Speaker 1: Peace of the planet, Charlamagne the God here and as we come closer the closing out this year, I just want to say thank you for tuning into the Black Effect Podcast Network. There have been so many great moments over the past year. Take a listen to some of those captivating moments in this special best of episode.
Speaker 2: All Right, yob.
Speaker 3: All across the usc Compton watch Bank to La, come on to California, y day. From out in the valley, we represent that Keller County. So if you're keeping it real on your side of your town, you're tuning into Gangst The Chronicles.
Speaker 4: Conic Goals. He gonna tell you how we go.
Speaker 3: If I lie, my notes will girl like Pinocchio.
Speaker 2: We're gonna tell you the truth and nothing but the choose.
Speaker 3: The Chronic Goals.
Speaker 4: This is not your average show.
Speaker 3: You're now tuned into the real MC ain't big stare.
Speaker 2: The Streets.
Speaker 5: We welcome to the Gainst the Chronicles podcast, the production off iHeart Radio and Black Effect Podcast Network. Make sure you download the I Heard app and subscribe to Against the Chronicles. For my Apple users, hit the Purple Michael your front screen, subscribe it Against the Chronicles. Leave a five star rating the comment it's another episode of Against the Chronicles podcast. It's your boy big Steal along with Yip y'all finally got them back up in here. Hey, what's going on with you?
Speaker 2: Good bro?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm straight man, just chilling, trying to.
Speaker 4: Take it easy, man.
Speaker 5: Heck you back. You know, I want to touch with some football a little bit, just a little bit out the norm norm. You see, the Jets fired the head coach. Yeah, I saw that. You think it was too soon? You think they gave him enough time to try to change the situation around.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, shit, just like everybody shay when you when you don't have a good record and you got a star quarterback, which really dictate a lot of what's going on. And I guess everybody could see that the relationship wasn't you know, it wasn't substantial between them too, So it was just a matter of time before they got rid of it and brought somebody in that you know, he probably approves of better.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: You know what though, it seemed like right now the players kind of controlling what goes on in the league.
Speaker 6: Well, when you got a star player, definitely they gonna dictate something. You know, you gotta you got a veteran, you know, you gotta Tom Brady, you gotta Aaron Rodgers, you got somebody of significance, you know, Patrick Mahomes or whatever. Star players got star power. They're able to dictate you know, a lot of shit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what though, that's a slippery slope though, because I do believe the coach has to take ultimate accountability. But at the end of the day, them dudes got to go out there and play. They all making a whole bunch of money. They got to go out there and perform.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that too, but.
Speaker 6: They gonna put it on the fact of the game plan of what the head coach is doing. I'm not following right now, so it's altering my play you.
Speaker 4: Know, I'm a start player. I know what I can do.
Speaker 6: But if I got a coach whose playbook is altering my motherfucking position, then it's gonna be some complaints going damn especially you know what's more valuable.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's real. And with the amount of money they paying these head coaches, man, I guess they gotta hold them accountable.
Speaker 6: We're not gonna get ready to start, so somebody's got to take the helm and that's usually the head coach.
Speaker 5: You know what, if they don't start winning after this, he'd be gone next because that's the where usually go. I see, man, you know I'm gonna touch on something nels too. You see, USC lost the Minnesota this past weekend. My son's am a matyrn. I'm a big SC fan, always have been, always, probably will continue on. But they're paying Lincoln Rally a lot of money. Man, he gotta win those type of games.
Speaker 4: Man, Yeah, you can't under and a lot of.
Speaker 6: Upsets and ship this week this past week. The thing is, you just can't underestimate the underdog, which a lot of high profile teams do. A team to underestimate the underdog and not realizing that, you know, we got us a couple of portal players too over here, you get me. So the grit and the determination from the underdog might overwhelm the re laxation of the star team that weekend. And you know, you look up, a motherfucker jump on you twenty one nothing, and you know now you gotta play catch up all game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what the problem is, though, bro, I noticed SC's defense been playing real good, man, SC need a defensive mind, that head coached me. Ain't ain't no knock against Lincoln. I'm not talking bad against him, but when you're paying somebody one hundred million dollars, bro, they gotta win, and he don't have been there for three years right now. They should beat like this should have been the year that they was gonna really play for a national lamp, a national championship. They should have beat Michigan a few weeks ago. And I know they didn't have some calls go they way for fuck them calls. The game shouldn't even been that close. Michigan don't even got a quarterback. They should have beat Michigan and they damn sure shouldn't have lost to No. Minnesota. And the thing is, you put up seventeen points. I think they need to make a change in quarterback. I wouldn't mind seeing the kid to transfer from UNF come in because at the end of the day, you gotta have a dynamic quarterback. Especially you got to think about Lincoln Riley in the past and his systems. He's had Baker Maysfield, he got the brother he had Baker Mayfield, he got the kid that came out last year. He got the other brother to play for Philly. So he's had all of these dynamic quarterbacks, right, they can run, scramble and do stuff. He's never really had a quarterback that it was just a statue just staying back there and just throw the football. That's the kid is not.
Speaker 4: I'm not against him.
Speaker 5: I like him a lot. He was there when my son was there. But they need they gotta win games, bro, and they gotta happen.
Speaker 7: Now, what up?
Speaker 5: What up? What up? What up?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 7: That almost sounded like the Pink Panther stuff when I did that. What up? What up?
Speaker 5: What up?
Speaker 7: What up? What up?
Speaker 5: It's another episode of Against the Chronicles podcast. It's your boy, big steal and I got my homeboy back. My dog is back, my my nime shit was crying. Man, you ain't gonna hit us off with the jail all.
Speaker 4: Ship, nigger.
Speaker 6: I'm over here looking at all this fucking technical shit. Jail, this technical shit that you got them set up around here.
Speaker 7: Oh man, it's about to get even more technical on there.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 5: But you know what's crazy, Bro, I don't like doing the show without you, dog, but I had the soldier it through last week.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 5: We didn't want to miss no episodes or far behind, and it was cool. We had DJ scream in here, right, So he held her down with me. But you know, people get mad because I am a celebrit tweet like you. They be like, man, where a at? I think they be feeling slighted. Ah shit, they'd be like, man, I ain't come to do the show with you?
Speaker 7: Where is he?
Speaker 4: That exact?
Speaker 6: Well, shit, you know sometime motherfucker's at the you know, other shit comes about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's exactly, And.
Speaker 7: That's why I got you set up over there because you might have to hold it down for.
Speaker 4: Me one day exactly. So you know what I'm saying. We got to.
Speaker 5: Get the show going. So man, I guess, I guess we get started, and I got a different take on it. You know what I always say, Dog, the funds and the games and the jokes is all good until they wind up happening to you, right. I think they starting to weaponize this recoact thing, man, because I was looking at Didy stuff and yeah, a lot of stuff he did was morally incorrect, but I really believe that a lot of people that was over there with him and involved in that stuff was doing so they are.
Speaker 4: On free will, right, I don't know.
Speaker 5: You know, that's between him and God and him and his creator. But the court of public opinion is a mothersucker dog. Court of public opinion is something else. Yeah, But as I was saying, bro, the court of opinion is a motherfucker right, right, people like people fall.
Speaker 6: I just let me tell you something. No, let's correct that we as niggas like to see another nigga.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 5: I was trying to be nice about it.
Speaker 6: I just I just I just told the only rich that you know, because the homely rich hit meet. You know, we're making jokes and shit, you know, making niggas making jokes, and you know the baby oilo shit and all that niggas is making jokes. But at the end of the day, man, we we we laughed at another nigga because of all niggas feel a certain way where you know it's a nigga out of position. You know, niggas yell air mansions and parties and pulling up with one hundred security, and you know it makes you feel you're not the average nigga. You know, you know, you're just a peasant, right, And niggas, some niggas like to flix that all other nigga.
Speaker 4: You get me.
Speaker 6: And of course you might buy a nigga's records or go to the parties or the shows or whatever, but you know, most of the time, in the back of your brain, you know, for some of us, the jealousy and hate for the motherfuckers be real. You know, I'm a motherfucker, and it's niggas who ain't never met Puffy stood next to him in his life or whatever, and they are because you're the dumb nigga. And you know the question I asked my nigga, rich nigga, if you had a hundred billion dollars, you be having freak parties and bitches with a gang of mother fucking lubricants and baby or you know what.
Speaker 4: The nigga said, God damn right.
Speaker 5: Single man. You know, I think you're gonna ask some stuff going on, you know what. And it's funny to hear the kind of thought. I remember when we was going through our little trauma over here against the chronicles, it was people that was actually like they was glad bro oh, just oh with for your and like Biggy said, niggas pray for your downfall, man, And that is real ship.
Speaker 4: Like niggas right now who feel like I'd be glad when that nigga know him, fall on this one fucking ass.
Speaker 6: I can't, you know, I can't. But and then but that's like a nigga who's hating. But then niggas see you know you and wife he pull up and that and that you know what I'm saying, and assume.
Speaker 4: You you get me.
Speaker 6: That's the perception niggas have with looks is everything you feel me just hate that nigga see you pulling up in something new, Gonna start hating. Not because nigga, I work hard for the wife, work hard for you know whatever.
Speaker 4: Niggas just instantly jealous and not.
Speaker 5: You know what, not thinking that both of our people got pretty good careers right right. And it's almost like with black people, you can't work for nothing, bro, Like like they think, oh, well you got this.
Speaker 4: People want to work.
Speaker 5: People wake up. You know, my wife wake up at five o'clock every morning, bro, go do what she do. I'll wake up every day and go do what I do. And it's a whole bunch of like for us to have we have, it's a whole bunch of things that we have to do you got to go out on the road and do shows. You gotta, you know, do podcast here and there. We do other little things. We have other little things that we do in order to just get by. And we don't have no like you know what, man, I'm blessed and fortunate man to have the little stuff I got, But I don't have no We don't have no islands nowhere, no man, shit is on.
Speaker 7: You know, it's regular people.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna do things a little different tonight, man, because I get tired of being fucking professional.
Speaker 4: Man like that.
Speaker 5: I get tired of being fucking professional. I get tired of I've been doing the same thing. I thought about it today. We've been doing this show since twenty eighteen, and it's twenty twenty four. Now, that's a long time.
Speaker 8: I remember when you came up with it in the loft downtown.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I remember that, and it sort of got away from what my original mission was with it. The show was always supposed to be Eggy, right. But you know, when you have personnel changes, you can't necessarily do this. You know, you can't necessarily keep the same thing going on. When you changed the team up a little bit, you feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, like I said, we always the goal to push to me is to get to get this show to change over the Gangster Rap Chronicles. Like Gangster Chronicles was always a brilliant idea, you know what i mean. With the original personnel, you know what I'm saying, it was always perfect, like it was cast it for the idea, and now the new cast it doesn't necessarily fit.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 8: Y'all not super vested in criminology and crimes.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 8: Y'all both probably did your fair shared crimes in your in your day. But really, you know what I'm saying, y'all, more like you're an executive of gangster rap music, you know what I mean, You manage a couple gangster rappers. Eight is a first ballot Hall of Fame, you know, gangster rappers. So I feel like that's why I was always pushing you to move the show into a gangster Rap chronicle perspective and then really have a bunch of dope conversations. But again, the hard part about business is business, you know what I'm saying, the consistency of a brand and you know, moving the space and changing the feed and you know, how do the fans react? But like I genuinely think you know your audience would love it. You know what I mean because to hear you and eight speak about gangster rap, you're gonna get like forty years of wisdom in a completely different space.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know what, bro, and I wish you know, shout out to the homie eight. He may be popping me in for a minute. My man, been real sick for the past few weeks.
Speaker 4: Will you know?
Speaker 5: You know, get will eight? But got the homy glass of malone here with me? One thing about it, dough. See, whatever we're doing, we gotta be egy with it. Like when I created this show, it was to be exgy, and to be exy you have to have an opinion. Dog, I'm so sick of sitting in the middle of shit because people don't want to upset nobody, And I get it. You feel what I'm saying. Don't nobody want beef, man, But I'm tired of it. Man, So from here on ou I'm gonna speak with some on my mind though I'm tired of just I'm tired of playing the game. You feel what I'm.
Speaker 8: Saying, as long as you articulate your thoughts clearly.
Speaker 7: I mean, I mean, you know, I'm really tired of playing the game.
Speaker 8: You know how we do it on no seelings. You feel me, I'm going to say what I think now. You know obviously I've been man. I seen Lord Jamar today like comment on one of my thoughts you know what I'm saying, like which on Drake not being hip hop, and Lord Jamar was like, oh, I get what he's saying.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, And people like so many fans.
Speaker 8: Like feel like it has to be about like I have a disdain for the artists or I don't just like if I made Tupac must die, it must be I don't like Tupac, And that's it's just, you know, the first thing from the truth. You know me well more well than anybody. I've always been transparent with my thoughts. Now I definitely can't. Like I've dealt with Drake more than once. You know what I'm saying, but I don't have enough information to like or dislike him, And actually what I do know about him, you know I like him.
Speaker 4: Same for J Cole.
Speaker 8: You know I didn't bump into J Cole chopped it up with him in passing like I like him. I don't dislike people. But if as men, we can't know. These podcasts are very much like barbershop conversations. And it don't matter how many thousands to tens of thousands of people that are listening. You just listening to us have a barbershop conversation. And I'm transparent. That's why you don't hear me, you know, even in private or public. I don't call you know, you know me. I don't call Dracer out of his name.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean. I wouldn't call Ja call out of his name.
Speaker 8: Even if I'm describing an action you know what I'm saying that he's doing, so you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I do think there's a.
Speaker 8: Space where people are just overtly sensitive to where it's like they go right to, oh, I hate this person. I mean, he gotta hate this person or let me attack him because I like this person. I'm defending him.
Speaker 7: And it's weird to me.
Speaker 8: Bro, because even though my social media is like the people that they feel like they're defending who I'm not even attacking.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 8: It's like they wouldn't even tweet you or talk to you you if they saw you like, you know, I'm the type of person. You see how fans been since you know me, since I first started, you know, ascertaining some level of fame. I always been pretty personable with people. Like to me, I'm like a person of the people, you know what I'm saying. So to watch people treat me like I'm some kind of outcast, that I would be the person that's not relatable and some dude who really you know, to the most suburban kid, I'm still more relatable than Drake or j Cole, you know what I'm saying. Like, I'm pretty much straight up and down, you know what I mean. Again, everybody take the crypt part and mean that means that, you know, I would hurt somebody innocent or snatch some old lady person, so they you know, your your your brand gets outcasting into a space of fear or I need to present myself overly tough versus just treating somebody like a regular person.
Speaker 5: What the thing is, man, I just think we too sensitive today is a society as just men in general? I notice sometimes and I can't and I ain't gonna going and speaking for nobody else on this show because I can't, cause my man they didn't here tonight. But I think we too sensitive Sometimes a lot of times I want to have conversations, but then the thing comes up, Well we may get so and so upset. Why I like to welcome you to another episode of Against the Chronicles podcast and ship Boy Big Steeler once again. I'm holding it down for my man mc A who's out, but he will be back next week. I just got confirmation on that prayers out there, all the prayers and stuff work, my boy, we'll be back next week. But I got my homeboy from the Holding Court podcast holding it down with me tonight going on.
Speaker 9: We got a special guest today for when I want to say much love to MC eight, you know, sending him healing prayers, you know, and hopefully he returns asap, sooner than later, because that's the OG. So I'm just happy that you, you know, you allowed me to come on here with special guests of the hour, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for sure, for sure, for sure. Got the homie man, my homeboy man from Houston, Texas where they say It'screwston Texas. The homie too. What's happening with your dog.
Speaker 2: Man, Big steal off top.
Speaker 10: Man. You know, I want to let you know I appreciate you having me on Man MC eight, Get well soon.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 2: You know I'm a fan of yours. Man.
Speaker 10: You know I'm from that era. We from that era, man, you know, And man, get well soon.
Speaker 2: Man. You know, we rocking with you, were praying for you, man, and come on through for sure.
Speaker 5: You know what the first thing I got to ask you this, Man, I've been wanting to ask you this for a long time. How old was you where you was on that bringing them on record?
Speaker 4: Bring it on?
Speaker 5: You was twelve years old? Did you write your own shit?
Speaker 10: I co wrote it with r I p A Wild from the Black Monks man, you know, me and him, we co wrote or co wrote it and put it.
Speaker 5: Down breaking news, breaking news because I always thought that was because you was a little kid, man. And I was very impressed by your performance, because I think you had one of the you had one of the best verses on that motherfucker in my opinion.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. I appreciate it, man, you know.
Speaker 10: And you know, at the time, I ain't really know like the different styles and raps and what really lyrics is and what lyrics really was because like when I first cause you know, I ain't never had no passion or no dream or no thought of being no rapper. So it was like when when men, when you know what they wild and facing them, used to do was just be like, man, just write about your thoughts, what you're doing in your life, and I'll be putting it in paper and they'll format it in a way where you know, it be up the par with everything that's going on.
Speaker 2: But when I listen back on it now, it.
Speaker 10: Was like, you know, r A p Segram It was like, cause you know the whole Oakland thing and the pig Latin and stuff.
Speaker 2: It was like, and that was li high man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Sem killed on there, man, And it's a trip. How you pick up on that now, man, because you know what the kazoom dizass because Nigga and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Man, man see was over there vis man r A p Segram.
Speaker 5: Man, Yeah, he was really killing it.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: You know what I want to ask you? How come home me? Big Mic wasn't on that record, thog.
Speaker 2: Man, I have no idea, bro, I have no idea.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: Was y'all all in the studio together? Y'all did that separate?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 10: I remember, I remember Nip being there because I used to be scared of Nip and and and and and you know what what Nip like used to like to do is he used to like to have all the lights cut off when he go in. So it's like, you know, to my memory, that's that's that's about the only person I remember.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's that's about it.
Speaker 5: It don't feel bad. I was scared against Nip, says too. I think everybody was. Man, I got to get him back on here again. Nip is a crazy but he's a rapping ass dude.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean you hopping off the porch at twelve on the mic, I remember, you know, bringing on being probably one of the best posse records coming out of out of Houston, you know what I mean, out of the South period.
Speaker 9: But you sounded seasoned. You sounded like you really believe what you were saying. How young did you hop off the porch in the streets because you didn't sound like the average twelve year old.
Speaker 10: M probably around that age because it was like when I moved from the clock to the west, like for like, when I was in the Clock, I was just mowing to like little lead football, you know, squabbling and just to that limits. But then when I got like to the west, to the southwest, you know, I could sit to the southwest like a baby New York, like everything over there moving one hundred kazillion miles. And as I adapted and and got involved in that environment, it was like I hate you know, you know, when.
Speaker 2: It's in you, it's just something that you can't explained.
Speaker 10: So it'd be like, it ain't no glorifying, it ain't no bragging, it ain't trying to you know, trying to get no titles or nothing. It's just something that as it's in you, and you naturally adapt to it and it becomes you and it is who you is. So it's like when all that was taking place and they offered me the you know, the opportunity to be a part of like I guess at that time, the kid rap Era or whatever, it was just like, hey man, you know, I just put down and speak on what you be speaking on. And it was like I was already had that type of mouth and attitude and stuff.
Speaker 2: So it was just like you sounded like.
Speaker 9: A badass little kid for real, for real, you know, what I mean.
Speaker 1: Once again, thank you for tuning into the Black Fact Podcast Network. Seeing you in twenty twenty five for more great moments from your favorite podcast