Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros. This is the Fantasy Awards live stream. It is me, Joey b jo Pi Zapeta with me, Pat fitz Morris, Andrew Erickson, Derek Brown. An all pro cast here that's right to help look back at the year that was twenty twenty four and maybe talk about what might be ahead in twenty twenty five. We're gonna hand out the hardware right here on the program today. The guys have some awards to give out and you're not gonna want to miss part two of this show today some special fun and games that I have lined up, and the guys have no idea what's in store for them, and that, my friends, is the best. Pat fitz Morris, Andrew Erics and Derek Brown. It's nice to see all of us together. We don't get to do this very often. It feels very Brady bunching here. Hopefully one of you will clean up after yourselves at some point, because I don't want to live in a house with so many of you. But it's gonna be a good time here today again going through some of the best and worst of twenty twenty four Fantasy football. If you've got some comments you want to make, go ahead and drop him in the chat. And of course chats are available too if you want to drop them in. We can take them later in the show if we have time. But before we get to all that business, and another piece of business that I want to talk about here, which is join us on the Betting Pros on four fifteen. That's right, four fifteen, This coming Saturday at four to fifteen, Bogman myself are gonna be live in game, live betting for the Wildcard. So Houston Texans Chargers, we're gonna be hanging out, giving you our best bets, walking you through some stuff, seeing how these two teams flush themselves out, and heck, it might be more entertaining to listen to us than the game, so make it your second screen experience. Again. It's me, it's Scott Bogman, and it's you. Four fifteen, one eleven, that's right, this Saturday afternoon, we're gonna be kicking things off. We're gonna go right through about till halftime and then you can watch the rest of the game and hopefully make a crap ton of money. But the Wildcard begins over a Betting Pros make sure you subscribe to the channel and ring the belt to like goose ding for notifications. All right, gentlemen, let's begin the process of the hardware. The Golden Globes were this weekend. They pay on comparison to what we're gonna do today, and I see most of you dressed up just for the occasion. So let's start with, of course, our breakout stars of twenty twenty four. De bro, why didn't you kick us off here? Who do you think was the true breakout of this season?
Speaker 2: Well, we all know the name I'm going to here, baby, it's Jayden Daniels. I mean, we talked about them all draft season. The QB four and fantasy points per game people, weeks one through seventeen and when it mattered most to help you bring home said hardware, that man in week sixteen and seventeen average thirty thirty four point six Fantasy points per game.
Speaker 3: All of his QB one.
Speaker 2: Rates, his top six rates all tied Josh Allen, except you didn't have.
Speaker 3: To pay the price in ADP. That's my guy. Not bad. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Number five overall Fantasy points per game for quarterbacks twenty one point five on Fantasy Bros. Looking at it now, is a pretty good year for Jayden Daniels, our consensus number one quarterback in the draft. That's all right. Why the Bears don't hire us for GM, I don't know, But maybe there'll be an opening soon. Could be we'll see Fitzmorris. Let's talk about breakouts of twenty twenty four. Maybe it's a rookie. Maybe it's not for you. Who did you award this big piece of hardware to you?
Speaker 4: Oh it's another rookie. It's Brock Bowers. And every year Joe fantasy managers go into draft season thinking about how they're going to solve the tight end problem and make no mistake like this position has been a problem. The only reliable solution in recent years has been to draft Travis Kelcey. But, my friends, the train, that train has reached the end of the line, last stop, the Kelsey Express twenty twenty four. But just as Kelsey ran out of steam, along came a new hero at tight end. It was Brock Powers one hundred and twelve catches, eleven hundred and ninety four yards, five touchdowns. Bowers finished third among all players in receptions tight ends and wide receivers only Jamar Chase and Aman Ross Saint Bron had more catches. Bowers tied for eighth among all pass catchers and receiving yardage, tied with CD Lamb. And here's the exciting thing. Joe Bowers did all this with Gardner Minshew and Aidan O'Connell as his quarterbacks. Like, I don't know if the quarterback situation gets better for the Raiders in twenty twenty five, but it's probably not going to be any worse. And look, Trey McBride excellent young tight end also, but we got the Trey McBride breakout last year. So Brock Powers the new Travis kelcey and I kind of think he should be a first round pick in twenty twenty five drafts.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. I think he is going to be around the ten, eleven, twelve And that turned conversation. I see people talk about it already and some people don't like it. I like it, and fits likes it, so it must be right. Andrew ericson, I have a sneaking suspicion who your breakout star of twenty twenty four is, but let's make it official here on the program.
Speaker 5: DTJ wide receiver one season. Brian Thomas Junior. It was the perfect storm. I projected, bet on it that he would lead all rookie receiving rookie receivers and receiving yards this year, and he did. Beat everybody. Marvin Harrison, he beat the leak neighbors, his teammate at ll See. It didn't matter. So yeah, Brian Thomas Junior. I think that he's going to be in the discussion in the first round of twenty twenty five fantasy football drafts with his old teammate, elite neighbors.
Speaker 6: So yeah, Brian Thomas Jr.
Speaker 5: And to give credit where Brock Bauers was doing with Aidan O'Connell and Desmond Ritter and Gardner Minshew, well, Brian Thomas Junior was finishing the season strong with MATC Jones, So getting Trevor Lawrence, potentially maybe Ben Johnson coming in to be the offensive play caller for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Very excited about Brian Thomas Junior after his rookie year and to see what he can do in year two.
Speaker 1: All right, what did you get a little worried when Mac Jones took over a quarterback back?
Speaker 5: No, I was already queuing up the before mac Jones entered in as quarterback.
Speaker 1: Brian was ex he had that right there. You have to scrap that.
Speaker 2: Ericson was trying to cash out that bet that he made. He was like, okay, what's the cash out? Is it a little profit?
Speaker 1: Can I get him?
Speaker 6: Ad?
Speaker 1: He had hold of me to the prediction, because you know, Relawn's got hurt guys. All right, let's go to the flip side of mine. By the way, was the second year guy, Jackson Smith and Chigua. That was my breakout from this year. Sometimes it's easy with the rookies to be breakouts, but jsn breakout year for him. I'm looking for big things out of him next year too. All right, let's go to the biggest busts of twenty twenty four. Ericson, We'll start with you this time. Who was the biggest disappointment when the dust settled on the twenty twenty four fantasy season for you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so maybe he's not everyone's biggest bus but for me personally, it was Breece Hall because that's the guy I definitely drafted the most of when it comes to like the first round picks and specifically at the running back position. So look RB eighteen overall RB eighteen and points per game, far from what I expected of putting him as my RB one. So I got I felt so smart faan Christian McCaffrey. When I get Brees Hall instead, it's like, oh great, like like it doesn't feel like a win because I still didn't draft a good running back in the first round. So I'm trying to look back and see, you know, where did I go wrong with Breese Hall? And it comes back to simple and all where people were saying two Jets going round one, what could go wrong?
Speaker 6: Well, everything could go wrong is exactly what happened.
Speaker 5: So I underrated Braylan Allen and he was better than I expected. Again, he was a really I liked him as a prospect, but I didn't expect him to necessarily hit the ground running as he did and kind of eat into bres haall especially during the beginning of the season. Obviously you have the coach Firings the Jets just being an absolute disaster.
Speaker 6: Hall scored fewer touchdowns than the year before, which I could not believe.
Speaker 5: I still didn't believe it to what I'm reading off the stats that this offense was somehow worse with Aaron Rodgers and Zach Wilson. Just from a touchdown equity perspective. I pointed out last year where Brece Haall basically never got any goal line carries. He had the same amount of carries inside the ten yard line in twenty twenty three that he did in twenty twenty four, So again still not seeing that touchdown equity, and the receiving and rushing overall was just a little bit worse than last year, and that just hurt his bottom line. So disappointed in bres Hall. I still think he's a really talented player. Interested to see where the ADP mark shakes out on him because I don't want to give up on him. But yeah, Presold for twenty twenty four is a season I would like to forget.
Speaker 1: All right. The Jets, for the record, also lost more games this year too. You just want to throw that in there, two by two. It was real close too, seven and five. All right, FITZI back to you here. Let's go back around the round table here and talk about the biggest buss of twenty twenty four on your paper.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say it's Travis Etn and Travis Etn started off with a bang in twenty twenty three and then kind of slowed down around the midpoint of the regular season, and maybe that was a prelude to what we were going to see in twenty twenty four. Etn came into this season with an ADP of RB seven sixteenth overall. He finished RB thirty six in a half point PPR, scoring RB forty three in fantasy points per game with an average of seven point four points per game. He hit double digit fantasy points in each of his first three games, though just barely, and then had only one more double digit point total all season. Were only four games in which Etn had fifty or more rushing yards, and only one of those games came after Week four, so he had a career low two hundred and fifty four receiving yards. He only scored two touchdowns. It was a bad year for Travis Etn. No, all right, do you think Travis Atn is with the Jaguars next season? Penn, I don't know anyone who's going to give him the bag after this year, so maybe they resigned him cheaply. Maybe it's like, is he.
Speaker 6: Is he a free agent? I thought he was still under contract.
Speaker 1: Well, we have to check on now to be sure. But one thing is for sure. Trent Balkey certainly is not going anywhere. He's always going to be around here.
Speaker 6: How long are Travis Etn's arms, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Let's get a measure on the arms. That's that will be the designing factory of the contract negotiations. All right, let's go to Debro for his biggest bus. And there were a lot of them too. Now, sometimes, you know, I don't like when busts are defined by necessarily eight injuries, because that's not really fair.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: We picked two guys here, Bruce Hall Travis Atn. They were on the field for the bulk of the season. Ze Bro, Who's the guy for you that was on the field for a bulk of the season and just did not live up to the adp or the hype.
Speaker 2: Well, the man that apparently went out of South Beach Tyreek Hill. And this all falls at the feet of Tyreek Hill. Like we could talk about the quarterback play and toua, but Tyreek Hill was honestly terrible for most of the season. I mean we're talking about you had to spend a top three to top five pick to get him in almost every draft the wide receiver twenty nine people in fantasy points per game. He was a wide receiver one and only nineteen percent of his games. And just for comparison, Alec Pierce had a higher wide receiver one rate than Tyreek Hill. Juwan Jennings had a higher wide receiver one rate on a weekly basis than Tyreek Hill.
Speaker 3: And so don Adam Thielen.
Speaker 2: And this is not just okay the quarterback stuff, because Tyreek Hill was outside the top twenty five wide receivers this season in separation score and route win rate. So we're honestly just seeing the precipice, the tip of the ice per of a player that eventually Father time comes comes calling for us all and it came calling for Tyreek Hill. So terrible season and I don't see a bounce back in twenty twenty five either.
Speaker 1: Great job by our producers of Michael Kelly and Seth Diewald here. Aten is a team option for twenty twenty five because he was the first round pick. And also the arm length. We do have the numbers, it's thirty and one eighth, so I'm not sure what is.
Speaker 5: That percentile Joe, that means nothing not high enough for ball Key, I can tell you that I.
Speaker 1: Know longer than my arms. That's that's what I know, certainly.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: All right. Last year on the waiver wire, it was bountiful and I mean extremely bountiful, especially from one dam Ye Pukakua who ended up as a wide Receiver one and Kyrien Williams has put up as an RB one, both pushing for the very top of their own position to unbelievable last year off the waiver wire. This year it wasn't quite as exciting on the waiver wire. In fact, all three of you lunatics actually picked the same guy. So we're just gonna rename this the Bucky Irving for twenty twenty four. It's the new award here for the waiver Wire pickup of the Year And Debro, why was Bucky Irving that guy for you? And is it something we can bet on in twenty twenty five reoccurring?
Speaker 2: We absolutely can bet on it. I mean, considering what he showed. This is Kiraen Williams two point zero people. He crushed, he was out left out there on waiver wires, and I mean he makes it for me, because who is the guy that not only sustained the value and was a difference maker if you picked him up for the entirety of the season, helped you brought home championships week six through eighteen, man RB ten and fantasy points per game with Rashad White still playing a prominent role for all of that. So I'm an Bucky investor. I think he's gonna sniff the first round in a lot of drafts in twenty twenty five, and I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: Man, FITZI, you are big into the college world, big into the dynasty world. Did you see this Bucky Irving season coming at all for the tamp Bay Buccaneers in twenty twenty zero?
Speaker 4: I did not show an The reason Debro made that comparison to Kyron Williams is because, like Kyron Williams, Bucky Irving was kind of an undersized running back who ran kind of a sluggish forty time at the combine. So the combination of lack of size and lack of speed turn a lot of people off. But man, like everything else about Bucky's game is so good. His vision, the way he strings moves together. I mean, he's just an ankle breaker. He catches passes like his game is so advanced, and man, he was a fun watch this year, like one of the funnest running backs to watch in the league.
Speaker 1: It's so funny to think, Okay, he's not as fast as the other guys, he's not as big as the other guys. It was more productive than most of them. That's something that maybe we should learn when we watch the combine this year too. Maybe don't go to gaga over some of the things. Go back and look at the tape. Look at what the guy does in games that'll give you that option. Andrew Erickson, Bucky Irving, I don't know if you had any shares of him. I did not. I had all the Rashod White shares. So my process was good. I just didn't have enough of the right guy. Okay, but it was really Bucky Irving was the guy you wanted in this backfield last season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Bucky Irving was a guy we talked a lot about. Not on the Waiver Wire show or we did, but on the trade show, Welch and I talked about Bucky Evingy because every time we looked up or like this buccaneer scheduled and the season is salivating, like Panthers, Saints, all these terrible teams and guys the NFCS South still has, the Panthers still has, the Falcons still has, the Saints, all terrible teams that Bucky Irving will play next year for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. So again, don't want to be too aggressive potentially looking at defensive matchups. But the reason that Bucky was a guy that you know, he won leagues and it was predictable, so you were able to acquire him in trades even if you had to spend a little bit more because Rashard White was still lingering around the fact that he was able to do it with White still being part of the offense. But we've seen over the last couple of weeks, I mean, he's outtouched him by an absurd number. It's very clear where this Buccaneers backfield is going now. The only cavet I would say is Liam Cohen loves BUCKI Irving like he was a big part is going back to my draft notes, Leiam Cohen played a part in the Buccaneers drafting Bucky Irving. He actually even drafted Bucky Irving over his guy at Kentucky Ray Davis, which was really eye opening to me at the time, and I wish I had weigh that more heavy. So we'll see. I know Cohen is getting head coaching interviews. We'll see if he ends up leaving Tampa Bay. But if he stays man, it's even just more confidence to take more shots on Bucky Irving, who I agree with Dee Brow and Fitz where Yeah, it's Kyen Williams two point Oh. It definitely wasn't high on Kyron in year two compared to year one.
Speaker 6: I won't. I won't make that mistake again with Bucky.
Speaker 1: I talked about this. That's a good point, right because I think last year too, we were all going, Wow, that was a great year for Kien, but can we believe in it? And I don't think any of us, I think we were all were a little gunshy on Kiren and the end I've having a really good season too, Go ahead thee Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean we talked about this on the show and shout out to ericson on previous years. The point that I think people need to take away from the Bucky Irving conversation tackle breaking metrics in college translate to the freaking NFL. And I'm gonna give ericson a lot of flowers because, Okay, he was super high on Tayler. I was year the year before, and I was lower on him because a lot of the combine stuff and he didn't test extremely well. Tackle breaking translates people. Bucky's tackle breaking stuff in college was fantastic, So we can make the same talk about Kyron and about Tyler als year as well.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to the least likely player to ever draft again. You know, I will throw this out too, honorable mention maybe for Wairoar pick up of the Year Jaden Daniels too, because I'm sure in a lot of single quarterback leagues he was not drafted, and the end it was a top five quarterback. And I'm sure ones of people some leagues, because you know, you know a lot of people drafted mahomes were not too happy. A lot of people who drafted some quarterbacks did not get the return on their investment in those single quarterback leagues. I've bet Jadan Daniels showed up in a lot more of those single QB championship teams than people realize. But let's get to the guy that we're not touching again. Mine's Christian Watson. He made it easy on me too, tearing his acl here right before the playoffs. I don't think I'm gonna be faced with that drama again. But regardless, I wasn't going to do it to myself. I had already promised myself in Week sixteen that I was like, all right, I've learned my lesson. I'm not going to do this again. Let's start with you, Derek here, give me the player that you are not going to draft again.
Speaker 2: It's George Pickens. He's a false South. I'm not drafting him. I don't even know on a weekly basis if he even finishes the game. Considering him and DK Metcalf have apparently the same affliction. Every cornerback that presses him in the line or talks smack to them, they want to fight in game. So you never can't tell what's gonna happen with George Pickens and all of our hope for Okay, he's the number one, and he's the guy that's gonna get all this target share and all that kind of stuff. He didn't do anything for US wide receiver thirty five and fantasy points per game and on a week per week basis. If you had George Pickens, you felt like this was twenty twenty three all over again, because he had six games in weekly scoring as a wide receiver two or better. Well guess what he outnumbered that with eight weeks outside the top forty wide receivers in weekly scoring. So you were like, oh, I feel good about starting him. Oh wait, he sucks again, and it was terrible. If you had George Pickens in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna draft all those lead were in together. I'm gonna have all the pickings then, because that's gonna be a.
Speaker 2: Good tab at it back this, well, I will offer him up to you.
Speaker 1: Joe Ericson, let's hid up your here. Your least likely player to draft at twenty twenty five? Who is it?
Speaker 6: Deebo Samuel? Any any pushback, guys?
Speaker 5: I mean he had less than twenty two receiving yards and I think five of his last six games, and brand Na Yuk didn't play like the entire season, and Deebo Samuel was a bust and all they've done is draft guys.
Speaker 6: I mean he might not be on the forty nine ers next year.
Speaker 5: So do I really trust a demo Samuel playing on a brand new team where I mean he's shown as such a decrease in production, The rushing is not there for him, the receiving efficiency is not there for him, He's always hurt. I see no reason draft Ebo, who was outside the top forty receivers in both points per game and overall scoring in twenty twenty four. So I mean the Fortinis try to trade him like they knew, like, hey, we want to get rid of this guy. We have Juwan Jennings, we have Frekiy Piersol. We want to sign brand new YUK long term. So yeah, I mean, with those three guys all coming back next year, we'll see what he gets back from his ACL injury. But I see no reason to think that Debo's gonna be forty nine er And I don't think I want to want to buy the discounted price of him wherever he ends up and fingers crossed, it's not my New England Patriots.
Speaker 1: Well, if he ends up somewhere else, it's not going to be a discount. That's the worst part. Everyone is going to buy in fresh you know, a coat West Virginia Dickens. All right, let's get to Javonte Williams here, Fitzy, that's your guy. Uh so, I guess burned one too many times by the Denver backfield.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I drafted Javante often this year, and you know I thought twenty twenty four was going to be his year, Joe, Like I was going to give him a mulligan for kind of a lackluster twenty twenty three. He was less than a year removed from his torn ACL and LCL, so you know he was going to be the lead back in to Sean payton offense, and Sean Payton's running backs have historically provided pretty immense value as pass catchers. I mean, he did have a career fifty two receptions this year, but for only three hundred and forty six receiving yards and no touchdowns. Javante didn't have a one hundred yard rushing game all year. His season high was eighty eight yards against a really bad Saints defense. Also scored two touchdowns in that game, but he only had two other touchdowns the entire season, and in all other games besides that game against the Saints, Javante averaged six point seven half point PPR Fantasy points per game, wound up in the messy backfield rotation with Julia McLoughlin and Audric Estimee. I mean, Javante is still only twenty four. I don't think we can write him off as a potential impact player down the road. I just I don't think I can ride the Javante carousel again.
Speaker 1: All right, before we get to the MVP on everyone's list here for twenty twenty four, just a quick reminder too. Now is the time to download the Betting Pros app sink your sportsbooks for free and you get the free trial thirty days of the greatest betting tools ever invented by an incredible team here at Fantasy Pros and Betting Pros. Check it out right now, thirty days for free when you use the promo code FP free. That's it, FP free. That will unlock thirty days of the premium tools on Betting Pros, which already have such incredible tools just for the free version, but the premium ones even better. So check them out today. And it's a great time too. With the next couple of days, you got Thursday Friday college playoffs, You've got NFL playoffs Saturday, Sunday, Monday. Matt Parlton and I were talking about it. Pace yourselves, boys and girls, Pace yourselves. It's going to be a long, long weekend of incredible football action. So download Betting pros app and get going FP free. Here we go, boys, it's time for the Fantasy MVP of twenty twenty four. Derek Brown, Who is your MVP?
Speaker 3: Ericson you ready? Baby?
Speaker 2: You gotta stretch them hamstrings, sir, don't want to pull any muscles.
Speaker 3: Can't have it. Our wide receiver one of the year, baby.
Speaker 1: Try Chase triplejown.
Speaker 3: Winner, baby.
Speaker 2: And this all comes down to I'll just give you one stat, boys, the only player in fantasy quarterbacks and everybody to average more Fantasy points per game the Jamar Chase this season was Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 1: That's it. Good argument. MVP is a very good art.
Speaker 6: Is that full PPR?
Speaker 3: That's full PPR?
Speaker 1: Baby, Andrew check in your scoring there looking at that. Look the Bengal should have paid Jamar Chase. They're going to pay now. But you know he has had a lot of incomplete seasons with some injuries and some issues there. So I mean that's the thing It's like you have these big contract gears and they get paid and then everyone goes, all right, well you're going to repeat it. So that'll be fascinating to see. It's probably one or two on most people boards heading into next year. Andrew Erickson, who is your fantasy MVP of twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: Four minus sa Quon Barkley because he was the only skilled player to average over twenty points per game and half PPR, which fantasy pros are ec our rankings are in half PPR is going. So I'm a man of the people, a man of the half PPR setting, So I'm gonna give to Saquon Barkley. Rushed for over two thousand yards this season. Was actually cheaper in drafts than Jamar Chase was, so he was easier to draft. I mean, yeah, I mean, Sikwe Barkley. I don't think you can look back at this year. I mean he's gonna win off. It's a Player of the Year because as much as it pains me to look at all my Jamar Chase off, it's a player of the Year awards and to think he won the triple Crown and that he's not gonna win the award just absolutely kills me inside, but it deservedly. So it's gonna go to unless unless something really bonkers happen, It's probably gonna go to Saquon rush for two thousand yards. And yeah, I mean from a consistency standpoint, I think there was no one that was more consistent from him on a week to week basis. And the thing of the matter is he did it without even this like absurd receiving role. The Tushbush still stayed there. Everything we were like, all the concerns we had about Saquon were just a non factor because of how efficient he was behind the Eagles offensive line. Like we knew that was gonna happen, but to what extent we weren't sure, And to the extent it was, Yeah, it's gonna result in a two thousand yard rushing season for Saquon Barkley. So, yes, this was the year draft him, and I'm gonna Admitte now, I'm not gonna draft him a lot next year, like he has all the red flags of this was the year to draft him. Twenty twenty five not the year to draft Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 1: So let's get that on tape.
Speaker 5: Barkleive Barkley's flowers now, but definitely going to be probably fading him.
Speaker 1: Slip snip this for next year, for the end of the year, Kelly, all right, let's get to Pat fitz Morris now. Andrew Erickson claims he's a man other people. But the people play a lot of PPR leagues, and there's a running back actually that had more Fantasy points in PPR leagues in Saquon Barkley. Believe it or not, Haalf fitz Morris. Who's your fantasy MVP of twenty.
Speaker 4: Four it is Jamiir Gibbs and Jamar Chas and Saquon Barkley scored more half point PPR Fantasy points than Jamior Gibbs this season. Chason Barkley did not score more fantasy points than Jamier Gibbs in the weeks when it mattered most in the fantasy playoffs. So in weeks fifteen, sixteen, and seventeen, Jamior Gibbs scored twenty five point nine half point PPR points, twenty three point four points, and twenty four point three points. He scored seventy three point six fantasy points in the three playoff weeks. Jamar Chase scored forty eight points in those three weeks, twenty five point six fewer than Gibbs. Saquon Barkley scored fifty three point three points in those three weeks and only had eight point four points in Week fifteen, So he kind of let you down if you were in a wild card game. Gibbs just he put playoff teams on his back. Joe, Like, I had Gibbs in one Redraft league and that team got in as a wildcard team. I won the championship in that league in no small part because of gibbs heroics. And it's not like Gibbs was a slacker in the regular season. He averaged sixteen point nine a half point PPR Fantasy points the game through Week fourteen, tying him with Bijon Robinson for RB four in that category, and Gibbs was consistent. There was only one game all year in which he failed to score double digit points, and he just barely missed in that week with nine point four points. So no denying how great and impactful Chase and Barkley were this season. But when it mattered most and championships are on the line, Jamier Gibbs went into the phone booth, put on his Superman cape and bent freaking steal with his bare hands.
Speaker 1: Sure did I remember having arguments with you over Jonathan Taylor and Jamier Gibbs. I'm a big Gibbs guy, and I think we're drafted Gibbs and I was so pleased, even with that split backfield most of the season, to see him at the very top of that list is stunning when you consider how much he's seated in terms of work to David Montgomery throughout the season. And maybe that's part of the success too, right, you stay healthy, you don't have the same kind of volume, But FITZI making a great case there for Jamiir Gibbs. Love to hear it. Those are the winners of our twenty twenty four awards. Now we want to hear from you. Drop your comments below here if you're watching live or you're watching back, or your MVPs, your biggest buss, all your waiver ar pickup of the year. We want your individual awards, so drop your comments. I expect all of them in there, and of course make sure you subscribe to the channel. Now, ladies and gentlemen, we have something very fun planned here today because You see, we say a lot of things here, fanas. Here we get paid to talk. We talk a lot, and sometimes we're really right about things and sometimes not so much so. With the help of our incredible team here who've been putting in the overtime, I had a crazy idea, wouldn't it be fun to hit all the guys with some of their bold predictions from older in the twenty twenty four season for better or Worse? So we can be accountable and my accountabil of buddies today, Pat fitz, Morris, Andrew Rickson, Derek Brown are all here to help us be accountable because we need to be accountable for better or for worse. Process is a great thing. Sometimes the process was good, the results weren't the same. Sometimes everything was bad, and sometimes everything was pretty darn good too. So the guys have no idea what I'm gonna show them next. We're gonna go one by one. It's not quite a roast, but it's certainly going to be an entertaining looking back on the things that we said in twenty twenty four, what came true, what didn't. Let's start with clip number one and Derek Brown seth roling.
Speaker 2: Oh well, we've all speaking of guys we've loved the entire offseason.
Speaker 3: I have not shut up about this guy since freaking January.
Speaker 2: So you're giving me an avenue where I can give a whole prediction about somebody.
Speaker 3: It's Jelil mclofflin.
Speaker 2: Baby, He's gonna be an RB two in fantasy this year.
Speaker 1: Now I'm looking at the RB twos for Jilil McLoughlin, and I don't see him there. I understand the process. A part of the process, like Pat, like Javonte. What is people wanted in on Sean Payton running backs and I get that, but unfortunately it did not come true. Debro any final thoughts in the season for Jilil mclofflin. What might have been?
Speaker 3: Oh, man, Yeah, it sucked.
Speaker 4: I was biking the entire year.
Speaker 3: He's trying to I mean seas he did. Man.
Speaker 2: I mean it was like the beginning of the year, it was okay, boh Nix was playing terribly, the offensive line is not good, and then it became a three way committee and you were like, okay, well we can't play any of them. So part of this was I'll stand by the process of it, but also, yes, it failed.
Speaker 3: And I apologized to all the fantasy managers that have drafted Juliel.
Speaker 1: All right, well, look, not everything you said was bad. Something good. Look, this is gonna be a nice cross section of good and bad, the most importantly fun.
Speaker 3: I knew Julil was going to be on the list. I knew it.
Speaker 1: Michael Cally and I were very closely going through hours and hours of tape to find some fun things. Now there's one guy that you were in on more than anybody else, and you're convinced me. I didn't need too much convincing, but you convinced me anyway. And we fought over this guy in a lot of drafts. Oh, let's hear your take about Brian Robinson Junior.
Speaker 2: Oh, Brian Robinson Junior will be this year's Alfred Morris. He will be in RB one in fantasy. And I know everybody's so concerned about the offensive line. Everybody's so concerned about this offense in general.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 1: Now, Look, he certainly had a chance at it. He did miss three games, so that was a problem there. He ended up finishing. I'm looking right now in the PPR, I'll actually well for him. I think it's more fair to gauge him in the half PPR settings, but certainly a very good season, very productive season, the solid RB twenty nine overall there and for his draft stock, very cheap and certainly, you know, it seemed to be a guy that was scoring touchdowns a good clip so unfortunately and finished as an RB one. But certainly I think a successful year for Brian Robinson junior that I think bodes well for him in the future because Austin Eckler, another year older, another year injured. It seems like, you know, either they're going to replace that role or it's going to just be more Brian Robinson twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, Joey.
Speaker 2: I mean, this all comes down to he started out really well and then then he just couldn't stay healthy. It was one nagging injury after another, and he came back wasn't getting the snap roll and stuff. I mean, if he would have stayed healthy the entire season, I think we would have seen it. If not, if not RB one, he would have been top top fifteen.
Speaker 1: All right, Uh, don't don't get too comfortable, fits, because we're coming for you. Next. This is the debro segment of the show. Here let's go to another de Bro clip last summer talking about a quarterback.
Speaker 2: All right, So I'm gonna tie a few different things together here because in their own little buckets, people might say this is not a hot take, But Caleb Williams is going to set Chicago Bears single season record in passing yards, passing, touchdowns, and completions.
Speaker 7: M Now, he didn't break the Jake Cutler records. I gotta see. It might be pretty low bars you might have brought me. That's what I'm gonna look. I gotta look.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I.
Speaker 6: Don't know if you can come anywhere your four thousand.
Speaker 4: Bobby Douglas and he was okay.
Speaker 2: He finished fifth, fifth amongst the Bears top five, so fifth and passing yards in the season.
Speaker 6: But he's not in the mount Rush Moore.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the fun part is Eric Kramer actually thirty eight thirty eight. It was the highest number back in ninety five. Eric, But a complete bust for you this year or just kind of a rookie season here where he just kind of took his lumps with all the situation between the Bears offensive coordinator getting fired, the whop kit coach getting fired, everything just being a disaster around him.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's funny because there was there's a definite dichotomy. I was lower than consensus on Caleb as a prospect throughout the entire NFL draft season. I got flamed for having him as my QB three of the draft class. But the closer we got to the season, I was like, look, he's got a lot of weapons. This this offense is going to pass a ton and he just had a monumental face plan. I mean, he was about as bad as you could expect for a rookie quarterback and whoof So.
Speaker 1: It was but to the point I think it was Fitzer Ericson was baking or both of them. You know, it wasn't a huge bar. You were just saying he was going to be the best of the Bear's quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: And he still wasn't though.
Speaker 1: I mean he just he still was no Eric Kramer, that's for sure. One more and this was a guy that I liked to and I'm not drafting anymore. In twenty twenty five, Seth Diewald rolled the clip on Christian Watson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're talking about Nico Collins and how special his twenty twenty three season it was last year. Well, I'm going to give you the twenty twenty four version of Nico Collins right now, and that is Christian Watson. Twenty twenty four. Christian Watson will be twenty twenty three Nico Collins. And I know everybody is crafting their hamstring jokes right now as you're listening to me, save them, because Christian Watson is going to bury and put all of those in a coffin with his performance this year.
Speaker 1: Well, you were right about one thing. Burying the coffin is right. Buried in a coffin is absolutely correct. He buried so many of my teams in a coffin. H you know he came into good values. It was worth the risk. Just very frustrating.
Speaker 3: Is there a palm shop around that it will take it?
Speaker 6: Please?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness? Great, a right, let's Derek Brown out of his misery again?
Speaker 4: A lot of.
Speaker 1: But look uh again process good You saw the big playability you saw with Rogers, then you you saw it and glimpses with Jordan Love It was like, can he just stay healthy? The answer is no, no, he can't and not consistent enough. So here we go. It's important to learn from our mistakes here. Let's move on to Andrew Andrew Erickson. I hope that card again you're wearing his warm because some of these but not this first one. This first one aged like fine wine, roll the clip.
Speaker 6: Ryan Thomas Junior leads all rookie wide receivers in receival. So that's my past.
Speaker 1: Let's go hot take Tabasco, Yeah, Tabasco. And and I don't think there was another football analyst out there that was talking about Brian Robinson like, jive me up, Ryan Thomas Junior like you were, and kudos to you. Credit to you. You nailed it and it came true. How does it feel to look back at that? The confidence, it's it's amazing the confidence in which Derek Brown delivered some of his takes, but the confidence of you delivering this take right here and then it being right and spot on, that's gotta feel pretty good. Did you cash in everywhere on that too?
Speaker 6: Yes? Yeah, I did it on Fandel so yeah it was.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: I think the thing that I'm most proud about it is I thought it was just really good process. Like I wasn't just like, oh, like you know, throwing a bet at at a wall just trying to take a bold prediction. I looked at jack the Jaguars receiving situation. Calvin Ridley was gone from that offense. Jay Jones was gone from that offense. It was an underrated landing spot because I looked at there are so many vacated targets in his offense. And I looked at Calvin Ridley's role in twenty twenty three, how great that was in terms of his expected production, But really wasn't the talent, or at least he wasn't the talent in Jacksonville that I thought Brian Thomas could be in the NFL. And it also goes back to we see these teammates on the same college team just get undervalued. The reason Brian Thomas didn't put up better numbers at LSU is because of Lak neighbors, not because he's not good. So I mean, I'll be honest, like Brian Thomas Junior, the talent bailed me out because when Trevor Lawrence got hurt, that's when I got the most concerned. You know, that was not into my process. If you had told me back Joe's was going to be his quarterback all year long, would not have made that that I'm Brian Thomas Junior, but give credit to the player being uber talented as a first round pick. And yeah, Brian Thomas Junior definitely one of my biggest hits. So I'm looking forward to seeing what the misses are that you have queued up.
Speaker 1: I was gonna, you know, not every right hot, So I hope you're taking a seat after that victory lap. Let's see andrews dick about the Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 5: The Carolina Panthers. Yes, the team that the number one overall pick that they didn't get to pick because they traded away. They're gonna make the playoffs this year. Who fourlina, whoa?
Speaker 6: So here, here's here's how it's gonna go. Here's how whoa, Here's.
Speaker 1: How it's gonna go. It did not go. It did not go. It did not happen. Now, I will say this, the second half of the year, Panthers were plucky, they were exciting. They covered a lot of games. They took some good teams to their limits. Andrew Rickson, ironically, somewhere around week like ten, swore off the Panthers on the betting shows that we did together. And that's when they started to get really good. They started to turn things.
Speaker 6: Until they were favored against Dallas, and then and then.
Speaker 1: It all came crashing. It all came crashing down. All right, Let's run through another one of Andrew Rickson's takes a lot of Jacksonville stuff For Andrew Erickson in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 5: My first hot take is Trevor Lawrence, quarterback for the jacksonvill Jaguars, leads the NFL in passing yards.
Speaker 1: He did not lead the league and passing yards spoiler alert. He he probably wasn't going to regardless. Here's the question, though, I think it's too early to call Trevor Lawrence a bust. We're gonna get another quarterback. This will be his third quarterback, another offensive coordinator, another system. Is Trevor Lawrence just kind of snake bit here Andrew Ericson for the rest of his career. Does he need to get out of Jacksonville to recoup his fantasy value or can he reached the heights of that number one overall pick that we had so much generational talent conversation about.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, he's got Brian Toms junior, so so that that's working positively in his outlook. Look, I think that again, I'm not sure how it's going to shake out with Jacksonville. Trent Bulky's there. That's obviously a reason why head coaches may not want to go to Trent Bulky. But if anything, it's like, hey, maybe you'll have a longer, longer leash here depending on what your production is. So I mean Ben Johnson goes to Jacksonville, then I'm gonna be back in on Trevor Lawrence and his Jaguars offense. So yeah, Trevor Lawrence, it's tough, but you have to look at the system, like he just never seemed to have had that perfect marriage between offensive coordinator, play caller, head coach, and like that really hasn't worked out, and it didn't work out with Doug Pearson obviously didn't work out with Urban Meyers.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, he still has I think the tools he runs a little bit, so I don't think that he's totally useless in fantasy. And if Brian Thomas Junior turns into a top five NFL wide receiver, which he looks like he's on his way, then yeah, you're gonna have to at least be interested in the quarterback all.
Speaker 1: Right, Pat fitz Morris has been waiting quietly, impatiently, as if I would not call on him. But I am. We got plenty of cops on you, too, Pat fitz Morris. Let's start with one regarding a guy that you and I certainly went out it over, Jonathan Taylor.
Speaker 4: Jonathan Taylor rushes for two thousand yards and finishes as the RB one in fantasy.
Speaker 1: He did not rush for two thousand yards SIK one Barkley did. In fact, Derrek Henry almost did. But Jonathan Taylor fourteen thirty one A respectable season. You were a little off, there, was it the season you were really hoping for from Jonathan Taylor?
Speaker 4: No, well, Joe, he was trying to play catch up at the end there. If the regular season had gone twenty I think we would have gotten there. So no, it didn't.
Speaker 1: You know, I really for more weeks of the season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I was kind of thinking about how mobile quarterbacks sort of spiked the rushing efficiency of their running backs frequently. How the you know, the Alfred Morris season with RG three back in the day, thought we might see something similar with Shane Stike and Anthony Richards and Jonathan Taylor in Indianapolis didn't really see it didn't work out. Like I'm starting to worry that Taylor's ankle issues might be chronic. But when he was healthy at the end of the season, I mean, you probably didn't make the fantasy playoffs if you had Jonathan Taylor on your team, But if you did somehow get in there, he was great for you down the.
Speaker 1: Stretch at the end. Maybe if you trade for him late. So Caleb Williams rookie quarterback that Debra had some takes on FITZI had to take on a rookie quarterback too. Let's see it.
Speaker 4: Michael Pennix is the Falcons starting quarterback by the end of October. Kirk Cousins has become this sacred cow in the fantasy football world because he's put up consistently respectable numbers. I would contend that Cousins is a much better fantasy quarterback than real life quarterback. So, in other words, I think Kirk Cousins is kind of overrated.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, yeah, you had the right thing, the wrong date wasn't until into December where we got that move.
Speaker 3: But Fitz Morris problem that's last.
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually correct, especially correct, But FITZI, they were kind of up against it, right because they were kind of close and in it. They had to buy and then the week after they came back, then they had Minnesota and there was no way they were gonna let cousins play that game, right, So really the schedule kind of uh caught the Falcon. So Michael Pennix, did you see enough at the end to get excited abou him next year in the Falcons offense? Yes?
Speaker 4: Indeed that guy can spin it. Man, that guy, thank you.
Speaker 1: I was saying that all last year and everyone told me, why are you so high on Pennis? I'm like, because that guy just has reckless abandon throw the football with all kinds of confidence, and he made Drake London look pretty good at the end. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The other thing, Joe, the secret sauce with Pennix. He does not take sacks like he was barely sacked in college, and obviously that was a big issue with Caleb Williams in Chicago, Like, Pennix is great at sack avoidance and manned is that guy of arm talent?
Speaker 1: All right, I don't know if you're gonna like the next couple here, we made you look good at the beginning, sets you up. Let's go to clip number three. But the Texans wide receiver.
Speaker 4: Nico Collins scores fewer fantasy points than both Stefan Diggs and Tanked del.
Speaker 1: Ooo, noth not the freshest of looks there, did Why did you think that at the end of the day that Stefan did it was not Nico Collins as the wide receiver one, that it was potentially Digs as the new guy, or even Tank Dell.
Speaker 4: I was hoping you were going to continue to roll more of the clip so I could find out what my convoluted logic was in that. Like, I can't even know.
Speaker 1: I you know, maybe a couple one too many tequilas before the sh I don't know. You're just feeling fast and loose with the Texans diakes.
Speaker 4: I mean, I kind of thought that Stefan Diggs, with his personality, would just not consent to being a second or third wheel in that offense. And I like Tank Dell, like everyone else on the staff did. So Yeah, let's uh, let's erase that one from the memory.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, that one was pretty rough, So we're gonna we're gonna cut the last one of yours too, because that guy got hurt. So I don't want to talk about it. But I am not above accountability either. I say a lot of things. So let's roll number one for mar Pol predictions.
Speaker 3: We'll make a good CALLI let's take it good.
Speaker 1: Just like Andrew Erickson, who just turned thirty, a lot of people are telling him that, you know, it's all downhill from there. It can't be anymore. Everything is gonna be terrible. And I'm hearing the same thing about Derrick Henry, and I for one, am sick and tired of hearing it. And Dereck Henry, I think, is ready to prove something. I think Derek Henry's got a lot in the tank, and I think Derek Henry is going to lead league in rushing so much so this year that I am willing to wager it, and you can track me over on betting pros when I put my wagers in, because it's going to be there for him to lead the league in rushing this year.
Speaker 3: He was close, so close.
Speaker 1: So close.
Speaker 6: Just screwed us all over.
Speaker 2: Really, we all had that over rushing touchdowns at plus money.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. I will say this too. I had the over. The number that was set was nine to twenty five and a half for him. I think he hit that like week nine or something crazy like that. And I've never bet a number so fast in my life. Is when that nine twenty five and a half came out, I said, are you kidding me? That's the number you're putting out for Derek Henry and the Raven. All right, So that wasn't too bad, It wasn't super embarrassing. All right, let's see number two.
Speaker 3: Bring this.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with my first take that Jaydon Daniels outscores Caleb Williams in Fantasy Points this year. That's right, I said it. Oh, there you go.
Speaker 8: Looks like Jaydon Daniels over Caleb Williams and that might seem like not so hot now, but at the time Williams was by far the favorite for Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 1: Jade Daniels wasn't even number two. It was Marvin Harrison Junior on the board. So in terms of impact rookies people really did, I wouldn't. Maybe if I had said bo Nix it would have been a hotter take probably, but I wasn't thinking that was possible. But all right, jayde and Daniels, that's pretty good. All right, there's got to be something bad here. Let's let's go through another clip here. What do you got, Kelly am A. Kamara is getting disrespected? Okay, he missed four games last year. Okay, you'll go back and you look at what he did last year three point nine yards per carry the year before four yards per carry. The touchdowns really weren't there for him last year. But we could say that about the Saints in general, now, can't we in PPR leagues? Alvin Kamara is going to be an RB one. That's right, I said it.
Speaker 3: I'm waiting for the bad clip. What don't we know?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know. It kind of feels like sticks pretty good. I just want to say, for the record, Alvin Kamara finished as RB nine, and that was with missing some time, missing some time, all right, all right, surely there's a bad prediction here somewhere. Let's go to I doubt it at this point, all right, And then there were one one more take for you, and I think this one the boys are gonna like a lot because I've been laying in the weeds. And you know, I've been yelling at them about quarterback play, and I yelled at them about Darren Waller, and then I yelled at everybody about this other tight end too. I said, look, you can't be good unless you have somebody good throwing you the football. And now he does Kyle Pitts tight end one this year. That's right, Not Travis Kelce, not Sam Laporta. It's Kyle Pitts boom so bad time forget tight end went overall? You didn't even finish as a tight end one, right, he was way past there. It was tight end fifteen, tight end fifteen. You know what I should have listened to myself there, I really screwed the pooch because, uh, you're right, Joe from the past, he didn't have a good quarterback play again this year. You should have realized that. But maybe if Fitz's dream had come true and we were talking, what did you say October first? There, Fitzy, is that the day you.
Speaker 4: Said, Joe, even Michael Pennox Junior couldn't rest.
Speaker 1: Sorry, all right, he tried officially, though, Thank goodness, we didn't do this the year you guys were all on Darren Waller. Let me tell you, oh my god, that would have been the best. We just called the Darren Waller experience. Uh but yeah, this was uh it was just my turn this year to take the l on cowpits. So I'm gonna own it. It sucks. He's got all the size, all the speed, all the tools.
Speaker 5: He just he's gonna be rate in twenty twenty nine on the god cool, that's right to say.
Speaker 3: I was waiting for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 6: Don't do it twenty nine.
Speaker 1: All right, finally something I'm embarrassing for me. All Right, there's one more here. Let's play this last clip and get out of here. Ladd McConkie is going to have one hundred receptions in his rookie season. That's right. I said. It didn't quite get there eighty two.
Speaker 5: I want to surprise me if he did, though, so, I mean you have to look as they did he have an I thinks a couple of games.
Speaker 6: I think so.
Speaker 1: I mean I think he was two or something like that. Pat fitz Morris, I was like mister Ladd McConkie going into the year. I was very impressed with how he showed out the numbers bear it out. Are we having big expectations for him in year two?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Definitely. Like I didn't know if he could be an alpha receiver that moves my question about him. I thought he might be kind of a complimentary guy. He is a wide receiver one, no question.
Speaker 5: All right, where are all of our Quentin Johnson takes?
Speaker 1: They're buried somewhere deep deep.
Speaker 3: Well, I thought we were going to get like a JK.
Speaker 1: Dobbins take from Ericson on air. Well, I just gonna put this out there. Boys, you know now that you know this is gonna be a thing, bring it. Be careful with your takes in August here for it. But there was a lot of good there. There's a lot of good process, some not so good, but accountability at the end of the year, and that's what it's all about. I think the big winner in terms of best prediction has to go to Ericson. Is everyone I want to agree and give him that award. ETJ. I think it was get out, So you're the big winner. So congratulations Andrew Erickson. The best of the uh fun predictions that actually came true there. I was close on Derrick Henry. You know, he's too old. No, he's not. I mean he was not too old.
Speaker 5: If you had said he's going to rush for nineteen hundred yards and not leave the NFL and Russian and be like, well, you're nuts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they get the worst. Do I get the toilet bowl troupe?
Speaker 1: Would you have said it was nuts? If Takuon Barkley was the guy I said was going to have more in two thousand yards with all of his injuries, I would have thought maybe you would think that's.
Speaker 6: Well, here's the other thing. Was Saquon right? What if I told you?
Speaker 5: Okay, among Jalen Hurts, Davonta Smith, Ajer Brown, Dallas got Saqua misses the least amount of games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know that this crazy stuff, all right, So thanks to everybody, and of course good sports. Your Pathfit's Morris Debro, Derek Brown and Andrew Rickson three of the best analysts of the business. But even the best sometimes give us some good entertainment value, and we can't be right all the time, except except me about takes some regarding running Backspartly red hot red Hot. Yeah. Seriously, Now, look, we all say some things we wish you could take back, but that's the fun of this show. We have a moment to look back in retrospect and focus on twenty twenty five and be better. Make sure you're better with us, and make sure you're subscribing to YouTube channel over you're at Fantasy Pros, bring the belt that goes ding for notifications, and of course comment with your favorite of the takes or some takes that you were right about or takes that you were horribly horribly wrong about, because it happens to everybody once in a while, even you out there. You know who you are, and we want you to be with us here for the entire twenty twenty five season because we've got Dynasty content, We've got NFL Draft content coming up, We've got out of Bounds going on. We've got so many things. And of course, while Card weekend, don't forget Saturday four fifteen on the Betting Pros channel, Scott Boget and myself hanging out tune in Chargers Texans. We're gonna be live during the game, talking betting, in game, live betting opportunities, be with us for all of that. That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for three of my favorite humans on the planet, Betfits Morris, Andrew Ericson and Derek Brown. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Football podcast.
Speaker 1: If you love the show, the best free way to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple podcasts at Fantasypros dot com, slash review, or on Spotify.
Speaker 2: Follow us on x, Instagram and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasypros.