Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, are you ready? Shots abouts that hit the fan? Welcome to Unsanctioned Thursdays. Are wrestling with Friday?
Speaker 2: What's up? Everybody?
Speaker 3: Welcome to Unsanctioned Thursdays. That's some sound effects that we like to add the money on. So hope you guys liked it to join us. Always by mister Jeff, Jeff, Where are you gonna be this weekend? Where can people see you and party with you?
Speaker 2: This weekend?
Speaker 4: I'm going to a town I've never been in in Illinois called Batavia, Batavia, Illinois. There's still some tickets available. It's gonna be great.
Speaker 3: When I did that Summer Catch movie, my character gets signed by John C mcginley's character to a minor league affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds called the Batavia Mukdog.
Speaker 2: Oh look at that? Is that a real team?
Speaker 3: I don't For the movie, I don't know they used real teams in the movie, like all the Chatham teams were real teams, or all the kip cod teams were the real teams. So I'm thinking the Batavia Muckdogs are a real team and you should try to get a Muckdog's hat while you're there.
Speaker 4: I would love that. Yeah, I'm wondering. I'm wondering if it's real, I'll do it.
Speaker 3: You could be a muckdog, bro, I could totally see you as a muckdog. Like. Speaking of muckdog's, there were a lot of them at AEW double or nothing. I don't know what a muckdog is.
Speaker 2: Probably there.
Speaker 3: But we had the owen Hart Foundation Tournament finals. Hang Man Adam Page, Jeff's favorite versus will Ospray, my favorite. I thought this was gonna be Ospray all day long, so did our producer Alex. Only one of us wanted to make you money this week, though only one of us was sensitive enough, kind enough and smart enough to pick the winner in this match and make you, guys all the cash. I took your money, and I apologize. I'm not giving it back, So I'm not that sorry, but I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: That you lost it.
Speaker 3: But Jeff one, because Hangman Adam Page one.
Speaker 4: The cowboy, Hangman Page.
Speaker 3: The last cowboy of course, loves the cowboy the hangman. All right, So we go to the women's final. Now this one was easy. It was Mercedes Monet versus Jamie Hayter. We all kind of thought Mercedes was gonna win this match, and uh we weren't wrong. I think you know, the big pay per view is Tony Storm versus Mercedes Money, not Tony Storm versus Jamie Hayter. Not yet. They just haven't booked and built Jamie up enough for that match to mean as much as as the Mercedes Money match. Let me say this, if they don't give these two women a story, then I don't know what the hell the plan was with Mercedes Monday because I haven't seen a story with her yet that I could wrap my head around and get behind and really dig. And I dig Sash or Mercedes Monday. I dig Sasha Banks. I dig them both. I think she can talk. I know she can wrestle. I know she can talk. I don't think it, I know it, and you just don't get to see it. You get her matches are super good, but you don't get a good reason why. And this is a tournament, so the reason why it's real simple, right, This is like old school WWE late nineties booking, Like let's just have a tournament and then we don't have to have a story. So it's hard for me to have faith that they're going to pull this off except Tony Storm, who has definitely been writing her own story and whoever's working with her, and I think they're doing a really good job. I believe in Tony Storm, so I'm gonna believe that they're gonna have a story that I care about, or I'll the very least I'll be entertained by. These two personalities are so on the opposite ends of the spectrum. One is based in reality and the other one is completely off the reservation. And I don't know how they're gonna make it work, but I'm gonna give them a chance to make it work.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go in with an open mind.
Speaker 3: It's it's tough because I don't think they've given a proper story to Money as of yet, but they have to Tony and if she can pull this off, then kudos and shout out to her. She deserves as much credit as as as anybody else. But I really hope they pull this off because this match could mean something. It's gonna be in Texas, It's gonna be you know, thousands and thousands and thousands of people in the arena watching their pay per views. Kick ass aw pay perviews are so freaking good. They're so much better than their weekly TV shows, And I really hope that people have a reason why when they do get to see these two women wrestle, because that match is going to be special and cool. And I wanted to mean something, but Jeff, Alex and myself all got it right.
Speaker 2: Uh what were you?
Speaker 3: What were your thoughts and what are your thoughts on her moving forward?
Speaker 4: I'm not too crazy about it, Like I said, I'm not a big Tony Storm crazy kind of storyline or not storyline, but whatever the that, whatever that type of character kind of thing is, I'm not crazy about it. I'm very curious how they'll seem to mix mix a down to earth, grounded in reality person with that. Which is probably my biggest criticism with those kind of things is like when someone is forced to be the straight person and put up with their gimmicky stuff, it really handcuffs them.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: It's like I love an orange Cassidy, I love the shin kick kind of thing, but for a care for wrestlers who don't live in that world, they feel like, well, great, now, I just got to kind of put up with this, and so it takes me out of it a little bit, but I'm interested to see what they do with it, so I'll be all try and stay open minded about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's always a challenge. You know, if you're bray Wyatt, you're an exception to the rule, right, Like it would seem hard to find opponents for bray Wyatt back in the day to wrestle as the Fiend because he was this like supernatural type character and all the people he was wrestling were grounded in reality. But they made that work, so we know that it's possible for it to work. It just has to be executed correctly. And so that's my hope with this, is that they find a way to make this this sort of beyond reality character and this based in reality character work. And I don't I haven't spent too much time thinking about the booking of it, but I just I'm nervous that it's that people aren't going to care, that's all, and I really want them to Moving on, I agree the aw Continental Championship, we didn't get to do this one because it wasn't the match hadn't been made yet, but anyone could have guessed that Okada is going to beat Speedball Bailey, who I really like.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: His style is cool, his mullet's cool. He's really fast in there, man like. He's a lot of fun to watch. But this would have been an easy match. You guys made the bets on this. You guys won. Jeff would have picked Okada. I would have picked Okada, We all would have picked Okada, and you would have made more money. Now to a match we did pick the easiest match of the night, the aw World Tag Team Championship. Jeff, was there any doubt that these two men were going to kick the living shit out of Sammy Guevera and Dustin Rhodes? Did you doubt it for even a split second? Or did you know the score?
Speaker 2: I knew the score. You don't. You don't bet against the Hurt Syndicate.
Speaker 4: Those guys are freaks and the giant and they're cool and that's what I'm here for. And with MJF, come on, what are we doing, dude? That's like my dream stable. So yeah, there was no doubt in my mind that Bobby Lashley and Shelton Benjamin we're gonna bring the Hurt.
Speaker 3: To quote Wesley Snipes and Passenger fifty seven. Always bet on black, Honey, you don't you don't bet against Bobby Last. He could legit kick that shit out of everybody on earth. Yeah, I let alone your favorite wrestler. He beat up your favorite wrestler, your dad, and your favorite uncle all at the same time.
Speaker 2: And he would make you watch. And you remember sit there.
Speaker 4: When Goldberg was trying to like like step to Matt Riddle, and it was just kind of like, dude, I don't know if you, I know you in the wrestling world. You're Goldberg, but like Matt Riddle would fold you like the old man that you are.
Speaker 3: He would choke him out in under sixty seconds. It wouldn't even take. It wouldn't even take. He look as someone who trains jiu jitsu, and he's better at jiu jitsu than I am. If we're on the ground, you're getting choked out and it's not taking long. If you don't train, if you don't train, If you train, then that's a different thing. Matt Riddle would smoke Bill Goldberg in a real yeah, And it was.
Speaker 4: Funny to watch Riddle try to be like respectful because he knows the hierarchy of like wrestling, but he also is like I could just kill this guy, like in a second. And I always think that was like brock Lessener, I think that with Bobby Lashley, but Bobby Lashley all the time, Like I'm just going, dude, this guy could have even when he kind of like goes a little overboard in the wrestling ring, like when he was grabbing MJ's face and pushing him against the turnbuckle, I was like, I wonder if MJ can feel that this guy could crush him. So those things always go through my head anytime I see Bobby Lashley in general, let alone in this match.
Speaker 2: Where I was like, dude, there's no doubt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, it's so wild to me that his body is better now than when he debuted in WW oh yeah, Like I don't understand how he has aged in reverse, like he's the real Benjamin Buttons, and I don't know anyone else that's ever done that except maybe Rachel Lee Cook, Like they're the only two people that don't age, or Rachel Lee Cook from She's all and because I look, I've fucking aged. I hang out with Rachel and I see how I see her and then I'm like, hold up, she looks exactly the same I must look the same too. No, I look in the mirror.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of great fantastic. Yeah, but aged.
Speaker 3: Aged at all. You've just aged really well. You look great. She still twenty two, and so does Bobby Lashley. If they ever had a kid, it would be the most beautiful, most jacked, most unaging kid in the history of a pair. I'll set them up, We'll make it happen. Oh no, he's married, Bobby's married. It doesn't matter anyway. Bobby kicked the ship out everybody. Sheldon kicked the ship out everybody. There was a little MJF faction out there, and we made you money. But you didn't even need our help. You guys knew. You guys knew because you watched Passenger fifty seven. You knew who to bet on. You were good. Let's move on to the Stretcher match. We didn't have this on our card because it hadn't been made yet. But this was the coolest match of the fuck. No, well, this was the coolest match of the night. Mark Briscoe's face. I'll quote our producer as he was watching it live and texted us Mark Briscoe's face exploded, and I I used to get squeamish by blood in wrestling matches because I want everyone to be okay, you know, I don't want them to really get hurt. Yeah, but man, I'm starting to like blood.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: AW has corrupted me. It's corrupted me. Man, It's like in my soul now. And I'm like, yeah, give me the blood, give me the blood. And they did. And Ricochet, who has never really got the right kind of push in WWE, and I didn't think he was going to get the right push in AEW. I didn't get the story. I'll be the first to a minute. I was way wrong on this. I didn't think what they were trying to do with Ricochet and AEW was going to work. I was like, man, they're kind of making him look weak and I don't like that. I want him to come in and debut and look strong. And he has embraced this character so much of being this chicken shit heel and this show off flashy moves like let me show you how much better I am than everyone else. Oh, he's tough, let me back off, let me get out of the ring. He's done this so well. I think this is the coolest Ricochet that I've ever seen, and I wasn't that familiar with like Prince Puma and all that stuff because he didn't get like the talking storylines and stuff like that in Luca Underground and he didn't get much to do at all except tournament stuff and cool matches in WWE. To see him actually get to do this and spread his wings is really refreshing. And I like what they're doing. And I didn't think I was I thought AW got it wrong, and they didn't. They got it right. I was wrong, and I really enjoyed. I like being wrong when I'm entertained. It feels good. And this match was really cool. He was trying to slam him into this ambulance and you just see this crutch come out, and I thought the match was over. It was a great false finish and then he comes out with the crutch beat his asid more. It was really cool. Anyway, I hope you guys can see the match. I think you can still watch him on Amazon on replays and stuff like that. Because the pay per views for a on YouTube, Oh it's on YouTube, of course.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like the AW pay per views are so much better than what they're giving you on the Weekly TV on tn T and TBS sometimes that I really hope you guys don't don't give up on him, because the the matches are really cool and and the performers give you everything they got out there every time.
Speaker 4: I surprised you hesitated when you said that it was the coolest match. I think it was inarguably the coolest match.
Speaker 3: Well, I had to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything, but yeah, you're right, You're right.
Speaker 4: Raycochet is incredible. Shout out to Ricochet, who lives in Vegas. He's the best. I love him so much, and I think he's one of the greatest dressers. I wish he was doing the American Grande Americano.
Speaker 2: Gimme that would be so cool.
Speaker 4: And then shout out to my boy Johnny Lacuosto, who is a huge wrestling fan. He's a wrestling commentator and a great comedian. But he was the first to like turn me onto the Briscos. I wasn't on board. I thought they sucked. I didn't like their promos, I didn't like their look. I didn't like anything. And Johnny's like, no, these guys are the real deal, and he would always send me their stuff, and I'm only a Brisco's fan because of Johnny Lecuasto and they're.
Speaker 2: So he's well, there's only one brother now, but they're so, so, so good.
Speaker 4: And this match was amazing and I loved every second of it.
Speaker 3: I thought it was easily the best match. Yeah, very fun. You're right to watch a lot of blood. That match was awesome and it was. It was match of the night. All right, more money that we made you come on here it comes FTR versus Daniel Garcia and Nigel McGinnis.
Speaker 2: I love Nigel McGuinness. I love to see him in the ring.
Speaker 3: But there was no way that FDR could lose this or it takes away all the momentum they have of being assholes, and it would have been a complete waste of story and a waste when they turned on edge like you just you're gonna waste that and have them lose this match. That's dumb. So there was no way that was happening. I think our fans are smart. They knew that too. Our listeners, you guys, aren't our fans, You are listeners fanatics. You're not crazy. You're smart because you knew FTR was gonna win, and they did, and we made you even more money. We only got one wrong, and Jeff, I think got none wrong. What'd you think, dude?
Speaker 2: I thought it was great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I said, I don't think that this earlier I was talking about how I or maybe it was on Monday's episode that I was saying that I like when I'm surprised. So as good as this match was, I definitely wasn't surprised, but it's still good.
Speaker 3: We didn't have the next match, which was don Kallis Family versus Paragon, but the Right Team won. Don Kallas. It keeps Kyle O'Riley really really strong. That guy's really cool. They know they've got something with him, and they're protecting him pretty well without you know, giving him the super push like an unrealistic push. It's much more organic. It's going to develop, and that dude's going to be something, I think for sure.
Speaker 2: And it was cool.
Speaker 3: It's always good to see Adam Cole finally anarchy in the arena. Kenny Omega swerved Strickland, Willow Nightingale and the Ops defeated the Death Writers and the Young Bucks. I don't know if we picked this one. I would have said that Kenny Omega's team would have won. I'm not trying to just be right after the fact. I would have said they were gonna win. They were gonna win because the death writers tend to win the wars.
Speaker 2: They'll lose the battles.
Speaker 3: That way, he doesn't lose the title, but they can lose other other matches and fights in there, but cool matches. You guys, you gotta watch it. You don't have to watch aw TV. I get it. If it's not your thing, it's not your thing. But their pay per views are special, and I really encourage people to give them another chance. If you if you were on the fence about it, take it from me, they're good.
Speaker 2: Jeff. Final thoughts. I love Kenny Omega.
Speaker 4: I'm a big swerve guy, but I think that this match, from beginning to end was insane.
Speaker 2: It was so so fun to watch.
Speaker 4: I'm you like that you liked the I like the way I wear it that way because I was trying not to talk trash about some of the other people that were in that match, so I just said who I liked. But it was a really, really good match, and I was very excited and it made me go I was wrong about this. I think some of these guys are better than I was giving them credit for. But I loved the match. It was absolute and perfectly titled.
Speaker 3: It was They definitely like their names in AAW. They definitely try to reach out and touch you with them. AAW's double or nothing. It delivered. We had tournament finals, we had title defenses, we had chaos and mayhem. That's what we try to bring you. That's why Jeff and I wrestle at the end of each one of these episodes. And yeah, it's a first blood match, just so you guys know every time, and it's still going because neither of us have bled yet because we don't fucking bleed.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: Three more week until my Punjabi prison is built at Freddy's new house so we can have our Punjabi prison match.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: I may not have a wrestling promotion, but I have a brand new house and I'm building a Punjabi prison. Hell yeah, that's gonna be awesome. I'm a Jeff, I'm Freddy Brinns Junior. This was on sanctioned Thursdays. Tune in every week to our show Wrestling with Friends and tune in every week to this one like you do on sanctioned Thursdays. We appreciate you, guys. We got love for you, guys. Keep on listening, keep shouting us out when you see us out there. I love when people come up and go, youah man wrestling with friends, yo?
Speaker 2: What's so?
Speaker 3: Always give us that love, man, We appreciate it. And uh, if you want to hear something that we're not talking about, let us know and I'll try to get into it too.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you very much. Peach wear Out