Speaker 1: Welcome back, and everybody the Golden Hour, Susan.
Speaker 2: And I'm Kathy, and we're so excited to be back. But I got to tell you, Susan, you always look fabulous. This is one of these days where I am so glad that there's only going to be like a video snippet of me, because you know this. I was in bed so sick all weekend fever.
Speaker 1: Well, you look pretty damn good for being sick in bed all weekend.
Speaker 2: I literally got up today and washed my hair and took a shower. But I have to tell you I panicked, and you you who were at your friend's house at the beach all weekend. I needed my friend because here's what happened, Susan. I panicked because I started running a fever and I thought, oh my god, I'm going to end up back in.
Speaker 3: The hospital with them. I couldn't breathe.
Speaker 2: I had the pulsometer and a roxometer and whatever it's called, and my oxygen level was I mean, it was like living a nightmare all over again. But I'm better today, and well.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry to hear that, but I have to share your beach. But was in Sea Isle City there were six of us. We had so much fun and we did nothing. That was the best part. There was no humidity, an ocean breeze, I mean the rough the waves were rough. But other than that, can you say perfect?
Speaker 3: Wait? Were there are there sharks there? Susan got these their sharks everywhere, really, but I really don't think they're right there in Sea Isle at the beach. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yes, I listen, I grew up swimming in every beach in Cape Cod Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard. Never I used to swim out soars there. I know they weren't there when I was a child. I think they've imported.
Speaker 1: That's just what your daddy told you.
Speaker 2: They're probably hoping. I got a bite out of my leg. All right, Well, while you were sunny at the beach and while I was dying in bed. There has been a huge week in Bachelor news, so we're going to get right into it. First of all, let's start with our friend Teresa Ness. She admits that she held back on Golden Bachelor and what she would have done differently. She said, I would have been my more authentic self, and I'm saying to myself, I just I just want to throw this at you before you give me your opinion. So she was not her authentic self when all they tell you on this show is to be your authentic self.
Speaker 3: Am I right?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: She was not her authentic self and she got the guy. You and I were exactly our authentic selves and here we are basically single.
Speaker 3: Would you like to so what's your take on all this?
Speaker 1: She also says that she regrets nothing that she said or did.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, you cannot regret it. But if you're not yourself, I mean, listen, Teresa's a very nice person. Gary's a very nice person. They're both great people. And you know Gary's happily.
Speaker 3: With Lonnie Norried. Yeah, he's very happy guy. But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: How does anyone expect to find your mister right on TV or in the garden or you know, at a swimming.
Speaker 3: Pool if you're not being authentic? I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I know, I think she was herself. She was just like after spending time with her after the show, yeah, like she regretted causing that thing with you, She regretted things that she said. And really I remember my statement or your nine said sort of a dime. I didn't mean to insult her. But when she said to me, did I offend you? I said, Teresa, you don't remember what you said to me. I really, honest to God, thought she was being herself and just didn't even think twice about what she was saying. I don't think she meant harm. Nonetheless, you said it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, when she told me that, that's so funny you said that because I remember when she said to me, Kathy, you're going home because Gary likes petite brunette. Do you remember I wanted to put down the fork and not eat for a month same day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was. But you know what, we're friends now.
Speaker 1: It's yes.
Speaker 3: I think I think it all happened the way it was supposed to happen, don't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did. Everything happens for a reason or a season, right, People come into our lives for a reason.
Speaker 3: No, I just read a thing that said that's not true. I just read a thing that said that's not true.
Speaker 1: Well, I wouldn't believe everything you read, because think about your life. It's true. People show up for different reasons, and we learned something by it or we feel something from it, like that's.
Speaker 2: Well, I can't remember, I'm gonna look it up and I'll get back to what I read. But it said something about it's our reactions. It's not a season reason, it's it's what we learned from it.
Speaker 3: I don't know it was some esotericist. It was something esoteric.
Speaker 1: Do what Sometimes it's only a season. Let's talk about Courtney Robertson. She filed for divorce from her husband.
Speaker 3: Huberto Mberto Umberto.
Speaker 1: Umberto after six years, three kids. But what she said made me think, like she said that now you can't trust. Do you think he cheated? Is that the issue?
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I think I think the quote was after learning information that irreparably damaged the trust in our marriage, I made the difficult decision to file for divorce. And I think this season of her life, yeah, and I think, I mean, we could go a lot of places, but when let's not, let's not try to reinvent the wheel hair.
Speaker 3: When you talk.
Speaker 2: About damage to a marriage, it usually means infidelity on one of the other's part. And since she filed for divorce and I passed first grade math, I'm going with he cheated on her.
Speaker 1: I just feel bad because she found him out of bachelor.
Speaker 2: You know after why do you I don't care where she found him, Susan, Let's just focus on the fact she found a guy.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's very sad. And the children that there are three young kids.
Speaker 1: Yes, well I'm living it right now because my daughter is about to file for divorce.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm so sorry. I don't know if you want to talk about that.
Speaker 1: Oh the heartache like you know that saying you're only as happy as.
Speaker 2: Your least happy child, right, Yeah, it just stays with you.
Speaker 1: And I talked to her in some days, some moments she sounds okay, and then.
Speaker 2: You know what it's it's you're You're a great mom. You're going to be there for and she's going to get through it. Because you know what, Susan, we all get through tough times. And that's not me being Pollyanna. That is you know, we are made of tough stuff, and your daughter is and she's going to get through this.
Speaker 1: You know what I worry about the most, my grandchildren.
Speaker 3: Of course, It's always about the kids, isn't it. It's that's why I just said about Courtney. They have three young children. So but you know what, Susan, and I've said this to you before.
Speaker 2: It's in my opinion, my parents were divorced and it was an ugly, ugly war of the roses divorce. I don't think it's ever good, Not that anyone cares about my opinion. It is never good to stay married for the children. That is a lousy We have.
Speaker 1: More children to save the marriage. That's not good either.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 2: Okay, our favorite, my favorite, Hannah Brown, who is just little perfection in a box to make, admits that she has a lot of fear about starting a family. She said, am I ready for this? I have a fear of commitment? She and yet she said, he's now dreaming of having children. So you know I'm right, don't I was?
Speaker 3: I was. You're gonna laugh when I say this.
Speaker 2: When I was little, and I mean young, I used to say that life wasn't fair because little boys had to grow up and go to war and little girls had to grow up and have children.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna laugh, I swear to God.
Speaker 2: I used to say that because it to me, it was so scary, first of all, to have that thing come out from you know, like to have to deliver the baby, but also to be so responsible for a child's life. They're no longer responsible for just you. You have a husband and a child, or a partner and a child, And I get it, Hannah, it's scary.
Speaker 3: But I'm going to tell you, girlfriends.
Speaker 1: I think fear is bearing the child or.
Speaker 2: Just just what I was saying, raising a child, having that responsibility. But Hannah, I'm going to tell you, when you see that little munchkin and you put your arms run him or her or them. If you get twins, the love is going to explode in your heart and it's all going to be fine.
Speaker 3: And if it's not, you call me and I'll come.
Speaker 1: Baby said, she's going to be a great mommy. Are you kidding?
Speaker 3: I know, I know love those babies.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move along here. Guess what we're going to be talking about.
Speaker 3: Oh lord, I don't can't even imagine. O.
Speaker 1: I love this because I am different than most can X's truly be friends?
Speaker 3: Oh Susan, hold on?
Speaker 2: Wait you and okay, So, in fact, I've been thinking about this with you, and I'm going to go down a road with you that you're probably not gonna like. But I'm in a mood today because I've been in battle.
Speaker 1: Your consuming I might like it or might not.
Speaker 3: You may not. But I'm feisty because I haven't. You know, I haven't.
Speaker 2: No one's talked to me all weekend. I've been getting I'm going I love you. Okay, here's the thing. I think some exes can be friends. I think some exes are holding on to something hoping it comes back. I think some exit they're just afraid. They don't want any animosity. I don't know where you fit in on that, in that in that realm, but I'm going to But where do you fit in?
Speaker 1: Well, I would say honestly, staying friends is a sign of maturity.
Speaker 3: So let's well, wait a minute. Staying friends? Do you have coffee with your exes?
Speaker 2: Do you meet for lunch? Do you follow them on Instagram? Do you are you friends with them and go out with them on double dates?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 3: Hell, I don't know. I don't live your life.
Speaker 1: And friends and holiday time we reach out with a text message, WI should the other person a happy holiday? Mostly all of them?
Speaker 2: Okay, But that I would say, I wouldn't call that being friends with your ex. I don't think that's friend, it's friendly. That's what that is and that and that's fine. You know, I don't have a problem with that either. But I think that.
Speaker 3: Uh, I think so.
Speaker 2: I think some people, Susan, it depends who you know, who's the break ye and who's the break o'er, because I think sometimes people want that relationship back, they're unhappy with the way it terminated, and they're hoping to rebuild something.
Speaker 3: I think it runs the gamut. I can tell you for.
Speaker 2: Me, Uh, I A couple of guys I've dated, I remained friendly with for a period of time, but honestly, you know, we've all moved on and I'm sure they're having a merry Christmas and a happy New Year, and you know, but I don't really care.
Speaker 1: Also think it depends on how you broke up. Like one of the things I read about, could you genuinely stop being attracted to somebody that you want?
Speaker 3: Oh? Are you asking me that? No?
Speaker 1: I've read that, and I'm like, yeah, that happens all time.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, that you're still attracted or not attracted?
Speaker 1: No, can you generally stop being attracted? Oh? Hell, yes, that you once love of course?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, of course. But I just think this is it's this is like the mad rushing river.
Speaker 2: Where do you draw the line? When is it too far over the dam? I don't want uh the one ax. I'm still and you know this. I'm still friends a guy, David for ten months. I'm still friends with his daughter. We talk on the phone. She has a jewelry business. I've helped her, you know, with shows and stuff. She's a lovely person. I don't talk to her dad anymore. I don't wish him any ill. But I broke up with him. And you know, mozl, go live your life. What you wait a minute, But I do not want Here's what I'm saying. But if she said to me, Hey, Kathy, let's all get together for lunch, I'd rather scrape my nails on a chalkboard.
Speaker 1: I just don't see him and her, his daughter and him.
Speaker 3: Oh I love his daughter. I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's like I I'd rather watch dust grow. I have no interest in seeing him. It's and I broke it off. It's like, go live your life. There's just it's why would I want to have lunch with him?
Speaker 3: There would be no no.
Speaker 1: But how about if you met somebody and your new partner said that he was best friends with his ex because best friends with Dicky my ex. We're very good friends.
Speaker 2: But that's so different. But I so that brings up another question. You guys have stayed friends for many reasons. One, I think Dicky's a very kind guy who helps you. I mean you guys who are out there. Susan is telling the truth. Dicky comes over, helps her with yardwork, the swimming pool. They work together now with her daughter going through this divorce. They're pulling in this boat together to you know, help their daughter. Like you guys are tight when it comes to your children. I think you guys have a very good relationship. But I think that's rare, Susan.
Speaker 1: I believe it is from hearing from most of the world. Yeah, I mean, and do you follow somebody if you're following them after a breakup?
Speaker 2: Well, most of the men I date are on you know, they don't know how to use Instagram or god forbid TikTok. They just they may be on Facebook. And frankly, you know, I don't unfollow anybody. It takes too much effort and I don't care, and I don't curious doing well. I never, oh no, I never, I could see I think I lack. I think I'm as we know, I'm a very different person. If if if I've broken up with you or well i've only had one guy ever breakup with me. If I've broken up with you, I don't wish you any will. But I broke up with you because I didn't want to spend any more time with you. So why would I want to be your friend? Why would I want.
Speaker 3: To follow you on instant?
Speaker 2: It's like I just said again, I'd rather watch dusk grow.
Speaker 3: So you know, I don't know. Wait a minute, Wait a minute. So I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think that for me that it's a matter of you know, just time heal, because I'm healed the day I leave the relationship, I'm done.
Speaker 3: But for you, that's.
Speaker 1: Right the other way around. I didn't think lingering and hanging on. Let's just be friends with the hopes that you're going to be attracted again.
Speaker 2: So the guy, and you know, we're not going to use this name, but you know, the guy that I'm friends with, who I dated, who didn't want to date me. I was a very different person when we dated and wasn't ready to date. He's a great guy. We're really good friends. But I remember I couldn't talk to him for I don't know, a couple of months, and then one day I reached out and I said I missed talking with him, and you know, we've been friends ever since.
Speaker 3: But I don't.
Speaker 2: I could never imagine. And I know you keep saying I should date him. I could never imagine going back and dating him. Now, could you date.
Speaker 1: It at that point? How about should your partner's X ever be a part of your social circle? Would you be comfortable with that?
Speaker 2: I can't imagine, I said, I can't imagine. First of all, my social circles pretty small. Uh yeah, some of the guys, yeah, but I don't find them. I mean, I just don't. I know, I'm gonna take heat again. It's it's not that I'm a mean person. It's just it's it's like, okay.
Speaker 3: You're gonna laugh. This week just came to my mind.
Speaker 2: You buy this really beautiful dress, Susan, and you wear it, and then you know what, you drop it off at the resale shop because you've worn it twice? Do you do you really want to have an air tag on that dress and see who's wearing it next and wear that It's just that's how I feel about men, like go live your life, go dance with whoever, Go follow your moon, go follow your heart.
Speaker 3: But I don't care.
Speaker 2: I don't want any harm to come to an ex. Hear me, I don't want any harm. But in terms of you know, my life is full, Your life is full. I only have so much space in this brain for men, children, grandchildren, and so when I'm done, I'm done.
Speaker 1: No, no, I feel scotty. As you know. I just posted a person's place I stopped at a couple of weeks back. They were having this big annual summer party. They have it every year, and it's so nice to see all the people there. And my ex was there, my ex boyfriend that I dated for about a year or so, and I was totally fine. How was he weird? At first? I go, what is your problem? Aren't you over this yet? Come on? You know, because I did the breaking up. Of course, of course he needs me to go somewhere with get over it.
Speaker 2: So see that's the problem you. By the way, Bator Nation, this is the first time you hear of this little outing. And you can be sure when this podcast is over, I'll be calling Susan to get all the details and I will report back.
Speaker 3: No, you did not tell me about this. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I I I think that it really does depend but and I think at our age maybe it's different. We can be, you know, the we don't have those wild, crazy hormones and anger that we had when we were younger.
Speaker 1: And maybe weakly.
Speaker 3: Oh, Susan, maybe what are you're going to give them up?
Speaker 1: I just heard from another gentleman that I dated for a very short time, but nice, nice guy just wasn't my guy. And he just reached out to me recently. His daughter's getting married and he wants me to do the wedding. And I'm like, oh my god, John, I'm so happy to hear from you. I'd love to blah blah blah, like it's nice to stay.
Speaker 2: I think if you want to. I don't think there's a right or wrong. It's what I'm saying, if you want to be friends with ther exes. A guy that I broke up with recently, I didn't tell you this either, sooner you're getting this firsthand now too. A guy that I broke up with, super nice guy, just again not my guy. We only had I don't know, three or four or five dates, maybe five, and he sent me a picture of his new girlfriend.
Speaker 3: He said, I'm so happy.
Speaker 2: You need to meet her, and I said wait he said, I said, oh, whatever your name is, congratulations And I am genuinely happy for him. And I thought, I said, oh, that'd be lovely someday. It's never happening. Number One, I would never do that to another woman because I don't know what he told about me, but I'm here to tell you he was not happy when I broke up, So you know, no, I don't do that.
Speaker 3: I don't do that. I don't do that to other woman. Here I go, we're moving on.
Speaker 1: Would he send you a picture of his new girlfriend after you broke up with him, just to be like, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: I guess she's an attractive woman. But again, I'm weird. Good for them.
Speaker 3: I don't know, like you didn't want me, but I found this hot woman. Great. I'm happy for him. That's the whole thing.
Speaker 2: It's like, mazzlv, I'm so happy you found your woman. May may you live a long and prosperous life together just without me.
Speaker 1: We are like this is a true statement or not? Is friendship? After a breakup more common than it used to be because every time back growing up, if people got a divorce, they were taboo like, they were worried when they had to do something that the child was graduating to both be in the same room at the same time. I know there's still people out there like this. However, I think it's not as bad. I think because I'm not as bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think people try. I think it will listen.
Speaker 2: When my parents got divorced, I was the only kid in my school, literally in my grade. I think divorce now is more normalized people. You know, they get to know the new girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, wife, whatever. My thing always is when it comes to kids, you have to think about the kids and what will work best for them. And so for that reason, exes, I don't care what you do with your exes, but please pay mine to your children, because they're the ones that pay the price for your divorce.
Speaker 1: And you can't just skip and straight to friendship right after a breakup. You need some time to heal well. Some do, some do, some do.
Speaker 3: But you know we're going I want to skip. We're done, We're done with this conversation. I don't want to talk about.
Speaker 1: People, especially in the younger crowd, because there's big crowds of friends and this one and this one we're dating. Well they're not dating anymore, but they're all still in the same group of friends. I think that's be okay with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I have again, I think that is different a young couple dating versus someone who was married. And you know, now we're at the couple's dinner that meets once a month, and you know, Johnny's bringing his new wife Louise, and Louis. I mean, no, then I think it's a bit much. So I think it depends on circumstances. But I want to get into our advice.
Speaker 3: I want to get last one.
Speaker 1: Have you ever reconnected with an X years later?
Speaker 2: Well, I again, I was married, So no, the guy with the guy Wait, the guy, I can the guy he doesn't listen to this podcast, but I'm going to tell me should the guy that I loved in high school and you know, he had my heart in just forever in a day until I met my husband.
Speaker 3: He lives on Cape Cott.
Speaker 2: He's a journalist and and he writes and I follow his writings and stuff. And you know, we talked a little. I don't remember how we reached out. He'd written an article. He's a very, very smart guy and a very he's a published author.
Speaker 3: He's done a lot of cool stuff in his life. And he wrote an article and and somebody sent it to me, and I just wrote him and said, what a great article. And I don't remember what it was about, but it really was well written. And we talked just a couple of times.
Speaker 2: He's he's with a woman, he's happy, looked at her.
Speaker 1: I don't need the backstory.
Speaker 3: Oh, I would love to see if you.
Speaker 1: Read something it was well written by him and you reached out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or I guess I did well not and not do him directly, just through the publication and then he reached back out to me anyway, But you know what, yeah, whatever, I mean again, I don't have it.
Speaker 3: It is nice.
Speaker 2: He was a great he is and was a great guy. Can we please move on to our eye.
Speaker 1: The next podcast, we're going to get her some boyfriend so she has something to talk about over here?
Speaker 3: Hey, could you know what could we do?
Speaker 2: I'm working on it, Susan, as you know, I'm working on it as we speak. People, as we speak, I'm working on it. We answer questions every week, as y'all know from our listeners, and we give our expert advice. So Susan take off the first one. I can hardly wait.
Speaker 1: For these, certainly do. Okay, who is this from? Let me see this? Ah from Melissa and guess where she's from? Kathy, Philadelphia?
Speaker 3: Oh your girl? All right? My home?
Speaker 1: Dan? Okay. I love my boyfriend, but every disagreement somehow ends up with him saying, well, my ex never had a problem with that. He says, he's just giving me context. But hearing about his ex during every argument makes me feel like I'm constantly being compared. You know what's the best way to tell him? Enough is enough? Well, first of all, if anybody ever compare me to his ex, well, I guess I'm student going to be your ex too, because you don't get to say that.
Speaker 2: Well, it's funny you said, because what I would have said to him when she said.
Speaker 1: He's just giving me contact.
Speaker 2: No, well my ex, well my ex and never had a problem with that. I would say, you know what, I think you needed to go back with your ex, because now we have a problem, like I just I mean, And then I wonder why I'm single.
Speaker 3: I just would not put up with that, would you?
Speaker 1: I am not your ex? Hello? Meet me, I'm Susan, and this I don't like?
Speaker 3: You know, I wait, Susan. Why are women? I just had this conversation with another woman the other day.
Speaker 2: Why are women? This is getting off course a little bit, but work with me. Why are women so afraid to say what they want, what they need, whether it's in the bedroom or the barroom. Why are women so afraid? You and I would have no problem saying I'm not your ex and if you want me to be your ex, keep this up right.
Speaker 3: That's why we would see.
Speaker 1: It that I could say that statement now. But when I'm in it and it's early and these things are happening, if I was really really crushing on this person bed, I don't know that I would say that right away. I'd come home and call you and say, you're not going to believe this. But to say it straight to him now and I'm older, I think I could in a very diplomatic, nice way. Don't ever say that again, asshole.
Speaker 2: I mean, oh, that's very diplomatic. Season love, That's about it. Just making sure that's right out of cell side Philly there.
Speaker 3: Jeez. Wait, I just want to say.
Speaker 2: I just want to say when it's very simple, Melissa, when you ask, what is the best way to tell me enough is enough? Melissa, listen to me right into the camera. I am telling you enough is enough. There you go, Justina.
Speaker 1: That's what we would call a red flag. And he's gonna constantly do this and I are going to resent him for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So enough for that. Okay.
Speaker 1: If he really loves you, he'll stop.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And if he doesn't, there's more fish in the sea. We've had this conversation for too Okay. The next question is from Amanda, and she's from Nashville. You know how I said that Nashville like Louisville. Okay, move on, I'm naming cities, all right. My husband and I have been married for nine Wait. I just want to say, this is what happens when I'm in bed for two days.
Speaker 3: My god, it's like I can't get talk.
Speaker 2: There we go, Amanda says, my husband and I have been married for nine years, and lately I feel like we've become really good business partners instead of romantic partners. Here we go, bedroom boardroom, Susan, we talk about bills, work and the kids, but we rarely talk about us anymore. We love each other, but the romance feels like it's disappeared. Is this just a normal season of marriage or is it something we should be actively trying to fix before it gets worse. I'm going to say, Amanda, you're right on both counts. There are normal seasons of marriage when kids in Little league and bake sales and Girl Scouts and Brownies and Boy Scouts and all that stuff takes precedence. But so yes, there are some of those seasons.
Speaker 3: But you have to actively work together to build back up the romance and have date nights and do all those things. It's both both are true.
Speaker 1: What do you think is very very true? And I think women notice it a lot more than men. Men. It just goes by their head, but you need to spice it up a little bit.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, what goes by their head?
Speaker 1: We're perfect that everything else, what happens to the romance, no.
Speaker 3: Air.
Speaker 1: I think she needs to go out and buy a cute little outfit and get somebody to watch the kids, and you know, spice it up, shock them a little bit. That's very playful. Yeah, I mean they recommend things like that. Yeah, and I does get stale, and you're great at working together and you're still in love with each other, as you said, then I think this would be fun and it would spark it back up.
Speaker 3: And I do think man, you said men don't care. I think men don't care.
Speaker 1: Sometimes they don't even notice. I think women's intuition is so spot on. As you know, we feel these things first, we notice them first. We want to talk about it first.
Speaker 3: So tell me.
Speaker 2: In the guys several of the guys I've dated, when I ask them what happened in their marriages, I would say seventy five percent of them say there was no more intimacy and they just so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think men do notice it. I think they either they get they get divorced.
Speaker 1: Fags, I mean, and that comes a whole nother conversation. Menopause destroys women without help. You might not want it. I get it. I get it. But Amanda, it sounds like you two love each other a lot just to do something sporadic. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Susan's right to do something fun and playful, but understand it's not going to be when you've got a kid. Throwing up in the bed next year, it's not going to be a passionate night. Okay, it's a little bit of both, But wish you could look and understand that loving each other and talking it through.
Speaker 3: Don't just sweep it under the rug. Talk about it with him.
Speaker 2: Ask you know, there's nothing wrong with talking about fantasies, doing some like Susan said something just that would blow his mind and bring back a little romance.
Speaker 1: I think that Kathy said it is a season of marriage. We do go through dry spells if you will.
Speaker 3: And when you're over menopause, it's a longer. That's something different.
Speaker 1: You know. Buy a little outfit and make a reservation like he's gonna be like, whoa, what's this? Sha, Go for it, you deserve.
Speaker 3: It, and then Susan can come and do a recommitment ceremony. Ye all right.
Speaker 2: We love answering your questions. Clearly, we always have an opinion. You can submit all of your questions, burning or otherwise to us.
Speaker 3: It's very easy.
Speaker 2: All you have to do is go to Bachelor Nation dot com slash Golden Hour, come back each week. We love answering your questions. You know, we also want to hear what's going on, Like when we've answered your question right back in and say, hey, here's what happened or here's what didn't I yeah, let us know, all right?
Speaker 1: Moving on, Okay, Kathy, here comes your favorite part about the gals googling it and our slang Words of the week, where we break down the slang words that people are using in dating and pop culture. Now, I have to admit he has recognized quite a few of these words. I don't know about today. Let's see.
Speaker 3: I mean this one the first one. Let her or him cook.
Speaker 2: It means let her keep going, trust the process, don't interrupt because she's onto something.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It's often used when someone is making a point, telling the story, flirting, plotting, or doing something that looks questionable at first but might pay off. And to me, that makes perfect sense. Let it cook, let it go.
Speaker 3: Let it slide, let it were making a meal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, Susan's like, cook, what are we cooking here? So here's an example. Somebody predicts who's getting the final rowse after episode one. Okay, let her cook, meaning let's see where it goes.
Speaker 3: Is she gonna get it?
Speaker 2: Or she has a color coded spreadsheet ranking all her hinge matches. Yes, let her cover like, let it go, let it run, Let's see where this goes. Okay, she puts together an outfit that looks completely random, then it somehow looks incredible. Let her cook like it might pay off for wearing this. You know, it's just like it's let's see where this thing goes.
Speaker 3: That's that's how I would how I would if I had to summarize it. Let's see where this thing goes.
Speaker 1: I try to use them too, so I don't forget them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so my day tomorrow night, we're gonna let them cook, or I'm gonna cook.
Speaker 3: Somebody's gonna cook.
Speaker 1: Okay. The next one is girl math, a tongue in cheek internet trend where people jokingly justify spending money this instantly illogical logic that they they put my name next to this on purpose. It means it's men as humor, not actual financial advice.
Speaker 2: I've heard this and say these things, and so this is perfect, isn't for you?
Speaker 1: Example? If I paid with cash it was basically free, that means you still don't know. Returning a one hundred and twenty dollars dress means I made one hundred and twenty dollars.
Speaker 3: I've heard you say those things. Well keep it.
Speaker 1: I forgot I ordered it. It's a surprise gift coming from my past self. Well that you've heard me say, yes, anything under ten dollars doesn't count.
Speaker 3: I love girl math. Yeah, I mean Susan. I'm We're just going to call Susan girl math from now on.
Speaker 1: It's like Kathy one Kathy's biggest things. When I say, but I don't have to pay for that airline take it. I'm using my mile.
Speaker 3: Well, you spent money to get those miles.
Speaker 1: You're paying for the ticket. I said, no, I'm not reaching in my pocket and paying for the.
Speaker 2: South And so, Susan, that is a perfect example of girl math. You see, you had to spend one hundred dollars on that dress, You had to spend five hundred dollars on that trip to the beach.
Speaker 3: So now you have six hundred and twenty dollars. Said, you've spent out of your wallet and now you got.
Speaker 1: Six and twenty miles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you did buy those smiles. It is not free. This was girl mouth was made for you, Susan. I can't even let.
Speaker 1: It I'm understanding that I was going to spend that six hundred regardless my life. You spend money, then you get a free airline ticket when you have enough miles, but or purposely go out and pay for the ticket. I know where the miles came from. I know I had to spend then.
Speaker 3: No, here's what's Here's Susan's girl mauth, girl mouth. Here's Susan's girl mouth, Kathy, I got two for one. I spent six hundred and twenty dollars on a pair of shoes in and I got a free airline ticket. We gotta go. Thanks for joining us on Bachelor Golden Hour. Absolutely we have a ball.
Speaker 1: Make sure to rate, review, and subscribe wherever you listen to your podcast, and.
Speaker 2: You can follow Golden Hour on social media at Bachelor Happy Hour and at Bachelor Nation. Until next week, do some girl math and have a great week.
Speaker 1: Have a great time.