Speaker 1: Pretty good.
Speaker 2: How are you, well, I guess what stood out most when you're watching the film at the Green Bay game?
Speaker 1: Is it the best tackles or I guess that's one of them.
Speaker 2: I mean it was just you know, the tail of the halfs with the the run game, you know, especially in the first half, tackling was apart. Some was you know one early on I got you know, got got with a call. We tried to pressure there early and just it worked for them and not for us, So they got us. We could have tackled him for eight and then there was a really really good open field spin move. Yeah, and they got eighteen out of it. So it's like you'd like it to cut it to eight and not being explosive, but you know, they had got us there. And then just some other you know plays in the in the run game early. I mean, we made some adjustments and you know, fix that in the second half. But it's hard when you get behind like that, and you know, we didn't take the ball. I think we had multiple ops, so they made their ops we didn't. It makes a huge difference in the game. So when they can control every aspect of it, starting with the run game and then we didn't you know, five or five in the red zone. You can't do that. I don't care how they get down there, we can't. So the list is pretty long in my book. You know, we did something's good, but there's a lot that we can be better at, and our guys know it.
Speaker 1: We're determined and we got to fix it.
Speaker 3: What's your coaching style? You missed nineteen tackles? You're the coordinator. I mean, do you start you lose it, you start throwing stuff, or are you calm or you start calling guys out? I mean, what's your what's the process?
Speaker 2: I don't I'm not a yeller. I mean it's you're It's pretty pretty evident. It's coach it up and we got to fix it or find someone else, you know that can do it. But I think in that game, there was just it was a consistent not running our feet. And I think a lot of it came down to the running back too. I think we knew going into it was we had to get body on body. But he was really good. He's a really good jump cutter, he's good on the spin. I mean he's as good as they got or good as they get in the league. I think so with us. It's why I continue to work tackling circuit every every week. It's hard when you don't have the pads on, and so even when we take them off, we're still going to do it because you can go whole practice and not really get that. So it's emphasizing running your feet, wrap, squeeze, drive for five and it showed up in the game.
Speaker 3: So there are no acceptable excuses. But now, are you seeing fatigue with the players, because sometimes when guys fall off tackles, sometimes it's just they get to a certain point they're running out of gas.
Speaker 1: I mean you could. I don't see that.
Speaker 2: I don't think that because our guys trained hard and they're they're prepared. I just think it's it's the consciousness of you see so many times people approach a tackle and we talked about you know, sprint tackling earlier in the year, when we talked about the tackling and you know runners like that that can jump cut. They want you to come up and come to balance, where a lot of people think you need to come up, come to balance, sit in a chair. But the best thing you can do is just keep going, keep running your feet. It's just continually wrapping it and having that mindset of just accelerating through and not if you stop, he will juke you. He will catch you on a jump cut and get you moved and then be able to especially with him because he could you know, run through an edge, like run through his shoulder because how fast he could reaccelerate. So it's it's just applying what we already know and being as detailed as possible on executing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, after the game, Fred said they presented different run looks than what we had prepared for in the first half.
Speaker 1: What did I think? There was some there were some formations.
Speaker 2: I mean they didn't do it quite as much you know, leading up to it, and they did it a few times in the game. We had wrapped him during the week, but not like quite as much. So that was part of the stuff that we had to fix and you know, make those adjustments.
Speaker 1: But yeah, austments are thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, We're just we're always talking through stuff and you know, do we need to you know, change a call, do we need to you know, we see it this way. That's why you have the little pads on the sideline. And we talked through stuff how we saw it. You know, we're talking with the guys upstairs, talking with the players. You know, some games you adjust, some times you don't. It just there's always continuous. It just depends.
Speaker 1: Address the twelve men on the field. Penalties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just it's pure communication. I mean, it's starts with me. We emphasize and we have to fix it. Were doing all we can to do. It starts with nonverbal, then it turns to verbal. Know who's in, know who's out, and what personnel grouping, whether it's nickel bass or you go with bigger, you know, more d linemen. I think the first one was more they were approaching the huddle in a way that you know, to me, it seemed quicker because they had subbed got to the huddle, and that's something for me. I feel like we were should be allowed to sub you know, I'm just we're still working through what the exact rules on that are because they subbed late into the huddle, so we you know, need to be able to sub That's what there's kind of an argument about it. And then the second one, there's no excuse. There's no excuse, players, coaches, all of us.
Speaker 1: That's the red zone and the goal line you talked about. Yep, what have you seen out of the goal line defense this year? That is?
Speaker 3: Are there any strides or is it simple breakdowns or what's gone wrong?
Speaker 2: I mean it's some I feel like we're getting hits on guys. It's not like super easy, you know, it's they you just can't let them get them any shots.
Speaker 1: And the closer you get, the harder it gets.
Speaker 2: Like we can be We're like hitting a guy, and but it's on the one or the two, and you keep getting a yard and a yard.
Speaker 1: It's really cool.
Speaker 2: If it was on the fifteen and you hit them and they get a yard, you're like, all right, it's second and nine. Or if they do it again, okay, cool, it's you know, third and eight. But you're down low. So we got to do our best to not let them get in the low low and continue to find ways to execute the right way so they don't get point a touchdown. It's a four point difference, huge difference, especially with that many of them.
Speaker 3: What's the challenge this week? Buffalo's scored thirty I think in six straight games or five straight games, they got a couple of.
Speaker 2: Look like it's all that. I think it starts with Josh Allen. I think he continues to get better. He's all the you know what he's always been, you know, effective in being able to run and scramble and find guys. The difference I think with him this year he's just being more effective. He's grown as far as being able to throw on time. If you give him something, he has the arm to be able to rip it, you know, wherever that you know given throw is. But he can also he's really good at moving guys, you know, in zones and you know, being pinpoint accurate with it. But how fast and how he can accelerate the throws. And then you know, with him, it's his size and his speed, the ability to throw it on the run, especially down the field. A lot of guys don't have that vision downfield. I feel like he sees that really really well and he can throw it really really well and he can find the gap that he needs to escape, but then also still stay alive and in certain situations, you know, he can run you over or he can slide, So you have to be ready for both and be able to act to both.
Speaker 1: Doing this long time as a player and a coach. You know how this works because the super.
Speaker 2: Bowl and the other five and six all sorts of criticism for everybody.
Speaker 1: Yes, get hey, what's wrong with you? It's coordinated? How would you assess your performance? And you know, just kind of how you've done this.
Speaker 2: I'm just focused on each week. I honestly, that's the truth. If we don't win, I feel like it's not good enough. That's the truth. That's all I care about. I don't know all the numbers whatever, I don't not here to assess where I'm at. I'm about are we winning and then are we getting better? You know, are we working hard to get better? And are we winning the game. So if we don't win, it's not good enough. I mean, it's never gonna be perfect, so we can always coach it and get better. I feel like our guys have gotten better because we've had some new guys and I'd like to see the development of them. But it's not about moral victories in that way. It's it's good to see our guys grow. I'm really proud of them and that they battle and they get better. And I think as a unit we are getting better. You want to see it applied and you know, win the game yep, thanks guys,