Speaker 1: Not doing it. Uh.
Speaker 2: I have one word for.
Speaker 3: You, relax. R E l a X. Geez, relax.
Speaker 1: Don't use that one anymore.
Speaker 2: Dude, you are the epitome of I don't know how you survive in life. You are. You need to calm down.
Speaker 1: I thought you're gonna go with the R word again. Ray, you are a re no.
Speaker 2: I said you need to relax. R E l a X. I have never met someone. And I know we've talked about it with the parking and this and that and how you worry. But this week has been a whole new level lunch. We're not gonna We're not gonna be able to do one pot. I've got to train Kevin. I've got to do this. I've got and if something goes wrong next week, it's all my fault.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: You realize, you realize we're gonna be on a cruise ship. Your responsibility is to be on the cruise ship. You can't control the mothership. You can't control what goes on here. If something happens here, it's not your fault.
Speaker 1: Okay. But anyways, a good chef always leaves his Sioux chefs with almost prepared food. And that's what I'm trying to do for my team, for the boys in the back.
Speaker 2: I understand the boys in the back and having it set up nicely, but you have talked about like, oh next week, man, I'm just gonna be sitting there in that room and if something goes wrong, like what am I gonna do? Like, it's not your responsibility. I just want you to be able to relax. Like the high strongness of your lifestyle makes me feel bad for you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, man, thank you, But but here we are what added responsibilities if you had no.
Speaker 2: No, I don't have any added responsibilities.
Speaker 1: It's like usually I mean, I just say I always tell my wife like I'm stretched decently thin with the show. It ebbs and flows. Back in the day, I was stretched so thin I wanted to quit every Monday. Now we're pretty well oiled, like we're greased, and I have a team. I used to do every piece of audio that ever went on air outside of somebody's voice, which is insane. Now there's a team of about five of us, correct wild I mean, I wanted to quit so many times. Now I'm to a place where I don't want to quit, but I'm still like just imagine kids, you got a peanut butter and jelly, and you're running out of that peanut butter, but you're still trying to stretch that peanut butter all over the bread. Stretch pretty thin, so that then add more bread. Now you're not even just putting that peanut butter on one piece of bread. You're doing a whole Italian baguette. So imagine how thin that peanut butter is stretched. And that's me the week before the cruise, just trying to help the boys in the back. Man, I mean, I've already gotten a fight with my wife, So I mean I'm at a point now where you can criticize me. No, no, no, you can say that. My wife can say what she needs to say. Only I will understand what I go through, just like our truck drivers. A lot of wizards never gonna understand what you do. Our farmers, come on, bankers are never gonna understand what you do. The hr women and men. Nobody's gonna understand that. A firefighter, what you guys see on a daily basis, nobody's gonna understand it, but you. And I'm fine. I can die on that hill. Nobody will understand my life but me and I'll hang up and listen. Ray, I was poignant.
Speaker 2: No, I'll take a break. I gotta be honest. It was very well said, it was elegant, it was very like the articulated well, I just, man, the stress you have for just that. I feel bad. I feel bad that I don't have that. And it's because I mean, honestly, I don't have that many responsibilities. But if I'm gone, I'm not thinking, Man, if something goes wrong, it's my fault. I'm like, I'm gone, ain't my fault. Now, you guys deal with that. But we're just You're just different, and it's okay. It's not bad. It's just man, I was worried about you. I was worried about doing the pod. I felt like, oh my gosh, maybe we shouldn't do the pod because Ray is stressed out. But here we are. We got our pods in. The listeners are happy and as they're downloading this, as they're downloading this or listening to this on their lunch break, we're getting on a freaking ship. Yeah, we're balls deep. We are going to be on the Santa Pinta or the Santa Maria. I don't know what it's called if it has a name or if it's just big ship. They all have different names.
Speaker 1: You got me. When you're going on a cruise, that's the last thing you look at is the name of the boat. But what I will say is, I'm bringing a beer from the hotel. I'm gonna smash it on that cruise ship. Isn't that what you're supposed to do when a boat set sail, you smash it on the whole? Oh for good luck, captain's get this guy up here? Hey, who's that guy?
Speaker 2: Get him out of here. We don't have that crap right. It's like, oh man.
Speaker 1: You know, captains don't have fun. We're we got all these radio jokers that are supposed to laugh and have fun, and captains are always serious from what I see on below deck. They cause they're they're in charge of the ship.
Speaker 2: They have a big responsibility.
Speaker 1: Ray, what a hell of a metaphor, similar to what you talked about earlier.
Speaker 2: So my question is how long does the captain drive the boat? Is it like is it like a normal job where they do eight hour shifts? Are they on twelve hour shifts? How does that work? Well, they're big day. I'm going to just go from below deck. So I actually kind of know a little bit of the matter.
Speaker 1: Is when they when they're it's a what is it called, it's a watered at sea? At sea is what would our schedules like boom one day at a port, captain does nothing. At sea, Captain's driving the boat for twelve hours at port, captain's chilling for twelve hours. At sea, Captain's balling out for twelve hours looking for those rogue waves.
Speaker 2: Also, how do you become a captain of that big of a boat, Like do you start like, oh, I'm gonna do a little ferry and then you pass those tests and the ferry people are like, hey man, we got this guy down here. He could be really good on a cruise ship.
Speaker 1: We'll have the answer.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: So on below deck it's called not the orman. I watched the show so passively, but it's the crew right. No, No, the I watch it so passively. The I'll know it. I'll come up with it. They're outside crew. The inside is the interior. That's the girls, and then the guys are the The boson is the top one. But his crew, I guess it's just deck team. There you go, So deck t is like cleaning the boat. Well, then the top cleaner of the boat is the bosin, So then the bosin's starting to have managerial skills. Then the bosin a couple of times says, hey, captain, what if I drive it into port? And so then the boason learns how to back the boat into port. The bosin at night learns how to read the weather, read the waves. The Bosin's learning all this crap, and then the captain's like, hey, here's the rains. You can do this, you can port, which ports very difficult, especially in the Mediterranean, especially near Australia because there's a lot of boats. But they start to learn that, and then once you get that experience, then there's probably some sort of a school you go to and then you're good. But it's literally starting as a person cleaning the boat and then just asking the person above you, Hey, what if I touch the wheel today, what if I touch it for a little bit longer, what if I tug on it today? Stuff like that, and I'll hang up and listen.
Speaker 2: That gives me new insights. So will we ever see the captain of the boat or no?
Speaker 1: The I know on the yachts the captain is exclusive and elusive.
Speaker 4: The captain will.
Speaker 1: Do their thing and they'll come for one meal, and that's only if the guests request it. Otherwise, the only time you meet the captain is at the very beginning, You shake their hand, get on, and never see them again until you get off. Oh maybe that's the case. This this is also a cruised on a yacht. Probably completely different, right.
Speaker 2: I just wondered if, like, when we go to the dining hall, is the captain gonna be sitting there eating breakfast the dining hall or do they have a separate quarters for all the people working on the ship.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for sure. You'll never see any of the workers when they're not I mean, the workers are meant to not be there, not to be seen.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: So the deck team boom, they're working secretly, they're gliding, they're cleaning. The guys clean the boat. They'll be cleaning at four am. You ain't gonna seen them when the sun's up. They ain't gonna be cleaning stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Huh. All right, Well, I will say that you look tanned, dude. That was the goal. You look tan like I see you this morning. I'm like that dude's been tanning.
Speaker 1: That was the goal, because I've done it before. Two thousand and nine, I want to say, went on a cruise with my buddies, white as a ghost because I had been wintertime. We went maybe in January. Yeah, it was right after I first got hired at the sports station, right before I met the Bobby Bone Show. And we went on a cruise and I was pale, hadn't been outside.
Speaker 4: I'd just been wondering what the hell is going to do with my life?
Speaker 1: And we went on a cruise and I got so sunburned in Cabo San Lucas. It wasn't Cabo. We went to Carlos and Charlie's in Roatan, Honduras. What's the other one, Oh, Cozumel, Cozumel. Yep, got sunburned, his crap, had to wear long sleeve. It was brutal. And from that day forward, I made a pledge to myself, if I'm ever going to go to a place that's sunny, I need to make sure that I prepare my skin properly, because that sunburn ain't worth it. Putting on all that has to be more cancer inducing than to be tan in a tanning bed. I'm sorry, I'll hang up and listen. My name is Ben and I and in it my name is Paul.
Speaker 4: It's up to y'all.
Speaker 2: So you got a base tan, so you don't sunburn.
Speaker 1: We go to Carlos and Charlie's and I mean, probably the hottest girls ever. They're all from Indiana. Little did they know in fifteen years that win a national championship in football. My buddy's there, he's all tan. What's up all as Indiana people? I get off this j We're in a jeep chilling in Cabo Sand, not Cabo in a jeep going to Carlos and Charlie's and Kazumel and I'm so sunburned. I get off at Carlos and Charlie's. I'm We're in long sleeve long pants. I got like a hat on hiding my face. The most beautiful place on the planet, and I'm a crab. I couldn't even drink. I was such a crab. And I said, never again, I'm making this pledge. Never again.
Speaker 2: Did the indie and a girl say, what's wrong with your friend?
Speaker 1: Everybody?
Speaker 4: I mean, they're like great personality. What's his name?
Speaker 1: Lobby?
Speaker 2: I mean Hey, lobster. Hey is there.
Speaker 1: Any marine life?
Speaker 2: I see a lobster.
Speaker 1: I'm not even enjoying the jokes because I was so sunburned. I'm like sitting in the shade, so mad at myself, so much remorse, regret everything. And I said, that's it, that's it. I'll always be ten when I go in the sun. So there you go. This is the end result of all that learning. Lesson.
Speaker 2: Dude, I have the same thing. We went to Florida one time, my wife and I. Her uncle had passed away, so we went down for his funeral. Whoa pause, rest in peace, and so we were celebrating on, you know, his life on the beach. I afterwards, we went to the beach. That's where he loved to go, was the beach. And it was probably February, and we weren't getting in the water, but we were just sitting on the beach and I wasn't thinking much of it. Well, I'm gonna tell you what. The tops of my feet got so dang sunburned. It hurt to put on shoes for at least a week. Really, it was so bad. And I will never forget that lesson in life that I always always now put the sunscreen on the top of my feet. Always you have to learn the hard way. But we were just sitting there for hours having drinks on the beach, and no one bothered to tell me, Hey, you might want to cover up your feet. They get sunburned really easily. These people are from Florida. Come on, now, they all grew up on the beach. Tell me that my foot is the part that's gonna get sunburned the fastest, because I mean, I was in so much pain. It hurts so freaking bad. If you've ever had the top of your feet sunburned, you can't wear anything.
Speaker 4: And this just remind me.
Speaker 1: You know how I told you have comfy shoes because your feet. Bro, I can't stress it enough. I forgot to tell you because you said people don't warn you about the sun, and we need to tell people. We need to give advice. You're gonna do so much walking because the boat's massive and on length and getting to port and get you do so much walking. I forget on the last crews I went two years ago. Dude, I was getting cramps in my achilles, like I almost pulled a Halliburton. Because you're doing so much walking. So those sandals that you've never worn before, dude, you gotta just throw them away. I don't even want you to wear them because unless you have something broken in, don't even take it out of your suitcase. You thought you were sore on the top of your feet, bro, your achilles is gonna be crying day two. It's gonna um taed um ta. Kyrie's not coming back from that well his was acl Oh so, so I'm just telling you you're gonna do so. You don't realize how much walking you do on a ship because they're massive massive. Just going to the damn port is a mile, but the dock is half a mile. The dock forever. You walk on the dock for hours, You walk on the boat and then you're like, oh, I gotta go to my room.
Speaker 4: Here's another hour.
Speaker 1: Then you actually get to the port and you got to get to the transportation. That's another half mile. You walk so much on a cruise. Oh maybe not Key Wes though, Top Dog said that Key West is like right there. Like when the ship pulls up, you basically get off and there's a marguerita waiting for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, not to scare you, though, man, yeah, man, you're starting You're starting to make me rethink these whole sandal plants. You're starting to make me think that the sandal purchase was a bad idea because I couldn't roll with the slides. I'm telling you, but now you're really making me think sandals should just stay at home.
Speaker 1: I looked myself in the mirror and I said, homie, what are your two most comfious things that you put on your feet ever? And those are both the shoes that I brought. I said, I don't care what they look like. They're the comfiest. They're freaking clouds. That's what I'm bringing. I'd call me a unk. I'm gonna be comfy because I know how much walking you do.
Speaker 2: So you're telling me when we're hosting stuff in Vino me, Vin to me, is that right?
Speaker 1: Vin? To me?
Speaker 2: It sounds right? Then I should be wearing ten of shoes. But what if it's on the beach, it won't be.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be on a stage, you're gonna be in that pool area. You don't need sandals. The sandals are really just for the beach guy. I'm telling you, and Beimini, it's gonna be the same thing I went to and there's not a lot of beach and there's so many beach chairs. Not even a lot of people went down there now. No, no, I'm thinking I see it right now. Not a lot of people went down there. The only thing sandals are for is just beachs. You don't get sand in your shoes.
Speaker 2: All right, got it? Should we start the show?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Man, start it started. Beach guy, big beach guy.
Speaker 2: I'm just throwing them overboard. Sandals are going overboard.
Speaker 1: Man, We're gonna do it live.
Speaker 2: Oh the one, two three?
Speaker 1: So loser? What up? Everybody?
Speaker 2: I am lunchbox. I know the most about sports, so I'll give you the sports facts, my sports opinions because I'm pretty much a sports genius.
Speaker 1: Y'all had sis in Alpha Male, Live North Side and Nashville Bazer, two point three Acres, two Kids, Vandy Defrosting, heading on a cruise. I'm on a boat. I'm on a boat, mother effort. I'm on a boat.
Speaker 2: Over to you, man, Yeah, man, this boat's gonna be awesome. We're about to get on this boat and you say it's gonna be a mile to my room, and I'm probably gonna get lost all over this ship, aren't I You.
Speaker 1: Get lost, there will be a nook and cranny that you don't even see. It's that dang big We'll take a break, get lost your go with directions. Yeah, it was the last day I was on the boat, and I was like, that's right, so the restaurant, I could have just made a right and gone up those stairs and it would have saved me twenty minutes.
Speaker 4: Got it, Glad. I realized that on the second to last day.
Speaker 1: You will walk around and around stairs, left right room. Imagine the Titanic. Dude, that thing ever floods were screwed. You can't find yourself off a cruise ship.
Speaker 2: That is one of my biggest fears is not being able to see the land because I want to be able to swim to the shore if we we something happens, and I understand I'm probably not gonna be able to swim to the shore because it's a long ways away and I'm not that good of a swimmer, But I want that feeling in my I'm in in my gut of okay, I can make it to shore if I need to.
Speaker 4: Did you bring dramamine and stuff?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, becuz I know that you're responsible and we're gonna be doing stuff for the bo Joe. Don't drink too much because you don't really feel the boat. You don't really feel the boat at all until you've had one too many. Then all of a sudden, you feel that boat when you're trying to sleep at night and she's rocking. So do not overdrink. And let's just hope there's not some nor' easter rolling through.
Speaker 4: My question?
Speaker 2: Do you sleep with it? Can you sleep with a window open?
Speaker 4: See?
Speaker 1: That was great advice I got after the fact. People said they do that so you can actually hear the wall. It'll probably be cold because I in this time of the year, I think with the winds and stuff. But I've heard people say they'll actually sleep on the patio. They'll put the.
Speaker 2: No no, no I am doing.
Speaker 4: That's too scary, Maybe it's TikTok.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't believe it. Somebody said they take their mattress and put it on the patio and sleep out there with the ocean every night.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't think I'll do that.
Speaker 1: Like the reason we couldn't do that it turned off the air conditioner. Ah, that's how they keep you from doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that that freaks me out. I don't want to be like I'm a little nervous to go out on the little patio or whatever because I'm worried about going over Like I don't want to get near the edge. Because you read the news stories. Oh, this verson fell overboard and that is my I don't understand how that happens. Like most of the time, do you think do they jump or is it really an accident where they fall overboard?
Speaker 1: I would say fifty percent of the time they fall. Because you're talking about your room, I would say, there's maybe one more bar in your room, but it's still pretty open. It's not Vegas where they don't let you go on the balcony. I mean it is open. Then you go to the top deck. It is windier and there is about I would never take a kid on the top deck. There is two bars protecting you from going overboard, and you're dealing with twenty mile an hour winds. But why do you want to go up there? Yeah, you didn't hear this from me. It will blow the chick's stresses up.
Speaker 2: Oh, I will say. People always say, oh, have you taken your kids on a Disney cruise, No chance. I can't imagine trying to keep them off the railings, the bars near the edge. They like to climb on everything. I don't know if I would be able to r E La X the entire week.
Speaker 1: That would be terrifying with kids, because I was just dealing with myself and Baser and you're moving around, You're wobbling, she's trying to hold her dress. You got girls thongs all over the place. It's thong center on the top deck at night, windy, and then you just hold onto the bar and you're like, wow, I mean, I could easily see somebody going overboard right now on this ship.
Speaker 4: How is this allowed?
Speaker 1: It's it's crazy you bring that up because you think that every time when you go on the top deck at night, they should probably not allow this.
Speaker 2: Oh man, yeah see.
Speaker 1: Oh but right, you told me a girl's songs.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, I mean I'm never gonna go to the top deck at night, you know what I mean, just every single night, probably I'll be there. May happen, you know, if I get lost and I happen to be up there. That's the only reason I'd be up there.
Speaker 1: But there's a reason. It's the most beautiful thing you've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Oh, the wide open ocean.
Speaker 4: Right, you're staying on the skirts.
Speaker 1: You look out and you see the moon and it reflects on the water, and you going through that water. They call it, they call it, they call it, they call it ethereal. What it is almost ethereal from another universe. So that's why you do it.
Speaker 2: That's a big word, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'll think it when you see it because you can't see it on land. You can only see it when you're in the middle of the ocean, and that moment in time, you're like, wow, it's almost like kennym me, I'm giving you good advice, man.
Speaker 2: No, I really appreciate it. Man. I mean you're giving me good advice. Because one week ago I went to a birthday party. Ah, this neighbor, his wife's turning. I don't know how she was turning, maybe thirty nine, I don't really know. And he's like, we're gonna go out to dinner. I got reservations. Who's all in and two other kids, so it's them, another couple and me and my wife. So there are six of us. He's like, all right, great, I'm gonna drive you know what I mean. It's this place you know over here. I've wanted to try it. She's gonna really like it. It has some nice wine. She loves wine. I'm like, all right, it's a French restaurant. Notugh about her, what about me? I'm like, all right, cool man, let's go. So he picks us up and we drive over the restaurant. We get inside. I mean, the restaurant is about as big as this room the good ones are And I'm like okay. And it's in a strip center right next to the gas station. You can get diesel, or you can get a bottle of wine, a script center, script center. And so we walk in really nicely decorated, very cool looking, like wow, this is awesome. And they're like, oh, do you have a reservation, Like yeah, we got a reservation. Okay, Well, right now we're a little full. We got this fore top. We can squeeze all six of you guys on this foretop and then when another table opens up, we can slide them together. All right, I guess that works, man. So we're six people at a fore top and the women are doing wine flights. The wine flights wouldn't even fit on the table lap flights, so they had to bring over like a stand up bar s regular table and put it up against the wall, and you had to put the wine up there, and then we had to reach and get the wine.
Speaker 1: Here you go, Sherry, here's your final flight. You got your final connector here you go your flight. You are now free to move without the country.
Speaker 2: Yeah you thought you was a direct flight, No it is. You got to go stop here, walk over there, get your wine. And then I'm like, all right, let's let's order some food. Oh no, no, no, they just have cheese and meat. Trey. I'm like, wa wait, you said we were going out to dinner. You said Italian? No, I said French, Hm, French, same thing. The guy that runs the place, he knew French. He was from France.
Speaker 4: Hey, Pierre, where's some meat?
Speaker 2: And he was big into wine and he started going like people were asking about the wine flights and he's like, well, this one comes from the I'm like, oh my god, how do you know so much about wine?
Speaker 1: Where did we get to this point in life?
Speaker 2: Where did I get to this point in life? I'm just looking at him like, what are you setting you are speaking a totally different language than when I understand.
Speaker 1: I've avoided tho as much as I possible.
Speaker 2: Oh, this one's from the bottom of the mountain in this little village and what they do with their wine, and I'm like, oh my god. They honestly, they could just make it up.
Speaker 1: What is this Dasani water from the island of Dasani.
Speaker 2: They really could just make this stuff up. And you believe it because they say it and they convince you that that's true. All right, cool man. So then they bring the meat and cheese tray out and I'm like, all right, this is my dinner. This is literally my dinner. All right, let me eat some of this. Oh I got two pieces of meat because there's six people and we all have to share. So all right, man, well, are we gonna get another meat tray? Yeah, we got another one coming. Second one comes. So I had a told of five pieces of really thinly siced meat, had a little bit of cheese, some apricots, and I'm like, guys, that's it, brutal, that's all we're happening. What are we doing here? Like, oh no, no, we can order this. And I'm like, oh, what is it oh ham and cheese sandwich.
Speaker 1: So basically she just wanted to drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it was supposed to be like the atmosphere and the ham and cheese sandwich. It was like twenty eight dollars for a ham and cheese sandwich. I guess it's some fancy cheese and fancy ham. It won that good. It won that good, and I just I was very disappointed. So when we got home, I told my wife, I said, listen, from now on, if we say we're going to dinner, can we go to dinner? Just oh no, you know that is the meat and cheese. That's what they do over there, and it's a type of dinner. I said no, because right now I'm ready to eat my freaking arm because I'm starving and be it wasn't even that good. And she goes, well, I think that was like imported cheese and imported meat, so you're not really used to that fancy of meat, and that's why you didn't like it.
Speaker 4: Import it from the gas station. I want some jerky y.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, it wasn't very good. If they're going to import it, they need to import some better stuff. So yes, when you're going to a birthday party. Make sure you check them menu before you go. I would have had something to eat at my house before I left if I knew that we were just having a little meat and cheese tray and a grilled cheese.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know how those places are all fake, how they try to be fancy. Man, Well, I mean it's real. But there's a place by me that is like really fancy. I'll give you the name, you and your wife would like it.
Speaker 2: Well, this guy, he was telling me how he was. He was taking his test the next week to be a samall of a small aa. But I don't but he was only level I guess there's different levels. I guess this was level one Samadia. Whatever. Man, he goes and see the guy behind the bar. He's attempting to be Samalia level three.
Speaker 1: Whoa awesome? How many does his body count? So let me say this, though the place by us very nice, but they learned we can't just fake nice for a little bit. They have a menu at ten pm. It's the late night menu. You can get ramen, you can get ham and cheese, you can get pizza bytes. But earlier on here it is our menu. Would you like some French onion soup. But then they are like, we just want to make money after ten, after ten menu, I can't get ramen noodles at the same place that a Somali a just came and got me get some salad.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man, it's been one week since that dinner, and I still am just like.
Speaker 4: Oh, you must be hungry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm still hungry thinking about just thinking about it, I'm just like, Wow, if I ever have a birthday party and it's at a restaurant where you don't get to eat, not really gonna go there, noted. Yeah, we'll take a break, we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: That reminds me you're gonna love the food on a cruise. I hope you can eat and eat and eat until your heart's content.
Speaker 2: I do like that. I do like and never going hungry, because sometimes at home you're just sitting there going, man, I'm hungry, and you don't have anything to eat and you have to wait till the next meal. And at my house, we've had no dishes. We can't cook because we have no dishwasher right now, so we've been really avoiding the cooking thing. So I mean, it's been impossible to eat. It's been like, oh, let me snack on this, let me eat a little bit of these animal crackers. And I don't know what it is about animal crackers. Those might be the best thing in the world. They might be pound for pound. I don't know what they put in them. They are so freaking good.
Speaker 1: I hear you, I hear you. There's some also, some other ones you can't think of the name right now. Pound cake cookies or are they animal cracker esque cookies? Very good. They're around the holidays. Baser gets it for her dad, and I steal trist gets maybe, and I steal about five of them pound for pound. Maybe the best little American tea dipping cookie.
Speaker 2: Dude, triscuts are really good.
Speaker 1: It's not a triscu it, but those are good. Yeah, you don't.
Speaker 2: Ever think about them. But when I have them, I'm like, Man, why don't I eat these more often?
Speaker 4: They just don't promote them.
Speaker 2: Another thing that's delicious, wheat thins.
Speaker 4: That's what I thought we were talking about.
Speaker 1: Oh weat no triskeets or they're like they're kind of right, got I got it. I don't know. Oh my dad eats all that crap.
Speaker 2: I'm just like where why do I never think about wheat thins when I'm at the grocery store. Why don't I think, Oh, let me grab a box of wheat thins? But when you have them somewhere, like if you go to someone's house and they have wheat thins laying out and you eat them, I'm mic, that's pretty solid.
Speaker 1: It's bad marketing because they should be top of mind, but they're not. What is alcohol, pouches, vapes, marijuana? You know, that's the stuff that's promoted.
Speaker 2: That is I mean, I've never seen a trisk at commercial. I don't think I've ever seen a wheat thin commercial. How do people know about them? You just put them on the shelf and people have found them.
Speaker 1: You got to ask your kids.
Speaker 2: I don't think my kids know what wheat thins.
Speaker 1: Are, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: They know what pouches are, They know what prime is. That's all they ever want is prime. Can I have a pouch? Can have a prime? Can have a banana?
Speaker 4: Are you talking about the Zen pouch?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, not talking about the Zen pouch? Ray lip pillow? What's a oh lippill?
Speaker 4: Got it at Chobber and.
Speaker 2: I gotta say, Coachure, you ever get depressed?
Speaker 4: No, man, never, no, no, no, no, I really don't.
Speaker 1: I really don't. When I was gambling, yes, but then like a true gambler, you always trick yourself into thinking the positive thing that could happen. But I never was depressed. Depressed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if I'm depressed or if I'm just giving up hope.
Speaker 1: I was depressed at Carlos and Charlie's when I was sunburnt in two thousand and nine, and all my friends are having the best conversation and I was sitting in the shade, not drinking sunburnt, wondering why couldn't be like everybody else. I was actually depressed that day. Okay, well, I mean I it was the year of forty four.
Speaker 2: Because I'm forty four. It's been a rough year. I've had health issues that I don't know the answers to think I've gotten to the bottom of it. I've been going to physical therapy. Everything's been feeling great. I've played three or for soccer games, no problem, like, oh my god, this is heaven. Wednesday I went to physical therapy. We did these exercises. It's like stretches, and I mean, god, I am the most unflexible person in the world. And even the physical therapist is like, wow, you are so tight. All right, thank you don't need but you're doing great. You're doing great, great job, great, very encouraging, very nice, very friendly. I really appreciate them.
Speaker 1: A man or woman woman, actually two women, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: It's the physical therapist and then some chit that's in physical therapy school her last semester and she's helping out and she's learning and getting clinic hours.
Speaker 1: Like who's gonna motivate you more, Sarah or Clint?
Speaker 2: Uh? Definitely Sarah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't want to look like a little in front of Sarah. I'm like, ah, yeah, I can stretch their oh urns.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well in some of those stretches, aren't they kind of guiding you? Oh yeah. If that's a dude, I mean, that's gonna look a little weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It is a little awkward when because you know, I've had groin pain or whatever and the girl's like, oh, so it hurts right here and she starts touching, like rubbing the inside of I'm like, yeah, that's where it hurts, just weird to see you do that.
Speaker 1: So she but she does have to do it.
Speaker 2: She does have to do it. It's all medical, but it's just very weird. So it's weird. I've had girls do MRIs on my junk. I've had them do ultrasounds on my junk. But I mean, all these women are just all upon me. But anyway, the point of the story.
Speaker 1: Is I'm not seeing the depression, Den.
Speaker 2: You're I'm headed the depression.
Speaker 4: Den.
Speaker 2: So I went to physical therapy Wednesday and I felt great, did all the stuff. Then I had a soccer game Wednesday night at nine forty five, way late, way too late.
Speaker 1: Whoa you guys played at the same time as Nashville.
Speaker 2: No, Nashville usually plays at seven thirty.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And we I go out there and I start playing, and about halfway through the game, dang pain in the stomach return man right across the front.
Speaker 1: Freaking Peterson, Kansas. You're calling coach so to take you out, tell himself.
Speaker 2: Hey, I gotta get out. I gotta get out. And after a three and our coaches like our coach is like, what this again? I thought we were past this, And it's like I did too I really did, and it limited my movement, my ability to move freely, and it was just very like I sat down, like with eight minutes to go in the game, and then trying to walk to the car. God, it hurts so bad. And getting out of the car at the house, trying to walk into the house is like like there was a lot of grunting and a lot it took me a long time to walk from the street to the house and just like get inside, get into the bedroom, take a shower. Every movement was and it just as I was taking the shower and you know, I was scrubbing my head and you know, everything, I was just like, am I ever? Am I ever gonna be one hundred percent? Am I ever gonna just be able to go full throttle and not have this? Yeah, Like I thought I was there. I thought we had turned a corner, and then we're right back where we started. I have the pain right across the front underneath the belly button, and it just I'm like, I don't know what to do.
Speaker 1: It's very depressing, but you realize with the body, and I've learned this with my plantar fascy itis, the body is so weird with my plantar fascy itis. Let's say six months ago. I definitely couldn't run. I was limping while I was walking. And then I did a bad thing and went and got a petticure and the lady scrubbed the bottom of my feet and it swelled up because I already had plantar fascy itis. That's when we played the basketball thing when Amy did to make thirty three pointers. Bro, I couldn't even walk, and Bones goes, hey, man, you want to play three on three? Eh?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 1: That was the worst feeling ever. I couldn't. I needed crutches at that point. I was walking on my foot, but yes, the body's so weird. Little bit of ice, a little bit of some stretches that Anna, our nurse, taught us, and I was better and my leg's never been better. But at that dark point in my life, I really did.
Speaker 4: Think, I guess I'm just never gonna run again. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: It hit me at what was I thirty?
Speaker 2: I was?
Speaker 1: I was like thirty nine. Literally, I can't run anymore. Nobody tells you that's when you're in high school. But hey, go for a run, because when you're thirty nine, you're not gonna be able to and then I got better. The body's so weird, you just ice it. So ice basically cured planner fatcy itis and a couple random ibuprofens that cleared my like that's.
Speaker 4: Wild blows my mind to this day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean I took three Adville when I got home from the game. And I don't know if it's the advil that you know, helped, because you know, you go to bed and it wakes up. I wake up in the morning and it feels better. But the fact that as I was running and I was just like, oh man, here we go again, and it's just it's it really hurts. And it was a it was a fun game. I mean, you should have been there. You would have loved it, because, I mean, four minutes into the game there their guy kicks the ball and it's up in the air and our goalie runs out and the other guy's going forward on their team and they kind of collide and our goalie knocks the guy over and some guy on the sideline says, f that guy WHOA And I said, and he pointed right at me, and I said, what you say? And he goes. I said, EF that guy. I said that. He goes, I'm not talking to you over talking about the guy behind you. F that guy. Oh, And I said, well that's a little strong. For four minutes into the game, he goes, no, that's my brother he knocked over. And I'm like, they're playing, we're playing soccer, man, there's a little bit of contact now if that guy okay, all right, man cool? Yeah. And so later in the game I bumped into him and he goes, oh, you want to play like that, let's e F and go.
Speaker 4: You guys both like the F word.
Speaker 2: I'm like, hey, dude, you're gonna touch each other in soccer. And it got ugly and he started getting mad and he started fouling a couple of times. He fouled twice in a row, knocked me over twice in row. Ref called it. And then at the end of the game he said, good game. But man, he came out of the gates fire and f that guy. Whoa man, you need to r e l a relax co ed adult soccer not winning the World Cup. I got a pain in my stomach. I can't be being I can't be being fed right now. Okay, yeah, I'm not a talker.
Speaker 1: When I play, I get trash talking is a thing, and if you're in the league, congrats you've earned it. Tra talk some trash be that guy. But but I mean, I'm thinking of wrestling in general. I never talk trash. I would always just wrestle, never even said a word. And then one time this kid goes, oh yeah, you FN liked that? As he was like penny me oh, and I remember it to this day because in wrestling it's not you just definitely don't talk to the guy.
Speaker 4: And he goes, oh yeah, you FN liked that.
Speaker 1: See, and I guarantee you that dude to this day works in like a salt mine or something, and he hates his life because he lived in Sussein Marie and you never make it out of that town. You're basically Canadian and he has the worst life ever. But that was the one guy that goes, oh yeah, you FING liked that.
Speaker 2: It's like, what you mean, Oh, it just caught me off guard.
Speaker 1: He caught me off guard.
Speaker 2: I mean it caught me off guard. I mean, he's f that guy. And he pointed right and I was like what, But I didn't answer him. I was just like, what should I have said. I have been like, no, I don't effing like it. No, actually I don't like it. Get off me, Get off me? Stop stop?
Speaker 1: No, No, do you remember his name? No? You could probably find it online.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you got pinned. I can't believe you got pinned, dude.
Speaker 4: Oh, I definitely got pinned.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? Dude? It's the easiest way to end to match if I couldn't beat the person.
Speaker 2: Oh the huh were you? I don't know about wrestling, Like was it? Were you good at wrestling or not good at wrestling?
Speaker 1: I was really good, But I mean there were kids that would weigh one hundred and fifty and lose thirty pounds, and I'm wrestling them. You could then gain fifteen pounds. Dude, I'm wrestling a guy fifteen pounds heavier than me. And I mean, and also, like when you're you're kind of out of like you're out of breath, out of breath, but they're cutting off your circulation. So yeah, you literally do give up. When you get pinned, you get give up. So if you're like short on breath, it give up.
Speaker 2: No, I don't have to like it, but but I'm gonna lay here and take it.
Speaker 1: I mean I put multiple people in the hospital just because there's the person that doesn't ever give up to get pinned, and then there's the person that kind of gives up, like me, I didn't want my airway to cut off boom pend me. I don't care. But like some of the people I wrestle, I put them in the hospital because the moves that I would do would cut off their airway and like they did not pass out ambulance comes in. I'm like, guys, you can give up really yeah. But so those people are probably like presidents and companies now because I'm like, dang, they didn't give up until they did passed out and died.
Speaker 2: I do like that, like the UFC, Like, I love it when people don't tap, like they're just like, no, break my arm, choke me out. I'm like i'd be like, I don't like this, Let me out of here. Yeah, speaking out here. We'll take a break. Yeah, we're about to tap out, all right, man, we got a tap, Yeah, we gotta tap. We gotta get going. Man. And I talked to Batter's Box yesterday and he called I call him and I'm like, what's up. He's like, what's up. And I was like, now, then, what do you doing? He goes, I'm on the pod. I don't want to be on the pod. I was like, you're not on the pot. He goes, I can tell I can hear Ray in the background. What if everybody that's a batter's box.
Speaker 4: Here with pod fear. It's a real thing.
Speaker 2: I said, you don't hear Ray. He goes, yeah, I hear a voice. That's Ray. Get me off the pod. I don't want to be on the pod.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, you're not on the pod and I I honked the horn. He goes, that's a sound effect. I'm on the pot. I don't want to be on the pod. He's like, call me later and I'm like, you're not on the pod and he goes, bye, you're not on the pod.
Speaker 1: Dude. Sunday scaries boat fear and then pod fear.
Speaker 4: It's a real thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He was like, I'm on the pod and I was like, you know what you need to do. It's an R E L A X. I mean, I hate quoting Aaron Rodgers, but you need to relax. You weren't on the pod. I wasn't gonna put you on the pod. I don't always put you on the pod. It's like once a year I call you and you're on the pod. Let's relax, all right, anything else you want to talk about? Man?
Speaker 1: Boomer loss state championship.
Speaker 2: He was in the championship.
Speaker 1: No, it was the first game of the playoffs. Oh, let me ask you this question though. Yeah, two minutes left, the games tied, and the team's gonna run the clock out.
Speaker 2: Oh, because there's no shot clock, no shot clock.
Speaker 1: In high school basketball, and they're gonna run it out. But they're doing passes and they're moving the ball. It's not just like they're just chilling like they're legit playing basketball. Boom pass, boom pass, boom pass. What do you do?
Speaker 2: Foul?
Speaker 1: That's what I said too, Because Boomer's team didn't foul. The team runs the entire clock out, takes the final shot of the game.
Speaker 2: They missed.
Speaker 1: Thank god it went to overtime. But I just asked my dad. I said, the play has to be you foul.
Speaker 2: You had to foul. You had to foul because you got to get you gotta hope they're not going to make their free throws, and you got to get yourself a possession.
Speaker 1: And my reasoning was to my dad was they obviously should have filed right away at the two minute mark, give you more game time. But if you were to have played out how it did, they almost didn't even give themselves an opportunity to have overtime. Luckily the kid missed the shot, but you can't just play back and let them shoot a shot with seven seconds left. Yeah, there has to be a better play than that.
Speaker 2: It has to be. I mean when we were at my high school, Anderson High School, Chris, Chris Klak, William Stringfellow, they were in the state championship and they were playing the Bumblebees or the yellow Jackets. I don't remember which one it was, think it was a yellow jacket. Steven Jackson, a former NBA player, was on the team. They got up by six in the first half, they started playing four corners, started playing four corners just trying to waste the clock in the state championship at the Irwin in Austin, Texas, because they were so scared of Chris Klack and Williams Street.
Speaker 1: Fellow, the winning team or the losing team.
Speaker 2: The winning team was up by six in the first half started playing four corners.
Speaker 4: But it isn't four corners hard.
Speaker 2: They're just passing the ball around the perimeter. So they waist clock.
Speaker 4: Got it.
Speaker 2: They were trying to limit possessions.
Speaker 1: I uh huh.
Speaker 2: We ended up losing back to back state titles. Rough Man and I got an email. Just listen to the pod yesterday's pod. Thank you for all the birthday shout out for my husband. Definitely one of the coolest birthday gifts ever. He loved it. Also, yes, I'm his wife. To be fair, Ray Jaden is more commonly a boy name. Thank you for all helping make a wonderful husband's birthday super cool. May God bless you Jaden the girl they pay you on cameo or what No, We sat happy birthday on here and this is Jayden responding They actually heard it. She was like, can you make my husband's birthday special? A lot of people would never reply and say they heard it, So thank you Jaden, and she wanted to let you know she is a woman.
Speaker 1: We got to tap out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're out. Hey guys, we are gonna be on the cruise ship. So if you're looking for us, look at the socials. We may go live from the cruise ship. Yeah, have a great weekend, guys. We out of here.
Speaker 1: And remember this weekend to r E la X relax. This is like another convention, I know.
Speaker 2: But not as much fun because it's not all the sore losers nation.
Speaker 4: I'm not even fully recovered.
Speaker 2: Well get ready, because Laurie and Travis are on the boat. Man, they're on the boat. That's two of the nation. That's only two I know. That's the only two I know. Let's go