Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today in Europe. I'm Juanna Persacchi with Caroline Hapker, and we're joined by Bloomberg reporter Chloy Meli.
Speaker 1: Chloe.
Speaker 3: Let's discuss what's been happening with European airlines. A hack has been disrupting airports across Europe.
Speaker 1: How are markets taking the news.
Speaker 4: Well, quite badly so. Luftanza IAG, which owns British Airways and easy Jet were all weaker at the open this morning on the back of that cyber attack that you mentioned, which calls delaser airports in Berlin, London and Brussels.
Speaker 1: So this is all due to a cyber incident.
Speaker 4: Which took down Colins Aerospace software which is used for check in, boarding and baggage systems, which means that all of those airports had to process passengers manually. The worst hit was Brussels Airport and it took the toughest measures. It asked some carriers to cancel some departures and there were twenty five flights that were canceled on Saturday and fifty canceled on Sunday as well. It said that more cancelations and more delays were expected on Monday. We'll probably see that in London and Berlin as well, And so it really highlights how a cyber incident like this can really disrupt European air travel for days, and it raises questions about how well those key tech supplies like Colins Aerospace are protected against cyber attacks, and it seems that those tags are actually becoming a little bit more widespread. There was a report by Tellis, which is a French aerospace and defense company, that showed a six hundred percent year on year increase in ransomware attacks in the aviation sector. So this is definitely a growing problem. They'll need to be addressed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Absolutely, cyber attacks increasingly difficult for businesses to deal with. Other stories so that have caught our attention. Porsche putting the brakes on its electric vehicle plans and that has been really driving shares lower.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, it was down quite a lot this morning, as well as parent company at Volkswagen. So Porsche said that it would shelve plans for a future battery powered luxury suv, and it said that they would kind of move more towards combustion engine and hybrid models to kind of changing its portfolio, moving away from those a luxury cars luxury electric cars because there's just not enough demand for it, and that pivot is causing a one point eight billion euro hit operating profit, which means that it would also led its a Porsche and Volkswagen.
Speaker 1: To slash their outlook for the year.
Speaker 4: So they now expect a return on sales of two percent for twenty twenty five, and for context, that number was fourteen percent in twenty twenty four. This is also the fourth guidance cut this year for Porsche. It's been dealing of course with that low demon for electric vehicles, but also tariffs have been weighing on it, and also a slowdown in China where there's been so much competition from a local TV manufacturers as well, and the shared decline has been so great that it has dropped out of Germany's taxing the index.
Speaker 1: That's something that happened a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 4: So this is really yet another setback and doesn't really spell good use for that car making sector in Europe, which has already been having a tough time this year, as we remember from the second quarter earning season, of course.
Speaker 3: And European banking consolidation has been a big theme. Sabadel BBVA, The saga continues. What's the latest there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so BBVA has increased its value for the takeover for its takeover bit for Bank of Sabadel by about ten percent, and it did that just before the September twenty.
Speaker 1: Third deadline to improve that offer.
Speaker 4: So the new deal now values the bank around seventeen billion euros, which is around one point six percent premium to the market value at Friday's close, and the previous offer valued it at around fifteen point five bill in euros, so quite quite an important boost there. The improved proposal is a shift in strategy because BBBA spent the last few months insisting there was really no need to sweeten the offer, and while Sabadel continued to say that the price was too low. But now BBBA seems to have changed his mind. It's actually driven the chas lower for both of those companies this morning. So it's unclear how why the market is not rewarding this potential m and a consolidation. But it seems BBVA changed its approach to avoid what happened the last time that it tried to buy Sabadel, which was five years ago, and that failed because of a disagreement over price.
Speaker 1: So now it's kind of changed its tuner bit of work.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.