Speaker 1: I'm Thomas White.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Fish on first on Fould Territory Network.
Speaker 3: Alrighty, Fishing Filtered, Episode one point fifteen here with aj Ramos Isakazuit. Unfortunately, times aren't going very well right now for these Morlans, but that doesn't mean that they still aren't in a non competitive spot. They find themselves currently tied it for the third wild card, and we brought the right guy to talk about what the Marlins could be doing come deadline day here with Robert Murray. Fans side it also does a lot of work for Foul Territory. Robert, thank you for taking the time.
Speaker 1: How we're doing.
Speaker 4: I'm doing great.
Speaker 5: This is like the best time of the our best time of the year. This is like my Christmas. So I could not be more excited to be talking deadline, Excited to be here with you boys.
Speaker 4: I've been a big fan of the show. Love fol terror. Sorry, how you guys doing happy? Two Almost weeks away from the deadline, so let's get after it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thirteen days away for the August third deadline, a little later than usual.
Speaker 4: Not a fan of it.
Speaker 3: I think the teams probably prefer that just so that gives them a little more time to prepare, but Robert Marlin's currently fifty two to forty nine. They're tied for the third World card spot with the Pluff teams. Would have been your thoughts on the team? Definitely one of the surprises in baseball to Citalyes, no, for sure, and.
Speaker 5: This is a team where entering the season I wasn't exactly sure where they were going to be at, but they've exceeded my expectations. And I think Peter Bendix has done a terrific job in assembling this roster last year. Like he's he's done some pretty epic deadline selloffs and he ended up getting some young players in, got his guy with Clayton McCullough there, and I think they've just done a terrific job overall. So they've had some guys that have really kind of broken out this season, have some really impressive names. They're both offensively on the pitching side. I still think they're going to be in a position where they add I know it's been kind of bumpy recently. I'm optimistic that they're going to be buyers, but I don't know exactly how aggressive they can be, or that they ultimately will be.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's gonna be interesting to see, especially I guess it depends on how you know this next couple days or you know, weeks ago or whatever. But I want to get your thoughts on who has impressed you the most of this team and was it someone that was kind of off your radar that you know surprised you, or is it somebody that maybe you kind of thought would have a breakout season or you know, what's your thoughts behind that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, obviously Max Meyer is a guy that automatically stands out as a player who just really is incredibly talented. But I would also go with a guy who I think is underrated nationally, Liam Hicks.
Speaker 4: He's been terrific this season for them.
Speaker 5: I think he deserves a ton more credit because it's really hard to find a like definitive answer at catcher, Like you look at the Yankees, you look at the Padres, I mean, so many other contending teams they want to have that guy behind them plates. I think he deserves a ton of credit for what he's done there, So I think him Otto Lopez, But I just I got to go back to the job that that Bendix has done because Obviously he's made a lot of trades here, but like he's made he's made good moves, and he's got them in a position where again, like we've I've talked about it on my podcast, I was talking about it with Tom Raduch. She have talked about it with others across the league where they have sold so much that now it's time to keep building this team, add to it to try to compete for a postseason spot because we look at the American League.
Speaker 4: The American League is just I don't want.
Speaker 5: To call it a joke, but there's no real team that's like standing out as like a as an elite juggernaut team. Nationally, there's obviously more competition, but like, this is a really good time for the Marlins to try to go out and get it.
Speaker 7: You mentioned Liam Hickson for the first time in a while, the Marls has some pretty attractive options behind the dish. You think about it, They have you know him, they have Joe Mack, they have obviously Ramire is down there in triple A, and it has to mention that, hey, maybe you know we mution be the great job Peter is done. He likes to sell high on his assets and Limp Hicks seems like one of those potential trade chips that Miami could dangle that they're like for not only to sell out, but to maybe bring in some other major league tellent, what are your thoughts on maybe the Marlins dangling someone like Liam Hicks.
Speaker 5: I think they gotta be careful not to get too cute with it. But also, you look at all these teams that are going to be looking for catching, Like I listened to the Potter as I listed the Yankees, you gotta imagine the Pirates will try to be in there as well. I mean, they spent the first overall pick on Henry Davis, but that has not panned out. They traded Joey Bart. You gotta imagine they'll be involved. There's gonna be a bunch of other teams that are gonna be in the mix for catching, for sure. But if I'm the Marlins, I listen, and you know what, if you're blown away with an offer like yeah, maybe go out and do it. But I would be careful because it's really tough to find that guy behind them playing.
Speaker 4: Do you guys agree, Like, where are we at with this?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I mean you have really in what my I think the consensus is here that Joe Mack is a generational player that they have behind the dish, both defensively and I think offensively. Whatever he does just gravy and to have multiple options is very valuable. I wouldn't touch William makes is arguably your best hitter.
Speaker 8: He's your RBI leader.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't subtract major league roster part of what's made your team competitive at the deadline just to try and like you said, get cute with it.
Speaker 5: No, And also, like we've seen the Atlanta Braves too, like Alexanthopolis is always prioritized having a couple guys there. They've had, you know, they've had Murphy Drake Baldwin like they always have to, and it seems like it always pans out for him.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I like it for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah already, Agent, I want to go to you with this because this has been a hot topic recently with Pete Fairbanks has not gone very well for him and his Marlin's ten year, especially most recently in Milwaukee, gives up the walk off bomb to William Contreras. Obviously he as a former closer. I want to get your thoughts on just Pete's season as a whole. What are you seeing with him? And how do you get out of this type of funk. He kind of admitted to it after that Milwaukee game that like, this has been really tough for him. It's been probably the toughest stretch of his career.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Man, it's really tough when you're going through, especially as a closer, when you're going through some tough times.
Speaker 1: It's one of those.
Speaker 6: Things where you know, when you're having a bad game, more than likely your team has a big chance to lose when you're going through a stretch like this. So for Pete, it's being able to get back out there, get back out there in those save situations because before he was having troubles in non saved situations and that's where the majority of his blow ups were, which is kind of common for a closer because the situation, no matter how much you try to make it the same in your head, it's just not it's not the same energy. But then it's kind of sneaking over into the actual save situations as well. And for me, it's the execution of his pitches. I mean the homer that he gave up there was two strikes. He was trying to throw a cutter inside it seemed to a arriety and it leaked back over the plate right down the middle. So it seems he's having trouble putting guys away and making his pitches when it counts the most. And for him, it's it's reverting back to that same mentality that he's always had and understanding that.
Speaker 1: He still has the stuff. It's just about.
Speaker 6: Executing his pitches a little bit better, and you have to believe that so and the Marlins need him during this stretch. So it's it's mostly just about getting back that mindset because you don't see anything mechanically, anything metrically, and nothing like that that's going on.
Speaker 1: It's strictly mindset and execution.
Speaker 6: So figuring out how to get that back into your body basically and allows you to elevate your stuff again and pitch with confidence, because right now it seems like he's not thrown with much confidence. He's thrown with emotion, and that's two different things. You can't be thrown with emotion. You got through with the confidence and that elevates your stuff. When you throw with emotion, it kind of magnifies situations and causes you to get out of your delivery, causes you to not execute your pitches. And that's what you're seeing right now. So it's just a matter of time before he gets out of it, hopefully sooner than later. But he has the stuff, his stuff is still tracking well, it's just about executing his pitches.
Speaker 1: Just a little bit better.
Speaker 3: And then going to Robert, what is pete situation right now in the trade market? Is that a name that he has even floated around? Like obviously, you know, maybe a team could say, hey, this has gotten a one year deal marks mean the rest of the money, and he's a guy that maybe they could fix or put in a different situation. Where does he stand right now? I mean, we're talking about trading major leaguers from the roster. Pete's name maybe has floated around potentially.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you look at it.
Speaker 5: He's got a seven point four to two era like the worst of his careers. You can see right there, Like how many teams are realistically going to be gunning for that? So I don't see him being like a super popular trade candidate here. But I that being said, though, like the relief market is so like bare like a role as Chapman was a guy that I thought was going to be mood for sure. Then the Red Sox somehow win fourteen in a row. They can't lose. They're never gonna lose again in Boston, so it seems like they're probably gonna end up keeping Chapman, keeping those guys, Luke Weaver.
Speaker 4: Probably, I think he'll probably end up going.
Speaker 5: Mason Miller has been the guy that's been floating around a bunch here, and I'm still skeptical that he's going to be moved. It seems like I'm in a minority compared to the rest of the national media on that, so I'll see exactly how that plays out for me. But that being said, though, I maybe a team ends up having a need for Fairbanks and there's so or having a need for a high leverage guy and there's so limited options that they end up trying to get him from Miami. But my guess is he stays put possible that maybe they can end up trying to add somebody externally, maybe a low cost guy. I don't necessarily have a name off the top of my head, but I think that could be something that they consider, and I mean, shoot, they still have some talented guys back there, but they need him, need him to perform in order to actually get back into the serious postseason consideration.
Speaker 6: Here, how much do like, especially for a lady, any guy, how much do the numbers in safe situations and non safe situations matter to teams.
Speaker 1: That are looking for this?
Speaker 6: Because I gotta go back and look, but I want to say that most of his you know, bad outings have been in non safe situations. I think up till this he's only blown four or three three saves, three saves so far up until this point, So he's been successful in that area. It's just non safe situations he's been really bad, which is he's trying to fight those numbers. So how much do teams take count account for that those type of splits?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that's definitely a legitimate thing here for sure. And like, do you keep him predominantly in that ninth inning role? Like I think if the numbers back that up, like like you're saying there, I think you absolutely have to consider that. But do you add somebody who is or you do add more depth where you can actually keep Fairbanks into the ninth inning, Like it's definitely something that teams just keep an eye on here for sure. So I think that's one of the many things that they got to consider. I wouldn't put like the bullpen as like the top priority there, but I do think that's it's definitely something they should be considering here for sure.
Speaker 9: Todd Father, are you hitting some games this summer? What's the deal?
Speaker 4: Of course?
Speaker 10: And it's real simple, Scotty Braun. You know how it is. You go to see Geek and you can find and deal you want in any section you want, even if the game sold out. Go to seat Geek and you'll find something that you love, affordable for your family that you can enjoy anywhere, anytime, at any ballpark and stadium you want enjoy it. It's the best opportunity to go see a beautiful game of baseball.
Speaker 9: And that's the thing that you can be so last minute.
Speaker 11: Sea Geek is the official ticket marketplace of Major League Baseball. They have you covered for all of your baseball ticket needs the entire summer. They also have over seventy thousand events on sea Geek that includes concerts, festivals, all kinds of sporting events.
Speaker 9: So go check it out right now. FTFAM.
Speaker 11: The code is Territory ten for ten percent off your next set of MLB tickets at Sea Geek. That's ten percent off with promo code Territory one zero. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app, and then the code automatically is added to your account so you can use it later.
Speaker 7: It's tough because you have vendor on the IL going into the season. You lose running in Reguez for the whole season. You have John King on the IL. It's just there's no word to put fair Banks because who's going to replace him? The ninth in you have Michael Peterson, But has he really ever done this at the highest level.
Speaker 8: I'm not sure, but I guess depending on where you see these standings going for.
Speaker 7: You look at the National Wildcard and this is gonna be a lot of fun going down the stretch. Cardinals, Marlins, Pirates all tied for that final wildcard spot that Marlins have all of a sudden dropped the four games behind Philadelphia, which is just irksome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the National is just.
Speaker 8: One game behind, and assuming the Padres.
Speaker 7: Go on and sell, basically it seems like four teams five teams for one spot. What do you what do you predict this ends up looking like the playoff picture of.
Speaker 5: The National League. Oh, that's a great question here. I still think the Cubs end up making it. I think Philadelphia makes it. Can I go with an odd ball one? I'm going with the Pirates to make it here too.
Speaker 4: Oh no, yeah, which I know I'm on of Marlins podcast.
Speaker 5: People are gonna be eat me alive for But like I'm in the Pittsburgh Pirates trade. Man, Like they they have had such a like a like a nice turnarund there. They got these young pieces there, they have such a strong core.
Speaker 4: Expect them to add.
Speaker 5: I don't know if they're gonna go out and make like a big splashy move by any means, but you add controllable pieces to that team where they can compete this year and they'll also going forward. I think Ben Cherrington's done a really nice job turning around. I know he's gotten a bunch of flak, but I also think he deserves some credit here. That being said, though, I'm not discounting the Miami Marlins, and I'm not just saying that to try to save face here, but like they're obviously going through a tough stretch, but they've had such a strong season. You add maybe someone to third base, maybe another pitcher as well, then I think we could be cooking with gas here. So you know what, Like, I think the Marlins absolutely have a chance here. I get it's been bad, but they shouldn't deter them from going on buying and I am absolutely adamant about that.
Speaker 3: I guess on the flip side there, Robert, what would it take for them to sell? What would it take for the Marlins to just say, hey, you know, they continue to play that they're on this losing streak. They have a tough schedule coming up with the Padres, Phillies, Matt's Braves, a lot of Division opponents just at this. What would it take for them to say, hey, maybe either we stand pat or we are gonna have to move off of a couple pieces. So just look forward to twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 8: Five in a row, more, five more in a row.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, do the exact opposite of what the Red Sox are doing and just lose out because it's I just I can't see him going out and doing it. And obviously teams around the league would probably love that because if the Marlins just lost until the deadline, they would probably mean that the chances of a Sandy El Contra trader probably going up. But I still can't see Sandy going anywhere. I'd be really surprised if they're in a position to go out and sell. Like, I get, the schedules tough, but it's not like the Potters are like unbeatable. I mean, they're behind the Marlins in the wild card standings. Here, Philadelphia is going to be tough and they're going to be very aggressive on the market. I would expect Dave Dombroski and Preston Manningley to make multiple moves there to address that team, so they'll only get better. But I just again, I cannot see the Marlins be in a position to sell, and I personally don't hope that happens because Marlins fans deserve a team that's actually going on and contending.
Speaker 7: Speaking of the podcast, I'm curious to get your thoughts on the whole Mason Miller situation because obviously I don't think that Miami is going to be a candidate to land him. Unfortunately or fortunately, however, you look at acquiring big time relievers, but what kind of prospect package is a J. Piller going to demand in return after giving away le would I'm just curious what your thoughts are on what that never looks like.
Speaker 5: I would imagine he's got to be looking for something better than he gave up last year. Yeah, or that, or like obviously the scenario that's been floating around of attaching Xander Ballgards to that contract, and like, again, I don't I don't see that happening. I can't see any or any team being in a hurry to go out and doing that. But okay, let's let's take a step back here for a second, because this is something that's been on my mind just ever since the Mace Miller.
Speaker 4: Rumors have been popping out here. A J.
Speaker 5: Prowler wanted Mason Miller badly. He coveted him for multiple years. He finally got and gave up the number two prospect in baseball to go out and get him. Miller's been phenomenal ever since they got him, and he's been the best reliever ball and you then a year later go out and trade him again, Like I.
Speaker 4: It's a smell test to me.
Speaker 5: Like AJ probably keeps his guys he'll find a way to keep him. But that being said, though he listens on everything. I'm not kidding you. If you could trade like one of the four of us, he probably would. He'll listen on all of us. It's freaking crazy, but everything, he listens on everything, And if he gets an offer that he deems like he cannot turn down, he'll trade you. But like that being said, I don't think. I don't think Miller is likely going to be moved again. I could be wrong. I've been surprised before, especially with probably He's always a wild card, But I just don't see this one happening here.
Speaker 8: Robert.
Speaker 3: I'm curious how do the CDA negotiations or the impending lockout effect this deadline, specifically with maybe teams fearing or you know, I guess the owners hoping that there's a salary cap and ceiling that do teams add to the payrolls this time around, or do you think it's just business as usual.
Speaker 5: I think it's gonna be business as usual, But I would also see teams really prioritizing guys for controllable and cheap and like obviously hear that every deadline, But I think this deadline something that's like even more in focus. So I expect there to be plenty of moves for sure. I would also expect a lot of those moves to becoming closer to the deadline day of August third. I would also keep this in mind here as well, as I would expect there to be more extensions across the league, because one thing I learned from the last CBA stuff was that players wanted that financial certainty. They wanted to know, Okay, I'm going to be with this team, I got my money guaranteed, I know where I'm going to be. So I could see players really trying to get extend. We've already seen a bunch here, Chase Burns, Kyle Bradish, JJ Weatherholt. Obviously those guys weren't, like especially weather Holton Burns, they weren't close to free agency. But I would expect there to be more talks across the league, and it sounds like there already are a good amount that are happening behind the scenes here.
Speaker 7: Robert, we are what was it, thirteen days until the trade dead line? The Marlins sit four games? Are they three games over five hundred? Still tough schedule coming up, like we said, not super tough, but tough enough.
Speaker 8: You see where they've been struggling. You see where they have been succeeding.
Speaker 7: What are your top two deadline needs for this Miami Marlins team. We'll see how they compare with ours. Okay, So first of all, I'll go third base.
Speaker 5: I think that's something where they got to go out and do something here whether okay, like the options for hitting are so limited here, but okay, let me let me let me go through my process here for third base. I had a rival executive tell me that he thought Matt Chapman would be a really good fit for Philadelphia. So let's say Philadelphia goes out and gets Chapman. What exactly happens without Boom? Could Boom then become a fit for the Marlins? Like again, like that's a big salary. So I don't know if necessarily to go out and do something like that, yeah, or would Philly even trade them within the division? He's also on an expiring contracts. I don't know. I don't I cannot see Miami going out and getting Chapman. I think that'd be a bigger and bigger thing there for sure. But I would also go I would also go starting pitcher. I think that could end up being adding some depth there for sure. Again I mentioned a reliever, but I think starting pitcher in third base, not in that order, third base then starting pitcher.
Speaker 4: What was that stack of it where you guys are at or what are we talking about?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean over the last three years, I thought Connor Norby was going to be the answer.
Speaker 8: They thought Countin norb was going to be the answer.
Speaker 1: Maybe not.
Speaker 7: Grind Polly would be sort of solidified there at third base for his defensive prowess, but just neither of them have really learned how to hit major league pitching. They've tried Christopher Morrell, They've tried Higersonov but they like him off the bench.
Speaker 8: They've tried Leo Jimenez for a way longer than we all would have liked.
Speaker 7: So, yeah, third base is number one on that board because you're supposed to get offense from that position.
Speaker 8: They have the worst third base production all of major League baseball.
Speaker 12: Unfortunately, if and when the Marlins make a trade to a just third base, maybe it's a different story. In the meantime, you're best off riding with a different position to help you score a win with fan duel Daily Dingers during this Miami Marlins season. Joining the action is so easy. You just make a free pick on who's hitting a home run in their game, and if you're right, you get a profit boost to use on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. Just another reason why FanDuel is the home of home runs. At this time last year, Kyle Stowers put the Marlins on his back. He won July National League Player of the Month largely due to his power, and he's been slumping as bad as anybody during this Marlins losing streak, so I think the Marlins have to look at him. You got to expect that things are going to turn on for Stours and that Marls might only go as far as he does when it comes to turning this season around. His power is plentiful and you know what's in there, and you've seen it even at Flashes during this twenty twenty sixth season. It's about time that he really finds his groove again. Head over to FanDuel dot com Slash podcast to get started. That's FanDuel dot Com Slash podcast to opt in for Daily Dingers and make your pick for who's hitting a home run, playball and swing for the fences on FanDuel, an official partner of Major League Baseball.
Speaker 5: And I'm gonna flip this on you guys, Now, do you do you boys have a dream target for the Miami Marlins?
Speaker 8: We think well, o Roldest chairman, was that guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you like the.
Speaker 8: Cuban missile, like finally in Miami.
Speaker 7: I think the Marins have been trying to get him for such a long time, since I've been a kid, like, They've always wanted to have him here and it never worked out. I think that would have really electrified this crowd, you know, a Cuban star for the first time until that would have been a lot of fun. But yeah, that was my guy, Kevin. I don't know if you guys have one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's a Chapman. I mean, still, what he's doing at this age and this point in his career is insane.
Speaker 4: Just that would have been an awesome option.
Speaker 3: Just I mean, you could have had the opportunity to have two closures, one one of Lefty, the other one's the writing with Fairbanks, And that would have been awesome, honestly, and it would have slowified the back end of the bullpen, and you add Bender into that mix and John King, who's had a really nice season for the Marlins.
Speaker 4: The Marlins already had a top ten bullpen in baseball.
Speaker 3: You were probably looking at like top five or top three with all those guys healthy plus Chapman.
Speaker 4: For sure, I love that. That would have been a great fit. AG Do you have one or was it Chapman?
Speaker 1: I mean Chapman would be dope. I didn't. I don't have one specifically.
Speaker 6: I have to look at what the options are, like I know for the Marlins, for me, a third baseman would be would be huge. That's one of the biggest needs. And obviously adding a bullpen guy. I mean, you can never have too much bullpen help and a starter like depth again pitching, you always need pitching. But for me, I think the third baseman for sure, I don't know who. I don't know if Matt, like you mentioned Matt Chapman, I don't know if you would be a fit. As far as the makeup wise, I don't know. I mean, he's a veteran guy, but they do different things differently with the Marlins.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure he.
Speaker 6: Fits that type of system, right, you know, So it may there may be some headbutting going on there. Even though he's a great player, good veteran guy. It just didn't seem wouldn't it wouldn't work out. So that's one of the things too, is that when they add, they want to add someone that fits their current system. And I got to do a little bit more digging to see how and who would would fit better best at that spot because there's a lot of teams. I mean, the Yankees need a third basement and you know, they.
Speaker 1: Have a lot of.
Speaker 6: Prospect capital to get maybe a third baseman, more so than the Marlins, because the Yankees are in for sure by mode, you know what I mean. The Marlins are do more crafty things. So it's a tough position right now, and I don't see very many options.
Speaker 1: But Peter Bendix is crafty man. We'll see.
Speaker 6: We'll see what kind of magic heat he does and what kind of diamond in a rough he finds, possibly and see what they do with that.
Speaker 3: One guy would love and not maybe a dream, but read detvers on this team, multiple years of control, young starting pitcher. You put him to the middle of the back end of that rotation. Finally able to move Tyler Phillips back to the bullpen where I think he rightfully belongs, not saying he's been a bad starter by any means, but just fits more in that bullpen roll high leverage, especially where the team is right now with the injuries, Detmers would be an awesome get.
Speaker 4: For this Marlins team. I whole heartedly agree.
Speaker 5: I mean, you add him to that, I mean, hoys, folks, man, I'd be freaking sweet. I mean, you you add him. He's although he's gonna it's gonna cost the Kings ransom to go out and get him. Yeah, a bunch of teams after him. I still think the Chicago White Sox would be an awesome fit for a guy like Read, especially for rotation.
Speaker 4: Help you add him like, oh, like the other one too.
Speaker 5: If if you want to maximize Read Detmvers' abilities, get him in a net Brews pitching lab.
Speaker 4: Oh my yeah, we'd be cooking like they did.
Speaker 5: You guys see what they end up doing yesterday with a Lancema Colors Like he looked like a totally different guy.
Speaker 1: I missed it.
Speaker 5: He just looked crisp. They switched up with a few different things with his arsenal. I mean obviously he's one outing, but like, yeah, Chris Hook and that Chris Hook in that pitching lab or like that pitching crew that they got there.
Speaker 4: In Milwaukee is just remarkable. So shout out to those guys for sure.
Speaker 7: I think what we could also ask you is, what do you think that Texas Rangers are going to do? Is there sort of in that little weird bubble situation there in the standings, and I think there are some potential targets that they have that I think could be of interest to Miami.
Speaker 8: So what do you think the Texas Rangers are going to do?
Speaker 5: So I didn't know it's Colin today, and I'm pretty sure I ended up doing a shrug emoji for the Texas Rangers because they're kind of up in the air at this point. They don't necessarily know what they're going to do, if they're going to go buy it or if they're going to sell. But if they do add, I don't think it's gonna be anything too too crazy. I would look for them possibly at like a high leverage reliever. If they do add, maybe a bat or like a right handed bat I think would make a lot of sense for them. But I'm not expecting anything overly too splashy for them. I did think Louis Urryes could be a fit, but I don't know if that's like the most likely thing at this point.
Speaker 7: Yeah, do you feel there's any extra pressure for these Rangers just since that World Series year?
Speaker 8: It just hasn't really broken through yet.
Speaker 7: And maybe you know Chris Young Skip Schumacher, they sort of want to really, I guess not too much, but I feel like they'd be a little bit aggressive this trade the line.
Speaker 5: You would think they're definitely gonna be this submergency there for sure, but they also view this as like the beginning of their new little era there because they got obviously Skip Schumachers.
Speaker 4: This is his first year.
Speaker 5: He's been obviously like a terrific manager, both in Miami and now here. There was a bunch of teams that wanted to go out and hire him. It is confirmed by the way that we got that I had the shrug emoji. So that's about remembering what I wrote earlier today.
Speaker 4: So that's good.
Speaker 5: But I again, I just don't think it's gonna be anything overly too crazy from from Texas here.
Speaker 4: I just I'm not expecting much.
Speaker 6: What do you got on the On the Astros, I know they're kind of up against it, and they got a Spada and Dana Brown that they're in their contract years right, so it feels like they will buy what do you what do you got on them?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I definitely think they're gonna be in a position to buy. I think adding an impact starter would be something that'd be really smart for them. They saved two point five million bucks by trading Lastpa colors, so they have a little bit more flexibility. Do they go out and get a school type? Do they get a Dept Meers type? What exactly does that look like? I think tbd. But one thing that I've advocated for them to do is listen on Josh Hater because I don't think Chapman or oldest Chapman's going to be moved as of this point. I mean Luke Weaver possibly, But if you're the Astros and you can end up getting some really strong value for a Gley Josh Harry still signed for two more years nineteen million a year, I think that would be something where you can trade him and then use those funds to add maybe another big name or two to the other part of the rosters, so.
Speaker 4: Some maneuvering there. We've seen the Brewers try to do that.
Speaker 5: With Hater in the past, where they've tried moving him and then they tried making a bigger splash. There are some names still unconfirmed on my end, so it's been a few years since.
Speaker 4: I've been able to try to chase that.
Speaker 5: But I think the Astros could end up trying to do something like that, trying to take advantage of a week high end relief market.
Speaker 4: So I'm expecting them to do big things.
Speaker 7: Though You've been doing this for a while, mister Rober, I'm curious what is like the one Marlins deadline move in the last I don't know, let's call it a decade, that really just opened your eyes a little bit.
Speaker 8: We're like, wow, I did not expect that.
Speaker 4: Can I can?
Speaker 5: I be totally honest with you, It's gonna end up being what they their big deadline sell off that they had, Like it was, I'm not can you?
Speaker 4: I was texting it was a couple of years. It was the last year is a two years one? I mean, yeah, I'm not. I remember I was like, I'm friends with Craig Mish and Craig is like I have.
Speaker 5: His tweet notifications on come deadline time, and every single tweet I was getting was a Craig Mish deadline notification that the Marlins were making it trade and Isaac, I'm pretty sure you were breaking stuff too, Like I've seen you break a bunch of news.
Speaker 4: I'm not kidding.
Speaker 5: It was one of the most impressive deadline displays I think I've ever seen. And I like the first question that I asked Peter Bendix that like after I saw him. I think it was at the GM meetings. It's like, how how long did you sleep after that? Because like, I can't even imagine being part of something like that.
Speaker 4: I can't remember what he told me.
Speaker 5: But like, you know what, I think that stands out to me as probably the craziest and also too, like that the the Trevor Rodgers deal with the with the Orioles and the immediate reaction after that. I mean, it's crazy how it's kind of like turned around and gone.
Speaker 7: Back and forth, man, because initially I'm like, oh, wow, great, pretty good, you had Norby bad, don't even think about Stours.
Speaker 8: Rogers has an awful year down to Triple A.
Speaker 7: Then he becomes incredibly good again, and the Marlins sort of, you know, both of their pieces have sort of struggled a little bit.
Speaker 8: So baseball's hard, man, it's really hard.
Speaker 4: It's incredibly hard. But yeah, it's why you can't give up on these guys too early.
Speaker 5: Like again, I get that the guys that the Marlins acquired kind of struggled a bit, but you know what, to be patient with them because.
Speaker 4: It's it's a it's a long race here.
Speaker 5: It's it's not over after this year, not even over after after this point.
Speaker 8: Here, man, ridiculous. Yeah, everyone leaves Miami. They started raking, hitting three.
Speaker 12: Hundreds Jetski Rentals of South Florida. They present all of our podcast efforts here on fish on First, Miami's best jet ski in boat adventures Jetske Rentals of South Florida with six jitski locations and over one hundred and twenty boats, There's something for every style and every budget. Right Jetski's running from the Downtown Skyline and ferris Wheel. Or book your own private boat starting as love as three hundred dollars with the captain included. Bring your drinks to your friends and enjoyed the water your way the boat is completely yours for the time you reserve it. The reservation based only to book called three oh five nine nine oh two one nine two or check them out online at SF jet Ski rentals dot com. Make sure to use our promo code fish on first and that gets to a ten percent discount off your next booking. Again that's three oh five nine nine to oh two one nine two, or online at SF jetski Rentals dot com.
Speaker 3: I'll see this on like Twitter or something like when Trevor Rodgers struggles, Kyle Stowers struggles, When Trevor's been good, Kyle Stowers been good to look at last year. Now this year they both got off to struggling starts. Now they're both really good again. So it's it's such a weird trade, but it's worked out. But what do you think happens with Trevor Robert? I think he's on a one year deal. Ools have extended a couple guys, Boz Bradish, could he be next?
Speaker 8: What's going on there with trev.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as far as the oils go, like, I think if they are in a position where they definitely sell, I would look at guys who are on expiring contracts and Taylor Ward stands out to me immediately as a guy that could be moved, and.
Speaker 8: I think Philadelphia would be a great fit for Ward.
Speaker 5: Like if Rogers is on an expiring contract, then I think it would really behoove them to go out and listen on him, because you look at the starting pitching market, there's obviously a bunch of names, but a lot of these contending teams are going to be looking for starting pitching. So I definitely think a Gully Rodgers would be like a great fit for a lot. We've seen also some Addi Ruschman buzz here as well, and I'm skeptical he's ultimately going to be moved. I have not gotten the indication that they're like in a hurry to move him, but I can imagine a guy like AJ Proballer just continually beating down the door to try to acquire him, because like, if there's a generational generation is probably a bit strong, but like a really good first overall pick type like that who's produced at the major league level possibly available, I can see probably trying to get involved with that because we've seen it with Jared Duran and Rutchman, especially with they're catching wows like that really stands out to me for sure.
Speaker 3: All right it up here then, Robert really appreciate the time. Thank you for doing this and uh from Aga Isaac and myself. See guys all next week. Peace out and as always, go fish.
Speaker 4: Thank you boys.
Speaker 2: Twenty one plus select states for Kansas and affiliation with Kansas Star Casino eighteen plus DC Kentucky, Wyoming. No purchase necessary, opt in required. Bonus issued is non withdrawable, profit boost tokens, restrictions supply including any token expiration and max wager romount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler Call one eight hundred my reset one eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven. Visit CCPG dot org, slash chat Connecticut, visit MD gamblinghelp dot org. Maryland Visit Gambling Helpline MA dot org. Call eight hundred three two seven five zero five zero Massachusetts call one eight seven seven eight Hope and why.
Speaker 1: Text hope and why.
Speaker 2: New York call one eight seven seven seven seven zero seven eight six seven Louisiana
Speaker 7: H