Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shafty. I am Joseelle, but I ain't.
Speaker 1: What's what's up? I'm Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here with us once again.
Speaker 2: And now and we celebrate today. Yes, floats Banks the count sing are your word? Rob, straight up? That's crazy.
Speaker 1: That's a that's amazing, that's amazing. So I guess so we've been doing this for this is our fifth season now. Yeah, so we had a little over then two million downloads per season, right, does that sound about right?
Speaker 2: Okay, so just let the people know, Like we have monthly meetings with iHeart and Black Effect, and every monthly meeting, I'm like, okay, have we hit ten million yet? Have we hit ten million? And they're like, no, just owe right. You weren't on the call when they said it originally, right, Yeah. So they were like, so I get on the call and they were like, Jazelle, we have good news and I'm like what And they were like, you guys hit ten million. And I was like, oh wait a minute. You a call and you're like okay, great, yeah, okay, lovely the difference in reaction, like, Okay, these girls are clearly not the same.
Speaker 1: Right exactly. I'm like, yay, okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I mean, thank you to the people. Y'all keep us motivated, y'all keep us going. Obviously, thank you to Black Effect because you know they took a chance on us and I Heeart our partners, so yanks, well.
Speaker 1: I know, thank and thank you to each other. Thank you just all yes for b shady.
Speaker 2: So like there's still like ten million more if we get asked one million?
Speaker 1: Wow, oh, I know, party or something, right, I know, I know we gonna start, like, I don't know, being super controversial to get to twenty millions.
Speaker 2: I mean, quite as kept we should have a ten million party. However, it's sluck up on us, right right, We'll figure it out, Okay. Anyway, you got a shady moment.
Speaker 1: To be honest, I don't. It's been kind of I have a big one. Okay, all right, go for it.
Speaker 2: So obviously we're not I'm not in Maryland. We're doing this spiritual today. I've been on the move. I've been traveling. So I'm getting on an airplane. I'm sitting in my seat which is a window seat, because that's what I like. A little girl sits next to me. She's visibly upset, and I see her father and I'm like, okay, Like she wants to sit with her dad, so I'm like, where are you sitting. He's like right behind me, window seat. So I was like, okay, so I'll switch with you, no problem, because you know I switched. I switch everybody for my kids, so I got to get back. Okay, so no problem, I'll switch, No big deal. The girl's super happy. She's like, think you, thank you. I go to my new seat and I'm chilling right. So then it's time to like serve me breakfast, and the flood attendant is like, hey, mister birch Wood, blah blah blah blah, what was you like eggs or I said, I'm looking at her like she called me mister. So for people that don't know, we're gonna explain real quick. If you're they know your name to your seat right, and I'm sure they're used to people switching seats because that's just the way.
Speaker 1: Of the world.
Speaker 2: I'm not a a mister right next called a mister, but she continues to call me the name of the man whose seat I switched, and I'm looking at her like I'm just gonna play along. I'm like, yeah, hey, I want like at the end, she comes to me, she's like, oh my gosh, miss Brian, I'm so sorry. I didn't realize that you had switched. Bitch, what I switch? What you know I'm not a mister.
Speaker 1: Maybe she wasn't sure, you know these days.
Speaker 2: Okay, so.
Speaker 1: No, Jesus had to go with what was on the card and say, Okay, I guess this is a mister.
Speaker 2: I'm not a miss I gotta stand you call me birch Wood. I'm not a mister shady. And then at the end I guess because I didn't like correct her or fall for it, I guess at the end she was kind of like, well, let me just tell her sorry. I don't know, she should just stay with it. I would have just been fine with mister, but you came to apologize. And then I'm looking at you sideways like, lady.
Speaker 1: Come on right, yeah, that's crazy. That's great, right, because when when you switch seats, usually they like immediately say oh, okay, you switch seats, like just get it together.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's and she says to me, when it comes time to eat, you can pre order your meal. So she's like, oh, yeah, you've already mister so and so you've already pre ordered like the fruit plate or something.
Speaker 1: Right, and I.
Speaker 2: Pre ordered nothing exactly like okay, it gives me the freaking fruit plate. Like this lady was crazy. Okay, I'm on to you, lady, I'm on Hilarious an airline because I am very high up with this airline.
Speaker 1: So we blast. Okay, lady, you shady? Okay, yes, super shady. And and I might say an idiot. I will call her an idiot, like that's so idiotic.
Speaker 2: Christ say right, see, okay, wait, since you don't have a shady moment, do you have a woman?
Speaker 1: I really don't. I don't know. I haven't Like, yeah, I have for you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Nobody sent me an email. I'm gonna read it to you. Do you know someone named Manuel?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this person's name is Manuel. They've sent me an email says, Hi, hope you don't mind. I emailed you. We have to talk. One day, Robin Dixon talked outside of the house in Rockville and had some safety concerns otherwise I'm finding good. I have had a prosperous life. Look at this name. I don't know anyway, and then he starts talking about his music. Keep your head up. Bye.
Speaker 1: I think this person email me too.
Speaker 2: Hold On, would you like to talk about Manuel? Because you know I'm telling for you.
Speaker 1: No, I don't. I think there's somebody sends me random emails like that too.
Speaker 2: You guys explaining what I don't.
Speaker 1: It's not coming up though. I don't see anything that says Manuel. Hold on, I know I have zero. He said you talked to him in the outside of a house in Rockville.
Speaker 2: Yes, you don't live in Rockville, but kind of Look.
Speaker 1: No, Manuel is stripping. Manuel is hallucinating. Okay.
Speaker 2: I was like Robie got explaining to do so. Remember when you told us a story about the man who's on the motorcycle. He came to your house because he didn't something. So then I was thinking that maybe it was him.
Speaker 1: No, oh my god, do you know his name? No, the man that came to my house, yeah, bathroom or something? Oh hell no, No, he needed a charger for his.
Speaker 2: Fine right right right? Okay, So maybe somebody we're not gonna talk about.
Speaker 1: Don't pay attention to Manuel. He's hallucinating. I don't know him and he does not know me.
Speaker 2: Okay, lad, if you want an offline feel free and look and what and what if that was like my little secret bullet piece.
Speaker 1: Look over here like out in me.
Speaker 2: You be busted, right, This doesn't really read side piece. It's just you guys explaining to do no every hallucination, delarious, delusional. Okay. I do want to remind the people that April twenty seventh. I don't know what today's date is, but April twenty seventh is the premier of Left Hotel. You're just shut up on Finding Love and Cabo. It is at nine o'clock on Bravo, right after the Real Housewives of Atlanta, So get it to your phone.
Speaker 1: Watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Shannon Badoor's on. They're acting crazy. Ashley is just you know, the kissing bandit.
Speaker 1: Tonguing down everybody. It looks like, well, I don't know about everyone. I just saw saw her tongue in somebody down.
Speaker 2: The way and is being the way. The men's are fighting over the way, okay, okay, and Jazelle's just being joseell so okay, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm excited to see who finds love.
Speaker 2: I think they all do. I think I think everybody finds love or love. Okay, we find right now, we find today? Okay, okay, right, who finds love and who can and who sticks with it?
Speaker 1: You know? Are you also do y'all have like a reunion or anything.
Speaker 2: We'll see if y'all, if people watch, we're gonna have Okay, sot, y'all watch, So everybody tell your friend to watch the Hotel. And it's actually I think it's funny, Like it's gonna be so funny. And it's lightweight, so you know, yeah, people should enjoy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and lightweight is good. People like lightweight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially in this day and time. Speaking of not lightweight, well, do we want to talk about this day and time? This day in time is crazy?
Speaker 1: Y'all?
Speaker 2: Really feeling like we're never gonna have We're not gonna have another sweatshirt or socks again.
Speaker 1: It's so crazy, right, and you know it's so crazy. First of all, when people when we talk about what's going on currently, and people say, oh, don't talk about politics. This isn't politics anymore, like whatever we whatever the administration is doing, like this is no longer politics. This is right versus wrong. This is stuff. This is just creating, you know, doing petty shit that has created a whole mess. So when we talk about what's going on, and we're not talking politics, okay, it's.
Speaker 2: Not politics, it's like all jokes aside, Like I like wearing hoodies, Like where we're going to get a hoodie from?
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm like my my embellished business. Y'all better buy up all the hats you can.
Speaker 2: Because, by the way I repost, somebody bought a paddle and we had signed it and I reposted it and everybody hit me up like I want one, I want one, I want one, Go get one. Here's the link, basically shady dot com.
Speaker 1: Right, But if you want one, get it now, because once they're gone, they might be gone for real, or they might cost twice as much who knows.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, it's actually a little scary because I'm gonna be honest, I have an iPhone thirteen and I've been waiting to upgrade my phone. Listen, I can't afford to upgrade.
Speaker 1: Right, You're gonna be playing twenty five hundred dollars for your iPhone seventeen, right, right, abord it. That's crazy. But China so so so all of so these tariffs have whatever Trump, the tariffs that Trump has put on these other countries has caused China to say, oh, okay, you want to play around, let's find out what that looks like.
Speaker 2: So well, I didn't know this, So this has actually been great for international relations. I didn't know that we are that China only got fifteen percent of their what do you call it, of their fifteen percent of their trade fifteen percent of their what they need to say, well from US, so their economy fifteen percent of their economy they were getting from the United States fifteen one five Okay, I can only imagine what it is in reverse for US. It's probably like we're probably getting seventy five percent. Oh yeah, China, like in the reverse. It's crazy, right, So this is just bad business?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, That's what I was I was explaining to my kids. They were like, Okay, well what do we get from China? And what do they get from us? And I was like, well, we get a lot from China. Yeah, I don't know what they get from us.
Speaker 2: They get beef from us, but they've already made a deal with Australia to get it. They get soy beans from US. They could probably make a deal with anybody to get some soy beans, right, they get they had they had a relationship with Boeing. So I think they were getting jets from US. Yeah, that contract has been scrapped. Okay, listen, I'm about to go on line. I'll be honest with y'all. I'm about to buy about five thousand Guccie Louis and Prada. And I talked to all people that wear fake ones, but the same thing.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, okay, so I don't know if they're real. So I I went to a party, like a purse party. Somebody invited me to a purse party maybe a year and a half to two years ago, a year and a half ago. And it was in Maryland. It was in this lady's house. She was Asian. Her whole basement was full of designer bags, right, put that in quote, Yes, every designer you could think of. And it was like, I mean, they were nice, they were current bags. They were some of them looked exactly like the real thing. Other ones looked good, but they still were like, eh, you know, you can tell, like if you definitely. If you compare, you put one next to another one, it's like, no, it's not the same. So I'm kind of like, I know that China has been putting out these tiktoks and stuff talking about, oh, well, this is where we manufacture your luxury goods and stuff. I really don't think they're actual, like the real legit ones. I think they might be really good knockoffs, but they're still not going to be the exact quality that we're used to.
Speaker 2: So you think that, like, let's just take Louis Vata, which says that it's manufactured in Italy. You really believe it is manufactur You don't think that really getting it from China?
Speaker 1: Right, I believe it's really manufactured in Italy. I mean it is kind of curious though, because these fakes are like so good. Yeah, I actually bought a few, so.
Speaker 2: Really, right, do tell Rovin?
Speaker 1: But but I won't wear them because I'm like, I like, because I can tell that it's fake, you know what I'm saying, So like I have them, but I don't I don't wear them.
Speaker 2: So why did you buy it?
Speaker 1: Because they were like so good? Like when I was it was just like cute little like it was. I don't know. I was just like, oh, that's cute. I'll get that. Oh that's cute, I'll get that. Like I bought, like literally bought like five bags. You're lying, no, But but because I also like, when I look at it, I'm like, eh, it's just not like if if someone were to like really look, they would be able to tell they weren't real.
Speaker 2: There's actually nothing that I feel like I want right right now in the luxury space. Yeah, there's nothing that I'm like, uh, I really want that. But I do feel like the luxury world is gonna is taken. It's going to take and if not taking a huge hit like moving forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's going to take a huge hit. The whole entire every industry is going to take a huge hit right now, not even just because of what China is putting up putting out about the luxury stuff, just just because of you know, how people's where the economy is going right now. So I think, especially something like a luxury good is going to take a huge hit because people are gonna think twice, and then now when they think twice, they're gonna be like, oh, well, let me go get the fake one and no, And to be honest, like if I feel like maybe I feel like the bags that I purchased, if you if you saw someone walking around with them, you wouldn't to think that they were fake. I don't know. But for me it's just because I know it's fake, I just won't wear it. So it just makes me think like we probably are seeing a ton of fake bags everywhere anyway. Totally no, totally yeah, but I don't think. But they're not the same. They're not.
Speaker 2: But I'm telling the people, if that's what you really want, go ahead and want to buy a fake, I'm gonna support it. Just go ahead them, and I'm gonna tell you your bag look nice. Yeah, I mean I was fake, but I'm gonna tell you it looks.
Speaker 1: Nice, right. I don't want to go and save yourself thousands of dollars, you know, instead of paying thirty five hundred dollars or something, going and paid two hundred and fifty dollars for it, and that's probably still the bag probably still itself. If you're paying two hundred fifty dollars for a fake, it probably still just costs ten dollars for them to make.
Speaker 2: It right, No, totally totally. Speaking of taking a hit, can we talk about this trip to that these ladies took for eleven minutes and fifty nine seconds.
Speaker 1: What's the point They did this before? Though? Other people did this before, right, like the.
Speaker 2: I think pe guys did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like people were just going up into space and coming right back. So that's the same thing, right.
Speaker 2: I don't okay, it's first of us back up because I love Gail. I think Gail's amazing. There was a build up to it, right, so it was like Gail's going to outer space. I was like, ah, shucks, right right. And I know that if you're up there for a while, like you have to go through.
Speaker 1: Training, right.
Speaker 2: So I was like, oh, okay, this is interesting, this is fun. In my mind, I'm thinking like, why would Yail want to do that, because I think she's like seventy, Like why do you want to do that? Was this like maybe on your bucket list or whatever? I don't know if process matter. I was like I was plugged in and intrigued. Right then I see all these other ladies. So then I'm like, what are we doing? H And then I saw that all these other ladies none of them was an astronaut, right, so I was even like, this is weird, right, you're an astronaut at well, then these foods pike back to Earth in ten minutes. I said my hand, Well, this is a waste of everybody's time, time, money, resources, all of that.
Speaker 1: But it's just it's one of those like it's they did it just because they can, Like it was Jeff bezos fiance, so of course money's not a thing, you know, Like, but.
Speaker 2: Who paid for it? So, like, did everybody? Who? Because I know with the guys who went before, they all had to pay. I think they paid like a million dollars or five hundred thousand dollars to go up?
Speaker 1: Right, right?
Speaker 2: Who paid for this? Did gae pay?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I hope, I hope not.
Speaker 2: Katy Perry, did you pay?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: I need to I want to understand the purpose. Now. You know, Gail is mad that everybody's coming for her, right why? She said, she doesn't understand why you know people have come for her and have an issue with the fact that, you know, this was a colossal waste of everybody's ten minutes, she said, she said, you know, she's bringing awareness to outer space. Why do we need outer space awareness?
Speaker 1: Not in that manner, they didn't. Did we learn anything new? No, we learned you No, not in that manner.
Speaker 2: We learned that Gale was shitting in her pants, and I was like, that's all we want.
Speaker 1: Gil Gale looked extremely relieved to be off of that ship or whatever the hell that was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I just think that everything going on in the world, like this is what we're doing.
Speaker 1: I mean, if it's okay, if it's a bucket list thing, if it's like they're fine, do it, but don't make a big deal out of it where we're stopping what we're doing to watch this happen, you know what I mean, Just go and come back. We're gonna mind our business, you know, Pray for you, hope you hope, hope you get back safely, and keep it moving like it was just the build up and was unnecessary, totally unnecessary.
Speaker 2: And are we bringing exposure to Jeff Bezos because isn't this his Is this his little aircraft?
Speaker 1: I think so? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So does he need more money? Does he need more exposure? Does what? Does he need more of attention?
Speaker 1: I think at this point they just do it because they can and they like to you know, that's like a big ball or move or whatever. Oh and me send some people in the outer space. I don't know. It's just it's just an ego and attention.
Speaker 2: Okay. So if anybody ever asked me I want to go to answers no, do.
Speaker 1: You have a no? I would be crying. I don't like heights, like I don't. I don't like to be on a escalator at a subway station. I will like, you know what I'm saying, Like at the top of the escalator coming down, I'm like, damn, is this what he used to home a lot? And then of course escalator. This happened to me the other day We're at the convention center and well, no, this is this is everyday life. And Wan knows that I have a fear of heights. So anytime we're on an escalator, he gets behind me and he's all like shaking me like oh and I'm like freaking like holding on for dear life, and he's just cracking up. I'm just like so so so now anytime there's like an escalator and steps, I take the steps. I'm not getting on an escalator with Wan Dixon behind me. Like he's going to scare the shit out of me. Like I'm not so.
Speaker 2: But Manuel, the guy that wrote the email, he was standing there. He wouldn't push you, but.
Speaker 1: He probably wouldn't. You're right, he would hold my hand.
Speaker 2: He would hug you all the way through it.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I said this. I can't even get on an escalator without being scared. There's no way in hell I'm going up in the space. I would I would cry, I would die, I would cry, I would just I would ball up, and like I can't watch like none of that.
Speaker 2: I don't have a desire. You know, there's some things I just don't have a desire for it, like like Heroin, I have no fire to try it, thankfully. Yes, I mean it's just things I don't have desire to be out of space for what, so I can, like have zero gravity happened to my body? I don't Why is that important? Like why is that? I just have no decision.
Speaker 1: I mean I think some people are thrill seekers. So that's like the same type of people like Okay, would you go do you bunge? Would you bungee jump? No? Would you jump out of a plane?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Need no? Would you go rock climbing up like Mount Everest.
Speaker 2: Yes, because that's like athletic.
Speaker 1: What like when you're like hanging when you're on the side of the thing, not walk up.
Speaker 2: I would walk up, not hang.
Speaker 1: Not when you know, when they're like put putting their little clips in and going up and they're on the side of the mountain.
Speaker 2: No clip action for me for sure. Okay, you know what I'm gonna ask Ashley because she's a thrill seeker with it, like going up into out of space. Is that like on your things to do?
Speaker 1: Like see right? Yeah, she might like that, Yeah, she might like me. Yeah what else? What about like hang gliding? Would you do that?
Speaker 2: I might do that because you have the person like connected to you, right, No, that's that's jumping out of a plane plane. Yeah. No, yeah, this is the thing. I know I'm going to be terrified. I know I'm gonna want to pee in my pants. Wait a minute, Remember when we did ziplining, Robin and I did ziplining in California.
Speaker 1: Oh, that one we've done. We've done it a couple of times. I thought you were talking about on Potomac we zip line at Nima Colon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't I wasn't in life for that. I got out.
Speaker 1: I didn't do that.
Speaker 2: I did that crazy Yeah, and then we but we did it. We had to do it. Yeah California.
Speaker 1: Where were we? Yeah? It was California when we did that camp camping show and you.
Speaker 2: Were damn near punked into it. Like the producers were like, you're gonna do it now, and we were like, okay, why was terrified? Rob Robin was terrified. But we did it. But to that second of like letting go, Yeah, I can't stand that, So like, why do I want to put myself through that? Like when I saw Gail's face and she was like getting ready to like go into the thing to go up, I knew her. I understood what she was feeling because like you just don't want to do it.
Speaker 1: Right right, And I mean, for for that that spaceship thing. It's like I'm it's okay, I'm scared of heights and all that, but I'm also scared, like this thing might blow up. But yes, you know what I mean, I don't trust it. I don't trust this thing just yet.
Speaker 2: I actually when I thought that, when I heard that she was going up, I had a bad feeling about it right. I thought it was the whole The people just got stuck up there for nine months. I thought it was that whole thing. And I was listening Gail a dm be like, girl, don't do it. I got a bad and I have a very close relationship with called GLD.
Speaker 1: Yeah, God, god's me. She didn't need to She did not need to hear that from you. She did not need to hear that.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, But.
Speaker 1: It is funny because like as an adult, there are things that I did as a kid, like without blinking, like ziplining and roller coasters and and like you know, crazy rides and stuff like now as an adult, I won't I don't want any parts of that stuff, any parts. And even though those shows and it's so crazy what these shows get you to do, like what I have volunteered to go ziplining, like as an adult now, no, I wouldn't. But we're on a show and it's like, oh, like we're making a show like you gotta go down the zip line. It's like okay, and so you do something that you kind of maybe would not have done. So it's like two days to look at it. It's like, Okay, you're doing things that you wouldn't have done. And you come out, you know, alive, and you're like, Okay, that was fun, it's exhilarating whatever. I'm glad it's over. But I did it and it's a good experience. But then on the flip side, you're like, I feel like I'm doing this not voluntarily, you know. I mean not to say like force you to, but I wouldn't have volunteered to do this if I was not on this show.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have some things for the Dixon household.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is.
Speaker 2: So Chris Rock's brother Tony. We know Tony Rock, right, He said that Will Smith's new album is a piece of shit.
Speaker 1: Right, I believe it. I don't need to listen to it.
Speaker 2: But your kids are like, they're like very much updated on all things rap.
Speaker 1: Right, sure, yeah.
Speaker 2: Have they heard this?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, no moving on.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is for wan okay.
Speaker 2: And this actually was was put up there was posted by Charlemagne the God Okay, we love and it says that men on average overestimate their ability to fight by four hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Men overestimate their ability to fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, men on average overestimate their ability to fight by four hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they're saying they can't fight as good as they think they can fight. Yes, yes, okay, Yes, so I know that one very much can handle his business, take care of himself out here in the streets. Do you ever think he's overestimated how well he can do in a real brawl. No, uh uh, I don't.
Speaker 2: He's not overestimating.
Speaker 1: Uh uh No. It's something about those Dixons hiss all all of them, all of his brothers, all of them. No, I will I am if i'm it doesn't matter where I am. I am safe, if I'm with a dition like I'm so safe, I mean, it doesn't matter. They're gonna see it happen before it even happens. So it's like they're already like in defense mode. I'm not saying that, like we're getting to fights, but I just feel that that confident in their fighting ability and their ability to protect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I do feel like half the battle is the confidence of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the person's gonna win, who feels like most confident that they can win?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And like why I know one, See he's because he's an athlete and one of the things that he was really good at was like, you know, getting steals and deflections. He has very quick hands, so I know that like he'll not It's not even about like swinging and punching. It's more about like knowing how to like get them off of you or to like you know, deflect and all of that stuff before they even like get to So I I would say, probably for some member, not for the man in my house.
Speaker 2: Okay, they're good to enough, good enough. Moving on to other athletes. So we know that Ohio State went to the White House because they have won the national championship.
Speaker 1: And jd. Vance broke the damn tropa.
Speaker 2: Never happened.
Speaker 1: He's a weakling. He couldn't handle it.
Speaker 2: How embarrassed are you? He wasn't embarrassed, Like, dude, right, not only did it's broken and you broke it. You broke the trophy, broke it.
Speaker 1: He could have he couldn't hold it. He couldn't hold it up.
Speaker 2: Like, how embarrassing is that?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 2: I did the two Like you're supposed to be Jadie Vance. You're young and spry. You know it's like forty one hundred and two years old. But Jadie Vance, you like supposed to be the man, you you should be able to hold this big gas trophy. No, he didn't even get it good in his hands. That shit was on the ground.
Speaker 1: I know. He's like, whoa whoo, oh my gosh, that isn't that is embarrassing though, like he probably maybe he wasn't embarrassed, but that is embarrassing, Like you look like a weakling in front of all these football players.
Speaker 2: And clearly, jad Vance, you've never held a trophy in your life, right, exactly if you won the vice presidency, sir, exactly, you just told on yourself.
Speaker 1: That's so funny. Okay, So are you watching and Anything New lately?
Speaker 2: Yes, I it's so funny. Actually I watched it last night. So you know how Dave Letterman, David Leman has like these interviews with celebrities. Yeah, so last night I watched Charles Sparkley's right, and apparently just because of things they were talking about, the election had not happened yet, presidential election had not happened, so Dave was kind of asking him, like, you know, because Charles is very outspoken about racism and social equality and all that. So Dave was kind of like, hey, you know, like are you fearful about this upcoming election, and Dave said, I'm scared for our democracy. I don't think Charles kind of really knew exactly what he was talking about. You know, Charles like, no, I don't feel that way. I feel like you're going to vote for whoever you want to vote for. But if there's no election is what Dave. Da didn't say this, but Dave was kind of like saying, hey, but this man wants to set it up so that there is no election, okay, in the future. So Charles says when it comes to because at the time, Kamala hadn't even been introduced yet, so it was it was the election was or the races, like.
Speaker 1: Are you watching old reruns or something.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a rerun. It was just like I had never seen it.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, it was okay, but it was not just recently released. No, no, it was okay.
Speaker 2: So David's like, you know, Biden's kind of old, and you know, Trump doesn't act like a president shack right, kind of like, so imagine that then, right and then now and again we're not gonna get into politics, but my god.
Speaker 1: My god, it is right. No, there's definitely a an effort to just erase democracy, like completely, you want a dictatorship here.
Speaker 2: This is what we watched, and it was very clear that Dave saw the playbook day knew the playbook and was trying to kind of talk about it. But it was clear that Charles Charles wasn't aware, right, but Dave knew was that year and a half ago? Yeah, So yeah, that was that was quite interesting. So yeah, I was watching that, watch it and I and then after that, I haven't seen it yet, but he interviewed Caitlyn Clark so and that and Dave does this on Netflix, so check those out. Okay, what you've been watching?
Speaker 1: So I watched The Residents on Netflix. Did you watch that?
Speaker 2: Oh? I saw that.
Speaker 1: It was fun. It was so good. It was good. It was fun. It was lighthearted. But so The Residence is a murder mystery. The murder takes place in the White House, and the show is all about trying to figure out who done it? So who done it? But it's like humorous total you know, I always talk about I like to watch like CIA shoot them up type shows, so it's totally not the shows that I typically watched. But it was a good departure from it. But it was still like I love the Murder Mystery part. So it was cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's Seanna rhymes, which we love Shonda rhymes. So funny. Because I was trying to tell Cal about it, I was like, I want how to watch it? And Cal was like, I don't got time to be watching no murder Mystery. And I'm like, no, Cal, it's like fun lightweight, it's funny. Yeah, and it is kind of like a surprise you really don't know. And to towards the end, who did it right?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah? And it's like every episode it's like they're they're honing in on like one person and so they're like, oh, well maybe it was them. Maybe it was them, you know, and so I'm like ooh. When they get to the final I was like, did I did I ever think it was that person?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Made me feel like a split second, I did, But like I didn't like most of the way, so they got me.
Speaker 2: The lead character is she she was an orange. I don't can't remember her name, but she was an orange is the new Black?
Speaker 1: I love her?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was just a lot of things. She's amazing.
Speaker 1: Uh huh. She was good. So watch that and then I just started watching White Lotus. You watched White Lotus? Yes, yes, yes, so help so I need some I need some encouragement here because every time I watch it my eyes go heavy.
Speaker 2: Have you watched the others season one? Season two?
Speaker 1: Yes? Mm hmm. Okay, just stick with it, Okay, with it.
Speaker 2: This isn't okay. I can say that season one season two were more like shock and all, like there's some nonsense happening, but just stick with this one past. Are you on like at least episode three?
Speaker 1: I think I'm on three?
Speaker 2: Okay, right, okay, so just keep stay with it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I remember I told you it's in It's in Thailand, right and then and and Thailand moves to a different beat to the world, so they kind of exposed that a little. So yeah, just stick with it. I love it.
Speaker 1: It was good, okay, all right, okay, Yeah, that's all I got right now that I'm watching. Is there anything else that was just.
Speaker 2: You know, nineteen twenty three? Ok So, I know you haven't watched this, but it's the pre story before Yellowstone, right, so I did not know so right now with season two, it just ended and I didn't know that this was going to be the end of it, Like, okay, there's no more seasons, right, they kind of wrap it up right.
Speaker 1: When I tell you.
Speaker 2: It is an emotional roller coaster, like at the end, because you're I was rooting for this couple. At the end, I was just like ball and crying. I was like, it just didn't got me. I was caught up in all my fields. So I recommend nineteen twenty three. I definitely do.
Speaker 1: But do you have to watch Yellowstone?
Speaker 2: No? Okay, okay, because there's eighteen eighty which is a different It's only one season and it's a different, so it's right before nineteen twenty three, right, really want to get the whole picture, start with eighteen eighty three and then get to nineteen twenty three. So nineteen twenty three is Harrison Ford and like Helen Mirren. Okay, and then you can watch Elstone if you want. But okay, all right, it's a lot of TV to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah a TV. Okay. Oh. I have a random question or random thought. And I have this random thought kind of frequently when I drive.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, I'm scared.
Speaker 1: No, it's just random. So when you see a car that has a baby on board, sign, what exactly are you trying to tell me? Are you trying to tell me not to crash into you? Like you know what I'm saying, to drive slower because it's a baby, like as if we would drive differently if it was a regular human being. I don't get it. What is the purpose. I don't care that there's a baby on board? What are you telling me not to honk my horn? All right?
Speaker 2: Like that is very much a first child stick right, you have the first child. You're so excited you want the world to know, like, have extra caution around this car. Why because they have precious cargo in the car, Robin, precious cargo.
Speaker 1: But as if okay, so if I see a car and there they don't have a baby on board, sticker, I'm going to be like, oh, I'm gonna let me go run into this car. Like I don't I don't understand. I don't understand. What is the point, as if I just unnecessary? Yeah, there's no point. The only thing I could think of is like they're like, Okay, don't honk your horn because you're gonna wake up the baby on board or something. But like, I'm not going to drive slower because you have a baby in your car.
Speaker 2: Right right. But I do remember like those I remember like my kids were little, I did want special attention, you know how my new moms want special attention, like meaning like help me because I have a bunch of kids if I need help.
Speaker 1: Well, you had three little ones. I think I was just like I didn't want special attention. I think I was more like, I got this. You know, I don't need you know I could do this. I got this while while while Corey was running out in front of the grocery store, and carters carters in the in the cart, and Corey's kicking off, running through the front of the store, and strangers are like, who's child?
Speaker 2: Had somebody bring you your child?
Speaker 1: Back?
Speaker 2: There was times when people bring me my child strangers.
Speaker 1: Yes, in the store, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: And Target back in the day when we used to go to Target, but I would have a talk with them. Before we were going to talk, I'd be like, look at here, Yes, don't have to break down, don't ask me that you want a bunch of stuff. You stick with me?
Speaker 1: Yes? Oh yeah, I couldn't imagine with three Oh my gosh. So speaking of Target, I actually went in there the other day.
Speaker 2: Okay, And it was last I know, I know, kill me.
Speaker 1: And that was my first time since before since they halted their DEI programs. So my first time I went in there. And I went in there it was like I needed I think I had really bad cramps. I need an advil. I couldn't. I couldn't take it. Okay, So.
Speaker 2: It was dead.
Speaker 1: I have never ever seen Target this dead. It was wild. It was good, so wild, it was eerie. It was like I almost felt sorry for the people who worked there. I wanted to like give them a hug, like.
Speaker 2: It's not all I'm sorry, right, I kind of feel like, I mean, I don't know what their employee like incentive program is like if you're if you've been there for X amount of years, you're like invested in or whatever. I don't know, but I kind of feel like all the employees need to quit.
Speaker 1: Just quit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I did read.
Speaker 1: I was like I think I was down like a thread, you know, rabbit hole. And people who work at Target or who have worked at Target, they say it's a really good place to work. They treat their employees well, they like working there. They have like a tuition matching program or something like or something. They helped pay their college tuition, so they really like working there. They treat their employees well. So that's why I'm like, I felt bad for their employees because the employees they say like, we love we love working there, and these are these are you know, people of color or who are saying that, and so going through there, oh my gosh. And it was like and the people that were in there, we were white, like I done. I probably saw like a couple other black people in there, but for the most part it was dead.
Speaker 2: Well it's the whole what is it?
Speaker 1: F A F around and find out f A F Oh yeah, they find it out, this says out stage right now because it's been what months it's got him, it's at least been ninety no, because he did that probably in his first week, so that was January. Oh yeah, yeah, so it's probably been February. Since February February, March, yeah, a couple of months.
Speaker 2: Now they are finding out they have around.
Speaker 1: Yeah they now they find it out. Ye yeah, new, they find it out. Okay, I have a random This was on the radio and it was like a pick one one has to go. Okay, so out of these old I don't call them old. I guess they're old school down old school R and B groups. One has to go all right, love, Yes, so new edition Drew Hill, Boy to Men and Jodicy, which one has to go?
Speaker 2: No, okay, I can't get rid of Drew Hill because that's like Baltimore, right. And I remember walking through Harbor whatever Harbor.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, when they worked at the fudge it's called Theery.
Speaker 2: Yes, I remember walking in there and they were singing, and I was like, oh, they sound good like I had people, but people singing it made the fudge right. No, that was just Thrue Hill. That was just Cisco.
Speaker 1: Okay, yep, I've seen I've been down there a lot and saw that, and right, you thought it was part of like the requirement to work there you have to like sing, but they made it a thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay. So I can't get rid of them. Is like that's that's back when I was in school at Hampton. They would come down to Hampton all the time forever.
Speaker 1: My lad.
Speaker 2: Did did did? I can't get to them. No Boys to Men. I remember I was dating this dude and we had our song to the End the Road. That was like our song. Yes, not that I'm with this guy, but like, I can't get rid of Boys to Men because I had a song, right, okay, okay, wait a minute, what's the last new edition? No, hey you stand okay wait I had that was my song with another boyfriend.
Speaker 1: So all of your memories, yes, I say, we get rid of one twelve well okay, so out of those four, I vote to get rid of Boys to Men. Why I mean, I don't cause none of their songs. I'm not ever like choosing to listen to a Boys to Men's song like today now, like today, I play new addition, I played Joe to see, I played Drew Hill and Drew Hill's from Baltimore like, so I'm like, I can I can do without into the road and like their little whiny sad songs like they're like.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, yeah, okay fine, and plus I'm not what they okay, so fine.
Speaker 1: Okay fine, Yeah, so we get rid of them. But I was surprised when I heard it A lot most of the people were choosing either Boyceman or Drew Hill, and I was like, oh my god, how can you pick Drew Hill?
Speaker 2: Because Boys to Men probably and new Edition were probably made the most money or had the most hits, right or maybe Joa.
Speaker 1: No new addition and jo Toasy for sure new addition. By the way, I want to go see I haven't seen them in a long time, like since I don't know, probably I was a teenager. I want to see them, like now I know that they're like new addition. I think they have a residency or they're touring at some.
Speaker 2: Point, because Bobby Brown on Instagram all the time sweating, so they are definitely on tour or something. I kind of want to see Drew Hill. But from what I understand, they can't get it together as a group.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they keep switching members out. Yet, No, I want to hit.
Speaker 2: The original thall the th th Thong the song is not everything.
Speaker 1: Well, no, that was Cisco on his own. That was Cisco when he was independent, So okay, there is no Drew Hill without Cisco. But like the other guys that keep like.
Speaker 2: Switching them out, Okay, well I just need the Thong songs from Cisco. Yeah, yeah, so anyway, all right, we gotta go. All right, I want y'all to listen to the Thong, the thorn Thung Thong song and don't ever forget to live your life either reasonable or shaky.
Speaker 1: Or bone fight.
Speaker 2: Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen
Speaker 2: To your favorite shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dick sent Ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady m