Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Hecma Harrison, and Newi Scrugs.
Speaker 2: Plays lounge.
Speaker 3: Let's ride, getting ready to roll into a Thursday matchup at a T and T Stadium with the Dallas Cowboys and the Seattle Seahawks, two teams winning records.
Speaker 2: Don't tell me I know a story. Now, it's a story, you know. Crew.
Speaker 3: Danny McCrae, good to see you, Good to see you. Heck Ma Harrison, good to see it. Good All right?
Speaker 2: Church gladding glading out of traffic. Surprised this don't happen.
Speaker 3: You got mentioned on the last show because about forty five. I like to go by and walk by because you know Jesse. Jesse is usually in one of his Jesse type things, because Jesse is and I was like, you know, wrap up the show, wrap up this. He's like you always come by here and then and then Shanon's like, you know, we're all we're the most on time show here and then they you know, went back there to get that clarification for Chris being but it's just I.
Speaker 2: Just like get a little so they are the most on time, s U.
Speaker 3: I think Chris said that to make him feel good, okay, because they were already over time.
Speaker 2: Okay, already over Oh you mean all the time like that? I thought you mean on the time getting here? No, no, don't. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know about their time. But anyway, Church, I'm glad you maated g I merely Louis Scruggs Show brought to you by toast to Dak Prescott getting praise from Aaron Rodgers on who do did his Pat McAfee hit. He said, Dak's playing the position good. Says he takes a lot of because he's a Dallas Cowboys quarterback, but he says he's really impressive. Likes the way he's using the cadence with the here we go and say he's playing playing really good football.
Speaker 2: And I thought that was you know on ESPN.
Speaker 3: I mean, how rare is that to hear somebody get up there and actually have good things to say about Dak Prescott And of course he didn't come from anybody works for the company, comes to somebody who's employee in.
Speaker 2: National Football League courtesy of the New York Jets. Thoughts on that I don't know.
Speaker 4: Listen, shout out to Aaron Rodgers for realizing that Mike McCarthy has put his fingerprints all over this Dallas Cowboys offense and it's starting to look the way that it did in Green Bay when they I'm not gonna say that, I'm not gonna say the word, but ceedee lamb. And the connection that they have is similar to what Aaron Rodgers has had with his receivers when they've been in Green Bay. And Aaron Rodgers sees that, So shout out to him, give him some credit. Also, want to get some shout out to grind Clark because he he give Dak Prescott some prise to you.
Speaker 2: He's unless you gout. You know what I'm saying. He know how how to when he.
Speaker 3: Gets despite that club, not the club?
Speaker 2: What club is that?
Speaker 4: I don't know that club? Okay, yeah, well they don't have the same founders day. Okay, is that what it is? Okay? Look, man, the compliments and the hate you know, few and far for Dak, and you know it's about time that he got some compliments from his peers based off of the kind of season that he's having. I think one it was the turnovers. You know, people always know that Dak cauld throw the ball, He's gonna the yards are gonna be there. But once he started to turn the ball off, that was his stick, that was.
Speaker 2: Who he was, had turnover machine.
Speaker 4: They didn't even go back to even thinking about what he did previous in his career. But coming from a guy like Aaron, I think that's high praise, and I think even taking it a step further, was talking about that here we go and how unique that is in the league, how they've been working on that in the cadence, and just you guys know, I mean just that the nuances of the game, just playing the game, and Dak is playing it at a high level. He talked about more than just that, bringing the tight end back in on zero covers, things like that, and just understanding it. Being just a student of the game the way that he is. Everybody that does that, they know that Dak is playing at a high level. Nah, I'm with all y'all on this one, and I gotta go with you on this.
Speaker 2: Danny.
Speaker 5: When you talk about, you know, McCarthy's fingerprints on what Dak has been able to do this year. I mean, if you look at it to turnovers a way down these past four or five games. I mean, he's telling what, twenty touchdowns only maybe three or four interceptions. Twenty three touchdowns or four or three interceptions out there, So he's taking care of the football. You don't see him compounding issues like we did last year, like trying to force things in there to double on triple coverage.
Speaker 2: If it's not open down there, he's.
Speaker 5: Chucking the ball down to Tony Pollard or one of these tight ends out there, and they're able to get it, get it going that way. You see him using his legs a lot more often with this offense. So look, they're offensively right now. They're hitting on all cylinders. But you gotta be careful about this praise, man, because they will build you up just to tear you down.
Speaker 2: So I'm I'm not trying to hear any of that noise about. You know, he's having a hell of a year. He's gonna lead this team, that, this, that, and the third.
Speaker 5: Just keep doing what you've been doing, keep that circle tight with McCarthy and these teammates, and you know, let the place speak for itself, because they will build you a quick and then as soon as something bad happening, like let's just go out there in Philadelphia. Let's say he doesn't have a great game, man, they will chop you down like a tree quickness, with a quickness.
Speaker 4: I got two things, Okay, First thing is I think Dak not feeling comfortable using his legs over the last couple of years played a huge part into while he was throwing some turnovers, not not being able to extend players like he used to, having to make different reads without being able to extend those plays. I think that's been a big thing. And I think that yes, that does get a lot of hate. He get a lot of hate. But that got a lot of hate when he threw out those interceptions because that is something that you don't usually see from a guy like Dak. And then it starts to make you wonder, like what's going on because that is something that you just you don't see. Dak has been a guy who takes care of the football, right then they talk about Josh. Josh Allen is a guy who always turns the ball over So it is not surprising. It's no shock at all when John's Allen goes out there and has two interceptions in the game, because everybody's like, we knew he was gonna give it to us, all right, when it's Dak Prescott, Right, when it is Dak Prescott going out there, and you're like, wait, something's off. He's not having a good day because we know this is not what we usually expect from Dak Prescott. So it's more of a shock of like, man, it must be must be something going on over there, because this ain't what we usually see from Dak Prescott. You're being very fair about that, you know, you're being very fair about that assessment between and I think people want to call the Josh Allen out on his interceptions, the way he played versus the way that the media criticizes Dak. I think on the other side, for Josh Allen, it's just that he meets all the schematics on what you think a quarterback here, a big strong arm, and yeah he kind.
Speaker 2: Of mobile too. He could do it all.
Speaker 4: But then I think those tendencies Latin games call it a brain forward. Whatever it is, he's gonna give the ball up, But he doesn't get racked over the coles the same way that Dak does. And you just made the one about him early in his career taking care of the ball, and josh Ain't never done that, And he doesn't face the same criticism if people don't talk about him in the same breath even as some of these other.
Speaker 2: Quote unquote elite quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: So look, it's gonna be interesting coming down to the end of this season how he how he compares to those guys, because right now he's playing the best football I've seen him playing.
Speaker 5: In your opinion, does he need to do it against a better competition like throwing that out?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, This is what Dak said yesterday. Quote what I say to myself is as I haven't done you know what I mean. It's regular season numbers and are great. We're getting wins, that's what's most important. But at the end of the day, we're trying to stack and keep growing this team. So he's not what you talked about there he said yesterday. You know, he's basically he's not buying into what's being said. He knows what the mission is and Clarence Hills set it on the media match several times.
Speaker 2: We know these guys are going to get judged playoff time. Where else should you be judged? Then that's it.
Speaker 4: I mean, because we've seen Dak Prescott in the Dallas Cowboys here stack up big time of regular season's twelve wins here, twelve wins that we've seen it happen, and we know that the mission here and the goal is to get to the NFC Championship possibly super Bowl. Right, So if you don't, you're looking at that. As a player, you're saying, Okay, our season was, we had some success, but it's not where we want to be.
Speaker 3: But I do think you get judged in both places. I mean, you know, first off, if you don't have a good regular season, that's thank you. So I do think that's that's a fair judgment to look at what you're doing in the regular season to make sure you put your team in that position.
Speaker 2: For years that was.
Speaker 3: I mean, people act like we forgot the first seven years of Peyton man. I mean, dude, the struggle bus in the playoffs. But you roll out these thirteen and three seasons going the first round getting bounced on the rag. So and you look at Peyton's.
Speaker 2: Overall playoff record ain't good.
Speaker 3: I mean, you think about Peyton's last football game, two Bowl fifty.
Speaker 2: The defense won that game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it don't make me go get old footage every time that we lose in the playoffs. Your conversations that you be having now he over talking about it now the regular season. He's like, what, we know they're gonna win twelve games. You know they're gonna make the playoffs. That is a thing that has been that that's consistent. Okay, that's consistently they've been talking about firing guys who make the playoffs. We had all these conversations over the last couple of years, and I knew we were talking about Yeah.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, you ain't.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 4: I'm not letting you have that because because we were all on this show together.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just saying it, Matt to you discounted it. What Heckman and I are saying.
Speaker 4: He discounted it. He said it's regular season. You read it. He said regular season.
Speaker 3: But I'm but I'm also saying that the regular season does have some merit and matter. Now we know cowboys, the Cowboys, you know, the win fan in the playoffs. But you have to play well in the regular season to get yourself there, and then you look at last year's regular season threw all those interceptions. Okay, so he's improved this year. He's done his part. It's a totality. Maybe that's why I'm not saying it's a whole. We all look at the whole totality, but I know where the ultimately It's like in the NBA playoffs for years, le Brian, you can't win it. You know, That's what it looked at For Michael Jordan, it was like, you know what mean doing all his scoring, you can't win. So I get that part of it. But what he's done. We asked him all of us who you got to cut down on the picks? And right now he's twenty three touchdowns six interceptions. That I look at Josh Allen, who is leading the league in terms of touchdown pass He's got twenty four touchdown twelve thirteen thirteen picks including bumble.
Speaker 2: Two years in the road though, like he's right behind that last year.
Speaker 4: Maybe tired. I'm like that, that's who he is though, So like I don't just rick him over the cols every week. Every time you see him throw too, And I'm tired of talking about Josh Allen Thorn. And you know, as a defensive player, when you go out there and you play the Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Bills, that it is time to eat right. I'm going to try to pass it.
Speaker 4: As good as he is, you know that there's going to be an opportunity for you to go out there and get a turnover off for me. That is not the case with Dak Prescott usually year was that he was. That was the case.
Speaker 2: If you think about that.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of guys over there, like, hey, put me on whoever he throwing the balls?
Speaker 2: I ain't old y'ardough. Would you rather go against?
Speaker 5: If you're a defender, you're a defense would you rather try to defend Dak or Josh Allen?
Speaker 2: Dak? You rather try to defend that?
Speaker 5: Yet, Dak or Josh as a defender?
Speaker 4: Like, who's rather as a defender? As a defensive coordinator? I brother brother Josh Allen as a defender. If I'm a guy out there on the field, Josh Allen is a dude, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like man looking at it, like man, hold up, I got run.
Speaker 4: I gotta bring my shoulder pass with That's what I'm saying he brings a whole nother dimension. And look, I'm not I'm not into this bashion of Josh Allen. I know what kind of arm talent that he has. Just the fact that he's what you say, he's a turnover. She is. That's the thing, that's the that's the gift in the curse with him. But come on, let's just let's let's be real about this man. When we talk about the Dallas Cowboys right now, we're not even getting credit for being eight and three because to the teams that we beat, we're beating nobody's so allegedly, and so until we get to go against those teams with winning records, and it's Seattle one of those teams. Okay, one of those teams. So when you pull out a victory versus Seattle, that's one for you, you know, for your belt.
Speaker 2: You can notch that up.
Speaker 4: And then we know coming on coming after that, that's the big showdown that everybody's looking for. So I think that just already knows that he knows what you guys have already talked talked about.
Speaker 2: You were at a star.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna get into credit and you're gonna get all the blame. So for him and even this MVP talk man put that to a big win MVP of the Super Bowl, Dak, then.
Speaker 2: Look at you. Let's do that, you know what I So let's do that.
Speaker 4: It sounds like he forgot about the San Francisco game, which he should not. All right, there, you have motivation to continue to get better because you have not arrived yet. And Dak Prescott has always been a leader like that. I'm like, man, I know we ended issues, Okay, we know when when it comes time, like the game that really matters, that's what we have to show up at. We've been showing up against these teams and doing exactly what we're supposed to do. But when we get in that competition with the Eagles, forty nine Ers, the Lions later in the season of Seattle, Seattle Miami, those are the opportunities. When you go into that game and you come out with those type of stats. That's where everybody's sitting there saying, you know what.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you weren't not playing with the league like in those games you might have and then in Miami it might be a shootout.
Speaker 2: Like you look, that's a lot.
Speaker 5: Of speed on that side when you talk about Miami and then even in this game, this to me is gonna be the best defense they've played all year except for San Francisco.
Speaker 2: When you look at Siatle on all three levels. I'm talking about the d Lion.
Speaker 5: Leonard Williams coming in there from the Giants helps that interior to second level get a Hall of Famer, and Wagner Brooks is a beast. And in the secondary, which I think is a strength, you got three willand you got all these This is gonna be a heck of a challenge for Dallas Cowboys, you know, offensively, because I feel like three Willing matches up with Ceedee Lamb like this, I mean, long you run. This is gonna be a tough matchup, and I think it's the second best they've played since San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Then, the thing that scares me really about Seattle's they are a team that mimics their head coach. I mean old school guy. That mean they got an old school flair abottom. They play tough, you know what they're gonna bring, and they're not ever out completely out of a game. They're just gonna continue to battle. But man, this is a This is a good test. You know, this is a good test. And I think that's why Philadelphia is so intriguing because the last what four weeks, they've been playing halftime, they've been behind and they've had to pull out victories. And that's what you want to see from the Cowboys. That's what you want to see from Dak. Can't he lead them from behind to get the win?
Speaker 3: See, Ile's got three good receivers to absolutely they loaded.
Speaker 2: It's good. Look they're.
Speaker 3: It's not easy. I'll say it again, a second week in a row. While I didn't think Washington would be easy, it was easy. But Seattle is here comes at six and five, team, here comes a team winning record. So let's see. Let's see what the Cowboys do at home. They're very good at all.
Speaker 2: It's a twelve straight, thirteen straight. It's very good at at and T Stadium.
Speaker 3: And Mike McCarthy went out of his way after the Thanksgiving their game and praise the fans and the energy they brought here.
Speaker 2: So this is.
Speaker 3: Gonna be diff because you know, it's not a holiday, it's Thursday. Folks going to get off work and get on down there and and and fill up phill up the stadium. So I don't know if it will be an l a type crowd where people coming in a little late, but.
Speaker 4: They taking off Friday. If you go to the games, you're taking off taking off. I've never heard it like this, Like you you've been to a game this year.
Speaker 2: I have not been.
Speaker 5: It's never been as loud as it's been this year in that stadium. And we played here for years and every time we came in here it was kind of you know, it was it was cool, but it wasn't like you know, people was walking around in stilettos and like it was the club and everybody was, yeah it.
Speaker 2: Was That's how it was with you. That's how it was. Now you got you know, fansving that white flag.
Speaker 5: I mean it's it's a loud stadium now compared to what it was when when I was playing.
Speaker 2: You know it was when when it was it was a place to be seen.
Speaker 3: So when the lights so when American Airlines Center first came out, that was a place to be seen.
Speaker 2: That was like that was it, like you want to be seeing them Sunday.
Speaker 4: So that playoff year wasn't loud like that, not like years when you was here.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even in that home.
Speaker 4: Game for the playoffs, and fourteen we played Detroit, it was nowhere near as loud as it is. Man, wait a minute now, twenty sixteen, when y'all came back, When y'all came back, man that I hadn't heard a T and T stadium that loud when y'all, I mean the first half, y'all to give us no reason screens.
Speaker 2: When that second half once it got tied up, I mean, everybody woke up.
Speaker 4: But you're right, man, it's they're getting a home field advantage. And I think just the Dallas Cowboys fans know that we need a home field advantage for so long. Man, at and T is like a tourist spot. You know, if it's somebody we're not even interested in seeing other teams get the tickets and you show up, it's like dance more than here than it is us. Now, teams, now we're starting to understand. Look, we have to give our team that home field advantage, and it would be horrible if we didn't get.
Speaker 5: A home About the playoff game versus the Niners two years ago, here, I mean, I was it was a sea a red.
Speaker 2: And then when Pittsburgh came to town, you've seen terrible towels all over the place.
Speaker 3: Different Now it's no law under the tourist spot because it's changed.
Speaker 2: The tourist spot's changed.
Speaker 3: It's Vegas that's the tourist spot. That's the tourist spot. Now where you look on the schedule. Hey, let's go get that game. Because I remember when at and T first, when the back when the Cowboys say we first came out.
Speaker 2: I have friends like if we come in, we coming and that was a win. Is our team going to play there?
Speaker 3: And you know it took a while for certain teams to come through, cycle through, but yeah, that was the things that well, I got to go see the stadium, so people seem the stadium, but hey, it's cool. Let's take our first break. Shaq Leonard was in the building. Get all thoughts about the free agent linebacker.
Speaker 2: Who had Yeah, Buddy had lunch with the very very influential person.
Speaker 3: Let's chat about that nation Barry Church at Garrison Danny M. Krabnue Scruggsist Players Lounge brought to you by Tostitos on Dallascowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a poymaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 2: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 7: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 4: I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and SMOOTHI King wants.
Speaker 2: To ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 4: That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Issai or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Vernola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com, and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 6: There is no eye in Dallas. There is no eye in heart, either no eye in blue Star or a lone star for that matter, and there's no eye in how about them Cowboys? Smeirenough knows there's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 2: Home or away.
Speaker 6: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys. Fans smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 1: Back to the Players Lounge is the season for youth football at dance Campcers in it, buy in, visil line.
Speaker 4: Don't miss your chance to learn from the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders and former NFL players at and T Stadium on December twenty second and twenty third. Celebrate the holidays with the Cowboys. Registered today at Dallas Cowboys dot com Slash Camps. Come on out, man, y'all, I got nothing to say after that. That type of energy will be at the camp. I'm trying to remind you a second. We already got to agree with that. You get on that. I got to work on Saturday. Okay, Saturdays, I'm gonna do my camp. I'm going ahead and hey, hey, yeah, don't you start, don't you start?
Speaker 2: Go?
Speaker 3: We hate to see it for Dallas Cowboy Danny Crazy camps.
Speaker 9: Here.
Speaker 2: So man, signed up book, you know? Yeah? Filling up fast? Two three spots left? How many spots about team? About to get in there quick? You got you got a little church going. I'll be going that whole week passport.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Christmas roll, okay, I won't Sunday Christmas Plays Lounge runting by Tostito's Danny mcraye.
Speaker 3: Heck Maharrison Berry Church, I am merely knew he Scruggs. So Shaq Leonard was in the building today. The former Indianapolis colt, now free agent, is a meeting with the Cowboys, has a meeting schedule with Philadelphia. Mike McCarthy went asked during the noon hour of his press conference that there was nothing to report. Jerry Jones said he was going to have lunch with Leonard today, and that's always a good sign when when Jerry sits down chats with you. So you got that going on there. But he's come, he's gone. Dan Quayn apparently wants to have him on the defense. And if you shack Leonard, look at Cowboys linebacker spot, you can see yourself getting some playing town.
Speaker 2: A lot, a lot of play.
Speaker 5: And it ain't it ain't like he's gonna have to be in my opinion, least, he adn't gonna have to be a three down linebacker.
Speaker 2: He can be that.
Speaker 5: He can be that, but I don't think he has to be especially with the player of Marque's bell. You throw him in there on third downs passing situations, he can guard those tight ends running back, So I think you know you're saving his body as far as Marky's belt in the box.
Speaker 2: But then you got a.
Speaker 5: Guy like Shaq Leonard that can come in there. He can play the run. He's all pro for a reason. He could play the run. He can play all that good stuff. So to me, I don't see why not. You know, if he's healthy and everything's you know. I don't know is that he had a contract with him or he once you clear waivers, you can, man, why not bring him on in?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Deal? Ja, Yeah, I feel the same. I think.
Speaker 4: I think when we were talking about the trade deadline, I was talking about defensive line and Church mentioned linebackers, and you didn't have an opportunity to go get one. You got an opportunity right now to get a guy seems like pretty and then he will also have the opportunity to step in because LV is not coming back, Marquis Bell is playing well. But you still know that when you get into these games with these physical teams, they are going to try to run the ball on you, and it would not hurt you to have a guy who is a proven player, run stopper to be in there.
Speaker 2: On your defense.
Speaker 4: And if dan Quinn is vouching for him and says he wants them, then you know, I'm all in on him. It is, you know, my only take on this. And you guys talked about his physical abilities and what he's done. He's twenty eight years old, he's a guy that's known to stop the run. But I'm gonna say this, guys, I don't want him to use us as a bargaining chip on down the road. You know, if you go, if you're gonna, you came here, you visit, stay, you know where you want to go. And it's a business. It's a business, and I respect the business aspect of it. But on the flip side, I know that he's gonna bargain. He's gonna highest bidder, you know, And don't use us against somebody else, like look, man, you know you want to be here.
Speaker 2: Come on, it's a business. But forget the Jerry took me to lunch. What you gonta do? Is that what to sound like?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, forget the business man.
Speaker 2: Take that man now stands to the Cowboy club.
Speaker 3: Get it right, man, don't do this like Odell even out here.
Speaker 2: So don't even that didn't happen, like did you go to a Mavericks game the night they will be remember he did that mass man.
Speaker 3: They had a whole bunch of need following like I didn't go in the old situation like Calva Walkers Clarens and then the old dude running around there.
Speaker 2: With the video what do you think? How is it?
Speaker 3: And your boy was, you know, drinking it all up, like you don't want this, you don't want this year.
Speaker 2: Man's celebrity. You want to celebrity game Brown, take it up. You're covering the own one and hold on talking about it.
Speaker 3: He wasn't worth the circus, okay he was. No, I've been through it with the player. Okay, he wasn't even the player. The player, the player actually.
Speaker 4: Produced the guy. Yeah you know the guy. I Knowdell. He ain't worth eighteen million right now. But the boy looked good. It looks like he's on his way back. So I gart Jared right, he should know. He was tripling now. Garrett was tripping on if you read social a lot, ye don't get him started, bro, Yeah.
Speaker 6: You got.
Speaker 4: Come on, can agitated to take He's a trigger man.
Speaker 2: They followed Odell around with you're still all right right now, I.
Speaker 3: Ain't blowing nothing up yet, so.
Speaker 2: You know what up? Yes, y'all, So shack Leonard Man.
Speaker 4: It's just one of those It's one of those guys that we talked about before the season that that was the question mark over the lineback and coreps. But I think Damon Clark and now with Rashaan Evans, you're seeing the linebacker group start to play so much better. And also with Marquis Bell. But y'all keep on it out. I mean, y'all keep recycling the same thing like Heyo, they picking on fourteen because you say they finding them, And I think with that dimension of bringing in Leonard, he changes all of that because then that rotation includes a guy that can step up, especially versus the forty nine ers in the way that they run scheme.
Speaker 2: Was until you were bringing them for boom, you got.
Speaker 4: To Yeah, the ten, twelve and twenty one person there, like Markus Bell, is not gonna go to the bench or anything like that. He still gonna get a lot of playing time. It's just there are certain instances in the game where you need some heavy hitters to come in there with a little weight on them because them offensive tackles. They seem to be getting off a little bit. So you need a guy who can get in there. Shocking, shocking, shocking.
Speaker 2: Extend shout out to Mistical thirty two.
Speaker 4: Hey, I know y'all see this dude on social media, the mistical thirty dude who he fund?
Speaker 2: Did? You were supposed to last one? But uh yeah you go ahead?
Speaker 4: Go ahead? Yeah, go ahead, go ahead, go ahead. He's trying to focus.
Speaker 2: Go ahead. I saw it on his face. I ain't gonna finish as go ahead. I got thinking this laugh man, man, I'm good.
Speaker 3: Dog team good good.
Speaker 2: Let's go there.
Speaker 3: Dog team is good. Got you need to take another break, bro, Let's take a break. Yeah, let's take a break.
Speaker 2: Break right here, playing last that podcast.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com. Slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 4: I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool III or Ptaya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors. Only at Smoothe the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 2: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 7: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liptball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 9: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 2: Snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 9: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 9: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: You wait for it.
Speaker 9: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 2: Back to the players.
Speaker 4: Lounge experience the most electrifying event of the holiday season, Cowboy Christmas Extravaganza prop powered by Reliant. Every Friday and Saturday night from November seventeenth through December sixteenth, Cowboy Christmas Extravaganza ignites the Star in Frisco with an unforgettable holiday performance showcasing sixty five performers, including the world renowned Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders Santa Claus, and appearances from your favorite Dallas Cowboy heroes. Visit the Star District dot com slash for more information.
Speaker 3: All right, Heck Harrison, appreciate you all right, players lounges. What you're listening to? Brought to you by Tostitos, Danny Kray, Heck Maharrison, Burry Church. I knew he Scruggs. All right, cow Eagles face the Niners. Niners can do the Cowboys a favor by winning. Vegas has the forty nine Ers as a three point favorite at the Link this.
Speaker 5: Week, and that's surprising. Usually the home team and get the three points. It's a ten to one team.
Speaker 2: I mean, forty nine ers they good, they real good. But eight and three, man, they came back, they came back healthy.
Speaker 4: I think it's a little difficult just because how the Eagles have been playing in the first half. Eventually they gonna get yeah, yeah, So eventually they gonna get got.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna be a hell of a game. I'm sure that was.
Speaker 4: A hard one to pick because it probably was man and just having to watch study up on Seattle and watching them versus forty nineer system, it's the nightmare relive, bro It's just reliving the trauma all over again.
Speaker 2: It's that run system like all this stuff.
Speaker 4: It confuses, the confuses Debo Deebo's back running and then and then all of a sudden, brock Purty can have a four touchdown game, not like Sam Howard where it could just the bottom fall out, but all of a sudden, brock Perty can get in there look.
Speaker 2: Like a guy.
Speaker 4: So is he not an MVP conversation because yeah, he had a couple of weeks where you was like you got found out throwing them big routes. He's still he still can, he still can make a push for it, and I think it's not over with. And especially versus Philadelphia, that secondary is worn out.
Speaker 2: Bro you can talking about it. Yeah, it's you know, see Dustyle he was handling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was standing on it right, And it's one of those This is gonna be one of those games, especially for like a guy like Debo that's like kind of taking a step back because of the injuries and all like, he's definitely wanting to be a big factor in this game.
Speaker 2: And so I mean, and for both of these.
Speaker 4: Squads, I'm sure for uh Philadelphia, this is the man. We're gonna prove it that we'll do it to you again, even with your quarterback, because that was the main thing that the forty nine Ers was throwing into it. Our quarterback, I heard, So we couldn't we couldn't do anything. So you know, here's the rematch credited. Let's let's go.
Speaker 3: He's got two games coming up down this stretch here where I think he can make this this MVP push for himself. Obviously, he got the Eagles game coming up, and then after they face the Seahawks and Cardinals, they get the Ravens Christmas Night national game on on on ABC Monday Night Football. So if you go up against these two teams who have good defenses, and you're able to go out here and you know, show out, I think that's going to be what you need. And I do believe playing these games on national TV help you out, and you know, playing for the forty nine ers, you don't always get that. So he's about to be able to get to put himself with the spotlight.
Speaker 4: Scary thing about Philadelphia is do we think we've seen them play their best football yet?
Speaker 2: Because I don't. I don't think. I don't think we have. I'll continue to say this, I think this is what they are.
Speaker 3: And that was the next percent. But what if this is who they are? Maybe it's and we're thinking and judging them off last year's team and they're not last year's team.
Speaker 4: I mean, the only place that they're different is obviously they lost running backs. They still their offensive line is still in check, you know, not healthy, not healthy albeit, but I think they still represent the same components. To me, when I look at Jalen Hurts, he's just playing in his system that Taylor made for him. That first half was abysmal. It looked like, man, he was a shell of himself. And then he comes out in the second half and he balls out because the offense gives him an opportunity to be a playmaker.
Speaker 2: And no matter how.
Speaker 4: Good San Francisco's defense is, once Philadelphia gets inside of the forty, it becomes the Jalen Hurts Show because then you have so much else to worry about. You can you can spy him with Fred Warner all you want to, and he'll still figure out a way to beat Fred Warner to the edge. It's just one of those things that you see them playing. He's playing in the system that Taylor made for him.
Speaker 2: Jalen Hurts doing this thing. I do worry.
Speaker 4: Don't you lean over here and me don't do that.
Speaker 2: Just give him You know what I'm saying. I guess did then knocked.
Speaker 4: The battle a little bit system because it's a system tailor made for the guys.
Speaker 2: Guy playing the system, tailor made for.
Speaker 4: The guys playing good football, throwing and running, running the ball. And even when he starts the game off as a shell of himself, three of Alanda thirty three yards when it's when it's time to turn, and how the end that game a winner?
Speaker 2: How many touchdowns? Like so, you tell me did that?
Speaker 6: Five?
Speaker 2: He did that and a half and over time?
Speaker 4: I mean, goodness, Grace, you're talking about.
Speaker 3: The worry I have for shock Leaders if he gets up there to Philadelphia. Is that the conversation with Jalen Jalen Hurts and just his ability to recruit as well.
Speaker 4: They didn't go to Super Bowl last year because you know, you're looking for a contender and right now you've got two contenders that you're visiting.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean, I hope he comes over here.
Speaker 3: But you know, we see Jalen Hurts in the Mega Man shot Litter Maga Man had that kind of talk like that, and.
Speaker 2: That's how y'all do it? Huh could could go that way.
Speaker 3: Let's Jerry right now, you know does his thing?
Speaker 4: Well, you need to go have a conversation, you and Derek and uh who else.
Speaker 2: We weren't invited to lunch was Brady James at lunch? Al y'all need a Q counsel hopefully Harold Nash back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get the good brus together, Jerry. Look, Jerry can close now you know how to close, and so hopefully he does. But I would, I would highly if you like him, I highly recommend you don't.
Speaker 2: Let him get on that plane. Ahead, don't let him, don't let him, can't.
Speaker 3: Go, don't let jail Hurst talk to him, because okay, be strong that the force is strong.
Speaker 5: What do you say he never lost a player that he wanted or something, Jerry, And he's like, I ain't never lost a player I wanted.
Speaker 2: So I mean, look this that I would be tempted.
Speaker 4: I would be tempted to man, I would be tempted to make make that offer for him, especially knowing that l V you don't know what the future is. Would you've been being able to get a guy like this man, that would be pretty good?
Speaker 2: It would it would compete with that state y'all leave Randy alone, you know doing this thing. They leaving Randy alone alone games?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and they ship him about it and is going to Winter Street. H Russell Wilson playoffs that amazing laughing stocks of the first three first three games of the season.
Speaker 2: Were sitting there like man like Walmart made a mess mess seventy points. But no, look, Grandy Gregor, shouldn't the credit also be given to Sean Payton?
Speaker 4: Yes, your coach, But we were talking about him too. We were sitting y'all thought was gonna fix it. He wanted to talk.
Speaker 2: Can't fix Russ. I'm about Hackett and all that. Now you he's done.
Speaker 3: He's done a fantastic job of Michael Lombardi talks about Apollo thirteen. I know you guys ain't watched the movie.
Speaker 2: I have no idea the spaceship movie. Yeah, I saw that way back when though. Okay, well, I.
Speaker 3: Mean they coming in, they dropped the parts and they say, we gotta make We got to take this and make it into this with this and put all the parts up there and they have to figure outw to get him back home. And that's what Sean Payton has done. It's like, okay, I got to take this, let's right and put it in with that. And so far they've made it work. And that's what he's done as a coach. And that's what good coaches do. They figure out, Okay, what are the strengths. Because Russ still has his issues. He's covered up the warts. That's what he's done. A great job. He's covering up the warts in Denver and they're playing good football right now. They are they unlike your boy Brandon Staley, they have actually found themselves competing.
Speaker 2: In the AFC West.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna give no credit to Russ. I gona give a lot of turn around nor I think Russe has been playing. He'saying with it. He's been playing within himself. He ain't let Russ beat in. He ain't let Russ.
Speaker 4: They've gotten better over I'm saying cooking though, all of a sudden, thank you.
Speaker 2: That's why.
Speaker 4: That's exactly the point that I was gonna make. I think Russ has kind of figured out. Man, I got some weapons for real in Courtland Sutton, and he's using them. I think, man, before it just looked like those first couple of games, Russ was just now he was late with the ball.
Speaker 2: Uh, And now you see all of that changing.
Speaker 4: They're also getting the running game involved, which is a pivotal part of your passing game. So look, Sean Payton, as much as we talked about him in the year's past on Mike's neck, know he is showing that he's that dude. Take guess how many passes Russ completed thirteen thirteen twenty two for one hundred and thirty four yards. He ain't letting him come, just saying he ain't letting Russ cook. They ain't doing this because of Russ. He's a numbing team Russ. And he's like, you're not gonna beat me Russ. This ain't Drew Brees said, are you not going to give him any Russ has made some big time plays, It's a big time moment.
Speaker 3: Russ has played well, but I'm telling you, I just believe that Sean Payton is making him play within his system.
Speaker 2: That's what.
Speaker 4: No credit, like rusting it like Bobby Fla. He said, credit us get some credit. He gets some credit. I watched I watched the Broncos games. Now, how about that your quarterback takes.
Speaker 2: I can't trust you on that. Man, like Herber's trash, they're going miss the playoff. Everybody gonna get he on the priority list. He probably like fifth. I'm just saying abouty get fired. Oh yeah, all yeah, you couldn't say killing one and done. Boy, wonder it's looking like it. It's looking like it. Come on, you can't.
Speaker 3: Staley is now worse than Anthony Lynn when they got rid of Anthony Lynn. Oh you can't win close games. You're charging you're charging up, and they're doing this.
Speaker 2: They're worse. He's still there, worse. How are you still there? All that talent?
Speaker 5: They got the highest, the highest defensive rids of defense trash to be a defensive coach defense trad he's that man.
Speaker 3: Everybody thought because they defense played well last the last two games.
Speaker 4: They scored three points at the first We said in Washington game, like where is did.
Speaker 2: You did you look at the previous eleven games. Defense was horrible, terrible. That's why I started, Lamar said. I said, I wasn't starting them all season.
Speaker 4: They played the charges I figured out I got.
Speaker 2: I still won that game though, and other league.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's just made know Mike McCarthy real good. Look like Mike exactly what he was doing, man, exactly what he's doing.
Speaker 4: I compare that to how Russe and Denver and them looked and at the beginning of the season to where uh, Dak and McCarthy and Dack said he had to figure out the offense. Now he feels comfortable in the offense. I think, not as good as Dak has been playing. But I think you see that same thing happening with Denver. But I think the sky is the limit for us if we continue to get everybody involved to Super Bowl wedding.
Speaker 2: Head coaches know what to call plays you're talking about versus you guy, the guy who yo, y'all cool with the people that they put the Cowboys played against. It's just like no click, no no, no, no, no no no, because.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm just saying I want to see what happens the next five But that's come on, there's certain there's certain aspects about it that it does boil down to execution, right, I mean, and you have seen them clean up a lot of those things that they were doing and starting slow.
Speaker 2: They're not starting slow.
Speaker 5: The penalties aren't, you know, adding up against them. So that's that's kudos to the team and Mike McCarthy. But you still got to take a look at who they've played against.
Speaker 2: Are the top three top three? And what record with NFC teams? Yes, yes, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Whose Detroit three and four? With Detroit three or four, it's like even after you wow, so you got I'm just throwing Detroit. You got Philly, friend, Yeah, those are legit. They beat them, and y'all just this is no question that the better than Detroit.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I'm not, y'all know.
Speaker 4: Let me say it for the record. Hell yeah, we better than you want to hell yeh yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, better than Troit. Okay, yeah, we'll see. I'm like, it's like, we'll see. Come on, Detroit has played some things.
Speaker 5: They got blown out by, they got beaten back, they.
Speaker 2: Got drilled it home by Green Bay on thanks.
Speaker 3: They loved about seven Man that they came out Jason Garret Spec Dream Band came out there with swap inside their head. They came back again and then unlike the week before where they came and escape, they wasn't no escape this.
Speaker 4: I'm blamed that on the Jack Hallow performance, Heads and Tails above Detroit.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's a lot of pride talking.
Speaker 4: Like I'm not I'm not going. I'm telling you our defense has been better than detroits for years. I mean they're just now getting that, so, I mean we've been used to them sucking and now that they look good, we just want to give it to them.
Speaker 2: I'm just no bro, you see it and heck man, you get the last word. We appreciate that. That's a fun show. It's been right here. Danny McCray, Heck Harrison, Barry Churched our news, Yes, run.
Speaker 3: Wait all right, playing Slauds Brought to you by Tostinos Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.