speaker 1: So to say, I got like something of vendetta against you know, you know what what people the feedback people.
Speaker 2: Give, if not even the feedback like you feel like you're underappreciated or underrated, I'll go for underrated.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think they appreciate bro.
Speaker 1: Like you know what I'm saying because every time I go somewhere and you know, like me and the mirrors out the other night, and every time you introduced me to Peo, their face just lit up, you know what I'm saying. So you know I believe like underrated, you know, so so so a little bit so so.
Speaker 3: I mean, motherfuckers was shoulder leading all over the world.
Speaker 4: Man, you did you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You know what's crazy is there's like so many of those that era of record that I'm like perfect for TikTok. Like I almost feel like y'all should kick off a fucking TikTok campaign on that song, like right now, because it could. Like you've been seeing these songs that are old pop back up on TikTok and they have like a whole new.
Speaker 3: Whole life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've seen, I've seen.
Speaker 1: I've seen Shoulderling get on TikTok and do something, do some crazy shit, you know what I mean? FDB, I've seen that going there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jesus man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, freeze me. I ain't seen freeze me yet, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I think I have a you know, FDB, I think I have like an acapella intro to that I would just always scratch the West Side.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got some classics, dog for sure.
Speaker 2: What was like for you guys, like give me the motivation of coming together and doing a Pimp Squad Click album in twenty twenty four, because you spoke earlier like just to let everybody know, like, hey, we're all still together, and that's a rare instance but you know, to get everybody in. Everybody's got their lives going on. What's the what's the creative inspiration when you guys.
Speaker 3: Are all in the studio and why was it the right timing?
Speaker 1: I felt like, you know, as far as me and Tip go, we always been like competitive in the studio, you know what I'm saying. I know, I know it's like iron sharping the iron, you know what I mean when it comes to shout it in there. You know Mac Boney and Country, you know Mac Hustling, you know Country, you know pimping, you know what I'm saying. So I felt like all of us together back again, can actually just let people know that once it's once it's in there, it's on. You know what I'm saying. It's like something that can't be like it's just like.
Speaker 3: Riding a bike. You can't unlearn how to ride a bike, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So just to come back and do it again, just to show, you know, the youth that once it's in you, like music is with us forever, you know what I'm saying. So I feel that man getting back together man, just to show that man that togetherness. And you know what, I mean that competitiveness and you know, and for me, I felt like I ain't done, you know what I'm saying, And I know Tip got to kill the king and stuff on the way. This is the perfect time for us to showcase, you know, there's still lyrical ability that we have, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I need to figure out why you have a t c L Best Buy branded flip phone?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 2: What is happening with? What is is this your main phone? Can you show this to the camera, just a weekend one?
Speaker 3: This one right here? Yeah? So you you this is your main line?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What is uh?
Speaker 1: I mean what like you know I got I got ADHD and those you know in that in those newer phones.
Speaker 3: All those cold you don't have iPhone? Nah?
Speaker 4: If I did? I use it like for music or you know, like so what is uh? What do you do with that? Like you just talk?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Like when you text you got to hit the button three times to find a letter.
Speaker 1: No, that's that, that's the predicted You can take it out that and then straight tap now now, So if if I'm I'm big on like distractions, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So at this point in my life.
Speaker 3: No, iPhone is a distraction.
Speaker 4: Distraction, that's distraction.
Speaker 1: So at this point in my life, you know what I'm saying, getting ship done? You know what I'm saying, I gotta be like if I can't be paying attention to what another motherfucker doing, because before I, you know, finish my task, I'll be looking at what what Jason doing or what Tamika? What kind of clothes Tamika got? On the day I big, I asked, you know what I'm saying, So you know what I mean, just to cut all that ship out, just hit me. You know what I'm saying. I just you know what I mean. You got to call me the goa hit me, and then you know, I get to hang up like this, Oh that there's nothing.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 2: I got an iPhone and I got a Galaxy, but but you can't listen. I had the Galaxy flip that that that there's like the photo one and that's the Remember when I was showing you all when I had to flip and I was like, nah.
Speaker 4: But look yeah, so if you hit in on that, you'd be like that's good.
Speaker 3: If you're mad, you.
Speaker 4: Still can't hear it, just.
Speaker 3: Not me me you you know what I'm saying. What I'm saying, you can't even get off you. We're talking about TikTok. Got TikTok.
Speaker 4: You can hear me hang up on you with this.
Speaker 3: You can hear it. Yeah, wile you know what I'm saying. Even though you can't hear it, you can hear me. Hear it. This nigga just slam the phone on me, like, yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: What's the plan like on that? It is like twenty bucks a month. Nah, I got like a little unlimited family plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I could go to I can go to China and his motherfucker you could go to the fucking hell in that part I got.
Speaker 3: I got that bitch got snake on it.
Speaker 4: I got some serious roaming.
Speaker 1: But guess what what, the motherfuckers don't work, this little son of a bitch getting.
Speaker 3: I bet it does. Yeah, I didn't even android, bro, I'm.
Speaker 4: Telling you this bitch, this bitch working.
Speaker 3: Hell. I was talking to the devil the other day. Hot is the mother damn.
Speaker 2: It's like whatever, yo, we're droping at even on this flipfold dog, Hey, that's gotta be dope. Though you ain't really distracted by like you know, you were you in the studio, you ain't see what other people are doing, focused on your ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's exactly what's going on.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about you know, I'm curious, man, because I obviously Atlanta's going through something interesting right now with you know, Free Thug, who obviously has a great relationship with with with you guys, but you guys kind of went through a similar situation when Tip went away kind of like at the height of everything and and uh, you know, he came back and everything was fine, but it was definitely a scary situation because that was like right.
Speaker 3: After King, right.
Speaker 4: I want to say that.
Speaker 2: I remember he got locked up and I saw him on a Chevy commercial like the day before, and I was.
Speaker 4: Like, damn yellow in a yellow Camara.
Speaker 2: What was it like just being a part of the crew at that time and having to kind of go through the uncertainness of like what could be happening to you know, at the time, the hottest rapper on the planet and the leader of the crew.
Speaker 1: You know, I feel like at that point in time, man, a lot of opportunities that was in front of us kind of got like put on hold, you know what I'm saying. And because as as as a crew, you know what I'm saying, we had these plans and you know what I mean, and once they came to a halt, you know what I mean, Thank god. You know, I still had lyrical ability to sustain myself throughout that those trials or whatever. But man, it was shit. We weren't We weren't too happy about that, you know what I'm saying, You know what i mean. So while we was going through it, it kind of like it's kind of like if you if you was if you had a big brother and y'all live, you know what I'm saying, y'all at the house, and you know, he fuck around, go to jail, you know what I mean. Everything is on hole and at the same time, your feelings are, you know, all over the place, because hey, look this big bro, like I kind of like follow his lead, and you know what I mean, because he went out and start getting MS. So it's almost like he had the blueprint and the blueprint.
Speaker 4: Went to jail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything was it was like at the peak, yes, man crazy. Yeah, So I'm thinking Grand Hustle when I think of the label man, I think of just one of the more underrated rosters ever at a certain point in time. Grand Hustle is yourself obviously, PSC b.
Speaker 4: O b.
Speaker 3: Iggles. Oh yeah, Young La. By the way, can I j G kill? Yeah? I was gonna say killer, Mike.
Speaker 2: Scott, Travis Scott, Yeah, damn. I mean I even like the one dude who was just crying on the internet.
Speaker 3: I thought Alpha Mega was hardest fun. He was raw on that Hurt record with Bust the Rhymes. Who else?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was just such a crazy fucking roster DJ drama, you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: Like, was it the duck Rich kids?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys had such a crazy were you ever like like you're the oga, the the crew? Like when like Tip with sign somebody knew, would you give him any input or would you kind of like like help like assimilate them to being like a like Travis Scott for example, Like I mean, look, Travis Scott's Travis Scott now. But Tip kind of saw something and before anybody on that level, did you know what I'm saying? Was that like like were you around a lot of those conversations in some of those early studio sessions with some of those people.
Speaker 4: I was high man.
Speaker 3: You were being young, best thing, smoking.
Speaker 4: Geek that my mind when people came. You know what I'm saying. I was.
Speaker 1: I was always supportive though, you know what I'm saying, just like when we signed young La, like I gave him my chain, you know what I'm saying. Then when it got a bigger change. You know what I'm saying, Like when people came, I knew that my brother was choosing something that he took interest in, and whatever he took interest in, I took interest in. Also, like if he loved you like that, I loved you like that, you know what I'm saying. If he didn't fuck with you like that, I really didn't fuck with you like that.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So you know when anybody would ever come in like I was there and I was around, you know what I mean. Of course you know what I mean, because we're close knitted. You know what I'm saying. It was impossible for me not to be around when those conversations were going on.
Speaker 4: But for the most part.
Speaker 1: On a as far as the business go, I don't think I was too.
Speaker 2: Were you in like any like sessions with like Travis early, like I was wondering, like, you know, before we know who Travis Scott is like our Pharaoh days, Like what's it like?
Speaker 3: Just be like did you see that ship of that kid?
Speaker 1: Like I knew the well we knew Travis was with shiit though, like it was like a what I want to say, shit, some extra terrestrial shit, Like you know what I'm saying. Travis Scott was beyond like out of this world like type shit. It was like and he do everything, and you know what I'm saying. I was like, yeah, shot of going somewhere, you know what I mean. I feel the same way about Bob.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bob is an alien. He always was an alien.
Speaker 4: Big old fan, you know what I mean. We can't forget Doe b.
Speaker 2: Man, dope b rest in peace, shout Alabama man that that he and he was just getting started man when he passed.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So all the tracks that I got with all these all these people, these are dope tracks. And we was able to flex our lyrical you know what I'm saying. Of course I couldn't wait to you know, get on them and shown that you know, hey, look it's gonna go down when drown and motherfucker you you know what I'm saying, Yes, sir, I.
Speaker 2: Was gonna say, do you feel like Grand Hustle gets the credit it deserves for starting a lot of the movements that we because I feel like we forget Like I like, I was like, we're going through all these names. I'm like, god damn, Like I remember the magazine cover, Like Grand Hustle was like really instrumental in so many people's careers.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like it gets the credit that it deserves?
Speaker 4: Man? Who get who do gets the credit for what they do?
Speaker 3: You feel like some people do some people get too much credit?
Speaker 1: Well that's one thing, but but like when people do.
Speaker 3: Like I think a lot of people get get the credit they deserve. I feel like, you know, I don't.
Speaker 1: Think like it's always it's always a story about about you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: When people jay Z gets a lot of credit. Okay, that's one in a million, you know what I'm saying, Like you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like, you know, doctor Dre all the fucking credit, you know, rightfully?
Speaker 1: So these are these are big dogs, I mean big old dogs for sure.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. But it's a lot of things I'm quite sure.
Speaker 1: They feel like, hey, look, nobody even noticed this right here about you know what I mean what they did and in the mark that they put in on the game you did.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Hey, when you guys picked fuck that Bitch FDB as a single, uh, nowadays, like right now, Gunn has got a song called fuck you mean it's a radio signal? How hard is it to come up with like the clean version of that for DJs to play on the radio.
Speaker 3: That was the hardest ship because the ship is called fuck that Bitch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: We had to actually go to I Don't Trust that Chick, which was totally so.
Speaker 4: I was so I was so pissed off.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was like a whole it was like a whole nother book I had to write. But f dB, I think we was at Clark Clark, Atlanta, you know what I'm saying. Collegen Man, that was the least song that I felt like, you know what I mean. I had other things in mind until we was like, oh, just played it to see how it goes. And when we played it, those college kids went berserk and then we was.
Speaker 4: Like that's the one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you play a song that no one's ever heard before and they lose their fucking mind. Yeah, go with that. Yeah, because people don't like loving new shit. They don't know, so that shit gotta be fire man, that ship.
Speaker 4: With fire as hell.
Speaker 1: But then when everybody was like, man, what I said, like, well, I consider FDB like if I had raps that was stacked up like to right here, it was at the very bottom, right. Yeah, that's that's how much I cared about it.
Speaker 4: And then it just so happened to be a big one.
Speaker 2: So obviously PSC album on the way you and Tip? Is there going to be another drug solo album?
Speaker 3: There? Are you cooking something?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Man, it's a lot of It's a lot of work that I'm doing right now, Like on this walk I got going on right now. You know what I'm saying, being being as though, you know what I'm saying, three years clean from all the ship that I've been doing, And you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: What was all of the ship Just a lot of drugs, man, like all of the drugs. Yeah, but obviously are you still smoking weed?
Speaker 4: No? Oh, I don't do anything.
Speaker 3: Man, You're not quite young Droe anymore. Nah. I mean, I mean you're still young, Droe, but you know you're not the best thing smoking anymore.
Speaker 4: I'm just not heavily sedated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know a lot of stuff went past, like on all them drugs, man.
Speaker 3: Were you doing like ecstasy and all that ship?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the all the rock star stuff step a hairin ship.
Speaker 3: Like now, but like you know the ship that motherfucker's party with.
Speaker 4: Ship that the party pack when you put it out Listen.
Speaker 2: I did ecstasy for the first time in my life not too long ago, and uh, I was stuck. I was grinding my teeth and I was slowed down and I was like stuck.
Speaker 3: I was like, Yo, how.
Speaker 2: Do people do this ship at festivals? Because I'm like delayed, bro. I mean, it was it was different.
Speaker 1: It was used to made me just just try to like get all the bitches like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And then and then like you know, I've never done cocaine in my life, never done any hard drugs. I was super scared to try ecstasy, to be honest, because I've only done weed and shrooms in my life besides doing ecstasy recently. But I have had women sniff cocaine off my dick that's that's and I feel.
Speaker 4: Like you're fucking freak man.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 2: Back in my back in my heyday, they'd be like strippers. They'd be like, can you get coke? I'm like, well, I don't do it.
Speaker 3: I gu's fine. If you give me something, I sniff it off your dick car. Well. So I feel like if I were.
Speaker 2: Ever to get into cocaine that those few experiences would have been my gateway to like put some ship up my nose. But I was strong enough to just you know, kind of do it. I guess it was on my body.
Speaker 3: You know. Do you ever have a girl do that? Nah?
Speaker 1: I probably wanted it, like I was like, no, I don't waste that. Why would you do that?
Speaker 3: Why would you waste that? Yo on the table? Sit down there for what? Bring it on? Bring it over here?
Speaker 4: Nah? But I remember one time though, like.
Speaker 1: I did like shrooms, and I did shrooms in ecstasy, you know what I'm saying. Well, and then when I was talking to this bitch, I was talking to her in her ear, and I don't know what happened to my eyes, but they left out my head and then started looking at me. And then I stuck my tongue in her ear and it came out the other side.
Speaker 3: Sick.
Speaker 4: That shit was like, I was like, this is my last trip?
Speaker 3: Oh so that was your last time, like with shrooming ecstasy. I'm not gonna lie. If that would have happened to me, I'd have been.
Speaker 4: Like fuck yeah, no, man, the fuck yeah.
Speaker 3: We got to spend the block on this.
Speaker 4: That was some.
Speaker 3: That was some.
Speaker 4: That was some demon type ship though.
Speaker 3: I was like, it sounds like venom for fucking Spider Man. How to help my eyes come out my head?
Speaker 4: Look at me? Then I was like, yes, you know.
Speaker 2: What I always tell people is like you could get so high a certain especially if you eat weed.
Speaker 4: You ate weed like edibles like on some broccoli ship.
Speaker 3: No, like edibles like you know, like a candy bar, chocolate. Oh okay, I thought you.
Speaker 2: But like I always say, there's something about if you're a certain level of high that unlocks some sort of superpower. Because if you've ever been high where you're like in a room or a show and you could hear everything at once, or you could like hone in on ship from far away and hear it.
Speaker 4: You want to know what's crazy? I heard your tesla truck in front.
Speaker 3: So she was like, WHOA, that's how that's the real noise.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I thought I thought I was back home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were just I was like fuck.
Speaker 4: I was like, I know no dope and kicked in all these years.
Speaker 3: B Yeah, I've been high before.
Speaker 2: I felt like I was like, I'm like, bro, there's some sort of superpower I got right now because I could hear everything.
Speaker 3: And eating weed? Do you eat too much? I keep picturing you eating buds.
Speaker 2: Bro, You'll be fucking bribing out a concert. A rich shout to Ritz from Gwynet County Rich and Yobow show. I was fucking zuited off the Edibles dog and I could hear everyone's conversations at once in the whole concert. I was looking across the whole fucking venue and would look at the lady at the bar, and I'd be able to just hear what the fuck you're talking to her boyfriend about it?
Speaker 1: Shroons be too in depth, man, I thought like, because I thought I was dreaming, and in my dream I peed like I went to the bathroom and Peede Pede in the damn bed YEP.
Speaker 3: Thirty some years old. I pissed myself in from I'm talking about I went the whole p like like you.
Speaker 4: It was like you butte but.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you know, lot as a motherfucker, you wake up in the morning, what the fuck? But the ac turned the cold. I was like, I'm gonna be the pneumonia you ever do, like uh, like d m T or anything crazy like that domestic terrorist.
Speaker 4: What's d MT?
Speaker 3: It's like, uh, that's a drug. Ship sounds like like you freebase it like crack. Yeah, I'm not lie and ship.
Speaker 2: It's like this chemical that your body produces when you're born and when you die.
Speaker 3: It's you know, the gland that's right here. What the is it called?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so like your body produces it, but you could there's a frog that sweats it, and so you could, you know. Mike Tyson always, I don't know if you know. But Mike, well, you don't have you don't have the internet. You don't know, leave me alone, nothing on that. No, Mike Tyson always he smokes the toad and it changed his life. He's smoking toad sweat, but nigga, so he don't have warts and shit.
Speaker 3: No, but if you smoke d MT, you're it's supposed to be like you just go away for.
Speaker 2: Fifteen minutes, like you're in another to mension. You see shit that like you're not supposed to see.
Speaker 3: Like, so what if you smoke that ship and all of a sudden you turn the lights off in here? What do you? What do you.
Speaker 4: That's that's a frog?
Speaker 3: I mean like this nigga is toting his nigga told no, you're supposed to Like there's like a lady who talks to you. They call frog lady. I don't know, bruh, I'm scared to do it.
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm scared as fuck right now.
Speaker 3: But it's a it's a hallucinogetic. It's not addictive, but it is crackheadish because you do have to free basic what if what if? What if you saw a crankhead frog? Hey, I'm not gonna lie, like in La there's a frog smoking fatanol right now.
Speaker 4: Look like.
Speaker 3: This nigga eye separated.
Speaker 4: Your skin is terrible.
Speaker 2: But but what was your breaking point when you were like, I gotta get sober, I gotta I gotta leave all this shit alone.
Speaker 1: When I I tried to quit, right, so, I tried to quit over the pandemic and couldn't. But I had stopped for a little while, and I was like, you know what, I'm good man. And then you know, I found myself going back to something that had me racy, because that shit brings on depression, you know what I'm saying, Like you be trying to figure out what's going on, and and and and at that point in life, I wasn't really where I wanted to be, you know, as far as doing shows and ship and get money that she had got. I was like, well, I'm always doing shows and I'm always traveling, but that's not enough for me, you know what I'm saying. So I can't get the way I'm trying to go fucked up all the time. I don't have that energy no more. You know what I'm saying. I'm not twenty, I'm not I can't, you know what I'm saying. So I was like, you know what, I've been trying this shit like this for years, you know what I'm saying, a lot of years, you know what I'm saying. So I was like, shit, and my breaking point was one day man, cause I used to I had my my concoction of drugs that I used to do, right, you know what I'm saying, I might do some Maali you feel me.
Speaker 4: Then I might do the perks. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Then I might do you know, I'll mix that in with adderall and then you know, of course we get the lean and then and then when I run, when I get tired of running, I do the zan. So when I was that this particular day, when I was like, you know what I'm saying, I was running, I was running, and then I was like, I'm tired of running. You know what I'm saying, I'm tired of I'm tired of telling this bitch a lie and you know, trying trying to fuck this bitch line. And then you know what I'm saying, I'm not me some of this stuff with my kids, and you know what I'm saying, my career.
Speaker 3: Is looking like this. And now I was like, you know what, it is, just time, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And then when my little girls started using drugs, that.
Speaker 1: Was a real bigs. She was actually like eighteen at the time, So when I saw her do that, I was like, how in the hell can I tell my child whatnot? I'm over here, fucked up, geeked up.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't tell my child not to do something. I'm I already geeked up, you know what I'm saying. So I clinked all that shit up. Plus I got a son. You know what I'm saying, Junior came. I don't want Junior looking at me like like that's a zombie. Sometimes come on, man, you know what I'm saying. And I had enough respect for them not to do that type of shit in front of them. But still my behaviors showed that, you know.
Speaker 2: Stuff that you wouldn't even notice. But obviously, yeah, I also think too, like when you're doing that much drugs, man, whether or not you consciously know it, your day become revolved revolving around like getting more high or.
Speaker 3: Figured out high.
Speaker 2: And then I remember, your productivity goes towards the drugs and your career or your family or your kids.
Speaker 1: I was so high one time, dog, I was talking to a garbage can you feel me. I was literally having a conversation with the garbage can. I was like, yeah, nigga, and I don't even know what you be on. And then I was like, and you stink nigga, you know what I'm saying, And the garbage was talking back to me.
Speaker 3: He was like, there's some shit in here.
Speaker 1: Oh my go straight up, Like, yo, you got me too full, bro, and like this, I'm serious about that though.
Speaker 3: No, I don't believe you. I think it's like it's it's real.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like at the end of the day, bro, like you know any ejiction where there's drug alcohol, Like people don't realize, Like yo, you might not. You might think you got it under control, but like your whole life.
Speaker 3: Really revolves around you're moving your priorities.
Speaker 1: Out of the way every day for the sake of whether it's alcoholism or I gotta go get drugs or damn, I'm ana plan on my day because I gotta make your so and so.
Speaker 2: I gotta go see so and so to get more of this or you know what I mean. It's like it's bandwidth in your life. It's just getting burnt up just to be high, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I got tricked too because we was like I remember, we was in uh we was in some like some little drug courses and stuff.
Speaker 4: When Tip got out of jail. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And I was in there and I and I've seen some people that you know, they was, you know, addicts or whatever. And I heard them talking and shit, and I was like, I ain't this type of addict.
Speaker 3: Like Nigga. We rich, We haven't ship, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We got nigga, We got big beings of condole top flows, you know what I'm saying. And I didn't know that I didn't have it under control. I thought that I was in control of it. But in due time, that ship will catch up to you and bust your motherfucking ass, you know what I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying, Because you think, well, I ain't on the streets right, you know what I'm saying. I don't look like this month, I'm fly fun, having fun.
Speaker 4: I'm a rich ass junkie.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Was it for you?
Speaker 2: Is it like hard to Your brand is so synonymous with marijuana, Like people look at you like the pie head guy right, like a lot of your album covers and titles and songs.
Speaker 3: Is it? Is it.
Speaker 2: Like not difficult? But is it like you know, being clean and sober, being younger? Be like Snoop Dog when Snoop Dog said he stoped smoking weed.
Speaker 3: People were like they almost lost their fucking man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but to a lesser extent, I was like, but like a lot of your brand, it's like, yo, your young drove like you know, like I mean, is that like a obviously it doesn't matter, but it's almost like when like what's his face? Jonah Hill lost the weight the actor people are like, yo, yo, but you're the funny fat guy, you know what I mean, Like, did you have any sort of like identity crisis with with your brand or like, man, I don't like if I'm not high all the time when people look at.
Speaker 3: Me different, Like now you know what I thought?
Speaker 1: I was like, my lyrics represent the kind of weed that I chose my name to be, and shit's gonna be smoking anyway.
Speaker 3: It's the best kind you got the.
Speaker 1: Best kind of music. It's it's like the way I wear clothes. It's the best kind. You know what I'm saying. If my if my outfit had to be you know, it's it's just fires. It's the best kind of it. It's expensive, it's you know what I mean. It's this ship here, it's top of the line, you know what I mean. So I ain't really tripped you know what I'm saying. I don't really trip right now, you know what I mean, because drugs don't control my narrative.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like your pen game is sharper, your studio sessions are more productive, your creative ship is like more on point?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: At first, I didn't until you know, I did some some some soul searching, is you know, some self just you know what I'm saying. I just got into myself and was like, I'm better. You know what I'm saying. I'm better than I was. You know what I'm saying, for the simple fact I can remember stuff. I'm attentive, like you feel what I'm saying. I'm aware, you know I mean, I'm you know, I'm paying attention. I'm focused.
Speaker 2: Talk to me Atlanta obviously, as I mean, what ran hip hop for twenty running hip They've been running hip hop for how many years?
Speaker 4: Have been?
Speaker 3: Twenty three, twenty four? It's been a minute. It's been a long time, right.
Speaker 2: I feel like the only, the only this is the closest I've ever seen to another place. Maybe getting it back, and that would be this Kendrick moment. If the rest of LA can get their shit together, we might be able to, you know, just just hold.
Speaker 3: It for a little bit.
Speaker 2: But Atlanta's been through so many eras, right, and you guys are so important to all eras of it. I mean, I mean shit, you know obviously from the track I mean trap music is we know that it's a thing because of Tip.
Speaker 3: You know, how do you feel about like where Atlanta's going as a whole?
Speaker 2: And you know, do you feel like it's still as united as because we always hear LA and New York guys always use y'all as an example, Well, Atlanta united, they always always work together.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like it's still as united as it used to be? Yeah?
Speaker 1: For the simple fact is we're from the South, right, we got hospitality for outsiders, so I know we have it for ourselves. And you know, if you're not somebody cousin, you know what I'm saying. Y'all so close, you know what I'm saying, you know, and I think that the unity just has to be there because you know, somebody that's attached to somebody. I know, I got people that's attached to Thug, that's attached to Gunner, that's attached to Tip, that's attached to two chains, that's attached to Jezi, that's attached to you. Feel what I'm saying, it's almost impossible not to, you know, feel that love and want somebody like like for me. Once I see you know, people that make it. You know what I'm saying, It's almost like I made it too.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And I'm quite sure a lot of people feel the same way if they play us. You know I'm saying, if you hated that, just that's just that yeah, you know, but you know what I'm saying. And then like the state of it right now, you know, like the baby Drills and the Antis and you know what I'm saying, Uh, the Newdies and you know, yeah, man, it's and then even the girls man like their lyrical too.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I feel like you run yeah, yeah, a lot of Like when I see a lot of the state, when I see a lot of doing her thing, I feel like it's just a family thing. When I see Amarella spit, I be like she's got birth from you know what I'm saying. This ain't nothing like we get our best someone, We get our best ideas from others.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Nothing is new under the sun.
Speaker 1: So when you're around or when you're around it and you're you know, you have these people that went before, you get to see an example.
Speaker 4: So when that that unity, yeah, the South got it.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, the South is obviously you mentioned the female MC's there. I feel like they're the only artists anymore that are like trying from the new generation to make records. I feel like the dudes is just getting in the studio, punching in, throwing shit together and don't putting it out, and there's no like conscientious like effort to be like, yo, we gotta put a record together, like well we got to put some hits out, like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they know how it's easy to I.
Speaker 2: Feel like that the male artists are underproduced because they kind of just like you said, it's so easy.
Speaker 3: They don't like, you know what I'm saying, Like they ain't like, damn, we gotta we need to we need to go to radio with this. We need to be intentional with this, or you need to take your time.
Speaker 1: You know, you got to get your ten twenty thousand hours in right, you know what, I'm saying, before you are able to experience this, this this thing called hip hop.
Speaker 4: Especially for like you have respect for the art form. Yeah, you gotta have respect for the art form.
Speaker 1: And one of the people that I feel like has serious respect for the art form is London j That's a This dude is out of this work.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like, man, I'm talking about when I tell you that most of the stuff that you hear comes from him, Oh wow, out of the South as far as writers.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. He has a pin that is unmatched right now. You know what I'm saying. And don't connected to him as well?
Speaker 3: Are you going to be doing more remixes and stuff like obviously? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a visual out there. Yeah, dro, Like I couldn't you know what, man. I was in New Mexico and for some reason, I just kept saying yeah, Dro. And this young dude, I think he was like twenty one, he was like, you should do that, Dro, he said, he said just fits. So when he said it, I couldn't even sleep. I was like, I gotta do this. And I was inspired by Gloria.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, because she was saying some stuff and you know what I mean, And it made me feel like, oh she is she got damned.
Speaker 4: She's standing on betting.
Speaker 2: It for you feel what I'm saying, How dope was it for you to see Killer Mike all these years of just a prolific career get his flowers at the Grammys.
Speaker 4: Man, that was player. Man, Like I said, the unity that we got.
Speaker 1: I felt like when he got the Grammys, we got the Grammys with him, right, you know what I mean, especially from Atlanta, because it just shut up all the talk and you know what I'm saying, and people talking about, oh, well, who was that? Like, that's I would love. I love the fact that it was done in that fashion. You feel I can sweep, Yeah, like he swept. You know what your thought and what y'all would toomb at all that bullshit you tomb at it got Sunday say you did what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, felt it just felt special because it was like, man, first of all, he deserved it. That's the other thing he deserve. He had the best out of the year.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was a discussion to be had, and he deserved it. So it was just like you said it was funny.
Speaker 2: It was funny to see certain people react certain ways and then then once they listened to the outum, they're like, oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he deserved that. Motherfucker like desert.
Speaker 2: Because it ain't about I feel like with that is about It's about who like It should be about the best body of work, not who did the most streams, not who's most record. It's like, not supposed to be the best rap album of the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if I could tell, if I could tell motherfuckers that making music sh make sure you you like it, you satisfied. You know what I'm saying. Make sure you put out a body of work, you know what I mean. Don't be selfish with it. Make you know you know you got to put out music for the people. But make sure you're satisfied for about what you're putting out for the people.
Speaker 3: And you're good. Yeah, no matter, you can sell one record. Yeah, I'm satisfied.
Speaker 2: Can you give me a timeline when's everything coming out? Obviously you guys just put a single.
Speaker 1: Out, Okay, psc should be out. I don't want to say fall you feel me? I know me and zay Toven, which is a great producer, shout out to Zay. You know, we got some stuff you know coming.
Speaker 3: Out Atlanta and Bay Area.
Speaker 4: Go to Yes, Atlanta and Bay Area. People don't know that.
Speaker 1: So I think, like around the top of the year, I'm gonna drop a couple of videos this year. But around the top of the year, you know what I'm saying, I should be gearing up for. You know what I mean, the Young Drow project. You know what I'm saying. I want to say that right after that, by that summer, I think the Drawing Tip project coming. You know what I'm saying, Drow plus t I P equals drip drow tip. You know what I'm saying, that's gonna be on the way. I think me and the boy Young La, We're gonna go back in and we're gonna you know, redo black boy, White boy too.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, which.
Speaker 3: Was which was a how's he doing?
Speaker 4: He's doing pretty good, man, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Remember he was going through his ship too, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, you know, life be lifing, But yeah, man, how you come out on top? You know what I'm saying. So all of us are we we were getting into it, man, You know the PSC drove Tip. You know, Tip killed the King on the way. You know what I'm saying, How is it?
Speaker 2: Uh? Because t I is also do a stand up now, which I think is dope because I've always wanted to try it, but I ain't got the nuts to get on stage. And but uh, it's kind of crazy, like is that something like have you have you ever considered like stepping out of the box of being an MC and doing maybe a podcast or doing some acting or just doing other ship.
Speaker 4: Man, do you want to you want to know what's crazy? Tip?
Speaker 3: And haha, mafia man. They always saying.
Speaker 1: Drou when you're gonna get on stage and do comedy. I'm just, you know, I'm just I'm just a crazy motherfucker on you know or default like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But I applaud him.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I remember one time we was at Madison Square Garden. We performed for Dave Chapell's birthday, and you know, and then next thing, you know, Tip did like a little set man.
Speaker 3: He killed it.
Speaker 4: Then he did some of that State Farm arena. He killed it.
Speaker 1: Like you know what I'm saying. At first, he wasn't that funny to me. But then this nigga started getting funny. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I mean it's like anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like yeah, that nigga just showed like he just was like, man, I'm doing this and that ship. That ship just started opening up, you know what I'm saying. So you know what I mean, whatever shot to put it ahead to like, you know, get it done.
Speaker 3: That's great, man, Look lots of new music on the way. Man. Yes, sir ski, I'm glad you came out and finally kicked it. And I heard you have a clip for me some bars?
Speaker 4: You got some bars?
Speaker 1: I don't do xanax somemore. Okay, well, oh you're talk about rap. Yeah, I thought he was trying to get me to jam. Give you some drugs.
Speaker 3: I ain't them bitches like like they're good.
Speaker 1: They wipe I'll be scared. I can't they wipe out your memory? Like you know what I'm saying. One time I slept with this ugly chick and took his in X.
Speaker 4: I forgot got. I was like, she woke up, she was like what have I I have no idea?
Speaker 3: How did you get here?
Speaker 4: How did you even get here?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You should take one.
Speaker 3: You should take one, Yo, Joe, I appreciate you. Brother. We go do a freestyle so you can check out the other YouTube video for that. Man.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Cool, cool, fire,