Speaker 1: All right, injuries Ray Ray McLeod. He got cleared, so he's limited, I mean at least by the doctors to practice and everything. Orren Burke's Limited, Gipson Limited, how Limited, Kittle Limited, Mason Limited, Jake Mooney Limited.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: And you confirmed that. Nicholas says signed.
Speaker 2: Yes, I can no.
Speaker 1: He's gonna try to get here today though, so hopefully maybe I actually was preparing to talk to you guys about how I have nothing to tell you guys, and I was three minutes late because I just got told of the news, so obviously pumped up about it and try to hit him up after this.
Speaker 2: And figured it out.
Speaker 1: But I know he's trying to get here as fast as possible.
Speaker 3: Reef, is this for you? Like? What were your thoughts as we were getting closer to Game one?
Speaker 2: Not good thoughts.
Speaker 1: So but you know, when it feels kind of you don't you try not to think about them much because it's not it's not really in my control and you just got to let the process play itself out. Once it kind of went through the weekend, I just kind of got in my mind that we weren't playing with them, so because if I would have gone back and forth, I would have been miserable.
Speaker 2: So I just decided we weren't.
Speaker 1: I think our team was ready to or not, and that was our mindset this way, and it was a hell of a bonus to just get told that coming in here.
Speaker 2: So we're obviously real excited about.
Speaker 3: It, realistic come out of snaps for Sunday.
Speaker 1: How many snaps are in the game. I'm just joking. We got to see when he gets here. I know Nick will come in shape. I know he'll be good. It'd be great if he could get into something today. I don't know when he's gonna get here or where he's.
Speaker 2: Fine from, but I know which it. We'll be smart with it, and that'll be based over these next two and out practices.
Speaker 4: Plenty of stuff that you got to take care of. But how much do you get involved? How did you get involved generally in this specifically? Did you ever just say, hey, guy, let's just get this done.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I always want to get it done, and that's that's how we feel too. But I didn't get involved in this one at all. I try not to at all. It's I mean, we kind of had an idea it was going to be like this. I thought I would come to Fruish sometime last week and it didn't, which made me nervous, made me kind of move on with it just because I thought I had to. But I mean, we all knew Nick was gonna get rewarded like he did. I don't know the exact details of it, but I knew it would be like that. Eventually our organization did, and I think Nick did, and I'm just glad we got it worked out on everyone's side because we love Nick. I think he loves being here and he's definitely earned this and he's gonna earn it going forward to.
Speaker 3: You literally just learn or did you get the indication that things are getting closer and closer and it could pop any second.
Speaker 2: No, literally just learned. Yeah, what was the first.
Speaker 3: Thing you thought of when when you heard that news?
Speaker 1: Since it was right before I came in here, it was Corey, why you wasting my time with these questions? Because they're not gonna ask me these questions anymore.
Speaker 2: So that was it.
Speaker 1: And now I'm really excited to go out there and have some other thoughts, start talking to the coaches and things like that. But once this weekend ended, we kind of had to stop thinking that way. I mean, if you start half in, half out when you don't know, I mean that can really that can mess up at the plans and things like that get people in the wrong position. So we've kind of been just one track, just hoping it would work out, but ready for not to and the fact it did.
Speaker 2: Obviously everyone knows how pump we are.
Speaker 5: No you, Chris Steve, have you? You guys work on like a plan for what he was going to be doing in Florida these weeks that he wasn't playing with the team. Is he doing D line drills? What kinds of things was he doing?
Speaker 1: You know, probably the same stuff he does every other days down there, which is stuff that he knows how to do for D line.
Speaker 2: Nick is a smart player in our scheme.
Speaker 1: It's not the most complicated thing for the D line, but he's very good at it. So Nick's been on his own completely, and that's why I don't want to answer too much. I got to see when he gets here, But we've got to know Nick pretty well, and I kind of expect when he gets here to look and act and be in the same spot he's been since the day.
Speaker 3: We met him corresponding move yet or is or does that happen when he puts pen to paper?
Speaker 2: No, we haven't. Just I can't believe you guys know, I thought we were the only ones that know.
Speaker 3: So any question and this at this point, whether he's going to be in uniform.
Speaker 1: On Sunday, I mean there is question because we haven't seen him. But I think you guys know how I'm talking, like I have to be. You have to have a beer belly and be out of shape or something that's switch that's not in in Bosa's DNA.
Speaker 4: Don't know if you justed, but do you tell players do? What do you do when you hear this?
Speaker 2: I'd love to tell guys. They'd be excited.
Speaker 1: By the time I tell everyone, they'll probably think it's old news and ask why I don't get that. Everyone gets stuff a lot faster than that. So they all know, I'm sure by now, and I know they'll be excited.
Speaker 5: Picture, you have a group of guys who have a veteran nucleus that's been around for a while, bit older, and then you have some young guys kind of emergent. Bolst is like right in the middle of that at twenty five years old. How important is it to have somebody like him who can set the standard for maybe kind of that next nucleus.
Speaker 2: So to speak. I think it's huge.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's what we've been trying to do since we've gone here, and we've had some free agents that we've gone and paid for, you know. You know, I know we did hard great this year, and you go back to Mooney a couple of years ago, but for the most part, you know, we got trend in the trade who ended up getting that after being here a year.
Speaker 2: But that's that's the goal of.
Speaker 1: How you want to do it. You want your players to see that. You hope you get the guys who play the right way and at a certain level and you.
Speaker 2: Can reward them.
Speaker 1: And you know, I think it started with I want to go back to Fred and Debo and Kittle and all those guys, and Nick was either the year after them, right, I think the year after So I like to have one each year.
Speaker 3: Guys following Nicked lead already in terms of, like, you know, I aspire to that kind of you know, the work ethic and the.
Speaker 2: Discipline and all those times.
Speaker 1: I think it just I think everyone's a product in their environment. So everyone thinks they are based off of people they're around. And then when you get around different people or you, you think you're one way or another. And then you see when someone like how Fred Warner comes in every day and works. You see how dedicated Bosa is to his craft, not just here but a year around. You see things like that from people you knew before you came, and I think that's what makes everyone change. I mean, everyone has a certain standard, and then when you see other people at a higher standard who also play at a higher level, that kind of brings everybody up and shows you what it takes to be this good in this league, to make it this league, and when you have that ability to be in a situation like this to be great.
Speaker 3: What are your guidelines for Moody to decide whether.
Speaker 2: He plays, Just as long as he doesn't have a setback.
Speaker 1: He's looking good now and I feel good about him and I'd be surprised if he's not there. So we'll keep going at the pace we're at. As long as he doesn't have a setback, we should be all right.
Speaker 2: Captain season, yes we have.
Speaker 1: It was Armstead brock Purty George Kittle, Deebo, Fred Warner, and Trim Williams.
Speaker 4: Captain pretty early as careers, Like Trey wasn't We're going to pick train? Wasn't the last season? Did you want to see that? Is it important to you that your starting quarterbacks a captain?
Speaker 2: It really isn't to me. I thought about this when I became a head coach.
Speaker 1: I mean when you think really hard about the captains and stuff, and I mean, be cool if there was just one on each, which I kind of like and stuff, But then it becomes a little bit of a popularity contest with the players. I never have to want to get involved and tell them I disagree or anything.
Speaker 2: So I always just get their top guys. I have them all vote for four people.
Speaker 1: You get a first place, second place, third place, and fourth place vote.
Speaker 2: I get the top eight, and then you just signe off of that.
Speaker 1: And we went one through six, and I think the most we've kept as seven before. But you know, there's lots there's a lot more than six guys on our team who could do it. And so that's why it's kind of thing I tried not to make too big a deal about because you're gonna find someone on your team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: I mean that's I mean, I definitely do. It's when you go out and you play like he did last year, that's what it is. I mean, it's hard to be seen as a leader when you haven't been out there before. Guys can think you're a leader. You can act like a leader, but guys don't follow many people who don't produce on the field. And I think that's why he got so many votes this year, because I think they bleed him and felt he was one of the leaders last year, not because he's being some vet and talking to guys a certain way, just because I have a how he prepares that they can count on him, and how he handled a number of situations when he.
Speaker 3: Got in there, like after he admittedly wasn't.
Speaker 2: I think it says a ton.
Speaker 1: I think it says how I was happy for DBO we got that. I think he was disappointed he did last year. I know he was, and for him to be one of those guys, especially a last year ended a little bit for him. I think it shows how dedicated he's been. You guys have seen it out on the field, and you guys have written about and stuff and players field strongly also one of them.
Speaker 5: Pittsburgh's defense, What do they look like on film? What's the traits of a throw Austin Mike Tomlin defense.
Speaker 1: They they play as hard as anyone. Their d line, their linebackers, their secondary they all get after it and they're extremely physical group. We haven't played him for a number of years, but I mean just watching Hayward, watching Watt Minka, I mean those guys not only they're as talented as it gets, but the mindset they play with, the effort they play with. You know, when we don't see a team for a while because you know, not being the AFC, and it's been like three three four years since we've gone against them, you don't know how where they've come. And it's very obvious why they won seven out of the last nine games. It's just watching the defense side of the ball, and then get into their offense, seeing some of the players they have, and the way that quarterback has been playing, and the way you played last year at the end of the year, it's been real impressive.
Speaker 6: You're more of a realist. John Ledge seems a little bit more like he's a little bit more positive. Did you guys did that help you.
Speaker 2: I love how you said that. I'm not a negative guy, all right.
Speaker 6: This whole process with like most of that, he's kind of seems more eternally positive.
Speaker 1: I prepared myself from the beginning, so I never was expecting it right away, so which helps me stay more positive. So it's yeah, I got a little different in these last couple of days.
Speaker 2: But I haven't been doing it for a while.
Speaker 1: John John has the personality for this stuff. He does a good job with it. I know it's been hard because I know how bad John leaves and Nick and wanted him here for our team, so I know how much stressed he was feeling that pressure to try to get it done, not only him, but Prague and hamp and I could tell when they walked in my door before I came in here, on their face and really just their energy that they had got it done because it was.
Speaker 2: It was weighing on him a little bit.
Speaker 1: It was important to get him in here, just not for us to just have a better chance to win, but because the person we know and how big a part of a team he is for us.
Speaker 3: How long they've been allowed to stay in the office, if they.
Speaker 5: Hadn't gotten done.
Speaker 2: If they what if they hadn't gotten it done.
Speaker 1: They came, it wouldn't have been very long. They probably want to come down. It's when it's Wednesday, things are a little tighter.
Speaker 6: Many celebrations. Between the four of me.
Speaker 1: There was a couple of bro hugs and congratulations and now I told them to go enjoy their day.
Speaker 2: No, we gotta get on to real football. Have to get involved at the last minute. What's that?
Speaker 3: Did you ever think you'd have to get involved in this at the last minute or uh?
Speaker 2: Not really? I mean when I, if I do, it's always just to talk to.
Speaker 1: The player, and I didn't have to do that, So I'm glad.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks guys,