Speaker 1: Only dead enders and lunatics are still defending Gavin Newsom and Karen Bass.
Speaker 2: It's one more thing.
Speaker 1: I'm one more thing.
Speaker 2: I got a question before we get to that. Yeah, what percentage of the people on the Price is Right? Or let's make a deal are mentally ill? M qualified as mentally ill? Because this woman's with a mentally ill I'm watching this woman. She just got picked out of the crowd by Drew Carey to be on The Price is Right. She is so freaking excited. I mean she's just crying with I just feel like you gotta be in Milton. I think just a simpleton and.
Speaker 3: She just sound like you hate joy. She's like.
Speaker 2: She's like in her mid fifties. I mean, you've been around a little bit, you know, you've seen some ups and downs, You've raised some kids.
Speaker 4: She's probably been watching the show for years and it'd be great to be on there.
Speaker 3: Now she's just living.
Speaker 2: Her dream and now she's got to ejaculate that joy.
Speaker 1: That is clearly the case, Katy.
Speaker 2: Now she's got a chance to win this Hyundai size of a couch car. Okay, good luck with that, hope you win.
Speaker 1: It's a gas zipper. You know what's It's all coming clear to me now, Katie. He's admitted proudly he thrives on shodenfreud joy from other people's pain. Clearly he gets pain from other people's joke. Whatever the opposite of Shotenfreud is. Yes, exactly goes both ways. Freuden shod.
Speaker 2: You know what it is. You know what I think shod and you know what it actually is. Probably I wish stuff like that made me happy. A lot of the things that make other people happy, I wish it made me happy, but it doesn't. It just doesn't. And I'm kind of envious, so people that can get that excited about things that just don't do it for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were talking earlier, Katie, off the air. I'm not sure if you around and heard it. And it has to do with some emails we got on certain topics and some it would be a distraction, honestly to go into a topic was but there are I'm trying to figure out if people are just being stubborn and being dicks, or they're rigid or whatever, or if there are people who actually can't emotionally deal with if say I don't know an issue or a politician if you agree with them eighty five percent and there's just fifteen percent that yeah, I can't quite go that far, or I got to point out this problem or whatever. They are enraged by that, or they can't even process it. They like can't even live with the idea of you know, it's mostly good, there's a little bad. And I just I find myself wondering if there are people who because they it's been said many times, the most terrifying place you could ever go is into somebody else's mind for five minutes. I just wonder if there are people that it doesn't look like it does to me when they have to deal with ambivalence of any sort, because, judging by the emails, unless they're just angry trolls, they literally cannot admit nothing is perfectly pure.
Speaker 2: Your own husband, wife, or kids aren't. Yeah, I'm not who doesn't have something they wouldn't. I don't know the right way to say, but you don't particularly like about your husband, your wife, or your kids. You don't like this personality trait they have. I mean, it'd be impossible that you like every personality trait of your people you're close to. That's impossible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if anybody says that, then they're lying.
Speaker 1: Oh exactly.
Speaker 2: You just realize it's part of the package, and on the whole you like them, and you know, you deal with it, and then you know they deal with yours.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if it's like a symptom of dumbness in some cases that they just can't noodle through. There are flaws to this, but it's okay. They just get angry at the idea that there's any you know, any fudging at all of this has to be one hundred percent good. This is one hundred percent bad, and anything with any more subtlety than that freaks them out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a very black and white attitude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is a mental thing. That is a state. Like my son who has a variety of things. He takes a lot of pills for. He has a very black and white with a lot of stuff, and there's just no budget him off of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'm not coming out of I'm not coming at this And I wish i'd like gotten my thoughts in order, because this would make more sense if I had. But I'm not trying to come at this like in a snarky way or to mock people. I'm trying to understand them, and I've got to admit, it's like they're telling me, no, there are three moons in the sky, and that's so foreign to the way I think. I'm thinking. All Right, I got to figure out why they think there's three moons in the sky.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there's It's definitely more so more common on the left side of politics too. I mean, just in the last week, the amount of people where I have seen the anti Trump post on Facebook and one person mentions like an executive order that isn't all that terrible, and they get pissed. It's not a conversation anymore. It's an attack.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Manichaeanism, the reduction of the world into only good and evil and everything must be one or the other.
Speaker 3: Huh huh.
Speaker 2: It seems like that's something to want to a tendency you'd want to avoid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, and you have to avoid it in a political system like ours. Our entire political system is based on differing ideas, factions, whatever. They come together in Congress. Mostly they come together and say here's who I am, and here's what I believe. Oh, here's who we are, here's what we believe. But we got around the country. Let's figure out how we can compromise. That is our system and our system can't stand you know, that sort of dualism.
Speaker 2: I was talking so some people who do that around politics and issues and stuff like that, did they do that in their personal lives that I was just talking about a little bit ago? Can they accept that? You know? I like my uh, I like ninety nine percent of my wife, but she puts our dog in coats and I don't like that.
Speaker 3: So we're thrilled, I don't think.
Speaker 1: So I moved all of her shit onto the lawn and we're divorced. Now. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I had a friend like this, or really emphasis on had and it was her way or the highway every time, always, always, and for some reason I put up with it for more than twenty years and finally audios biac.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, but is it? Is it a personality trait? Is it like a kink because of the way you were raised, you were abused? Whatever is it? Inborn?
Speaker 2: Well, I know how you feel about the whole nature and nurture thing, having raised three kids with two kids, man, I'm so far down the road of nature for almost everything I used to think before I had kids, it was you know, the way you were raised or your parents or whatever.
Speaker 1: But man, every kid's a blank slate. It was just an expression of how their parents raised them.
Speaker 2: And when you have kids that have these very strong tendencies that you know they didn't get from your household, it's like, what the hell?
Speaker 3: Yeah, her parents were great. Both of her siblings aren't like this.
Speaker 2: She's just nuts.
Speaker 5: Was who did what was the final straw?
Speaker 1: If you don't mind me asking.
Speaker 2: You question, Michael good interview question.
Speaker 1: Good gossipy question. Yeah, I love it?
Speaker 3: Uh she?
Speaker 2: Oh boy? Uh?
Speaker 4: I when I had I had three strokes back in twenty twenty, and after that happened, she became really judgmental of me, and uh, it just ended it. It ended up blowing up pretty much. I told her that fuck off. Did she did she feel like you had done something to earn the strokes?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah she did and tried depending on me, and then when I wouldn't listen to her, she tried to go to my parents to make them get on her.
Speaker 3: It was really bizarre.
Speaker 1: That was a ballsy move for a woman while you were trying your best to deal with it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well even if even if she were right, it's just I don't know what the upside would be of a point.
Speaker 4: No, I wasn't taking great care of myself and she tried to blow it up into something it wasn't. And I am very glad that I am no longer dealing with that garbage.
Speaker 2: Good question, Mike, Michael's smiling, good sound the smile on your face. Michael, that would be a great call in topic. We don't do that anymore on the radio show. But what broke up your friendship? Oh, that'd be a good'd be a good topic.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've got a great story. I can't tell it, but I don't think I have. Damn shame.
Speaker 2: She'll get him.
Speaker 1: I've only like really actively ended one friendship.
Speaker 2: I don't you know what I got. I got a story. I don't know if i'd be willing to tell it on the air.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sure you're okay doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But anyway to get back to the theme, and then we can either do what we were going to do or not here out of time, well, we can do it tomorrow is speaking of kids, I'm going to bring it all together. That's what I do I raised three children who, in terms of well they are, they unquestionably have traits that remind me of Judy and myself. Of course, it's as if they were selected randomly from all the children in the United States in terms of their strengths and not so strength these strengths and and and their personalities and stuff like that. And and my daughter, who is autistic fairly mildly, but unquestionably, her crap detector does not work. Her vulnerability to scams has been a big problem that we've been working on for a long time, and she's getting way better at it, thankfully. But I'm the opposite, you know, the old saying, don't bullshit a bullshitter. The minute I hear even like three percent bullshit from somebody, I'm like, yep, I'm watching and listening carefully, go on, what were you saying? I mean, it's just but I didn't earn that. I just I was born with it, and I to a large extent, although being in show business, as Don Geronimo, the Great Radio Guy would say, the lowest rung of show business, but being in show business for a career tends to make you a little more skeptical and cynical, but anyway, I just wonder whether some people are born without the ability to understand ambivalence, meaning this is true, and this is also true, and I kind of wish it wasn't, but I can accept it. I just wonder. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I got one kid who's got very black and white, strong political views on a controversial topic. I'm not going to mention. I mean, just like, very strong and outspoken about it, and it's caused him problems. He's lost friendships at a very young age over this. I'm like, dude, why do you think this? I don't think it, your mom doesn't think it. We've never said anything, and I have no idea where he came to this, but he just does.
Speaker 3: Type stuff.
Speaker 2: Maybe No, I really don't know, And trust me, I've spent a fair amount of time thinking about it.
Speaker 1: Is it the designated hitter? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that very strong. He thinks it's an abomination.
Speaker 1: Well, keep sending your angry, enraged emails that seem to be ignoring major points. But if it's a good vent for you, a good outlet, that's fine.
Speaker 2: I have a very smart friend, quite possibly the smartest person I've ever known, who would rather die than express anything Trump ever did as being even slightly positive. And I don't get it at all. I just don't get it. I know you can say Trump shouldn't be present. I't think you'd hear the reasons. But this was a good idea. Why does that bother you.
Speaker 3: When you say they're one of the smartest people you know? Are they like book smart?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Very very okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, categories are smart.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: True takes all kinds. I guess I don't know.
Speaker 5: I ended a friendship. Guy wouldn't quit bringing up stupid things I did in the past. And I was like thirty five, and this was stuff in high school. And I finally said, you know what, I don't I don't want to hear this anymore and just left the Chili's restaurant.
Speaker 1: That was it, really, Yeah, left my steaks right there.
Speaker 2: So you said something, though, Yeah I did?
Speaker 5: I said, yeah, I said, you know what, I'm sorry. I'm thirty five years old, and you know I don't think about this stuff anymore.
Speaker 2: So wow, good for you for one thing?
Speaker 3: Did you leave him with your bill?
Speaker 5: I put some money down and just walked out of there. I said, here, here's twenty bucks.
Speaker 2: I've got two examples i'd like to talk about, but in both cases I ghosted them like a coward. Silence is definitely, but also I just I'm not sure it was worth they weren't it was worth getting into You've you've fixed them, You've entered into the arena of you're not worth my time anymore. So whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I love that Travis Kelcey thing. Do the people in your life give you energy or do they sap you of it?
Speaker 2: I wonder where he is on Taylor at this point. She's still giving him.
Speaker 4: Energy, probably sucking the life out of him.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess that's it.